Speaker 1: The Force will be with you always.
Speaker 2: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to another episode of Star Wars. Lion's your home on the Geek Ultimate, a Lance podcast network for any and a Star Wars. I'm your host as always, Katie, and things right now are super chaotic, but I'm joined by the ever present Clay. Clay, how are you doing today?
Speaker 3: I am doing good. I'm like still trying to decide where i want my stream yard like layout because this is the first time in a very long time that I've actually been able to like move things around. And I think this is I think this from from where I am sitting to where my camera is to where I'm looking at you, because if I were to have it where I used to have it, I'd be looking like this completely away from camera. So I think this works out pretty well. I'm doing good. As I told you, I am currently sitting in a room that is just under a thousand degrees there. There is, guys, there is a reason why I left Texas and it's it's really sad. And I don't know if I know. My mother never listens to my podcasts, but Abby and I were talking the other day and she's like, Clay, I know, I complained a lot about missing Texas. I miss Indiana. And it's been a week. It's literally been a little more than a week. And I think, uh, I when when we when we had said, like, hey, Max, two years, I don't think we're gonna make two years. It's it's like my I was just not born for Texas. I don't know. I mean, I was literally born in Tennessee, but I was not born for Texas. And I don't know. But uh, but it's it's it's been a week. It's been a week.
Speaker 2: I really very hard. I had to drive back to Greenville today for an appointment because there's just no good neurologists in Colombia. So I am keeping my current neurologist because we have a good treatment plan and everything. But like I spent fifty dollars in gas today, Like.
Speaker 3: So I have. I refuse to fill up on gas here, which is crazy to think about because when we left to go to Indiana, Texas was cheaper than Indiana. Coming back Texas is more expensive than in Oh wow, which is crazy. It's crazy to think about that. But like we are, we've ran out. We haven't run out of gas, but we've gotten really low on gas, and I just like, go to a gas station. I put ten to fifteen dollars in and I'm like, we're just gonna try and stay on this side of town and we're not going to go anywhere, all right. Yeah, if we go anywhere far, we're just gonna ride with my parents and we're just going to have to deal with the fact that we're stuck wherever we're going to be until they're done. But yeah, it's it's it's crazy, but there there is a little bit of a life update from us guys. We do have a little bit of news. Nothing, nothing too crazy when it comes to just Star Wars in general. The biggest thing, and I think we're gonna lead with this, there was a headline over at comicbook dot com saying Ray's new Jedi order finally arrives in Star Wars' next movie, according to major new reports. My big thing though, is this headline is misleading.
Speaker 2: Very misleading, because like I read the article, but then we talked about it two days later and I'm like, oh, yeah, like the movie's finally moving forward. Great going off the headline because I exactly wiped everything out.
Speaker 3: People will see this headline and completely just think of the Ray Skywalker movie. The article is specifically talking about Starfighter. Now, there is no like con firmed reports. Of course, this is just a rumor stating that the New Jedi Order is a part of this movie's plot. And we have had We've already heard these rumors. This is kind of just doubling down on them. And when we first reported about this, and it seems to still be along that path. Is the rumor is along with the plot that Ryan Gosling's character will be taking Flynn's character or Flynn is the character, Yeah, but Gray is the is the actor, Gray's character the child to a quote unquote Jedi planet where we will be introduced to raise New Jedi Order. Now, I I thought, question Mark, well, we didn't get into that deep of a discussion when I when I talked about it on the gig First discord. But my one comment towards this, and I like, I doubt that it is because the rumors were even prior to the Mandalorian Grogu movie debuting at all. But I did say, I really hope this isn't a a rushed course correction due to the Mando box office I because because we all know what that can mean. It can mean like, hey, regardless of what this movie was going to be, we need to force this into hear and hype it up so that way people hopefully watch our movie, and then it just like kind of just ruins the movie. We've seen that happen before. I don't think this is the case because, like I said, prior, these rumors were already circulating, circulating.
Speaker 2: Very much circulator. We've talked about it before. And how like, like we know, like Tom Cruise shot a lightsaber fight. I mean, if you're doing a lightsaber fight, doesn't it kind of make sense that the New Jedi Order would be involved in some way, shape or form. And yes, do we know that other characters use lightsabers and it doesn't necessarily just have to be Jedi and Sith. Sure, but good Guy tends to be the Jedi that has a lightsaber, so that would make the most sense for a fight.
Speaker 3: And also with this article does point out that I never really like questioned more so because I have no legitimate past with this character, Like I have no experience with this character. Katie, you may know what the article is talking about, but it says here. According to the reports Starfighter. In Star Wars Starfighter excuse me, Ryan Gosling will play Cad, who is described as a Han solo pirate rogue like character and is possibly a canonized riff of a famous Star Wars Legends character, Cad being Caid Skye Caid Skywalker. Now it does stay here, so that.
Speaker 2: For reference, Caid Skywalker is like one hundred and fifty years past Luke Skywalker and like the same generation, decided to decline his Jedi heritage as the last I believe it's like the last remaining survivor of the Skywalker line. The Sith have taken over the galaxy, like to the point they have a ruling system, a ruling government on Corsant and everything like, so that that's who you're kind of looking at. I don't know a ton about him because Star Wars Legacy was only comics based, yes, and I wasn't. I never really read the Star Wars comics in like.
Speaker 3: I have only seen like maybe three or four panels of this character. He very much looks like a h in Layman's terms, like a bum. Like he is just like a like very much. So he's very scraggly, he has a long trench coat, he has very messy hair, and one of the panels that I have seen is a forced ghost loose Skywalker basically saying like why did you renounce the name of Skywalker? And like, hey, you like you could be so much more Like so I get the premise of who Kate is supposed to be. I believe it is in a separate article from Comic book dot com because there is a hyperlink. When this particular article starts talking about this latest rumor or this you know, updated latest rumor, it does talk about who kid Skywalker is and they're like, oh, coincidentally, paid and Ryan Gosling kind of look the same. I don't necessarily.
Speaker 2: What is he supposed to be? Luke Skywalker's bastard?
Speaker 3: Well, so that's the thing. In this article, it does state that, like in the current Star Wars timeline, there's not really any room to suggest that Luke had a bastardized child, you.
Speaker 2: Know, And I say bastard, guys, I'm not saying that negatively basically, but basically.
Speaker 3: The actual definition of.
Speaker 2: His baby Mama didn't tell him exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, I will tell you right now. These two people if you are looking on YouTube right now, look nothing alike. I'm sorry, they're like, oh they look they look similar. They both have one hair. That is it. There is no and like.
Speaker 2: The goates kind to match, but like.
Speaker 3: Really but yeah, like I don't believe that they will go as far as to say, like in like actual canon, like hey, like this will end up being a skywalker because if they do, I might throw my popcorn at the screen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't necessarily pitch a fit about raised Jedi order being in Starfighter because, like I said, I don't think it's a course correction from mand learning Grogu. I think the course correction would be claiming he's a skywalker and like reshoots involving that.
Speaker 3: I would be so pissed, like genuinely, only because like, you can't tell me or at least tease me there's a possibility of Ray being in this movie just to then say like, hey, I'm actually like your like.
Speaker 2: Adopted sister.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, like, because then every single person and their mother will then say, hey, forget about any plans you had about Ray. I want more Ryan Gosling sky.
Speaker 2: Skywalker exactly exactly, and yeah, we don't. We don't need that. So and now that this is out there, it's gonna get picked up by grifters and people are going to be saying it. So we're just gonna have to accept that people are gonna be like, oh, they're going to replace Ray with Ryan Gosling. So we're just gonna have to push past that and hope that lucasfilm isn't that dumb.
Speaker 3: I I, like I said, I don't think they would be. I think that it will like I say that, but I mean, it's just disgusts me to kind of think about, like, hey, you know, we we just we just go along with grifters, and we just we we go along with the minority instead of the majority. You know, Like that's how things work in the United States these days, and it's it's just said, but that's that's the biggest thing to come out of the news this week. Nothing else has dropped dramatically or anything else. Just so that way you guys are aware, we will not have a live review of Star Wars Legacy, which does come out next week, comes.
Speaker 2: Out in two weeks. It comes out on the twenty eighth. The embargo is up next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, correct, correct, correct, It comes out in two weeks. Embargo is next week. We will already record. We will be recording our Star Wars Legacy review actually this weekend, and we will be posting it on that embargo date, so that way you know it's out there and we will remind you once the actual official release is out to go back and listen. If not repost it and shared on social media and whatnot. So yeah, other than that, before we get onto our main time topic, which is Doctor Afra the two thousand and twenty five run, which is only a small five issue run, we will be talking about what we got earlier, uh last week? Was it earlier last week or is it early early?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Earlier or late last week?
Speaker 3: Late last week we got not only a poster, but we got a trailer for the ninth Jedi. O Katie, I shared this with you, and your reaction to me sharing this to you was hmmm, So I need to know what were your initial thoughts on this trailer.
Speaker 2: I thought they were going to go more creative with the storytelling, okay, I versus an original trilogy rewrite kind of feel is what I feel from this?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm and obviously that can be wrong, but that when you say original trilogy, I think you really mean the Star Wars go to of World Killer. That is like, because everything else is I would say kind of original. I'm not gonna say that they have not created an original story. We see, uh, you know, a full band of heroes on quotations because there is a there's a little bit of a twist that comes along with the trailer. But we have our band of quote unquote heroes and there is a uh, a masked villain just like every other That's more.
Speaker 2: What I meant by like the masked villain, Okay, feels it feels like we've got the bar the original trilogy aspect. There there is a word world killer. I do see that. Sorry guys, again, it's been chaotic. I've got a plan now, uh, but the kyber crystal making the weapon, it just feels very rewriting. And I know that that like that they wanted these studios to be able to do this, But I really thought what we had with the first two episodes of The Ninth Jedi was super original storytelling, like brand new chapter kind of feeling. And it feels very re ready here and not necessarily original.
Speaker 3: So I will say this, I do feel that with this trailer, the plot is lost. And when I say that, the plot of the first two episodes in Envisions season one, Vision season three is all about our main character Kyrie and her father. Right, is her name Kyrie Kara Kara? Sorry I knew it started with a k Kara's father being this lightsaber forger, right, And I don't even know. I think we see him once in this entire trailer, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because there's still that focus of Okay, she wants to get her father back. But I feel like it's just kind of like Luke, like he was recruited very randomly apparently, but he was actually like meant.
Speaker 3: To be Holy shit, hold on, is this is this a new hope in Rogue one put together?
Speaker 2: That's what I kind of feel like.
Speaker 3: Oh I just thought about that because of of uh Ursa's father, uh.
Speaker 2: Huh oh no, And that's just it just it feels like we're just retranslating, rewriting some things. I'm not gonna say retranslating. I'm still excited for it, but this trailer death let me feel a net and especially with the fact that this this premiere is all at once on August fifth. It's not encouraging in that sort of way.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I also wanted to talk to you about. At the end of this trailer, it says Star Wars Vision presents the ninth Jedi streaming August fifth. It just says streaming August fifth.
Speaker 2: No, it is confirmed that all episodes drop August fifth.
Speaker 3: Has it been confirmed that all episodes drop on August fifth? Katie? Do you know what that means?
Speaker 2: We've got to turn it around the entire day.
Speaker 3: So how many episodes have we been Has it been confirmed how many episodes this is yet? Guys, we may have to break this up into two episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be that we're dropping an episode on the sixth and an episode on like the tenth or something on that sun. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like or I would even say, I would genuinely even say, like, if we just break the season and half and we break it into two weeks, I think that, Uh. I don't necessarily think this requires, Hey, we need all to like let's say there's ten episodes. Like, I'm not saying like, oh, all ten episodes need to be dropped within a two or three day span. I think that. Yeah, if if all episodes drop on the fifth, say it's ten episodes, we drop one through five on the sixth, which will be a August fifth actual live show, and then the very next week, which would be the thirteenth, thirteenth would be episode six through I think that's how we would need to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we can kind of play it by year. Yeah, so, but we will definitely have some sort of view for you guys on the sixth for that. The other part of this press release, oh it does say eight episodes. Excuse me, I'm totally blind, and the press release is the eight episode limited anime series is part of an all new Star Wars Visions Present spanner, which allows filmmakers to tell longer form Star Wars Vision stories. So that does kind of tell us that there will be future Visions Presents storytelling efforts, which is encouraging. That's it. That's encouraging that this went well enough that Lucasfilm was like, Okay, you know what, we can keep doing this.
Speaker 3: We can we can create more content for our Disney Plus contracts is essentially what this is about. That being said, of course, we don't know any more future projects. When it comes to Visions, we don't know. We don't even know the locations of the studios in season four. So my question to you, off the top of the Dome, through Visions seasons one, two, and three, what is the next Visions presents series that you want to see?
Speaker 2: Off the top of my head, this is the first one that comes to mind, and it's the French anime episode from season two, which was, uh, the dancer with her daughter that was our son. I can't remember who it was, but what her child basically was taken by the Empire and uh like mutilated and stuff. I would love to see a continuation of that story. Yeah, the French episode. I really fell in love with that style of animation, but also the story being told of a mother's love for her child. I thought it was really unique, really special, and I loved how the animation touched on like the different dance elements. So there's others. I know there's others, but that's that's the one that jumps out at the top of my head. What about you?
Speaker 3: So I off the top of my head, off the top of the Dome, I have the Bounty Hunters. Okay, this was one from season three that we both enjoyed very much, and we both had said, like, hey, this has a lot of potential for future installments if Visions ever goes back to Japan. This I think does very much have potential with the because it was with the the woman that was at one point enslaved and then became a bounty hunter and all of that stuff. So I think with a really fun droid in there as well, I think that would be a very very fun series to jump into. The second that I immediately thought of, which I think somebody like Snell would appreciate because he loves Wallace and Grammet and you actually really really it was in season two I Am Your Mother, which was the ah the young the racing one with the pilot Annie uh and actually had a canonically uh oh who was the Yes, Wedge was a part of was was a part of that one as well. So I think, uh, the Claymation would be a really fun series to jump into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, Yeah, I'm excited for the ninth Jedi.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see how it goes. Yeah, And that is, like we said, debuting August fifth, one month from now. Guys. We have so much content, guys.
Speaker 2: So much legacy Legacy Review next week, Eyes Like Stars, the following week, Vision's Manga, the next week, the ninth Jedi. It's going to be a blast.
Speaker 4: Yes, so much reading, but guys, I think that's all the news pieces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, how is the box office for the Mandalorian. Let's look at that.
Speaker 3: Let's take a quick look, because I think that we.
Speaker 2: Have one hundred and thirty six dollars.
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 2: Oh excuse me? That was the AI for Google box office Mojo is my typical uh place for box office three hundred and forty point zero seven one million.
Speaker 3: Dollars currently placed at number eleven in the box office currently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my hit three point fifty it might.
Speaker 3: Which which is a lot more than what I predicted. By the way, I totally lost that pizza bet with Travis for Supergirl that I thought Supergirl was going to do better than Star Wars and that crashed and burned.
Speaker 2: So I haven't gotten a chance to go see it, and I feel bad about it.
Speaker 3: But it is. It's it's not looking great. But nope, we are going to be discussing Doctor Afra Chaos Agents. This is uh the twenty twenty five run. It is five issues long.
Speaker 2: Ky, we have writer, yes, Cherish Cherish Chin. I think she goes they go by Cherry. For artists, we had Gabriel Guzman for issues one through three, Kieran Mcowan for issue number four, and Stephen Cummings four issue number five. The color artist is Mike Attilla and the letter is VC's Joe Karaman. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Cover art EG Sue for number one and E. G. Cure for two through five. Assistant editors Mikey J. Basso and Drew Baumgartner, and the editor is uh Mark Panacea Panachea. In terms of art for this one, I kind of liked four through five better than one through three.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am the same, although I will admit one, two and three did have uh emotional facial expressions down pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's stuff like this guy. Sorry guys, the background is throwing me off, but.
Speaker 3: The very was my thing I have. I I think the story was okay. I do have a problem with this series though, very.
Speaker 2: Non emotional steaks but like interesting no stakes at all, but like it has stakes for Afra as a character, just not wide pressing the steaks and is a beloved character who they think and I agree with, can still be relevant to the cultural of Star Wars. But I think the problem is is af as a character. And now I have not read all of the Afra runs. I've read bits and pieces here and there. I think the issue with Afra is that so far she has required a secondary she she requires a secondary main character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is. She is very much co dependent.
Speaker 2: She piggybacked off of Vader, She's piggybacked off of Luke Khan, She's piggyboff, piggybacked off Chrys, Santan, Sana, Starros. The list goes. On issue number five, I felt like Afra was coming into her own and I needed more after that, Like, I felt like we were finally getting Afra as a solo character.
Speaker 3: And then it ends, it ends, and it's.
Speaker 2: Very sad, and so I think, like, we have Luke for issues one and two, and then we have Han for issue three, and then we have Chili for issue four, which was very random, Like, did not see that coming, I guess because they wanted to have two wookies play on the same page together.
Speaker 3: I also, I will admit, I don't like the way that they introduce the idea of bringing Han in, more so because I understand that you have to like get people excited for the next issue, because not everybody is going to be aware of things like solicitations which literally tell you like, hey, this is what's going to happen in the next issue. The way I would have gone about it is like, at the very end, Loose Skywalker says, oh, by the way, you're gonna have somebody watching over and he like throws the data pad at her, and she's like, Han Solo, I think he should have kept it to himself. Yeah, because of the way that issue three starts, Afro is kind of talking like she doesn't know what her next mission is when she has already been told that Han Solo was going to be tagging along with her. So there's just some like things I would have changed for sure. Also, if issues one and two did not prove, or if you had any question on what kind of individual Luke Skywalker was before this series, issue one and two proved he is a cop. Afra specifically told Luke, Hey, not everybody's going to be super jazzed about you being here, So let me run the gauntlet on this and we'll be good to go. And as soon as somebody says oh, the force he immediately takes off his hood is like, hey, on, behalf of the Republic, I'm taking this into custody, and then all hell breaks loose. Yeah. If Luke would have kept his mouth shut, stayed quiet, Afra would have gotten everything they needed with no chaos and sewing. Now I understand that the book would have then been four pages shorter. Ha I understand that. But to put Luke in the light of being this cop like figure and then an issue too blaming Afra were the chaos that ensues in issue one. I was so angry reading those issues. I was like, Luke, why did you do that? It was very easy. She was getting everything that y'all wanted. And then an issue too, he was like, hey, because if this is what happened on the last planet, I should take control of the situation.
Speaker 2: That's what got me is I didn't really care that he did the thing. I think he lives by that farm boy persona, and they did it a little bit better in the legends where it was like some naivete like everybody in the universe's good kind of feeling in this case that naivety would have benefited better. But then to act all high and mighty in issue too. I was like, yeah, you really feel like a cop right here.
Speaker 3: Oh, and also it doesn't help his case that And again I understand this is the reasoning behind the storytelling and the reasoning why they do it, but for the fact that he was like, Hey, I'm gonna be the face of this investigation and have a door slammed on me every single chance that I get. And then Afra literally just spends less than fifteen minutes talking to somebody in a card game and she's like, Hey, I have all the information we need.
Speaker 2: That aska for you though she's spectacular, but it is just like.
Speaker 3: For one people, we need to we need to come to terms with the fact that even though Luke Skywalker can be a badass, he is just another white guy. Like he is just another white man that does not need to be the answer for everything.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: That's just like and you can.
Speaker 2: Have big storytelling moments where he is that focus, but it in it It's like Lucasilm was trying to say, kind of when they were making good efforts, is that Luke Skywalker is only one man, and Leah and Han are only two other people that can't be everywhere in the galaxy, all at once, and then all of a sudden, now we must have him everywhere back a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and we didn't have enough people show up for the Mandalorian and Grogu, which I totally get why because box office or movies are expensive as heck right now, I totally get. I'm not saying that, but Lucaslm's gonna look at that and go, well, we tried. Now we have to do something else.
Speaker 3: I will say this, will say this. I went to go see Supergirl here in Texas because literally the weekend it came out, I was literally driving from Indiana to Texas. Seeing a movie ticket for less than twenty dollars was very nice. But I do know if I were to go see the same movie after six pm, it would not be less than twenty dollars. So it's it's expensive everywhere for sure. But yeah, as far as anything else in the Doctor Afra series, really, I think I have too many gripes. Other than the first two issues, I think, well, and like when when you said like, oh no big whenstandre percussions, I think that was Another big complaint is that when you put this premise out to people. And again, I think this is more so a result of this only being a five issue series. Yep. Like by Issue too, like by the beginning of Issue Too, it felt like, Hey, this Gauntlet could be something.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: It really felt like it was nothing because of the issue.
Speaker 2: And that's and that's what they tried to do with the twenty twenty run. I feel like is they carried over artifacts and made them big proponents. I do like the idea of Afra being a dagger and like a historical artifact hunter and that's how she works for her sentence off kind of feeling. I liked that concept, and I like when we talked about our Star Wars suicide squad like in the Mando era, like we both or I think I put her on there, Yeah you did, you did, But like, I think that concept totally works here. The big issue is not enough time and not enough Uh not enough? Like what's the word I'm thinking, there's not enough. I don't want to say effort, because I know everybody put great effort into the storytelling, but like, effort's like the closest thing I can look I can find in my head. Sorry, guys, it's definitely not the word that I'm thinking of.
Speaker 3: Just want to say hi to Alex in the chat. And also, Kevin, we do see your comments on the Starfighter Future and how it's going to bounce back with lucasfilm. We do believe that is true. Also, yeah, we'll.
Speaker 2: Talk about it more after we get done with the comic review.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I agree, And this goes back to our conversations with Jedi Knights and Kylo Rinn recently, and I say recently, I feel like twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five specifically, there has been a little bit of a less investment in the Star Wars line of comics when it comes to Marvel, and it kind of hurts because we always say like we're we're always saying like, oh, we don't really have to worry about concept because it's constantly coming to us because we cover everything. We cover movies, we cover TV shows, we cover books, we cover comics. Yeah, Like, when you look at everything, it's all encompassing and it's a whole year's worth, but when you look at those individually, it starts to shrink. In comic books specifically, when it comes to Star Wars, it's been almost like a desert. There hasn't been much of anything consistently. Everything has been a limited series, and I genuinely think things need to change when it comes to that aspect Star Wars specifically, so that way we can have substance with everything that's going on with these characters that we want to see.
Speaker 2: Either that or you need to be upfront with these artists and the authors who are coming in and you say, look, you got five issues. I need a tight story and it need to make it work. The other thing I wanted to say, I think this is the last thing that I had was this cover, this issue cover.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Originally when this came out, I was like, why is Luke so feminine looking? And I know people like to say he looks kind of feminine your preference. I've always thought Luke was more masculine, but that also might be the Star Wars legends. But turns out this is her sister. This is not Luke very important in case you were thinking.
Speaker 3: I well, and that's the thing when you look at I think that's one of the other big complaints to me is when you look at the series, like judging a book by its cover, you look at issue one and then you look through issue two through five, Issue one looks like it should not be a part of this series. It's like they decided immediately after they got the completed work on cover on cover one, was like, hey, we definitely need to change this. Yeah, I don't know why. I don't. Like there's like the cover that I currently have on our thumbnail is actually a variant cover. It's not the uh A cover, actual cover for uh for the series. But when you look at the covers, it looks like the odd one out. It looks like the Black Sheep, And it's again totally preference. Are is subjective, totally understand the It just looks like a completely different story compared to everything else.
Speaker 2: And I think like he the artist for issue number one, came back for two through three, that's Guzman, but it does it looks like they dropped the aggressive shading a lot in two and three, like it cleaned up because like they're still like this is this is the beginning of number two And I know you can't really see it that great, but like this is very much less shaded Luke Skywalker face compared to the one that I showed. And I think it's because they took a look at it and said, yeah, you know what, this is not gonna work. Or maybe this was originally supposed to be a one shot, because I did feel like Issue one was kind of long, longer than the other issues, so maybe it was supposed to be a one shot, like attached to Star Wars, and they were like, yeah, you know what, this has promised, like we're gonna make it a mini series instead.
Speaker 3: I don't know. And I also and I also do have a small problem with the fact that when you in the book with literally the fact that you have no idea whether she actually learned her lesson or not. Uh huh, Like because she is talking to her sister and it's like, hey, I had a really nice conversation with somebody that's somebody being Luke Skywalker about how you can change and like you don't have to keep running and everything else. But like once the sister said stuff, like they're like, okay, cool, let's let's just go, and you're like, okay, but go where are you running again? Yeah? Or are you going to be a dagger when the next time we see you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because it goes back and forth, and the whole title of this series is Chaos Agent. Like I feel like if she was only going to be a Dagger Agent for five issues, we should have had Dagger here instead. Really because there's not there's chaos an issue one, which is also why I kind of leaned towards it was a one shot that got developed further.
Speaker 3: I understand that Afra can be a loose cannon, and like that was the whole point. That's the whole premise is that like, hey, like we understand and value your knowledge and skills, but you even convinced your parole officer that you should go and steal some things Like that was like the whole first issue, which I thought was really really funny, but like everything from after issue too, she is like doing good. She is not a loose cannon. She is not breaking any rules. She's not be like she's not becoming a rogue agent or anything. She's following the rules. So like I think overall, and and I think this is a silly argument, but I still think that, like, guys, this could have done a lot better even if you do twelve issues, because five just seems way too short. It Like I don't know what the resolution is at the end, Like I feel like I didn't learn anything, Like it feels like there is no like ending.
Speaker 2: It just ends, Yeah, which is I believe that's how Afra has ended the previous two series is kind of like, Oh, we're just going to kind of go off and like see what happens kind of thing. Uh, respecting the chaos of who Afra is. If you guys are interested, our friend at Ryan at my knock Manner has actually completed two interviews I believe with Chen.
Speaker 3: They were really good interviews.
Speaker 2: I admit I forgot to read them before we did this, but I read them when he first released them, and they were very good interviews. He did a really great job and it was a fun interview with Chen. So I would highly recommend if you're interested in that to go check those out because I do think they did a really good job and there's promise here. But like you said, like Jedi Knights, there's some missing stuff here and it feels like we got rushed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably my favorite art in this, by the way, is Issue four and five. Four is probably my favorite.
Speaker 3: I out of every out of every issue, I think my favorite would have to be issue for I think you're right, Yeah, I think issue four, especially, Like again, artists objective, everybody can have their own opinion, but transitioning to what we had in issues one, two, and then three and then switch over to what we have in four felt like a little bit of fresh air. It was very clean, very smooth. I love the shading, I love the colors, and I think you're right. I think genuinely they're just like, hey, we need some sort of buffer between issues three and issue five. Let's just have two wookies to duke it out. Yeah, And that's that's the reason why Chewy and Chris An we're a part of that that issue because it happens so quickly, because again they're fighting for like three or four pages and then there's the exposition and then the ending, so you're kind of just looking at arts for a little bit while they're fighting.
Speaker 2: And Afro's commentary is super funny. I definitely love Afra as a character, and Chin definitely hits Afra's character very well. Uh but like even the guy in the beginning who's like, Abra, we need you in the drawing by like I was cackling in the coffee shop, oh man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I think that's it.
Speaker 2: For the comic discussion. So going to Kevin's comments before we close out, Guys, Kevin says Starfighter trailer will be released the public D twenty three XL Lucas film will bounce back theatrical. We can hope for the bounce back and we'll see what happens. I just I I need the billionaires and the millionaires to recognize that we're in a different situation and that we need to keep budgets trim.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If anything, again, We've talked about this so much, and I think Obsession is a really good explanation. Is a really good example. Obsession had I think less than a million, less than one hundred million. I can't remember the exact budget for Obsession, but it has broken records for the genre and for the type of movie that it was wanting to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did I lose you or did you lose me? Clay?
Speaker 3: Okay, so they Katie, Okay, I'm back. Okay, both cameras went out. I have no idea if anybody could hear anything, uh, but we'll double check. But what I'm what I'm saying is that with different genres, budgets can be extremely different. And this is why I will always be a huge cheerleader for Star Wars needs to lean into genre filmmaking instead of just trying to be the one billion dollar box office movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not everybody's gonna hit there, so that they just need to recognize that and recognize that four hundred million dollars three hundred million dollars at the box office. It is not a bad thing if you can keep your budget better. So, yeah, I do not know about the star Fighter trailer being released to the public T twenty three XPL. I'm thinking probably more towards Christmas, just because I don't think they've shown a trailer at an expo yet for a Starfighter, and typically the first one that Lucaslim shows is at an expo and it's private, so I don't know how much we would get. I would be leaning more towards Christmas or maybe October ish with like college football, like a big game for college football, that would probably be where I would be at for the trailer. People easily get offended about everything right now, Disney going to have to play it safe to keep the family audience. Yeah, I easily offended this.
Speaker 3: I think this was this. I think this was my comment towards uh when we started talking about grifters and everything else. Like, I like, I think that we have seen very recently that there has been a little pandering to the negativity, which is not great long term, and I do I do think that a lot of studios need to really be careful with that because like, just just know that every single audience is in a bubble, because if you're looking at long term, you're gonna have generations and generations and it's just not gonna look good.
Speaker 2: You have to modify for the generations that are coming because the Generation X, the Boomers, they're not going to be here forever. And you cannot sustain a business with catering to one generation. You just can't. Yeah, So but yeah, I think that cuts us here. So remind you guys before we say your goodbyes. Next week you will have an episode. It will not be a live episode, it will be our Star Wars Legacy review. Clay and I are going to be recording that the Saturday. So if you guys have any questions, feel free to shoot us a social medium message or an email. You can use the user name star Wars Alliance with no A in the Wars very important, don't forget it. And that is our social media user name. Uh. If you want to email us, you can put that user name in front of at gmail dot com and shoots an email for any questions that you guys have. I have finished the book. What I will say is I believe miss Rue is an artist, and I will leave it at that until Saturday.
Speaker 3: I have paced myself, so I have not yet finished it yet.
Speaker 2: Clay is pacing himself. The following week will also not be a live episode. We're going to be reviewing Eyes Like Stars. Eyes Like Stars releases July twenty first, and so our episode will be dropping when that, guys would Again, we're both lucky enough to receive review copies, So that is what you can expect the next two weeks, and then we will have our Star Wars Visions. We will be back on the third, No, the twenty ninth, excuse me as our live episode return Star Wars Visions Sukomo that is a manga that is being released actually next week on the seventeenth, I think, or the fifteenth. Fifteenth sounds right, So that's what you can expect from us, guys. So Clay, where can they find you?
Speaker 3: Of course, you can always find me at fanboy Clay on Instagram on threads. That's kind of where I've been hanging out for the most parts, So go check me out over there. We have not had a episode in a hot minute for Rainer Alliance. We are finally That was my daughter's toy that just scared the crap out of me. I don't know if anybody heard that, but uh, we have not had an episode in a hot minute for Ranger Alliance. We are finally sitting down this weekend, uh to get that recorded and it will drop on Monday. Uh, so be on the lookout for that. Uh. And uh yeah, Katie, what about you, y'all?
Speaker 2: You can find me on most social media platforms. You can find me on most social media platforms. It's at Slice, Katie.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Like I said, Star Wars Alliance, UH, with no A in the war is very important, don't forget. It's blue Sky, Instagram, Threads, Gmail, use the user name at gmail dot com to shoot some email. We love hearing from you guys. Looking forward to kind of getting through the rest of the year. We've got one more book scheduled after July. That is the Reign of the Empire, Edge of the Abyss, book two of that series. So and then we'll kind of be diving into a lot of comic reviews and stuff. So I'm kind of looking forward to that sharpening up my comic review skills. So uh yeah, very excited, very excited to get out of my mom's basement. So with that, y'all, I want to wish everyone a great day or night, whatever time a day you are listening or watching, and we will see 'all next time. May the Force to be with you