Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just cause my dog.
Speaker 2: Something killed your dog, my dog.
Speaker 1: We're flying through the or over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was?
Speaker 3: Or was it was?
Speaker 1: Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus quice you better. Yeah, Hello, get somebody out here when i'm out there. I thought of a bit of about sixty nine.
Speaker 2: I don't know I'm out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the booking right away.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining me today to spread in Alaska. We have Sonny who's returning, so I'll let you take it from there. Sonny.
Speaker 2: I'm Funny Grand Turner, Juno, Alaska. I'm full Clankett born and raised in general. I told about my Mount Gino adventure. I think that's pretty complete. I'll just go into Thomas Bay. Thomas Bay trip happened in nineteen seventy two, nineteen seventy three, and that was quite a few years ago. I'm not sure if you or your listeners have heard of a book called The Strange Victory ever told I have, Yeah, maybe some of your listeners haven't. You can buy that book for less than ten bucks on Amazon. The author is Harry Kolpe. He was one of the four miners who went to Thomas Bay. We went there mostly because of that book. Thomas Bay is one hundred and five miles south of Juno. We went as a church group. It was about nine of us, the adults and seven boys. We're on a twenty four foot bay liner. It took us all day to get to Thomas Bay. It was a beautiful weather. It was a perfect time to be on the water. It was evening time when we got to Thomas Bay. The story starts off at a river called Patterson Creek, and we weren't certain, but we anchored off the river. That was very beautiful. Before bed, we read that book. It's a very short book. You don't have to read that book. It's a good book to read while you're out camping. We're at the place where it happened in the book. We woke up the next morning. We had a little skiff. It took a couple of skiff rights to get all of us the shore. One of the STAP members stayed on the boat just to make sure the bow wouldn't drag anchor or something. We're brother lunches. We started hiking up. We end up following this ridge. I think we were fallowing a game trail, like a deer trail or something very common to find bear trail. They're very wide, almost like going into a little cylinder. Yes, we were hiking up this trail, we noticed how quiet it was. Usually you would hear a hermit draft or eader, eagle of the ravens, other animals, squirrel, morments, you would hear all these animals. We didn't hear anything. We thought that was very unusual. We're talking amongst itself, saying, yeah, we're definitely in the right area. It's strange because I grew up hiking very young. I grew up deer out and with my dad, so I was very familiar being in the.
Speaker 4: Woods right now. Historically, there's some issues with that area. There was a village and what have you that no longer exists.
Speaker 2: It was a landslide that happened at the base of Crescent Lake, which was the lake we wanted to see. That was another reason why we were eyking up to see that lake. They call it Half Moon Lake in the book. There was no real name for it in the book, but that's what it was called. The landslide happened in seventeen fifty, the Big landslide, and that killed everyone in the village. Ever since then, it's been really creepy being there amongst the natives. There are stories that wasn't a place to go. You avoided it because there were some bad things happening there. The story that happened with those four miners happened nineteen hundred. In the book, he talks about several excursions to Thomas Bay all the way up to nineteen fourteen, trained things that happened to people, mostly the miners.
Speaker 4: It makes you wonder about that because me, I've always suspected that there's something to do with the energy near gold mining area, gold products energy along with cords and copper. It just always seemed interesting to me that historically in modern times there's encounters people making reports of just craziness around gold mining man.
Speaker 2: That's described in the book. They called them little devils, but it's the little people that you've talked about. There are little people, and they're not very tall. They're like three three and a half foot tall to mouth. That was the reason why we just were so fascinated with that story, plus that sighting a hand. When I was younger boys being that sta squat going up mountains, you know, I knew those strange things in the woods. It was hard to find information, and I always looked up to topic and libraries. Back then there was no Internet of all, word of mouth or finding books. We just kept going up that trail. It was so quiet. I mean, you're the guy on the boat. I don't know what you were doing, but he was moving something on the boat and we could hear it all the way up or we were. We must have been a thousand feet up. Looking down you can see the water through the trees. We couldn't really see the boat, but we heard it. It was that quiet. We just got that with the various trends, and we kept going and we had quite a few breaks, and we do want to notice no insects. There's usually no sea under the mosquitoes. There are always the problem that was nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would definitely get my attention. Though, considering pow Alaska is anytime it goes quiet for me, I'm either ready to leave or my head's on a swivel, depending on the circumstances. There's something about the sound going away.
Speaker 2: At some point where you reached a tree line, which in that part of southeast I guess it's around twenty two hundred teet some around there. Because the further south you go, the higher of the tree line. Yeah, you get down to Wantington Man tree lines four or five thousand feet. So we made it up to the tree line. We kept going up this ridge and in the distance we saw a lake and we got higher and we can clearly see the lake. Tellers stayed like a quarter moon. We spent time up there and just enjoyed the view and everything, and we were just waiting. We had time to go to that lake if we can find something. Apparently you can hike around there and find the old abandoned campsite.
Speaker 4: That would be cool just from a historical aspect. I would just hate to accidentally disturb someone's final resting grounds or something like that. You have something following me out.
Speaker 2: After a while, we had to go back down. It took us a while to get back down the same thing, very quiet. We made it back on the boat and which stayed there overnight anchored as the same place, and carried it way back to you know, when you camped out of another heerber. I think it was taco inlet. Not much happened now, it's the main thing that happened is how quiet now, no insect. But the fact that I saw the lake that was mentioned in the book, the book fell real to me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's nice when you're able to, if you're read a book like that, to actually be in the place in which it's speaking of it. It definitely gives a whole different vibe to it. It takes it from just a story to a screenplate.
Speaker 2: It's been different from those little people. That's a shape shifter, and there's lots of stories. They can change forms. They can look like a person, and they can look like other animals. You might see a fox go behind the rock and when it re emerges on the other side, it's a different animal. There's been strange things many people my tribe. Usually when you see that, you don't want to hang around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyone in the right mind that they see a fox go behind a rock and it comes out the other side of the rock. As some ptarmigan or.
Speaker 2: Something on the internet. There's a canister who was in the Prince of Wales Island near Ketchikan. Yes, I don't know if you heard that guy's story.
Speaker 4: I've heard a few from Prince of Wales. It's always interesting.
Speaker 2: The reason why I'm bringing this up is I'm agreement with what he says about the sasquatch and the things that shape shift, that has orbs and everything that's interesting. A man who is a preacher and he has a congregation, the Salvation Army. He was in charge of the church. He was told by the captain. They all have a ring, and usually it's a captain that's the minister. It's a Salvation army. It says, if anyone comes to you and start talking about sasquatch her bigfoot, just listen and be very polite. Don't disagree with them or make fun of them, otherwise you'll be on the bad side of the whole community. Everyone there's mostly clinkets and hedis. He'll be in the bad side if you have a bit of a remark about their sightings. This minister said, the shape shifters and the things as orbs. It's his belief there is different from a sasquatch. He buys a sasquatch, or the hairy man is a real living, biological thing. Then he talks about the things that shape shift and everything, and those shape shifters can change into a hairy man, it can change back. I thought that was very interesting when he said that, and that made sense in my mind because I just couldn't put my mind around the fact that some things can change and have orbs because I've never seen that.
Speaker 4: I've seen orbs, but not until recent history. And when I first saw it, I was honestly, I was in shock. I was like, what am I actually looking at? Because it was like a little plasma ball.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: It was fifteen feet in the air, twenty feet in front of me, and then it started moving off to my left and I followed it closely behind but paralleled it. It stayed twenty feet away and I paralleled it off to my left once it stopped moving and started going into the trees. I crossed a little bit of the driveway there down at Kenney Lake, down near the Copper River, over at Miss Carroll's place. This was last year. As soon as I crossed the driveway, because it was plasma, swirly kind of thing, but there was something white inside it that was very defined, I just couldn't because of the way it was swirling. I couldn't make it out. So I was trying to get a better look. And then this thing started shimmering like a cat lure or something, and then went off into the trees like it was trying to get me to follow it. Squatch bait startled me, he was like, because I didn't realize he was right there beside me, he was like, we should go inside down. It startled the crap out of me, and I was like, oh shit. I was like, yeah, no doubt, but yeah, seeing something like that and experiencing it, what do you do with it. It's not like you can the troopers and be like, I'd like to report this. It's hard to know what to do with that kind of information when it happens in front of it. But it would make sense that it's more heavily spiritual when it comes to the shape shifting and the orbs, it don't only makes sense.
Speaker 2: They're the shape shifter, which is like a kushakha and that can and just shape and has orbs energy and they can disappear. Those are different from the Sasquatch. I thought that was very interesting and I always felt that they must be different things.
Speaker 4: Would you mind sharing just a bit about the cannibal giants and certain things you may have heard coming up as a youth.
Speaker 2: More giants I've since heard from my grandfather, Austin Hammond. I talked about my grandfather's but there was actually two. One was my mother's father, which is Austin and Haynes. He was the chief of a Chowcat. And then there was another grandfather who is from cake Cows. My father's father. I only met him when I was very young because he died, But it was Austin. My grandfather up in Haines had told me about the Cannibell giant. A cannibal giant happened in our area. It happened to other parts of Alaska as well. We had a totem pole. We had a couple of marble carvings, which was very unusual. Of a cannibal giant. I always wonder when the world is a cannibal giant. I thought that was definitely myth. But as I grow older and when I saw that Sasquatch, I figured that's what they are. Because the Sasquatch in Southeast they had been reported to be fifteen twenty feet tall the biggest ones.
Speaker 4: Which is massive lougus. Even if it was a bee hole, let's say, and it's overall girth or lanky, twenty foot is huge.
Speaker 2: There's a tree I discovered when I was deer on Douglas Island, which is the island right across from Juneral. That tree had been fifteen feet in diameter. I estimated it would take thirty forty people to hold their hands go around that tree trunk and the first branch was eighty feet up. That was a red cedar tree. Back then, I was a smoker and I remember having a cigarette and asked my friend Doug, come here. They came over to look at this, and we just couldn't believe how big that tree was. We always went there. I tried to go there every time I make it over to Douglas. It's just something to see something that big What were some of the things.
Speaker 4: That your grandpa had told you about as far as the cannibal giants and whatnot.
Speaker 2: The cannibal giants is said to beware, don't go into the woods, similar things what you said, don't whistle because they do tree knocks. They always said if they catch you, they'll kill you and they eat These stories are very old.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for sure, because like when I asked an elder one time, I was like, how do you know they steal us and eat us? My older said, because they always have. I said, how long have they been doing that? You know what I mean? As a kid, you just kind of it's hard to wrap your mind around. Until I was older and I was told, they've always been our enemy. They've always stolen and eaten us. Also, those is about them changing you into one of them over the course of five days. If you're captured by your village and held for five days, it'll break that whatever curse or whatever hold they had on you, and you revert back to your normal self. But I've heard a couple of those, so I'm sure it stems from somewhere or something, or maybe a prisoner swap or something.
Speaker 2: Grandfathers. They're Austin. There's a team for the raven House. They're even now when are sixty years old. Original village it's from as Klukwan, which is the oldest village in our tribe. It's been there for seven hundred and fifty years, continues to occupy. There's seven cemeteries in Plakwan and only one is used. The rest are abandoned. You can go there and it's amazing how much stone has been used. So that was very interesting to me since I'm a stone curb. There were stone curbs back then, or able to do clinket designs Northwest Coast designs on marble. One stone had been about five feet tall, and there's a cannibal giant on that design and it's pretty big. A cannibal giant is holding a man and the man is dead, but you can tell just by looking at it that he killed this man. I figured this fine had it been one hundred and fifty or sixty years old when I was carved.
Speaker 4: Kind of makes you wonder if the grave was of the guy that was in the land of the cannibal giant, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one knows.
Speaker 4: Makes it more interesting than knowing what I know, Like anytime I hear of hanes in that area of southeast Last year, I was sent some anonymous footage and it's real grainy, but it was reported as a ten foot tall, five foot wide hairy man with black skin and blonde hair. It's not the best video quality, but you can see this thing, and it was reported that it was plucking roots and eating roots in the middle of the day, looking at everyone watching it. That to me is creepy. It's enhanced and stabilized footage. It's just like what sparked this thing of all the time to just sit on the open during the day. From what I was told, like twenty twenty five people were there. I wasn't the only footage recorded, It was just the only stuff sent to me. So I'm sure there's more footage of this thing. But for three days prior it was reported that this thing was looking in windows, they shut down the what was it called head Start daycare because it was seen out back when the kids were playing. It was also reported that people were walking around in small groups armed because This thing was all over the place for whatever reason, just drawn to town looking in everyone's windows. I don't know if it was looking for an opportunity or what. It's just real odd behavior because typically you don't hear about something like that. That's a horrible thought sting. But head start building for little snacks, little Tommy and Cindy. That's affrdble.
Speaker 2: It's owned where Sin was a living, and it was in a cave. Seemed to have a fire. You mentioned one year videos to the use fire, and I have no idea how oh they started, But in the old story they had a fire, there was a glow about it, and that's how they knew this cannibal giant was living. The whole tribe one then all the men went in there and attempted and I couldn't fight fifteen twenty men who was willing to die to accomplish what they set out to do. They eventually killed this thing from the story. It was very big and the only thing they could do was to take it make a big bonfire, and they burned it. They cut it up and burnt it in the fire. That was the only way to get rid of it. And the next day everything was burnt. And one of the myths my tribe is that's where mosquitoes came from. Is they were stirring the calls and the dust rose up and those turned into mosquitoes. The cannibal giant says, you may kill me, but I'm still going to torment you when I'm gone. Of course, no one knew what he meant by that.
Speaker 4: A lot of people would be like, oh, that's mythology in folklore. I don't know. I wasn't there for that.
Speaker 2: If we meet up later this summer and we'll show you these photos. It's in Klokwan and there's a lot of old houses there. It's been there for a long time. Some of these stories were first recorded by Russian missionaries, mostly Russian Orthodox. There was different other explorers that made it into Chokecat. Like you heard of John Muir, right, the naturalists. Yeah, John Muir wrote a book, He wrote several books, but that went up to Choka River and met to my distant relatives and many other explorers. German explorers made it up there, and I think Kraus is one of the guys's name. They interviewed and they reported a lot of stories that cannibal giants story came out that when that guy was told the story, this is back in the late seventeen hundred. Maybe it's just a guessing because there was no real accurate records back then, but it was definitely late seventeens or early eighteen hundreds that these stories are first recorded by non natives. Natives that told them the cannibal giant stories said, this story is very old. No one knows when the Tutorian when it happened. Of course, we still have sightings of these things in the woods. And when you know what they are, the cannibal giants.
Speaker 4: You were raised with the knowledge of cannibal giant, hearing about it from just our separate cultures about how they're the enemy, they'll steal you in each you and things of this nature. It's hard to hear about accounts down in the state side where they're seemingly so friendly. And it's not that I don't believe it, it's just because of the contrast, the huge contrast from what some people report as a friendly forest friend forest giant purveyed protector of the woods, which I never bought that narrative because if that was the case, why is there a logging industry at all? Almost the force that we once had gone. If there were such protectors, I don't see that would have happened. It's such a difference. In the contrast, it's hard to wrap my mind around a friendly one. It just doesn't compute for me. Hard for me to wrap my mind around just because being from Alaskan. Everyone I talked to feeling forst friend. I just I don't see it because anyone I've talked to who's had a legitimate encounter, the first thing they sense is that overwhelming sense of dread and fear. It's never thaty, warm, fuzzy feeling. It's immediate, uh oh, I'm in serious trouble without even context for it. Not intangible, it's just sensing something out there. Just yeah, it's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: This time, I was in the natural sciences. I was in an environmental science program at the University of Alaska. In general. One of my classes was I had to have been like the second week of November. I think at first snowed in Juno and maybe just before Halloween, so there was a lot of snow, but it didn't snow since and by some week of November. That was actually nice ound be a unter and looking at how conditions were down here, I had a pretty good idea how the conditions would be farther up. I'm referring to the West Glacier Trail. That was my favorite trail to do, which I've probably done forty times. I was an amateur videographer and I had a suny cam quarter, a high cam quorder and a tripod and mics and everything, and I wanted to video tap the glacier, so it class canceled. It was spur of the moment that happened to have my gear in my truck, and I just jumped in my truck and meted to cabin, which is on the north end of Minnall Lake. There's the parking lot there. I just parked, locked my truck, and I got my gear and I started up the trail. I only had ten shoes on. I never weather proccast. I wasn't going to get that much cold. I don't get cold anyway. I had my jacket and everything, and I just kept my gear, started up and went out on the trail. Very little snow but mostly gravel. The first mile and a half of the trail pretty much level. There's a few little hill then it starts going up. There's all the zigzaggs going up. Switchbacks started getting elevate. And as they were going up and I was getting right alongside the glacier, finally made it to where I wanted to go, which is there's a famous site which is going inside the glacier and you can go underneath the ice and you go inside this cavern of ice. Lighting is supposed to amazing. That was way down near the glacier. I just wanted to be up on top. And I set up my tripod, set up my camphorder, and I zoomed in. I just waited. Every fifteen to twenty minutes I would get your rumble. I knew when it rumbled there was ice moving. That's what caused the rumble, was the ice moving across rocks. I kept trying to film it. I must have been there almost two hours. I think I got there on one o'clock, so it was almost three o'clock. I finally saw the ice move as it was rumbling, so I was really happy about that. It took me two hours to get that shot. While I was thinking about that, I noticed the sun way off in the distance. Because Lynn Canal was right on the opposite side of Ok Bay. There's a bunch of islands way off in distance, and sun was just getting ready to set behind it. I said, man, I got back up and leave, because when that sun goes behind of maybe an hour of light and then it's going to be dark. I knew the moon riz wasn't gonna happen until halve o'clock. But I wasn't feel worried because I just knew that trail so well. I packed all my gear and I started heading back. You know, I was almost running, but not quite. I was definitely fast hiking fair enough. But an hour went by and I must have covered a mile and a half or so. I got caught in the darkness. I was in the tree as I was telling me about the trees, and sobeast trees are big, thick, you know, with the sundown, and it is dark in the canopy underneath the canopy that was hiking down. But I knew the trail. It took me longer, and I just kept going and just went on for I don't know, fifteen twenty minutes. When it was so dark I could even see my tenney threes that's up darker with and I heard something walking down because it was very quiet. There was a mini animals around that time of the year. I was seking in it to myself, I wonder what that is because it sounded big. I couldn't make out what the animal was by its sound of its footstep. I had no clue what it was down there. As I was walking slowly listening to it. I must have been right above it. I remember thinking, whatever that is, it's going up towards where I was on the side of the glacier. What's going the other directon which had torn down going to the parking lot where I was. It was a little valley just rising up slowly. I'm very familiar with that valley because many times I've been there to go to get to salmon berry or raspberries and blueberries. I know it's thick with berries down there. In the summer, it's really brush. On my left side there's a little granite dome, and that granted dome is only like thirty forty feet tall. If he went on top of it, you would see its claychure on the other side, So I knew exactly where I was when I thought that I'm going this way and whatever it was going the other way, it stopped moving. When it stopped moving, I stopped immediately because I'm a hunter. I made your walk for I don't know, half minute to a minute, and then I stopped. He'd be very silent. I do that many times tracking an animal. I stopped, and now I'm listening. It sounds like it went on for a long time, but it wasn't. Only a few seconds. I stopped. I was trying to figure out what it was doing. And then I heard it or running, and my heart just left the fear, which is really unusual for me to have fear, to feel fear. It's just something I don't normally have when I'm in the woods. All of a sudden, it was really fearful because something big was running, was getting louder. I knew it was running towards me. I was racing to my mind thinking what it was. I was coming up the hill up that side. It's not a deer, it's not a bear, it's not a moose. I was going through all the animals I knew in my mind, and I had no idea what it was and the fear just oh man, it gripped me so hard. At some point I was so afraid. I think something happened in my body where I tasted my fear in my mouth. I've never been afraid of anything, because I've been face to faith with brown Bear, Wile Haunting, and Black Bear many times throwing the bedpacks of walls. I'm pretty familiar with the larger animal than the woods, and I know what to do when that happens. Whatever was running they split up. There was one still running right towards me, and there was one running to the left.
Speaker 4: And stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to sell right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: So now it sounds like there's two of them. When they split up, it sounded like you guys were running Updale. It sounded big because it sounded like a couple of them ones running Updale. Something that was heavy. Because I can feel the ground move underneath my feet, that's how heavy they were. Got to realize that this only took a couple seconds. All this I had described, it only took about two seconds until they split apart. One was still running very close to me. I've been filming all day and my battery was getting low, but I knew I had a little lamp. I said, now maybe I might get some light. When you flipped that little lamp upon the sony am quarter, the light would turn on. And I did that. It was very dim. It wasn't much battery left. What I saw was only like thirty feet or so away from me. It was higher than me, but being thirty feet it was down the hill. I knew whatever this thing was, it was very tall. I didn't see any ice time, but I saw the escape of its body. It was just blackness. There was a really faint light on the trees. But whatever this thing was, I could thor up in all the light I saw was a black silhouette. And I could see how wide its back was and shoulders, and I could see his head, and I see the arms, and I saw how long the legs were. I remember looking at the leg it looked like tree trunks to me, just massive. I just couldn't believe what I was looking at. I knew what it was, but I never expected to see something like that. I think we only looked at each other for maybe two seconds. Smacks. The next thing that happened. It is something I can't really explain. I'll just tell what happened, because you never was spooked to run away from predators, whether it be a moose, bear or a wolf, because if you do, there with an animal as came on and they're run after you. But the fear was so great in me. I I ran as I was running. I think both of them creatures made it up to where I was because I heard the dirt move around up on top little scuff marks, and I knew where they were, and I just kept running. I found I heard a few footstips behind me. I was thinking, oh, man, they're running after me. I just kept running. I ran into the first tree, probably fifty feet from where I started running. First tree I ran under here. It about knocked me out. I was seeing stars and everything. I felt the blood tripping down my forehead and I got up immediately, and I still had my camcorder there on my neck, and a pack was still on me, and I just kept going. I was really feeling my way because it was pitch black, and I kept hearing sounds behind me, but I didn't think they were getting back clothed. But I just kept moving. The fear was so great in me. I just I kep menting that fear because I had never felt that in my whole life. They're usually not afraid of anything. I just kept running, and I finally got to the zig zags where there's these switchbacks and there's a steel cable that are kind of like handles to keep you on the side of the hill because it's really steep. So I knew exactly where I was. It's good. I'm at the table and there's about ten eleven switched back together. Do and new you really dropped down elevation early fast. I just kept going. When you leave the cables, there's a few sure carns coming down, and then finally you hit the flats, which is the last mile. It's a person mile that trail. I knew I was somewhat safe. I had to run. I could do it because it was a lot more open. The trees were more a part, so I can see more. That's when I first stopped, because I realized I did hit some other trees, but there was nothing like that purse tree that I smacked my head right into it. I stopped and I was kept in my breath. Then I was listening and I didn't hear anything. I was real happy that I didn't hear anything. Once I taught my breath, I just kept going as fast as I could. I wasn't running, but I was definitely moving pretty fast. I was so happy to see my truck still there. I saw my truck and I got in, slammed the door shut. Cigarette smoker back then, I think I had a partial pack there, and I almost had about six cigarettes and I smoked them all I was being smoking. I was shaking. I just couldn't believe it, you know how afraid I was, thinking I had no control over it. I think it was by the time I finished my sixth cigarette, kicking suicided and I start gathering myself and says, okay, I'm safe if I'm in my truck. And I started my truck up and I could actually do something. So I drove home. Gotcha, I'm put my dear away, and I went over to my buddy's house and told him what happened. As a guy, my friend Doug, who I did a lot of hunting with for a long time, we got a lot here on seats together, and I told him what happened. He got creeped out because he knew me, and I knew I was never afraid of anything, and to see the fear in my eyes and to hear my voice, and I was still shaking. The next day, I got up and I went to the ranger station named all Glacier. I found a ranger and I told him about my experience, and he told me that after I kind of went over the same thing I just told you. He just listen, here's writing information down. And then when I finished, Wow, he says, we had several reports of sightings.
Speaker 4: Is that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you saw, but it's many people. I saw something like that over there. You know that doctor the Ringcoats sal.
Speaker 4: Want Robert Alli.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know Robert Alli.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm there, not too long ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool. There's a story in his book, the same trail, the same parking lot. Yeah, if you have the book, go look it up. That's on there. About three ladies who were there, grew up together and their mothers and everything they did. They probably did the West Clayfter trail there, and they came back and they weren't ready to go home. Yeah, they both tired and they were just tending around this fire and this big hairy man approached him on the side of the fire and when they saw him the distance here, asking how are you what do you want? When it got closer and they saw that it was huge and it was all covered in the air, they just screamed, and whatever things they had left around the fire they left. They ran to their cars and pore out of that parking lot.
Speaker 4: I can imagine. Yeah, a lot of people don't understand when you get that freaked out, if it ain't already in your hands are easy to grab, you don't really give a flying rats ask what you're leaving behind. It's irrelevant. Yeah, they can have that one. Yeah, whatever it may be. But it seemed like the ranger that you shared that with, he seemed to take it serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't to mock me or make any remarks that put me down. You just listen with kind of surprise me.
Speaker 4: I just wonder how many of those guys that worked those jobs, because yeah, I've heard reports of them just saying, oh, what you saw was a bear and not even listening to the people. They would just immediately interject and say it was a bear, and then whatever they have to say about whatever the incidents was Yeah, it would always Oh that's just a bear.
Speaker 2: You were dealing with the bear. It was a bear. Yeah, they wouldn't do that with us. They obviously knew I was to be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a certain types you can get away with, not to lifelong.
Speaker 2: Actually born on the woods, and we know the woods, and we know everything that's in the woods.
Speaker 4: And known to go to war too. Just read the Battle of Sitka and the rest in fur Traders they got out real quick.
Speaker 2: I meant that we were just fred countries, the American, Spain and France and Rush got Yeah, we just paired anyone who came a horror.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a totally different story. There a lot of people they don't understand that there was warlike tribes up here as well, because they only hear about the Plains Indians and all the stuff that happened there. They're shocked when they hear something about like the Battle of Sitka where the fur Traders and the Russians got massacred. They had some hostages and the chief or something that traded himself for some of his tribesmen. But that night the Clinkets came aboard and took their chief back, and the captain and just made it clear that while you're asleep, will steal your captain, and we can make things happen too. Kind of thing, which if you're on a big ass ship and you think you're all tough and mighty, and all of a sudden you wake up being carried off on a stick by the locals, you've got to reevaluate your sense of power because it all goes out the window when you're getting hauled away by the locals.
Speaker 2: The Russians in their forts in Sitka back in the seventeen hundreds, that's the calend is written by an Orthodox priest, a Russian Orthodox priest. I said they you know, early in the morning, it must have been. He doesn't know how early it was, pitt Black. All of a sudden you heard your war cries coming across from Edgecombe Island, which is small island. It's connected down with the bridge to Sitka, but that's where the clinkets were. The Russian capital was on the mainland in Sitka. And heard all these war cries, and then looked over there and there's a bunch of men running down to the water, and there was snowing out, and all the men were naked, and they all got into their water and started swimming. They just couldn't believe it. After a while splash around the water, they all gone back up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna thank you, Sonny for coming back on clearing some of that stuff up. But I want to thank you again for joining me, and I look forward to having you back on the channel coming this July. When you make it up this way to the viewers, we shall catch you guys on the next They.
Speaker 3: Say, you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay. I don't want to be word lop it chop this job, chid everything back the joy for me, Joy stay right aways inside and still consists.
Speaker 2: Inside and still said sass inside s inside stas State stills its fast stay pass stist.
Speaker 4: Assistants insist