Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today and thank you for the support. I found another video online from another Hamm radio operator with the YouTube channel, and I will put links to his video and his channel into the description below. But K three jr Z was calling cq PODA on a frequency that he checked that he said is the frequency in use? Several times it was not. He was running a PODA. He was doing a QRP PODA and he was working stations, and then net control just started talking over him, reasons that I shall, reasons that I shall refrain from saying alloud on this video. Okay, so once again, guys, who owns the frequency? Who owns the frequency? This was posted? I have a YouTube, I have a Discord server, and this was posted to my Discord server. I have a channel in my Discord server for other YouTubers to post their videos, and that's where I found this video from K three JRZ. And this is a pretty good video. It falls in line with several of the maritime mobile net videos that I've posted about in the past. This was not maritime mobile net. In fact, this was on ten meters. This was on ten meters. So I don't know what net. I don't think he ever actually says what net interfered with him, But some nets somewhere interfered with him, and he handled it very well. I'm gonna put it that way. He handled it very well, probably better than I would have. And we're gonna look and see exactly what he did with that right now. So check this out. Fast forward in the video until the part that we want to talk about today.
Speaker 2: Tell the six Well, so we got two conversations going, so I'm out of here and so cut.
Speaker 1: This is the station he just worked on PODA.
Speaker 3: But I am probably lower power seventh three.
Speaker 1: I'm I think I heard him say net frequency and he's doing PODA. I think that's what I heard. Now. This is the FX four CR radio, which is a neat little radio that I own myself. I want to take it out and do poda. But the ears on it may not be as good as you know, maybe your your icon or something like that radio. So let me see if I can get a little bit more of that in the shot. There there we go, just that, just a touch. So the ears on it may not be quite as good. But this is ten meters. This is ten meters, okay, And there's not as much activity on ten meters as there is on twenty all right.
Speaker 3: I could barely hear him now other station, but I could barely hear him, and he could get bent putting it nicely.
Speaker 1: Okay. So this guy that you can hear talking right now, this is the guy that K three JRZ just worked. So this is the this is the hunt, the poda hunter that he just worked.
Speaker 2: Lot of them too. When you over the key, you run over somebody.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is okay, this is awesome right here nine Part sub Part B from Part ninety seven dot one oh one General Standards. Each station licensee and each control operator must cooperate in selecting transmit channels and making the most effective use of the amateur service frequencies. No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive use of any station and part D. No amateur shall wilfully or maliciously interfere with or cause interference to any radio communication or signal. The net heard me and interfered. I did not hear them. That's the The text in red is what he put in this little screen cap. This overlaid that he did so that so that that brings up a good question. If you're calling c Q on a frequency and the net just starts and runs over the top of you, who's it fault? Okay, let's let's go. This is really good off.
Speaker 2: I can't hear you. He was going to move and you.
Speaker 1: On top of the can't can't can't really hear that net station at all. Most of these net control operators are pretty loud also, so I'm surprised we can't hear this guy.
Speaker 3: Michael, you gotta walk away from the radio before you replay a G seven q H. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the way. You kept it down and tried to walk all over the top of it so we couldn't move off frequently.
Speaker 1: Warm Now he's arguing with the guy, and I can't really hear the net control station at all. But K three j r Z's not transmit. He's he stopped his pode at this point in time, You guy, you got bob over on over sounds like somebody else talking saying they didn't even check it the frequencies in use. They just started a net Uh yeah, yeah, that's what they do. Not all of them, not all of them, Not all a net control operators are that much of a jackwagon. Not all of them are that way. Okay, I want to make it clear. I don't think all of them do this, but the ones that do this get called out like this guy is calling this, this other dude out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sas has been walked a ready quite a while. Quanto pot has got it on this great Quantine. The only reason hearing before is because the band band. When the band came, he was happy to move off Freequentcy. What your net control deciding? He was like, key up and complain that somebody was on nor frequency, which you already know is not in a fight.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so the net control most net control are most planned nets have a backup frequency. Most of them will have a backup maybe even a two backup frequencies, a secondary and a tertiary frequency. Most of them will have that they say, okay, if the if the frequency is in use, we'll meet on the backup frequency. And I have been calling PODA on frequencies before, never on ten meters. Ten meters is very wide banded. We have like like from twenty eight dot three all the way up to like twenty eight dot seven or eight or something like that. I can't remember. The technician section of the band is twenty eight three to twenty eight dot five, but the general nextra section of the band for a single sideband voice goes up higher than that. So we have a long area, very wide banded area as compared to like twenty meters, which is only like fourteen dot two two five to fourteen dot three fifty for generals. So you're talking about barely over one hundred killer hurts wide there where ten meters is several hundred killer hurts wide twenty eight three to twenty eight six seven eight something like that. There's a lot of room on the ten meter band for you to move your net to or pick a secondary frequency, or for the PoTA station to move. I have been activating PODA before, and I've had some very polite net control operators come on and maybe they'll even work me be able to say hey, this is UH and they'll give their call sign. You know, here are you calling PODA. I's like, yeah, I got you in a log wuick ban you're five to seven five eight cool? Thanks. Hey, By the way, we have a net starting on this frequency in about fifteen, twenty minutes, ten minutes, whatever, whatever the time is. Would you mind moving for the net? And I'd be like, and you know, if he is nice and polite to say, sure, man, I'll move for you, no problem, Yeah, sure, I'll do that. We were calling CQ on twenty meet I think it was twenty meters at the Rendezvous event in the Ozarks in October of this year. October of twenty twenty four, Colin I were there and I worked, I don't know, I worked a few stations. Then Kyle got on Sideman and he was working I think he had his eight ninety one, so he was working one hundred wats but he was on sideband NOTT CW And some guy gets on there and says, hey, we got a net that started two kcs below you, would you mind moving? And Kyle's like, well, I only need two or three more contacts. I'm just gonna stay here and get my contacts then I'll be done. But they just their net just was yeah, the very bad QRM from their net, So they could have dropped down a CAC or two themselves and been not interfering with the station that was there before them as well. So you kind of get it from all sides sometimes. Let's finish up this video real quick from K three j r Z because I think he handles it very well. I think he handles it very well. First, let me tell you about Mezzi and ploniko acts. If you're doing PODA, or even if your net control and you're running a net station, or if you're out there just working HF in the field, I recommend Mezzi and Ploni coacs made in Italy. You can save a ten percent on all of their products, coax connectors, tools, everything with the coupon code of HR two Cables. I'll put a link in the description blow to the Gigabarts website and to Mezzi dot it, which is their own website in Italy. HR two Cables saves you ten percent off of everything on both of those websites for Messi and Plonies. Be sure to thank him for sponsoring him Radio two point.
Speaker 2: Zero just flying with that worthy. He couldn't hear anybody. It's yeah, you're operator your net control with war.
Speaker 1: He's got a linear amplifier. Nobody can hear him.
Speaker 2: Wow. Just so we couldn't suit the contact and we uh so basically a selfie. I can't believe.
Speaker 3: Apparently the other station from MET just doesn't know when to give up. There was a net that somehow got onto my frequency after about fifteen minutes or so, after hopping on the air for fifteen minutes or so, they kind of stuck him behind me, underneath of me or whatever. Alpha GOL seven, Quebec Hotel. Michael, thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Yeah, people, you can't get boo shape if the station can't hear you. You know, I've moved frequency plenty of times when another station, either a PODA station or a net, somehow it comes on top of me.
Speaker 1: And I hope that music doesn't interfere with my video, and then.
Speaker 3: I realized that I can hear them, and then I'll move a lot of times when I've called to another PoTA station or just some station calling CQ, they don't hear me. It happens. It's radio and fob.
Speaker 1: Very very well said. Long story short, you don't own the frequency, and neither do I. None of us owns the frequency. If you get out there and say frequency and use frequency and use frequency and use and give your call sign and no one replies, and you start calling CQ, even if you're even if you're net control, you should get on there and say is a frequency in use? And then if you hear someone come back, yeah, I'm calling cqpota. Do you want to work me? You get a CQ poto cqpoda and then you can be polite and say, would you mind moving? If it's me, I want to put you in my potolog book. I want to work you. I want your call sign, your name and call sign in my logbook. And then if your plight and ask me to move, I'll be happy to move. But if you're just if you're just gonna plow on through me or try to this guy. This guy apparently tried to plow through and that other guy said he was using a linear amplifier. But you couldn't hear the guy. You couldn't hear the net control station. So I don't know and of course the AG seven station was in a different location than K three Jrz was, So changing locations gets you to hear more things on the band. You might be able to hear better here and there, you might have better access to different parts of the band and whatnot. So it makes sense that he couldn't hear this guy. This was a PoTA activation done exactly the way it should have been done. Okay, because we didn't see K three jrzed. We didn't see him key up again after this guy was trying to run him over with this net. And let's face it, these nets they get that. I think these nets get a little bit out of control. If you ever look up, if you ever google HF nets, there's one that happens almost every hour of the day, seven days a week. I'm like, really, do we need forty seven hundred nets every day? I don't have anything against nets. I checked into two or three nets on my last road trip. I got my TS four ADHX in the car. I think I checked into the o Miss net and maybe one or two others. So I don't remember exactly where they were. But if I hear someone calling for a net asking for check ins, I heard the wildnet. I just kept rolling through that because the wildnet calls for check ins and then you never hear any wiles on it, and I'm like, what's the point. But it's still a net out there that has a right to a frequency as much as I do, but you don't have more rights to it. So have you ever been trying to activate PODA or have you been calling CQ one on a frequency? And how to a net try to run you off? Have you ever done that? If you are a net control operator, how would you handle someone on the frequency your net that is scheduled on because it's not your frequency? How would you handle someone if there's someone if you have a net that starts in fifteen or twenty minutes, and you hear someone on the frequency that the net, that the primary frequency that the net is on, how would you handle that? I would like to know your thoughts. Put a comment in the description blow and check out these videos over here which YouTube thinks you want to watch next? Seventy three