Speaker 1: Check podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: Sure what I says to an overly curved super blade do Nothing Blue?
Speaker 3: With Don Taylor.
Speaker 1: I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner of a two man Loosh.
Speaker 4: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree up a little Ricky. I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and bunch on those cherry years.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock in downtown Vancouver where the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man that the controls are directed. The voice of God is Derek.
Speaker 4: How are you Lovely? Couldn't be better?
Speaker 1: Quite the preparation for today's confirmation that I'm getting really, really old. For one, we don't have to get into details about that. We're gonna talk about the cocks in a bit. But as has often been the case often be the case one day. But I want to talk about the Man Cup again. So Game three Man Cup on Monday not good news for the New Wes Salmon Bellies in a couple of ways. First of all, Six Nations crushed them nineteen to nine last night. The Belly's still up two games to one. Game four tonight obviously crucial Queen's Park Arena. It starts at seven thirty. And I don't want to say this was the only thing that happened. And you know, hats off to Six Nations for bouncing back in this series the way they did. But did you see this fight in the crowd last night? It's at Queen's Park?
Speaker 4: What's going on here? Old school, old school Ernie punch McLay New Wes Bruins used to see this all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, that was hockey and this is lacrosse. And not the first time something like this has happened at a sporting event. You've ever been involved in a fight in the crowd, little Ricky at a sporting event?
Speaker 4: You brought up BC place in the eighties. Oh my goodness, I Western Final Winnipeg. I saw a brawl in the end zone that was unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Donny.
Speaker 1: I saw a brawl at BC Place and look the Lions games when they were getting forty fifty thousand people in the in the eighties, infamous for people having too good of a time beer if you know what I mean, h beer exactly. I always remember being there and it was one of my first games when I first got the job at the sports page, and I saw these two people rolling down, you know, like a few sections away, rolling down the aisle, right, big brawl. I have my binoculars. It's a guy I went to high school with. Yes, serious Dan, Yeah, rolling out. Yeah. And then another time Roger's Arena Cannucks versus Leaves Trevor Henderson and I my camera mat from the sports pagecause he still works at Global.
Speaker 4: What's that five feet?
Speaker 1: He's not the tallest guy in the world. We saw a fight between a Lease fan and a Canucks fan that was an all timer and it ended with the Canuck fan headbudding the least fan down and out. It was nasty, but I can't say I've ever been involved in one.
Speaker 4: It's mostly alcohol related, yeah, yeah, well, but sometimes it's not. Yeah sometimes, but Ryan, if you show the footage again, like does anybody know what started this?
Speaker 1: Doney?
Speaker 4: Like I mean, what can Yeah?
Speaker 1: Alcohol?
Speaker 4: Okay, but what you know? I mean did somebody say something to someone?
Speaker 1: Like you know, no, they just randomly picked it, okay, don But I mean you know, maybe somebody said something to somebody.
Speaker 4: Is it the Six Nations fans against the Salmon Belly fans?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, you rarely see fans of the same team and that always happened.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you know, was at the game last night the.
Speaker 1: Ball guy. Okay, So game four tonight. Man Cup Bellies up two games to one on Six Nations and again it's been uh well, sixteen of the last seventeen Man Cups have been won by Eastern teams. So get a little scary.
Speaker 5: For the new bellies.
Speaker 4: Get got Canucks hockey.
Speaker 1: Jake Milford Monday at the North Few Golf Country Club. Looks like a good time was had by all. Jake debrask was going around and interviewing players. It looked like a lot of fun. The unofficial start to the Canuck season training camp starts on the eighteenth, Up and Pinticton. Start saving now and you'll be able to afford too. Practices and scrimmages. So today we're going to do this in a second, but we want to show the Canucks projected lineup. But yesterday several Canuck players were made available to the media, and as is off the case, the guy who had the most to say and just said things so eloquently was Tyler Myers. Great Interviews. Okay, this is what Tyler Myers had to say yesterday at the Milford about the connects acquiring an old friend and full of his Evander Kaine.
Speaker 5: I think Caterer's going to help us a lot.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, he brings a lot to a.
Speaker 5: Group, you know, big power forward.
Speaker 6: You know the times that I've had with them when we were younger playing against him, you know, wasn't that fun? And you know, playing with them at World Juniors, things like World Juniors and and Worlds. I know what he can bring, and you know, I think he's exactly some of the things that we were lacking a little bit of. And uh, you know, I think he's going to step in into great for us.
Speaker 1: Tyler Myers and the mid two thousands playing for Kolowna, Evander Kaine with the Vancouver Giants faced each other on multiple okay, and as Tyler mantioned, they also played together on the Canadian junior team.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward. Don you've seen what Kine's going to do here. Now do remember he didn't have a regular season last year because of injuries.
Speaker 1: Done?
Speaker 4: Okay, keep that in mind. But this guy's a playoff performer. Twenty six playoff goals in the last four years for the Edmonton Oidters, including thirteen and a.
Speaker 1: Year one when he went there six points.
Speaker 4: I believe, Yeah, yeah, absolutely, And so you know, are the Canucks going to make the playoffs for Kine to have a big playoff I don't know, but I do know one thing. This guy's a UFA. A lot of people are projecting him twenty twenty five goals done. If he's going to get twenty twenty five goals, is there a centerman on the Canucks that's going to get him the puck to score twenty twenty five? That's the big one.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so let's look at it with that in mind. Yeah, and you make the good point before we get to the lineup board. You make the point about it Andrew Kine and people get excited because of his playoff performance. He tailed off a bit of the end last year, but sort of the rest of the Oilers his playoff performance over the last three seasons or so four seasons, but actually with the Oilers, but he didn't play a regular season game last year, so much like Thatcher Demco. So much of vander Kayne's success or non success going into the season will have to do with his health. Right.
Speaker 4: He's thirty four too, don He's not what we call it a spring chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's thirty five, maybe rejuvenated being back in his hometown. He's thirty four.
Speaker 4: Tyler Myers is thirty three now, I think. So, you know there's some guys getting up there.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. Okay, So let's take a look at the Canucks projected lineup board for their forwards going into this season. This is from Daily face Off, so we'll give them credit. I do have some issues with this, but Patterson on that first line with Debrasque and Besser, Heatl between Cain and Garland Rattu up from Abbotsford. Lolli did play games last year acrosse with the Canucks, between Hoglander and Sherwood, Blueger between Sassin and O'Connor, do you have any issues.
Speaker 4: I have issue with Caine. He should be starting out of the shoot with Peterson and Besser. You want Kine to be successful, well then you play them with the number one center Ratu. The most impressive thing that Abasberd did last year winning they called the Cup without him. He was hurt right and he needed six weeks to fix his injury. Went home at a good time. There rehabbit and all that stuff. But other than that, Sasan, I don't see Carlson there. I'm sorry, but Carlson was the MVP for ABSBURD. I think that guy's going to be their opening night. I don't know why he's not there, Donny.
Speaker 1: But Baines is another player from Abtsford that a lot of people might argue should be with the big team.
Speaker 4: Baines has got to decide are you going to be a good American Hockey League player? Are you going to be a good call up or you're going to be an NHL.
Speaker 1: You can say that about Sassin, you can say that.
Speaker 4: All these guys heavy. It is time to make the jump and not be and get sent back. It's time to going to Vancouver, grab a spot and stay all year. That's what they got to decide.
Speaker 1: Yeahs and adds something that the Canucks don't have a lot of, and that's speed. Carlson, uh one thing about him he plays heavy. He plays heavy. There's some grit there, there's some toughness there. He gets under the skin of the opponents. The Knucks don't have a lot of that. They could use both those guys. Guys to be honest, rat Wu's a face off guy. They need that. And then the other. I'm with you here, I don't Petterson with debrask Invesser, you know, not fast enough for me for a first line, Not that Kane is a speedster, but also that first line as we see it there, to me not enough. And I know the numbers are there with Debrusk investor goal wise, but to get a little more toughness in there. Yeah, I think you're banging on with Kane with with Petterson.
Speaker 4: Kane's got to start with Petterson, load up the first line.
Speaker 1: And this is nothing against anybody. I think it's just a better fit.
Speaker 4: What if Quinn you say with Ian mcinturyre last week he said we're not going to be the most skilled bunch this team might have problem scoring goals, Donny. They might have problems scoring goals, that's the bottom line. No, they will, Yeah, they will. The way this is constructed right now, they're going to have issues scoring goals this year.
Speaker 1: I look at this forward group and we don't. We hope to have to focus on their blue line group later this week and their goaltending. But I look at this and if Thatcher Damco can stay healthy, this reminds me. And I said this yesterday on Sports at six fifty. I know you were listening, you know, with Sat and Dan yesterday, but it reminds me a bit of six oh seven when the Canucks had Lauongo for the first season and they acquired Willie Mitchell and they've focused that season was defensive goal tending, and it's gonna it's I look at this forward group and again nothing against anybody, but there's not a lot of depth there. And with Adam Foote coaching, who handled the blue line the last couple of years, multiple years, they're going to have to focus on team defense in a big, big way, absolutely, you know, and so much depends on Damko's return to health. And as I stayed as I stay at the obvious. But if they think they're gonna outscore people, they're dreaming looking.
Speaker 4: It depends on Petterson if he can return to the one hundred point guy, don Hey, this things could be a whole lot better. It can be a whole lot better if he returns to the one hundred and two point Petterson. We know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other thing when when I look at this group is uh, and I'm I'm paraphrasing here, but didn't your Muther but say there was gonna be three trades and they were, they were, they were going to improve.
Speaker 4: They tried, don they tried. I heard Patrick Alvin in August was a little bit frustrated. He couldn't find any dance partners. He was looking for the two line center. They went after Rossie, they didn't get close. They went after Roslevic. Then they decided to back off. They you know, Mason McTavish, they would love to get in Vancouver, but he's too pricey. Mason McTavish, if you can, if you don't got the assets to get Rossie, how the hell are you gonna get Mason McTavish, Like, I mean, come on, they don't have the assets. They don't have the draft capital. They don't have a third run pick this year, don't have a second run pick next. Other than that, they don't have salary cap. They got three point two million. Hey, look if another if the Canucks had a second line center and some other team asks the Canucks for a second line center, the Canucks would ask for an arm and a leg in return. There there are second line centers are expensive. Nobody wants to give him away, and the Canucks are finding this The reason gave one away, the reason they're in this mess because they traded Horvat and Miller and got two top four defenseman back, but they never got a scud centerman back, and that's why they're struggling.
Speaker 1: No, No, the focus of their team, the strength their team, clearly the blue line. Yes, and if he stays healthy, the Goltenning.
Speaker 4: Goltending, I'm super excited about the Goltending. Lancoln is the highest paid backup the Canucks have ever had. And because you're given four point five million to the back, you don't have to overplay Demco. He doesn't have to play sixty four games anymore. He doesn't have to play fifty five or sixty. You can rest him now and get through the year without injuries.
Speaker 1: This or we'll focus on the forward group as part of our poll question and we'll introduce that in the third segment. Here's what else is coming up on the show. DTMZ is just me in the eleven o'clock Are we go? The birthday is ready for today?
Speaker 4: Well birthdays are ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not right now, but you don't win, DTMZ. Yeah, okay, I'll have him ready. That comes around. Just got a printer, yes, okay. Craig Button is going to join us just after eleven o'clock. We talked about this a lot with Craig. But Craig spent much of his childhood at least his teenage years in Montreal in the seventies. When you know who was in goal for the Montreal Canadians, riling off individual awards and Stanley Cups, the late great Ken Dryden, who left us on the weekend. We'll talk with Craig about that, among other things involving the national hockey like Big Ride, the Twitter guy coming up later this hour and up next, And I know you were looking forward to this all week. Your buddy Ross Tucker from the Ross Tucker Football Podcast Westwood One and CBS Sports. He worked the Cowboys Eagles game on Thursday night, and of course he's a Pennsylvania guy, focuses on the Eagles, loves Eagle. He had some things to say about Jalen Carter and the spit. We taped this interview with Ross Jalen Carter in the spitting incident, and BOYD does he have some things to say about what happened? I mean the Ravens Bills great game, awesome, but also what happened with Lamar Jackson getting physical with a fan in Buffalo. Russell has some things to say about that. After what was just a tremendous Week one in the National Football League again, Matt Cup Game four tonight Queen's Park Arena bellies up two games to one on six Nations. Thanks for tuning in, folks. Donnie Ross's next, Donnie Dall The team one check.
Speaker 4: Dolly.
Speaker 3: The team is supported by Abeleauctions dot CA. Closing your business, we can help.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about. All today's guests on this Tuesday, including Ross Tucker standing by brought to you by Able Auctions, Able Auctions dotc A. What a week one it was in the National Football League and here to talk about that in all matters football, our friend Ross Tucker from the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, CBS Sports and Westwood One. Ross, I hope you had a great summer. How are you, sir?
Speaker 7: I did, had a fantastic summer. I love ableauctions dot CA. It's good to see you guys. Good to talk with you.
Speaker 1: What was the highlight of the summer for you?
Speaker 7: Ooh, good question. That would be too tough to choose between them. I'm a big Jersey shore guy, so the New Jersey Shore and going most weekends is my favorite thing. But we also took a family vacation to Africa, oh, which is once in a lifetime experience, which is very very cool to see all those animals and do the Safari thing.
Speaker 5: So those are the two highlights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a cousin guy going to Africa next month as a matter of fact. Okay, Ross Football.
Speaker 4: Last night, Monday Night Football, Vikings come back.
Speaker 1: They beat the Bears. What did you think of Caleb Williams start and JJ McCarthy's finish.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's very important, first of all that we all come to conclusions on these two young quarterbacks immediately today, right, I mean, I think we can all determine what their future will be forever.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: You know what, it's another good lesson for being careful what you post during the because you gotta let it play out. You know, Caleb Williams did some really positive things on that first drive. I feel like maybe the best thing he does is throw the ball on the move with velocity. It's super impressive. And then you know, the other part of that is I thought he looked faster than he had in quite some time. I mean, he went over twenty miles an hour on the GPS. That was impressive. And then McCarthy, I mean, for three quarters it looked like he was overwhelmed. It looked like the game was too fast for him. And then for him to ultimately be able to perform the way he did super super impressive. I mean on the road back in his hometown. You know, you can see why he was able to win the national championship. He just has I don't know if I'm gonna say it, I don't know if I'm gonna that far, but he definitely has a way about him that enables him to perform his best when when it really comes down to crunch, which is obviously a great, great trait to have.
Speaker 4: Ross the bills. In the Ravens bails down by fifteen with seven minutes to go, a lot of people left the stadium. Did you believe that Josh Allen could do what he did?
Speaker 7: I would say, I don't ever disbelieve in Josh Allen. I mean, I've been around the guy a bunch. At this point, he's almost like too good to be true. Yeah, you know, you know, first of all, he has like every positive trait you would want in a quarterback, you know, big, strong, athletic, accurate, great arm, all those things.
Speaker 5: But just an awesome guy, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean he's like a gem of a guy, great looking kid. You know, He's exactly what you would.
Speaker 5: Want in a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 7: And so I don't put you know, the combination of Josh being who he is and the issues that the Ravens have had closing out games, that's I think a really good reason.
Speaker 5: Why nobody should have given up on the game.
Speaker 7: And I think it bothered Josh Adam a little bit. He mentioned it. Now, they had a bunch of good things happen, right, I mean, you have the tip tip fall that gets the touchdown. Derrick Henry, who never fumbles fumbles. I mean, they had a bunch of good fortune, but you also have to take advantage of that good fortune, and they did.
Speaker 4: Hey, I want to talk to you about the spitting incident Eagles defensive lineman Jalen Carter. I know you wouldn't do something like that. How disappointed were you? And Carter ross very.
Speaker 7: You know what's funny about that. By the way, I haven't really talked about this anywhere else.
Speaker 5: Wow. I had two guys spit in my face.
Speaker 1: Wow, while I was.
Speaker 7: A player in two thousand and four, the two Ohio teams.
Speaker 5: One guy from the Browns, one guy from the Bengals.
Speaker 7: I won't say their names. They've moved on with their life. I moved on with mine. The one guy I think had serious issues and I was worried gonna try to kill me. The other guy, I kept yelling at Marvin Lewis, the Bengals head coach, to get him back out in the field because I wanted to try to kill him after he did it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I guess neither one of those got called on video.
Speaker 7: You know, they were not the opening night game with sixty cameras.
Speaker 5: Nobody got ejected.
Speaker 7: I don't think the ref saw it, but it is interesting to think about that.
Speaker 5: It's a horrible thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: The biggest thing is forget even just the act of spitting. It's just the stupidity for jay Len Carter to do that right in front of an official, and he hurt his team badly, very easily could have been a major factor and why they lost the game. I mean, if Ceedee Lamb catches those passes, they probably do lose the game. And so, you know, think about how badly Carter would feel. You already felt bad, but think about about how badd he would have felt if they lost the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, Ross, you played for the Cowboys. One of my highlights of the summer. I didn't get around like you did. But was watching that Cowboys documentary on Netflix. I don't know if you saw it. If you did, your thoughts on that documentary and did it bring back memories for you?
Speaker 7: Say that word again, Donnie, documentary documentary documentary?
Speaker 1: Am I being too Canadian for you? No?
Speaker 5: No, I think that's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Actually, So in the United States we may get documentary, we make it four syllables when it's really five. So we just say documentary like it's document ry, you know what I mean, like documentary. But my brother in law is from upstate New York and he would say documentary. And that's not right either. You guys actually have that one right, Donnie. You're the only one that actually says that word correctly. So congre or Rick couldn't even do it to be tried, Rick, how do you say it documentary?
Speaker 1: We'll call it doc doctor doc Cowboys doc.
Speaker 5: Rick just said it like I say it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, documentary not.
Speaker 7: The way you should say it. But at any rate, I have not watched it. I would like to watch it. The only things I like to watch are documentaries because I'm just I don't really care about fiction way. I'm way more into interesting things that actually happened. That's called nonfiction. Rick, Yes, and so I would love to watch it, But no, I didn't. I lived it a little bit in the sense that I started seving games for the Cowboys and Jerry Jones is my owner in two and then three until Parcels cut me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's outstanding. Maybe when you have some more time in the offseason you can check it out. Hey, we talked about spinning and you were involved in a couple of spinning incidents. Back to that Ravens Bills game, Lamar Jacks getting physical with a fan. Did that ever happen to you?
Speaker 7: No, But I have a very strong opinion on that, okay, which is.
Speaker 5: Choosing words carefully here.
Speaker 7: I think it's probably a net positive for society if once every five to ten years a fan that oversteps receives some immediate physical affirmation that they overstepped. It's probably the most politically correct way I could say that. It wouldn't be terrible if on TV once every few years a fan doing something stupid got punched in the face. Like I can't even I can't even comprehend what possesses someone to do that in the first place. But then secondly, it's like, do you realize who those guys are on the field, and you realize the adrenaline that they have and the environment that they're in when they're inside those white lines.
Speaker 5: That is like the.
Speaker 7: Roman Gladiators, right, and nobody's gonna die, hopefully, but they're really trying to inflict as much punishment as possible. And you think it's a good idea to physically shove one of them in the head.
Speaker 5: I think that that young.
Speaker 7: Man got off really easy with a two hands shoved from Lamar could have been way way.
Speaker 5: Way, way, way, way way worse.
Speaker 1: And he's been banned from the NFL games with the foreseeable.
Speaker 7: And I'm glad that that got out, and everybody needs to know that that's probably the more sophisticated way to handle it is to just make sure you spread the word.
Speaker 5: But a lot of people won't hear that part. A lot of people would have.
Speaker 7: Seen it if an offensive lineman had smoked him in the face in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not alone in that opinion. As you know, Hey, Ross, my front page, what do you got?
Speaker 5: Well, listen.
Speaker 7: I don't know about Canada, but in the United States, September and October are the two biggest months for weddings, which means a ton of anniversaries, which means it's myfront page story dot com season. Remember if you get my front page story for anyone, your mother, your grandmother, your wife, whoever, make sure you send me an email Ross at Ross Tucker dot com. I will sign an autograph for you and I'll say whatever disparaging comments about Rick, He said, I will write then there. If you want me to a video, you can say, Ross, just do a video where you make fun of Rick, just for me.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'll get order from Rick's wife. Yeah, you know that would be amazing.
Speaker 4: She likes you.
Speaker 5: He likes you dot com. I know she loves my rip view. I'm my front page story dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next week, Ross, thanks so much, great to have you back on board. Thanks Ross, I appreciate Ross Tucker. Ross Tucker Football Podcast, CBS Sports Westwood One. We didn't talk about the Seahawks a loss and Sam Darnold's Seattle debut. Will do that tomorrow with the infinance. He's gonna join us. He's back as a regular as well. A break pull question. We'll introduce it next. Donnie Della the team I check Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 4: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 1: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca A. That's sales at a b l E Auctions dot ca A. Waddling Dog poll question experience one of Victoria's iconic destinations, sleep, sip, and stock up, all in one legendary spot. Come sit and stay at the dog today, Rick Ryan, get her up the waddling Dog poll question. I was gonna say, pub what will be the biggest issue with the Canucks forward group this season? Lack of center depth, lack of speed, grit, toughness. They'll be fine seventy three percent this this one right there, Donnie, look the lack of center depth.
Speaker 4: Everybody in the city, media fans, I think it's it's It's quite obvious that this team had Miller, Patterson, Hervet Horvat up the middle of the ice, and even the year they went they had the good year, they had Lindahm here. Isn't it a coincidence that every time they're good they have three great centers up the middle. And remember Lindahlm was here and the Lindham you know, helped them.
Speaker 1: Get light it up.
Speaker 4: But he's better in the playoffs. But he was good in the playoffs and so you know what. I'm sorry, folks, but losing JT. Miller last year, this is why they're in the mess they are.
Speaker 1: Weren't you all for that?
Speaker 4: Stop it? JT Miller. They lost their heart and soul. They lost a heart and soul. Guy, are you kidding me? You don't think that the Caducks would want JT. Miller back?
Speaker 1: They want him back in a harpy, I want to read this from Ian in Victoria in our in our inbox the Bayside Ocean Front Resort inbox, by the way, changed sponsors around here, Ian in VICTORYA. It's funny listening to you guys freak out about a second line center as if that is a make or break position. It is after goaltending defense, first line players, scrowing wingers. I am glad they are not selling the farm for some player who is marginally better than hetel Ian and Victoria. I'm gonna guess there's a lot of people who would agree with Ian, like if you get Roslovic or Rossi, which they're not, you reach free up in Minnesota. But let's say that it happened. How much better are those players going to be and you've given something up for them, whether it be a big contract or players. You give something up for them, and they're not much better than than Filipido. I agree with I agree with Ian.
Speaker 4: I'm not with Ian, and I'll tell you why. Two years ago when the Canucks went around to the playoffs, Patterson and Miller had close to two hundred points, two hundred points done, two hundred combined.
Speaker 1: But Ian makes the point that it's not you're not gonna get JT. Millerbeck, You're gonna get somebody who may be marginally better than than then. I was gonna say marginally better than Ian and Victoria I would hope, so marginally better than Hetel. And here's the other.
Speaker 4: Really concerning point for me is they don't have a young stud in Davisburg Center. They don't have a young stud forward that's ready to jump in and and and he's twenty one, twenty two, twenty three.
Speaker 1: It's it's concerning eh Rat too. Ryan.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about a guy, a difference maker, you know, like Ryan Kester when he was drafted, he went to Manitoba, came in boom, difference maker. Okay, we don't have that type of guy. What about the CAAC They don't have any You know why they don't have any? No, no, what I'm saying he said, stut forward. Eh, Lakara Kara La Karamackie. Could be, it could be, but they're waiting for physical maturity on him upper body, right, And what really hurt the Calder Cup young kids is the run. So they didn't have a great offseason to put on the necessary weight and muscle that Peterson did because Canucks didn't make the playoffs. But those kids, especially La Karamackie, who said he ate and ate and ate trying to put the you know, and was gonna see did he work out of like the sports media guys ate Nate Nate. But listen, what was eating, Donnie? What do I look like Lakara Mackie's chef. I don't know what he was eating?
Speaker 9: Rich Why he gave a quote to for the off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was the kidding around and hopefully ate the right foods.
Speaker 4: There are kids in bantam hockey and you know this, who are eating right? Who are you know?
Speaker 1: Never mind, you don't think Lakara Mackie is gonna eat right? Of course he is.
Speaker 4: But what I'm trying to say to you is he didn't have a large window to put on the muscle that he needs because they want to.
Speaker 1: I don't know if anybody is gonna be the answer, like anybody up from Avatford is going to be the answer. Let's focus on that second line at center position. Although when you talk about a top six forward, there could be an answer out there. I'll throw this name out there, Gavin McKenna.
Speaker 9: Oh man, what would we We can't do this? What the retails he can't do that? We can not doelling.
Speaker 1: Me you tell me no, Hold on a second here, like I'm I'm impressed with their blue line and if helped, maybe they can squeak into a playoffs pan. I guess that would be another year of wallowing in the sea of mediocrity? Are you telling people? Telling me people in this town would be and I know that they have to go through a lottery process. More excited about wallowing in that sea of mediocrity or the possibility of grabbing a once in a lifetime player like Gavin McKenna.
Speaker 4: Okay, close, Okay, So at Christmas time did have to be down at the bottom of the standings and then you could say you can kiss goodbye to Quinn Hughes and you can kiss goodbye to Jim Rutherford. You think Jim at his age is going to stick around for a rebuil.
Speaker 1: I'd be more concio Quinn Hughes than Jim rothfo.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, but I'm just saying, well, yeah, but what's the path to them bottoming out?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 9: You just re signed Bestard Literally, he hasn't played a game under that contract. Patterson what seven years? Like Dempco like, look, look at all these contract extensions. I don't necessarily disagree because Patterson extension is a mistake.
Speaker 1: I think they are.
Speaker 9: Stuck in the mud a little bit like I think they might be in that mushy middle regardless, but the moves that they've made now.
Speaker 1: Tells you they're nowhere near that. Plus the other thing is done. That's that doesn't mean right.
Speaker 9: Let's be honest. They could finish dead last. You know, they win the lottery.
Speaker 1: Okay, to be.
Speaker 4: Honest, Hey, you're stealing my lines here, but yes, you're right.
Speaker 1: I know. I don't know how far you can follow in the lottery.
Speaker 9: Whatever the max is, they would, Yes, they would do that.
Speaker 1: You're you're right there.
Speaker 4: They did everything in the off season, try and get better, not worse. They never met everything in the sea. They tried to do everything. They never said, oh, we're going for Gavin McKenna, by the way, who used to be in medicine at I feel really sorry for the Tigers to lose that kid and Victoria Victoria Royals lost to the first off. I mean, my goodness, veer Hoffe's gonna go second. Overall, really feel for these dub clubs. But listen, uh nowhere have you heard anyone in Vancouver say we're going for Gavin McKenna.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not gonna say that.
Speaker 4: Some teams are gonna obvious. They're gonna might go.
Speaker 9: To with a team that's obvious to me is Pittsburgh Maybe.
Speaker 1: When it comes how many years is Quinn? He's got left in his contract too, too right.
Speaker 4: But they could talk to him this July first coming up.
Speaker 1: Okay, but let's just say this is just buying the sky for me. Let's just say they do bottom out, they get they they they win the lottery. Just the miracle of miracles, they get Gavin McKennon. Tell me quin he isn't sticking around, No, he's not, because you're what you're talking about. Of course he is.
Speaker 4: You are at the bottom of the standings. Don If you're getting Gavin McKenna bottom thirty second out of thirty two teams, how are you gonna move up from thirty to be some hope something different?
Speaker 9: What if they what if they miss though and jump off?
Speaker 4: Hey, I got you thinking, although I could see that look on your face, like.
Speaker 9: So if they would have to be white cause you gonna only move ten spots.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 9: We're already doing this with the draft like this the Islanders. Yeah, so as I'm saying, so they if they finished a eleventh they could move up to one. Right theoretically, even though it's zero point three percent or whatever, it is, sure right, so maybe they could do that, I guess.
Speaker 1: Technically, or just finished dead last.
Speaker 9: By the way, just quickly, because we didn't talk about this enough. The more I hear and read about Matthew Schaeffer, because you just brought up the Islanders. What an amazing story. That great, I know, it's complete right turn and the billing mom too, Yeah, I know, and like the story of people who don't know both of them passed passed away. The sports that did a heart wrenching story on him the first overall pick just what.
Speaker 1: You don't have to see that story. All you have to see is him getting drafted. Yeah, the emotion he showed when he put the Islanders jersey on. But very well spoken and he seems to be a stud I think they got a good one. Their first class kid, first class. We got time for this board. You don't want to save it for this quote the tweet.
Speaker 9: Let's do able and then we'll do tweeting Big Brye.
Speaker 1: How about that? People have no idea what you just said said there, and I know I'm going to get the Don's losing it. And if you saw, if you were here for this, for the preparation of this show, you'd realize just how much I am losing it. With the rebuilt talk would stop. I wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Exciting since twenty is better, right, this is better right now? So the last ten years of nothing but losing, you want another seven years and nothing but losing? Come on, Don?
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, but what what can you sell in the world of sports? What can you hope? There you go wins or hope?
Speaker 4: How's that going in Buffalo where they've missed the playoffs fourteen years in a row. If that is the thing, how's it going in Buffalo? They are going there.
Speaker 9: Right, Hey, look at hey, Chicago's going to prove me something too, right. I mean, how many years now have Chicago been down in the dumps? They've got badarred obvious.
Speaker 4: Oh they're gonna be good. Just all.
Speaker 1: They also drafted if you want to look back a few years, Jonathan Tave's generation first overall and they got themselves three Stanley Cups about a six years.
Speaker 9: I never but Donny think about how dark this franchise has been, and they still wouldn't go that route. It's just not going to happen.
Speaker 1: That doesn't. Trance brings it up all the time. Look at times running out for me, they've tried everything.
Speaker 4: So why do you want to rebuild?
Speaker 1: Because why do you want to rebuild? Because it would you know what you want ten.
Speaker 4: More years of crap hockey?
Speaker 1: Rick? What if they committed to a rebuild? You know, right when when Benning took over, Trevor, well, they didn't know, but that way didn't work for the common denominator.
Speaker 9: Now and then it's the owner. Trevor said, rebuild.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean it's not right. You're right, it's not gonna happen. This is you're not as smart as I am.
Speaker 9: This is a new record for US, day two into a new season.
Speaker 4: If you want to rebuild, when Trevor said rebuild, they wouldn't be in this mess today.
Speaker 10: You probably you agree with me. Then you go Trevor. Trevor was right bang on. So what lessons did you learn? Let's just keep doing the same thing over and over. That's what they wanted. In fact, let's do it work. Let's get rid of J. T.
Speaker 11: Miller.
Speaker 4: Let's the owner, got to play the GM.
Speaker 1: Let's do something worse. What are we doing here? The lake House Home Store is a high end kitchen and lifestyle store. It's in receivership. Oh like the Canucks, well aren't. This show is in receivership and Able Auctions has been ordered to sell everything to the highest bidder, all fixtures, furniture, and inventory, including brevel. I told you I have a great kettle from them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's with the towels in the right side.
Speaker 1: They're up for grabs. Okay, yeah, booze Block, all clad and all the big names all sold to the highest bidder. Even the cash counters have to go Rick, there's those hands the hand chair. Do we find out what the hend is? No, I'm actually.
Speaker 9: I'm asking Jeremy to tell me if it's a chair or table or what that looks like?
Speaker 1: A hip swing? How could it be a chair that you'd see in an Austin Powers movie? You know what?
Speaker 9: I bet one of these is you know those pieces of art that look like something you should sit on or whatever that people have.
Speaker 1: When you would sit on it.
Speaker 9: No, no, but no, I could see this being one of those things that you think you would but you don't, and then people have to constantly say no, no, no, no, no, don't sit on that, don't sit on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why have that? Then? For information? Thanks for that right. Information on the Lake Shore Home Store receivership auction go to able Auctions, dot C A get your store is sold. Email sales at able Actions, dot C, Sales at A b L E Auctions dot C A Craig Button. Top of the Hour, Big Ryan Nex, Donnie Delay the team on Jack.
Speaker 4: The Vancouver Giants are celebrating their twenty fifth anniversary season at the LEEC. Fans can check out a variety of experiences all season long, including the unveiling.
Speaker 1: Of the top twenty five players of all time.
Speaker 4: On the ice, you can watch the electrifying play job Dallas Stars draft pick and forty goal scorer Cameron Schmidt Islanders draft pick Berk Hood will lead the team in the increase and plus follow the progress of NHL draft eligible defenseman Ryan Lynn. To get single game tickets for less than twenty five dollars a pop, or group tickets for as low as twenty dollars per seed in quantities of eight or more, visit Vancouver Giants dot com slash tickets to grab yours.
Speaker 1: Now. We just got news that Rick will be working here for.
Speaker 4: The next fifty years.
Speaker 1: Big riot, tighter guy, you have no idea Rick picking up some overtime. I don't lookt up with. Yeah, then can I be one thing the free start sure Comoks, Nicole and cos base side oceanfront Resort in box. Give me a bud a year and I'll get used to that. H Nicole, Donnie, please wait for the first game of the season before we get into the rebuilt stuff. Yes, yes, kind of a tradition in this show. It's been going on for years. No one's listening to me, I'll about big Rye.
Speaker 9: Okay, we got some photos to get to. First of all, this is a personal one. You guys have written me for it, but that's fine.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is my.
Speaker 9: Pops last week Abbey Road with the D and D hat and the reason the photos taken this waste because my dad is a photo of him in his twenties, same exact photo taken as he was walking, so it's a side by side thing. But he took the D and D hate him. He's not barefoot either, which is a bit of a difference. All denim or all denhim. So Abbey Road, my parents there there, there there, they've got a European extravaganza trip happening right now.
Speaker 1: Wow, the last week sent me this photo, So my dad's money flowing.
Speaker 4: You you you know what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And by the way, I need to let people in.
Speaker 9: Before the show, Taylor did the he for the first time to both Nina and myself for the first time, he did the well you know in Europe, you euro shamed. And the funny any thing is if we were running the tapes back like five years, I know you hate those people, you hate.
Speaker 1: Them, And now you are one. Ah and you did it. Danina and I this morning. Have them been to Europe?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know what they do in Europe talking about the trains.
Speaker 1: I know. Anyway, Okay again, we got a billion photos. We are gonna get to all. We're gonna get to all the photos. This week we got the ton.
Speaker 4: This is your good power.
Speaker 1: Well, this is two of our good palace jef S tough with the Joe effort. Okay, get Dutch.
Speaker 4: This is our good pala On the left is Reied Mitchell, the head scout of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Used to be with the Canucks in the nineties and then he went to Toronto and Pat Quinn got him into hockey ops. And this is one of our great friends, read Mitchell. I love this guy, I really do. This is at the Minto Cup, Donny, where was it in Ontario a couple of weeks ago? And that's k Man, big huge Lines fan. His kid was with Coquitlam winning the Minto Cup back east. Their buddies from McGhee High School way back in the seventies. So there's Reed Mitchell on the left, our good paler, good guy. And then there's k Man was his son just won the Mental Cup with Coquitlam back East. But just a beautiful, beautiful picture of these two guys.
Speaker 1: Was a pretty good hockey player, Okay, pretty good hockey.
Speaker 4: Player read absolutely, And now he's the head scout of the Maple Leafs. A great guy, a good pal of ours. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Has he been to Europe? Guessing if he's a scout, he has probably probably?
Speaker 9: Okay, we we kind of teased this in the last segment about a tweet we had to show, and so we're getting to it now.
Speaker 1: The NHL Media tour, we talked to Friedman yesterday. He's in Vegas.
Speaker 9: NHL Media Tour in Vegas, so there's a lot of players available, the bigger names made available to the national types, including Pierre Lebron of the Athletic In the t n t SN he talked with Jack Hughes. Okay, brother of course of Quinn Hughes. If you didn't you're using this later on, you said, now talked about later, Well, I'm it's gone too far now. Asked Jack about the possibility of playing with his brother Quinn.
Speaker 1: Time to read this.
Speaker 9: I know it's a lot I like to quote. This is the quote from Jack this is the headline question, you know. Jack smiled. Honestly, I'm not afraid to say it. I would love for Quinn to Then there's a little pause. Eventually I'd love to play with him, and whether that's in New Jersey or what time takes. At some point, I want to play with Quinn. But that's the question going around. They talk all day about it up in Vancouver, you know. But yeah, I'd love to play with Quinn at some point, multiple times saying how much you'd love to play with.
Speaker 1: He did an article or an interview with Ian McIntyre. Quinch league two years left in his contract. He's not thinking about that right now. He shut out all the noise.
Speaker 9: Well because to Quinn's point, he said this to Ian, he can't even sign it, right, He's start her away fro even signing it.
Speaker 1: So we get to talk about it. He's letting them and then see what happens.
Speaker 9: We get to talk about it, We get to see what happens. And I will say, you know, the parallel about you know, seeing what happens is going on to Edmonton right now, right with Connor McDavid. He is he is eligible now, right, But that same exact circus will be playing out if we get to the exact same point one year from now, Hughes is still here unsigned.
Speaker 4: You know what's gonna happen with Canucks Nations. We just watched Mitch Marner a nasty divorce with the Maple Leafs. Yep, you know, the fans going to his house, he had to call the cops. You know, Twitter driving them nuts. We just saw that. Now we're watching Connor McDavid maybe not signed in Edmonton, and that's going to be chaos until he signs or leaves. Then comes Vancouver and Quinn Hughes. If this guy leaves, it is going to be the equivalent of Pablo Burrey leaving. In my eyes, might be deeper than that. In my eyes, this guy leaving not as big devastating.
Speaker 1: Leaving is this is equal to Pabble leaving in terms of team's success.
Speaker 4: I think it's right there, but more devastating for the franchise. I think it's just as devastating as Palal leaving. This is the best offense in a franchise history.
Speaker 1: If you watch, maybe Clipping has to remember that got them to a Stanley Cup final, helped get the new Stanley Cupeah, you're right, you're right, You're right. That's true, that's true. And I'm not knocking Quinn he is for a second. I just you know, you know, you know I feel about that ninety fourteen, all of your good pals. Uh, you know what it is?
Speaker 9: The trend is bothering me a little bit.
Speaker 4: In the NA chop stars leaving can is bothering you, bothering me.
Speaker 1: It's not at NBA levels, no, no, but it's bugging me. And look at now.
Speaker 9: I'm never going to condone the Marner address thing that was leaked online and people go into his house. That's gross, that's sick. Should never happen. But the rest of us crying about the attention we get and whate is me. You get paid a gazillion dollars to play hockey. Yeah, the temperatures cranked in Canada. I get that. But it's no different than being a Yankee or a cowboy or.
Speaker 1: A member of the Alabama is different.
Speaker 9: It's how is it different?
Speaker 1: Well? The difference with hockey is that you have the option to escape to go someplace where the temperature is and is. You've got three different levels and this is this is my own thinking. Here. You you if you want to be a rock star and get all sorts of attention and the bad things that come with that, play in Canada, mid Ground, Detroit, New York, Boston, that that sort of thing where you could go escape. Like I know they're popular in Vegas, but not like not like they they would be in Toronto.
Speaker 9: But I guess my problem, my beef is some of these players are acting like that passion is a negative and it's not a negative.
Speaker 4: Again, are you talking about t Yeah, but Rick, you don't have to be just Twitter.
Speaker 1: You don't. You don't have to be on social media. It's don't be on it if you don't think these players are on Twitter watching what we.
Speaker 4: And Rick, I think what Ryan is about that.
Speaker 1: But I think what you're talking about, Boat is you know, going out for dinner, walking down the street whatever. That's where it's it's different. You're gonna get recognized left and right in a place like Toronto. That might not happen in Vegas.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but the way these players act, it's like.
Speaker 1: Say something like that, he'll be okay, you guys, jump down my throats. No, No, because I I he's gonna be Okay, I I agree with you. But the problem is, if you want to call it a problem, he's got choices. You can go to Vegas and disappears someone.
Speaker 9: I guess the reason it bugs me with Marner because Martin also is a complete no show in the playoffs for the Leafs. So he makes it sound like, oh, I get all this attention. Yeah, Mitch, because you haven't done a whole hell of a lot in the playoffs for the Leafs, So go now and be a spare part with the Vegas Gold and Knights if you want, and hide and that's fine.
Speaker 1: And by the way he ducked the media, he had to call the cops to his house. Rick I securities that house. That's not right.
Speaker 9: All that stuff is gross. I totally agree. I totally agree. But the rest of it, the criticism he's taken to me, it's all fair game.
Speaker 1: With the way he's played.
Speaker 9: Some of these athletes act like they should have no repercussions from when they play bad, yet they get this mass amount of money.
Speaker 1: Well, you're getting surprising is that they seem surprised by the criticism. That's what I'm saying, Like, you've you've entered this world. It is a dream world. Most of us would do whatever to take their places and said, I'm getting criticized. It right. It's It's been going on since the beginning of.
Speaker 9: Yes Sports, and now now these guys are getting a bag that some of the past players could only dream of. Coming up next to TSAIS director of scouting, Craig Button. He's on the show for his first hit of the season. It's Donnie Dolly the Timan Jacks.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, it's Donnia Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast and on social media.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get involved with your company called two to five oh eight eight oh twenty two eight two advertise at Checkmedia dot CA Tuesday and all of our guests are brought to you by the title sponsor of this show once again, Able Auctions, Abelauctions dot c A. We're joining now for the first time this Donny and Dolly season by t san sconing director is always on a Tuesday. Craig Button. Craig, thanks to doing this, sir, how are you?
Speaker 11: I am fantastic and I hope the same for both of you and your families, and that the summer has been good to you both.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the summer for you. I overheard your conversation with Ryan and included a trip to Anchor Island. Have I got that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: My daughter moved out to Victoria where her boyfriend they're now engaged, and then we took a trip up to Tafino. Had never been to Taffino. We spent three days and it was fantastic, so just wonderful, wonderful weather, and it was post labor day so it's not as busy, so it's really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sure is.
Speaker 4: You've been there to Fieno Rick, No, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: It's on the list, Craig, good things to do. You've only lived here fifty five years.
Speaker 11: Hey, Craig, if you want recommendations, they got lots of three days.
Speaker 1: There you go. I got a great tofuno story that I'll share with you guys one day. Hey, you spent and I hate to bring this up, Craig, but Craig ken Dryden has left us. Left us on the weekend at the age of seventy eight. You spent much of your childhood in Montreal, right when the Habs were reeling off. This is in the seventies, reeling off, and I think I've got this right. Stanley Cup after Stanley Cupp, what are your memories of the late great number twenty nine and your lucky number program, Ken Dryden?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, Donie, I'm really lucky. You know, first of all, your childhood is is a bull of your team, and you know, watching a successful team or to Canadians in the city you grew up in, its fantastic and it was wonderful. But then you know you have this person in this player that's kind of arm's length out of I got to work for Bob Gainey, who was really dear friends with Ken Dryden, so I got to know Ken in a much different way. And then when Ken became the president of the Toronto Maple Leafs again got him to know him a little more. And then when I was a manager, you know, we had lots of opportunity to spend time together and talk about Lee. Take that a little bit further. When he wrote Game Change and a lot of it, at the center of a lot of it was Steve Monitor, who we had signed in Calgary and I knew very well, so it went to another level in terms of, you know, talking to him about Steve and from that point on and it became a lot more personal. And I just pinched myself and considered myself so lucky about how these things dropped for me and over time and Ken was we know what a great goaltender he was, We know how well how passionate he was about changes in the game and also about serving this country. And to me, you know, being able to talk to him in a completely different way of ideas. I mean, how many times have we heard you know, you started off with a question with Ken, and forty five minutes later you were just been finishing immersed in a conversation that was Ken. I never found a time talking to him, spending time with him when it was ever anything that you were thinking about. Oh, I got to get out of this. Time just flew by. I got to tell you a funny story. Bob Gainey was the general manager in Dallas, and of course Ken tried to get Bob to come to Toronto to be the general manager. Bob declined it wasn't an easy decision for him, but we're going into Toronto and Bob phones Ken and he says, we're coming in. You want to grab something to eat before the game will come a little bit earlier. Ken says, yeah, sure, come on up to my office. So we go up to his office and it's out of four o'clock in the afternoon and Union Station is right there. We come out of his office down around the corner. We stopped at a hot dog stand in front of Union Station. I'm standing with Ken Dragon and Bob Gainey and the people. We're having a hot dog. That was our beal. That's really why a meal and people are walking by Gauky. They're going, is that turn? Dryden's up bout Gaty? And I think it speaks more to the just like how down to earth they were, because I think that that's as brilliant as they were as hockey players, as brilliant as they are as people down to earth.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to nineteen seventy one for a second. Craig six foot four goaltender No. One wore number twenty nine. He had the weird sherewood stick and the weird mask leaning on his stick. Just how unusual was he? And effective long term? But how unusual was he? And what were your first impressions of him as a goaltender.
Speaker 11: Well, I think, like everybody else, it was unusual you had this tall goaltender. Goaltenders at that time were small, you know, and they didn't have the kind of the statue esque presence that Ken dick. But Ken was a great athlete. I mean he wasn't just a tall goaltender that took up space. He was an excellent athlete. The quickness in his legs, the quickness in reading plays and being able to shut down different scenarios were tremendous. And again al McNeil told me this when I was in a Calgary and it was wonderful to work with the lady. Alan McNeil as well all told me and he coached that much All Canadians team after Clod Rouel had stepped down and I asked him, I said, like, how did you decide to go with Ken Dryding? He goes, I'd like to tell you, Craig that we knew Ken could do the job for us, but it was more about they had two goaltenders at that time. I believe Logy Vashar was one in Phil Meir, and they just didn't feel that the confidence level and those two goaltenders to help them push through into the playoffs was enough and that's why they went with Ken. Al said. The rest is history. He goes, I'd like to take credit for it, but Ken delivered in a big way. Jean Bellago's last season and Ken Dryden as a rookie, not even a rookie yet, when's the cold smythe wins the Rookie of the Year the next season. We'll never see that ever happen again.
Speaker 4: All right, Craig, the Canucks, you know what they did in the offseason that basically you know, Landa, Evander Kame basically everyone else is coming back essentially the same team that got ninety points last year. What's your gut saying about the Canucks this season? What are you expecting.
Speaker 11: I'm expecting a rebound season for them. I mean, we all know Canucks fans know that there was an Engines of the world. There was blowing a drama around the Canucks last year, and there were some injuries that impeded their ability to compete at the highest level. And I would call it a trying season for the Vancouver Canucks, but I think it's one where they look back, and you know, Brock Besser resigns there, Connor Darland resigns there, Lennis Paterson leaves and says I'm coming back a different player, and by all indications, he's come back with We know, I believe that he'd be motivated, but he's come in and what you see is somebody that said I'm going to come back stronger, and he tests Adam Flood. I I was listening reading some stuff with Queen Hughes talking about Adam Foot and the influence. As you know, I think Adam's ready to be a head coach and I think he's ready to take the reins of this team. He's passionate. But I see a team that's that's more and let me be very clear, that's more than capable of being a playoff team. And you know Dental, a healthy Dentko. We saw the lank and and could do for them last year. You know, the organizational win with the Abbotsford connects helps an organization. Two players coming in. So I see a rebound season for the Vancouver Cannecks and and one where they can really kind of lex their talents and in a greater way. And I think that we'll see them in the playoffs. I'm picking them to be in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Guys, the next NHL draft, Craig should have players from Medicine Hat Victoria going one or two. They're not going to They're going to be announcing they're in the NCUA A. Boy that dub lost a ton of talent, just a ton, Craig. How does a league rebound from the quality of players that they lost.
Speaker 11: Well, they're gonna have to. And I think that a new like a scenario where you have the NC Double A. You know, allowing HL players to go is something that's everybody's gonna have to deal with. Everybody's going to have to look to a different path forward. But let me present it to you this way, Rick, they never had Maclin Celebrini in the Western Hockey League. They never had Jonathan Taste, they never had Kelee mccarr. Now those guys have to take a route to go to the NC Double A, which they were committed to. They don't have to do that anymore. So, I know, we look at the players that departed, and Gavin McKinnon departed, Keeping mier Hoff departed. But at the same time, what are their opportunities going to come for young players that may not have chosen the WHL to come into the WHL and play right now. I think that's a gamer ful opportunity. I think that's an opportunity that the that the WHL has to sell. When you look at what the NCUBA offers very different than what the CHL and the Western Hockey go are focusing on your strengths. The LHL has a lot of strengths. They have a lot of opportunity for players. And yeah, there's going to be someone survey over the next year or two, but once it all sorts out, I don't see the WHL suffering in a significant way. The league might become a little bit younger, and we might lose some of the nineteen or year old players playing in the Western Hockey League, But all in all, what other players will become a tractor to the WHL because now they can choose that level at a younger age and still go to the nc DOUBLE.
Speaker 4: We know you like Cameron Schmidt last year from the Vancouver Giants, Well guess what they got another kid and he's right from here, Richmond Ryan Lynn, sixteen year old defenseman. What a player he could go top ten in the NHL draft. What do you like about him? Craig, Yeah, you talk that.
Speaker 11: I mean again, I'm gonna say this. I mean you watch the way that Ryane controls the game. I mean Latin and DuPont went into Everett last year and he was a fifteen year old player. That became he the youngest player whatever. He gets fifty or more points as a defenseman in the Western valcul League. Scott Needermarrow Well, Ryan Lynn did the same thing. And you know, because Landon was an exceptional status player, Ryan kind of got lost a little bit. He shouldn't get lost. He's a brilliant player. I don't think a couple of things about Ryan that really stand out to me. I know how good he is offensively. His mind is great, precision passer, all the things you do offensively. At the U eighteen Championship, he was instrumental in helping Canada win the UA team. He was only seventeen years old and it was his defensive player. It was his penalty killing him. I think he's an elite defenseman and again not just a one trick pony. He can do it all and he's shown himself he can do it all. I don't have any question that he's going to be an excellent player in the National Hockey League.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Craig, as we let you go, Just let you know that I've instructed Ryan Henderson to clip your prediction that the Caducks are going to make the playoffs so I could come back to haunt you.
Speaker 11: I'm not worried about haunting.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: Halloween will come soon enough. But you know the thing about predictions, you go and be one or two things right or wrong. I believe I'm going to be right on the Canucks.
Speaker 1: Oha. Well, you know you have a lot of support out here as always, Craig. Great, great to have you back. I'm glad you enjoyed our providence earlier this summer. Thanks again. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 11: Always my pleasure, guys, Thanks.
Speaker 1: You bet, Craig, Button t S N. Scott and director on the record, We're gonna clip that right right, clip it on the record is saying the Canucks are gonna make.
Speaker 4: The pleasure so you want them to go and to rebuild. He's saying they're going to make the playoffs. I didn't mention that to Craig Okay, break, We'll deal with the pull question next.
Speaker 1: Donnie Della, the team want you Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: The team is supported by Abelauntions dot ca A closing your business we can.
Speaker 1: Help bottleing dog poll question experience one of Victoria's iconic destinations, sleep, sip, and stuck up all in one legendary spot. Come sit and stay at the dog today more than just a public Oh beautiful Brandon, that great guy.
Speaker 9: By the way, Just quickly, because you just mentioned Brandon, because I've been talking to him. Two things, Brandon, the Grand puba yes dog both waddling dog and also the baside resort. A reminder if you mentioned Donnie and Dolly ten percent off at the base side and also at the wattling dog. So mentioned Donnion Dolly either spot ten percent off and our merch is at both spots too.
Speaker 1: Brandon's a big rebuilds guy.
Speaker 4: Gotyn McKenna.
Speaker 1: Got that question. Craig really shut that down. You really slammed the door on you.
Speaker 4: He thinks the Canucks are making the playoffs. You know, he's positive they had ninety points last year. You guys act like they had fifty or sixty or seventy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think the big thing with the Canucks last year year we'll get to the question the second they dropped nineteen points from the previous year. Yeah, that hell from seven years ago. But that happens when you trade J T. Miller. Did they drop nineteen points or not? They did, and that's it was they still you make it sound like it was a great season.
Speaker 4: Ninety points is decent, don I think.
Speaker 1: It's better than most people expect that.
Speaker 4: If they were in one division, they would have made the playoffs. If they were in one division in the East, they would have made the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And you said you also said last year that they would have they would beat Montreal in.
Speaker 4: A playoff series. Did not say that. I don't remember that. As we get closer, ninety points not sixty the same.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, here's my thing. You know, I feel be positive. I would have loved it if they got sixty, right then.
Speaker 4: You would have been after Gavin mcinner.
Speaker 1: They'd have on the blue line.
Speaker 9: As we get closer, we will probably have to make predictions on whether or not they're making the playoffs.
Speaker 1: They're they're they're going to be right there, say, are you talking about. They're gonna be right there, good.
Speaker 4: Goalies, good defense, and we'll see what happens. I'm telling you they're gonna be right there. This is man, you you make it. Yeah, right there, They're gonna be right there. Mark my words.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'll just I'll go on record right now. I don't think they're gonna make the playoffs. I'm with you on that. Both your negative.
Speaker 9: Then, in case you're saying they're going in, I'm not. I'm saying they stand.
Speaker 4: I want to see what they do with the second line. Hey, if they panic, and they might panic if he doesn't work out, they they could panic and make a dumb drip. They might not panic. Would you take a stand? I'm telling they're gonna bet there. They're gonna be right there. Before the start of the season. We will throw the goal. We wont he won't do it. I'll do it. Give me some tailor's right. You see the preseason been unbelievable, politician. Let me see the preseason and then, oh, come on, you can't tell any talking about John the preseason. What are you gonna learn how the hell Heat's gonna do? That's what you're gonna learn. You're not gonna learn that. They're gonna send the kids all the junior and abs burd and then they're gonna have the bulk of the main guys there. Don't accord the entire season. They're gonna send the kids to junior. They don't have the main guys there. So according to you, the entire season is hinging on preseason to the feat.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that.
Speaker 4: Well, you get to the pole, Get to the pole. Where's the pole?
Speaker 9: Get it up?
Speaker 4: There's the waddling dog poll question.
Speaker 1: What's gonna be the big twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: What's gonna be the biggest issue with the Canucks forward group going this season? The seventy one lack of center depth, lack of speeds five to six percent, lack of grit, toughness percent and they'll be fine at thirteen percent, but you know, we should have had the fourth option. They'll be right there. They'll be right there. They're gonna be right there seventy one percent. Everybody, even other teams I talked to. Everybody understands the Canucks may may not be screwed at the second line. And Heatle's career high as forty five can.
Speaker 1: I say something else. And again, I've been very negative today and and you know I am I. I I agree with and I have been for a while. But look the way, you know, things have unfolded for the connection. Yeah, some people might ask you, do they have a first line center? Right?
Speaker 4: Well, he better, he better bring you what.
Speaker 9: No, some people might ask that if he's not the first line center, if he's last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean bona fide. I mean if he doesn't improve, that question will be asked.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 1: What we just keep saying.
Speaker 4: He's God like.
Speaker 1: Brough keeps saying like he's kind of like Voldemort. Right, but I think Brough hates better so more than you. It's close.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, if he doesn't get ninety plus points, this team's in trouble. They're in trouble.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's strong. And then and then they'll be right there.
Speaker 4: They'll be right there, right there, right there, They're going to be right there. They're going to be right there. Keep it luck the pole. It's a lack of center depth, clearly. And they got nobody in Absburg that could take the second line, which is even more frustrating. Done they don't have anybody in Absburg.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at the Canucks. We did this earlier in the showcase Mistead. By the way, Also earlier in the show we mentioned the Man Cup going on again. Tune into this show because we'll talk about it. Other sports shows won't. They're doing a good job in their local stations. But Man Cup Game four tonight after six stitions one last night, nineteen nine over in New Wes Game four tonight, seven point thirty Queens Park Arena News still up two games to one and fans behave. It was a fight filled game yesterday in the stands.
Speaker 4: In the stands, fans, you gotta behave when you go to sporting events. Something happened in the stands. There was a big fight reminiscent of Ernie Punch McLain in the brook In Hockey I Queen's Park. Ernie Punch all that that's the Ernie punch essed to throw garbage cans on the I.
Speaker 1: Ernie Punch, McLay love any punch, McLean the A n W.
Speaker 5: Bear.
Speaker 1: Don't don't bring that up.
Speaker 4: Kind of hitchcock. They had their battles.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't want to see not.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people know if you've been around for a long time. People connection between the n W root Bear and Guy Queens Park area and Guy the guy by the way.
Speaker 9: I had u a n W ice cream Sunday uh can of pop yesterday. It was disgusting. It was great, Derek, don't bother. Yeah, why wouldn't you get rutier at an W?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: No, it's like it's It wasn't at an W you buy the can of pop?
Speaker 1: So I bought the can of Why would you.
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 1: It's it's Sunday flavored.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's Sunday. It's Sunday flavored. It's not good because it's kind of like a chocolate taste.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't taste like a flow. It didn't taste like a float. No, Derek didn't. How can you mess that up? Trust me?
Speaker 9: The chocolate he was too much like whatever the chocolate flavoring was.
Speaker 1: And I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but isn't it automatic to get root beer from a n W.
Speaker 1: Rick I didn't go to an W again.
Speaker 4: I had a ca.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not that my dad used to steal the mugs.
Speaker 4: Oh, the mugs were great. The glass Oh they were.
Speaker 9: Great for the kids. If you dine in. I think they still do them right.
Speaker 1: The glass mugs, I think so garatter saying yes, the food in the group.
Speaker 9: Well, famously they don't. They don't do ice right in their pop.
Speaker 1: But their glasses they don't. So famous. I wasn't aware of that the glasses frosted. But if you get it. I had a great n W moment and I'll tell you what it involved. A Soyus. Well, I was in a Soyus and they didn't have the soda phones working. They had to pour the roop you're out of you know, okay, no the plastic bottles you get in the store. Oh okay. The woman was pouring it straight into the glass.
Speaker 4: This might be a lot of foam.
Speaker 1: This might be the worst story of it. This is worse than the falling story in Bath. A lot of foam. There was a lot of foam. And she didn't know about the tilt. And I know this, I'm not mining. I've got witnesses.
Speaker 4: So you show her mind.
Speaker 1: She's like, is this like a science class? Did you show her how to tilt it? It was the one of the great moments of my life.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Yeah, that's a good story.
Speaker 1: That's not a good story.
Speaker 4: The story, it's close.
Speaker 1: It's right there. This's porn beer say exact same thing, Yeah, exactly exactly. Did you ever you ever do them? The poor forever? She just kept you know, if you tilted, it's yeah.
Speaker 9: You do the too fast poor and yeah hell no no no, it's spilling everywhere.
Speaker 4: Helped her out. You're a good guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a great ass use rout full story.
Speaker 9: But you went to a souse, nice little getaway and your takeaway with you help somebody poor rout peer the next.
Speaker 4: Customer, the next customer benefited, benefited.
Speaker 1: That is true. Awer is goaded. It is really really it's the best. Mug is good? Is it? Mug?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No mug group per no marks? Hey has bite? Yeah? Pastime pastime go business to me. Yeah all right.
Speaker 4: Look at this BC's number one sports memorabilia and gaming shop is Pastime Sports check out, the largest selection of sports memorabilia, autographed items, trading cards and collectible games in Western Canada. You got four locations. You got Metrotown, Guildford Mall, Capillato Mall and the largest stores in Langley. If you can't visit the min store, you can shop their Master Collection featuring cards from any era online at Pastime Sports dotsy eight laptop.
Speaker 9: Right in the laptop uh Travis Kelcey pop figurine on the right, twenty twenty five, twenty twenty six upper deck MVP cards in the middle left. We talked about him a little bit. Jonathan Karamaki signed draft puck by the way, just a little little just a little hint. Reason why I have that puck up there. There might be news soon on the karamakime pastime.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's why I had the puck up there. What about news on Liquermackie. Yeah, they're not going with the eye in the middle. Oh am I saying it wrong, not the Karamaki.
Speaker 9: It's it is or is it Lequermaki la Karamackie, Or you're going with the eye.
Speaker 4: Then you're saying, what do you say?
Speaker 1: Well, Brandon Astell did it without the eye Lequermackie Lecramaki. Yeah all right, he can pour a whoop beer like you not believe ins DMZ next Donning, the team on check Able Auction, specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their ass sets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any.
Speaker 4: Other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help for.
Speaker 1: A free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot Ca. That's sales at ab l E Auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 4: It's eleven thirty three on a Tuesday morning. It is now time for DTMZ, brought to you by the world famous Swissler Golf Club. Goes you figure al out there at Great Track. Great Track.
Speaker 1: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer design Wister Golf Club proud to be a sponsor of Donnie Delay. Throughout our extensive golf course renovation now underway. We're going to see evidence of that here in a second. The Wister Golf Club looks forward to welcoming guests back in the summer of twenty twenty seven. All sorts of work being done there.
Speaker 4: Can't wait to see the finished product.
Speaker 1: Well, think about how good it is now or how good it has been, and it's actually going to get better. Hard to believe. Summer twenty twenty seven. This is sad for me and for a lot of people. Obviously. Rick Davies, co founder, singer, songwriter of Super Tramp, has died after a long battle of cancer. It was eighty one. Rick and Roger Hodgson wrote the band's music. Davies and Hodgson formed Super Tramp and sixty nine came up with such hits as Goodbye Stranger, Take the Long Way Home School, I Love that song, Logical Song, Give a Little Bit. The band's nineteen seventy nine album Breakfast in America top charts in the US and Canada. You remember that Wreck won two Grammys, sold over eighteen schmill. Roger Hodgin left the band in eighty three and released solo albums. Super Tramp disbanded in eighty eight, was revived in ninety six by the I Davies. He leaves us again at eighty one. One. Thing about Super Tramp, Uh, it was massive in my high school back in the day, in the seventies. That band was with Crime of the Century, even in the quietest moments of those albums. And I didn't realize that at the time, but Canada was well, I don't want to say ahead of the curve, but Super Tramp was big in Canada long before it was big anywhere anywhere else, like before it was big in the States. Yeah yeah, And Roger Hotson and Rick Davis both went on record over the years of saying, hey, Canada holds a special place in our heart because they had they had hits here long before they had hits in the States. And I didn't really just I just figured they were popular worldwide, great great band, so very good at eighty one birthdays.
Speaker 12: Okay, we have what is it, September ninth, September ninth, we got six birthdays and music, right, let's get let's get. Some people are saying you have to set a line, right, I don't know the line stuff?
Speaker 4: How many you gotta give me the lines? I don't know. I'm not a gambler. I I've never bet on anything in my life. Uh or what about a sponsorptor racehorse at Hastings in the eighties lost twenty bucks? Never did it was the name of the horse. How the hell would I know a horse in the eighties? I went once, Yeah, I bet twenty bucks. I lost it. I walked right out it. No more bets ever again. Okay, can we go get music.
Speaker 1: Just go, we'll talk about this.
Speaker 4: I need music, Ryan. This man started a fast food chain in the nineteen thirties at a roadside gas station. Still going strong today, Colonel Sanders. Ah got it? Is it? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Bryan?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Started it at the station.
Speaker 4: Colonel Sanders in Kentucky, in Kentucky. Really original recipe of eleven herbs and spices and finger licking.
Speaker 1: Oh Routier good too?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: You talking yesterday about their coleslaw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's let me keep going here. This player drafted in the nineteen seventy one NFL and the nineteen seventy one Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: Drafts, Dave Winfield. Nope.
Speaker 4: After failing to sign with the Dolphins, he ended up in Canada.
Speaker 1: Come on, Donnie, Now, it's real easy to say.
Speaker 4: That he played in the mystery played in the fifty ninth Great Cup in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: What year was that? Oh? John Sharrah, No Todd Argos, quarterback Joeisman, Joe Thaisman. Come on, clues are just horrible to make it tough. Yeah, but you didn't say anything about the CFL.
Speaker 4: I just said was failed to sign with the Dolphins, ended up in the CFL.
Speaker 1: But he ended up with the Redskins. If I can say that just stopped. It was good clues.
Speaker 4: It made you think, and it took you a long time.
Speaker 1: And do you know that as is actually Joe Thiesman. They had it changed the ad Feiseman to rhyme with heisman in order to are you serious? He increase his chances of winning the Heisman? He broke his st that out of your pipe? Did he win it? No?
Speaker 4: He broke his leg on Monday Night football? Okay, this defense this defenseman broke several offensive records.
Speaker 1: At the University of Michigan. Quinn Hughes.
Speaker 4: Both his parents played hockey. Like this player is currently in a contract dispute in the NHL. Luke cues Luke, yes, tonnywhere that's going on? His clues are good?
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 4: Like he's turning how old?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: That's okay? No, these are good clues.
Speaker 4: It took me hours to get these.
Speaker 1: Are you all we know that? Well?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, Okay, this guy turning fifty nine. His career started in nineteen ninety at Saturday Night Live. That's your clue, that's my clue.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? You guarantee to ninety five in a he just signed a four year deal with Netflix. Adam Adam, Sadler and Sadler.
Speaker 4: Right there, you got it done.
Speaker 5: He got it.
Speaker 1: That was not the best you should have got.
Speaker 4: Okay. This guy's turning sixty five. His middle name is Joe Mungo, John Mungo, John Mungo.
Speaker 1: Is what was Mungo?
Speaker 9: Jerry?
Speaker 4: He is turning sixty five. His middle name is John Mungo, English actor. Oh, okay, you grant you grant you sure?
Speaker 1: John Mungo's his name.
Speaker 4: Go look it up, Brian.
Speaker 1: She's like, why would I put that in?
Speaker 4: I did the run stretch in one of his movies.
Speaker 1: No, I said, English act.
Speaker 4: He got it. Okay, look at this one. Hey guys, it is John Mungo.
Speaker 1: It's ran. Why would you question me because I just.
Speaker 4: Like you picked the most of his care fact from his parents. His parents sat down and said, John Mungo, No hold on, there must be a reason you John Mungo grant you got to question his parents?
Speaker 1: No question me?
Speaker 4: Anyways. This guy turns fifty Canadian singer seventy five. I know this million records. Okay, don't say let's get this guy seventy five million records, Huge Canucks fan partner owners Michael Buble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. See, I excuse myself because I have him by Michael Booblet turning fifty today. I've got to get him on the show. You've done pretty well.
Speaker 4: I'm doing research. I'm putting a lot of time and effort into this.
Speaker 1: John Mungo could yeah, talk about on that how many guys named John Mungo, Mungo Jerry Summertime, great Schong, great shong, which you don't you think is politically incorrect because.
Speaker 8: It includes the line have a drink, have a drive. Yeah, but again you can have a drink and drive. You're allowed to do that, not at the same time, obviously, But.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a good idea. It's not a good idea.
Speaker 9: You can have a beverage and then go you have one beer, a root beer, but you could you could have.
Speaker 4: A you could have a you know, or endorsement.
Speaker 1: From Ryan Henderson. It's an on drinker of the group. Okay, Off Muggo Jerry, then Mungo Jerry? Is it just me is coming up? You know what. We're not in a rhythm yet. This two shows into this season. We're not in the rhythm. Michael is fifty. He's gonna play us out North Burnaby March twenty fourteen of the album To Be Loved. This is Michael Booble and his take on the beg's to Love Somebody on check playing the best of Burnaby, North Burnaby. Like I said on a PC Tuesday morning, is it just me? Next?
Speaker 9: There's a lie certain kind of life.
Speaker 1: They let a sun. Okay, let's go. Is it just me? Okay?
Speaker 4: I want to give this one, Donnie. We've talked about this, a really concerning situation in Cloverdale with the Junior B team. The league, the PGHL pulled the rug out from under them a day before the season started. The team is in a court right now battling the league to reverse their decision. No explanation, just politics again rearing their ugly head. Twenty five kids want to play in their hometown of Cloverdale. They can't do it right now, Anders from Cloverdale again. Politics in minor hockey, junior hockey, they're never going to end. Where you have human beings, you're gonna have trouble. But you are putting twenty five kids who went there to camp, made the team. You're putting these kids out of a team. They're just kids. They want to play hockey. The league figure it out. Put these kids back on the ice is just grossly unfair what they're doing to this Cloverdale Junior B hockey team.
Speaker 1: And it's all Politics's a lot of levels to it from what I understand, But you're bang on rick with a concern about the players and the excitement of making a junior hockey team and poof, it's gone away.
Speaker 4: Think about the kids and cut out your stupid bs politics. There's twenty five kids that want to play hockey in Cloverdale.
Speaker 1: Brandon and New West. Is it just me? Or would John Mungo be a good name for a horse in the eighties? John Mungo would be a good name for a horse in any decade.
Speaker 4: John Mungo is a great name, It really is.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Who's aware?
Speaker 4: A W sayus had a secret meal called the Donny Tilt contains a U and a burger. Onion rings or the onion rings that a W are out of this world. They're not healthy, but they're damn good. And a two bottle of a two liter bottle of root beer in a frosted bug. David's theedter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you get a bad onion ring. Onion rings.
Speaker 4: They're not healthy done, but they're good.
Speaker 1: Tan beer.
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Canuck's defense prospect pool has never been better off Elander, d p d Mancini, Kudratzev Heronic Anto Old Either trading Quinn could essentially help solve solve the Canuck's biggest issues up front. So tan beer in favor of maybe you know, supposedly and apparently in favor of trading Hughes and maybe getting some help up front. Oh yeah, here's why leaves.
Speaker 4: Here's another option, keeping him for twenty years so he can do go coast to coast in Vancouver like the Sadine Twins did. I'll take that over. Help with some forwarge down Look at this?
Speaker 1: Uh? Is it just me?
Speaker 4: I'm old enough to remember when you could get a refillable gallon an w jug that they would refill from the fountain. The original growler Lyle in Nova Scotia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had the little handle on it. I remember those, yeah glass, Yeah, absolutely, I remember a lot of things. Is it just me? Hc And Ladner in reference to Lamar Jackson and the incident in Buffalo. Is it just me? But ty Domi must have had the best player fan interaction in the history of sports. That was in looking up on YouTube folks in Philadelphia, Ti Domi in the penalty box playing for the Leafs fan, banging on the glass glass. The support gives way, he falls into the penalty box. I think guy wanted to go with t to ty restrain himself. Yeah, he was in a no when situation there. Good for him and Booze involved there as well. There's no question about that.
Speaker 4: NHL players in Canada is similar to soccer players in Europe tribing a star in Manchester United Dan and look, I'm sorry, but what Mitch Marner went through in Toronto, she shouldn't have gone. Canuck's Twitter's got a bad reputation in the NHL.
Speaker 1: A squy. That's different though.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing about Canuck players. Don't go on Twitter. Don't there are I just.
Speaker 1: Went beyond social media.
Speaker 4: It did, But social media is absolutely not a good thing in society. There's just too many negative people on there and too many bad people on there, and it's just not good on signed.
Speaker 1: Is it just me? But it sounds like a bottle of crown was consumed while Rick was complying his birthday list. Better clues needed. That's not from me, It's from one.
Speaker 4: Of our listeners. I'm gonna I'm gonna get better. It's only two days in. I put a lot of time. Fine, it's good. I put forty five minutes into that birthday last night, last night, forty five minutes. I can't believe Rick keeps sticking up for Miller, Kirk and Coquitlam Kirk. As soon as Miller was traded, the Canucks themselves said heart and soul guy, we're gonna miss him, and so everybody he went to the Four Nations. The Americans loved him. He's gonna be on that Olympic team. JT.
Speaker 1: Miller.
Speaker 4: I just talked to my American source the other day.
Speaker 1: They love him. You had to talk to a source SPN.
Speaker 4: Hey, you think they loved everybody there? They love him. J. T. Miller is a heart and soul guy when it hurts.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you, but there's a part of me I can't wait till let the real story comes out.
Speaker 4: Why he left the book. The who's writing the book? First, Peterson or Miller? Who's writing the book, even.
Speaker 1: If it's just a column. Very quickly Sheldon, sorry, is it just me? But his road hockey becoming a thing of the past. I see less and less road hockey games being played over the spring and summer these days. Very unfortunate.
Speaker 4: It was me, Kurt Roy, Hurt McClean and Steve. Every day after school we'd watch Uh no, it was Kurt Roy, me and Steve.
Speaker 1: Anyways, listen, he's still friends.
Speaker 4: We'd run home watch Gilligan's Island, and right after Gilligan's Island four o'clock we'd meet for hockey, road hockey every day and Saturday and Sunday nine hours of road hockey. Now kids, kids, video games and cell phones. How are the kids gonna go out and play road hockey when they're they're they're walking around like this all day in their cell phones.
Speaker 1: Don it's the kids aren't the same. We had a we had a rank in our backyard, like a ball hockey ranking her backyard. This is an amazing whole neighborhood came in.
Speaker 4: It's just it's it's a different world, and how are kids going to play road hockey when they're there.
Speaker 1: Head don't see as many kids playing basketball either. Nothing.
Speaker 4: You don't see kids anymore because they're in their house on their cellphone or video games.
Speaker 1: Dot.
Speaker 4: Well, whose fault is that parents don't give your kids a cell phone?
Speaker 1: It tell me nineteen Ryan, I'll make good on that. Yeah, okay, break will wrap up the show. Next, wrap up the pole questions, Well, Donnie tell you the team, won't you?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: John Mongo, DoD poul Rick, Ryan, get her up the waddling dog pole question. What will be the biggest issue with the Canucks forward group this season? And, as you can see, leading the way overwhelmingly, seventy and it's lack of center depth and seven hundred and eighty votes already, So it's it's a clear issue in Vancouver right now. Is the Canucks' situation up the middle of the ice?
Speaker 1: Speed and lack of grit and toughness also issues. But you're right with the obviously you're a lot of people agree with you. Seventy percent. Yep, absolutely, Okay, you got some photos.
Speaker 4: We got tons quickly from Val wishing his wife Nicki a happy wedding anniversary today. So Val and NICKI, congrats.
Speaker 1: Where's the photo? Didn't one?
Speaker 9: Okay, Ryan, where are we going all the spayside ocean front resort inbox?
Speaker 1: First of all, we have a video. We don't even have a photo. We have a video.
Speaker 9: What this is from? You got it, Derek? This is from Goose our good pose guy, welcome back. Fellas. Had a few laughs watching today. He said this.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I started.
Speaker 9: Back at my part time retirement job driving the zamboni at the base in Comoks for minor hockey Saturdays and Sundays over the winter.
Speaker 1: Helping out the community. You're gonna see him pull up here and he's got the D and D hat and the D and D hoodie on Goose. Great guy going by, greeting the zamboni. Good damn.
Speaker 9: I feel like it's driving a zamboni is harder than it's hard.
Speaker 1: People think it's not. I'll tell you what the hardest part of driving is zamboni would be is that you always have an audience. Their kids would rather remember the stampcost clip at the All Star Game? Yes, kid, yes, Like the kids are just fascinated by that thing, and there's always an audience.
Speaker 9: The giants do the cool thing with it. Put the people on the ceremony, you know, okay, quickly, we're gonna get one one morning.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 9: This is from Mark in South Surrey. Uh he said, do this. Don't come to Victoria often, but had to visit the Waddling Dog to grab some merch and.
Speaker 1: Sight seem a nice cruise in the background there Victoria. Also go to D and D T shirt on. So thank you Mark and so Surry for that. Appreciate it like Mark, Appreciate it. Mark and dog's looking good, moving dog any more pictures were out of time. Everybody else will get you on this week. You are really busy, okay, all right. Thanks to everybody for joining us today on behalf of and especially their listeners of yours on behalf of, Ryant, Derek, Nina's over there, Rick, everybody here at Oh Boy and check I'm done and you're up to date in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.