Speaker 1: Hm though radical fundamental principles of freedom, national self interest, and individual wise.
Speaker 2: This is the Uran book show. Oh right, everybody, welcome to your own book show on this.
Speaker 3: Sunday, April sixth.
Speaker 2: I am in Israel, as the title suggests, and I think today we do uh.
Speaker 3: It's late here, so like.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, it's it's uh it is ten pm at night. I think we do a short show today, just covering some more stuff on the trade, on other things going on in the world and in the United States. Maybe a quick update on things happening here in Israel, just to give you a quick update. Somebody's asking if I'm hearing any bombs. I am not, and that's because I'm in the north of Israel.
Speaker 3: There was some missile it seems like I don't know exactly what's happening, but.
Speaker 2: Just earlier, a little earlier, just as I was leaving my parents home, there were some Ariid sirens down south. It looks like the in Gaza they launched some missiles. I'm pretty show those missiles be knocked out of the air, but knowing near where I am, so not to worry. I will be leaving Israel tomorrow. I will be heading back home. It'll take two legs to get there. I'll be flying into Madrid, spending one night in Madrid, and then flying home the day after that. You know what else, Yeah, in terms of logistics, they won't be a show tomorrow, they won't be a show on Tuesday. They'll be a show on Wednesday. And we'll get into some kind of schedule after that, although there's a lot of travel between now and the end of May.
Speaker 3: But all right, well let's talk.
Speaker 2: We'll talk today about a little bit more about tariffs. I want to give you a little bit of an update. And there was an excellent up ad today in the Wall Street Journal today or was it yesterday? When was this up ed in the Wall Street Journal? I see it now April fourth, So on Friday. It was a very good up ad on the Wall Street. Don't want to read a little.
Speaker 3: Bit from it.
Speaker 2: It kind of bolsters everything I've been arguing about some of these issues. And then we'll talk about we'll talk about different countries going to negotiate with Trump over tariffs. We'll talk about a lawsuit over tariffs, over the authority of the president to do tariffs. One second, we'll talk about the authority of the president to actually even impose these tariffs, and there's a lawsuit challenging that, and then you know, we'll see, we'll see what else we havever of course, the show is basically will be determined by the questions you guys ask. So this could be a very short show. It could be a very long show. Hopefully not a very long show, but could be a long show. And you can you can said questions in the super chat and I will answer them. Anything you ask, I will answer, So feel fee to do that, Feel free to do that. All right, let's see where do we want to start. You know, I'm in Israel, so just give you a quick update in Israel. Israel is you know, there's still significant fighting going on in Gazo, or at least Israel still is slowly advancing within Gaza, bombing in Gaza, putting.
Speaker 3: A lot of pressure, trying to put pressure on Karmas.
Speaker 2: The idea is that if Israel puts pressure on Armas, then Ramas will come to negotiating the negotiating table around hostages. The mood in Israel, the atmosphere in Israel is such that the focus is almost exclusively on bringing.
Speaker 3: The hostages home.
Speaker 2: There's very little talk on victory, there's very little talk on defeating Armas. There's very little talk about what happens next if and Ramas is defeated. Almost all the discussion everywhere and almost everybody expresses the same view, and that is that the number one priority, the number one priority of the nation is to bring back the hostages. I think this is an indication of a cup, not one. It has obviously inflicted a significant harm to its enemies, particularly Ramas and chrisbe Line to some extent, you're on, but it is not one. And I think whereas in the first few days, first few weeks after October seventh, there was this atmosphere in Israel of we're gonna crush them, We're going to thrash them, we're going to defeat them, We're going for victory, I think that's gone. I think the attitude right now is it's just cut the best deal we can. Victory of Ramas is probably impossible. Look what we did, Look what we tried. It didn't work. And by the way, I consider this a massive failure of leadership, of leadership by Nicha on his government, an inability to a win the war and do what is necessary to win the war. It's also leadership of communication, of inspiration, of keeping the Israeli public focused on what is important, which is the destruction of Commas. That's how to do over a year and a half when everybody knows you could have defeated them in three weeks. So it is always given up in a sense, it's given up the idea of victory. And then the question is then the question is, well, what do we achieve? And the Israeli public right now, a significant proportion of it, at least, seems to believe that the only thing that really can be achieved is the feeing of the hostages, and the way to do that is to cut a deal. And they are quite happy, well maybe happy to an exaggeration, they're quite willing to cut a deal with Hamas negotiating with terrorists. Fine, they don't seem to really care. I mean, maybe go they be negotiating with terrorists for what is it now, thirty thirty thirty two years since nineteen eighty three in Oslo. It's only a little more bloodshed, it's only the more destruction. It's only later to more harm. But but you know, Israel. Really, this is what happens every time Israel engages in the war. It seems to be going well, everybody supports the war. Then it bogs down, victory is not achieved, the public turns against the war and it seeks other alternatives.
Speaker 3: And that's what we're seeing here.
Speaker 2: This is the cost of not engaging in a ruthless, brutal war that would have won won it all for Israel defeated Kamas, achieved the victory in the first few days, weeks, certainly months after October seven. Now the memory of October seventh is dimming. The focus is exclusively and the suffering, and the suffering is horrific of the hostages and their families, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's you know, the.
Speaker 2: Hostages, by the way, the constant reports of the amount of torturing, the hostages enduring, the brutality of the Ramas captives, the isolation, the darkness, the the starvation, the and the just horrific conditions under which they're being held. And it's now a year and a half. A year and a half, these people were torn from their beds, dragged dragged from a music festival, or you know, some of them were raped and beaten and tortured even before they were taken hostages. Then they were taking hostage, many of them were injured and received very you know, mediocre or poor medical care.
Speaker 3: Uh and.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Uh that is uh, that is what's unassurely minds, how do we free them? And they're willing to give up anything almost and the rety public is clearly blaming then Tenniel government for the hostage is not being released. You know, they're not really blaming comas. And the sad reality is, as I said, they've basically given up on the idea of victory. They've given any up in the idea of completely defeening Kamas and and uh crushing them. There's also a lot of scandals going on, and I'm not going to get into all of them. Some of them I don't even know. I don't really understand. I haven't really dug into a lot of scandals that are problems for their nitennial government that the n government is accused of. And of course, one of the one of the biggest issues is, you know, one of the biggest issues is that they are being that the Natannial government has not really started the process of any kind of independent investigation of what happened on the seventh and how why it was caused. They don't want such an investigation because such an interification investigation clearly would indicate that the Nicennial government, over years and years and years and years of neglect of and wrong evaluation of the situation, basically is responsible.
Speaker 3: For what happened in October seventh.
Speaker 2: But beyond that, there is now something called Katar Gate Qatar Gate, and this has multiple dimensions, and again I haven't gone into all the detail.
Speaker 3: There's been multiple.
Speaker 2: Dimensions whereby the Natanio administration is accused of facilitating the transfer of billions of dollars from the Qatari government to Hamas. I think this is all true. You know, they have identified a particular businessman who facilitated the transfers from Doha to Gaza, and he is a quite friendly with Nteniao himself is often then a guest at the indianail home. And he's the one who got all that money from Katara to Gaza, money that ultimately was used to build the tunnels, to buy the weapons, to build the entire military infrastructure that not only cost twelve hundred Israeli lives on October seventh, but also cost now five hundred lives of soldiers who have been fighting in Gaza for the last year and a half. But beyond that, it's seems that there are members of you know, close to the Tino people in Nathaniel's office, in the office of the Prime Minister, who are being on the Katari Peiro that are basically, if you will, lobbyists for Qatar. And it is it is truly, it is truly horrific. Qatar is an enemy nation. It is an enemy nation of Israel. It is a country that has facilitated terrorism all across the world. It is an enemy nation of the United States, and the United States has chosen to bury its head in sand. The United States has chosen to pretend that Qatar is not its enemy. The largest American military base in the Middle East, after all, is in Qatar. An America can get away with it to some extent. Israel Kana Israel treating Katara as a friend, but treating Katara as neutral is life or death for Israel. To treat Katara the way that it does made October seventh possible. And that, of course, that of course is that, of course, you know, is the responsibility of this government. And so there is a katagate going on a number of a couple of people from Nintennial office of being arrested in a census foreign agents. But this is this is a big, big issue for this government and it's going to be interesting to see how Nintennio survived. Now Natennial, the one skill he has, the one ability that he has above all others, is to survive politically. He will grind it out and somehow survive. But this is Raelly government is co op. This Israeli government needs to acknowledge its responsibility for what happened on October seventh. The fact that it allowed the Tramas under its nose really to arm itself, to prepare itself, to train and to build the tunnels and to build up defenses and to do everything that it did that it allowed for, that right that it allowed for, that it let it happen. The fact that they allowed Iranian Katari money to flow into the Gaza. The fact that in spite of the many, many attacks from Gaza against Israeli citizens, these israel dithered and waited and refused to destroy Ramas and achieve and achieve victory, which it could have done two years earlier and had to wait for a disastrous event like October seventh to find wake Israel up and actually do a little bit of what is necessary. But the fact is it hasn't done what's necessary. It hasn't defeated the Palestinians, it hasn't defeated Haramas, it hasn't achieved victory. And the consequence of that is prolonged rule and prolonged uncertainty. And indeed, if it's true that missiles will fire out of Gauza tonight, then they haven't even destroyed all the missile launching capabilities of Ramas. You have to say that this government has failed, that Nitagnelle as a leader has failed, failed, completely, failed thoroughly in the one assignment that they had, which is the one assignment that any government has, which is the protection of the individual rights, the protection of the lives of its own citizens.
Speaker 3: So anyways, so that is.
Speaker 2: A little bit of what's going on in Israel.
Speaker 3: Of course that is.
Speaker 2: That is Uh, there's a lot more going on in Israel. It's a it's a country. That is Oh, one other thing I wanted to mention, and that'll lead us to the discussion of Tavis as well well.
Speaker 3: Two things.
Speaker 2: One is uh, a new political party was formed today in Israel in the under the leadership of Naphtali Bennett nough Taldy Bennett is somebody that I am I would much rather prefer see as Prime Minister of Israel than and it's a neelle. I can't say I'm a fan of enough tad E. Bennett, but enph Talty Bennett is certainly of the people in the political arena in Israel right now, based on my granted limited knowledge, is I think the most qualified and and the best uh uh to deal with the current situation. So it's going to be interesting to watch this new political party how it evolves. Who does it take votes from. Right now, a poll done today would make it the largest political party in Israel, but only by an inch, by one seat bigger than Ntennial's he could but of course we're not going to have it elections for a couple of years, although with the scandals going on right now, we might have elections sooner. But you know, between now and elections, anything could change. It's impossible to say what will actually be the outcome Ntennial because of all the scandals around him. He's already also facing corruption charges. He's in courts, he's regularly testifying in court in his own corruption case, and Antenna took a vacation this week. He chose as his location of vacation Hungry. I think he chose that for two reasons. One is hungry in spite of the fact that Hungary until yesterday was a member of the ICC, the International Criminal Court. Auban has said he would not hand over Nataniel to the court, so it was a safe It was a safe place for Natenniel to go because.
Speaker 3: He knew that he wouldn't be arrested.
Speaker 2: You remember that members of the ICC are under now obligation as members of the SEC to hand over Nathaniel to the criminal Court, to arrest them basically and hand him over to the criminal court. And indeed, the Criminal Court demanded that Hungary arrest Antennio and hand him over. Hungary refused and then withdrew from membership in the ICC, which is a good thing. The second reason I think Natanio went to Hungary is that I think he has some affinity to Aubon. I think he liked Trump, who will all have an authoritarian nature. Admire the ability of Aubon, under the guise of democracy to basically become a almost dictator, but certainly authoritarian leader of the country. Here, Oban faces very little opposition from the media because he has the media under control. He is basically taking control of all the kind of levers of power. There's no checks and balances, there is no real checks on his power anymore in Hungary, so I think they all admire him. I think every leader spiring to be authoritarian admires Putin, but they can't go to Russia. So the proxy for Putin is Auban in Hungary. Anyway, Today Nataniel surprisingly announced that he is flying to Washington, DC to meet with Trump. He will meet with Trump tomorrow. He is the first world leader to meet with Trump post tariffs, and supposedly on their agenda for them is one hostages. I don't know that they'll talk much about that. To Iran. I think Trump will update Nathaniel on his efforts to negotiate a deal with Iran and three and I think ultimately most importantly and why Nataniel is actually going is tariffs, teriffs. That is Natani always going to Trump to argue the case that Israel actually has zero tariffs visa v the United States does not tariff American goods, and therefore that Israel was treated badly by Trump's announcement on Wednesday that Israel would face seventeen percent tariffs in spite of the fact that Israel doesn't.
Speaker 3: Teriff for American goods.
Speaker 2: The US is going to argue that Israel runs that the United States runs a trade deficit visa VI Israel. That and that is true because of Israel's huge advantages with regard to high tech and as a consequence, there is a negative there is a trade deficit with Israel and the fact that Israel has a VAT, although that is irrelevant to tariffs, but is not going to stop Trump ignoramus Trump from using that as a argument against Israel. Anyway, It'll be interesting to negotiate. Supposedly, there are fifty countries now that are waiting in line to come and kiss the ring or to kiss the ass of the President of the United States in order to try to get some some I don't know, weakening of the tariff regime. At the same time, you have so as any always there primarily for that, I think, although the other issues will play out. He I think, is trying to get on Trump's, you know, stand Trump's good side, and emphasize and try to try to gravel and as much as he can and you know, basically present himself to Trump as his best friend now because partially because you know, is that Trump next week had changed his mind and become very anti Israeli, very anti as well. All right, So that is that is, that is not any are going to Trump. So let's talk more about the tariffs. So, as I said yesterday, China's imposed thirty four percent tariffs and all US goods. The EU is putting together package a significant package of tariffs on the United States, so many other countries. You know, this is going to be a fore blown tariff war. Ludwig the Common Secretary came out today on television saying that the tariffs would not be delayed. That is that Trump is fully and the Trump administration is fully committed to imposing this tariffs this week, and that they're convinced that these are supposedly good for America. Now he's lying. I don't think anybody's convinced the good for America. Maybe Trump is because he's ignorant, but I think anybody who knows any anything knows that these tariffs are disaster for America and for its economy, and certainly the stock market is sending any vidication possible to people that that is the case. All Right, I think I need to lower the volume, guys. Let's see anyway, this is only going to get worse, not better. And Ludwick is the tariff guy of this administration, is really pushing for this, and it's an unmitigated disaster, There's no question about that. You know, this excuse that everybody gives about why we need a global reset, this idea of the hollowing of the middle class, this idea of how awful the last fifty years were and how everybody's taking advantage of us, and how Americans are suffering as a consequence of globalization. Or There was a good upad on Friday in the Wall Street Journal. I highly recommend you read it. It's interesting. It was written by Nobert. Michelle Nobert is was an economist who worked for Heritage Foundation, but then as Heritage Foundation shifted to become MAGA and shifted to become anti trade and anti free markets, Nobert left Heritage and moved over to Cato, which remains a free market institution, at least when it comes to economics. Anyway, nobody is very good. I encourage you to follow him. Anyway, Just some facts right about the last forty years, and I'm reading from this upad on the Wall Street Journal. The US men of class has thrived over the past forty years. In fact, Americans of all economic backgrounds have done well. The share of household earning more than one hundred thousand dollars a year has tripled over the past five decades. This is all in real dollars, and the share earning less than twenty five percent fell by twenty five percent. This is what I told you yesterday, that the middle class has gotten smaller because more Americans have gotten rich categorized as rich. And indeed the middle class are shrunk, But so has the poor section of the United States of earning less than thirty five thousand dollars a year is poverty. That's shrunk by twenty five percent. I continue, for most of this period, workers in the bottom ten percent of income distribution experience stronger wage growth than those with higher incomes. The middle class are shrunk only in the sense that former middle income owners have moved up the income ladder. Materially, Americans are much better off than they were.
Speaker 3: In nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Over the past forty years, seventy percent of working Asian Americans spent at least one year among the top twenty percent of income owners. Notice, seventy percent of working Asian Americans spent at least one year among the top twenty percent of income owners, and eighty percent never spent more than two consecutive years in the bottom of ten ten percent. So, I mean, this is all statistical and demagogy and demagogy, statistical lying and demagogy. These people who claim that Americans in such awful economic shape. Now, this is not to deny that we could be doing a lot better, But the problem is not globalization. Indeed, globalization is what has helped us be as successful as we are.
Speaker 3: Todate.
Speaker 2: Globalization is an overwhelming economic positive for America. Global trade has been an overwhelmingly positive phenomena for America for Americans, I mean, he continues, the popular story of the death of US manufacturing is nonsense. You know. Mister Vance and his cohort maintained that increased free trade with countries such as China in two thousand or Mexico in nineteen ninety four killed Americans jobs. American jobs, well, let me just say. I'll say there's no such thing as an American job. It's your job, in my job. But anyway, it's true that the number of manufacturing jobs is lower than it was in nineteen seventy, but that's because we make so much more with fewer people.
Speaker 3: Blame technology, not trade.
Speaker 2: Real hourly output per manufacturing employee has been in an upward trend since nineteen fifty nine. Real US manufacturing value added, the sectest contribution to gross domestic product, reached its highest recorded level in twenty twenty two, not nineteen seventy twenty twenty two. Manufacturing output was close to its all time high in twenty twenty two, and the US remained the global leader in manufacturing value added per worker. In other words, China might manufacture more, but it adds less value. Workers contribute very little because they're not very productive, so they produce massive volumes, but their labor productivity is very low.
Speaker 3: That's why wages in China are low.
Speaker 2: In the US, we might produce less than China, we're still the number two producer in the world actual less than China, still then number two manufacturer in the world. But our labor, because it's so productive, adds every hour of labor adds enormous value to the products being made. Here's an example. Steel is one example in nineteen eighty. This is a stunning statistic. By the way, in nineteen eighty, one steel worker could produce zero points zero eighty three tons of steel in one hour. Zero points zero eighty three tons of steel in one hour. By twenty eighteen, one steel worker could produce one point six seven tons in an hour. That's what twenty times. So a steel worker today, or at least in twenty eighteen, was twenty times more productive than a steel worker in nineteen eighty. We're not talking about eighteen eighty. We're talking about eighty twenty times more productive. That's stunning. This, I continued to quote, this is a good thing. Waging income data in the United States show the rising tiders lifting all boats, especially the smallest. He continues, American manufacturers now operate more effect efficiently, use fewer natural resources, require less back baking labor, produce less pollution, employ more highly educated people than ever, no terror for trade restriction is going to reverse these trends, and the US shouldn't try to do so. Popularists may want to bring back the factory towns of the nineteen fifties, but most Americans are too busy enjoying the prosperity of the twenty twenties.
Speaker 3: So I'm not the only one out there.
Speaker 2: This is a pretty I'm just well understood phenomena. All right, what is going on?
Speaker 3: All right? Some good news? The all right? That's that?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. No, that's not it. Anyway, I saw this earlier. Where did I put it? Okay, it's disappeared on me h. The is a lawsuit now by there's a lawsuit now filed against the Trump tariffs claiming that his declaration of emergency powers is unconstitutional and and and this would be great if the Supreme Court took this up. The reality is that we have dozens of emergencies having been declared by presidents over the last forty years, dozens and all kinds of rights limiting executive orders that have been the consequences of these emergency declarations. So it would be amazing if the stream Court was actually willing to take up willing to take up some of these emergency power questions and really issue in ruling that clarifies when it's appropriate to declare an emergency and when it is not.
Speaker 3: There is no emergency, no emergency.
Speaker 2: Right now in the United States that would justify Actually, there's no emergency ever that were justified. But there's no emergency right now that could even remotely justify Trump stampus, which basically represents a seizure of power by the executive from the legislature. Congress can pass the law to raise his taxes. Congress can pass a law to raise or impose tariffs. The president cannot do it intillaterally. Now Congress has defaulted in its responsibilities and given the power the president Emergency Power Team posed haras in times of emergencies. But there is no emergency, so there is a chance that the courts will save us from Trump's tariffs. It's pretty shaky grounds that Trump is trying to justify this. So now we've got, you know, these lawsuits. You know, Trump is attempted to bypass Congress by invoking the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, But in its fifty year history, no previous president to use it to impose tariffs and no, you know, and it's just there's nothing in the law that would suggest that it's an appropriate use of it. Now that i ee PA mentions things like embargos and sanctions, and it's been used against hostile powers like Russia and North Korea and Iran. But here tariffs are being used against our friends.
Speaker 3: It's not a hostile nation now, you know. To some extent, Trump is trying to show that.
Speaker 2: The tasks are related to, or at least the Canadian and Mexican traps have related to immigration and drugs, which he perceives as a security threat. But then how do you explain tariffs on Europe and other places? This is going to be really interesting. This is going to be really interesting. To what extent is the court willing to protect the war of the legislature in determining what tariffs are and to what extent will they allow for Congress to just shrug and renegan its responsibility and approve of the ability of the president to just declare any kind of emergency they want in order to pass whatever tariffs they want. I mean, where Trump is doing with these executive orders and with these tariffs is a complete negation of the whole idea of checks and balances that the Constitution articulates. And it would be amazing if a conservative court dominated by justices that were selected by Trump actually votes down these tariffs as unconstitution that would be amazing. By the way, for those of you interested more in the whole tariff issue and the whole manufacturing and bring the jobs back issue, highly recommended essay called buy America by American is un American? By American is un American by Harry Binswanger who wrote the essay in the late nineteen nineties, and as relevant as ever, so check it out.
Speaker 3: You can find it at a nine ran dot org.
Speaker 2: Just search put in quotation mark by American is un American and you'll find it. Excellent essay, unbelievably relevant to what is going on out right now, right now, all right, let's god, let's see. Let's see.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this entity that is suing is the New Civil Liberties Alliance. I have not heard of them. Let's click on this. Let's find out who the They help protect civil liberties from the administrative state. That sounds fantastic, And here's their press release. Today we filed the first lawsuit challenging President Trump's new tariffs on all China imports. He imposed it under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, a law that lets presidents freeze assets or block transactions during real national emergencies. It does not let them rewrite US tarifflaw. Congress has exclusive constitutional power to set tariffs. It already did so through detailed statutes.
Speaker 3: The President can't sit step.
Speaker 2: That by invoking vague emergency authority that says nothing about tariffs. A client, Simplified is a small Florida business owned by Emily Lee. She sells premium planners and home products that empower women. Her company imports goods from China that aren't available here, and she's already paid steep tariffs. The new Trump tariffs will drive her costs through the roof and force her to raise prices or cut back. Okay, so they are suing this. They write about the law. The law doesn't give president Okay. So here's what they say. Here's the bottom line. No president has ever used i ee PA this way, not even Trump in his first term. This tariff violates the constitution separation of powers, the Major Questions doctrine, and the non delegation doctrine make clear no executive can seize the legislative authority to impose economic policies of quote vast political economic significance unquote without a.
Speaker 3: Clear explicit directive from Congress.
Speaker 2: The law doesn't give the president this power, the constitution doesn't allow it, and the courts shouldn't tolerate it. We are asking the court to vacate the tariff and block its enforcement because if presidents can start taxing Americans by emergency order, the constitutionals limits on power don't mean much at all. I agree completely, So I support this lawsuits one hundred percent. I think they're absolutely right. I very much hope that judges block these tariffs, and they block it sooner rather than later. I hope this goes to the Supreme Court. I hope this court does a good job of basically criticizing and maybe vacating all these emergency power acts and institutions are presidents and all the rights violations that they have involved over many, many, many years. So some people are standing up against this, and yep, okay, final points are make and I made this yesterday, but it's worth making again to a large extent, that tariffs are pop play to a large extent, that tariff's are way for Trump to flex his muscles, their way for him to gain attention, their way for him to force global leaders and corporate leaders to come and grovel before him, Their way to get them to kiss his ring, to realize he's got real.
Speaker 3: Power in the world.
Speaker 2: And they give him that thrill of making everybody in the world dependent on him. He is a center of attention. He is the man that everybody's going to fly to see. He is the man that they're going to take out to dinner for a check for five million dollars. This is the most.
Speaker 3: Crony what is it?
Speaker 2: A swamp friendly legius, you know, economic policy. Ever, ever, it's truly a disaster. All right, we'll call that the news for Sunday, April sixth. Again, I'll be back to a more systematic presentation of the news starting on Wednesday. Starting on Wednesday, but this will have to do for today. Now, we've got some questions, but we're way off our targets. So our first our target is two hundred and fifty dollars. We've got about one hundred and fifty to go, So please consider supporting the show with a sticker with the question questions are great because I get to answer them. You know, if anybody out there is we don't have a single twenty dollars question, which is very unusual. So those of you so inclined, it would be great if you jumped in with twenty fifty one hundred, five hundred dollars questions.
Speaker 3: Get us past that goal.
Speaker 2: Don't, don't, don't let the goal be not reached. We've got the first hour goal of to fifty in the second hour goal of life hundred.
Speaker 3: Also a reminder to.
Speaker 2: You can support the show on Patreon patreon dot com and just put your one book show and you can become a monthly supporter of the show. All right, let's jump into this. Nephel, thank you for the sticker. We've got a number of stickers here, actually, Barbara, thank you for the sticker. And I saw I think Sylvanas was a Silvanas who did a sticker here. Savannahs yes, Savanas a sticker, and Jonathan Honing a sticker, So thank you Cold Savage. Thank you guys for the stickers. Really really appreciate Barbara. Another one, no, no, no, no on same one. Okay, thank you guys. I very much appreciate it, but we need a lot more so coming over value for value a trade. It's late at night here in Israel, you know, all right, So yeah, we're probably gonna make the short and equal to reality says nice made it live on dying for once. Good job, good job. Yeah these days, given I'm doing for Israel, it's a much better time for anybody in the UK, like equal to reality. I c. Saracen, what's your view on reports about Israeli killing Palestinian children?
Speaker 3: Is it true or not?
Speaker 2: I don't know what reports you're talking about, but do Palestinian children die during this war? Sure, the collateral damage to the fact that as Well is fighting to defend itself and in a war, children die. It's the one population that is mostly innocent. Also, there is one question is what constitutes a child. Hamas trains Palestinian children starting in age eight fourteen? Is a fourteen year old, a sixteen year old, the seventeen year old? Are they children that they count as children? But a Palestinian children dying in Gaza? Yeah, probably, probably in lesser numbers than are reported, but they're probably dying because they the terrorists, the Ramas are hiding among civilian population, and the only way to fight them is by taking the fight to the civilian populations, and the civilians are going to die.
Speaker 3: Who is morally responsible for their death?
Speaker 2: The moral responsibility for the death of every Palestinian child is on Hamas. It's on those who initiate force, not on those of polar trigger. Those are polar trigger fighting in self defense. The cause, the reason they're fighting is the initiation of force Bahramas and other Palestinian.
Speaker 3: Other Palestinian.
Speaker 2: Militants, okay, also icy Saracens. There was a video of an Israeli hostage kissing is tramasq. Is it fake or is it genuine? It's probably genuine, but it's probably done on the duress. You know, these hostages don't love their Hamas captors. They're not enthusiastic about it. They've been treated horrifically, not horribly horrifically. They were dragged from their homes, they were kidnapped. They don't They're not kissing the Harmas hostages because they like them. They may be kissing the Harama sasages because somebody put a gun to their head and said you better kiss the thing because we're gonna put it on TV. I think it's pretty disgusting to assume anything otherwise. But yes, so it might be true, it might be real, but it is a consequence of corrosion by Hamas. No hostage is loves his captor and enjoyed his captivity. Stephen Katz, what do you think of the odds are becoming an actuary after being a lawyer. What kind of things can I do to have a chance. I mean, I don't see any reason why not. You would have to study actuarial science. You would have to, you know, study for it. I don't see why you couldn't go and get a degree in actual science. That's the step you would have to take. Actual science is not easy. It's a m it requires deep mathematical skills, real mathematical skills, and it's it's complicated. I don't think you can go just from lawyer to actuary. I think you would have to get a degree. And there are places that are universities specialize in actuarial science, and that's where I would go.
Speaker 3: IC service.
Speaker 2: And you say these hostages are being starved the torches, but there are videos of them saying they've been app they're being well kept, some saying they were protected. A lot of them say that because they're trying to protect the hostages that are still left over. But as somebody who knows, people who know the hostage' is firsthand, the stories that they tell, not to the media, but in person, the stories that they tell are stories of horror, horrific conditions, the stories of of of and and we know this because of the forensic Effidets on the ground. Are being kept alone in the dark, being beaten, being provided very little food, are being provided, very little, if minimal, what do you call medical treatment are being you know, some of the hostages are being murdered in cold blood. Many of them are being beaten to the point where they died. Those the bee Bus babies, the babies, we're talking babies six months, What the exact ages were they were killed. They were murdered in cold blood. Their mother murdered in cold blood. We don't know what else was done to her, but one can only imagine. Uh, I don't know, you know, given the videos that Hamas filmed on October seventh, the barbaric, animalistic behavior that they engaged in, the raping, the torturing, the burning, Why would you even think that they would be treat their hostage as well. These are barbarians. They've proven themselves to be barbarians, and they have prided themselves on their barbarity. They videotaped this, they put it up on social media, they relished it. Dragging goals through the streets, dragging the bodies of women through the streets. I mean, these are not actions or civilized human beings. So why would you make any positive assumptions about anything that they do? And finally, they taking hostages, They're taking people of their homes and they are imprisoning them against their will, Why would you assume they treat them well under those conditions. I find it bewildering that you would even make that exception. Of course, it's not true. You know, I just watched video today of one of the hostages describing how horrible the treatment was that she was under. Well, she was aug one of the released hostages. They are dozens of these videos. You don't have to you know, maybe you're watching some propaganda channels of ramas pro rama sympathizers who are chooses a few exceptions of hostages that were maybe treated the simply versus the many, many, many videos of hostages that have been treated awfully, plus the first hand of testimony that the people who've actually talked to hostages that being released have talked about it. Yeah, Jennifer says, this icy guy is dishonest. There's something going on there. I mean, clearly his questions, all right, Michael, how does Trump think destroying everyone's stock portfolio is supposed to help his legacy? Narcissists care about legacy, Nihilists don't. I think he's talked himself into believing that there will be a turnaround. He's talked himself into believing that the long term consequence of this are all going to be positive. That's going to be manufacturing back home, that there's going to be this golden age, and this is the temporary, short term. I think he stalked himself into that, and I think they will keep making arguments, you know, suggesting that this is the case. But you know, I really do think that he's at a point where what he really cares about is getting back at the people he believes have her to him, including Wall Street, and I think that he has nihilistic tendencies are now stronger, maybe than his narcissistic ones. But you know, he can be a nihilist and irrationalizes narcissism. He's rationalized that he will have a legacy by assuming that something good will come of this, or that by doing this he is destroying his enemies and destroying the enemies of America, and therefore there will be positive consequences by eliminating the enemies of America. You know, it's very difficult to analyze an irrational, completely irrational mind. It's not like people are pure narcissism, pure nihilism and pure pragmatism and pure mafiosa. People a mishmash of a lot of different things. On any given day, one of those might motivate them. Again, irrationality is inconsistency. It's inconsistent by its very nature. Frederick, I missed yesterday's show, but I want to second yesterday's on the LeRoy's message. YBS withdrawal is real. I'm glad you're safe and the WiFi hasn't caused trouble so far. Thank you, Frederick. And uh, Unfortunately the next two months are going to be spotty when it comes to your on book shows. Now, not that there won't be a lot. There'll be a lot, but they won't be as consistent as they have been in the last few months, and they won't be as consistent as.
Speaker 3: Afterwards because of the travel. So that is the reality.
Speaker 2: Neil. You have Gallant's latest interview highlights actions Israel could have taken but b be refused a much he must watch for insights and discussion. Yeah, I I recommended. I think Gallant was generally a force for the good within the Nataniel government, particularly in the first days after October seventh.
Speaker 3: Again, I have said this for years.
Speaker 2: Netao is a coward, a procrastinator, a power lusting, you know, narcissist who has done more harm than good for Israel and should have been kicked out as Prime Minister immediately after October seventh. I think somebody like Gallant could have done just.
Speaker 3: As good a job.
Speaker 2: Indeed, I think he could have done a much better job in Ntennio. I'm more anti Nitenial today than I've ever been in the past. Stephen, this actually had no actual experience, has few tech skills. But I passed the first two tests a long time ago. Does that change your answer? You know, I don't know. I'm not an expert on the actual field. I don't know what it's going to take. You passed the tests a long time ago.
Speaker 3: I don't know if.
Speaker 2: It's worth retaking them. It might be, or if it's worth brushing up on the content. But you know, I think it's I think it's going to be challenging to be hired unless you can convince the employers that your skill set is fresh, that you know that it's clinton, it's fresh, you've been a lawyer. How would they know you'll know how to do the job.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Stephen. I hope this is awful. I'm not sure it is.
Speaker 1: I c.
Speaker 3: Saracen.
Speaker 2: You are making it sound like it's Qatar, not Iran that is the threat to as well. No, Kata's not a threat to Israel directly. Kata just has a lot of money. Iran doesn't. And Iran provides huge quantities of money to Gaza, but so does Qatar. You know you can have two enemies, not just one. The main enemy of Israel in the Middle East is Iran, but Qatar is a funder of terrorism. Qatar is a supporter of Ramas. Qatar is a supporter of Sunni extremism, Sunni Islamism and therefore particularly from Syria. Now Qatar is very close to the new Syrian regime. It is a threat and it needs to be dealt with as a threat.
Speaker 3: And the fact that.
Speaker 2: Israel is allowing Qatar to help with the negotiations with Hamas is a disgrace.
Speaker 3: First of all, they shouldn't be negotiations, but they certainly should not be.
Speaker 2: Moderated by Qatar. Qatar is not a disinterested party. Qatar is clearly a Hamas ally, and it should be treated as a Hamas ally.
Speaker 3: So I don't think Israel has much choice because.
Speaker 2: The US thinks Qatar is an ally or behaves as if Katara is an ally, in spite of all the evidence.
Speaker 3: Of the contrary.
Speaker 2: An add to that that Qatar is the number one supporter of American universities. It provides more funds to American universities than any other institution out there, and that support is unbelievably corrupting of American universities because Qatar is dedicated to an Islamist ideology. Now, that doesn't make it the number one thread in the Middle East. It's a tiny, low country. It has money, but it has nothing else. The number one thread in the Middle East is Iran. It's the ideological home of Islamism, and it actually has missiles and an army and the potential for nuclear weapons. It doesn't mean we should have ben Qatar. You can have one with one enemy. You can have more than one threat. You can have more than one country that presents a threat to you. Demon you see the video of Trump posted, didn't make about him trying to bring stocks down. Yes, yesterday, I think to fill the treasury to get fed to lower interest rates. Apparently White House responded that it isn't trying to lower stocks. Yeah, I mean I'm sure they did. I mean, I'm sure that video scared them and the Trump would retweet it, retweet it. But yes, there is the theory out there that what the Trump administration would like is a recession. A session would force the Federals off to lower interest rates. Lower interest rates would reduce the interest payments that the government has to make on its debt, which would reduce the deficit, which would then lead to what to a batter economy, which would then raise interest rates that would then increase payments on the debt. I mean, look, you can play games. You could pretend that all this works. It doesn't. All this is a disaster. None of it will work, and a recession. A recession actually reduces revenues to the government. If companies don't make as much money, then they pay less taxes. If individuals lose their jobs, they don't pay taxes. If individual they actually start drawing on benefits, more people go in welfare, and people's incomes go down, so they pay fewer taxes. So a recession actually reduces revenue, so it doesn't help the deficit that much. Even if interestates come down. In the meantime, you're destroying people's lives, You're causing real economic harm. You're setting in America backwards. It's going to have to catch up somehow. It's just an unmitigated from beginning to end disaster. And you know, there's no guarantee that interstates will indeed go down, because it's possible. Then inflation picks up as interstates go down, and then the Fed has to increase interest rates. There's one way you can solve all these problems. Cut coment spending, cut come and spending a lot, and at the same time county regulations. That's the formula of economic growth. That's the formula of economic success. Cut goverment spending a lot, and cut regulations a lot. That'll do it, Nrick trumpstaffs is class warfare against Americans of the mind, for those of the muscle. But it's not. Trump's tariffs is a war against all working Americans. Doesn't matter mind or muscle. Right, even the working class who works with their muscles still use their mind. And the reality is that this is an attack about against every working productive every American working in a productive job. This is a war against them.
Speaker 3: It's destructive to them.
Speaker 2: It will lower their quality of life, it will lower this stand of living.
Speaker 3: Store Brust.
Speaker 2: If you had a five year time span to invest one hundred thousand Israeli schickel, would you stay away from stocks and invest in bonds? Split hap bonds and the other half as simply five hundred. I don't give investment advice. You know.
Speaker 3: This depends on.
Speaker 2: What your other assets are, your income is, what your job prospects are, depends on a million different things. I hold you a million different things. But you know right now, in this environment, which bonds would you choose? Israeli bonds, American bonds, Dollar bonds, Shehakel bonds. There's too many factors here that even if I wanted to give you financial advice, and I don't that you would have to take into account in thinking about this. But it might be a good idea to hold cash for a little while, just to see how things shake out. Jennifer, there were just anti Trump protests here, but it wasn't hands off my freedom, it was hands off my free stuff. Yes, I mean that's the problem that there is no pro freedom movement in America to the extent that the Tea Party maybe was a little bit somewhat. That has those tea parties of all renegged on those ideas and adopted statism of one form or another. So yes, So what's left is keep your hands off my medicare small I want smaller government, but keep your hands off my medicare. Silvanas, thank you coming in with fifty bucks. I appreciate it. Did you see Ben Shapiro came out against tariffs? Is there any hope Ben mitigates the tariff manness in the right. Yes, I saw that Ben came out against taifs. Good for Ben, uh, I hope he's waking up to the evil that is Trump, and to how horror built Trump is. Can he mitigate the madness in the right? I I doubt it. I I looked at generally, there is a significant portion of the right that is that is still somewhat economically literate, that n understands that that understands that tariffs are wrong. I think if everybody else is beyond educating, I think they're mindless Trump zombies. And I think many of Ben's audience is a mindless Trump zombie. And I think the comments he is probably getting I haven't looked to see what comments he gets, but the comments he's probably getting is he doesn't understand afore d chest that Trump is playing, which is the comments you get all the time. These are the comments that are popular out there. I don't know how Ben escapes that. But good for Ben for coming out against the tariffs. I don't think he has enough sway on the right to improve the right in dramatic fashions, but it still is good to have some voices on.
Speaker 3: The right.
Speaker 2: That get it, that see it, that are that are you know, not necessarily the conventional voices that get economic liberty on the right, but you know, Ben Shapiro's all over the place. I guess it's good to see somebody who supported Trump to some extent realize that this is really, really bad now. Whether that he's willing to say that it was a mistake to support Trump because of this, I don't think he is, but it is good to see that he's doing this, and I hope more voices come out against the tafts. I mean, even who else did I see? I think that a lot of people who are beworlded by the at best by the tariffs, but there also a lot of people just buy into it and rationalize it and rationalize it and rationalize it and rationalize it. Yeah. I mean, here's one, right, William Backman. Trump is playing cards. He is the guy at the blackjack table who scares out the players away so he can go one on one with the dealer.
Speaker 3: That's just not true.
Speaker 2: Trump is the mafiosa boss who base is flexing his muscles, willing to kill his own people in order to show how tough he is and to scare everybody else into submission. But he's acting like a pure mafia boss who is willing to sacrifice anything in anybody for his own grandeur and his own power.
Speaker 3: But it's nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean, to play blackjack, you have to think.
Speaker 3: And and.
Speaker 2: Who is the who is the dealer in this metaphor? Who is he up against? Trump is a thoroughly destructive force at this point. Yeah, Nrick says, Elon came out against Tavis. Yeah, I mean, I think Elon gets it. Elon's not an idiot. And again, you don't have to be that smart, but you need. You know, anybody with a basic knowledge of economics knows that tariffs don't make any sense. You can rationalize them, you can pretend, you can attribute to Trump all kinds of stuff. But the reality is he's a moron. He is a thuggish moron. He's not smart, he's not able. He doesn't understand, he doesn't have any conception of the meaning and benefit of trade. Yeah, he is a thuggish moron. He's a thug and a moron, as most mafia bosses I think are well. I mean, Mha says, if he's such a great mafia boss, why isn't he the mafia boss? Because he's figured out, at least late in life, that the ultimate of being a mafia boss is to use these skills in politics. He has a lot more power than any mafia boss. He has the nuclear codes. Why would he be a mafia boss if he has the nuclear codes? The mentality of him off your past. Could the nationwide turn out Saturday be less about hands off and more about frustration with governor overreach? I think it's a combination. I think a lot of different people are coming out. But at the turnout wasn't that big? I don't think. I don't think it's it's meaningfull. It's the country's still not pissed off enough anywhere near enough to have a real impact and and bring about real change. It's letting Trump get away with way too much. Oh god, my mouse is behaving weirdly. I'm not sure why. All right, I don't know what's going on here. Computer stop? Huh yeah, not sure what's going on. Once eirned, the mouse is basically not working. Let's see. I think I need to close some windows. By the way, you know the kiss of the Hamas guy that uh was mentioned? Oh yeah, the guy who did the kiss actually said he was forced to do it by his captors. He had no choice, he wanted to be released, he had to do the kiss. So I don't know why you would attribute it to anything, but something like that. Okay, not sure what's going on with my computer, but something's weird's happening. But we'll keep going as long as I can, as long as ah it's like the mouse is fighting me.
Speaker 3: Anybody know what this is about? All right?
Speaker 2: Michael says, the American people are turning on Trump. This is a very healthy sign. I hope, so, I hope. So I'm just not seeing. I'm not convince the numbers a day yet.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: And if you know it, does it go beyond the regular leftist people who would be against Trump anyway? Is it broader than that? I hope so. But it's still too early to say, Michael, we hate in others what is missing in ourselves? I don't think that's true. I don't think that's true. Yeah. I think why you hate is completely a function of your own psychology and your own ideas. So yeah, I don't buy that people haven't got enough going on.
Speaker 3: Envy is a distraction from.
Speaker 2: Their own growth or lack of it.
Speaker 3: No, envy is not a distraction.
Speaker 2: Envy is a I think, driven by both particular psychology and a particular set of ideas built up presentment against achievement and success against the good and it's basically envy is an admission of one's own lack of goodness, when his own weakness, one's own failings. I don't think it's about not being busy enough. Okay, Michael, Are we really going to let Trump destroy the global economy to protect this fragile ego? Yeah, it looks like the American people are exactly going to do that. And it could be that the court stop it. That would be amazing if they do. But other than of course, I don't see who's going to stop him. Congress is not. You'd think Congress should stop him, but it does not look like Congress is willing to do their job. Republicans are too cowardly to actually do it. Democrats will do it because it's a Republican now, because they believe in anything. Republicans are just too cowardly to go up against them, which is pretty horrific, right, Neo. If you were the president of the Israel, how would you proceed with handling relations with the US? Well, I mean I would proceed with caution. I look, I don't know, you'd have to really think about it. I would basically say that I am going to do what, as they say, to defend the state of Israel, to state to do what my government. I would try to convince the Americans to go all in on Gaza. I try to convince the Americans. I would basically lower all tariffs to zero in Israel. I think that there's nothing that could boost the use of the Israel economy more than creating a basically a free trade island in Israel what Bexit should have been, you know. Basically, lower tariffs generally in Israel to zero would incredibly enhance the Israeli economy. I would deregulate on a massive scale, massive scale. I would just focus. If I were Prime Minister of Israel, I would focus on making Israel as strong as it could be, and then go to America and say, look, we need your support. We'd like you to support us, but this is what we're going to do because this is our lives are on the line. Please help us, and in particular, we need your help with you on. And I wouldn't I wouldn't grovel, I wouldn't try to get these tariffs reduced. I wouldn't make that a big deal, you know. I would just encourage I would try to convince other countries to buy Israeli good, but I would you don't want to destroy your relationship with the US as well. Has no replacement for that, and it needs to be able to buy weapons from the US, and it needs diplomatic cover that the US gives it. On the other hand, it can give up on its ultimate goals, which where the where the life of Israeli citizens depends on achieving. All right, let's see. Yeah, sorry, guys, I'm not sure what's going on here. Yeah, that's trying. Yeah, it's not helping. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Okay. As a Turk economy.
Speaker 2: This week, I've watched my portfolio sync below the principle, below the principle I have invested. It's an awful feeling. Hopefully the courts can thwart this maniac. Yeah, I hope so too. I hope so too. You know, for all of our sakes, for all of our portfolio sakes, let's hope that the courts so Congress, maybe we'll wake up and actually stop this guy.
Speaker 3: Esoteric dichotomy.
Speaker 2: Several older folks at my work are mostly Trumpsts, schewing the terrorist deportations, even though they affect our business.
Speaker 3: It's upsetting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so an American. It's so horrible to see Americans behaving this way. It's sad, really really really sad.
Speaker 3: Somebody says, check the battery with them us.
Speaker 2: It's not a battery.
Speaker 3: It's the built in.
Speaker 2: Trackpad on my laptop. And it's built in so it doesn't have a separate battery. Whoops, weird. Okay, Cam'm gonna just shut down because it's too hot. That's a new one. I'll try to turn it back on. Didn't run out of thatttery, it.
Speaker 3: Was just too hot.
Speaker 2: Go figure. All right, Well almost done, guys, And given all these technical problems for public time, and it's getting late here anyway, let's see what is What's amazing is how many people just don't care or actually think it's good, and so much wealth has been destroyed. Too much. Yes, I agree completely, it's the how many people don't care. What you need is the American people to be really really upset and really really pissed off. That's what you need, and that I don't see yet. It might still happen as the country potentially spirals into recessions, certainly into slowing economic growth. Then we'll see what Americans are willing to do or not do. How are they gonna make their voices heard? Huh the mouse is suddenly working fine?
Speaker 3: Alright?
Speaker 2: Uh, Gulag, can you help me understand trade deficits in your mind? Why do people find them to be such an issue? What is the impact of a large trade deficit? I? There is no impact of a large trade efficit. I mean the impact of a large trade deficit is a common account silplus. That is that more investment get made in your country than your country than people in your country make in other countries. That is, the dollars flow back. That that is what happens. That's the impact of a large trade deficit. There is no negative impact. There's no nothing bad, there's nothing wrong, there's nothing problematic, there's no impact. Some countries run trade surpluses, like Germany has a big trade surplus. That's not good.
Speaker 3: That's not bad. That just is.
Speaker 2: It's it's the way the particular economy is structured and it's relationship to other economies. So you can't learn a lot from trade surpluses or trade deficits. Generally, rich countries that have gone up the value chain, that are producing more higher value goods or services. In America's case, run trade deficits because people in other countries want to invest in those countries and therefore want dollars in One of the ways in which they get the dollars is by producing goods and selling into Americans. And they produce a lot of goods and sell a lot of them to Americans, and then the dollars flow back into America's investments, which is part of the reason why people are willing to invest in production to sell to America.
Speaker 3: So a trade deficit is simple.
Speaker 2: I go to the grocery store, I leave my dollars and take the groceries. I got a trade deficit with the grocery store. And as long as I'm productive and as long as the grocery store productive, that's a win win situation. I am productive somewhere else which allows me to make them money to be able to go to grocery store and buy stuff in the grocery store.
Speaker 3: As long as it runs.
Speaker 2: A profit on that trade, it's better off. So like your relationship with the grocery store and the relationship between in international trade, it is the same. It's healthy as long as both parties are better off from the trade, and as long as both parties are productive. If the United States just printed money and then went and bought that money, used their money to buy stuff from other countries, other countries wouldn't sell to America because they would say, wait a minute, you're just putting money like this, no tomorrow, and you're using that money that money is not worth anything. The value of the dollar would plummet. We don't want your dollars. We don't want to sell to you because the dollars are worthless. The very fact that people are willing to sell us goods means that they value the dollar, that they want dollars, willing to take dollars in exchange for their goods.
Speaker 3: It's a good sign. It's a positive.
Speaker 2: Sign, Yeah, Publius says, which is true.
Speaker 3: America had a trade s plus during the Great Depression. Yeah. Partially because of smooth Holly.
Speaker 2: The tariffs are from nineteen thirty, and partially because whoops, now it's gone back again to not working, And partially because when you're in a depression, nobody wants to invest in you, and therefore they don't want your Cuncy Michael says, modern psychology. Ah, there we go, No, got it worked a second ago? What did they do differently? Modern psychology seems to think the ego is there to protect you from shame and embarrassment, not to cultivate and produce pride and self esteem. Well, but it depends what you mean by bout it.
Speaker 3: Psychology.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's cognitive behavior therapy believes that, but it is kind of Freudian. That's very Freudian attitudes. So some modern psychology believe that. And I think these kind of views actually less popular in psychology today than they were maybe forty fifty years ago. Kind of these fortyan views.
Speaker 3: Robert, recipical tariffs.
Speaker 2: Reciprocal tariffs make as much economic and moral sense as a cypical slave labor. And that amount of sense is less than zero, yes, or recipical shooting of the knee, as I like to say. It doesn't make any sense. Nothing about this makes sense. Michael, looks like Musk had a melt down with Trump over these tariffs. I hope that's right. That would be good. I'll have to check that out. I haven't seen that again. I mean with family the last few days haven't really been following the news like I really usually do when I do these new shows. We'll get back to that routine once I get back home soon, very soon. Mh eight. Thank you a yell a yell yell oo. Thank you appreciate the sticker.
Speaker 3: You can still support the show.
Speaker 2: By the way, guys with stickers, We've got two last questions. So if you're going to do it, do it soon. All right, what's going on? This is so weird. I don't think I've ever had this happen to me on my laptop. All right, Michael. Michael says, I'm listening to Ronald Reagan's old speeches on tariffs and free trade. He was spot on. How far were you falling? Yes, I mean Reagan was amazing in a lot of his speeches. He gave really good speeches. It's his actions that weren't always that good. I mean, the reality is that Reagan imposed tariff's Reagan imposed you know, voluntary quotas on Japanese cause he didn't live up to his free trade rhetoric anymore than he lived up to any of his other free market rhetoric. Which is sad. But yes, we have come a long way, a long way from Reagan to Trump. How how low has the Republican Party sunk? It really is hard to believe. It's not the same political party anymore. It's a completely different political party. All right, Jack, thank you Ron. I appreciate the knowledge I gained from you, not just from here but your books also. Thank you, Jack, really appreciate that. And Jacob says Elon came out urging free trade, free movement of talent immigration between the.
Speaker 3: US and Europe.
Speaker 2: Trump, Elon Bronemance has a few months left to live. I saw rumors that Trump was that Elon Musk was leaving Doge. Who knows that could happen any day now.
Speaker 3: So yeah,