Speaker 1: Still waiting on Daniel, fix my mic He needs.
Speaker 2: Sounds nice check one.
Speaker 1: He needs a tool to fix my a tool. We're gonna find out if we got some tools in the story, Djo.
Speaker 3: This one's pretty obvious, but I had to share it anyway. Let's call this woman Judy. Hey Judy, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Gdy, that's my that's my Clark gable gid.
Speaker 4: Judy said that she and her fiance are set to be married in three months, and they've chosen a catered menu that we love, with a mix of options including steak, salmon, and a vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Dish over the top.
Speaker 4: Her future sister in law, Maggie, has recently gone vegan and informed the bride that her wedding menu will not work for me. Of course, she demanded that I work with the caterer to add a fully vegan entre just for her.
Speaker 3: She's asked me to change the cake.
Speaker 4: Flavor to a vegan one so she can eat too, But obviously I shut her down before she could even explore.
Speaker 3: This idea further good.
Speaker 4: After telling Maggie that she'd already finalized the menu and signed the contract, it further developed. She didn't take it well and accused me of being inconsiderate. Now my future mother in law is involved, saying Maggie feels excluded and I should just add one vegan meal because it's not that hard to accommodate her.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Adding a vegan entre requires renegotiating the contract and paying extra fees, which I'm not willing to do this close to the wedding. Then she found out Judy did that. Maggie contacted the wedding caterer herself. Two hours ago, I got a call from the caterer. Apparently Maggie had contacted them, pretending to be me, asking for a menu revision.
Speaker 2: I already got it solved.
Speaker 1: I don't believe any of it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I don't believe any of it.
Speaker 2: He got solved, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: She requested them to add five new vegan dishes. Not only did Maggie make the request, but she confirmed that adding another fifteen hundred dollars to the budget would be fine. When confronted, Maggie did not offer an apology, but said, I was just trying to fix your mistake. If you're not going to take initiative to provide for your guests. At least let me do it for you. I told her she crossed a line if she couldn't respect my choice, so she didn't need to come to the wedding. I'm standing my ground, says Judy. Am I a tool.
Speaker 2: You're not a tool. I got solution you ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: You don't buy the vegan meal, but when the meals are served, you go over and you put a big fat cucumber, a whole cucumber on her plate. And see, here's your vegan meal. If you don't like it, go blank yourself.
Speaker 1: All right, well let's not try that now. Why why of all, let's dive into do you trust a Judy or do you trust a Maggie?
Speaker 2: Judy?
Speaker 1: You is a normal who's the more devious in room? Is a Judy seems like more of a judas to me? No, no, no, Maggie, Maggie seems solid. Or as Maggie, Maggie.
Speaker 2: The cat who was the vegan?
Speaker 1: Maggie is the vegan.
Speaker 2: Oh then yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Question is simple, Stann tasked. All right, yeah, Judy or Maggie. Who do you trust more? Judy Maggie? Judy?
Speaker 3: Probably a Judy?
Speaker 2: Judy?
Speaker 1: You trust Judy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normal, Yeah, because I'm going to Saint Jude.
Speaker 3: But I trust I trust the margaret.
Speaker 1: It is more trustworthy. All right, let's get it. So when the story started, I said, I wonder if she said, can you please just give me one vegan meal? And then that the sister heard. Because people don't hear what you say. They hear what they want to hear.
Speaker 2: Here he is taking the side of the vegan.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that sometimes when they say, oh, is there any way you could get like one vegan meal, the sister translate that story into she demanded a vegan meal after we ordered all of our That's not the case.
Speaker 2: I've never read a meta vegan that didn't tell everybody in the room that they were vegan.
Speaker 1: You listen, you can't even be objective about this story.
Speaker 2: Look at me.
Speaker 5: You should.
Speaker 2: I don't need anything with a face. You should recuse anything if it has nipples, it's not for me.
Speaker 1: If you should recuse yourself from this, oh okay, on not no nipple? Yeah, well he's got three nips.
Speaker 5: Got three?
Speaker 1: Listen, recuse yourself from this because you you hate vegans or.
Speaker 2: No, I don't hate vegans. No, I know there's some people have to be vegan back because of hell, there's some people because of Uh, it's just.
Speaker 3: Showing until Dave you said, I just don't.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think the mom's got something to do with this too. There's always mom. There's a conversation. So everything really escalated after the mom, right, So the mom didn't help the situation. So now she's calling the caterer and saying it's her. The caterer doesn't know who she is, and she did. She say she was her sister, Judy, sister in law.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sister.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think everybody in the damn thing is a tool. I think they could have fixed it pretty easily, and they don't. And this is what goes wrong with weddings because we promise our little girls we're going to have this perfect, stupid expensive day.
Speaker 3: Maggie is her husband to be his sister.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Oh, so here's what you do, her sister go to a nice restaurant, have somebody drop by a nice restaurant, get a vegan carry out meal and bring it to their wedding.
Speaker 2: Tell her to bring their own damn food served.
Speaker 1: You get the vegan nose if you're a vegan, you know how to handle yourself. You go get your own food.
Speaker 2: Is there a there's no salad? I mean there's gotta be salad. Just say you know what, don't eat the.
Speaker 1: Meat part, guarantee you. Becky Jennings does not make people change their damn menus. Probably she knows how to say, well, I'll eat before we go. That those are simple words to do with people that that were they serving, eat before you go. When you're on a diet. When you were dieting, remember what you do.
Speaker 2: I would take my own meals to restaurant.
Speaker 1: You would take your own meals or just eat. I didn't tell you to do that. I told you just eat before you.
Speaker 2: But I would. I would like, like if we had a dinner or something. I want to tell we had a record rep or something, we had to go and I took my own meal because because our meal preps just so.
Speaker 1: People like vegans, they know how to do this. This is unusual story. I think everybody's a tool. Get over it. Weddings. You know it's the tool, the wedding, the wedding, the wedding, that's the tool.
Speaker 2: Was it goober pile that did the Judy wasn't that Goober Pile?
Speaker 5: No, yeah, it was Googer.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was Goomer Pile.
Speaker 2: No, what Gomer is Goober's cousin. And they met these two girls from Mount Pilot and they were trying to get him, turn him on, They were trying to get with him, you know, And so he did the impression of Clark Gable or somebody.
Speaker 1: Said, thank you, Norm McDonald.
Speaker 2: You're so well you know, uh, smuggling from Mexico? News flash?
Speaker 1: Are you doing another stupid smuggling story? Which one is this?
Speaker 2: We should play smugglers blues.
Speaker 1: No, it's the only way to make it interesting. Go where are they smuggling drugs from Mexico?
Speaker 2: Were move it in Miami? Were selling it?
Speaker 3: A late he news everybody?
Speaker 1: Dang wait at wait wait, there's a there's a there's a smuggling drug story from Mexico.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go, So here we go on news RADIOA forty.
Speaker 1: W h A s No, you missed it, you missed it. No, it's news who it's a good song. Alright, tell us how did they stuff they stood? Did he stuff them in clay? Pussycats?
Speaker 3: Or I beg our band name?
Speaker 1: I had pussycats? That's good.
Speaker 2: Well it's not. Drugs are being smuggled over from the Mexico to US border. It seems as eggs are now being well this is this is, this is this is poor and part hang on.
Speaker 5: Like Glenn Froy was so good.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighties in Miami.
Speaker 5: He was so mad.
Speaker 3: Remember when all had like three agents.
Speaker 2: So so you know when Miami Vice and the cocaine cowboys and yeah, that blood, I mean it was just a river of blood Miami. You know who was who was down there at the time, Chief Rick Sanders.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was working Dea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's working Dea down there anyway. Yeah, it's eggs are being smuggled. Eggs in Mexico costs two thirds less.
Speaker 5: Than they do here.
Speaker 2: You can't keister those, yes you can, well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You got hard boil them first, depends on the keister.
Speaker 5: Oh true, d.
Speaker 2: Eggs in Mexico are two thirds less than they cost so here in the US. New data from the US Customs and Border Protection have shown the illegal egg imports are on the rise. As long as you declare them, you can bring some eggs over. It isn't a crime. But recent numbers showed that undeclared eggs confensation confiscation has risen up thirty six percent overall from the Texas board.
Speaker 1: They have to get rid of them too. So it's a shame.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's risen one hundred percent near the San Diego border.
Speaker 1: It's all coming down. The wholesale market is now down fifty percent, So eggs are down fifty percent on the wholesale. It hasn't reached your grocery store yet, you know, but it'll be there in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: How long does it take to grow a chicken? Okay, so it's been five years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what happened. COVID did this a lot with a lot of businesses didn't necessarily have to do with eggs. But so they lost money in COVID, some of them because the world shut down. So when they ramp back up, they said everything's more expensive because of YadA YadA. Well they gouged the US consumer to say we need to make our money back. Well, you know what happens, they put it at a certain point. They're not bringing it back down. No, So what happened was the DOJ said, hey, hey, hey, egg guy, we're kind of through this.
Speaker 2: Flu stop stop well, masogynistic bastard.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: How do you know it's not an egg lady?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, egg lady, it's twenty three dude. Hey, DOJ said, hey egg lady, there you go.
Speaker 2: Could be no, listen you non gender specific egg person, could be egg they Yeah, it could be them, egg them.
Speaker 1: So the DOJ said, hey, hey they egg person. Uh, we are you gouging? Because I think what we're gonna do is we're going to look into what you're really you're saying you're cost up because of this?
Speaker 3: Are they well?
Speaker 1: Are they not? So? Then magically we just found.
Speaker 2: A whole warehouse of chickens we forgot about. So now we're good, we're going to hold these prices.
Speaker 1: Magically, the number has fallen fifty percent after the DOJ said, are you gouging?
Speaker 3: Things that make you go?
Speaker 2: I just wish if they would have had a little mask for these chickens to wear during COVID that would have prevented everything. You don't want to see what they put them right there on their peckers.
Speaker 1: You don't want to see what they go through. You don't want to.
Speaker 3: I've seen it.
Speaker 2: I've seen a hatchery before.
Speaker 1: You don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: Oh you never I've seen a hatchery, and you never get it out of your mind.
Speaker 1: I can see how. I can see how people say, I'm done with chicken. I can't do this.
Speaker 2: You never get it out of your mind.
Speaker 1: It's there, you know. They get them fat so fast, they break their little legs so they can't come on. They feed them, They feed them with all this stuff, so they get so fat and their legs crushed, so it's all the and they have broken legs, so all of them are just kind of going and they kick them. And then they take bags like in the bags of the Doritos, and they just throw they don't open the bag, they just throw the plastic bag in it. It chops them all up, and that's what they're eating. I'm done. Yeah, I'm done. I'm good. And then when they kill them, they pull the pull their heads off, not cut their hair off, they pull the head off the body. I'm sorry, come back, it's okay, we'll talk. Uh, we'll talk basketball. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: You have to be talking about chickens and speaking of basketball.
Speaker 1: Basketball, basketball.
Speaker 2: The optics of.
Speaker 3: North Carolina, I agree, horrible.
Speaker 1: The governor.
Speaker 2: And that was explained to me last night in the in our Southern cover hot time.
Speaker 1: It was jack.
Speaker 2: When the in laws came over, I saw. I got two questions, what's a quad? And what does this mean? The optics of North Carolina are really bad. We talked about I said, well, I overheard in a conversation. I tried to use it for myself when they started talking at sports ball. So yeah, but you know what, that is horrible.
Speaker 3: It is horrible.
Speaker 1: And the fact that he got a bonus, that guy got a one hundred thousand dollars bonus from them, making it too all right, So West Virginia's government got to the podium yesterday and he was hammering the NC double A. Uh, talking about the difference when the governor is suing the NC double A. You know, the bracket is screwed up, but it doesn't matter. The bracket is in. You can't change it. It's an invite. Only West Virginia's out. It's wrong, wrong, wrong. What's gonna happen is that that not very good North Carolina team is gonna win a bunch of games and piss everybody off. That's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: And that's gonna affect the quads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: It affect the quads and the optics of the quads.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your analysis, Jim Beheim. But Louisville, I'm not scared of Creighton. They're good. All right, We're gonna have a home game in Lexington.
Speaker 4: They got the two best dunkers in college basketball, Okay, Scott and their dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm just in the country. Yeah, I'm in. I'm in. And we got rain back. We got the Australian guy. He's not related, not related to the guy. Where the what?
Speaker 2: There goes my bracket? I wanted to be the first to say it. I always gonna be the first to say it every year. That goes my Dammit, that goes my bracket.
Speaker 5: So stupid, you guys. Hear this story.
Speaker 4: Last week, a Peruvian fisherman was rescued. He was drifting at sea for ninety four days.
Speaker 1: I saw pictures. He looked way too fat to be at sea for ninety days. Okay, it's a lie.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with this sentence?
Speaker 4: Last week, a Peruvian fisherman was rescued after drifting at sea for ninety four days, surviving on birds turtles and cockroaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's wrong.
Speaker 3: He's a fisherman.
Speaker 2: Where's he getting the turtle?
Speaker 4: You can't catch a fish, right, that's true.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm telling you something's off. You know, Normally when people come off the boat after ninety days or sixty days, they're like emaciated. Right, look him up, he's he looks good.
Speaker 2: He wasn't emaciated. He looked full of maciated.
Speaker 1: Maximo Napa is his name, don't I don't something's off?
Speaker 3: Ninety four days and then the Turtle Society.
Speaker 2: Protesting when he got back. You know, that's you know why they thought him eating the turtles was shellfish.
Speaker 1: No, I knew it was coming.
Speaker 3: That was coming up.
Speaker 1: Man was putting a dollar in that you earned an hour ago.
Speaker 2: I'm off because your chicken story.
Speaker 1: The nineteen eighties. This guy is coming up the ramp with the press and everybody. There's a guy in a bad suit and he's opening a piece of gum and he says, yeah, it's something I don't like about it. Yeah, he's a detective. Detective putting a piece of come in his mouth. He goes, there's something I don't like about it.
Speaker 2: Everybody else is doing this. Yeah, that's open. It just surely he got fatter on cockroaches.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, he does not look like he's been at sea for ninety if you had a diet for ninety days of turtles every couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Is this a guy that wants to sell his story?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Look at unless he started at three hundred pounds, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Are we claiming this?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: So when he got back and not all the turtles were eating, do you think those turtles? Shelbrated?
Speaker 1: Oh no, put another dollar in. Come on, No, no, you don't get a rim shot for that. Shelebrated. No, you're trying too hard.
Speaker 3: You're a shell of yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are?
Speaker 2: What is that? What about that?
Speaker 1: Actually, Dave, you get a dollar out for a shell of yourself?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: It really is this. It's good and creative and you will be missed.
Speaker 2: You're like Shelbright.
Speaker 1: Shell a bread as long as you sang the song like that.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, break good time. Come, let's shelbrate.
Speaker 3: No, let's celebrate today.
Speaker 4: Lots of Pasta's anniversary is underway.
Speaker 1: D D Birthday.
Speaker 4: Everything is twenty percent off today. The family sized entrees, the coffee from around the world. The cheese is, the salad dressings, the sauces, the hot sauces, the meat, the chips, the dips. Everything at Lots of Pasta twenty percent off today.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you've never been Lots of Pasta, today is a great day to go do that. It's gonna be great. So stop on by, grab a little basket. When you walk in the door on the right. The deli is right there on the right. Order a sandwich right away. Go over there and get the cuban. Get a hot sandwich so they'll make it and make it in about five six minutes.
Speaker 3: And soup.
Speaker 1: They'll holler your name when it's ready. So when you order it, they're like, okay, give me a minute. You go shopping, do your thing, Grab the ravioli, grab some bread, do the spicy mottarella or whatever you got.
Speaker 3: Sit in the coffee shop.
Speaker 1: And sit in the coffee shop and hang out and wait for the yeah toner, and then you go get your sandwich. I mean, that's how it works at Lots of Pasta. And I've told this somebody there today. I said, go get the chicken gipolte pasta salt.
Speaker 3: The best pasta salad in the history of pasta salad.
Speaker 1: If it's not the best past salad you ever put in your mouth, I'll pay for it. I'm serious, I ain't lying. Lots of pasta, lots of pasta. Louisville dot Com back after this news Radio eight forty wh s all right, Daniel fixed the microphone? Go out, play John, play really in the years. We're on the air right now, Dude, what get out from underneath the board?
Speaker 2: I was getting ready to say that a blank word because my back. Why Hey, can you Mike mulroney in the show Shirley's Way, How are you doing, Mike?
Speaker 5: Are you man?
Speaker 2: We're doing great. You're gonna play really in the years with us?
Speaker 5: I'll try. I'm horrible checking.
Speaker 2: Out yesterday, right? Album nailed as soon as Montel Jordan's plays There you go, Hi.
Speaker 1: Dave, did let's do these.
Speaker 4: Top twenty hits back in the day? Yes, this was a top twenty hit. Bob and Doug.
Speaker 2: This is nineteen eighty two. Take Off to the Great White North is from their album who Look Look.
Speaker 3: Goo Goo Goo.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this was still charting in March. Man it's eighty two.
Speaker 1: I love that movie, and I love these guys. You know, before we started hating the Canadians, they hated us.
Speaker 2: Why are you coughing all over Maroney, dude, that's rude. We asked the guy to come in on his own time. He does, you cough on it?
Speaker 5: Sorry? Spreading the COVID as.
Speaker 1: I still which one was in the shrunk the kids?
Speaker 5: Oh he's not anyway with't he is not one of these guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rick Moranas and and oh Dave Thomas.
Speaker 1: He left Hollywood. People will make funny because they thought he was a loser. Was like, no, my wife died. I decided to become a dad.
Speaker 3: Of him because his last name is Marinus.
Speaker 2: It's actually it's pronounced Miranas.
Speaker 3: That's why he changed it.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, take Off to the Great White North featuring Geddy Lee of Rush, Slow it Down, Little River Band, Take it easy on me.
Speaker 2: Oh like eighty two possibly eighty three.
Speaker 1: Chicks dig it.
Speaker 2: I have no clue, Mike, Please remove your hand off my knee.
Speaker 5: I thought we were gonna dance.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 5: It's a good song to dance though, too, Michael Man, you could dance back in the eighties and I have to get in drops.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mario looked deep in my eyes right now. Don't know where you're going, Mari, Mario ran off or some I probably had to use the restroom.
Speaker 5: I don't even know who this is little river band.
Speaker 1: Uh, of course you those dances at that time, I'd actually go ask the teacher to dance instead. I was what was his name?
Speaker 3: You said, Look, yeah, it's stupid.
Speaker 5: You could get away with that.
Speaker 1: Back then, Hey, something I want something I won't miss in two weeks.
Speaker 3: It's got the Oakrage boys in here. Bobby Sue, I don't remember this at all.
Speaker 5: Eighty four eighty four? No, is it? I don't know I remember it though. In the eighties.
Speaker 1: There was some stupid movies music between eighty two and eighty four. I mean really like eighty two.
Speaker 5: This is Bobby Sue. Yeah, is this when line dancing started? Or no, this is when line dancing?
Speaker 1: This was?
Speaker 5: That's coming back.
Speaker 1: Bally Bars hated bars, hated it. I remember drink anything. Hated owns. Molly Malones are coyote said, dude, I hated Yes, it's packed, but they don't drink.
Speaker 5: They order waters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they show up and they all dance the same way together, and that's it.
Speaker 5: Drink water, you don't make money. That's when they started charging for water.
Speaker 2: You get guys like us that drink too much. We start goofing on them. Yeah, trying, you know, trying to fit in and get in there and start doing it with them.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of them were good looking women when so it was.
Speaker 4: This is a quirky list pac Man, pac Man, Fever, Buckner and Garcana two.
Speaker 1: It's eighty two eighty two. This is so dumb. Eighty two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's eighty two skating rink dass.
Speaker 2: Yes, it couldn't be eighty one, could it?
Speaker 1: It could be no no, no, could.
Speaker 2: Be no no no.
Speaker 5: I mean pac Man was huge back in the early eighties, so you're probably eighty one eighty two.
Speaker 1: Pac Man Fever. This is something I didn't want to remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah either, I like your eighty two.
Speaker 5: I think you're.
Speaker 4: Okay a couple of more. Let's get Olivia Newton John make a move on me.
Speaker 1: Eighty one.
Speaker 5: That's so cute videos or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right after.
Speaker 1: Greece physical, Physical and physics. She didn't do videos. She just did that video physical. Did she mets get physical?
Speaker 5: I thought she was doing like exercise back there in the VHS made millions.
Speaker 2: Did olive it in? John invent the toe?
Speaker 5: Very possible?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Whether wore I.
Speaker 1: Hate you serious?
Speaker 2: Some woman had invent the toe?
Speaker 1: The toe look and then the dog.
Speaker 5: John is like, she's just running. She's a saint, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: You're just you're, you're, you're that stuff that came out of Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 2: She could be. She could be the Saint of Camels. Okay, everybody has to have a saint.
Speaker 5: Denise Austin is the other. And I was thinking that she was on the news. She's like seventy something years old and she's still hot.
Speaker 3: This is the number one.
Speaker 2: So it's ninety eight two, Dave.
Speaker 1: I think we feel pretty good about eighty two. I don't think eighty three does it. I think that's too late. I think this is more of eighty one eighty two. If anything, it's lower than eighty two, not higher. We're gonna go nineteen eighty two. Yesterday Dwight hit it right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: Today nineteen old Joel dous Today, let's see.
Speaker 4: Jon Jat was number one March the eighteenth, nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Two, nineteen eighty two. I was scared of a roll. Call me, butter baby, because I'm on a roll.
Speaker 1: Who do we have Nobody?
Speaker 5: Pella?
Speaker 2: Oh, Pello winds indoors. How's that hitting bill? How's that air conditioning bill in the summer? Huh? Or just are you filling drafts? Let me ask you about your windows indoors? Pello windows indoors, baby, That's what I am talking about, the best, the best. Why do I say that? Because they're ranked number one and highest quality, number one in craftsmanship, number one and highest value. Plus you can Pello now and you can pay later. We're talking replacement windows, new construction, commercial projects. They offer installation on all of the projects. Vinyl fiberglass. Would you name it? Pella windows are just made in the USA. Oh contrere bonjour. They're right right here in Kentucky. You gotta see these beautiful Pella windows and doors for yourself. Go to twelve nine to ten Factory Lane. It's right over there, Gene Snyder and Lagrange. Or go to Pella Louisville dot com where you Campella now and pay later. Stick around. Mike mulroney from Shirley's Way joins the show after News News Radio eight forty whas watch me do this wave. Watch you ready smack that?
Speaker 1: Get what you're not giving it? Over here?
Speaker 2: I'll try to smack that.
Speaker 1: Oh I gotta hit records. Oh it is recording.
Speaker 2: Are always a party. When Mike mulrooney comes in on the show, Good to see Mike mulroney.
Speaker 5: How you doing wonderful? Thanks for having us.
Speaker 2: When it come on a.
Speaker 1: Minute, Mike mulrooney looks like the guy who's going to tell you how much the new tires are going to be on the Explorer. But you are an amazing person. Not that those people are not amazing, but you're an amazing person that has helped a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Oh well, we try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say it look like a male model slash rocket service.
Speaker 1: I smell new tires when I see mine.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we might have to start carrying tires that are.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about that. Let me let me tell you if you don't know who Mike mulroney is, where you've been. Mike mulrooney lost his mother to cancer. He says, there, that's not gonna be in vain. I'm gonna help people out in her name, starts this out on his own, grows it and does so, but he grows it in a big way. And I've never seen people reinvent charities and keep growing and growing like I have. Mike mulrooney in the entire staff at Shirley's Way last year alone, almost five million dollars you all give away the children, family schools, et cetera. Five million, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It's incredible. I kept looking at the numbers like how is this even possible? But it's it's been pretty incredible. We went a total different route than most organizations do and it's paid off for sure.
Speaker 1: People. Here's the thing. We get Dwight and Dwight and I Dave get We get calls like this all the time and they're like, we want to do this. Something's happened and they say we want to do something. They have no clue.
Speaker 5: And no funding and.
Speaker 1: No funding and no clue of what about is coming their way. And I always we always help, We go, We always go okay, but understand, this will consume you and if you don't get the right people, it will fail. It'll fail quickly. But you guys, you you. You got it up and running, and it's in These organizations don't always do what you guys do. Now, why did you guys work and some of these others don't.
Speaker 5: Well, they it's a lot of work. I have people all the time say I want to start a nonprofit. Can you help me? I'm sure, but let me talk you out of it, because, like you said, it will consume you. If you're out there just trying to do four or five events a year and do a few restaurant days, you're not gonna make any money. And we want a different because if you do events, you're constantly begging people to show up, constantly begging people for money. And I got tired of being the guy walking in the room and thinking I'm going to ask them for money. I didn't want to be that person. Yeah, so we went Charitable Gaming several years ago and it's been great. And then last year we decided to open these deals stores. People just kept wanting to donate stuff to us. I say, we don't have anything to do with this stuff. What do you want us to do with it? And so finally we decided to try and open a store. It's a second time around store and it's been phenomenal. People absolutely love the discount of shopping. They're getting it. But if you're going to start an organization and you have no way to raise money, you're gonna fail. I mean, we almost hung it up a few years ago because I got so tired of trying to come up with something creative, Because you got to come up with something that you're gonna you're gonna stand out from the rest on it. And it's tough to do in today's world.
Speaker 2: And you did it, and you and you and you continue to do it. Even the Shirley's Way, Shirley's Army shirts, those those are terrific killer but Shirley's Deals. You say, you don't wantos to start a second hand store, it's gonna benefit families here in little Kentucky. You start one, but then you grow up the four educations. How long does it take you to do that? And is there growing pains growing that quickly?
Speaker 5: Mike, there is. We started this year and I actually had to look. We opened our first one early last year in twenty twenty four. The spot next to our gaming facility office became available, so we knocked a hole through the wall remodeled the place and it looks like I told everybody, we're trying to bring back window shopping. So back today windows Macy's, haid mannequins and stuff, and we're trying to bring that back and that's great. Yeah, So we did that and we had so many things donated, we were running out of rooms. So we thought, you know, let's try and find another location. And that's what we did.
Speaker 2: Shirley's Way Mike mulrooney, he's the one that started it. And if you're not familiar with Shirley's Way, he gets familiar. It's one of the best charities around because it's local and it gives to local. And we're talking about there's families. If you, if God forbid, you come down with cancer, that's a big enough burden to share on your own facing cancer and going through treatment. But imagine if you're going through all of this and you can't pay your lg and E, you can't pay your rent, you can't make your car note. That's when you all step in, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do. We help people a lot, and we paid the bills directly. We don't just hand people money. But you know, it's interesting. Two weeks ago, Mary that works in their office said we got about ten people that need two thousand dollars before that they can have their surgeries for cancer. I was like, what is that and they said it's co pays and other stuff. So if they didn't have that two thousand dollars, they wouldn't have got their treatments. We had a lady yesterday that had surgery. She had to come up with eighty three hundred dollars before they would do her breast cancer surgery. Unbelievable a nurse eighty three hundred dollars she had to come up with before they would do the surgery. Oh no, it's disgusted.
Speaker 1: I believe it.
Speaker 2: Tony here had a heart attack. He's on the table. It's ninety nine percent blockage. And the insurance company said, well, we're not covering that.
Speaker 1: Mister Slank said, we're going to do it anyway because you are going to die.
Speaker 5: You know, you got a problem. When you're laying there sick and the finance person comes in to talk to you before they'll do the surgery, it's like.
Speaker 2: You're buying a car.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyway, by the way they ended up, they ended up covering it and it was and they were great.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 1: It didn't cost that a lot, It was good good.
Speaker 2: God Uh okay, Mike mulrooney, Shirley's Way, keep doing good for the neighborhood. How can people help Shirley's Way? How can they get the locations of all four stores, the whole bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Shirley's Weight out of org if you want to make a donation, But you know, it's tough for people to come up with money. Things are tight, eggs are expensive. So Shirley's Deals is a different way for people to help. So if they want to donate gently used items, we take them, resell them and use that money to continue pumping back in the community. Yeah, we have four spots now one we have two in Dixie Highway Valley and prp And we just opened one in He'll View off Preston next to the Beefo Brady's probably a month and a half ago. And we just did a ribbon counting in Brandenburg yesterday.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brandenburg is a cool little town.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Listen, Mike mulrooney, God bless you. I say, keep doing good for the neighborhood and come back in absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I need some michelans too for Explorer.
Speaker 5: Can you I'll get them donated?
Speaker 1: All right, Sausay Does, it's game day snacks, chips, caso, GUACAMOLEH. The mango salsa is back. Put that on your tacos today. That's exactly what we're gonna do, is go on by sa Does and get ourselves some tacos. I love that mango susa. You can't find it anywhere else. They make it from scratch in the back most of everything. The guacamole is made by two marias. There are two marias that make the guak every single day. It's fresh, it's delicious. Saucatas. Go to Salcertas dot com. Three location locations including sat Matthews, Middletown and shipperdsvoo. Back after this on news radio eight forty w a chance