Speaker 1: From the elections are beginning to come in.
Speaker 2: NBC will interrupt for any outstanding election developments.
Speaker 3: We would like to thank the Democratic and Republican parties for relinquishing their time that this program could be heard.
Speaker 4: The medical clients offers.
Speaker 5: Proved positive no other leading cigarette. It's you less nicotine, less throat irritating tars than the new, smoother, better tasting Raleigh.
Speaker 6: Ron Pollio the Raleigh Cigarette Program starring Red Scouting with David Forrester and his orchestra, a singing starrned Alice Gg, Perrison, Bernad Felton, Papa Wiful Cleth and you're a sully Rod O'Connor.
Speaker 4: That's a pleasure to.
Speaker 6: Bring himut for Golden Mares Popular Committee of the Star. They're all the singarette programs, Red Help, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And good evening, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Nine O three Rod, nine O three, Red Red Catcher. Let me in on that. Surely someone besides you knows what it means.
Speaker 3: Nine O three means, yes, Rod, there's only one other guy, Kilroy.
Speaker 4: Well, you know that beautiful girl that came in last week and said Nino three, Yeah, Well, I haven't kind of showing her around, thinking she might give me a clue, you know, like a picture. Yeah, she's pretty.
Speaker 3: As a picture too, you know, Yeah, she's in.
Speaker 4: Focus all over to.
Speaker 3: Say by the little laughing this week, I see, Yes.
Speaker 4: I read the small print in my contract. Yeah, could run away with a shell. I get along with your camera hobby.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I'm beginning to click now. I'm just getting onto my four by five speed graphic.
Speaker 4: What is that? Four by five mets?
Speaker 3: That means four out of five of my pictures come out blank?
Speaker 4: Was it hard to work a speed graphic?
Speaker 3: No, it's very simple. First you consult your light meter, then you check the distance finder, then you set your limbs opening, and then the shutter speed, and then click.
Speaker 4: And you've got a picture. No, you forgot to put the.
Speaker 1: Film man, but you had your own dark room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we forgot to pay the light bill last morning.
Speaker 4: Oh she did come back girl with that last week.
Speaker 7: Mister Skelton, I don't mean to bother you when you do. I was wondering you're interested in photography. Could I have prose for you sometime?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I really don't know.
Speaker 4: Well could you.
Speaker 7: Take my picture in a bathing suit?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's rather chilly for me to be running around the baiting.
Speaker 7: When you think it over and when you want to call me, I'm in the book.
Speaker 3: Well, can't be too choosy where we.
Speaker 4: Live these days.
Speaker 7: Good Bye, Now, I'll be seeing you, mister O'Connor nine o three, nine o three.
Speaker 4: Well, it looks like she's got your number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not even a.
Speaker 4: Well now, folks, we have a surprise for Red.
Speaker 6: Here's mister Koi Watson with the Los Angeles Press Photographers Association.
Speaker 3: Go here to buy me up.
Speaker 8: No, we finally decided to accept you as one of our members. Now that you've learned to operate your camera correctly, we want you to be one of us.
Speaker 1: Red.
Speaker 8: We've listened to your show and decided that you should really be a member.
Speaker 3: The boys like me.
Speaker 8: Huh yes, yes, we figured you'll be needing a job anytime at the rate you're going.
Speaker 3: Now, this is not my business. You know that my mother doesn't know that I'm on the radio or in pictures. At the fact, she's never seen me break her heart if she knew I was in show business. She thinks I'm a bookie.
Speaker 8: But seriously, Red, the Boys of the Los Angeles Press Photographers Association recognize you, as do thousands of others, as one of the greatest showmen in the country, and as we also know, having worked with you in the past years, that you are one of the most cooperative stars in Hollywood. But above this, we consider you a regular guy and a real fellow. And it was with these thoughts in mind that we, the news photographers representing the Los Angeles newspapers, national news syndicates, and the national Motion picture news reels, voted to make you an honorary member of this association, and so in behalf of our ninety seven active members. Hi, the president of this group, takes sincere pleasure and presenting to you your gold membership card in the Los Angeles Press Photographers Association.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I'm all right read, but don't forget to.
Speaker 3: Draw the slide.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Medical science offers proof positive no other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less road They were tating.
Speaker 1: Tars than the new smoother, better tasting.
Speaker 5: Really, yes, proof positive, no other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less road They werotating tars than the new Raley.
Speaker 6: Scientific tests of America's six leading brands based on the method used by the United States government. Tests certified by a jury of fourteen doctors have proved conclusively no other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars than Rawley's, So smokers enjoy than you smoother and better tasting rallies.
Speaker 4: And remember medical science offers proved positive.
Speaker 5: No other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars than the new Raleigh cigarettes.
Speaker 1: And now.
Speaker 3: Three red and uh a Nader is going to sing tonight. A garden in the rain.
Speaker 9: Is just a god little lame. A touch of colors, guys of bird, the range drops kissed the flow, the blasting raised that percy.
Speaker 1: Of perfume.
Speaker 8: Thank you thing said, Sure he was charing beyond compact.
Speaker 9: To babe, it was just that I listened with you, was just listen game rain. But then the sun came out again and samples happy, Oh the way. Surely he was charmed beyond complete to do.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was just that I was.
Speaker 9: With you, Joe. But then the son came out again and samples happen.
Speaker 3: Oh to night.
Speaker 1: Castire.
Speaker 3: The story is in a Skelton scrap book of satire is about photography. Our characters are fictional.
Speaker 6: If you can picture such people living, you'll find that they're out of focus and should be overexposed.
Speaker 3: Character twenty seven is entitled you want to see a picture? I doubt if there's a father alive who hasn't proudly forced the stranger to look at the photograph of his wife or children. And Willie Lumplump is our victim service, Sir, what are you gonna have?
Speaker 4: You serve tea here?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, we do. Why I was in the wrong place, mister lap lamp? Well, well, what are you going to eat today? Food?
Speaker 4: For a change.
Speaker 3: I'll hurry it up.
Speaker 4: But you haven't honored yet.
Speaker 3: I'm in a hurry. I'll order a wallow meating. He got any meat? I likes to meet?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Got what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yes, Sam?
Speaker 3: We got chicken roasted toasted fries, dude, And I like chicken, chicken, chicken. I've beaten some like chicken the last two years. I'm getting a foul mine.
Speaker 4: I don't have a cup of tea.
Speaker 3: A cup of tea? Do you mind if I sit here, buddy.
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 3: I'm just having a cup of tea. You know I usually drink can he coffee keeps me awake.
Speaker 1: My name is Long Thompson. I didn't catch your name.
Speaker 3: I didn't throw it. It's wooly ump for him?
Speaker 4: How do you spell with two lumps?
Speaker 3: Neck?
Speaker 4: Oh, here's your teeth?
Speaker 3: Anything else I can do for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Homer nos while I drink it.
Speaker 1: Brother, you have what is generally known as bets and the belfry.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And what's more, they ring a chime every hour on the hour.
Speaker 1: By the way, how is your wife?
Speaker 3: You trying to start an argument?
Speaker 1: I like it If i'm married, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was track.
Speaker 1: Oh how old were you when you got married?
Speaker 3: We were both twenty nine. I'm thirty two now I'm my wife twenty six. Anyway, I'm celebrating my wooden wedding anniversary.
Speaker 1: Wooden wedding, that's five years.
Speaker 3: Oh, we've been married too.
Speaker 4: But she's a blockhead, you.
Speaker 3: Boy, and she nag rude wine nick nag.
Speaker 1: Now, I guess I'm lucky. My wife's an angel.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. How long have you been dead?
Speaker 1: I didn't mean it that way. I meant that she's kind. Oh, I should we have three kids? Have you been blessed?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We ain't got any.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you be happier if you had a youngster. You can watch them grow up and follow your footsteps.
Speaker 3: Oh, they couldn't follow my footsteps.
Speaker 4: I hardly made it here, Mosel.
Speaker 1: Don't happen to have a picture of your wife on you? Dah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mind, that's why I got this shocked express you know?
Speaker 1: I mean, don't you have a photograph?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I can't get a picture developed. They're afraid to stay in the dark room with a face.
Speaker 1: You'd be lots happier if you carried a picture. Would you care to see the pictures of my wife and kids?
Speaker 4: No? I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: What did you say, I said, no, I don't want to see him.
Speaker 1: Just a second, wise guy.
Speaker 2: I am a proud father, and it's been the customs since the beginning of photography for a man to carry pictures of his kids.
Speaker 3: Thanks why I never liked the Indians, do you They didn't stop with carrying pictures. They carried the kids to.
Speaker 1: Lonely take a second to show him.
Speaker 10: I don't want to see him, Bob. If you don't mind, Bob, I don't want.
Speaker 4: To see him. I came in here for a cup of tea, nothing else. Look.
Speaker 3: All the time I was in the army, I allly did was looking pictures going across the ocean in Italy every five minutes. Some guys can watch your picture my wife. Good, I did watch your picture of a kid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kid, youse.
Speaker 3: Kids have some of the ugliest things.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 10: Now I'm I don't have to look at them things anymore, and I don't want to see yours.
Speaker 4: If you don't mind, I'll just have my tea. Look, wise guy, Yeah, let go my lapel.
Speaker 2: You're going to look at my family pictures? Are I'll take you out to my truck and wind you around the cranks.
Speaker 3: Now, come on, let go my suit, will you? Hey, Bob Hope, he's got an award for being best dressed sportsman. You know you know what he was wearing at the time. But what have bing Crosby shirts?
Speaker 4: You truck clim Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, why didn't you say that?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: You don't have to if I any chance to have a picture of your beautiful wife and kids when you do.
Speaker 1: Uh, would you really like to see them? Would you really would? Is really?
Speaker 3: Well, let's not get sickening about it.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I ain't showed them for so long. I almost forgot what they look like.
Speaker 3: It's been all ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Let's see what I do with them. Here are here my wallet. I've got some pictures of my kids.
Speaker 3: Hey, it kid looks like Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 4: Give me back that five dollar pill.
Speaker 3: Had too many wrinkles for young prick.
Speaker 4: Now medical science offers proof positive, no.
Speaker 5: Other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat debritating tars than the new smoother, better tasting Ray. Yes, proof positive, No other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars than the new Ray. That lovely star of the Shocking Miss Pilgrims, Betty Grable says, quote, I've read.
Speaker 7: Reports and medical science has proved no other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine. Let's throat irritating tars.
Speaker 1: That's why I've switched to Rallies for smoking place.
Speaker 6: Right, Betty Grable. Those tests were based on the method used by the United States government. So friends enjoy than you smoother, better tasting Ray. And remember, medical science offers proof positive.
Speaker 5: No other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars than the new Raleigh cigarettes.
Speaker 6: David Forrester now introduces a new number by Gil Baumguard, one of our outstanding young composers.
Speaker 4: It's called Frustration.
Speaker 3: Chapter twenty eight is entitled Amateur Photographers. Children are always interested in pictures, and a great pastime for them would be let them have a camera of their own.
Speaker 11: Junior, where are you, dear? Are you in the kitchen near the cookie jar? No, I'm in the living room, Junia. How would you like to do something? Well, I'm not kind of weak from life of sleep, you know. I didn't take me now for well, I wanted to send John an Errand to the drug store. You mean when they got their ice cream cones pineapple flow. Yes, I'm still a little weak, but I think I can hobble down now.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to give you money for any of those things, Junior. They're bad for your stomach. Well, I won't follow them here. I'll just take them and didn't fit them out, you know, But I only wanted to get the film I left there to be developed. Oh you mean the grand clok. Yes, I'm dying to see how they came out. They'll be blurred like they always you know, world we get can't get nothing and focus. That's because he's nearsighted, beer sided. And while you're at the drug store, ask the man to reload this box camera for me. And here's a dollar and a court Okay, okay, all right, now you take that and read keeat what you're supposed to do at the drug store, Well, get your pictures, reload your camera, and pick up a few gum drops. I didn't say anything about gum drop, I know, but you will when I get home. Do you want to take your dog? No, he got fleas. I don't want to take h embarrass his meer. Gush he squatches right out in the open. Will if it had so many fleas, why don't you give.
Speaker 4: Him a back?
Speaker 3: Never, boy, I wouldn't give him anything. I wouldn't take myself. Come on, if we're gonna Junior, be careful crossing the street. The car might hit you don't have bumpers, No, they don't. And you don't want the cave in front.
Speaker 4: Of a car in.
Speaker 3: Okaya.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry, little not.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not hurt. You just knocked me down with your aunt you see.
Speaker 7: Well, goodbye, and remember nine o three, nine o three.
Speaker 3: I got a feeling of stuff like that. It's gonna make me lose interest in me. Tricycle wall, get a funny shot, won't nobody looking. I think I'll spend some of these schools around at the county.
Speaker 4: Junior stopped. Stop spending these empty schools around.
Speaker 3: Well, you're too heavy with your people in them there. I can't explain them with a Hey when my grandma want them pictures, she left her to be developed, and she wants you to reload the box camera here.
Speaker 4: Well that's simple. Let me have the camera. Sun.
Speaker 3: Look, don't call me Shane if you don't mean it, because my grandma. You're awful quick on the uptake, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Junior, I'd love to have a little boy like you.
Speaker 3: You've been drinking and prescriptions to get anxious.
Speaker 4: I'll here's your camera, all of it. Now you better get home.
Speaker 3: Okay. I want to learn how to take pictures. I haven't the time the teacher, you got time to sweep up the store?
Speaker 1: No I have.
Speaker 3: Can you better show me how to take picture?
Speaker 4: I said, beat it?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, not going to tell me that boy, you don't kill me.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, take pictures.
Speaker 1: With this camera.
Speaker 4: I had just looked through this little window on the top movie big fat head. Will you and when you see what you want, push down on this little level. Yeah, just turn this little nobb until you come to another number.
Speaker 3: Well here I am three years you and I didn't know that. Well, live and learn.
Speaker 4: I always said, this is the rate you're learning. You won't live long now. It all comes to a dollar twenty five.
Speaker 3: Here's a dollar. Take it out of that doughter's not enough.
Speaker 4: I can't take it out of that.
Speaker 3: Well, give it back to me. I don't force money on anybody.
Speaker 6: Your grandmother must have given you more money, another quarter perhaf No she didn't know.
Speaker 4: And what if you got your fist doubled up like that for I still hit you in.
Speaker 3: The nose if you try to take this quarter out of the other head.
Speaker 4: Oh so you do have another quarter?
Speaker 3: All right, take a take it down. No means enough to meet me, poor little piggy back. I'll go to bed with it. He's shepperate and.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry, junire. Here's a peppermint con soul.
Speaker 3: I don't want one.
Speaker 4: You don't know I want to. Here's your camera. Goodbye, Come on.
Speaker 3: Skip me, come on by, come on my one. A nice day. Everybody looks so happy widow. Does they know I room in the streets loose, brand new one boy, that's really new?
Speaker 1: What you matter?
Speaker 3: But you never ground unless there's something wrong. Don't you like that car? Or you just growl them like everybody else cause you I'm gonna take a picture of the car. Throw the grandma here? You mean you get him getting down the fixed? Shoot tastes. There's one standing here all by himself. I think I'm moozy over and see what's cooking around?
Speaker 4: Hey? You missed?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 1: Okay, kid, keep moving. We're doing a little job on the inside. Nothing but a big fag out where you there's your grandmother?
Speaker 3: How do you know? You know? You know?
Speaker 2: Mike dog don't like you? He goes, that's tough. Don't get going, kid, Head from home before you get hurt.
Speaker 3: Well I can get hurt there. I guess he's fast. You know, Hey, why didn't you go in the bank with you buddies?
Speaker 1: They won't let me go with him. I don't use puns.
Speaker 3: Oh, I couldn't use that guy either, now, Uh, don't you know?
Speaker 4: I do like you?
Speaker 3: Look, I've never seen somebody so henry looking at me like since I looked in the mirror last.
Speaker 2: I never seen nobody that yet moving kids. When my friends come out of that bank, there's leble to be some fireworks.
Speaker 3: Fireworks. Well again, you wouldn't mind having a little punk like me around.
Speaker 1: Then I'm warning her for the last time.
Speaker 3: Oh you got a water place, so too. I can see you done your cook squirt me with it? God squeak me on your way here, don't go, and I don't be carry the ripping.
Speaker 2: You see how he's frowning at if he protects me, well, come on and get come under the car and protect me. I'm going to count three, and if you ain't out of sight.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take your picture. Foot you can't take my picture? Come on, I can't take Come on? Good? I right?
Speaker 4: Is that you? I?
Speaker 3: You know I've been running to fast house way beyond me?
Speaker 4: So? Oh yes, why here's a sheet.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm cattletail Gray.
Speaker 4: What's happened?
Speaker 3: Well, I was walking past the bank and she men jump out a great big crn and went inside. And they had guns, old cannons. They got dirty looking bunch of bank robbers. They want how do you know they were a bank cropping? They all look like comforty bull guard. Now, who could I don't know about eight to five?
Speaker 4: Whoever?
Speaker 3: They say you're looking for me? No, no, no, don't roll up with your door up to cover. They're gonna take me for a while. Don't how did that birdcake? They'd have to take me too. Maybe they're enough room, you know. Okay, it's off the John.
Speaker 2: We just received word that Junior was a with the snow Bank horn up. I ain't talking telling me mosspe what about a round the block away? He said he saw the boy take a picture of one of the bonders escaping. No, the insurance company would pay two thousand dollars for the pictures, they say identify the boutles.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand dollars. Couldn't it t keep me in bubble gum for the rest of me life. W I'll go get the camera. I go get the tell now hit it under the port.
Speaker 4: There you is.
Speaker 3: You were no money making rascal.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see if the pictures you're in focused. Look at the pictures. See red and black on one side and yellow stuff.
Speaker 1: In the middle.
Speaker 3: My eyes must be getting bad. I don't remember taking anything like that. Well, you can save your money here's the film. Took it out of camera and dog blank, oh soon you didn't has to be developed first. Now she tells me, sorry, fish Coppetence, Well you stay here. I'm gonna go catch them crooks and get me bubble gum money. You're too little, No I'm not. I take some rocks with me. Now put your jumps on their head so big. When the ambulance come, the pumps will ride. Now have to walk behind the wire, gosh, sneak up to their hideout, and no riddle me to pick with a fute gun and nick got gun, and then they're gonna keep right on working. Gona bow me down the fifteen gun fire, and there I will be dead, a hero against crime. No, no, no, he scared me. Is a little hard.
Speaker 6: In the same time, let's scalpon there the course of Briny to Alice a balcony parsap again one of us man y.
Speaker 3: Blacks kier gooas French scout, saying, snakresting and thanks for buying.
Speaker 6: A wale, Sir Walter Raleigh, the pipe tobacco, the great superior on all five counts. Check them a rich ripe, full bodied burly blend Sir Walter Raleigh pipe tobacco mellowed with rum for extra smoothness, deep down satisfying goodness. That's Sir Walter Raleigh pipe tobacco. Clean smoking all the way down, no leaves, only a clean dry egg.
Speaker 4: And that's Sir Walter Raleigh. Pipe tobacco ripped cut for slow even cool.
Speaker 1: Bernie.
Speaker 6: Yes, Sir Walter Raleigh pipe tobacco, a brand of Grand Aroma keeps Home, Sweet Home. It's Sir Walter Raleigh. Sooner or later your favorite tobacco smoke, Sir Walter Raleigh, the quality pipe Tobacco of America. Brown Williamson invites you toother good listening during the week. Listen to the People That Funny program with Odd link Letter next Friday, and.
Speaker 4: Join us again with Red Skelton next Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Rad Skelvin has heard in this program to the Curtesy of Metro Golden May that Scaldon is brought to you by the Brown and Williamson Tobacco Corporation.
Speaker 4: I know great, it's the NBC, the National Roo