Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Af I AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Gary and Shannon Today Live for Giving Tuesday at our fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon, here to benefit Katarina's Club.
Speaker 3: We are at the White House Restaurant in Anaheim.
Speaker 1: The sun has come out. It's a beautiful day. It's a nice Tuesday to kick off work and show up for a good cause.
Speaker 2: A couple of things I want to update us on. You can donate now. You could bid on our auction items when you go to KFIAM six forty dot com slash postathon.
Speaker 3: We have gone up. We're not where we need.
Speaker 2: To be, but I'm talking about the auction before we get to that part our auction right now, this is to join Shannon and I and other assorted guests at a Dodger.
Speaker 3: Game coming up in the summer.
Speaker 2: In that sentence, Shannon and somebody who doesn't know grammar, apparently when we go to a Dodger game next summer to and we'll figure it out obviously, which game is you? Are available for it's up over twenty one hundred dollars. That's great, So somebody cares. And again we only get part of the money. It's not for us, it's not about no. All of the money, of course, goes to benefit Katerina's Club. If you go to kfi am six forty dot com slash pastathon, that's where you'll find a quick button that takes you to the auction items. One of the other things that's being auctioned, by the way, is a very cool thing from our friends at the Garden Grove Police Department where you get not a gun, is it a badge? It's a police canine. What you're not.
Speaker 3: They're not getting you a dog.
Speaker 2: But Garden Grove Police Department has an elite police canine group, the Regional Canine.
Speaker 3: Training Facility also in Garden Grove.
Speaker 2: So you get a tour of the Garden Grove PD a gourmet lunch right here at the Anaheim White House Restaurant. You get up in close and personal with the Garden Grove canine officers. You would love this, discover the impact that these heroes have on our community. You also get to take home some unique memorabilia from the canine program.
Speaker 1: Remember when you went to the Monkey Learning Center.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do, wasn't monkeys, it was chimpanzees.
Speaker 2: This once in a lifetime experience is your ticket to an unforgettable day a VIP access to Garden Grove's finest And again, that's one of the auction items that's up there. I wonder if Garden Grove would even think about starting a police chimpanzee unit.
Speaker 1: That's a question you could ask. If you bid on that auction item.
Speaker 2: That would be great because those guys would rip your your arms off if they found the bad guys.
Speaker 1: Well, remember what happened with that with that Travis. Travis.
Speaker 3: Travis is the chimpanzee that bit the ladies face off.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was thinking about Harambe, not a chimpanzee.
Speaker 2: Oh that's all right, you'll get your primemates down one.
Speaker 3: Of these days.
Speaker 1: Did you see this number?
Speaker 3: I did see the number.
Speaker 1: That's a big freaking number.
Speaker 3: That's a big number.
Speaker 1: It's I think you should say it, it's I think it's a man's side job.
Speaker 2: Are eleven AM numbers As of eleven AM. So far we have raised for Katerina's Club two hundred thousand six hundred and eighty dollars. Now, listen, this is one of those times when we get an indication of how the rest of the day is going to go.
Speaker 3: We hope, we cross our fingers.
Speaker 2: This is about fifty thousand dollars more than we had last year in the eleven o'clock I think, so keep it coming.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It is a great testament to how generous everybody is that listens to KFI. So two hundred thousand, six hundred and eighty dollars and seven thousand, eight hundred and ninety seven pounds of pasta and sauce, which is as much weight as we gained over the last week because of Thanksgiving, seven eight hundred and ninety seven pounds of pasta and sauce so far.
Speaker 1: Did you want to talk about politics just a tiny bit.
Speaker 3: That's time for swamp. Watch what Jacob play.
Speaker 2: Swamp is horrible, Government doesn't.
Speaker 1: Work, good man, you're gonna make it like a reality TV shot.
Speaker 2: Bad doos always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C. Hey, Joe. He's a town all too clearly built on a swamp, and in so many ways still a swamp.
Speaker 1: A batch of Mawarkee said the swamp.
Speaker 5: I said, oh, that's so.
Speaker 1: You know the thing, well, Democrats in Congress continue to be vocal about how Joe Biden did not take the moral high ground and what does it mean for democracy? And this is awful and this is like a truth social post when you look at his statement and all of the things he's dodged questions. He's in Africa for a summit there and has dodged all the reporters questions about that. I just want to give oxygen to my conspiracy theory once again.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that this is about oh my son. It's my son, and I feel for him, and you know, I want this to be behind him. I'm worried he'll relapse something like that. I believe that actually Joe Biden set his Justice Department up to go after his son so he could pardon him. And everyone think it's about taxes and guns, and nobody asks questions about Ukraine and all the LLC's and the money laundering that's been going on for decades.
Speaker 2: So your theory is that Joe Biden had enough mental wherewithal to plan that.
Speaker 1: Set back then, back then, and He's like, you know what, Hunter, you have screwed me over for the last time. You're gonna fall on this sword and then I'll pardon you. But you're taking the heat for the whole family enterprise.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things that we saw yesterday from I believe it was Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton who said that the way this is written and the expanded pardon that this was in terms of the timeline and and the whole laundry list of things that he could be accused of, this wipes away his Fifth Amendment privilege of not testifying against himself because he can't be prosecuted for it.
Speaker 1: Right, but he can't before, he can't be compelled to speak.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: What are you going to do? Just sits there?
Speaker 3: You hold him in contempt of Congress? Can you throw him in jail?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying that. I mean, there's there's that option. He doesn't have the Fifth Amendment privilege anymore.
Speaker 1: You think he's going to tell the truth and care about perjuring himself.
Speaker 3: I don't know how.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that for people who don't want to lie under oath. I don't think Hunter has a problem with lying.
Speaker 3: That made me very true.
Speaker 1: I think that I think you know who's at the center this whole thing, who I think may have been one of the architects of this, Mark Jerregus. Oh I thought, I say, Jill, No, No, Mark Mark Gerragus was Hunter's attorney who entered that open plea of guilty, Okay, laying a foundation to so back to the back it is Joe Bid the powers that be that that are that are tangled up in their money laundering that they've been doing for years in that family. I mean, they they set the tone, they say, Okay, Hunter's a problem, He's got this stuff involved. How about we focus the public's attention on his taxes and his gun issues. Forget about the the hookers, forget about the blow. Let's do taxes and guns, because then people will stop looking at the Ukraine situation and him using his father's name to line the pockets of the whole family. And so Biden directed his Justice department to bring him up on these charges, knowing he would pardon him and this would all go away and nobody would be thinking about the Ukraine money laundering. Weird LLC's in the family paying Peter to Rob Paul that goes on.
Speaker 2: So was it then Mark Garragus's plan to leak the laptop?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I haven't gotten that far in my theory.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're just checking. We're still working on the timeline here.
Speaker 1: But we've all been We've all been distracted by the taxes and the guns, haven't we. Where did everyone's concentration on Ukraine and that board and where that money came from it? And his trips to China with the prince lings.
Speaker 3: It's nowhere near as sexy as hookers in.
Speaker 1: Blow I know, we get distracted by hookers and black cocainely very America.
Speaker 2: The other quick political story I wanted to let you know about. President elect Trump has issued an ultimatum to hamas He on truth Social demanded the immediate release of hostages that are being held by Hamas. He says, if you're not if they're not released by noon January twentieth, twenty twenty five, his inauguration, He says, there will be hell to pay.
Speaker 1: Oh and ps for the Democrats that are clutching their pearls today, saying that this part in opens the door for Trump to part in. All the January sixth people. He was going to do that anyway. It's not like Trump's going, Oh, Biden did that, so now I can do this. That's not how Donald Trump makes his decisions.
Speaker 2: I still think I still think Donald Trump has one card to play on that and say I was gonna pardon Hunter.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't. I was gonna do it. I don't save your legacy.
Speaker 2: Now, Joe Mansion, the Senator of West Virginia, is suggesting you.
Speaker 1: Thought Donald Trump would say to Biden, I was gonna save your legacy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I do. Yes, he could listen.
Speaker 1: Listen, you think Trump gives two kombuchas, No, Biden's legacy.
Speaker 2: No, that's not why I say. I'm not saying he cared about it. I'm saying he was gonna say it.
Speaker 1: See don't. I was gonna pain him to say that, even if it was a joke, it would pain him. He would for him to say Biden and legacy in the same sentence. It goes against every grain in his body.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're live today giving Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Ed Garragis is joining us now vice president of Coke Cuddy, Cuddy Foods, Cutty Foods, and Wendy's. Ed thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: No problem.
Speaker 1: What's in the bagh?
Speaker 2: It's in the bad bacon and cheese.
Speaker 3: Wow potato, Oh my goodness, you do.
Speaker 2: That's a steakhouse size baked potato right there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you got to you can have some o.
Speaker 3: There's even salt.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the best part.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I agree?
Speaker 3: Would would you guys help us out? By the way, it's Ed's birthday today.
Speaker 1: It's it's your special day and you brought me a loaded potato.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a good friend.
Speaker 2: You guys could sing, go ahead, it'd be birthday.
Speaker 3: Just picked it up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Ed Wendy's has been a great partner of ofon in Katerina's Club over these last couple of years.
Speaker 3: What does it mean to you to be able to help out like this?
Speaker 4: No, I think it's a great thing. I listened to you guys for a couple of years before COVID we tried to get involved. It takes a while, you know. It's all franchisees down here, so you got to get everybody going in the same direction.
Speaker 1: You have the best baked potatoes.
Speaker 4: They are best, maybe the only baked potatoes and fast food, but you.
Speaker 3: Know they are the best.
Speaker 4: But you know it's a great cause. You know, kids shouldn't go hungry, right, Yeah, they haven't done anything wrong. There's no reason for them to be hungry. And it's easy to give a dollar and feed a child for a night.
Speaker 1: There's so much science behind it too. Of if you go to bed hungry or worried about your next meal, you can't concentrate on anything, like we're not wired to be able to concentrate on anything but our next meal. And if you are unsure of where that's going to come from, or if it's even going to come How do these kids go to school? How do they learn? How do they achieve?
Speaker 4: It's hard. My wife's a teacher and she can tell which kids come to school and they haven't had a lot in which kids come to school, and they have all kinds of energy and everything, and that makes a huge difference.
Speaker 3: What's your history.
Speaker 2: How do you get involved in owning Wendy's restaurants?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't own, it'd be nice, but I manage them. I started with Wendy's probably about twenty two years ago. Before that, I worked with the Marriott corporation. What's school to be an accountant? Said?
Speaker 3: That is too boring. S behind the mask.
Speaker 4: So I really enjoy doing this. I like being out with the customers and everything. It's just a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: How many baked potatoes do you eat a week?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not too many.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you know this birthday's retirement age, you know, sixty, so you know those baked potatoes hit you different from years.
Speaker 1: That's so true. That's true.
Speaker 3: But enjoy it. You keep going on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one for him, for everybody. So throughout through the rest of this week, of course, you can go to any Wendy's restaurants Southern California and ate five dollars more and get that coupon book for Wendy's goodies. Through Sundays is when we're doing it. H Yeah, it's been. It's been such a great partnership. And I don't say that just because you guys bring in food every once in a while, but Wendy's has always been one of, uh, the absolute favorites just in terms of the quality of the food. Wherever you are, It's always been a great option for people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's good, it's fresh. We make most of the stuff in house, so you know you're not getting all the frozen canned stuff that you get a lot of other locations.
Speaker 1: My dad loved your milkshakes Strawberry VLLA.
Speaker 3: There's a new salted caramel. Is that right?
Speaker 4: Doing salted caramel right now?
Speaker 3: It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: That sounds right up your alley.
Speaker 2: I had assaulted caramel latte this morning, and they have to get assaulted caramel frosty on the way home.
Speaker 4: We might take care of you.
Speaker 1: It's assaulted caramel day for you.
Speaker 3: It's a Tuesday, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Giving myself diabetes Tuesday. That's fair.
Speaker 1: I have another at no relation, no relation to the other ghosts. So nice to see you. Thank you for everything, and happy birthday.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what you said, but our auction item has gone up. If you go to kfiam six forty dot com slash postathon, not only can you donate there, we have a list of auction items that are up that you can bid on. The bidding will close at nine forty five tonight.
Speaker 3: So we have an idea.
Speaker 2: In fact, everybody looks like everybody's has gone up, at least the ones with the shows.
Speaker 3: A reminder that one of those.
Speaker 2: Auction items is a two night stay at Terranea. Earlier this year, my wife and I stayed there for the first time and had an absolute blast. It was such a great even in it was early or mid January when we stayed and the weather was incredible.
Speaker 3: It's just a really really nice place.
Speaker 2: A two nights stay at Taranea is up there as well, and you can go check it out again. Kfiam six forty dot com slash postathon. Our auction item is to go hang out at a Dodger game with us. I'm not a Dodgers fan, but I'm a massive baseball fan, so I don't have to feel like I have to apologize for that. Sometimes about the children, I just think that people are afraid that I'm going to pooh pooh the game, and I'm not.
Speaker 1: You're very respectful there, You don't You don't say anything, and this is and how could you, as a Giants fan, how could I say you?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 2: That's why I don't say anything. But you and a guest will join Shannon and me?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 2: And me at the Dodger game sometime next summer, will coordinate with you, andever it will.
Speaker 1: Stay object and me, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: You lost me.
Speaker 2: The subject will enjoy the game from the luxury suite. Dodgers dogs, snacks, drinks, whatever you want. Preferred parking is included. We're up to six thousand dollars. Wow, six thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I think it was when I said you put on a really great show.
Speaker 3: That may have been you.
Speaker 1: Give a man a few four or five Dodger dogs and he gets a little nutty, good squirrely. We are watching what's going on in South Korea. Huge news out of South Korea. The president there declared emergency martial law. He's upset with the opposition dominated parliament. Sound familiar. They claim he's paralyzing the government. This means no political activities, rallies, demonstrations, all of this. South Korean military officials say this will remain in place until the president lifts it, despite the parliament saying and voting to strike down this decree. So it's a mess. This is a guy Un suck Yule. He's a member of the Conservative Party in South Korea and since then he's had basement approval ratings. His wife was seen accepting like a designer handbag in exchange for political favors. It's just been a complete mess.
Speaker 2: So politicians everywhere, they suck every universally, kids write that down. Politicians everywhere, Yes, bad bad. Joining us, one of our great partners over these last couple of years for Postathon and Katerina's Club is d N. Mendos Of, the executive vice president of Strategic Development for Teacher Created Materials.
Speaker 3: Thanks again for coming by.
Speaker 8: Thanks for having me. It's great to be back again.
Speaker 2: You guys have been spectacular in terms of not just being good partners of Pastathon and Katerina's Club, but creatively being a partner in terms of helping develop ways to increase the enjoyment.
Speaker 3: I guess, well, for a competition.
Speaker 1: It's a blood sport over there. It is it is.
Speaker 8: We get we roll up our sleeves, we get a we start being aggressive.
Speaker 1: So who who won this year?
Speaker 8: Okay, so this year we do a competition between our different departments. So at Teacher Creative Materials, we're educational publishers for the last forty five years, but for the last nine years we've been a drop off location in Huntington Beach. But our departments compete against each other, and so the winner of our Golden Apple this year is our sales off team. And they brought in three thousand and seventy four pounds.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, where do you put all this in our warehouse? Okay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's just with thirteen employees in that specific case.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 8: So we brought and then a total today that we're donating, we've brought in thirteen thousand, three hundred and twenty seven pounds.
Speaker 2: How did you get it here?
Speaker 8: We a box truck?
Speaker 1: Oh house?
Speaker 8: They do magical things than they work with Katerina's club staff. I think we did. I think we drop it off straight at the warehouse.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then we're also donating ten thousand dollars today to creating materials.
Speaker 3: Wow. Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness.
Speaker 3: What tell us more about teacher created materials?
Speaker 2: I mean, you did a quick tagline there, but what kind of who is your main customer?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it parents who are homeschooling kids?
Speaker 3: Is it teachers? Is it classrooms? What is it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 8: Historically speaking, we've always worked with teachers and classrooms in schools since COVID and education changed in so many different ways. We work more with families and parents in private school so we really go anywhere where a kid is learning, and we're really striving to create a world in which children love to learn. But we love what's happening in classrooms. We love what teachers are doing every day. We still think we should get a PR firm that just highlights the amazing things that teachers are doing every day.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great idea. And they don't unsung heroes for sure. They do not get enough credit. They don't get paid enough, they don't get enough credit. And what was I going to say? I lost my train of thought, But what did you do? You know what you did last year?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you did you so last year?
Speaker 8: I look at that they gave me that information. So last year we had thirteen schools that were participating in our local area. So last year we brought thirty thousand, twenty nine thousand, so crazy.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you if if COVID, if you saw like a bump, is there a cat here?
Speaker 3: Oh that's Bert's phone.
Speaker 1: Oh Bert, for the love of God. During COVID, did you see like a bump, you know, because of people schooling more, not.
Speaker 8: In the donations. So like schools and I always feel like schools and teachers and educators they know that it's necessary for kids to eat dinner in order for them to be learning. So the connection between the ability to learn and how focused you can be in a classroom if you're worried about what's what you're going to eat for dinner, if you're going to eat dinner, it just really impedes learning. So we actually have always seen with schools, with our even our departments throughout the office, we know how important that is. So we've continued to see and up we did see a little bit less donations this year, and I don't we're trying. We don't know exactly why, but that was kind of across even the community.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the people that if you just used to do products for classrooms and teachers, but now more parents are involved with that as well.
Speaker 8: Parents have always been involved with kids education. I think I always think parents are the first teachers of there. We get them, so I get my kids two thirds of the day and schools get them one third of the day. So it's really important what I'm reading with them, when I'm talking about with them, what parents are doing. So yeah, so parents as our customers is amazing. In fact, we have free resources on our website specifically if they want to talk about food insecurity, because talking about that is a heavy topic depending on the age, and our talented authors have done remarkable things so that you can talk about it with elementary school kids, middle school kids and what's age appropriate. So if you do go to our website, can I pluck our website?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: So, if you do go to our.
Speaker 8: Website at it's a Teacher Created Materials dot com backslash Food Insecurity, there's a lot of free videos and books that they can reference, and a lot of free activities on how you can talk about food insecurity with your kids. Make it a passion project to try to help in your local community because there's a lot of ways that you can get involved.
Speaker 1: Dan Mendoza joins us. We're talking to DN. She is from Teacher Created Materials of our one of our biggest partners year after year for the pasta thon. And who do we have with us here today?
Speaker 8: So this year we had nine schools and the hunting to meet and surrounding areas participate, and I have two students from our winning school here. They actually didn't know that they were winning until I got here and spoiled that surprise. They thought I was gonna have kids from the top three. Oh really schools? Yes, so they just found out a few minutes ago that their school has won.
Speaker 3: So what does it feel like to be lied to by adults? How's that? Does that hit different for you guys?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we thought we were like top We were told top three, so we thought we were maybe two.
Speaker 6: But surprising when it's one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were expecting to see other people, other kids as well. Yeah, when I saw that it was just us, I was like, where's everyone else?
Speaker 3: Travan and Andrew from Mace of You Middle School are the winners this year? Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Representing thought said your third time Mace of You has won.
Speaker 1: Nice? Now do you kind of wish some of the other kids were here so you could rub it in? Yeah, it's nice to have healthy competition over a good cause.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, to help that on that community as well. Get back to other people who are need do you guys?
Speaker 2: I mean, are you able to rally your friends and stuff like that? Your classmates to do this? How do you how do you guys come out on top like this?
Speaker 7: Well, so our whole school donates, but our class is the ones who count and collect and put everything together.
Speaker 1: Your T shirts? Is that your school motto? Dude be nice?
Speaker 5: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: That's very very huntingson Beach, Orange, Orange County.
Speaker 1: It should be everywhere, dude be nice. Start telling him that I.
Speaker 8: Think we can get you A sure, I bet we can get you.
Speaker 1: I would love one. So do you guys have tactics for how you win? This is your second year being the number one? How do you get people involved in school?
Speaker 5: We make posters, we promote the winning class at our school gets a donut party party, So that's some motivation. And then if course the signs signs promoting an unannouncement as well.
Speaker 1: What are you guys going to do when you get big or when you're an adult?
Speaker 5: Oh, I want to be some type of law enforcement officer or something like that.
Speaker 3: Is that is that your family? Do you have law enforcement in your family?
Speaker 5: Or is my uncle it wasn't, lapd Sargeant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, very cool.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just think they don't put pressure on yourself. This is not.
Speaker 7: I don't know, like helping people like teacher maybe, or like a management like helpful.
Speaker 2: Like stay out of middle management. If you're going to get into management, go for the upper stuff, you know, the bigger offices, the bigger paychecks, middle managers.
Speaker 3: Nobody likes those guys.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? That's not very nice.
Speaker 3: I'm just what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Don't shoot laws shoot? What are you guys missing right now in school?
Speaker 6: I think I'm missing social studies right now?
Speaker 2: Oh well, this is a perfect This is a perfect substitute for social studies.
Speaker 6: A lot better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a lot better. I promise the food is better too. And you never get twinkies when you're a social studies so bad?
Speaker 3: What about you? What are you missing?
Speaker 5: I'm missing Pe?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, so you're not getting all sweaty in the middle of the day. It's not the worst, but it's like the middle of the day.
Speaker 5: It's kind of last year, I had a first period, so it was definitely better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, cooler mornings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: The pavement doesn't cook your skin when you fall down. What do they do in Pe?
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty four. What kind of activities right now?
Speaker 5: We're doing black football.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: On Fridays we usually run. Thursdays we do some type of fitness activity.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah. How far do they make you run?
Speaker 5: It switches off, so one week it's a mile and another week it's half a mile.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that's nice.
Speaker 1: That mile can be really.
Speaker 3: How long do they give you to run a mile? Full class or.
Speaker 5: The folk class, so it's like sixteen minute? Tight things, Okay, I remember that.
Speaker 1: Being the worst. They would give us a playing card from like a deck of cards for each lap, and you'd have to have four playing cards, and so we started bringing them like smart, yeah, and they don't do that and they but then you get caught if the image doesn't match the image that they gave it, right, so you got blue and then you got red, and then they know you're cheating your way through that mile.
Speaker 2: We always had to we if you didn't bring the right shoes, they made you run barefoot.
Speaker 3: Whoa, that was back in the old days.
Speaker 1: That's like horse and buggy stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well, and then you'd have to be you'd be chased by the horse and buggy around the track.
Speaker 1: That's before a thing called lawsuits.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, lawsuits didn't exist in my day, but it was also I mean, these kids, the kids that I went to school with, were all farmers, so I mean they were perfect. They would have run in their cowboy boots if but that they tried to prevent them from running in their cowboy boots, even though they probably would outrun all of us. So next year, what do you guys have planning? Are you guys out of mace of you or you? What's next year for you guys?
Speaker 5: I'm in high school next year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Kind of Yeah, pe is very different in high school. If they even still do that, they still Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: What about you? Where are you going?
Speaker 6: I'm staying at I'm going into eighth grade next year.
Speaker 1: You're going to rule the school eighth hopefully. Yeah, that's a fun time. It sucks because you go from eighth grade and being like the ruler and all the little kids to being like the freshman.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It's a rough. It's a rough one eighty, you know.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like you guys have a good start though, I mean, just in terms of thank you for everything that.
Speaker 3: You guys did for trying to read.
Speaker 1: It's really great and don't forget your middle school motto when you go.
Speaker 8: To high school.
Speaker 2: Andrew and Travin again from Mason you middle school representing both the seventh and eighth grades there, So big round of applause once again for them for winning and d n Mendoza, of course, executive BP is Strategic Development Teacher, Creative Materials. I'll say it again, you guys have been an incredible partner for these last several years, and it's again and to be creative, not just the name, but the creative ways that you encourage people to get involved. I think has been really very helpful for everybody.
Speaker 1: And we also know when we see your face it's the holiday season, so it's always nice to see you. I'm ready.
Speaker 8: I'm always ready for we love a theme.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for coming. Glad we could get you guys out of school for a couple of hours just.
Speaker 3: On a boring old Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Remember it is Giving Tuesday, our fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon. We'll be out here for another hour. As we wrap up the Gary and Shannon shows up.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, it's the big twelve o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: The big one.
Speaker 1: It's here.
Speaker 2: It's just around the corner. Oh my god, I feel it's not going. It's breathing down your hapes. Yes, we will be right back to the Gary and Shannon Show. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.