Speaker 1: So how about we let gay people get married but call it something else. You homosexuals will have all the exact same rights as married couples, but instead of referring to you as married, you can be butt buddies. Instead of being man and wife, you'll be butt buddies. You won't be betrothed, you'll be butt bodies.
Speaker 2: Welchel two going down to South Park, the podcast where we always have ourselves the time, and this week we're gonna be following that egg.
Speaker 3: I am ando and I am guy. It's what a great pleasure to go back to a time when the biggest concern in the world was ken gays get married. Yeah, there is.
Speaker 2: You'll be very careful episode, don't we.
Speaker 3: Why Parker and Stone work? They were going to harden the paint with those slurs.
Speaker 2: The thing is, though they use slurs on South Park to emphasize how ridiculous it is, Oh absolutely, but that there's also an element of, well we can this is our way of getting away of view using slurs as well, because I don't think any other show on television, particularly then, even mostly now, no should even I don't thin stuffuck could even use that word now, the F word would they oh no, or they might you know, it depends, uh maybe anyway they're getting millions of dogs account.
Speaker 3: I imagine for comedic effect, yes they would do so, but they were not not even comedic effect, but they would have to be some kind of motivation behind it other than just for a cheap laugh, yeah, which seems to be you know, kind of a cheap laugh in this one, I think in some ways. Yeah, But I don't know, it seems like we're at that part of the news cycle where everyone was like, oh, guess what, guys, we're all right wing now, so we can say the slur or the f slur again between twenties with that feels like a very twenty twenty five thing now that we're in twenty twenty six, cause like, I think we got bigger problems. But yeah, I mean I think I think when Parker and Stone do it not to sort of you know, put too much of a crown on these guys like well or the right kind of slur merchants. But yeah, I think when they do it, they tend to have a point behind it, or they do it for a larger sort of meaning that.
Speaker 2: They don't see a lot of people if they use this word. A lot of people were saying, I can't believe they use that word here is I can't believe they use it, But they're using it for a good reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also they've got a certain character using it a certain way. It puts a hat on a hat on a hat.
Speaker 2: They make sure missus Garrison is the one saying it here or Cartman is the one saying yeah, the one who's being the one who's like the villain.
Speaker 3: Sort of morally bereft or adrift. Yeah. Absolutely, I want to call them. Garrison's not a villain here. He is just entitled. He is thoughtless or thoughtless, thoughtless and careless. Yeah, there's an episode later on. I'm sorry I should have looked this up, but it's certainly one where they go into the whole meaning of the F bomb or the f slur, because I think when the F bomb which is fuck, and the F slur, which I will not say, Yeah, but they sort of talk about that, and I think at some stage, I'm trying to remember if it's in south Park, they say there's also the reason that there's just a fun word to say.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that one. Okay, they said, that's someone with the guys on the Harley's Yes, I've seen clips, I haven't seen I can't remember the episode. Yeah, so likewise, I'm not sure. I can't remember the name of the episode, which probably should.
Speaker 3: I'll look it up now.
Speaker 2: I also remember the Simpsons did use it, but they did it in a really dare I say, obnoxious way of saying, we said the F word, but really he's talking about a pile of sticks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, And I think they do that as well in that South Park episode that you're about to look up. It's funny though, I mean word. So yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the twelfth episode of the thirteenth season.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll get there eventually, folks.
Speaker 2: The town of south Park is played by a hang on the town of south Park is played by a large group of loud, annoying Harley Davison writers who right around creating noise and demanding attention.
Speaker 3: Is indeed, and they get called a certain word and things that are up in court. We're busy guys here at Full Finger Disco Industry is of the Foking, a discount network. We're recording two episodes of our shows today. We were going to record three, but then I said it's going to be too hat agent, weren't you. Yeah, that's exactly how he said it, exactly, pretty good. Finally an impression you can do. Oh god damn, where shots and one another? You come tune in for that spicy band folks. But we were also going to record an episode of four Finger Discount.
Speaker 2: Between us Sidefeld as well the Junior Mint for our patrons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's a gag in this in the Simpsons episode that we were going to talk about Thursdays with Aby from the season twenty one, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, I've ever heard from the season twenty one. I've never heard it the season twenty one.
Speaker 3: Well, um breached that day where it's like have you got the Fox show? It's on the internet. But where there's a gag that's kind of it's one of those lazy, sort of quite unquite gay panic gags.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily or that's just twenty or any.
Speaker 3: One or dude humor, which you know, I don't necessari mind. I am, after all a dude, but I don't know. I think I kind of prefer being upfront with your with your misogyny or your homophobia or something like that. At least just you know, you're punching me in the face as opposed to stab me in the back.
Speaker 2: It always feels weird too of the Simpsons when they have these what dare I say, like it's a gay panic jokes or just sometimes it just seem cruel. It's just gay gay jokes for the second gate where the gay is the punchline, right, the fact that they're gay after homophobia, Like it's such a perfect episode, explaining having Homer play the cartman role and having him by the end going oh, oh, wait a.
Speaker 3: Minute, yea, yeah, yeah, and that's more you turn the page or close the check or even close the whole book on that thing. And then it's like, oh but wait a minute, we like getting laughs and this is a good shortcut to doing so. I had to be the guy who says, do better, do better.
Speaker 2: But again, though, Trey and Matt have also said in the past, we won't tackle Trump because it's too easy and everyone else is doing it. And now he's become a main character in the season, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these times are unprecedented, what can I say?
Speaker 2: And saying that though that Trump first episode where Trump appeared that got more sort of buzz for South Park than I've seen in a long time. Yeah, So sometimes I guess you just have to You've got to play the hits, start doing some reaction videos.
Speaker 3: What do you reckon? Sorry, my mouth was in the way. That marcaphone was in my way there.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I saw and I sent it to Mitch, right.
Speaker 3: I saw.
Speaker 2: It was about cricket, right, and all I asked, I asked Ali, Mitch, where you gotta get cricket bat fixed? And he's like, there's some tutorials on YouTube as a tutorial on how to like change the grip on your cricket bat, and the guys like the grip and the guy's face was like, why are you doing shock face?
Speaker 3: Why are you doing soy face? The cricket bat?
Speaker 2: How to change a grip on a cricket bat? And he's like what was he holding? And I'm like yeah, and I'm like it's.
Speaker 3: Like, how do I do this?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh my god, even the cricket fucking stuff doing it.
Speaker 3: Oh. Look, there's a lot of things to like about YouTube. I mean, I spent a fair bit of the night on it. Last night. It was like, get this stuff on TV. But it was maps that's married at first. I'm sure there's.
Speaker 2: A couple points in time when we'll put videos out where we're not doing soy face, but like it might be laughing, like a screenshot or something.
Speaker 3: We're not done that.
Speaker 2: We're not Yeah, we're not turning to the camera and going what what?
Speaker 3: I hate it?
Speaker 2: I hate it so much and we'll pull a train mat that that's all we'll do next season.
Speaker 3: And you know what will be so fucking right.
Speaker 2: We get so many people contently are saying contacting us the emails or whether it's reviews on YouTube saying I'm not I'm iTunes saying love the show. I do find it funny they had in the first season. I said, they're never charging him for money, and now they're doing your Patreon and I'm like, you're and your point being, I get that. But I was also a time when I was doing one show a week and I said, I'm never gonna be put that out, never going to charge money for the show. Right, I'm still putting the show out for free. I'm doing a bunch of other ship as well for you guys to enjoy. He's gonna pay us to do it. I can't just do it for free.
Speaker 3: Well, that great American hero, the Joker. You know, if you're good at something, never do it for free.
Speaker 2: Pop hare three shows a week for you guys for free. I'm also here. I don't want to complain that. One thing you do want to complain, though, is that I saw the title for this episode, follow that Egg, and a small part of me was hoping it was going to be some sort of a parody of Follow that Bird.
Speaker 3: I had a feeling you were about to follow that Bird, which I maybe saw once back in the day, like again because I was paid to do so as a reviewer and have never thought about it since. But honestly, the minute you started to talk, the second you started talking about following that, I'm like, he's gonna say follow that bird, isn't he?
Speaker 2: Well, the Muppets are on the tip of everyone's tongue at the moment, aren't they. It's like everyone's starting to realize no, I've been telling them for years. The guy of voices kermit, no good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like no bueno. Yeah. But there's a good point.
Speaker 2: Someone through out there, though, was that the thing is Disney have done absolutely sweet. Fuck all with Disney for so long and been irrelevant since those movies, right the Muppets, which were over ten years ago?
Speaker 3: Now right, yeah, Disney done call with the Muppets. You with the Muppets. What did I say? Disney's with Disney?
Speaker 2: Sorry with Muppets, Yes, with Muppets, Yes, and the Disney whatever insert your marvel. The Muppets have been so irrelevant now for over a decade since those movies that no one realized that the voice of Kermit changed since those movies, And then they're.
Speaker 3: Going, well, is you're different now? It's been different for a decade, but no one's paid any attention to anything Muppet related. I think someone was saying the other day it's like, basically everyone in the world can do a good Kerman impersonation except the person they got voice in kerm Can you do No? No, I can't Kit the frog Frog. It's very similar to you.
Speaker 2: It was Frank, Jim Henson, and Steve whit My I think his name was. Jim Henson was Kermit, Frank Oz was Miss Piggy and Fozzy Frank. I did see the clip and Kerman's voice as I mean, people are saying, will you stop complaining about the voice and just let us.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the Muppets.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I do see alan of that, because I'm just own glad that Kevin's voice aside, the Muppets are finally seemingly getting a revival that seems worthy of the Muppet brand. I watched some clips and it did feel very early Muppet Show esk.
Speaker 3: Okay, And it's got Sabrina Carpenter and who everybody loves.
Speaker 2: Apparently except the Grammys. She lost She I don't know who she lost too, but she's become a meme now of her.
Speaker 3: Oh was she plunging her face?
Speaker 2: So this is the thing. Everyone's like, you try and tell me. They didn't set this up so they everyone expected Sabrina Carpenter to win apparently the Best Pop Album or something, and she didn't. And as soon as they announced the winner, they cut straight to Sabrina Carpenter's face. But she's the guest, yes, And it's produced by Seth Rogen. Of course he's on the show as well, just produce something. He's gonna be in it. Well, of course, you know he has to voice of bebof rock Steady on the team. He's gonna be he's gonna be on it some way.
Speaker 3: By the way, drawing a bit of a long bow here. But I think, you know, this is the shows that we do. I think we would be remiss if we did not talk about the sad and sudden passing of mister Rogan's studio coastar Katherine O'Hara passed away. We're recording this on Tuesday. Catherine Hower passed away on the weekend at the age of seventy one. And if this was really really unexpected, and yeah, it hit so many people on so many different levels. I mean, you're a home alone guy, shouldn't beat a juice. So, yeah, I have not watched too much of Ship's Creek.
Speaker 2: I'm no more. She's Kate mckallossy to me.
Speaker 3: He is there. You've got a bunch of people like, oh shit, it's more from from Ship's Creek. That's terrible. You're home alone guy. Oh my god, it's Kevin's mum.
Speaker 2: I'm ill think of just Kent Universe and I'm dructing a tribute here. Seinfeld, what is George watching in the episode?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm it's hopefully to just get universe mate. It's like, oh my he's watching her alone. Rip Katherine O'Hara. Yeah, and yeah, I love bel Juice in of course. And you know, a lot of the stuff that she did on SCTV was fantastic, and all the stuff she did with Christopher Guest and his sort of rep company.
Speaker 2: Schweinstein shared a clip of a sort of like a celebrity squares thing with Katherine what's that show that Canadian's got cts and stuff? And John Candy fucking hilarious.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolute absolute gem of a performer. Yeah, yeah, so we Yeah, the world's a little dimmer yeah today as a result. Yeah, very very sad.
Speaker 2: So I'm yeah, thoughts to all her family and friends and yeah, everyone who was affected by their party.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't. She was. She was married with a guy named Bo Welch was like a productions diyner. I think, I don't know if you designed. I think he designed like Batman returns. I think he worked with Tim Burton a lot. I mean it really really talented guy and they had a couple of kids together, and yeah, it's it's really really sad. Yeah, Catherine, it was great.
Speaker 2: What were your favorite moments so in particular, Look, I had I.
Speaker 3: Had a few. I'm always a fan when Trey Parker breaks into song and love Love last long ago. Oh that was not a bad trade Parker, but impression. But also I like that you got a reprise over the ingredient. By the way, I know I keep saying this, but the day is coming up next weekend, The Lovely the Weason I going to Melbourne to celebrate our seventh anniversary and to go to the Book of Mormon, which is returning to Melbourne Stages or has actually been on Melbourne Stages. I'm sure it's been to Australia before. Maybe hasn't. I saw it in England. Okay, well, anyway it's coming to Melbourne, and yeah, we're not going to go see it this weekend. I love that Garrison was trying to appeal to what looked like his demographic when he was saying I'm not going to say the words, but I do like a little rhyming slur.
Speaker 2: I think no, we can say it. He says fag drag yes, which is a.
Speaker 3: Terrible thing to say because essentially you are tying someone to the back of a car or a pickup truck and the whole way, which is something I think it's in my favorite moments too, like he's tirade here when he says that term.
Speaker 2: It's just the way he says, we're round up three or four of them, and it's like, it's just what's it's hilarious in the way it's delivered, and how ridiculous it sounds. Right, But the sad state is that that really happens. Oh goodness, and that's why they're doing it. It's like, do you see how fucking crazy this sounds?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, again, sorry in subvision research at this time around, but I'm trying to remember if there was a case around this time. I don't think involved a gay person.
Speaker 2: I think it was an African American boy go dragged, Yes, I remember that. I think it was around this time. As sooner I think in the last ten years.
Speaker 3: It's like, how fucking depraved of you people that you're tying some of the back of your truck or whatever and just then just hitting the road. Obscene.
Speaker 2: That's why they had, as you said, what he thought was his demographic, That's what I just thought. We were just going to appeal it.
Speaker 3: I just love the baitings with like we don't hate homosexuals. We just don't think they should get married, honestly, not to get all you know what a bat is in here, but I think you'll find that's often the case with a lot of people. At least they will say this like we don't actually hate them, we're sort of just we're about the sanctity of marriage, which is a whole other thing talking about later. But yeah, I mean, I thought that was hilarious. Well, I thought that was really funny that he was like, I've got my group and they're really going to swallow everything I'm throwing out. And he's like, drag gray. And I love how weak willed the governor.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you can with a study not to do anything.
Speaker 3: I just wanted a big house and lots of respect. I don't want this has like so many politicians, this sounds like someone who might be running the world superpower at the moment. He didn't really want to be the president. He just wanted a nice house and the title of president.
Speaker 2: They tried to situation by going you won't be married, you'll.
Speaker 3: Be but oh one of the one other things. And this involves Garrison when he's meeting I think, is it Jakarta the name of the Arthur Jacartha, the Assassin. It's a really weird sort of spin. He puts on a line at the end when he's trying to convince him to do it. I'm trying to convince him to you know, you pussy, you can't do anything. Why are you scared of one little egg? What is that an outtake that's going on there?
Speaker 2: I can see and being some sort of like assassin. What's the episode where who's trying to kill Kathy?
Speaker 3: Give it? Yeah? Yeah, little bit? How terrible that that's what we remember about you a little bit? But yes, everything up to them was normal that way. He scared of one little leg. It's happening. What did you like?
Speaker 2: Two of my fa the butt Buddies and the Garrison's tire, but also had Cartman not trusting Garrison either. Why do you mean so nice to me? I just want to help you out. What do you want for me? Carbon's like, I know, no one's this good.
Speaker 3: It's the unstoppable force meaning the immovable object. Carbon's like, no, no, I'm the one who was always pulling ship. Like you know, he can't fathom that someone else will be playing the game on his I know.
Speaker 2: This game, mate, I know you can't form meet anything else you enjoy.
Speaker 3: There's stuff throughout all the episode, but we'll talk about that when we talk about it.
Speaker 2: Well, there's other topics I want to touch on as well before we get to the deep dive review. I love that mister Slave returns here because I've been comple well long now. It feels like mister Slaves has been written out of the show, and I think by not including him in episodes for a while, it has a better impact here. When he's like, I don't give back to mister Slave, and I'm like, part of me is going, yeah it, mister Slave, and part of me is also going, no, don't do it, mister slave.
Speaker 3: He's not a good person. You just said better than this, and I'm glad what I saw.
Speaker 2: I know it's very stereotypical to have the other gay guy, big gayl is his partner, but that aside, I like that mister Slave found happiness.
Speaker 3: Well, these are things I mean, I think when Parker and Stone tend to sometimes when they do these rebound relationships or second act relationships of whatever they are, it's usually with someone who's in approach the one I always think of as the when Satan Leafsidam and ends up with Chris the pussy Is it Chris? I think it was Chris. Yeah, the nicest guy in the world. Who But he's you know, just an absolutely sort of wimp. He's too sensitive for his own good. I get the feeling of the Parker and Stone and maybe played that once or twice.
Speaker 2: But I think mister Slaves actually he prefers to be gay. It doesn't want Garrison anymore. Well, first of all, he's gay as a PA and Garrison wants I forgive you except me as a woman.
Speaker 3: And it's like slave doesn't have to like women. No, no, I like men. Garrison has learned nothing. Yeah, but look, it's unfortunately. I mean I think everyone has been guilty of this in the past. You break up with someone and you tend to think, well, they're just going to be miserable until I knock on their door again. It's like, let's give it another shot. So I've been married to this duo for five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I said the nigga the other day, and like, how the wan to take you to move on from me? She's like, depends what you did to make me leave? In the first place.
Speaker 3: I'm like, cool blooded, good, not at all thought about have nod that one in the back pocket. Honestly, we'll play Nicola. That's like yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I want to touch on I feel like there's a bit of surrogacy, the theme of surrogacy here where Wendy's like, I just want to see my see my egg, and she's like, no, no, it's not your egg anymore. So it's like the mothers who are mother and they give up the baby. It's like there's still the element that you can't take away that motherly connection, whether they want to admit it or not. It's like, even though it's not legally my child, I birthed it.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh oh yeah. And I mean look the fact that it was part of your body for quite it for nine months if I recall correctly. Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 4: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people trivia time.
Speaker 2: My first question for you is I realized I hadn't put any trivia questions.
Speaker 3: I only have two questions.
Speaker 2: An you have two questions. How many signatures do they round up for the Governor's office. Oh man, that's the drag man. That is a good question. It's a pretty round number, think of nothing big, but enough to make you go, oh that's enough.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to say one thousand, three hundred one thousand. That is a round. That's one of the rounds of round numbers. When beabe us stand to look after the egg, where is she going? She wants to go to two places. Ah, yeah, the hair salon, yes, and the andy store. Correct. Oh, yes, I knew.
Speaker 2: My next question for you is when Garrison is talking to Jacartha, he says how much is he going to pay him up front? And how much when it's finished?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, all up, it's five grand?
Speaker 3: Okay. Then well let's say he'll pay two upfront and three at the correct. Yes, yeah, because that's how you didn't pay more upfront. That's how I do it, and it certainly don't do half half. No, you gotta give him a little taste at the stand and then there's money. There's more where they came or on delivery. Yeah. Revealing stuff about myself. Speaking of a Garrison and Jacartha, what is the name of the bar where they meet?
Speaker 2: I was gonna be my next question is it the Acbar?
Speaker 3: It's the actbar?
Speaker 2: Star Wars reference. I guess, General at Bar.
Speaker 3: I guess or also just blatant Middle East and racism again by Bark ground Stone in the in the Team America vein.
Speaker 2: But it did look like Middle East?
Speaker 3: And it did, yeah, writing, yeah, it's it's very sweet that you'll, you know, Admiral act Bar and I'm like, oh no, they're just slurring on this racist I'll try and find one more question for you. I don't have any more any more. You can try and think of one, can't. Yeah, was my understanding.
Speaker 2: There will be no work, So all right, let me just try to think who was Cartman peed up with?
Speaker 3: I want to say, no, not Powder. Was it Powder? That was Kenny? I think? Okay, actually I think was it red? Powder?
Speaker 2: Was who I was thinking? I think maybe I've get confused. I think it's actually Kenny because powder was the answer? Actually Kenny, because that's such a random name. Yeah, I think it's Kenny. Yeah yeah. Going Down to South Park is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive South Park reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of four Finger discount Tales of Futurama, Bobby's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Seinfeld, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com. Slash four finger discount any more questions for me?
Speaker 3: No, No, what do you think of when you think of powder?
Speaker 2: I think of powder. I think of powdering your baby's ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was leading the end of that. Do you ever see that there was a movie called Powder? Do you remember that? Power? Did? Now?
Speaker 2: Powder sounds like a two thousand and two comedy star in Dane Cook.
Speaker 3: Does sound like that, doesn't it? But apparently it's like, oh, it's Powder, right, said right? Powder? No, it's like this. I think it was from the nineties. Okay, I think Jeff Goblin might be in it. Powder. Look like, let's see if you're right, Powder, Let's see who else was in it? Powder Film, nineteen ninety five. Jeff Goblin was in it. The main actor, apparently was Sean Patrick Flannery, who was the Young Indian Jones and the Young India Jones Chronicle. An animatic young man Powder living Powder that's his name, living in a small town, possessing an incredible intellect can sense people's thoughts around him. The odd appearance soon becomes a cause of worry. Sounds like a crime show. Looks like a weird alien looking dude. I mean, he's like I on albino, but he's like completely sort of pale skinned, heelers. He looks a bit like an alien apparently shot like Kelly Powers. I've seen pictures of this. Yeah, a horror movie.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was not the guy from Uh I forgot the Harry Potter, the ball do.
Speaker 3: What's his name? Voldemort?
Speaker 2: He just hasn't got the nose obviously, who.
Speaker 3: Must not be named apparently, Well, it's Voldemort. You shouldn't say his name. Then then everybody starts saying his name.
Speaker 2: I've never watched the release to read the book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're just so anti JK Rowling and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, No, just it's one of those things wrong. It's like kind of like Lord of the Rings. I went, I'll get to it one day, and then I got to them day Lord of Rings and really enjoyed them. Harry Potter was just like, eh, I'm just I'll get to him. I feel like, I know, it's never really appealed to me.
Speaker 3: I get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, so he's a guy who can read thoughts. Have you saw this guy on the street, you'd be going, thank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stop in my thought. Stopping my thought. I was like, so he's basically got no hair on his body at all. People like picking on, Is this like a drama? I think so? And then by the end everyone learns a lesson about tolerance.
Speaker 2: So the movie is rated fifty percent rotten tomatoes.
Speaker 3: The fact that his name Powder is just weird, yeah, and the fact that his white sort of looks like his coaching baby Powder, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, you didn't think very hard. Well is that his real name?
Speaker 3: Powder?
Speaker 2: That names people gave him? I know, Jeremy Powder to read is a young al Biino man who's incredible intellect. So his name is not Powder.
Speaker 3: Okay, so all the next logow, Okay, what did well? Budget? Nine point five box office thirty point nine Powder. By the way, if you want to not ruin your old day, but you know, feel free to google Powder. Writer, director scandal, who's I'm not talking to you? Who's the right director? Gentleman named Victor Selba who apparently.
Speaker 2: Victor Silver for directing Jep is creep Oh, jeep is creepers?
Speaker 3: Go this one?
Speaker 2: Yes, I know one indeed? Yeah, not good at all? No, great, No, makes you sort of not want to watch. I mean I've watched your best scripts for a long time anyway. But it's just it's icky.
Speaker 3: Well it was designed to becky, but yeah, it adds out of a level of wickinness. But this ickiness all over the world there is indeed, yes, indeed, all right, but not in this episode. No, there is plenty of vickiness, but yeah, but carmedy. Before we get into the last though, it's time to read out those incredible people that support the show on our Patreon and cheese boos. I love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs. Weed didn't need cheesypoofs, sweety indeed you want me to read it or do you want to read them out? Sure? Why not? Okay, I'll turn that leftop around the and go for it. So okay, First of all, we have to give our top not shout out to our numero uno patron Katy G with a one hundred dollars patronage fantastic KG, thank you so much. Here are our Patreon producers. Is according to Dano's no eat them in a very cheesy manner, Glenn Glmez, Justin Parker, this could take forever, Chenny Mecca Elliot, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rag Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean dB this is exhausting. Pete Anderson, Timothy Berlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Daniel Blant, Flood, Bella Windebank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod, Mark Trelevin, Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray, Dalia Enriquez, Talia Enriquez, I mean uh love lost the Friend Deaclan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan Bee, James Shepherd, Joe Raidensack, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lang, Damian Miller, Charlie Joe and Abigail be Sharp Carter.
Speaker 2: So if you want your name, are datte in a cheesy manna?
Speaker 3: That was really tiring. How does the guy friend sat it out live? Do it everyway? Music? Your's day musical guest? Abigail b Shop Carter. Wow, those guys doing their money. No wonder the in a world guy has retired in a world. Yeah, that's the thing and I love to be that guy. That's the thing. It's it's not that you know, people don't want that. He was just like, I can't do it anymore. Yes.
Speaker 2: The thing is, all trailers are the same. I've watched three trailers in recent times. Last week or so. I'd usually avoid trailers, and I was like, oh, we still haven't evolved from the same sticks.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's just boom, oh yeah, boom.
Speaker 2: This is a Disney film.
Speaker 3: Why are we doing this? Every trailer is the same. I just watched this video where they were reviewing a particular film, but they were also talking about a trailer for another upcoming film. When they were saying how, it seemed like is there a playass Reviewing trailers is a podcast? They weren't reviewing trailers, but they were talking about trailers and just terrible apart. Maybe do it on the movie guard with Montin.
Speaker 2: Watch trailers and see if we can work out what the movie is about.
Speaker 3: But there was a how in place of the in a World Guy in a World. Yeah, it seems like they had ai'ed one of the voices of one of the characters to sort of give a bunch of exposition because it seemed like the characters weren't actually saying that, Oh yeah, why did you bring back in the World?
Speaker 2: Guy?
Speaker 3: Everybody loves it. Everybody loves it.
Speaker 2: If I went to the movies and I started in a World, I'm like, well, you've already got my money.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Also, I like back in the day, back in the day, well enough now to say back in the day, and it means something where they would film shit or put scenes into the trailers that didn't make the final cut of course, and you'd go to the movies thinking you knew what was going to happen, and you didn't because they fucked within the trailer.
Speaker 3: Well, it was either a bait and switch on their part, of deliberate bait and switch, or there was just so many reshoots. Yeah. The most famous, well not the most famous example of this, but a good example of this recently was Rogue One. What happened to that? Oh look, there was so much stuff in their initial Rogue One trailer where it's like, really, yeah, I think it was even a bit was like Lauris Whitgiger doesn't have that haircut in the movie. These are all completely different scenes.
Speaker 2: But I've not revisited Rogue one since it came out.
Speaker 3: No, and it's weird because I didn't think it was that good of a film in one of theirs.
Speaker 2: So I was really last five minutes maybe think the movie was better than it was.
Speaker 3: I think. And then they made two whole seasons of like the best Star Wars Joe ever, and then you've got this post Or Andrew is the lead up to Rogue one. It's like, this is rat this is incredible. And then you get Rogue one, which is kind of like three stars.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is and Or they've got the entire series to sort of flesh things out, mate things matam more. They do Rogue ones like people are going here, They've got two hours. Makes shit happen? I guess, yeah, but you know, and you start with the movies coming out soon?
Speaker 3: Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: Everyone psyched from starting starting Gogu and the Mandalorian.
Speaker 3: What's it called. It's cool, it's called the Mandalaurian and groog You get the order rate, all right?
Speaker 2: So the visual ad I'll follow that egg was November second, two thousand and five. Didn't you box officely tell me two thousand and five?
Speaker 3: What are it was Missus. Oh I can say Ice Age. Oh oh, actually, I think I say it's gonna be sort of hanging around. I think it just came out on the charts for a while. So to November second, two thousand and five, a very successful franchise which seems to have sort of been sort of kywashed for a while. Now. I think they're gonna come with reboot probably probably eventually Saw two.
Speaker 2: I Saw franchise did.
Speaker 3: Really it's like fucking ten of them, like one a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they I feel like they did there what they were going to do with Halloween, except Saw was always the same shtick. But it's like Halloween. They planned on doing a one every year, didn't they were. It's like Halloween three.
Speaker 3: Halloween Halloween brand with the best example is Halloween three season The Witch, which is like this does not have Michael Myers in it, but it takes a hallow it does they make margin it, which they made Halloween four the return of Michael Marer is like, Okay, you're gonna play the hits. I watched Halloween three and loved it. Halloway three is so dope. Yeah, the movies. When I was a kid, it was fantastic. I love it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Oh my god. Number two is a film that you love? Is it the Religion of Oh no, you've got the mass. I love the Mask of I do not like the Legends. Hey, and you know why?
Speaker 3: Why is that? Because has got a kid in it, and he's so he's like the little He's like the little kid from Modern Family. Oh okay he is.
Speaker 2: He also like, you know when the Simpsons had had a kid, and I'm like, no, yeah's a kid.
Speaker 3: One reason I like The Mask of Zorro because you got Antonio Bendaras and Catherine Za Jones is like smoke. You know, we're really honestly, it's like we're just boning. Yeah, And it's like but they were settled down and we got a family responsibilit It's like, fuck that noise. I just want to see swashbuckling and like the little kid, Zorro was like squirwing up. I think he actually says to some villains like you want a piece of me or something. I'm like, this had everything. This has got, you know, two smoking hot leads. I remember it had actors I liked as the villains and so and it's the follow up to the Mask. There was a villain in the masksorro in the Mask. It was a guy named Stuart Wilson. He was he was actually an English act You want it's bad representation because I mean they had like Anthony Hopkins, and I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, Anthony Hopkins is in one of the movies, isn't.
Speaker 3: He's in Mascers Are Okay, Yes, and playing Don Diego de la Vager and wearing a lot of brown foundation, one might say. And I think the villain as well is also an English guy who's playing Yeah, that's what's his face in Short Circuit. Not quite as egregious as that was as bitious Stephen. You watch twenty twenty five and you're like, oh shit, oh yeah, he's doing the ax never really like just justice the Hankers area after this. Yeah, No Legends Are Yeah is to use the language of the film No Bueno Okay.
Speaker 2: Number three was Prime Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: It's I think it's a romantic comedy with Meryl Streep, Uma Thurman and and some guy.
Speaker 2: The Prime Legends Are and Saw two were the top three films at the US box office. Has Got has gone from first to six. We used to make things in this country and not all of them are great. Doom went down seventy percent in one week.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the Rocks box office pool for you.
Speaker 2: Has he ever been a big box office pool?
Speaker 3: I guess he was. Well, I think post Fast five, everyone was like, yeah, we love this guy and we love him when he does this kind of thing. And then he just bought into it too much. Yeah, okay, very smart, right. I can't feel bad for the Rock Okay, Dwayne Johnson because he seems to be living his best life in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of pressure on him, so he always Yeah, he thrives on that.
Speaker 3: I think so. But yeah, he always seems to like want to Well, it's good to want to be the best at stuff. Because it was like, guess what here I am as Black Adam, and it's time to reconfigure the whole DC universe around me. It's like nobody wants to see he was Black Adam. Nobody cares they also see Black Adam. Oh, he's like all right. Time had me to be a serious actor and make this movie is like, no one wants to go watch this movie The Smashing Machine. Sorry, we're not nominating for an Oscar, even though you're probably pretty good in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one thing DC Comics were missing was Stanley because there's just there's so many, so many sub characters in Marvel that DC just doesn't seem to have. It's like, it's Batman, Superman and the others. Well, you got your Aquaman's and your kind of thing, but are you watching you?
Speaker 3: Just like having said that, both equamen, Well, certainly the first one made like a billion dollars. Yeah, every fucking super hero movie was making a billion dollars at that point, wasn't it. Let's think you do you remember they made the second one. I did not watch it exactly anyway. What we did watch is this episode, and it is follow that Egg Get back on direct guest John Hanson again as mister Slave Jesus Christ, written and directed by Trey Parker, snips and kicks off at the school and Missus Garrison is going to be teaching the kids all about parenting, and what they're going to be doing is a an experiment where they're gonna be paired up in couples and they're going to look after an egg for a week and if the if you break the egg, then you get a dead baby, and if you have a dead baby, then you get an EF. A dead baby means an a f Did you ever do this kind of experiment in school? I think we did it protecting an egg.
Speaker 2: I think I have memories of doing it, but I can't tell you what happened, but I don't. I don't think I was paired with anybody. It was just no, I had my egg out to protect.
Speaker 3: They were about responsibility as opposed to like parenthood.
Speaker 2: So I had a tamagotchi when I was a kid, which is like, you know, a digitalized animal. You know, tamagotchi were, of course, and it's like, you know, you had to protect this thing, and you know it would be full of pooh. And I had friends that woo the full pooh. Yes, so it do poohs. You had to clean the poof. You didn't clean the poop, it would die. Basically, yeah, so you have to look look after this thing. And my friends had tamagotchi's and they had took great pleasure in killing their tamagotchi, just letting it get full of shit, full of shit and dying, not feeding it. Blah blah blah. Well, I cherished this thing. I'll never forget, I've told this podcast. I just behavior, I know, but I remember I looked after this thing relentlessly, right, always fed it. It became consumed me, right, this little little dando. I remember we had a cubby house down in the back that was on legs at the end of the backyard like a Queenslander. Yeah, that was yeah cook and we yes, yes, and we I put the tabagotchi on this that the what you call the balcony, I guess. And I was bowling my cricket wickets I used to. I had painted cricket wickets on the leg of the cubby house. And I remember I bowled the ball and I hit the wickets. We hit the stump of the of the of the cubby house and the Tabagatchi fell off, and i'mber here and and it was the sound of death.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm seeing this in slow motion. Yeah, I'm like Tampa Godi.
Speaker 2: I told mom about it recently because I saw tamagotchis in the shop again. I was like, remember how to Tampa gotch you?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, that day you killed your Tama gotcha. God you're so sad.
Speaker 3: The shows that you're an empathetic person. Yeah, it's it's like the test at the start of Blade right now where there are about you see a turtle on its back, Why don't I turn it over? Then he shoots the guy spoilers for Blade, right.
Speaker 2: I like the idea that Garrison here signs the egg to make sure that you can't suck it up or rig it, you know, like smash you can get a new one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say, I don't think I've got my eggs on.
Speaker 2: I think there was just like an honest yeah, or they didn't even care. There's something every kid has to do, just take an egg homes.
Speaker 3: This hardly seems like part of the school curriculum. It doesn't seem like reading, writing and arithmetic.
Speaker 2: It's just something we did. Yeah, I don't know that. Do they still do that? I wonder right in south Park mailbag at gmail dot com? Do people still you got kids out? Ali hasn't done it yet. But have they sent you your kid home with an egg yet? Yes, let's see what happens. But Stan is worried they're going to be pairing it up with Wendy. We haven't seen him in Wendy together.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 2: There's two relationships here that haven't been sort of discussed for a long time, Garrison and Slave and Wendy and Stan.
Speaker 3: Do you think Parker and Stone might have done that deliberately? Maybe? Yes.
Speaker 2: And Stan is annoyed though when instead of himself being paired with Wendy, it's actually Kyle and all of a sudden he's jealous. What Oh I just assumed, Oh, she's happy with somebody else.
Speaker 3: Oh, kids are feeling things for the first time, and when you feel things for the first time, you tend to feel them pretty intensely.
Speaker 2: Yes, Stan gets baby like, if you want to go it's baby right. She seems like she's she's Oh yeah, she's the girl you fuck with her. You know, she knows, she knows what's going on. But stand is shot here?
Speaker 3: Did you say that?
Speaker 2: It's only it's not really even acknowledged. But he gives token a brown egg.
Speaker 3: Oh I miss that. Oh boy took us a lot. Looks seriously well done. Well, maybe not well done on Garrison's but that's terrible. But maybe thought he was been you know, oh, maybe thought he's been inclusive, being inclusive? Yes, possibly, but so Stan thinks that Kyle, you know, oh my god, Kyle's going to be flirting with when he's like, Kyle couldn't give two ships about at all. The kids are now decorating their eggs as Garrison sings about his love with mister Slave. Maybe you should give it another try.
Speaker 4: Just look at all these little families, newfound couples and happy home. It takes me back to another time when I had a love of my own.
Speaker 6: Love love, love, love girl. It was special there over now so darn friil, you know it shriveled and dried.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I did like that. As he's walking out the classroom, the kids looking funny because the kids can hear him, Oh yeah, it's got some reverie. He's actually gotten into this.
Speaker 2: And he goes to watch Wendy and Kyle Peyton their egg and then he has a vision of himself in a wedding dress and he gets the idea, I want to get married now. So he drives to mister Slave's house and he goes up to the door and apologizes for calling him the F word and forgives him for walking out him though and having his sex changes. He's ready to take him back. But what does he say?
Speaker 3: Ooh?
Speaker 2: But it turns out because Big Gate howls behind him, explains they're getting married. They've been been seeing him for a few months.
Speaker 3: I think it's like something like five months.
Speaker 2: That's not long before getting married. He've been living here for a few months.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He says, you can't get married your F word and he says.
Speaker 3: Yes, your British cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a polo sticks, I'm a woman. You're supposed to be marrying me. You can't marry him.
Speaker 3: You're two men.
Speaker 2: And he says, we're gonna be passing a bill in Colorado this Saturday. I believe it's going to be and they're gonna as he says, they're gonna let queers and homos get married. He's not gonna let it happen. He threatens to stop the bill. Then Stand calls up Kyle and he says what he guys doing? And Kyle says, what was making a cradle for the egg? So protects It doesn't get right because Kyle just wants that.
Speaker 3: A that's all he wants. He thinks he assignment is stupid and what else is stupid?
Speaker 2: He had yes, yes, And other thing was it was nice a good and nice moment, nice payoff because these guys sometimes your friends you're taken for granted and and then sometimes it's important to let your friends know.
Speaker 3: That they're your friends and you respect you in a friend way, you know what I mean, like I need you in my life. But well he's that very garrison just then yes, but he he a friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he's he says he, he says he had stupid and Kyl's like, where the hell did that come from.
Speaker 3: Then baby knocks on the door and ask everybody's projecting. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're they're being absolute projectionists.
Speaker 2: Some babies knocks at the door and asked stand to watch their So basically they're playing the separated parents role here or just that I've got ship to do and you never do anything.
Speaker 3: The thing that the thing that's going around, it's like, oh, you'll see like social media occasionals, Oh I'm having a day off. Why my husband baby sits the kids. It's like, you mean their father, yeah, is parenting the child.
Speaker 2: Well, there's so many people they say to me, they go, oh, I must drive you crazy being here with the kids. All the time, and I'm like, no, I made them, Yeah, they're my children. Yeah, don't you ever need a break?
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: I'm having to break, yes, yeah, but it's not like I'm sitting there screaming.
Speaker 7: Like I do break.
Speaker 3: The woman is the only one who knows how to raise this children.
Speaker 2: So a lot of the time it's father's he said, know how you do it? And I'm like, have you ever done it?
Speaker 3: Like you go to I'm pretty sure you work it out. Yeah, that's parenting.
Speaker 2: A lot of it's just fucking winging it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: We all like to think we know what we're doing, but all of it is winging it. Even like we're talking on the weekend. I was telling you off the air like we had some issues of wholly misbehaving things like that, and you don't know whether what you're doing is right or wrong. It's just what comes to you. And parenting a lot of it just comes down to what you think is right and you hope to God it is right, and I hope to go that it is right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Going down to south Park is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you will find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive South Park reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of four Finger Discount, Tales of Futurama, Bobby's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Seinfeld, The One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger Discount. Stan, I need to watch the egg.
Speaker 5: For a while. I can't. I'm busy.
Speaker 8: I've been looking after it all day. I have to go to the hair salon in the candy store. So take it with you, Stan, this is our egg. We're bust to take care of it. Well, maybe I didn't want to have an egg with you, okay, baby, Well whether you wanted to or not, it doesn't really matter. Now we're going to get greeted together. It's your egg too. On of dear responsibilities.
Speaker 2: Gets the egg, throws on the cash, and keeps watching TV. Garrison is now holding a rally to stop this bill passing for legalizing gay marriage. He says, I need to run up three or four queers and beat the living hell out of him. And that's why everyone in the crowd who looks like a typical right wing redneck's late. I'm not sure about this, but I know he says the term f drag right. But there's something for me. I love the use of good old fashion, A good old fashioned, this.
Speaker 3: What it is about.
Speaker 2: There's a line in Radio Bart from The Simpsons where I think it's Jasper says, because there all the towns people are walking towards and dig the kid out of the well, and what's going on? It's a good old fashion holding What have you ever used the term good old fashion?
Speaker 3: I use it all the time. I'm sure I have just a good old fashion and hard you can use it. Sometimes you can use it with it with the tongue in your cheek. But sometimes, like things used to actually be pretty good. There are some things that, yeah, we did back in the day that we're kind of rad.
Speaker 2: Yes, basically saying that we don't think we want to do this, but we're not all about beating up Quiz. But we don't dislike gay people. We just don't think they should get married. You know, we won't take away their rights because it's more about protecting he said, the sanctity of marriage in their mind.
Speaker 3: Indeed, which is so that's always struck me as really odd. The fact that marriage is kind of this. I get the idea of like, yes, it's sacred and all this kind of stuff, but it's made up so much stuff is made up, Yeah, by human beings, just like you and me.
Speaker 2: I say to people I said, I've said to people who I know who have been that way, I've said, what's that called? They said, it's a chair? And I said, why is it called a chair? I just is because you've been told that's what it's called. It's because if you're a RACI to think that's called a poster. You were just called a poster.
Speaker 3: It's because the first person who got four bits of wood and then slapped a flat bit of wood on top of that said chair. Yeah, okay, man, you made it. Yeah, okay, lady, you made it lady. But yeah. The line that I always use with this kind of thing is like, oh, no, marriage is between a man and woman. It's like, okay, well, who we've invented that exposed. That's the way it goes. But it's not. It's not like gravity. Things evolve, Yeah, you can change it anytime. It's like I can't defy the laws of gravity. Yeah, because I'm not super but yeah, I'm pretty sure. We're like, oh yeah it was this. But these two dudes over here, they'd kind.
Speaker 2: Of like to do this isn't science. This is an idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is something that we created and made up.
Speaker 2: But they go to the governor's office with a thousand citgatures and he starts crying because of the pressure.
Speaker 3: Why do I have to make this decision? Why does it all follow? Me? Said?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to have some respect, Like you said, it was hilarious, and I.
Speaker 3: Like that, you know.
Speaker 2: And on one way, mind, Gay is getting married and keep saying I can't use that argument. I think I think basically Garrison is saying why he believed that shouldn't happens, Like, why can't you say that argument? So it basically says the Garrison, you can come back with the study. It proves why it shouldn't happen. It takes the responsibility off of me. I can blame it's I can say it's the study. You can say it's the science, the science, and then I can just sort of just shove on to science and it's not my decision, it's the sciences the decision. So then Garrison says, I'm vowed to get you that study, and we cut to Wendy and Bebe now at school discussing how Kyle and stand are going as dads and Kyle's fantastic but Stand no good, which my boy from wish my part was more like him. Then Garrison now puts all that I thought it was gonna be all the team's same sex, but it's not as that it changes it.
Speaker 3: It makes it standing.
Speaker 2: So Babe and Wendy and now together, and do we see how baby and Wendy's egg goes.
Speaker 3: I think we do. Yeah, it's funny because they only sort of make one allusion.
Speaker 2: To lesbians said about he says less later on dikeskes, which is only really less was last week the lessing out, yes, which was real.
Speaker 3: I mean we're sayingsolute a lot, and then we're still saying dikes. But that's only fan interesting in the version of this episode that I watched was they bleeped out fucking, but they kept in dikes.
Speaker 2: I think they would do the opposite these days. I watched a RR version and nothing was cut out.
Speaker 3: But that does happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that of course language fine, offensive terms sensor out absolutely, but Yes, So he's put Stand not on this podcast. He's put Standing Kyle together because so he's going to try and prove that these two boys can't protect this egg. And that's the study to justify why two gay men should not be allowed to get mad because they can't look after a kid.
Speaker 3: Two boys personally can take care of an egg.
Speaker 2: Yes, So the boys are sort of in the hall way, I think, and Kyle says he really wants that a. So he suggested that maybe I'll just look after the e because clearly you've got some issues going on.
Speaker 3: Dude, I prefer I just looked after the You're distracted.
Speaker 2: It's at Kyl's house actually, because Wendy comes.
Speaker 3: To the door.
Speaker 5: I want to see my egg.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 7: I want to see my egg, Wendy. It isn't your egg anymore.
Speaker 6: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: I made it.
Speaker 7: I decorated it. Well, you might have made it, but we're the ones who are making care of it. Now you have your own egg to look out for.
Speaker 5: I just want to hold my egg for a couple of minutes, Wendy.
Speaker 7: I just want to get an a. Okay, let's not make this any more confusing than it already is.
Speaker 5: Don't let anything happen to it.
Speaker 7: Please, Whinny, Nothing's gonna happen to the egg. You can have it when the week is over.
Speaker 5: And I get my grade freaking weirdos man.
Speaker 2: And very very brutal but accurate, cold blood Yes, Kyle says that you know whether one's taking care of it now, and Kyls is not making any more confusion than it is.
Speaker 3: She's like, I just want to hold it. We'll see it.
Speaker 2: I know I decorated this thing. Then Stan says I'm taking the egg, and he storms off of the egg. Then Garrison is now having the official egg check that's right, and it's like, oh, how about our gay couple standing Kyle, and they say, well, it's fine, and you freeze to believe that the eggs fine, Like, how could it possibly be fine?
Speaker 3: It can't be fine. It has two daddies you call that fine? Two daddies too daddies too dead, look at the freak egg.
Speaker 2: Yes, asked the kids to join in. Just again, though we laugh because the point is this is supposed to be funny of how stupid Garrison comes across. But then we get the news report outside the Governor's office and they're two days away from deciding whether they're going to be passing this bill or not, and the governor says, look, I've got a compromise. You can get married, but you're not going to be called a married couple. You're going to be what but buddies. It's not but buddies, but birdie, but but but birdies. You'll be a man and wife. You'll be but birdies. And then someone says, what about us lesbians? No one cares about you fucking die. So it's like again, just horrible people, despicable people, insensitive people. Yeah, Garrison is annoyed. Now they're standing Kyler doing fine. You're just sitting in his dex. What can I do about this? And Cartman arrives with a broken ee I broke it, Pylo Shell sticking together with I haven't told Heidi yet. Clightie's his partner, and he says, don't worry. I'd still give her an a she didn't break it. It's actually really nice in Cartman here.
Speaker 3: Well no, but then he tries to moneyball it by yes, I'm going to get announced. How about we meet and the men we both get to see money well played.
Speaker 2: Yes, Garrison says, I'll just give you a new egg, and Cart was confused by this. You've never been this called to me, Garrison, what's going on here?
Speaker 3: What's your angle? What do you want from me? And he says no.
Speaker 2: Then he threatens him to, I think, beat the shard of him all.
Speaker 3: So he basically grabs him and threatens, yeah. What does he say? Well, I think if you've got a heterosexual couple that has messed up the egg experiment, it's going to throw off his something like that.
Speaker 2: Anyways, he's angry at him, and then he goes to the bar to talk to Jacartha, the assassin, and he said, I want you to kill this thing here and shows him the foot of the egg. Pay two now three three grand later, and he goes, I'm an assassin.
Speaker 3: What he supposed to scramble it for?
Speaker 2: Do what you will, treating it like as a real person. And he says, I'm not doing it. So Garrison basically calls him a failure, says he's too scared to do it.
Speaker 3: So Jacartha changed his mind.
Speaker 2: He's going to assassinate to the egg stand is now packing his bag. It's day five is the final day, and they've made it through, and Kyle calls and says for the final edge check and they're going to be doing at the Governor's office and he's like, that's weird. While be doing at the Governor's office and Kyle asked Stan, why did to me lately? And he explains that I think you're just trying to impress Wendy and you know, you're just you're being you've been. Carl's basically like, I don't care about Wendy at all. Meanwhile, stands looking at the egg that he's holding and there is a stand stand was holding it and as a red dot on the egg and boom, Jacartha has shot the egg and he's exploded in his hand. He screaming because Kyle comes to see stand and stands just distraught.
Speaker 3: Pretty good assassination by Jacartha. It was on the egg like that, Yeah, dude knows this stuff. Stands like, you know, just go be with Wendy. And he's like, dude, I don't like Wendy. I just want that a And he's like, it's clearly here that stands still likes So if he just doesn't want to admit it here, which.
Speaker 2: I'm sure will probably play a role later down the track. Maybe they maybe they like each other again, iren't too sure, but Kyle says, you know, I wouldn't date my best friend's x. You know that that sort of talk. He's saying, you know, were my best friend. I need you guys, and Kyle's no stand just enough to go.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: I actually swapped out the fake kind of like the you.
Speaker 3: Gold Well Carl's full of vermes.
Speaker 2: Swapped out the fake egg for a real egg, so he's actually Kyle was holding the real egg, gave stand a fake one. So it turns out egg's not ruined after all. Stands happy because he says, Wendy went hating for being a bad dad.
Speaker 7: It was really important for me to get an a Stan, and baby said, you were so reckless with your egg, So he made a fake one for you and kept the original safe with me.
Speaker 5: That's the real egg with Garrison signature he had. I'm sorry. Then, then Wendy won't think I'm a total loser. Yeah, and I can still get my egg. Come on, buddy, let's go.
Speaker 3: Stan.
Speaker 5: Do you really think my hat is stupid? As a matter of fact, I think it is the nicest hat I've ever known.
Speaker 3: I don't know it was old Parker and Stone's mind, or certainly Parker's mind during these recent episodes, but you know in the last one, yeah, where Carptman's sort of talking about his various plans, and I think it's is it Cray who says, uh, let the man speak, dam you have David Cartman long enough, let the man speak. Now you've got a matter of fact, I think it's the pianist hat I've ever known. Yeah, what's going on with all this sort of Dickensian kind of proclamations?
Speaker 2: And I think it's just the two friends. It's to be so, I think.
Speaker 3: They're just making each other laugh in the writer's room, sort of talking this very that sounds funny. Yes, yeah, that's two episodes in a row. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The governor said to announce the decision. As I was saying, Missus Garrison has a non bias study here to reveal.
Speaker 3: Have we talked about why Garrison refers to herself as Missus Garrison when she's not married? Yeah, I know, I just it's been Missus Garrison for a while now, right. I think I think when the miss Garrison when the gender alignment surgery happened or what she instantly became missus. Garrison even so.
Speaker 2: Why do men get to be mister forever but women can only become missus when they get married.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the patriarchy, just ideas man work. It's been for five thousand years.
Speaker 2: But the government is getting a nast decision. Garrison's got the non Bia study, which means that the governor won't be hed accountable for that for the decision. Then he gets an emergency phone call that's from Stanton.
Speaker 3: Kyle, who are in a cab.
Speaker 2: There's a story behind this cab ride that we don't get, but I reckon there's a short film there basically because at the end the it's like thanks dude, He's like, no where his kids? He drops off his leaves and I'm like, there's those campaides would have been sued there the side story. Yeah, but Standing Kyler in the cab and this is where mister Garrison calls to Cartherine says, you didn't kill the egg? You know, possible, impossible, I'm certain idea is I know you didn't. Then Standing Kyler arrive through the crowded Jacartha's trying to shoot them, So these actually actually shot out a bunch of kneecaps, Yeah, knee caps. He throws grenades and blows people up, but the boys eventually make it. He says, here's the egg. It's fine, and then straight away the guy is like, gays can get married.
Speaker 3: The egg is one.
Speaker 2: Guys get married, gays and get what yeah, cars, Like, what are you talking about? What's got to do with anything? Then big gayl and mister Slaver finally getting married. They having their happy day, and Randy's proud of the boys.
Speaker 3: You know you did a good thing here today. I like that they are I now pronounce you man and man. But they're both wearing wedding dresses just where they it's awfully inclusive. Is awfully what's the winter I'm looking for? Awful?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, oh no, the mask is off.
Speaker 2: All people proud of the boys, like it's a good thing you did for these guys. You know, Randy's proud. Wendy's like, you know what I was wrong about you? You know I thought you could be a good day, but you couldn't. You look what you've come through. And Showy stands like, give a crap what you think Wendy. It's like, that's the mentality of kids and the mentality of people men.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm sure women are the same, but I'm coming from a men's perspective. It's you can have a girl, right, and you just, you know, don't grow tired of it. You're just like, yeah, you're young and dumb. You're like, oh, will break up. I don't care about it. Then you see Iver someone else is like, I want to back now.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you had her? What's that song? I want you back? It's literally in the title yes, the title.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then Garrison sings his sung again over the credits. As always, Garrison loans, no lesson here.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Would you call this an inclusive episode of South.
Speaker 3: Park or a tolerant episode? Yeah? Tolerant? Yeah, I think it's inclusive. You said it was inclusive with the wedding dresses and stuff. Sure, I think. But I used dumb words all the time.
Speaker 2: People could say it's offensive what they're using that word, and they're doing this and they're making them mocking. They're not mocking it at all. The whole point of it, as we always say, is that the people who are the characters who are saying the ridiculous things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at what's behind the word. Look who's saying it. Look for the meaning behind it. Don't just like oh they said they said they have slur? Why garant? But why did they said? And who said the f slur? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean the Simpsons tackled a similar thing. Remember when they legalized gay marriage and how he became the celebrant and Paddy got married and whatnot, and then turns out that the person she was marrying was actually a dude pretending.
Speaker 3: To be a woman. And it was just like, yeah, unraveled everything you're trying to do here, Like you may have had the best intentions, but you ft it all up like girls.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, you could have done this in a way that didn't have her being fooled by Yeah, it became it was a mockery of the situation with this one here, as ridiculous as it seems like. No, these are just two gay men in love and they finally got to be married because common sense prevailed.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so that is our review.
Speaker 3: I'll follow that egg.
Speaker 2: The next review we're going to be doing here at going down to South Park shall.
Speaker 3: Be ginger Kids. Wonder what that's about kids who may have ginger ale. It's a Brett because what makes Dan don't down. Creative brain has never stopped worrying.
Speaker 2: The thing is, if you want to get early in add free access to that review, you can do so by supporting us on Patreon. I know we flogged that dead horse every single week, but we would appreciate more people jumped on the bandwagon.
Speaker 3: It helps kip the lights on here, for that's not dead. They've still got a little life in it. Yet we'll keep flogging it.
Speaker 2: We love flogging things. Oh boy, oh boy, Early in free access to this show all the other shows we do it for Figotca Network.
Speaker 3: There's been a review of Follow that Egg.
Speaker 2: Next review shall beat Ginger Kids. But for now, today's any fun of words for those incredible listeners.
Speaker 3: We hope you've enjoyed this episode of Going Down to South Park, the podcast hosted by two Daddies,