Speaker 1: Yeah, rittad you needed by, so.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Come. Run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help me.
Speaker 4: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martine, Hi.
Speaker 3: Tom Marchino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve your problems, that's your question, to take your complaints, to make your life a little easier. Mark will be up in a minute here, Welcome to the show. We are here to help you anyway we can. I imagine Mark is on and ready to go. Are you there, Mark, yep.
Speaker 2: Yep, yup.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll get your camera up in a second here. And uh, by the way, Uh Andrew wants to talk about grease Monkey. Anything you want to talk about. All you have to do is call me.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Here's the number three oh three seven one three talk while we're on the air. You can call there, or you can call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven three oh three six two eight four sixty six. That number gets you into our office and voicemail system and no matter what, we will call you back. So welcome to the only show anywhere that really does this, and we're proud of it. So whatever's on your mind, give us a call. We're going to go right now to Andrew has an issue with Grease Monkey. Andrew, what is going on with you? Andrew?
Speaker 6: Welcome?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing, good man? What's going on with you? Uh?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get grease Monkey to get my car fix because my transmission and one out and I had took it over there and they drained it and filled it up, but they didn't fill it up all the way.
Speaker 3: And when did you go? Okay, so you're saying they were responsible. I need a little more information. What kind of a car are we talking about? Andrew?
Speaker 2: It's so twenty sixteen Buick in.
Speaker 3: Cleve Buick Conclave and what did you do or enclave whatever I mean you can call it? So what how many miles were on that.
Speaker 2: At the time when they did it? I think I had probably sixty maybe seventy thousand miles on it. They drained that, they drained the transmission.
Speaker 3: When did you take it in?
Speaker 2: Oh, this was last year? When probably six months ago?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you took it in about six months ago, approximately, July or August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think yeah. Hold on, let me say I got the paperwork when they says, all right you.
Speaker 3: And then so you took it in. I get it, and then you said they didn't fill it up and somehow you had problems and you want to get them to fix it. So I get that part of it, and they could be responsible, who knows. So when was it August July?
Speaker 2: No, I took it from the paperwork. What it's saying is it was done back on if I'm writer, says six fifteen, twenty three, that's what it's saying in June.
Speaker 3: Okay, on June fifteenth. Okay, So what did they do wrong when you went to pick it up?
Speaker 2: No, it was okay. What happened was all of a sudden, I was coming home and when it would not go in about three weeks ago, it would not go into reverse, it would not go into drive. So did night?
Speaker 3: Okay? Hold on a second, hold on, Andrew, Andrew, Andrew, Andrew Andrew, you had this done in June. Okay, you had it done in June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January. Okay, so seven months ago you had it done seven months ago, going on eight months now, So you're telling me seven months later it would not go into where.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't go. It just stopped. It wouldn't go into gear, it wouldn't go into drive, wouldn't going to reverse, none of that.
Speaker 6: And so why do you think it's their fall?
Speaker 2: They didn't fill it up all the way. They didn't put the proper amount of transmission fluid in the vehicle.
Speaker 6: How much was in there when you.
Speaker 3: Had it checked?
Speaker 2: I just had it. I just had it done by some guys called Bill. Oh, I don't know. I had them to I had to have it towed to a shop. When it went to the shop, the dude told me it wasn't filled all.
Speaker 3: Where was it, Toad, Andrew? Where was it, Toad? It was Toad over to.
Speaker 4: Bills.
Speaker 2: Let me get this card. It was told, Okay, Bills, Bill's autos.
Speaker 3: Hold him.
Speaker 6: Because you know, Andrew, the reason I'm asking this.
Speaker 3: I want people to know you got to have way more, way more than this for a connection. So I'm trying to put this together for you. So it was towed to Bill's and Bill told you what.
Speaker 2: He told me, that it was not filled up properly. That's what caused the effect to my transmission.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was not filled up properly. Did he take pictures of it? Did he document it?
Speaker 2: He document? He gave me some paperwork and stuff. Then I went over to Grease Monkey and I got some paperwork and it showed that they only put in two leaders when my vehicle holds from what I understand, nine and a half courts of transmission flu it too.
Speaker 3: So you saw on Greece Monkey's paperwork that they only put in two leaders.
Speaker 5: Two point zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you have that in writing right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it. It's right in front of me right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, And what do they say about that at Greece Monkey.
Speaker 2: Every time I call this baby, she like puts me on the whole and that she don't get back with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, let me ask you something. What was the damage?
Speaker 6: What was the damage to your transmission?
Speaker 2: I got it over at the dealership and I haven't done anything yet because it won't move. It won't it when it won't work, it don't work at all.
Speaker 3: I want to understand that, Andrew.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to give my vehicle back to working. That's all I want from him. I don't know, know nothing else.
Speaker 3: That's a long time ago to go back after him. What is that? Six eight months? Seven months?
Speaker 5: But I mean that's.
Speaker 3: Insane, man.
Speaker 7: I mean, how do you know, for example, there wasn't a leak and they filled it up properly, but yet it leaked out.
Speaker 3: How do you know that? Well? Because their record show they only put two leaders of transmission fluid in it. And what kind of vehicle is it? It's a Buick Enclave twenty sixteen. Let's get Jeff Vick on. I want you to hold on, Andrew, okay, because I think what we ought to do is get an expert on and just see and again, does grease monkey admit that they did something wrong? I want to know that.
Speaker 2: First they what they what they did was they did some kind of research on some type of uh, we did some research on the vehicle that showed something. They gave me some paperwork about a bulletin on the transmission and this vehicle that I don't know what that has to do with it.
Speaker 3: Listen, bro bro, I want to know right now, are they saying they will fix your car?
Speaker 6: You don't even know what's wrong with your car yet, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. I just told you I had it at a shop. The dudes and told me what the trans the transmiss is no good?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 7: How much was the service at grease monkey?
Speaker 2: What you mean when I had to work done?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How much did you pay for that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was three hundred because they had to it was the trance and they does something else too.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, Andrew, Andrew, let's just let me tell you the full story. Now we'll come back to the details. Let's say that they were one hundred percent I'm saying for argument's sake, they were one hundred percent responsible for the failure of your transmission. Okay, what do you think? What do you think they would owe you for transmission? I just want to get what you're expecting so I can put some realism to this.
Speaker 2: I just thought going to fix my trance with all the want.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it. But here's something. Here's something that, Andrew, Here's something I need to let you know. If they are one hundred percent, if they are one hundred percent responsible for that transmission being failed. If they are, then they would owe you a replacement transmission with seventy thousand miles on it. A used transmission. Okay, that's what they would owe you if they were one, if they were one hundred percent responsible. Now, if you get it rebuilt instead of getting a used transmission, they would only owe you about half because you would be getting more than they destroyed.
Speaker 6: Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 2: Yes, it does.
Speaker 3: Okay, you hold on. We're gonna get an expert on right after this. I'm Tom Martinez. Waterpros dot net. The best water systems bar none. If you want clean, healthy drinking water, waterpros dot net whole house protection from Forever chemicals thirty four hundred bucks along with softening, or eleven hundred dollars for the best drinking water ever at your kitchen sink. You can get it all. Waterpros dot net three O three eight six two five five five four Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pass cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. So, uh now we're gonna talk. Oh, Jeff's not up yet. We're gonna try to get an expert for you, Andrew.
Speaker 7: But right now, you know a couple of the questions I can't wait to ask Jeff. The biggest one is if it was truly takes ten courts or nine point five and it looks like it does. I look that up and there's only two in there? Would that thing even dry? I have a feeling the invoice possibly doesn't have the amount they put in there, because Tom, if they only put two courts in and it holds almost ten, I don't think he would have left Jiffy Lube, let alone drive for eight months.
Speaker 3: I see. That's what I don't understand, Mark, And you're right, these are all the questions I have. So let's go to Dina right now and then we'll come back. By the way. People three oh three seven one three talk seven to one, three eight, two, five five. Hi, Dina, Dina.
Speaker 6: Dina, Yes, I'm here. What's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: I live in this apartment building and I've been here for five years, and for the five years that I've been here, we'd have quarter or five managers and then.
Speaker 6: How many different ones?
Speaker 9: About five?
Speaker 8: And okay manager there everybody seems to owe money that they're behind on rent.
Speaker 3: And well, well that's easy enough. That's easy enough to Dina. Either you owe the money or you don't. That's pretty easy to prove. So let me ask you this, this newest property manager. How when did that one take over? The latest one?
Speaker 8: Maybe a few months maybe ago, three four months?
Speaker 3: Okay, so a few months ago a new manager tells you you owe money? M what is what is the how much do you? Dina?
Speaker 6: How much do you owe?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: That's what they say?
Speaker 3: How much? Okay? Now, Dina, I just want to go through this really quick. And I know, I know that you have a lot to tell me, but it's really important. They say, you owe one thousand dollars. Now how much do you pay? And rent?
Speaker 8: I paid two I pay?
Speaker 3: You pay three hundred a month? And is it subsidized. Does someone else help you pay rent? Or okay? And so.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Well, it's test credit that are living the test credit housing means dina.
Speaker 3: Dina, how much I know you? I know you pay three hundred a month? How much is the actual rent?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's like twelve twelve hundred.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then the other the other money is paid through some program. Yeah, okay. And and now here's what I want to know. Do they claim that this has been going on for a while or do they say it's from one or two months? What do they say the one thousand dollars is from? Where do they get that one thousand? Does it go back several months? What do they say about it?
Speaker 8: It goes back like four months ago?
Speaker 3: Okay? And what did they say? Are they saying it's your part that's short or their part? This subsidized people?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, Now okay.
Speaker 3: So they're basically saying, for about three months, you didn't pay that money. So do you have canceled check showing you paid that money?
Speaker 10: Yes, I went to the bank.
Speaker 8: And made the money orders and such amount.
Speaker 3: How did you make it?
Speaker 8: I went to the bank because they had a well you can make the money order there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you got a money order and did you mail it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you can you get copies of those past money orders?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I get I shoulder, and but there's one Okay, I got it from the slippers and that's where I guess messed up because I bought them a receipt for that.
Speaker 3: But Dina, the bank still has records of you getting three money orders, is that right?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well, if the bank shows that you have three money orders that you paid and they were canceled, then why doesn't that Why don't they stop bugging you?
Speaker 8: Well, it seems like every time we get a new manager who everybody in the building owes something.
Speaker 3: Well, no, now, listen, I don't want a Dina, Dina, Dina, I'm not equipped to talk about everyone in the building owing money. Here's what I am equipped to talk about. You claim this latest bill of one thousand about comes from three months of you not paying. Yet you claim you can show canceled checks for each one of those months. So I'm asking about you, not about everyone else. So if you can show, if you can show you have three months of canceled checks where they say you did not pay, is that enough for them to leave you alone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but then we're getting as a new manager and then they say.
Speaker 3: That Okay, Dina, Dina, we're talking about the latest manager. Okay, did you get a new one since this one? Now, let me ask you something. So did you show that one manager that you paid and a new manager came after that and is trying to collect again? Yes, so this is too much managers trying to collect the same money.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, it wasn't three.
Speaker 3: It's just two of them, the last two managers. Yeah okay, and the first one that came after you a few months ago, you proved that you made the payment. And then the second one. When was the second one hired? When we're losing her connection, Let's re establish that connection. Just hold on, Dina. I know how frustrating this can be. I'm not going to let you go. We're going to try to re establish connection. Hang on. Three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. People were dedicated to helping you. You know what, The problems like this can be devastating for you, and we know that and we want to help you. By the way, renew home in ovation.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I looked at their shower the other day their shower conversion. Oh my god, it's like luxurious. They have solid wall systems that look that not look they are genuine porcelain sheets. You can get a conversion done in two or three days with seventy two months to pay no interest, and you're never going to get a shower more beautiful or for a better value ever. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nines or a four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. For those online craving Mark's image, I will be I'm working on that behind the scenes. I'm it's a long story. I don't want to get into so anyway, Andrew, going back to this Grease Monkey, is Jeff Thic not available? A Kachina? What's going on there? Working on it everyone?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm working on it all right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Kachina, put down the mimosa. You know, here's what I'm going to say. I will allow momosas on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Is that okay? And then maybe on Monday. Then on Monday on.
Speaker 7: Monday Wednesday, Tom, do you remember that one person we had that worked for us that called us from the airport because they wouldn't have our on the plane.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to talk about it, but no, I don't recall that. Okay, I plead the fifth Now wait a minute, yeah, it happened, hey, Andrew. On a serious note here, Andrew, I guess I wrote down the wrong dates. I want to go over this again. Bro, Listen carefully. You took your two thoy sixteen Buick enclave with seventy thousand miles to Grease Monkey on June fifteenth? What date? What date?
Speaker 6: What you just said, Andrew? June fifteenth?
Speaker 3: What year.
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 3: Two years was it a year and a half ago or last year? Well, Mark, he's confused enough, that's why I'm asking. I just want the date. June fifteenth, twenty.
Speaker 2: What twenty four?
Speaker 3: Okay? So doc, why are you telling me I? Okay? So it was last year? Okay if somebody was telling me that, you said twenty twenty three, but you did.
Speaker 11: You took Bo and Dimitri and so did so? Okay a moron song.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen to this one. He might have been confused. What I care about is the date written on his grease Monkey invoice. And he's telling me his first service there where they did not fill it up properly was June. Stop talking, Just.
Speaker 2: Wait twenty three? It was twenty three. I'm looking at it right.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they did hear correctly? So they you you took your car in. Now you're telling hey, Andrew, you don't have a prayer. Not a prayer, not a prayer. You're saying they didn't fill it up properly in June twenty twenty three. June twenty twenty four was a year, and now we went another half year and more, and you're telling me in a year and a half your transmission failed because they did not fill it up properly a year and a half earlier. Well, bro, we can't do that. How are you trying to make a connection. How many miles do you have on it now compared to when you took it in there?
Speaker 6: How many miles now.
Speaker 2: You've got a hundred thousand, So.
Speaker 3: You put thirty thousand miles on it, right? Okay? So you're saying now after a year and how many months, a year and two months or a year and.
Speaker 6: A month now after you just just call it a year and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay. So now after a year and a half, you're saying your transmission failed and it's their fault. Does that make sense to you? No, I'm asking you, though, seriously, I'm asking you. Does that make sense to you that it's their fault a year and a half later? Come on, man, Why you.
Speaker 2: Would say it wouldn't be if it was properly done? How long? Watching the trains shouldn't have failed? If it was? Okay?
Speaker 3: Force of all, last fifty you should have had I'm gonna say this. First of all, you should have had your transmission checked in between for levels. First of all, so I would say you're you didn't have normal maintenance. Second of all, I would say that if it went that long went, how can you say it's their fault?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean that's my opinion. But we're still going to ask our expert. Okay, and let's see what our expert says. Does Did Grease Monkey say they would help you?
Speaker 2: No, they didn't say none of that.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this. Did Bill say there was a leak anywhere? Or did he just say it wasn't sold up?
Speaker 2: He said it was a He said that it wasn't filled up and did as he was going through it, he had actually, yeah, was there? And I told him I didn't.
Speaker 12: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't have no lease in my garage. You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Well, we have Jeff Fick on right now.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I have Jeff Fick on right hold on, bro okay, Jeff Thick kimmera transmission, Good morning, Jeff.
Speaker 6: I want to give you a scenarioy.
Speaker 3: Uh. Andrew took his twenty sixteen Buick enclave with seventy thousand miles to Grease Monkey June fifteenth, twenty twenty three. Okay, recently after he put thirty thousand miles on it, and a year and a half later it would not go into gear. He towed it to Bill's automotive and Bill said it was never filled up properly. Back to a year and a half ago, and so now he needs a new transmission, and he says, grease monkey is responsible. He went back to his records and he said he was only charged for two leaders of transmission fluid. Now I want to ask you, do I have that right so far? Andrew? Yeah, okay, So what do you think, Jeff, what is your initial blush? What were your first blush at this?
Speaker 12: That dog don't hunt?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 12: You know, a year and a half and thirty thousand miles. If he was under full, he never would have made it be far.
Speaker 3: What do you think happened?
Speaker 12: Hard saying, I mean, you know, depending on what the invoice says. You know, they may have had a menu price for the service itself and it included a certain amount of fluid, and then they charged them for the additional fluid over.
Speaker 3: The menu, or they didn't if they had only put in two leaders, and it takes how many leaders does that take.
Speaker 12: From a dry capacity? And he probably holds about nine, uh, you know, on a servant on a service you don't probably take about four or four and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, So okay, let's just say it was low. If it was low, would it have lasted that long?
Speaker 12: No, not that low. You know, for for it to be low enough to burn it up, he would have had symptoms a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm just feeling you know, our purpose here, Andrew, when you call.
Speaker 6: Is to look for reasons to help you.
Speaker 3: But when we do it, it's but when we do it, it sounds a lot like we're looking for reasons not to help you. Now, the reason we do that is we want to put it through the fire, right. We want to We want to make sure we have a good case if we fight for you. I'm not telling you not to fight. I'm not telling you to give up. We're just saying, from our standpoint, it doesn't look good for us to help you. Oh okay, I mean you hear what he said.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, So let me throw this other scenario out then, So about say, for instance, I've been paying on this uh and uh warchy insurance right forard this car, and this problem comes along. I call these people and I tell them what's going Wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, Are you talking about you have a service some kind of a service contract.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, we'll come right back to that. I'm Tom Martino. Hold on, bro, and then we're also going to go to Angelina to find out. Just hang on, We'll ask Jeff about this extended warranty or whatever the service contract is.
Speaker 6: Right after this, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven to one three Talk Frank Duran, the real Estateman dot com. He'll market analysis of your home to tell you what it's worth and what it will sell for three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Get knowledge before you even decide to sell. Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino and welcome. So I I think that basically, some people call and we can't help them, but we give them direction. And that's the thing with Greece. Monkey. But he said, wait a minute, Tom, I do have some kind of a warranty. So Andrew, talk to me about that warranty you have. Andrew did hang up? Because go ahead, Andrew? What kind of warranty do you have?
Speaker 2: I've got a warranty for uh the car and it's through car shew.
Speaker 3: Oh, Now listen, I want to tell you something. But but okay, go ahead, no finish, and then I'll tell you. Go ahead, what happened? You called them? And what did they say?
Speaker 2: They told me that I got to that I have to get the transmission tore down, normal, right, the tear get it tore down to find out what caused the problem.
Speaker 3: But here, Andrew, I'm going to Andrew, that's normal. Andrew, that's normal. They're not going to spend a thousand bucks in labor to find out they're not liable. If they're not liable, or if they are liable, they're they will they will pay back, pay it, but they're not going to pay to go to go hunting. But there's something you need to know.
Speaker 7: It's very important man, that you have the right transmission company. Tear it down and talk with your warranty company. If they don't know how to communicate properly, you could easily get denied.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you, you're your own worst enemy. Shannon, all right, we got it, keep going time. So people, have you heard a little blank he said, a naughty word, So so Mark. If it's owner abuse or someone else causes it, and even if it's unintentional, but if they did not fill it up properly, then they will deny it.
Speaker 7: However, they'll they'll say, hey, you got to go to grease monkey.
Speaker 3: That's not our fault, right, But he said he never mentioned that to the warranty company, So that's good.
Speaker 7: He may have a chance, Jeff, if he's gotten those through that particular warrant warranty company. Jeff, have you got them to cover transmissions under these circumstances.
Speaker 12: Reality behind the whole thing, that it was low on fluid. Un they will deny it just off of that. It's the customer's responsibility to check and maintain fluid levels. And I mentioned on fluid it's gone so as far as auto shield them so or car shield whichever one is going by, and it's both the same company. I'm not a big fan of theurs. Yes, I have gotten them to cover but basically they cover up to the cost of the rich of a used replacement, and they will ship to you a used transmission to put in which I refuse to do, or the customer can pay for the government and actually have it built.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Jeff jet Thick KIMMERA Transmission three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eighteen five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best Route for excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 1: News need advice? Who you don't have? Come run in stas as you can. Shooter's gonna help coming, man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show now Tom Martino.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, hey, Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talks seven on three eight two five five. Here to help you any way we can. Man, I'll tell you it's it's a challenge, but we love it. Now. We would rather people don't get into trouble, so we always try to post you know, warnings or tips both on LinkedIn and on YouTube and on Instagram. I do it under the Troubleshooter moniker on YouTube. It's referral list. So if ever you get a chance to look at stuff, we have a lot of preventive measures, so welcome and give us a call. We'll take you immediately at three oh three seven to one three talk while we're here. You can also call twenty four to seven three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six and that goes to our office. If we're there, we pick up and take your information. If not, you leave a message. But we do promise you this, you will get on the show. If you have an issue, you leave your number, we will get back to you. Now, of course, it doesn't mean you'll automatically be on the show when we call you back, so don't be worried. Well, we'll call and find out what's up. Now, Angelina has an issue with the property management company, and I'm not sure. We were going to try to figure out what's up here, and we discontinue. We're not discontinued. We went to another call. But I want to come back to Dina and and really get to the bottom line here, I mean, Angelina, Angelina, Wait a minute, Oh no, this is a new one. Wait is this a property management company with a new person? Is that what we're talking about or similar? Yes, it is. Okay, Angelina, Now did you have Do you live in the same place that a that Dina does or is this just totally a coincidence?
Speaker 10: No, I do live in the same committed building that she does.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll tell tell me about your experience.
Speaker 10: Well, I have been well here, like right here in front of me, right now, what I'm reading here is an important reminder from the from the management that unauthorized occupants and guests are having found living with you. You know, if this on your lease is a violation of your agreement. Well, I've been having some issues with the neighbors above me that have been very noisy, have been very obnoxious with the noise all.
Speaker 3: Ours now, hold on, let me get this, let's let's let me get this straight. You got to notice from management saying that you had some authorized occupants.
Speaker 10: Well I did at one time from the last manager. I did have that. But this new manager that had started here had put every notice on everybody's door that unauthorized occupants and guests, you know, if it would be responsible for them.
Speaker 3: And it was to hold on. So it was like it was like a general warning, like, hey, no one's allowed to have unauthorized people. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, okay, and it will be continued.
Speaker 3: So every everyone, everyone really got the notice, not just you exactly.
Speaker 6: Okay, keep going.
Speaker 10: So everyone got this notice. But I've been having this trouble with these neighbors above me for quite some time now. And what kind of trouble the noises, the noise complaints that I've had with them, the stomp and the slam in the doors, their music. There are people that they have in and out out all hours of the night, and yeah, you know, and to I went down to talk to the management. The manager. There is already two three different managers that I've already spoken to about it, and they will refuse to go up there and say anything to anybody.
Speaker 3: So do you think, Angelina, do you think that they have unauthorized people up there?
Speaker 10: I guarantee you they do it.
Speaker 6: Why do you think that?
Speaker 10: Because I live right underneath it, So I mean I hear it, you know what I mean? And you know in apartments they're very you know, in apartments you hear everything pretty much.
Speaker 9: It's like the clubs.
Speaker 3: I said, now, what are the rules are? What are the rules? Are you not allowed to have any guests? What if like your aunt or uncle came or your cousin, Are you not allowed to have any guess? Or is it a certain amount of days? How does that work?
Speaker 10: We can have you can have a guest up to fifteen days without lease.
Speaker 9: Okay, pretty But the thing about it is.
Speaker 10: You you have they have to pollow the same rules that we ask you with the ones that are carrying.
Speaker 3: The So no, I get it. So beyond fifteen days. Beyond fifteen days, that was the warning. And you're convinced that the people upstairs are breaking the rules, and you're saying the management company, what are they afraid of them? Or what they are?
Speaker 10: Something something, because they don't they don't make no attempt to even listen to what I have to say. And the last manager that we did have here went and told me not to call the police anymore. Don't call the police.
Speaker 2: Somemore.
Speaker 10: I'm like, well why not?
Speaker 3: I mean, well, why are you? Why are you calling the police? Let's go there. What's the what's the main reason?
Speaker 10: At two three o'clock in the morning, when I got to get up for you know, my husband has to get up for work, I mean, I'm going to make a complaint of the noise, you know. So I mean that's why I've called the police.
Speaker 3: So the cops do.
Speaker 13: Yeah, what's happened When the cops came out.
Speaker 10: Angelina, nothing, They go up there and nobody answers the door. So that's what's beginning. There's no answer whatsoever. So then they can't make no, they can't make him aware not to do it no more? And who is all in there because Noe opens the door for them.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, So you've called the police numerous times.
Speaker 10: Oh, it's numerous times, and they have gone up there.
Speaker 3: Some they have gone up there.
Speaker 10: They have gone up there, they've not. But I can't tell you every day every time I've called that they did it.
Speaker 14: No, Angelina, what jurisdiction is it? Denver Aurora District six?
Speaker 15: Is what Denver District six?
Speaker 14: Angelina?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 14: Now the sergeant at District six and Viole to complaint with the sergeants say they need to go up there and issue these people that take it.
Speaker 10: I talked to the sergeant and he said for me to call the detective today. So that's what I got to do today.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something I want to get back to these unauthorized guests. How do you like how many people do you think are living up there?
Speaker 10: Well, you know it's different times, there's different occupying.
Speaker 9: Different people all the time, pumpantly.
Speaker 10: And they're always coming to the side of the building, and and we we have keeps.
Speaker 7: That go from the I mean, what is your gut tell you do you think they're like drug dealers.
Speaker 3: Do you think they're opening a brothel? Yeah, think's going on.
Speaker 10: Something that is not normal up there, Like what though, I don't I'm criminally I don't. I think a lot of probably drug prest scenario. Probably.
Speaker 3: Hey, I want to ask you something. Do you think they would help move you? Can you move to another apartment in the complex, or do you think that they want to get rid of you because they don't like you complaining?
Speaker 10: Well? I could probably think that because they have several times I've told me maybe I could move, maybe to the fifth floor. But now we don't even have a manager here now. She said out the first of the year that she would get me moved. Well, now we don't even have a manager here now.
Speaker 9: She just left on a fighting Angelina.
Speaker 3: I'd like to call the BA Dina.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dina told us they go through managers like socks.
Speaker 10: Yes, nobody stays here. Nobody stays here.
Speaker 3: Bow volunteered to take a crack at it.
Speaker 5: Bo.
Speaker 6: You want to make a call or a call, there's got to be some manager.
Speaker 7: Have you gone up and has she actually gone up and talked to anybody ever?
Speaker 3: No? Like the neighbors. Yeah, I mean, wouldn't that be you afraid.
Speaker 10: Yep, I've gone up there. I have gone up there. But she has told me now that if I call the police that she's going to get me a beatdown.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah, did you tell the cops that?
Speaker 10: Well? Yeah, but you know what with districts, they don't.
Speaker 9: They're not taking that serious.
Speaker 10: They not a car.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: I can see that because I often tell Mark, I'm going to give it of a beat down, and he why don't we have in all honesty, why don't we have chopper? Didn't he work for Denver PD?
Speaker 13: I can call on there, Mark, I know, let Bo.
Speaker 3: Call for it. Yeah, Bo knows someone over there. That's great.
Speaker 7: But I mean, if they're really threatening to beat the hell out of this woman and they're noisy all the time, you need to get a video recorder show some of this or use your phone, and the cops need to step up and do something.
Speaker 6: Although it is Denver, so good luck exactly.
Speaker 10: That's how I look at it too. It's Denver, and in the area that I'm living at, it's yeah, it's impossible to get them to read, to even come out. Sometimes living there, there's been sometimes that they are called and they never even show up. They call me, They're like, oh no, Angelina, we're not going out there today.
Speaker 3: Really, you know what, Angelina, it could be seriously, the boy you cried wolf. Maybe they think you're complaining too much. I'm not saying you are. I'm just saying that could be what they're saying.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna you know, and that's probably that could possibly be. But the thing about it is if I got to live here too, I mean, they got to follow the same rooms as we do. You know, I'm courteous to my other neighbor down below me. Why can't I get the same the same thing, you know what I mean? From her?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, right, three oh three, Well, Angelina, what do you want to right now?
Speaker 5: BO?
Speaker 3: I got this in Bo's hands and we'll we'll check back when BO talks to them, So you'll be hearing from BO three oh three, seven to one three talks seven one three, eight, two five five. Give us a call. We have plenty of room for calls and questions and complaints. I'm getting a lot of texts for some reason today, which is not bad. By the way, you can always text me now. I have a private line where you can text me right here, and my private cell phone comes right to me and it's my Google Voice number, and really it does. It comes right to me no matter where I am seven four seven nine.
Speaker 6: Fifty two eighty.
Speaker 3: You can text me seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty, or you can go to our.
Speaker 6: You know, when we're on the air.
Speaker 3: Here this iHeart short code. They call it five seven seven three nine. Just put Tom in the message. Uh five seven seven three nine. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, trying to solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints, and remember CMG Financial Gosh, our friend John over there, John Clace Mark. Reverse loans are back and they're doing pretty damn good for people because equity is so high.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I love John because if it's not right for you, he's not gonna try to sell you one. He'll put you in a conventional or all the other loans they got.
Speaker 3: Well, Mark went out, you know, we've had a relationship with them for a long time. CMG and Mark went out recently and says, you don't want John. We got to get you back on the show because you do so much good for people, So now they do conventional loans too, but I want you to know reverse loans are an option, including jumbo reverse loans, so you can always give them a call. Three oh three five seven seven seven to two zero six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino and here to help you, of course, along with the team John uh Now, is this another apartment complex? Jump? John? What's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Hey? How you doing?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good? John?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: What what's going on? Are you in the same apartment complex?
Speaker 5: It sounds like I am, but I'm an Aurora set of tender, so I guess it's a different one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So talk to me. What's your issue? What's going on? Bro?
Speaker 5: I have a very similar issue as the last caller, where the people upstairs for me are stopping around and it sounds like a furniture waits dropping him on the ground for all hours of the night until two, three, four o'clock in the morning. Down below me doing the same thing. And again we're on souse. I've been there. I've been there about a year and a half. Hey, we're on our fifth manager now that just gave me in two weeks ago. And every time you go to management and they say, oh, call security, you call security, Securio says, oh, we can't knock on the door unless we can hear it from the hallway. I will come to my apartment and you can listen. Oh we can't do that. But nothing gets done.
Speaker 3: Has it been nearly two years or would you say it's is it right out a year and a half or nearly two years or what.
Speaker 6: I'm just curious how long this has been going on.
Speaker 5: It's been going on at least for a year.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now here's the thing, man. We are getting a lot of these complaints and I've gotten some texts since that other woman was on as well. And here's what some people are saying, Tom, Apartment complexes are finding it near and possible to get managers that are worth a dan. And another guy said, I'm an owner of a complex and we just.
Speaker 6: Don't want to make trouble.
Speaker 3: And you know, we have some tenants that are overly sensitive. Now they're not talking about you or Angelina or Dina, They're just making an observation. So, John, are they really really noisy? I mean, is this a bad thing where you could call the police or what? What do you think's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, last week I had an incident where the ones down below me we're partying and playing my music and stuffing and everything, and I had security. They went three different times, and you know, these guys are, oh, we don't speak English, don't understand England. And so then the security guard told me, oh, we can only go three times, and then you got to call the cops. So I started with security around ten thirty at night, almost eleven. I finally called for a police at twelve thirty am. Or police showed up at four forty five am. And what happened They were already passed out. Oh okay, buying the police. It's not an emergency situation. They put it on the back burner till they're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: Just tell them this is the problem illegal, this is the problem with noise. No you know, it's all subjective and police they don't want to waste their time on it. And I don't mean your calling with nonsense, John, I'm just talking about how they think about it.
Speaker 6: You know, they're thinking, look.
Speaker 3: It's noise, for God's sakes, give it a break, and they don't want to waste police time. And then the management people, they don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: They told me, well, we'll send them an email and tell them they got to tote it down. But every management been in there since I've been there, Like I said, they're on their fifth one now. They send them an email, and maybe they don't read English or something. You know, these guys upstairs and the ones up below, and.
Speaker 6: They could be dwarfs for all we know. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Here's here's the thing, man, I don't know what to tell people in this situation really, except if it's really bad, they can use it for a constructive eviction, meaning you could probably break the lease if it's really bad, or you ask them to move you to another one. Have you Mark asked this before? Have you actually gone to talk to your neighbors?
Speaker 5: No, I have not because I don't know who hasn't gun anymore and who doesn't, so I have not knocked on doors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's dangerous too sometimes, what would you do, Mark, I'd go talk to him. Mary, geez, that's the first thing.
Speaker 7: How would you put it? How wet you being really loud? Can you bring it down? You were waking me up for three am?
Speaker 3: Or or maybe you could say, I'm not sure if it's coming from here, but you know, are you guys up laid? You'd have to get a seal for it.
Speaker 7: Then if they're then if they're complete jerks about it, maybe recorded without him.
Speaker 5: Stomping in the bedroom. Their bedroom is right over my bedroom. You know?
Speaker 3: What are they doing? The nasty? Is that what's waking you up?
Speaker 5: No, it's just like they're stomping around and then you can hear them.
Speaker 3: Sounds like they bumping ugly.
Speaker 2: No, it just sounds like, you.
Speaker 5: Never know, stomping on the floor. Then you can hear them talking.
Speaker 7: I get it, Hey, I am like that. They used to complain about us all the time. If we were doing laundry or vacuuming after seven or eight o'clock.
Speaker 6: So yeah, you know, hold on, So there is that?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is it that John is overly sensitive or is it that they're noisy?
Speaker 6: Or maybe a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: But you know, sometimes how about his ear plugs? Talk?
Speaker 7: Wait a second, did he say did he say they they don't speak English?
Speaker 3: He didn't know. He didn't know if they spoke English. He didn't know if they had mental problems or were dwarfs or anything.
Speaker 6: He doesn't know about it. He just he just.
Speaker 5: Basically says, okay, tomsuday.
Speaker 11: What about just ear plugs? Noise canceling earplugs?
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes you know what's really weird? You know, sometimes it's not so much noise as it is. And don't think I'm crazy. Vibration Have you ever seen, like, have you ever felt in an apartment complex or condo or something? You know what I mean by vibration where people walk real loud or or they're doing stuff and it's weird. But you know, why should he walk around come on, why should he walk around his apartment with like Bow's headsets on? For now sad night? When he goes to sleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still, like I said, they're stomping, you know, it sounds like they're stomping. I mean if somebody's walking above me and they're just regular walking, or the floor squeaks or something like that, that doesn't bother me. And I usually, I mean in our apartments and everybody's they have a quiet time after ten thirty pm. And this usually starts between twelve thirty one two o'clock in the morning. It goes till three or four.
Speaker 3: Well, god, oh, I don't man, I you know, really and truly moving might be an option, but you don't want to move.
Speaker 6: How long have you said you've been there, like a year?
Speaker 5: I'm going down two years in July, it'll be two years there.
Speaker 6: And for a year this has happened.
Speaker 3: And were there new people that moved in or what?
Speaker 5: When I moved in? There were three three apartments for granted when I moved in, and now we have one manager to just started moving in everybody off the street. That's basically what you got living there now.
Speaker 6: So oh, man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So God, I would still try the the Dayton to route, you know, go talk to them and you're really it's the best you're going to do at this point.
Speaker 6: Let's let's just state some facts seriously.
Speaker 3: Now, no fooling around. Number one, nobody cares. Really, the only people that care are the people directly involved. The police aren't going to get involved. They really aren't unless there was drug activity or something serious. And really the police are spread thin. It's not really their fault. Apartment people don't care because they don't want to stir it up. They figure, you know what, let's just get along or whatever, and they don't care. The truth is, no one cares unless it's so egregious that that apartment is causing problems for like like other people, like not just one apartment, but like like let's just say three or four or five apartments are complaining about one apartment. That might put a different spin on it. But right now, John, I'm sorry to say seriously, I think you're on your own and I don't think anybody cares, and I think you'd have to move, you know, and.
Speaker 5: Also just break my lease. I might just break my lease and then they try.
Speaker 3: Now if you do, no, no there now, now I want to I want to give you some some news here. There is a way to break your lease legally if you do it the right way. Of course, when you have an issue that impedes your your peaceful and quiet enjoyment of the premise is now Mark. I'm not sure noise is covered under the constructive eviction things. I know, like heat and security and all kinds of stuff, But I'm not sure. I mean, it's just something that comes up and and I just I.
Speaker 6: Don't think there's a solution.
Speaker 3: Okay. It's not like a book where you can go to the problem and find a solution. It's just not.
Speaker 5: I broke my at least one time I lived in another the place I lived before where I live now. The place was, we're atting mice infested, and they let us get let us gets control. Let's get a toy so it doesn't do anything, you know.
Speaker 3: One guy said one texture, I have a couple texts saying that they may not even be aware they're making a lot of noise, and they're right. Another one another one says, you know, I had a situation like this and it was one two year old.
Speaker 6: You know, two year olds don't people don't.
Speaker 3: Realize how noise translates through a floor, and a lot of these places are built like crap anyway, I got to take a break three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You know Compass Insurance Group is doing insurance checkups free of charge. This is perhaps one of the most valuable services we offer because it's free, and it's honest, and it will give you a great idea if you have good insurance, if you're paying too much or you don't have enough. That's the Insurancehealthcenter dot com three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help you'll I think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hi Tom Martinez here.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Getting a lot of interesting texts about handling noisy neighbors. Now, some are sensible and they say, look Tom, it's quite entirely possible. They don't know they're noisy. Talking is always a good option. Others say, make noise back, In other words, get a foghorn, one of those blowhorns. You take the games, and when you hear them be noisy, you do it back. Not noxiously, but do it back. But you don't admit to doing it. And you also don't if they if anyone ever comes to your door, you never admit you have it right, So they're gonna have the same dilemma.
Speaker 6: And maybe like a Pavlo, is it Pablo?
Speaker 3: Is that who I'm talking about? Pablo with the dogs? The response is, uh, oh, whenever I make noise, I get noise and they might stop. Would you ever do something like that with a foghorn? Now, I will tell you a true story, and it really is true. It's an an's got true. So years ago, when I first got married, many many years ago, we were out in the country in an a frame. It was a beautiful chalet home that we rented, and we rented the main floor and it had a ladder and a loft and then then there was a basement floor, but it was a walkout so it wasn't like a basement. And we had a teacher who rented down there and he taught at the local a correctional facility for juveniles, juvenile boys, and he was a nice guy, but he never realized how loud hysteria was.
Speaker 6: But it was terribly loud.
Speaker 3: So he had weird hours and sometimes with sleep in the afternoons, but he played this stuff at night.
Speaker 6: So I recorded it.
Speaker 3: Back then, we didn't have a lot of recorders like on our phones and stuff, but I recorded it, but it didn't come across very well. So I had a band and we literally would practice in the a frame on days when we could, on a Saturday when he was gone and stuff. And we had what was called vox amplifiers vox. You know, remember the Beatles had those big boxes, right, So we had one of these piggyback amps, and I also had a drum set.
Speaker 6: And then I knew he was going to be sleeping.
Speaker 3: At two o'clock on a Wednesday or something, we were home and we turned these up and we did and I was on the drums and we did massive, massive, massive, noise. So I get a knock at the door and I open up and he laughed and he says, Okay, I get it. And it was humorous but a little you know, edgy, and it worked. But hey, Mark, do you remember Vox amps. You're a guitar player, remember, Yeah? I got one Vox, aren't they wolf? Wow?
Speaker 6: Do you have one?
Speaker 3: Now? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I got a Vox pre amp too. Man, that's really cool. It's like a it's like a pedal. You can program it to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Is it still a big name?
Speaker 6: I too?
Speaker 7: And my pre amp is actually are my pedal is actually a tube?
Speaker 3: Do you really believe? This is something I would ask? Do you really believe tubes make a difference with sound?
Speaker 7: I don't know if they do there, I mean they, but I don't know if you can completely emulate that.
Speaker 3: Now, probably they swear by it, you know. Anyway? We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three A two five five Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So I'm going back to some texts, and there are so many people that are having issues with noisy neighbors, and no one has one solution. They all have all kinds of solutions, but they all narrow down to this make noise back, but don't admit to it. So they get a feeling that every time they're noisy, they're gonna get noise.
Speaker 6: That might be a good solution.
Speaker 3: Another one is to move and use it as a constructive eviction to leave and to say you know this is intolerable and record it. Another one is to go talk to them and just become friends literally friends, or invite someone from that house to come down to yours while the people upstairs are doing what they do, So I don't know. I mean, that doesn't sound like a bad deal, you know, in general, I truly don't believe people. Now I might be wrong, but I don't think in general people want to be jerks in general, right, I mean, yeah, people have their own stuff going on. But do you think people just want to purposely, you know, bug people or or like you know what I'm saying, be noisy or be a jerk. I don't think people want to be I just think we we assume sometimes that kind of thing. And so which one of those choices, Mark, would you do? I'd go talk to him. I mean, that's the first thing I do, is go talk to the neighbor. It's amazing to mean, none of these callers have done that. Have you ever had a situation like this ever in your so we had a younger life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when Susanna and I lived in an apartment over on Hamden in Lakewood, we had a lady under us. He complained all the time when we would dry our clothes or vacuum after seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: So she called the landlord. She called everybody.
Speaker 7: Honest, no one ever did anything, but she was absolutely insane. But then the funny part is she had a baby, and that damn baby would cry in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of the night all the time.
Speaker 7: Most colicky thing I've ever heard in my life. So I started calling the cops on her, just like she did on me.
Speaker 3: My goodness, the cops. What would the cops say about a kolaky baby?
Speaker 7: I don't know, but I would record it so they could hear it, and it was crazy. I'd go to the other neighbors. The only reason I did it to her is she was doing it to.
Speaker 3: Us all the time. It got pretty bad. Well, yeah, I mean, here's the deal.
Speaker 6: We have pretty much.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like like we've lost our ability to communicate. I think civilly almost, I you know, actually it goes back and forth. But I think that in general, we assume I think the worst and then react to something that hasn't happened yet. So we assume someone's going to be a jerk, and maybe we react to them being a jerk before they are a jerk, and then our reaction makes them a jerk. I don't know if that makes sense to you, But in any case, I invite you to text me or call, but I'm going to give you the text numbers because it's really important. I get a lot of texts. Now. You can also text me here if you want to do anything with my Wave eight Wealth management. You know, you can just make an initial contact here if you're interested in talking about your future. It's seven four seven nine nine nine fifty eighty. So if you hear something on the show you want to react to, give me a call. It also accepts images, but I don't want to see any I shouldn't even bring that up now. Now I'm going to have crazy people seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty. And then also you can go to the short code that iHeart provides, which is five seven seven thirty nine, and put Tom in the code and it'll come to me. Another one says, is it okay if it's a day without illegals? Wait? Wait, wait wait, I didn't hear about this. When is the day without Illegals coming? Somebody wants to know about it. They have some suggestions. We'll talk about that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. So you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running, Just as fas.
Speaker 10: As we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here and what can we do to help you? We've had some interesting calls today. You know, days often take on themes without even knowing it. When I say a theme, you know just the same kinds of calls. And today is about noisy neighbors in an apartment complex. What do you do or what do you do with bad neighbors in general? I've often said one of the most disappointing, heartbreaking things in life, you know, other than life or death. And you know I'm not talking about that, but you know, as far as day to day stuff is when you realize you have a bad neighbor meaning a bad neighbor just moved in. Or let's see, you have a dream house. You find we've had several young people where this has happened. So you have a dream house, you move in, you know, your child's out playing in the yard or whatever, and all of a sudden, uh, oh, you got a crazy person next door or down the street, and they're out to get you. And everyone in the neighborhood knows about them, or that maybe they just focused on you, and there's really it's a terrible, terrible feeling. I had one time where I moved into a place and I didn't do any due diligence about neighbors. I didn't buy it. I was renting years ago in upstate New York. I was still working for the newspaper, doing just freelancing for the local TV station, and I remember this guy was nuts. He just he would always like have a gun on his hip and he'd come over and talk to me like, I think your dogs barking a little too much, and it was scary and disgusting, and I don't know, the whole thing just pissed me off. So you know, I think it's really important and I mean this when you do diligence, do your due diligence. When you do your investigation of a neighborhood or a place to move into, there are ways you should look at it. And I once made up I believe in visuals because it's easy to remember things when you remember visuals. And I made up a system for buying I just mean yeah, for not just buying property, but moving into a property or considering a property. And the visual was a target with the bullseye being your property. If you visualize this when you're going out to look at property, I'm telling you it's really important and I want you to fill in the target these common things. Now I don't have it in front of me, so I'm doing this by memory. But because it's a target, I pretty much can remember. So you can have as many rings as you need for your particular situation. But the target analogy tells you what you should look at before going directly to the target. It's just a visualization the biggest target on the outside or the biggest circle I would label access well maybe that's even no, No, I'm sorry, not access area. So what does area mean? It means taxing districts, it means soon districts, water districts, fire districts and all of that. Now, why do I say that, Because if you're thinking about moving here in the center and on the outside, before you even get there, you may be popped with a special assessment. One time, people moving into the Castle Pines area was called Beverly Hills. At the time, I believe, or right after Beverly Hills, there was a giant assessment made for sewer and water because the system was so poorly, poorly run, and oh my god, did it turn out to be terrible for people thousands of dollars they own. So always look at the area, Okay, the overview taxing districts, especially things that you will have to come up with money for or maintain. What's the mill levee the amount per thousand you pay on taxes for those taxing districts. That all goes together to make that experience positive or negative. When you're moving into a place, Hey, Tom, what would be the next thing you look?
Speaker 11: Yes, don't you think that if you I'm not talking about renting, but if you're buying a place, I would expect some reasonable person like our buddy Frank would know all that information and be giving it to you as a as a buyer.
Speaker 3: Now ninety nine point nine percent of the people are not using Frank. I mean, otherwise you'd have one hundred percent. I mean, I'm saying that, you know, no one real estate person has a big enough market share where this is. This this talk is not necessary. But you're right. If you have a good real estate agent or broker, they should be looking out for a lot of this. But that never ever, ever takes the place of you doing your own due diligence. So what I mean is, and what Doc is saying, yeah, I mean, if you have somebody good, they're going to look at this. But even Frank is wonderful as he is, he'll never discourage this. He'll say, oh for sure, because he won't necessarily look at each and every taxing drict and come up with one that's in financial trouble and know that they have a deficit. I mean, he might, and I'm not saying he should or should not, But that's too much to lay on anyone.
Speaker 6: There are so many elements there could be.
Speaker 3: For example, listen to this one. There was an area that I moved into one time, and it had a vacant lot. That was called school dedication when you move in, when you develop as a developer, and I did many developments, you had to either pay certain fees to the school district or the water district or the sewer dist or whatever, or you had to give them something of value. And often developers would take a portion of their land and they would call it school dedication. So instead of paying the fees, you would dedicate this land to a school. Now it doesn't mean that the school's going to build a school on it, but it does mean the school district can do what they want with it. And then this one case, when I moved into a neighborhood and there was a school dedication, they were going to do a group home. They were selling it to a group home for drug addicts. Yeah, in our neighborhood. Now, no one wants that, right, not in my backyard, Nimby but but or whatever they call it. But here's the deal. They were doing it. It wasn't the school district. The school district was selling to the organization that was going to do it. And it hit everyone blindsided because it doesn't have to go by the covedence or anything established for the neighborhood. It's a school dedication, and that means the school can do what they want with it. So that's just an example of when you're looking at the area, how you can be affected by things that you're not even considering. So the first big giant ring I would say, is the area. Now we're going to move in on that target in a minute here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Deputy D. I believe back at the studio has some follow ups for us, Hey, Tom EPITD. I'm not going to get into them right now. I'm just going to talk about it. Well, we'll do it right after the break. But the home Depot thing was to me crazy. Can you just explain the problem, not the solution. What was the problem there?
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, it wasn't that crazy because I've had experience with both home Depot and PayPal, and basically what happened was a gentleman named Tim.
Speaker 3: I hate PayPal by the way, Yeah, I hate join the club.
Speaker 16: But hey, so Tim bought a very expensive barbecue grow like sixteen hundred bucks from home Depot. They delivered it, then he returned it. Home Depot had it picked up, they acknowledged the return, and Home Depot said that they sent the refund back to PayPal. Tim's problem, however, was that PayPal never credited his account, and he's been back and forth, you know since then. Home Depot points the finger at PayPal, PayPal points the finger at home Depot. And in the meantime, Tim is out of his sixteen hundred bucks because everybody disclaims responsibility.
Speaker 3: And so we'll talk about that coming up. And then the other one.
Speaker 6: What was the other one?
Speaker 16: Oh, you know, a few days ago, we got a call from the name from a gentleman named Paul who had his pickup truck or work truck repossessed by First Tech First Tech Federal Credit Union. Paul reported that he paid off the entire truck a few days after it was repossessed, but First Tech Credit First Tech Federal Credit Union would not make the according to Paul, would not call Mannheim Auctions to release the truck back to Paul, and that's why he called us for help.
Speaker 3: All right, So we'll come back to that too. Threeho three seven, one three eight two five five. We got a lot to talk about on the Troubleshooter Show. Hey, one. Clear Choice Garage Doors is your clear choice for garage doors when it comes to repair, maintenance, installation, whatever it is. Twenty four to seven service for emergencies if you can't get your door closed. I've been using these people for twenty years, maybe one. Clear Choice Doors dot Com has all of their prices.
Speaker 6: They also have a number you can.
Speaker 3: Call at any time, and they are totally transparent on everything they do. Seven two zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven one clearchoy Stores dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter at three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five so I'm gonna go back to Deputy d in just a few seconds here. But I was reading about Elon Musk and his UH Department of Government Ificiency DOGE. And what's really funny is I read it that he saved a billion dollars in the first day with unnecessary fundings or where there was no explanation as to where the money was going. Now, one thing I must say, it actually turns out one billion.
Speaker 6: Listen, this is hard for me to believe.
Speaker 3: One billion dollars a day is what he cut so far. That means every day the US is saving one billion dollars. Now, here's what he said about this program. It's the government funding Office where everything goes to be funded even after it's approved, but there are certain oversights that have to be done to them. There still has to be a certain amount of accountability. I'm just giving you the big overview. Now, he said, not one bit, not one bit of due diligence was ever exercised, and not one, not one funding program was ever turned down. Yep. Now, Mark, you said you looked further and saw some of the things that were being funded.
Speaker 7: Well through us AID and basically what those did over the weekend as they locked the out. Uh, pretty much every government official that works for it, they couldn't access their systems.
Speaker 3: But USAID, you know, there was some.
Speaker 7: Stuff arguably they paid for that was probably good, like HIV preventive health in South Africa, but they also paid for affirming healthcare for transgender people, hormone replacement therapy and surgery in third world countries. I mean, thinking about paying, you know, for someone in India to transgender with our tax dollars seems absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So they he.
Speaker 7: Basically dismantled the whole damn agency us AID over the weekend, and I should It's quite incredible.
Speaker 3: Actually now US governments it's the USAID is for overseas funding of certain programs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he said it was so musk. Musk said it was so broke. It wasn't like we had to get a few worms out of the apple. The entire ball or the entire apple was worms. So Trump agreed, and they're they're not even going to try to fix it, they're going to stop it.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said. First of all ten thousand employees, and most of them work overseas, and listen to this. In sixty countries and most of the people have not been to work or in office in a year. Can you believe it?
Speaker 7: And they get paid. I'm sure the American people love paying them.
Speaker 3: Now here's the other thing that not not only do they not show up for work, he says, in most of the programs, not one staff member in charge of the program could say what the money was being used for. Now, these are most of the programs they could not even say. They could not even say what the money was being used for. Now, this is just in the beginning stages where one billion dollars a day is being saved. Now much of the budget are so called health programs. Yet no one knew exactly which programs were being funded. For example, the vaccination program. No one could say where the vaccinations were and how many. Now it's it goes so far beyond this, it's amazing. But here's what I find shocking. And I don't is it because it's Trump or is it because why do democrats and I'm saying democrats, but that's a fact right now they say what he's doing is unconstitutional. Do they ever think, wait a minute, we're just saving a billion dollars a day. They don't care that this money is being spent. No one knows where, including them, but they don't.
Speaker 7: They were the same ones that they said listen though, the Democrats, the same ones for the last three and a half four years, have said they're doing everything they can at the border with it. They can't do anymore without Congress. He has been in for ten days or whatever it is, eleven twelve days and literally has brought down the crossings by ninety three percent, and the Mexican president two day is sending ten thousand troops to the border to bring it down to zero. But the Democrats said none of this, none of it could have been done without Congress.
Speaker 3: The lion bastards. Okay, now here's the you know who's bitching about me right now? Actually a lot of people. But here's the bottom line. I think when it comes when it comes to when it comes to Elon, do you know what he said his superpower was to find wasteful money. All yeah, no, no, but his superpower, he said, it is so easy to compete with these people. One they don't work past five o'clock and two they don't work on they do not work on weekends. And he says all my staff did was everything after five o'clock and on a weekend, and it's it's Zsville. No one is around. They did that all on off hours, because he said, they don't even have the common sense to fight for what they say supposedly believe in. I mean, if you, I mean, this is an amazing thing that's going on right now. It's an amazing thing, cleaning up government like this. How can people not be happy with it, no matter how you.
Speaker 7: Are, because because they live on the troth and they hate having their their trough taken away.
Speaker 3: You know Twitter.
Speaker 7: Twitter ran on about seventy five hundred people when Musk bought it. There might be one thousand people now. So this is what he does. He goes into companies and he makes them run efficiently.
Speaker 3: So you know, but people that text us, you know, say you know he's indiscriminately saving money and hurting program. They can't tell us what they're hurting. I mean, I hear from these same old people over and over and over and again. This is the ultimate consumer issue. So if I hear one more person say I didn't tune in to this show to hear about that, well guess what the whole politics. Now I'm talking about I'm talking about math. I'm talking about what is good for the American dollar and for the wallet and for us. That's what I'm talking about. What were you gonna say, Mark, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Well I was gonna say that whole I shared that that hate mail with you from some jackass.
Speaker 3: But he's like, oh, Mark.
Speaker 7: Doesn't like a DEI and he thinks that played a part in the crash.
Speaker 3: Here's the bottom line.
Speaker 7: The FAA has been understaffed for years upon years, and there's a lawsuit going on right now with about one thousand people suing because they couldn't get jobs because they were white at the FAA. So if they were understaffed with close to half the people in that tower because of DEI, hell yeah, that could have.
Speaker 3: Easily played a role in it.
Speaker 11: Your numb nuts, I, Mark, some one of the guys on x or Facebook said he got one hundred the tests and he wasn't hired because.
Speaker 13: He was a white male on the FAA tests.
Speaker 7: So they changed the test. I want, that's the part that was crazy. So when they changed it, you had to be from a certain culture basically, Well, how how is that even possible.
Speaker 3: That's not a fair test.
Speaker 7: That's like me given tom a tests and saying, well, you got to be from Europe, not you can't be from Italy. You got to be from Germany. He couldn't pass it. He's Italian.
Speaker 3: But but the point, the point they were making in that not being hired, it wasn't literally because they were white. What it was is they weren't being hired because they were required to maintain a certain pie and slivers of the pie. So they were over overstaffed with white that's DEI though. That's that's the whole thing. That's no, that's what I'm talking about. I know, that's what I'm talking about. They did. But yeah, but they didn't say to the person it's because you're white. What they're saying is we But it.
Speaker 7: Literally was because they were a white time because they already had too many white people, right, that's right.
Speaker 3: They had to maintain a certain sliver of minority that they have a pie, and the DEI pie says you must have this percentage of white, you must have this percentage of black, you must have this percentage of Hispanic, you must have this percent percentage of Asian, you must have this percentage of trends, And what really shocks me is how it went from cultural to not just lifestyle, but preferences like I don't understand that part.
Speaker 6: That's the part they don't understand.
Speaker 3: I can understand wanting to be diverse, if you can, if everyone's qualified to want to, you know, open up opportunity for everyone. What I don't understand is how does and I'm not don't hate anyone, but how does truly being transgender become a reason to have to staff a certain number of transgender people or a certain number of homosexual people? What difference does that make? That part I don't understand. I can buy off on you know, ethnicity maybe or culture, but I don't get how then you go to another subset of who do you love and what do you identify as?
Speaker 7: I mean, that's the part I just I'd love to get someone on like this moron Andrew Makovich to hear why, because I would love to understand that. I don't understand why people think DEI is a good thing, like throw merit just the way?
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 7: We don't want the best, the brightest, we want a certain amount of this this this in this it's insanity what I would like.
Speaker 3: And well, what I really mean is I really would and I'm serious if the professional sports team did that.
Speaker 7: How about if the NFL or the NBA said, hey, we need four transgenders, four black people, four white people, four.
Speaker 3: Chinese, four dwarfs. Can you freaking imagine what we would be looking at in that kind of business model.
Speaker 7: Instead of the best that wins super Bowls in championship games, we would just have.
Speaker 3: A hodgepodge of crap.
Speaker 6: You know what, I never thought of that.
Speaker 3: As far as the does the NFL do DEI when it comes to hiring athletes.
Speaker 11: You've got there's a difference between public and private.
Speaker 13: Tom, That's the issue.
Speaker 6: I mean private.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, wait, come on. They were being pushed the DEI standards we push on every private corporation there is. Don't Amasa dalmart every mandatory. Well okay, they weren't mandatory, but they were. They were threatened with all kinds of uh of sanctions if they didn't do it, like losing any kind of government contracts. Come on, I'm just talking about in general. In general. What they were saying is you you got to do it our way or the Highway three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got a lot more to talk about, folks, I really mean this. And CMG Financial we talked about doing reverse loans. They also do the all in one loan I called the liquid loan. It's still a very smart loan. It's a thirty year line of credit. You you borrowed up, you pay it down. That's what it is. You don't get better than that, and every dime you put in the bank counts against your daily balance for lower interests three oh three five seven seven seven, two oh six, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, You're troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Eva, welcome to the show. I'm hoping it is not the Eva we normally hear from, because she shouldn't be thinking about leaving anything to anybody. She should leave it to charity and tell her heirs to go screw themselves. But I digress, Eva.
Speaker 9: You are right on the money. You're not digressing. You got the right idiot on the phone.
Speaker 3: Well, Eva has been taking advantage of her whole life by her kids and grandkids, and they're just disgusting. But let's not go there. What do you need to know, Eva?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm not that I'm going to do it, but I want to know if I were to give prematurely before I passed away, if I give the house to the grandchild, what consequences are there for me and for him tax wise?
Speaker 3: Okay, Otherwise, I want to ask you a few questions. First, Okay, Eva, this is very important. I'm going to forego the judgment and the opinions because it doesn't matter. But let's say you have a grandson and you have a home. I want to ask about your home. Does your home have equity?
Speaker 9: It's paid for? And right now, the grandson and his father are living in their rectory.
Speaker 6: And I guess, and how much is the house hold?
Speaker 3: On eva? Just one thing at a time, how much is the houseworth?
Speaker 9: It's in bad shape, but I'm guessing probably six to seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what i'd like, let's call it six point fifty. Here's what I want to know. What is the purpose if you did this of doing it? What are you trying to accomplish?
Speaker 9: I want to be done with that part of the family, and I just want them to go away.
Speaker 3: Okay, But I don't understand something. Why wouldn't you then just evict them and sell the house and keep the money. Why would you? Why are you rewarding them for being Why are you rewarding them for being selfish, disgusting leeches on society and on their mom and grandma? Tell me, no, I'm I'm asking why why don't you just evict their asses and be done with it?
Speaker 9: Why I can't evict my family? That's not who are Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's enough. Next one, Okay, that's fine, that's all I needed. Next question, who's paying the taxes and insurance on this house and the utilities and all of that.
Speaker 9: I guess who I am. Of course.
Speaker 3: Well, well, here's what I'm asking you. Why do you think that will change if you give them the house?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 9: You know it might not, and that's why I probably wouldn't do it.
Speaker 3: But who's paying them? Hold on, who's paying the utilities?
Speaker 9: I am?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're paying all expenses on the house.
Speaker 6: So are you saying you want to be done with them?
Speaker 3: So you feel that if you can legally transfer the house to them, that you will then stop paying.
Speaker 13: All of that.
Speaker 9: I would like that to happen.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking no, no, Eva, I know you better. I'm not asking if you would like it. I am asking if you did the house, if you transferred it to their name, would you stop paying expenses?
Speaker 9: Honestly, I can't promise that I would. I just want to know.
Speaker 3: Well, then, Eva, here's then, Eva, it's an exercise in futility. There is absolutely no reason to transfer it to them because you would be paying all of the expenses anyway, Tom, I'm.
Speaker 9: Not asking about that. I'm asking about the legal consequences. I'm not asking about a judgment.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: Here are the legal consequences. Okay, if you transfer it to their names and keep paying all the expenses here are.
Speaker 6: Here's what happens.
Speaker 3: On the day you transfer it to them, they inherit your basis on that house. What did you buy that house for? Oh?
Speaker 9: My goodness, probably, oh god, way below. I mean, I've had it for many years.
Speaker 6: Give me an idea of what you paid for it.
Speaker 9: I'd say at the most three hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Okay, So on the day you transfer it to them, they have about three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in income. Now it's not immediately assessed against them because that's after they sell it. So if they sell it, they would have to pay tax on every dime of that.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, on the difference between what I paid, which is called the basis, and what they uh, what it's worth it to sell.
Speaker 3: What they sell it for. Yeah, they would get no special treatment. They would have to pay that tax.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: Now listen, but listen, Eva, you would when you said you want to be done with that part of the family. All I'm trying to point out is you're not going to be done with them if you're still paying every dime. There's no reason to sign the house over. I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. It will not get you out.
Speaker 7: Of anything, and they'll probably kick you out of your own house. Knowing those idiots, I'm just well, she's not there anyway. She's not there anyway.
Speaker 3: So Eva, what I'm asking is, what are you truly trying to accomplish by dating it to them? Because here's what they could do. They could go out and meeting Lee and get a hard money loan for if it's worth six point fifty. They could go out tomorrow and get a loan from somebody for three hundred grand and then not pay it and the house would be foreclosed on.
Speaker 6: But then you would end up paying that too.
Speaker 3: So what I'm telling you is if you give them control over an asset where it's six hundred and fifty thousand dollars, no good could come from it. So I want you to think about what because you're asking me a question that makes no sense because what you want to accomplish will not be accomplished. In fact, it will embroil and entangle you even more. Now, if you have a follow up question, I want to hear it. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So Eva was saying, you know, she would like to leave or transfer a house that's worth about six point fifty over to her son and her grandson who are living there rent free. Now, by the way, they live there rent free. She pays all the expenses, utilities, taxes, insurance, and she is supporting she has been supporting these said beats. I think their entire lives, they don't work, they don't do anything. Ever, now Eva says she can't a victim, and she's going to continue to help them through pay the expenses. But in the same breath, she says, but I want to transfer the house into their name because I want to be done with that part of the family. Well, it's impossible if you're going to transfer the home into their name. Not only are you still paying all the expenses, but now you've given them the power to go out and borrow money against the house. Will absolutely assure them that you will keep paying that loan as well. So I don't even understand what you're trying to do, and we're running out of time. But I want you to tell me what you want to accomplish, and I'll try to tell you how to do it. But right now you're just a chump. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped So you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Runnious as you can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martin.
Speaker 3: I know here solving your problems, answering questions, taking your complaints, making your life just a little easier.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Have we had a busy day today? I'm not like swamped with calls, but issues that are very important. Now. I want to summarize this one over the years, and I like EVAs. She's called us with various issues with her grandson and her son basically taking advantage of her. And no one knows her last name, so I'm not embarrassing her. I mean, she's called the show enough and she has literally supported them their entire lives. Her son does had to call the cops on the grandkid once. Tom, Yeah, he would threaten her if she didn't give him cash. No, he stole her call. Long stories, Well, all kinds of stuff, Mark, You're right, all kinds of stuff. And here's the thing. She literally lets them live in a home that she owns free and clear worth about six hundred and fifty thousand. They live there free and clear and pay no expenses. She pays everything for them, everything, taxes, insurance, utilities, everything. Her son has never ever supported himself, neither has the grandson. They live off of her. Now. I don't know where she gets her money. Actually, to be honest with you, I actually don't know. So she asked me what's the legal way to transfer this home into my son and grandson's name? And I said, what is your purpose? And she said, well, Tom done, I want to be done with that part of my family. And I said, but if you transfer the home, will you still pay all of the expenses and she said yes. So I said, so, how is transferring the home going to get you done with this part of the family? And she says, I just want you to answer my question. And so it's really easy to do what she wants. She can do a quick claim deed, she can do a warranty deed. She can do anything she wants and transfer it. But here's the problem. Once she transfers ownership, she has now complicated things because now she's on the hook voluntarily to pay all the expenses because she doesn't want them on the street. But I assure you, once this house is in the names of the dead beats, and it's worth free and clear six hundred, six hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 6: Her son can get alone almost anywhere.
Speaker 3: Including if I was investing in a loan, he could come to me and get three hundred grand in a hand shake and will not a handshake, you know what I mean? Because a fifty percent loan to value on a house would be a walk in the park. This person could go immediately the day after the day after she signs that house over, they can turn that into cash, maybe even four hundred thousand. And then you know they're not going to pay on it, right, So who's going to pay on it? Eva? So now Eva has just taken a house where she has control, and she's paying only I say, only the taxes, insurance, utilities, landscaping, every maintenance, every that repairs. And now not only will she be paying that, but she'll be paying money because they took a lump sum of cash. How do I know she'll pay it because she just said I don't want them on the street. Because what she should do right now is evict their asses and sell the house, put the money somewhere safe, and live the rest of her life without those scumbag leeches. She won't do that.
Speaker 14: Yes, Tom, we had a case about a year ago where a lady did something similar. She transferred the house to her deadbeat kids. Then after about six months they evicted her. They kicked her out of the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even but but Bo, you said the same thing Mark did.
Speaker 6: She does not live there?
Speaker 13: Okay, I didn't know that, right.
Speaker 3: I think she does not live there. It's still a bad idea, but she does not live there. So I'm going to ask Eva again, what do you think you would accomplish by doing this other than giving them cash from the house and you being stuck for it. What what do you think you'd accomplish?
Speaker 9: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: I can, Eva, Okay, yes, I can hear you.
Speaker 9: Yes. I don't know that it would work, but I would like to be done with it if.
Speaker 3: I were, Well, you're not being done with it.
Speaker 9: Well hold it what I'm telling you. If I sign it over, I would not continue paying utilities or anything else. That would be.
Speaker 15: Up to them.
Speaker 9: And if they lose it, then they lose their inheritance.
Speaker 3: Why would you bother leaving them anything? Why tell me why? Just because they were born to you, and they'd never shown a lick of appreciation or gratitude ever.
Speaker 9: Why Well, because they're family.
Speaker 6: Yes, Viva, may I ask you something?
Speaker 3: Your husband, I assume you were married. When did he pass away?
Speaker 9: Did you ask me when he passed away? Yeah, he's alive and happily remarried and we're good friends.
Speaker 3: And does he think you're a fool?
Speaker 9: No, but he thinks that they do take advantage. He understands that.
Speaker 3: Well, then he thinks you're a fool. He's just not saying you're a fool. So the data is still alive. He can't kick their asses.
Speaker 9: Well, he's still working. He's a scientist and he should be retired, but he likes his science, so he's still working. He lives in Illinois. And and Eva.
Speaker 6: What is your source? What is your source of income?
Speaker 9: Good investments?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: Do you have enough to live the rest of your life?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: I don't worry about that because I am very google and I don't spend any money on myself. Okay, I just want to make sure pay the bills.
Speaker 3: And your son and grandson who live in this house free and clear, and you pay all expenses. Who buys their food?
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 3: Oh really, and you're laughing about that? Okay, So do they give you a bill or do you just say? Wait? Do they give you a bill? Or do you just did you just send them money? How does that work?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: I just I buy groceries and drop drop it off.
Speaker 6: Okay did they ever say thank you?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I guess sometimes.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm going to tell you something right now, I'm not going to help you because I'm not going to help people be well. I can't. You have dug a gray that you'll never get out of and they're gonna suck you dry. And I'm sorry Eva, and until until wait, until you decide no more, I can't help you. I can't even I get sickened watching this happen to you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I'm going to show you tough love, and I'm not helping you. In fact, I'm sorry. This is if you well, no I could, I could. We would have their asses evicted, you would sell that house, You would take that money and put it in some of your good investments or get an annuity, and you would be done with them forever. But you won't do that because that's the only thing. Do you realize that these people have no idea how to survive. They're only you know are they Are they gonna inherit all of your money when you die?
Speaker 9: Oh no, I'll make sure that doesn't happen. I have other grandchildren who deserve, who deserve more.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay. Do you have an estate plan?
Speaker 9: Uh no, not yet. I'm working on.
Speaker 3: How old are you? How old are you?
Speaker 9: Eight?
Speaker 3: Zero? Okay, get an estate plan? Listen, listen, Eva, you're up north, aren't you?
Speaker 9: I am?
Speaker 6: Why don't you call keeln Park? They're great people.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom, Zach's got a suggestion for Eva?
Speaker 3: Is Zach? What is your suggestion?
Speaker 17: Just refinance the thing? Hey, I'm just thinking she should refineance the thing for four hundred grand, use that money to continue paying the bills, give it all away when she gets sick, and then just let the bank take it when she dies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Zach, taking out under grand she sells to make monthly payments on that, you don't get free money.
Speaker 17: Not really out of her pocket anymore, it's out of theirs.
Speaker 3: Huh. So you're saying, refinance it, get the cash and take all of the money, including the monthly payments, out of the cash. Yeah, and then.
Speaker 17: Just give away with leftover when she gets sick and you know, get ready to die. In that way, they'll lose the house when she's gone.
Speaker 3: Well I don't Yeah, I think Eva, you should have victim. I think she should have victim and sell the house. That's what I think.
Speaker 6: Well, I think you understand, Eva, they're going to you know they're going to lose the house anyway.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, Well but yeah, I don't want them hurting me.
Speaker 6: How would they hurt you?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I just don't trust that they wouldn't try to.
Speaker 10: Back at me.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So if you leave the house to them, Okay, and a month later they call you and say, Mom, the bills haven't been paid.
Speaker 6: I need some assurance that you got it.
Speaker 3: Dragon. Thank you, she said a naughty word. Believe it or not. But I don't believe when you said tough whatever. I don't believe you. I believe you would have a compounded problem. The house would be in their name now and you have no control over it. They will take out cash and you'll end up paying not only all the expenses, but you'll be paying their monthly payment for the cash they took See Eva, really, and I'm serious. I'm not fooling around. Eva.
Speaker 8: No, you're you are right.
Speaker 9: And I'll tell you one thing that I didn't mention, And this is why I thought of just giving the house away. He asked, the grandson has some fantastic ideas that he could make himself wealthy by taking out alone on the house and fixing it up, reselling it and then buying a property like an apartment complex or something.
Speaker 6: What ideas? What ideas do you think he has?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 6: Eva, what Eva?
Speaker 3: What ideas does your grandson have that will make him wealthy? Give me? Give me an idea of what it is she just did.
Speaker 7: He's going to fix up that house, sell it, and then basically buy an apartment complex.
Speaker 3: Is that what he told you, Eva?
Speaker 9: He wants to refinance it to get alone to buy an apartment complex.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's financial ruin.
Speaker 3: I predict. I predict within six months of you leaving the house, they are bankrupt and out on their asses. But you'll bail them out again.
Speaker 9: It would take three months at the most.
Speaker 7: Wait till they wait till they go to the courts and get a control of her finances.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you something. Why don't, Eva, Eva, I'll tell you why. Don't be the bad guy anymore. Just tell him Tom Martino bought the house. Tell him, and then let me buy the house from you. I'll take care of them, and I'll give you every penny, every single penny.
Speaker 6: I don't want to dine from you.
Speaker 3: But you let me buy that house and you let me take care of them. Wait, what are you laughing about? You said, I'm serious, Eva, don't laugh at me, because.
Speaker 8: I'm not laughing at you.
Speaker 9: I'm laughing with your h Do you want me?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to buy? I'm serious, I will. I'll make a side agreement. I don't want a dime from you, not one dime. Would you let me buy that house from you and take care of them?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 9: I need a strong man in my.
Speaker 3: Life, Eva. My plan, Eva, My plan would be to buy the house, evict them, sell the house, and transfer the money to you. That would be my plan.
Speaker 9: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Now, of course when you say hold on, when you say I bought the house, they're going to hit the roof. You know, are you serious? If you want real help? If you want real help, you let Mark and me know. But don't let us. I don't want anything else. I'm not going to help you transfer this house to them. I'm not going to help you do anything because right now you're a fool. You're being taken advantage of, and if if they get their way, you're gonna die broke. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You know what's amazing? People texted me say, Tom, if you bought the house and got rid of those jerks, it would all they would still take advantage of her in some other way she'd be paying their rent somewhere or something. Once you have a victim like this, the cycle is not broken. And that's true. And then somebody else wanted to know why I was so nasty to this woman. I know this woman. She's been calling in for ten years, and we hear the same thing over and over and over.
Speaker 7: Well, once again we had to call the cops. We had to call the cops on the grand kid one time for stealing the car and threatening her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was threatening her. Kimiko, what's going on?
Speaker 18: I'm having problems with my HOA.
Speaker 3: In March, what is this?
Speaker 18: Last year they told us that we would have to replace our electrical panel because our place is over fifty years old and the old electrical panel would maybe catch on fire. And if we don't do it by October the first, then our insurance, our hoa's insurance will go up thirty thousand dollars. So in July, in the middle of July, I called Vanessa, who is the property manager of our complex, and asked her about the drawings, because we were supposed to be furnished with these drawings before we started work on our electrical panels, and they also were going to get us a discount with some electrical electricians that they had picked. Well, I didn't pick their electrician. I got my own. In August, I call, I went to HOA meeting and asked them about the drawings. They said, no, you'll have it by the middle of September. So they had a special meeting on October the ninth. I went to that meeting and asked them about the drawings for the electrical panel, which I already had done in August.
Speaker 3: And so wait, kim me, I want to ask some kimiko these drawings you were waiting for. Did the HOA say you had to have it done according to our specifications.
Speaker 18: According to the electricians?
Speaker 3: But THEA is because but the one the ho but kimiko. In other words, everyone was going to use the same specifications made up by this electrician.
Speaker 18: Right by the engineer. Okay, by an engineer.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it was hot the engineer hired by the HOA. You couldn't go out and do your own right. They wanted you to follow the hoa's engineer's drawing. Is that right?
Speaker 18: That's right?
Speaker 3: Okay, keep going okay.
Speaker 18: So they told us that the reason why we didn't get it. It was because they were still working on it. And so the president of the HOA told me at this special meeting on October the ninth, I asked them about it again, and I said, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall because nothing happens. And he said, sarcastically, you will have your drawings on Christmas Eve, eleven fifty five. You will have your drawing. In the meantime, we had to supply a picture of our old electric panel and send it to the president and the new one, which I did. I did everything they asked me to do. I cannot get this drawing. I can't get a permit, I can't get the building.
Speaker 3: Kimiko, Kimiko, Kimiko, I understand the issue completely. Now I need to ask a few questions. Has anyone replaced their panel?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 3: We all have, Okay, where did most of us have?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 18: On October?
Speaker 3: Wait wait a minute, wait, wait wait wait, Kimiko, you told me that no one could replace it until they got the drawings. Now you're telling me yours has.
Speaker 18: Been replaced, right, and others have been replaced.
Speaker 3: So then why do you need then? Why do you need the drawing if it's all been.
Speaker 18: Replaced, because my electrician told me that without the drawings I cannot get we cannot get the permit. And without that purpose, the building inspector cannot come and inspect the electrical panel the new panel.
Speaker 3: But the new panel is in operation. Is that right? Right? Okay? So I want to ask you something. Is anyone from the HOA or the building department? Is anyone giving you a hard time about getting your permit? Yes? Who HOA?
Speaker 18: The president of the HOA.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, Wait a minute, Kimiko. So the president of the HOA is saying, all of you residents who replaced your panels because we told you you had to do it by a certain date, we want you to supply us with the permits. But you can't get those permits because we have to give you drawings and we haven't done that. But no matter what, we still want you to get the permits. That's basically what they're saying. Yes, and so they're saying to you, we want you to get a permit, even though we're making it impossible for you to do so. And if you don't get to permit, then what what are they saying they're gonna do to you.
Speaker 18: They haven't said anything about what they're going to do to us.
Speaker 3: They I would ignore them completely. I would ignore them completely. I would ignore them completely. If you had a license, if you had a licensed to electrician install the panel, if the panel is operating, if other people have done the same thing, I would totally ignore them until they supply you the drawings.
Speaker 19: Why hearing electrician giver a drawing of what he did, because they because they have to match what the electrician did to what the hoa's engineer recommended.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 18: And I have it in writing in an email that the HOA said that they would provide one drawing for all of us.
Speaker 3: I would ignore them completely. I would completely ignore them.
Speaker 18: But my house is in a mess.
Speaker 3: Your health, health, your house?
Speaker 2: What house?
Speaker 3: Why is your house in a mess?
Speaker 18: Because I had to take down shelving in order? Well, come back up, please, I can't unless the building inspector. I've been told by my electrician, I can't put the shelvings back up until the building inspector comes and inspects the new electrical panel.
Speaker 3: Okay, I see what he's saying. You need to leave access well, Kimiko I'm going to tell you some realities. Nothing in the world you can do to make them get you drawings faster. Nothing, And they can't make you get a permit until you get the drawings. So you're at a standstill. So you've got to try to make your home as neat as possible and ignore them. I mean, this is reality. I mean I could make up a story for you, but there's no law that's going to make them get drawings too faster. Now you could try going and getting a permit directly without them. The building department doesn't have to have HUA specifications to inspect that if you're electrician. If you're electrician did the work, they can always call to have it inspected. There's no requirement that they have an HOA drawing. That's not a requirement of a building permit.
Speaker 18: I didn't know that because I thought in order to have the permit, I had to get the drawing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the hoa's requirement. The county simply wants to be able to inspect it and begin to see you're putting. You're putting the horse before the cart. Because the drawing was supposed to be used to get the permit. You never got the permit, but you did the work, so now you're stuck. You're going to be penalized for getting a permit before the work, after the work was done, and you're just going to have to go through the process. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina, your troubleshooter. KH Home Solutions, the oldest home improven company in all of Colorado three oh three four two one seventy one hundred windows, sighting, doors and more. KH has what you're looking for, KNH Home Solutions. That's KG Windows dot com. Hey, so Bill, you have an issue with a foundation. What's going on? Bill?
Speaker 15: Okay? I'll tell you the story I've told you before, years ago, and then I'll finish it up with who do you got that might be able to fix it? I live over by you know where Crown Hill is that you can see up in the air the crematorian.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 15: My block run's right into that, and it's horse property. We got no curbs, and over the years, you know they built the street up. The street used to be lower in the property. Well now it's it's higher. So all the runoff comes onto my property, and the city put us sort of speed bump in front of my property to divert it somewhat. But the water got into the foundation and I'm as soon cracked it when it froze. So I'm wondering is the city responsible should my homeowners?
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you this. Let me let me ask you this basically. First, when when you say the runoff and the drainage comes onto your property, is it visually you can see it coming in and going over to your foundation?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, yeah, because see the tree from both directions in front of my house.
Speaker 3: See everybody going, everybody keep going.
Speaker 15: Soult's on the other side of the street and everybody and everything was dirt and rock.
Speaker 3: You know how old is your home? Okay? Now, now here's what I want to know. You said the street used to be lower, now it's higher. How did that happen?
Speaker 15: Every time they repaved it, they got higher and higher it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right then?
Speaker 15: And then, like I said, the street slopes from both directions in front of my house, my driveway and so got it. That appeased me a little bit. They put a speed bump in front of my property.
Speaker 3: But it's still But hold on, when you say a speed bump, was it for the drainage or was it a speed bump that just happened to help the drainage?
Speaker 15: Oh, it's just it's speed bump, not for traffic, for water to divert it so it doesn't come on to my property.
Speaker 3: And they did that as a favor. They did that as a favor to you.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, because they didn't know what to do. See because like on the like I said, on the other side of the street, everybody had cold get it and you know, okay, and so does my homeowners take care of that? Is the city? And if who who do you got that can fix it? Now we're thinking about maybe moving and.
Speaker 3: In most cases, Bill, Bill, in most cases, it's going to be your responsibility. Unless the city was negligent. I don't think they were. I think the street just got higher and higher, and it's up to each owner at the end of a drainage to cope with the drainage. Okay, so normally that's the way it's done. However, let's say a big builder came in and screwed up all the drainage and did massive damage. You could make a case and try to get them to pay for it. Did you ask the city to help pay for the damages that part?
Speaker 15: No, but they conceded by putting the speed the city on liquid.
Speaker 3: No they didn't know. They did not.
Speaker 15: No, they did not bumping.
Speaker 3: But they did not. They did not say to Bill, Bill, we are responsible now for all of your drainage and damages. I assure you, that's not what the speed bump means. Okay, I know that's what you want it to mean, but that's not what it means. Now, I'm not saying they won't help. How much damage do you have?
Speaker 15: Well, it's only bad when it rains hard or snows.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not asking that you said your house was cracked your foundation.
Speaker 15: The foundation is cracked, Yes, the old so you have.
Speaker 3: No idea how much structural damage you have. Hold on, We got more coming. Just hang on. There's way more to this bill than what you're asking. Got more right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand Thereal estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two