Speaker 1: No one elected on follow the efficiency.
Speaker 2: I look at all that he's found.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRZ the talkstation eight o six Here fifty five KRCD Talk Station. A very happy Tuesday to you. Got the Daniel Davis defde at the bottom of the air. We'll talk about the latest in Ukraine and Russia in the meantime. Welcome to the fifty five krc Morning Show. Bright bar b r E I T B A r T dot com bookmarket. You'd be glad you did.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: We had Bright Bart reporter Randy Clark to talk about the unfolding situation on the border where things seem to be getting better and better, at least for those who care about it. Welcome to the program, sir. It's great to have you on today.
Speaker 2: Great to be here with you. Brent.
Speaker 1: Did you see Rashida Tale was the old hold out about the cartel border tunnel system vote yesterday from the House of Representatives. The bill was aimed at cracking down on Mexican cartels. It passed four oh two to one. They used tunnels to tunnel underneath our southwestern border and the bill requires some management and monitoring of that. And she was the lone no vote. No explanation as to why. But it was a nice thing to see some bipartisan ship.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you know it is. But for some people, you're just never gonna win them over. And she's one of them. And there's you know, there's a handful of others that will practically vote no on anything that's helpful as well.
Speaker 1: Well, and vote no on anything Trump supports, and they just they still just Trump's been living for rent free inside their collective heads now for years and years, and if he says he wants to do something, they're an immediate no, regardless of how sensible it is. But he did demonstrate on day one that it only took some executive actions to actually bring about some border security. It's a remarkable, remarkable shift from the Biden administration's open borders policy. And everyone recalls the Democrats kept screaming about, oh, Donald Trump killed a bill that would have fixed the border. We need the pastest border bill in order to stop the problem. Well, no, you just need a change of administration. As I read on bright Bart with your reporting, the Southwest border hit the lowest ever market, down ninety four percent from last February.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, I live about a mile from Mexico in Eagle Pass, Texas. That was one of the busiest border crossing spots during the entire Biden administration era. And it is calm, peaceful, and quiet. And people don't realize when we say, hey, the borders under control what that means to those of us that live near and on it. And that means there's no debts, there's no children getting pulled out of the water that are drowning. That means that there's no pursuits on the highway that are causing accidents that are killing American citizens. That just means night and day difference for us that have to live it every day. So it's a big deal for America, but it is a super big deal for those of us that live close to that border well.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that was revealed with the open border situation is the smuggling of unaccompanied miners and the obvious trafficking in human beings that was happening as a result of that. And you think of these poor kids clearly, what you might you can only imagine what they had to go through. That that has stopped, or at least has been curb substantially.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, we're seeing zero apprehension days in some parts of the US Mexico border. But those unaccompanied children you mentioned, there were nearly half a million. In the four years of Biden was in office, nearly half a million children were voluntarily abandoned by their families at the border to be used for a number of purposes. And you said, we can only imagine. You're absolutely right, because that's as much as we know right now. We can only imagine what happened to the bulk of those children.
Speaker 1: Well, and they seem to have been lost to the ether here in America. I mean, they were reportedly, you know, assigned to home to addresses that had no dwelling. They were handed over to people that had no familial connection with them. I mean, it's it's just a horrific situation. You just wonder if, well, if they're ever going to be found. I guess this is something that comes to mind.
Speaker 2: Well, and what people need to remember is the federal government doesn't have any trained people on board that serve as child protective services. Those folks that handed over children to sponsors in the United States, most of them were contractors, and all they could do was a very cursory vetting of the thousands in custody a day. Up to eighteen thousand of those children were being held in federal government facilities, and it was a rush to get rid of them, and we were paying over seven hundred dollars a day to detain each and every one of those young children, So it was just a travesty.
Speaker 1: Well in other areas that are bringing about savings. I note again Breitbart Reportingdy Clark, the detention centers are now being shut down because they're now empty.
Speaker 2: That's correct. You know, there's just no need for them. And they were running ten to twelve million dollars a year in some parts of the country. Tucson had them. Where they are keeping them open, they're using them to facilitate the flights, the deportation flights, so they're not going to keep them open just to keep them open. And now we're opening hardened facilities that are used to detain folks waiting for removal as well. Two facilities in Texas that are set up for families are starting to get the mothballs removed and they're going to be opening soon and that's going to facilitate that those massive deportation operations that allegedly are on the horizon.
Speaker 1: Well, we can only hope, because the current focus for the Immigrations and Customs enforcement are criminals, not just illegal aliens and not criminal virtue of them being in the country illegally or unauthorized, people who actually committed crimes and some of them going back to children. Pretty damn horrific.
Speaker 2: Randy, Yeah, so that's the good news. I mean, we know that, you know, as the operations are ramping up, that's the focus over almost six hundred and fifty just in the last month in the Houston area alone, and most of those eighty percent were you would considers criminal aliens. So that's a big deal. We know now we're prosecuting folks for some of the most heinous crimes. Also, that's a good place to be. But I think the administration knows we had unvetted people coming into the tune of tens of thousands, sometimes a week or more, and that's going to be the pace that we have to put into reverse to ever undo the damage that was done over the last four years.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the mechanisms that the Trump administration just did to reverse that process is this turning the CBP one app into a self deportation tool. I thought that was rather brilliant what they did.
Speaker 2: It was and whether you know illegal aliens take advantage of that feature or not is really not the important thing. What the important thing is is consistent messaging across the board. And so we got consistent messaging under the Biden administration from the very go that hey, come and searche the border, and then we dismantled every mechanism to remove somebody from the United States that Trump had put into place, and then we just basically abandoned ship on the border and let everybody come in and we release them, so that messaging was consistent. Now we have the message, a consistent message coming out going, hey, we're going to relaunch this app, which has other features that were really what it was originally for to facilitate legal trade and travel. Now it's also telling everybody, look, that app is there again. If you'd like to self deport yourself by all means, go ahead, but we're not going to facilitate you coming in. And that's important to have that message because folks are turning around mid journey, not even trying to reach the southern border. Now they've decided in Mexico, Central America, as far away as Panama, we need to turn around. That's what messaging does well.
Speaker 1: I think some may consider, you know, fizing the option to self deport, whether through the app or not. But because we will fly them back to their country of origin, they don't have to take a multi thousand mile journey on foot. We'll give them a ride.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, we've seen we have seen that already. We've seen some folks that are packing up and leaving. Like I say, we've seen it mid journey. But we've seen folks leave from the United States on their own back to Mexico decide I don't like this here, I don't like this climate, and wondering if I'm going to get caught on my way to work or at the worksite. We know that this administration is putting a lot of pressure on ICE to do work side enforcement, which is pretty much just was abandoned over the last four years. And that's very important. But one other important thing to remember is that yes, the President is right that all we needed was a new president to start to control the border, but we do need some legislation to keep it this way because in another four years or eight years, we could have another president to come in and open these borders again, and we'll be right back to where we were. So I think we certainly need to set some limits on parole. We need to start work side enforcement, as you know, as a regular thing. We need to get everified, pushed federally to all fifty states. Make that mandatory. Make it cover contractors. If you cannot get a job and you can't get benefits here.
Speaker 1: You will not come well and clean up the social security ranks. With active Social Security numbers out there, probably being used by folks who are not authorized to work in this country, because conveniently, there are a whole bunch of Social Security numbers on the system that are still open, and our people would would be one hundred and fifty two hundred years old if they were still alive, and they're not. There's no way they can be. So that's one other small area that seems to be a rather low hanging fruit, easy thing to fix.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it sounds like there's you know, some work getting done at least in that direction that we haven't done before in history.
Speaker 1: Well, in the other opponent of this, it's not just the United states and the environment and our cities being overrun, and all the resources that have had to be dedicated to dealing with the illegal immigrant crowd, the schooling, the housing, the food, the medical issues. But the fact that the Mexican drug cartels were human trafficking cartels also making billions of dollars off of this, so they get their funds dried up because of the lack of demand given the new border policies, but also the ability to smuggle drugs into the country is challenged by this.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you know, for too many years, look at the terror they've caused inside of Mexico. You know, we get lectured from Mexico about their sovereignty and this and that, and in almost every state, they've got some of the cities with the highest murder rates in the world. You know, if you look at the top ten cities in the world, the bulk of them are in Mexico. And these folks they're bringing that death over here. And now it seems like we are getting to a point that we have had enough. This president has had enough, and that's good because what they are peddling here is is substances that kill, and substances that are addictive, So it's disruptive. We've sent jobs over there, and we've imported the world's poor here, and these cartels are just they're making a killing.
Speaker 1: Well figuratively and literally. Now, yes, and the other thing I think they service that helps Donald Trump win the election, this immigration crisis that was created by the Biden administration. We get the infiltration of these various gangs and in large amounts. And these are the worst of the worst human beings alive. They are violent, evil and they also engage in criminal activity and drug activity here in our country.
Speaker 2: You know, they've certainly taken the limelight of any domestic gangs. You rarely hear anything about, you know, domestic gang activity in the United States because these people are pros that leaving their home countries, they're extremely like you say, they're extremely violent, and they come in and they take over the vice markets in large cities. That's what they do. They've done it in Columbia, they've done it in Peru. The Venezuela and friend at Agua gang, that's what they do. You know, they fled Venezuela, but they didn't stop their criminal activity. They are here and they're moving from city to city as ice goes to different places where you're seeing some actions in Houston, Texas, or you see someone in Colorado. Those folks are pros at just leaving. They're in Colorado one day, they'll be back in Manhattan and another so they can be in your neck of the woods at the drop of a hat if they need to.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed that in your area? I know you mentioned you live right there close to the border, but I guess the deportration raids in Texas led to two hundred federal criminal cases. I can only imagine some of the gang members are among these. Did you notice or were you aware of gang activity during this what i'll call crisis under the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Well, so that's what you know. People don't realize is that where's the transit point? Nothing stays sedent, terrier, stationary on the border. Everything is going to a city near you. They don't want to live in Eagle Pass, Texas. They don't want to live in Laredo, Texas. They want to live in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, New York. So everything leaves right so we we see the immediate carnage, We see the loss of life, and we see the smuggling as it occurs, but it's all in a push to get up north and to get to large cities, mostly sanctuary cities, and so we live with it every day. But it's a different episode every day. And it's it's you know, people dying in the river. It's large, massive groups. It's folks in neighborhoods with the dogs barking all night and not get in any sleep. But it's everything leaving. It doesn't stay. The gang members will never stay in Eagle Pass. It's all going to you.
Speaker 1: Oh fun facts. Although again least Trump's put a stock trying to put a stop to it. Are they Are they rebuilding the wall now that Trump is the trubman fustration is in. I know they had the wall bought and laying around in pieces, and the Biden administration started selling off chunks to it the scrap dealers for a fraction of what it cost us. But are they back to building?
Speaker 2: Yes, they're back to building. And you just you mentioned something else that yes, this is changing. The changes are dynamic, they are visible. And that's the one thing that I think we need to focus on is that, yes, this border has slowed to almost a crawl to nothing any kind of action, And the tension that you're seen is related to the removal process on the fencing question. In the wall, Yes, where there are materials, like especially in the Texas Real Grand Valley, other places where there are some gaps in Arizona, they are starting to fill those gaps. There are still projects like in Eagle Pass, Texas, where we were building the wall that hasn't started yet, but my assumption is going to be that's going to be coming soon. They've just got to restart those material orders and get the funding going again and the contractors there, so as soon as they finish a project, they'll move those contractors and they'll start somewhere else. So, yes, the wall is back on.
Speaker 1: Right Bert Reporter Randy Clark talking about the border situation. Since you lived there before we part company, and it's been a great conversation. You sound like you have a renewed sumptive, a sense of optimism for your neighborhood, your community there on the border. Is that like a widely held perception that people are sort of exhaling and going finally we're going to get a sense of calm around here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, it's not just for my community, but it's every community from Brownsville, Texas, all the way to San Diego, California where they were dealing with these problems. But I think that's why we have a new president, because that's how badly we wanted this to end. Amongst all de demographics of voters on the Southwest border, we saw a lot of inroads by the Republican Party in South Texas counties that had never voted Republican, you know, in one hundred years, turned and went to the Republican Party. So, yeah, there's a lot of optimism down here, and yeah, I'm pump.
Speaker 1: Well I'll tell you, Randy, it's been a wonderful conversation with you. I appreciate you spending time with my listeners and me, and thank you for all the work you do over at Breitbart. I just truly appreciate your website. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to having you back on again real soon.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Thanks for having me. You have a wonderful day you too.
Speaker 1: It's been my pleasure stick around folks. Daniel Davis Deep Dive with the latest on Russia and Ukraine. That'll be next hope you can stick around fifty five KRC