Speaker 1: It's the Internet. You're busy, Let's do this. Welcome to Game mess Decides podcast. It's the podcast where we decide everything about the world of game so you never have to think for yourself. I'm your host, Jeff Grebbin with me is Mike Manatti. In today's episode, Netflix GTA six presentation reveal. That's bizarre and we got some more casting news for the Zelda movie. But first, Mike Manati, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm doing. Ready for the weekend once again. I want to play some video games. I started a little bit of that token. I want to do some more of that. I got the found Facy fourteen running on my switch to So now I'm now I'm questioning in bed, which is just the place I always wanted to bed quest at bad question?
Speaker 3: Yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Todd, Like if I could be an adventure and someone who went on quests but also stay in bed at the same time, perfect life, Like that's yeah, I would have everything. But yeah, I I am a god. I have a sort of laundry list of things I need God, And that's sort of like ominous when I put it as a laundry list, because the thing at the top of the laundry list is finished. The laundry room renovation, I'm getting there last weekend. Last week I was like, Okay, there are like three tools that I guess I should go rent. And then I looked at the renting prices, I'm like, maybe if I just bought them, that would be pretty close to kind of the same price. So I bought a bunch of tools and now I have them all. I got a nail gun. I got a an oscillating multi tool, which I just thought was for mass effect, but apparently that's real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, like I said, ceiling stembolt, that was for you, my star Trek fans.
Speaker 1: All right, it's uh like basically just goes back forth real fast and can kind of like cut through things very accurately. So I'm got to cut out the countertop for the sink, and I gotta put all the shit. I gotta make it look a little table. I want to get that done because I keep thinking about this office. I think I want to redo this office. I just a lot of stuff I want to do. Yeah, I kind of want to move things around, and then then it's like probably a bad time to start doing that because I did like look up and I saw John Madden and I was like, oh, yeah, that means it's time for game reviews to return, like review sees that I think Alex Davorro would always be like John Mannon saw his Shadow, and that means six more weeks of NonStop game reviews. And that was just like twenty four weeks NonStop. It's here. There's a lot of games happening.
Speaker 2: It's a big one September. It's so there's a lot going on there. You know, I'm excited for some video games, but also yep, yep, work work work, yep.
Speaker 3: Work work work.
Speaker 1: It's uh, I do have like a concern like that, Like we're all so excited for a bunch of games coming out, and I think we should be, but it's, oh, there's a chance that like three or four of these could have like big like sort of backlashes as people find out like what they used AI on in a way that we weren't expecting. I'm just worried, like we're gonna get away from all this bad news and all these games are gonna come out, and the bad news is just gonna keep following us one way or another.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, I don't think that's going nowhere. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, let's see. We'll see who else the a Trump family member owns in the video game world in a few months, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I'll not let that get me down too far. There's there's too many games to choose from. I'm sure I'll be able to find the ones that I'm really into. Uh, but yeah, this is a We're gonna have a big episode just talking about all the all the news and stuff, and then we're gonna do what we say. We're gonna do that mount rushmore of game announcements or game review.
Speaker 2: Reviews because this thing's happening.
Speaker 1: So sure, yes, all right, that sounds good. We'll figure that out. But first, thank you everybody for joining us. You can give us a good rating wherever you are listening, hit that like button on YouTube. Both those things help people find the show. Also tell a friend if you want to ask a question to us, you can do so by dropping a super chat during the show here on YouTube. We'll get to all of those before the end of the program. Thanks to Carlos Ayen, who is Insane in the Rain Music on YouTube for the use of our theme songs. We are on Spotify, Apple Podcast and wherever pods are caught. Thank you to the mods, thanks to Christian for producing. And you can get more from Mike and me and support us by going to patreon dot com slash game Mess. That's patreon dot com slash game mess. Thank you to everybody who has supported us. I've seen some new names come through. It means the world to us. Thank you so much. If you do so gets you access to our Discord server, participation in Q and A sessions, and our game club discussions, early access to new episodes of shows like Columbros and of course all of our shows add free. Uh. For the reminder, you can also become a supporter by supporting us as a YouTube member or like one of our Twitch channels, So that works just as just as well. But Patreon dot com slash game Mess is the main way. All right, With all that out of the way, some big news to talk about. Let's take a quick break and then we'll get into it. Can't stop talking about tools, Mike, because you're here.
Speaker 3: I got a new beer, new beer alert. Look at this?
Speaker 1: Is that an? Is that a Star Trek themed beer?
Speaker 3: No? No, no way, I thought it like.
Speaker 1: Something about yeah, something about the font treatment. And then I thought, like the name of the beer was like a Star Trek character for a second. But it says Dort. That's a Dort.
Speaker 3: It's so close a door flight great, says Dort monder Gold.
Speaker 2: They made a light version of it two point nine percentically nothing, this is watically water. This is a healthy Yeah, you were man, your health nut dark man exactly. I bet, I bet it's gonna paste reinvigorating.
Speaker 1: That sounds so goddamn good. A dortmunder light that sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: Guess what chip pretty damn good, Pretty damn good. That is refreshing.
Speaker 1: I don't drink much beer, but like, yeah that's these days, but that sounds like it would hit the spot on a hot evening.
Speaker 2: It's like definitely like has like a light your quality, but definitely like has that maultiness that I like in the Dort under gold regular Dort heavy.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm gonna call it, and that's so heavy. The Dort diesel is what we call it here, all right, let's see here. GT six is next presentation, which I think they did actually in the headline say an extended look is gonna happen on Netflix as a timed exclusive, very timed, like six hours later, it'll be on YouTube. But people are gonna want to watch this thing right away, and the way to do that, I guess is only on Netflix. Although is that going to be the case, because are we gonna be able to like co stream it? I mean, they're probably gonna say no, but can they stop us? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I heard that they are are allowing people to react to it and make content out.
Speaker 1: Of it, So then what's the point. But whatever, this is going to be like, right, I assume that this is like some previous Rockstar trailers or presentations that have gone into more detail about what the game is. That sounds like what this is and Netflix being the home of that. I don't know. It feels both new and old. It feels like it hearkens back to the days of like big media events for big big properties launching excuse me, in video games. But it happening on Netflix is the new part where it's like, oh, that's that's weird.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is just a quick moment in time. It's gonna fly by. We're probably never gonna think about it again. But for now, Mike, what he it?
Speaker 2: I make enough of these jerk off hand motions to destroy the joints in my skeleton. I can't do this enough. I'm like, I'm just getting so over it. I'm not I can't. I can't even like stop anymore. I just I'm sick of it. I'm sick of it. I just I resent your Grand Theft Auto six. I resent that this is, for some reason, five times bigger than any big, big video game that's ever happened before, and we kind of like treat it like that. We treat it like Princess hoot shit constantly where it's too good to have a fucking game. Triller just had some show or just put it on YouTube. It's gotta be on Netflix. Now what the hell are we talking about? I just I can't roll my eyes enough at it. I'm sorry, I just I just I can't stands it no more. It's a fucking driving shooting game. Gray, will you you pupee? Oh god, there's gonna be a billboard that has the word hits in it.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: Oh really that's edgy. It's yeah, it's it is going to be another Grand Theft Auto game that at the end of the day. That's it's I don't think it's gonna be all that different, but you know, they'll they'll have something to show off.
Speaker 2: Here have a lot of minigames, so it'll it'll have like a plut put mining game. They'll be I'll get it a lot of it's going to be good. Of course, there's lots of good video games.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Loser goddamn mind's over it all the time, like this, Netflix isn't have to.
Speaker 3: Get involved, Netflix, but then just get involved.
Speaker 1: They backed up the money truck they had to have paid for this six hours of exclusivity that we've established is not going to be that exclusive. Like, I guess people will rush to Netflix. They will, but I don't know, like what is long term? Do people associate Netflix with grand theft auto going? I don't know what this accomplishes for anybody, but uh yeah, I'm I'm like, I'm mostly just curious about how this came about and now here we are when kind of like, all right, Netflix.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 2: I really should to pick the time when I wasn't swinging back beer for the first time in this show in a while to go on a rant.
Speaker 1: On the door clearly the dort's gone to his head. Everybody. Yeah, although it is ye this someone said Jeff Keilly, it's very funny to me like that we ever thought that this game could appear at like a Jeff Keeley show or something like. He he was never gonna pay to get it, Like that's absurd, what's smart?
Speaker 3: Don't pay for it? No, God, Like, we're not gonna pay for it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get a lot of like traction from this just reacting to whatever this bullshit is, Like, we're gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gosh, I almost want to tell you all, don't watch it. Don't watch us react to it.
Speaker 3: You told him that over it. I am God.
Speaker 1: It's uh, that's not gonna be the case. People are gonna show up for this mic. They're just gonna watch it. It's like it is a cultural vent in video games unlike we've seen in a while.
Speaker 3: I think I grew with that. It's like the way we.
Speaker 1: Treat it as if like we've never seen something this big before. We don't get the cyber consoles coming out, God, and we just know very little about it at this time. And God, Okay, so if it does come out and it like stumbles out of the gate. If there's like some sort of maybe not cyberpunk level of backlash, but like something close to that, are you going.
Speaker 3: To revel in it or what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't think I should say that. You think it'll be very interesting what it is? Yeah, I think that would be to observe that and commentate on it as a professional's you know, he won those like Red Dead Redemption to all right, you do. Yeah, it's not about Rockstar game. It's about this one game. They're getting fucking like like they're they're getting a fucking metal of freedom for taking fifteen years to make a sequel.
Speaker 3: Great god ja, yeah, well done. It took too fucking long.
Speaker 1: And but but people didn't forget about it. They're still this is somehow it's it feels like it only made it's uh yeah, it's it rise in at the estimation of like a lot of people. And now I do wonder if it's going to be able to live up to the hype. It feels like people won't be able to tell themselves it well, they've been waiting too long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, no chat, I'm getting a cute. This is the first beer I had.
Speaker 1: Very chat. It's very funny, so keep doing it, like clear, Oh god, uncle Mikey's on on the sauce again.
Speaker 4: It's yelling so much that Mike is like cutting out sometimes it's funny.
Speaker 3: It's even funnier when that happened. I can't lower that gate anymore.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, yeah, yeah, sure it's graand so I hope, I hope it's everything that everybody wants it to be.
Speaker 3: I hope that you all have a great time with it.
Speaker 2: It's not even launching with that the like the online multiplayer mode that actually made GTA five the generational giant hit.
Speaker 3: It was, right, yep. Yeah, though, I.
Speaker 1: Mean although you know, millions people show up just to play that single player.
Speaker 2: As well, So yeah, obviously still a big deal. Look, I've said before like I've never been that into it, even when it was saying PS two era, when it was you know, also the biggest thing word. I would play those games a bit and then kind of pretty quickly go back to playing counter Strike or World A Worldcraft or whatever I was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely had my time with Grand Theft Auto three at friend's house and we just play it NonStop. But yeah, Grand theft out of five. I just goofed around for some time, installed a bunch of ods. I had my time with him, but it was not Honestly, rock Stars game design had very little to do with the enjoyment I got out of that. So when they're gonna like, here's a big presentation to talk about our game design, I like, that doesn't mean a lot to me. I just don't think you guys are going to change much when it comes to that. It is going to be go here, do that thing, and it's going to kind of control all right, ish is my And then there I think all the like exciting stuff will be like it will be like the physics and the rag doll stuff and how they've improved that and how that leads to emerging gameplay for when I install the mods on PC thirty five years from now or whatever.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean I do wonder, like, what are they going to do with this presentation?
Speaker 3: Like you can't is it? I hope? I hope.
Speaker 2: So I want to see the first ever perfect dark multiplayer match.
Speaker 3: So much during that thing. You know what vibes, Yeah, you know what vibes. It gives.
Speaker 4: It gives like clueless gamer we call on O'Brien, you know, or like when we follow on, how they will switch or whatever? You know that like definitely saying your real TV type type.
Speaker 1: Shit, Yeah, I do, right. I do wonder, like who's going to be the host of this thing? Like if it was something like a Universal project, I would be like, yeah, Jimmy Fallon could easily be there. It's not gonna be the case, but I do wonder it's gonna be James Cordenhit, like Jimmy foul would be perfect.
Speaker 2: He is like right, somehow, he's the avatar for the people who are just inconsolably excited about this game. Man, I can't help but find it as an object of curiosity, and when something like this happens, it's like, huh okay, my guest here is in a couple of years we will look back and be like, remember when I was on Netflix?
Speaker 1: Isn't that kind of stupid and funny? Although I guess we already feel that way.
Speaker 2: So here we are, all right, there's somebody I'm sorry, and so much chat is just like I was like, it's just an ad?
Speaker 3: Why you mad? Bro? I don't understand It's an ad that's on Netflix. It's not one of the ads. You get that, right, It's a show. It's a present behind a pen.
Speaker 1: Oh you have to pay a subscription to get it. It's just it's like just stupid, Like just look at it. It's a stupid thing that has happened.
Speaker 2: This is clearly extraordinary, right, and I think it's worth ridicule, And I will go ahead and ridicule.
Speaker 1: And then at least like again that same day, like people are going to get home from work and be like, oh, yeah, that's happening, and then just watch it on YouTube. Like that is like that is the timeline here. By the time like a lot of other people realize it's happening, they will just it'll be available on YouTube and they'll never even know it was on Netflix. So it's just a weird thing all around.
Speaker 2: All right. Sorry, Like that's like that, like the person jest said, I pay for no ads Netflix, so I can't watch it.
Speaker 1: Switch to remains Nintendo's fastest selling system. They sold another three point eight two million Switch two systems during the April of June quarter, brings it to a total of twenty three point sixty eight million after thirteen months. That is a head of both the Wii's twenty point one three million and the original switches one of seventeen point seven to nine million in the same amount of time. Nintendo maintained its forecast of sixteen point five million switch to systems for the full fiscal year. Nintendo's quarterly revenue fell nine point five percent year over year, but it's operating profit, so it's making more money from everything. A rose one hundred and fifty point five percent. A big part of that is they got a huge return of tariff money that they that they paid and that got Yeah, I went right back to them. So all those price increases they did to pay for the tariffs went right back in their pocket. So they made less revenue, made much more profit, netted out a lot better. Uh, we're not gonna see any of that money though. That's so free price increases for all these companies, including Nintendo.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, but do you do Yes, that's such an eye. There's there's as always interesting stuff when these things happened. I always find the software sales interesting. Yeah, like Kirby Air Riders doing one point nine millions.
Speaker 3: That seems really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that game right, Like God there's no way that first Curber writer or whatever.
Speaker 3: Did anything close to that.
Speaker 2: No, that it's like interesting that like Yoshie isn't on there yet, right, so that means probably hasn't sold a million copies yet. Still no sign metrad Prime four, which is split across two platforms, but still you think maybe would sell one million copies on one of those platforms, maybe switched to but you know, the both the Pokemon games doing very Oh Domodoch you like doing incredibly well.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly eight million copies sold for that and that's like sold through two consumers.
Speaker 3: It's insane.
Speaker 1: The original game through its entire lifetime was around six and a half not the original game, the three DS game that's the first one we really got here, but that's not the first game. I did about six and a half million lifetime. It's been four months since this game came out. It has not had a holiday, and it does seem like one of those ones that is in the not just Animal Crossing, but in that Nintendo zone of games that sell one hundred thousand to five hundred thousand copies every quarter throughout the entire life cycle of the console. And really now for a lot of these Switch one games that has continued from Switch one to Switch two because backward compatibility is so like ever present that those games are just continue to sell and it's not like they're discounted most of the time. So those sixty dollars games from the Switch one are still out there, still doing exactly that. Tomadacci Life could sell for a very long time and kind of get up to twenty million copies at some point. Maybe it won't, but eight million alone is saying creditable. That is a blockbuster hit. It's a smash hit, mega hit. Most first party games from PlayStation in Xbox never sell eight million copies. Most of them don't sniff eight million copies, So that's really good.
Speaker 2: I see a game fire asking about star Fox. Starf Fox is pretty recent before this quarter, so hard to gleam anything from that. With tun Raiders obviously not part of this, but Jesse and I've actually bought a couple copies of that game for my nephew. They both had birthdays recently, and like when I went, yeah, last week, when I went out, just impossible to find a physical copy, just sold out, yeah everywhere.
Speaker 3: It's actually well, I bet that game is going to do very well also, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, it's weird because again, you look at like the software lineup in some ways are kind of like, ah, this is not the sexiest year for Nintendo software. But I don't know, you kind of look at it all together, it's actually really solid and selling quite well still, and I think there's a chance firing them is going to also be a pretty big hit. An okran a Time remake also obviously going to do very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Let's see, your pcopy is at five million, and that's just outside of Japan, and I think that game is like at like a million physical sold in Japan alone, So I mean you just double that that that game, that which is a switch to only game, probably around seven to eight million. Now at this point. That's really good. That's like, yeah, okay, clearly that game is broken through as well. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The switch to as as momentum though, and obviously a part of the sales of the console being strong is due to the fact that people are rushing out to get it before the price increase happens, which is not happened happened yet, that happens September first, But then I think I think the expectation should be around the time that that price increase really does go really does go into effect. That is when I would really also expect Nintendo to say, and here's why you will, you should forget about that because here's Zelda Okerna of Time and they will just kind of hicck it up from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I alost wonder if like there's a director around that time too, to finally, like they show off one of the big games coming in.
Speaker 3: Okay, Smash Brothers is coming. Everybody right here.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it's possible for them right when we we know like how these things go, like getting the assets ready all that stuff. It's it's hard to do that. It's it kind of it's tough. But if they do have a three D Mario and this Zelda Ocera of Time remake and a Smash and a Luigi's Mansion, for like, if they were saving up stuff to have like a Mega direct, that would be the time to do it right, just make people forget about the pricing increase olk although you know, they might have another price increase next year, so they might still want to spread.
Speaker 3: That stuff out.
Speaker 2: So if they never felt the pressure to kind of go back to the old bad habit of announcing a game way too early or they have done before, like what's the Breath of the Wild and Metrod Prime four of course, like maybe this would be it. Maybe this is when you're like, there is a new Mario game and here's the name of it, and that's all you're gonna see. Yep, exactly three years, four years, five years.
Speaker 1: We talked about the EA deal closing with Saudi Arabia last week that really it did close. It is now a privately owned institution under Saudi Arabia's Private Investment Fund, which is argued with the Sovereign Wealth Fund PIFF. Jared Kushner's Difinity Partners is part of that as well. Silver Lake is a part of that, but huge leverage buyout.
Speaker 3: We also talked about that aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Around eighteen billion dollars in debt that they will have to service about so about each year, they'll have one point eight million or billion excuse me in interest payments that they'll have to make, and they have an operating revenue of around one point five million. Their earnings before income tax, you know, the deficits in appreciation or whatever, amateurization whatever that is. EBITA is one point five billion, so they can get close to servicing that debt. And basically, if they paid all that one point five billion to their payment, they would be able to pay the interest maybe, but they wouldn't be able to pay down the principle, so they would continue to own eighteen billion in perpetuity. So their answer to that is to set seven hundred million dollars in annual costing cost cuts, with one hundred and seventy million of those being organizational efficiencies, which means you translate that to job cuts, which I think a lot of Yeah, yeah, Like that's they're gonna have to pay fewer people because what else can he do to like grow and make more money. They've already squeezed every stone of all blood available, so this is kind of all they have left to them. And it's like, oh, that's so it's gonna be more miserable, which is what we were predicting last week. But it's already seeming to come seemingly coming to fruition here.
Speaker 2: Right, And you know, I think the worry is, well, is it like layoffs across the studios or is it just like we're gonna close down the studio, and what studio would that be? Can they afford to do it, to support studios even for these big, super money making franchises, or is it just gonna be bioers time to finally go away?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: That's sort of the nightmare here, because you can maybe see them being like, well, dragon Age didn't hit. We know people care about mass effect, but do they it's a mass effecta wash, Halo's washed.
Speaker 3: Maybe mass effects washed too. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be If there were decent stewards of franchises at all, that would never possibly be the case, and a next mass effect would be a giant hit. But I bet they can talk themselves into into saying, well, maybe we'll at least get that out and then probably just shut it down, or who knows, worst case scenario, just shut it down now.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seems like they've AA has always been merciless with closing down studios. It's always feel like even they have had a sense of shame when it comes to closing down freaking BioWare.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that can survive this transition here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems very unlikely uh, because it's like that's like the easy one here for them to close down and then deeper cuts at studios like Respawn which have already had cuts. That seems like that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: To the Criterion has just been a support studio for Battlefield, right like right right, maybe they could probably outsource that I elsewhere.
Speaker 4: AI.
Speaker 3: What would it what we know these people are working for if the AI will do it for us.
Speaker 1: Right and and you know what they'll do is like they'll close down the Criterion and these in like a motive and stuff like, okay, they don't need to support it. We will contract out these like AI specialist studios and that will secretly actually just be human beings in other countries actually doing any of the work that gets approved that's actually any good or whatever. So but that will still be will be paying less money, and that that would be the idea here, just worse games from a company that we I think everyone's already feeling for a long time now lost.
Speaker 3: In the woods and their ability to deliver exciting new stuff.
Speaker 1: God, I never thought I would just be so desperate for the John Ricotello years to come back, but right I would takes.
Speaker 2: I would take a Mirrors Edge catalyst right now, so fucking hard. That sounds good and like the weird Medal of Honor reboot. Yeah, oh baby, they tried at least the need for speed game.
Speaker 1: That was story okay, yeah, sure, cuts like fu cutes maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God just so far away from SSS tricky and God's true light exactly.
Speaker 1: We have Uh, we've just steered away from it in a really bad way.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 4: I saw the EA f f C Club whatever trailer for it, and there's just there's there's like a like an Argentinian fake city on it, and he looks.
Speaker 3: So AI everything, like the streets and everything.
Speaker 4: I had no I had to prove that it is, but it looks so like the paintings look like, you know, AI is love, He's we're cook.
Speaker 3: That's we're so cook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm definitely like seeing it everywhere, whether or not it's like really AI or not, It's it's definitely poisoned the well for me in a way that I'm really disappointed about because I'm seeing it in every game I'm playing, and I just don't know if it's real or not. And I could just go back to old games where I know that's not the case, and that's real nice. Uh Beasts of Reincarnation reviews happened. Uh, you're gonna play this game, Mike. It's got like a seventy five is it's in that range?
Speaker 2: Like it's always like, because I completely understand the argument of like seven out of ten games, those are good, and like sometimes those are completely fine. There are a lot of video games past than presence, and there are a lot of games that I think are an eight or above for me that I haven't gotten to have it right. That's why sometimes it's hard to be like, well, let's take time to try out this seven out of ten, even though it's like, you know, it's a difficult situation, like how could how could game do much better than that? With this first swing here of something very different from them, very ambitious, even though it seems like some of the some of the mistakes maybe they could have done better, like story pacing things right, which something they traditionally have not been great with.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Yep, yeah, they're they're promising to make those updates, those improvements to the game. I bet by the time this game is twenty five dollars or you know, it's going to get a discount this holiday, for sure, but like when it's like really deeply discounted, I bet it'll be you know, close to an eight at that point, like a seven point nine or something. They're going to make some improvements here and make it a better game. And I do think they'll be able to do that. Well they make it a great game, I'll probably not we'll be able to stand up to other games in in the genre. I think it'll stand alongside many of them at that point. But in this moment, why pay full price for a game that they've already said that they are going to make better eventually, Like we know it'll get this time, just wait to buy it then. And I think that's what a lot of people are. That's the move for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: And there are so many games coming out obviously, right there's that too, So it's a rough should be a seven Onnie Musha, which.
Speaker 3: Is like sem similar but probably going to be better.
Speaker 1: It's bom yep exactly, Like just play that instead now and then pick this up in a Steam cell a year and a half from now. And that's again that's the move. Sam Neil is in the Zelda movie, according to reports from I Think Deadline for this one. Deadline reports that Sam Neil filmed a role in Nintendo and Sony's live action The Legend of Zelda Movie before his death on July thirteenth at age seventy eight. The movie finished principal photography in photography in April, meaning Neil had already completed his work. His character has not been identify. Deadline says this could wind up being his final screen performance. If you're thinking that he is Gannendorf, he is not. That is people are saying the guy who played Young Rock on the.
Speaker 2: Table, the twenty one year old version of Young Rock, it's Uli La to Kefu. Yeah Australian. I think, yeah, yeah, so I've looked up the pronunciation on that one. So yes, uh, that's the Gannendorf. I think that's more reported than announced, but seems like, yeah, that's the case. Other actresses reported as well. We don't know who they are, but it could be like, you know, I would guess Sam Neil maybe the King of Hiary, right, I.
Speaker 1: Will tell you I know exactly who Dyke and I'm not sure if I'm saying her name, right, but deishen Lachman think that's Empa.
Speaker 3: One have you seen her? You should look at an image of her and tell me she's not Empa.
Speaker 1: People are got one hundred years from now, and people give to be like, oh, it's cool that they, you know, made the character in the video game The Legends still to Okerate time look just like the actress in the movie, because it's like they're gonna get it backward.
Speaker 3: It looks exactly. It just looks so impa.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. And then Yvonne Starkowsky from The Handmaid's Tale and a bunch of other stuff is playing an unspecified queen character.
Speaker 2: So well, we don't usually see the Queen of high roll in these games. Huh right, Yeah, maybe she could be the Queen of high Rule. She could be like an evil queen or something like that.
Speaker 3: But maybe she's gonna be the goron queen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it's gonna be in it, right, if it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be one species quote unquote in here, Yeah, rons.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's say, uh, Zelda does like have to go on her own and kind of deal with the stuff on her own, but mostly she is a damsel in distress or whatever. I don't think she can go fully be That's that's not the style of storytelling at the moment. But Link is going on in an adventure and he has to team up with like a charc like what is most likely to be in his sort of posse, his sidekick posse. Do you think a gorn could make that cut?
Speaker 2: I think gorons can make the cut. I think bird people out, Yes, not opening in the movie. It's gonna work too much, right, I think that the fish people might make an appearance, right, like, yes, they be question the fish people. Yeah, I don't think they're gonna be like part of the crew. You're gonna like go to fish town for a for a scene in the movie. Uh yeah, yeah, boy, I wonder if he's gonna he's gotta have a crew, he's gonna if he's gonna talk, he's gonna have that people to talk to.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly is gonna be people to talk to. So I I think a goron is kind of perfect. Actually, make you ceg that up.
Speaker 2: You can kind of make them look like the Thing or something like Rocky in uh yeah yeah, not not the Boxer but the Alien and Hill Mary kill Mary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that could be uh a fun sort of tough character that is also good for comedic relief. I think that would be fantastic. I hope.
Speaker 2: Wait, I just don't want it to be all like humans or humans with ear prosthetics.
Speaker 3: Give me a little bit of something here.
Speaker 1: Also yes, also Dyke and Lockman already has the ears as well. She just alright out, it's crazy coming.
Speaker 3: It's next year. Next year is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's close enough that people are shocked we haven't had a trailer yet.
Speaker 3: It's specifically April thirtieth.
Speaker 2: I think it is April thirtieth, so like not even second half of next year, which is like, yeah, it's it's a little surprise.
Speaker 3: We have not had a trailer yet. It's good. It's coming down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, we we we'll get that. Uh, we'll get that real soon. We'll get a teaser or more in the next couple of months. For sure.
Speaker 3: We're not going to get to the end of this year without seeing Yeah, it's got to have at some point before Christmas.
Speaker 1: You would think, yep, exactly, all right, that doesn't for the big headlines I wanted to talk about, let's take a break and then we'll talk about what the chat has.
Speaker 3: To say with the super chats. We'll do that right after this.
Speaker 1: All right, it's the sides Jeff Grubb, that's Mike mine, and we're gonna do some super chats. Now, go ahead, Mike Lexa.
Speaker 2: He says lots of love to Giant Bomb and Games commediately Unity Lately. I want to say lots of love to you. Le absolutely very sorry for your loss. I hope you're doing well to let us know if you need anything.
Speaker 1: Love you. Sure you think a lot about.
Speaker 2: It, Bob as Me says all a while ago, I asked if I should get a Steam Machine. I appreciate the device, but I opted to ignore it and talk myself into needing it. So got it, very cool, I'll be a way too expensive toy. So long and thanks for all the dish.
Speaker 3: Yeah I have. I can finally talk myself into I don't need this thing. I'm not doing it. I was like, I had to see what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: In a moment, I knew I could buy one, see if I could really resist the call of saar on.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, I just know, I'm it's neat.
Speaker 2: I know it's neat and I would love to mess around with one, but I just know I'm not really gonna use.
Speaker 1: It that much.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I just say I would have advised it against it for you. You just would not have gotten that much use out of it.
Speaker 3: Yes, just not for my keys.
Speaker 2: Uh Zorry Matt says, thank you Jeff and Mike for the content. What was is your favorite actual in arcade cabinet? I always thought the Tron's looked great, both Tron Tron Disc of Tron. It's the light and the grid stuff on it. I always thought Tron looked It was an awesome looking arcade cabinet.
Speaker 3: Big fan of that one.
Speaker 1: Uh God, I can never remember the name of it, but whenever I would go past, Okay, I think it's just Time Traveler, which is the sort of hologram one that cabinet would always like catch my eye at tilt in the mall that I grew up next to.
Speaker 3: I think it was Sega. Might have been Sega maybe maybe not, but just like Traveler, Sega published it at least somewhere, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's definitely similar, similar to Dragon's Layer, but like it used just like a mirror to make it look like there's these solid brands sort of popping out and whatever, and I like, but the whole like, the whole thing looked like it would have been in Star Trek the Next Generation.
Speaker 2: So I like this, Yeah, yeah, it looks like that episode where they're all getting addicted to that weird advisory.
Speaker 3: Jud and Wesley crusher slist. Next up is Epic Open World.
Speaker 2: Video games are gone forever unless Mike, let's say, chicken sit on his shoulder for an hour or eat and digest one apple.
Speaker 3: What's one will make do? Oh easily the chicken to the chicken.
Speaker 1: I think he would like, I think through like like the just being exposed, the exposure therapy aspect of it. He would get over the chicken by like a minute thirty seven or so. Yeah, Like look, guys, I laughed after the chicken thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like immediately there'd be no no one would be laughing.
Speaker 3: Omni Slasher says, I got a job.
Speaker 2: Here's some money pee ns uh the Slasher, although I doubt that's half of your paycheck, which we.
Speaker 3: All know is when you're supposed to that's this is an unacceptable tithing. Uh things.
Speaker 2: Good berry godfather says my son's name is also Doris, also named.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: Zombie Porn says, you know, Mike is old when he's drinking two percent beer. Mike used to drinking menscow and advanced slurs. Has been fifty five for the past ten years.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, man, I don't look a day over fifty five either, that's for sure. Uh yeah, yeah, two percent. Like I think they could sell that beer without modification in in Utah.
Speaker 3: So that's that's when.
Speaker 2: You know. That used to be a thing when like my mom was younger. She'd be like, if when you were eighteen, you were allowed to have like weak beer.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, the beer beer or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I honestly, I've never seen like a commercial beer this low. Really, I don't know that's a good idea to me.
Speaker 3: You ain't Latino.
Speaker 4: We can tell we got like here down here, we're fourteen, we're drinking of fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know. It's the whole meme of like I saw it recently, of like one person on one subway and another person on the other subway and they're going in a different direction, and it's like twenty one year old European deciding to quit drinking twenty one year old American being like just getting into drinking and they're no different.
Speaker 3: That's like, yeah, that's probably very true. That's so true because I quit smoking at twenty two. I'm like, yeah, exactly. Bryce W.
Speaker 2: Gilbert says, chance that GTA six has some Mari Largo Mario Lago equivalent controversial thing in it, which causes you know who to attack the game and alienate night the youth more. That's like I almost don't know, and I don't I don't envy them this one where I'm like, well, you just really ignore that part of Florida if you're doing the Big Florida game, and part of me is like do I want to see it?
Speaker 3: Oh though, So I don't know what they're gonna do or what's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: And how do you lampoon it because it is already so absurd. So if you put it in your game and you come up short, it's not gonna look like, oh Trump should be mad about this. It's gonna become like sort of magnet for people to be on, like for Maga to do dumb stuff in there. It's yeah, I agree, with you, Mike, I do not envy that being in that position, although they could just try to do something different, and I don't know if they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: That either, right, but like.
Speaker 2: It's like based off past grandthap out of humor. I just would be shocked that there isn't some kind of make blank great again joke, right.
Speaker 1: I hope I'm wrong, but I think that'll be in there.
Speaker 2: Maybe the backlash of that guy with the hat scared them away from it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if they're paying attention to anything else.
Speaker 1: They don't pay attention to other thing. Yeah, the other things sadly, and they were like that couldn't happen to us.
Speaker 2: M uh but here now pop it three two says Door on Golf is my favorite series on VHS. Uh Toy Moros says Mike should drink on every podcast, But it was like pandemic.
Speaker 3: I used to more often. I used to more often. I was like, eh, we stopped doing that.
Speaker 2: But it's like, you know, I got those six backs, haven't had one, and I'm like two percent beer, Come on, Yeah, it's h Chris Pratt while he says, Mike commit dort e.
Speaker 3: I can tell you all these super chants were rolling in. That was the Morales says, just bought a six pack.
Speaker 2: Dort couldn't have paid for a better ad peenish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, like sponsored us, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Damn has like a weird beer sponsor of some kinds sort of it just goes. It's like, hey, give me free beer, and they're like, okay, that's what he does. So like we should haven't done that. I guess try uh jed Nintendo specifically comment and the fiscal report that Yoshi and star Fox are selling steadily.
Speaker 3: All right, So there you go.
Speaker 2: It makes sense. I suppose and say anything about Metroid though, did they I don't know now, No, no, they won't. Yeah, Genitre says, I already installed the EA app from my PC years back, but definitely not allowing a Saudi slash cushion her own app to be running on my PC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Origin God remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just so much extra money from not being on Steam. They got all those that thirty percent was back in their pocket.
Speaker 2: Man, big is real smart. That's a real smart thing that they did. I bet none of this debt is related to that.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Yep, exactly.
Speaker 4: Now, if we want to play tight on Fall two, I want to have to launch this year. That's gonna be they taint they tied the Fall two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean even if you're launching on Steam, you stuff to launch it still.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see her now to anywhere Else says, you guys take time out of your lives to play three out of tens? You guys are fine skipping seven out of tens? Yeah, I'm I'll tell you what. Three out of ten sometimes more interesting, you know, yeah, three out of ten if they pay the bills.
Speaker 1: A lot of times people like that show a ton. We made a whole show about playing seven out of ten, So I don't think it would be is as popular.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, Seven to Heaven. Yeah, that'd be funny though.
Speaker 2: Speaking of speaking of sevens Uhlan America says f Facing fourteen eating a fin Fantasy seven remake themed gold sausa area with a new typing of the dead like mini game. What other franchises should teach you to type?
Speaker 3: Goodder?
Speaker 1: I think Ali miracles at ten, so I disagree with your assessment of you, said, speaking to Seven's and then said Alma was a.
Speaker 3: Final Fantasy seven. I was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't throw you under the wow.
Speaker 4: This to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't end I'm going to talk about what she asked because that's how much respect I have for.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: I think all other like, haha, typing games are just screwed because no idea was funnier than Typing of the Dead.
Speaker 3: That was so good. Yeah, I mean brilliant.
Speaker 1: The last couple that we played. I enjoyed them. But typing, though, that is the like platonic ideal of that of that concept for sure. Yeah, I mean if you had to do it to something else.
Speaker 2: There was a Mario typing game actually right, yeah, yeah, honeypop typing.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: Zombie Porn says when Chuck was playing x Com, he named the characters after the duders and Mike killed Jan as he misshooting an alien.
Speaker 3: How could you do that, Mike?
Speaker 1: Look, that's on Chuck for naming the first round of characters after us in an x Calm game, especially in early XCOM game, Like, there was no way we were going to survive that wit and we did it.
Speaker 3: Apparently, No, that wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 2: Brockness monster sent a super chat without a message is most recent chat after it, though, says man, I don't think we sell two percent beer here. Haven't seen a zema in like ten plus years, so there you go. Like I think the first time I like sipped a zema, it was like instant heartburn. That's what I remember of zema.
Speaker 3: Chris, Chris brat, screaky chat, get him off the board and what I do.
Speaker 2: That's all the super chats are now, think everybody if you want to send any more super chats and we will read them before the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, Thank you Mike for reading the super chats. We are going to take another break. When we come back, we're going to do Mount Rushmore of game reveals right after this. All right, Mount Rushmore game reveals, Mike, what do you do you like any sort of caveats, definitions? How do you want to like?
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't necessarily to be like the first time a game was revealed, which obviously isn't the case with this GTA six thing, right, you know, more exciting than.
Speaker 3: It is like a trailer per se, but like a reveal of some kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, we could we could do it off five, so we can throw suggestions out out there and get the idea for sure.
Speaker 1: Can I say what your first one probably would or should be. I would like to hear that Smash Brothers Ultimate twenty eighteen e like Nintendo Direct reveal sort of thing, you know what's interesting, even like more than that, specifically the Banjo KAZUOI reveal living Sure, Yeah, I like that's one of my favorite, like watching a crowd of people pop off, even though like I'm not even like the biggest binge of Gazuli guy, but that to me was like, that's cool that they're finally in there, even more so than SOA for me, I thought the Benjo Kazuo is just a really neat trailer, a big surprise, super fun. They got a lot of great like reveal trailers for Smash Brothers.
Speaker 2: I mean, for me, the Mega Man and Smash Brothers for We You was the most I ever freaked out personally for one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could take the greatest ever case for that one.
Speaker 2: There sure even bral when because Bral had the revealed trailer Smashs Brawl and the end of it during the real cho they're showing new characters. You have Pitt, you have Warrio, but then at the end was Solid Snake. That might be the one actually brawl.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, do you remember like the the the Tender Direct twenty eighteen, Like, do you remember how that went down?
Speaker 3: The one that was basically patch notes that you all hated but I love.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: So it was every every one is here one right right right right. But but it was like it started, I realized.
Speaker 1: And it's the Inklings. It looks like a Splatoon game.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: The smash Logola in their eye and everyone pissed their pants, like it was was amazing. That what I think, that's kind of amazing.
Speaker 3: They are so good. Holy shit, that one, right, Sacer, I was like, I think sack Rice behind all that.
Speaker 1: I really do. I think, like, oh, you know, Nintendo was involved in every decision.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think Zach makes the call on all that ship, all his idea and that is such a good time. That one was incredible because I was so freaking excited. Huh Okay, maybe put like maybe put that one in Brawl and we'll figure out because those are both huge.
Speaker 3: Those are both huge.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh, you know, hang on, let me just do this Super Smash people so people could see it and me do this. Yeah, Super Smash Brothers ball okay, all right and Super Smash Brothers all right?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about this, but and I don't know if it's a good way, but that weird Spike TV Xbox three sixty reveal event man, uh huh. That thing is so of its time. It's hosted by Elijah Wood. They are pushing Perfect Dark zero hard. You know, it is a launch for this great console too. And I was you know, it was very It was very exciting. We've kind of knew then that the three sixty, but that felt like a very next show because there was obviously so many things lining up with online play in HD, so just like having a new console that was going to take advantage of those things in and of itself was super interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like we just knew to be excited and we were like justified in doing so in hindsight.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then this like silly media way too much money event uh felt like it felt like old school video game like hype excitement, like, oh, we have all the money in the world to do this, and then also it was a really good console on top of that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, uh all right, I have that here. So Just Metal Gear Solid two at E three two thousand, Like just the fact that.
Speaker 2: That one up to that was that if you guys weren't there, that was the most just GoGG go nuts trailer of all time. Everybody's losing their goddamn minds over that Metal Just Solid two trailer at E three that year.
Speaker 1: It played on a loop and people like the line to watch it would be I think these are stories I heard. I wasn't at E three, but it was like the line would be around the block to watch that, and people would stop it like when and just watch it over and over again and sit in the hallway. Yeah, that's to me, it's like when I think of the biggest trailers, that nothing's bigger than that.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the one Super Mario Brothers three in the Wizard. Yeah, okay, that's a good one, Mike.
Speaker 2: God to find out that's that's how a lot of us found out that game existed and was coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, I don't know if I knew about it before, and like I'm sure like I was aware that it was like maybe even gonna be in the movie, but that still counts. Like seeing that and like making my family go to the movies to watch that movie so I could see more of it. It was incredible. It was like this, uh sure the whole movie was a commercial and I didn't care, and then I ended up actually quite liking the movie as a kid, for sure. Yeah, okay, so, uh, I do think the Twilight Princess reveal in at E three two thousand and four, following all the wind Waker stuff, well, I disagree with all the wind Waker backlash, that Twilight Princess reveal at E three two thousand and four was still like pretty big.
Speaker 3: That was like up there with a metal Gearsalad two for me for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's the iconic, Like that's the picture of Shiggy comes my mind first, the same in that blazer and that green mushroom shirt with the Master's in the shield just posing right after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was kind of an amazing moment there, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's a huge but probably the best of the Zelda ones, like some of them are weird, Like the first look they ever got a Breath of the Wild was very short I never for Guy Awards Sword that they just showed us like a picture of Fee and Link and like this is from the next Zeuda game.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but this was right. This is one that had like the most showmanship and really seemed to like get the crowd hyped and everyone watching was hyped. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even even the freaking like the Years of the Kingdom kind of like it was exciting, like, oh yeah, they're making a sequel to Breath of the Wow. But that trailer itself, like the Great Showers for those games came much much not as reveals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely much later.
Speaker 1: M I have like at least one more for sure that I like that. I was in the crowd for at E three, I think it was two thousand, twenty sixteen God of War. That trailer for, Oh God, mind blowing. It was like, oh, I didn't know we could do this and to show like it was gameplay, but it was so cinematic and it had everything right in that moment of creatos, like being an old man and having a kid and the zero cuts of the camera so it's just following behind the character for this entire fifteen sixteen minute demonstration and being in the theater, especially because I kind of remember it was like this almost old school opera style theater and I was in the upper level and you look down, and I want to say they had either like a live music playing along with it, but then the floor was animated or they had like projections on it to sort of expand what was happening on the screen. And then there was like actual practical effects as well.
Speaker 3: That blew me away and.
Speaker 1: Still is like to me the high bar for what happened at E three in terms of a game reveal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's that's a that's a very good one there. How about the uh, the Resident Evil seven one, because that one was kind of like just the first person spooky thing. Everyone's like, well, what is this exactly? Was it kind of till the end when you have the reveal of the logo that you realize those Resident Evil a franchise that at that time kind of seemed cooked a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you know how Halo right now seems a bit cooked.
Speaker 2: Uh. Even God of Wars like, oh maybe that's done, Resival, maybe that's done. And then yeah, both of those kind of had these big resurgences because of those right, Yeah, I like the good fake.
Speaker 3: Out once too.
Speaker 2: Bega Slid five had the fun fake out, even Residvoll nine recently right where they're like, someday we might talk to you about the next Resident Evil.
Speaker 1: That day is today. Yeah, that's that's fantastic. All right, we gonna hop over to the.
Speaker 3: The Let's let's take a look.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some of the there give me six yes, yeah, although I might throw in if they've done, I might throw in, uh one or two. Oh look at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're number one. Joy Z saying the E three two thousand and four reveal of Twilight Princess.
Speaker 3: I think that was back when they used that one track from Conan the Barbarian and like all the Zelda teasers and that always hit so hard, love that song.
Speaker 1: Let's see Mitchie poo. Just my hoping that it's still a real game that will come out. That Jurassic Park trailer that we got from Saber, Yeah that looks sad. I hope we get more anything of it since Yeah, I guess there could happen at any moment, or could take several more years. We'll see input name here Ac New Horizons fake out followed by announcements that she's in Smash Brothers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for a little bit further down there. Yeah, oh we have got it. There we go, you know, Yeah, that's right, that's right. That was a fun again Smash pres announcement so freaking good.
Speaker 2: Even like even like it was awesome that we got the tea announcement in Street Fighter.
Speaker 3: They aren't as good at that as Smash Brothers was, right, Yep.
Speaker 1: Yep, definitely not. I mean Scott Smash brother that like half of the appeal of Smash Brothers was just getting excited about new character announcements.
Speaker 3: Yeah for a while earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of better than anything's ever been at that chance, says this maybe cry at the time it's the Street Fighter five announcement. I do remember this being a big deal, right of.
Speaker 2: Course, ultimately people are a little disappointed and when it launched, but yeah, there's a lot of excitement at the time.
Speaker 4: The only other funny games like characters I can remember they were like Super High were like a Cooman Taken and also Geese and Taken and that's pretty much like there are all the High moment but that's kind of the biggest.
Speaker 3: One for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was like the big sort of revealed that Grand Theft Auto four was going to be multi platform in a big way. Digital Firefly has Peter Moore revealing the Grand Theft Auto four tattoo on his arm, uh to reveal that it was also going.
Speaker 3: To be on Xbox three sixty. Right, that was a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably like the one Graft Theft Bottle game. I associate with Xbox more than the PlayStation. Still really right, Like everyone I knew played that on Xbox three six Still have that too?
Speaker 3: Supermanent? Yeah, of course I was.
Speaker 1: I think we were both in the theater for this as well. Mike fire Harris's the music alongside the reveal Grim Fandango remastered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember being absolutely shocked that that was happening. That was super exciting for.
Speaker 1: Me, for sure. Infinity does mention. I think the God of War twenty sixteen Revealdas says the first cam footage of the E three two thousand and three demo, I know it wasn't real, but it was.
Speaker 2: How I found out was the reveal this is Half Life two. This was the physics kind of demo demonstration. I think I also watch it on GameSpy. I see that little tag down there. Yep, yep, God.
Speaker 3: That thing was.
Speaker 2: That was an amazing, like just demonstration that probably didn't more work than any cinematic tri because they were doing things like, look, we threw a box in the water, now we're gonna throw a mattress in and they react differently.
Speaker 3: It's crazy Trespusser did it before.
Speaker 1: So of course halfway foe is everything to trust. Uh screaming Madden says the reveal for Mario Odyssey.
Speaker 2: I was gonna bring this one up actually because it's a great one. We just saw the real city. I was like, what the heck's going on here? And then he Mario popped out of that great like, oh okay, I.
Speaker 3: Get that one is great.
Speaker 1: That was fantastic, man, all of that one the game, damn. Doctor Lynch says the Final Fantasy Vin remake. Yes, that was actually a really huge reveal when that happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was kind of that that E three Pressor of Dreams were through twenty four, Last Last Guardian and.
Speaker 3: The SHEDVY three stuff is happening there as well.
Speaker 2: I think Resie Will I think Bompas remake was definitely like the one who that turned out the best of all of those.
Speaker 3: It's quite anice kind of ruined this for me. I remember seeing it and I was like.
Speaker 4: He said, for Reellow remake because they were doing a year after year, like we final Fanta seven is here, and he was like the port to PC of the original one or like remaster of the original is like get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: It is like interesting, like, oh yeah, we're going to be reaching the end of that E three of Dreams sort of promise. Finally at this point when the final when the third game comes out here, it would be fun to like like look back on the effect that that had that three announcement season. Uh, Bob a reincarnation says the real winner here peg.
Speaker 3: Two smash that jumping smash off to the stage floor. It's very good. I do like that. What would that guys? For real? Right?
Speaker 1: For people that don't remember this or maybe didn't see it. Uh, they announced the sequel to PEGGL, which is just like a Pachinko style adventure game from pop Cap that was owned by e A. And they finally came out with the sequel and the guy does it on the Xbox stage, just gets up, jumps up with his fist and then like brings his fist down and like almost a hero style like landing.
Speaker 3: But doesn't complete it, and then he just walks off stage. It's great. It's so funny. Why they probably like, oh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna reveal this, guys, like I'm just gonna go out, guys. I got yeah, hell yeah, the hero.
Speaker 3: Love it absolutely.
Speaker 1: Tommy Pencil says the Ghost recon breakpoint stage presentation that had the good dog in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh right, that dog. Okay, what we.
Speaker 1: Could do the mount rushmore of like video game dogs that were in trailers, like.
Speaker 3: The Call of Duty one called Ghost Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Lowell also mentions Final Fantasy seven remake. H James Pye says kill Zone two. This is the real. This is real gameplay. We swear.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I mean that was that's infamous. Really, yeah, they just I do look at it.
Speaker 2: You just I remember at the time you could just tell it that's not how these things move in video games. Like, I know, you put a gun in the bottom right corner, but that's that's clearly not game.
Speaker 3: I ate this ship up. That was like, this game is crazy.
Speaker 1: I remember at the time being like there's just no way. Ali Miracle says, for some reason, I recall the hype of the reveal being explosive and then you know, and that is Metroid other m.
Speaker 3: People were very excited.
Speaker 2: People are super stoked, like whoa team Ninja's gonna make a Metro game? Ali, Yeah, everyone was stoked out of their mind.
Speaker 1: For people that didn't know what the Wizard was referring to, here's a picture of it from Easy to Use. Yeah, there you go, a secret new game that he wasn't able to practice. But don't worry, you still knew where the whistle was.
Speaker 2: If we ever have a Giant Bop convention, we need to pay like somebody to just recreate the stage rret so people can play Mario three like the in the Wizard.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we'll have.
Speaker 1: Chuck make the tool to like track the scoring as if that matters or whatever. And the last running across the Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: How did he know where the flute was?
Speaker 1: I know, fifty thousand points in Double Dragon Guys of Savant Uh Jamie H. Christmas Eve says, Yes, the legend of Zelda is this is this Breath of the wild.
Speaker 3: That's breath for the wild.
Speaker 2: That's the one where I asked the Numa like, hey, Link looks a little different, and then he was like, who said that was Link?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: I said, I wrote that story like Numa says it might not be Link, and everyone lost their mind. Yeah. Yeah, it wasn't much of a trailer really, it really like you didn't get a sense of the big open world and like the physics and like the chemistry and what the game was actually gonna be from that trailer.
Speaker 3: He was he should like reading the horse and then jumping out of it and like fighting a cordon. Yep uh.
Speaker 1: Zeel thirty four says E three two thousand and six could could almost fill the whole list between middle Gear, Solid four, Halo three and Brawl And that's the reference to like Snake at the end of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, credible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't had a Halo yet, shockingly, but there's a there's been some that Halo three one honestly is kind of insane. If if it's not on there, we got to include it.
Speaker 1: We can. We can include that for sure. Yeah, JD Camp includes deep Down.
Speaker 2: Any day, they should just release it. They should just start working on a deep Down again and release it. And it's enough it'll be great.
Speaker 1: Ye speak down too, villain Mack there it is Halo three first trailer E three two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Even even I thought that was I didn't even care that much about Halo, and I was like, dang, he's wearing like a little cloky thing.
Speaker 3: That music that pis like boo boo. That's like, that's the best Halo music. Dang.
Speaker 1: Yep, that was definitely very very exciting when that happened, even for me as well, and I was never a huge Halo guy at that time. Blazon Noah Final Fantasy seven remake trailer ros Rocks Feather says, is this brawl as well?
Speaker 3: It's the same brawl trailer? Yep, that's the same one. All the stars are here.
Speaker 1: Lenny Cool, Dick Denversa is me. We might get skins for the fifth time on a voicemail dumb trug uh. And it's the inkling looking up at the Smash logo and it's yeah, in their eye.
Speaker 3: But that's maybe one.
Speaker 2: How are they going to announce the next one, because like, I don't know if they have an inkling style. Well, we all knew the inklings are gonna become part of that, right, it's like, oh, they got a new franchise for the first time in a good while.
Speaker 3: Here really really going.
Speaker 2: I mean there's characters like I want to be shocked if Dedo is a character and smash right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like from a franchise. Yeah, they're gonnadd the Witcher people.
Speaker 3: They wheelchair people from drag Extray. Yeah, there you go. Yeah all right, good, good good.
Speaker 1: It's just there all of the characters are in the wheelchairs from Drag ex Drive instead. Uh, Adam asleep says the Gears of War Mad World trailer.
Speaker 2: This was interesting because this one's more just the commercial slazed trailer than a reveal to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's very good. Yeah, it's obviously amazing. Yeah, definitely stuck with me.
Speaker 1: But you're right, uh okay, Clink says, don't you guys have phones?
Speaker 2: I was there, Ganda, that's the one I was there for that when that where I interviewed that guy that same Bliss called that poor guy.
Speaker 3: I still feel bad for him.
Speaker 1: I think this guy does like social media contest.
Speaker 4: He also where he took He's awesome. He talks about the mechanics of games and how he designed an.
Speaker 1: Bosses he designed for World of Warcraft and stuff, and like very specific problems down then solved.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 1: Always be clothing. Slash Corgi says that star Fox is this star Fox zero right with Starfax.
Speaker 3: Zero with the puppets. Yeah, good times, good time.
Speaker 1: Big Tony says, welcome to High Guard Man.
Speaker 2: That was that was just while that that went last. I know, we talked about it at nauseum. That's those crazy call man.
Speaker 3: Guy liked the video game and he was like, oh, let's put it at the end. That's the thing. It needs more than that, you know.
Speaker 2: Nope, yeah, definitely not five six years ago, right, that was the last game of Award.
Speaker 3: That's what the last game of war Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, within the last twelve months.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: First X Adventure has that time that uh you stabbed Mario just he killed him, killed him.
Speaker 3: That was incredible. Jesus. Those trailers, man, they're just on a different plane of existence.
Speaker 1: Christian has the Final Fantasy thirteen two and six trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quite a bit of bullshotting going on in that one as well, to be honest, but it was pretty frigging So the game kind of loosely.
Speaker 3: Then it kind of looks like but it's like.
Speaker 2: More specn't quite look like, Yeah, that's time they put what the UI would kind of look like over a movie in that trailer for like running around and like shooting people and swing your sword in a train while the camera cuts a bunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more spec the game loose like.
Speaker 1: We're people excited when the Final Fantasy fifteen got revealed and that was like, no, it picked up the mantle from Final Fantasy thirteen versus something went disappointed.
Speaker 2: There was a little bit of a splits. I was some people were disappointed, like, oh I wanted versus thirteen.
Speaker 3: I thought it was cool. That's me get into thirteen. Now can the hearts four right?
Speaker 1: Grant mp here has the Revolution trailer from E three two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I remember, yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember us all going around my computer like I'm going to finally see what the hell this thing is because there's so many we were Everyone was really freaking out trying to figure out what's going to go on, what's happening there?
Speaker 1: What's the revolution?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 2: There was I remember for a while, the theory was like the buttons were gonna like pop up off the controler.
Speaker 3: I remember that they were liquid metal. Yeah, every way there was the liquid metal thing had traction, and believe it or not.
Speaker 1: I remember those those illustrations on like Neo gaff and shit, uh the cat has a middle gear solid five round if I can get this up here, the phantoms came there we go round zero, yes, and then uh a more. Yeah. This actually was a big one. The Fallout four presentation apathets the three showcase because they revealed it and then they oh, man, I just covered us all up and then they, uh, we're gonna like release it not even like six months later.
Speaker 2: And that would be cool about it, Like yeah, like hey, here it is and you're going to play it soon. Yeah, So that was that was definitely one of their but was I think the Skyrim reveal was cool though the much better trailer was the second one.
Speaker 1: For that.
Speaker 3: The reveal was mostly just looking at that wall with the stuff on it, so yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like it was so exciting, like even the Fallout Shelter, which came out the same same day as this reveal, it got a huge pop off because people were just so exciting. The next Fallout yeah, yeah, all right, let's see here, Mike. Anything we should add to the short list.
Speaker 2: Over here, Halo three and Mario Odyssey if we haven't, Yeah, yeah, make sure the shortlist of physical by.
Speaker 1: The way, Yeah, let me fix that real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a good ease. Well, that's a good ease. There we go.
Speaker 1: Nope, still kind of on us. Been there, it's all fixed, all right? Anything else you said Biohazard?
Speaker 3: I added that, Yeah, I think we're I think it's I think it's here.
Speaker 1: BioShock Beyond the Sea. Was that a reveal?
Speaker 2: I mean, I forget what the reveal looked like for bosh What I remember. I remember the reveal being a pretty good deal.
Speaker 3: I remember the demo being amazing, Like best demos ever. Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I really really really love the r Greater reveal.
Speaker 3: I'll talk. I would like it so much. It got me hooked for years. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay, So our short list is Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Ultimate Xbox three sixty Reveal featuring Elijah Wood, Metal Gear Solid two E three two thousand, Super Mario Brothers three in the Wizard Twilight Princess E three two thousand, for God of War E three, twenty sixteen, Resident Evil seven, Biohazard, Halo three, and Super Mario Odyssey. Uh, all right, what do you think in Mike, hmm.
Speaker 3: There's a lot that could.
Speaker 2: I don't know if like there's like a one big, super obvious one per se, I definitely like i'd be I'd be surprised if.
Speaker 3: We didn't do like God of War and maybe Twilight Princess.
Speaker 1: I suppose yeah, yeah, probably, Yeah, those ones, you do feel like they have a really good chance of being up there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like is the thing with the Wizard great our little gimmicky?
Speaker 1: I mean it's definitely gimmicky, but I almost want to put it on there in like defiance to grant theft auto of Like if you were actually hot shit, there'd be a whole movie I'd have to go see to.
Speaker 2: See why Why? Yeah, why weren't you just in Spider Man? If you're so freaking cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're so good, why wasn't Spider Man playing you in there? And that was like a key plot point. So I don't know. I think the Wizard's fun. It's gimmicky, but I still think it's it has a chance. But some of these other ones do as well. I do, I mean, I do think the Ultimate reveal was so.
Speaker 3: Like ultimately, and I think Brawl was even better at least I'll leave that up to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, Brawl was amazing. I mean the Snake, I do remember Snake at the NBA, Like, holy shit, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was insane. It would be Brawl. Yeah, three was great.
Speaker 1: Halo three, yes, that's true, and the Halo three kind of just got everyone excited and like at the height of Halo's power.
Speaker 3: Really man, maybe it is Halo three all right?
Speaker 1: And Halo three up?
Speaker 3: You scrolled up? I don't think we can see your short list?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, let me fix that. Okay, what else do you thinking, Mike.
Speaker 2: Well to take a look, so try to put the Scott of War Halo three then like that last slot, I think I I think it would go to either Mash Brothers Brawl.
Speaker 3: Or My Brothers three.
Speaker 2: Something about Medical Solid two is almost like again best trailer instead of best revealed to me, I know, I guess it's vibes.
Speaker 3: It's vibes, but right right.
Speaker 1: I mean, and like you know, this one's hard to define, so we're gonna be illed at no matter what we do on this one. I feel like we'll just we got to go with it. But I think I agree with you on Mili Yoursela two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe not that. Yeah, gosh, gosh, I really would like to do one of the smashes. But I do like the idea of doing the Wizard as well. And I don't know if I can managed something. It probably is the Wizard.
Speaker 1: We can let's move the Wizard up and then if we want to get rid of something else, maybe we could put a smash.
Speaker 3: Up there, because that's like, I don't know, we're not.
Speaker 1: Getting rid of Twilight Princess.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're gonad. I don't think we're gona trap it. I don't think we're getting rid of God of Warri. I don't think we're getting rid of God of Warrior. And I don't know, like it would be three and I don't know. I think Halo three belongs there, and it's like I know, I don't want to do three Nintendo things on the list, So I think it's maybe good like this is that a is that called Starry Night?
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I remember finished the fight, I remember the one the trailer with talking like the vets and stuff.
Speaker 3: They show like that dior rama with the piano.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good, su Yeah, they do it. Uh you know ken Burn's Civil War style.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shit, that's always a good bit for me.
Speaker 3: All right? Do we think this is it?
Speaker 1: Twilight, Princess e three two thousand and four, God of War e three twenty sixteen, Halo three, Starry Night two thousand and six, and Super Mario Brothers three in the Wizard.
Speaker 3: Looks good to me.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, great.
Speaker 3: Work, Mike.
Speaker 1: I'll get this post on social media so everyone can yell at us. Oh Storry Night hosts the super Bowl coming commercial?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: I would make sure whatever the Halo thing was, Yeah, yeah, I'll make sure you that bad.
Speaker 3: All right, we're taking a break. Everybody will be right back after this. We're back. It's the decides.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about what we've been playing, starting with Mike Bnatti, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Doing pretty good?
Speaker 2: I have played a smidge of token uh really really just kind of messing around with training and things like that. Earlier today. Yeah, came out here today. I did like the basic tutorial. I did like the character tutorial four Captain America kind of like Beda like Team on the Spot just messed around in in the like practice, right, So haven't like done arcade or story.
Speaker 3: Mode or even gone online. Yeah, game feels good though, game looks super good.
Speaker 2: There's you know, it has like a mix of the intuitiveness with h you got auto combos and like there's you know, things that make sense with a lot of complexity of like hey, there's you know a lot of things you can do with the tagging in of characters and you have these defensive options and you can augment things like this.
Speaker 3: So uh yeah, there's there's definitely a lot of deft there.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably gonna be a pretty good time, I said, excited to play.
Speaker 3: Some more of it.
Speaker 2: Certainly looks spippy, very very colorful game, like a good color palette too, Like there's something it's almost pastel about it, a little bit like just a little bit on that.
Speaker 3: It really pops.
Speaker 2: Looks great, lots of fun character interactions, just like the voice lines. Deadpool has got like a bunch of just fighting game Easter eggs. I saw this great clip of if Deadpool was killed like in the like from like a smash down to the ground, move like his like desk screen will show him falling like Geese Howard.
Speaker 3: Did in Final Fight.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. Just yeah, like stuff like that. So uh pretty neat. Uh yeah, I'll be I'll try this for a little bit tonight.
Speaker 1: I think I'll just I want to play through this single player, maybe even get it on a see what it's like on the Steam Deck. But I got it installed on this computer ready to go, and I should I a fighting You got a bunch of you here? Should I be playing with the pad? Or should I get the level? Or whatever?
Speaker 5: You or most can come with anything, always like what you are most comfortable with, anything under play with the level, play with whether you are most comfortable with. And if I camember and you cannot play on the Steam Deck it does not run Linux. Oh yeah right yeah PlayStation.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's so stupid. Uh, it's just comfortable when we find out.
Speaker 2: I've seen some people grumbling about the PC version like I have on my pretty nice PC. I any problems yet, but it's jank I think for a lot of people problem, right.
Speaker 1: And then the Linux problem, and then yeah, the Linux issue. It doesn't work at all.
Speaker 3: So it seems like everything is tied to the aggressive anti cheat. Yes, yeah, is it.
Speaker 4: It seems like it because I have a pretty EUK PC and it runs well online. And the thing is, I have a bunch of security things turn on on my computer because of two x KO and apparently the anti cheat. If you don't have that on, you will like constantly check for it or something, and that's tanking like performance. So that's a problem. And another problem is there's some people that can run the game and when you're playing online, because this game doesn't have like a thing to test if you can run the game to play online, so the people that runs the game, like, shit, you're ruining the game for the people that can run the game. So it's the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Every fighting game should have that, and basically none early PC ports did. But yeah, nobody does the benchmarks to see if you can actually run the game well, not to play online more.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of a problem.
Speaker 4: I think MS does and like, yeah, yeah, it tells you. It little tells you if you can't run the game. They're like, you're not allowed to play online because you're not ruinning for everywhere else, it's word that this game doesn't have it.
Speaker 1: What else you've been playing?
Speaker 2: Mike A guy found Fantasy fourteen up when going on the switch to kind of like like the first part of that game is kind of figuring out how to bind everything and kind of mess with the UI bets. You can read things here liking figuring out how to possibly get the thirty buttons I use in that game, working on the control what it does.
Speaker 3: They are smart about how that works. Now, it's never.
Speaker 2: Going to feel as good as I'm using a mouse a keyboard, and I don't think I would ever want to play like this if I was going to do like New Raids or PvP even things like that. But going through the story quest right, and and that stuff's good. Like last time, I was playing for a while until I unlocked a new dungeon, and even then I was like, Okay, I'll stop here and I'll do the dungeon tomorrow on my PC.
Speaker 3: That can kind of go back to just going around and doing the bit more story.
Speaker 2: Focus stuff on there, and it's great being able to do that stuff in bed, very comfy.
Speaker 1: So like in that mathematical equation of all right, now you're paying for this Are you paying for this game twice? You have to play for this game twice in that situation, right, you know?
Speaker 2: I thought so, But like I have a code and I just put the code in and at no point was like I ever charged anything else.
Speaker 3: So I'm a little confee. I'm still confused.
Speaker 1: Slit free first month for everybody or something if you buy maybe something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, there's like there's there's weirdness about like what things carry over from your PC client to your console one. Like you know, Triple Try ads a game, and like when you play Triple tryed, you have decks. I want to go play Triple Try get somebody, and like my preset decks didn't carry over, so I just like got to use like a recommended thing.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: It's I even try to set my controller bindings on my PC because it'd be easier. Dude, then like start playing in bed, but like that didn't transfer over. Maybe there's some way too. It's a it's a little bit confusing, but I got it running. It feels good, it.
Speaker 3: Looks pretty good.
Speaker 2: It obviously does not look nearly as good as it does on my fifty eighty GC, but it looks good enough. Did you have any issues of the little times? I'm sorry you might have said so, but I know, okay, lot times I have been. I haven't really thought about that. Relatively easy to start up to, like I don't you.
Speaker 3: Know, uh, having like to open up the launcher not an issue I get in their rowally quickly.
Speaker 1: Some people were having like long load times after deaths and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and eight man content okay, specifically just that okay, yes, yeah, which again I I personally would not be doing my man content just on a coature vacant. But there's some people who they've been playing there for like ten years, so it's second nature does them.
Speaker 3: It's completely fine.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I've been playing a game called bang on Balls. Oh yeah, you heard of Have you ever heard of bang on balls?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Bang on ball is?
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 2: This is if I look this up on Steam balls definitely looking up balls chronicle.
Speaker 3: How many of these are there?
Speaker 1: Well, I've only been playing bang on Balls chronicles, which, uh, I guess man, I'm trying to figure out the way to describe this. It's almost like in an I want to say, like Eldon Ring for kids, but it's probably more accuracy is like it's not alert like no, no, it's it is like a world exploration like it's open world local co op sort of going there with your friends and explore and take on enemies and you play as a little ball and you can color your ball or make it a flag of a country or whatever. And there's a bunch of its like endless quests. It's it's everywhere. Apparently it's big with kids.
Speaker 3: It's I can show you this is that how you learned about it?
Speaker 1: They they asked me about it, and so I went to go get it, and then we started playing together a little bit, and it's it's like surprisingly well done. It's it's you know, you roll around as the ball, you hold down the like the right trigger to like speed ahead, and it's almost like sonic speeding around in a three D world, and that feels good. And then you do that until you get to like an enclave of enemies, and then you'll take on a quest usually and be like, hey, knock down the mast of these three ships in this area, and to do that you have to fight three a bunch of enemies, and then you run like you bash the ball into the mast and you knock it down and it feels physics y and fun and it looks really nice because it's just this simple world, but there's a not just it's not like detailed, but there's a ton of shit in there, so it feels super detailed, like, oh my god, there's all this.
Speaker 3: Stuff everywhere I look.
Speaker 1: It was. It's definitely been a fun one to like set up with the kids where it's like, oh, this is a thing they have not experienced too much of. Just a straight up like open world game, like a game that would qualify as an open world from any of the big publishers, but really boiled down to its base components and made a little bit simpler hero the area this is, this is It is from twenty twenty three. It's from October fifth, twenty twenty three, according to the Steam page here. But uh yeah, it's just a sandbox sort of game that has enough of a quest system that it also has a it can keep you motivated and keep you moving forward. But yeah, I'm I don't think it's like I said, I don't think this is one of those ones that is, Oh, go ask your nephew and he definitely knows about it. But I think that's one of those ones that's like, it's cool with the people who have played, who are into real video games and not just roadblocks, which is kind of where my kid's find himself. So uh, I've been enjoying that. Other than that, it's been keeping myself busy with games for work that we'll be able to talk about at some point, but but not yet, so hopefully i'll have more to talk about soon. But yeah, it's been all bang on balls. Otherwise it's been nothing but bang on balls for you. That's interesting. Huh yeah, I never heard of that.
Speaker 3: Never heard of that. Yeah, sure, maybe we should all bang on balls together.
Speaker 1: Obviously, you know what I think, Maybe we should. I think it'd be a fun stream, like a fun upf at some point. Uh yeah, maybe we could throw that onto the list. Uh all right, anything else, Mike, That's that's that's it for now.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about my own rings more once I finish it. But I'm on the on the DLC now. He wrapped up the Bass game and so having a great time with that for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, excellent, Well then in that case, uh oh, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, which I talked about in the BombCast, but yeah, yeah, you're thinking me to play that.
Speaker 3: You told me to play that. I'm glad you date this.
Speaker 2: This weird, kind of creepy, pointedly adventure game with like kind of the aesthetic of early PC almost edutainment stuff. It's it's, it's it's very interesting. Sometimes it's like so weird that I think it's kind of just whatever nonsense?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it ever Bacon Narwal? Excuse me, Bacon Narwal? Yeah, like Reddit humor?
Speaker 1: Is it ever? Like, oh man, Like, because I get the sense maybe it might be occasionally, but not like overwhelmingly, So I.
Speaker 3: Want to call it Reddit humor. I would call it.
Speaker 2: I know this is like not everybody's comptee, but it definitely reminds me more like flash cartoon humor. It's a little holy start to it, a little salad fingers, and I am not above that stuff, right right, I kind of sometimes that stuff hits with me just fine for me.
Speaker 1: It's it's really just the aesthetic of early CD ROM games, early games where it would be like, this is an interactive CD ROHM game and they do the visual style of bo It's it's it's like multifaceted. It is the mini games look like they're from that time. The pointing click aspect of the number of pixels and colors looks very like, oh, this is an EVGA game. Maybe make sure you have your two D accelerator card and.
Speaker 2: Then the uh style sound blaster installed. Yeah, sound sound blaster installed.
Speaker 1: And then occasionally you'll get like three D like very early looking three D rendered graphics, right, and all of it is like like era appropriate. It looks I don't know, there's something about it. I'm really into on that side of things. And then it does seem to be it seems like one of those ones like it's tapping into that what I am hearing is very popular with the kids, which is just creepy pasta, like creepy pasta sort of four games, and I think it's pulling that off in a smart way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that absolutely, that is part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I definitely could see my nephews, and he says, some of them being very much into this. How did you hear about it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Why is this?
Speaker 2: Is this game doing pretty well? Like are two thousand reviews overwhelmingly positive on Steam? Like people have found this game? How did you hear about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So this was just like happenstance. It's serendipity. I was. I will occasionally use the magic Steam profile to go on on the Steam and like see what's new, and I'll just sort by the newest games, and usually it's like junk junk junk. But if I click on one, I'm like this all right, point and click adventure, And I will almost always click on the point click point click adventures because I'm like, I wonder if Michael care about this, or like I want to try these are every once in a while. And then I clicked on it and saw overwhelmingly positive with quite a few reviews. And that's always on Steam. That's one hundred percent of the time. That's worth like telling somebody about, hey check this out, let's see what this is, what's going on here? And this one seems like it might have been a winner on that front at least, So yeah, are you like seeing it through? Like are you gonna keep playing.
Speaker 2: It or what? I wonder I'm not sure yet it maybe maybe because I did stream when I started that, Yeah, kind of like a break from out in Ring. So I don't know if I want to like keep taking a break from ring or I don't know, but like ilso, I don't want to be too far.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll just finish up on my own. I'm not sure, we'll see Okay, very cool?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Alright, yeah, super chats Mike, alright.
Speaker 2: Zac's ac Acy says, we know who's making the operatd Time remake? Yet is it Grezo? The tapestries from the trailer make me think so. I don't think we we know, we know for sure.
Speaker 1: But what was Grosso's last one? It was? Did they did they work on echoes of wisdom?
Speaker 3: I think they were echoes of wisdom?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Do to look that up? I thought, so, I can't remember. I think that is correct, aso last game was Legendsuda echoes of Wisdom.
Speaker 1: There you go, Okay, maybe not, but maybe so well. I guess we'll find out two twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Next up here is from Zakoul, who says, how does Nintendo even announce Smash now that they don't announce games early? I mean they'll announce it early enough that they can give us six months of character reveals and things like that. You'll you'll be fine. It won't be like last time, where I kind of felt like we were getting those for a year or something.
Speaker 3: Whatever that was, right, We're still just still condens it. We still don't really know what it is.
Speaker 2: If it's like Smash Brothers six or if it's Smash Brother's Ultimate Plus Deluxe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean the reason why I always why I think it could be Smash six is because last time I was convinced it was going to be Smash Brothers four plus and then Ultimate kind of ended up being more than that. Matt Rare Monkey says game nights Big Walk on Friday and Mecha Chameleon Saturday. All right, everyone, game mess Game Nights for the community. There were playing Big Walk on Friday Mecha Chameleons Saturday, both very fun games. It turns out, I know some people have like Friends slop fatigue, maybe because I have this perfect mechanism of playing them for a couple of hours every couple of Fridays.
Speaker 3: But I still always have a good time with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do too. I'm I kind of can't get enough of them. I saw like a new one on Steam of like Emergency Buddies, where like you play as paramedics and one person has to drive the ambulance and the other guys are in the back doing the first aid on the person, and then you kind of like take them into the hospital and maybe do even some more stuff in there. So there's like different settings and like, yep, that looks fantastic. I want to play that for a couple hours at least, So just give me endless ones of these. I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Next up is JD KMPS is driving from Portland to San Francisco tomorrow and he stops Worth going to already have a biscuits and gravy stop planned mayor eh, I mean yeah, if you if you're buy the trees and mystery. Really did enjoy that quite a lot, very nice walking trail. There's a price of admission for that one, but I thought it was I thought it was worth it.
Speaker 3: There's a there was like a.
Speaker 2: Sky bucket thing you can even go on and goes over the trees. There's this weird like up walking canopy that makes you feel like an e walk. So yeah, good stuff. Like to that quite a bit. And like when you get into San Francisco, celebrate by going to the pacifica Taco Bell canteena and get yourself a alcoholic Baja Blast Frozy.
Speaker 1: The last gas station uh in Oregon. It will be the last week. It was the first gas station for us, but the last, the last gas station before you get into California, and you'll kind of know like the area because it's the area that was hit very hard by the fire. So you'll look around and see all the trees that kind of burned out. They're building it back up. It looks like they're figuring stuff out there, which is really nice. It was kind of devastating to see all that fire damage. But there's a giant ant on the toilet, the external toilet that you can go to at this gas station. You just just stop there and maybe look on the wall, and so you see grub was here. I didn't actually write that, but maybe you could for me. I'd appreciate that we had.
Speaker 2: We had a disagreement there because there's a group of bikers there, and you and Dan were team. They are Nazis, and Chuck and meet Chuck and I were team. Come on, guys, they're probably just bikers.
Speaker 1: I just I will use the context of where we were, which is that part of Oregon's that definitely colored things for me for sure.
Speaker 4: The Nazi bikers are really overt on their Nazism, so you will realize right away it's just looking.
Speaker 1: I don't think the thing is none of us like really looked directly at them because they were the only other people there and we didn't want to get We didn't want to get.
Speaker 3: What didn't you just walk up to them and ask him, are you nuts?
Speaker 1: Are you not?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And me excuse me fellas, Yes, sir, we are Nazis. Thank you for asking, all right?
Speaker 3: Uh ah and that's it. Thank you. Everybody appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Almost forgot jas me came out. I'm three far six you're speaking of just.
Speaker 2: I saw I saw somebody complaining that she's half baked. What do you think she's half baked? Well, that's crazy. She's cool as fun, she's so much fun. Like that's she a little bit you know, she's a little bit simpler.
Speaker 4: On the sash down characters. Yeah, rush down character. She has a demon fleep. They can either land on the front or on the back. It's like it's kind of naughty on that prossups.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 4: Whole parody because this game has a parody in the party blows both the ways. But yeah, you can do an empty one and throw throw the people. That's but yeah, no, she's fun. She's shot straight up a fun game. They the fun character they captain. She's got the formula down for these new characters. They are all fun. This they haven't released like a not cool characters. It it's like ever this game is like the best characters are the DALC characters. So yeah, that's she just check her out. She's she's already. She came out Tuesday, I think, which sucks because I wanted to use in the tournament that I have this this Sunday and you can't use characters.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, like a week, so you're gonna rock at the tournament then.
Speaker 4: Aki, she's just gonna do we go back to Aki or Honda? They both hound us somehow. Yeah, they didn't know whenever like this this is a new season. Yet, No, they didn't do anything to they change every character and Lily, I think they didn't change anything, like great, all right, the character the character decided to learn.
Speaker 3: She's no, you can change character if you want to be. She's it was fun.
Speaker 2: Just like that because her her doubt her one attack that I could confirm into twopers had.
Speaker 3: Like a huge window to do it. So for my old man brain it was helpful.
Speaker 4: Sure, whatever, whatever helped you. Brother, Now she's not Yeah, it's a new season. The thing is this game nothing happened. It's a new season eventually. Usually when a new season happened in a fighting game is that they switch it up the sound bugs, the change mechanics in the game. And the problem with Trade for three Fighter six is like, for a while it's been perfect, so there's not a lot of changes in the character balancing, so it feels a little bit tale in I fear for what's.
Speaker 3: Going to happen this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of interesting because like the game has been really good, so it's a problem they don't you can't change it up too much, even though I know a lot of people want them to just for the sake of it. Yeah, so it's like, wow, Street Fighter six is so good, so we should just keep adding characters to it, or well, strict Fire six is so good, we can't change Let's just make Street Fighters seven.
Speaker 1: Wait, is there a Bully like coming out soon? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bully Like hang on, let me sit here, baby, I just I just put it in chat you guys, look at this.
Speaker 1: I just I just glanced at it for five seconds.
Speaker 3: But it h field High Rock to School. I mean it's one million percent of Bully Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's adventure, open World, third person co oh, it's a bullylike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is out next week. Look at this.
Speaker 1: Let's wait, wait, wait to the part of the trailer where you get to the like the bicycle ride and it's very.
Speaker 5: Radar.
Speaker 4: Alright, instead of having gas, we should allow Bully to the war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfair dark timeline.
Speaker 1: All right, man, I was just like peeking at Steam while you guys were having your conversation there. That Agent sixty four Spies Never Die game is out on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Check that?
Speaker 4: Do you check that Monkey game where you had to you had to disarm a bomb. But one monkey is blind, one monkey is the other one monkey you can't talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very and my sister played that ship all the time. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like keep talking notice flow, but the three monkeys, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: You need to other two switches, you know, let's uh, let's wrap this up there we go.
Speaker 1: We could do that and then then you should just have to end at that point. All right, everybody, thank you for tuning in. We really appreciate it. We have a we have an episode of Nintendog's happening next Tuesday. We'll have another episode of the show next Thursday. Thank you guys so much for hanging out with us at all times. Thank you for anyone who supports us. And if you can't afford to sports, we get that too. Just thanks for being here and being in the audience and being a member of the community.
Speaker 3: It means the world to us.
Speaker 1: We get all the nice comments and stuff like that is very cool. Mike, what you got planned for the weekend? Where can people find you? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be streaming uh more, uh more, Elden Ring Shadow of the Air Tree. I'm gonna I did a little prep. We're gonna start taking down bosses, probably tomorrow evening, so I want to watch me do that. No summons. Just rolling around at the speed of sound and taking people out gonna be fun time.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm maye.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll do a little token on the stream as well. I don't know, I just keep that off. Fine, we'll see, we'll see. But I'm definitely gonna be playing some to con this weekend for sure.
Speaker 1: James Milkie uh points out one that we did not even mention for our our Mount Rushmore game reviews. Uh, Beatles Rock Band. Oh that was huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Paul McCartney came out that that, like multiple people have now mentioned that. It's like, oh, oh yeah, I can't believe we never even mentioned.
Speaker 3: My brother Chris gonna be pissed at me.
Speaker 1: Uh huh man. There was time, but that was just the biggest thing in the world rock It was, yeah, rock band like but even like even by the when that game came out, I felt like it sold Okay, I don't know. I wonder what the sales numbers were for Beatles Rock Band, right, because like part of me is like, why didn't that sell ten million copies?
Speaker 3: I probably didn't, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think probably it was probably was it the best selling rock band though it could have been. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if it wasn't even maybe it was.
Speaker 1: Maybe it wasn't.
Speaker 3: And I got Beatles Rock Band, I remember you couldn't get the instruments. I do remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I have a copy of full box copy of Beatles rock band in that back room right there for PS. Two or whatever it was PS three. Thanks for watching, everybody. We'll be back next time. I told them, have a good one. Take care of yourself and John Drake what they tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Grabitz Josephinelle days right, you're gonna be good. Sean, how do we bringage DCP on on Netflix?
Speaker 4: You don't fuck man, Just point the camera at this screen, motherfucker, like the old kids.
Speaker 3: Spuel all right, we're out.