Speaker 1: Harry quack and swear we get boards. So we get married, just locked us. We settle in this town.
Speaker 2: All right, Tom, this is Rick. We're getting a little bit close.
Speaker 3: I'll save you this particular song and then pops the circumstance and then you'll pick.
Speaker 2: It up after that.
Speaker 1: Owing down this Mary go around.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed your story about McDonald's first. Tom's good enough.
Speaker 1: So we hold on a high school love say your landau like appearance, tiny little boxes and broad ain't what you want? What you know, just happy shoes you wear.
Speaker 2: And I've started recording me.
Speaker 1: If then I didn't know a little to exproy, use cash to buy a little mold action. Because Ma's hooked on Mary King, brothers hooked on married Jane. Daddy's oaked on married too.
Speaker 4: Dors down.
Speaker 2: Let's already to record each other.
Speaker 1: We have music, quack contrary, we get bored, so we get married, just locked us. We settle in this town. All that is broken, man.
Speaker 2: You speak for a living Ladies round go where stops.
Speaker 1: Nobody don't head as slowing down. It's Mary go man, marry Mary quackinstrare.
Speaker 2: We're so bored and so we're barried.
Speaker 5: Just locked us.
Speaker 1: We settle in this time on this broke, Mary go, Mary go. Jack and Jill wearing up the hill. Jack burned out on booze and pills and Mary had a little out.
Speaker 3: All right, it sounds like the pomp is gonna come a little bit really, so stand by Tom, Tom from from Mayor. All right, we're just under a minute away about.
Speaker 6: Cotton is down to a quarter of pown that.
Speaker 4: I'm busted.
Speaker 7: I got a cow that try and a hen that won't play, a big stack of the figures.
Speaker 8: Day the county, all my belonging Soway.
Speaker 9: I'm busted.
Speaker 4: I went to my brother to ask for a loan.
Speaker 10: I was busted.
Speaker 11: I hate to thague like an adulame.
Speaker 2: Nank you.
Speaker 10: And good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Tom Davis. We're out here at Hornet the football field, and I got to tell you. We are here at the high school for a graduation class of twenty twenty five. Their motto is we made it out alive. I think a lot of schools had that. But this is going to be a great night. I don't know who ordered the weather, but it's absolutely perfect. We got a nice little he's coming in not a cloud in the sky, A lot of excited parents, a lot of excited seniors, and a lot of great onlookers here this evening. It's the perfect setting for a perfect commencement. And our broadcast is being brought to you tonight by bartnet Ip and Okay, Federal Credit Union will be back after these messages.
Speaker 7: Hi, this is Mark Gaily, President and CEO of bartnet Ip, a wireless Internet provider.
Speaker 2: Our IPS to provide.
Speaker 7: Our customers compuest and affordable internet service. We are continuously upgrading towers and equipment to provide an even fetter, faster, interrupted service at reasonable rates. We are all tied together in an online world, whether for family, friends, or work, all are very important. Bartnett Ip located in the Northwest Corners Highway seventy five and Texedo bulbards nine one eight, three three three two two zero eight.
Speaker 6: Okay Federal Credit Union is open to anyone that lives, works, are worships in Washington, Osage or Nowada counties. Being a Bartlesville based credit union since nineteen fifty five, they know their members when competitive rates for cars, boats are these and more. Okay Federal Credit Union will make your dreams a reality. Stop by it and join Okay Federal Credit Union today at thirty nine hundred Southeast Adams Road or visital website at ok FCU dot org. Okay Federal Credit Union, they want to be your credit union.
Speaker 1: You ed.
Speaker 10: Welcome back to Copen, Oklahoma, and we're here at the football field ready for the commencement to begin. And I got to tell you this is a nice class, about twenty students. I do believe twenty even as matter of fact. And they have declared their class song is Rivers and Roads by head and Heart. Their class flower is the Sunflower class colors well orange and yellow, and their sponsors are missus Van and mister Taylor. And of course everybody's going to be here. We want to recognize the class officers for the senior class. The treasurers Jasmine Osborne, Secretary is Audrianna Jeffers, Cameron Van is the vice president, and Elizabeth Odom is the President of the class. We're going to be hearing some words tonight from the guest speaker to Wayne Bryan, and we will also be hearing from the salutorian, and that would be Cameron Van and the valedictorian Elizabeth Odom And like I said, this is really going to be a nice ceremony. It always is every time I come up here at It's hometown America. That's really what it's all about. And to see the apprehension a little bit with the seniors, and then once they get that diploma, that big sigh of relief and you can just see that smile from Miles knowing that the next chapter of their life is underway. And the privilege of talking with mister Wurtz just a little while ago, just before coming up here to the press box, and I got to tell you he's excited. He's been through this a time or two, and he was putting out the diplomas and everything, and we're just kind of marveling at just how beautiful it is today and how beautiful this is for families and how wonderful this is for the kids. And it is an exciting time. You know, I can speak as a father of seven kids. I've got one that's graduating here next week, and the family is all involved with this. It brings families together, believe it or not, and it's a big moment and it's something that the kids are going to always remember I remember mine because I had to look make sure my diploma was in there. Thank you, Lauren. And my buddy Bruce Agent did the same thing. But he was really sweating it. He was the first kid and his whole family that ever finished all twelve years of high school. Some of them went fourteen, but he did it in twelve, and he was pretty happy about it. Right now, the podium is being populated by the dignitaries. We have the flags just to kind of a gentle ruffle. The lights are on here at the football field, but we really don't need them, but you know, for accent, it's going to make the pictures pop and look good too, for the for the photo book. If people have those anymore. I think they have those basically on their phone in their computer these days. And it's really a nice evening. Lots of families here on the bleachers, and some have taken off to the actually where the football teams sit and the benches there try to get a better you maybe try to get a better shot with their their camera. And they all just want to see their youngsters in this big moment. And we're going to be kicking it off here in just a little bit and once again, uh, we do have our graduating seniors. We have a Caden, Joe gossenman Gage, Michael Hall, Andrea Jeffers, Addison Daniel Love will have the rest in the moment right now the national anthem. This is popping circumstances and I will go through with the rest of the seniors. Alison Daniel Love, Tallan Writer Low, Elizabeth Nicole Odom, Jasmine Marie Osburn. Also we have Zachary Connor Osbon. Also we have a Killian Connor Osburn, Jacob Russell, Powell, Gavin Cain, Scott, Jared Joseph Shambles, Cole Daniel Smith, Mason, Eugene Street, Cameron Leanne Van Levi, James Van Schaper, also Carson McMichael Woodworth. The seniors are now approaching the podium and getting ready to make that turn just before the podium and being placed in their seats.
Speaker 5: M Wake what.
Speaker 12: You please be sieving.
Speaker 4: We have your company. School is welcome at this time.
Speaker 13: The twenty twenty five class President Elizabeth Oldhen with coductor seasons these. Elizabeth is a daughter of Crystal Holland and Satin Golden. She'll be pursuing a medical degree at Oklhoma State University and the fark.
Speaker 5: Leaving ladies and gentlemen, my classmates and I thank you so much for attending our graduation ceremony.
Speaker 14: You will notice, as my fellow.
Speaker 5: Classmates interured for in church, that there are different honors being displayed in the form of sashes and courts. Valedictorian and Soliteratorian are wearing.
Speaker 14: White robes with gold sashes.
Speaker 5: Students graduating with honors are wearing color cords. Black cords represent their sophomore year, white cords Junior year, and gold cords senior year. Jered Conation citizens are wearing red and white.
Speaker 14: Twist suit course. The steam.
Speaker 5: Members of our school community and guests who joined me on the stage tonight are Mister Chrismith Superintendent, Mister Jerry Wurtz High School Principal, and mister Dwayne Bryan guest speaker. School Board members are Miss Andrea Hunter, Miss Tasha Holli, Peter, Mister Tony Holland, Miss Shanda Shambles, and.
Speaker 14: Miss Julie Jenny's.
Speaker 5: Our education will be given by Adriana Jeffers. Adriana is the daughter of Tyler In Sabrina Cloud and Dinnish Jeffers, I asked you.
Speaker 14: About your head having my father.
Speaker 5: We come before you today with gradual and joy as to celebrate those models done for the graduating class of housing in high school. Thank you for guying your students, giving them strength and failing them with knowledge. But to each gradulate as they need for recoue chapter. Maybe they be getting guided by the list and inspired by hope. Help them get their challenge and education to make positive and hect around them. In your name, we pray amen. At this time I asked that you please stand and remove your hat for the seeming of the national anthem performed by miss Leah Talk.
Speaker 10: You are listening to the Copain graduation on one O four point nineteen around.
Speaker 5: See can you see by the don't.
Speaker 14: What's a broad happy last wee.
Speaker 5: Whose broad strips and brides.
Speaker 14: Snop brue oupamo.
Speaker 5: By w the b part we worres.
Speaker 14: The game, the tree.
Speaker 15: In the road.
Speaker 16: Brad b.
Speaker 14: B birs steak in.
Speaker 17: Yo through the bad lad was still.
Speaker 5: All say stars spa.
Speaker 17: War the land in the red.
Speaker 10: And that is missus Leah call. We're listening to krig no Waa Bartlesville go back to the ceremony.
Speaker 5: Please be seated, Thank you, miss call. Please welcome Jasmine Orsburn and Cayden gods now. As they can say in the class history, Jasmine is the daughter of Air Orsburn and Jennifer Homes. Cayden is the son of Jared and a man that God's now. Some canen WANs, but five of us have remained strong since sach Prey k class.
Speaker 14: Our twenty skin and twenty eleven crew consisted of Kden.
Speaker 5: Class Now maybe not have Jeffers, Jasmine Orsburn, Zachary Orsburn and Levi van Steier. We are just kids, Jack then Lena Ivy, trying to stay inside.
Speaker 14: The lines when we were killer, when we tolered and matching up. Fine are of nap time, though.
Speaker 16: Did we know.
Speaker 14: That those early years would be the beginning of.
Speaker 5: Friendships that would last over a decade and they started pigging on each other like brothers and sisters. We didn't understand back then, however, is to draw up with the same classmates. Most people changed schools, movecouns, and drift apart, but not through great knees, birthday parties and school assemblies.
Speaker 14: We stuck together.
Speaker 13: As I call your claims. Please sam Kindergarten wasn't exactly thrilling. We said goodbye to Adrian Jeffers and gained the new friend and Killian Osborne. We were still learning the ropes of school, lining up in straight lines, not talking about story time, well, trying not to, and figuring out how.
Speaker 4: To write our names the right way.
Speaker 13: It was quite a year, but the foundation was something bigger. In first grade, Elizabeth Odin decided to give her the hornets a try. That's when our class started to get some personality, just a little loud and a little wild, but.
Speaker 4: Always and entertainment.
Speaker 13: Second grade went viol in a blur, but third grade brought big change. When I left that year, that class felt different without me.
Speaker 4: I like to think they missed me a little.
Speaker 13: Fourth grade rolled around an Adrey return, bringing her fire and sass with her. That's also the year we started testing the limits of limits are and teachers.
Speaker 4: We entered the rebellion for the beginning.
Speaker 18: Let's say, energetic missus Johnson must have been feeling bold because she led us this bicect frogs with when we still weren't sure.
Speaker 4: Educational or experimental chaos.
Speaker 13: In fifth grade, Adrian and Elizabeth both left again and things settled down sort of.
Speaker 4: Miss Davis never let us forget who caused all the trouble.
Speaker 13: Her favorite line, it is always my boys and never my girls.
Speaker 4: And let's be honest. She wasn't wrong.
Speaker 13: But maybe that's why all the girls in the class were as tough and as funny as they are today, because they had to deal with us boys for years.
Speaker 5: Jun or my Game, And with it came the drama, the awkward phases, and of course new friends. Elizabeth came back again. We're sensing a theme here. We welcomed Gavin Scott and Carson Woodworth. We brought fresh and energy, and, let's be real, a lot of charcasm. Seventh grade was full of changed Zach left and non Long came to the COVID showed up and flipped everything upside down.
Speaker 14: Suddenly, the lunch table conversations.
Speaker 5: The hallway laughter, the routine of seeing each other every.
Speaker 14: Day, it all stopped. We had to grow up fast.
Speaker 5: Learning from home wasn't easy, neither was being a part, but it made us stronger.
Speaker 14: And more appreciative of our time together.
Speaker 5: In eighth grade, our class slightly changed with the addition of Ours in Love, also known as nikes, no one, no no faces after allie, and no dramatic exits, just us getting used to a world that had changed overnight.
Speaker 13: High school finally arrived and with it brand new mix of personalities. Freshman year we joined by Cameron Van Callon Lowe and Cole Smith, who quickly became.
Speaker 4: The part of the new crazy.
Speaker 13: Sophomore year, we added Jared Shambles, Gauge Hole, and Zach came back this year, this time for good. Junior year gave us school high school experience, sports, late nights, study sessions, bonding over stress. We gained Jacob Powell, and after the year we joined felt like home.
Speaker 5: And then finally, senior year, the year we had been counting down to this since first day of freshman year, Mason Street and Jackson Hymen made a great decision and joined us to finish third.
Speaker 12: Year at Copan.
Speaker 5: We've learned a lot, not just from books and lectures, but from each other. We learned how to support one another when things got hard, how to laugh even when we.
Speaker 14: Were retired, and how to talk way too much in class without getting caught.
Speaker 13: Well, sometimes tonight is more than just the ceremony. It's a celebration of everything we've been through together. We fortunately to be here graduating from Copan High School, a place that gave not join us education, but a second home.
Speaker 4: Our class has been loud, chaotic, and.
Speaker 13: Funny, and sometimes completely out of control, but we've also been independent, hard working, and responsible.
Speaker 4: Beyond our years.
Speaker 13: We didn't expect a total a typical senior year because we weren't a typical class. We were students who worked jobs, take college classes, and juggling online school like pros. We started building our lives earlier than most and something to be out to my classmates. Thank you for being kind of people who push boundaries, ask questions, and aren't afraid to be yourselves.
Speaker 4: I am proud of every single morning. And thank you to Coopen High School.
Speaker 13: For letting us grow here, for giving us the freedom and independent, the support to say on track in space.
Speaker 4: To become who we are today.
Speaker 13: Here two memories, the friendships, the chaos, and all the future were all about to create.
Speaker 15: Now we will have.
Speaker 5: Our salutatory and Cameron Van come to present her speech.
Speaker 14: Cameron is about her I spread and Sheridan.
Speaker 5: She plans on attending Oklahoma State University in the fall.
Speaker 14: Good evening everyone. I'm human Van, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Incredibly honored and honestly a little over the world to stand before you deny as a salutatorian of the Kocaine High School class of twenty twenty five. First of all, let's hear it for us. We made it after four years of early mornings, late nights, last minute's assignments, stressful tests, hauling laughs, and unforgittable memories of word. Here this moment isn't just about closing a chapter. It's about recognizing the story we've written together and the people who helped us along the way.
Speaker 14: To our teachers, thank you. You've been more than educators.
Speaker 5: You've been patient guides, motivators, mentors, and, on some days, unofficial counselors. You believed in us when we struggled to believe in ourselves, and you reminded us that learning is about more than grades. It's about growth. Thank you for seeing potential in us even when we were too tired, too stress, or too stubborn to.
Speaker 14: See it ourselves.
Speaker 5: To our families, your support was a foundation that kept us.
Speaker 14: Thank you for your.
Speaker 5: Every ride to school, every pack lunch, every.
Speaker 14: Word of encouragement After a hard day and every celebration, big or small.
Speaker 5: Your love is the constant behind the scenes, and we are grateful beyond words to my fellow classmates.
Speaker 14: What a ride has been. From freshman dinners to senior celebrations.
Speaker 4: We've grown up together.
Speaker 5: We've shared inside jokes, awkward phases, sleepless nights, and those moments of pure joy that all we high school can offer. We've all beense halls, not just as students, but as a community, leaning on each other, challenging each other, and a writing one another that we're not alone in this. And now we stand on the others of something new, the future. Some of us have a clear plan, hoods and military, a job lined up. Others are still figuring it out, and that's okay. Life doesn't come with road map, and sometimes the most meaningful past are the ones who make for ourselves along the way.
Speaker 12: Here's what I've learned.
Speaker 5: Success isn't about having it all figured out. It's about showing up, staying curious, and refusing to settle for less than what sets your soul on fire. Be proud of where you come from, carry your roots with you, but don't be afraid to go beyond them. Whether your dreams take you across the world or back home again, and chase them even if no one else understands, even if they seem too big or too bold, because the world doesn't need more people playing it safe. It needs dreamers, doers, builders and believers. It needs people with heart, and needs people like us. Class is twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: This is our moment.
Speaker 14: Let's make it count.
Speaker 5: Congratulations and thank you, Thank you, Kim. At this time we would like to play our class song, Rivers and Roads by the head.
Speaker 15: And the heart we.
Speaker 19: See a year from now will be gone.
Speaker 4: All our friends will know who way and they go in the bed.
Speaker 16: Please said, but my friends as well be gone all the way, nada.
Speaker 18: As it as they And I may yes, your things, and I guess.
Speaker 4: It's your stand as well, but I'm su m h m hm.
Speaker 5: Uh uh.
Speaker 20: Oh king about the.
Speaker 12: Way things stay.
Speaker 5: Let's say.
Speaker 4: So if you.
Speaker 12: Don't know why, so.
Speaker 14: Issue very easy rhyme sary.
Speaker 5: Vise and rocks, ravisilassoes, uh.
Speaker 11: Radvises and rocks, Realvis uh verses and browns Revis.
Speaker 20: Shoes.
Speaker 13: At this time, our conductor of ceremonian Valedictorian will give her speech.
Speaker 4: Please welcome, miss Listen, old them, good.
Speaker 5: Evening, friends, family, teachers, staff, and of course my fellow graduates of the class of twenty twenty five. First, let's just take a second until Abram we made it. We're standing at a finish line that also happens to be his starting life. It's a strange place to be, half in the past, thinking about everything we've gone through to get here, and have facing the future wondering what's next. We're not a graduating class of one hundreds.
Speaker 12: We didn't get.
Speaker 5: Lost in the hall, and we didn't have Stadie and Pebrown his Broadway style tas, or enough students to disappear into the crowd. We know each other. Over the past four years, our class has shared countless memories that have shaped who we are today.
Speaker 14: We support to each other through.
Speaker 5: Every challenge and celebrated each success success together. In a small school like ours, we've had the opportunity to build stronger relationships not only among ourselves, but also.
Speaker 14: With our teachers in the wider community.
Speaker 5: We've grown up in a classroom where the teacher knows your name, your siblings name, and probably your dog's name too. We've shared brides of school, played on the safeteens and sat through.
Speaker 14: Pep rallies together. We walked the same hallways for years, past each other every.
Speaker 5: Day and learned their classes through your absence through the god names. Mostly because there were many of us to begin with, We've had classmates who've been in our lives since elementary school or walked in.
Speaker 14: Later and still became a part of the family without missing a be.
Speaker 5: These bonds and relationships have created a supportive environment where everyone feels valued and connected. What we had was something different and something I think is better. We had familiarity, simplicity, and a whole lot of meghbories that only a class of our science can truly understand. To my family, thank you. You have stilled in me the value staff shaped me into the person I am today. This achievement is not mine alone, and your sacrifices have not gone unnoticed. Thank you for being my foundation and my inspiration. Your support, encouragement, and love have carried me to this moment, even if I didn't always say it out loud. To our teachers and staff, thank you for seeing us for your patients and for believing in us even on the days when we might not have to leave.
Speaker 12: In ourselves.
Speaker 14: Into my classmates.
Speaker 5: Thank you for making easiers what they were, whether we were quietly passing time in class, poping off, or just sharing the little everyday moments. To add it up to something bigger, You were there and I'll never forget it. Every stand on the threshold of new beginnings.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 14: It's a feel mix of excitement and apprehension.
Speaker 19: I know, I sure do.
Speaker 5: The world beyond us is vast and unpredictable, but remember the resilient, cultivated you equips us to face whatever lies ahead. Each of us has a unique de fault, the unique path to follow. Some will pursue higher education, others will enter the workforce, and some may take time to discover their passions. Whatever directions, Let's carry forward the many values with embrace. Let's be fulled in our aspirations, fearless in our pursuits, and unwavering in our determination.
Speaker 14: To make a positive impact. We've left an indelible mark on our school, and I have no doubt that we'll.
Speaker 5: Can continue to make meaningful contributions wherever life takes us. Congratulations class of twenty twenty five. Here's to the adventures ahead and the many memories we were yet to create.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Tonight's speaker is mister Bwayne Brian. Mister Brian is a retired Navy Master chief who also attended Copan Public schools. Please welcome, mister Blaine.
Speaker 8: Just this thing a little bit. Jerry had me send this to him so you could put in this book. It's a lot more organized than me. So I'm gonna start off with this piece of paper.
Speaker 4: I noticed this.
Speaker 8: Class is eighteen strong, five young ladies and thirteen in my math, right, that man, is that right? My class in nineteen eighty six was nineteen. We had six young men and thirteen young ladies, which is really kind of neat. It's just a we flipped the script here a little bit and listening to you speak, I wrote down something that the sum of sound is crazy when I say it, but I often wonder that.
Speaker 4: We're in the middle of everywhere or in the middle of nowhere. How far are they apart?
Speaker 8: I don't know what it means still for trying to find that answer, honestly, but it came to me one day and I just think it's kind of cool. I also look at your glass growing up here in Copain, and some of you might not like what I'm about to say, but I can tell you mister Pettis still around. Mister Bob Pettis convinced me to do public speaking in FFA.
Speaker 4: Turned out okay. But what he didn't know was that a few of the boys, I want to say, the haves and the have nots, set on.
Speaker 8: Top of the FFA Trader right outside of the current old brick part of the FFA.
Speaker 4: Over there, they might have done some things that make you laugh in class or rest of the afternoon. We'll leave it at that. How does that sound?
Speaker 8: But like I said, it was the haves and the have nots. Okay, nobody really knew what was going on with our class. I like a lot of people don't really know what's going on with yours unless you go to that special party and all of you guys know about Okay. But many many years later, a young man somebody ever heard I wrote a song. It's called half Grown, and one of the lyrics in that song is you can't choose your blood, but you could choose to change the change that change you down. So congratulations for all of you from all my heart. Okay, but you're right, this is a finish line, but it's also the start of a brand new race.
Speaker 4: So engaging and you'll do you'll do well.
Speaker 8: Don't gauge it, and people will pass you and they'll come back here forty years later and it'll break their hearts. So every one of you engage life and get out there. And now I'm gonna read when I wrote down.
Speaker 4: Can I do that? All right?
Speaker 8: First off, thank you class at twenty twenty five. It's actually an honor to be asked to come here tonight to speak. I'm gonna surprise some people.
Speaker 13: I think I surprised Shelley Bardett a few years ago, but I'll get the rest of you now. They asked me, and I allowed me to be the guest speaker tonight at the high school graduation.
Speaker 4: But I didn't graduate, So there's that for you. In the manner most tea is traditional.
Speaker 8: I was fortunate enough to get a job, though, and it paid pretty well, providing me those housing and allowed me to visit about twenty five countries by the time I was twenty five, or.
Speaker 4: By the time I was forty. But a lot happened along the way. That's part of who I am today.
Speaker 8: One example of a person that taught me to hope someone find their better best. If I can say this as a lady day, Missus Morrison. She would send me a high school curriculum along with the teacher's editions to my first ship. I worked through those very exciting textbooks, and I would send her letters and assignments.
Speaker 4: Back as she would great them and send them back to me.
Speaker 8: See, you guys do attachments now, you click, you drag, you put it in the document.
Speaker 4: You call it good.
Speaker 8: Attachments Back then were a little different. They were envelopes.
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 8: So first college class I took a few years later was English thirteen oh one on board the USS Independence in the person golf. Missus Morrison motivated me to keep going. Okay, I also want to acknowledge ab al comen. A few years later, I came back here and I tried to get my high school diploma. I've been going to college at the college class has been in maybe like ten years. She tried very hard to get my diploma issued. Okay, didn't feel like I earned it. I don't know if that's the right way to say that, but it was like and then a lot Okay to have that coveted piece of paper, but she took the time and went to bat for me, and so I could be awarded a high school Coloma. Just like all of you, have completed the coursework to graduate high school. Quitting was not an option, So I returned to Oklahoma about thirty years later. After walking across So I was going to say this very stage, but we were inside that gym. Okay ended up walking at different stage and walked the stage at Rogers University and earning an associate's degree. I was forty two years old. I can go on and on about the roads life has taken me on, but today is about you. So I'll encourage you all to face the challenges of the spirit of never quit. To celebrate your victories, no matter how big or small. At little note in here, and I'll just tell you about it. I used to do a little celebratory dance every time my credit card set approved that the cash register. So the you guys are going to face out the next few years, and I hope you'll overcome it, but just keep it real. I did a celebratory dance a couple of days ago at Lows.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool. Lady's like what the hate wrong with you?
Speaker 8: I told her celebrate the little stuff anyway, So celebrate once again to find out. We'll find ways to overcome your challenges. I'm gonna say it one more time. Don't quit, which is what I talked.
Speaker 4: About being the theme of today's speech.
Speaker 8: Okay, even if you're being bullied, but the way you speak, or the clothes you wear, color your skin, or any other the million things that people that are very weak can make fun of you for.
Speaker 4: Okay, prove them wrong, That's what I'll tell you, and never quit and push through.
Speaker 8: Attitude is good, but sometimes it's okay to be patient and a bit softer in some situations.
Speaker 4: I took a personality test a few years back.
Speaker 8: I was applying for a job and a pretty strenuous hiring process and almost didn't get the job because of my can do attitude tests.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's it's crazy, but almost didn't get the job because.
Speaker 8: I had a little too much can do and my age is supposed to start running out of steam.
Speaker 4: But I'm working on that. But we'll get back to Copain and you guys. I've heard you.
Speaker 8: Guys talk all of you about a common day. Some of you have been here since pre K. Some of you stayed, some of you went, some of you came back. But you have a common denominator. It's called copin Oklahoma, Okay. People outside of Copine somebody from Barnesville, even better Tulsa. They may say that you hit a certain demographic. You know, you're all under educated. You're not going to accomplish anything because you went to Copain. We've got doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, military men and women, and many who have become very successful.
Speaker 4: I say, where will you be.
Speaker 8: In ten years or even twenty years, or for some of us careland forty years anyway, Jerry, I hear you giggling. I'm sorry, mister Wurtz y'ah. The when I was in my teens, though, to tell you about somebody so that named Rick Brower. He showed me love and support he never had to and helped me run my race. Literally, Rick is a signing example of never quit. Now in my late fifties, Rick still motivates me. He may not have known that until I said that.
Speaker 4: But it's the truth.
Speaker 8: The next thing you say or do could change three generations. And that's what Rick Brower did for me. I didn't mention Kobe's name earlier when I was writing this, but ton't be more than changed generations when I was in elementary school right here, and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: So choose your words and actions with care and compassion. But we're often small.
Speaker 8: We're often content with a small community that we know because it's easy, laid back, it's comfortable the back of my day, you were adventurous. If you made it to Portersville, even better, Cane, I want to know from.
Speaker 4: The audience to wherever cruise Main Street and Cane look at him. Tell you what we had some cars that would not make it a Canian back, trust me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: And we weren't even required to have insurance. I remember the year that that and seatbelt's happened all at the same time. Restrictions. That's stupid anyway. And nowadays you have social media, and I know that makes a difference, but as of today, still leading what you know. Don't be scared to embrace people, places, music, ideas and things that are different than what you grew up with. It doesn't mean you have to abandon the values and comfort of home, but open your horizons is going to help you grow this in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 4: Pop music This morning, say you say me, I'll sing it for you.
Speaker 8: Let me wait by line on Ritchie. A lot of you in this stands up it. Y'all have slow music that you like, dance real close to. Don't answer that day believed in the eighties.
Speaker 4: It was weird.
Speaker 8: Some of those people are here today and you remember dancing with them. Anyway, there's a portion that the beat of the music becomes sort of fast. But the end of the fast portion it says, no matter who you are, you're a shining star.
Speaker 4: Other than that being very awkward.
Speaker 8: Moment when you're now dancing and the music switches to warp speed, we're real close. It makes a lot of sense. No matter who you are, you're a shining star. Never let others damp in your spirit. Right there, I want to add as present or future, some of us have things in our past, even at y'all, well, y'all was seventh grade, Yet some of you had things in your past. You're like, what, You're gonna have more things like that? Okay, You've got to face those challenges and overcome them, all right, So I'll kind of close this up, but just in case you're wanting to hear some work in music, well, Cindy Lauper, True Colors, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Manic Monday.
Speaker 8: I've never listened so close to that song until I did today anyway, and by the Bangles in case you're wondering, And yes, it's on Apple Music and Touch Tunes. So next time you're at waffle house, hold little Manic Monday on and sit there going.
Speaker 4: To see how the crowd responds. It's kind of fun. But anyway, I want to say thank you to my wife, who's here.
Speaker 8: Tonight, because I came back from Japan in two thousand and seven, and in two thousand and nine I married that beautiful woman, and fifteen years later she still puts up with me.
Speaker 4: Okay. I got four beautiful daughters and my son, and it's a privilege to be here.
Speaker 8: But most of all, class at twenty twenty five, I hope I haven't reigned on your parade, and I want to tell you all congratulations.
Speaker 4: Okay. Now go out there and be your own shining star. Overcome your challenges.
Speaker 20: Okay, fill your.
Speaker 4: Own potholes and walk right through them, because they're.
Speaker 8: Going to happen, all right, and so thank you class at twenty four twenty five Copain Schools and all the people and make Copin home. And that's all I got to say. Thank you, Thanks for mister Brown, mister b Compayne, class at twenty twenty five. There has been a privilege to be a principal the last few years. It's also privileged tonight to add.
Speaker 13: An additional graduate to your class, Copaine High School of giving an honorary diploma to mister Victor Dwayne Bryan.
Speaker 4: I'm start out to set down, but this is my original to call him up and lacking in six gradert.
Speaker 13: I'd like to ask you not to bill in the past, but since you cannot do anything about it, look for the future.
Speaker 4: And don't quit on your dreams to go along with Brown.
Speaker 13: Now for the presentation of the POMAS students, families, friends, faculty and staff. The following roll call students have met fall Openma State in copaying Board of Education requirements for gratulations. Our diplomas will be presented by the Board of Education presidents and one hundred students.
Speaker 9: Please rise as I call your name, Please come and get your diploma. Caden, Joe, Darznel Jackson, Raider, Heidemann, Gage, Michael holl Adrianna, Marie Jeffers, Allison, Danielle Love, Tallan Writer Glove, Elizabeth, Nicole Odom, Jasmine, Marie Forsberg, h Zachary Connor, Orsburn, Killian Connor, Osburn, Jacob, Joshua Powell, Gavin Kine, Scott Mhm, Jared Joseph Shambles, Cole, Daniel Smith, Mason, Eugene Street, Cameron leanne vand.
Speaker 20: Levi, James Van.
Speaker 4: Styber, Carson, Michael bloodore Head. You see at this time I'd like to advite hey your own advice to the stage for a closing prayer.
Speaker 5: I ask you about your head, Dear Lord, how have you concluding ceremony were thank you for the special days whilding to graduates of Publing High School.
Speaker 14: We are grateful for the achievements, memories and friendships pager.
Speaker 15: In your life.
Speaker 14: We ask you any right at the protection.
Speaker 5: May they carry the values and lessons flamed her into the problem, making a positive uncut wherever they know. Bless our families, teachers in law, support of them. Help us all to remember the day of the gratitude the hub in your navy.
Speaker 15: Pray, Amen, come.
Speaker 13: On you graduating classes twenty twenty five. Please you rise, students, Junior disfilled is high school seniors wif you moment, you'll leave the stadium his graduates. Remember that's just one of your first big A constants with what do you want to come? Just time you move your tassel from right to left, turn and face the family, friends, faculty, and staff that helped you reach this milestone. Gam after events, then your products and ProCon High School twenty five.
Speaker 10: Well, ladies and gentlemen, you've been listening to the class of twenty five Copan High School graduation highlighted tonight by the father of a celebrity, Luke Bryant, Mister Dwayne Bryan getting his honorary diploma after raising his children, serving in the Navy and taking some college courses and actually getting an associates degree at Rogers State University. Tonight he was presented with an honorary cap and gown and diploma from Copan High School. He left early to join the service, and my goodness is with a story, he said, just don't quit, keep on going. And wow, what a magic night these seniors celebrating with their families. Youngsters looking up to the graduates saying, Wow, maybe someday that'll be me. I'm pretty darn sure it will. You've been listening to our graduation ceremonies here tonight at Copen High School. Right here. I'm k Rig one O four point nine, and we want to thank our sponsors, bartnet IP and also Okay Federal Credit Union for giving us this opportunity to bring this special event to you. And now it's here from a work from our sponsors and back to regular programming. I'm k Rig.
Speaker 7: Living in the country has always posed challenges for Internet clear I'm Mark Gaily, President and CEO of bartnet IP. At bartnet IP, we have set out to make country living and Internet a success. We are continually upgrading and improving our equipment to provide secure, reliable, fast service to include more rural areas and more rural customers.
Speaker 2: They are our priority.