Speaker 1: At five here fifty five Krcity Talk Station, A very happy Friday may even happier. Welcome back to the fifty five Carsy Morning show Man, my listening audience that doesn't need to have an introduced. Bill O'Reilly. You've read all of his books. He's got eighteen number one ranked nonfiction books. Remember the Killing Series. I think Bill, you've been on my program half a dozen times for your Killing Series. I've read every single one of those outstanding author you are, and today you're gonna talking about your brand new book, confronting the President's no spin assessment from Washington to Biden. Bill O'Reilly, Welcome to the program. It's great to have you back on. I've been fine. I've been fine. Now this is a you started Washington, you ended Biden, and it's more than just sort of the general description. You actually do some interesting detective work. We got some corrupt ones, we got some philanderers, we got some terrible press. I mean a great assessment from A to Z here what prompted you.
Speaker 2: Confronting the president's cover to cover? You'll be the smartest kid on your block. You'll know everything about your country. So we got forty five individuals, and they're really like all of us in the sense that they do good and bad things. And I don't rank them. I say, here, it's who they are. Here's how they lived, right down on what they eat for lunch and breakfast. Here's the overall assessment that we have of them. But you make up your own mind whether they helped or hurt the country. And it's fun to read it, as all my killing books are. We're shifting from killing to confronting now, but it's the same style. It's the same breezy, fun style, and on every page you're gonna go, WHOA. I didn't know that. I didn't know George Washington's mother didn't like them and they had a big feud. I didn't know that Abraham Lincoln once contemplated suicide. I didn't know any of that. So that's why we're the most successful nonfiction book authors in the world.
Speaker 1: With that question, you and Martin Duggard, your co author of the book, and these books my question, and I actually looked up the DSM five diagn criteria for narcissism because I regularly accuse most all politicians of being malignant narcissists, and wonder what drives them. Did you can you come up with a general conclusion about personality types for presidents who actually are they became president or politicians generally speaking, or are they a mixed bag?
Speaker 2: Well, there are some people with very positive ambition and they want to help other people, and there are presidents like that. I think Teddy Roosevelt goes into that category. And then there are other people who are malevolent and they love power and they'll do anything you get it, and Lindon Johnson would be the poster boy for that. And then there are people in the middle. But we have them all. In the forty five elections, actually forty six. Guse grew over Cleveland got elected twice. We've got them all, and it's my job to kind of ferret it out and stop mythologizing people and tell Americans who they really were, because the book is relevant to today. I mean, one of the really interesting parts of the book is that Kamala Harris's campaign is a base on the nineteen twenty election. It's a really they're doing exactly the same thing as Warren Harding did. No kidding, nobody knows who Warren Harding is, so byan you go out to Cincinnati today and you stop somebody going, hey, how about that Warren Harding? He goes, isn't he here? Rapper? I don't know who he is. He is one of the worst because nobody knew anything about him, and he wouldn't campaign, He wouldn't answer any questions. He said on his sport in Marion, Ohio, and if you wanted to see him, he had to go there and wave it to him and he gets in and it was his absolute disaster. And it's so relevant today because we don't know anything about Kamala Harris. Don't we know that our values haven't changed? What values of those lady? You know? So I tried to make the book very relevant to what Americans are going through this year.
Speaker 1: Well, I g grabbed a hold of Hearting there because I noted from the materials. And this is the first time you and I have talked where I have not read your book in advance. I'll acknowledge that ahead because you quite often asked that question directly of those who were interviewing here. But I will read it. But Harding apparently had a lot of extramarital affairs as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he conducted them in the White House. I mean, but it's even worse than that. While the campaign was going on, his mistress gave birth to his kid and nobody reported it was insane.
Speaker 3: So this is a real villain, this Harding guy, and you know, Commas not nearly what he was, but the techniques that he used to achieve power being used again today.
Speaker 1: And I guess that's to me that the American people are responsible for allowing that. How can someone who you know nothing about get elected by the American people? I guess, going back to Harding again, how did how did they pull it off back then? How do people remain so in the dark about someone yet elect him for president?
Speaker 2: Well, it was just coming up World War One and we didn't have TV, radio was in its infancy. The papers were they were okay, but you know, out in Marion, Ohio, Hardy himself owned the newspapers. So it wasn't the folks's fault so much. Then they were cut up with Woodrow Wilson an eight year of the eight years of Democrats in the World War One era. There wasn't so much the folks. It was here's how we're going to get power. We know, the Republicans knew that Harding was ridiculous, but didn't have anybody else, and he was a good front man and they won. And then the kicker on the whole story is that he dies in San Francisco, and some people believe that his wife poisoned them. Flarrence had had enough of him running around with his mistress, so I can't confirm that. But Florence got him in the ground fast, and all autopsy just Larrence dead. Get him in the ground well.
Speaker 1: I have a conversation every week with jud Jenna Paula Tana and we always focus on the Constitution because he and I are politically like minded in our our belief in the Founding Principles and what's embodied in the Constitution, and that our rights are in fact God given. If you had to put your finger on one particular president, of all of the ones you looked at all of them, who do you think under has undermined the Founding Father's principles or the principle was embodied in the Bill of Rights. If I can both down to just that part the most.
Speaker 2: It's a hard question. I think John Tyler, who was a slaver, a trader, you know, to be Canoe and Tyler too. We go back to Ohio again with Harrison. He dies John Tyler. Nobody knows much about him. He's VP Southern guy. Virginia comes in and you know, pretty much runs roughshot over the Constitution. Everything he wanted he beat out, like hundreds of bills, and then when the war broke out, he became a senator for the Confederacy. He's a trader. I mean, so this guy was about as low as you can go about trying to undermine our constitution.
Speaker 1: And overall your assessment of the Reagan administration. That's when I came of political age, Bill O'Reilly, and I just just really embraced Reagan's presidency. He was uplifting. He you know, it was just a positive guy. And of course he had a very successful presidency. Anything about Reagan that you get popped up there, that you found out about that most people wouldn't even know about, I mean, I know about the Iran Contra affair, but what about you know, these other salacious details of these other scanners were something that maybe is really great about Reagan that we don't know about.
Speaker 2: Well, we wrote Killing Reagan, So if you really want to know about the man that suit to notts right there. Ronald Reagan was a successful president because of his largely because of his demeanor is optimism. Yeah, he lifted the country out of this Jimmy Carter malaise. Carter very similar to Joe Biden, but Biden was worse in Carter. Carter at least tried Biden and you try so. Reagan, the force of his personality and that he knew how to present himself was his strongest suit. Second strongest was his vision that we can collapse commonism if the United States develops this weaponry that the Russians just don't have the money to do it. That was a pretty brilliant strategy and it worked. Now Reagan was out of office when the Berlin Wall came down and the Soviet Union collapsed, but it was him. He was the architect of that and he had very firm beliefs. By the way, Ronald rag he wasn't always she washing. So Reagan was an excellent president. He's in the top ten.
Speaker 1: Kind of figured you reached that conclusion well in your assessing Donald Trump. Of course we're gonna have a choice here in November. We have no idea who Kamala Harris is other than the things that in position, she'd out loud taken as she tried to run for president, but no one had any interest in her. But you had four years of Donald Trump. Of course, his administration plagued by all the allegations of collusion and the like. What's your overall assessment of Trump as you as you dealt with it in confronting the presidents, Well.
Speaker 2: He governed well for four years and mocking if you look at the economy. Of course COVID interrupted it, but he's a libertarian capitalist and at worked and real wages is the proof. They went up seven percent for everybody across the board. That's a really remarkable achievement. So in the four years that he was there, he did a much better job than Biden did in three and a half. I mean, there's not even any comparison there. So Trump should be ahead by ten points over Harris, but he's not because he muddles the waters with crazy stuff and that hurts him dramatically. With people who don't really pay close attention, They really don't know policy and they don't know how things get done, but they hear stuff on they hear him say crazy stuff and they go and this guy I'm tired of him. So with Trump as a mixed bag. He's a deal maker and he was successful. He accomplished an amazing thing by even getting elected in sixteen. But he just isn't disciplined enough to get that message across to the American people. I hope that he course corrects, but at this point, I mean, you know, that's that's not a lock in November that could go to her, which would be a disaster for the United.
Speaker 1: States, absolute disaster. Of course, in the amended version of Confronting the Presidents, he'll deal with Kamala Harris if she does become president. He is Bill O'Reilly, along with Martin Duggard, the name of the book Confronting the President's No Spin Assessment from Washington to Biden. Bill O'Reilly, it's always wonderful talking to you. Thank you so much for the books that you write. They are a fantastic read and very informative.
Speaker 2: God, Bryan, after you finish the book, I'll come back. We'll talk about it further.
Speaker 1: I look forward to that. Yes, I'll hold you to that promise. Bill O'Reilly, have a wonderful weekend. My friend eight seventeen fifty five car see the talk station, get that book on the blog page fifty five KRC dot com and get in touch with Colin Electric. For all your electric needs. You can call my friend Andrew Cullen and his team. They'll come out to your place and fix it or add it, or whatever the case may be. If it deals with electric a residential electric project, you're in the best possible hands. A plus with a Better Business Bureau upgrade that old wiring uh add a whole house surge protector. I had them do that one time, and you know that that stops the surge from even entering the home because you know the surge bars don't do it, and something could go wrong with the entire electric systems. Like just a little added thing. If you have them out there, you might want to have them add that to the thing, or just call them up for that alone. But whatever your electric need, you're in the best possible hands. They're efficient, and they take great care of you, the respectful of your home and you and the customer service, well, it's outstanding. That's why they enjoying A plus with a Better Business Bureau Online. It's Cullen c U, L L E. N. Coulen Electriccincinnati dot com. The numbers five one, three, two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: We're less than two