Speaker 1: Wit wit Evan Win, I'll show you're gone rounhead, except with simple free the suing it doled out Shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 1: Now we're chilling at day Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three your plot on the dot. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. How we'd tarning to get cratic shows that up multipply like a rabbit.
Speaker 3: Tune in so out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 1: I hang out with.
Speaker 3: Rocking on the Lady, KT, Christine, All the.
Speaker 2: Lady, All up on your radio. Indeed, KT Christina, Ben and Skin. This is the Ben and Skin Show. Glad to have you tune in and listening. Yesterday it was an emotional day, a very emotional night in Dallas Fort Worth. Only this music can truly encapsulate the energy of how the Metroplex felt to have Luca back in town. And Skin, I think you knew when that tribute video was gonna play. You did a good job of keeping keeping company secrets inside. Right. That had a gun to my nuts. They said, dude, if you tell anybody, we're gonna fire this gun off and you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Look like Billy Baby.
Speaker 2: Is that his name?
Speaker 3: Baby Billy, Baby, baby Billy.
Speaker 2: But it was it was you do you always do a good job of that, But you had said you guys might be surprised as to win it plays, and sure enough they do the intros for the other four visiting Lakers, and then they stop and they play a tribute video for Lucas. So he's forced to sit there and watch it from the bench. He watches on and he starts crying, lip quivering, tears welling up, seeking He had a Kleenex with him.
Speaker 3: Then that wasn't enough. He had to move to a towel.
Speaker 2: Our young Slovenian hero was there weeping and crying over the tribute video, watching the first six and a half seasons of his NBA career and Dallas, what a dirty trick all thrown away for him to be traded to the Lakers. And here the Lakers were in town. So what a first half for Max Christi Budy. It was so incredibly sad. So who agreed to that? Did the Lakers have to agree? Did Luke have to greed? Did everyone agree?
Speaker 3: How does that work? I don't know the answer to that, but I assume that they let them in on it. Yeah, they would have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so. And obviously you know, well I don't Hell, I don't know. I mean, I really don't think it was done in any way like hey, like let's make it a super.
Speaker 3: Emotional or what.
Speaker 2: No, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a touching tribute. It was done out of respect.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, And the timing of it was great because you want to make sure later in the game when you do the Markis Morris tribute video, you know, you don't want to change, you know, right, So like when that happened, was that third quarter? Yeah, that that caught me off guard and everybody cried again. Okay, so what what was it? I wasn't I'll get into where I was. But yeah, to watch the game, what was it? Like in the arena? You KT was not there either, We'll get into that. Christina was there and Skin was right in the mix. Like they're posting videos with the fire Nico chant and they're like zooming in on Nico in the tunnel and it's basically just you and Nico.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of Nico time and a lot of people telling me that I was a company man. They they wanted me to turn around and even though he's been standing behind me for I don't know weeks.
Speaker 3: Last night was the night I was supposed to go.
Speaker 2: I am and I one guy told me I no longer represent the fans, oh, because I weresenting the fans. I guess, he said, I understand Mark and Hart not doing it, but you, oh, man, I guess I've made a huge mistake here by not using MAVs airtime to attack the GM because that's what that fan was, right. Okay, I want to say something that I want to get your impression of it, Christina, but walking just when I first walked in, it was insane. And the best way to put it is my friend Aaron, who works for the team, said, this is like a finals game, but it's nothing like a finals game. And I was like, that's an exactly accurate description. The energy was so intense, and there's people everywhere, and there's film crews everywhere. WFA was walking around live streaming on WFAA plus. It was just it was insane, and there was people from literally all over the world broadcasting from it, and the energy was intense. And then Luca came out to warm up, and it got even more intense and then when that tribute video happened, it was just over like it hit me. I'm not I know everyone felt the same way, but I did not expect to get hit that hard.
Speaker 3: Like I was like, oh God, this is way too much.
Speaker 2: And then the game started, and the game was great for the first half, so I kind of got lost in the game and so the heavy emotion of it went away for me as the game went on.
Speaker 3: But I'm curious what you thought being in the building. Well, I can tell you, guys after this next song, if you want me to. That's quite a tea. Yeah, it's quite a tease. Okay, uh coming up next. Feelings from inside the building