Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this. Your local sports coverage lives here, and the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing With Don Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg.
Speaker 2: And Rick Dully Wall.
Speaker 3: Now are you gonna go on the couch at eight o'clock tonight?
Speaker 1: Sits down and let's put it in.
Speaker 2: Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Cant clocking downtown Vancouver brother Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolley Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producers. The man at the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek Wan. How are you?
Speaker 3: It's Friday?
Speaker 1: It is Connects over the Sharks one in overtime, A riveting a night of entertainment for VANKA hockey fans.
Speaker 3: If you have trouble sleeping at night, put copy of that in your video recorder and watch it.
Speaker 1: If you still have a VCR. Yeah, yeah, not great entertainment until late in the third period and certainly in overtime. But man, this is what we love about sports. And we talk of not that long ago when reality TV became a thing. It's been around forever. It's called sports. You just can't predict, and it is reality. You can't predict what's gonna happen day to day. Well, sometimes you can with the Canucks, but you know, I don't think there's a person in this market, a person who follows and cares about the Canucks who didn't think they were dead and buried. And so now they're five to one and one in their last seven and some of those victories before they made the trades a week ago. Today two points up on Calgary, both having played the same amount of games. And then we talked about this earlier in the week. They're one point behind LA. I know LA has got three games in hand, one point behind LA for third place in the Pacific Division. Nobody would have guessed that even a week ago.
Speaker 3: Another impressive stat, Donnie five out of six points without Quinn Hughes. Hughes has missed three games and this is your all Star, All World defenseman, and the Canucks have done quite well without them. I know there's a couple of week teams they've played, but they also beat Colorado, a Western Conference powerhouse. So without Quinn Hughes, they're doing well.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to the Holits and then we want to focus on the guy that I thought was that a lot of people thought was the start of the game last night for the Canucks, a certain number thirty five Derek, we're good, rock and roll SAP Center, San Jose, California, and no score until midway through the third. Hughes sitter left side, throws the puck towards that at tipped in by Dakota Joshua at the tail end of a power play. One nothing Canucks. A little later, Sharks pressure Jake Walman shot stop by Thatcher Dempko. Carl Grunstrom thought stop by Thatcher Dempco. The back Letias looking just fine here, sticking out the left leg and rapier like fashion stays one zip. Minute and a half left. Goalie pulled, Philip he'll giveaway and Tyler to Foley X Candock X everything. He takes advantage after getting stopped twice by Dempko. One one, we're going overtime. First minute of the extra stanza, Philip Heel left side feeds Drew O'Connor, impeded by Macklin. Celebrini gets a shot away. That stuff, But that's a penalty shot and not just anley Penley shot a penalty shot on ot. Check out what Drew O'Connor does sashe's to his left ala JT. Miller taking his time shooting and scoring. It wasn't pretty, but the Caddocks beat the thirty second place Sharks two to one. Leaves in Vancouver Saturday, and then it's the Four Nations freak wreck.
Speaker 3: Yes, the maple Leafs in town though, which is always a great game. But the game starts at four because we have to move Heaven and Earth for our friends in Toronto.
Speaker 1: Over the years, I've become okay with that.
Speaker 3: I don't like four o'clock starts.
Speaker 1: I don't like the I don't like the reason for it, because you know, Heaven and Earth has to be moved for the Toronto maple Leafs and the broadcast companies back east. But I don't mind the four o'clock starts because you know, you get your day over with, or your entertainment over with early and you still have the night ahead of you. We'd be maybe a bigger deal if I was younger. But you know who agrees with that is is Amar Doman. Look at all those four o'clock starts with the BC Lions.
Speaker 3: I don't like those four o'clock BC Lions. Why why it's it's not it takes you out of your I grew up with Lions, Canocks, white Caps all playing at seven, seven thirty and the Canocks started at when in the eight eight eight o'clock all.
Speaker 1: Back in the seventies, for sure. I don't know about the eighties, okay, And eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: Starts a little bit in the eighties they were at eight o'clock and you'd be out of the Pacific Colisseum by ten twenty and home by eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think, I think I don't know why it's.
Speaker 3: What you're shaking shaking his head right, because anything in the air.
Speaker 1: My theory is that back then, you know, people gathered for dinner more so than they do now, and then you went out a little bit later. I gotta be honest, I'm becoming an old man because I absolutely hate the poor seven thirty starts. Oh like they do in San Jose in La.
Speaker 4: Last night, and then on ot on top of it, like the game's ending it after.
Speaker 1: Ten becoming an old man. I'm like, what the hell waiting all day for this game. Let's go, let's get it over. I will say this like you and and I'm an old man. I get that, you know, literally and figuratively now, but you've become an old man way sooner than I. Okay, it's just oh and we have to prepare immature when out.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's also not only Vancouver that's unhappy about these. Did you see e Conomy David last Saturday?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he squawked about the you know, and they're a five o'clock start. Yeah, yeah, right o'clock world. Yeah.
Speaker 4: MC david said something about, yeah, you know, it's our building, but we got to play it five hard time. Yeah, So that was that was interesting because I thought it was just a Vancouver thing that.
Speaker 1: We kind of bitch about. But no best player in the world. I'm laughing because I introduced Ryan to a song by the Vogues which was in Good Morning Vietnam.
Speaker 3: Called five o'clock a great movie.
Speaker 1: Ron Williams and I've been I think it was in that movie. I've been playing it all morning and he's upset with me.
Speaker 4: Now, the best was when you were playing it and then also trying to give direction to Derek and I. So you're one of these people that cranks music and then yells over top of the music instead of just not having the music on.
Speaker 1: Either way much either way, neither of you listen to me. That's true. Hence the yelling. That is true. Okay, Thatcher damnco just outstanding. Rick. I've done some research on his numbers. Okay, three and one in his last four, won twenty five goals against the average in those game nine games one or nine to five to three save percentage, and I just you know, the the back problems, the back spasms, the populatias. I put them all together. I call him back Latius, and I thought, Okay, this season's are right off for Thatcher Demko. But look what he's doing, and forget the numbers. Just look at the saves he was making last night. He was great, moving side to side, no problem at all. And like I talk about a lot when you know, earlier in the season you saw him get up after a save and he kind of struggled to get up. He's not doing that anymore, stretching out to make saves. It's been very, very impressive for the big guy.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so let's go two weeks ago. He started four straight games, allowed sixteen goals and four straight games, got lit up in Edmonton. What was his six goals and the amount of he has done? Get rid of him? Signed like you were there to stop?
Speaker 1: I never I was not.
Speaker 3: But this is what emotions go through on Canuck's Twitter. If a guy goes to four bad games, get rid of him. He's done, he's gone. Get rid of him.
Speaker 1: Y'all do that?
Speaker 4: Who It's not just Canucks' Twitter because why should we show it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this is But in between listening to the vogues and me yelling at Derek and Ryan, we've remembered that we had a pull back on not that long ago, way back January twenty seventh. January twenty seventh, so again not that long ago. We've got the poll. Yeah, this was our poll on that day, and this is lankoln and coming off the win against the Capitals at home, which was which was pretty impressive. Thirty two saves on Saturday of the twenty fifth. So on the twenty seventh of January, again not that long ago, our poll question shipped Kevin start the majority of the Canucks remaining thirty four games. I think I wanted to put in should he start all they're remaining thirty four games? We went with the majority, and just so you know that we're not the only ones who are negative once in a while with the Canucks, especially you reckon. This was Dolly Ball's question.
Speaker 3: It was but what did I say? Ten month injury for a goaltender's masses? Oh, you don't see today ten months who takes ten months off and comes back right away? In form nobody, especially a goaltender. These guys have specified coaching. You know, they have a goalie coach for crying out loud anyways, give him time. What does that have to do with this? It's a hard position. Do you see the right wingers having a coach for only right wingers?
Speaker 1: Well? Can I finish with the results here? For people listening on our podcast, you can't see this graphic. Eighty four percent of respondents said yes, and we were there as well. Lankan. It has been very, very good. It didn't look like Demko was going to recover in time, or at least recover before the end of this season. I get it, I get But now he just looks so good. And you look at where the Canucks are the in the standings rising and what they've done the last seven games, five to one and one, and again some of those wins before the two big trades were made. It's been pretty impressive. He's been very good.
Speaker 3: Massive for the Canucks. And I'll tell you why. They're not scoring anywhere near the cliff they did last year. Done, So they're gonna have to win two one, three, two games. And when your goaltendings like Dempko, and then you throw in Lincoln and they have a good one too, combo right now and goal and the other one is how Dempko plays will affect what the Canucks do with Lincoln and done. If he returns to vezin a form the Canucks don't have to overpay for a backup, they don't have to go over four million for Lancon. It's going to be fascinating how this plays out.
Speaker 1: But do you not worry about Demko's health because there's a history there durability, So maybe having somebody like lancoln and who's a solid, dependable backup with the salary cap going up, although Oel's penalty goes up as well. I don't know. I think maybe a buck up, maybe more than you thought you would.
Speaker 3: But Donnie, only the back spasms in Seattle was the only time that Demko got hurt since his return, and he was only out a couple of days. Right, So, so far, durability wise, he's been okay, right.
Speaker 1: But that this populatius seems it's just such a mysterious ailment. I wonder if they worry about that, because nobody seems to know much about it. More of a soccer injury.
Speaker 3: Rest season will tell us, don if he goes the rest of the year without getting hurt. Your there's your answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked absolutely fabulous. I think we have time for this. Dree O'Connor last night on the first of all, the penalty shot. And I shouldn't just say last night, because he's been impressive since moment one with the Canucks, big and fast.
Speaker 3: Cheer, he's great go in front of the net.
Speaker 1: But and again, that penalty shot last night, it was so Miller esque. It looked exactly like what was Maybe he got it out of maybe he was influence by J. T. Miller. I'm not sure, but it was really really impressive, really really confident looking. So they've got a quandary and other problem on their hands when it comes to Drew O'Connor, is the UFA in the summer.
Speaker 3: That's not a tough deal. You can get him done two three years deal around two million or under two million.
Speaker 1: Do you think his price tag's not going up?
Speaker 3: Well? Don They just got Marcus Patterson done after five days. I'm sure they can get Drew O'Connor time done. If the two sides like it, why not get it that? And by the way, Drewe O'Connor has got a cardial with Basot Motors, doesn't he Yeah, he's got a cardial already already, Like, what is it with these penguins. Marcus Patterson gets your five days new six year deal, O'Connor gets your Basot Motors cardial. What's going on? Why are these guys?
Speaker 1: I think Marcus Patterson might be a little happier than that. Is all the respect to our proud sponsor Basot Motors. But Drew, actually, Drew O'Connor should be happier than he's got a cardial good front to hear from from Drew. Yeah, we have time. Okay, this is uh, well, we're gonna hear from Rick talk at a boat. Drew O'Connor coming up here. But first of all, post game and Rick Talckett will be in the back of this clip. Overtime hero Drew O'Connor.
Speaker 5: I thought we did a great job defending hard. You know, we had a couple of big penalty kills. They got the late one, but I don't think we let it catch us off guard. We kind of responded well and it was a big two points.
Speaker 6: Yeah, obviously the speed, you know, he really adds a lot to our team. You know, that was obviously a big goal for us. But you know, just a really culturable kid, you know, he he he wants to learn and just I know he's only been here a week, two weeks, but he's just he's just a really good, coachable kid.
Speaker 1: There's supposed to be more to that clip. I think I think I messed up. I was too busy listening to the vogues, but I thought.
Speaker 3: It was Huey Lewis in the news. But anyways, because they got this timeline.
Speaker 1: There is so far on Dancing in the Dark playing in the background of that Drew O'Connor clip.
Speaker 3: Do you hear that Bruce Breesy? Yeah, which is a great song by in the USA, great album. So that's coming from the Canucks and locker room.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you said the Courtney Cox song. Yeah, yeah, she rose to fame and yes she went on the stage with Bruce. Yeah. Yeah. Anything from the eighties. Oh yeah, that'st decade ever. Okay, here's what's coming up on the show. There's a lot going on. We haven't talked about Quinn Hugh's health, and we will. We will. We'll do that as well. Well. Vechkin actually did some math yesterday, which is the first well documented on the show. Wasn't my strongest subject? Well, Ve's going to pass Gretzky this season if he stays healthy. Did Quinn double check your work? He did? Okay, good, so it should be okay, Brockbester, we want to discuss Craig Button has this list of the top fifty non NHL prospects or NHL affiliated prospects. The Canucks faring well and on craigs list, uh moch is coming up. When is he coming? He's gonna join usduring the DTMZ segment. Yeah, I have a lot for DTMZ. So we're gonna have more in the DTMZ segment. Oh yeah, we hope So I mean Montana yesterday, yes us yesterday from Bettis. He's been begging to get on our show and making we tell him, Okay, good super Bowl, we'll get you on and the people at Czech or let's get moj Absolutely, he's big timed us a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Well, he's been very busy this morning already getting interviews. He talked to a couple of Seahawks, Jack Jackson Smith and Jigba, Devin Witherspoon, Nate Purlson, there's a lot going on with moch.
Speaker 1: Nate Perlson xx.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Canadian Nate Perlson CBS of course as well, co host of Hollywood Squares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the revamp. Yeah no, he went the old one. One went back to the sixth These truth Charles Nelson Riley or oh.
Speaker 3: Hollywood Squares, Paul Lynd. It was a great troll.
Speaker 1: Not a soul remembers who I'm talking about. There's somebody out there who does Paul Lynd was always the middle square in Hollywood squares and he had always had a good quip. Remember that, Yeah, there you do? He Timz? Is it just me coming up with moj In the second hour, eleven o'clock hour, John Shannon is going to join us just after eleven, and I know that John wants to talk about the Four Nations face off. Some people not excited about it, and he says, what are you talking about? You to be pumped up for this best on best or the best that hockey can do right now? Anyway, Big Rye Quit a guy coming up later this hour and up next to talk about the Canucks two to one overtime victory against the lowly Sharks. Thomas Drantz from The Athletic. He's next if I don't say it at the end of the show. Have a great weekend, folks. It's donning to only the team on check Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 8: A team is supported by Ableauctions dot CA Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 3: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 1: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email Sales at able Auctions dot Ca dot sales at ab LA Auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 3: The Maside Resort is a boutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, oceanfront restaurant, loud high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, The Bayside ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any time of the year. Called two five zero, two four eight eight triple three and book your stay.
Speaker 1: Today Friday and all of our guests today, including Thomas Frantz, standing by his beard standing by as well. Brought to you by the Bayside ocean Front Resort, Experience West Coast Luxury Rick and Vankor Island's Winter Charm with the Bayside ocean Front Resort's Winter Getaway two nights or more twenty five percent off now available every day of the week. Call them two five oh two, four eight eight, triple three or visit Baside Resort Parksville dot com and book your winter escape today. I'm getting a lot of this in the Delaney's Okay tire in Langley in box. You don't have to worry. It's directed at me. Don Die from Nanaimo. Hey, Donnie. Pavelhetel great assist on the Foley's call. He's not the perfect hockey player.
Speaker 3: He also took the penalty with four minutes left. Yep, so yeah, you're pretty quiet on heel today.
Speaker 1: He set up drough A conner for the breakaway which led to the to the shot. Yeah, and he maybe you look for this, I'll be the first one to see. Maybe Thomas agrees with me that he's overhanling the puck a bit is ye, but impressive looking hockey players so far. Thomas Drantz joins us from the athletic Thomas, thanks for doing this, sir, How are you? Beard's looking good? Oh he can't hear us? Right? No, can we hear him now? He just left the zoom?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is he pouting? No? No, he just gave me the I know you give it the figure to the ear. I think that's the world sign that you can't hear. Thank you for that. But look for this. We'll get Thomas back here in a second with audio. But look for this rick with Philip Heedel, especially at the blue line. Maybe overhandling the puck when he should maybe dump it in. You don't want to take away his creativity. That first game of his when I compared his debut to Palle Beret's debut. As off as that might might have been, I've still been very impressed by him. But overhandling the puck, I think he's pretty excited to be where he is right now. Maybe that's that's all part of it.
Speaker 3: His ice time's gone to twenty minutes. He was at fourteen fifty minutes in New York. You don't think he's happy. Don he needed a fresh change?
Speaker 1: We have? No? I think he's I think he's dealing with a battery issue at the.
Speaker 4: Moment, so maybe we'll have him potentially in his in his air pods.
Speaker 1: He's gonna come back. So the battery in his air pods. Do you know it's not a robot coup. He doesn't need a battery.
Speaker 3: It's someone you know said battery.
Speaker 1: Do you know what air pods are?
Speaker 7: Rick earphones? Yeah it is, Yeah, that's right, Yeah, job earphones. Okay, So Dari's wondering if you want to do the pole question now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a ton of scholarship going to say your information about Quinn Hughes. Will save that for later. Waddling. This is called This is called tap dancing, folks in the world of live broadcasting. Wattling Dog poll question. Visit one of Victoria's favorite and we're not doing a great job of tap dancing. By the way, Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Wattling Dog, where you can enjoy twenty taps and twenty screens. You're on for the conduction UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today.
Speaker 3: Rick Ryan, get her up. The Watling Dog pop pole question. The NHL trade deadline a month today. Can you believe it what the Canucks do with pending UFA brought Besser, this is good. Right down the middle. We've got fifty seven percent, they trade them, we got forty four percent. Say keeping thirteen hundred votes already, Donny topping, it's popping, it's not stopping.
Speaker 1: You're calling that right down in the middle. But close.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was eighty twenty. This is beautiful. Your old boss Rob would love this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's your old boss as well? Yeah? Yeah a brock Besser about to become or a scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. And Ryan and I were arguing about this earlier, you know, in between shouting at him, we had an argument, a discussion, and like, if they're where they say they continue on this pace, well, let's say they are still where they are now, in a playoff spot, you know, threatening to maybe finish third in the Pacific. Do you trade one of your top six forwards, even though he might become a UFA.
Speaker 3: And when you trade UFA's at the deadline, you usually get picks, some prospects back. Well, that's not going to help the Canucks in the down the stretch in the playoffs. If they can't pick some prospects back. Three things are going to happen. They either sign him, trade him, or he stays. The owner loves playoff revenue. Are you going to be the one done to go into his office and say we're trading Besser while we're in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to be that guy. I wouldn't want to be that guy. Patrick Galvin last night on six fifty said they're still evaluating the Besser situation. Don I don't get it. They evaluated Marcus Petterson for five days and six years, but they've been evaluating Brock Besser for eight months and they still can't nail it. Come on, quit saying that.
Speaker 1: Two goals in twelve games for protest.
Speaker 3: Alvin's embarrassing himself, but he keeps saying, we're evaluating the situation. You've had eight months to evaluate his. Stop saying that you just signed a guy that came from Pittsburgh for five days and you gave him six years. But you've had eight months to deal with Besser and you still you're still evaluating.
Speaker 1: Well, their love of Peterson Marcus Petterson goes way back. They should not just the pack but they don't love they don't love Besser. I know I've said this earlier in the week. Okay, mean give me one second. I know I said this earlier in the in the week. But with Brockbester, I'm sure there's some health issues there. Well, there are the concussion earlier.
Speaker 3: It's money. In tern it's money.
Speaker 1: Why would they say evaluating then it's not like they were savaluating it.
Speaker 3: It's a fancy, dancy word for we're netiating or we're far apart. If if Brock's gonna ask for eight times eight, it ain't gonna happen in the market, it's just not going to happen. And then the blood clotting issues in the playoffs. I don't think health is involved here. I think it's all about the money in the term.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break, okay, and then we'll bring back. Talk about fancy words, you know, Thomas Drantz, it doesn't get fancier than that word wise anyway, and Beard wise as well. Thomas Drantz from the athletic he's going to join us next Donnie Dully. The team check.
Speaker 3: House, the Golf the premier destination for indoor golf in the lower Land. Elegantly designed and powered by industry leading track Man technology, The facility is home to six golf simulators, offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertain friends and family, and host clients in the perfect social setting. Take your next event to another level, whether it's a birthday, staff party or at client event. House of Golf is built the host groups of all ages and for any occasion cater however you see fit and let us welcome you to the great indoors. Head to House a Golf dots for more information that is h Aus of Golf Dotsia.
Speaker 1: As we mentioned earlier, all of our guests today are brought to you by and it's a Friday brought to you by our friends at Bayside Oceanfront Resort two five Oho two for eight Triple three Bayside Resort, Parsville dot com and book your winter escape today. I'm getting a lot of this and the conduction could have won the Stanley Cup yesterday. I bring up Paul lint All right for the Hollywood Squares. From Hollywood Squares, he was the middle Square. He was a super funny guy, the star of the show. Peter Marshall was the host back then. Uh, so many people texting in about Paul Lynn and I forgot this. He was Samantha's uncle and bewitched, underrated witch. That's Larry Thomas. Just fascinated by this. Hey, Thomas. I got to say that last segment with you might have been your best ever on this show. It was outstanding.
Speaker 3: It was real long quotes from you, real long quotes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sorry about that. I have no idea what happened. Right before you were bringing me in, you were like, and now we'll go to Thomas, and then my sound died entirely, and then I couldn't get back into the meeting. I've never had that happen. I mean, well, we do this every week. I've never had that issue, so because I'm frozen sometimes that's happened to me before, but never the complete glitch out. So excuse me coming to you live for my cell phone.
Speaker 1: There you go, and everything's looking fine. I mentioned how well the beard looks. Hey. Is there anything wrong with grinding out a win against a thirty second place hockey club?
Speaker 9: Not at this time of year, right when you need the two points and you can't afford to slip against a team like San Jose, those are two points you absolutely have to have. You get them. It doesn't really matter if they're looking good or looking like that, and that did not look particularly good. I think what does matter, though, Donnie right is what we saw is symptomatic of a team that lacks juice. Right, I thought, a team that lacks both juice and speed. Frankly, right, I thought you saw throughout that game, especially with that youer Demco standing on his head off the rush throughout the evening, but especially like really, the Canucks had seven good minutes at the start of the game and then they got out play by the San Jose Sharks right through, right on through, I thought, and a lot of that was San Jose's forwards I thought gave the Canucks a lot of trouble with their speed, especially off the rush, and Vancouver didn't really have an answer to that. But look, they find a way, they get the two points they need to. They're still i think better than Calgary. They should be able to hold Calgary off. I'm still looking at Utah in that rearview mirror, because that's a team with speed and that can actually generate offensively as a team that could put some pressure on the Canucks down the stretch here, But look, we know this team, we know this team should be better than Calgary. You know, they don't have quick Hughes on the ice, or they didn't last night. They haven't across the last few games, and they've looked good. They've held the fort despite that. I think that's a positive sign, especially because Hughes is you know how they manufacture goals. Right, with Hughes in the lineup, they've got a shot to score. Without him, it looks like that's some Knights, and in fact a lot of Knights, right. You could say even the Detroit game, for all their chances, right, they for all their zone time, they weren't generating quality looks. So that's the issue. That's sort of the issue you bump into. This team just doesn't generate enough scoring chances with Quinn Hughes in the lineup. But without him, man, there are nights where it's gonna look like that. And that looked like, you know, some guy trying to get ketchup out of the glass bottle at the diner, just like you know, smashing it. Doesn't know to tap the neck, hees, Hughes lets you tap the neck.
Speaker 1: Of the bottle.
Speaker 10: Is that a thing?
Speaker 9: What I didn't know that you didn't know how to get out of a glass bottle?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I tapped the neck, gentle, gentle, tap of the neck, tap, tap, tap of the tap.
Speaker 1: If this makes up for not having any audio in the previous segment, you learned something new every day ketchup tips, life acts, ketchup.
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm Western Canadian man. You gotta have the ketchup tips all right?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Good point. I know you're inbox at work at six point fifty is is littered with Elias Petterson. What's going on? You know?
Speaker 1: J T.
Speaker 3: Miller was traded a week ago today, Thomas and he's got one assistant four games since Miller left, No goals in eight games, no points in three. What's going on there?
Speaker 9: Well, the Canucks didn't have a shot on goal five on five and in Elias Petterson's you know, thirteen minutes last night. I don't know how you explained that like more than anything, you know, with Hughes out of the lineup, with Miller traded, that's the night where you need Petterson to be leading the charge, helping you generate. And they generated literally nothing bump kiss with him on the ice five on five. I also thought his play on the power play was, you know, like fit full indecisive.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 9: Obviously he lost his spot on Powerplay one as the game went along. So if you were hoping for sign the progress for Elias Petterson, look away last night offered you nothing on that score. You know, I'm watching him play, and you know I heard you on Halford and Bruff earlier, Rick, and we've had the converse privately, but I just don't seem burst in his skating stride. I think I'm watching a player who I don't think can get there right now to execute what's in his mind's eye. And that's tough, because what's in his mind's eye like Peterson at his best, at sort of his imperious, productive best functions, kind of like a supercomputer on the ice right like that's he sees all the angles and he's precise enough to execute them. And right now it just looks to me, just this is just my take watching him play, it just looks to me like he can't get there in order to execute what he's the sorts of skilled plays that he's you know, made his name on and I don't know if that comes back this year. I don't know if there's something the club needs to do to work with him on skating. I don't know if it's an injury management thing, but there's something off in his game at the moment, and I struggle to imagine just given the way that his shot velocity is way down, his skating stride skating speed is way down. And if you go into the data specifically and sort of look at the NHL Edge data closely, you'll see that all of the top shot speeds and skating burst speeds came in like the first two weeks of the season, There's been not much in terms of pacer velocity to his game of late, and you know, I don't know how that gets sorted out over the balance of the season. I think it might be one of those things that needs an offseason to work on. And if I say that, then you have to think, Wow, that's an awfully large risk that the club is going to be looking at and sort of judging whether or not they should consider moving in before the NMC kicks. In my view, my view, the moment you trade a Liais Peterson, you don't have aleas Pederson, you no longer have a bid, you know, a bet in that might pay off with an elite forward on your roster period. I just it's a tough situation, but I don't think it's a situation the club can walk away from. You need to be able to find a way organization to get the best out of this guy, because we know the sort of player that he can be when he's on. He ain't on right now.
Speaker 3: He's a great player. And when he's on, he's you see why he's worth eleven six. But right now he's not on. But I want to I want to go with the GM said last night on your radio station that he's not hurt. No one has ever said he's hurt. If he is hurt, why not sit him? Landeskag and Colorado hasn't played in a year and a half, Like, why not just do the common sense. If he's hurt, here, take a couple of weeks off for a month. Why is he playing the Four Nations if he's hurt, Like, I don't get it. You're saying he's not skating well because he's hurt, Well, then sit him.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean to be clear, I don't know whether or not he's hurt. I would remind everybody that when he had the risk risk issue during that uh you know final Travis Green Bruce there it is bump season. Uh no one. No one caught to that being an issue either until Peterson sat down at Exits. Peterson told me in Nashville during the playoffs last year, he was asked, you know, are you playing through something? And he was like, I'm I'm fine, I'm playing And two weeks later it Exits disclosed the knee tendon in this. I mean, it's not uncommon for everyone to hide, uh sort of exactly what's going on with the player's health. And I mean, would it surprise you at all if if a player, especially one who's been in the spotlight due to a you know, fractured locker room and in a relationship with a teammate, was was gutting it out through something, I wouldn't. I mean, that's that's pretty a standard operating procedure here, Rick. I'm just going off what my eyes tell me, and in lieu of a more compelling explanation, my eyes tell me that this guy's speed burst is acceleration is severely diminished from what we've seen in past seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's stat about the skating speed and the shot speed is an alarming. Friend. I'm not an analytics guy. You know, the edge it's way, it's way above me. But I have seen that, and that that's alarming. Another player, Thomas that Dempkel. Is he back? The numbers say he is.
Speaker 9: Well, the numbers say is it's small sample four games with a nine to fifty plus save percentage. The Canucks have also gotten some sturdy save sorry saves. They've also gotten some sturdy performances from Kevin lankinin across this stretch. You know, they've got nine to fifty goaltending across the last seven games to go five to one and one, and they were at what like eight sixty across the eleven games prior where things really started to look dire for this group. So yeah, I mean, this team looks like a different group when they get the saves, no question about that. They look a lot more resilient right when they're getting saves. So yeah, I mean, look, he looked awesome last night. I thought he looked great too earlier this week against the Predators. So I mean I thought this was two games in which Demco can fairly be said to have stolen the Canucks wins. Honestly, I think he stole them wins in both games. The truth is is that this team, as well as they've played defensively, gave up up a fair bit in both contests, and that was Demco doing something we don't see that often these days in the NHL. You know, how many how many times do you turn on a hockey game from around the league and really it's the goalie that's sort of stealing things. We used to see it four times a night. Now now you see it four times a week, right in this in this shooter first version of the NHL, which, by the way, thank god right Like it's so much better as a product like this. But when you see it, when you see two consecutive performances at that level from a guy like Demko, especially with what he's been through and how much his game struggled to find find its rhythm as he returned, you got to like that. That's a very good sign for this team. You know, Denco hitting a sort of ceiling case down the stretch is what makes the Canucks actually one of those teams that has a shot to not just make the playoffs, but maybe put up a fight against the Winnipeg, Vegas Edmonton tier teams that would be their most likely or probable first round opponent.
Speaker 1: Took a while, but it was worth it. Thomas, thank you so much. Sounded good. The audio is just fine.
Speaker 3: Yep, thank you, gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Cheers you bet Thomas Drants from the Athletic. We didn't touch on Drew O'Connor, although we heard from him from Drew O'Connor himself a little bit later UFA. He's been very impressive, big and fast. And the thing that sticks out with him well the stats yesterday played fourteen minutes, gets six shots, two hits, one takeaway, one block, the winning goal and the penalty shot in overtime. But the news yesterday Rick is what stuck out for me before the game started, that Vegas and Ebonton we are very interested in him. Again, keep in mind he's going to be our scheduled to be at ua.
Speaker 3: UFA and everyone's looking for that size, donny, and the speed. Size and speed is a great one too. Combo and hockey and when a guy becomes available with size and speed, and there were teams in the East after him two don It wasn't just West Coast teams, it was teams in the East as well.
Speaker 1: But interesting because those teams are in the Canucks Division. And that's right, last time I checked there, they're pretty good. He's been impressive.
Speaker 3: Undrafted, right, yes, undrafted. I love the undrafted guys because you know what, he passed probably five hundred guys in his draft year.
Speaker 1: A lot of requests. Ryan, by the way, and with the Drew O'Connor. One more thing, he bears a resemblance to either Jim Sandlac or Pat quinn Young jais.
Speaker 3: Sandla like the house? How do we not? We'll never forget Jim Sandlack.
Speaker 1: No, no, of course not. What a nice guy? Okay, Ron, we need some Paul lit At some point during the show, are you please? That's bad me? It's not me, that's asking.
Speaker 3: It's no, I'm serious, the lady's okay, it's mainly you because all these you know what they could do, they could go to YouTube and type it in to watch it.
Speaker 1: You're the one that wants to see it. I'm thinking of the people who watched the show, who listened to the show, who might not be familiar with Paul, and I can tell some of the people are spelling his name wrong. They don't really know, always thinking of other people. Yeah, yeah, that's the famous beach house restaurant in Santas has closed and instructed able auctions our title sponsor Brick to sell everything to the highest bidder Thursday. That's February twentieth. Thursday, February twentieth. This four hundred seat restaurant with two full kitchens and large patio will be sold by able Moretti. Double deck pizza oven, double deck pizza of it.
Speaker 3: I said, the pizza ovens on the left side. Okay, I said down the right side yesterday. Okay, go keep going.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the one on the right side, the oven that's double deck is the double deck pizza of What about.
Speaker 3: The far right?
Speaker 1: Well, then let me continue reading and maybe you can figure it out. Acanti watched that pronunciation again. Espresso machine are among hundreds of pieces of very well maintained mar restaurant equipment. I'm not really sure, but I will guarantee you this. We had this yesterday. Somebody will text in or email in and tell us what that of it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, the far right of one, much like that Orange boat, Yeah, the Orange Boat.
Speaker 1: For information on this iconic Vancouver Island restaurant auction, go to able Auctions dot CAA to get your restaurant, metal shop or factory sold. Email Sales Able Auctions dot ca A, b l E Auctions dot c A. Johns h Adden at the top of the hour up next Big Ride, Donnie Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 3: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management, from finding a tenant to collecting rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Property is a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit birds Nest Properties.
Speaker 1: The amount of request for getting for Paul Lynn in Hollywood Squares is incredible, to the point where our guest at eleven o'clock, John Shannon, has texted in a YouTube link to a Paul Inn montage from Hollywood Squares. You see Ryan Yeah, life didn't start in whatever year you were born, ninety one, was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel bad.
Speaker 4: I'm not laughing like I'm watching these clips and I'm not. I don't find it that funny.
Speaker 1: We can't play.
Speaker 4: No, I'm going to play something in fact out playing coming into John because.
Speaker 1: He's a fan. I'm just saying, I just don't think his zingers all that funny. Oh Gold Big.
Speaker 4: Rather Twitter Guy is brought to you by Seri Mitsubishi, who was dropping the puck on huge savings this month. Score up to six thousand dollars in rebates, no payments for ninety days, a free two year maintenance package, and interest rates as low as one point nine to nine percent. That is more assist to your bank account than a first line center that makes eleven point six million.
Speaker 1: Visit Suri Mitsubishi in.
Speaker 4: Store at one three eight two zero one oh fourth Avenue in Surrey, or check out their vast selection of new and pre owned vehicles at Suri Mitsubishi dot CAA. I know Shannon's just gonna think that, you know, he's gonna rip me for not laughing. I know it, I know it. Time it's coming. But that's fine, that's fine, very quickly. I do want to mention the Donning Dolly online store because we've been showing photos lately a lot of merch. Been getting a few people asking, hey, how do I buy your merch? Well, you can buy it in a variety of waste. You can buy it in person at the BC Sports Hall of Fame. You could buy it in person in the Wadling Dog Pub in Victoria or the Bayside Resort in Parksville.
Speaker 1: There's the Hall by the way, I was there recently.
Speaker 4: And you can also buy it online the Donning Dolly online store where we have our tukes, our hats, our golf shirts, are hoodies, our golf balls. We've got it all there so uh and of course these brand new sports page hats which everybody loves. So get it all on the Donnie and Doll the online store.
Speaker 3: You get the tukes. Look at the weather, it's cool. Yeah, I don't go anywhere without my snob. I'm I got a big thick touke that Donnie. Where does the heat leave your body through your head?
Speaker 1: Your head?
Speaker 3: So if you got a good thick took up there, keep sitting there.
Speaker 1: So you can be naked, but if you have an okay.
Speaker 3: Don't get a cheap to get a good thick. I'm telling Donnie and Dolly to Donnie and Dolly too, do you have your gumboots on today?
Speaker 1: Uh? No? Oh wow Bold Bold Uh.
Speaker 4: I'm such a parent now, like Kelson, I don't be for We were out for dinner recently and we saw a young kid, like a young like a toddler, like probably around Max's age. Maxis about two and a half, maybe a little younger, but no hat on. That and Kelson are both going, what.
Speaker 1: Are they outside? Yeah? Outside? Like what are they doing? They're going to their car? No hat? No too, Like what do we We'll just go and tell them to get these things. I never noticed. I we can watch it on Twitter. That's a good point. I just it's just now.
Speaker 4: I'm just it's the same in the summer, Kelson I were when we were at the gorge and the baking hot sun, no hat.
Speaker 1: On the kids had. I'm going, what your kid? No?
Speaker 3: This other kid? We saw other kids. Your shre protected from the heat. Just such a parent.
Speaker 1: It's just ridiculous. Okay, this weekend, not only is it Super Bowl Sunday, it's also the waste management open in Phoenix. I meant to get to this yesterday. How about this, Derek, you can roll it. Look at this robot okay. It's apparently called Eldrick the robot okay, which is of course Rick Eldrick Tiger Woods. There it is. So the robot goes to the famous par three.
Speaker 3: Hole dream shot dream shot. I mean, how incredible is that? Is it because of a computer or whatever?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I it's probably got some kind of way of figuring out the exact angle to hit the golf ball that it's going to go in the cop It's still impressive to see that a robot, a piece.
Speaker 1: Of technology, is able to hit it. It's going to lead to the EGA being full of robots. Yeah, that's true. That's a good point. It's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Robots could take over our job in the future too.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't think you need a robot robot umpires that's coming soon now, it won't be that won't be a robot behind the robot umpires umpires.
Speaker 1: When they first you know, brought forth the idea of the robot umpire, people are up on arms. You can't do that, baseball tradition. Yeah, I'm like, are you kidding me? A robot behind home plate be wicked? Big arguments the guy up by the neck, like come no, But to your point, I think that's what people worry about though, with the robotic umpire is gone or then going to be the days Aaron Boone running out on the field and getting in the face of whatever Martin, you know whatever, and that you lose that right now. Now. People also say, okay, I'll get rid of that if it means getting a strike call proper in a World Series game, right, I mean I would go for whatever is best for entertainment, and I think having you know, a human being behind home plate, Yeah, making those calls is best for entertainment. But if you have gambling now so heavily, that's a problem.
Speaker 4: Like you look and you go, man, that call is way off the plate, Like how are you like?
Speaker 1: It's it's basically subjective, right we balls and strikes? Is what's best for gambling? What's best for business? That's a good question. I think the answer is yes, yeah, that might not be what's best for entertainment. Yeah, that is impressive, by the way, I gotta say. I mean, I'm very jealous. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: Like and again at the stadium hole there at the race management, and I should mention by the way people heckling the robot.
Speaker 1: No they weren't. Now if hey, if the robot misses the green, because at that hole, if you miss the green, you get booed heavily, heavily, So I wonder would they boo the robot you have to start throwing stuff. But you know what's interesting here is that he shows this robot playing golf. Paul lind nothing that is more entertaining than anything I've seen with Paul Linn so far. I should manch it, by the way.
Speaker 4: So round one of course, yesterday, Round two today, it's ongoing, and our good pal Adam Hadwin has moved in for a tie of the lead at ten under with Thomas Dietree. He shot a sixty eight yesterday, Adam did. He's through twelve holes today and he's ten under par so.
Speaker 1: Keeping in mind who won last year, Nick Taylor.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, And by the way, we found out yesterday Quinn was telling us your son that you flipped off the middle of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: You flipped over to Nick Taylor at the waste management open. Apparently that was not a popular Okay, so you know my nephew who I call I know a lot of beaud my age. He's actually my nephew. But he agreed with me. He was all four it too city so the youngs. No, it was early in the Super Bowl. If I'm not mistaken, I think you said second quarter. We switched over to watch the end of the waste mats. Wrong with that with a Canadian winning, and you got him and I argue about this all the time. He's off base, not me. That's a bold choice because you had a lot of people there. You're in control of the remote.
Speaker 4: You know, you might have a revolt in your house if you know, if you make the wrong move.
Speaker 1: But all right, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: You might have to do it again on Sunday, and the only just keeps up with Adam Hadman back to back Canadians.
Speaker 1: PA, that's fine, okay, Uh, that's it for me.
Speaker 4: I'll save enough time for your Paul Lin clip in the next segment with John Shannon with Tuck, Canucks and NHL and much more.
Speaker 1: It's all a head, it's Sonny, No, it's the team on Jack Hey, everyone. It's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 3: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get involved with your company called two five oh eight to eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at checkmedia dot c.
Speaker 9: According to the World Book, what's the main thing we get from Honduras?
Speaker 1: You got it too.
Speaker 2: According to the New Book of Knowledge, the most important use of leather is for what.
Speaker 9: To hold animals together?
Speaker 1: Nothing like are you kidding? That is comedic gold? How do you not like that? Right?
Speaker 3: We grew up with this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't realize he left us at the age of fifty five. Paul lnt a Hollywood great on Hollywood Squares and you know who would agree with me? Brought to you by the baseide Ocean Front Resort on a Friday. We got him. You got John Shannon. I know there is he remembers Paul. How are you John?
Speaker 12: As soon as they said the word Honduras, I knew where he was gonna go.
Speaker 9: That's the magic of.
Speaker 1: Paul In.
Speaker 12: And by the way, by the way Donnie.
Speaker 3: Yep, I flipped over to the golf too.
Speaker 1: There you go, see, there you go. I'm two for two with John today.
Speaker 12: Because actually I was having during that final round. I was having a great conversation via text with his agent Chris Armstrong about Nick doing it because he had been on our show the previous week, so it was kind of it was kind of cool to watch it and make the great putt and then we then we flipped back over to the football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll see what happens. My son was the one criticizing me. He's more into golf over the past twelve months, so if this happens again, I don't think he's gonna criticize me.
Speaker 12: So let's remember. Let's remember the most famous Canadian golf victory nobody ever noticed, and that was in Legas in Legas tournament against the Salt Lake City gold medal game. Oh Canadian want right, and we won the gold medal for the first time of fifty years in hockey, and nobody knew that Ian Leggott a good Canadian boy.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 12: I think it was Tucson, I want to say too soon Phoenix one that day and nobody knew we bug them all the time about it.
Speaker 1: Well you had to remind me of that. I thank you for that. Hey, while we're on the subject of international hockey, John, I believe you tweeted something about this. Just are you feeling a buzz when it comes to the foreig Nations event? Some people aren't.
Speaker 12: No, I'm I'm getting a sense of skepticism. I'm getting, uh, a real sense of blase about it. You know, the the best on best quote is a difficult one to do when the Russians and the checks aren't there. But at the same time, I, you know, I think we have to this. This is a year of growth, and this is kind of my point what I was writing about was it's you know, it's a placeholder for what we're going to see a year from now in Italy at the Olympics. It's a placeholder for a real World Cup that will occur in twenty twenty eight and hopefully every four years after that. So I think we just, you know, and it's going to be better than any All Star game we've seen in the last you know, thirty years. So I think we should just enjoy it for what it is, because I think the players will enjoy it, and I think the players will play hard, and the moment the players are invested in it, I think we'll all be invested in it.
Speaker 3: But John, I have to say to you, I think some teams are freaking out about injuries, and I think there's you know right here Vancouver, you got the franchise defenseman might not play tough.
Speaker 12: So what you know, they voted, They voted to do this. The Vancouver Canucks voted in favor of this tournament. This is the This is their brand going to the next level as in a partnership with the players. This is not you know, Gary and Bill sitting in a corner office in New York saying we're going to defy all our teams. The teams are going to prosper with this tournament too. So this is the price of doing business, you know. I mean, we're of a vintage other than Ryan, We're of a vintage that international hockey occurred in September. Well, nobody wanted it in September anymore. They wanted it smack in the middle of the season. So we got it smack in the middle of the season, as we do with the Olympics next year and the teams bought into this. They could have voted no, but most of them voted yes. So I don't feel sorry for the teams at this point. And most importantly, Rick, the players want to play. The players want to be there because they want to go to Italy next year. They to be part of that. That's that's really what it's all about. And and so I think I actually think as as fans of the game, of people who love the game, I think we just sit back and enjoy it, and I think we're going to be in the end. I think we're going to be treated some really good hockey.
Speaker 3: John, what a week it was in Vancouver. JT. Miller was traded a week ago today we never got your thoughts and and and then another big trade, Marcus Petterson comes in, and all of a sudden, the Canucks have a lot of new bodies. They're starting to win. They're five to one to one in their last seven. Talk about the week that has been for Vancouver.
Speaker 12: Well as you guys both though, I think I've been pretty consistent. I have been a Miller fan all along. I was a huge Miller fan to a point where I almost wondered if they should have traded Peterson and not Miller. I don't know what. I don't know if Peterson was ever really put on the market. I don't know if he was, what they would have gotten back. But what I would say is the Vancouver Canucks, and by the way, the Miller trade was one thing, but they those two trades were so in sync with the fact of the first pick going back to Pittsburgh. I don't think one would have occurred without the other. So it's it's really one giant trade that helped the Canucks get faster, and it helped the Canucks get deeper. And I think the hidden gem and all of this is going to be the defenseman Mancini, who I have friends are in and around the Ranger organization just loved and I think that when he's a regular this year, but certainly next year, when he's a regular, people are going to say, Wow, that trade was a lot better than we first imagined, and it's it's going to make the Vancouver Canucks a much deeper team.
Speaker 1: Hey, John, I know you had Kevin shovel Day off on your show on Hockey your podcast the Jets GM since way back in twenty eleven, Look where they are now. What's allowed him to last so long, Well.
Speaker 12: I think he's a pretty pretty honest and pragmatic guy. With with ownership. You know, when you are in the smallest market, with the one of the lowest revenue opportunities, in the smallest building. Now in the National Hockey League, I think there are challenges and I think that the loyalty that that they have shown Kevin has gone the other way too. He's shown them a great deal of loyalty, been able to build a pretty good team over a consistent period of time. He's drafted well guys. When you look at the draft picks that are still in the organization, you know, Patrick Leone, Patrick Laney is one of the flaws of of that. But if you look again, when you look at trades, when you look at what he was able to get line, he got Dubois or line and was able to turn du Bois and get three valuable members of their hockey club. Right now, Kevin Shevell I was a pretty good hockey man, and I think that's one of the reasons why Mark Chipman and and the people that Thompson have kept him around.
Speaker 1: One more John Don Cherry. He turned ninety one on Wednesday. Is he getting into the Hockey Hall of Fame one day?
Speaker 12: I think it'll be difficult. I think, you know, I think that we're at a point where Don's reputation may hurt him. Do I believe that he's a builder of the game, Yeah, I do. I believe he's a builder of the game. But I would suggest that the politics of hockey, the politics of society in twenty twenty five, will get in his way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, happy birthday, Don Cherry. Yeah, looking good with the cake the other day.
Speaker 12: By the way, I got it, Rick, I know we gotta go now, okay, Rick, Rick, Rick got had a faux pas of all faux pause and nobody noticed.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 12: Well, when when you said Thatry Hagman played on bb I.
Speaker 3: Don't screwed up. Come on, okay, it was dream It was I dream a Genie right, yes, yes, okay, you to correct.
Speaker 1: Me, barbar.
Speaker 12: The two guys that played Darren were Dick York and Dick Sergeant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, I dream a Jeanie was so good though, Why are you laughing? John? It was a great show.
Speaker 1: Dallas was better when you're talking Gallery Haman shows Dallas Friday nights ten pm.
Speaker 12: I love coming on with you guys because you're you know, because we eighties. I'm talking about stuff we have the eighties, how about sixties.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're off by a couple of decades.
Speaker 3: My decades. The eighties, it's the best decade ever, John Best.
Speaker 12: You're the you're the type of guy that would walk into a place just like Michael Keaton did in that movie A Night Shift and certain say Barney Rubbell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Flotstones another great cartoon.
Speaker 12: Designed after what show.
Speaker 1: Honeymooners?
Speaker 3: Right, yes, Flintstones was Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, you learned something every.
Speaker 3: Day, every day, every day.
Speaker 1: We should just do a same and learn by the way.
Speaker 12: Ryan learned nothing.
Speaker 3: But he doesn't want to. He doesn't want to.
Speaker 12: Remember the phrase recency bias. When you look at Ryan, that's all you do.
Speaker 3: He thinks we're all old. He thinks we're all old.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, remember when television wasn't always in color either?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's right. Next week, John, well, we'll talk about Gene Rayburn and match Game.
Speaker 12: Okay, there have to be some stories on the back lot about all those games.
Speaker 1: Chuck Woolery, Yeah, none of which we can tell.
Speaker 12: I don't think so, so take it not about Paul Lynde.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, John, we gotta let you go. I gotta get I gotta get Ryan back. He's he's he's left Oka.
Speaker 3: He's upset too much. Eighties, seventies, sixties.
Speaker 12: Thanks great weekend boys.
Speaker 1: Thanks my friend. I appreciate it, John Shannon, you see he appreciates Paulland nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: You didn't correct me on, Larry Hagman.
Speaker 1: I think I did.
Speaker 3: No, you didn't didn't know. That's why John correct I dream Aginie. I was thinking of the other one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is more sixties, seventies, more sixties. I think we should move on, should we? Yeah? Yeah? Pull. Question we'll updated next has to do with the Canucks. I'll also talk more about their two to one overtime victory over San Jose last night. Donnie Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 8: Donnie and Dolly the Team is supported by Abelauctions dot ca A Closing your Business We Can.
Speaker 1: Help Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 3: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventory, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 1: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca A. That's sales at a b l E Auctions dot ca A. Stepping Wolf, youre not gonna know nothing. While we're going back to the sixth. You want to promost the show? Should I just had the keys over it? Well, Paul Lindy's screaming for I dreaming Genie theme, Joy God, Just we'll talk after the show. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs. It's time for the Waddling Dog poll question. Where you can enjoy the dog, where you can enjoy twenty taps, twenty screens. You're home for the conduction, UFC. Come sit and stay at the dog today.
Speaker 3: All right, Ryan, get her up. The Waddling Dog po poll question. The NHL trade Dedlin is a month today. Can you believe that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: What should the Canucks do with pending uf Brockbster.
Speaker 1: Trade them or keep them? Look at this?
Speaker 3: Oh my, oh it just changed right now. Fifty six trade them, forty four percent keep them. It's close almost two thousand votes. This one's hopping, a bomping, not stopping. Look at this this this is a good one. It's caught the imagination of the viewers.
Speaker 1: Okay, the other chapter that has to be written. When it comes to this question, I don't know if that's a proper phrase to use, but a lot of it depends on where they are playoff wise, playoff positioning wise, and nowhere near the playoffs, then unloading him is more of a possibility.
Speaker 3: And Patrick Elvin told six fifty last night, Donnie, two sides. It takes two sides to make a work. That's GM code for we're far apart.
Speaker 1: It takes two sides to make it work in a negotiation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's imagine Patrick saying that's.
Speaker 1: Get back to paul in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul ind but they got work to do. They're not close.
Speaker 1: Brock Bester, two goals in twelve games?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is? Everybody's what is? Debrask got three team? They're all struggling. Yeah, I know this team cat score goals right now, don it's it's one or two maximum three goals, that's it. It's it's a team that is not scoring anywhere near the clip of last yeares Okay, So no update on Hughes this morning. The Canucks do not practice. He did not play in San Jose last night. He's missed three straight games. Will he play against the Maple Leafs tomorrow? Don that's the big one. Will he go to the Four Nations? Another big one? He's got an oblique injury? Oblique, Ryan, You're gonna have to show the oblique guy again, just so we you know.
Speaker 1: It's side of the too.
Speaker 3: No, the ribs, at the side of the river Russo. Now, Ryan, get the get the guy up the mannequin. No whatever, diagram diagram here it is. So, this is the bleakue. This is what we're told that he's got. It's in the pelvis uh uh, Donny, rib area and so that you call for you tell me what do you mean? Do I look like a doctor? I'm telling you it's in the rib pelvis area where the rest side of the torso, side of the torso. Anyways, and Derek name side of the torso, bad name? Okay, and heys listening. He's got this oblique situation. I was told yesterday. It's a day to day, Donny. So we'll keep an eye on that. Uh. Just if he plays against Toronto tomorrow. The assumption is you'll go to the Four Nations.
Speaker 1: Unless he reaggravates things. Because Rick, the thing that you're not mentioning is that, And I get it because the focus is on the oblique situation. It's got the handage, reach has got the hands. So maybe a rest would do him good. And do the Canucks want that? Look where they are in a playoff position. You know, he injures himself at the Foreign Nations.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, you don't mind you.
Speaker 1: Then again, they're playing well without him. It's a lot going on there.
Speaker 3: He's super competitive. It's best on best and he's one of the best in the world and he's going to play with his brother. There's a lot of a lot of reasons to go down. But you got to be healthy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Thatcher Dempkoll, Drew O'Connor, and Thatcher dempko I would say stole the show for the Cannucks and maybe stole the two points or at least a single point for the Cannucks last night. Drew O'Connor. Of course, speaking of players who were unsigned, Forwards who were unsigned coming over from Pittsburgh, big fast, you can tell the talk it really really like some he gets the overtime, the rare overtime penalty shot goal. And then there's what Thatcher Dempco was up to. Looking more and more every day like Thatcher Dempko. His record in the last four starts three and one, all the other numbers just outstanding. And you know, stretching to make saves yesterday, and I think Knock fans would worry about that with the knee situation. You know, of course the back spasms as well, but he seems very, very healthy and getting back to where he was last year when he was a Vesna finalist. Here's Rick Hackett post game. We got this Derek good Rick talk at post game on another strong performance by Thatcher Demko. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the last three four weeks, just in practice, the games he's played, you know, he's he's he's getting some traction on him. He's playing really well for us. He's you know, he's a world c of class goalie. He's played a lot of great hockey games for Vancouver Cannocks, so I've always expected them to play that way. He's that good of a goaltender.
Speaker 1: You would have to think that Dempko will get the start tomorrow against the Leafs.
Speaker 3: You're hot, You're hot.
Speaker 1: He's a hot going. Nothing wrong with Kevin lancoln And but you've got that big break. You probably want your your your number one guy, your big guy, to get that start with with all that time off ahead of him.
Speaker 3: Right, Look if Thatcher dempko credit two weeks ago, three weeks ago, Donnie, he gave up sixteen, sixteen goals and four consecutive starts. Remember the game in Edmonton. Six goals and everyone's going, O, he's guy, he's done, He's trade him, he's a bum. Get rid of him, and now everybody's loving them. And you were one of those teas stop, but I was not. He's three and one in his last four. Look at this one point twenty five goals against average, nine fifty three save percentage for Dempcorn's last four. Unbelievable. That Canucks. If he continues this down the stretch, Canucks could have the best one two combo in goal in the entire league.
Speaker 1: Time Canucks Leafs four o'clock start tomorrow, Rogers Arena. I wanted to talk. I know there's a lot of talk about him, but Alex Leovetchkin, I wanted to talk about this because I actually did some work last night crunching numbers. Alex Ovechkin last night career goal eight seven nine. This was against Philadelphia Capitals win again four to three. He is within sixteen of breaking Wayne Gretzky's NHL all time goals record. Now the Capitals, who are having such a wonderful season, twenty eight games left. So I went back and I looked at Vechkin's last twenty eight games. There was an injury in there as well, the leg situation. Alexevechkin in his last twenty eight games has twenty goals. Wow. So if you know, again doing the math, which I'm not good at, here's a good chance he's going to pass it. This year. Nobody would have guessed, and he certainly nobody would have guessed when he broke his leg and he.
Speaker 3: Missed games with an injury. If you didn't miss those, yeah, I know, But what I'm glorifying what you're saying. He's missed games with the injury and he's still scoring at this pace. I did homework last night too. I got a stat for you, okay, first first of Vekin coach Glenn Henlin who's the from.
Speaker 1: Up all that is set. You didn't think I would get that.
Speaker 3: Let me finish first goal scored by Wayne Gretzky in the NHL.
Speaker 1: Len Henln, Oh that is good. Eh, that's very good, my stuff.
Speaker 3: No, he's right, Ryan, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Glenn Hanlin. Ryan's upset because we actually talked about something that happened in the sixties.
Speaker 3: Glenn Henn was in the eighties. I still remember Glen Hanlin's first shutout and he had tears. He was a great goalie, the redhead. We loved Glenn Handlin loved him in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: I remember watching him for the Brandon Wheat Kings. Oh Wow, at a Queen's Park, Queens Park Arena. Take on the that team, take on the powerful in US Prince That Brandon Wee Kings team with de Lago, prop Ray, Allison, Glenn Hanlin powerful, one of the teams that could handle the newest Bruce.
Speaker 3: Look at this Ellen stories from the seventies and eighties, and look at Ryan. He's not even looking at us. He's looking over there. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the other thing, I'm a left handed person. Glenn Handlon left one of the few left handed goaltenders in the ocular.
Speaker 3: He was so fun two of them handling in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Was that's a great stat though I do research too.
Speaker 3: Hats off, You're not the only one, buddy.
Speaker 1: No outstanding. Have we got some business?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, look at this? Look at this. Looking for a gift for a sports fan? Help on an addition to your man cave. Pastime Sports the place to visit check out the largest selection of sports remember Billy, autographed items, trading cards and possible games in Western Canada. The next in store signing Pastime Sports and Langley coming on up on the sixteenth of this month. Young Guns Canuck's Young Gun Ryan gave me this copy this morning. This is bad Kannak Young Gun. I was thinking Young Guns the tournament anyways, Kandak Young Gun Jonathan Lakaramaki details on this event up coming upcoming signing.
Speaker 1: The Run.
Speaker 3: You gotta make me read it before the show. Anyway, It's up to big. Everything's available Pastime Sports dot Ca and on their social channels Left top.
Speaker 1: I knew when I wrote that that evend trip him up to the Young Guns.
Speaker 3: Come on, you got you can't put Young Guns card.
Speaker 1: Oh the day our good pal. Gary volk Oh, you know why ront On Vancouver Bingo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Rick Vive went from Uh.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 3: Our friend Rick Vibe scored fifty goals in.
Speaker 1: Toronto to get fifty fifty and I loved Rick.
Speaker 3: When Vive and Dornego came to Vancouver, it was a big deal.
Speaker 1: You know who got his fiftieth goal against that year, Glenn Henlin.
Speaker 3: Glenn, are you sure is no?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, Rick Vibe was great.
Speaker 1: But Gary Vault did play for the Claire Alexander played for the last Tiger. Williams.
Speaker 3: Gary Butler, Gary's Balk's brother. I saw him play in the nineties in Williams Lake. I know you've talked, we gotta go, we gotta break. Okay, I want to run this, Bill Belichick. No, we gotta we gotta break.
Speaker 4: We'll stoopid dog time mo is waiting for us.
Speaker 3: Cut him off. You cut us off the other day. Could him either hear from Snoop.
Speaker 1: Dogg or moch Snoop At the time, Hey, Snoop had a good shot, Jack, it was good. Okay, we'll throw to break MoG's next. As part of dtm Z, People are upset about not hearing from Snoop dogg Donny Dolly the team on jack.
Speaker 3: House of Golf the premier destination for indoor golf in the Lower Mainland. Elegantly designed and powered by industry leading track Man technology, the facility is home to six golf simulators, offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertain friends and family, and host clients in the perfect social setting. Take your next event to another level, whether it's a birthday, staff party or a quient event. House of Golf is built the host groups of all ages and for any occasion. Cater however you see fit and let us welcome you to the great indoors. Head to House a Golf dots for more information. That is Haus of Golf Dotsia. It's eleven thirty on a Friday morning, Donnie Dona in Check TV No time for DTMZ. Brought to you by the world famous Whistler of Golf Club Cozy big Al out there, Great track, Great track.
Speaker 1: The DTMs he brought to you by the Arnold Palm designed Whistle Golf Club. Purchase any of their ten multi round packs by March one and received two free rounds for more information or to purchase online, visit whistlergolf dot com. Forward slash rates how appropriate we're talking free golf? Yeah? And who do we have on the line from New Orleans golfer, the king of free golf? Yeah, moach Bob Marjanovich down there super Bowl fifty nine doing all sorts of work for our YouTube channel, Donnyela YouTube channel, our podcast channel, moch Thanks for doing this, sir. How you doing? Hey, fellows?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 10: Just popping in on a uber as we speak. We're done here in New Orleans and en roots of Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Who isn't on your show this week? I'm looking at your Twitter fit. Nate Burlson is on your show. Ricky Williams, former Toronto argonaut is on your show. Gronk, mad Dog Russo, Jerome Bennetts. Am I missing anybody well?
Speaker 10: Mad Dog Russo or Partman Gronk was just a little snippet that we got at the media day. But everybody else we like full fledged interviews.
Speaker 1: You know what. I was talking to.
Speaker 10: Somebody today and I don't know who it was, but it was it was the fact that it's not the ones that you get, it's the ones that you don't get right and that every Super Bowl we walk away from. Everybody talks about the content, but for me, it's always the ones we didn't get. Yesterday, Doug Fluty was floating around, talked to him for five minutes as handlers are trying to get him back to us. We never did manage to hook up with Doug. Chris Myers, a good friend from Fox Sports is another one, Brian Balding or NFL Network. Plus there were other ones that were close on We're close with Devin Weatherspoon and Jackson Smith and the Jigbo the Seahawks. They almost joined us, but that didn't. That kind of fell out at the last second. So it's about the ones that you don't get sometimes at least from my perspective, rather than ones you do get.
Speaker 1: Let it go mode, You've done a great job all week and people can catch it. Hey, listen, Sakwan Barkley and I know you and I have talked about this going way back when we did the show together at the Funny Station. But such a strong year wasn't aimed most viable player, but certainly one of the finalists. Where are we with the running back position in the national Football League.
Speaker 10: Oh who was it that told us, Donnie and I should know this again. I'm sorry because it's such a blur this week when you're doing, like, you know, so many interviews. But somebody told us that they want to see Saquon excel and the reason why is they want to see the running back be the feature guy again. And they talked about how most teams, you know, will go running back by committee and they won't pay the big bucks for running backs. And they talked about the running backs, you know, trying to form their own union in these contract holdouts. But the one thing they said is they want to see Saquon just rip it up because the NFL is such a coffeecat league and they'd love to see other teams then kind of like, Okay, we've got to pay for a really good running back for we have to invest in a really good running back.
Speaker 3: Moja the Big Game Sunday. I gotta ask, Yep, what's the X factor?
Speaker 10: Oh? Great, great question, great question. Jasey Tucker now always kind of go to him, what's the X factor? We start owling about that. You know what, it's a legitimate question. You know what the X factor is? Honestly for me is to me, it's just who's going to make that big play that we're not expecting from?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: I mean, is it going to be an interception? Is it going to be a fumble recovery? Is it going to be a big return? Is there going to be somebody who steps to the forefront and makes that big player, has that big game that you're not expecting. So you know, there's plenty of candidates, there's so many stars on the team. It was a guy like but Chucko rips off one hundred and fifteen yards, I don't know. But by the end of Sunday, there's going to be that one guy that you didn't really think about that played a big role in the game.
Speaker 1: What about did you try to get an interview with Taylor Swift Mode?
Speaker 10: No, No, I'm not Taylor Swift not a big fans I'm not a big fan. I mean, I don't mind. I'm just not a fan of her music. So for me, it's I'm not a Swiftie. I mean, obviously I know people that aren't. I I don't have yeah, don't have anything. I'm talking about people in our demographic that are Because you wouldn't think people like above forty five, like you and I are dying that you know, they'd be swifties. But yeah, there's a lot of people in our.
Speaker 1: Demoi even that are quote swifties.
Speaker 10: But no, I mean it's interesting. I don't know if you guys saw Warren Did you guys see Warren Sapp walk off the set of the Zach Lieb Show?
Speaker 1: No, no, what was that about?
Speaker 10: He's doing in the area with Zach Glebe And I think Zach was CBS if I'm not mistaken, good kid, he's probably like the young kid. He's probably thirty thirty five. And they were talking. Everything was going great, and then they started talking about Michael Parks or pass thrushers out of Penn State, and Zach was like, well, Michael Parsons of Penn State. Michael Parson goes really gets like fifteen sacks and Saplock Sammon goes, he has fifteen sacks? Are you kidding me? He goes, I'm done with this, threw sat set off, walked off, pulled, you know, a prat.
Speaker 1: Basically, Oh, but he hasn't got a good report.
Speaker 10: Oh and it's funny because I've met Zach before and I walked over. I stead of all the people that I've met on radio row in twenty three years of doing this, you want to talk about as Frey would call him, And I'm being kollite here at the Donkey List, he's right at the top. Like to me, he's he's always been a fraud. He's one of those people like you know, the TV cameras on. He's all smiles and giggles and then somebody tries to approach him and he'says, you know, the world's biggest you know what. So that didn't surprise me in the least. And I was talking to Zach, but we were talking about some other things as well, But no, I mean to me, that was something that kind of popped up during the course of the week. So yeah, but you know, it's funny. I was just walking by and I hear this Canadas and he goes, vnk pert me not Cannady says, Vancouver's in the house, and it was Matt hasselback right, and we started chatting. We wound up getting Matt. And it's funny because he's got a really special relationship with doctor Jerry Ramagita and also with Rick CELEBRAINI right, and we started talking about Maclin and all that. He said, it's such a great line. Mack goes, I'm watching this game because he's a BC guy, and that's where Macklin played, right, They're both Boston college guys. And he says, and watch this game, I'm look at the CELEBRAINI can I go now, I can't be. He goes, you know, you know, like you know what it's like. And you say, hey, you're from Vancouver and hey, I know a guy named Joe and Edmonton is his cousin, right, and he goes, probably, nah, So he's just.
Speaker 1: Out of the blue.
Speaker 10: He hadn't talked to celebrati in a long time, because haven't you heard those are my kids? Right, So it's pretty funny. So Matt had a really good chuckle out of that. But yeah, but anyway, like I said, Matt Houswick, you know there's some really good people. I'll tell you a story with Nate Burlson. We had talked to his handler yesterday and he said, yeah, and he's going to come by tomorrow. He'll try and get to try to squeeze you in. And he had finished an interview in the morning probably right before noon and he was leaving and he said that we'll catch you on the other side. I said, well, we're leaving early in the afternoon, like one o'clock, so if you if you do come back for your afternoon, can we get you right at the start. And they said, yeah, no problem. And then like ten minutes later, Nate Birlson was at our table because let's just do it now. It's just to be on the safe side. And like, you know, Nate's such a cool dude. There's a guy where you know, he remembers us from the Seahawk days, and you know, we talked about all that, you know, growing up, and he talked about cal and his dad, and you know, he said, then we grew up. He says, the first jersey that they really wanted to here's a Stampeter jersey. And he goes, I didn't know the difference between the CFL, the USFL, the XFL, or the NFL. He goes, I wanted to be a stamp Peter. So and then Halfba kind of told this another story, says he only lived there for like a month when he was born. It was just like, you know, it's a lot of fun when you get these guys together and you start kind of crossing some of their stories. So yeah, we had a lot of fun with Day who was a great and of course Matt Hasselbeck as well.
Speaker 1: It's been great having you on this week, Boach. Tell people where they could find you.
Speaker 10: All right, we are going to be heard on s Fortune. That's six fifty airing tonight from seven to ten Saturday from seven to ten as well, that's at night see Facts ten seventy in Victoria for all those listeners or for me viewers on check Up in the Interior in Kelowna on AM eleven fifteen. Of course, all of our podcasts and all of our video content can be found on the Donnie and Dolly YouTube page. And before I go, guys, because this is our last hit, big showed up to Mike Whittingham, best in the business, produce sure guy putting it all together behind the scenes. And Nikowalski from the Lions, who's done all of our social media content this week. Trust me, it's not me that's posting all these clips and writing all that stuff.
Speaker 1: It's Nick.
Speaker 10: But he's done an amazing job. So big shout out to those two guys.
Speaker 1: Save travels Moches.
Speaker 10: Thanks so much, Thanks Ellas, have a great WEEKNDP you bet bobar Janovich.
Speaker 1: The Moche down at Super Bowl always.
Speaker 3: Does a great job, absolutely kills it. Nobody in Vancouver does what he does at the Super Bowl. Nobody birthdays.
Speaker 1: We had time, no time for the Snoop Dogg Clip birthdays February seventh. If I'm not mistaken, we have ten birthdays. The line is set at ten by high Fi Henrietta's Turntable Warehouse at Casino at Texas, Canada, Texas. We understand we're gonna have a new client sponsoring this segment next week, right Ryan, Yep, rock and roll. Here we go. Point guard from Victoria, Steve Predators Canadian Center spent the first sixteen seasons of his NHL career with Tampa Bay. She get it right there. Drafted first overall by the Lightning in eight He's with the Predators now number ninety one.
Speaker 3: Steve Schubcos Yes.
Speaker 1: I think you said. Oh you said Predators Canadian. It sounded like Canadians, like Montreal. Even if I said Canadian, that should give you enough. He is Canadian. There's another Predator's birthday today too. Predators Canadian Center won the Cup, the Selki and Consplit trophies in twenty nineteen with Saint Louis. Has also played for the Sabers in Avalie r Is that the one you were talking about? Yah? This is proof that you chieved. Buster Busted Derek Busted Busted Panthers, Canadian defenseman drafted first overall by Florida and fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bo I was gonna say eckblood.
Speaker 1: Bo Bobi, former NHL winger from Laval drafted first overall by Ottawa in ninety three. Alexander Dick Yes, very good Slovak winner born in Ukraine. Second all time. Oh no, I just lost my birthday year. Here we go, second all time behind alex Ovechkin. On the list of Capitol's goalscores, Mike Gardner had two fifties.
Speaker 13: He's Peter Bondra Peter Bonder, Peter Bond, Derek gunn It, actor who played Michael Kelso on that seventies American stand up comedian and actor and former SNL cast member, slapped by Will Smith at the.
Speaker 1: Academy Awards Chris Rock Christmas Rock. By the way, Will Smith for San Jose, Big time respect with that number A forward wearing the number two. I love it outstanding. Everybody goes with the high numbers. He went low, different like it. Thumbs up. Country singer, where's my music here? Oh? Sorry? Country singer and songwriter. His hits include Friends in Low Places and The Dance drafts QB out of Georgia, drafted first overall by Detroit in nine. Spent twentyve Stafford. Matt Stafford just signed a big deal. Matt Stafford did, didn't he? Yeah? Pretty sure a contract with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, didn't he.
Speaker 14: I don't think so, I think because there's all this talking about him moving on. Right, Well, my sources indicate unless I'm getting him mixed up with that, you're getting mixed up with someone you don't know. In twenty twenty two, you signed a four year extension.
Speaker 1: So well what it depends on your definition of just just all right?
Speaker 3: Just four years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I'm looking on the internet here there is nothing. Yeah, okay, Hey, you had that little statur of the year, so that was good. I know. Yeah, I'm one for two.
Speaker 3: And by the way, hey, speaking at the Glenn Handlan stuff last night, No you cheated all there's nope, Nope, nope, I knew. I knew Glenn Handlin.
Speaker 1: Now, what were you gonna do to rip into me? Nothing? Go ahead?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Nothing? So I thought there was something there. A lot of people upset with you about this hat situation. Don't tell other parents how their jobs. That that's I didn't tell them. I did. That's I think myself making the point that this just kids will rip off their hat. I get my kid does it all the time. I get it. You can. You're telling me. No, you're telling me, you out me.
Speaker 4: You're telling me you and Lisa are out for dinner, and and and something happens with a little kid over here another table.
Speaker 1: You and Lisa aren't going like, look at that kid, look at that kid. Everybody ever parent, No, I understand, I have kids. But if it's a situation like that with our kids, we had this pack, we're out of there. We leave. Yeah, my patience is not very good. No, no, just it's best for everybody. No, I know, but eat, you almost want to apologize to everybody away off with the hat. I'm not ways story, and it's not me telling you, it's everybody in our audience, I know. Is it just me coming up with if We have Time left, Axel Rose turns sixty three Thursday. He and his La Buds are gonna play us out May ninety two and the album use Your Allusion to This is Guns N' Roses and their take on Bob Dylan's Knocking on Heaven's Door on check h Voltage, Rack and Rule on a BC Friday Morning. Is it just me? Next Doney Dolly the Team a check mama'ay.
Speaker 3: Surrey mitsumis she is dropping the park on huge.
Speaker 1: Savings this month. Score up to six thousand dollars in rebates, no payments for ninety days, a free two year maintenance package, and interest rates as low as one point nine nine percent.
Speaker 3: That's Morris sister your bank account than a first line center that makes eleven point six million.
Speaker 1: Visit Surrey Mitsubishi in store at one three eight two oh one hundred and fourth Avenue in Surrey, or check out their vast selection of new and pre owned vehicles at Surrey Mitsubishi dot CA. Is it just me? Rick? Rock and roll?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: But the Four Nations is nothing tournament? I'll be really angry if Quinn Hughes goes and plays there. The team should be able to say no through their medical staff. Doug in Nanaimo, UH does not want Quinn Hueston. By the way, the rosters have to be set in Monday, two o'clock for four Nations, So that's the big day for four Nations.
Speaker 1: Is it just me? This is unsigned and I can't This is blowing my mind. Glen Hanlin was on the Blues roster, backing up Mike Leute the game Rick Vive scored his fifteen for the first time.
Speaker 3: When I hear names like Mike Leute, oh, I love that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: But the point is, I'm tell Hanlon was there for the Rick Clive he was. You were joking that I was a big Mike fan. Don Yeah. Now, and you're just saying that because he's an agent. Now he's an agent. He's a powet. But he was.
Speaker 3: He was great in the eighties. Give me a break.
Speaker 1: Had trouble with Team Canada though, all right, yeah, do you want to it's your tearing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: I would think if he was hurt, UH, the team would sit him for the Four Nations if he plays healthy. No, No Petterson. Kenan north Van talking about Petterson By the way, Patterson's hurt. Why is he going to the Four Nations? I wouldn't send.
Speaker 1: Him for Nations? Why is he playing right now? Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, I don't get it. But it's just a weird situation.
Speaker 1: Just there's just no zip in his game at all. And you know, if I I've criticized him and I get I get a hack for it. But I'm not the only one jap doot? Is it just me? Or is the Canucks decorps better than the forward group right now? Oh?
Speaker 3: Looking good?
Speaker 1: Right? I'd be deeper right and considering what's going on? Right? I know they beat San Jose dead last on the National Hockey League, but they're without Quinn Hughes and they look pretty good.
Speaker 3: How about some love for Derek Forbird he's hanging three games in the top pier with you know, Donny with heronic. You know, the defense has played really really well. Uh you just meete, But Dolly Wall's right. Words of respect for Brocky has scored the biggest goals in recent Canucks history. Hockey IQ leadership skill. What if he can't skate? Get supplementary speechters give him the eight years Dixon and Whistler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, depending on the price. There's a lot of people will feel that way. Put put me in that grip. There's more to his game than than so many people talk about his shot. He's he's expanded on his game. I respect for him. Is it just me? Robots taking over golf? Well, if that happens in hockey, at least the player interviews will have more personality. That's unsigned. That's funny, that's funny, right. You know players can laugh themselves. If they heard that, they probably laugh. Sign those text, folks, Yeah, sign guy gotta break, gotta break there, cranky. All right. We'll wrap up the show the week in the poll question next Tony dolling the team, won't you don't miss a second of Vancouver Giants hockey at the LAC this season.
Speaker 3: Watched the electrifying play of twenty twenty five draft eligible Cameron Schmid as he tears up the ice alongside NHL draft picks Connor Levis, Tyler Thorpe, and Colton Roberts.
Speaker 1: Season tickets are on sale for his low as seventeen dollars a game, or grab a flex pack available in six or twelve game packages for his low As twenty two bucks a game.
Speaker 3: Head to Vancouver Giants dot com, slast season tickets and don't miss.
Speaker 1: Out HM as we continue our campaign to get Patrick Hernandez nineteen seventy nine Smash Shit Born to Be Alive played at Rogers Arena on a regular basis. This and some paul In clips would be absolutely perfect. The entertainment package would be fabulous, and I dream of Genie clips.
Speaker 3: Pull question Ryan, get her up?
Speaker 1: Doc pull Rick, Ryan, get her up?
Speaker 3: The waterling Dog Bob poll question The NHL trade deadlines a month today? Can you believe that what should the Canucks do with the brock Besser is the UFA trade them? We'll keep them fifty five percent, they trade them forty five percent, they keep them? Twenty one votes already, it's hopping, it's popping.
Speaker 1: Photos.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I gotta do a birthday first. From Jeremy's Happy birthday to his dad, Tim, who turned seventy eight today, big fan of the show, So happy seventy eighth birthday, Tim. From Sun Jeremy, there.
Speaker 1: You go, thanks to have a great day.
Speaker 3: Both you have a great day. Both you Photos Ryan, where we're going overseas?
Speaker 1: Overseas?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people say, this is not overseas, but anyways, enjoying the show with my lovely wife from Sonny A warm Cobbo, love It Boys, Stacy and Razor Ramon Raymond Razor Raymond.
Speaker 1: People on holidays and they find time to listen to our show and listen to our show.
Speaker 3: And and it was supposed to We're supposed to get him on yesterday. Ryan ran out of time and they were listening yesterday. But they're they're they're getting it today.
Speaker 1: Ryan likes these people. You know why why they're both wearing hats in the sun. You good, you're going yourself. That's good.
Speaker 3: You can't bitch about that, Ryan, hats in the sun.
Speaker 1: That's good. Very nice picture. Where we're going right now? I don't know where this one is. You're gonna have to handle this one right.
Speaker 3: It's in Victoria, Richie and Roxy in Victoria, the team watching the team. So okay, so what's going on here? I don't know who's Richie? No, I don't know who's Richie. Who's Roxy? Is that a dog or yeah it's a dude, it's a dog. Dog.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, it's Richie and Roxy in Victoria, mister adult over there. Yeah, the team, watching the team, great photo, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Anything else?
Speaker 3: Is that it for photo?
Speaker 1: That's all We've got time for the Snoop Dog. No, we don't. It was so good. It was good. He made shows there with this you know, nineteen year old girlfriend. It was a lot of fun. It it's too long, I know. We have to get other things in, like your complaint about people who don't put hats on their babies heads. Just getting ripped by the way you are. So Canucks leaves four o'clock tomorrow. We'll see if the Canucks continue they're winning ways in a significant game. That's the last game before the four nation's face off.
Speaker 3: We'll see if Quinn hughes Pikes at the clock.
Speaker 1: Here, Ryan, yere we go. There's the music. Okay, thanks for watching, folks, really appreciate it. Have a great weekend. I'll be after Ryan, Derek, Ryan won't be his grumpy on Monday. And Rick. Everybody here at oh boy and check I'm done. You're up to dating the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dollie for all the latest show content,