Speaker 1: Jesse Jackson Junior. Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. It is thought for boking Thursday. I'm sorry, it is Wealthy Wednesdays with Doctor P. L. De Silva, where we will be in the world House and worldwide with pl da Silva. Doctor de Silva has over twenty years experience backroom diplomacy, mediation and negotiation. He has taught politics international relations in several graduate undergraduate programs at universities in New York, New Jersey, Long Island and Queen's University in Belfast in Northern Ireland. Doctor de Silva's publications include post modern Insurgencies, political Violence, Identity Formation and Peacemaking and Comparative Perspective. He is the co founder, with Professor W. D. Lakshman, former Vice Chancellor of the University of Colombo, of the International War Related Trauma and Humanitarian Intervention Trust, setting up psychosocial training programs for practitioners serving combatants non combatants during the Sri Lanka Civil War. Doctor de Silva, Welcome forward to the Jeff Jackson Junior Show. Very good to be on the show, Jesse. I'm particularly honored that you are here today and so grateful, Doctor de Silva. So much is going on in the world, and I know that I'm going to be bringing our guest up in just a moment, but I want to get your initial take on what's taking place. The Danish Prime Minister as well as the foreign Minister of Greenland met with the President of the United States today along with Marco Rubio around at least from my perspective, the outlandish idea that the President of the United States wants to add the green territory to the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Your initial thoughts, Yes, it's extremely worrying and we could actually see the dismantling of NATO if actually US troops moved to take, you.
Speaker 3: Know, military control of Greenland. There are US troops, you know, a small number of troops in the US space program in NUK, north of NUK, which is the capital of Iceland. And I'm wondering because my question is who would benefit if NATO collapses. That's the question I want to leave our our our audience with who would who would benefit? Who'd be happy to see NATO disappear? Because if the US and European allies start squabbling over Greenland, that will be the net outcome.
Speaker 1: On in Vladimir Putin would be the beneficiary of the collapse of the North American Treaty Organization. That's my opinion, but I'm sure we'll delve into it further. Doctor de Silva has brought with him a very special guest, Doctor Hania the Cock, is the head of the Policy and Laison Unit with the United Nations Population Fund Humanitarian Office. Doctor de Cock provides you and f PA Country and Regional office with advice on policy coordination and technical support related to humanitarian preparedness, emergency response, disaster risk reduction, recovery and resilience. Her goal and role is to advance gender equality, to promote sexual and reproductive health and rights, including minstrel health, mental health and psychosocial support, and to prevent and respond to gender based violence issues in humanitarian settings and across humanitarian development and peace nexus. Before joining the UN in June of two thousand and four, Doctor de Cock was the Field Director or the Director of Relief and Development Programs with the International Medical Corps. She managed and developed the technical aspect of service delivery programming to improve quality of care within im global programs in relief and development settings. Throughout Africa, Central Asia, Middle East, Southeast Asia. She's also worked as Technical Advisor for the Reproductive Health and Conflict in the Conflict Consortium, providing technical advice and training to projects implemented in nine countries across conflict and post conflict situations around the globe. Doctor the Clock looking forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show and the great Doctor Piel de Silvakay.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you Jesse, and thank you pl.
Speaker 5: I really enjoy having both of you and listening to both of you because you also bring a lot of good perspectives.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for posting.
Speaker 1: Doctor Cok. I know we're going to get into some more critical issues when we come forward after our break, but we have about a minute and thirty seconds. I'd like to post the same question to you. Your thoughts about the United States and its idea that somehow Greenland or Greenland is a territory that it must have as part of our regional security.
Speaker 5: I think it's very difficult question at the moment because there is some sort of how to say, our word order at the moment, and this word order is collapsing. This is what it is, you know, sovereignty of States. You know, all of this, the NATO issues game. Most probably also Vladimir Putin will be very happy to see NEO collapse. So I think it's very difficult to really understand what is the the end game of this, you know, what is behind all of this. In the end of the day, we want to see prosperity for all and it is definitely you know, I mean, the trade issues are going to be very, very difficult with this type of situation where you have one country overseeing the global.
Speaker 1: Order over I am. I'm profoundly struck by it. And I see one long story that President Barack Obama was obviously very concerned about and everyone who's fought against Donald Trump, including the various investigations that he's been in, that something was a foot on a scale that we couldn't imagine and we may be looking at it come to fruition as we speak today. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior listening to Jesse Jackson Junior Show. We have two very special guests today, doctor pi Aldo Silva and doctor and to Kok. Will be more from the Jesse Jackson Genie Show when we come forward on KBLA Top fifty. Jackson to welcome you word to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show worldwide with appel to so I'm veras guest doctor Henniett Takak, and I wanted to ask let me first at the stage. The United Nations Relief and Workers Agency for Palestinian Refugees in the Near East, or better known by its acronym you RWA, is a UN agency established in nineteen forty nine to provide humanitarian aid and development assistance to Palestinian refugees in the Middle East, supporting millions with education, health care, and social services in the Gaza, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria, funded primarily by voluntary contributions from UN member states. What they do They provide primary and vocational education. They deliver primary health care services, offer a social safety net, budd assistant and emergency support. They provide infrastructure by improving camps and essential infrastructure, and micro finance by providing small loans to refugees. And I want to talk with doctor the COC about the practical issues facing you and RW and other UN agencies when delivering humanitarian aid and assistance in the Gaza. Doctor de Cock, this is our longest segment about twenty minutes. Please take your time and share with us your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Jesse.
Speaker 5: I think is facing a lot of challenges, especially in Gaza and the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Speaker 4: So as you know.
Speaker 5: Or you and Refugee Work Agency for Palestinians has been established since nineteen forty nine and it actually services around five point nine million refugee Palestinian refugees across the globe. So it's not only that they are in West Bank, Gaza and Jerusalem. They also support programs in Jordan and in Lebanon and in Syria, and so there's so many refugee camps still around the world in this until this moment that are you know, like they were born from refugees and they are the off offsprings of refugees. So it's never going to go away, you know. It's there is a right issue. There is a right for these people to have support based on the UN resolution General Assembly resolution in nineteen forty nine. And it is not only that they do the medical services or the health services, they also do food distribution and since you know, like since January, they haven't been able to do any food distribution in Gaza, for example, this just gives you an example of the magnitude of problems that Palestinian refugees in Gaza are facing. And Gaza is seventy five percent of the population of Gaza is refugees.
Speaker 4: Also, so it's not.
Speaker 5: Only that there are population who is indigenous to Gaza, but there are refugees from nineteen forty eight who are still in Gaza and Gaza Strip who are living there. And they are now the two million that have been you know, bombarded NonStop for the last two years, eight hundred and something days of bombardment and some yellow lines and green lines here and green lines there.
Speaker 4: They are not getting humanitarian assistance as they should be.
Speaker 1: And then let me ask you a quick question if I mind. And then just for clarity, you're saying that there are refugees within the Gaza Strip who are Gazans, but you're also suggesting that the global diaspora has also absorbed in camps a Palestinian or specifically Guzens, who may outnumber the actual number of Gusens who are in the Gaza Strip, who are actually in refugee camps around the world.
Speaker 5: Yes, they do, you know. For example, let us let's give me. Let me give you an example. There were a lot of guzzen in Libya before the Libya crisis, and they were stuck that nobody once wanted them, you know, they were not need Egypt will not allow them in and they will not be able to go to Gaza because Israel will not allow them in. So they were stuck in refugee camps for a long period of time.
Speaker 1: Doctor to Silva.
Speaker 3: Yes, So, doctor Dukak is born and bred in Jerusalem. She's from Jerusalem, She's a Palestinian. She studied her medicine in doughnut Skin Eastern Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Speaks fluent Russian.
Speaker 3: She knows the humanitarian situation extremely well. And I'm very happy that she's here as somebody who has, you know, on the ground experience to talk about the situation of the Palestinians. We need Palestinians to talk about Palestinian issues, and I'm very happy to have doctor Dakak here with us today.
Speaker 1: I think Doctor I want to add that for many of us, we all witnessed obviously the events that occurred on October seventh and what they represented in terms of the war on Hamas that ensued, but the world I don't believe, at least initially it may have, has not turned its back on the idea of the humanitarians suffering that is taking place in the Gaza for innocent civilian women and children. Can you share with us the nature of the of the crime just as it exists today in the concerns that you have.
Speaker 5: You know, let me just say, it's winter now in that region, okay, and you are talking about seventy five percent of buildings and public buildings and houses have been destroyed, totally destroyed, totally, you know, whipped off. So people are living outside like really under the elements of nature. So imagine when it is raining and you have children, newborns, women who are pregnant, who could be you know what I mean, in this type of situation where water is flooding them, you know, because they are intents and water is flooding the tents because they are almost on the brink of the water. We are talking about two million people living in a very very small piece of land and they are on top of each other, and it's there is no heat, there is no electricity, there is no running water. You know, everything has to be bring brought in, tracked in no medication. Hospitals are barely you know, functioning, none of them, if like even on hospitals and clinics only for are functioning at the moment out of like maybe there were twenty seven before this crisis, or thirty seven before this crisis. So you are you are talking about people in extreme you're like food like insecurity, because we all have seen it's you know, the malnutrition is skyrocketing. We are seeing women dying in childbirths when we shouldn't see any woman dying in childbirths, especially that we are talking about small piece of land. But all these you know, security lines and incursions and attacks on healthcare workers and on humanitarian workers.
Speaker 4: Don't forget that more than.
Speaker 5: Three hundred and eighty nine people were killed who are uneras staff in Gaza and humanitarian worker that were targeted and killed. So you are talking about you're like a need for more services, but the people who provide the services are limited. Plus nothing is coming in in the amount that it should come in. You know, like Gaza would need five hundred trucks every day and they are not getting even one hundred truck every day, and it has to go through security checks and everything has to go out and then come in because everything has to be checked. You cannot even get an oxygen cylender for a hospital to go to go.
Speaker 1: And yeah, let me share with our listeners for moments I can help them understand exactly what you just said. The example I'm going to give you, those of us who are those of you who are listening to our program today is an imperfect example. There's no doubt about it. I'm not going to compare one group's pain or misery over and against another person's pain or misery, but I want to make it crystal clear what I think I just heard doctor Decoq describe. She described the conditions in the super Dome during Hurricane Katrina. That people are living on top of each other in the most unsanitary and unprotected of conditions, Unable to get food, unable to get a cylinder for people who cannot breathe, unable to get dialysis, unable to get medical care, pregnant women unable to get maternal care, and the government not functioning, turning its back on people in damp, humid, wet, and even cold in the case of Katrina hot conditions. I wanted to bring Ania our listeners into the description for what they've experienced and their relatives experienced here in that small, isolated space which I saw on a documentary just a few short days ago, because I think everything that you shared with me in that description, save for the fact that the people of New Orleans were not bombed into that condition, which is even more traumatic. Go ahead, doctor Hennia, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, you know, thank you.
Speaker 5: You know, we are talking about, you know, like you know, a catastrophic situation. Really, every UN PERSONNAL who has gone international I'm not talking even about Palestinian International who gone into Gaza, they have said this is like doomsday scenario, you know, like it's like really so bad that it is impossible for anybody to understand the magnitude of the suffering that people are having to deal with. And we are talking about civilian population mostly, you know what I mean, Like, like, as you said, Hamas is a small portion of the population. The population is Palestinian civilian population who are refugees. They are not you know, freedom fighters or whatever it is what we want to call it. They are civilian population. They are teachers, doctors, you know, health workers, shopkeepers, whatever, you know what I mean, whatever they have to do. They are farmers, agricultural workers. They are all suffering. There is not enough food in Gaza, for example, for sure, you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, there is not enough material to build.
Speaker 5: Also, you know, you are talking about even getting materials for rebuilding of Gaza, which basically was promised that they will rebuild Gaza and rebuild Gaza better. There is nothing coming in and the population is in dire need of everything. Plus you know, the climate condition at the moment is just dramatic. No sanitation, no medical care, no food enough, no schools working enough, you know, because like that most of the schools have been destroyed and Honora schools actually have been destroyed and targeted. And on top of that, even the schools that are currently available, they are hosting refugees. People are trying to stay there because at least they will be.
Speaker 4: Better in this type of conditions.
Speaker 5: So I really feel that we really need to focus again on Gaza because people think, you know, because all the ceasfire is happening.
Speaker 4: People are not being killed.
Speaker 5: People are being killed on a daily basis still at the moment. And at the same time, it's not only they are killed in Gaza, they are also killed in the West Bank. So and this is going to continue because more than one thousand people were killed in the West Bank just you know, in the last two years since the.
Speaker 4: War broke between Hannas and Israel.
Speaker 1: Over from my side, I'm Jesse Jackson Junior. You're listening to Worldwide with pl the Silva are very special. Guest is doctor Hennia Tacack. We have more to discuss on the Jesse Jackson Junior Show regarding the condition of the Palestinian It's in the Gaza Strip, and I'd like to also pose the question when we come forward about any reconstruction efforts doctor de Silva that might be being discussed in terms of providing the Palestinians with some level of civilized living, including but not limited to the construction or the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip on the scale that will probably require the entire world community's involvement. I'm Jesse Jackson Jr. You're listening to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KBLA Talk fifteen to eighty more with doctor Peel da Silva and doctor Aniadcock. When we come forward, I'm Jesse Junior.
Speaker 4: Welcome forward.
Speaker 1: To the Jesse Jackson Junior show on Wealthy Wednesday is our very special regular contributor, Doctor Peel da Silva is with us and also our very special guest, doctor Henia the Cock. Doctor de Cock has been doing a lot of work with Palastinian She's a Palestinian doctor and when we think about Palestinian refugees, particularly the most vulnerable amongst the Palestinian refugees, women and children. There's also a role for the United Nations in that I want to ask doctor Decock about some of the practical issues that delivering the following services are in the camps UNFPA. The United Nations Population Fund is the uns sexual and reproductive health agency working globally to ensure every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe, and every young person's potential is fulfilled by providing reproductive health services, promoting gender equality, and addressing population issues like family planning, maternal health, and gender based violence. Established in nineteen sixty nine, it supports countries in improving reproductive health, collecting population data, and empowering women and youth with goals including indo provenalvinable maternal deaths and harmful practices like FGM and child marriage. I'm wondering doctor Decc what some of the practical issues use are the UNFPA needs to overcome the delivery, productive and midwifery health services for Palestinian one.
Speaker 4: Thank you Jesse.
Speaker 5: There are many elements that UNFPA provide in humanitarian setting maternal services for example, making sure that women can deliver safely and with no infection and being able to get life saving emergence of cetric care. So we work on many levels. So at the level of like let us say a midwife supporting a woman in childbirth, plus you know, making sure that if the woman has complicated pregnancy and need to deliver urgently, then there is emergency of cefect care available so that we can do a cesarean section and be able to deliver the baby safely and also save the woman's life. So for u NFPA, getting the medical supplies in and having the trained personnel are very very essential.
Speaker 4: They are really life saving in that sense.
Speaker 5: So even the basics at the moment are not available in Gaza, so it's very important that UNFPA gets all these supplies inside Gaza.
Speaker 4: In order to basically be able to.
Speaker 5: Save lives, the woman's life and the child lives. But at the same time, you know, there are maybe women who don't want to have kids at this moment, so that's at the same time, if the woman needs family planning device or tablets or pills, that the pills are available and it's available for them.
Speaker 4: If we are talking.
Speaker 5: About women who are you know, like exposed to sexual violence or gender based violence, they have to have the minimum you know, elements of making sure.
Speaker 4: That we uh.
Speaker 5: Stop any infection from happening, making sure that you know, we provide PROFILEXIS for HIV AIDS, you know, all of these things you know that needs to be provided, plus provide psychosocial support and psychological care for these women. Uh. And this process is not going to be one day, two days, or you know, one time. It has to be continuous for a period of time in order to ensure that these uh women.
Speaker 4: Have the care they need.
Speaker 5: So definitely we support medical doctors, health professionals, personnel, midwives, nurses in order to do their work. We support mobile health teams. At the moment, as you know, all the health facilities have been destroyed or you know, totally and functioning at the moment, so we are doing mobile teams that goes out and support the women and really provide maternal health and newborn health because also you don't forget that a lot of the newborns need attention also because otherwise they will die from currently because of the weather, they will die from hypothermia, you know, from something which basically should not happen in this time and age that we have children dying from hypothermia or because they got an infection and they have.
Speaker 4: Tetanos or something like that.
Speaker 5: So we need to make sure that these supplies are available, and so UNFA provide emergency reproductive health kids which are prepositioned, you know, they are proposed. So they are big kits. They are not small things that you carry on. They are really.
Speaker 4: One ton type of like big supplies.
Speaker 5: Everything that you need for a c section, everything that you need to resuscitate the baby, incubators, ultra sounds, all of this type of things that you would enable a medical personnel to provide the support, ivy fluids, all of this, antibiotics for dealing with any infections. All of this needs to be provided for women in this type of situation. So it's very important that we deal with all of this at the same time we prevent sexual violence and gender based violence from happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I want to answer the question that you asked me in the previous segment. So, Gaza's reconstruction is a monumental, decades long challenge, and it's facing immense rubble, you know, the clearing of rubble. There's more than fifty million tons of rubble which are laced with explosives that has to be cleared. Okay, that's going to take a long time. You can't snap your fingers in the White House and think that it's going to get done. No, it's going to take a long long time. Can you imagine more than fifty million tons. Then there's a massive funding need. The estimation is more than seventy billion dollars is needed. And because of the severe infrastructure damage right and the restricted aid access which doctor Henna was talking about, and the political instability caused by the Israelis with urgent need as she said, for shelter, food, water, sanitation, and medical care. So these are the hurdles that need to be overcome. Also, security concerns for Palestinians who are getting killed every day, you know, despite the so called ceasefire and governance issues. You know, who's going to take over and run Gaza. These are critical issues that need to be taken into account and we have to start, you know, initially the massive debris removal and the temporary housing that's needed, Okay, and these are the immediate focus, and then the long term rebuilding faces major roadblocks and debates put forward by the Israelis and an unhelpful Trump administration. So if you look at the housing crisis, over sixty percent of housing is destroyed and beyond repair. It had, Yeah, it displaced nearly two million people into inadequate tents and shelters. And this is according to a RAND report, the IRC International Rescue Committee and doctor Henry Dukka, who has been on the ground. The rebel, as I said, is millions of tons of debris laced with unexploded ordnance. It must be cleared, a process that alone could take years, and that is said by the Brookings Institute and un sources. Right, and the infrastructure collapsed, the critical systems for water, sanitation, electricity, healthcare and education that needs to be rebuilt. Er, it's just terrible, it's horrendous what the Palestinians have been subjected.
Speaker 1: We're going to pick back up on this when we come forward. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior listening to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty more. Will we come forward on KBLA Sport to Jesse Jackson Show, KPL Talk fifteen eighty. This is worldwide with Peel the Silver. Doctor Peel the Silver is a scholar, a operative within very backroom diplomatic relationships across the entire globe, resolving conflict, bringing people together and doing the necessary leg work that oftentimes people don't get credit for. I'm particularly honored on this particular session of our show, the doctor Hania de Cock, one of his close and dear friends, is with us on the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. Doctor Desilver and doctor de Cock, welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. Thank you, Thank you, Jesse, Thank you, Jesse.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say something.
Speaker 1: You were saying something about reconstruction.
Speaker 3: You were finishing your right, so I wanted to give you a sense of the time frame. Right experts in reconstruction predicting that it could take over eighty years in total, so between sixteen to eighty years. That's the time frame for reconstruction, eighty years. You and I will be dead and gone by then. Sixteen to eighty years.
Speaker 1: I plan to be here, Pl, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: That's how long it's going to go. And if you look at the costs, it's suggesting that it's seventy billion, and fifteen billion is just for housing, and the immediate stuff that needs to do is to remove the debris. Okay, give cash for work for people, right because they have no money and established temporary housing and they require stability and cooperation. The long term vision is, as I said, sixteen to eighty years, and that is the scenario that we have faced. That's the terrible cruelty that has been done to the Palestinian people, the original people in Palestine.
Speaker 1: You know, in this moment, I'm thinking that that given what Jared Kushner has said and what the President has spoken to on occasion, it's clear increasingly PL that this was deliberate, that the destruction of infrastructure for the Palestinian people was to essentially ad next to Gaza into the state of Israel, yes, and relocate the Palestinians altogether. Your thoughts on that extreme.
Speaker 3: Example, they want to create an exodus, but an exodus of the Palestinians out of their original homeland Palestine. And that's what has happened since nineteen forty eight. We've had various episodic issues of violence against the Palestinian to depopulate Palestine. Because if you give the same right of return that Israelis have to come back to Israel, if you give that to the Palestinians, the Palestinians would be by and large the majority of the people who return. They have oh family. But the Israelis don't give Palestinians the right of return, and this is part of the problem. These are huge structural problems, and the Israelis are not respecting international law or the United Nations, and the United States has been aiding and abetting them, together with their European allies, ever since Israel was established. Why should the Palestinians pay for the guilt of the Europeans for the Holocaust. The Palestinians had nothing to do with the Holocaust, or the Nazis or the terrible things that were done to Jews in Europe.
Speaker 1: I am I am completely struck just by the length of time that is required in order to reconstruct what has what has taken place systematically in the Gaza. I'm gonna have to reflect on it for quite some time. Doctor the Cock, Is there anything else that you want to add that our listeners should understand about the nature of the crisis.
Speaker 5: I think at the moment, people really should watch what's happening in Gaza currently and continue supporting people to really uh be able to reconstruct and rebuild Gaza.
Speaker 4: Gaza is one.
Speaker 5: Of the like all the ancient ancient cities in the world, you know what I mean, it's uh it has Christian, Muslim and Jews, you know, people who live there for centuries. And it's very important that like a cultural city like Gaza should go to ruins the way we have seen it. And I think what we need is hope, hope for peace, hope for reconstruction, people being able to build, to live safely and rebuild because at the moment, there is no place is safe in Gaza. There is no place is safe, you know. I you know, you have drones over there people's head on a daily basis. People could not sleep during you know, the attacks because of the drones.
Speaker 4: So imagine you know, it's a technological war.
Speaker 5: It's not only a war because of you know, like the bombs, and it's a technological you know, like they could target any person now through the cell phone, through no messages, all of that. It's very very difficult for people to live unless they feel some sort of safety. And at the same time, people don't want to leave Gaza. They really want to remain. They want to be rebuilt and they want to live in peace and safely, and we cannot do that if.
Speaker 4: This is going to continue being you know, like there is.
Speaker 5: A yellow line and you don't know where's that yellow lines like ends or start because nobody can see it.
Speaker 4: You know, there is no lines.
Speaker 5: It's just it's a line that is drawn on a daily basis based on different intelligence. And it's really becoming very very difficult for people.
Speaker 4: And I want people to not forget. There is also the West Bank. It's not the annexation of Gaza.
Speaker 5: It's what's happening in the West Bank at the moment, and what's happening even in Jerusalem. So recently a clinic that is supported by it's an CLINICU and clinic actually was shut down in Jerusalem and you know, was not being able to like to to to support the refugees who are living in the surrounding of Jerusalem area. So this is just to give you an example of the daily struggles that people are living. There is like like a check points everywhere. People cannot move from one place to another. People have been like pushed out different times. They have like people are pushed out from Ginea and refugee camp, from two Kent refugee camps. So it's not about you know, only Gaza. I think people need to really open their eyes and see what's happening to the Palestinia across Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza.
Speaker 1: Including the settlements. I do want to ask this question. I know that we have about three minutes before we come forward, and I think I think pl or maybe even Ania will be with us for just another moment or so. In the next segment, what about the security security concerns on the ground. Now that much of the conflict, at least as I understand it is over and it seems to be some movement towards peace. Are we talking about a UN presence? Are we talking about an international presence to provide security for the Palestinians. We have about about a little more than a minute. In forty five seconds, what are we talking about in terms of security for the people while eighty or fifty million tons of concrete, greebar and mortar is moved. Either one of you please.
Speaker 4: Maybe p l will start and then I will finish Piel.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So the thing is this security. You know, the Israelis always talk about security. They are the aggressors, but they have this victim victimhood mentality saying no, no, no, we are the victims. We're killing the Palestinis, but we are the victims. And that's the kind of security scenario that we are saying. And nobody from the noble United States or the Western countries, apart from say, Spain and a few others, are saying anything to call this into question. Where is the safety and the security? The United Nations was built on the ashes of World War Two to provide peace and security for peoples across the world, so that we will not go into a situation that we saw during World War Two where people were simply slaughtered by the Nazis and the fascists in Italy. So that is that is the fulcrum of all of this. Who is going to guarantee peace, safety and security for the Palestinian peoples.
Speaker 1: I'm Jesse Jackson Jr. Doctor Ania Tacac and doctor Pild de Silva are going to join me for another segment or two in the next hour. I'm particularly grateful that they're here today. On KBLA Talk fifteen eighty More We Come Forward. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior. It's Wealthy Wednesdays on The Jesse Jackson Junior Show. More on KBLA Talk fifteen eight