Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He.
Speaker 1: Rid Ryan.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Yeah, it's another throwback Thursday, Wakey, wakey, hands off snaky. I got five fifty eight right now, so I guess the headline for us on the show Read My Lips.
Speaker 1: Craig Pickett is the man's name.
Speaker 3: He's coming down to play a live version of Reading My Lips. We've invited him. He applied over the last couple of days and Chili picked him to take him on Read My Lips Chili versus Craig at eight twenty this morning to.
Speaker 1: Win Buzzfest tickets too.
Speaker 3: We got Tom going for winn number two with the fresh out of bad Head to a Head challenge where the hell has tompin? Tom's back in our Lives and that's all that matters, all right. Coheed and Cambria taking back Sunday that tour announced whin them before they go on sale Friday. I've got tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback. Papa Road drives against tickets at seven twenty. I'll hit my mark today one thousand dollars. Alternative Income listen for that keyword to enter into the onto the Buzz dot com. We'll give you that opportunity closer to around ninety ten, and then we'll leave you with some ghost tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I know that we're gearing up for this big freeze and maybe some people are saying the word snow.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's gonna happen, but not today.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of Rate Partley, Cloudy Hives sixty four.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex.
Speaker 3: Sad news today to start out with with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning ride and good morning home run. Yeah, very sad news to start us off with. At Brazilia County Deputy Jesse Vargas has died after being shot in Houston yesterday. The shooting carried on stell Link Road near the six ' ten Loop. Robert Lee Davis, the third, was identified as the shooter and it began an hour's long manhunt. Davis was later located in a dumpster not too far from the crime scene. He then shot a canine officer twice before being killed by law enforcement. The Cannan officer, named Rocky, was last reported to be in stable condition. But just absolutely terrible news to start your day. I know a lot of us got that blue alert on our phones during the afternoon and when.
Speaker 1: That all happened. Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: There's a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas that it was awaiting final approval. It would involve the release of hostages and prisoners and would also bring relief to the hard hit Gayza strip and other news. Some people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and twenty three percent of American adults say that it is their favorite meal of the day, but ten percent of those people say that they scarf down their breakfast down in less than five minutes.
Speaker 1: You don't even eat breakfast, dude. I do eat breakfast. You don't know.
Speaker 4: I bring these little like mini muffins and then I wolf them down in less than five minutes while I'm doing some productions.
Speaker 3: So you're the guy that breakfast doesn't take even longer than five minutes for you.
Speaker 4: At work, it doesn't like on weekends, I like some baky and eggs. I like doing that. That's fun and I can enjoy in it. But when it's work, it's like I need I need the fuel. I eat for fuel, not for fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: I stand there and eat my English muffet in the morning and I'm doing other things, emptying the dishwasher or something. In the morning.
Speaker 4: I need the I need the food, but I gotta get it done fast because I don't have time.
Speaker 3: I mean, it takes eight minutes to cook my English muffet. Is that eating breakfast or.
Speaker 1: Is I think that that goes into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it takes eight minutes in the toaster oven that for that englishmuffet to get done.
Speaker 4: So thirty four percent of people say that they eat their breakfast about ten minutes. That seems probably more normal than thirty three percent to say it takes eleven to twenty minutes eat, while another fourteen percent says it takes them thirty minutes. At least only one percent of people in this survey say they devote a full hour to their first meal of the day. And a big reason for people eating so fast is that most people say they eat alone or on the go, So I think we.
Speaker 1: Check out both of those.
Speaker 4: Drake is suing his own record label for defamation because they promoted Kendrick Lamar's distrack Not Like Us, which you're listening to right now it calls Drake a pedophile, and his lawsuit, Drake claims that Universal Records quote approved, published, and launched a campaign to create a viral hit out of the song, and then it was quote intended to convey the specific, unmistakable and false factual allegations that Drake is a pedophile and to suggest that the public should resort to vigilante justice in response. The lawsuit also alleges that Universal intentionally sought to turn Drake into a pariah, a target for harassment were worse.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What's going to come out of this, but Drake seems like he lost the rap battle.
Speaker 3: I would say that. I would say so, I would agree to that. Now we have Dave rollsiding. Yeah, we were just talking about this earlier this week.
Speaker 1: We were like, he's been in mia for a long time.
Speaker 4: Obviously we understand why, but he is now back in the limelight. On Tuesday, he spent his birthday cooking and serving Chile to firefighters and frontline workers in the wake of the California fires. He was volunteering with Feed the Streets in Los Angeles, which is a group and he's been helping out for years.
Speaker 1: But good to see.
Speaker 4: Him back out, not necessarily in the spotlight, but he's trying to help people. Yeah, you can't hate on.
Speaker 1: A guy, I know what.
Speaker 4: You can say whatever you want about all the other stuff that happened, but he's trying to help people.
Speaker 3: And that's TMZ getting pictures of him. Dave Roll doesn't bring out a film crew.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh, hey, look at me.
Speaker 3: Dave Groll's not posting that he was out.
Speaker 1: The few fighters didn't post. Yeah, none of that was him reporting it or anything.
Speaker 3: That's people seeing him out and taking pictures him just trying to help out.
Speaker 4: In basketball, Rocket's hottest team in the league right now. They got another win last night, beating the Nuggets one twenty eight to one oh eight. Jalen Green had thirty four points in the night to lead all players in scoring. Rockets now have got that fifth straight win. Tonight, they're going to be in Sacramento to take on the Kings. They're three and a half point underdogs in that one. Tip off is at nine and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's go, man four hours of Pain, Lots of stuff for you on Links and Guests today, Throwback Thursday. I'll be asking you to go over to Links and Guests and vote this morning, lots of stuff to announce.
Speaker 1: Do me a favor.
Speaker 3: Go look at Links and Guests and see all the stuff that Chiley put up because we got some things.
Speaker 1: Going on with Love Street Blonde and.
Speaker 3: The quote unquote the big game coming up.
Speaker 1: Does he have stuff up for Valentine's Day already? Yeah? I guess he does. Please for mile of meat, Oh my god. Ok, all right, there's lots to talk about today.
Speaker 3: Strap yourselves in four hours of Pain. We want you to join us.
Speaker 1: For all of it.
Speaker 3: If you want the first phone call, come get it. Seven one, three, two, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Oh yeah, ninety four or five. The buzz started down with Si Mikeybiss. Welcome to the show, everybody. Throwback Thursday, It sticks to Graham Thursday. We're planning read my lips today. There's a ton of stuff for you on Links and Guests. Have already instructed you to kind of Oh I've asked you, I've asked you. Please go and check out a lot of work's been done behind the scenes here to get some of this stuff ready for you, guys. So we've got a lot of things to talk about today on the show. The four hours is absolutely going to fly by on this Thursday, January sixteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, this looks like maybe the last nice day.
Speaker 3: You know, before we started talking about you know, freezing, and I can only imagine tomorrow we're gonna be talking about that gd grid, the power grid.
Speaker 1: I swear Urcott, I swear to God.
Speaker 3: Did I feel like I went eighteen years here never hearing about urkot, and then all of a sudden here, and all of a sudden, now I got.
Speaker 1: To worry about the power and the grid of the entire state.
Speaker 3: Today we're fine, okay, ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of sixty four. We're good here, I should say. But that's what we're concerned with. We're gonna be busy today, guys. Tom came back into our lives. He hasn't played in a number of years. He's going for win number two in the fresh out of bed head to head, I brought in some new fun facts for you today, And like I said, don't bury the headline. We're allowing you, a listener of The Rod Ryan Show to come down and play read my lips. Taking on Chile today will be Craig Pickett. I recognize the name. I wonder if I if we've come across him before. It's a familiar name to make.
Speaker 1: Short for Craigory, Craigory.
Speaker 3: I don't think craig is ever short for Craigary.
Speaker 1: Not rule it out.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. But if he pulled a little Creigory today, that'd be crazy. I would think beating Chili would be he'd be pulling Craigory.
Speaker 1: Would I would guess that would be as well.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play that game at A twenty this morning, Alternative Income at nine ten, Ghost Tickets on Know the Show.
Speaker 5: It's no time for the first phone.
Speaker 1: Call of the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey Jeffrey, good morning, good morning. Uh hey Jeffrey, what do you got to start us off today?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Nothing, I just wanted to note that there was also another officer killed in Annesota.
Speaker 8: Oh geez, your head on collision high spease.
Speaker 3: When did this happen?
Speaker 8: It happened yesterday at three o'clock.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I didn't see that, Jeffrey, I'm sorry, I didn't. Did you have some connection to this?
Speaker 7: I have family and anisoda and the dispatcher is my brother's girlfriend.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, it sucks that we're waking up to this news today. Officer shot last night here in Houston. Guy shot the dog. The dog is doing I don't know, dogs and stable condition right now?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we come in here and we got all these things planned and you want to keep it light, tight and bright, but you just can't stick your head in the sand some of the things that are that are going on. So we are covering these things. Jeffrey, thank you for that. I'm sorry, I did not see that.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that at all this morning. So we'll.
Speaker 3: We'll add that to our story. Maybe some great news landed yesterday. The Israel and Hamas finally agreed to some sort of a ceasefire. So you know, I'm not getting caught up on who's taking credit for doing that or whatever, but it seemed like.
Speaker 1: It was good news, so I was.
Speaker 3: I guess I have to see that some of that stuff going on as well, and I know we're talking about that. Let me take a short break.
Speaker 1: When we come back.
Speaker 3: We've got a reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for this fresh out of bed head to head does.
Speaker 1: Rock and Al Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 10: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: That's us.
Speaker 3: Good morning, home room. I appreciate your attendance this morning. Have you had a chance to go look at links and guests today? Very busy, it's very very busy. Need you to vote to throw back Thursday today. We got three great songs for you to vote on. Winning song played today at nine thirty. We got partly Claude's guys today ten percent chance of rain him around sixty four. I don't want to get caught up looking ahead too much. We know that's going to change. Let's just focus on today.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Alex. Sorry, I've been no help to you at all. What's trying to do?
Speaker 4: Red dye number three, Yeah, I saw trending that is being banned and manufacturers are going to have until twenty twenty seven to stop using it. It's been banned in cosmetic for like thirty plus years because it was it was proven to possibly cause cancers, and it's in mostly candies and soft drinks, is what I'm seeing it.
Speaker 3: Yep is there's a few medications, but yeah, you're right, it's mostly you know what, you know, what's got to be. This is a big story candy, hearts and stuff like that. Valentine's thing. Oh, that's the same die that they're saying.
Speaker 4: We'll still have until twenty twenty seven to oh to phase all of that out, right, so I could still have some for Valentine. You can load up and stock up while you still can't perfect. There's a ceasefires also trending. Israel and Hamas are close to agreeing upon a ceasefire.
Speaker 1: It's just waiting final approval.
Speaker 4: I guess it looks like it's gonna involve the release of hostages and prisoners.
Speaker 1: But that's that's good to hear.
Speaker 4: And then lastly is Instagram Thursday, submitted to us by Cliff from Conro. It's Ariela Eater and I haven't gotten to take a look yet, but it looks like a lot of other people have already made the journey Over to the Wilsons Rode Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com to check out our sixty gram on Thursday that that's just trending on ninety by the bus.
Speaker 11: Good morning, everybody, This is Tom, Just Tom. You probably don't remember me because it's been over year. Such ways, I just beat three times Hall of Famers double O seven, making me your fresh.
Speaker 8: Shirt to pace head today.
Speaker 11: More days yet join me on Thursday. You want to make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 3: Seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five phones are ringing today.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: People want a piece of Tom, Come get it.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five, The buzz.
Speaker 1: Last Podcast ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: The buzz I posted the picture. I saw the picture everywhere. I have zero context, I have zero backstore. I don't know anything. All I know is big Baldy William Corgan. A picture was out there with him and Bucky the Beaver. I saw that at a BUCkies. Yeah, I don't have anything.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He's got a guest who I'd imagine. Billy Corgan's a weird guy.
Speaker 4: Loves cats, Yeah, loves invented BUCkies if you think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wouldn't be what BUCkies was without Billy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It probably he probably tonight tonight. I think he mentioned that he invented BUCkies somewhere in those lyrics. That's on our Instagram and I'm pushing our graham a little bit. Please follow and check us out on Instagram at rod Ryan Show. I need some help with the meta platforms. Needs you to go visit us on Facebook too. Ten percent chance of rank partly cloudy. High of sixty four today. Have you had a chance to go look at the songs for Throwback Thursday? Saliva click click boom, great song Oasis, Supersonic. That's what I call my gen and Tonics. I call him super Sonics. If you ever come to my house, you'll have a super Sonic, not a gena Tonic.
Speaker 1: All right. I'll make sure you and Brother Kane and Fools shine on.
Speaker 3: That's a good one too. Really good songs today. I can't wait to do song clips. I don't know when we're gonna do it. I'll let you know though.
Speaker 12: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: Hey, tom morning, you gonna hang out with us for a couple of days or you just gotta poke your head in and say hi, I haven't been here in two years and then leave what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I want to be here all week?
Speaker 3: Oh you're here all week? Okay, great?
Speaker 8: Great.
Speaker 3: We just had Radio Wizer came in and picked the place up last week. So it's good. It's nice and tidy. We have Tom as a guest all week. You're taking Oh this guy's good, though, Tom, this guy's pretty good that you're playing.
Speaker 1: Who is it it is? Hello?
Speaker 13: Jerry?
Speaker 2: Hello Rodney?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I know you played last year. You weren't in the tournament, but you've been in the tournament before.
Speaker 1: Three time Hall of Famer Tom. What does that do for you? Tom? I knocked one out but knocked another out. Oh yeah, you did.
Speaker 3: You did handily take care of a three time Hall of Famer already. Okay, this is no big deal for Tom. For a rod Ryan Show T shirt today. I bet Jerry's got a couple of those, all right? Uh, Jerry and Tom? Now, Jerry, Tom was a killer yesterday.
Speaker 1: Don't take him light. Don't take him light. He was a killer yesterday.
Speaker 3: Shout out your name. When you think you know the answer. Tom says he's going to be with us all week.
Speaker 1: Tom and Jerry.
Speaker 3: It is Tom and Jerry. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I didn't pick up on that. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Question number one on what planet is known for having rings?
Speaker 1: Jerry Jerry, Saturn.
Speaker 3: Is a correct answer Jerry on the board. Jerry was quick. Tom, you were right behind him on that. But Jerry was insanely quick. Tom, Jerry, huh. Question number two, according to the Doctor Seuss book, Who Stole Christmas?
Speaker 1: Jerry Jerry by a biscuit? I agree with you, Jerry.
Speaker 8: Wow, good dame Jerry.
Speaker 3: Tom, Tom, you were great today. Jerry was just a little better. You were great today.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 3: You were right there on those on your name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the way it's real for sure.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 3: I had to ruin it with that, Tom, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: We cleaned the house and everything. You thought.
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna be here all week.
Speaker 4: So has everybody like it hasn't been If it's not been a fixed game, it's been a one.
Speaker 1: Pump chump situation.
Speaker 2: I thought, crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there is something going on like that that means tomorrow. So you're saying that Jerry's gonna lose tomorrow.
Speaker 1: According to the trend I'm not saying what's going to happen. I'm saying the trends.
Speaker 3: Suggestion Jerry, don't think Jerry, would you like to play tomorrow?
Speaker 14: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, perfect The Rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 10: The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four The Buzz Good Morning, rob Ryan Show linked part lost. Was that the song we used yesterday for Hit the Post That was a great I went back and listened to the podcast yesterday. It was one of the best hit the Post games we played, my favorite.
Speaker 1: It was really really good. It was fun.
Speaker 3: That's one of the games that we kind of sit back and let you guys do all the work and you are entertaining us.
Speaker 1: And we have to be the judges. That's the hard part about it.
Speaker 3: But if you missed yesterday's Hit the Post game, I'm telling you it was really really good. I don't go back and listen to the show. I did the show. I was there for it. You know what happened live.
Speaker 1: I watch films sometimes every now and then I.
Speaker 3: Do go back, and that's one that I wanted to hear and I was. I was entertained.
Speaker 1: I giggled.
Speaker 3: You guys were really really good at that ten percent chance of ring partly Cloudy sixty four will be the high today.
Speaker 12: Another new champion, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. This is three time Hall of Famer. Hello, Jerry. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. I really not like that all the one pump chump talk, So it ain't gonna happen to me. Join me on free beer Friday when I make it win number two?
Speaker 1: It is have it?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, it's January sixteenth, But is anybody ever going to the Hall of Fame again?
Speaker 1: Like what I do? If we get to December, we have zero Hall of Fame. I don't worry about it. Hangout. It just always happens. Okay, tournament champions with two people, No, it'll work out. It's the funk that to the day. We make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 9: Your body, it's the fun that to the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, run some fun facts for you today. There's Hal joining us in studio. Hello, hell brother Rod, Oh, I got an NHL fact. I'm gonna yeah, squeeze that one top show for Mama Hodges the cookies. No, but that's maybe my favorite call ever in hockey. Uh, I'm gonna talk about Jack Nicholson. He's not alone in this though, But I didn't know Jack was in this group of people. He was raised by his grandmother, but he was told that she was his mother. He was told that his actual mother was his sister. He didn't find out the truth until his mother slash sister died in nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 1: Bobby Darren had that same scenario and Jamie Fox, Polly Walnuts since fantasy too?
Speaker 3: Oh was that that was his situation too?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: At he So these the guys that I mentioned, Jack Nicholson, Bobby Darren, Jimmy Fox, Polly Walnuts. Can you imagine your whole life you find out later on that your sister is actually your mom?
Speaker 15: Yeah, so you're fighting with your mom?
Speaker 1: Yes? Wow.
Speaker 3: Kevin Spacey did a Bobby Darren movie back in the day. It's way underrated. I think it was a vanity project because he loved Bobby Darren so much. But he dances and does all the singing and everything, and that's how I learned that.
Speaker 1: It's a really, really good movie. Kevin Spacey's a weird Do I get it all?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: The NHL is the only major pro sports league to lose an entire season over a strike or a lockout. I mean I'm sorry NHL News, but it was two thousand and four, two thousand and five that whole season was canceled because of a lockout. They've always been able to work their differences out in all the major sports up until that point.
Speaker 4: The MLB also, I think their collective bargaining agreement is like in the middle of the season too, because they didn't they cancel the season where the Blue Jays were gonna win it all and it was like at the All Star break, I.
Speaker 3: Think yeah he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the season's also long enough to probably figure it out.
Speaker 3: Final fun fact for you today, Facebook uses blue because Zuckerberg is red, green, colorblind.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's neat.
Speaker 3: Mark Zuckerberg's quote, blue is the richest color for me, I can see all of blue. So that's why he.
Speaker 1: Goes with that stop funk back to the Day, make you look smart? Inn here body the fun funny back to the Day. I love that one.
Speaker 8: That's funny.
Speaker 3: If you're red, green, color blind, you can't drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can. You just got to know where the lights are. You can't. Oh, okay, Like green is top?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yell?
Speaker 1: Or just bottom or left to right?
Speaker 4: Robert Robert Bobby jokes of pastor Davy is is color blind all colors.
Speaker 1: I think red, red, green, red, green.
Speaker 3: And he has no problem driving.
Speaker 1: I've seen him get in the car with him. It's your fun, all right.
Speaker 3: So what do we have for you today? Let me see here, Oh, Coheed and Cambria taking back Sunday, September eight, seven, one and three Music Hall tickets will go on sale tomorrow. I think at ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: I got you. It's now time no your fun.
Speaker 3: Fact flashback. There are more of these in the United States of America than McDonald's, And I said, I took comfort in knowing that and learning that yesterday on the show. There are more of these in the US than McDonald's. There's about fourteen thousand McDonald's too, for reference seven one three two, win two five nine four five. If you were listening yesterday, I want to hear from you now.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. There he is.
Speaker 3: Alex couldn't wait to when I was.
Speaker 1: Excited for you.
Speaker 3: So really good day on Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 16: Not a bad day on Wall Street at all. The Dow is up seven hundred and thirty points, my boy kick off this morning at forty three two twenty one NASDAC up four hundred and sixty six to nineteen thousand, five hundred and eleven Benchmartin, Your treasurer is trading at a four point sixty seven percent and oil stands at seventy nine dollars six cents of barrow to the most actives the big studs Goldman, sachs, Amex and Navidia. The big duds Salesforce, Coca Cola and Boeing. On the economic conard of this morning, we'll get numbers on retail sales for December right now. Features slightly on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out of here.
Speaker 16: This is Halan manage director with the Ramon James Report. It for the Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on same Felipe and Augusta and don't forget the always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 5: Aman's expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates. Income Ever, NYC, as, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance Transmnson, We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Your AMC programs are educational and informational services on Latists and duds are based on movement.
Speaker 10: As reported by Young.
Speaker 3: Ninety four and five The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan show Sureup Up Chili has given us Nathan. Hello, Nathan, Hey, all going great, Welcome to homebroom, dude, appreciate you. Yesterday I learned that there are more of these than in the US than the fourteen thousand McDonald's locations, and I'm happy about it. What is it?
Speaker 1: Public library? Public libraries?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a Heights library.
Speaker 1: I got our library card.
Speaker 3: I take the kid there once in a while, well once, all right, one time, Get off me. I took her there once.
Speaker 1: Shut up, Nathan, At.
Speaker 3: Least I have a card. Hey, Coheed Cambria taking back Sunday, September eighth. You just scored yourself a pair of tickets before they go on sale tomorrow. Okay, that is so awesome, Thanks so much, man, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Hey, Alexa Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio getting.
Speaker 17: Ninety four point five, The Bus Station from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 12: Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: We seem to be extra busy today, Alex. You seem to be scurrying around like a busy, little busy little bee there. Maybe we should do song clips. We should have tired. Let's try to do it right out of the top. Okay, song clips right after seven o'clock. Song clips meeting. What songs are we offering up today? It's awesome. Today's throwback Thursday is great. So we'll do song clips. We'll talk a little bit about the music. I want you to vote winning song played at nine thirty. I'm good with all three songs. I promise you I am good with all three songs. Ten percent chance of rain today party Claude high of sixty four. Got some of the things to talk about that Chile has.
Speaker 1: Debuted on the website today.
Speaker 3: One hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 1: We got a big football game coming up.
Speaker 3: I got a couple of teams in the hunt for that big football game. But yeah, five hundred dollars per quarter.
Speaker 1: Sounds pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all that information is on there, and then I think you put Mila meat on there today. He's a nut. I love that he just said, just give him everything.
Speaker 1: So much going on.
Speaker 3: I think he's taking application for mile of meat already.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: All right, good morning. We woke up to some really really sad news today, Alex says Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, Brazoria County Deputy Jesse Vargas has died after being shot in Houston yesterday. The shooting occurred on stell Link Road near the six to ten Loop. Robert Lee Davis, the third, was identified as the shooter, and that began an hour's long manhunt. I know a lot of us got those blue alerts on our phone. Davis was later located in a dumpster not too far from the original crime scene. He then shot a canine officer twice before being killed by law enforcement. The canaine officer, named Rocky, was last reported to be in stable condition. But absolutely just terrible news out of Houston yesterday. The wildfires continue to burn out in California. So far, they've destroyed more than twelve thousand structures and chart up more than sixty square miles. The strongest wins weekend yesterday, giving firefighters a much needed break. It looks like conditions are going to continue to improve throughout this week, but dangerous winds are forecast for next week, so hopefully they can get a bunch of it contained before all that happens again. Tens of thousands of people in Los Angeles County remained under evacuation orders, even as orders were lifted in other places. There's still curfewsing effect in the Eton and Palisades fire zones. Do you think you've got what it takes to drive the Planner's Peanuts Netmobile. They have the Oscar wy Meyer Wiener Mobile, and this is just the Planner's version of it, where it's a giant pnut.
Speaker 3: I've seen it, yeah, I've seen it up close.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it in person.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw it at Niagara Falls. It was just it was parked at a hotel. I imagine they're looking for the same. They're looking for young, bright faced kids yeap to go around and be super outgoing and everything.
Speaker 1: So pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're looking to hire three people to drive the Nutmobile around the country for a year to be a brand ambassador. They will fire you after the year, then they'll get new people in in that spot. It pays forty five thousand dollars plus benefits and also comes with the travel stipend.
Speaker 1: The job starts in June.
Speaker 4: If you think you've got what it takes, you could apply a planners netmobile dot com. Season two of Squid Game is Netflix's third most watched season ever and it's not even been out three full weeks.
Speaker 1: I know you watched the first season. I did, and I loved it, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just I haven't been compelled to go back and watch the second season.
Speaker 1: I've not watched any of the seasons, so I don't know, but I'd.
Speaker 3: Like to maybe just just on the side. You can email me is it good? Is it as good as the first one? Are they doing it right?
Speaker 1: Because it really was something different.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was one of those things that everyone was watching, you know, like a tiger king. Squid Game was a big deal, man.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, it's been viewed one hundred and fifty two million times so far. The only seasons in netflix is history that have been viewed more are season one of squid Game, which was viewed two hundred and sixty five million times, and then season one of Wednesday was viewed two hundred and fifty two million times.
Speaker 1: Season two is that big.
Speaker 4: The Squid Game has the two of the top three most viewed seasons on Netflix.
Speaker 3: So I'm the only Troops not going back to watch part two.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it any of it, so I guess we'll both.
Speaker 4: You didn't watch the first one, no, and then on my podcast we made a pack to not watch it at all.
Speaker 1: Why. I don't know. Everybody's talking about it and we wanted to be different.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we can't watch it now. We called not doing something called it. We call it squid gaming.
Speaker 18: End.
Speaker 1: That's a silly thing that you're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it probably is. The newest jazz festival lineup is out. Pearl Jam is gonna be one of the headliners for this event.
Speaker 1: I know you love going to jazz Fest's.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing. So Weekend one, April twenty fourth, twenty fifth, twenty sixth, and twenty seventh. That's Dave Matthews Band, Lil Wayne your guy, Yeah, Low Wayne in the Roots, Lenny Kravitz, Santana. Yeah, so we don't know exactly when people are playing, but we know what weekends they're playing. So Pearl Jam is playing second weekend, Dave Matthews Band's playing first weekend. Okay, it's the last weekend in April, first weekend in May. But Pearl Jam will be on Saturday. They'll be on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is all go down at the New Orleans Fairgrounds. Those are you since headlines? Nojazzfest dot com? And you're right, it's my favorite thing I go every year.
Speaker 3: All right, what you got over there?
Speaker 4: Well, Rockets got another win last night. They beat the Nuggets one twenty eight to one o eight. Jalen Green had himself a night with thirty four points to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 1: Rockets are now won five straight.
Speaker 4: Tonight, they're gonna be up in Sacramento to take on the Kings as three and a half point underdogs heading into that one.
Speaker 1: Tip off is at nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: You can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety that what's going on in sports?
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll get Chili out at jazz Fest. Santana's play.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Chili loves Santa.
Speaker 3: He loves Santana loves Sam and that's the Pearl Jam weekend.
Speaker 1: I've never been by a jazz fest that needs anything.
Speaker 3: Well, Luke Kaziy, the Elephants playing the second round would love to see k I know you love them. Luke Combs, Lenny Kravitz, I know you're a big Jone Jet and the Blackhearts fan.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows that dumpster funk second week check it out.
Speaker 3: All right, we are gonna do song clips coming up. We'll talk a little bit about throwback Thursday. We'll get you some Poppa Roach Rise against tickets and then don't forget read my lips at eight twenty guys, my first mention on the show, send me any your word suggestions.
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten. I haven't even looked.
Speaker 3: I haven't written down one word for the game yet. So I gotta work on that. I gotta do some push up. My gosh.
Speaker 4: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 10: Rest the Morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five Buzz Rain.
Speaker 3: To see nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today. Hi, I'm about sixty four. Yeah, I know it's gonna get cold. Keep those pipes wrapped and all of that stuff, and I'm hearing the word snow being thrown around. I'm not talking about it, Believe, I'm not talking about it until just even like London yesterday, it's like, oh my god, did you hear we might get some snow here?
Speaker 1: I'm like, eh, I believe, whant I see it? I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I hope not. Sorry, don't tell my kid.
Speaker 1: I said that.
Speaker 3: Real quick because I gotta do. I'm gonna do song clips here. I want to talk about what a great job you're doing on reading my lips. Guys keep sending me those word suggestions by my dear friend Chili is going to be taking on every one of you that comes in here to play the wild card. We don't know anything about Craig Picket, or do you, Chillie, how'd you? How'd you pick Craig Picket?
Speaker 19: He yah, he met the criteria that I was looking for yesterday.
Speaker 8: He seemed like he would be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 19: Plus I knew I could beat him because he had a picture of him of the Texas A and M football game and they lost, so I know I could beat him.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Interesting, he's.
Speaker 1: A really hyped up.
Speaker 3: Seem like you're already getting him fired up, Chili.
Speaker 19: I mean that's where I was going. When I was trying to I envisioned myself already as a winner.
Speaker 1: So okay, am I seeing things correct?
Speaker 3: Do you have one hundred bottles of Love Street blonde on the wall? You're taking pictures and applications to win five hundred dollars per quarter during the Big Game?
Speaker 19: Yes, sir, so you know, just go to Links and Gas. You'll see Rod's amazing white smile there holding a beer can of Love Street. Click on the Now we have, you know, five hundred dollars for each quarter, but there's also an extra five hundred dollars for somebody to win online, so you can register. There's a link button there that you can click and register to win an extra five hundred dollars. Okay, so I mean, I mean, you know what, don't say we never did none for you?
Speaker 3: And then real quick, yes or no? Are you taking applications for Mila Meat today?
Speaker 1: Yes? It was.
Speaker 8: I know we had talked about doing it like on the weekend, but I'm good. I forgot to reschedule it and you know it just posted, so hey, you know it might as.
Speaker 3: Well okay, might as well. That's all up on links and guests. Also, you can vote for throwback Thursday. This song here, it needs the most help, so it's Brother Kine and Fools Shine On.
Speaker 15: It's a great song, guys, I we'll see.
Speaker 3: I don't remember where they're from. They were kind of like a southern rock band right around the time Nirvana came out. They were still doing like kind of a rock thing and they were good.
Speaker 1: All right, this is in last place, Birmingham, Alabama, Thank you, thank you? All right, this is in last place. What's in first place? Then?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah. If I ever wrote a song, I'd put the word boom in the title.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I would let every movie use it. Okay, p o D boom Yeah and Saliva click click boom. Those are my two favorite songs from those two bands.
Speaker 1: Case Go out Playing.
Speaker 3: Josie Scott had.
Speaker 1: A cool voice. He had a cool voice.
Speaker 3: I'm think a great singer, but he was really good. It fits so well with this band whose click click boom?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be hard to beat.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard to beat. But this is what I'm voting for. Baby you are hell yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Oasis Supersonic. There's a mention of Gin and Tonic in the song, so I just all my Gin and Tonics at my house are now referred to as SuperSonics.
Speaker 1: And his friend lives under a waterfall. I can't hear him call.
Speaker 3: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Considering on with the lyrics, he just sounded like a dick.
Speaker 9: I need to be myself, but you can be.
Speaker 1: I mean, like knowing what they became, it's like this is so like perfect for him.
Speaker 3: He just had such main character energy, yes, being the lead singer of the band, and he leaned into it. I mean, Noel's a better singer, but Liam was the front man.
Speaker 1: He was the rocker, rock star of the group.
Speaker 3: I like Noel's voice better, to be honest with him.
Speaker 1: This the album where they had the car in the pool. Yeah, that was a badass.
Speaker 3: Album that, Yeah, just to show like the excesses of the rock star life.
Speaker 1: And it was like a super expensive car like no driving into the pool.
Speaker 3: Well that was a nod to Keith Moon, who drove a car into a pool.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that makes sense.
Speaker 3: They idolized the Who, they idolized the Beatles, all that.
Speaker 1: Stuff, you know, and then they hate most of all other music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, hate everything all right. Oasis Supersonic. Here's how it goes. Sixty one percent Saliva Click clickboom, thirty three percent Oasis. What you're listening to now? And Brother Kane, I don't think it's got a shot. It's a good song though. Five percent of your vote. You're voting on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page to the Buzz dot Com, and then you can do all those other things that Chili had talked about and then continue sending me word suggestions Rod at the Buzz dot com. Because we're gonna play read my lips in a little over an hour after the break, I'm gonna give you popa Roach Rise against Tickets Rock and Alternative to The Rod.
Speaker 10: Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 1: A welcome back everybody.
Speaker 8: Pup.
Speaker 3: You're off to a great start to your day. Thank you for starting it with us. We'll reward you with some popa Roach Rise against Tickets coming up in just a little bit. Ten percent chance of Rain Partley, Cloudy Hive sixty four today. So much on our website, so many activities, so many.
Speaker 1: Activities, activities. I need you to vote.
Speaker 3: I'm throwback Thursday. A lot of you just went in and voted after hearing the song clips click click boom, Saliva still in first place.
Speaker 1: Mile of Meat.
Speaker 3: I know that's a ways off, but Chili put it up today. We're looking for single dudes to be on the road side. It looks like we're doing this now. It's on now, now it's official. Now we're doing it on Valentine's side. You're gonna be out there with the fellas.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. My favorite day is on the.
Speaker 3: Road side for our live broadcast and then later on that evening, so Valentine's Day, we got plans and then working with my friends at the Carbock Brewery. Love Street Blonde one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. I need a picture of you and your Love Street Blonde. Get you up on the on the squares. You guys know all how to do squares when it comes to the big game, and then we'll start picking people to go up on the beer board five hundred dollars per quarter during the big game. So there's things for you to do. And then you can listen to Alex. He's gonna tell you what's trending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, TikTok fan is trending. I feel like that's been trending all week.
Speaker 4: People are still freaking out, so freaking out about TikTok going away, the downloading.
Speaker 3: I know, as everything I know you can make bets on and everything is there like it over and under. There are numbers on like whether or not TikTok's going away, because I would bet that it's not going away.
Speaker 4: I haven't looked at the markets, not really what what I usually wager on, but I would imagine if you look hard enough, you can probably find.
Speaker 3: Something you think it's going away.
Speaker 4: I fe think something's gonna happen on like Saturday, Sunday night, maybe Friday, because Congress doesn't want to do stuff during the weekend, so they'll probably do it Friday. Okay, maybe tonight because they don't want to do anything on Friday. I don't know what else. Biden is trending. He did his farewell address last night. I did not watch it. No, I don't want so, I'm sure is great. Sure is great. And then the Australian Open is also trending. Tennis's first Grand Slam of the year is ongoing right now in Australia and people are talking about it.
Speaker 1: That is what's trending. I'm not even by the buzz.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing Are you seeing bikini bean coffee anywhere?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 3: Have you seen the video of a guy going through a call that's one of those coffee shops where the girls is a drive through and the girls are in bikinis. It's funny in the show Landman that I'm watching, and they all go for coffee in the morning, but I know there's one in Cypris or something, and you go and get your coffee and the girls are like maybe wearing lingerie, are wearing bikinis and they serve you your coffee in the right coffee. Okay, this guy goes through with no pants on, goes through with no pants on, the girl's filming it. He realizes that there's a camera boom, he drives off. He's got a family, wife and kids, offs himself. Yes, I saw it yesterday. Oh the shame of doing that. He didn't want to face his family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bikini beans coffee. I saw the video yesterday and then I heard about the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, wild, really wild.
Speaker 3: Hi, sorry to drop that on you. This morning, Papa Roach, Rise Against the Rise of the Roach Tour twentieth Toyota Center. You want a pair of tickets, come get it? Seven one, three two, The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 3: Five, okay, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Shows, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and snow Are we gonna get snow here? I don't want it. I don't want it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be that guy, but I don't want it.
Speaker 3: Here just gonna freeze everything. It's gonna ruin all my plants outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's gonna destroy it.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, stuff's expensive. Good morning, Hope, you're on plants.
Speaker 1: Don't you got plants? I don't buy plants.
Speaker 3: That's why you don't buy plants. Probably smart. Hope, you're off to a great start to your day. Keep sending me your word suggestions. Read my lips this next hour, and we got Craig Picket coming down to play the Chile and read my lips.
Speaker 1: It's our second week opening up.
Speaker 3: The doors of here here at iHeartRadio Houston to one of you to come down and play Read my lips. So that should be fun. It's for Buzzfest tickets, and the twins say that if Craig loses, he gets nothing.
Speaker 1: Although you gave the girl last week tickets. She was she said, a good bar. What if Craig comes in, he's super nice, he's just fallen what she did yesterday? Hear me out.
Speaker 3: Craig comes in, he's super charming, he's a really nice guy, hates the cowboys. I'm just saying to get on your good side. And he loses, will you give him the buzzfest tickets if he loses, just for coming down?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Lindsay was one of a kind, right, She's ruined it for everyone.
Speaker 1: She did good.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy, highs up around sixty four. Over to the phones here, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Who's this hey, brother Rod? This is Matt. I'm Matt. How are you doing pretty good? Harry all this morning? Great man?
Speaker 3: You're calling her number ten and that looks like that scored you, Poppa Roach, Rise against tickets, Rise of the Roach in Town of March twentieth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 8: You're in awesome, Thank you man.
Speaker 1: That's freaking fantastic. It is freaking fantastic.
Speaker 3: I agree, with you, Matt, Thank you have an awesome day.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, all right, man you too, Thank you.
Speaker 20: So much, dud dude, do.
Speaker 3: So all of these shows that we're giving away these tickets. Although Coheed and Cambria and taking back Sunday, I get it, the fires aren't stopping everything. They announced this week tickets will go on sale this Friday for their tour. I haven't looked at the tour dates. Maybe their tour is more of a South and East coast tour. But we heard from nine Inch Nails, which by the way, I'm hearing some things that it's looking good for us. When nine its Nails comes around to coming out around with that announcement, it's looking favorable for Houston. But Trent said, hey, we're gonna wait till things settle down. We originally had a big announcement coming up about a tour, and we're gonna wait. There's a bunch of other bands that the fun Squad here at iHeart have told me that they're all on hold. But Beyonce had a big announcement. I don't know what that was. I'm sure it was a tour or I don't know what.
Speaker 8: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what Beyonce was going to announce, but she was going to make some sort of a big, big announcement and she put that on hold as well.
Speaker 1: Kenny Chesney is.
Speaker 3: Slated to make some sort of a big announcement. They're like, well, Rod, why are you talking about this for a few days now, He's been teasing some sort of a major announcement. And then you guys be in the Bloodhounds that you are knowing that from time to time we'll talk about the Sphere in Las Vegas. The Sphere's Twitter account posted something on their ig and it shows waves crashing a chair, a guitar, and then a cowboy hat appears, and they say the chair looks a lot like something that may be like an old blue chair that maybe was in a Kenny Chesney video. The beach, the guitar, the cowboy hat. That's Kenny Chesney, right, I mean he's the you know, he's the Sammy Hagar or he is the Jimmy Buffett of country.
Speaker 4: Right, he is so Zach brown band maybe right, Zach Browns a lot ass in the sand.
Speaker 1: That's kind of country, Okay. I would guess Kenny Chesney has to be. He's the guy.
Speaker 3: He's the guy.
Speaker 4: He's the nice shirt and no shoes, no problem. Yeah, that's him.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna be on the Today Show today, He'll be on the Tonight Show tonight, and he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be on the Afternoon Show this afternoon probably.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but everyone's saying that he's going to be the next person that does a residency.
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 3: This is out of my wheelhouse. I had to go look it up. He sold the same amount of albums as Three Doors Down. Three Doors Down has sold thirty million albums. Kenny Chesney thirty million albums. The band that's in there right now, The Eagles have sold over thirty million copies of their Greatest Hits album. Okay, the Eagles have one album that has outsold Kenny Chesney. And I'm not saying that's the only metrics that's used. He I know Kenny Chesney. I think he's got his own serious XM channel. I know he's a brand. I know he's a big deal. Absolutely, But the Eagles have sold one hundred and seventy million albums. They're the current residency. Is this fear not meant for or no. I think let's say the Eagles have sold one hundred and fifty I just looked it up. Garth has sold one hundred and seventy million copies. Is that not what the sphere is for a Garth Brooks.
Speaker 4: Maybe Garth doesn't want to do it, like yeah, I know, people are just like, I'm not down to do this.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: And then Kenny Chesney I don't know, like I mean the spear you have a Kny Chesney version of Parroheads.
Speaker 3: No, I mean Kenny Chesney is the parrohead of country.
Speaker 4: He is that I don't know what they called the no shirder oh chesney Heads, I don't know, chesz nuts, no shirt, no shoes, no problem, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the big rumor that he's going to be the next guy at this sphere, and maybe we need to stop thinking about that. You have to be the biggest artist in the world to play the sphere.
Speaker 1: I mean he's pretty big.
Speaker 4: Though, I mean he in the country music. He does commercial with Peyton Manning, right, a big deal.
Speaker 3: What if we said three dollars down was at the sphere for a reason.
Speaker 1: What you know, they could probably fill it a couple of times. I would be a little surprised if you told me that they couldn't do a month there.
Speaker 4: But are they going to do where it's not an entire residency. Where are they gonna be like, hey, we're gonna do one month. Well, it all starts out, It all starts out like that. I mean, the Eagles were set to play the Sphere for maybe two.
Speaker 3: Three months, and then they added a month, added a month. They've taken dates until March. Okay, they started playing in October or geez, maybe before that. I don't know when the first Eagle states were. But they just kept adding months onto them. They were selling out every show and it ain't cheap. We all know that.
Speaker 4: But didn't Dead and Company do it? And then aren't they coming back? I thought Dead in Company was going to do another one because I've heard people talk about buying Dead in Company tickets to the Sphere and I know they've already been there.
Speaker 3: And Fish have done it for a limited time too. They didn't do back. They didn't do months on end You two was the first band and they were there for months.
Speaker 1: But that was the biggest deal because it was to launch it.
Speaker 3: Yes, so again that we don't know even this is for sure, but you know.
Speaker 1: They showing the super Bowl in the sphere. They should, right, Like I would pay to go just watch the super Bowl in the sphere. That'd be awesome. Oh yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: That would be cool. So I don't know. That's supposed to be the big announcement today, The.
Speaker 9: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four, the Bus Rodeo ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, popa Roach, No Apologies, rod Ryan's.
Speaker 3: Show Throwback Thursday, Brother Kine and Fools Shine. The song that none of you know is the number one song right now. Really yeah, I don't know how. I don't know how. I love the song. I love the song, and apparently some of you do know it. Brother Kanaan full Shine On. It's got forty two percent of the vote. Salive a Clickclickboom forty one percent of the vote, Oasis super Sonic Alex sixteen percent of the voteing like that, Wow, that came out of nowhere. That really came out of nowhere. We did song clips earlier today, So continue to vote. If you haven't voted yet, please get over to the World Famous rod Ryan showpage atthebuzz dot Com seven thirty eight. I see chili sitting in there. I don't see I don't see our guy, Craig Pickett yet he's got time. We're not gonna play read my lips until eight twenty. Keep sending me your word suggestions. Rod at thebuzz dot Com. They didn't say it's going away, but the CEO of Walgreens did an interview and I came across this in Fortune magazine. He said Walgreens had a fifty two percent increase in theft what they call in the business shrink twenty twenty and twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: So what did they do. They put all the deodorant and all that stuff behind behind that.
Speaker 3: Glass PLEXI glass, behind the clear plastic. It's locked up.
Speaker 1: I was picking up a prescription from a Walgreens not too long ago, and I noticed that.
Speaker 3: Remember when you used shop at stores and you didn't have to, like buzz, an employee over every five minutes to open up a locked cabinet, and then they stand there and wait while you're deciding. They stand there way because they have to relock it. They don't just walk away.
Speaker 4: Well, there's all those videos of the people going and there's just like trash bags and just empty and out aisles of stuff.
Speaker 3: It seems like we're headed towards everything being locked up right now. But in this interview he's kind of talking that it backfired a little bit because it turned away actual business. And this is me. I'm not buying. I'm not bothering you to come and if I need now, if I need that deodorant, okay, then I'll hit the buzzer and then boom, I'll pick the order up. I'll say thank you for helping me out with this, and then I'll go check out. I'm not buying, like I'm not buying everyday things and constantly buzzing somebody to come and unlocked, unlock the case so that I can get my razors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't do it. I don't have like a wedding to go to that night. I'll just order it on Amazon. Yeah, and I'll leave.
Speaker 3: He said it's been largely ineffective. When you lock things up, you don't sell as many of them. We've kind of proven that pretty conclusively. So he stopped short of saying that they're going to take them out, but he said that they're working on other creative solutions.
Speaker 1: And I get it.
Speaker 3: I'm not even like faulting them. I imagine putting plastic lock up plexiglass is cheaper in the long run than hiring more security.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. And how can your security really do at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: And yeah, somebody gets combative, like they don't want you fighting people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We've had people that have worked at grocery stores in Walmart. If it's and they said they're not allowed to touch the person, you have to let them walk out. Yes, you can get fired for causing resistance on somebody leaving with shoplifters.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean these places are way understaffed, like everywhere now, and they locked everything up. It's insane. When you go there's a Walgreens and CBS in the French Quarter, everything's locked up, just every aisle anything you need. I can only imagine the poor gal behind the register has got to keep you buzz them, You buzz them to come and then they stand there and then that you pick out what you need and then you go, thank you. If you're picking up four and five things, I'm not buzzing somebody five different times to get, you know, to open up the case.
Speaker 4: It'll gas station like the bodegas. It's just all behind bulletproof glass.
Speaker 1: Can I get one of these and.
Speaker 4: A light ticket and then also one of those and then giving you this hat and.
Speaker 3: Then one of things to the direction that it's going to go shaving cream and they gotta grab it all behind them and then hand it to you. In the future of Walgreens and CBS, is it just drive through? You know what they have? Is it just drive through and you have somebody go run around and shop for you inside?
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, so I understand why they do it.
Speaker 3: And it's always the deodorant, the soaps, those types of things that I think the homeless are going in and stealing.
Speaker 4: Well, and then there's there were laws in certain cities where it was like if you steal this like below this amount, like it's only like a misdemeanor. So it didn't really just hear anybody from doing stuff like that. And we'd see all those videos of people just cleaning out stores.
Speaker 3: So it's they're selling less products, they're taking a look at it, and I don't know, I don't know what the solution is.
Speaker 21: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. I hope you're off to a great start to your throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Appreciate all of you going on to links and guests and voting this morning winning song played.
Speaker 1: At nine point thirty.
Speaker 3: You got all kinds of stuff on links and guests today. The world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 8: Please hit it up.
Speaker 3: Okay, some of you are sending me your pictures of you and your love street blondes. I appreciate that if you tag me on it, like Dall's Daniel, I think he tagged me on it. He went to the right place, but he just wanted to let me know. Hey, dude, I'm in there again. I'm like, all right, cool, get your love street blonde pictures in. We're talking about the big game, winning five hundred dollars per quarter. We're starting early on that today.
Speaker 1: We're going early on mile of meat. It's good. I'd rather work ahead, uh.
Speaker 3: Josh listener Josh Torres, stay low fellas he says, girlot Girl Scout, snipers are out, oh man, locked in for the kill. They got me slipping. I got three boxes at my house right now. Nowhere is safe. Stay strong, brothers, Doctor Pepper josh As. I eat two tag.
Speaker 1: Alongs for breakfast this morning. That right, there's the champions. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That he must have either some little gal that came to the door, or he's got a friend, or he's got a daughter or somebody. When we talk about the snipers, those are the ones that are outside of home depot and yeah, outside of Ace Hardware and those places.
Speaker 1: That's where you those are the snipes.
Speaker 3: But he said stay low, fellas. They're out there all right, girl, scouts are looking for you.
Speaker 2: Partner.
Speaker 3: Claude Temper sent chance to reign Hype sixty four. Horrible news this morning. To start out, Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very sad news.
Speaker 4: A Brazoria County Deputy, Jesse Vargas has died after being shot in Houston yesterday. The shooting occurred on cell Link Road near the six to ten Loop. Robert Lee Davis, the third, was identified as the shooter and that began an hour's long manhunt. I know a lot of us got those blue alerts on our phones yesterday. Davis was later located in a dumpster not too far from the original crime scene.
Speaker 1: He then shot a canine officer twice before being killed by law enforcement.
Speaker 4: A cannon officer was named Rocky, and he was last reported to be in stable condition but just arable.
Speaker 1: News all around.
Speaker 4: There's a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas that is awaiting final approval. It would involve the release of hostages and prisoners and would also bring relief to the hard hit guys as strip. I know, everybody's kind of rooting for a ceasefire in that case. Some other news, some people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Speaker 1: You hear him say that all the time, always say, I.
Speaker 3: Remember when we used to. It's not that I'm not friends with them anymore. Lee Lebronda used to come in here, the czar of fitness here in Houston, and he said, you got to do a reverse pyramid. He said, everyone thinks that you know, dinner time is like that's when you like hog out. Yeah, this when you feast. He said, flip that flip. That thing sets you up for the day. Your biggest meal should be in the morning and.
Speaker 1: Then brunch and then lunch.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he said, flip it around. He goes if you want to eat, If you're gonna eat something and really gorge, do it in the morning, right, You get all day to burn it off, and you're telling me that people or taking less than five minutes to eat breakfast. Yeah, I do the same thing too. I just stand there, I eat, I come into work.
Speaker 4: So twenty two percent of people say that breakfast is their favorite meal of the day, but only ten percent of people, or ten percent of those people, say that they eat it in five minutes or less like you do. Thirty four percent of people say that they eat their breakfast in about ten minutes, and thirty two percent of those people say that it takes eleven to twenty minutes seat, while another fourteen percent say it takes them at least thirty minutes see their breakfast.
Speaker 1: Only one percent of people said that they devote a full hour to their first meal of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it all depends on what your schedules like in the morning. Most people, it seems like you're in a rush.
Speaker 4: That's what a big reason for it was, like being on the on the go or eating alone.
Speaker 3: It's chaos in the morning. It's your chaos, especially if you're trying to get kids off to school and everything else. It's a war zone.
Speaker 1: So that's what you've got. That's why you grab the pop tie. You just you shut that in your face. You're good to go. Yeah, all right, what else Drake?
Speaker 4: Drake is doing his own record label for defamation because they promoted Kendrick Lamar's distract that we're listening to right or not right here? They promoted Kendrick Lamar's distract not Like Us, which calls Drake a pedophile. In his lawsuit, Drake claims that Universal Records quote approved, published and launched a campaign to create a viral hit out of the song, and that it was quote intended to convey the specific, unmistakable and false factual allegations that Drake is a pedophile and to suggests that the public should resort to vigil anti justice in response. The lawsuit also alleges that Universal intentionally sought to turn Drake into a pariah target for harassment.
Speaker 3: Were worse, So Drake is still on the label that he's suing. Yeah, that's weird. That makes it uncomfortable in the hallways.
Speaker 4: Let's having a little awkward But I don't know, I feel like Kendrick Lamar is just winning as this goes.
Speaker 1: On on the streets.
Speaker 4: He won on the streets, Kendrick Laarre, definitely he's gonna win in the courts on it. So Drake was taking shots at Lebron James earlier this week too.
Speaker 1: I don't know Drake's going through it right now. Hey, we got a Dave Rol. Yeah, Dave Grohl.
Speaker 4: We were talking about him being mia ever since the him father and the child with a out of wedlock. Dave Grohl has back in the spotlight though, because he on Tuesday was his birthday. He spent that cooking and serving Chilea to firefighters and frontline workers in the wake of the California wildfires. He was volunteering with Feed the Streets in Los Angeles, which is a group that's been helping or he's been helping out for years, and they just basically help out frontline workers, firefighters and those in need. Cool move for Dave Brol doing this, And this wasn't Dave Grol posting about this with somebody else that saw him out there helping, So it's not like he's trying to do it for the fame and publicity.
Speaker 1: He's just he was just being a good dude. This is my birthday.
Speaker 4: I want to give back to somebody else, and that's what he was doing out there, so good move on him.
Speaker 3: Kelly Osborne was I saw a story that she was just outraged that celebrities were going out and thanking the people that were working and putting out fires and they were using it as photo ops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's a fine line you gotta kind of tell you like that where it's like, you do want to show gratitude to those people, but then like, if you're a big celebrity, people are gonna take photos of you even if you're not wanting that. So it's hard to be like, well, I didn't ask them to do that.
Speaker 3: But Dave Grohl doesn't have a crew, and they're taking pictures of him doing barbecue and feeding people. It's just he was captured. TMS got ahold of the picture as they ran with the story.
Speaker 4: So we would have this yesterday if it was Dave Grohl putting it all out on his own. Yeah, he's not promoting that he's out there. Okay, good move on Dave Roll's part. Those are Uston's headlines, all right, what you got over there. The Rockets got another win last night. They beat the Nuggets one twenty eight eight.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five the bus Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show offspring half point part of the show.
Speaker 8: Hoo hoo.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that was. Good morning, Good morning everybody. I hope you're off.
Speaker 1: To a great start to you today.
Speaker 3: I clearly am. I mean, look at it there, just chit chatting away.
Speaker 1: Is he gonna bring friends? Is he gonna bring him in? Maybe Joe Itt and listening look at like, oh, oh my god, he's oh god, oh crap, he's talking to me.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: I mean, you girls having a good time in there?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 19: You know what I'm just I'm just laying them, just buttering him up so whenever I beat him, he doesn't cry.
Speaker 1: You know, we can can Can we meet your little friend?
Speaker 3: Or you just gonna keep them all to yourself? You want to bring him in?
Speaker 8: Yeah, hold on, let me.
Speaker 1: Put those on. And Ron wants to stop. Oh, we're gonna talk to him in there? Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 8: I guess we're talking in here.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, Craig oh.
Speaker 3: LA's last week, Lindsay came in here and we like kind of met her and she was in the studio.
Speaker 1: Chili wants Craig in his little room over there with him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean he keeps saying that he's gonna butter me up. But I mean if he just wants to keep predicting my win, all the better.
Speaker 3: So you you were the chosen one. What kind of history do we have with you? Craig, your name sounds familiar.
Speaker 18: I know you.
Speaker 8: I do email quite often.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I've been left on the doorstep a couple of times in fresh out of bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you've played Fresh out of Bed before.
Speaker 1: A couple of times.
Speaker 8: It's been a while.
Speaker 7: I mean the last time I was really on was when you were in London, so that was quite a while ago.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was the last time you were on, Like like you called into the show.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, that was the last time I was able to get into the game. It's basically because of my work schedule. I was in the office by six o'clock at that time, so I could get in and have a good phone to call on instead of the cell phone.
Speaker 3: So well, Craig, I don't know. I offer no advice. I've never played the game, so I don't know. I just the only thing I'd recommend to you is that you hear that stupid song that they listened to that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's already played it for me.
Speaker 1: It's brutal. Yeah, it's brutal.
Speaker 3: You have this metal song that is blaring in your ears while you're playing read my lips. And Lindsey was in here last week and I go, you got to listen to the song because I don't want you to freak out when you put on these headphones. And she listened to it, She's like, oh my god, that's aggressive. I mean, it's it's aggressive. Can you did you practice, Craig?
Speaker 1: How do you? I mean, can you I don't.
Speaker 8: Know, practice fucking practice.
Speaker 3: Pulling Allen iverson on me?
Speaker 8: Very good?
Speaker 7: No, I mean just you know, watching the YouTube and the Facebook feeds. Yeah, I've been able to see a little bit. But you know, the only thing I can really say is, you know, in honor of the girls, Sessa, just say it good, Rod.
Speaker 3: Just say say it good.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I thought that part of my life was over and now I got some guy right back.
Speaker 1: Just just I can never laugh.
Speaker 6: Say it good. All right, that's Craigory Gregory. It's Craig sort for Gregory. Yeah, I'm not at all classic mix up.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that's Craig Pickett. He's hanging out in the chili bowl.
Speaker 1: It's weird. The chili didn't bring him in and he's just like, no, I'm keeping him in. It's weird. He brought Lindsay in here last week around this time.
Speaker 3: He didn't have to play lands, all right, So I don't know what cod he's working them over in that room.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: You are telling me that if Craig doesn't win today, he's walking in here and leaving with the clothes on his back. You're not giving him anything for coming in all.
Speaker 1: We have shirts in here, we can give him a.
Speaker 4: T shirt, but you're not giving him buzzfestakes. He's not getting bus Fest tickets if he doesn't beat the chill out.
Speaker 3: So now you have everybody listening to the radio rooting for Craig to lose because they know I'll go take caller ten to give away tickets. It's every man, woman and child and themselves on this. So now you have everyone rooting against Craig. You're telling me Craig's not getting tickets. Although the gal last week did get tickets.
Speaker 4: Should we have chili, Like did he do it last week where he just had somebody on hold? He should have somebody on hold and it's that person gets to get the tickets, so they will just be actively rooting against Craig.
Speaker 3: That was suggested to me, like, get somebody on board. Okay, so when we bring Craig in, if Craig ever allowed to come in here, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's like, you have to play from here. I can't read the lips. You have to watch on YouTube. I know you're in studio. Here's a screen. I like that idea.
Speaker 3: It was sent to me by a few of you, and uh, we'll get somebody on the phone. This now, this is really ceiling cementing.
Speaker 1: The deal that Craig will not get any any That's what we said.
Speaker 4: Lindsay did it because she was the guinea pig and she could have ruined it for everybody. If Lindsay had not shown up or it was was a weirdo or cursed on the air, we would have been like, we can't do.
Speaker 3: This, and we would have shut down the program.
Speaker 1: So we respect out of respect to like lindsay. Here you go, Craig.
Speaker 3: If you lose, you're not getting anything nothing, Okay, and then we'll take a caller and that person will then get the Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: Read my lips.
Speaker 3: It's chilly taking on listener, Craig Picket. We'll get set up for it after the break.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's Show, Fix the graand Thursday number one link today, Chilli's here.
Speaker 1: I can't lies right here. I haven't looked yet.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. So much to do this morning. I I got one set of pushups in.
Speaker 1: It's busy. I'm trying to get all these words ready going on, I'm trying to get all.
Speaker 3: These words ready for reading my lips. All right, we got we got Craig in studio. We're gonna talk to him at a second. We got a ten percent chance of rain partly Cloudy's guys, I.
Speaker 1: Up around sixty four. What's trending?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Thankstagram Thursday obviously.
Speaker 3: Okay, I need to look at.
Speaker 1: This Chilian la eater. I'm sure it's awesome.
Speaker 8: I don't even want to talk to you, Bro, I'm busy.
Speaker 19: Come on, hey, you're just another Craig to me, bro, come on, Oh boy.
Speaker 1: That's rough.
Speaker 4: Today's Thanks to gram Thursday is submitted to us by Cliff from Conra.
Speaker 1: Well done, Cliff, Oh it's good.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm looking out Chili.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear it everywhere else. I'm looking Red Dye three is still trending.
Speaker 4: Just it's getting banned, and it's in candy, it's in medicine, it's in soft drinks, and manufacturers have to get rid of it by twenty two when he's seven.
Speaker 3: I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at fixed the grinders I figured.
Speaker 4: And then also trending is once again the TikTok band because people are losing their minds that TikTok could possibly be going away in three days to Sunday.
Speaker 19: I saw an influencer crying because she was like, I'm not gonna be able to make money anymore if I get a job.
Speaker 1: Come on, we're going to any other service. But yeah, that's what's training. And I've read the vice Chili.
Speaker 3: You voted for Saliva click click boom, right, yeah, I know that's your gym Chili's a rocker. Saliva Click Click Boom is in second place with forty percent of the vote. Brother Kane and Fulls Shine on fifty percent of the vote. Oasis Supersonic in the Dust. I mean only one of those bands is playing stadiums.
Speaker 1: True, and they're in last place. True?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but they're answer Yeah, they're not an American.
Speaker 3: Chili comes up with something. He says, here's the reason why it never makes sense. But you say it's so convincing it makes sense. It's because they're Britain.
Speaker 1: Had time to read my lips.
Speaker 3: Hey, Craig Picket, morning sir, Good morning, Craig.
Speaker 8: How are you not too bad?
Speaker 3: Comes in here all a and m out the last chick was in here with a Longhorn fan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she want tickets?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you intimidated by that?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 8: What's not that?
Speaker 1: The hunk of a man?
Speaker 3: You're not intimidated by that?
Speaker 8: No? Was I supposed to be? I'm sorry, Chilly, did I get the wrong impression?
Speaker 1: Look at him? Listen?
Speaker 8: How you're not supposed to be intimidated?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: I like this?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So we got Craig in studio. Are we still on Facebook Live?
Speaker 1: And yeah you live.
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh, hit the light buttons, Polo, Craig have already told you that these guys made the decision. The tail is wagging the dog on the Rod Ryan Show. These guys made the decision. You lose, you're leaving with what you walked in with. They're not giving you complimentary tickets. Thanks for coming down.
Speaker 8: I didn't come here for handouts.
Speaker 3: I'm going, as a matter of fact, to seal the deal. I'm going to take a caller that is going to be actively rood against you. If you lose, the person on the phone will win the tickets.
Speaker 1: A villain.
Speaker 3: I only have one pair of tickets. You're not getting them if you lose. That works, okay, I mean I'm ready. I'm kind of like against both of them. All right, Well, I'm scared. I don't know how Craig's not intimidated. I'm intimidated by the guy. And I've known him forever. Yeah, read my lips Chili versus Craig Picket and I'm looking for caller number ten.
Speaker 1: I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Chill you just you just concentrate on the game.
Speaker 8: Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for caller number ten right now. Seven one, three, two, one two, five, nine four five. A Craig hater, A Craig hater because if.
Speaker 1: He loses, if he if he loses, how many of them there are?
Speaker 3: You'll get the Buzzfest tickets seven one, three, two and two five nine four five rod Ryan Show an Empire.
Speaker 1: Upon Empire on.
Speaker 3: The buzz or five by either and Fake It rod Ryan Show throw Back Thursday.
Speaker 1: Somehow, some way, Brother Kane.
Speaker 3: Is in the lead. An Oasis is like Dead Last, like Saliva's click click boom. That's what my man Chili wants played at nine point thirty. He's hoping that you vote for that one. Yeah, okay, ten percent chance of rain party, cloudy highs of around sixty four.
Speaker 1: Craig Picket, where you from, Craig cnipers coming in.
Speaker 3: Here, wearing your little A and M shirt, Matt Little, you're big dude, big dude Chili.
Speaker 1: Maybe for a time to refine lips. Maybe you're afraid of him, afraid of what?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, these guys have been doing a little trash talking. Craig Picket was picked to come down and be the listener today to take on one of the twins. So it's Chili versus Craig. Craig gets nothing if he loses.
Speaker 1: If he loses, I've.
Speaker 3: Already gone through the calls. Caller number ten today was Daniel. Hello, Daniel, Hello, you want Craig to lose?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 3: It's not very nice of you. You would you would think that you guys would be a little bit more supportive of you know, the guy taking the time to come down here, be on the air. But if he loses, you get the buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 18: I mean, this time's a rough so I normally would root for the new one, for the fresh fish, but today's got to be a BOMBI and does buzzfest tickets?
Speaker 3: Okayish, Yeah, it's all about Daniel, and he is Chili's number one fan right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got your back, Daniel, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Let me go.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Honduran.
Speaker 18: So I'm hoping you represent an old Central American right now?
Speaker 8: All right? Oh, there's more pressure now. Oh I'm sorry for Craig.
Speaker 1: You're doing it for the culture now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So a Honduran and a Guatemalan come on a radio show, walking too far with a duck under the arm?
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex, how does it work? Who goes first? I feel like Chili goes first, but Chili goes first.
Speaker 8: Alright, more stress, Craig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has more words that you can choose from Craig. You good with that?
Speaker 8: That works for me? Okay, all right, she doesn't even know where he's at.
Speaker 3: You got Daniel over here chiming in. All right, eankstra that twenty seconds on the clock. Please, I These words were all submitted by you guys. Great job, Thank you very much for sending everything in today.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna shuffle. I have no favorites. They all get shuffled, shuffled, shuffled, shuffled. Every day is shuffling every day?
Speaker 3: Okay, twenty seconds. Chili's going first and Daniel is rooting him on. Here we go, Amy, I think awesome. Amy sent this in, also asking me, Hey, when's my me?
Speaker 1: Oh good? She loves loves um up dumbs up?
Speaker 3: Mom spaghetti? What Mom spaghetti?
Speaker 10: Pop?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 1: Mom spaghetti? Pup?
Speaker 4: Dez?
Speaker 1: What Mom spaghetti? Bobmagnaki? Mom, mom spaghetti? Time?
Speaker 8: Time is ham titty right?
Speaker 1: Ham titty? What was what was the next last thing you said? What you were just saying? Gibberish?
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's like lobby, yeah, mom, spaghetti. Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought we were getting a ham titty there too, Craig, I'm with you.
Speaker 8: I thought for it sounded like you were saying bob or pop.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Okay, this is a lock for a ham titty.
Speaker 1: That's none, Craig.
Speaker 8: Okay, I gotta let him. I gotta give him hope.
Speaker 1: Okay, solid, solid strategies. Yeah, he's off. All right, Eli sentence, Let's go. Eli sent in a lot of great words here, friend, on, for and off. Yeah, he's friend down right now, Okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Thumbs up, let's go.
Speaker 8: Don't laugh.
Speaker 1: Last, what are you doing, nannedy Shenanigans? Here we go.
Speaker 8: You must I knew you were a naggy at heart.
Speaker 3: Twenty seconds.
Speaker 21: I'm ready to go, buddy, hauling ass, holding hands, hauling ass, calling the X hauling ass. What hauling ass? No, hauling ass, hogging the.
Speaker 1: X, hauling the hogging the X, hogging the X, hogging the X. Dude, save some for the rest of us. Sure you want to hog your ex didn't go good in the first round.
Speaker 3: I'm not hogging the X, but we're hauling ass ass Like the poster Craig, when I talked about posters the other day, I don't care if you heard it or not. Do you remember a poster called hauling Ass? Maybe it was in the back of Spencer's from.
Speaker 8: The twelfth century.
Speaker 3: Guys would have it on there and it was just a bunch of like eighties asses and a truck.
Speaker 1: Behind them, and it said hauling ass.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, I remember it said hauling ass. But yes, I do remember that every dorm room hauling ass.
Speaker 1: You weren't looking at what it said. Yeah for two?
Speaker 8: Okay, not be real good for you, Daniel.
Speaker 1: Not the best start. There's no faith.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. Hey, uh, Daniel, you still there?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, that's your guy. He like plays this game every third week.
Speaker 18: At least there's still hope he's gonna get at least one.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Next word to avoid the show.
Speaker 8: See the last word was messed up because you started laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't laugh. He's funny looking. Showed no emotion, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: All right, no emotion, no emotion?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Were professional Ashley with and I sent this in. It was set on the air I get it. This is a layup thumbs up.
Speaker 17: We'll see thumbs up front but french butt front, but frosty butt front, but free French fries front, but first bite front front. But four seconds?
Speaker 1: Not getting shut out today? Okay? Uh it was Lindsey.
Speaker 3: I A don't least she got any. Nope, you gotta get one to go into ot. You gotta get two to win. Craig Picket, let's go do it. Don't waste my time, dude, I waste my time.
Speaker 1: Don't waste any nice time front. But I'm all the way down here for what Hi, it's turn to look at him there super Craig Picket.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now he's listening to that awful metal song.
Speaker 1: It's super loud.
Speaker 8: It's a good song, not awful.
Speaker 3: It's good, all right, Honduras Daniel, your boys got one?
Speaker 1: Yes, hey, Craig, don't need does take it?
Speaker 18: I don't want them?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll see, we'll see, all right. Here we go twenty seconds on the clock, same time. I'm ready twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Dallas.
Speaker 3: Daniel sent this in thumbs up thumbs up.
Speaker 4: We go.
Speaker 1: This is listener, Craig Picket, stick Nation.
Speaker 13: Stick, Ledger stick Nation, stick Nation, stick Ledger, stick Nation, stick Lader, stick Nation, stuck Nation, stick Nation, stick nature.
Speaker 1: Nature, sicknation. Oh, he was so close. He didn't get it. What was the word it was? God?
Speaker 3: Was it your aol yesterday? You said both words, you didn't put them together, stick Nation.
Speaker 1: Stick from Dallas.
Speaker 8: That's why he is stick from Dallas.
Speaker 3: All right, So he said stick stick and then he said something else, steak nature.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he did not say stick Nation. Oh boy, he got a taste, but he ain't gonna get it.
Speaker 3: All right, I mean a all right, here we go.
Speaker 8: Oh you are a big a.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Sandy.
Speaker 1: Two more if you get. If he goes and gets these two, he wins Sandy with an eye thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 14: Perfect package, perfect something perfect, perfect package package, perfect package.
Speaker 20: We got a game here.
Speaker 4: Perfect package stut r x the perfect package that fits your package perfectly.
Speaker 3: That's you doing this commercial x dot com. Perfect package.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we got a game.
Speaker 8: Well, we'll guaranteed to know what time. Now you're not guaranteed anything. You're not gonna win. He's an aggie. He's just a disappointments.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: The tension. All right, here we go, let's go. Oh comes down to this for the dub, for the big dub.
Speaker 8: Thumbs up for the for the big Man.
Speaker 3: Todd sent this in.
Speaker 1: Nugget sweat.
Speaker 22: Say it again, nugget sweat, nugget sweat, bucket sweat, nugget sweat one more time, nugget sweat nuggets.
Speaker 1: What do you have? God say?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 13: Easy words?
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go, easy words.
Speaker 3: Uh, nugget sweat from Why is the carpet wet?
Speaker 1: Todd? Nugget sweat the win?
Speaker 3: Craig Picket got up with the tickets to Buzzfest. So sorry, Daniel, I'm not. It's not like we gave you your choice of people to pick. We forced chilling upon you.
Speaker 1: All right, Daniel, Thank you, Hey, Craig, Way to go. That's a job.
Speaker 3: Explain it to somebody that has listened to the game for years. How difficult is it with that metal blaring in your ears?
Speaker 8: You hear nothing other than the metal. There's nothing, is it.
Speaker 3: It's got to be a massive distraction it is.
Speaker 1: You hear nothing.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just I don't know if it's the noise canceling or whatever else it is. It is the noise canceling, but you hear just that. If you're able to focus, you can kind of tune it out a little bit. But it's not like you're hearing.
Speaker 8: Background noise or that is the background noise. So yeah, loud and disturbing.
Speaker 3: Have you been to Buzzfest before?
Speaker 8: I have not?
Speaker 1: Nor how ye Chili to go too?
Speaker 3: Now Chili can't go because you have Chili's tickets taking the day off that day.
Speaker 1: All right, Craig pickt everybody man, great.
Speaker 5: Job today The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, the.
Speaker 3: Bus knocking out Chile and read my lips the first listener ever to win read my lips on The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: His story. Yeah, another historic game. I don't know. Craig did a good enough job.
Speaker 3: I think we should open it up to another listener next week.
Speaker 1: Definitely thing so shout out to him and Lindsay.
Speaker 3: And that's a clear winning. And these guys were not We had that guy. We had Daniel on the phone. Craig was not leaving with tickets just for coming down. It was like, hey, I'm always like.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, the guy drove down here.
Speaker 3: Let me should give him something. The Twins were like, he gets nothing, he gets nothing, and we backed it up with having Daniel on the phone. He was gonna win those tickets. Had Chili won but to him. And then so Craig's feeling good about himselves. He's like, dude, let's knock out some of those push ups before he did so, he did a set of push ups with wee. We did twenty five. I'm on the day now, I have seventy five. I'm gonna do so in the nine o'clock hour, I'll knock out another twenty five and then I'll be done with one hundreds.
Speaker 1: For the dead.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that was good. That was really fun. Craig did a good job. Craig did a really good job. It looks like we are going to open it up again next week. We'll have one of you come down to play read my lips.
Speaker 1: We'll decide that on Tuesday against Alex.
Speaker 3: So it goes back and forth.
Speaker 1: Between the twenties.
Speaker 3: No matter who wins, Saliva is in first place right now. When it comes to throwback Thursday, they got forty five percent of the vote. Brother Kane is thirty nine percent of the vote. Oasis fifteen percent of your vote. It's Throwback Thursday. That winning song is going to be played today at nine thirty. Please get at links and guests.
Speaker 5: Today Houston, Houston's alternatives and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die rod Ryan Show throw Back Thursday. He did check out the Fix the Gram Thursday, Chili. It is awesome and it is It is our number one link today.
Speaker 1: But I've been really watching the voting for throwbacks.
Speaker 3: Saliva is back up on top, but man, it's close with that Brother Kine song. I can't believe how close it is. Get your votes in. If you haven't voted yet, I say keep voting. You can only allow to vote once with this new program what we used. But if you haven't voted yet, please vote. Winning song played at nine thirty ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high today of sixty four. And we woke up this morning with some really really sad news that Alex You've been talking about all morning in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brazoria County Deputy Jesse vargas Her has died after being shot in Houston yesterday The shooting occurred on stell Link Road near the six to ten Loop. Robert Lee Davis, third was identified as the shooter and that began an hour's long manhunt that many of us saw the blue alert on our phones for. Davis was later located in a dumpster not too far from the crime scene. He then shot a canine officer twice before being killed by law enforcement. Officer was named Rocky, and he was last reported to be in stable condition, which is terrible news to hear. The wildfires continue to burn out in California. So far, they have destroyed more than twelve thousand structures and charted up more than sixty square miles. The strongest winds weekend yesterday, giving firefighters a much needed break, but it looks like conditions are going to continue to improve and then get worse again next week, so hopefully they can contain as much as possible before next week's forecast. Tens of thousands of people in Los Angeles County remain under evacuation orders, even as orders were lifted in other places. There's still curfews in effect in the Eaton and Palisades fire zones, and on.
Speaker 3: The music blog page, we saw Dave Grohl.
Speaker 1: Dave Grohl was making chili.
Speaker 3: Yep, he was cooking four first responders out there, and that's on the music blog page. And I get it, there's other things to worry about. But Dave's just doing on his birthday, was out there cooking for people, not posting about it. Somebody else posted it. Yeah, but I just thought, wow, we have a Dave roll siding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you.
Speaker 4: Got what it takes drive the Planters Peanuts Netmobile.
Speaker 1: I'm probably a full of nut.
Speaker 3: We're all probably too old. They're probably looking for like young kids. I would imagine promotional kids to do this.
Speaker 4: If you think you guy would takes planners of hiring three people to drive the nutmobile around the country for a year and be brand ambassadors. It'll pay you forty five thousand dollars plus benefits and also comes with a travel stipend. The job starts in June and you can apply for it at plantersnetmobile dot com.
Speaker 1: Forty five grand for one year. If you were just out of college, you do that and.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, yeah, you're out of call. That's why you gotta be a young person to do Yeah, but what is the I remember Dinah is the one that taught me this. She wanted that damn whistle from the Wiener Mobile. Yeah, they would give the Wiener whistles. What is the coveted item? Is there something that they travel with in the Nutmobile that? Or is it just samples of nuts?
Speaker 1: Is there some kind of a nut?
Speaker 23: But?
Speaker 1: What is there?
Speaker 3: Some sort of a.
Speaker 1: Chochki that they give that that that's the thing you? Yeah? What is a monocle? Oh? Good, one, that'd be cool. A cane and a monocle. That'd be fun to give away A top half? Yeah, i'd take that. You played to Helston treams. It's called Nutshell. It's looking for a nut related song.
Speaker 3: I love this song. I can't believe you're playing.
Speaker 1: Those that works songs so wed. They probably played it in the Nutmobile. I doubt it.
Speaker 3: I doubt it. It seems like a pretty cheery place to be. This is not a happy that Nutshell is not a happy song.
Speaker 1: Yeah not really.
Speaker 4: Season two of Squid Games Netflix's third most watched season ever, and it's not even been out three full weeks. So far, it's been viewed one hundred and fifty two million times, the only seasons of any shows on Netflix that have been viewed more than that.
Speaker 1: Our season one of.
Speaker 4: Squid Game, which is the most of you, that was two hundred and sixty five million people watched that. A number two was Wednesday that was two hundred and fifty two million people had viewed that. So, I mean, I'm sure this is going to surpass it now that more people are going to just continue watching it. But Squid Game off to a very hot start since the season two premiere. The new Orans Jazz Festival lineup is out. Pearl Jam is one of the headliners on that bill. Other headliners include Dave Matthews Band, Lil Wayne, Lenny Kravitz, The Roots, Santana, John Fogerty, and Casey Musgraves.
Speaker 1: Pearl Jams the big.
Speaker 13: One though, Like you're like you probably going I go every year.
Speaker 1: Who are you looking most forward to? Is it Pearl Jam?
Speaker 3: You just don't know what kind of mood Pearl Jam's in. They can get a little. Back in the day, they called him shoegazers. You know what that means. Tell me, you're just standing up there staring at your shoes.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what Mayn does, Yeah, No, Maynard does something different by.
Speaker 4: The time, he stares at the back of the stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pro jam doesn't feel a lot of they will play hits. They don't feel as much pressure as everyone else to play the hits. But they don't Dave Matthews band you either. Dave Matthews will do a whole two hour set and maybe play one song that you've heard of before.
Speaker 4: Which, honestly, for a festival, I think that's fine. If you go in like you paid to goes just see Dave Matthews at a concert, I expect you to play the hits.
Speaker 1: We'll kind of f around have fun with it.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a weird, unique kind of spot you're in acl and I mean maybe maybe JazzFest is part of that too, But it's like, if you're playing like Lala, you're playing Coach Ella, I want to see the hits.
Speaker 1: But like if you're.
Speaker 4: Playing some festivals, it's like, yeah, just jam out, do whatever you do.
Speaker 3: But what's guaranteed to happen is Pearl Jam. We'll bring out Steve Gleeson. Yeah, former New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 1: That'll happen. That'll definitely do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got a close they have a very close relationship. With Steve Gleeson.
Speaker 4: The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival runs from April twenty fourth through Sunday April twenty seventh, and then May first through May fourth at the New Orleans Fairgrounds.
Speaker 1: That's what those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got that on the music blog page and you can go to Njazzfest dot com for jazz Fest information.
Speaker 1: It's a great festival, guys. All right, here we go. Well, the Rockets very hot right now.
Speaker 4: They got another win last night, being the Nuggets one twenty eight to one eight. Jalen Green had thirty four points to the nights lead all players and scoring.
Speaker 1: Rockets have now won five in a row.
Speaker 4: To night, They're gonna try and at six as they take on the Sacramento Kings.
Speaker 1: On the road right now. They're at three and a half point underdogs in that game.
Speaker 4: Tip Off is at nine o'clock and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. It's official.
Speaker 3: Kenny Chesney Live at the Sphere, Live.
Speaker 1: At the Sphere, yep. Can you're not going to go to that one? Nah?
Speaker 3: Starting in May for a limited run Kenny Chesney dot com and you can pre sign up for ticket packages and hotel packages. We were talking earlier on the show that Kenny Chesney had a bigger announcement coming up, and the Spears Instagram made it look like it was Kenny Chesney was going to be the announcement.
Speaker 1: You're gonna put it a cow we had in the sphere. They have to not odd sphere, but they can project it on the secre itself and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Green Day, just like that, we're at nine o'clock hour together. My goodness, this is going by quick today coming up Alternative Income. Chance to win one thousand dollars. Listen for the keyword. Then we're going to ask you to enter it at Thebuzz dot com. So it's kind of like a little bit of work on your end, but it's a thousand dollars. And you know, this is the national contest, so you're competing against every wing nutting that listens to iHeartRadio in the country. But I want to get some winners here. I want some local winners. We do pretty good job of this too, you guys do a pretty good job of this. We get some we get a lot of local winners. We only get one opportunity. Jeremy's got his whole show. At ten, after the hour, he's going to be giving you the opportunity. Theresa will do it until five. I only got that one shot. I want somebody that listens to this show to win one thousand dollars. Yeah, so I want you listening for that keyword and doing what they say and best of luck to you. Okay, ghost tickets, I'll give them to here. You'll call in to win them on know the show. They're playing the Toyota Center on August sixteenth. Partner Claudi's Guys tempercent Chance of rain Hi sixty four. We were talking about Kenny Chesney looking like that he was going to be the one that was the next person up to play the sphere once. I guess they probably finally said, Okay, enough Eagles, enough knock it off with your dumb shows.
Speaker 1: Already, you're done.
Speaker 3: So after the Eagles, Kenny Chesney says, a limited run. I don't believe him if they sell out the first.
Speaker 4: A limited run until they want to extend that limited exactly.
Speaker 1: Extraly that's what they'll do.
Speaker 3: But I thought it was interesting that I looked it up. Kenny Chesney has sold thirty million albums. Respectable, it's really.
Speaker 1: Good, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Three Doors Down has sold thirty million albums. They're not playing the sphere. Yeah, at least Kenny Chesney's more of a brand. I understand that. I know, and people have told me he's got his own rum out there.
Speaker 1: You know, he's the.
Speaker 3: He's the Jimmy Buffett of country. You know, I always put Kenny Chesney, Jimmy Buffett, Rip and Sami Hey are in the same like party bucket. Those are the party guys. Your your rock guy. Jimmy Buffett's like on top, he's the ultimate party guy. And then his disciples his you know, his his right and left henshines and also.
Speaker 1: Like the beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bare feet, Kave Matthews can is step it on pop tops.
Speaker 4: I don't know, probably not. He's liked just right outside the circle.
Speaker 3: Dave's Crunchierda's Granola Granola trail mixer. Yeah, Balbushka, what is that?
Speaker 1: What's I don't know? That sounds cool?
Speaker 3: Like what's when you your hair's up in something or you're wearing like one of those long.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's dirty. It's dirty your feet. Those guys are by the water. Dave's not in near water. The feet are dirty, the feet are exposed, but they're not near Waterka.
Speaker 4: Is a headscarf tied under the chin, typically of those worn by Polish.
Speaker 1: And Russian women. Okay, yeah, that's what the old Polish women exactly. All right, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Headband Dave's Dave Matthews is a sundress guy, a dirty sun dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Saliva is in the lead. Saliva click click boom. I'm talking about Throwback Thursday, forty four percent of the vote. Brother Kane and Shoe and Fools Shine on forty one percent of the vote. They're about forty votes back Oasis super Sonic.
Speaker 1: Is out of it. They're out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that nine point thirty is when that winning song is going to be played. Food blog page today. I think this is real. She's a younger woman on TikTok and she's she's shocked to discover that you're supposed to add water to.
Speaker 1: Some of the Campbell's soups that are out there.
Speaker 3: She thought that they were just soup right out of the can and you just eat them as his and like the kids on TikTok, they are blown away at everyday things.
Speaker 4: Can't say I didn't know this my whole life.
Speaker 1: I was kind of late in life.
Speaker 4: I realized that, and I didn't usually read the can. I was like, well, I want this soup and it's done.
Speaker 3: It's done, like for instance, off the top of my head, I'm sure you don't eat it, but cream a mushroom soup? Okay, Like that's so thick. You just ate it like that cream of whatever. You didn't get a can of water to it.
Speaker 1: It was tomato soup. Was when I really realized, like, this is really like party thick.
Speaker 4: And my wife was like, no, you splits to put water in the can and then half and half. I was like, oh, okay, give me an h I lived with my wife.
Speaker 3: Oh sugar, okay. Should have made a TikTok. That would have been sick.
Speaker 1: Guys, OMG, did you know.
Speaker 3: Did you guys know that they make these crazy Do you guys know they make plastic things to hang your clothes in the closet.
Speaker 1: I've just been like throwing my clothes on the floor. They're called hangers. I'm sure there's a video out there like that. So these cans, did you like?
Speaker 4: Instead of just throwing them in the ground until you can open them, they have these openers for what are.
Speaker 3: These cars on the road? What are these cars? People are like getting into these things and driving.
Speaker 4: You have to stop every so often and fill them up with gas.
Speaker 3: Remember me mentioning the movie Jesse Eisenberg wrote and directed and Kieran Kulkin, who I really liked because I watched won a munch of awards Succession. Yeah, the first award show was the Golden Globes and Kieran Culkin won.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's just a natural.
Speaker 3: He's kind of Vince Vaughney where he just it's I think he's just playing himself and everything now because how he was in Succession was kind of exactly how he was in this movie called A Real Pain on Hulu. I just like you to know that I paid nineteen dollars and ninety nine cents for this movie and now it's streaming on hulut You thanks, guys. Can you tell me, like, hey, in two weeks, this is gonna be free.
Speaker 4: Probably you probably look it up somewhere, okay, because I did that with Gladiator forever.
Speaker 1: Still haven't watched Gladiator too yet, but I've been wanting is that streaming now? You can rent it kind of streams.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, now I'm in that conundrum, like if I in it now, is it gonna stream tomorrow?
Speaker 3: It'll eventually stream. I get that, but what is this nineteen ninety nine for the first week, who's like chopping at the bit for Jesse Eisenberg and Kieran Kolkin.
Speaker 1: I mean, it won an Awards, so people are trying to do and.
Speaker 4: Then that's why, Yes, Grammys are coming up, so people are trying to watch all the Grammys movies so they can still make a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of money on that. The Oscar movies Oscar, same thing, the Grammy movies, same thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's cool. I pay twenty dollars for that, and it's free now. And it's just started today streaming for freudating the economy. It's National Nothing Day. It's been celebrated since nineteen seventy three. You can observe it by doing nothing. I Seinfeld, you know I hate that. You know I hate the nothing.
Speaker 1: You know what, Good luck on your long way to the middle.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're just gonna do nothing all day, here's a chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Go get it.
Speaker 4: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod Last the Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, good luck man.
Speaker 3: I know some of you are trying to get after that alternative income. Jeremy will have another shot for you at ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten.
Speaker 1: You see what's going on there.
Speaker 3: Right ten after the hour through Teresa at five ten, so nine to five at ten after the hour, a chance to win some alternative income one thousand dollars. Listen for the keyword enter it out to the buzz dot com. Go get that money.
Speaker 12: Tomline Kid's Alix online nine five the Muzz.
Speaker 3: Tyson sent me a quick email. Maybe make you feel a little better from the Rod. I eat Campbell's straight from the can chicken noodle cream and mushroom cream of chicken. No, Li've been doing it since I was a kid, currently fifty years old.
Speaker 1: Tyson edible is but it's soup. Yeah, it's you know, add a can of water to it.
Speaker 3: Soup it even recommendable. It's recommended by the company.
Speaker 1: That makes it. Who cares? What do they know?
Speaker 3: Apparently soup? They know about soup. What are you doing on EOL today?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 4: You're going to be finding out what David Bowie did at age? Give me just give me a random age, not even your age pick up number. I mean you type in your age and David Bowie is probably done something cooler than you at your age.
Speaker 3: Right, how old is Chili? Tell me you don't know how old your twin brother is.
Speaker 1: He's forty two. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows that. Then type in forty two. I know you're guessing too.
Speaker 1: We're talking about.
Speaker 4: When David Bowie was forty two, he formed a new band called ten Machine. The band consisted of him on lead vocals and guitar, Reeves Gabriels on guitar, and Tony Sales on bass.
Speaker 1: Hunt Sales was on the drum.
Speaker 3: Do you know who the sales brothers are? Soupy Sales Kids, Soupy Sales Kids. Do you know who Soupy Sales is?
Speaker 1: No? I do, not a sailor w WEENBC.
Speaker 3: Soupy Sales Howard Stern and Don imus that was the lineup at WNBC. Soupy Sales was a TV funny guy that was always just around Soupy Sales.
Speaker 1: Kids were in that band with David Gowie. All Right, pick another age, pick another age, one more, we'll do.
Speaker 3: What did David Bowie do at twenty seven twenty seven? Because at that point he had already done more than all of us.
Speaker 4: At twenty seven, David Bowie moonwalked long before Michael Jackson did on the Diamond Dog Tour. It's got a video of him moonwalk Pretty crazy stuff. David Bowie has had a cool or had a cooler life than we did at our ages. Go check it out to see what he did when he was your age at the one Famous rod Ryan showpage at Buzz dot com.
Speaker 13: True Back, First Ray show on.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. I'm still getting my bearings and myself here in twenty twenty five, so I've un assessed. I know there's some new stuff that's being played right now on nights, and I hear a couple of things that I really like that might still be the best song on the radio station. Yeah, Yeah, And they've held that crowd for a long long time. That still might be the best thing that we have to offer here.
Speaker 1: At ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: The buzz I'm still I love it and all the other tracks. That Lincoln Park album.
Speaker 1: Is so good.
Speaker 3: Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: I know they're not coming here.
Speaker 3: I get it. I'm kissed too. Ten percent chance of ringing partly cloudy, high of about sixty four. I cannot believe you unlocked this memory for me?
Speaker 1: What is your thing?
Speaker 3: Pay attention on my amls sometimes David Bowie?
Speaker 4: What did David Bowie do at your age? And you type in any age and it'll show you something he did that. It's probably cooler than what you did at.
Speaker 3: That And you said, give me an age. I said, forty two, same age as Army Chilli.
Speaker 1: Chilie's not forty two. You talking about very young. It's not forty two young. He's a young man, Chili. Would you tell your twin how old you are?
Speaker 8: If Alex says I'm forty two, I'm forty.
Speaker 1: Two, he's forty two. Nailed it?
Speaker 3: No, you didn't, right on the button.
Speaker 1: No you didn't nailed it forty four No, Jilli, No, told you forty two two? Is it really? I think you guys are lying to me two thirty two?
Speaker 8: For why would I lie about my age?
Speaker 1: I don't know. No one lies about their age.
Speaker 3: Guatemalans don't crack true.
Speaker 1: That's so great.
Speaker 3: So at forty two you said David Bowie was in this band called Tin.
Speaker 1: Machine ten Machine.
Speaker 3: I totally forgot about it. I told you the Soupy.
Speaker 1: Sales story Sales Brothers Soupy Sales nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: This song, if you want to go listen to a cool song today, it's playing right now the video and you'll see why him and Trent Reznor became such good friends. Trent Reznor always looked up to David Bowie, and they did. They ended up working together later on. But this song came out in eighty nine, and it's got a look to it. The video has a look to it. It's the same year A pretty.
Speaker 1: Hate Machine came out by nine inch Nails.
Speaker 3: Okay, this video and this album or this this song is so great. It's called Under the God Tin Machine. Go look it up today on your own Let's throw back Thursday. You want to go check out something cool. I don't think it was ever a huge hit.
Speaker 1: So I don't know back though Throwback Players says, great throwback.
Speaker 3: I saw David Bowie live in concert. Really, yes, it's very incredible. I brag about that. And Trent Resnor was in the audience. It was one of those It was a smaller show. I think it was at the Orpheum, and a friend of mine got me into the show. And you know, David Bowie's nickname was the Thin White Duke.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: You couldn't take your eyes off of him. He just looked like such a superstar, skinny, best looking man on the planet, not a hair out of place, thin, chiseled face, chisel chiseled.
Speaker 1: Was the volume like on the hair, it was good.
Speaker 3: Good dude had good hair.
Speaker 1: How old is Trent Resner, I like, I don't.
Speaker 4: If you had said win a nine ins nails start, I would have not said eighties.
Speaker 3: Trent Resnor is probably little older than me. Trent Resnor's fifty seven. I see Trent Rosthers fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Tell me I'm right.
Speaker 4: Trent Resnor is fifty nine, close, very close, little older than Chili credible.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Go check out that song.
Speaker 3: Today, guys, Oasis Supersonic never had a chance.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why it's a great song. I don't know. I'm gonna go listen to that.
Speaker 3: The other bands are not playing stadiums. Oasis is playing stadiums and selling out stadiums.
Speaker 1: I'm mad.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Mexico City to see this band. I'm not going to Mexico City to see Saliva or Brother Kane.
Speaker 1: Would you go see Brother Kin in Mexico City?
Speaker 3: I'd go see what they're playing here? Yeh, last place, Oasis, Saliva, click clickboom, forty percent of the vote, Brother Kine and Fools Shine On, Guys, I told you you couldn't get it wrong today. This is a great song. It got forty seven percent of your vote.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, Mom, it's so bad Thursday, Whatever the hell? Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five. HT the bush.
Speaker 23: Don't see me?
Speaker 8: I can't see me.
Speaker 1: It's so easy.
Speaker 4: To believe in you.
Speaker 1: I believe in you.
Speaker 4: You're a jo.
Speaker 1: My show, Where noly.
Speaker 3: Do say?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 1: I was seeing in here said? Where said? Walk Marrow? Don't mollrow?
Speaker 3: Come together?
Speaker 13: He and.
Speaker 1: We meet? Walk the.
Speaker 4: Stray row.
Speaker 1: Look behind me.
Speaker 8: It's light up.
Speaker 1: The light upstir signs, sig.
Speaker 10: Sick go.
Speaker 23: Sign Yo, Come seemer, dont seem, come seemer.
Speaker 1: We'll save the.
Speaker 10: Wherea The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Side effects include mood swings. Mood Swings.
Speaker 10: Ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: Like to bend the note, Beral, I really like that bar right there. Yeah, no, no, no, no, it's it's a. It's a.
Speaker 3: It's my work on the fretboard brown bran Bran. I'm bending the note a little bit. Ninety four or five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That Brother Kane song sounded great. It is an unlikely winner today.
Speaker 1: Halloween would have been third out of what I thought would have won.
Speaker 3: That song plays on the closing credits of Halloween fifty seven.
Speaker 1: They made fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's Halloween six, one of them, one of the Halloweens that is, you know, Michael Myers gets done slashing and then boom scene.
Speaker 1: I feel like that could have just done all.
Speaker 3: Over and then all the names of the movie end credits. So Eli is a big Halloween horror movie fan.
Speaker 1: Jazzy credits in that one too. I don't know, I don't know sure Hooters. I'm gonna say yes. I don't know. Do you have a new past?
Speaker 3: The gravy up? I should have mentioned that earlier today the show. It's Thursday, I know that gravy Day was yesterday. Episode five ninety nine is up. I changed the game this week, Rod and I got rid of sloppy Joe's. I created classy Joseph's and I'll tell you how I made those. On the podcast this week, we talked about bad sports fans because there's been some.
Speaker 1: Less than fantastic fan behavior of last week.
Speaker 4: We talked football, the NFL playoffs, colleg football playoff, and then we power ranked toy Story characters because that was very important people that needed to do that. We also told you it's not cool and answer some questions this week, so go check it out. Jeezus, great podcast, Episode six hundred coming next week.
Speaker 3: What are you doing for six hundred?
Speaker 1: I think we're doing it here. It's too quick to like turn around and.
Speaker 3: You just did the spectacular. Yeah, okay, we are going to give away a pair of tickets to go see Ghosts at the Toyota Center August sixteenth. We'll have a question for you on the flip of this break. You know, the show coming up.
Speaker 19: With Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Good Morning, ninety four or five, The Buzz Okay, guys, let's wrap this show up. Apparently Alex and I were just over here chitchat any think the show was already over gossiping a couple of guys.
Speaker 1: You're sitting around chit chat you know, alright, it's time to know the show.
Speaker 3: We've got tickets to go see Ghost at the Toyota Center August sixteenth.
Speaker 1: Do you have a question. This is a pretty easy one.
Speaker 4: This week we found out we thought was kind of a surprised person that when you're getting a residency at the Sphere, it's a limited residency at the Sphere in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Big announcement today, who was it?
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, uh, you're going to see Ghost Rock ninety four five, The Buzz Okay, Okay ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Nothing over at ten percent chance of Ray Party, Claude's Guys sixty four will be the high today for your throwback Thursday, I got nine fifty six. We gotta go. PE's now time for We Know the show. On ninety four five The buzz La La La la la La La La La La La la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hello, Hello, who's this hey? Colin? How are you doing great?
Speaker 8: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Great? Welcome to the show, Alex.
Speaker 3: What's your question?
Speaker 4: We were talking today about somebody that was kind of a surprise to us that got a residency at the sphere.
Speaker 1: Who was that person?
Speaker 8: That would be Kimmy Chesney.
Speaker 1: Must be a chest nut over here, Chestnut.
Speaker 3: Say his name again, Colin, say it Kenny, Kimmy Chesney, Chesney, Chesney.
Speaker 1: So I'm Chesney.
Speaker 3: Of course I'm saying it wrong, of course.
Speaker 1: Chesney. You know what Chesney?
Speaker 14: You are?
Speaker 1: Chest Nuts? Am I right? Colin?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 3: I should have just gone home right there. You're going to see You're going to see Ghost at the Toyota Center on August sixteenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, A cool deal.
Speaker 8: Appreciate you, guys.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, dude.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Colin.
Speaker 20: Hang on for me, Oh, Cooper, this is Ghost. Papa they call him Papa.
Speaker 1: Is that what they call him?
Speaker 3: The Yeah, the lead singer.
Speaker 1: They call him Papa, lead ghost always like a pope looking guy.
Speaker 3: I can say a dead pope could be devil pope, something like that.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we gotta go.
Speaker 3: What happened to Tom this morning?
Speaker 1: Tom fresh out of bed, head to head one pump chump lost of Jerry? He did? He did?
Speaker 3: What about Craig Picket today.
Speaker 4: Star first listener to win read my lips in rod Ryan Show history ever?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're gonna invite another one of you down next week. Everyone's asking where do I sign up to play?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 3: We have other things for you to sign up for. We have other things for you to do.
Speaker 1: Mile of meat.
Speaker 3: Okay, mile of meat. If you're a single dude, I need you. On the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. I got one hundred bottles of Carlock love Street on the wall, a chance to win five hundred dollars each quarter during the Big Game. Oh forgot octomom is on the Looking at Girls blog past today. Well she never went away, but what she did kind of post something notice having a birthday today. Danny ash never heard of her.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: At one point, she was, by Guinness Book of World Records, the most downloaded woman on the internet. She was kind of like a porn chick. It was Danny's hard drive. She was the most downloaded woman on the internet early in the infancy, like two thousand, the year two thousand. Now it's hard to find a picture of her. Really, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: She's having a birthday today.
Speaker 3: She just must have pieced out Kate Moss birthday today. Jessica Simpson back on the Looking at Girls blog page. Number one blog page was Sixtagram Thursday, then Looking at Dudes, all right, I'm sorry, Looking at Girls, then the throwback Thursday. A lot of votes today, man, thank you very much for that. Big Jeremy Benson is up next. I heard him.
Speaker 1: He's got to pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: At ten after ten minutes from now, He's going to give you a chance at that alternative income.
Speaker 1: He's going to do that his entire show. Terresa will go until.
Speaker 3: Five to ten with that too. Man, listen for that keyword enter at the buzz dot com try to win that thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Guys, we're back tomorrow with free beer Friday.
Speaker 3: Thank you Specs. We'll see if we can get somebody to win a couple of games in a row on the fresh out of bed head to head, More Buzzfest tickets, more Papa Roach tickets, more everything tomorrow, including open phones Friday, that last hour, This is custom station.
Speaker 10: Who are you Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or listen at iheartrating? Who are you? Make sure listen?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I ready?
Speaker 3: Voice guy kicking us out of here. Okay, guys, have an awesome day. We're on a twenty hour break, amfod.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.