Speaker 1: One o one with linchon Taco one, Orlando's rock station one oh one one w j r R. Okay, listen, business is really going to be picking up here in a few minutes. We've announced our iHeartRadio Music Festival in Vegas. Trips start going out today right around nine oh five, will be the first one. It's a text to enter and win contest when you get to keywords, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you text them to two hundred, two hundred.
Speaker 1: They go out at nine oh five, one oh five, and five oh five, three times a day. All right, so go back. Coming up before we even get to that, though, it'll be you say. We play brought to you by Fairwin's Credit Union listener suggestion this morning Taco giving you three song choices from Warrant on the Facebook.
Speaker 2: Page again, w j r R Facebook page. Go there, tell us which one are the three Warrant songs you want us to play back at nine we'll play the one with the most votes, and somebody who votes is winning tickets for the Big jar R Show Night number one with Talica. All right, there you go, so say, are our Facebook page?
Speaker 1: Get out fifteen minutes to get that done. All right, let's start with this story out of the UK. Words matter today more than ever. I think, Taco, you really gotta, you know, filter and consider how things may be perceived and construed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you have to think about everything before you say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, despite what your true intentions may be, it's always a good idea to maybe just slow down a little bit.
Speaker 2: A lot of times I tend not to do that.
Speaker 1: We love you for it. It adds a certain pizzazz to the show. A DIY store in the UK called B and Q. It's a chain of stores that has made a public apology after some of their advertising didn't go over so well. Okay, keep in mind to do it do it yourself store. These deals were furniture in a box and stuff. Yeah, got it. They were advertising for a storage unit that in the description said was quote so easy to put together that even a girl could do it.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought they were doing it for a storage unit and they were gonna say the perfect size for a body.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, that might have gone over better. Actually, wow, that is bad. Now again back up to what I just said. They're playing on a stereotype, a long held stereotype. And again I don't think that whoever really meant. But words matter these days, and therefore the public apology.
Speaker 2: Yeah they didn't mean it in a hurtful manner. But don't you when you come up with slogans and stuff or your DIY store, don't you kind of bab it around with a few people.
Speaker 1: You would think there'd be some sort of process that it goes through before it gets to the actual advertisement. Now the irony here, of course, I find in this is, you know, my situation is probably a lot different than many of yours. I am not good at putting things together. In fact, I avoid putting things together at all costs.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: I have to force myself and have done so recently in an effort to work on my patience, and I found it a bit therapeutic. But normally I default the putting together stuff, specifically furniture and a box stuff to the wife, who loves doing it.
Speaker 2: And clearly knows how. I remember earlier this year, you put together a couple things. What for your back porch? I think right now?
Speaker 1: No, I put together actually a pretty involved TV stand with LED lighting and all sorts of stuff. Took me a while, but I that's it. Wouldn't happen in my world. Powered through it, and imagine my surprise when I successfully completed it, walking around like a proud peak.
Speaker 2: Look at this, you know there's a little uh the hand, not a dolly, but it's it's to drag your boat around by hand. It has a little tailor heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of like they use an the Indy car in F one racing that lifts up the front of the vehicle.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yeah. I put one of those together, three bolts left over. It's like this all jacked. I go, this is why I don't do it exactly. Why do you do? Do you do this too?
Speaker 1: Do you rationalize and go, oh, those must just be extra Oh of course, I mean nobody notices that the thing is off by about three inches on one side because those extra bolts. My other favorite is, uh, the instructions sometimes are those three D diagrams, and I'm like, oh you kidding? Oh my god, just looking at that, I get anxiety.
Speaker 2: Huh. Are they're written as small as they possibly can? If they're written down, you're going.
Speaker 1: Huh, dude, I told you I've said this probably one hundred times. I'll say it one more time. My inclination to if you need to pay. You don't have to do this as much nowadays because a lot of these things come assembled now, specifically grills, But back before it wasn't always the case. Sometimes you'd have to pay for assembly or assemble it yourself. And by God, assembled this grill. Spent better part of an afternoon doing it. Got down to the very end and realized we had put the key piece on it was on backwards, and to fix it, disassemble just.
Speaker 2: You've talked about it in the air. It sticks in my head. Oh my god. Putting together that blackstone Blackstone's a great you know, what's what we call it? Device? Yes, but putting it together no way.
Speaker 1: A'st hardware. Just rolled on up with that bad boy in on a truck and rolled it right up.
Speaker 2: So thank you very much. Somebody said I did not inherit. My granddad's my grandparents handy Jean right either.
Speaker 1: We're with you, all right, listen to this. Say hello to Katherine Kipness. Catherine lives down in Miami Dade County in South Florida. She is accused of being the driver that fatally struck a pedestrian this past weekend, then drove away In fact, let's let's set the severity of this fatally struck the pedestrian. In fact, the victim was identified as a forty one year old person who was walking through a crossrock. Sorry, I get that's the victim's name. The driver was, I want to get this right here. Ivanna Gomes. Okay, Kipness was the victim. Evanna Gomez charged with being the driver that fled hit the person woman walking through the crosswalk so hard. This is one fifteen Saturday morning in little Havana. Oh god, hit the victims so hard at the victim's head went into the vehicle through the windshield, and some of the victim's hair got caught on the passenger seat belt. The officer witnessed the crash and tried to stop Gomes, but she didn't stop. Affidavid went on to say she kept driving until she was slowed by traffic. When the police eventually caught up to her, they could smell booze coming from her, noticed that she had bloodshot eyes, there was vomit on the passenger seat, and then, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, this is the It's already horrific, she said, told said, it's just a homeless person. I hit.
Speaker 1: It was an accident.
Speaker 2: You're done, lady.
Speaker 1: Judge didn't find this very compelling either. Currently two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bond sitting in jail waiting for a next appearance. It was just a homeless person. Somebody said, so easy, Lynch can do it. Yeah, yeah, put that on the box. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Somebody else mentioned what you mentioned. Ace Hardware preassembles grills. Love those guys. Now, when I got my big Green Egg there they did it. But for my Blackstone, Remember I got that great deal online online. Doesn't put it together for you, handyman did? Thank god?
Speaker 1: How much did that cost you to have put together?
Speaker 2: It was an hourly thing and it took at least an hour with all those bolts.
Speaker 1: To anybody who lives with a roommate or has, you undoubtedly have probably had disagreements over habits, multiple types of habits in different areas. And well, yes, yes, let's go to Provo, Utah, where a twenty three year old woman has been arrested for assault after she allegedly tried to strangle her roommate during an argument over dirty plates not being washed.
Speaker 2: Is this the ones where she's soaking them? Police? Say.
Speaker 1: The woman followed the victim of the roommate as she ran to her room, pushed through the closed bedroom door, made her fall to the ground, grabbed her by the hair and neck, and strangled her to the point where she couldn't breathe. She also tried to kick her.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: At this point, the victim managed to get ahold of a phone and call you know, nine one one when the police arrived, and all of this eventually sorted out with the arrest of the aggressive roommate, who was upset over the dirty dishes. No, there was no soaking mentioned, although it is. It is Utah where soaking has a whole different Uh. Oh, I know what that is there in Utah.
Speaker 2: Pat is back to the real, said the other soaking in the sink. Pat is not a fan of that. No. No, anytime the wife or kid has something in the sink, soak and I, uh.
Speaker 1: Don't you that's a pet peeve of yours too, isn't it the soak mine?
Speaker 2: No? No, I can handle it because I soak stuff every now and then. But mine is that I refuse to clean the uh like this kind of container or plastic you know, like during during school isolated cups. Yeah, and then and then the little tupperware because it's a pain to and I don't use it. So I figured, hey, if you come up from school with tupperware, don't just throw it in the sink, you know, clean it, because I'm not. It just it's there in stacks.
Speaker 1: My uh, my answer when because you know, the other members of my household know that the soaking thing is a pet peeve. And my argument is, and I have to put it since I discovered those I don't even know what are those smiley faced things. Those scrubbers would say, scrubby. Yeah, those those will take off whatever you're trying to soak immediately.
Speaker 2: They'll take off a paint job on a car, a little yellow, little yellow ones that are rough.
Speaker 1: About the size of a hockey puck. No no soaking needed. When you got one of those bad boys.
Speaker 2: And one j r R. It just rocks.