Speaker 1: And if at five KRCD Talk station. Happy Wednesday, Americans for Prosperity doing great things here in the state of Behind, across this great land of ours. And one of the men we always talk to for Americans for Prosperity, Welcome back, Donovan O'Neil. It's always a pleasure to have you on the program, my friend.
Speaker 2: Brian, great to be here with you this morning.
Speaker 1: So we got something to talk about. You've got an event for Bernie Marino. What's this one all about?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so you know, we can only go so long, Brian without getting out there and waiving some signs and doing a little rally in. And so we've got that inch just hit us, and we're going to be out there at the Cincinnati office today at noon, not protesting him, not telling him what he's doing wrong, but encouraging to stay the course and protect prosperity by making the Trump tax cuts permanent. So we're excited to get out there while the video truck while a number of folks joining us across southwest Ohio. It should be a good time and again a good opportunity to highlight the importance of following through the promises these folks made last year when they were camping to earn our votes.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's a good time to be pushing this issue. First off, coming off the heels of my conversation with Jack adan At about envy, you know, one of the reasons they justify excessive taxation is because, well, you just make too much money. We're going to take a chunk of it because we know how to better spend it than you do. But to that latter point, they can't say that anymore because Doge, it's been brought to all of our collective attention. Republican Democrat, everybody in between, anybody who actually pays into the system realizes they don't mind the store. They are abusing the taxpayers and our labor, which is converted into money which is then taxed. You know, I mean, I've got down that road. Every time you worked for it, you got up out of bed on days you didn't even want to get up, and they took a sizeable chunk of it. And what do we find out it's been done with it, It's been sent all over the world. They're not paying attention to the books. They're letting people with dead people obviously dead people remain as active on the Social Security ranks, which even if they're not getting checks, is still something. It's a vehicle for fraud, and they're pointing out there is a truckload of fraud. Does anybody in government do anything about it? Apparently not, not until evil eat billionaire Elon mush shows up and for free starts ferreting it all out, using his wit, his intellect, and his artificial intelligence to go through the books. Yes, keep the Trump tax cuts in place. Let us have the freedom to spend the money. You got me on a Tarr Donovan, We're.
Speaker 2: Gonna put the megaphone in your hands at noon today down there at Bernie's office, because that's the kind of stuff we're talking about. Brian, You're right, we should, we should have a little outrage, especially as our friends in the progressive left are going on their amnesia tour, folks like Tim Walls and AOC and others are running around the country trying to stir up descent here where the reality is, we're getting what we voted for. We wanted efficiency in our government. Our if our federal government was a private corporation or a publicly traded corporation, right where where you had investors taking a look and hoping for returns. I think you'd be jumping ship left and right as you begin to see and understand what some of the Trump administration and Elon Musk through the dose you're doing.
Speaker 1: Right, So the board of directors, if it was a private company, would be sued for for breach of fiduciary obligations to their shareholders.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and so you know, I think it's good and I from the conversations I have what I see traveling around the state talking to groups, and I don't just live in an echo chamber, Brian. Right, We're out there talking to folks at the doors in communities, at events, coffee shops, gas stations, grocery stores. They're happy about the things that are happening here because they want efficiency in government. Nobody likes seeing their money leave their paycheck and go into a black hole in Washington, d C. Where bureaucrats spend it. Uh Like they're they're they're starting to bonfire. This is good stuff and we got to be out there now here's important too. We got to be out there with folk, not just when we're upset about something, but to but to be out there when good things are happening. And in this case, what Bernie Moreno is doing in his time as a senator, uh, the work he's doing to advocate to protect trust already. That's why we're going to be out there today is to make sure he knows their folks here in the state will appreciate him and the work he's doing well.
Speaker 1: And as a successful businessman himself, he gets all this. You know what I'm saying. I mean, he has spin out there. He has knows what the regulatory burdens are like, he knows what the tax burdens are like. He knows where the interference in how to run a successful business comes from. And it's not because they have incompetent people working for you. It's because the government comes in, incompetent as they may be, and tries to tell you how your life should be run. And it always ends up in some sort of epic failure at least a massive roadblock to success and prosperity.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, who better than somebody who's created jobs for folks right, created payrolls, pay taxes himself, corporate and individual, and wants to get a good returnal and investment every American wants that, right. We want the tax dollars we pay to go towards good programs that are efficiently run that they'll get the results that were promised out of them. And that's all we're asking for here, but also making sure that government isn't taken more than it needs. And that's why it's important to make these Trump tax cuts permanent and get that job done here over the next few weeks as they work through the reconciliation process.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I know you've got the paulse Bernie Marino and you know Bernie Marine is a solid on keeping the trap of the Trump tax cuts in place. Are you concerned about, you know, reconciliation and that there are individuals in the Republican Party who are going to end but tanking this by keeping their own pet projects in or otherwise continuing the over excessive spending in federal government alive.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and that's why you know, across the country, you made this twenty million dollar investment as an organization, so this isn't just an Ohio project. This is happening in all fifty states. As you know. AFP's a nationwide crossroots organization. Yeah, because you know, you've got what is it, five hundred and thirty five different individuals representing five hundred and thirty five different constituencies across the country, and we need to make sure that those folks Congress, m Senate right together, stay the course and stay on track. And so it's a it's a tenuous situation right in Washington. Nothing ever works out the way you plan it or hope it too. But with the leadership, you know, Speaker Mike Johnson, I think that's the most challenging chamber. We're seeing them slowly but surely navigate this process. And we know Senates and lockstep we're going to get the job done. So but we got to keep that noise level up and we got to keep folks in Congress, the folks we elected, mission focused and on target. And that's a lot of what our Protecting Prosperity campaign is all about.
Speaker 1: All right, And AFP if you and I'm sure AFP knows who I'm talking about, you know, can name names, They know who the concerns are within the conservative side of the Ledger And you can scream all day long outside of Democrats office and probably not going to listen to a word, you say. But on the Republican side, there are those big government Republicans, the so called rhino is out there. Do you speak truth to power to those elected officials outside their offices and call them out on how they might end up tanking this potentially wonderful process of getting budget budget reconciliation through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're still in the nice guy faith, Brian. Right, so you hope to win more folks over with honey than vinegar, right, Yes, a lot of Hey, remember remember what we were all campaigning on last year. Remember what you were here in at town halls and events with us last year. Let's make sure we follow through all those promises. Right, So we're still in that win them over with honey, try to you know, try to remind them of the of.
Speaker 1: What the promises were.
Speaker 2: But yeah, when push comes to shoves, accountability is a two way street, right. We're going to push hard to make sure these things get done. And you know they follow through on the on the things they said they would do. As Jim Jordan famously says.
Speaker 1: Glad to hear that, Donov and Neil keep up the great work. You want to give my listeners a specific website and recap the details of the event, the where and the when, and then give give my listeners the website how they can help out with your efforts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be down at the John Peck Central Building today down on Main Street in Cincinnati from noon to two. Noon to two today, you'll see a big truck. You'll see some folks waving signs. Feel free to join us stop, I say hi, so join us there. Otherwise, stay in touch with our Protect Prosperity campaign by going to protect Prosperity dot com. Protect Prosperity dot com, Join us, take action, make a difference.
Speaker 1: Every little bit helps, as we learn time and time again from Donovan, and you know, Donovan, I'll look forward to having you back on again soon. I hope a lot of people show up at the rally and tell Bernie Marina we all said hi, thanks, Brian, take care youtwoe brother seven forty fifty five KRECD talk station here. I love my friends at Butterbert Motors. I just think it's the coolest thing. Five generations of Herbert family members selling only the finest lawn equipment out there. John Deere, you got x Mark mowers, you got steel power equipment, I don't know. Quite a few things from steel, from from Buttermoters, and of course my Honda push mower, the last more I will ever buy, so saith the Herbert family. When I bought it commercial gray, you know, you'll use it like once or twice, maybe three times a week when the grass is really growing. But I'm not gonna have to buy another one again. They keep it serviced. I have them over to the house to service that. They delivered it to my door after I decided what I was buying. They'll take great care of you. They are knowledgeable about the products they sell, unlike the box store folks, and their name is on the company. They're of course proud of what they do, so they've got the reputation on the line. So you get superior service, superior equipment from but Herbert Motors. To learn more, go online. It's Budheerbertmotors dot com, Buttebertmotors dot com and tell them. Brian said, how can you call them up? Five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five four one thirty two ninety one fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: As men get older, our bodies change