Speaker 1: Karen, Yes, I got a good one for you. That what happens when a paranormal experience, car jung and existential dread walk into a bar. Everything happens, Well, you won't be wrong. However, we get this week's guest on the show right. She's an author, a youngin coach, a spiritual director who went on a mind blowing journey to answer life's ultimate questions. In this episode, she's gonna spill the tea on what happens when we die, oh, how karma actually works, and hint it's not about scoring points and why shadow integration might just be the key to finding your true self. If you've ever wrestled with the meaning of life or just wanted to know what's on the other side of the veil, this is one you do not want to miss. Skeptic men, Position starts now. My name is Will, and, unlike Boulder and Scully, believe so. We've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 2: We've talked to people deeply entrenched in the spiritual and metaphysical world.
Speaker 1: We've thrown ourselves into weird and wonderful experiences. I even joined a coven of witches.
Speaker 2: And wait, you joined a coven.
Speaker 1: Yep, all on the interest of finding something, anything, that will prove that there's something beyond this physical.
Speaker 2: Three dimensional world we all live in.
Speaker 1: This is the Skeptic Metaphysicians there. It's Will just stepping in here for a second to ask you for a favor. See, the main reason we do this show is to help others in their spiritual awakening, and nothing makes us happier than to hear or read messages from those that are resonating with the messages we're sharing on the show. So if you have a moment, we'd love for you to leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or any other podcasting platform that supports them, or if you prefer, we'd love for you to contribute to the show by heading to Skeptic Physician dot com in sending us a voicemail or an email from our website. Karen and I love hearing from those that are moved to message us. It truly does fuel our passion. You are the reason we do this show, and knowing what you like and don't like, well, that's gonna help us craft the very best show we can so that we can help raise the vibration of the planet together. Okay, I've kept you from the interview long enough, so let's get to it. Thanks for listening. Hey, there, I will and I'm Karen. And today's guest is an author, a spiritual director, and Youngian coach who's been on a mind blowing journey for answers after a life changing paranormal experience. Brandy dove deep into contemplative spirituality in Carl Jung's teachings, uncovering profound insights about reincarnation, karma, and the meaning of life. Now, in her book Through the Veil, a Glimpse into the Afterlife, she explores it all, and today she's here to share her wisdom with us. Welcome to the show, Brandy Anderson.
Speaker 3: Are you doing Hey, thank you for having me. It's great to be here today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our studio audience is very excited about having you on the show. Well, I'm excited, yeah, to get a little red Bucks sometimes, So we got it. Just okay, that's not right, all right, So, Brandy, is a pleasure to meet you. Finally, I've done a lot of research on you, and I'm excited where the conversation is going to go. Karen, however, has no idea who you are or why you're here.
Speaker 2: So this sounds kind of bad. I mean that's intentional.
Speaker 1: It is intentional.
Speaker 2: No people to think I'm just a Yeah, it's a perspective.
Speaker 1: It's a perspective of the audience. We do it on purpose so she can bring those fresh questions to mine. So I think I just want to dive right into your experiences. What brought you down this path to explaining the whole reason we're here?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, well, I had a spiritual awakening back in twenty fourteen, and that just kind of propelled me on a journey of teking out ultimate truth. So I was coming from a Christian context, meaning that I was raised in a Christian family, although I was not practicing any form of religion. I simply would have just identified as a Christian without actually, you know, being a christ follower because I wasn't plugged into any churches. I wasn't you know, engaged in any way with my faith. And so I had this spiritual awakening and it just it just blew my world apart. And so I plugged into churches and I began just reading and studying and just trying to lay a groundwork for what had happened to me, like, have some some sort of foundation to to hang what had happened to me on if that makes sense a way to understand it.
Speaker 1: It does. But then the very next question is one that cares about.
Speaker 2: To ask, Yes, what is it that happened that blew your world apart?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so well, I had been experiencing a season of depression, and looking back, I see now it wasn't a clinical depression. It was existential depression, philosophical depression. But you know, at the time, I didn't really know what had come over me. It was just this heaviness that would not relent, and so day after day I would just push forward, thinking, ah, you know, this is just a season, it'll pass. Because I had never been given to depression or episodes of you know, like clinical depression or anything like that, so I anticipated that it was just you know, a seasonal gloominess that would that would shift. And when it did not, it just it became so much that I felt I just can't take this anymore. And one morning I woke up and just under this cloud of palpable heaviness, I cried out to God. And it was not a pious prayer by any means. It was more of a if you were there kind of prayer where I just started unleashing all of my frustrations and just hoping that something might shift. I just I just wanted some relief. And in the midst of all of that turmoil, I heard a voice as loud and clear as anything I've ever heard in my life, and it just simply said be still. It was loud, but it was internal to be sure, it wasn't an external voice, but it was so loud it just shook me to my core. An instant peace washed over me in that moment, and I remember thinking, you.
Speaker 4: Know, this is God.
Speaker 3: That was my thought, but I had no context for it. Like, like I said, I was not plugged into the church. I was not like really practicing any form of religion, so I didn't I didn't have a context for what had happened to me. And so that that compelled me to plug into some churches and start trying to make sense of what I had experienced. And all of that searching and seeking and reading and studying led me into a more contemplative space. I found that mainstream Christian answers to life's most important questions were just less than satisfying. But I found a lot of peace and refreshment in that contemplative space, which is just a more mystical Christianity, more exponential, less conceptual, if you will. And so, as I was in that space, a very mystical contemplative type space, my grandmother, who was ninety five years old at the time, was coming to the end of her life.
Speaker 4: And as she.
Speaker 3: Approached the end, she really had an aversion to death. She did not want to die. She was afraid to die. And she was a lady who was very plugged into the church her entire life, Methodists in church every Sunday, all of the you know, the Bible studies, the Sunday School, the whole nine. You know.
Speaker 4: She and so, but as she.
Speaker 3: Approached the end of her life, she really had no I guess, reassurance. I mean not at a deep level, because she was afraid. And I should back up a little and just say that when people come to the end of their physical lives, the veil between the spiritual and the physical becomes thin. And this is why a lot of people on their deathbeds report to having seen loved ones who have already crossed, you know, people that that other people don't see in the room time. So and at the moment of death, this still this veil that is already thin, opens entirely and the spirit just slips from the physical into the spiritual realm. And it's usually an instantaneous phenomenon. But my grandmother had an aversion to death, and she was resisting vehemently in her crossing, and.
Speaker 4: So as she as she crossed, she sort of.
Speaker 3: Became stuck between the spiritual and the physical, and her portal remained open because of that, because she she remained in you know, stuck in that in that in that space between which some people would call an earth balanced spirit. But pretty quickly she was no longer stuck. She didn't stay stuck long at all, and she gained perspective about her situation that she you know, that she had crossed and that you know.
Speaker 4: She could move on if she wanted.
Speaker 3: However, she had this open portal, and so it allowed her to be able to manipulate the physic go realm in ways that she would not have been able to if her portal was not open.
Speaker 1: And so I got to ask the question, how do you know all this.
Speaker 3: So uh in retros at the time, I didn't know, like my grandmother just died, you know, we would have just said that that our grandmother had had crossed. But because I am able, because she did find a way to communicate with us, because she was able through her portal to type words to us on electronic devices, and it again with the television.
Speaker 1: Yes, I told you I was going to get interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So and I've been able to ask her these questions and that's so these are the answers that according to her, you know, you know, how she she got stuck, her portal remained open, and how she was able to reach out.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So there's so many questions that come to mind. But you are talking. I mean, you're rooted in Christianity, your your blee systems, you took, you mentioned several times you tapped into churches and things like that. There are a lot a lot of folks in the religious mindset who would say that may not be your grandmother at all, but rather malignant spirits. How do you know for sure this is your grandmother, not the devil coming through?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great question. When my grandmother first came through. That was the primary concern that my family, who lives in the house, which I do not live in the house where she crossed where the portal is located, and where she began communicating, my family lives there, And yeah, that was their initial concern, to be sure. In fact, the first time that she reached out, what happened. The television was off and it came on by itself, navigated to the search It's a Roku smart television, so it navigated to the search bar and the word hello appeared in the search. Yeah. My family, Yeah, my family ran screaming out of the house in fright, and they called me and they were they were in tears, they were horrified. So I suggested that they, you know, maybe cleanse, pray, pray and sage or just cleanse the house.
Speaker 4: But I really thought it might be a hacker.
Speaker 3: That's what iological Yeah, my rational yeah, my rational mind went straight to, this is a hacker. Someone has hacked your system. They're playing a distasteful prank. Something electronic, you know, is going on. Electronically is happening here. Uh So, anyway, time as time passed, well, as soon as they were afraid, the television shut off immediately, and and and nothing else happened for a couple of days, and then it happened again. Uh, this would just continue, you know, they would be afraid. They would begin to pray and command whatever to leave. They had checked the parameter the cameras to see if anyone had, you know, like maybe hacked in or somebody was like outside the window with a remote or.
Speaker 2: Was it the same message? Was it always hello? Or they're different messages second time?
Speaker 1: Second time it was a little bit little more TREPI she was more like hey.
Speaker 3: The next time it was it was love. The word love appeared. But it didn't matter. My family they were like they were not having it.
Speaker 4: Horrified.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a nice hacker.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So you know, this persisted, and so finally my aunt even moved out to give you an idea, she was so afraid. She called her son and she said, just I'm coming to stay with you because it was so unnerving to her.
Speaker 1: I mean I probably be unnerved myself.
Speaker 2: Is your family is your the rest of your family? Are they Christians?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Could they have brought in a priestood exercise?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And that that was my aunt actually had called a chaplain that she that was involved, like that she had known from when my grandmother was crossing, and you know, and he suggested just you know, pray and command whatever to leave or whatever.
Speaker 4: And they did all the things.
Speaker 3: But like I said, this activity persisted, not in a frightening way, just like it would it would subside as they were frightened. And then you know, in the course of a days, like the TV would pop on, go to the search and a word would come into the search bar. And finally I suggested that let's not run out screaming in fright Let's try to get to the bottom of this because it's not stopping. And we in my mind I thought it was really something someone in the.
Speaker 4: Physical realm who was hacking into the system in some capacity.
Speaker 1: So, as a TV producer, are going to ask the question, any video of this in existence? Have you said? You? Did you think to capture it so the people look you got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the beginning, we did take a lot of video, although it doesn't conclusively prove that it's anything from the other side. It's just words coming into the search bar in response to our questions. And I mean, you know, someone could say, well, someone is manipulating the television.
Speaker 4: Someone is typing that.
Speaker 1: With a certain app or something, but the search bar actually comes up on the screen on the television when you do that, so you would see someone actually did searching for the letters on the search bar. That was the case weld you not you.
Speaker 4: Could unless they were using an app, and then you wouldn't. So there is a way. Yeah, And so that's the yah, right I did.
Speaker 3: Because one thing also is the words could sometimes have capital letters or punctuation, and that's not available, like if you're on your television, there are no there's no way to make a capital letter, and there's no way.
Speaker 4: To put punctuation, although these were coming into the search bar.
Speaker 3: So I did download the Roku app to see and you can do that with the app. So that's still not conclusive evidence that it's coming from the other side. But the thing that the way that we determined, the way that I was convinced that it was not a hacker, someone in the physical realm at all, is because whoever it was could read our thoughts. When we finally did engage with whoever it was, it rocked us when they were able to tell us things that no one knew things that we were thinking in the moment, like in real time, respond to those thoughts in the moment.
Speaker 4: Also, they knew things that we had never.
Speaker 3: Shared with another soul were getting it, and so we were, I mean, at that point we were like, this is definitely something spiritual, but is it Granny? You know, we were still had our reservations about that. But I know after the first communication, I was at home alone, and like I said, I don't live there.
Speaker 4: I was at home in my own house.
Speaker 3: And one of the first things that my grandmother said to me on that first interaction, when when she was reading our thoughts and everything, she told me that my dog Luke, who had already crossed, was with me, always with me, that he was sending his love that kind of that was very comforting, very sweet, you know. But I still had my reservations about is this my grandmother? And so I was at home alone and about to go back to my grandmother's on another day to try to communicate again and see just determined just try to just make sure is this my grandmother or is it something malevolent?
Speaker 4: And I said in.
Speaker 3: My head to my dog who has already crossed, I was like, Luke, if you're really with me, and that is really Granny. Have her mentioned my necklace because I wear a memorial pendit with Luke's ashes, and so I was thinking, you know, just give me some validation that this is really you, it's really her. And then so we went to my grandmother's later that day and we were just she was communicating with us and kind of everyone. It was like five of us in the room, and so someone would ask a question, she would answer, or maybe she would type something and someone would respond, and it was just also surreal, really, and I was just caught up in the moment, not even thinking about what I had said in my head before I went at all.
Speaker 4: I was just in the moment.
Speaker 3: And then she typed my name Brandy, and I said yes, And then she typed the word Luke, and I'm like, what about Luke? And she said he's having me mention your necklace, and I almost fell out of my seat. God, oh my gosh, and everybody just looked at me like, oh, that's sweet. I'm like, you don't have any idea. I mean, you know, they didn't know that I had, you know, said that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why are you not like on Fox News or CNN or something. Just talking about this stuff like this is pure proof that this stuff is real, right, I mean, there's no way to explain this thing on the STI yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Tried to explain it away. Yeah, I mean I did. I tried to explain it away.
Speaker 4: I really.
Speaker 3: I was like, this has to be there's a natural, reasonable explanation for this, and uh, yeah, I know. And then in the way that we know that it is my grandmother is that as we did tentatively engage with with whoever it was, her love and devotion for her family comes through so loud and clear. It's the reason she stayed really is because of her love and devotion for particular family members. She could see how certain people were struggling with mental health issues.
Speaker 4: Other people had like.
Speaker 3: Destructive patterns in their lives that she was able to speak into in a way that brought a lot of healing and restoration.
Speaker 4: I would say she saved lives, like literally, So that was her point in staying.
Speaker 3: Now, I am on this spiritual journey and I'm loaded with philosophical theological questions, so I took the opportunity to talk to her about those things and have those conversations but that's not why she stayed, and she didn't offer that information up voluntarily, I asked, right, and so.
Speaker 1: You have to sit her down and give her nuggies and say you got to give me the answer. So you did. You got a lot of answers about what's on the other side, and I want to go dive into those, but I also want to talk with the fact that her portal was open. So the answers that you're getting are probably I mean, I don't know for sure, but it would seem to me that it would be answers about what she's experiencing in this time as an earth bound spirit not necessarily having crossed over. How did you discern between the two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she's not I mean earth bound spirit. I think implies stuck, you know, a level of stuckness, and she is not at all stuck. So I should you know, make that clear right off. She is very aware of her you know, her situation.
Speaker 4: She is choosing to.
Speaker 3: I guess I should stay at the portal. What that means is she's on the astral plane. The spirit realm is highly stratified and complex, and it's out of my pay grade to really understand what that is, like I think we have to experience to fully understand it, you know. And there are times when I ask questions and she will say no, say, and that usually means that there are no words. It's ineffable, and there are no words to communicate to my finite brain what she would need to say for me to understand. And the beyond is one of those things that is it's too ineffable. But she's not stuck, and she's able to because in spirit we're not limited to one particular in space, time, one particular location like we are in our physical bodies, and so she can be with myself and like other family members simultaneously like she could, you know, she can look into things all over the world, if you will, and see into the heart of situations and circumstances. So she's not limited in the way, you know, to you know, into one local spot or space like we think of it in this three D realm. So while she has not actually moved into the beyond and left us, so to speak, which she would never leave us, she will always be with us in some capacity, but she stays more present. I don't know any other way to say it more, I guess more more in that area so that she can communicate through through the portal. She can manipulate any anything in the physical realm really, if she has enough energy to do so.
Speaker 2: So, now, after you found out it was your grandmother, did your aunt move back? Like? Is everyone just there, yeah, constantly talking? I would constantly. I would be on the TV like, I'll just dark circles in her eyes like questions, questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, my aunt did move back. All is well in that regard.
Speaker 3: She apologizes for it now, she's like, I'm so sorry I moved, you know. And my grandmother, you know, thinks it's funny because she knows it was scaring the daylights and everyone. She didn't want to scare anyone. She just really wanted to talk.
Speaker 1: That's a difference between your granny and I'd be like, ha haha, check this out.
Speaker 2: You would be terrible. You would be so bad.
Speaker 1: Ready, my god, you're ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so kind of what's the this is just an odd question. What's like the plan for the family? Is everyone just always going to stay in that house? And how how long do you think has she told you how long she's going to stay? I just I'm kind of wondering what the real life like living situation and.
Speaker 1: To figureback off that. Is it just that house or could it be anywhere that she could communicate with someone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, well, the first question is just in that house where the portal is located, is where she has the ability to manipulate the physical realm more.
Speaker 1: Easily because when she passed where she passed.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's where she passed. In that house, she could come to my house and with enough energy she could manipulate the physical realm at my house. But because there's no portal is more difficult. It takes more energy.
Speaker 4: See Okay.
Speaker 3: And then at the family who lives in that house, Yeah, they they don't intend to sell that house.
Speaker 4: And my grandmother has said, don't sell the house. That was one of the first.
Speaker 3: Things that she did communicate because my cousin had had sort of, I guess, given that a little thought she might sell the house, and she was like, don't sell the house because she the portal is there. Regardless, it's just in that one place.
Speaker 1: It would become a beetlejuice situation. Then someone else moves in and you try to get them out again.
Speaker 2: Well, that leads me to my next question, could she could she bring friends? I mean, can other spirits pass through that portal?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yes, because it is. It's essentially an open door if you will. And so while it's my grandmother's portal and she stays there and so she got it, if you will, she protects it. She you know, whoever she allows to kind of come through or whatever. But yeah, it is an open door, and so she has connected us with other family members and friends who have crossed. I was able to talk to my grandfather who crossed when I was seventeen, which was, uh, it was there are no words.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it's an open door that she basically stands watch over and if she were to leave, which she says she's not going to. Of course, we want her to be happy and content and we've made that clear.
Speaker 4: But she's she she.
Speaker 3: Says that she is content and she is where she wants to be with us, like staying in that in that astral plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Great, indeed, it's like the best of both worlds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but here's the here's the where do you where do you live part of the country? Don't tell me exactly where.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, we're in Alabama.
Speaker 1: We need to take a quick pause, but would be right back right after these messages and now back to the skeptic metaphysicians. So if people got a wind of this portal, you would have lines out the door trying to talk to your grandmother to have her usher in some a lot of folks. Have you considered doing something like that, helping people to communicate with others? I mean, this is this seems to be pretty definitive proof for lack of a better word, right, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, that's a great Yeah, that's a great question. And uh, like I said that, I don't own the house. I don't even live in that house. My family lives there, and for the sake of their privacy, you know, we don't that's kind of the house rule.
Speaker 4: We don't bring new people.
Speaker 3: They're probably I don't know, probably seven to ten of us who communicate with my grandmother frequently.
Speaker 4: But I will say that I have had.
Speaker 3: I have face timed with people and let them communicate through the portal in that capacity, just turn the camera to the television so they can see the words as they appear. And but we are careful with it because we don't want to exploit. Sure, you know, well what's happening, and we wouldn't want to. Also, my grandmother, you know, her feelings and thoughts and her energy matter a great deal to us, and so we wouldn't want to just drain her energy trying to you know, just lines and hordes of people coming in. Also, energy is everything, and not everyone is good energy, and so you have to you have to navigate that aspect of things.
Speaker 1: But like friends and family, you might open the door to some.
Speaker 2: People to lock you away today.
Speaker 4: He sure, I mean there have there have been exceptions. I mean we you know, we do.
Speaker 3: We allowed some people, you know, close friends, that kind of thing access and and you know, as time goes on, we.
Speaker 4: It's not that we wouldn't want to help people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, yeah.
Speaker 1: It makes perfect sense. Yeah, I'm making light of it, but you know, it's it makes sense.
Speaker 2: What is the most surprising thing that she's told you, Like, something that you didn't expect or just you know, shot.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there have been several things that were that were unexpected. Probably the first thing that really shifted things for me was that reincarnation is true.
Speaker 4: Because I was coming from a Christian perspective that was.
Speaker 3: Not part of my worldview, right, So that was the initial thing that just sort of really brought things into sharper.
Speaker 1: Focus for me. Well, then that brings up a good point. Then if the incarnation is real, is Hell real in heaven? Is all that stuff? Or is it just uh? You know, some folks believe that it's a parables, the Bible's parables, and they talk in images or simulations or the ways that we can wrap our minds around it is could not be what this is. The symbols of symbolism is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's a lot of a lot of metaphorical language in scripture, but also it's just a mistranslation oftentimes, like the words that are used. The word for hell, for instance, that Jesus used most most often is Gahinnah, and it really is it really is translated more literally as the valley of Ben Hennam. It's what it was in the Old Testament. But Gahinnah is an actual geographical location just outside of Jerusalem, and so it's where they burned trash, burned dead bodies during times of invasion things like that, and so the fires of Gahinnah were very real, literal uh, place to his hearers that he was speaking to. So, yeah, I would just say that heaven and Hell is as the modern Western mainstream notion. Is it that that it's erroneous? Heaven and Hell are really just states of existence. Heaven is not a place we go too, It's a place we come from. Jesus said, the Kingdom of Heaven is within you, and and and Hell too.
Speaker 4: I mean, we think it's Jeff Foster. He says, what is it? What is it?
Speaker 3: Heaven is this moment, and hele is the burning desire for this moment to be different.
Speaker 4: And I think that.
Speaker 1: Really like that? Wow, yeah I like that a lot. Yeah, Oh my gosh, yeah, I think I'm stealing it.
Speaker 2: So besides communicating to the television, are there other ways that your grandmother's communicated with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? See, Uh the television was her first way of communicating, but in time she she has typed on the computer, the laptop, and the printer.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: So the you know, it's just a regular standard printer that you would hook to a computer, and a sheet of paper came out with like a couple of paragraphs.
Speaker 4: And we were like whoa.
Speaker 3: So when we realized that she could print things and I say she, but others who communicate with us on the regular, friends and loved ones who kind of hang out at her portal with her. You know, they were sending us things printed out and it was really really cool, but they were blowing through a lot of ink. So we have invested in heat thermal heat printers that are small.
Speaker 4: It's like receipt paper about that size. Right, yeah.
Speaker 3: And so if she wants to say more, because you know, the search bar on the television is only so long, so so many words and you have to erase and like start over, so she wanted to type paragraphs.
Speaker 4: And had the energy to do so, she would just use the printer.
Speaker 1: Wow. So when she wrote on the computer, was it like a text message or was it a non ward document or how did Because the reason why I'm asking is because they could have someone could have used an app for the Roku television. But if you're just opening up a computer and there's words being printed on there, unless you're connected in some way, shape or form to a communication messaging them, it's hard to disprove that then, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So with the laptop, what we did we opened word I think a word document or maybe you pages if it was a mac, I can't remember, and yeah, and so she just typed the words. You know, we were just seeing could she do it? And so we opened it and we were like, can you type on this?
Speaker 1: And she did as you're watching the words for appearing on screen.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my god, Yes, that's something I should also say. Wi Fi is necessary to use the television for the simple fact that the Roku television will not allow you to go to.
Speaker 4: The search bar unless you are hooked to Wi Fi.
Speaker 3: So people could argue that, oh, well, it's just you know, it's something to do with AI or it's but like I said, if you experience it for yourself, that reading your thoughts and knowing things that you never told anyone, that really is what solidifies it.
Speaker 4: Once you, you know, experience that, it will rock you to your core.
Speaker 3: But but the laptop does not have to be hooked to Wi Fi, so we were able to use that without any Wi Fi Internet connection.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love this.
Speaker 2: I was just wondering though, like, oh Wi Fi, it's that question.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming Bluetooth the same thing. Everything was disconnected was just incredible.
Speaker 3: And same thing with those printers, they're not connected to anything. They there's just these small little handheld printers that we just turned the power on.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We have not hooked them to any devices that's fair.
Speaker 2: Done anything like non electronic like turn lights off or on or anything like that when it's bedtime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can't, they do they can they. My grandfather likes to ring the doorbell, and so we will do that sometimes and if we ask him to, sometimes we'll say ring the doorbell. We want to hear you ring the doorbell, and I mean, boom, you'll ring the doorbell.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's incredible. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, congratulations. It's just I mean, wonder if they just seems like nothing to congratulate you over. I mean, your grandmother passed but still only gosh, what an incredible opportunity to learn the mysteries of existence. So to piggyback off of that, I got to ask the question, your grandmother has a perfect opportunity to tell you what happens to us when we die? So, Brandy, what happens to us when we die?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So that is that is the million dollar question, right And I would stop here and say that it's subjective because we are all having our own subjective experience here in the physical realm when we cross, that does not cease to be true, and so very thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So as we cross, there are a lot of different things that we might experience, but really it's just a transition. But whatever level of consciousness we have attained at the time of our crossing, we take that with us.
Speaker 4: And so it's a it's erroneous to believe that if we say, as a certain prayer, we're just going to float away into perfect when we cross.
Speaker 3: We you know, we have to do our inner work. We have to come into alignment, maybe a better way to say that. And so when we first cross, everything becomes like the veil is lifted. Here in the physical realm, we can deceive ourselves and others we live into a false self, a persona, and we all do it, you know, so that we can integrate into society and be successful and be accepted and thought of.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, but when we cross, all of that persona, all of that fault self, all of that delusion just drops off and the full light of clarity shines and so we see with a clarity that we didn't have into the heart of people and situations. We know exactly how people really felt about us, what their true motives were. Yeah, and and our own you know, our own inner processes come into the light. We can repent, re press things and remain in the dark here in the physical, but we can't do that on the other side.
Speaker 2: So we have to know what people thought about us.
Speaker 4: No, you don't have to. You have to. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: She's not omnisiciant, she's not all knowing, but she can know anything that she wishes to know by just simply exerting energy and looking into is what she would say, looking into. So yeah, but also I must say that there is a fire on the other side that she says that everyone passes through. In Mark, Jesus says that everyone is seasoned with fire. And then the apostle Paul speaks of this fire and says that that everyone passes through this fire. And those who have built with I think he says, gold and silver and other words good works, you know, you know, less ego and more living from love.
Speaker 4: They will not suffer any loss.
Speaker 3: But people who have built with I think, he says, hey and stubble or what another words, egoic material, They will, even they might suffer an utter loss in this fire, but they themselves will be saved, he says. And that's what my grandmother says is true, that this fire is a refining fire and it's intended to burn away anything that interferes with love.
Speaker 1: So this is the first I'm ever hearing of a fire we have to go through. Because is it symbolic or is an actual fire?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: See, I would imagine that it's because you know where my grandmother is when we cross. The quantum realm is not physical, so it couldn't be a physical fire in the way that we think of it. But when I said, is it just emotionally painful to cross this fire? She said painful in every way?
Speaker 1: So maybe that wonder if that has something to do with a life review that we hear all the time about people having this life forview and having to experience the emotions that you cause others to experience because of your actions. Maybe something like that is what's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm curious, he says, that's part of it. Yeah, there is.
Speaker 3: You know that some people look at it kind of like a life review, but it's not only seeing what we have done to others, but we actually experience how they felt.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, right's I've heard. Yeah, So then what is your grandmother's experience of what's her afterlife?
Speaker 3: Like? Yeah, So she tells us that she continues to do her inner work because, like I said, whatever level of consciousness we take with us when we cross, and so she is continuing to do her inner work, and I guess to integrate the things that she's learning. Basically, when we incarnate, it's like a constriction of awareness, and we forget all of the past lives, what happened before we incarnated.
Speaker 4: And then when we.
Speaker 3: Leave our physical bodies, there's like an expansion of awareness and during that time it's like an integration process. It's like transcending and including. And then if we come back into the physical again, we will forget, but we will have already integrated those lessons in between our incarnations. And so she's doing all of that, she's just doing it at the portal. And the only disadvantage in her staying at that portal is that there's more chaos for her because the astral plane where she stays, because that's where the portal is is, it's basically the astral plane is where is the is the part of the quantum realm that is closest to Earth or overlaps more fully with Earth. And as long as she stays there, there's a lot of activity, a lot of duality because there is a lot of duality here. This is the world of duality, and so she's staying close to all of that duality. So she may have to navigate, uh, you know, negative polarity entities, you know in you know, in the etheric realm where she is. But if she were to move more out into the beyond is what she calls it, there would be less less polarity, less dualism.
Speaker 1: We need to take a quick pause, but would be right back right after these messages and now back to the show. God, so many questions. It's a little time. What you mentioned that we forget our past lives. Why why is that? And does that cati in the karma?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we forget because it it's the vehicle of exponential growth.
Speaker 4: Basically, it allows us to immerse ourselves fully into the life that we are in. Uh. Currently, if we were to remember all of our past lives, we would be distracted by all of the things. I mean, just think of.
Speaker 3: All of the things that distract us from what's really important here in this one physical life. Just maybe you know, maybe mistakes that you've made, or maybe it's you know, evil done unto you, or I mean, all of these things that trip us up. If we were to remember everything all at once, it would just be too much and it would keep us off of our journey into.
Speaker 4: Our highest life path. So that's that's the primary.
Speaker 3: Reason that we that we that we forget we're intended to experience all of life. And so that means all of the you know, the different genders, the different cultural context, education levels, you know, all of these things. And so yeah, it's a chance to just fully immerse ourselves into the drama that we're in in the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, then this is why I'm brought karma into the conversation and the question, because if there is such a thing as karma, then how this is right, karen sality, How is it possible for us to have a debt for something we don't remember doing that we have to pay for this lifetime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not really so much like a debt in that sense. It's more of a vibration or a frequency. And so and that's what the integration is about. Also, you integrate in between and while you may be still working out certain karma, you know, basically coming back into the physical as a way to work out your karma in the same context with the same people that you created or generated the karma. But really, karma is not it's not that you get what you deserve. It's that you get what you're a vibrational match for. And so we are drawing to ourselves opportunities to awaken.
Speaker 4: It's what it is.
Speaker 3: All of life is designed to awaken us. So karma is just really the fabric of reality. We're not punished for our sins. We're punished by our sins. So basically our actions draw to us whatever we need to awaken us into our highest life path, into our oneness with God. Really is probably the best way to say it.
Speaker 2: So if we're coming back time and time again and reincarnating in those times in between, that's what I thought we were, I guess our highest self. So if that is the case, then why would we come back and lower that because it's the way we just stay. I would want to just stay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my grandmother says that it's easier to work through your karma in the physical, in the in the world of duality. And so if you don't reincarnate, you still do your inner work, but it can be more arduous.
Speaker 4: And also some people.
Speaker 3: Would choose to reincarnate just because they missed the physical. They really it's very a very base reason. It's you know, they're not really worried about out so much to do in their inner work. They're just like, hey, I miss eat, I miss food, I miss my favorite food, or I miss my hobbies. She tells us she misses sewing, so you do continue to miss things that you love. She was a gifted seamstress, and we you know, we miss her sewing for us, and so she'll tell us she misses it.
Speaker 1: All right. So then, up until this moment, my image of Grandma was just herself sitting somewhere and sending like manipulating electronics or something like that, but still like in a physical body, so to speak, so she could potentially, like if if there was such a thing, they could maybe and full discliure. I just read a book called Things Light After Death or something like that talks about the fact that there is like we're just walking around, there's just another life. It's just in aterial plane. So couldn't they like cultivate cheap and bring up the wool and you can start knitting. They would create needles and stuff sewing. That's right. Sorry, sorry, sorry, but yeah. Or are we just like nebulous energy that have no way of doing things like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So when we cross and our spirits enter into the etheric realm, it's what she would call in She is in five density, I think, is what, And so it's a non physical it's a non physical. A five D reality is a non physical reality. And while she could manifest if she had enough energy, so and when I say manifest, she could appear standing before us in a physical form of her choosing. That would take tons of energy, and she has not done that, but it is possible from a five D advantage point. But see, in this three D reality, we are all in incarnated bodies, physical bodies. But where she is there there is no physicality.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Exactly what you read, but I know there are alternate realities, and so we have alternate timelines where we are doing these You know, we're doing the same a lot of the same things. There's overlap because you know, we are who we are in every reality and in every life, So how we do anything is how we do everything.
Speaker 1: And that's a good point you mentioned earlier on that it's very subjective, right, So we talked a bunch of times on the show about what dreams may come they mean into Robin Williams movie. But it was originally a short story of a book by Richard Matheson which I absolutely love, and in it it shows us how we create our own afterlife. So I'm wondering if the person who wrote this book that was his afterlife he wanted to have physicality. Maybe that's what happened when he had his near death experiencing. You just never know, Yes, So then I guess probably the biggest question that still lays out there that we haven't touched on is evil. We are all love, right, we are all when we go through the fires, the only thing left is love. So why is there evil? Or is there evil? What is evil?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: I'm losing the definition of the word saying evil all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 3: I mean that that really is the question that and I have found that reincarnation really helps the problem of evil along like in the Christian context, where we're only afforded this one short life to make the right decisions and check the right boxes, or we burn for all eternity, which is a very nihilistic view looking back on that, I really, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah right, even baseball teams have seven games to win the Horror Series for God's sakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: But even you know, and when you when you view reality in that way, you know, evil is really it really is an issue.
Speaker 4: It's a probably the problem of evil, It really is a problem.
Speaker 3: But God, I would say, God is the creative source of all energy, and because God infused creation with free will, the potential for evil is inevitable. Now this doesn't mean, though, that God perpetuates evil, but that God created a universe and that's just where good and evil are simply two sides of the same coin.
Speaker 4: A world where nothing unfavorable.
Speaker 3: Could exist would cease to be a good world, because there can be no such thing as good without bad, just as there can be no light without darkness.
Speaker 4: Short from tall.
Speaker 3: But God does not perpetuate evil. The duality of the human mind is the perpetuator of evil, and the sooner we can come to terms with this fact.
Speaker 4: And forever, you know, life, just accept it as it is.
Speaker 3: The faster we will evolve into the higher levels of consciousness where we stop blaming the darkness and simply bring the light where afforded unlimited opportunities. Reincarnation is a testament to the grace of God that we can come into alignment, and that's how evil will be rooted out from within.
Speaker 1: Okay, So everything that we just talked about and so much more is in your book Through the Ail, a Glimpse into the afterlife. Is there anything that you want to make sure that the folks that are listening or watching this show that this is the nugget, this is the thing that you need to read my book for. What would that be?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would just maybe leave people. I mean I cover a lot in my book. You know, what happens when we die and how that should you know, impact the way that we live life now. And really I just addressed the the mainstream thoughts around heaven and hell and I sort of dismantle that and and filter it through a Christian lens. So I have, like the scriptures, the verses that I'm referring to, So I go into a lot of detail for people who really want to study it out for themselves. There all of that is in the book, and they you know, and they can they can see that there. But the end thought that I would leave everyone with is that death is only an illusion, and when we leave this physical reality, we continue in our journey and ultimately we will all awaken into our highest life path. Alan Watt said that asking what happens when we die is like asking what happens to my lap when I stand up, or what happens to my fist when I open my hand, And that really is what it's about. Physical death is not an ending, but a change of energy. Death is just the doorway into an expansive journey of becoming whole.
Speaker 2: I like that, just the doorway into the expansive journey of becoming whole.
Speaker 1: He's got all the quotes. I love cool T shirt. Awesome. Well, we're going to add a direct link to your book. But if someone wanted to reach out to you specifically, what's the best way for someone to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my website is Brandy Anderson dot net and on my and there are links to all of my socials from that website, but on all of the platforms. My handle is Brandy the Mystic.
Speaker 1: All right, Brandy the Mystic. We're going to add a direct link to your website on our show notes too, So if you didn't have a pen in that particular point in time, you can always go to skeptic Adeposian dot com is always and find her episode paging. Just the link will be directly laid down on the bottom of the show notes, so it's an easy way for you to connect with Brandy and by the book, Brandy, this has been wonderful, such a unique experience having this conversation.
Speaker 2: You have to tell your grandma that we said.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, and if there's any kind of messages she has for us, just make sure you know we are perfectly open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you all so much for having me. It's been it's been a pleasure to meet you and talk with you, and.
Speaker 4: I appreciate your openness. Not everyone is open to this this sort.
Speaker 1: Of kind no way. So, like we say in our show open like the X Files, we want to believe, we just haven't found the exact thing. This comes pretty close. I mean I can't explain this. Yeah, very interesting to really hear this story. It's been an absolute pleasure. I look forward to hearing the feedback from the audience. Want to hear it too. Oh, thank you so much, thanks for being on the show.