Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JR.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by JRRS. Rock the Bank cash giveaways. Your first thousand dollars prize up for grabs right around nine oh five. You listening for those hourly keywords, Enter them at WJR dot com for your chance to win a grand in Rock the Bank. Isn't that right? Bulldog?
Speaker 2: Rock the Bank, Rock the KASBA. The Magic were rocking the Kia Center last night, last game before the All Star Break. They put the clamps on the tanking injury plague Charlotte Hornets. Magic win one oh two to eighty six. Plo Bancaro led the Magic. He had twenty four points, eight rebound, six assists. Anthony Black comes off the bench, scores eighteen on eight of thirteen shooting from the floor at the fronze eight, Franz Wagner at sixteen point seven rebounds, and the Magic. You know, obviously they should beat the Charlotte Horners, who I just mentioned are injured and tanking. But when you look at what's going on, the Magic have jumped ahead of the Heat and the Hawks. They're now on the seventh spot. They go into the All Star Break with wins in three of their last five games. Not spectacular, but still playing better. Jalen Suggs is expected to be back after the All Star break, and the Magic have one of the more favorable schedules following the break. I believe everything is set up for the Magic to be a five or a six seed. I don't think they're gonna get to a four, which would give them home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. But I still think the Magic can make a run after the break and be in decent playoff position.
Speaker 1: There you go, See that's the glass how full I want to hear because I was telling Pat the same thing. We're going in the break coming off a winy bad win good and he wins a win and then you get sugs when you come back.
Speaker 3: Bull dog. How was media day out at Daytona International Speedway yesterday?
Speaker 2: Obviously all the drivers were there discussing the issues of NASCAR. Talked to your boy Kyle Busch for a little bit. Jimmy Johnson was there. He's he's a little po that he has to qualify for the race. Whereas we talked about this the other day, Helio Castrodevez he gets sort of an exemption into the race on this new international exemption rule that NASCAR has, But Jimmy Johnson said, he says he expects to qualify for the race. Uh, the one. The one guy talked to Denny Hamlin, who of course has won the race three times. He owns you know, he owns half that race team with Michael Jordan. He sort of called out his driver, Bubba Wallace yesterday and said, hey, Bubba, you know runs well for you know, seven eight, ten races and then he just sort of loses it. He needs to be working insistent this year. I think Bubba's sort of on a hot seat this year for that race.
Speaker 1: Team camp finished well.
Speaker 3: The front row is set after last night. Chase Briscoe will be on the poll and then Austin Sindrick will join them on the front row.
Speaker 2: Cool. Cool.
Speaker 3: Then the duels the duels this evening to set the rest of the field.
Speaker 2: The duels are tonight. I'm curious that there was a lot of talk yesterday a lot of the reporters, not me, but some of the reporters were asking about you know, asking the drivers about the you know, the state of NASCAR. You know, TV ratings are still a concern. Fan interest are still a concern, and I don't know, I don't know what nascars to do. I mean their races or their races. Maybe there's too many of them, maybe some of them are too long. Is there anything NASCAR can do to increase the TV ratings or the fan interest? I mean, you guys follow the sport. I was trying to think, like, what could they do?
Speaker 1: Pad?
Speaker 3: I think the season is too long, I really do, you know. I know the hardcore fans love it, but you know, those who are more casual, Yeah, you might be hooked for the first few weeks and then you kind of go away and then you may not even come back until it gets, you know, into the tail end of the season.
Speaker 1: Short.
Speaker 2: I was, I was thinking about this. I was talking to Joey Logano yesterday. Joey Logano, who's won three championships, he's a defending champion.
Speaker 3: You didn't stare at his hair, did you?
Speaker 2: No? He had he had his head on. I was gonna ask him about his hair, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: That was the dog bite.
Speaker 1: I was looking for. I said to Pat yesterday, I go, I hope he asked the hard hitting questions out there of media day and we get a dog bite that would have been the one.
Speaker 2: What did you ask him? No, I was I was gonna make an observation that, you know, he's a three time champion, the ending champion. I think most most fans don't know that much about Joey legana. I think NASCAR is one of their issues is they don't really have a transcendent star, you know what I mean, the guy who sort of transcends the sport, like Kyle Busch is sort of falling off. He's not really a factor that much anymore.
Speaker 1: He's one of the old guys now, I see what he's saying. Though, you know, like there's a face for basketball, there's a face.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know Joey Legan Like I probably could have asked Taco Bob who won the title last year and he wouldn't have known it was Joey Lagana, right, tak You're correct.
Speaker 3: Joe Joey lived at the Atlanta uh Speedway for a while.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what was their reasoning when when he was just getting into the race.
Speaker 3: His family like moved down there and that's where he you know, he built built things up from there and away he went. I think it was Atlanta anyway. Yeah, I thought lived in the speedy He lived at the speedway. Like yeah, Baker Mayfield, Hey, real quick?
Speaker 1: Is Baker moving back into Tampa to the to the stadium again his old commercials? Those are the best, dude.
Speaker 2: Speaking of press conferences, Scott Frost held a press conference. Emerged from a ten week just workfest where he had the name of coaching staff, had to brought in like forty new players via the transfer portal and high school recruiting again, hired a coaching staff. It's gonna be interesting to see how this team pans out in the first year. I hope fans are gonna give Scott Frost a little bit of patience and a little.
Speaker 3: Bit you have to you have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a process. I mean, he took over a program. The reason Gus Malzon bailed is because he knew it wasn't gonna be fixed in one year. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Hold talk, have you been following the four Nations face off? The opening game was last night it's Canada took care of Sweden in a four to three.
Speaker 2: Fold Which sport are we talking about?
Speaker 1: I don't play.
Speaker 3: Tonight, the United States opens up their four Nations face off against Finland bull dog?
Speaker 2: Is this is this the NHL?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're on break while they do this four Nations face off tournament.
Speaker 2: And I thought while they're on break, like, is that they're All Star game?
Speaker 3: Now? No, this is this is an inaugural thing here, and uh, it's interesting. I get the players representing these four nations and it's for bragging rights.
Speaker 2: But this is in replacing their All Star game that I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know this is.
Speaker 2: They don't they don't have an All Star game, right, Well.
Speaker 3: They had the the three on three stuff for years, right.
Speaker 2: Lens, I'm asking you, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: I don't follow this.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: But this is it's actually not a bad idea in place of the All Star Game. In fact, I think the NBA should do the same thing. I think the NBA should have the sort of like the Rider, the American NBA All Stars against the International NBA All Stars. Interesting that would create some interest, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Bulldog. You'll find him over on AM seven forty FM ninety six y nine The Game weekday mornings, hosting open mic, and he takes time out of his show to join us here for the Sports page each morning on JR R
Speaker 1: Oh Oh Fell w jr R, Orlandos rock station