Speaker 1: Well, damn it, Bill, I, Lannon and I are running on Chiefs High and Camas is running on fumes because you've been out all day, and boy do you have stories. I'm so sad about Kansas.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to start off this podcast with a monolog. No, it has nothing to do with Kansas. You know what I did today my part time job. I'm a trainer at gym. I'm learning how to train people with golf. You know what I don't deal with is baseball. But today I dealt with baseball. And you know who I don't like to deal with. Our nine year old snot knows faster that play baseball. But you know what they didn't know. I was going to be the pitcher for batting practice. And there was one kid, this one kid that I could not stand. And I got up on that mound and I eyed him like I was scooball and let me tell you something. I might have allegedly thrown it right at his helmet and I was throwing underhand, but I let him know that I'm the boss, and I definitely looked at him and apologized right after. But that's how my day went. And now we get to talk about Kansas away twice in one game. One game wow, and the Lions didn't even play yesterday.
Speaker 1: Right on cue, I have the Duke North Carolina State game on the TV, Landon, Do you have this game on?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: Somebody just fainted in the student section and they stretched out this like twenty year old, unconscious looking college kid right there. They stopped the game to get that person out of the student section. I think, hopefully, hopefully by the time this podcast comes out, that person has been found to be just fine. I think they just saw the footage of Kansas trying to inbound the basketball in either the last ten seconds of regulation or the last ten seconds of overtime, because well.
Speaker 2: The lifeless body of the stands was just Ryland Griffin being just so upset that his performance.
Speaker 3: I'm super tough when that person's brain dead and in a coma.
Speaker 1: I really think that we should just give Cam, give Cam the controls and stay the hell out of his way. But it was a mixed sports weekend here a lot of fans like, I don't know, I feel like a lot of Jayhawk fans are also Chiefs fans, so many of them probably don't even care about this loss anymore, because the all the Chiefs do is go to Super Bowls. Now. Uh but you know, well, we're still we're still reeling. Reeling is that the word? I don't know, we're still ready to talk about it. I guess I don't know. Kana just lost to Houston in two overtimes and Cam's about to lose a sanity. This is inside the pain on Ryan Landrath.
Speaker 2: I'm Landing Fields and I'm Calvin Samson's just degenerate looking son. That's a spinning image of himself.
Speaker 1: Here comes the recap.
Speaker 3: Is this gonna be Cam's Ryland Griffin game?
Speaker 1: This might be Cam's? This is Cam's Ryan and Landon t This is my sound right before the title show.
Speaker 2: This is my le Gerald Vic goes kicked off the team rant.
Speaker 1: I want to open you with an Nick Wiper quote. Remember him. He was on the show for a while and he sent us a text that said, Nick, there are so many children in Africa that are about to be so excited when there Bill's AFC champions t shirts arrive. And those kids probably thought that Kansas would never win a Big twelve title again after the twenty tens. But they're about to get back to back twenty three and twenty four or twenty four and twenty five Big twelve champions starts. Uh huh oh man, all right, that's funny. It's terrible, but it's funny. Right, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: Number seven Houston ninety two. I cannot even believe that's the real score. Number twelve Kansas eighty six.
Speaker 3: Coach Bill Sealth's stubborn ass.
Speaker 1: The game was good, the result was not land and give us a give us a game story, and then I am skinned. This is me running from the middle of the road into the shoulder of it to get the hell out of the way for Cam at three hundred miles hour to come through and tell us what he thought.
Speaker 2: Jim behind behind a Mayflower truck.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Wow, all right. I was gonna say, spare me but a moment to read something, but you you're ahead of me anyway. Okay, here's your game story, folks. In one of the best games of the season in the sport thus far, Kansas led by seven and a half and shook off a huge Houston run to build a sixty six to sixty lead with ninety seconds left. In regulation, they promptly blew that lead by committing a pivotal turnover on an inbounds pass will trying to run out the clock. In overtime, they again built a six point lead, leading seventy nine seventy three, securing a rebound with eighteen seconds left. That was good enough to give them a ninety nine point four percent win probability, and they only needed one more free throw to win the game. Dwan Harris missed two free throws, Houston may the three, Kansas threw away the inbounds pass again, and Houston made a second three to erase a six point deficit in eight second another overtime Flory Badunga pivotally fouled out in there.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He felt out at the end of regulation. Actually, Kansas was kind of out of steam and they did not have a lot left, and they'd kind of had their heart stolen twice. Uh, and they could not recover, losing to the Cougars in that second overtime by the score where he read in an instant classic or horrible choke job, depending on what colors you're wearing. But that was a tough, one amazing game. If you're a neutral incredible game. If you're a Houston fan, incredible game. Cam, you are neither neutral nor a Houston fan. What do you got, buddy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Billsoft popped a perk thirty because he had Zeke Mayo pass the ball in bounds twice when it filled. Kind of like he ran back the same guys from last year on this team. You know what, if it fails once, let's do it again. How just how.
Speaker 4: You have a senior led team. This is the oldest team Hunter Dickinson could be in a retirement home. Dwan Harris has played more games at Kansas than I've played games in NBA. Two k Just inbound the damn ball, throw it down the court. You have five what's you know what would be hilarious If they had just thrown the ball as far as they could, as far as they could, the end result would have been better.
Speaker 1: Just like, just throw it up and yeah, I've wondered throw it up at the Russell stover board. I don't care, man, Just like that's not there anymore. It's now. I think it's everaging now or something stupid.
Speaker 2: It's sound no, it's yeah, Travis Goff paid out money for that, but I don't think. First of all, I'm I'm I'm gonna be semi semi calm now. The game sucked, at least in the ending. Kansas was good for ninety nine point nine percent of that basketball game. The point zero one percent that they were not good in is the only part it matters nine, which.
Speaker 1: Also was their win expectancy in the second half when they were by six with just a few ticks left.
Speaker 2: And I always remember when Kansas won the Big twelve.
Speaker 1: It was just that I think I had only seen my favorite football team win like three super Bowls at that point or something, and maybe it was two, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: It was a while.
Speaker 1: Now. I watched this game out of which ta Twin Peaks, because that's where my sister lives, not at the Twin Peaks, but and.
Speaker 3: We were Peaks.
Speaker 1: Not does not work at Twin Peaks. We were down there visiting for the weekend, and the plan was we'll watch the Kansas game. I need a bar or something to watch, and it was come home.
Speaker 2: You you took a family family meal at a Twin Peaks.
Speaker 3: I need to know your sister. We used to be pretty good friends. She doesn't scream. Yeah, I just chill at Twin Peaks with my brother.
Speaker 1: No, no, I need a place that had a TV that I thought would have. The Jayhawks came on, and so that's what options. Well, that's let me tell you, there were plenty of TVs to watch every single angle of that splash that the that the Cougar has had with four seconds left, as it just right through the bottom of the neck. Well, anyway, so we watched this game and we think we're gonna be there two hours and then get on home, and boy, let me tell you, it was almost midnight by the time we made it back because the basketball game was three hours, and the fans around us started doing the rock chalk chant as the one Harris is walking to the free throw line with eighteen seconds left and a two score about to become three score lead, and then all that happened after that was Kansas didn't score again until the game was essentially salted away in the second time.
Speaker 2: That means you got a triple double of ass because you saw the ending of the Kansas and you're a Twin Peaks.
Speaker 1: Wellt me tell you.
Speaker 2: What is a Wichita seven.
Speaker 1: I'm not qualified to answer this question, nor do I think it's a good idea. But let me tell you a WIDGETA seven. I would have taken those seven points a seven point advantage. That would have been an unlucky number for Kansas. They didn't get better than six, and then it became negative. Which joke here, okay Land in question, I am curious about this question. It's simple. Was that game discouraging or disappointing?
Speaker 3: I'm firmly in camp disappointing. Yeah, it is a heck of a way to lose a basketball game, Don't get me wrong. Not that doesn't feel good, feels bad. You should have be a better team. You were better than a really good team for most of this game, at least as good as a really good team for most.
Speaker 2: Of this game.
Speaker 3: You had it, Kansas had this game wrapped multiple times and lost it multiple times. That is that's not good. Like that is undeniably bad. Like that is not a great trait. But at the same time, Houston is a very good basketball team. And literally two Camps point. If the the inbounds pass is simply thrown to half court or further and it is touched by anybody, the game is over in Kansas wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or if dwant Harris simply makes a free throw, the game is over in Kansas wins. And again those those are genuine mistakes, genuine errors, things that you have to be able to correct. Missing free throws is both an air and kind of flukey at the same time. That goes both ways. But I like we are like every every game. You can argue a lot in close games, especially it's like, well, if this one thing went this way, they could have won. If this one thing went that way, maybe they lose. And that's true. This game especially is literally like you can very very specifically say the rest of the game could win the exact same way. If one of these two to three plays change anyone pick one, the game is over and Kansas wins. So I am hard pressed to say that Kansas is doomed because I thought they looked and played very well, at least in comparison to who they were playing. They played Houston very well, they had some excellent performances. Yeah, you know, Zeke Mayo maybe wasn't as good as we would have liked, very low percentage on high volume. But I still like this is and in a weird way, I almost think it is encouraging I come away from this game thinking Kansas's ceiling is higher than I thought it was. And I know they beat Houston last year in Allen Field House, and last year' Kansas team wasn't very good, But nonetheless I almost am encouraged by the result. I think they played well. I think they showed which hey, everyone on Twitter, buckle up. I think they showed heart, and I think they showed grit, and I think they showed toughness, and I think they showed John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they showed a lot of toughness.
Speaker 1: Least, okay, all right, Cam, they showed a.
Speaker 2: Lot of toughness by dropping trow.
Speaker 1: This skirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, point, yes, I think like it's in In all honesty, they they played really well for the majority of that game. They also saw that Flora Badunga has to play more minutes than kJ Adams will he I don't know much better he.
Speaker 1: Has to, and I don't know. He may score and rebound in block shots, but I don't see him diving on the floor and hustle playing it up Cam to tell what.
Speaker 2: He's also not a career thirty seven percent mid range jump shot shooter like kJ is, so he doesn't I mean you know, he doesn't have a place on the team.
Speaker 1: That was Bill's take too. Bill's take after the game was we were right there with a great team and we didn't even have a starter. Nobody, nobody, kJ would.
Speaker 2: Have helped in the last would have helped in the last couple of minutes simply.
Speaker 1: Because aj Store would have played last.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but no, like back to the question I actually think in despite me being incredibly irrational, emotional and pissed off, no, it was encouraging. They are a good team. Kansas is still going to be fine. I probably would be less upset if I hadn't put currency on this game because I had my buddies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I want to talk about a freaking awful beat to have the money, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know who would.
Speaker 1: Have encouraged Cam to take such a horrible decision. Love a line, then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I take all responsibility.
Speaker 3: Real question for you here do you win bets? And not often?
Speaker 2: There's I don't alright, So my dad listens to the show. High Dad, Uh, Dad, don't worry about me. I don't. I don't lose thousands of dollars on sports betting. I have bet on Iraqi League basketball before that was a low point in my life. And I also bet on like Southern today. I don't even know what their mascot is, but it's usually like one dollar wagers, maybe five for Kansas. It creeps up in exponential numbers. But no, we're fine. But yes, I was upset and threw my phone into the ground.
Speaker 1: And the reason that you made the bet on Kansas money line whenever they did open as an underdog, and they actually closed as a one point favorite, so they didn't technically finish as a home underdog. It was closed for a while. A lot of sharp money came in late. But the reason that you make a bet isn't to win that time. It's to win over the run of of a longer period of time and.
Speaker 2: In the future on the wrong side of that well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean like, if you bet twenty bucks on Kansas as plus money at home over ten different times, they're probably winning seven or eight of them, so you'll win money. But every now and then you get a nice kick to the ass, like you did on Saturday, because that was an all timer. Okay, here's my take. That's the second most painful, maybe the most painful loss. It's one of two that Bill self has had at home, the other being the ac Law game when Tech A and M came in here in Kansas, much like this one, was in complete control for the second half, only to watch him make a three with like twenty seconds left and steal a game that Texas A and M's only lead of the entire second half was whenever he splashed in that shot to give up. I was twelve. I remember back when I was twelve, Kansas losing basketball games at home was the end of the world. Oh well, they only did it once every couple of years, and now it's apparently every few weeks.
Speaker 2: Can I just say something here? I saw a take on Twitter today that I actually kind of agree with. People are like, yeah, you know, Kansas, they used to win the Big Twelve, but the conference is different now. Houston entered the conference with an unbalanced schedule and they've won eighteen in a row.
Speaker 1: Yep, correct. It has nothing to do with balance there, They're just meeting everybody. Here's my take on Houston, and also why this game bothers Kansas fans so much. It's because suddenly, after you dated the hot girl, all those years the girl everybody wanted. Now somebody else has a romantic tail friend. Kansas has to now watch Houston, a team that embodies twenty ten Kansas. Twenty ten's Kansas to a tee. They are the team Kansas used to be. Kansas used to go on the road and they get punched early, and they fall behind, and they trail most of the game, and you think it's over, and suddenly at the most crucial moments of the game, they don't make the mistakes, they force you into one and they splash in the shot they have to have to snipe a win on your home court. And at the end of the year, when you look at that and you say, wow, that happened at Central Florida. Houston just did that a week ago, and now it happens at Kansas and Houston when they end up winning the league, and you can point to three or four of these coin flips that they managed to win, not super unlike the Chiefs, seemingly winning all of the coin flips, because they just execute better than everybody else. Houston with the toughness and the grit that is Kansas at its best during the streak, That's why it looks so familiar. And that's why it sucks so much for Kansas fans because that used to be the way it is. Doesn't mean Kansas still isn't really good. If you watch that game, regardless of the score, and you walked away from that thinking both those teams aren't top ten teams in the country and that outcome has nothing to do with how far both of them can go in the tournament, you'd be correct. Those two teams are great. Kansas absolutely deserved to move up in the rankings after losing that game. They are clearly one of the ten or twelve best teams in college basketball. But that's why it sucks so bad, because Houston is twenty ten's Kansas, and that is what Jayhawk fans long for this team to return to how they were. Kansas is good, but Kansas, whenever they were at their best, they beat a lot of good teams because they on every day seemingly were just a little bit better than your good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's a really a take, and that's I remember thinking that last year Houston wins all these Big twelve games. I was not sold on Houston when they joined the Big Twelve. I thought that they'd struggle to get acclimated to this, But wow, how can you not have respect for that team and their coach that does nothing but win games. How they go on the road and they take your shot and they still manage to make plays. That team turned it over five times in fifty minutes at Allen Field House. They didn't make mistakes when they had to. Zeke Mayo made three turnovers, all in the final ten minutes and a few seconds of that game. They forced Zeke Mayo into those turnovers. Zek Mayo didn't just throw the ball to Houston for the hell of it. Houston forces turnovers better than any team in the country. They did what they do best when they had to have it. That's why they win games. Just like that's why the Chiefs win all these games. They're at their best when it matters most, and they can snipe it from the last second, from the grasp of defeat, from the jaws of defeat. They snipe it at the last minute. It looks familiar. Just those guys aren't wearing crimson and blue anymore. Doesn't mean Kansas still isn't good. Doesn't mean Kansas can't get there very soon, doesn't mean, they might not get there this year, but you this Houston team is better than any Big twelve team that Kansas had to deal with in the fourteen year run of the streak. That also is the thing we can't just say Gonzaga's league is ass and that's why they win all these leagues without acknowledging that part of the reason Kansas one of those Big twelve titles is because everybody else in their league was at best good but not as good as they were. Now there's a legit elite competition year in and year out from a dominant program, and Kansas fans don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Agree. How much do you think of this has to do with the transfer portal and self not having guys in the program to develop long term?
Speaker 1: I don't think Landon, And you can answer if you want. I don't think very much. They played. They were right there with a top five team, and everybody's like, that's a moral victory. No, it's not. The conference races were so much more important to Kansas fans than anyone else, So that's why this one hurts so bad. It feels like you just lost the most important game you'll play all year because now your chances of winning the league are so small. But when Duke and Carolina played all those classics all those years and somebody lost in overtime, none of their fans watch that and think, well, damn, our season's over. They thought, oh, Okay, we're right there with a really good team, and if we played them again tomorrow, we'd be right there with them again. Got a good chance to win in two months. I don't know, I didn't well. I don't think that game made should make you think Bill and the transfer portal it just ain't gonna work.
Speaker 3: I do think the general like increased parody in the sport is due to the transfer portal. And you can argue a little bit of Kansas's lack of dominance is being influenced by the transfer portal. I think there's a and lack of dominance.
Speaker 1: Just to point out lack of dominance feels so crippling for Kansas fans because we've all been spoiled so much. That lack of dominance means a four seed with a team that had a ton of injury luck, bad luck, and this year a two or a three seed at this pace, that's what struggling in the portal looks like for Kansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you can make an argument for that. I don't think this game is like an indictment on on Bill's ability to recruit in the portal or Kansas is like falling.
Speaker 2: On program that I'm just I'm saying, like the so when you look at a team like Houston, they don't make a lot of mistakes, They're extremely tough. They play with a lot of heart. And I'm not saying Kansas doesn't play with a lot of heart, but the things that make Kansas so tough than twenty tens, they won all of those coin flip games, it seemed like, at home, and a lot of them on the road, and we just haven't seen that in the transfer portal era. Granted, some of the transfer portal guys haven't worked out. NI Timberlake was terrible. This team should be better on than what it has been on paper. And so I wonder how much of that actually has to do with the guys not being in the system under self for you know, three years, four years.
Speaker 1: Isn't that true?
Speaker 2: Frank Mason?
Speaker 1: The West Virginia game on the Houston game are games that they have won more years than not. That's how the street happened. If kJ Adams makes that layup and Zeke Mayo or excuse me, Dwan Harris makes the free throw and Kansas is seven and one instead of five and three, which obviously strongly has an impact in the conference race. Are you sitting there feeling that much better about this team's chances of winning in March? I don't. I think that that's just mean.
Speaker 2: But they didn't make those shots.
Speaker 1: No, they did it. They haven't executed as well as we're used to. But I don't know if that's Kansas being definitively worse or if it just shows how thin the line is.
Speaker 2: And Howard, how comfortable do you feel with this team right now in a one possession game under two minutes?
Speaker 1: I know, I don't feel like they're doomed. I don't know. Maybe maybe I don't feel if the block if they right, but it's like that they're Are you supposed to feel like that when they're playing a top five to seven team that's known for forcing turnover Like I don't know, I thought like I just I think I think this is coming from a place where Kansas fans are so used to just simply being the best team in the Big Twelve and the best team in any game that's played on their home court, and when they're not, the building is so good that it wills them to those few extra points they need that. Now that you've lost a few games that were essential coin flips in the final minute, that it feels like there must be a reason. It must be because Bill Self's transfer portal skills suck. It must because they don't care very much.
Speaker 3: It must because Dwan.
Speaker 1: Harris is soft. It can't just be sometimes you'll lose those games and there isn't a rhyme or reason other than you got out executed by the thinnest of millimeters. I mean, the transfer portals is an abstract concept. They don't suck, they're good.
Speaker 2: But what I'm getting at is since the transfer portal era started, you can are and even actually, you know what screwed even a little bit before that. The team in twenty eighteen got boat raced at home by Arizona State and Remy Martin. I don't know, it just it's interesting, and part of that too, is hard to be dominant for so long in college sports. But it's just it's an interesting thing. I mean, you look at like tom Izzo Michigan State, who by the way, is really freaking good, and they're gonna make a Final four this year. I'm just saying this out loud. You guys are gonna have to deal with it. I've dealt with it, I've accepted it. I'll be fine.
Speaker 1: But Michigan cearly made the tournament last year and you're you're so your sample size of this is like half a season's worth where we've noticed Kansas getting better out the course of the season, Like Kansas won a national title and was in position to be the second one seed two and three years ago, And we're using thirteen games of Michigan State beating up on Nebraska and Rutgers as evidence why tom Izzo is passing Bill self and the transfer portals like stelt skills passing Bill.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying what I was getting is he struggled to in the transfer portal, like with getting a struggling play for him.
Speaker 1: Is he struggling.
Speaker 3: Struggling, He's struggling, but he's let me in, sort of take let me in, sort of take uh. This I think actually ties the eighteen team the eighteen nineteen squad together with these few teams because that is slightly before the portal air, but there were actually a lot of there were a few portal guys on that team with the loss and and Charlie Moore time Charlie Moore. It these kind of things happen, and you see this. You saw this with like super freshmen heavy cal Kentucky teams, super freshmen heavy Duke k teams, and you see this on really freshman heavy teams. Iowa State teams had this. That Io State was using the portal a lot. It wasn't the portal then just transfer guys. You see this sometimes when you have just like a lot of new on a roster at the same time, and that it is sometimes these little things, these little things kind of slip through the cracks the eighteen nineteen team, and sometimes chemistry is just off a little bit and takes longer to develop. And obviously the eighteen nineteen team also had all sorts of just weirdness happened you donk Andrew the vic leaving the team. Things we documented well and happened documented well, but nonetheless still shares in common some of that that that was a team that had a lot of all over the place pieces that kind of got smashed together, and you saw a lot of that where maybe the chemistry and the roster fit and the exact player fit which just wasn't there because we talked at length about like that year, Quentin Grimes, should he play primary point? Feels like the best position for him is primary point? But Devon Dotson is really good and can only play point guard? So how does that work? And we talked about that with last year's team, and how does this roster really fit together? We talked about it with this team a lot. And so I think maybe more so than just like a Bill can't recruit in the portal era, I think, which I do think he's not. He's doing fine, he's getting good players. I think maybe more so than that is just that inherently what comes with the territory a little bit of having a lot of roster turnover and a lot of new guys that you're trying to put all on the same team and try to make work, is that sometimes chemistry and sometimes these little problems can become exercised when you are seeing guys that haven't played together for three four years at a time. I do think that is something you are seeing, not exclusively because of the portal air, but obviously it is far exercise because of it.
Speaker 1: Let's get in with some of the players here before we get too deep in this recap, Starting with the Bigs. Their best player Kansas was was Flori Badunga, who had about one hundred dunks and rude to a nineteen point seven rebound performance in thirty six minutes. Lannon gave you some fake news earlier saying that he fouled out at the end of at the beginning of our right at the end of regulation. It was right at the beginning of the second overtime, which was the end of the road. Like you was on the it was on Ryland Griffin's missed free throw at the start of the second overtime, and it was one of those moments where you realized, Okay, you had already blown two golden chances. How many more are you going to get? And then your best player fouls out. That was really the moment when the riding was on the wall. His battery mate, Hunter Dickinson was really good in regulation. He finished with seventeen and then eight and forty five minutes, but he was held scoreless and both overtime and Jawan Roberts got a lot of hook shots over and exhausted Dickinson in the extra periods. Fans were once again going after Dickinson for being soft in his defense. Was a liability down the stretch. But I mean there's a lot of minutes to ask a guy who's that big, that's not used to playing that much by and I mean, ultimately, the bigs were good enough to win them this game together. They were thirteen for twenty one from the floor. They combined for thirty six points and what fifteen rebounds? They were plenty good enough. Kansas won on the glass. Ultimately, whenever you start adding extra overtime, it's not gonna be kind of your bigs. I thought both of them played fine. And yes, Bill self needs his head examined if he puts Flory on the bench for kJ.
Speaker 3: Adams completely agree. Flory was sensational. Have fun on the New Orleans Pelicans next to your buddy, You're going to a rock in the NBA. Dickinson was Hunter Dickinson. I think his defense was what it is. It's not great at times. I do think it's actually, I think he plays very well on defense with Flory Bedounga a lot of the time he degree. Now that's flipped because Flory. Not only has Flory developed on the offensive end, he's developed on defensi end. Because also he was completely clueless at times early in the season on anything that wasn't just straight man a man defense, and he has been super good for the most part on defense as well as the season's gone. They're really good together. Yeah, one floor fouled out that that was kind of the moment like, oh yeah, this might might indeed be an l they're great together, and that I agree has to be the rotation together. Flory should start and Hunter and Flory should play a lot together.
Speaker 1: The miss free throws ruined an otherwise brilliant night by de One Harris, At least in my opinion, I thought Harris was the best player in the game other than Flory until Kansas lost. He finished with eight points, three of seven from the floor. He was an excellent floor general in this game. Against the defense that forces a lot of turnovers, he puts up twelve assists to one turnover in his forty six minutes. Once again, it's a lot of minutes, they ran out of steam. The miss free throws were colossal. He's now just three for twelve shooting free throws in the last five games. He's really hurt Kansas at the line on their last two Titanic showdowns with top ten teams. Cam. I know that people are critical of Harris. They say he's not a big game point guard. The free throws were huge, But I thought he was really good. You don't have to agree with me if you want to offer some criticism, but I thought that I thought it was unfair for people to blame him for the I mean, technically, you could blame him for the loss, because if he makes one of the two free throws, I think they win. They certainly win. But I thought he was really good other than that one play.
Speaker 2: No, he was. He was awesome. I mean you can't really, you can't really boil it down to miss free throw. I mean it's not he's in a tough spot at the line with the game on the line. Yeah, it'd be nice to make him, but no, he played great. He is the least of their problems.
Speaker 1: Well, something that appears to be quite a big problem for Bill self is this next paragraph that you wrote, Cam, I'll let you have the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bill self took for fun. Fact, guys at the Auburn game the other night when they played Tennessee and Rick Barnes, they were offering fans free prostate exams, which is exactly what Bill self got from Houston in the last twenty seconds of overtime and regulation. Well done, Bill, I hope it was fun. By the way, it was a blood test, not an actual prostate exam. Ass ass at Auburn's SEC it just means more ass.
Speaker 1: Land. And you want to tell me about these stats. How about this fun stat that we cooked up in the lab. And that's not a prostate exam joke, it's just a basketball stat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see what we got here. Houston had a point four percent chance to win the game just prior to Wan Harris's first three throw tempant overtime per Ken Pom. And when I was perusing this, I thought you were saying fourteen eighty seven, and I was like, I'm pretty sure basketball wasn't invented in fourteen eighty seven. In one four hundred, one, four hundred and eighty seven games between ranked teams spanning the last fifteen seasons. That is the lowest win probability that any team ever had in a game they went on to win. Also, the first time Kansas has lost multiple home games in a in the same season since twenty eighteen. Yeah. Great, that's actually quite terrible.
Speaker 1: So one more time on that stat just because it was a lot of words and I didn't I didn't word at the best, that's the lowest win probability that any team playing against the top twenty five team has ever overcome to win in any game in the last fifteen years. So, in other words, those fans that were doing the rock Chuck chant, they history was on their side until it wasn't. They should A big part of the reason that they were almost right was Ryland Griffin. The light came on for him as he went New Year with five threes, and not only did he make five threes, but each one seems came at an even bigger moment than the last. I think four of them came in the final two minutes of regulation. Through the overtimes, he went for seventeen points and seven rebounds in a terrific game, playing thirty one minutes, going five for six from three. I will take this loss and another two. You can have two more losses if I can exchange those three losses for this Ryland Griffin being here to stay the rest of the year. This is the piece they need. Forty percent on the season shooting threes. Please continue to fire the rock.
Speaker 2: Zeke Mayo. He had sixteen points. He led the team with nine rebounds. He was five for nine shooting twos, but he was also just one for eight shooting threes. He missed his last six, and then he had two soul crushing DraftKings, account killing turnovers and in bounds passes as my favorite team, Kansas was trying to close the game out, in which I might have launched my phone into the streets of Chicago. His other turnover came a double overtime when he just got picked. Other than question why he's throwing the ball in bounds, do we have much to debate here?
Speaker 1: No, but that's a fair question. What would Bill self say, Let's keep doing that? I okay, here's the thing I don't understand. I I played basketball less than both of you guys. That's what Yes, that's exactly what I'm asked. Why doesn't the tallest person on the floor, throw the ball in bounce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's a good pass the.
Speaker 2: Best passer too, yes, me.
Speaker 1: Cross court vision and seriously, if I have I know this is kind of a hard play to drew up. But keep in mind they called the time out before the second one. The first one was a little bit of bad luck because Zeke Mail was calling a time out right around the time they whistled him for five seconds. That was a little bit less out of your control. The second one, he just freaking threw it to nobody. I don't understand. Dickinson at center court and as Cam said, oh, you got like six seconds left in the clock, throw it to the hunter and just have him shoot the thing as high as he can into the heavens. Just throw it straight up in the air. But like like it's like in the NFL when you see like the last play the game, the quarterback just drops back and floats it as hees he canty. Why not instead they try to do all this fancy stuff and man, yeah, it can't be your get the ball and bounce guy. That was bad.
Speaker 3: Well why do they try to run the Christian lightner play in clutch situations? They should have ran it here, just throw the ball.
Speaker 2: That's because kJ Adams wasn't playing. Remember, he's the only one that can catch that pass and shoot a mid range turnaround drump shot when the game's on the line, despite undersized.
Speaker 1: And window Kevin Durant. According to Bill self.
Speaker 2: It seems for Kream, Elijahwan and Bill.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about duel Jabbar team whatever it is, who is still thirty times better than AJ Store, who is as Cam has posted a very good meme that I cannot read because red well, AJ Store spelled from the floor, which was every bit as big and fat as it looks in a box score zero points in.
Speaker 1: Eighteen minutes, which is my line, but eighteen more minutes. A few fans want to know if they would have won the game with kJ Adams. The answer is probably because that would have meant less AJ Store, which would have been a big plus for Kansas. Like, yikes, that was AJ Store gets the big opponent. Not good in fact, not thought, they're not even anything close to good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is what I was unfortunately envisioning when I was like on the last show, when I when I was saying, yeah, this was a good performance, but maybe we should uh we gotta wait, We gotta wait. And see I was waiting you were out. I didn't see this.
Speaker 2: You were out of the store camp early. And I can't imagine that that stock is re regaining value.
Speaker 3: No, I sold all of it, all of it along.
Speaker 2: Good the Nancy Posy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of speaking of ass or as well, that also works. Yeah. The refs, Oh my goodness, the refs. Look, I'm not gonna sit here and dedicate several minutes when we already give you ninety minutes of talk to these stupid ass refs. But Doug Sermons any, the same guy who called the Zeke Mayo over and back. The two calls that I thought were the worst two in the game was the play that made Calvin Sampson irate. When everybody knows Hunter Dickinson fouled Juan Roberts on that little hook shot that wasn't called, and then the Floria Badunga's fifth foul fighting for the loose rebound on the on the on the free throw like boy man, and also Zeke Mao didn't get the call when a shot of three uh and and he shouldn't have gotten that call. But like that's the call that Doug Sermons himself gave Javon Small at allen Field House like, okay, can we at least be consistent? They were awful, They were variable, per the usual.
Speaker 2: I hope your offspring is a place kicking ref.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't get.
Speaker 3: The giant kickers, if they come up with the kicker the referee kicker Olympics and Diamond the Landrath to have a deep cut it TP reference. How about Diamond Landreth is like daddy, I want to wear the stripes and and kick field goals.
Speaker 1: Are you kick her instead?
Speaker 3: Your kid out the window? Or are you going to do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'll kick her instead, because we all know that if any kid of mine becomes a place kicking ref, they'll suck at everything they do. And they already don't have the genetic lottery on their side, So the last thing I'll encourage them to do is make it worse with their career choice. I hate refs. I also hate kickers. I hate I don't know which one I hate more. Goes back and forth and depends on the universe. You man, that's oh man? Do I have karma coming my way here? I will quickly finish these notes and then we can actually give a little bit more analysis about the game. Shackmore only played nineteen minutes and for some reason scored all right. For some reason, didn't play very much. Self is always like I really need to play him more at Harris less and then he never does. Shack scored seven points three to seven from the floor, David quite an uninteresting line of just two free throws in eleven unspectacular but fine minutes. The final numbers in this game are forty six percent from the floor, thirty six percent from three, and fifty seven percent of the line. They were seventeen for thirty at the stripe and a game they lost in two overtimes. You may want to point out how badly that hurt them, but Houston also started the second half over eight shooting free throws, so they're also usually very good from the line, so that kind of washed out. They both shot fifty seven percent from the floor. Kay was plus two on the glass and they were minus seven and turnovers only forcing five, which is terrible. As the Iowa State Arizona situation that that that game that I am watching here taman LIPSI just got the Zeke Mayo. I flopped, But I think I got bumped into by a guy and you didn't call it when I was shooting a three file. Nobody knows what that is and what it isn't because they call it half the time and half the time they don't. Okay, So not to necessarily be like closing thoughts, because you just kind of steamrolled through a very noteworthy performance. My closing thoughts on this game are, it was a frustrating heartbreaker to watch. That was a soul crushing loss as a fan. And I'm sure the players who, by the way, the ones that you're saying don't care in all that Hunter Dickinson set up the game. We feel terrible. The locker room is quiet. We're crushed after that loss, and we got to respond. That's because they do care. I know that sometimes when the other team puts the ball in the basket more than the team you root for, the natural instinct is to grab your phones and tweet at Rock Chalk Blog about how the heart and the hustle sucks. But they are trying. I assure you, they are trying. Their best was just not as good as the other team's best by the thinnest of margins. And that game should actually leave you feeling more encouraged than discourage about what this team could be in a couple months, because they went toe to toe with one of the five best teams in college basketball and absolutely should have beaten them. The execution stuff can be fixed. But this last year we were starting to have a lot more questions about this team. This year, we're starting to have a lot more optimism that this team could be different. Tipping your cap sucks. Tipping your cap sucks after you lose, And I understand when you're Kansas and you're not used to having to do that, it feels especially weird, But sometimes that's the best you can do. You both played well. They made one more play than you. They gotcha. You can say you choked all you want, but you choked doing something that they do better than any team in college basketball, which is forcing opponents into mistakes. You gotta take the l sometimes and get on with the next one. It doesn't mean that your team sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that is very very much the tone of my thoughts as well. I think, like I said up top, I think Kansas played. I mean, wasn't a beautiful basketball game? Was sixty six to sixty six going in overtime. But I think Kansas played well. They played a very good team, and they should have beat them. And I know that like that does hurt. Should have beat them is a sentence that hurts to say, because that means that they didn't win. Uh. Nonetheless, though, like I think that you should have watched this game, and I think you should feel encouraged today, Like I think you should feel like Kansas can beat most teams on on any floor. And I know this is Allen Field House, and Kansas usually doesn't lose games like this in Allen Field House.
Speaker 1: And so that remember all those years that fans were like, I wish we'd take a couple more regular season losses so that freshmen could play through their mistakes and me, me, me, and me meh okay, that's kind of what you did here. That's kind of what happened here. For being honest, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 2: That wasn't debate three veterans, Yep.
Speaker 3: That was a whole narrative for the entire streak was would it be better if Kansas lost a couple more games and wasn't in Uh, they didn't win the Big twelve regular season and they could rest quote unquote a little bit more and not have to put all their effort into that, so they could put their effort into March. I totally forgot about that until right now. Thank you, Ryan, Thank you for showing me the hypocrisy of some people.
Speaker 1: It was dumb then and it's dumb now, Like you can do both. The conference race isn't super important, but regardless of wins and losses, which sounds stupid to say, but even though those team's lost two home games in the last month, they are definitively better than they were a month ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that then heed sucked. The ending sucked.
Speaker 1: They played despite my ramblings of incoherent in this, they played well.
Speaker 2: The ending just sucked. I mean, you played well for ninety nine point six percent of the game, whatever it was. They'll be fine and again regular season Big twelve. Now it really doesn't mean that much, but it does suck. That being said, I think they'll be fine. That's my take.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that started with a bang and ended with a little bit of a whimper as far as the fire, but I'm sure talking about these super fun Big twelve games at ten thirty on a Monday night. We'll bring that intensity right back to us. Let's get to work if the soundboard works. Big twelve games and I know this is gonna stun you guys, but they weren't all as interesting as the one we just talked about.
Speaker 3: Are you I'm tested to read a scores? Are you gonna see?
Speaker 2: Normally?
Speaker 3: You used to scream me off off my spa of reading the thing. So I was waiting for you. I cleared out.
Speaker 1: You know all right, you want me to, I can get louder for you, Land and if you want me to you ce F eighty five, TCU fifty eight. Now, aren't you glad we did that?
Speaker 3: I'm very glad, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: I know now.
Speaker 3: The nights they're now four and four in a league. Play really bounced back well from the Kansas loss, and after beating TCU by a lot, the point differential is actually getting closer to positive.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Think of that game. They got twenty six points from Keishawn Hall, TCU shooting threes one for twenty. For those that struggle at math, that's really themself, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: And then they'd have to make their next one just to be elite eight, bel self, Arizona seventy eight, Colorado sixty three. Cam, tell me about this PAC twelve battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. PAC twelve just means more. Oh wait, that's sec. Wildcats are now seven to one. They have a chance to move past Iowa State and they're currently playing in Tucson right now on Monday night as we speak, and they're currently pouring it on Iowa State. They got twenty points from Anthony Dela Rosso or So what a name Colorado is? Ozho to eight? That's just not good. That's my d death analysis.
Speaker 1: I should just have spelled out Colorado but made it eight l So it's col La or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But I e else for how many toes a head football coach.
Speaker 1: Has I was hoping they'd get to eight so we could make that joke. Let's see what Colorado's next few games are, to see when they're gonna get one here at this point, Colorado next plays Arizona State at home. That feels possible, right like maybe?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, man, they suck. Also, if you look really really bad, so do you.
Speaker 1: Guys remember a few years ago when every team had to play like two ESPN plus games. If you look at Colorado's ESPN schedule, it is nothing but ESPN plusses. And then there's one game against Kansas. Dude who then they get on TV for.
Speaker 2: Who do you think commentates those games? Like how bad you have to be announcing and commentating that. They're like, dude, we're shipping you on to Boulder and you're gonna go commentate Colorado against TCU on Tuesday night?
Speaker 3: Like how fun in Salt Lake for Colorado at Utah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's brutal. Well, if Colorado doesn't get Arizona State at home, then they have two road games at TCU and Utah, which neither of those teams are Juggernauts, but they're still road games, and then they get Houston and Kansas after that. So if they don't get Arizona State, there is a very real chance Colorado is. If they don't get Arizona State, there's a very real chance Colorado is oh to thirteen after Valentine's Day, which is that's just sad, And then they have a game. Then they have a game against a certain team that's pretty close to where we live on a Monday night in Boulder, surely, and that game won't go poorly for a team that that is just so good on the road always and their coach never.
Speaker 2: Has there as his head up his asked so much.
Speaker 1: If Kansas loses to Colorado, I feel like we'll get unhinged Cam like point zero.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get Nolan. If Kansas loses to oh and.
Speaker 2: Fifteen, I feel like unhinged Landing just like unbuttons the top button of his collar shirt and then just says, frick, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, like I was about to say, and says fiddle sticks. So you were right there with me.
Speaker 3: Him, Yeah, that did happen on the last show. My apologies for my absolutely obscene tongue.
Speaker 1: It's it's okay. Landon has been fined. It's been it's been handled behind the scenes. Yeah. Well, we talked about Arizona State. They'll probably need to play better if they want to beat Colorado. Then they played in this game number three Iowa State seventy six, Arizona State sixty one. Though it does say that that's a fifteen point final, the final score doesn't show how neck and neck this game was for most of the night. The sun Devils led fifty six to fifty five, with six minutes left, only to watch the much better Cyclones in the night on a twenty one to five run. Good road wind for the Cyclone, thirty three points for Big twelve Player of the Year front runner Curtis Jones. I mean what at this point, who are the front runners for that award? It's Jones, It's somebody from Houston, right, They probably Manual Sharp and.
Speaker 3: Probably and.
Speaker 1: Hunter Dickinson's around, but well, yeah, that's how it works. It won't be anyone from this team, even though they won, because we get a sandstorm, just their second of the year. Kansas State seventy three, number twenty three, West Virginia sixty three. Good job, imas you finally got one. If I can ever find the drop.
Speaker 3: While landon Reids, Cam used the video of Aaron Rodgers running out with the flag for his first Monday Night for the game with the Jets to showcase West Virginia's time spent in the top twenty five, which is pretty accurate. Very funny, I assume, Cam said. Doug McDaniel is illiterate. I don't think that's probably true.
Speaker 2: I didn't write that. Actually, really it's not.
Speaker 3: A Ryan Okay, fair enough?
Speaker 1: Do you not remember why that joke is there, sir.
Speaker 3: I do, I do remember, but I did not deem it necessary to go down that rabbit hole. Well, that Dougie mcbucket scored fifteen the lead of the Wildcats, who led forty two to sixteen. I think that was the halftime score is something very similar to that. They lived by a lot. They coasted from there, and yeah, they get away easy.
Speaker 1: The Wichita Twin Peaks was popping because kuk State and Missouri were all playing at once and I got to watch k State Missouri win and I was like, oh cool, and the team that I root for is up by six and there are only eighteen seconds left.
Speaker 3: Is that where we should do our first ever live itp from the Wichita Twin Peaks? Would they have us back?
Speaker 2: I'm actually all four this idea.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know where it is, So if you guys want to meet me in Widgetar, you can follow me there and we'll watch losing two overtimes to a team that they absolutely should have been.
Speaker 3: Well, let's not tell them, Baylors. Let's just pull up to a table with Mike's and computers and just start recording and see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's how you get put on a list.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't have cared. Yeah, they wouldn't have cared as long as we kept ordering, which we kind of said. I eat about three hundred calories a week, so it was on the rest of my party to keep the table, keep the table service going. Baylor seventy six, Utah sixty one. What a boring Big twelve game? This was, Cam. I don't even feel like shoveling this one too, because you're better than this game has to off or I'll let you do the more.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that one.
Speaker 1: Nord Chad Omier had twenty two and twelve, and then another twenty one were added by VJ. Edgecomb. I feel like Baylor has played nothing but boring games. Jayhawks go to Waco on Saturday against an unranked Baylor team. How we feeling about their chances in that one?
Speaker 3: Nothing bad has ever happened in Waco to Kansas, wait, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Has ever happened in Waco? Period?
Speaker 2: Well, the last game of the uh Devon Dotson team with Udoka before COVID shutdown in the world was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That was the last time they won there? Guy, Yeah, yeah, that was that was Donald Trump's last Kansas Baylor game that he was president for, and guess who's president again. So I think that means that Kansas is gonna go down to Baylor and have a guy dunk all day and route to a win and a national title run in that year's tournament. Right, That's absolutely what happened, right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Joe Biden, can we haven't talked to you about this very take on the show yet, but are you in agreement that the twenty twenty team absolutely loses to Wisconsin fifty seven to fifty four team if they played the twenty twenty tournament.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do. I I strongly believe, and I think part of this is the fact that I Kansas was such a hot streak at that time that fans forget that they had some issues offensively on that team. But I still think they made a Final four that year. I think that was gonna be the minimum for that team.
Speaker 1: Well, Cam, you can tell the story of Kansas actually was set to enter the postseason with a seventeen game winning streak, which was the most that they had had since the twenty sixteen team rolled into the arena against Villanova with a seventeen game winning streak, and because with you and attendance inside the paint told you that matchup was great. You know how good that night went for the Jayhawks.
Speaker 2: One of the funniest things I've ever seen at a sporting event. There was a dude sitting next to me who he just started liking Kansas during the NCAA tournament, and he experienced the full Kansas experience in the NCAA tournament that day, and he started to fight with two Villanova fans next to him. It was awesome, and he was much bigger than the two Villanova fans.
Speaker 1: And but he left less happy than the Villanova fans. No, I said this, Well, the drop doesn't want to load. It's it's oh thanks, I was like the computer. The commuter gave me a bone, yeah, and it didn't work. Never getting a bone, well, yeah, something had to after that. Kansas game is certainly different. Didn't b YU eighties speak speaking of places that never get bones? B YU eighty Cincinnati fifty two. Okay, Cam tell me about the fighting Mormons. They may not get bones, but they do get dubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In the game that made half of Cincinnati can convert to Mormonism. Cincinnati kind of sucks. Their offense is terrible. They can't make threes. All of Cincinnati women are threes. By the way, I spent a weekend, e Yu got e Yu got five threes from Richie Saunders. Provo is coming for the Jayhawks, and Bill self will be carrying a cross into Provo with a sho a sword and a shield and a badge saying that kJ Adams is playing thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: There's so much there I want to touch on. The people of Cincinnati don't care that their basketball team sucks because Joe Burrow beat the Chiefs in the playoffs that one time, and therefore that's that's all they talk about.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: He's he's in it. It's the playoffs, Cam, He's always in can kun. That would be anybody associated with the with the Texas Tech sixty four Oklahoma State fifty four Oklahoma State aka the Bengals of the Big Twelve. The Red Raiders are six and two in Big Twelve play. They are good for fourth place. They were in control most of the night. Did you guys know Bryce Thompson is still playing for Olhama. I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I looked at the box score this game saw b Thompson. I was like, oh, who's that He led them in scoring, and it's Bryce Thompson. I was like, WHOA, that's great.
Speaker 1: In his fifth season, he's absolutely making a bunch of baskets. Whin he comes back to Allen Field House for the thirtieth year in a row here in just a few weeks. That's unbelievable. Like he's been in college as long as Hunter Dickinson, no joke.
Speaker 3: And according to his dad, he's a great three point shooter.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yes, that happened. Bryce Thompson's dad Cam. If you don't get that reference.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually so, Bryce Thompson made seven threes at Allen Field House once as a cowboy whenever he never shoots that well. And I posted on Twitter that Bryce Thompson is normally not good and he was that day, and Bryce Thompson's dad tweeted at Rockstock Buy and is like, no show, so little you know, Bryce is a great three point shooter. And then he went like one for eighteen the next seven games. And I kept tweeting at Brice dad because I am mature and sophisticated, or was back in the day.
Speaker 2: Ryan wonders why he has to go on like apology arcs on Twitter when people cross him, but then he has to go he be like, you know, I'm actually com full circle on this guy. He's a great human, just an ambassador for the for the sport.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a deep drive in the in the left field by Casios and uh a second house cam does this one show where he just makes everything blow up and it's in a good way. Though, Well that's that's a bad choice of words after that sentence. Oh well, hey, it all happens. It happens for a reason. I guess Big twelve standings not hitting anything. But yeah no, I don't think I'll lay on that joke, much like the nope number one here still undefeated.
Speaker 3: Uh in second place, Well one of them will truly be in second place and the other will be in in third shortly. But Iowa State in Arizona seven to one.
Speaker 1: In number four, Texas Tech six and two number five are two teams. One of them hasn't beaten the other in Waco since Trump was the president. And that's Kansas and Baylor. They're five and three mm.
Speaker 3: That Kansas team that was the best Kansas team that won in Waco doesn't never been a better Kansas team that's the best run.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are saying that, Oh.
Speaker 3: It's my turn seven West Virginia U c F by U. They're five hundred four and.
Speaker 2: Four number ten in a battle of Christian theology. Utah and TCU at three five.
Speaker 1: And number twelve is just kind of everybody in this conference that's not coached by Dion Sanders, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Cincinnati, all the states except for Iowa's because theirs as good. They're all two and six.
Speaker 3: And bringing up the rear sixteenth. They might not move off of sixteenth. Folks is Colorado, they are ohn eight, big horrible other games.
Speaker 1: A team that used to be in the bottom of this conference that's now in the bottom of a different conference. Rodney Terry's Texas Longhorns, who landon you asked earlier, does Cam ever win a bet? I don't think this technically counts because it was parlayed with other losing bets, But I laughed at Cam hard for betting against Texas A and M and betting on Rodney Terry, and it looked like I was going to be right when the Aggies built an eighteen point halftime lead, only to wind up blowing it and losing in Austin. I don't know what the final score was, I know it was by one point.
Speaker 3: On a last second.
Speaker 2: Sixty nine.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as all the good games are. Traymon Mark made the game winner, but freshman Trey Johnson was the star, as he became the first Longhorn freshman to score thirty in a game for Texas since a Giant Cupcake slash Serpent did it in two thousand seven.
Speaker 3: Otherwise than as one of the greatest scores in the history of the modern NBA, Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: And a front momber.
Speaker 2: And an MVP.
Speaker 3: Allegedly two time finals MVP m Joseph Biden is happy. He might not know that his brain might be sending him information that he's not receiving. But Minnesota Minnesota upset number fifteen Oregon seventy seven to sixty nine. He does the matters though, because Tom is those number eight. Michigan State refuses to lose Big ten games because they want at Rutgers to stay in first place. It appears to be them at number eleven produced race which perdue. Guys, they've never choked in their entire life. This is gonna be a heckic thing. No, never ever, the Boilermakers smash number twenty one Michigan by twenty seven on Friday Night.
Speaker 2: I took Michigan. There're not gonna lie. A Big ten team that completely hit the fan is nebraskaball the mayor of Iowa at one point. Fred Hoiberg kind of sucks. They've lost five in a row. Africa smashed by twenty eight at number eighteen Wisconsin. Remember when we all thought Fred Hoiberg was going to be the next big thing. Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we thought that. Whenever he went to the Bulls, it was the equivalent of like Sean McVay going to the Rams, like this is the young abs. B's gonna he's gonna take over everything and they're never gonna look back. And then especially when he went to Nebraska, we were like, oh my gosh, this is the best higher any decent power five school without a lot of success, has ever made. And he hasn't won a tournament game.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: No one ever has. They've never won a tournament game ever.
Speaker 2: So crazy. I was born in Nebraska.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. Were you really born in Nebraska.
Speaker 2: I was born in the birthplace of kool Aid, Hastings, Nebraska. That's the only thing interesting about Hastings, Nebraska, you know.
Speaker 1: Nebraska jokes city. I thought it was just Omaha. I thought that was the only city in the state.
Speaker 3: Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Apparently Lincoln is huge.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, it's is it? Though? If it disappeared what we noticed Nebraska. If Lincoln, Nebraska just went into a sinkhole tomorrow and you didn't look at Twitter, would you know that? Well?
Speaker 2: I mean no, but like I'm sure someone would text me like, hey, dude, a sinkle opened up and one hundred thousand overweight Nebraskas fell into the center.
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand Lincoln, Nebraska population of twenty twenty two hundred ninety four thousand, three fold.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't all of these, all of those but seven were freaking rabbits. Two hundreds not living Lincoln.
Speaker 3: They they meet there. Let's see some relevant people also ask what is the racial makeup of Lincoln, Nebraska?
Speaker 2: Do you really need to ask that question?
Speaker 1: White? White, and whiter. It's high eighties. It's actually probably less because it's a capital city, but high eighties.
Speaker 2: It's so would have a fever dream.
Speaker 1: Alex Gordon is from Lincoln, Nebraska. That's one. He was a good He was a good player for the Royals and helped him win a World Series.
Speaker 2: And once again, Ryan just knows random things.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's probably the best Royals player of my lifetime until Bobby Witt became a thing. I I can at least know that, Lamb, tell me tell me three people from Lincoln.
Speaker 3: Three people from Lincoln.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you said you were going to read famous people from Lincoln, Nebraska, and he made it sound like it was just a star stuttled lineup.
Speaker 3: I don't think I even said that did I.
Speaker 2: Was from there. I'm just kidding. I don't know. I just made that up. He was not from there.
Speaker 1: It would make sense.
Speaker 3: Hillary Swank hot or not? Hillary Swank.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get it, I get it. Landon, I see what you did there. That's an office reference.
Speaker 3: It was, yes, thank you. Ashley Graham seems to be born there. That's the second. That's the second most famous one. At least there's a hockey player apparently named Rutger mcgrorty. Everybody him Lane Kiffin, Lane Kiffen.
Speaker 2: Your child's name is Rutger. He definitely says it with him. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: That noise made every cat in this room, all three of them wake up from a dead sleep and look at me like what was that? And I will tell them when they're a little bit older. Number one Auburn scored fifty three against number six Tennessee, but it was somehow enough to win because Rick Barnes totally not going to let them down. In March, offense only scored fifty one. The Tigers were three for twenty shooting threes, but they got a game winner from Miles Kelly with just thirty seconds left to escape with a win. Jeni Broome did not start. He's still not quite right, but the team keeps winning games other SEC games.
Speaker 3: Number twenty two Miszoo continues to strengthen its resume by punching Number sixteen Ole Miss by eight. Punching is what he reeds that is? Yeah, hm, I got it, I got it. That's a Cris Beard doing a punch against his wife. Reference allegedly allegedly what Ole Miss hired him. If that's not indictment enough. Number nine Kentucky was an upset.
Speaker 2: Comings Mississippi.
Speaker 3: That is true. That is actually extremely true. That's why they hired him. It's normal. Simbernine Kentucky was upset again, this time losing by five at Vandy after the offense went dry down the stretch. Alabama, Florida, Mississippi State all took care of business to earn wins. Unfortunately, the SEC is the best football and basketball conference at this point.
Speaker 2: Not taking care of business was John Caliperry, who hit an all time rock bottom by losing at Oklahoma. If you lose, poor Emosure, you should be guillotine. His team is a colossal dump. Speaking of dumps, usually random in fact of the day, I'm gonna get this out of the one five seconds. Medieval time is not a great time to be alive. If he had to take a deuce, he had to go to the high spool in the castle, and then you drop trout and you unleash the gates of hell from up in the tower. It would travel down a chute land into a boat. And then there was some poor bastard that just got done with his day, and the cotton ear in the field picking corn and wheat that has to go home to his cotton or as a candy corn teeth having wife and he has to shovel it out of the moat. That's that's actually a thing to be thankful.
Speaker 3: For the first time, to be in existence.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine, dude, sir, have you seen what happens in three years from now. I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I'd rather not be in constant fear of being just taken by feudy nights and taking a dump at the top of a tower, down a shoot and then having some man shovel it that poor guuy.
Speaker 1: At least you weren't the person shoveling it.
Speaker 2: As you as I think somebody was though, right, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was definitely somebody. Speaking of the guillotine, I think that's where we need to send Dan Hurley because he lost that a horrible Xavier team and number nineteen Yukon is ranked when Arizona is not. Because I think the only explanation is voters are scared that Dan Hurley will go to the top of his castle and take a dump on them if he does not, if his team falls from the ranks because they have no business being ranked at all.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 3: Back to uh did DePaul win? The answer, No, they lost by seventeen Butler.
Speaker 2: And a Street.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think the losing streak is now at two or three. It's they've lost a couple of times they're on there.
Speaker 2: I'm saying the win streak.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, it ended at one.
Speaker 2: Yes, ended at one.
Speaker 1: Ranked teams to lose since the last time I did a show. Number six, Tennessee they were game, but they lost at Auburn.
Speaker 3: Number nine Kentucky they lost to Vanderbilt.
Speaker 2: Number twelve Kansas won for ninety nine point four percent of the game and then lost to Houston.
Speaker 1: Yes, they did. Number thirty A and M. They lost to Texas, but they won cams some money.
Speaker 3: Number fifteen Morgan lost to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I supposed to push it patiently waiting. Yeah, I was just waiting. Thanks Joe, I miss your man, uh Ole Miss. Well, that's not a political endorsement, damn it. Ole miss lost to Missouri.
Speaker 3: TV has no official political.
Speaker 1: Standing there the Party of Bill. We love Bill self.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would vos until they matter.
Speaker 1: kJ Adams for the Department of Defense. I guess with a BB a shoe in right and K. But he's still good at defense, so it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Hunter Dickinson for accounting, just adding stats every single game, Treasury, I don't even know I'm stupid anyway, read these more because we have eighty five ask arcbs nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yukon lost the Xavier twenty one, Michigan lost to Brazil at number twenty three. West Virginia went to Manhattan and lost to the Come on them ranked team or last weekend pick them. I'm getting closer to the bottom, land and U you have might have some company in Chicago for our punishment here in a few weeks.
Speaker 3: At this rate, now, I'll figure out a way to choke. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, when when life gives you a Zeke Mayo throwing the ball in balance, Landon will for sure find a way to wind up in Chicago in the first weekend of April.
Speaker 2: And they'll give you a hard ar Yeah, Grace.
Speaker 1: It depends on how I'm feeling at dick underscore Taser as we begin Ascar CV, who is an amazing uh dedication being put forth here to stick with the Haikus. As for the Jayhawks, he needs him to win three straight road games to stop tweeting. In Haikus, they're currently at one, with Baylor being next up. He says, you guys, ever get caught zucking and before you maybe asking yourself what is zucking? It is? Mark Zuckerberg got definitely caught staring right into the chest of Jeff Bezos's woman with her low hanging top at Inauguration Day and he is just staring straight down there looking for something that he dropped.
Speaker 2: He wishes, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure that everybody at some point has been caught zucking, right, Like remember whenever they put Aj mccarran's girlfriend on TV and Brent moh almost lost it. That was my first time sucking.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've ever been caught, but I've I mean I've I've sucked a time or ten.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna try to ask his questions. Ten minute timer at Berner goff eighteen zero zero or two. I think we win the game against Houston if kJ is healthy. Am I wrong? Maybe because Flory plays less but AJ plays less? Two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you might be wrong.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's very very close.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it actually flips it the defense is better, the offense is worse, and the final score probably still comes down to a coin flip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'd lose that at James D.
Speaker 1: Bedford. If we played the last twenty one seconds of overtime again one hundred times, how many does KU win? The answer is one.
Speaker 2: Hundred ninety nine at worst.
Speaker 1: At worst they because in that situation, one free throw is a win, or one inbounds executed correctly is a win. Or Houston going anything but two for two from three or making the buzzer beater. All of those things had to go wrong for Kansas one hundred out of one hundred. That's your answer.
Speaker 2: It's true, they don't.
Speaker 1: It's not happening again at show Me Hawk. If for whatever reason, the NCAA tournament had to be played in a regional bubble like twenty twenty one, what are some arenas you would want to host tournament games? I mean, I've always thought tournament games at places like Allen and Cameron would be really cool.
Speaker 2: The KFC Center because I went there once and wanted to die, so I want revenge.
Speaker 3: North North Carolina, like like the Durham Rawleigh, OH area. That'd be rad because there's a lot of arenas in that area. That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cam, Cam, tell me all the arenas that you've seen Kansas lose basketball games.
Speaker 2: In the Palace of Auburn Hills Rip that's gone, Uh, the KFC YOUM Center. I think that's it actually because I watched Kansas lose. My first ever game is watching them lose to Bradley in the NCAA Tournament at the Palace, and then I watched them win at Ford Field in two thousand and eight when they went to the National title. And then I watched them get just annihilated and just decimated by Jay Wright and Villanova at the KFC Young Center, which was horrendous.
Speaker 1: And you were at the Steph Curry game.
Speaker 2: That's actually at that I was. I was, I was like twelve, yeah, And I tell you, like the shot So where I was, I had pretty good seats with my dad and we weren't at mid court, but we were close. And the shot from our angle that Davidson took at the very end, it looked perfect from our vantage point and it just missed. I mean it was like four inches left I think of the rim or whatever it was. But yeah, no, that was cool.
Speaker 1: What have you have you ever been to Allen Fieldhouse?
Speaker 2: I've yeah, I have, I've been twice.
Speaker 1: What were the games?
Speaker 2: But they won both games? Uh? The one game that was just super into nondescript. It was like UNC Wilmington or something, or Ashville or something like that. And then the game where Kansas meat Villanova the year after the Final Four, where like three Jayhawks scored seventy points of their whatever.
Speaker 1: It was the La Gerald Vick, Dieter, Glosston, Devon, Dodson and nobody else did any bad team?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And honestly, that's a team that I regret going to watch so.
Speaker 1: At at they were good for a while at Staggosport. Paint a picture which I can be optimistic and excited about this team. I think we did. I think that that game should leave you feelly encouraged, and if Kansas does go on a little run, you'll kind of point to that and be like, Okay, they kind of figured some things out there at our scene Coat underscore FC. Will Kansas make it through the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Let's make that a gun to your head question. You have to say yes or no. Do they make the Sweet sixteen. I think I would say.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes. I think the answer is yes.
Speaker 1: Boy, bang bang bang. Good thing is none of us are gonna have to We're not gonna need Chicago because this hypothetical gun is doing the job for us at all. How interesting is it that Kansas is one of the best scoring teams in the paint, in the conference and the country, but they are bottom tier and three point shooting. Does their three point defense, which is also good, allow them to put others on the tier? Three point defense is all luck, all of it all? What it all luck?
Speaker 3: It's not all luck. It is it's not all helped by you.
Speaker 1: Notice how I haven't had people so the same people who say this team is the exact same as last year are also tweeting at me. Last year they were saying, well, they stuck at guarding threes, that's why eybody's making them, And this year I haven't gotten those because they're not getting blitzed from three because it's all Also, are.
Speaker 3: A much better defensive team than last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you realize that last year is three point defense. Last year's Kansas three point defense was one of the five best teams in the celf Era, and everybody thinks they sucked and they were not a great defensive team with the eye teams, but then they did this three point shooting is luck.
Speaker 2: I mean, then I guess they didn't stuck suck statistically, but we also would see them get boat raced at Hilton Coliseum with a guy making threes that just never makes three, which I guess you could say is is luck and to an extent, but you still have to close out.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like, sure you have to a hand up and all that, but looking at a team's the three point percentage against their team is not a great way to find out who the best defensive teams are. There's a lot of variance with that, Elliott awesome. Elliott also says I went on a mission following the last episode on College Basketball Reference to find some fun questions. He says, the best player turned coach in the Big twelve is Johnny Dawkins, and it's not close. I did know that figure that would come up at some point. Elliott says, as a collective, try to figure out what schools Bob Huggins played basketball at oh Man.
Speaker 2: I do not know this off.
Speaker 3: There's no way I'm getting that off the dome shot shot Elliott.
Speaker 2: He's a big supporter of the show. I will give, I'll get. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. He does an awesome job and asks great questions. Okay, So Bob Huggins played one season somewhere and then transferred and played three seasons at a different school, and over the course of his career he ever's nine points and three rebounds in ninety nine career games. He was listed at six to four.
Speaker 2: There is no wait, Cincinnati question, purk, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It is a schoolly coach that.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing Kansas State.
Speaker 1: He started at Ohio, he played in the MAC and then he transferred when you had to sit out a year and played three years at West Virginia, which I would have guessed. Never would have.
Speaker 2: Found out Ohio, I would I actually would have guessed. I didn't think he played there.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah, La, keep the good questions coming, man. These are always entertaining, especially whenever you think about how Bob Huggins wound up looking like he did. He was a good coach, He was a good basketball player at one point at Drew Watton. Now that the regular season is over, well, yes, what a chance they make the Sweet sixteen. We kind of just talked about that. I think it's slightly better than fifty percent At Ryan Morgan nineteen twenty six. When are we gonna get some new younger assistance on the staff instead of the retirement all Now, Bill Cells staff is consistently regarded as one of the best in the country. Man, like, like, I don't know, the least a couple of coin flips and yeah, they're yeah, the assistants are just fine. At LW ten ninety eight twenty four, What is the difference between this year and last year? Bill emphasized roster construction, but here we are in the same spot. No spacing, limited shooting. Was this a case of bad talent scouting in the portal? And how do we account for missus when the cost is at a premium? Okay, what would you guys say to that? And on a serious note, how is this team different than last year? For better or worse?
Speaker 3: One they have better players than they did last year? Yep, that's the primary thing, to be quite honest, it's a better construction than last year. Last year genuinely is like in hindsight, one of the least talented teams they've had by actual production. Yeah, they were supposed to be talented and they ended up not being. In mccullor's injury and all that. I mean, this team is so much better on defense. They are way more cohesive as a unit. Dare I say they have more fight?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think. I think the answer to that question is super simple. This team is deeper and then last year's team sucked deeper and more consistent. Yeah, there's better. I don't know.
Speaker 1: At Show Me Hawk, this is gonna sound like Kansas fans are spoilt. Take but Houston coming into the Big twelve and snatching our chain. It's just like the Ones Bongebob episode where he imagined Squidward winning Employee of the Year amongst a wall of spongebobs. YEP pretty much said exactly that earlier. Kansas fans don't like how the new guy in town does what they do for the time being. A little bit better doesn't mean it won't change, but it's a irritange. They're like, Hey, this is my streets. What do you mean You're just as good, if not a little better than me now And also, Show Me Hawk says I've avoided pressing the panic button for the Kansas team up until Saturday night's game, which I this. He says they blew it twice in a must win game versus Houston. Now they're five and three and our three games back at first with a tough schedule coming up. It wasn't a must win game unless you're considering the must do thing winning the Big Twelve. This team could finish third in the Big Twelve, and with regardless of the record, you're gonna feel you could feel really good about them entering the Big Twelve tournament and ncaaas it was by no stretch, at least in my opinion, a must win game unless you really value winning the league that much. Otherwise, I don't know how you can say that that was the moment that made you push the panic button.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the structure? This might take too long, but can we talk about the structure of college basketball for one second? Because I think it's best comp and I know you guys aren't super familiar with this, and that's totally fine. But is European soccer, to be quite honest, where everyone has like their own league and everyone has their own league to win, and then based on how you do in those leagues, you play in European competition across all leagues and everyone plays against each other. There's actually multiple things in multiple tournaments and multiple competitions you can win in any given year, and college basketball has some of that. That you have your conference, you have your conference tournament. You know a lot of teams play in Thanksgiving tournaments and have little trophies that can win there. And then obviously there's March Madness and even obviously to a much much lesser extent like dan I t and stuff. But there's a lot of trophies you can win in a given season. And I would also like so obviously for a team like Kansas, winning the national title via the trophy you can.
Speaker 2: Win is.
Speaker 3: The like, that is your most important thing, and that's a real, like, at least a vaguely realistic goal for Kansas, like most seasons. But if you're like Ohio State, where if you are any number of what has been totally fine big twelve teams, or if you are you know, just any real like middle of the road program, like what are you trying to win in a given year, I'd say for most of little teams that actually is their conference, and probably the regular season conference is the most like competitively difficult thing you can win. Is that crazy?
Speaker 1: Especially at this pace with how conferences are getting bigger. The Jayawks won ten team big twelves. Now they have almost twice as many teams and it's probably getting even bigger in the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hard to do. Also, hot take the conference tournament should not determine autobids.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's a story for another day because we have to move on to the preview here at some point. But so if we didn't get to the questions, just ran out of time to date. But I will try to come back to the next show just to touch on a couple of things here at MAYOZI Berner, Yes, now is the best time to invest in the future of this team for my money at show me Hawk. If the Chief Stadium has a retractable roof that they build, that's going to be just for final four as in Team Mobile would continue to get the regional places. And at Berner Goff eighteen zers ear or two a couple of teams we wouldn't want Kansas to play come in see a tournament time. It's the same story every year. They have to avoid the teams that are really good at putting pressure on the ball, because those are the teams, especially on a short turnaround, that Kansas has had tendency to struggle with. And I never want to see him play teams that can absolutely light the nets on fire from three, which probably isn't UCF, which is why we're now going to do that. UCF at number eleven. Yes, they did go up in the rankings Kansas on Tuesday, January eighth. Then if you are January twenty eighth, and if you didn't think this game is going to be on ESPN Plus, then well where were you all those years?
Speaker 3: The Central Florida Knights, they are thirteen and six overall, they are four and four and Big twelve play. They lost Kansas by fifty one points three weeks ago. Not a great outing for UCF.
Speaker 2: There, Nope. Wing Keishaan Hall is a team's top overall scorer at seventeen points and seven rebounds. Point Guard Darius Johnson and his fifteen points per game, is a team's best three point shooter at forty two percent. Slashing wing Jordan Ivy Curry is a team's best free throw shooter at eighty seven percent while also averaging fifteen per game. Dallan Coleman, who does not play for BYU and Jalen Sellers, also gets minutes. As UCFS almost always uses a four guard lineup.
Speaker 1: They're starting center as Senegal freshman Mostafa tiam He is seven two two thirty five and he's he's a lot better than he was earlier in his career. He's getting better quickly. He's a lot better at avoiding foul trouble.
Speaker 3: It was a.
Speaker 1: Struggle for a while, and now he's playing about twenty five minutes a game. He averages nine to five and he has gotten a lot better. Should be interesting to see how he defends a primary four guard defense can defend what's going to be the Hunter and Floory show again.
Speaker 3: UCF is one of the best teams in the country during contact and getting to the free throw line. They average eighteen makes and twenty three attempts per game from the stripe, and their seventy seven percent free throw percentages top thirty nationally. They're good at taking the ball away and they've been solid rebounding the ball, and they're a good three point shooting team as well. That's thirty five percent. Regardless of what they showed in the first matchup. The struggles have been two point show's settling for long range jumpers and fouling quite a bit though, as we did see in Orlando.
Speaker 1: Boy did we see that? Yeah, the long jumper will launch from anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the night's first trip to Allen Field House. It is a rubber match in the all time series. I'm gonna go ahead and take the first pick here. I'm gonna say Kansas wins this game eighty two to sixty seven in a game that we will all forget happened in about two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Yeah, that's a pretty excellent pick, I think. Yeah, I'll take Kansas like eighty four to sixty five, and it's probably a little closer than that. A lot of this game. I mean again, on paper, I think UCF on it is not a horrible matchup, but clearly the first game was was not like you see if not up to the task. I think they will equit themselves better than a fifty one point loss. I do not think this will be particularly close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like a game or Kansas that UCF's gotta just wish if they could draw Kansas not off a really frustrating home loss, because now they're coming back to Allen Field House to be for a team that's in the same spot as Kansas was to play the first time. I think Kansas wins, but I think it's closer than you guys do. I think it's something like eighty three to seventy four. I think UCF's gonna score some points. They're gonna shoot the ball better than they did in the first game, and I think it'll be really interesting to see how they adjust. They have a good coach and they've been that game is far and away the outlier and what's been a pretty solid season for them. I would anticipate them keeping this game a lot closer and no kJ Adams in this game for Kansas, which may be a positive on offense. I think you're gonna see the Jayhawks score plenty of points. It'll be interesting to see if ucfs three point shooting can keep them in it, or if they shoot it like they did the first time, the game's gonna be over very quickly. I think.
Speaker 3: What if they lose like one hundred and ten to forty.
Speaker 1: There, then they're point differential Big Twelve place. That would be even funnier because they'd be still hovering around five hundred. But I don't think that the two bigs is going to help them. If they're not shooting the ball well. From three, Kansas is going to overwhelm them with Dickenson.
Speaker 3: And Flory, which is what happened in the first game, and I think it's very likely to happen again other games.
Speaker 1: In the Big twelve game going on right now, and it's tied with eight minutes left, So take your choice. Number three. Iowa State at Arizona. Give me the Wildcats at home.
Speaker 2: Same, give me Iowa State.
Speaker 1: Cam's the pick him leader and he has spoken Baylor at BYU. I hate everything about this matchup, but I will take BYU at home.
Speaker 3: I think same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, why not?
Speaker 1: Arizona State at Colorado. I will go ahead and pick Colorado because if it's not here, I don't know where it is.
Speaker 3: Give me the Sun Devils.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm actually gonna take the Sun Devil here.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati at Utah and a game I don't want to pick. I said I wouldn't pick Utah all year. I'm not gonna do it. Give me the Bearcats.
Speaker 3: Uh, give me the youths.
Speaker 2: I will take the Bearcats.
Speaker 1: Number six Houston at West Virginia. This is a fascinating game. Houston's gotta lose one eventually, and this feels like a good spot to take him. But West Virginia has not played well at all, and I don't feel like going against the team that's won them all. I will take the Cougars.
Speaker 3: M this is this is a really tough one. West Virginia off the loss. Houston eight. Oh give me, give me the Cougs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cougars.
Speaker 1: TCU at number twenty two Texas Tech. That one feels pretty easy. We all want the Red Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: And Oklahoma State at Kansas State and that if you watch this game, you should have your head examined. Bowl. I will take Jerome Tang to win another one at home.
Speaker 2: Same Yeah, Tang is cooking.
Speaker 1: And then just two other games this week. Number twelve Kentucky at number eight Tennessee. Mark Pope's team is slipping a bit. Do they go into Knoxville and get a win?
Speaker 3: They do not?
Speaker 2: Yes, no, they do not.
Speaker 1: Correct, but it wouldn't stun me. I think that this is a bad matchup for the balls, but I will take them at home and a number fifteen Saint John's the Fighting Patinos, first time we picked them all year. Do they go on the road and win at Georgetown? I say, yes, yeah, sure, when not?
Speaker 2: Give me Rick Pasino? All right?
Speaker 1: Our next show's coming out later this week, and we have Baylor and Waco up next. I'm gonna read what Cam read wrote there, and then I read past number four or five and said, no, I cannot read that because it's a Waco joke. And you know what, Waco is kind of a joke if you think about it. At least it is when Kansas goes there because they always lose. Yay m.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One more askcarcb just because we have time at Kendra Hawk forty five. Why are all the incoming players having such a hard time shooting the three? It was such a big focus after last season and they're right back in the same spot again. Is it on the staff? How do they adapt? Et CETERA good question to end on.
Speaker 2: Huh uh. I don't know, there's no answer. They should be better than this, be better figure it out.
Speaker 1: Griffin and Mayo are shooting really well. Right to shoot the three transfers that they log are fort shooters. I think that that. I think that this is more so Harris and Dick Andson and and kJ are no threat to make threes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it has a lot to do with everyone else.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be fine. They will be you know what screwed? I said enough on the show show Kansas will be fine. What that means they'll be fine?
Speaker 1: We said, we said Cam has like a once perst show arc. And you just saw it, folks, you just saw it. The opening to this is is just pure gold. This is inside up in the last ninety minutes, that's until next time. Literally, this is inside the faint on rock chalk flog Im Ryan Lander.
Speaker 2: I'm landing Fields and I'm gonna throw my phone in disgust if Kansas loses tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's understandable, all right, everybody behaved
Speaker 2: Cam by Cam's phone Later, guys,