Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy. Thanks for finding the podcast version of the show. If you're not listening on the iHeartRadio app, you should because there's a lot of great new updates, including the ability to set one oh three point one as a favorite, just like you do in your car. Open up the iHeartRadio app update and use it. Here's today's podcast. Okay, Jamian, we told you the story how for years when Tricia was a listener to the show, she thought the beginning of that this song when the guy goes okay, we told you she thought that was me for years. Right, I still.
Speaker 2: Think it just now when it played, If y'all were looking, I shook my head because in my brain I was like, can't tell me that's not Sandy sane, Well, what's weird?
Speaker 1: As we bumped into someone else that we're telling them that story and they thought the same thing. They thought it was too that's just every day. I came in just said, ooh.
Speaker 3: Before you pre recorded it.
Speaker 1: Well, hello everyone, thanks for being with us. It's the JB and Sandy Show, Austin's Dady Station one O three point one. Take care of some business here. First. I'm gonna let you know that we got a chance for you to win one thousand bucks coming up at nine o'clock. We do it every single hour right up until five o'clock, so lots of chances to win cash today. Be listening get the keyword, enter it into our website at one O three to one Austin dot com and on the iHeartRadio app. You can enter it there. And if you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, make sure that you like and follow the radio station. That way you get updates of what's happening here. You'll know that you know we're giving away the money in just a minute or something that we're talking about on the show. All that kind of stuff, and update the iHeartRadio app. Okay, all the business part of the show is done. Let's have some fun. JB got to give you some love. Man. You turned us on to something that turned us on to something else. At the Costco. JB's a new costco guy, by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never been to a costco until last month, six weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Maybe, And how many times have you been in the last six weeks?
Speaker 4: Four or five times?
Speaker 2: By the way, we're at the age where you have to call it the cost code. Just seeing right like Facebook, Yeah, exactly, the out back.
Speaker 1: So, uh, you turned us on to the burnt ends, the brisket burnt ends. Well, Tricia went to Costco last week, didn't have them, and she took a shot on the full on sliced brisket from Costco and at the risk of losing my Texan card in saying that store bought brisket is good. It's good, it's delicious, it's.
Speaker 4: It's you can still put your local sauce on it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's good in that. It's like if you're gonna do a brisket at your on your own at home, that's an all day affair, you know. And then if you go to get brisket somewhere, darn't expensive. And this is really really good in a pinch, you know, would I take a you know, a real barbecue places brisket over it, sure, but for pre cooked just throw it the microwave for five minutes, brisket.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you. We just on a whim a few days ago picked up some Terry Blacks and I was like, dang, this brisket's good. But it's like it's it's a nice, easy, convenient fix. You've got it, like you have some of the freezer or whatever, and just you know, yeah, it's decent enough. And then I put I put Franklin's barbecue on mine. My wife likes the Salt Lake original.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it, love it.
Speaker 2: But also in this day and age where everybody's all eat more protein, eat more protein, it's easy.
Speaker 3: You have it right there, you eat it up, you have a protein snack. You're good to go.
Speaker 1: So anybody that's listening, if you're going to brave a Costco anytime soon. And folks in Liberty Hill, you'll get your soon, you'll get your Costco. Uh, grab it. It's good. I don't I have no idea how much that cost. And I bet Tricia doesn't know either.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just put it in the basket. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Do they do ribs too, or did I make yes?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we got those two.
Speaker 4: There are pork ribs.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 4: Okay, I gotta try those too.
Speaker 1: You got to get those back in the cooked food section the deli pipe ready made meals. They're in the back and they're good. They're really good. Throw some of your Franklin's barbecue sauce on there. You're in business man.
Speaker 4: One thing that you know, I'm I'm I'm big on Aaron got something else there. They were stuffed Bill Pepper's.
Speaker 1: Oh love, awesome.
Speaker 4: Those were really good. But and I looked up I said, how good equality is the beef at Costco? I was wondering, like, there's gotta be a catch And I actually read that it's considered very high quality.
Speaker 1: And the meat, like the steaks and stuff you're talking about. Yeah, it's great meat.
Speaker 4: But but I noticed walking through there most of the fish was farm raised.
Speaker 1: You don't want that? Now?
Speaker 4: That was a bummer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that bad? I don't know why that's bad.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It's do some research.
Speaker 1: It's gross.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it's.
Speaker 4: Not even it's not even like a farm raised salmon is not even the same color they color it after the fact.
Speaker 2: Oh really, My problem is that there's still got their faces on them at Costco.
Speaker 3: They're just whole fish, Like what the.
Speaker 4: Col am I supposed to do with that?
Speaker 3: Hey, I got it. I don't want to do all that work.
Speaker 4: And you should go to Fiesta sometime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I've been. I will it's too much. I can't handle that, all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show today, a couple of things much later in the show. Apparently the vibe that I'm doing something wrong with Tricia when I'm trying to send off the vibe for extra friendly relations. I have no idea what it is. Tricia's gonna tell us all. I'm gonna find out the same time. You guys are also Rodeo Austin is announced its line up and there is a huge star that's going to be there, and Tricia's got the story we love. Coming up next, what do you have for us?
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to talk about Hoda Copy's replacement, new partner for Jenna Bush and the ninth hour of the Today Show.
Speaker 1: The ninth hour, it's that long now.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, The fourth hour, third hour, one of their later hours of the Today's Show. It's Jenna and Friends and the name is going to surprise you and the paycheck is going to surprise you.
Speaker 1: Boy. That's how all the big time news anchors do a tease like that. The twelve hour, one of those hours, That's how they do it.
Speaker 2: People know what I'm talking about. I'm assuming that some people have an idea. I don't have time for all the specific Sandy, all right, stay with us.
Speaker 1: The story we love coming up on Austin's eighties station. What three point one? How much will the replacement for ho to Coppy on the Today Show get? Tricia's going to tell us who the front runner is and how much they're likely going to get paid in just a second. It's the jav and Sandy Show. We'll do it again tomorrow from seven until eight o'clock. Tricia let me know yesterday that she's pretty sure that the last couple of days was our winter and it's over. Just gonna warm up now, Which is.
Speaker 3: I think that's it?
Speaker 4: You don't think we'll have a February dip.
Speaker 2: That's what I told Sanday, is like, if February holds true, we'll get some sort of one more ice storm out of it.
Speaker 3: Super cold.
Speaker 2: But I was like, but really wouldn't be surprised if winter's over and now we're just gonna slowly get hotter and hotter.
Speaker 1: We walked yesterday for just over an hour, and it was probably maybe thirty five degrees forty degrees when we walked. By the time I got done, I was my shirt was sweaty. Yeah. When I was done, and Tricia, let me tell you, she hadn't walked for a few days with me, and she took off like a bet out of hell.
Speaker 3: He was like, slow down.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, slowed down a little bit funny. So anyway, Hi, Today's going to be fifty one the stories we love.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm sure everybody knows by now.
Speaker 2: Ho to Cootbee retired from the Today As the co anchor cried Melbourne replaced her. But not only was she the co anchor on the Today Show, she was also Jenna bush Hager's partner on the fourth hour of The Today Show where they just kind of cut up, had fun guests on stuff like that. So since she's been gone, Jenna bush Hager has been having various people sit in as guest hosts like Taraji p Henson, Eva Longoria, and Kiki Palmer. But the one that has risen to the top that apparently the NBC execs loved the most Scarlett Johansson.
Speaker 4: WOA big time movie star.
Speaker 2: So I've seen her a few times on the show, and she's pretty good.
Speaker 3: She's definitely a natural.
Speaker 1: And she's funny. Yes, and the Today Show. Also they get a two for one deal because they're gonna drag her husband into it too.
Speaker 2: From Saturday Night Live comed Oh, they already had him on yesterday. He was one of the guests in the fourth hour with her as well, in like a Jeopardy question type setup.
Speaker 4: I don't get. I don't see wanting that gig when you're at her caliber.
Speaker 2: So she does get for when she does a movie, she gets fifteen to twenty million dollars per movie. But she and Colin Jos have small children, at least one. I think maybe she's had her second one.
Speaker 4: So I think that change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that the draw is that she is home every day. She goes to work in the morning, it's not until the fourth hour of the show, and then she goes home every night. Here's the part that I'm like, I don't know, Hey say no to that. It's rumored that her contract would be five million dollars a year to do one hour of TV. I think that's cheap every morning.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Jenna Bishager, who's been on the show for a few years, makes four right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's the difference is she's a scarlet ray has a much much.
Speaker 3: Bigger name, bigger name, bigger draw exactly.
Speaker 2: They're also saying if they get more viewers, which would because of Skojo scar Joe is what they call her, sorry that then Jenna probably could ask for more money to get bumped up to five as well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and apparently Scarlett Johansson is like, I love this. I've been having so much fun. I was so excited to come in.
Speaker 1: That'll change.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I was thinking. Everybody says, it's so fun until you got to do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, e E free day.
Speaker 4: Sandy, And I know thirty years of that.
Speaker 1: It's like it.
Speaker 4: Is, It's not all just fun and games.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, pretty funny. I heard an interview you're talking about Jenna Bush, an interview with her cousin Billy Bush. And Jenna came to Billy for some advice when she first started the Today Show, and she goes, what you know, what can I do to get better? What should I do? What should I do? And Billy Bush goes, well, stop inter interviewing your father every day.
Speaker 2: Oh that was kind of her claim to fame.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell she got the job. Oh, access to her dad. But I think it's a smart move for Scarlet Johansson. I mean, I she's got kids, she goes into work, she comes home. She's not often Zimbabwe shooting a movie for nine months, you know, right.
Speaker 2: But then if she does accept a movie role, then they just do what they're doing now and have a bunch of guest hosts come in while she's out doing it. It's kind of the best of both worlds.
Speaker 4: Probably, Yeah, I don't know. She could carve out a little time to maybe write some better jokes for Colin Joe's.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I'm not a fan of the current lineup of an SNL news Him and Michael Chan The Weekend Update the worst lineup ever in the history of SNL.
Speaker 2: I love the Weekend Update. That's my favorite part of the show. I love the two of them.
Speaker 4: That's so weird because I can't stand that thing.
Speaker 1: So you don't like when they do the segment when they write jokes for each other and they don't know what the jokes are and.
Speaker 4: They make them horribly racist.
Speaker 1: That's what's funny. JB's gone woke on us.
Speaker 4: No, No, I just I just don't think they're strong enough for that. Norm MacDonald was the best ever, but.
Speaker 2: I was good, that's true. I agree he was the best. But I love these two together.
Speaker 1: I go back to Chevy Chase and Jane, you ignorant slut. That was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Chevy was the original and he set the bar on what that was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I who was? They had some great you Now do you like it when they bring the third person in?
Speaker 4: Who it is depending on what the bit is.
Speaker 1: Because there's been some classic characters that they've brought in. I mean the one that I you may not even remember this, but do you remember Father guidos Arducci? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean literally I fast forward through SNL just to get to Weekend Update and you hate it and sanity.
Speaker 4: So yeah, here's some of the names in the past. Chevy Chase set the mark. Yeah, when they watched the show, Jane Jane Curtain was on it, Dennis Miller, unbelievable, Kevin Neil and pretty good. Norm McDonald was the best. He got fired because he couldn't leave Oj Jokes alone. Who could Colin Quinn Okay for a couple of years, pass on that, Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey for four years.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 4: Tina fe and Amy Pohler for two years.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely pretty good.
Speaker 4: Amy Poehler and Horatio Sans one season. Amy Poehler, Seth Myers very strong. Then Seth Myers did it on his own for like five years.
Speaker 2: Many people turned into a real twerpp that phrasing a long time.
Speaker 4: Then went Seth Meyers, Cecily Strong and Cecily Strong and Colin Jos and now these two lame os.
Speaker 1: You really about it.
Speaker 4: And he gets Scarlett Jansen Johansen with that gear?
Speaker 3: How did he do that?
Speaker 2: How did Colin Jos get Scarlet Johanson.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be the hair.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Chicks always say they like funny.
Speaker 3: It's true, but I mean, if anything, he's funny.
Speaker 2: I would think Colin's Josto is a little bit, a little bit on the tower Pye side.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's just he's a handsome man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean he's kind of cute. I don't know, not my kind of guy. I like him, though, I'm just saying I don't think I date him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was funny in the Olympics though, Remember he was doing the surf thing for the Olympics, and he.
Speaker 3: Was way out in the middle of nowhere in Fiji.
Speaker 1: He was in Fiji, right, It's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Now bringing a bag selfishly looking at Scarlett Johansson every morning versus a copy. Yeah, yeah, I'll take that deal.
Speaker 1: They sent Hoda off with a hoe.
Speaker 2: Abration, week long, hotibration that I didn't think was ever going to end. I don't know how anybody can cry as much as she did.
Speaker 4: That whole How long was she there do you know, oh.
Speaker 2: Like twenty four years something? Crazy long she was there. I mean, she totally deserved it. I think the reason I feel anto it is because they called it a hote abration.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, to her credit, she got to leave on her own terms and leave properly. It rarely happens in media.
Speaker 1: That's rarely. Last thought on this, you mentioned Craig Melvin is now the co anchor of the show Samantha's Samantha Got Three's the Boss, though I mean she's the Savannah excuse me, Savannah got Three's the Boss. But watch the cooking segments with Craig Melvin. My dad pointed this out to me. He goes, I love watching Craig during the cooking segments because he always goes off to the side and just eats. He does never says anything because he eats it in Yeah, that's the story we love. It's the Jab and Sandy Hour. You can grab the podcast version wherever it is you get your podcasts. Stay with us. We've got more coming up. Hey, don't go anywhere because still to come. Tricia tells me that I am a faily and when it comes descending off the vibe for sexy time. By the way, for those of you that don't know, Trisha and I are married. We're not coworkers sleeping together.
Speaker 4: We are are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we just you'll get an HR call about it. Yeah, I mean, it's just one of those things. So that's coming up before nine o'clock. Be here for it. Rodeo Austin has announced its its concert lineup. It's going to be here in March when everything else is happening in Austin and March just got south By Southwest coming and it's always right around the same time in March Saint Patrick's Day, Am I right? Or they move south By Southwest.
Speaker 4: Now because they always try to do it on spring break. Yeah, a lot of a lot of kids can come. You know, the Rodeo. It's the same for Rodeo. It's like spring break is when you want to do. That's when you can go do all that stuff and get out of school.
Speaker 1: Yeah. March fourteenth to nineteenth. It's at the Travis County Expo Center. Tickets go on sell Friday ten o'clock at Rodeo Austin. Here's some of the people that are going to be or mean, uh, Tracy Lawrence is gonna be there, Robert Earl, Keane's gonna play, Gary Allen is gonna play, and a big name is playing. You guys know him from Yellowstone as Casey Dalton. Real name is Luke Grimes.
Speaker 3: I have nothing born didn't have you.
Speaker 2: It's that.
Speaker 1: Kids out with that's you want be fun guy. It sounds like soon and you'd hear it Lukenbach right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got the it's got the Central Texas country vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah it does. It's speaking of that. Can I tell you guys about somebody and before you tell me a really past judgment on you on him, I want you to listen and then I'm gonna tell you something really interesting about this guy. He's not playing at the Rodeo, at least not yet, but he might be. Check this guy out, I'll.
Speaker 4: Follow rising me is the Sunrise?
Speaker 2: If this just what you choose to do.
Speaker 1: His name is Ty Myers. He's seventeen years old.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I like it.
Speaker 1: He's from Dripping Springs. Oh yeah. So I was texting with my buddy Guys. Remember cheeseburger brock Right. I was texting him about something. He goes, I'm at the hotspot in Cedar Park. His daughter owen one to go see Ty Myers. And so I had never heard of ty Meyers. So immediately pull him up on Spotify and start listening to him. Then I caught up with Rock a few days later. I go, hey, man, I listened to that guy, Ty Myers. He's really really good. He goes, yeah, he's seventeen years old.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you're kidding me. And he said that every girl from fourteen to fifty five was there at that show and in love with some time Myers. I mean, the cougars were hunting.
Speaker 3: Is it bad that I'm like, I want to look up and see how cute he is? What I feel like that's weird.
Speaker 1: What's kind of cool about him is he writes all his own songs, and you're like, how do you write that song at seventeen years old? Right? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You haven't lived much life yet.
Speaker 1: Or maybe he was, yeah, exactly. So anyway, the rodeo, he's not part of the rodeo, but it's going to be kind of cool that. I wonder if Luke Grimes was into country music before he played a cowboy in Yellowstone, that's my question.
Speaker 4: I bet he was, but I don't think he was drawing big crowds like he. I'm sure he is now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, that show's put out some musical acts. Lany Wilson really got big because of the show.
Speaker 2: Right, She was definitely singing before she went the show, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And who's the other guy on the show, Ryan Bingham? Ryan Bingham. Yeah, he's got an Austin History.
Speaker 4: Love Love meson Ryan Bingham.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was doing it before the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He just put out a live record, like I actually bought the album to listen to.
Speaker 1: Wow. Cool. Yeah, he was down, as I understand it, like playing flatbed pickup trucks at rodeos in South Texas for a while and then came to Austin. JB. You probably know this story better than I do. But somebody somehow ended up in Austin, somehow ended up playing the Continental Club and then made a record while he was here. In fact, he made a demo record and JB and I saw the couch that he slept on for six months at Purple B Studios in Austin.
Speaker 4: That's pretty much unknown, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you saw him young too, you saw him early. Well.
Speaker 4: I first heard his name, I forget. His first thing is a cover song and it's one of those where you hear it and you're just like, oh, whoa, who's that? He's got that gravelly voice and it seems like there's a lot of that now in country, the gravelly kind of and I like it. But anyway, uh, I was like who it was one of those.
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, I gotta I gotta go see this guy, like it's gonna blow up. This was a long time ago. I don't remember what year, probably fifteen years ago at least, Wow Wow, And and he was playing at Lazona Rosa.
Speaker 1: Wow Up double wow.
Speaker 4: Pretty small, few hundred people maybe right, And my wife was marathon training m H. And she had just done like their big like the one of their biggest long runs before you tape her off at the end. We get to the show. It's standing room only, you know, you know that place was, And he's one minute into the first song and my wife is like, I can't stand up. I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm like what.
Speaker 4: And it was one of those rare instances where I bought the tickets like months in advance, was excited about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You being in radio forever, I was kind of over the big acts in the venues. I love discovering something new. I was so excited. We left after the first song.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, she did.
Speaker 4: She did something something similar to me for Alanis Morrisset. When I first heard about Alantis Morrisset, she was playing the Green Room in Dallas, a little Deep Elm club, and it was midsummer and the AC was out, so they were delaying the show. I mean, you know those warehouses and Deep Elm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of cool off a little bit.
Speaker 4: I can't breathe in there. It's not an open space, and so they delayed and delayed. They couldn't get the show, couldn't get it cool down. So she starts the show and I was like, I'm gonna go get his drinks. I'll be right back. And I come back and she's not where she was. My wife is not where she was, and it's just these people come over and tap me on the shoulder and they're like, are you Are you with Aaron? I don't think we were married yet, and I'm like yeah, and she goes. She passed out. She's sitting over there. The heat got to her. It wasn't from it wasn't from drinking or anything. She just got really dehydrated and passed out. So we left for.
Speaker 1: Some of this wife of years is a real buzz kill. She's real fun.
Speaker 3: Two very good reasons in both instance.
Speaker 4: I know and like, you know me what I love music, especially like when it's brand new and it's like I could have seen a full Alanis Morris set, like right when the first single dropped. Yeah, like we didn't know then. I mean we had a pretty good idea she was going to be big. We didn't know it was gonna be thirty million plus records.
Speaker 1: Jagged Little Pill huge. But let me ask you this, JB. When you guys watched Yellowstone together, do you ever remind her remember we went and saw him.
Speaker 4: Because, as we've talked about, she loves when I talked during TV shows.
Speaker 1: I love all Right, So, the the tickets go on sale Friday for the Rodeo Rodeo Austin dot com March fourteenth to the nineteenth. That's the concerts. Of course, the rodeo and stuff goes on a lot longer than that. And if you plan on going and doing the rides and the games and stuff, start saving your money now because you're not getting out of there for less than one hundred and fifty not not happening. Coming up next there, you know, the President Trump started passing out pardons. I don't want to get all into that, but there is a really interesting Austin connection to somebody that got a full pardon from President Trump. All right, we'll tell you about it coming up on Austin's eight station one oh three point Hey, thanks for listening to the podcast. We'll see you on the radio every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighty station what O three point one. Streaming on the iHeartRadio app. You can also ask your smart speaker to play us. Just say Alexa, play what O three point one, Austin's eighty station on iHeartRadio