Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, The Great American. This Laius Friday afternoon in the tri State, warm and beautiful, the country concerts, the night with Jason Albeen with my big Green tractor. Reds Baseball kicks off about six ten to night with the Brew Crew. This might be the last gasp. I think the patient has a heartbeat, but out a big one. Get the paddles ready. If they can sweep the Brew Crew, then come back home. Who knows what happens, But they're still in last place. But that's a different issue, Joony, you and I now is on balances that Leland vetterert seeing every Monday through Friday on News Nation, et cetera. And Leland Viverdert. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Leland. First of all, the polling seems to indicate as we speak that the race is tied between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump. The last five or six weeks beginning June the twenty seventh, have been absolutely unbelievable, and right now she's running a shadow campaign in which she reads from the teleprompter, does about a thirty eight second interview with some reporter off to the side of the plane with the engines running, then gets back on the plane. So here's the big question. I may ask you the big question early on Leland, are you ready for the big question?
Speaker 2: Always?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Can she for the next I don't know, eighty five eighty eight days do this and nothing else? Like Joe Biden did in twenty twenty, stay in the basement. She has the great debate I guess on ABC on I think September tenth, and whoever wins that debate, that'll be the end of the debates. Whoever wins, that's it. I've already done it. So can she do what she's done successfully for the next eighty five to ninety days? Yay or nay?
Speaker 3: Well, you know they say in this financial markets that past performance is not indicative of future results. I would argue in politics that if if it's working, why do anything different? And it is working for her in so far. The media at all has been compliant in not beating the drum of your in the basement, And you rightly pointed out this is a figure de basement rather than the literal basement that Joe Biden was in. But you rightly point out that it worked for Joe Biden in twenty twenty, and it is currently working for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Well, the excuse that Joe Biden had in twenty twenty, well, fear COVID and I got to wear my mask and I can't go in public. He had like drive in movie theater deals. It kind of worked in twenty twenty. And I'm just suspicious of the idea that even the so called mainstream media, of which you might be a part of in a sense, News Nation is doing great about the only cable channel increasing in ratings, that somehow you and the mainstream media will allow her even after September the tenth, for like two months or thereafter, with voting taking place, will allow her not to confront the obvious differences between things she's said in the past and things she's not saying today. And my answer would be yes, that the media, the mainstream media, is so committed to her victory and so committed to the absolute defeat of Donald Trump that they will permit this as they would permit with no other am I correct.
Speaker 3: Hard to argue with your logic. The hatred of Donald Trump by a large partition portion, I think you can call it the legacy media or the advocacy media, at least some the left is certainly palpable.
Speaker 2: And you bring up a great point, which is about the policy issues of Donald Trump versus Kamala Harrison, specifically the big issues with.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris and policies. Okay, does she still believe okay, in ending of filibuster for the Green New Deal? We are led to believe. We are led to believe that she does not, but she won't come out and say it. Does she still believe in Medicare for all, single payer healthcare, taking away private insurance? Again, we don't know where is she on fracking right, Well, she wanted to end fracking. Does she still want to enfracking? She's not saying on the stumps saying that, but she's not saying anything different. So those are the real issues. But when you're getting the crowd side she's getting and there's enthusiasm for her and therefore there are people tuning in to watch her and be absorbed by freedom and joy, then there's not much incentive by the media so far to call that out on the issues.
Speaker 1: The two big issues in the country according to polling, I think you and I would agree, are inflation and illegal immigration not legal immigration. We admit legally one million people every year, more people legally admitted to all the countries in the world put together legally, but we also admit anywhere between five and ten million illegally. And inflation, and she and her stump speech, she says we have to stop the rise of inflation. On immigration, she says basically that we're a nation of immigrants. We have to understand where each of us came from without giving us any policy prescriptions. Can she walk a fine line on inflation when the governmental policies of Biden Harris have caused the inflation. When Trump left office, the inflation rate was one point four percent. About a year and a half later it was nine percent. Now hovers between three and a half to four and a half percent. Can she walk the fine line and do happy talk on inflation when the Inflation and Reduction Act misnamed which caused inflation increase. And on immigration, she's whether you used the word czar or not. She was in charge of the southern border, and so the adoring crowds that show up, which I understand. The other day there was a disaster in one of her rallies in which the adherents who came to listen to her to not get home for hours and hours and hours. There was a breakdown of transportation, that they were dehydrated, etc. But it's amazing to me that on the issues of inflation and immigration, Trump is like a twenty five to thirty five percent lead over Kamala Harris, and still the polls seemingly at this point have them tied. Is that good or bad for the Trumpster? Good or bad for Harris?
Speaker 3: Well, when you've got the momentum which Harris has, it's always good for you. You always want to have the big mo that's number one. Number two. You rightly point out that Kamala Harris has managed to do something in three weeks that Joe Biden couldn't do in three years, which is divorce herself from the Biden Harris legacy, right, and all of the things that people didn't like about Joe Biden and all the policies people didn't like, she somehow has completely disassociated herself with And you listen to her thumb speech and there's an ad that she just came out with We're going to highlight this on the show and you can read about it in our newsletter. Wardotes dot Com to subscribe for free. Her new ad talks about being in the the middle class and on day one she is going to work for the middle class and she's going to work to lower the costs of how the lower the cost of housing?
Speaker 2: Well, what are you going to this?
Speaker 3: I think would be the fair question. What are you going to do differently to lower the cost of housing? And Joe Biden has been doing to lower the cost of housing for the past three years that have caused the house of cost of housing to go up? What are you going to do differently?
Speaker 1: Her solution is rent rent controls? What about she says, rent? Don't rent controls cause housing rents to go up, because in California the prescription is rent controls. In other words, you can't increase the apartments more than five percent or three percent a year or less. And if the prescription for housing difficulties are rent controls, isn't it clear? By Milton Friedman long passed away, but one of my economic heroes that rent controls used by socialists will eventually cause fewer apartments to be built, fewer houses to be built. There's not much of a profit in it. And secondly, rent controls calls rents to go up? Does she understand that?
Speaker 3: Oh? Come on, Bill, you know the problem with socialism it's just never been tried in its perfect model. Well, come on, come on, come on? Was to be fair? I don't say either she doesn't know or doesn't believe it. Okay, because Tim Walls, who is the first and only executive decisions she has made, says that one man's socialism is just another man's word for neighborly this Yeah, okay, you know, Kamala Harris has shown and said where she stands on a lot of these issues. And the fact that Donald Trump is ahead on the issues. When you pull the issues immigration, inflation, crime, the fact that Trump is ahead by double digits on those but yet is pulling neck and neck, one might say, okay, that is that is that we should require some soul searching by Donald Trump. Not because there is something that the polls are that the American pop public likes him on the issues and doesn't like him enough to vote for him. That might, under normal circumstances, require a reset. To use a friendly term these days, turn phrase. In a campaign, he tried that yesterday, I guess to dismal effects.
Speaker 1: Right, and in fact, on the economy, on jobs, on inflation, on immigration, Trump isn't beating her by a couple percentage points. It's like two to one, not even close. So maybe a person, but he's way up on It's way up on those issues with her double digits trouble digits. And I'm thinking, Okay, maybe he'll look at himself and say, maybe it's my peccadillo, is my personality.
Speaker 3: You've known him for a long You've known him for a long time. Have you ever known Donald Trump to look at himself and go.
Speaker 1: You know, no, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 3: I mean seventy eight, I'll give you the two thousand and eight line. There's always hope.
Speaker 1: This, you know, there's hope and change maybe, but it hasn't happened yet. Now let's talk for a moment about Governor Tim Walls versus JD. Vance, And I think this military thing is, you know, things. Charles Cronhammer wrote a book. I had him on a couple of times. His greatest compilation of essays was Things that Matter And whether or not Governor Tim Waltz actually deserted or whether he quit or whether he took retirement from the Minnesota National Guard before deployment is interesting if some twenty some years ago. But I don't think my producer Tony Benner gets up with the kitchen table every morning and say, honey, you know I was going to vote for Kamala Harrison. I don't know about Tim Wallas what he did in twenty oh four. I mean, I don't know if I can do that. Aren't those in the categories of things that don't matter? Just like JD Vance allegedly saying, I guess the cat ladies, single liberal females, white and titled women that become angry at men as they get older, aren't these things that don't matter?
Speaker 3: Ultimately, I think I think the cat ladies thing matters a lot more than than the Walls thing. You're you're right that that voters aren't gonna suddenly say, well, you know, so it's that that Jim Wall's was less than probably fully candidate in a couple of stump speeches about his military record, and therefore they're not going to vote for him. So no, I think I think you're I think you're absolutely right. JD Vance still has a problem with voters, and you know this is you and I talked about this last week. The problem that jd Vance has is he allowed somebody else to define him. And when you allow other other people people to define you, first, bad things happen. It's just the way life is. And I think that that's where we're at, which is Jade Vance has been defined by the media and that doesn't that doesn't work out well.
Speaker 1: Now and I've known him, I've known Jade Vance not as long as I've known Donald Trump. But Jadie Vance is a great guy. I mean his wife, usha the three kids, and how he lived his life where he came from from Middletown, Ohio and living in the dirt to Jackson, Kentucky. I mean, he's the American dream. And then it's amazing that some interview with Tucker Carlson four years ago has stuck to him because the media keeps bringing it up. They don't stop until they have the desired effect. And I don't know. And you know how the cable news game is played that you want to have guests on who can turn a phrase and run the meters. And I'm sure in twenty twenty, if he would have gone back in time, he wouldn't have used the term cat ladies to describe what is happening. I think the since if his remarks were accurate, the labeling was somewhat inaccurate, and it is able to be like voodoo economics was to Bush forty one in Reagan that somehow it sticks or it's like the rabbit that chased down Jimmy Carter in the pond, and so whatever it is the media, it kind of sticks to you and I'm not sure you can get out. But at the end of the day, I said before Leland Veddert of News Nation that what's going to decide this race hasn't happened yet, and I just have to I have a fear that what's happening in Vienna, Austria, because of all the terrorists that are let into our country by the policies of this administration, something bad's going to happen and everything's going to change.
Speaker 3: Well, things change, right, We've learned that from a debate and an attempted assassination and the switch of candidates. Things change in politics, and so that's why we have to, you know, we have to say if the election were held today, this is how it is, but if you elect for hell tomorrow, these things could be different, and in fact they will be.
Speaker 1: You know, I've gone back and forth saying Trump can't lose to Trump can't win. Now I'm kind of in the middle. But you brought up a great point. That is, if you're way up in the polling, everyone knows Trump's better for jobs. Trump's better for the grain New Deal stuff, He's better for the gas and oil, and he's better on that energy. He's better on the economy by a wide margin. He's better on inflation by a wide margin. He's better on immigration. So in the four or five issues that really matter to Americans, he is way up on Kamala Harris. There is something going on that keeps more and more Americans from saying I'm gonna go with that guy. I think he appeals to your to your head, and I think Kamala Harris and Tim Wallas appeals to your heart. And one is emotional and one is cerebral. And as long as he maintains that leading the jobs in the economy, I think it's going to win unless something happens that changes the race completely. Leland Venter, thanks for coming on, and I appreciate it. We'll see what happens. And all I can say is this is one hell of a ride and it's going to continue until November fifth. But at this point I'm glad you share your thoughts with us. And thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Leland b to be with you. Bill, God bless you. Let's continue with more line becomes available five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand. After two o'clock today, get ready for this. We're going to have a flash poll if the election were held today, who would you vote for and why? All on news radio seven hundred WULW