Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We let your taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots all right. This hour brought you by a rock the bank. It is the final day for our thousand dollars cash giveaways. Don't give up if you've been playing, you get thirteen more chances still to come today. First chance. Right around nine five, we give you a keyword. You enter at WJARR dot com. As soon as you got our website, this little box pops up. You put it in there and maybe you'll.
Speaker 3: Join the list of JR listeners that have already won, because.
Speaker 2: You could use one thousand dollars just in time for the weekend. Right Uh yeah, there you go. Nathan's famous, the iconic New York hotdog brand.
Speaker 3: Which I believe in last week's meet report, not this week, I don't know. But last week's was Bogo.
Speaker 2: That's little side fact.
Speaker 3: Yes, what about Nathan.
Speaker 2: They would like you to truly really get the New York experience with the traditional Nathan's hot dog. Therefore, they have felt the need to package and make available New York City tap water Cannedan's New York City tap water, which you can then use to boil your Nathan's into serve them the traditional way that they are served off carts, and you know, New York Metropolitan.
Speaker 3: Area, except a lot cleaner if you're doing it at your own home instead of that cart. Do you ever look at those carts and just kind of stop and think, this guy right here, you know, the one smoking the sig, is in charge of keeping this cart.
Speaker 2: Up to grade. You know, technically they're supposed to be licensed with food licenses and what not. And so are those people who have blankets out on the sidewalk selling god knows what.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But but you just have to take a leap of faith with stuff like that. When you're in the city, you know.
Speaker 3: It's great, it's so tasty that you just don't think about it. But after that individual is because I know some guys who owned some hot dog carts, and from our years working downtown we made acquaintance with a few of them.
Speaker 2: Could almost claim we're ten percent hot.
Speaker 3: Talk, but we are totally We may as well get a cart right now. Lynchataka's hot Dog Joint Listen and BAF Pizza no, so with that hot dog cart.
Speaker 2: Coming soon after they quote air quotes around the words soon after they leave.
Speaker 3: The you know, the sidewalking downtown or wherever they are up in New York. Where do they store that thing so that I don't know, roaches and rats and everything don't get to it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So think about it, dude, if you were if you had at your house, where would you put it in your garage? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We gets in there. Roaches keep my car in my garage. Ain't going to roaches in that.
Speaker 3: I get that. Because your car is sealed, that little hot dog thing has to have some remnants.
Speaker 2: Hey, on the subject of New York City tap water, I'm all in I and firmly believe that that's a key ingredient in the dough for New York City pizza. No, there's no doubt about it. That's I firmly believe that that contributes to the uniqueness of New York City ITZA. But I never thought about the hot dog water angle here, which is clearly what Nathan's is seizing on and getting the attention they desired with this. Everybody knows the dough is from the water. The bubbly water they have up there, and then as well as the bagels, the New York bagels. Well sure, and it's really kind of.
Speaker 3: You feel good when you drink it out of the tap there.
Speaker 2: And that's the great irony is I have truly consume New York City tap water and it's pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: It's really good considering the film that is New York City.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was there, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Ye a little over a year ago is there And that's one of the things that you highlight. You go, ah, the drink in the water, it's so good. What they should do instead of sending the water that's a good news story. But why not just give somebody a trip there to experience it? Like win a trip to the well Nathan's hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a contest to win the water, so which you are available to scrap that eligible.
Speaker 3: In Florida to win to scrap that of winning the water, win a trip up there to try it straight out of the tap.
Speaker 2: All that said, and as much as I love hot dogs, my go to way to prepare them is not boiling them. I will tell you that, I uh grill would be my preferred way if I have the time and you know, energy to do it. I have one occasion. Microwave hot dogs. Not optimal, but it gets.
Speaker 3: By when you're in a pinch, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pan though, just pan Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice and fried unhealthy. Yeah, exactly, there's a way to do it. Somebody said, it's been proven the pizza of New York with the pretzels in Philadelphia and the bread in Philadelphia is much different with their tap water.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, the other bonus, and I'll just make this as a general statement about Points North with tap water a good portion of the year, it's ice cold when it comes out. Oh you know here, you know during the summer you turn.
Speaker 3: On you our pipings upstairs.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well if you especially if you've had your house where you piped and those things are running through your atticy gone. You don't even need hot water because it's all hots.
Speaker 3: You burn your lips off your face. Think about the transplants move from New York have that amazing water that has that bubbled as I said to it, and then they move here and they're dealing with all the fluorides and whatever that all these counties are getting rid of, you know, chlorine taste, Bob.
Speaker 2: Everything's better in New York. I know. Come on, you have to understand that.
Speaker 3: The music they had, you know, beca.
Speaker 2: It all comes out before it gets released elsewhere. And my cousin has it, has it? He lives in New York. It should be my favorite thing to hear at Peaches. Oh god, your cousin doesn't have well, I talked to him. Yeah. Get ready for a whole lot of Stanley going on here. The hardware company Stanley, Slash Black and Decker. They they it's one company is suing the maker of Stanley drink cups rightfully, saying that that their brand was hurt when Stanley sent out a line of defective cups. Remember the big to do over the defective Stanley cups are the lids. They're saying it hurt them. Now, if that's true, why didn't say Stanley Steamer or the Stanley cup itself from the hockey jump in on this lawsuit? They should have been equally as hurt, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean then you could rewind and say everybody named Nathan should sue the hot dog company for using their name to prosper to anything could be. You could see it for anything.
Speaker 2: Stanley Roper could jump in on this if he wanted to.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's still alive. Was Stanley in Free's company? Was the show?
Speaker 2: But was he gay?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Because he had a wife. I think missus Roper was the one who was all horned out all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, probably because her husband was gay.
Speaker 2: Stanley thought Jack was gay, right, Yeah, and then they had the Ropers. Remember they had their own show for a while. Did they really.
Speaker 3: Anybody that's younger and didn't know what we're talking about?
Speaker 2: It was company so far ahead of its time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, two what was it? Chrissy and whatever? Two hot women living with one guy. And yeah, somebody said, yeah, you definitely need to get a hot dog vending license, Bob that we need to pat We need to start a hot dog.
Speaker 2: We'll get on right after the Yeah, pizzas successfully launched at multiple locations.
Speaker 3: And then somebody else in the water in Jersey too. Yeah, everybody's proud of their water, we get it. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I'm just flat out jealous of the cold almost year round.
Speaker 3: Somebody else could fry the dogs and bacon grease. Oh yeah, that's real. That's going the extra health.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, as long as we're up in the Northeast area, how about we go over to Baltimore where an Amazon driver ran over a pedestrian this week in Baltimore as she was in the crosswalk, then dragged her for a ways, then stopped and got out. I went over to her, and then probably got back in his Amazon delivery van and left. I have the video of this whole incident, by the way, on our Lynched Taco blog a wjr dot com and our Facebook page as well.
Speaker 3: So I'm guessing he's a former Amazon work he is.
Speaker 2: Now a former Amazon worker. I'm assuming felt the pressure of having to unload that van on time and deliver everything. I couldn't believe there'd be another explanation for leaving. Wow, twenty six year old Jerome.
Speaker 3: Young Jerome, not only did you get a pedestrian, you got one in the crosswalk and then you dragged her.
Speaker 2: Now in the name of being fair, here she was crossing against traffic. She didn't have the safety walk sign going yet. But as much as the Amazon drivers waiting for that light to turn green, you gotta look left, right, and left again before you punch it. Bud, I mean, come on man dragged her down the street and then pulled her out and left. Well, yeah, there is that, I suppose.
Speaker 3: Follow up nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 1: Thanks for keeping rock alive in Central Florida.
Speaker 3: This is one on one one WJRR