Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's go Throwback Thursday edition.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: He.
Speaker 2: Run Well, it's not just any Thursday. It's throwback Thursday. Around here, it's Textagram Thursday, and you all know it's today. We play Reading my Lips, so we're keeping Reading my Lips going with you. We have Chelsea coming down to play. I don't know who Chelsea is. That's who Chile picked to come down and take on Alex. Eight twenty one of our great Listeners family members comes down into play Read my Lips.
Speaker 4: Third week in a row. But let's back up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Why is the carpet went Todd back in the driver's seat of the Fresh out of Bed Head to a Head Challenge.
Speaker 4: He's done this a lot. He's a sixth time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: But nobody seems to be stringing together too many wins so far this year.
Speaker 4: Can you beat them? We'll be playing at six twenty this morning.
Speaker 2: Monster Jam tickets. We've got a four pack with pit passes for the Saturday Feb one show. We'll give you those on the fun Fact Flashback Buzz Best tickets at seven to twenty shine down tickets for the winner of Read My Lips nine inch Nails tickets on No the show. Oh yeah, ninety Nails is coming to town. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get all the way up to fifty six today, but I.
Speaker 2: Guess the weather is still like the top story around here with most schools.
Speaker 4: Back in session. But Alex has Houston's headlines. Yeah, good morning, ride morning, home room.
Speaker 5: It does look like we could still see some light freezing this morning in the Houston area. Temperatures into twenties and thirty could still lead to some potential black ice issues on the roadways. To be careful out there if you're driving into work. Temperatures hit the forties yesterday, which did melt a lot of the snow that we saw on Tuesday, but it wasn't enough to melt all the snow on bridges and overpasses or in places that kind of got a lot of shade. Temperatures are expected to rise to fifties over the weekend, and we should see all that kind of going away.
Speaker 2: Then thirty two outside right now still freezible, Yes, still freezible.
Speaker 4: As the wildfire's rage on in California.
Speaker 5: The US fire has now caused another nineteen thousand people to be placed under an evacuation order. Just like every time it feels like they're starting to contain one of these, something else happens. And there was the fire yesterday started at ten o'clock yesterday morning, and in two hours you're already covered a thirty four hundred acre area. As of last night, it had spread over to ninety acre or ninety thousand acres, ninety one hundred acres.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, what's your go to pizza order?
Speaker 5: Everybody kind of has one. Mine's just regular pepperoni. But does anybody ever really change what they order when they're ordering pizza.
Speaker 2: If it was just me, it would be cheese, pepperoni, and green olives. That would be my center. That would be on every pizza that I eat moving forward. I don't need to get all fancy. I don't mind an occasional different style pizza. But cheese and pepperoni is most people right.
Speaker 5: A new study did find that the average American hasn't changed their pizza order in at least two years. Fourteen percent of people in the steady claim to have been eating the same pizza for a five years or more. Fifty seven percent of those people in the study said that they are open to trying new pizza combinations but don't know where to start.
Speaker 4: The most common pepperoni.
Speaker 5: Most common pizza order is pepperoni, followed by meat lovers and then supreme Pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, throw some of the meatza on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't go wrong with that.
Speaker 5: The clab that you've all been waiting for is finally happening. Oreos is releasing a limited edition post Malone sleeve of cookies.
Speaker 2: Have you been waiting for that collab?
Speaker 4: Who hasn't?
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know about you, but that's all I've been waiting for. It'll feature the first ever twisted cream center. The cream is salted caramel and shortbread, and it'll be standards between the normal chocolate cookie on one side and the golden cookie on the other. Each cookie is gonna have one of the nine one of nine designs that are nods to post these music like a sunflower, a butterfly, a pickup truck, and a night The cookies are gonna hit grocery store shelves on February third. Lincoln Park is releasing a special version of their latest album. Tomorrow, It'll be an a cappella version of From Zero that'll feature the band's new lead singer, Emily Armstrong, whose vocals will be unaccompanied, along with Mike Shinoda's From Zero has already sold over ninety seven thousand albums, and it's been streaming more than thirty two million times since its released back in November.
Speaker 4: Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 2: We're getting world premiere Shindown music tomorrow. Hell yeah, yeah, We're gonna play a brand new Shinedown song on this show at eight twenty tomorrow morning. I can't wait for that. Okay, what you got?
Speaker 5: The Rockets gotta win last night They got by the Caves one O nine to one O eight. It was a pretty crazy finish. Alper and Shangun hit some free throws with less than five seconds left.
Speaker 4: Then Cleveland's Darius.
Speaker 5: Garland got fouled on a three pointer with two seconds remaining in the game. He missed two of his three free throws to give the Rockets to win. Fred van Vliet had twenty six points the night to lead the Rockets and scoring. They're now twenty nine and fourteen on the season. And in second place in the Western Conference. That is what's going on in spoils.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go Who's up, Who's ready to rock? Who wants the first phone call? Seven one three two one two five nine four five again seven one three, two one two five ninety four five The most interactive show all the radio starts right now, okay, ninety four to five The Bus Green Day Holiday, Ron Ryan Show, Lock and load for another throwback Thursday edition six The Grand Thursday, And some of you have already gotten after me and you're sending me some words for Read my Lips. We're gonna play Read my Lips at eight twenty today. It's exciting because you know we got company. Let's pick up the place a little bit. Okay, let's tidy up Hicks call. Chelsea is going to be joining us. Chelsea's taking on Alex today in Reading my Lips. She applied online. She was the chosen one and she could be leaving here with Shineedown tickets if she beats Alex this morning. So that's exciting. That's really something to look forward to. Why is the carpet wet Todd? This guy's great. He's a six time Hall of famer. He's driving the bus right now in the freshot of head head to head. He's going for win number two. Okay, Monster Jam tickets coming your way, and around six thirty five, six forty that will be the fun fact flashback Buzzfest tickets at seven twenty nine inch Nails tickets Chilly backloaded those on the last thing we're gonna do here. Nine inch Nails announced yesterday. God, I'm so excited about that show. September twelve, Toyota Center. No support was announced. They might not have anybody open for them.
Speaker 4: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a trending thing right now. Tickets will go on sale next Wednesday. I guess this Wednesday because today's Thursday. But yeah, not till next week. So hopefully we'll have win him before they go on sale for the remainder of this week and next week.
Speaker 4: Mostly sunny sky today.
Speaker 2: I don't have any warnings or Alex didn't type up any asterisks for me as far as like you know, advisories.
Speaker 4: That's good news.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain mostly Sonny hies up around fifty six today.
Speaker 6: It's that time for the Barn's phone call today.
Speaker 2: And I'll say this.
Speaker 4: I had I had clear roads this morning.
Speaker 2: It looked like most of the snow and everything on the roads, I didn't see any of that. Everybody's talking about black ice right now. Hey Andrea, good morning, Andrea. Andrea does whatever a spider can spins web.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Andrea. Are you there, Andrea?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it's a good thing we're flushing off this phone. If there's a phone issue right now, Sean, can you hear me? Sean cannot hear me?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: On a second phone? A this is what we got to do in the studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really why we test this out. What about Daniel, Daniel.
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Daniel? Daniel does whatever Daniel does.
Speaker 4: This is fun. Okay.
Speaker 2: None of these phones are working, Chilli. There's a problem. We're not on Facebook Live this morning. Would this be linked to that?
Speaker 4: We are now? We are on Facebook Live now?
Speaker 2: We are?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, so we should Good morning, Chili, Good morning. I have no idea the phones were working on thisay, and so let me work on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me try this side. Daniel, No, Mike's trying to call in. Hi, Mike, No, no, none.
Speaker 4: Of the phones are working.
Speaker 2: All right, we need to flush that out because we got fresh out of bed.
Speaker 4: Head to head.
Speaker 2: We may need to I don't know, just torch the place that seems I've always been for that, you know that, torch this whole MF studio.
Speaker 4: Build a new one.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, go into battle, but we're gonna tie both arms behind your back. Let me take a break, let me come back on a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get I don't know, we'll get set up to do something. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll just play songs on the radio all morning.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning shown the buzz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, I think the phones are working. That's what's trending. Hey, good morning, brod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone.
Speaker 3: There's a Jeff jump.
Speaker 2: The phones work. Yes, Yes, I'm glad that phones work. Thank you, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you. All right, Chili came in here and restarted the computer.
Speaker 2: Every started it this morning. I promise I did ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny hies up around fifty six today. Hi Alex, Hello, phones are working.
Speaker 4: I know I was stressing you out.
Speaker 2: Oh it was because we got a game to play coming out?
Speaker 4: Absolutely all right. What's trending over there, sir? Instagram?
Speaker 2: Thursday?
Speaker 4: Ever heard of it?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 4: That's my favorite day of the week.
Speaker 5: Sent in to us by listener Daniel. It's Vicky Aisha. I haven't gotten a chance to go check her out, but it looks like people are talking about her. Also trending this morning, the twenty twenty five Oscars. It looks like nominations are gonna come out tonight at seven thirty, and people are talking about who they think should be nominated. I do not know who they're talking about, but that's what people are saying. They're saying, Schala May, Chalame. That's who I think.
Speaker 4: Should win all of the works.
Speaker 2: That's all I know.
Speaker 5: Chalo May and then Aaron Glenn is also trending. The now former Lions defensive coordinator took the job as the Jets head coach yesterday. Those are are trending topics on ninety four five the bus Okay, why is the carpet with Todd?
Speaker 1: Morning?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 8: Six time Hall of Famer? Why is the carpetwet time. Now your fresh out of bed had to head one day champion for twenty twenty five. Somebody's got to string together a couple of victories here and it may as well do me join me on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Whin I make it win number two.
Speaker 2: It is seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five. Can you beat that guy Hall of Famer six times? If you can beat him, you must be pretty good. Here's incubist, pardon me? Ninety four to five the buzz really shell the man. That's all we had. That's all we had.
Speaker 4: Hanb Winner.
Speaker 2: Like four seconds, it's coming up. I'm like, dude, we don't have a droploaded in ninety four five to buzz. Good morning, incubist, pardon me Rod Ryan's show. We're dealing with some stuff here. Okay, uh, it's throwback Thursday. I need you to get online and do a little voting for the songs that we have available. Fastball the way great little story tells the story, or it's a great little story that is secretly packaged up as a song.
Speaker 4: Velvet Revolver Fall to Pieces.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one. Bowling for Soup nineteen eighty five. I know you guys like that goofball song. I'm worried that Velvet Revolver's not going to win out, dammit. Ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny, Hi fifty six. I also need you to send me word suggestions. Need you to email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com word suggestions for what read my lips We're gonna play At eight twenty this morning, listener Chelsea is coming down to play Alex a little game right here and now, each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to New York Corners. Why is the concert all with Toime? Oh, for the love of God, let these phones work. Good morning, Todd, shut it ey, okay, we got phones. Thank you, Todd. What are you working on here? You're going for win number two? Yes, sir, okay dude, good luck to you. Let's welcome back to the show. Chris Varga, everybody, Chris, good morning, Good morning. Chilli says it's been ten years since you played this silly game.
Speaker 8: Probably closer twelve.
Speaker 4: I was in the hall eleven and twelve.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: Did you join the military or something?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: God, no.
Speaker 2: Life changes.
Speaker 9: I got you know work changes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know it didn't change this show. Okay, we've just been here waiting for you to come back. I noticed that.
Speaker 10: Thank you for waiting.
Speaker 2: All right, Chris, good that I have you back.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Twelve years, guy hasn't played silly questions. You're shouting out your name. You know you think I've ever I think I got buzzers after having the show on for twenty one years. I think we had some some of the way to chime in. No, you're still yelling out your name when you think you know the answer to correct answers. We'll get you, boy. We got good prizes right now. You guys are lucking out. Jillie put the AJR Rodeo tickets in there. So a pair of rodeo tickets. Why is the carpet wet? Todd for game two? Chris Varga hasn't been around here for twelve years. He could go to the rodeo with two correct answers. All right, Chris? You know this guy, right, the guy you're playing calls every day for the last twelve years.
Speaker 4: You know that, right, all the day?
Speaker 2: Yes, so six times this guy's been in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Chris, you got to be fast, Okay, come on.
Speaker 2: I know I have to make sure I'm not arrested here colse see, all.
Speaker 4: Right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Question number one, shout out your name when you think you know the answer? What type of vehicle do competitors use? Todd?
Speaker 4: Bicycle?
Speaker 2: If the rest of that question and was Tour de France, you would be right. The rest of the question is Tour de France, You are right, you are right?
Speaker 4: Wow, whipping out on the table, and it is. I guess it's not quite as cold, so he whipped it out.
Speaker 2: What type of vehicle do competitors use in the Tour de France bicycles? Well, well, well, Todd, there's nothing you could have done about that, Chris Varga other than said your name before him and said bicycles. True. Next question, name either one of the two countries that border the United States? Todd, Oh, let's go with Mexico. Really Mexico? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why why don't you say Canada is so bad?
Speaker 2: I would have accepted Canada as an answer. Chris Varga, twelve years very rusty.
Speaker 4: No, I know, I don't know that. I just think Todd's that good.
Speaker 2: I think against somebody else that might have been a better game for you to get back into the swing of things. Chris, don't wait twelve years. I won't be here to call back. I'll be back when when five years, thirty days? Yeah, all right, thirty days. All right.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have a circle it on the calendar.
Speaker 2: Chris Varga after twelve years, is going to be back on in thirty days?
Speaker 4: All right, I'm ask okay, I'm excited about you.
Speaker 2: Coming back, all right. Todd good Win, dude, rodeo tickets for your second win?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We got good prizes all this week.
Speaker 2: All right, dude? You want to play tomorrow? Yes?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: It's good News The rod Ryan Show ninety four, five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's Lincoln Park and the Emptiness Machine. Alex was talking about Lincoln Park in the first Houston's Houston Headlines. And they're putting out something tomorrow, an.
Speaker 4: Acappella version of the album featuring this. It's from zero. It's just just the vocals only of Emily and Mike.
Speaker 2: Okay. I thought they're doing like a barbershop quartet thing like re recording well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I would imagine the acapella.
Speaker 5: I don't know, it could be just like a rerecording of it, but just an a cappella style without the music backing track.
Speaker 2: I would imagine you could just get the vocals. I'm trying to think of a band that's done this before, you know.
Speaker 5: And I've seen stuff like released on YouTube and stuff and now yeah, full album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen dry vocals pulled out of recordings, but it was always like you said, for a.
Speaker 5: YouTube like song edits where you had to grab it off of YouTube to use those. But I've never just seen like, here's every song from that album, right, and that's what they look like they're doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll have to wait to see.
Speaker 4: I want to check it out though.
Speaker 2: That's going to be uh coming out tomorrow, mostly sunny today, ten percent chance of rain high fifty six. We should be I mean, that's any little bit of piles, any little bitty piles of snow that are those are gonna be gone today. They could be surviving right now because it's about thirty two out there, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning, everybody. This is sixth time Hall of Famer. Why is the cover wet.
Speaker 4: Time that coming?
Speaker 10: Maybe because of all this on snow I am your fish. I'd had the head two day champion. Join me on free Beer Friday when I make it win number three.
Speaker 8: You have it.
Speaker 4: I got a little acapella for you right here here.
Speaker 2: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 4: It's the funk that to the day. That's right out of the show the movie Pitch Perfect. It's good. Hell you liked it? Laugh at us? Wait a minute, where are you?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 2: Are you there? Dinah is good? Yes, there you go. You can hear Dinah's part. Yeah, she's loudest in there. Yeah for sure. I got some new fun facts for you today. And then I got a flashback that's going to turn into a Monster Champ four pack for one of you.
Speaker 4: The oldest known living land animal is Jonathan.
Speaker 2: Jonathan is a giant tortoise lives in Saint Helena, British Island, in the South Atlantic Ocean. Jonathan is recognized as being one hundred and ninety two years old. At least. That puts him hatching at around eighteen thirty two.
Speaker 4: How do they know this?
Speaker 2: Okay, Like, my body is creaking getting out of bed right now at fifty five. This tortoise is one hundred and ninety two years old. I mean, how much it does little flappers hurt in the morning. Let's keep it with the animals. It is illegal to own a pet hamster in Hawaii. That is fo You know how they always talk about all those snakes in Florida those used to be pets.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The climate is so good for hamsters that if a few ever escaped, they could start wild colonies that could devastate Hawaii's native crops.
Speaker 4: Can't have a hamster, hey wild?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wild hamsters. Hamsters never even thought of one. These wheels all over the place. Finally, not Noice, Not a single NBA player has ever had the jersey number sixty nine. Oh that's me, idiots, that nice HiT's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of your bodies. It's the funk that to the day you took it.
Speaker 4: With the animals. What's that happen with the animals?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Exactly one, two, three animals.
Speaker 2: Well almost, I've got monster Jam tickets for you. It's a four pack with pit passes. Bring the fam down to say hello, walk the track Saturday February first. It's your fun fact that where on this planet do women have to get one of eighteen different hairstyles approved by the government.
Speaker 4: Dudes only get ten choices for hairstyles.
Speaker 2: One of them better be bald. I can't control my hairstyle right now. Can you imagine like breaking the law every day walking around being bald? It's like, dude, that's not approved. I'm like what God did to me? Uh seven one, three, two, two nine four five for those Monster Jam tickets.
Speaker 5: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: This guy's unapproved too. Hi, how brother Rod? Good morning? I did not approve that dome.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm in trouble.
Speaker 4: I'd be doing Wall Street yesterday. It was another good down Wall Street.
Speaker 9: The Dow is up one hundred and thirty points kick off this morning at forty four thousand and fifty six. NASTACK up two hundred and fifty two to twenty thousand and nine. Benchmark ten year treasuries at a four point six four percent in oil stance at seventy five dollars sixty four cents a burrow to the must act as the Big Studs, Navidia, Microsoft and Travelers, The Big Duds Home Depot, Jane Jay and Chevron on the economic calendar this morning. It's all clear right now, futures, Hey, they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 4: That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 9: This is Halm managed to director with Ram Jane Porter for the Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on Sam, Philip and the Gustin.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to always or rock out. We'll just stalk out.
Speaker 6: Famin's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associate of zancome Ever NYC as IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational purposes on the The Studs Duds are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 3: By young fans.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Dude, least the more that acapella on me? Man, Yeah, I like it, sure, But.
Speaker 4: My god, the harmony.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Who's on the phone here, Norah? Nora, Welcome to the fun Fact Flashback? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good?
Speaker 2: Where are women only allowed to have eighteen different hairstyles that have been government approved?
Speaker 4: Men have ten to choose from?
Speaker 6: Is in North Korea?
Speaker 2: How silly is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How silly is that? How is that still going on.
Speaker 4: In the world?
Speaker 2: Make it out of yours? That's not even like the top shenanigans that are going on over in North Korea. But I thought it was interesting. Congratulations, We're gonna get you some Monster Jam tickets. You got a four pack with the pit passes. Saturday, February first, Nora, you and your gang okay, come by and say hello to us.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you so much, Thank you, Nora, appreciate you being a.
Speaker 2: Part of Home Room. Love you homeroom mean it when I say it. Here's some forty one fat lip ninety four five The Buzz. Here we go ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show on this throwback Thursday song clips. We can do that. We can do that if you guys keep sending me great word suggestions for reading my lips. I'll do song clips after seven o'clock this morning, and we'll talk about the songs that you guys are voting on.
Speaker 4: The winning song will be played at nine thirty. There's some good ones in.
Speaker 2: There right now. Mostly sunny skies today. I think that's really good news. Ten percent chance of rain high at fifty six. I mean, we should be getting rid of any little bit of snow that's still available out there. It should be basically gone this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Speaking of I got Alex here with Houston's headlines. Well, good morning ride, good morning home room.
Speaker 5: It does look like we could still see some light freezing this morning in the Houston area. Temperatures in the twenties and thirties could still lead to some potential black ice issues on the roadways, So as you're heading back out to work, make sure you're safe out there.
Speaker 4: I mean, it looks pretty good to drive.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of patches, like the shady patches, they still have some ice and stuff on them.
Speaker 4: And then like the temperature in the forties.
Speaker 5: Yesterday did allow a lot of this stuff to melt, but like bridges overpasses, they didn't melt as fast.
Speaker 2: Christina Cruz I just heard her. She said, there's a ton of people on the road, so there's accidents.
Speaker 5: Be safe out there, Go a little bit slower, be a little bit more patient than you normally are. If you're still at the house, try and leave yourself a little bit extra time to get to work.
Speaker 4: Did you guys forget how to drive?
Speaker 2: You had Monday off for Martin Luther King Junior Day, then you had two snow days. Did everybody just forget how to drive? Maybe you're back on the roads on Thursday and you're acting a fool.
Speaker 5: Well, I think people are driving slower because they're worried about the ice potentially, And then there's people that are trying to drive normally, so they get frustrated to people that are driving slower, but they're trying to be safe out there. Exercise caution today, all right, let's not get in any accidents. Temperatures are expected to rise into the fifties over the week, and speaking of whether the once in a lifetime is what they're calling it, polar vortex that hit the Gulf Coast this week lived up to its billion brought snow and ice all across the southern region.
Speaker 4: We saw a part of that.
Speaker 5: There were seven deaths reported in Texas too, in Alabama, and at least one in Georgia. Over one hundred cars were left stranded on roadways in the Atlanta area, and airports all throughout the region were closed. Florida saw the most snow in the state's recorded history, with nine point eight inches in some areas, and there was a recorded eleven million people that were put under cold weather alerts over the last few days.
Speaker 2: I follow a ton of New Orleans accounts and just man, Louisiana really had a ton of snow record. I mean, now they say once in a lifetime, We've all learned, you know from insurance happened next year, they'll be another one, five hundred year floods and all these things. I don't see this as being once in a lifetime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean what Florida having the most recorded snow it's had in its history was crazy. I saw the Welcome to Florida sign covered with snow. That was a weird site. It felt like that was like apocalyptic comas.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the guy's skiing in Galveston was a weird site. I like the guy on the beach.
Speaker 5: The hockey player on Canal Street in New Orleans is pretty cool too, because it's saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But a plastic surgeon is coming with a list of who he claims are the most beautiful models in the world. It's not his opinion either, it's backed by science. Official surgeon doctor Julian desk Silva used what is called the Greek Golden ratio to come up with the top ten. Top of the list Kate Moss, who is ninety four point one four percent according to this this ratio. The idea behind the Golden ratio is that the closer the ratios of the face A to the number one point six eight. That's some nerd stuff, the more attractive the person is. So Kate Moss was number one. Cindy Crawford was second, followed by Jisel bunch In. Then down the list six was Kendall Jenner. Emily Raddokowski came in at nine, and Naomi Campbell was number ten. Out of all of them, those are all supermodels. Well, yeah, so, I mean, since they're all supermodels, it's no surprise that like their scores are pretty close to one hundred percent. Like Naomi Campbell was tenth not list, She's eighty nine point two seven percent, pretty close to that. I would probably be like point five if you were looking at me on the beauty scale. But these these are supermodels, are the hottest women in the world. And that's like the scientific logic behind this study.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have like this face that they have all mapped out, and then they lay it on top top of all these other faces to see if it help your eyes.
Speaker 5: You're further apart and you're not going to score as well. But you can go check this out. I'm looking at girls today. It's got its own blog. Oh I thought we'd want to go check it out and look at all these ladies. Give them some loves, all right.
Speaker 2: That's on the world famous Rob Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: When Harry Met Sally, stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan have reunited for something that they're calling Iconic. To celebrate the thirty sixth anniversary of the movie, both of them posted a photo of them sitting together on a couch wearing clothes.
Speaker 4: It looked similar to what they were in the movie, but that was just clothes in New York.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a thirty six year old movie. What does that movie mean to you? Do you know anything about it?
Speaker 4: It's a New Year's Eve movie? Okay, what else do you know about it? You can watch it in New Year's Eve.
Speaker 5: And then she all have what she's having and she does the moaning thing, okay with the Alman brothers playing in it, well the ramblin man.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I don't even know that part. It's just I wondered if you knew the moaning scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like an iconic movie scene, maybe like a top ten movie scene of all time.
Speaker 2: Trying to convince Billy Crystal character they can fake it, that women can fake it, and he's like, you know, he's he doesn't think that women can. He doesn't think that anybody's ever faked it on him. And then she proves it right in the middle of a diner. And then that's Rob Reiner's mom, who apparently improvised that line, I'll have what she's having.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I always felt like that was like a weird, like other world of Seinfeld where it was like kind of they had to back and forth that Seinfeld has There was just more of a plot to it, but.
Speaker 2: It was it was such a pretty good movie. This my wife loves it. This has to be something for a super Bowl. That's exactly what I was thinking. It's got to be a super Bowl commercially, very vague and it's coming soon. Like, well, what else is coming to the super Bowl? Which is gonna not resonate with how many? How many of the TikTok generation is going to know? Harriet met Sally is Yeah, and then I'll have what she's having. They're gonna be pushing the Dorrito's or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have no idea what would be. There's not like a special box set that they're gonna put out or anything like that. It's got to figure it out.
Speaker 4: It's got to be a commercial.
Speaker 5: We announced it on the show yesterday. But Nine is Nails is coming to h Town there peel it back to her. Twenty twenty five kicks off an Iron in June. They're gonna make their way to Houston on September twelfth to play the Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: It's been almost three years since they last toured.
Speaker 5: Tickets go un sale January twenty ninth, But if you want to win them a little early, there's a little morning show called The Rod Ryan Show that'll be giving away those tickets if you know. The show at nine fifty, so tune in. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much. Got me sports? I sure do, buddy, Yeah, I mean the Rockets beat one of the best teams in the league, the best team in the NBA. Yeah, they got a win, getting by the Caves one O nine to one O eight. It was a pretty crazy finish to the game. I was watching it last night.
Speaker 5: Cleveland's Darius Garland got fouled on a three pointer with two seconds left would have put him over US one ten to one O eight, and he missed.
Speaker 4: Two of those those three free throws to give the Rockets to win.
Speaker 5: Fred Van Vliet had twenty six points of the night to leave the team and scoring. Rockets are now twenty nine and fourteen on the season and second place in the Western Conference.
Speaker 4: That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do song clips after seven I and then we'll get to some buzzfest tickets. Continue sending me your word suggestions for read my lips. We got Chelsea coming in about a half an hour. She should be joining us. Chelsea is playing Alex today. Listener Chelsea versus last year's champion and read my lips. That should be interesting.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzzy, four and five The buzz Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you. If you're just joining us, Wakey, wakey, you can take your hands off your snaky.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be so cold today. I mean it's about thirty two out there.
Speaker 2: I've got here in the beautiful crime free Galleria area, mostly sunny today, ten percent chance of rain, highs of around fifty six. Okay, we got a lot of things to get you caught up on.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on right now.
Speaker 2: Bush, of course, was part of the Shineedown announcement. Right Bush is going to be on that bill August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center. Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at ten a m. Bush down on the same bill, You kidding meet. These are two of our favorites around here.
Speaker 4: One band.
Speaker 2: Bush helped us out with the ten year anniversary show. Shinedown helped us out with the twentieth anniversary show and to make like great news even better. We've got a world premiere happening tomorrow. Shindown is releasing new music and they're releasing two tracks.
Speaker 4: We're gonna focus in on one of them tomorrow. That's Wizard's thing. He is he get to pick the one.
Speaker 2: I think he did.
Speaker 4: He like, Okay, which one do you think is better?
Speaker 2: So it'll be on him. So there's a one. Yeah, there's a little bit of pressure. So Shindown is slated to release two songs. We're gonna go with one. We're going to back it tomorrow with the world premiere. We're gonna have it for you, I think at a twenty tomorrow. So for your Friday's always a really really busy day, but all of our days have been very busy this week. So that's going on. That's what's going on with Shinedown. Nineer his Nails have not hinted at all about new music. I don't know what listen. I didn't even know ninety Nails was going to go out on tour. As a matter of fact, a couple of weeks ago, I was talking about nineties nails in terms of, hey, maybe we lost this guy. Maybe he's just going to do movie soundtracks now and not do nineties nails anymore. Well, nope, he's doing nine inch nails. He's coming to town September twelfth, Toyota Center. Now, those tickets aren't going on sale until Wednesday, but I know Alex is talking about that today.
Speaker 4: In Houston's headlines, some.
Speaker 2: People are reporting that the roads are exceptionally busy this morning. So for the last couple of days, some of you probably you know, we're busy doing other things, making snowman and everything else. We were telling people to stay off the roads. Everyone's back on the roads today. There are a few school districts that are not opening today, but HISD the biggest one, and all the surrounding areas they're open today, So you've got that happening.
Speaker 4: I don't know if people forgot how to drive in the last three days.
Speaker 5: There's always just frustrated with people that are exercising extra caution.
Speaker 2: The big question. And I'll tell you I know that it's a big topic because people are emailing in their word suggestions for Throwback Thursday, twenty five people minimum have sent me black ice for a word.
Speaker 4: Black ice is being talked about so much.
Speaker 2: That I think most people now have heard that black ice looks like the pavement is wet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it turns out that it's ice. I think you're right.
Speaker 2: People are overreacting if they see a little wetness on the road side. They're thinking that could be what everyone's talking about with this black ice. And it's kind of making people drive a little bit more cautious.
Speaker 4: But what's wrong with being a little extra safe?
Speaker 2: You know, well, if you're not doing it properly, and then you know, you got that guy behind you who's just sawing away at your back bumper, true, and then you start you start being extra cautious.
Speaker 4: I think that's where you're seeing some of the problems.
Speaker 2: I mentioned Christina Cruz, who's who's holding down beautifully, who's doing a great job on our rec checks. She said that it's just crazy out there right now. So just be safe out there on the roads. Everyone has to be back out on the roads today. So you said it, I'll just repeat what Alex says. Hey, maybe leave five minutes early. No one will, right, No one will.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: Maybe leave five minutes early. Chilli, you got somebody lined up today to come down and play Read my Lips. Who's Chelsea? Chelsea can't wait to meet her. Yeah, she should be on her way right now, hopefully.
Speaker 4: Okay, hope hopefully she's driving in safely. Yes, hopefully she is, and then we'll get to know over her.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe we'll find out more about her. Shortly after eight o'clock we're slated to play Read my Lips. I do need a little bit more variation in the words that you guys are suggesting. It's all snow. Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, we don't see it often. I get it. That's what's at the top of everybody's mind.
Speaker 2: Once in a lifetime. Everyone's excited about what's been happening with the snow around here. I just can't ask everything snow, snow, snow when it comes to Read my Lips, So.
Speaker 4: Start mixing it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: I do you know, Well, I don't want to say too much, but I might have some snow related things that people have sent in that are fine. But send me your word suggestions. Rod at the Buzz dot com. Just email me. Don't email anybody else. Okay, but Alex will take on Chelsea. And I don't want a bunch of wiener stuff for Chelsea either. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Come on, what happens happens, man, you submit the words. It's not anybody's choice.
Speaker 3: What we get.
Speaker 4: I know, but let me gets excited. It makes us look worse. But like I get how I get it.
Speaker 2: A girl's coming in. I don't want it to be all weienery and snow. Like right now, it's wieners and snow. That's what's being sent to me. Guys, mix it up a little bit, al right, people say that sounds like a nice day? Email me Rod at the buzz dot Com. All right, coming up, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna take a break. We're gonna find out what'srending. We'll get a rec check from Christina, and then we'll give you Buzzfest tickets and then we'll do song clips and we'll talk about what you guys are voting on for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show back everybody Throwback Thursday. We are gonna do song clicks clips if you just give me about five minutes. We'll get into that. Most sunny skies today ten percent chance of rain. Hi you fifty six at seven twenty one. What's trending over there? Sorry, I've had no help to you at all this morning. Else, Oh you're good, I'm god trending. I'm trying to get these works my job right now. Well, I'm just sorting through all the winter Wiener suggestions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, my lips.
Speaker 5: Well, the California wildfires are trending. There was another fire that started yesterday. It was like thirty two hundred acres immediately, they get to ninety two hundred acres by the end of the day, and they're just trying to do their best to contain it. It's almost like every time they get one contained, something else happens, it starts another one.
Speaker 4: So our thoughts with those in California. The Australian open is is trending.
Speaker 5: I think we had an America I don't know if she won, but she was playing earlier this morning, and I know people are talking about that as it's ongoing over there in Sydney.
Speaker 2: And then Amy.
Speaker 4: Schumer is trending.
Speaker 5: She talked about having Cushing syndrome I think she was on a podcast.
Speaker 4: Or some show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, call me daddy, Oh, call her daddy, Okay, daddy's She was on there and they obviously get into some salacious topics and.
Speaker 5: Then she's apparently never never properly been pleased by a man before.
Speaker 2: Well basically what she got into. She talked about hooking up with a major league baseball player. She wouldn't give his name. He took care of her, and then she kind of rolled over and said I'm tired and he left.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Amy Schumer also training.
Speaker 2: She's on the Looking at Girl's blog page.
Speaker 4: All right, let's that's what's training on ninety provide the buzz wild stuff.
Speaker 2: These gales really get into it on those podcasts. Let me tell you, all right, let me give away some Buzzfest tickets. I'll get you calling in Buzzfest. Hey, Chili, are we still still not happening? People are saying we were on Facebook Live. Not on Facebook Live. Any of the camera stuff get settled. It hasn't been fixed.
Speaker 7: But I kind of found a way to go on the back end and we are streaming live.
Speaker 2: But where on Facebook? On Facebook?
Speaker 3: We are on?
Speaker 7: I haven't checked YouTube, y it but only your camera and everybody every I mean another camera is working, but Alex's in mine or not.
Speaker 2: So nobody wants to see my ape head. Everybody wants to see what Chelsea looks like when she gets here. Let's tell engineering they got it. They got less than an hour. Yeah, we had to get those cameras.
Speaker 4: Got to be back up.
Speaker 2: Pretching to the choir, bro, I need you to wrestling style, take your chair and throw it down the hall. If I did that, for guarantee you I get fired today. Yeah, don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 4: I just need a wrestling move right now for something.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna go over there and grab them on the cross faced chicken.
Speaker 4: Wing the Uh it was a Bob Backlan move.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, the phone's working.
Speaker 2: The phones are working fine. Thanks guys, thanks for giving us all the tools we need. I'll say, call her ten for Buzzfest tickets right now. Seven one, three, two and two, five nine five rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Show on ninety five of us with.
Speaker 3: Them on My night.
Speaker 4: No, Mommy, that's the weirdest part of this.
Speaker 2: I know you always find that part of the song very weird. Good morning ninety four or five. The bus that is disturbed and down with the sickness. I hope you're on to a great start to you today. We are rocking this morning. That's good man, mostly sunny, ten percent chance of rain. We're gonna get all the way up to fifty six. It's about thirty two degrees outside right now, seven twenty eight. We're gonna do song clips, get you all educated about the songs that you can vote on this morning. But first let's give away some great tickets. Good morning, good morning, good morning. Please say hello to me.
Speaker 4: Hi, good morning. What's your name?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Robert? Hi, Robert? How are you? I'm going great?
Speaker 3: Ron?
Speaker 2: How are you awesome? I think I'm doing better than most because I'm not on the roads right now. I've heard it's crazy out there. What's what are you up to this morning?
Speaker 4: Robert?
Speaker 2: Getting ready to get on the road and I gotta go to work.
Speaker 4: What's your drive from where to wear?
Speaker 2: I've got to go to night.
Speaker 4: Sixteen?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Where do you live? Free? Okay? A bit of a drive, a little bit.
Speaker 10: I'm kind of letting sunk come out a little bit, all right.
Speaker 2: I heard it's nuts out there.
Speaker 4: Be careful, dude. You call her number ten. What's up?
Speaker 2: Alright, let's go. I'll put you in a good mood. We're gonna give you some buzz Fast tickets this morning, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 4: We'd like you to rock with us on that oh on that Saturday night.
Speaker 2: What if? That's Labor Day weekend? Right a Worilday weekend, Warlday weekend. That's right, everyone else ticketmaster dot Com to get your Buzzfest tickets. But uh my man, Robert is in. Dude, let's go, all right, let's go, is right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Thanks for being on the show today.
Speaker 2: Dude, appreciate Youamelli. You have a good day. I appreciate you. You have an awesome day. And again, just be safe out there on the roads. Let's talk throw back Thursday. Well, you remember this song I do. This song has to be late nineties. It's gotta be ninety eight. They were not a one hit wonder. They were like a two hit one. There was another song, and this band's out of Austin, Texas. This is Fastball and the song it's cool. It tells a story. It seems like it should have been used in a I'm sure it wasn't. A movie probably, but it seems like it would be perfect for a Quentin Tarantino movie because it sounds like a Quentin Tarantino story almost in the song. He could write a movie based on this is fastball. It's called the Way. So you've got Austin, Texas taking on Wichita Falls, Texas. Oh yeah, yeah, two Texas band's going at it today.
Speaker 4: Bawling for Soup just lost their guitar player. He just retired. Oh I didn't see that. I think I announced it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Bowling for Soup nineteen eighty five. Mab he just hit the wall.
Speaker 5: It's never had it all one pro Zaca day, husband's a CPS.
Speaker 4: This also tells a story. It does tell a story.
Speaker 2: Four Do people vote for a song because the video is really good?
Speaker 4: The video is great? Video rocks on this.
Speaker 2: This is a radio show and we're only going to be playing the song itself. I get it that there's a great video and Chilli has this for you. He puts all the videos up on the page where you do the voting. But do you still vote for it because it's such a great video.
Speaker 4: A song on its own is a jam?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So you got two Texas bands who dare enter the ring.
Speaker 2: Oh man, well let's throw a supergroup in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, throw Velvet Revolver in there.
Speaker 2: Right when I got here in two thousand and four, it may have been my first concert. Velvet Revolver played what's now revenge and I don't even know what it's called now, to be honest with you, right there by by.
Speaker 4: Your music center. Music center, Yeah, it's something.
Speaker 2: Maybe Velvet Revolver came into town. They were a new band super group. They later came back and played a buzzfest for us. This song had not been released yet. I don't think the album was out yet. I heard this song live and I said, oh my gosh, listen to slash. I'm like, that's gonna be a huge hit. And it turned out to be a huge hit. I called it.
Speaker 4: Is this the best song from that album?
Speaker 2: God, it's a good album.
Speaker 4: This Slither is I think the best song was. The first release was this first single, Cup Machines.
Speaker 2: It's a slash.
Speaker 4: Do the slash thing and he's like, I got you, Yeah, slashes up there.
Speaker 2: He's got the guitar like you know, angled up and he's doing the bladder de do's and I said, God, this is gonna be a huge song.
Speaker 4: Velvet Revolver fall to Pieces.
Speaker 2: They made a video you could buy, like a DVD of There's only one Velvet Revolver live live DVD that you could buy back in the.
Speaker 4: Day, and it happened to be the one that they filmed.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: Nice Velvet Revolvers in first place with fifty eight percent of the vote, Bowling for Soup thirty percent of the vote, Fastball out of Austin, Texas the way ten percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest, I don't care who wins this one.
Speaker 2: This is this is Oh you like them? Awesome Throwback Thursday. Listen a while and though come on, okay, go cast your votes. Hit us up on lenks and guests. Winning song played at nine thirty.
Speaker 4: Today There a Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: It's a bus ninety four or five. The buzz three eleven and down and down is what I got knocked out my first twenty five pushups of the day. Today is still trying to maintain that one hundred push ups a day. I hope you're sticking with your New Year's resolutions January twenty three. Stay with it. If you're working on the any kind of a resolution, stay with it, stay strong. Mostly sunny today highs of around fifty six. You're voting on Throwback Thursday on the world famous rod Ryan shopage at the buzz dot Com shout out to Alex.
Speaker 4: I saw a real funny picture.
Speaker 2: Of you with long hair, and I guess you were commemorating your very first podcast. You uploaded an on links and guests right now Past the Gravy episode six hundred. Yeah, it's eleven years of podcasting.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 5: I didn't even realize it until yesterday when Bobby Jokes, our producer, was like, when was the first one released? And I looked it up and the actual release date was January twenty second, twenty fourteen. So it happened be that we were recording episode six hundred eleven years to the date. But like, we didn't plan that at all, but it was just it was a funny coincidence. So you happisode six hundred done. That's unbelievable and you hadn't missed many No. I mean for certain things I would pre record stuff, I would have interviews and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But every week for eleven years, you've put out Past the gravy except for like five or six weeks.
Speaker 5: We still put out episodes those weeks, so it's like I would do double work the week beforehand. I memberd here long enough to where I know that, like, you can't really miss anything without putting something out.
Speaker 2: How many people you think listen to that first podcast? Like ten, not counting your mom and dad, as I say ten, and you've include people I told to listen to that because I remember, like when we come a long way, bro, remember having twenty downloads the first time, and I was like, what is this this one? We're famous now? All right? Well episode six hundred. Obviously you guys probably talk about that. I was like, what a momentous occasion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we kind of talked about Pat when he came on the podcast, my co host and then who was your first guy?
Speaker 4: It is one of my best friend from high school, okay and uh, and he lived in Austin.
Speaker 5: We were doing it over skype, and then he had he was running a bar, so he kind of had to go do his other stuff.
Speaker 4: I really just wanted air checks, like I could. You couldn't get a job in radio.
Speaker 5: I wasn't on the air, so I had to put out air checks and then then it worked out, but sid six hundreds up?
Speaker 3: We uh.
Speaker 5: We talked about healthy cigarettes, power ranked cold weather animals, talked about the snow, and then try and find out why people got away with uh, like got away from matchbooks.
Speaker 4: Matchbooks are a cool thing to give away. Why doesn't anybody give away matchbooks?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 4: I know people smoke less.
Speaker 2: There's cool. I really do think it's the smoking lass.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey, you came to our restaurant. Do you also like starting fires? Who doesn't?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't think kids in.
Speaker 4: Art class make ashtrays anymore. I did they should.
Speaker 2: I come from a generation that we all once we got a little clay in our hands, we all made our parents an ashtrays, and it was like cool stamp of approval from the art teacher, like yeah, okay, you feel like your family.
Speaker 4: Is in it, right. You'd feel like, and this is mom, this is dad, this is our I think my dad did one of.
Speaker 2: Those in the ashtray. Yeah, so you're like putting ashes on your family, Like I guess it's like putting cigarettes on your kid.
Speaker 5: They didn't, they didn't put ashes in it. My grandparents didn't. But I remember seeing this.
Speaker 2: I got a little hockey thing for you, and I don't want to completely bore everybody, but of course it is Washington Capitol's goalie, Logan Thompson. A lot of goal last night, and he was claiming that it was the Nacho's fault, not your fault. Literally a fan threw a Nacho platter on the ice, and he said he was distracted and he let a goal in. I've got the call, uh from the game. This is no, no, no, this is this really happened. That was todd from this morning. Here's this one.
Speaker 4: Here's the here's the goal last night, right back in.
Speaker 2: The game and three two they're strapped on the ice. The Caps were upset about it.
Speaker 5: Something came over the glass and he says it distracted the Breda's this shot is taken.
Speaker 2: But that's what it is.
Speaker 9: Nacho is a kid over the glass, always dangerous from fanters throwing stuff onto the ice.
Speaker 2: Said don't like seeing that. Yeah, those snachos were already there. So the goal goes in and the goalie is I sent this over to Chili. Out is Chili doing the sports blog page. Okay, so I sent this over to him as soon as the goal goes in, the goalie like is pointing at something on the ice and he's pointing at nachos. And he said, there's nachos on the ice. Well, the whistle hadn't I get it. Somebody threw something and it's a distraction and you shouldn't throw anything. But he was trying to say I was.
Speaker 4: Distracted by those nachos.
Speaker 5: That goal shouldn't count, which is I get that logic, but it's like, you literally get paid the stop pucks, so stop pucks and don't worry about the nachos, and like, show me in the rule book where it says nachos can't be on the ice.
Speaker 2: Does the guy this sounds like a past the gravy question. Does the guy throwing the nachos get an assist?
Speaker 4: He should?
Speaker 5: I think he should, and he probably won't be allowed back in that arena, but he's to reasonably get the assist.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: The reason I need activenesses don't throw stuff on the ice. I know we don't really have a lot of ice here.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show ninety four or five, The buzz mana skin and begging rod Ryan's show Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 4: Thanks for all the voting that's going on right now.
Speaker 2: You vote for the three songs. Alex says he's fine with any of the songs that win today, so you have his blessing to I know that that's something that people worry about.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: So you know the Grady Gangers, they're always looking for your approval on something, and you said that have had all three of them go off. Okay, all right, your King of spoken mostly Sonny ten percent chance of rain hies of around fifty six read my lips next hour. Guys continue to send me great word suggestions. Chelsea is going to be joining us in studio. Listener Chelsea taking on Alex. They're rating twenty twenty four champion of reading my lips. Your word words are needed for use during the game. Chelsea's playing for Shine Down tickets before they go on sale. You're telling me that if Chelsea loses, she gets nothing, absolutely nothing, nothing. We're gonna get somebody on the phone again and they'll win the tickets of Chelsea loses.
Speaker 4: Wow, you like that element.
Speaker 2: You guys are tough man all right, man high at fifty six today, I'm ready for it to warm up a little bit. Alex Houston's headlines. Please well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: It looks like we could still see some light freezing this morning in the Houston area. Temperatures in the twenties and thirties could still lead to some potential black ice issues on the roadways. To just be safe there, exercise a little caution maybe if you can leave a little bit earlier. Temperatures hit the forties yesterday, which did melt a lot of the snow that we saw on Tuesday, but it wasn't enough to melt all the snow on bridges and overpasses and some roadways that were in shady areas. Temperatures are expected to rise to the fifties over the weekend as.
Speaker 4: The wildfires rage on in California.
Speaker 5: The Hughes Fire has now caused another nineteen thousand people to be placed under an evacuation order. The fire started yesterday morning, and in less than two hours it already covered thirty four hundred acres. As of last night, had spread to over ninety one hundred acres. Just our thoughts are with everybody out there that are affected by those What.
Speaker 4: Is your go to pizza order?
Speaker 5: Because everybody does like pizza, but does anybody ever change the way that they order their pizza?
Speaker 4: Do you ever change what kind of pizza you go to? I like to mix it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't order it out all that often, but yeah, I like different toppings from time to time. I mean, sometimes a margarita pizza is good.
Speaker 5: But some places, like if I go to the bar I watched soccer at I always get that they have a pizza called What's the Matter You? And it's basically just everything besides anchovies and pineapple that they throw in the pizza.
Speaker 2: Like that, mushrooms, onions, peppers, all the meats. You like it all.
Speaker 4: It's just like a pizza taco basically, yeah, all the toppings. But I like that getting that there.
Speaker 5: If I go anywhere else, if it's the first time at a place, I always go Pepperoni cause Pepperoni's can't you can't mass up with pepperoni.
Speaker 2: Pizza, cheese, and pepperoni is the goat.
Speaker 5: That's pretty solid. Yeah, but that is the most popular one. But a lot of people are saying that they don't ever change their order. Most people say that they haven't changed their order in at least two years, and fourteen percent of the people in this study claim to have been eating the same pizzas for over five years. Fifty seven percent of people are open to trying new pizza combinations, but just don't know where to start. Just add a new topic, that's all you gotta do. Like, hey, what if I put onions on it?
Speaker 4: With this? What about? What about sausage?
Speaker 2: Who said I don't know where to start to change up my pizza order?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 5: Ably the easiest thing to change up. Just okay, onions, pepperoni, sausage.
Speaker 2: Just go with that.
Speaker 4: What about sun dried tomatoes? I'm fine with it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm fine with it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't I don't love anchovies. I don't hate the idea of fineapple on pizza. But it's got to be the right time. Like, I'm pretty cool with just about any kind of pizza.
Speaker 2: It's hard to upset me with pizza exactly, it's really exactly.
Speaker 5: Most common pizza order was pepperoni, like I said, and then I was followed by meat lovers and then Supreme Pizza. All those You can't go wrong with either or any of those suggest it's right there. But change up your pizza order.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: Just try that out. Finally, guys, the clab that we have all been waiting for is here.
Speaker 5: Oreos is releasing limited edition post Malone cookies.
Speaker 4: It'll feature the first ever twisted cream center.
Speaker 5: The cream is salted caramel and short red flavored, and it'll be sandwiched in between the normal chocolate cookie on one side and the golden Oreo cookie on the other. Each cookie's gonna have one of nine designs on them that include nods to post these music like a sunflower, a butterfly, a pickup truck, and a night. The cookies are gonna hit grocery store shelves on February third. Lincoln Park is releasing a special version of their latest album tomorrow. It'll be an a cappella version of From Zero that'll feature the band's new lead singer, Emily Armstrong, whose vocals will be unaccompanied along with Mike Shinoda's. So I'm not sure if this is just the vocals of the recording from the track or from the tracks, or did they.
Speaker 4: Go back in and like let's just try and doo an a cappella. I don't know what they're gonna do. We have to wait, so it's very interested to check this out, though. I have a question for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, the iHeartRadio Music Award nominees are out. Uh huh, okay, you ready? All right, let's let me here. Tell me Rock Artist of the Year Green Day, Lincoln Park, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Shine Down. Who wins?
Speaker 5: Just watch After what Lincoln Park did making the comeback last year, I feel like it's hard to not give it to them. Not that any of the other ones aren't deserving. I just think I have to agree Lincoln Park was the biggest story getting back together or not back together but get.
Speaker 4: A new singer.
Speaker 2: So same thing. Rock Song of the Year Symptom of Symptom of being Human Shinedown, All My Life That's Falling in Reverse, Jelly Role, Dark Matter, Pearl Jam, Screaming Suicide, Metallica, The Emptiness Machine, Lincoln Park, Lincoln Park.
Speaker 4: I think it's Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest. It's the comeback of the year.
Speaker 5: They're gonna sweep. Yeah, they're gonna sweep. I think it's Lincoln Park that wins that one.
Speaker 2: They're gonna clean.
Speaker 4: It's up for Rock Song of the Year.
Speaker 2: It's also up for Alternative Song of the Year, taking on Green Day, Some forty one caves the Elephant and Hosier. Hosier might win that one. Oh they like that song too sweet, it's huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that might win. I know we haven't really embraced it in Somebody One. I likes to land Mines land Mines rocked so but Lincoln Park's gonna win.
Speaker 2: They could sweep every category they're in at the iHeart Radio Music Awards.
Speaker 5: And then everybody that's bitching about having any singer now waiting to say, yeah, oh, they're not good anymore, except that all these awards says they might believe.
Speaker 4: Nobody better be bitching anymore. That album is great. Those are Uston's headline.
Speaker 2: If you're complaining about that, you haven't listened to the album, because that's awesome.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: What do you got in sports?
Speaker 4: Rockets gotta win. Last night they got by the Calves one O nine to one o eight.
Speaker 5: Cleveland's Darius Garland was fouled on a three pointer with two seconds left in the game, but missed.
Speaker 4: Two of his three free throws to give the Rockets to win.
Speaker 5: Garland was about a ninety percent free throw shooter going into that, so it was it was awesome that he missed it. Fred van Vliet had twenty six points to the night to lead the team in scoring. Rockets are now twenty nine and fourteen on the season in second place in the Western Conference.
Speaker 4: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Could have we heard from Alex's opponent Chelsea yet?
Speaker 7: Yes, she texted me saying that she is stuck in the galleria of traffics.
Speaker 2: Okay, in the area. All your people just blo on to the side and let her get through. Cool, Please let Chelsea throw out. Everybody, let Chelsea throw for crying out loud, get out of her way. Yes, okay, Chelsea's going to be competing against Alex when she gets here. We're not playing ITTI late twenty Chelsea, be safe behind the wheel. Don't do anything silly. You got plenty of time to get here if you're in the gallery and you'll be hearing just amount of time to play this game.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The rock Last Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 4: Before five the buzz there they are, that is Lincoln Park. I was just talking about them. Are iHeart Radio Music Award.
Speaker 2: The nominees have all been announced, and Lincoln Park is in every category you could possibly have, understandably, Rock Artist of the Year, Rock Song of the Year with the Emptiness Machine, Alternative Song of the Year Emptiness Machine, Alternative Artist of the Year Lincoln Park taken on some forty one twenty one pilots, Green Day and Cage the Elephant. I mean, they're up against some heavy hitters. Can you be the Rock Artist of the Year and the Alternative Artist of the Year. Did they have that.
Speaker 4: Stellar a year?
Speaker 2: Could they beat out in the rock it seems like that's not fair.
Speaker 4: In the rock category?
Speaker 2: Could they beat out Green Day, Lincoln Park, Metallica, Pearl Jam, and Shindao.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was a hell of a year for Lincoln Park. So they're getting the accolades for.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I think they should be recognized in all those categories. Will they sweep them all? I don't know about that. How we do it on Throwback Thursday, I need you to get get out and vote from the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 4: It's our third biggest link.
Speaker 2: You guys are voting this morning. Number one link is fix the graand Thursday number two Tiffany Thiessen heavy a birthday. She's I think she's headlining the Looking Girls blog page. There's a lot of stuff on that Looking at Girls blog page. That's the number two, and then number three is voting. Velvet Revolver in the lead with forty four percent of the vote, Bowling for Soup thirty one percent. We said Wichita falls Kansas, Bowling for Soup to falls second place.
Speaker 4: What did I say?
Speaker 2: He stut falls Texas, Texas?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Wichita falls.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is there another Wichita fall somewhere? She's got tak Kansas. Oh, maybe that's it. There's probably waterfalls there.
Speaker 2: Maybe I was thinking about those cheating refs. I'm having night games about Kansas City Chiefs around my mind. Uh and Austin's Fastball with their song the way in last Place and like wait in the last place. Winning song's not played until nine to thirty time, so we have all kinds of time. So that's on LinkedIn. Guests, you go and you vote.
Speaker 4: Our girl. I don't see Chelsea here yet.
Speaker 2: I'm checking with Chili you'll blue choo, what's up else?
Speaker 7: Waiting for her to get here okay, still in traffic. I mean we want her to get here safe, of course, you know, you know what they say, good things come to those.
Speaker 2: Who wait, still waiting. I just don't want her to have to like run in here freaking out of our traffic, throw on headphones and take on last year's champ and read my lips. I want her to like decompress a little bit. Let's get her some coffee or something you know, well, you know, don't.
Speaker 7: The good thing is that we send her a copy of the song she would be listening to, so she's.
Speaker 2: More aware of that, so she would won't be freaked out when Mastadon is blaring in her ear drums. Yes, she should be good on that. Now, let's just hope she gets here safe. Can I ask you? Can I ask you a work related question?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, are at this time tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Well we see our first faces on the one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 7: If we don't, it's not because Black Web and I did not do our part.
Speaker 2: I'll just leave it at that. You change his name if you get somebody new in the web department, Dark Web, Dark dark Wave, that African American Web I'll call it black web, okay, my bad dark web. Okay. Yeah, So we should have the first beautiful faces up on the one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 4: Six for six, yes, six people tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm doing that right now, just saying it up right, sending them all the pictures and everything.
Speaker 2: So six faces go up on Friday. Then on Monday we put up ten. Monday through Friday. Next week, ten will go up every day. It's not too late. They don't. They don't go up in order that we received them. They just go up randomly. There's a randomizer to put all these faces up. What I'm talking about is you a selfie with your Love Street Blonde can be. The only wiggle room you have is bottle or can. I know the promotion's called you know because the bottles of beer on the wall a can. But it's got to be Love Street Blonde, so it's you.
Speaker 4: They only had bottles when they wrote the song.
Speaker 2: In the photo. Yeah, in the photo.
Speaker 4: I think that probably was a pre Can song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, you send it. You got to be twenty one years of age, you're older. You send in that photograph. You do exactly what the Chile has asked of you, and then you just hope that you make it up on the wall five hundred dollars if you have the proper numbers at the end of the first, second, and third quarter, and then if you have the proper numbers at the end of the game, just in case there's overtime, right end of the game, the three quarters and end of the game, and that's where we will be determining our winners. Now, there's an additional place for those of you that are savvy and know how to use a mouse and know how to use the know how to navigate a blog page. There is a spot on there for to win an additional five hundred dollars. Yeah, our friends of our car Bock gives twenty five hundred bucks to give way. This is all about the big game, not the game. There's listen, the big game. There are big games this weekend on Sunday. There's there's two football games left before the big game. And Daddy and Daddy is nervous. Daddy is very nervous about the games. Yeah, at least the keypers standard Bill's game. I can't sleep, I'm having nightmares, man about these referees. I'm not lying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they definitely are favoring the.
Speaker 2: Chiefs, but don't you think that they're really The whole world is looking at this now. It's just not pissed off Texans fans because there were some crazy things that happened during that game. I'm not saying that's the only reason why the Kansas City Chiefs won. But am I crazy? Well, yeah I know I am, But am I crazy to think that now the whole world this story has blown up. It's just not people that have played the Chiefs. It's the NFL. It's commentators, it's the talking heads on the different television shows. They're talking about something's happening here with the referees and the Chiefs. Don't you think that Roger Goodell is having a talk with them and saying, listen, let them play, don't throw any flags that aren't one hundred percent legit, because the world is watching right now because they think something's up.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not, I think they did. Roger Gundol does not care about that at all.
Speaker 5: Roger Goodell just wants a good matchup and if Patrick Mahomes is in the big game, that's all that matters to him, and we've seen all season long, not the answer, gotten calls, not the answer I wanted al worked out.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I'm hoping I'm jinxing that. I just think there's too many eyes on it.
Speaker 5: I am the biggest Bills fan ever, and then I will have to shift whoever wins your game as my my super Bowl team.
Speaker 2: All right, I think Chelsea might be here, so that's good juice. All Right, we're gonna meet Chelsea after the break. We're gonna get her set up. Let's get her calm down because coming off of traffic, you just got to calm down a little bit. All Right, she's going to be taking on you. And read my Lips. I got one last push. Send me some great word suggestions. Email me Rod at the Buzz dot com, rockand Alternative to The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six ninety four five bus, Good morning, and welcome back. As last minute preparations are being made for Read my Lips and Alex.
Speaker 4: Your your I guess your nemesis. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know how you act, but we have a guest joining us in.
Speaker 4: The studio, so please act right. Okay, I'll try it.
Speaker 2: I'll do my best, I promises. All right, Well we'll meet who you're playing against in just a moment, say twenty two ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny, high at fifty six today.
Speaker 4: What's trending? Well, the Oscars are still trending.
Speaker 5: The nominations for the Oscars come out tonight at about seven a or seven pm.
Speaker 2: Are you sure they're not?
Speaker 4: Usually Good Morning America does that in the morning.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's it would have been seven am. But I don't see what the Oscar nominations are. I think we're just talking about them. Okay, Oscars, people talk about it. Sixty gram Also still trending Vicky Asia, submitted to us by listener Daniel Go check her out today. And then JFK files was what I also saw trending? Is Trump releasing the jfk assassination records.
Speaker 2: He said on Joe Roe podcast that he was going to reveal that stuff. Okay, like you said, a lot of stuff. You know he's really going to or not. But that's what the people are talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the first thing that I just looked at on the train, he says, he says he will do that, So who knows who knows when that will happened. But JFK files they're back Dallas, did it. Let's not forget about that.
Speaker 2: Oscar nominations are out.
Speaker 4: They are out.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it says here Disney picks up fifteen Oscar nominations. Amelia Perez leads with thirteen nods. Wicked being talked about. Yeah, so they have announced Okay, yeah, it's usually a morning thing. They're tied in with whatever network that's carrying this year. I think, yeah, so I think the Conan is the host of him. I believe this he is going to host this year.
Speaker 4: I know something about the Oscar. Yeah, very little, not much, very very little.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, it's it's not to read my lips. Let's say hi to Chelsea. Chelsea, good morning, good morning. Who's your friend over here? Oh, my friend.
Speaker 4: That's my husband over there at Dakota.
Speaker 2: I had him helping me already, I know. So I feel like this could either go really really good for me or he'll be in the doghouse. So here's what is going on. I appreciate you getting down here. I know traffic, there's a lot of people on the roads today. Where'd you drive in from from Spring. Okay, well, congratulations, I'm being chosen to play. Apparently it's just a big honor to play. Yeah, these guys are sending your home with nothing. And I say, these guys, I'm talking about Alex and Chili the Twins. If you don't win, you just turn around and come. You'd leave the way you came in with the same stuff I do is win.
Speaker 4: It's not that hard. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: Win.
Speaker 2: All right. I've been collecting words all morning long. So what I do is I kind of write them down, things that I consider for the show, and then I try and then I start to like weed out the ones that I feel are the best. I had your husband, Dakota do this, and I said, and this one's gonna call cheating.
Speaker 4: But I didn't say a word.
Speaker 2: Dakota went through all of them, and I said, give me the seven best words. That's what he has done. There was probably about twenty words here. He got me the seven words. I don't know if he thinks that they're gonna be easy for you, but he thought these were gonna the best words. That's what we're gonna be using for the game. Okay, so he's involved now he is now your husband is involved. Team effort Chelsea versus Alex, and I guess the only thing left to do. I'm not saying you're not gonna win, but in the occurrence that you don't win, just in case, let's get somebody on the phone.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you don't win, they get the tickets to Buzzfest, right, is it Buzzfaest?
Speaker 2: No, it's shined down, damn it fest. It's shined down tickets before they go on sale. It's shined down Bush. August twenty seventh, Chili, Line me up with somebody. Chelsea's going to win. Don't get this person's hopes up, but at least get him on the phone in case there is some sort of a complete meltdown on Chelsea's part. You said you were practicing, Oh yeah, yeah, practicing big time. You know the song you're gonna be blaring in your ears. You're you're ready to go, I'm ready, Okay, can you keep that three and a half minutes? Yep, three and a half minutes. This one's gonna be a thriller. Chelsea takes on Alex, read my lips right now.
Speaker 4: It's for you.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz ninety four The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 4: I'm just throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Take a quick look over here. Let me just take a quick look. Take a quick look at chili.
Speaker 3: Right here.
Speaker 2: We had a tall drink of water.
Speaker 4: Hit Chili.
Speaker 2: Where are you at? I don't say Mike is over? You're on that?
Speaker 4: Michael miss the work?
Speaker 2: There we go, try it again, yo, there you are high? Can people watch video?
Speaker 4: I mean you seem like to be working with like soup cans in a string this morning?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just about is the video component of this show working at all? Alex and I just checked on Facebook and it's working.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: You might see a camera working and whatnot. But the Chelsea's camera's on. Rod's camera is on, and I don't know if.
Speaker 4: Alex is on, like's not on it. There we go, Mike's not on. I think the camera is on. Okay, we got cameras on.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're major market radio. This is what it's like. We're trying to get through this thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Chelsea, Good morning, Good morning, Chelsea, welcome aboard. Thank you appreciate you dealing with all that nasty traffic this morning.
Speaker 4: You're ready to go.
Speaker 2: It's time to read my lips.
Speaker 4: Your dude, Dakota, your husband.
Speaker 2: You brought him with you.
Speaker 4: He was my driver.
Speaker 2: He went through all the words that were suggested. He picked out what he feels are the best. Seven. He gave me seven just in case there is a bit of an overtime, Alex, how does this work?
Speaker 5: Who goes first? I asked Chelsea during the song who she wanted to go first. She said she would like me to go first. And since she came all the way down here, I will go first. Okay, I'm a gentleman. One last bit of business, Chelsea. You're gonna win today.
Speaker 2: I am gonna win. But if you don't win, Good morning, Good morning rod Ryan's Show, Good morning, Hi. Who's this? This is Jake. Jake. You're the guy that's calling in and telling me if Chelsea doesn't lose, you would like those tickets to Shine Down and Bush. August twenty seven, Toyota Center. Yes, sir, okay, you think your chances are good at winning these? Of course they are.
Speaker 3: Alex got this.
Speaker 2: Alex did win the whole damn thing in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: That was last year.
Speaker 2: Okay, Chelsea, take to say you would be shocking the world, but he can be done. Chili was beat last week, yep, right, but Alex is still undefeated. One game, one game, still undefeated, undefeated.
Speaker 4: He gives the first listener to down.
Speaker 2: All right, you're going first, Chili, you're time keeping, good luck, King, Thanks Chili.
Speaker 4: Jake Simpson, you just sit back, okay and relax.
Speaker 2: Start planning what to wear. Bro Jake's already like taking off of work. He's crafting the email and everything, ready to go for that shine down show. I am shuffling these words. She's going to be in the couch Worksloda.
Speaker 4: Picked him out. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Chelsea's nervous.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 2: She's nervous.
Speaker 4: Allright, well you don't.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do anything right now. You just got to watch the guy play. Watch what he does. Okay, watch what he does. Here we go, twenty seconds on the clock. Ready, Urban, let me check's working? Yes, how'd you get my belt?
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it?
Speaker 2: All right, thumbs up. Thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Urban sent this one in.
Speaker 2: Sloppy toppy, snap snap, sloppy toppy, sloppy top sloppy toppy, sloppy toppy, as picked by Dakota.
Speaker 4: Sloppy toppy. Urban sent that one in, sloppy toppy. Sure, I need to go to urban dictionary for that.
Speaker 2: Is that a something I don't know? Chelsea?
Speaker 4: You know what a sloppy toppy is?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: I think i'd like to know what.
Speaker 4: A sloppy topy is.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep him my shit on that. Okay, that's one for him right out of the gate, Chelsea.
Speaker 7: She's more nervous.
Speaker 2: Esse gets your mind right now. No, this is this is excited energy I have right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go. Nicole sent this one in. Oh, here we go. I don't know which Nicole thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Thumbs out. Fuzzy blanket, fuzzy blanket.
Speaker 5: Fuzzy blanket, Uh, Dakona, you're sure these are the best words for youse?
Speaker 2: Okay, fuzzy blanket, fuzzy like it. If you brought one, you're gonna be needing one pretty soon. Outside long drive.
Speaker 4: Home, Carl sent this in. I think this was inspired by chili.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, ham Titty comes in every week. You know that this to make an appearance. Tell me after you hear me say it if it was inspired by you. Okay, thumbs up, thumbs out. Third word here, shake sheets? What shake sheets?
Speaker 3: Shake?
Speaker 2: Shake? Shake sheets, shake cheese, shake sheets?
Speaker 5: I don't know, shake shake sheets, shake shake she's shen yangh.
Speaker 2: Is that one of your blue chee commercials? Yeah, we're getting ready to shake the sheets.
Speaker 4: See, I'm gonna stut our X guys. I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: I got these guys competing for Boner pills. We're doing their own product. Now, say okay, shake sheets leaves the door open.
Speaker 4: Chelsea two to tie, three to win, go.
Speaker 2: For the wind?
Speaker 4: What awesome?
Speaker 2: What she's going to win? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: What if I'm more worried about Dakota? Her husband picked the words. She's gonna win.
Speaker 4: Jake Simpson, you might as well just hang up?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Why are you still on the phone, Jake? Because I'm going to shindown.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's gonna wear a Canadian took Cito to the shine down show.
Speaker 2: All right, there comes Chelsea, There comes Chelsea. Here we go. She's focused, I mean looking at those sizes, she's focused, Okay, locked in?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or she gave me the evil eyes da coda.
Speaker 4: These are the words they've already been shuffled. Sierra sent this one in.
Speaker 2: She said, I hope Alex gets this.
Speaker 4: You didn't get it?
Speaker 2: Oops, all right, thumbs.
Speaker 4: Up, thumbs up.
Speaker 11: No, mommy, no Bobby, no mommyn poppy, no mommy, no bopping, no mommy, no mommy.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, yes, seven seconds to that.
Speaker 4: We were talking about that disturbed song today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, mommy.
Speaker 3: Boy, why do you hit me like that?
Speaker 2: Mommy?
Speaker 4: Why did they put that in this?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's a weird part of this song.
Speaker 2: No, mommy, she got it. Thumbs up. Okay. David h sent this one in twenty seconds on the clock, right after I say the word. Yes, this is to tie it up. Yeah, thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 12: Bumper grinder, purple cracker, bumper grinder, bumper crasher, bumper grinder, bumper grinder, bumper cracker, bumper grinder.
Speaker 2: Bump or something, bumper binder, bumper crashes.
Speaker 9: She was so close.
Speaker 3: She was gls.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: We were talking about this on the air.
Speaker 2: I think it was dealing with the traffic, people trapping, but so it grinding on your back bumper and the bumper grind. Oh, she was close.
Speaker 4: Needs this.
Speaker 2: Might be calling you an uber broke.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go. Rob sent this in twenty seconds.
Speaker 2: I'm ready R O B, R O B and the R O D.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up, thumbs up. Beach snow, beach snow, minced snow, beach snow, mitch snow, beach snow, pinch snow, beach snow, beach snow, beach snow, mitch snow, beach snow. Man man, Okay, you gotta tell me her eyes were cute. Yeah, she's looking at me, and I know she's desperately trying to figure out the word. You mouthed it back to me, and you look like you said beach snow. You look like you said it to me almost. It looks like the other word, bitch snow.
Speaker 4: It always looks like first word.
Speaker 2: And you're like, I can't say that.
Speaker 4: It's not as easy.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: So did Jake Simpson hang up?
Speaker 4: Did he did he?
Speaker 2: Alright? I guess Jake hung in there. Old old Jake said he thought he had a good chance. Jack, Oh, Chelsea, you.
Speaker 4: Were Oh my god, I swear you set it back to me.
Speaker 2: I want to beach snow. I think she said it to me. Hey, Jake, we're gonna give you those tickets to shine Down Hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what didn't mean I have to drive in.
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: It shine Down Bush August twenty seven. Toyota Center tickets will go on sale tomorrow at ten am. Eight twenty tomorrow, we'll have a world premiere of a brand new Shinedown song.
Speaker 4: Jake Simpson is your guy, Chelsea. You did great today. Thank you, you did awesome.
Speaker 2: I mean again, you made it a good game. Yeah, let's exit out out of all of that. Great job. Long ride home for Dakota, her husband. I had about fifteen words, maybe by twelve fifteen words ready to go.
Speaker 4: We need seven just in case we go into overtime. I let him, I go. You sort through all of these. You tell me what seven to use. He chose her faith.
Speaker 2: He is the reason you're gonna be buying shine Doown tickets tomorrow.
Speaker 4: He did good. He picked him good, Chelsea, Great job today on the show.
Speaker 2: Great job today. Hang on, Jake Simpson of US, Rocky and Aal tearing very soon.
Speaker 3: The rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am ninety four or five buzz sublime and it feel like that Good Morning rod Ryan's Show throwback Thursday. Man, we need to go take a look at voting. But we got to get right into Houston's headlines. Great round, Chelsea did a great job. I can't believe she left with nothing. You guys are brutal. That's the rules, man, you guys are brutal. The joker on the phone is going to the concert. I guess, so he didn't do anything. Those are the rules.
Speaker 4: There are rules, we must follow them, and this is society.
Speaker 2: Chelsea. It's not my fault. I just want to say that he picked the word ten percent.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, her husband picked all those words.
Speaker 2: Ten percent. Chance of rain, mostly sunny, high of fifty six. Dude, We're out of freezing to temperatures. I think we're done. I looked on the overnight. It's gonna get cold tonight. It'll be in the thirties. But maybe we're done with freezing temperatures. This vortex thing of a jiggy is over with.
Speaker 4: I don't know what do you got at as Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, good morning everyone. It does look like the freezing temperatures are over for now.
Speaker 4: At least.
Speaker 5: There have been a warning of black ice on the roadways. And I'm not saying that the black ice is one hundred percent gone, but still exercise some caution today as you're heading back to WHEREK a lot of people driving for the first time a couple of days, and while like roadways and stuff have largely cleared up bridges and overpasses, if it's a shady area or anything like that, it's not getting a lot of sun, you still may see some of that ice there, so be cautious and exercise a little caution doing that. Temperatures are expected to rise into the fifties over this weekend, So the.
Speaker 2: High tomorrow fifty seven with sunny skies, low chances of rain.
Speaker 4: What's your weekend look like?
Speaker 2: And we never do this on Thursday, it's just because weather's been like Top of Mind sixty four is you're high on Saturday with twenty chance of rain. Sunday goes all the way up to seventy degrees with eighty percent chances summer again, eighty percent chances of rain and thunderstorm. So it's going to warm up, but there's going to be a lot of precipitation. So it's skanky day on Sunday, but warming up to almost seventy and then we start getting in the sixties and seventies next week.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this once in a lifetime polar vortex that hit the Gulf Coast and affected US. It lived up to its billing. It brought snow and ice all across the southern region. There were seven deaths reported in Texas, to in Alabama, and at least one in Georgia. Over one hundred cars were left stranded on roads in the Atlanta area and airports all throughout the region.
Speaker 4: We're closed.
Speaker 5: I know, if you had a flight in Houston, did they just good luck with that when we closed Bush and Hobby for an entire day. Flotters saw the most snow in the States recorded history, with nine point eight inches, and there was a record eleven million people that.
Speaker 4: Were put under cold weather alerts over the last few days.
Speaker 5: Glad we're getting out of that though. There's just saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But a plastic surgeon has come up with a list of what he claims are the most beautiful women who he claims are the most beautiful women in the world. It's not his opinion either, it's backed by science. Facial surgeon doctor Julian da Silva used what is called the Greek golden ratio to come up with this top ten. The idea behind the golden ratio theory is that the closer the ratio is of a person's face are to the number one point six eight. Don't know why that's the number. That means that that person is more attractive. So the closer you are to one point six eight, the more attractive you are. Number one most attractive person according to that is Kate Moss, who has a ninety four point one four.
Speaker 4: Score show just has the most perfect almost a perfect face.
Speaker 5: Cindy Crawford is number two, Giselle Bunchon is third, Kendall Jinner comes at six on the list, Emily Radikowski is number nine, and Naomi Campbell is tenth.
Speaker 2: So I put my face in there. I wanted to see like how I would stack up, and uh, it called me sloth from the Goonies. Oh wow, Yeah, I got a negative store on mine. So I not not in that.
Speaker 5: But obviously, since they're all supermodels, it's no surprise that they scored pretty close to one hundred percent. I would imagine most people are not going to be in the eighty ninth percentile or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Well, we got to a link up for this. You can go check out these gals and see more about this. Maybe you want to see how your face stacks up.
Speaker 4: Just give them a look. You're looking late.
Speaker 2: He's got his favorites.
Speaker 5: What Harry Met Sally stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan have reunited for something that they are calling iconic. To celebrate the thirty sixth anniversary of the movie, both of them posted a photo of them sitting on a couch together, wearing clothing similar to what they wore in Harry Met Sally. It was also Billy Crystal's first Instagram post ever. There's no word on what it is that we're waiting for, but we kind of think here in the studio it's the super Bowl commercial. It's got it's the timing would make sense. So this is the first time I'm going to see everybody's age at the super Bowl party you're at. And this is the first time Billy Crystal's been on what on its first ever time he's posted on Instagram.
Speaker 4: He's had an Instagram that he's never posted on.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was probably just to securest name. Yeah, that's so okay. So to look through stuff. I did see the very first Super Bowl teaser. I think it was for michelob Ultra. I hadn't seen anything else. This is gonna start coming every day now, every day now it's my least favorite thing about the Super Bowl. They're like, yeah, why are we watching ads? We don't want to watch commercials. We hate commercials and every other part of our life. Why do we want it besides stud our X go to get stutter x dot com. But like, why would you want to just go out of your way to watch commercials? Now they're releasing teasers of commercials, and that's exactly what Ultra did.
Speaker 4: It's a teaser of their super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 5: There's a couple like Dorito's Got Me because they have three that people have submitted and you get to vote on which one makes it to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: So it's like that's different to me. But when they're like, you.
Speaker 5: Gotta wait to see what happens at the Big Game, No, I don't. I'm not going to I'm not going to watch it. I'm not going to watch your Super Bowl commercial previews.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully the ad. I'll be at the game because the Buffalo Bills be in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I'm rooting for you, buddy.
Speaker 2: You guys will have to tell me about those commercials maybe the day after, maybe go.
Speaker 5: We announced it on the show yesterday, but nine Inch Nails is coming to Houston.
Speaker 4: They're Peel It Back.
Speaker 5: Tour twenty twenty five is gonna kick off in Ireland in June, and then they're gonna make their way to Houston on September twelfth to play the Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: It's been almost three years since they last toured.
Speaker 5: Tickets are gonna go on sale January twenty ninth, but if you're listening to The Rod Ryan Show and you happen to know the show at nine fifty, you could.
Speaker 4: Be getting tickets before they go on sales, So stay tuned. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: All right, Sports, what you got?
Speaker 5: Well, the Rockets gotta win. Last night they got by the Calves one oh nine to one o eight. Cleveland's Darius Garland got fouled. It was a flagrant foul on a three point shot with two seconds left to go in the game, but he missed two of his three free throws. He shoots about ninety percent. He's a really good free throw shooter and he just melted down right there. Absolute choke job by the Calves gave the Rockets to win the Fred van Vliet had twenty six points in the night to leave the team in scoring. Rockets are now twenty nine and fourteen on the season in second place in the Western Conference.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, one more hour together. Alternative Income. I about a chance to win one thousand dollars. You're gonna listen to that keyword and enter it at the buzz dot com. I need you to vote for Throwback Thursday. So much to do on links and guests, one hundred bottles of love, stream Blonde on the walls, talking about the big Game. Four of you are gonna win five five of you are gonna win five hundred dollars when it comes time for that big game.
Speaker 4: This and more on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Get after it, Get after it, Get involved to us rock and Altearn, and very soon the rod.
Speaker 2: Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: I'm six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am ninety four or five, The Buzz Guerrillas and the Clint Eastwood song. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Throwback Thursday. I just had a look see and I saw that Austin, Texas's Fastball went from worst to first. Oh really, yeah, Fastballs in the league with their song the Way, Velvet Revolver in second place.
Speaker 4: And Texas's own Bowling for Soup in third place.
Speaker 2: Now they were leading. At one point too, Velvet Revolver was leading. So the lead has changed. Everybody has been sitting at the top at some point this morning. But you got two Texas bands taken on the supergroup, Velvet Revolver and Fastball is in the lead right now with the Way forty seven percent of your votes, Velvet Revolver thirty five percent of the vote, Bowling for Soup really just dropped off man sixteen percent. That song has won before, so it must be. It must be some really really good competition. I guess maybe the last time they were in they were against turds. I don't know. I know that we've played that Bowling for Soup song as a winning song on Throwback Thursday before. Surprised to see them so far back, mostly sunny high of fifty six.
Speaker 4: Today, I've had enough of the snow. It was fun, yeah, I had it was fun.
Speaker 5: Well, now it's like the not fun snow where it's everything that was there is just crunchy.
Speaker 4: You can't play it anymore. It just getting slushy.
Speaker 2: And and I was talking about that with my neighbors when we were out. You were already seeing it because we were all out sledding and you can see like the little hills we have off the side of the interstate or whatever. They were getting overworked with everybody. And then yeah, you were just starting to see mud and grass and it just was dirty. There's nothing more pretty then waking up and I get it. It's got that Norman Rockwell look to it. You wake up and everything's got a nice coat of fresh powder on it. And if you can just kind of, you know, like for me, try to get out of your head that like all your plants are dying right now, all those tropicals, thousands of dollars of landscaping is just freezing away. That stuff looks really, really nice, and it is nice even when you're up north. But then the slushy, sloppy, dirty snow and all it's gross.
Speaker 4: It's disgusting. Yeah. I having to kind of watch where you walk and making sure it's not icy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, you can't dress up.
Speaker 4: You can't wear nice clothes. The bottom of your pants are gonna get ruined.
Speaker 2: So I'm done. That was nice. Tuesday was fun. Let's get move on. It's gonna be high today. Like I said, fifty six, we'll get all the way up to seventy on Sunday with some rain, and I don't think we're gonna have to deal with I don't see anything even on the overnight tonight till tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I see us getting down in the thirties. Keep everything wrapped, I guess or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I didn't wrap anything. I've wrapped my pipe either.
Speaker 4: I also live in an apartment complex.
Speaker 2: Okay, the pipes. The pipes were rapped. I didn't cover plants. I'm just like whatever, All right, throwback Thursday. You know we're gonna play that song coming up music blog page today. You've been talking about nine inch Nails. You were talking about Shine Down Lincoln Park a Cappella Shine.
Speaker 4: Down World premiere tomorrow. We're gonna have that song for you at eight twenty two songs are putting out though we're only getting one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are putting two songs out there and Wizard has made a decision. He said this is gonna be the one for us here, So I trust him. Uh so that's gonna be fun tomorrow. Taking your calls kind of like all those calls we took when we did the world premiere of Papa Roach. Oh yeah, nobody called it was weird. On the music blog page today, I'm going to make you look George Straight.
Speaker 4: The king of country when he talks.
Speaker 2: We listen, right, I know, I do, Okay, I have George Straight's hangover cure. It's definitely not what you're expecting. Does George Straight party? I don't know. I don't know either. I mean he's in Texas, right, I mean, listen, he's been playing country music shows for decades.
Speaker 4: I imagine he's partying. He used to party.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he still does, but he has a hangover cure. And this is one of those things I'm going to force you to go to the music blog page to go look at. While you're there, maybe zip on over to the food blog page today. Would you carry around Velveta in your pocket like people like I've seen people with hot sauce on their belt. Yeah, Hillary Clinton, it is the nerdiest thing I've ever seen. Hillary Clinton, didn't.
Speaker 4: She go on that show. She's like, I, Hi, I have a hot sauce on it at all times.
Speaker 2: I don't know, John. I see some of these influencers, some of these cooking nerds which I follow and I make the stuff they make. But they have like a leather made holster for hot sauce off of their belt. It is one of the nerdiest things ever.
Speaker 4: My palette is not like that where it'll be that much of a difference.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, what about having some Velveta all holstered up and ready to squeeze onto your lunch?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you already got the hot saust, why not throw a.
Speaker 2: Little Belvita with it. Bell to Go single serve packets of Velveta cheese. They came up with the idea because one in four millennials and gen zers bring their own condiments with them whenever possible, and they felt there was a lack of convenient cheese condiments. Bell to Go will be available at Walmart dot com for about six bucks. It's three cartons, four packets in each one, and you keep it in your pocket.
Speaker 4: It's all nice and warm. And it's like spreadable. Velvida chiefs keep.
Speaker 5: That thing on you in case you come up to a rogue pack of crackers or something like that.
Speaker 4: You're like, all right, you know what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: It sounds like the stuff you make mac and cheese with if you're not using the powder, if you're using I think Velvida does come.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they already made this, and I think they're just a smaller version. I think they're just selling the packets to carry with you to put cheese on something, probably cheese to go, and then you keep it in your pocket. It's all nice and warm and ready to go and very spreadable. That and more.
Speaker 5: Are you a little extra though, if you carry if you have to carry a condiment with you, like it says millennials do, because I don't, and I don't really know anybody that does.
Speaker 4: I know this showed up on one of the phrases that they're trying to get rid of.
Speaker 2: But I'm today's I'm today years old now that people bring their own condiments with them. I made fun of the hot sauce people. I know that's kind of a thing for a few people. I didn't know people brought.
Speaker 4: Their own condiments with them. You're just carrying mustard around.
Speaker 2: That picky food blog page, music blog page. Anyone else using George Strait's method of hangover cure?
Speaker 3: Not me, not.
Speaker 4: I've never even tried it, never even tried it once.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it. I know it's a thing down here. I'm not gonna get involved in that.
Speaker 4: For sure. Here's a chance for some cash. Good luck.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety.
Speaker 2: Five, the US Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show. All right, I hope you're getting after that alternative income. It's working on a little something over here.
Speaker 3: What you got?
Speaker 4: I know you got your bit coming up? But it's National Handwriting Day?
Speaker 2: Huh? What if what if we all wrote the same thing incursive, we put it up on Facebook and we have people guess who if they can identify us by our handwriting?
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, I know what your handwriting looks like. I know yours is real easy for me.
Speaker 2: But you would have to write, can you write in cursive? Can you remember? Yes? I think I'll come up with the phrase. We all have to write it out incursive, and then we'll have people guess whose handwriting is is? Which what sentence belongs to each cast member that's still around?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, National Handwriting Day.
Speaker 2: Kids, ask your grandparents what handwriting is.
Speaker 3: Online?
Speaker 2: Kid's Alex online.
Speaker 3: The Muzz.
Speaker 5: Okay, what you got Today's Daniel is called no lead singer And you are going to see how many bands you know by just reading the names of every member that is not a lead singer.
Speaker 2: And like, oh, that's gonna be tough.
Speaker 5: So if I were to read you the names, it's a band we play in the buzz, very cool, Mike Dirnt, Jason White, and Jason Freeze. Would you say that would be Radiohead, Nirvana or Green Day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only guy you left off was Billy Joe. That's green Day? Is green Day?
Speaker 2: All right? I mean Trey Cool is the giveaway. Everybody knows Trey Cool.
Speaker 4: I mean not everybody.
Speaker 2: He's not Dose Cool.
Speaker 5: What about Guy Berryman, Phil Harvey, Johnny Buckland and Will Champion? Is it my chemical Romance? Earth Wind and Fire, Coldplay or Chicago?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: How many names did you give?
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 2: Four? Okay, there's only four guys in Coldplay, so that's gone my chemical romance. It is cold. It is cola coldlay. Oh. Sometimes they got like an extra keyboard guy, because I mean, there's only three guys in Green Day, but you're you're talking about all the extra players too. That makes it hard.
Speaker 5: Let's do one last one, okay, James Valentine, Mickey Madden, Matt Flynn, p J Morton, Jess Carmichael and Sam Ferrar. Oh my god, is it Maroon five Journey, Owl City or Imagine Dragons?
Speaker 4: Man Flynn is the giveaway there. Here's also a quarterback of the Packers and the Seahawk. It's not Journey, It's not Imagine Dragons. What are the other two choices? Owl City and Maroon five?
Speaker 2: Maroon five? It is Maroon fives.
Speaker 4: Nobody else knows besides Adam Levine except for Rod.
Speaker 5: Go check it out see if you can name these bands without their lead singer at the world famous Rod.
Speaker 4: Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: That's a good one true.
Speaker 3: First show on.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five. The Buzz we World premiered that one yesterday. It's Papa Roach. Even if it kills me, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that being played during the morning show. Sometimes we do these world premieres and then that's it. We don't get to hear these songs anymore. Man, that's a smash, like right out of the gate. It's a man.
Speaker 4: Punches you right in the face.
Speaker 2: It does punch you right in the face in a beautiful way, in a beautiful way. I hope we say the same thing tomorrow. At Ain't twenty We're gonna world premier brand new music from Shining Down. All our friends are putting out new music right now. It's great. I mean new music. All these concerts that we're announcing right now.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty five is.
Speaker 2: Going to rule.
Speaker 4: We're living in the best of times. Everyone.
Speaker 2: The salad year's salad years. The problem is you don't know when.
Speaker 4: The salad years are. You never like recognize them while they're happening. Now they are happening. We're telling you they are happening now. Now you know the good times are happened. Absolutely, I absolutely appreciate that. I'm working on my little handwriting exercise for all of us. You got a sentence for us to write, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: No, you're not in the same is what we're gonna I'll tell you what you're gonna have to write. Knock knocks.
Speaker 4: You have to type, you have to write all this out in cursive.
Speaker 2: Knock knock.
Speaker 4: I didn't know if your time you went to write, who's there?
Speaker 2: Radio?
Speaker 4: Radio?
Speaker 2: Who radio?
Speaker 4: Not here I come, but I like it. It's really bad, it's funny.
Speaker 2: So what my plan is today this will have to be after the show. Everyone write that out in cursive. I mean, my cursive writing has not advanced. However, I wrote in second grade, second grade, I think I second or third grade. However, I wrote because London's doing it now. However, however I wrote, then that's what it looks like. It's never advanced. Yeah, because you never use it. It's never advanced from when I first learned cursive. But I think I still remember all the swoops and loops where they go. I think I will.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but what I'm gonna be he was a weird one lower kid. I don't know I remember how.
Speaker 2: To do is see. Yeah, I do have some muscle memory here on that cursive stuff. Today's National Handwriting Day, so we're gonna do a little exercise. It'll be on our Facebook page. After the show, we'll play a little game out of it, and then maybe I don't know, maybe I'll tie in a prize.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just want to see what chicken scratch you and Chili have.
Speaker 4: Can Chili write it in Spanish?
Speaker 2: Mine won't be better? Well, then you'll be able to tell.
Speaker 4: Whose only Spanish speakers would be in this.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be able to guess which cast members writing. You know what I mean, like match the handwriting to the cast member of the show. If Chili writes it in Spanish, everyone's gonna know that's Chili's writing.
Speaker 5: You could write in Canadian. I'll write in an American and then Chili can go in in Spanish.
Speaker 2: Not oh no, there's that radio as just got a leaf. All right, y, let's go there is no writing in.
Speaker 4: Canadian, dummy French?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go Throw back Thursday. Thank you for all the votes. Let's do one final clickie click and thirty seven votes. Not bad websites back Baby fifteen percent of your vote, Bowling for Soup thirty eight thirty nine percent of your vote. Velvet Revolver in second place, Fastball out of Boston, Texas with their song, with their song the way they were in last place.
Speaker 4: Yeah at one point. Now they are your champions, Mom, it's so much tesday.
Speaker 2: Whatever the hell that is, here's your throwback Thursday winner. On ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 3: Or a dabble. They made up their minds and they started bagging left before the sun came up that day.
Speaker 13: The exits to the return of summer slacking.
Speaker 3: But where were they going without? As the knowing away.
Speaker 13: Were playing out the wall and they got okay, nine more report.
Speaker 3: These things to say, And when.
Speaker 13: The god breast down they started walking?
Speaker 3: Where were they going without ever knowing the way? When you want to say the world and I want to go, it's all the summer than the god never did never did home? A ray.
Speaker 13: Can say the said other than on.
Speaker 3: Well then home, But they really don't can welled the haway having the children and they can find left the sun came up day it comes rock let the hide.
Speaker 13: Well are they going without every in the way? Maybe they wound It's always summer.
Speaker 3: The nover that car can never get him to never get all the grand can't seen the same will lay my dream, don't care, w don't hurry them.
Speaker 13: Anyone can see the road. It's on the still. You can say the same thing, don't can wanted the.
Speaker 3: Way Ham.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The buzz that's Fastball and the way Good morning, rod Ryan Show, that's your winner today on Throwback Thursday. You got time for a promise? Good time for a quick story. I do give me that back.
Speaker 4: I just got an email. This song is late nineties. I forgot.
Speaker 2: It's a true story. This song I talked, I talked about it earlier today that it tells the story and it seems like it's a Quentin Tarantino movie.
Speaker 4: Song or something.
Speaker 2: If you listen about this old couple that gets in the car and takes a drive. This was just sent to me by Matt Baker and Matt Matt Matt matt Man, Matt matt Man.
Speaker 4: He said, Rod, there's a true story that inspired the song. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Fastball front man Tony Scalzo came up at the idea for the song after reading articles that described the June nineteen ninety seven disappearance of an elderly married couple Layla and Raymond Howard from Salado, Texas. They left home to attend the Pioneer Day festival at nearby Temple, Texas. Despite Layla's Alzheimer's disease and Raymond recently recovering from brain surgery, they were discovered two weeks later dead at the bottom of a ravine near Hot Springs, Arkansas, hundreds of miles off their intended route. The authorities who investigated the accident believed that Layla, who was driving the car, was trying to locate a place where she had once vacationed.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's a true story.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I Matt's right. I remember telling that story years ago because that was that came with. You know, this is a new song.
Speaker 4: I remember interviewing the band them talk talking about it.
Speaker 2: I completely blocked it out that this tells the story of a real life couple in Texas.
Speaker 4: That's insane.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh, listen back to it now. Yeah, yeah, yeah, one guy just off of brain surgery, the other one doesn't know what day it is, and they go for a drive. They don't come home.
Speaker 3: Jeez, you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it gives all new meaning to the song. You do need to kind of go back and listen now for sure. All right, thank you, thank you for that, Matt. I appreciate that I totally remember doing that talking about that. You know, the show, I guess is what we got to talk about. Thank you to everybody that voted. I'm glad that Fastball song one that we could. I'm glad it won because I don't think I had a cool story. A cooler story than that for Velvet Revolver or Bowling for soup.
Speaker 4: Bowling for souper is about nineteen eighty five. Oh there happen then, dude, super cool story.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing this quick. Nine inch Nails are coming to town September twelve, Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: Who's the support act on this? Nothing was listed nine inch Nails, That's who's supporting them.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing this as a trend now.
Speaker 4: An evening with nine inch Yeah, like we're not splitting the money, we want it all?
Speaker 2: Would you nine inch Nails? Do they not need support? I guess not. Tickets will go on sale Wednesday toyacenter dot com. The show is September twelfth, and I think I said yesterday that is a Friday night.
Speaker 4: We have a pair of nine inch Nails tickets for you before they go on sale. Know the show after this break of Rocky and All tearing the Rod.
Speaker 3: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 4: I am done with my handwriting assignment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was working on it during the commercial break. My cursive handwriting. It's worse than I thought, and I did it completely. I did it completely from memory, too, So I think I'm wrong on a few of these.
Speaker 4: Mine's probably be awful, all right.
Speaker 2: I thought Chilly going to get some paper earlier. So I wonder if he's working on his homework too. We have homework to do. We're gonna get up our handwriting examples up on our Facebook page after the show today, and you're gonna have to figure out which cast member matches which handwriting. Yeah, easy for me because I see how Alex writes. I'm not gonna give any clues. I don't get to see Chili handwritten anything ever.
Speaker 4: Have to write a bunch of stuff. I don't know what to expect with him. I know what yours looks like, for sure.
Speaker 2: It's a mess.
Speaker 4: I can't believe your mom was a teacher.
Speaker 2: I saw on other kids. Did you not listen to anything that poor woman said to you? I did.
Speaker 4: I just wasn't good at it.
Speaker 3: All. Right, Here we go.
Speaker 2: It's time for nother show. I got tickets to go see nine Inch Nails September twelfth, Toyota Center. Tickets to go on sale next Wednesday, Toydacenter dot Com. Win them before you can buy them.
Speaker 4: What's your question?
Speaker 5: Well, we were talking about this briefly this morning, But what rock band do Rod and I think are going to absolutely clean up at the iHeartRadio Music Awards this year going down March seventeenth, by the way, big company gap.
Speaker 4: But what rock band do we think is going to just clean up at these words?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a huge year for them. Seven one, three, two point two, five, nine four five. If you know the show, you could be into ni n frock A ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, and Nirvana's all apologies. It's gonna wrap it up, guys.
Speaker 4: Get ready to close out our throwback Thursday edition with The Rob Ryan Show. Ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 2: Mostly sunny today, high of fifty six, clear skies tonight.
Speaker 4: I still see us getting it, says here below freezing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I looked again.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be close close to freezing again tonight, So keep everything pare for wrapped and covered and wrap the old people and the pets.
Speaker 4: And all that stuff. Okaya, wrap everything.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's do the let's do the giveaway and then we'll wrap everything up. He's now time four Know this show on ninety four five. La La la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 4: La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: At the Raw Dog It Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's this step Hi, Stephen?
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 5: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Are y'all great?
Speaker 4: Welcome to know the show, Alex, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Well, Stephen, what rock band did Rod and I talk about today? And we think they're going to absolutely clean up at the iHeartRadio Music Awards this year.
Speaker 2: That'll be Lincoln Park.
Speaker 4: It would be Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: So it's weird because they're up for both rock and Alternative categories and Best Rock Band, Best Alternative Band Song, Best Alternative Song, Best Rock Song, all for the same stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah for this one right here, the Emptiness Machine. I do think it's going to clean up our seventeenth at the iHeart Radio Music Awards.
Speaker 2: iHeart Radio Music Awards.
Speaker 4: We should probably get that up on the music blog page today. It is our company Hey, Stephen, you just won nine Inch Nails tickets.
Speaker 2: Dude. Oh, yeah, that's awesome. Have you ever seen him live?
Speaker 7: I saw them when they were here on Halloween back that it was sometime in the nineties.
Speaker 2: They were with Maryland Manson and the Jim Ros Circus. Yes, that tour was amazing that That was the only time I ever seeing them. That was when they were touring Pretty Hate Machine. I saw that tour when I was I was still living in Buffalo, so it was a long time ago. And uh, the screen came down during hurt and the bird goes down and grabs them fish. I remember it vividly exactly. That was when Marilyn Manson was maybe the most dangerous rock star on the planet too, because he really we didn't know about it. We didn't know anything about him. He just looked like a monster out there and the Jim Row Circus side show. Dude, all right, well let me tell you Ninie Nails has only gotten better live. So you're in. Oh that's an amazing guys, could go so much. September twelveth Toyota Center. Dude, circle it on your calendar. Steven, thank you for closing out the show. So strong with us today. Why is the carpet wet Todd beat Chris this morning? I think yes he did, so why is the carpet wet Todd continues his winning ways? He's gonna try to make it three in a row tomorrow, freshout of mad head, to hit our last game of the week.
Speaker 4: Can anybody win three games? I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see Chelsea. You know what everyone said, Now that you think about it, I'm gonna have to go back and listen. Everybody said Chelsea they loved her voice on the radio.
Speaker 4: She did have a great voice. They said she had an awesome voice. Yeah, she was really cool.
Speaker 2: She did have a really good voice. I was just so caught up in doing everything else. I didn't even take time to appreciate. But I think you guys are right. I'm gonna go back and listen. She did a great job, just not good enough. She left with no tickets, no nothing. Unfortunately, the hell Dakota is the one that picked out all the words. That's her husband. She brought with them with her. Thank you for submitting all those great words. Thanks for voting all morning long on Throwback Thursday. Okay, tomorrow is free beer Friday. Thank you specs. Tomorrow is open phones Friday. That's the entire last hour. We'll pick it up with why is the Carpet wet Todd And then don't forget we have that world premie of a brand new song from Shinedown that's coming your way at eight twenty tomorrow Alternative Income. We'll throw in more NINEUS Nails tickets, will throw in more shine Down tickets. We'll throw in Buzzfest tickets and from Rodeo Houston tickets.
Speaker 4: It's all huge tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All of it is huge. And the first six faces are supposed to appear on the one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the Wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so those we'll work on that.
Speaker 2: We've been having all kinds of web problems here Today a brand new episode of Past the Gravy.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Six hundred episodes is unbelievable, dude, Yeah, thank you man, that's unbelievable. That's eleven years of podcasting. Yeah, nobody was podcasting eleven years ago.
Speaker 4: Some people, but many, not as many. But go check it out. It's on YouTube.
Speaker 5: You can go to the World Finished right Ryan Shipage at buzz dot com if you want to find it there, but wherever else you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Dude, it's a pioneer.
Speaker 2: Dude's a pioneer man. So make sure you go and give that one to listen for sure. Jeremy stick around for him. He's got the non stop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: We are on a twenty hour break. We'll be back do it all again tomorrow and wrap up this week. Thank you, guys. Ams' stuff. Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 8: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.