Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're.
Speaker 1: Are the Epstein files. I thought we're getting the Epstein files today. Ryan, wasn't that your number one job today to get the Epstein files.
Speaker 2: I've been doing everything.
Speaker 1: I ken your job man doing it? Well, then where are the files? Hey, this is not the try hard league, is to do good league, But where are the files?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Pam Bondi, Alina Haba, they both said that they're going to be released. There's something about them wanting to make sure the identities of the victims are protected, so they're kind of tiptoeing around that.
Speaker 2: That's the only explanation I've been given.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, that would be totally legit, right, I mean, because once those files are released, there's a danger that any name that appears anywhere in the files, is all of this going to be banished, you know, from civilized society, no matter why they're in the files, And certainly the victims need to be protected. So I get all of that. I totally get all of that. It's just fascinating right now because Pambondi had indicated yesterday there would be some kind of release today and then did you see there was something released, but apparently not something very significant. They was given a bunch of influencers. Did you see that whole scene?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I didn't care for that charade either.
Speaker 3: Why did a bunch of ex influencers get the files themselves rather than just distribute them to the public.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the hold up here.
Speaker 1: Well, and listen for those who haven't seen it, I'm sure you will when you get home tonight, and don't look all you drive. I know you already know that. But this administration, which has been so close to flawless, it's a human endeavor, right, It's never going to be perfect, but it's going to be a lot better than almost any other one. But they botched it today, right because there's so much pressure to get the Epstein files least that what the White House apparently did today was have some of these influencer types show up and they gave them binders labeled Epstein materials. And it's not all of them are the most important stuff. But then there was this really unfortunate scene where they walked outside of the West Wing and then they were all smiling and laughing and holding up the binders clearly to show, look, I've got the binders. And it was just so inappropriate given the underlying subject matter, right, which is child rape. And so yeah, so the administration still in a plus administration, but they botched this one today. But they're going to have to get a grip on this Epstein file thing because it's starting to cause a little tension between the US Attorney's Office and the FBI right now.
Speaker 2: You would think so.
Speaker 3: And those were the two individuals who were mentioned by Alina Habba, Cash Betel Pam Bondi, and she appeared earlier with Pierce Morgan today, And i'll just play a portion of the right here Dan this appearance on Pierce Morgan's show in the UK.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Epstein files we're told are to be imminently unleashed, and already we saw the Attorney General Pam Bondi say that it's the scale of what happened is far worse than anyone realized. Well over two hundred maybe two hundred and fifty victims, and that we're going to get information either later today or tomorrow from these files.
Speaker 2: What can you tell me about that.
Speaker 5: I believe it will be today. I was just with I saw Pam and Cash in the White House just before coming on your show, and I can tell you that I haven't been privy to it yet, but I know it is coming out. They will be taking portions of it. We have to be patient. And I said this last night at a dinner with some media, and I said, I think America needs to remember one thing. We are going to be promises made, promises kept. But when you're dealing with victims, And by the way, this is a perfect example of a case that was at that went through trial, that had testimony and was prosecuted the right way. And I don't preemptively attack. That's just not the way I operate. But in this case, in Epstein's case, it is incredibly disturbing. We have flight logs, we have information names that will come out well.
Speaker 1: And it is so critical it come out, but it has to come out the right way, right. So what I don't get right now is why the crazy concern over whether it's today or next week. I understand the concern about whether it comes out at all, but nobody should doubt Trump on that. Trump Trump made the promise. That promise is going to be kept. But you've got to do it the right way, obviously in fairness to the victims, but also in fairness to people who, in theory, now I'm not sure I could explain exactly how, but in theory might have their names in these files but not have been guilty of any of the sordidness. So yeah, this all needs to be released, Ryan, because I think it goes to this big underlying issue as well, right, and it's one of the few things that could threaten the stability of the nation when you have this two tiered system of justice and you have some people who are above the law because of their money, political connections that are on the left, etc. We just can't have that. And I think most Americans are sitting there thinking this Epstein thing is a classical, classic example of that. Right, if they did that stuff, they'd be in jail for life. But these rich and powerful people do it and they get away with it. So yeah, that has to come out, but you gotta do it right. So I don't care whether it's tomorrow or a month from tomorrow, as long as it happens and it's done right and innocent people don't get harmed in the process.
Speaker 3: And I was just commenting on this myself, Dan, as somebody who extensively covered the Larry Nasser scandal from day one, in that I understand that you want to protect the identities of the victims if possible, But there came a point in time, a tipping point, I would say, in the Larry Nasser case where prosecutions took place, that the girls didn't care about their anonymity anymore.
Speaker 2: They wanted to.
Speaker 3: Come forward and go on the record. It was a big step, It took bravery and courage, but they wanted to set an example for other little girls out there so that it wouldn't happen again and it wouldn't happen to somebody else, and they became heroes in that moment. So I'm hoping that a similar tipping point might happen here. I know these victims have been through a lot, but that should not preempt the release of these files entire to your point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then the other point is that it's sometimes not unanimous right. So, for understandable reasons, you can have a set of victims of a mass sex crime like that and maybe ninety percent of them want to go public, but you almost always have a few. I'm thinking of a civil case I did, which was absolutely horrific. Fortunately the civil case went well, but you had loss of life, you had sex assault, everything else, and at the end of the day, one of the central characters was going to be executed. And then you know, there were some victims who wanted the executions, some victims who didn't. So I'm just saying you can have that split view among victims, and I think Bondi's right, the FBI's right to want to be very careful and clear it with each and every victim. And I think the other thing, Ryan is that I guess it's theoretically possible you could have some people named in these Epstein papers who did not participate in any of the debauchery, in any of the rape.
Speaker 3: Well one of those names too, Dan, I think that has later been clarified as Alan Dershowitz, and he has been fighting, i think, on the legal front against such allegations, aspersions and accusations against him. You know, he represented Jeffrey Epstein at one time, he was his lawyer, so there might be some confusion along those lines. And I certainly hope that the professor was not involved in any of this. But I'm like, you, Dan, come what may. No matter who's on that list or if they're on our side politically or not, don't care. Get them out there, make it public. And you know you have to be specific. You're right about you know, who was on these flights, the Lalita Express, whatever Bill Clinton, Bill Gates.
Speaker 2: Service are alleged to have been on there, and can make.
Speaker 3: It clear who was participating in the debauchery, as you put it, and those the individuals that were not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So that's got to come out. The Doctor King files have to come out, the JFK files have to come out, because we're at a point there's no denying it right where most thinking people right now do not trust government the way they used to, not even anywhere close to it. And so at this point, I go back to my short lifetime, I go back to when I was born, right my attitudes on just kind of general trust of government have changed profoundly, and so right now I think we the people, they work for us. We have a right to see virtually everything, and if we want to talk about the few exceptions, let's do that and then just figure out what we've been told the truth on and what we've been lied to about exactly eight five five for zero five eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Hey, a lot of fun local stuff today, and the reason for that is the left runs Colorado right, and the left is whack, and the left is doing whack things all the time, and as their stuff makes Colorado worse, they just sort of keep doing more and more wacky stuff. So very sad in what it's doing to the state, but it's great to see the left exposed this way. So we'll have a few of those stories today, but when we come back. When we come back, I want to get your reaction to this one as well. Denver Strip club owners being sued for many, many millions of dollars. Who do you think should win this? You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think this is great. This is a huge step towards transparency. Donald Trump said he was gonna be transparent with the American people. Our House Oversight Committee created a task force to try to get more of what we call American secrets out in the public. The American people deserve to know who was on that eptine list and whether or not our government was spying on people and allowing this to happen to get leverage. Were people being blackmailed? This is a national security concern. So our applaud Pam Bondi for releasing this later on today, and I'm lucky. I'm gonna learn a lot once those names are made public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Representative Comerce saying, hey, got to get it out there. This headline on Fox. Pam Bondi sends letter to Cash Patel accusing FBI of withholding documents. So yeah, yep, we will see where this goes. I expect it will eventually end with virtually everything being released, but slower than expected for the reasons we discussed earlier, Right. I mean, I do think you've got to bend over backwards to protect victims' identities, and if there are people named these documents who are innocent, then you've got to be sensitive to that as well. But we need, we need the full truth regarding everybody involved in any of this child rape. Hey, I want to get to this story. See which side you come down on a lot of people trying to dance around it. This is Denver strip clubs cities going after them. Hard cut, double zero please.
Speaker 8: An owner of some strip clubs in Denver suing to stop a wage theft investigation by the city and the one thousand dollars a day fines that.
Speaker 2: Come with it.
Speaker 8: Not because they don't have the cash on hand. Presumably the owners of PT Show Club, Diamond Cabaret, and PT Centerfold could bring in a wheelbarrow full of singles every day to pay the fine, but they say the investigation is an invasion of their dancers privacy partners at Business den we're the first to report on this lawsuit against Denver's Division of Labor this week. Denver Labor ordered the club owner RCI Holdings to turn over contracts, records another info last month as part of this investigation. It's whether the clubs are misclassifying their dancers to deny them benefits. Clubs were threatened with daily fines up to a thousand dollars if they didn't cooperate well. Clubs don't want to cooperate. They're not about to make it rain on the city auditor either. Rci's lawsuit says turning over the documents would breach privacy agreements with the dancers, and said the city is being paternalistic.
Speaker 1: Let's see what the auditor says, and we'll try to get Tim O'Brien on. Tim O'Brien says Diamond Cabaret and Rix Cabaret violated nearly every applicable provision of Denver's minimum wage laws, including misclassifying entertainers as exempt from the ordinances, failing to pay staff the city's minimum wage, and stealing money from entertainers is the allegation by requiring them to pay fees for the privilege of working, Denver auditor Timothy M. O'Brien said in a news release, How does that work, Ryan, I mean, pay fees to work there. So you've got these minimum wage requirements, right, But it seems like what the auditors suggesting is that the women had to pay to work there. I guess that means get up on the stage if there's anybody in the audience, and I know there are so many great folks who have done this type of work at one point or another in their career, or maybe doing it right now. We'd love to get your take on all that. You can call us eight five five four zero five eight two five five the number or text d A N five seven seven three nine would like to get the inside info on this. Do you have any idea how that works? Do women like pay to be able to work at these places?
Speaker 3: The only thing I could think of is that it would function like a hair salon where a woman or a man would rent out space for their own you know, share, so to speak. It's chair fee. I think it's how they go about that, okay, and that there might be space in the changing area that they rent out and then they collect tips. I'm not sure exactly how all the financials go with all of that, but it does seem a little peculiar as to what's happening here with these women that are perhaps being taken advantage of financially well.
Speaker 1: And the story goes on to say it quotes the clubs as saying Domic Cabaret and Rix Cabret have fully complied with the law, yet Denver labor in a display of unchecked government overreach. Interesting term in that industry continues to demand access to private business records beyond their legal authority, despite the complete absence of any substantiated claims of wage theft. These demands are not about justice, they are about control. Seems to be a suggestion I read into that that Denver's exercising some kind of moral judgment here. The allegation the strip strip clubs exercised a quotes significant amount of control over entertainer's working conditions. It found the clubs required strippers to pay a house fee of up to eighty five dollars per shift and an additional eight dollars promo fee before working. Diamond Cabaret also imposes fines against entertainers who violate certain rules. Managers, meanwhile, routinely take tips for work performed by entertainers and tipped workers. The auditors determined, so, yeah, wow, how much do you have any idea how much women make? Like, if they're paying eighty five bucks per shift, and what's a shift? Is a shift like one dance? Is it a set number of dances? But if they're paying eighty five bucks a shift, then I would imagine that the pay is.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, absolutely, and those that are more skilled in the endeavor, shall we say, I bet they make six figures easy.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, listen, obviously we don't have sub poenut we don't know who's right or wrong here. I just, you know, when it comes to any of this stuff, you know, I just I just want to make sure that, to the extent you legally can, people are making sure that that vulnerable people, vulnerable people are protected. And I'm not suggesting that every woman who goes and dances at one of these clubs is somehow messed up or extremely vulnerable or anything else. To the contrary, I've known some women who are incredibly impressive professionals with their lives totally together, who were out there doing this kind of work because it paid the most quickest, and some of them just like to dance, you know. But yeah, but I would imagine, and I don't know this to be true, I'd imagine that there's a danger in that industry that you can run into some women who are in a very vulnerable situation.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt about that, Dan, And yeah, I think it's that the story is coming to light. But like you said, you don't have subpoena power. There's only so many things that we are pritvy to as far as the facts and details of this, but I'd like to hear more for sure.
Speaker 1: Kil Well, the one thing we do know is that Mike Johnston is just royally messing up Denver. But at least the different ways he's doing it are kind of funny. So no matter where you are in the state or really anywhere in the country, this next story we're going to cover in this next segment is worth a listen because it goes to the broader point right that it's not personal. I mean this, The Left's approach doesn't work. It hasn't worked anywhere in human history. You may have some brief moments when something appears to be working because of a confluence of events, but the left's approach just doesn't work over time. So now you see Denver falling apart in some really key ways. And not just people like me, you know, registered Republicans saying it. You have very prominent like Denver restaurant owners saying it and giving very concrete examples, people who are putting their own money into trying to make it work in Denver. And again it's an example, it's a vivid example of how this stuff on the left does not work and sooner or later things will crumble. So when we come back, we'll dive into a couple of the most trees and Denver examples, including okay, so what is the left solution now to these restaurants that can't make it in Denver? So off the leftist policies. Oh, charge more taxes on people going at the restaurants. Yeah, that's going to get you more business. Here on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 9: Anyone must kisses his bot and strokes his his tiny ego or big ego, whatever it is, and he doesn't get to do he can take a nap, while the guy who's not born in this country, who was born under apartheid in South Africa, so has that mentality going on.
Speaker 1: He was pro apartheid.
Speaker 9: Does I understand Italien?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: He's a natural now here the naturalized? Oh really, how didn't he do that?
Speaker 9: Did he come over the borders? Yeah, he allegedly overstate that visubject. But I think this is just perfectly wonderful for Trump. He's been take a nap and let this foreigner foreign agent, you know, an enemy of the United States.
Speaker 1: Do his job? Anybody else.
Speaker 5: You want to go with tards to necessarily call him an enemy of the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get a minute. Yeah. So, I just love it when the left talks like that, right, I mean, it's just going to help conservative candidates across the country. But there's a bigger point I wanted to make with that before we get back to the latest craziest craziness from the left in Colorado, and that is Listen that the real reason I believe that they're so out of their minds over Eli, Musk and Doge and getting into all these systems is because, for the very first time, I think in any of our lifetimes, right in a government setting like this, you have conservatives in power who have the competence and the technical skill and ability to start to unravel what the left has actually been doing. And I mean something very precise there, I mean electronically stored evidence. Because with Mosk you have these team of people, and it peers a lot of our kids, a lot of our younger who have these very high level digital sleuthing skills. And I'm just telling you I know this from my law practice. Is that when it comes to evidence, virtually all important evidence now in all of our cases is electronically stored, and you get defendants who are honest and will produce stuff, you get some other defendants who are dishonest and will hide stuff. So a lot of my time now is spent with really high level digital slews who know how to get in and and to look for signs that things have been destroyed, altered, etc. And then we're tracking down this digital evidence. So right now, what I think is going on is Elon Musk with his brilliance and obviously a lot of it coming in the tech field, and his team of these kids who are kind of super slews. I think they're able to get in there and very quickly find patterns. They're able to very quickly identify these electronic trails that lead them to all kinds of scams. And my hunch, I can't prove it, we'll see if it ends up being true, is that the Left four years has been setting up these schemes and these scams within a lot of these different agencies that just keep spitting money back to the Left and to their causes, etc. I'm not saying into individuals pockets like thefts. But I think they are terrified that Elon Musk and his team are going to be able to get to the bottom of it electronically. That's what I think is causing this mass panic, and I think they probably will be And my hunch is that America, you know, shock's an overused word, but America will be absolutely outraged when they get to the bottom of it. I think that's why the Left is going to court to try to keep Elon Musk and his team out of the systems. Because listen, if we're talking about congressional committees right that are doing their typical investigations. Yeah, guys like Comber, they're really good, but give me a break. These congressional committees don't have the staffing, they don't have the expertise, they don't have the time to be able to really dig in and get to the bottom of everything. And Comer did a great job, you know, hunting down Biden trails, Biden family trails. But you put a guy like Musk who builds rockets and companies like Tesla, and you put his team of cyber slews in there, they can get to the bottom of stuff. And that's what's freaking the left. So anyway, that's my big news of the Hey, how about you the big news?
Speaker 3: Well, I got a couple of things that I sent you there, Dan updates Galore. Liz Wheeler is one of these online influencers who was given the binder of documents pertaining to the Epstein files ahead of time, and she kind of lays out a timeline what's going on here, that there are missing pages that the FBI was told to deliver that they failed to do. So the Pambondi contacted Cash Ptel about it, and Patel, to my knowledge, is committed to a rooting out whatever corruption there is the FBI and unveiling whatever is trying to be concealed. So there's that element and update to that story if you want to get into that. And then also on Denver Wright Mayor Mike Johnston in his typical fashion, like with his ten men Square comments, he is backpedaling off of the twenty percent citywide fie on restaurant bills. He just says it was an idea and he wants the restaurants to do it themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll get to that story, but first we have to get to this megas story about this email to the mayor by fourteen really prominent restaurant owners in Denver. So this isn't like, you know, young Republicans of the Dankpla Show or something like that, you know, pointing out more failings of Mike Johnston. These are big time restaurant tours and I would bet the vast majority of them are not Conservatives who are or are calling out Johnston saying literally verbatim, it's completely falling apart. And it is because this stuff on the left doesn't work. I do want to get to Jack and Cheyenne and then some of our textures. You're on the dan Kaplis Show. Welcome Jack, Hello Jack, Hail Jack.
Speaker 10: What do you think I am? Well, I mean I can think about anything, you know that, And of course my thinking's not all that great. In fact, I've been talking to Craig lately. My big, my big thing.
Speaker 11: That's stuck under my crawl is this January sixth insurrection nonsense. Now it's been proven that Trump offered National Guard to and the number of two thousand. They were turned down by the Democrat mayor of d C, turned down by Pelosi, and it was turned down for one reason, and one reason only. They knew there would be some opposition to what pens did by certifying an election that was obviously shouldn't have been certified. And and and they're going to take whoever protested about that and call them insurrectionists. And they're going to say that they were working at the direction.
Speaker 10: Of Donald Trump. This whole insurrection thing has been proven to be false. And if the Democrats were afraid of insurrection, why didn't they accept the two thousand National Guard guards. If they thought there was going to be a problem, they didn't do it. They didn't do it so they could play this.
Speaker 11: This scenario of insurrectionists against against Donald Trump.
Speaker 10: It's it's dolly, It's so transparent. A blurving idiot can see it. And I've been talking to Craig a lot lately, by the way, and he's basically he's basically told me he doesn't want to talk to me anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, then I do have to ask. I'm sure everybody's curious, how do you end up talking to him? Then? I mean, are you like following him around?
Speaker 10: Or well, I wouldn't say that. It's only been in the last couple of days apparently I'm calling him, and he's mad because apparently he's not in Denver anymore. He's moved west. He's in an earlier time zone. He says, I wake him up. But you gotta stop calling on anybody.
Speaker 1: Stop calling.
Speaker 12: I will.
Speaker 10: But the thing is, he slammed the door on me, and he's locked up on this insurrection nonsense, and is way way way too smart to find into that.
Speaker 1: Jack, Don't let it aggravate you. Look at it. We had so many great years together on this show, and I just I just remember all those good times and everything else and differences on other stuff. Just let it go.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel compelled because you got this one guy who disagrees with you? Why do you compel feel compelled to keep calling him?
Speaker 10: No, I don't keep calling him. It's only been in the last day or so, and he has to call me back. But he's sung on this insurrection still. And what I'm saying is he's too smart to believe that. I mean, the evidence is square that they've set it up so they can have that argument. Well, I mean it's gonna set up by the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Jack. I think the American people have rendered their verdict right on J six, and I think any thinking person would have to see it the same way, which is, you had some people on J six who they were not directed or incited by Donald Trump, it is their fault they did it. You had some people on J six commit serious crimes for which they should be seriously punished. It doesn't mean they should be punished beyond what somebody on the left would be punished, but they should be punished. You had other people who got swept up in it and then were way overcharged. You had a whole mix of things going on there. And then you had the Democrats. Essentially they had twin pillars in the campaign, right, which helps explain why they got spanked so bad. And their twin pillars were abortioned to the moment the babies behind us slapped and J six those were the twin pillars of their election campaign. And how did that work out? From Jack? Always great to talk to. You got to hit this heartbreak now, my friend. Hey, when we come back, we'll talk about some more examples of craziness out of Denver again. But it just makes the bigger point, right, stuff on the left doesn't work. But then the question for you is can Republicans take advantage of that? Can they win statewide in Colorado? When you have things so bad under the left, why aren't Republicans breaking through more? You're on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 13: Authorities in New Mexico are investigating for legendary actor Gene Hackman, His wife, and their dog were all found dead inside of their home.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 13: According to a search warrant, investigators found no signs of carbon monoxide and no signs of forced entry. The front door was open when the couple was found. An investigator say they found an open bottle of prescription pills near Hackman's wife. Police assured the community there is no danger to public.
Speaker 1: What do you think happened?
Speaker 3: It's hard to figure this one out, Dan. I mean, you have Gene Hackman, who apparently suffered a fall. He's ninety five years old, that could very well kill a man of that age. But then his wife was dead inside in a bathroom. Is she had pills strewn about on the countertop of that bathroom, and then separately from.
Speaker 6: That, one of their dogs had died.
Speaker 3: So all of this had happened, you would think concurrently, but the why behind this is a lot harder to figure out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think most people suspect the same thing, and that would be really sad.
Speaker 2: But what would that be him?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'm not saying that's what happened there, right, But don't you think everybody listening this story suspects that at least one person in there took their own life. And I'm not saying that. I don't know, but I think that's probably the public suspicion, my suspicion. While I'm on that, did you realize that Colorado is a program now where and I mean like an active assisted suicide program where you have people just like getting medical help to kill themselves like Canada. Yeah, there's one going on in Colorado right now that you know that.
Speaker 2: No, I did not know.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. I mean, there's so much craziness on the left or trying to keep up with.
Speaker 3: But this happened in Santa Fe, New Mexico, which is the kind of the compound that Gene Hackman and his younger wife lived on.
Speaker 2: She was sixty three, he was ninety five.
Speaker 3: The dog dying, I mean, the only thing that explains it and ties it all together. Was his daughter's initial thought was carbon monoxide poisoning, but the fire department came and said there wasn't a leak.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of mystery to this. Yeah.
Speaker 14: By the way, Dan, just to kind of add to that. On Martina today, we took a call about a gentleman who has just been diagnosed with stage four cancer and wanted to take his own life. And I wasn't under the impression that Colorado had a program like that, but apparently there is something like that. But Mark and Suzanne and pretty much the whole Martino people talked him out of it.
Speaker 1: Well, good, good, and yeah. And I was unaware Colorado had that program until I was talking to a friend who was talking about a friend of theirs who had just done it, and I was like, oh, omge, hey, let's go to the phone lines. Because I that Gene Heckman's story. I wanted to go off on a tangent to how many years of difference is too many, like in a relationship, Amy and I are nine years apart, and that seems to have worked out very well at least for me. Dean and Arvada, you're on the Dan Kaplis, she'll welcome.
Speaker 12: Hey, Dan, good evening. The reason I was Colin, You know, Elon Musk is getting hammered by liberal media outlets like The View, et cetera. I would think that if he goes after any of these places with a libel lawsuit, he's going to destroy him. They can't. They can't fight a guy with that much money.
Speaker 1: You know that. That's a great point, Deing, And I bet that day is coming soon, and that will be a great day, assuming he's truly libeled, because it's great now when we see Trump and others step up and say, wait a second. The standard's high under New York Times v. Sullivan, but there's still a standard, and because the left have gotten to the point where it just flat lies about people and then just assumes they won't sue him. So I bet you're right about that. Yeah, I bet you're right.
Speaker 12: I have one question, Yeah, I have one question. Can he actually go after what was that lady's name you just said on the air from the view person instead of going after the view Oh you could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but listen, I'd have to replay her comments to see if there's anything defamatory in there.
Speaker 12: Okay, well he said a part time member and all whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 12: She was, oh, yeah, yeah about that. But I'm just curious if they say it personally, even on the air them.
Speaker 1: No, you can do both, Yeah, you can do both. Yeah, thank you man. I appreciate the call. Appreciate the call from Dean. And if we have time right now, and maybe i'll do it later in the show, i'd play those comments back and we'd use him as an example of what's defamation against a public figure and what isn't. And then starting point right is whether it's a public figure or a private person, it's got to be a statement of fact. It cannot be opinion. So I don't remember to you Ryan, if joy Behard made a statement of fact, yes, that Musk had supported a part.
Speaker 3: Time Yeah, that he was pro apartheid. Absolutely. I have the clip right here. We might as well just revisit her right now. We have time and just listen, really click carefully.
Speaker 9: Anyone Musk kisses his butt and strokes his his tiny ego or a big ego, whatever it is, and he doesn't get to do he can take a nap while the guy was not born in this country, who was born under apartheid in South Africa, so has that mentality going on. He was pro apartheid, as I understand it.
Speaker 2: So that's the part that we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay. So if it's a statement of fact and it's an untrue statement of fact, now here's where it gets tough with the public figure, right, you'd have to be able to prove that she knew it was false or had a reckless disregard for whether it was true. Now, if you're talking about a private person, that's going to be a much lower standard. So thank you for playing that. That's a good example. Let's go to Ryan in Roxborough. You're on the Dan CAPLI show. Welcome Ryan.
Speaker 12: Hey, how you doing, Dan good Man?
Speaker 15: I just wanted to say that I agree with your assessant of Elon munk Can. I honestly support everything that he does. But I have a real concern a blowback here with the DOGE and the hiring of all these very low level employees, which again I'm not against, but if they don't start like bringing heads to the table, hire ups who are responsible for actually the misuse spending of a lot of this money by.
Speaker 12: The billions, and they only fire low level people.
Speaker 10: I just feel like.
Speaker 1: They're great, thought right. Thank you for that. We're about to get a hard newsbreak. Let me continue that on the other side, and why Musk is going to be so successful