Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Giant BombCast September seventeenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to John Podcast Episode eight fifty eight, powered by NZXC. I am your host. Cham Oh show up joining me. Co captain of the ship. He has collected all of the box and then someone. He's training the young gimmicks to be collective thunds and get trophies because the Grub household is a trophy household.
Speaker 3: Jeff Grubb, I'm also a co captain of a plane. I'll explain that later later this week. I can't say anymore, but I flew a jet, so you guys can watch that later this week.
Speaker 2: Are our own jet, our own man of the skies, the world traveler, our own mister worldwide. We call him Pitbull and we yelled Dolly every time he enters a meeting.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm right there with Grub on the box.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I learned about the four an Astro's playroom. I played it and I looked at the leaderboards, and Grub you and I are literally like a few tenths of a second away from each other on the total leaderboard on Astrobot. So comes speed run time on Astro's playroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah right, and I'm ahead Dan, I was far away from the screen and details are left out, is all I'm noticing.
Speaker 4: We're literally like that, like we're that close, which means.
Speaker 1: Why can't closer? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're past Astrobot Current of the future. So we're gonna get on that once it releases.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to a tenth of a second. He's always close to you, he's always around you. He's always with an earshot because he's a close talker. No he's not, Actually he's he's the bad boy of games media from games Beat, like Manati.
Speaker 5: I think those four extra bots in Astro's play roum is a bunch of bull crap.
Speaker 1: Those don't count. That's not wow. Come over with the fire. It takes like fifteen minutes. Just go do it.
Speaker 5: I got my platinum and I didn't have to get them. They're not do you yo know I have to play more Astrobots. Yeah right, I'm going to get them. I just think it's a bunch of bull crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the problems, don't you You don't you don't think that Seeing three hundred and five out of three hundred is cool. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: That reel one is cooler, no better, that's a real five out of three h five, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Does it still say three hundred underneath five?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry Pokemon Red and Blue Brain, where it's like one fifty was a nice round number, then it's just one more because of Mew.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Speaking about cool, we have our own Mew of the website. That's right. Uh, it comes in and out. A little fairy adjacent the little uber powerful. You can find her underneath the truck. I've been told by urban legend Lucy James games Hi, Lucy, I forgot where I told this story, but I saw you over the weekend this past week, but one of the weekends, and then I was like, oh, it's not Lucy James. And then, for whatever reason, I decided the best course of action is to roll my window down and yell your name and then like a gunshot sound, and then like I just look at my rear view mirror and I just see you politely, like lean over, hello, Hello.
Speaker 3: She's used to the assassination attempt at this point, so it's not mattering after all.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my cat, what'd your cat do.
Speaker 6: It's just like you jumped into a box that she's trying to mess up. But no, so I had gone. I was having a weirdly productive morning and I went to Target. I bought a bunch of stuff to do my meal prep with, and then I saw you on the way back. I think I texted you with ah, but in like a nice way, and then you immediately bless. You went, oh my god, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have yelled to you. That was really probably really scary. I was like, no, it's fine.
Speaker 2: It felt like I was in Cheers a hey, And that's that's my main goals. Just I just want to make everyone feel like they are Cheers or the hit show Becker.
Speaker 5: Now we're so mad at Becker. Hey, I got a weird package today.
Speaker 4: Oh you did?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder if any of you responsible. I said it was from a Peter. It was a dressed to a mic.
Speaker 2: Don't dock yourself again, please, I'm not talking to myself.
Speaker 5: It's out of the package already. It's a Noob's blanket from the Movie's just the poster of Noobes.
Speaker 1: God, you love that blanket much.
Speaker 4: He made everyone go into his hotel room to watch it, and then he's buying blankets of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's funny, comfy.
Speaker 1: Who's Peter.
Speaker 4: It seems like that's probably a Backlar thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was probably probably Backlar.
Speaker 6: I thought you said move OBEs.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's his favorite movie Nubs for.
Speaker 6: Are you guys leaving the party to go watch this?
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, just kind of stay.
Speaker 3: We got we got several people to come with us, and they basically all dropped out except for Felix, who survived the whole thing. Everyone else is like, I can't handle this and left, like ten to twenty minutes watching news.
Speaker 5: And my hotel room. It gets my will while while I apparently had COVID.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I challenge my people this weekend to make it ten minutes into news, which you can watch in its entirety on YouTube, and even ten minutes then is very rough and a lot of people dropped out.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's bad. It's the worst thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Sabrina Carpenter on that blanket.
Speaker 4: No, no, she has one big moment in that, but she's not throughout the.
Speaker 1: Here's the whole movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's the best actress in the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, besides Get receiving odd mystery gifts from Peter in the mail.
Speaker 1: Why is it from Peter? I don't know that. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have no since address. I know where they're from. I'm not gonna dos them.
Speaker 1: It was Dan Reichert that said it to you, Come on Jersey. Jersey was probably.
Speaker 5: We don't know DB's rol name could be. Peter really loved all our content. It was really up to speed with all the jokes.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: The thing is, if you look at our YouTube demographic, we hit a spike with an eight to fourteen year old demo.
Speaker 1: That's all because of demo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Lucy Howard, thanks, what's popping? O good?
Speaker 6: I went viral on pilot Instagram the last couple of weeks, which has been weird Instagram. So when I was flying to packs, I took a really good video of the storm that yeah.
Speaker 1: Thats up Dad video rules Yeah yeah, I was like, just like, as a as a dad, can I say very good video? Good ship?
Speaker 6: So I've gone viral on like dad Pilot, Instagram, nic and I had I'm having some weird interactions with bigger accounts who are trying.
Speaker 1: To steal my content? Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: I had this one Argentinian account that were like can we repost?
Speaker 4: Can we?
Speaker 6: And they were like can we use your real because it flew over storm. I think it was the storm that messed up Dan's place. And it was basically like, we look at hundreds of videos per day, yours won't be missed. And I was like, okay, well wow, you could just like retreat or whatever the Instagram equivalent is on you don't have to like take my video. But anyway, that's been like I don't know, I only ever used Instagram to post selfies, obnoxious selfies, and pictures of my cats. So it's a whole new world of becoming Instagram influence, but only specifically catering to the pilot market.
Speaker 2: Look at this video again right now, cro calm down, come down, It's really good.
Speaker 4: Well Mikey came in shoot Hot to the Mike test today.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: He did well, mostly because we didn't tell him the code to get into the room, so he was I forget there.
Speaker 2: I forget that. He's not on our slack. Everyone else is on our slack, except that's his fault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, it's not fun being left out.
Speaker 6: Wait, Mike, you have you slack it games b right, can't we just yeah? I do?
Speaker 4: Is like a oh yeah, we have other people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have other weasly have everyone except for him.
Speaker 1: No, I'm like weird about it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, that's like the one thing that I'm not doing, like like that's my one like thing of separation. We're like, I'm you know, I'm I'm there, but I don't totally work there yet because.
Speaker 4: I'm invited multiple times. Yeah, you have been invited several times. According to Turbo Sean, I think.
Speaker 2: Even Backlar sent you one. He was like, oh we should Mike in here.
Speaker 1: Was maybe you should be in there. Actually, why why were you so angry?
Speaker 4: Mikey?
Speaker 5: I was angry because dance is doing too well in the uh Fantasy Critic because UFO fifty he's got like a ninety one.
Speaker 1: But then you were all working me up.
Speaker 5: I was like, it's okay, I have Plucky Squire and you two are like, have you plate it because it's bad? He said, we didn't say it was bad. I was sweating here, like worried about that. It turns out it's like an eighty six, right, now my best friend Tamore, who's saying on Twitter, tweeted, play Plucky Squire. It's incredible. Turns out you two are just a bunch of cynical, funny duddies who don't know real joy anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a funny I'm a doddy, right, all right, Well, you know we talked about we brought up the games. Let's talk about games.
Speaker 1: There it goes.
Speaker 4: It's not bad, and no one said it was bad.
Speaker 1: Chat to me like, fuck off, my.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I agree, all right, we have a great dynamic lea tim Oh that's very funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, I haven't played Plucky Squire, but our own two Plucky Squires have boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah into it? Are you grub I'm like an hour and a half or so, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're probably where I'm at. I started up on a plane, played like an houri stop.
Speaker 3: You were just like this was for me. This game looks like it's for me for me too. Looks like a great like kind of a twist on the Zelda formula. For people that don't know, Plucky Squire is a little character in a book. It's like a hand drawn look that is fantastic, and then due to the events of the story, the character actually gets zooped out of the book and we can run around into the three D bedroom that the book exists in. It's a very cool concept that I was into. So that's that's the stage.
Speaker 4: So when you get out of the book, it's a tiny guy, big world thing, which I also love that platformer and twoty platformer. It's all this stuff that I like. It does a punch out section very early in the game. Oh now it's just punch out, and then Zelda it's got side scrolling, you know, platforming. The thing is first of all, I hate in the side scrolling parts. You got to use the fucking analog stick. I have a visceral like anytime you have to use it's like using an analog stick in a Tony Hawk game. It's like that, this is not right, you know. But all of the actual overworld Zelda type stuff is fine. It all looks incredible. The style is a plus in this game. I have found the actual Zelda overworld parts being just very I don't feels I'm drum Look, we've all played a million Zelda likes and stuff like that, and this is not one that would stand out. If it was not for the art style, the overworld Zelda stuff would not stand out in any way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the magic trick works.
Speaker 3: The actually the way the game looks when you're in the Storybook fantastic, the way it looks when you're in the Little Guy in Big World fantastic. Jumping between those two things is cool, but it's pretty much like you're just gonna do the thing that they put in front of you. Also, every sort of set new section you go to, at least so far in the game, has done the thing where it's like the camera shows you exactly what you're supposed to go do.
Speaker 6: Oh is that why people were subtweeting?
Speaker 1: I think that might have been what people that bought as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's it's maybe I don't hate it quite as much as some people, but I I mean maybe the fact that they mentioned it did set that off, and I'm like, this is kind of annoying. The problem is there's not much variation in like what you can do, so it's like it's showing you what you're gonna do, then go do it. That's where I kind of was getting at a little bored. I think it's just not keeping me engaged.
Speaker 4: I wanted it to use. Like it has certain gimmicks that introduces like almost like the Baba is you wordplay type thing where it's like you'll see there's a gate that's closed, and then you'll see words and say like the blank swung blank, and you find the word gate and open and you literally throw the word in it as you yeah, yeah, and it's you know, I wanted kind of more of that. So it like introduces a lot of gimmicks that just wind up not feeling like more than brief gimmicks, Like occasionally the book will turn vertical and it's almost like a contrast style. You know, a platform up in cinderfold. Yeah, that's clever stuff, but you know, you see these gimmicks a few times, it doesn't really take them super far, and then the actual moment to moment platforming and gameplay stuff is not super engaging. Creanted, we're not very far in.
Speaker 1: We're not very far in. Yeah, and that's when like maybe some of the stuff like lessons and opens up, Like for example, I'm like kind of holding back on this criticism where it's like they take controls away very frequently, like to be like here, let's tell a little story, or here is like to have the camera show you with what's going on, and it's it's like, I hope that goes away because it just is ruining all the momentum that this game has.
Speaker 2: How is this story so far? I know it's it's cute.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put it. I put it in front of the kids.
Speaker 3: I put it in front of the kids for the preview period though, and they have not like been like, oh hey, what's happening with Plucky Squire Astrobot?
Speaker 1: They are like that is god.
Speaker 3: Kid comes from the school, runs right down here, doesn't say hi to me and starts playing astroby. Plucky Squire is like not really sort of hit them in the same way. I'm gonna give it another shot because I do think this is a game that a lot of kids probably will get into. And I think this, like I said, the story is cute and like the Moonbeard the wizard and he's like a hip, cool wizard, which I mean, I don't know. It's not working for me a ton, but I don't have any problem with it either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a lot of that. Here's this character who's like, oh, he's in the metal in his name is Thrash and he does. It's just like it's all just very kind of like lay up easy, just like I don't know, it's not doing it for me at all, that the tone of it. Steve doesn't like it either. Steve's been playing a lot of Astrobots, so yeah, it was fine right now. So Steve, you don't want to get on camera.
Speaker 2: But come on, we don't want to put kids on camera.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, of course I'm going to keep playing it. It seems like a good playing game runs great on the Steam deck, so I will give it another shot. But yeah, I played like maybe an hour hour and a half on a flight and then I stopped and loaded the Wild Bastards skin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I played on the PC with like all the graphic setting, so it does look fantastic. But yeah, I uh, I don't know, it's just not for me. I think it's probably what's happening here, especially based seeing a lot of these reviews. Although to be fair, I have talked to some other people that it's kind of said some of the same stuff we've been saying Dan, So it's I think there will be a little bit of a backlash year. I don't like it's gonna be some game that people think is trash, though. I just think I was a little bit disengaged by it.
Speaker 1: I'm right there, twee for the both of you. Perhaps I don't I like.
Speaker 3: Like sugary cuteness, though, if you have to, like give me like grim Dark or Blue Sky, like Creola colored cran Worlds, I'm going to take the creole of Colored cran world every time.
Speaker 1: So Kirby, Yeah, I love Kirby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mario like that's all my shit, So that's not really turning me off. I think it's just that they have that sauce on that side of things, and then when I'm playing the game, it's a little sauceless.
Speaker 1: That's kind of where I see I'm falling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not a verse to that. Something I love Astrobot Mario doesn't have to be super violent, crazy stuff. It's but yeah, it's just the gameplay itself has been a bit boring.
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it? Dan? You mentioned it well talking about games you might switch over to. But you've also been playing Wild Bastards.
Speaker 4: I beat it last night and I am immediately going to be starting up the new mode that opens up. This is a game that like a lot of what's Mike? Why is Mike doing? That's final?
Speaker 1: Because you said you beat it last night.
Speaker 4: Oh God, go back and watch what a for a whack off joke?
Speaker 2: God? Wow, I'm not going to ask you Mike check questions anymore. Okay, I don't know, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know.
Speaker 1: You didn't keep it in.
Speaker 4: Go back and watch your face when I said I beat it last night.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that I have an expressive face.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can you concealed, don't feel just like else's parents.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm sorry, but over like on the game mess, I've been conditioned to laugh at this. The soundboard is nothing but people saying, you know, I beat it. Oh there's the one off jake like, oh you beat it?
Speaker 1: You beat it?
Speaker 4: In my mind.
Speaker 2: Exactly, I realized how much of a character I've become on y'all's podcast because boys clips that Sean is carrying it up and putting into a bank.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Dan, please continue.
Speaker 5: That didn't need to disrupt you by incredibly you cartoon like express.
Speaker 2: My face, you wild bastard of media.
Speaker 4: So back to business. I beat it last night. I'll beat it again.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on what Mike works that games beat? Yes, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I never put that together. Sus website, we cannot. Audio listeners don't work. This is only going to go on for another thirty or forty years. Just relax. We don't eat your comments. Okay, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: No no, no, give us the comments even if you don't like it. Just comments on anyway, like, okay, we're done, Dan Wild Bastards, you beat it. I beat it great.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love this game. I know some of the reviews were kind of like middling or you know seven's or you know, two out of five stuff like that, which I was very surprised to see because you know, I was playing a pre release with several people and we were talking like everyone I've talked was like, fucking loves it. And apparently not everyone loves it. But it's the spiritual successor to Void Bastards. You play that, it's a different like, it's much quicker. There's no U there's not a lot of stealth really at all in it. I know Voyd Bastards had more of that. This is more you're dropping into these combat encounters, these tiny like arena fights sometimes they're over in ten seconds, like each one of these bastards. Basically, you're going through space, you're collecting your crew, you're dropping out on these like wild West planets, and everyone on your crew has a stunt, which is like an ultra and if you pick up juice on the field, you can use your stunt. So some of them are like those are some of my favorite things. So like Smoky is this like Smoky fire Skeleton guy and his stunt is three random enemies on the stage we'll catch on fire. So sometimes you'll drop down and the three enemies are like these three coyote type things that die pretty quickly, so you can literally start a level, grab some juice, pop your stunt, and then you know they're all dead and you go back up. So yeah, it is kind of confusing at first because it is throwing a lot of stuff at you and it's not holding your hand. Everyone I've talked to you that's played this has had the first like hour be like, okay, wait, so what's the stuff that's persistent. What's this like planet level, what's this galaxy level? It is there's a lot of different systems at play, but if you just play the game. I think within an hour, less than an hour, it'll all kind of click and it's just the loop is incredible as just like dropping down quick Encounter is very easy to back out at any point it once you figure out what is persistent, Like you pick up these ace cards and those are like persistent perks that even if you die, you keep all that stuff. It's there's there's like over I'll say there's over ten bastards you can get, and there's only one of them I really don't like. But it's great when like you see the enemies in the stage, you're gonna be like, oh, it's all these animals. It's snakes and coyotes, and I've got this one guy who's like a trapper and his stunt is when you pop it, you will subvert one of them and turn them to your side. So you can really kind of break the game in a lot of cool ways if you prepare correctly, and a lot of these characters can get overpowered with the aces and everything in a fun way. But yeah, really really satisfying loop, really great, great another great great Steam That game made a flight fly by for me. Yeah, it's if you like void bastards at all. I like this more than void bastards, and I was pretty upse with that up time.
Speaker 1: I used to it real quick. So you're like the core loop here is for the gameplay. For the gunplay, I should say, you're going out there, you're shooting, You're trying to find this juice? Is it? Like what do you can do to get that?
Speaker 4: That's just your ultra. Like if you don't want to go your ultra, you can just go around, like okay, uh Spider Rosa is this character who's got double pistols, and you just go around. You can just kill everything and then you go back up to the planet. The loop you're trying to do on each planet is they will have bonuses, so like scattered across the map, almost like a board game type thing. There will be Here's an ace, which is that persistent thing. Here's money, which a sack of money which you can spend just on this run. Here's if you go over to this thing, you can destroy a roadblock, which a roadblock is a part on the map that like you'll encounter a bunch of enemies. If I pick this thing up, I'll subvert half the enemies at this roadblock. So when you go in, a bunch of them will be on your side, so it's like that board game level. And then you drop down into these combat encounters, kill a bunch of things, and then try to move on to get the next bonus before you get to the like warp that warps you back up to the galaxy level, and then you progress through like the sector, which is you know, like in a rogue light where there's just like, here's this area you have to go through, and at the end there's a level where you get another bastard, another person to join your team. Basically, that's the general loop, and it's again it sounds confusing, and when you start it feels confusing, but once once it clicks, it's like, oh, this is an awesome, awesome loop.
Speaker 3: And you're talking about like the map, like the going from level to levels sort of like an FTL or one of these other ruguelikes that has the sort of on a map.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, cool, exactly.
Speaker 4: That's the galaxy level, and then the planet level is like a board game kind of branching paths and enemies and bonuses and stuff. Yeah, and then the actual FPS combat at the lowest level.
Speaker 3: And you think that is like solid in and works for you. Like it's just fun to go in there and shoot things.
Speaker 4: Super fun. Like the actual like on the ground type stuff is really like you're like hacking security, so like all these turrets and stuff are working for you. Like there's just you know, I got this one character, Brimstone that's she's like a preacher and she's got a minigun, and I put all these aces on her, so like all of her bullets have fire on them, but also her stunt heals me with every bullet. And now when I get shot, there's a seventy five percent of health coming out. So like even if I'm taking damage, I've built turn away where it's just like health power ups are flying out of for like crazy, and all of my bullets are like burning them and healing me. It's uh, really really cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give this a try.
Speaker 2: I wasn't super I didn't really catch on to Void Bastards, but everything you're talking about here dan very very enticing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's it'll be my top ten of year.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure Void Basterds had that like oxygen mechanic right where it's like you had limited oxygen each time you went on a ship. Is is there something equivalent to that or is that sort of just scrapped here.
Speaker 4: So when you're on the planet level, basically there's turn so there's a day and night cycle, so you know you're let's say, okay, this these two caricters. By the way, you can drop several bastards down to the planet level at one time. So let's say you have four and you're moving them around separately throughout the map, and each one will have like this person can move six spaces, this one can move four spaces, and you can level that type of stuff up and everything, and if you take too much time, these these dudes will come down. It's like a McNeil guy or like these like sons of the Bad Guys or whatever will come down on horseback and they will chase you. And those are like tougher encounters. So basically, if you spend too much time fucking around on the planet level, these tougher enemies will warp down and then chase you on the map, and if they get to you, you have to have like an actual FPS like showdown with them.
Speaker 1: Okay, very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, speaking about dropping down into a planet. A game that we've been playing here on the website, something very twee, very twee, very lighthearted. Is Warhammer forty K Spice Marine two? Holy smokes, y'all? Yeah, this game I want. I don't want to play as much of it because I want to play most of it on the website, but I can't stop thinking about Space Marine, and I hate that it's infected my brain. I hate that I'm thinking about Warhammer.
Speaker 6: Are you going to stop painting?
Speaker 2: I'm terrible at painting. I'm terrible at craft, so probably not funny.
Speaker 1: Funny, Yeah, I think if you believe in yourself a little bit. Yeah, Mooky is kind of like a craft. Uh, this this game is nothing.
Speaker 5: Mike, I don't know, but so internally giggling about the beating it last night.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to beat it together with my best friends on the website and beat it in public, okay, on this website live god. Warhammer turns out. I don't know if the nerds were hiding this, but Warhammer's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Are you saying the Warhammer nerds a gatekeeping Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Did none of you play the first Space Marine then.
Speaker 6: Played Dark Tide.
Speaker 1: I played Dark Tide and Vermin Tide a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dark Tight and Vermin Tide.
Speaker 3: We should we should just go back to the whatever the Dark Tide that's the space one that yeah, because that's a lot of fun too, and.
Speaker 1: I like the Left four Dead stop play.
Speaker 3: But this is this is really hitting very hard for me because it's just like this does have a good core combat loop of here's a bunch of of enemies coming in you in you know, kind.
Speaker 1: Of waves as you work through the level, yes.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna pick up guns around level or you're gonna have your load out whatever you want to use, and then like you're gonna shoot them as they get close. You're going to start hitting in with the chainsword or your big knife, and then if you kind of get a little overwhelmed, you'll hold down on your melee attack and you'll do a big stop you kind of knock them back, and then you shoot them with a gun and then you execute them and in that time you probably lost a little bit of your shields. But now that you're executing them, that recharges your shields. What I kind of don't need anything more than that, especially when it's all goofy and bloody and awesome and the guys are yelling crazy stuff like for the Emperor and you're emperors, Jesus Christ and stuff like that, and I'm like, Okay, I'm having a good time.
Speaker 4: In the co op part of it. It really does remind me of like all the fun I had. Like I know, some people don't like when you compare it to Gears of War, but play this game. It's going to remind your Gears of War. But the co op my favorite time is doing that. Yeah, it's both the gunplay and the like the melee stuff works really well. That's the thing Gear has never had, is like really solid melee stuff, but this has a decent like you know, holding RB to kind of like knock people back and then you can do that like RT shoot execute thing.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: You know the co ops have really zero vibes and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, realizing that you like, oh, we have different power ups, so different ultimates, like you had the scream and I'm like, oh, i have a buff for all of us, a buff zone, so I'll just lay this down once things get a little hairy. And then they changed that up and we did a level where you get a jet pack and I just went jets forever and a bit like it was yeah, so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had a really awesome butt stomp video game Butt Stomps Future sixty.
Speaker 1: Four absolutely Yoshi's Island. Yeah, you could be the hover and shoot or you can do the butt stomp and and like you could cover these wide chasms because the the the jump with the with the jet pack takes you up super high and then you can.
Speaker 3: Kind of butt stop all the way across the level and it just jets you down to the ground and it feels so awesome. So it kind of feels like one of those games we're like, all right, we have this world of like big dudes shooting things.
Speaker 1: Let's just do things that we think are cool.
Speaker 3: And that's what it feels like they did at every turn, And right now I'm like, yeah, that this is also very cool.
Speaker 4: And the balancing on the default difficulty, I think it's perfect because like we're dying on occasion we have to like, oh shit, I gotta come re by you. But like it's not like it's the type of thing where we could beat it the first time. You go ahead and laugh, Mike and then I actually laughed at that one.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 4: But like it wouldn't be that difficult. But then, like I'm liking it so much like Gears, it might be fun to go back on like you know, the hard Yeah, I love doing that on Gears, like once you kind of really know how the game flow works and the weapons and everything.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what you said about the difficulty, it's interesting, Dan, because like sometimes I'll be beating my head against and repeating a second sus to be come.
Speaker 1: On, I threw this word forever. God, we can't say this word anymore.
Speaker 3: We got we got to put the word in the Nope, I can't say that bucket where we put the C word.
Speaker 5: Yeah, rhys at that place where plate bid works.
Speaker 1: Yeahs away.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you know, difficulty is really well balanced because you're not repeating a level or a segment multiple times. Checkpointing is very generous.
Speaker 3: Also, It's like I think guys are right, like it's right in that good balance zone where most of the time we are just shooting the shit or or I'm just like zoning out like oh this is fun just to shoot guys, and then occasionally it's like okay, time to walk in. Uh, here's what I'm doing. Here's Oh, I see you guys fighting over there. I will put down my buff zone for you guys so you guys can get buffed up and survive this encounter. And then I'll go over here try to reload my AMMO, and then if I die, can someone come save me? And like we're actually talking to each other about the actual tactics. Occasionally it's not constant, which I think is the right fit for the fuel of the game and kind of what I wanted from it.
Speaker 4: I feel like, like like a Fortnite or Hell Divers, those are other ones where it's like, you know, as you're going from point A to point B or whatever, you can just kind of chat and catch up with the friends and stuff. But then there are moments it's like, oh, we actually really have to coordinate and play this video game, you know.
Speaker 2: I hope for fans of Warhammer that the story is hitting them because it's completely bouncing off of me because it all seems so dense.
Speaker 3: There's an arch magos who who's on a helicopter and it crashed and then but they thought it was an accident, but then he got like super stabbed and so they're like, oh, no, he was betrayed. So we have traders, and now we're going after some traders, and the trader for a story like this has to be a character we've met before, right, Isn't that how that works?
Speaker 2: So do you guys think it's probably gonna be us or something?
Speaker 1: You know, gonna be one of us? One of us?
Speaker 4: Do you know that in the Warhammer world that the orcs paint their cars red because it makes them think, because they think it makes the car faster, and because they believe it works.
Speaker 1: Red shift.
Speaker 4: I was talking Nni Caravella apparently is a big Warhammer guy, and he was explaining a lot of this stuff and he's waiting.
Speaker 2: For that to hit you, Dan, because like, the only other person on this website that's talked about Warhammer is Vinnie Caravella.
Speaker 4: I've never heard Anny bring up war Hammer once in my life, but we had a longer conversation about it last night, and uh, yeah, the Warhammer Lowarers sounds pretty like fucking weird and fun.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna like because it doesn't Mahardy love that the RTS Warhammer games a lot, and you like and now you like Warhammer.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe check this. Ever played a total war game?
Speaker 4: Dan, I want to build a big es days now.
Speaker 1: Those total war games are very fun.
Speaker 3: I haven't played one since like my PC in the late early two thousands or whatever, Rome Rome, I played total and that was.
Speaker 1: What about it? Very cool?
Speaker 5: We'll talk about Donna war a lot is like one of the best artist games ever?
Speaker 4: Is that the Warhammer one? That's the Warhammer one?
Speaker 2: Speaking about Warhammer offshoots, uh, I have been heavily considering checking out Warhammer mcconnicus because that is the x colm like Warhammer game and like you know, your boy likes tiles. Your boy like tactics, and that's why I've put more time into tactical each Wizards.
Speaker 6: Great game.
Speaker 1: Great game, y'all.
Speaker 2: I think this is I keep shuffling stuff around in my like top five. I think this is gonna be in the top five for Tiles of the year, for sure, Tiles of the year. Lucy, you've you've been playing a bit of this, haven't you?
Speaker 6: Yes, I have, but I haven't. I was playing it on the way to pack. Jellybean, I swear to God, get off.
Speaker 1: My She's a star.
Speaker 2: Jelly bean, please get off my head.
Speaker 6: Drones. Yes, I just really like the vibe of it. It's so funny, it's really well written. Like I don't I never thought I would play a tactical game where I actually am excited about cutscenes. I'm usually more excited about tiles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, it's great, good.
Speaker 6: It's very funny. Also, just like you know, it's very I think once you get into it and like once you're doing runs and stuff, it's it's very frictionless in terms of like experimentation with restarting things. And also it's just really cool to breach a bloody door and then kick someone to have a window.
Speaker 3: Yes, uh, defastration that the defense definstration record, defenestration, defenestrate d.
Speaker 4: E F E N I S t R A t E E.
Speaker 2: He's already he's already disqualify because he is not the eye. He didn't say defenestrate first, and then I don't have it in front of me. I can't. I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: Probably I think it was not an eye, was an e Yeah, ship, okay, defend that straight. Yeah, that means throwing people out windows, which is this is a definestration based game which rules.
Speaker 1: It's so fun.
Speaker 3: They know how fun it is to just blast someone with magic, have him fly through the window. The window makes the crashing sound, and then they're just gone. And they even make the point of like, oh, there's a little thing out there that kind of like keeps them floating in air so they're not dying, which I don't really care. But the game is like making a deal, like I're not killing everybody. I'm like whatever, I just like throwing them out windows.
Speaker 4: Appreciate mooting them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a real quick and speedy game. Like Lucy's spot on about it being frictionless, because if you don't care about any of like a little side chat, side banter, and you just want to skip through it, you completely can. And it doesn't quite. It doesn't really affect your story too much other than adding a little bit of flavor text to everything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Greb.
Speaker 5: Lost audio halfway through laughing at something you hate bet all right.
Speaker 2: Fun great. I hope he doesn't. I hope he keeps on recording anyway. Tactical Breach Wizards. It's it's just so fast and so good. It hasn't hit me. It doesn't quite operate at the speed that an Into the Breach does, but it is also scratching that itch, and this further worries me, y'all for the prospects of a future Final Fantasy Tactics remaster.
Speaker 6: Because oh, you'll lose yourself to it.
Speaker 2: No, not because I'm gonna lose myself to it, but because I think it's gonna I'm it won't be for me anymore because I fell off games like Triangle Strategy because it was just like too heavy and too ensconced into like the old form of like tile based tactics and hasn't moved forward. The Tactical Breach was just like saw Boom boom boom along with Into the Breach and like other modern Tactics games. Yeah, yeah, I kind of want more x com But at the same time, I'd be curious to check out modernizing Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced and seeing if they can beef up that snowball fight.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, well, Grub is still away fixing his audio woes. Let's talk about a game he has absolutely no interest in. Astrobot.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he's back, nuts, I got the.
Speaker 6: Ya, So I have questions. Can you get the Platinum without completing all of the challenge levels.
Speaker 1: No, OK, I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: There's fun which there's one one or two that were I think we're kind of like fifteen or twenty tries for me.
Speaker 1: Which one is giving you the hard time?
Speaker 6: Lucy the circle pricks circle?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: So the problem is is that I have really bad repairitive strain injury that is really really exacerbated by the dual Sense. And so yes, the Dual Sense, Thank you PlayStation provided by PlayStation. They did give me the Astrobot Juel Sense. Oh, it's great.
Speaker 5: I bought one like a scrub that came in yesterday, though it still made me happy.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 6: I know, I love it, but it's like I physically can't use that controller for extended periods of time, especially in like a I don't know, like I'm playing stuff on my PC where I've gone back to the Elite series too. I feel like I bitch about this control all the time. I definitely don't mean too. I'm just like really sad that it just is non suited to my particular ergonomics.
Speaker 2: I started feeling a little bit pain in my arms because of playing Astrobot on the dual sense as well, so you're not alone, Lucy.
Speaker 4: Is it Is it the displacement of the sticks and things like that, or what do you chalk it up to?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think maybe the placement of the sticks. But also the thing is as well, is that the main thing I do on the Elite for comfort is I use the back pedals for face for the face buttons that when you are playing a game way tappen a a lot, for example, is great because it's still you can just like relax and do it. Actually playing an elden Ring that way, it was really fun.
Speaker 4: I put Dodge and Run on a back one.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But the thing is is that I do not want to spend two hundred dollars to potentially not have an issue with the dual sense edge, you know.
Speaker 4: Sure do you have? Things on the back are really like? I like these better than the Elite ones because I use the Elite for elden Ring and it's nice, but.
Speaker 6: Like they they feels like it's going to come off. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these are like in there. I don't even know how to stick these out, but yeah, I have actually liked these a lot. They're nice. But I played all of Astrobod with the non edge one because it looks like Astrobod.
Speaker 6: Because yeah, the thing, like it's a cute controller. I love the haptics. I think Astrobot obviously is the one game that really utilizes those the best. However, Yeah, I just I physically, I physically cannot.
Speaker 1: So I beat. I beat the game, got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, good, we can continue.
Speaker 6: I finished the game. I rolled credits those. Oh my god, I almost cried.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of like it's like that Avengers Portal moment a little bit there.
Speaker 1: It's very very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I have the platinum in playroom. Playroom for some reason. I guess back then my wrists were stronger. Now they feel the withering of age.
Speaker 1: You had those like speed Rim levels, but those weren't really like you.
Speaker 6: Didn't have to get those platinum for those. You didn't have to do this to the platinum.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, Yeah, yeah, it was just finish.
Speaker 6: All of them and collect all the bots or whatever.
Speaker 5: Right, and like like the very last al the game is like another one of those shape levels, and it's it's not really the hardest love in the game too long.
Speaker 4: It's not quite like It's not a Champions Road Mario type thing or anything, but it is one of the more difficult levels.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: This was I had a double check after I got the platinum. This is, in fact the first platinum I ever got.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I just I just normally don't really care, Like I like finish games and I will like one hundred percent them in terms of what the game thinks.
Speaker 1: That means sometimes what it usually is.
Speaker 5: And it was even kind of like this in Astrabat too, so always like here's the hooden trophies, to go find a guide and find out what those are, and then just do what the guide says, like go, you know, make a lower cross and theast to drake take a picture together so you can get a trophy. And the stuff like that does nothing for me, and I usually just don't even care. But like I just it was like a thing. I just like Astrobot so much. I think it deserves it. And plus, like you know, my friends are all getting the platinum. I want to be some loser who doesn't Wow, and I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, Wow, Mike you've never done Mike, you've never done speed run stuff on Astrobot. You should try when it put out the levels, participate in that. Yeah, yeah, it'd be fun to do that with you.
Speaker 5: It's just funny, like just because I did met me, yet I didn't exist.
Speaker 1: He didn't to him.
Speaker 2: No, we were talking about this briefly during while we were playing Space Marine two yesterday. But I think Astrobot is like, as soon as that speed run stuff comes out, I think that is going to be the thing that makes it break big, because it's already starting to pop up on like my various social media channels, Like I've seen more clips since I mentioned it yesterday on TikTok where people are approaching some of these challenge levels in like the weirdest fucking way possible and like why would you do that? Not that they're being more efficient per se, but it's like you're making this harder on yourself by like not throwing the duck. Throw the duck. Damn it, the goddamn duck, and thank you for knowing what I mean. Also, it highlights the thing with me where I would love to do like a simultaneous stream showing all of our p O vs UH attacking a level, because I want to see how different our brains are I already know that they're radically different. But it's funny because when I got to that specific challenge level where we have to use the rubber duck to uh, that.
Speaker 1: Was one of the hardest ones. By the way, that one.
Speaker 2: I love that one.
Speaker 1: That's the way you kind of spotty. Yes, Yeah, we're like the water sprays out and it's like where the water is gonna go on a piece of ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one. It's not like, yeah, go to hell duck. I hope that's not one of the speed run ones because that.
Speaker 1: Is rough so many times now.
Speaker 3: I kind of hope it is because my memory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by Donald's ears, while you talk sh about ducks, it looks like you're just touching.
Speaker 1: Actually, it looks like I'm playing with my nipple.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Emmy got credits last night.
Speaker 2: Lovely.
Speaker 3: She needs she needs help occasionally whenever she does one of those challenge levels, she's like, doesn't want to give up. She's like, can you do this, Marty, And then they just don't think they can do the bosses. I'm like, if you could do the rest of this, you can do these.
Speaker 1: Because they're big and scary.
Speaker 6: The one thing I will say and please within context, because I can imagine this getting taken out of context so easily. Is that, Like, I think, after repeated failures at things like bosses, I think there should be some kind of like more assistance, especially because this game is so targeted towards kids, and like I spoke to Tima Sobe on Friends per second, and they were like, we we approached this game with the fact that we know this is going to be a lot of kids first game, and I think maybe for the next Astrobot there should be a little bit more handholding or at least an option for it for kids. Because yeah, if she's saying that, like, oh, I'm afraid I can't do the bosses, even if she's been empowered, Like if the bosses is going to put her off, just.
Speaker 5: Give her, give her an extra heart, the gold Mario thing that thes do her Mario have right where it's like you feel ten times here, the pea wing when it comes in. Yea, she did, though mostly I helped her with one time when you would do the spinning wheel on the thing on the on the final boss fight and some monsters come out, she gets scared by that, So I helped her with that. Other than that.
Speaker 3: She beat the entire final boss by herself though, so really really impressed, and then she's like, Okay, well can I.
Speaker 1: Keep playing it? Yeah, dude, yeah, you can be playing. There's a lot more to do if you really want to get all the bots. Yeah. I mean she's got like two hundred and twenty or something like that.
Speaker 5: So I know we I know we can't because spoilers, but I wish like we could all say what our favorite bot was or something at least.
Speaker 4: Really there's a lot. Mute it if you want, I'll say mine right.
Speaker 2: Hold on, all right, all right, spoiler alert, spoiler alert. Let me change the thing. Uh, we're going to talk about this. I'm going to time this out. It is nine fifty six for me right now. We're going to talk about this for two minutes. Okay, okay, all right, we started. I'll tell you when now.
Speaker 4: Incredible, crisis.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 4: I saw that fucking dude show up and it said like stressed salary man or something. I was like, there's no way, there's no way. That's a game only I have talked about for like twenty five years. Like mana, he hadn't heard of it. I made him play it. There's no fucking way and it is. It's before that, it was mister Mosquito favorite.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that the one you guys thought I would talk? I was like yeah, I was like, okay, did Jen get mister Mosquito?
Speaker 5: I texted Dan when I got the incredible crisis, the one.
Speaker 4: I couldnot fucking believe that.
Speaker 1: But and you guys all definitely called it. Level four's boss word would be Loco Roco. Right, Oh my.
Speaker 4: Jesu, it's a full on.
Speaker 1: Roco level completely is Loco Roco? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh god, I popped so hard for the persona ones.
Speaker 1: And then the legend of Dragoon Dude. Dragoon Dude.
Speaker 5: There's like a whole Level five trio there. That's but uh my, my big one. I was like, there better be some Ridge Racer and we straight up got lady and I was like, oh they got Ridge Racer Lady.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, So that made me very happy. Why were there so many wipeout dudes?
Speaker 4: Wipe out?
Speaker 1: Hey, I've never thought about a human being once we think about wipeout.
Speaker 4: Wipe out, But I think wipeout is very important to place.
Speaker 1: No wipeout cars, yess that they're dressing up as I don't know matter.
Speaker 5: I think it was just a point of like, well, you know how, like there's like six monkeys and like sometimes okay, we got thirty.
Speaker 2: Seconds a hundred yeah, I lost my ship ye. Also, oh my god, the dark Cloud kids. I started like Batista Shi the controller.
Speaker 5: I laughed went up because like before, Jeff was like, you know, it's like a shame Tony Hawk's not here, and it was like the last bought I got except for the s first bought.
Speaker 1: Was he was very late.
Speaker 3: I got Tug basically just Tony Hawks. Although there is a chance it could be the style.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have done it too.
Speaker 2: Okay, spoilers are over. No, you're right, all right, Astro bought good game. That's definitely gonna The best bot is probably a lock in terms of a category, right, best bought, best power up probably right?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes yeah. Spoilers boilers are done.
Speaker 1: Best best speed run time. It will be me. I'll win the game.
Speaker 2: We'll see, all right, all right, all right, we're talking about.
Speaker 4: You room first. It's good speed urns alread built in if you want to.
Speaker 2: Practice, Mike, were you streaming then, Also, it's like my.
Speaker 1: First streams everything.
Speaker 5: I was still streaming on the PlayStation five even right if I didn't have things set up or hooked up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just picture you in like a Ripley cryo chamber until, like you know, late.
Speaker 5: It's time to entertain. Damn I come out. They say I'm self centered. I don't think people didn't exist until I met them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sometimes I think Damn Truman shows himself and that we all are in like cryostasis until we're needed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, I appreciate you all doing that.
Speaker 5: By the way, incredible work on the Colonne video chat.
Speaker 1: I was very out.
Speaker 5: Yes, all people are like, wow, MICU, Sir Mike so wild and weird in Germany, He's a problem.
Speaker 1: Glad people were finally able to see some of dance over there. Look, I watched it.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't that bad. I was like, I don't really hear the mic Beacon. I don't think I'm yelling here.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, because I had to adjust so many levels on those I.
Speaker 4: Didn't the moment of realization I watched that whole thing with Bonk was that like I'm walking around asking all these questions, trying to figure out how this stuff works. I didn't even think about the fact that I was in a museum, Like that's like the point is like that you can just read about it on the walls. That's like it's everywhere us.
Speaker 1: Is this a tree? Is this coming from a tree?
Speaker 3: As you're standing underneath the trees and in front of the picture of a tree and very much just tree based, everything around you was a tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty funny.
Speaker 4: I don't be able need to explain stuff to me.
Speaker 1: This is a working right, got me pretty bad, dad, But I learned about that on Space.
Speaker 4: Marine last year. It took a while, but we got there. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: Please check it out. Very fun times. I'm still working on the uncut Chocolate Museum cut.
Speaker 5: Like most of the video, it was an eventful trip to the chocolate.
Speaker 2: I think we're lucky that the Perfume Museum was closed that day because then this this travelogue been like five hours.
Speaker 1: That means we can't scream in the church.
Speaker 2: You couldn't, but we can find Troy Baker in the Troy.
Speaker 4: Baker said, licked my asshole, asshole in a church because of us.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I lit a candle. Uh, Okay, is this is this bad? We got some like Christian adjacent people on this podcast right now or formers.
Speaker 6: I was raised Catholic, same school.
Speaker 2: Okay, we went into I forget the name of the church already, something dumb.
Speaker 1: The colon, which apparently is like one of the biggest ones in the world, right one.
Speaker 2: Of the found nothing going inside this spiritual place anyway, literally, but you know, there's a candle, there's a bunch of candles. You're supposed to give a little donation to light the candle. I tried to own Apple Pay a candle.
Speaker 4: I don't think they wouldn't read it.
Speaker 6: I don't think the church is up to date on contact.
Speaker 2: They got they got, they got contact.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: So then I was like, all right, well my Apple pay isn't working. Let me try my car. Still a candle, and I tried my card and then I was like, I thought like, oh, well maybe I can give cash, but all my cash is American, so.
Speaker 1: You don't get a candle. He took a candle.
Speaker 7: Anyway, from so excited about how you're gonna be a hell with him, I will say a pre oh my god, I'm tweating.
Speaker 1: I'm like messaging the hope.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, I used Apple Pay to get a chocolate, but I started the disco instead.
Speaker 2: And you didn't get a chocolate.
Speaker 4: No, I got no chocolate.
Speaker 5: And I tried doing it, wouldn't take my car or whatever. I wanted a second disco.
Speaker 3: The lady that came up explained like she was like did she not see the music was playing that? You got the music plan, right, I.
Speaker 4: Want to get chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, right, you wanted a chocolate, you got music instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got music instead. Chocolate is a feeling. But yeah, go check that Travelog video out. I'm gonna keep plugging it.
Speaker 4: Until around till the end.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, to the end, lovely, lovely time. I was sad that I missed the puppet bar, but then I saw the footage of the puppet bar.
Speaker 6: He didn't smell the puppet boss, so you're fine.
Speaker 4: Can you smell that smell bad?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It was like musty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like it was summer European musk, Like there's.
Speaker 3: Like an unsavory mold growing somewhere you can't see, but you could smell it because it's hot enough.
Speaker 4: But also like very beer mixed in with it. You know that kind of good.
Speaker 6: I think that usually that bar is so busy, it's like so sweaty that the wools are wet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's so humid a table outside. Yes, that was nice.
Speaker 3: It was important that we saw that puppet though. It was Yeah, Tronics autotics.
Speaker 5: I was very excited about the tube intron. I was like, that could be me if I wasn't a real person. Well that's what you were until you were you start being frozen. Yeah, yeah, Dan is our Geppetto. It turns out, Yeah, he kind.
Speaker 1: Of looks like Geppetto.
Speaker 5: Once you get older, you'll be a very good geppettoizing puppets.
Speaker 4: He's a puppet dad. Yeah, it makes Pinocchio, but Pinocchio is a puppet.
Speaker 2: Well, but that was a real buppet.
Speaker 1: His creator Geppetto Drew Care a real boy. So we would just say it's dad, God, why do you hate traditional families like.
Speaker 6: You hate you hate your care?
Speaker 4: What do Drew Cary have to do.
Speaker 1: With any of this?
Speaker 4: He's rumble, He's a hall f Geppetto.
Speaker 1: He was jeepetto what he's in.
Speaker 6: The Sims house party. He hears that it's rocking and he just has to turn up.
Speaker 4: He was eliminated from the two thousand of a Rumble by Cane.
Speaker 1: But I was getting sky racy last time. I was watchings so many random things in thirty seconds. He kills it on that he's a great host.
Speaker 4: On correction, Cane didn't eliminated him. Cane goozled him, and he got scared and said, Drew carry got eliminated himself from the rumble.
Speaker 1: I'd be scared too, Okay, yeah, I'm gonna get your goosel. Yeah, I'd be scared goose? What that?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: You're setting up for jokes on this goose? There's a goozle button in space marine if if a xenomore jumping?
Speaker 6: Yeah, goozl sounds like what's what's like another word for a taint?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I think there is another word. That's what's incredible about that word?
Speaker 1: I think that's the only the meaty bridge or something like that. You made that up. Never heard that before. I've heard that. That's when I was chat thank you for saying so many times stole Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, that's good anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Drew Carrey was in a four TV movie of Geppetto, where Julia Luis Dreyfus is one of the fairies and Usher is in the.
Speaker 6: Movie Merry Christmas xbox Huh A.
Speaker 2: Good, Drew Carrey does not look good in this wig.
Speaker 6: Can you put it in Chat please?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Way?
Speaker 1: Uh? Here where is chat geetos by the way?
Speaker 4: Oh no, wow, that's stupid looking. Yeah, but Julia Louis Dreyfus.
Speaker 1: Looks great, always looks great, beautiful woman.
Speaker 2: No, that's an inappropriate segue, Jeff Grub Yards Rising, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: It's a metroid vana based on Yars Revenge, the Atari game from Howard Scott Warshaw who also made ET. And I always think about that because in the early days of G four they didn't have a lot of bumpers between shows. So a thousand times I saw Howard Scott Warshaw come on in the TV and be like, well.
Speaker 1: Thanks for watching G four.
Speaker 3: I made the worst game of all time ET and with some consider to be the best game of all time Yards Rising. I'm like, well, or Yurs Revenge. I'm like, I've never heard of that game, what are you talking about. I've seen it since it's you know, a really cool, interesting shooter for the Atari. This is way forward kind of taking that foundation and saying let's make a different kind of game and that being a Metroid Vana, and then sprinkle in some references to yours and it has like kind of the same structure in terms of the story, and then it has references to a lot of other Atari stuff where you fight a boss called like the Missile Commander, which I like, and the Metroid style save spots are the space war machines. Those are the first arcade machine, those big yellow monolists with that kind of like stand out towards you or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I like that stuff.
Speaker 3: It is a very solid Metroidvenya in terms of you feel good progressing and getting new abilities and finding new stuff on the map, and they just give you the waypoint of where you're supposed to get to next. You gotta find your own way. There's it's just like hitting all of the it's painting by numbers a little bit in the genre, but I found that that.
Speaker 1: Still works for me. Mostly. The issues are there are like loading screens between like just from walking from one like cell of the map to another sometimes and that's like why does this game need loading screens. It should be much faster than that.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if it does that on every platform, but it was doing for me on both the Steam Deck and on PC. And then the movement's it's kind of stiff, like it's not like you're not gonna feel as cool as you do in METROI Dread or definitely like Prince of Persia The Lost Ground. Those games are s tier Metroid venyas this is just like a solid entry in the genre, and yet I think it's it's still kind of cute and mostly delivers. I did get past like the first map, and then you unlock a second map to explore, and I've definitely lost my momentum with the game in the second map, and now I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it. Almost to beat it, I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it now because of that. But this is another game where like you're playing as kind of a hip young hacker girl and they talk too much. All that stuff is pretty bad. I don't like that stuff. But my kids, especially Emmy's been really into it, so like they sent me like a little yards rising a care package and she just took all that stuff like, this is mine now. She really cares about it, so maybe because of her we'll see through to the end. But yeah, it's kind of hard to recommend because there's so many good metrode venyas sure, and yet if you were like a true Metroid Venue Sico and then I guess if you have any sort of nostalgia for Atari games, which I gotta imagine is a very small portion of the audience at this point. But it worked on me to a certain degree, So yeah, a pretty good way forward. Metroid Venue a big.
Speaker 5: Problem for me just looking at it when they revealed it. I just thought it was kind of an ugly game. I don't know what you will playing it if that bothered you.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's like bland and colorful at the same time. I don't guess, I don't know how to describe it too well, but you're like, I don't think it looks great. But it didn't bother me too much.
Speaker 1: When I was playing.
Speaker 2: Uhh, when the gimmick took the yard stuff away, did you say it's not mine, it's yars now?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, yeah, she got she got a mug. This says yards rising. Now she's like, this is my mug. I'm like, what do you need a mug for special yards Cereal? Yeah? Uh huh. I'm enjoying my stulf in that game, even if it's like I probably won't finish it.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. It was crucial that I delivered that joke because I would play into the next Seguae Dan just like I needed to deliver that joke. You've delivered, you deliver at all costs in this new game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was when I went to the Economi event in London. They had Metal Gear Solid Delta, they had Silent Hill two and also they had this Delivered All Costs, which the embargo was a little later for that one. But yeah, I spend some time with it. It's uh, it's isometric and it really reminded me of like the first two GTAs in terms of you're driving around, but it's not like a super violent game. It's not a crime game necessarily. It's you are delivering stuff and it's got a really really weird sense of humor. It's very kind of setting that like almost like Fallout, like fifties idyllic type thing. But yeah, dialogue was like making me laugh a lot. It's genuinely funny. And then the missions are really weird where it's like, Okay, I got eighty of these stinky melons that I'm trying to sell, but nobody wants to buy them, so I need to drive it around the map to like I'm going to spray pesticide on these melons to get the bugs off them, and then I'm going to take it to like a paint place and paint them to look like new watermelons, and then I'm going to try to sell them back to the guy who didn't want to buy them. And as you're driving around, there's just so many physics and like the watermelons are falling out and you need to have like a minimum of you know, twenty thirty whatever melons before you get there. But it's all that physics based stuff. You got this floppy live swordfish like strapped to the top of your corn.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And here's the thing. Everything is destructful. So you're just driving through houses, You're just destroying all these fences. Like I'm a big for anything where it's like you can just destroy anything. Yes, And this is a lot of just like heavy cool physics on these trucks and stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what that's gonna be my question, because that's what that's why I think it sounds awesome and I have a sucker for that stuff. Like when the truck is like turning in corners, like you feel like it's almost gonna flip over and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Is it that sort of.
Speaker 4: Thing absolutely around and destroying all this stuff and they know it. I think they know the physics is the star of this game because like one of the missions is, oh, we got to deliver these balloons as this marketing stunt for this company, and so they're going to trap fifty balloons to your truck, which means like you go over a ramp and it's your truck is like flying through the air because all these balloons, and it's it's funny, it's fun it's it's very just kind of snappy. You can get out of your truck and there's like little you know, platforming sections and stuff like that. But yeah, was making me laugh a lot, and just driving through the map and destroying shit was super satisfying.
Speaker 3: You know what reminds me of in terms of the look and the feel is that Downhill Mountain game. The biking game you take downhill. This looks like the that where you're taking trucks uphill, but it has the same like isometric view and things. It kind of like looks pretty similar to Yeah, god, this looks very interesting.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: What did they say when this is out? Because on Steam it says to be announced.
Speaker 4: That I don't know if they announced. I want to say they definitely announced the release date for like Silent Hill, right that's out there. Metal He did not have a release date, and I think this did not have a release date. Okay, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We need more sword fishing games.
Speaker 4: Mount Rushmore Swordfish. It's just the Donkey Kong Country Dredge. I think, Oh yeah, look.
Speaker 5: Like we already did Mount Rushmore a fish subsections of fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we wants a lot of fish, y'all. I don't know if y' all know this. Yeah, someone didn't like that idea, folks. We got a couple more games we're going to talk about right after this preaky break and Jeff Grove will hit you with the news right after we take a quick nap starting now.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's the podcast. We're back.
Speaker 2: We still have video games to talk about. I was dreaming of uh uh the three headed dog Cerberus. It is a beast? Uh? A demonic beast? Isn't a demonic beast?
Speaker 4: It's always bad in video games like Devil May Cry, it's a bad dog.
Speaker 1: But no, it's not bad in hades.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's demonic. Sometimes it's altered your beasts, and sometimes I am your beast.
Speaker 1: Really feel Mike, other people automate? Am I that expressive? Yeah, we can read you. It's fine, Listen, this is problem.
Speaker 2: When I was hanging out at Disneyland, I was told by Bailey that, like, hey, it is very apparent that you like none of these alcoholic beverages that I'm making you try. I'm like, you're right, I don't like pickle juice anyway. Damn. I also do like pickles. That's why I didn't try it. I am your Beast, I've heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it is cool. It is one of those like extremely fast paced, like kind of bite size like missions where it's okay, you're gonna go in here, there's nine guards you need to kill, and you are sprinting super fast. It's doing like first person Park Corp stuff. It's kind of how I wanted Mirror's Edge to feel, but it didn't because Mirror's Edge is muddy and boring.
Speaker 5: UH is doing a whole series about how great Mirrors Edge is and has a lot of bad opinions. So no, Mirror's Edge maybe best game in the three sixty era. Continue that's insane.
Speaker 4: Okay, So it's very easy to like you run along wires, enough trees and stuff like that. It's just very very snappy, good FPS mobility stuff. But then also you know you're jumping on a dude's head to kill him, and then like grabbing a knife off the ground, throwing the knife into a dude's head, and then that dude's gun flies up in there and you grab the gun, you shoot another dude to throw the empty gun at a guy, all while you're sprinting, and it all works really like I don't know if it's just like doing a lot of like kind of am assys stuff to make it all work. But I never felt like I had to like super dial in everything. I could just kind of bam bam bam, bam bam bam bam, almost in like that Neon White type of way, you know, whereas you know about that length of levels. I would say roughly, you know, short levels. But it also does the Neon White thing I did not like, where it's like this super fast paced game with all these missions and then between them there's just a bunch of story stuff I don't really care about, and it's it's very like it made more sense in El Paso Elsewhere, which you know, another strange scaffold game, because that was a max pain story type thing. Sure this is very like, oh, you're like this X like CIA type guy or whatever, and there's just like it's just text on a screen with voiceover, and it's like, I don't know if I'm playing pac Man. Between levels, I don't want to be like, yeah, then I saw the pretzel and then I ate the predzeelon Man, It's like, no, I just want to go to the next level. This is that type of game where I just want to play the next thing, and I feel like I have to sit through this thing. Between almost every level, there's these cut scenes.
Speaker 2: Can you skip them at all?
Speaker 4: Or I didn't. I wanted to give it a shot. Uh okay, but I do want to keep playing the game.
Speaker 2: I heard.
Speaker 4: I heard it's pretty short, Like I think you can beat it in like an hour or so, which reminds you of like Children of the Sun kind of the same thing where it's like, I love remember that like Sniper game with the cult and all that, yeah, shortish levels, a certain finite amount of enemies you got to kill and strategize with, and then there was story stuff and Children of the Sun and I was like, all right, let's get to the thing again. But I mean, look, that's my biggest complaint. That's not that bad because the actual like moment. Oh no, maybe my biggest complaint is I did not see leaderboard stuff, which for this feeling, like you know, Children of the Sun did. Neon White did like these you know, short like really kind of almost like stunty type levels of like look how fast I can do all this stuff and the you know.
Speaker 5: Because that was like the best part about Neon White, and I was so good at them that you two quit playing the game.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you played that.
Speaker 5: Top On in the World, top On jur in the World. Actually, okay, yes, why I stopped playing?
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 6: You're right, so, like, are you better or worse than Alex Bonelo?
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have to be better, No, there's wait, well he didn't compete open.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's probably got to invite on slack, but you didn't get the invitation.
Speaker 4: I think he was still in cryo sleep at that point.
Speaker 2: That's right, right until we like spring up, until we Chris Pratt Passenger style woke you up from your sleep like that movie.
Speaker 1: O God, because Amazon like time travel movie.
Speaker 6: No Passengers was a full cinematic release with Jennifer Lawrence the mad prop isn't it my problemaic? Like it could be.
Speaker 5: Fixed as Trevor Lawrence because she's hot, because he's lonely, they just wakes her up to be alone with him forever. But like at the end of the movie, she's fine with it and they're happy, and it's the total bullshit apparently, yeah.
Speaker 6: Huh yeah, oh yeah, the whole that whole movie could have been fixed with her waking up first. That was it. There's like a YouTube video where someone was just like, if she woke up first, it would be fine, But then the rest of it is like, oh, that's.
Speaker 2: Uh. I want to really liking a lot most of the story stuff in El Paso elsewhere, so I'm curious if I will resonate at all.
Speaker 4: With I'm Your Beast, I just feel like nel Passo, it was more of an actual like you know, there were cut scenes and stuff and and and a story. This is like everything I've seen has been text on a screen, you know, very kind of stylized, just voiceover stuff. And I didn't really need it in this game. So but but but the moment to moment like mission stuff is very very well done.
Speaker 2: Speaking about moment to moment stuff getting nailed. Really No, no, no, see sick jan Brain not good now exactly. Field's a mystery of Lucy James.
Speaker 6: What about it? So no, it's uh no, I know, No, I'm about what I was in. I haven't played in a few days. But it's if you're into stadd Us, your Harvest Moons, your Animal Crossings, a hot new bombshell has entered the villa and its fields of mystery, and it's and it's better than the other ones because yeah, there are hot characters.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 6: No, I never really got into Stardu. I think Starred You is isn't like I got into it. What was the friction with Starred You? I think there's just like characters, characters went hard enough. But with fields of mystery. I think they just did a lot of quality of life stuff, a lot of really good onboarding stuff. I like the nineties anime way like character design, and also the fact is magic and so it feels way more manageable, and the town actually feels way more lived in, Like there's a weekly D and D session that you can go and check in on because everyone goes to the pub on a Friday night, so it's like being back at home and it's great. No, it's really cute. I it's in I've said this multiple times, but I think it is the best early access game I've ever played in terms of Polish, in terms of content, and they have a roadmap and they're introducing a bunch of stuff and it's realio. So I just want to mention because I don't think I've talke about it on the BombCast, but it's it's like twenty bucks two, it's fourteen.
Speaker 5: I think it's like the least early accessy early access game I played.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 5: The only thing that would even make me know it was early access was in the beginning when it's like pets aren't in here, yeah yeah otherwise.
Speaker 6: Or the thing yeah hot limited in past four.
Speaker 4: H space is for like ten or something. Yeah. I normally never play early access games. I like to wait, but this one, Yeah, Lucy, you're right. It feels like I probably played fifteen to twenty hours of it, and yeah, you wouldn't even know it's early access.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: I've heard some people saying it's like a decent point, like, hey, why not just play Stardoo Valley. You know it's it is this game anyways, it's so feature rich that but also Starduo Valley, at least to me, almost kind of got a little bit of feat your creep like that just won't stop adding things in that game, even though like everyone kind of wants them.
Speaker 1: To go and make Honta chocolate. Deary. He's like, nah, I'm just gonna keep adding stuff to start.
Speaker 2: It's the Noman's Sky problem where I want to go back to No Man's Sky and I want to really try out stard You for the first time properly, but there's so much in it that I don't know what guide to follow at this point.
Speaker 4: I always thought that was Destiny, because I like Destiny, but it's like I haven't played any the expansions to too, and it's like I would be so confused. I'm sure.
Speaker 5: So there's something about fields and mystery and it kind of just has the essentials right now.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's all I need.
Speaker 5: Actually, this loop is very good kind of as is, and you know it's early access. They're going to add things and that's all fine and danny, but just yea, as it is now, I find it very satisfying.
Speaker 3: Chatter saying you're in this is an insane complaint, Mike. I think I know what you're saying, and I think I tend to agree with it.
Speaker 1: I kind of want the.
Speaker 3: Game to just be the game and not give me so much stuff that I feel over not overwhelmed, but just like if it feels bogged down, I don't know, I really do think so.
Speaker 6: Like Concerned Ape is working on Haunted Chocolate Tear as well as like updating Stardu, but then Chucklefish, who are the publishers of Stardu but not the developers, they're working on Witchbrook, which is the other one that I'm really excited for, which is basically like, uh, stard you but you're in a magic school. Okay, it looks pretty cute, but it's like there's just never any updates about it, or like they update about it really really rarely. And it looks so cute.
Speaker 2: I speaking about looking cute and hot characters. Mike Manati, tell me all about you talked about this a bit last week Marvel Versus Capcom two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know that Marvel Versus Capcom Fighting Collection came out, and there's so many games in there, and I want to play them all, but I can't stop playing marvelsus Capcom two still. It really is just one of the most fun fighting games ever, and like having it now with good net code is incredible. The fact that I can't just play people online and it can be intimidating to do that. There are a lot of people out there who've been playing this game for twenty five years, and it's a game of a very high skill ceiling. But even then, I'm having more than a lot of fair matches. There's almost something kind of it's kind of like an unspoken rule with Marves's cap On two Character Fighters, where there's a top tier of like very good characters, your your magnetos and storms, sielocked teams, things like that. But a lot of people will kind of wait to see what you're picking. And if you're not picking those characters, if you're picking more mid tier low tier, they will kind of match your freak a bit.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I'm not promising that, right, You're still probably gonna, you know, play some obnoxious top tier teams and you know, if you're gonna play Ross cock on too, you got to get ready to get floored every once in a while. And it's kind of part of the charming, part of the fun. Go ahead, Jeff, question, did.
Speaker 1: You get wasler?
Speaker 6: Oh shit, I was just to ask that I was waiting for an opening?
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that like a goosel?
Speaker 6: Have you been been hit by the wazslow?
Speaker 5: I have not been hit by the wozzler. Justin Wong is making people refund the game. He just choice them so badly.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He's top on the leaderboard apparently, as there's like a leaderboard like overall leader board on all platforms. I guess now, Yeah, have you seen the Steam reviews?
Speaker 7: The Steam reviews are so good to explain, Like Dan, you'll still seem confused by this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Justin Wong, famous fighting game pro like from moment thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Just yes, He's been a top tier performer in just about every fighting game for decades now. He was huge in Marvel Versus Capcom two when it was it's prime. Now it's back. He has gone online on Steam, on PlayStation and on Switch and it's under the name Wasler, and it's just killing everybody that he plays, just destroying him so bad that people are like that my first mattress against this guy called the Wozzler, I got hurt so bad.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to refund the game. And there's like twenty or twenty five reviews like that on Steam or something like that.
Speaker 4: I respect that's experience. How was that good of the game. That's all I would do.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is a credit, like go watch his videos on you because it is incredible seeing like high tier Marvel versus Capcom two play. It is just wild the things that you can't do with this game, where again, you have like three characters, you can call them for assists, you can combo supers into supers. It is just wild what you can do when you're really get this game. But you know, it is fun for me to do something stupid like I'm gonna just play a team with nothing, but girls who wear hats and like find ways to kind of make that.
Speaker 1: Work like type we get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have the fam hataals and I can go in there and I can like figure out my own combos, and I can go online and I can win some matches and still have fun doing that stupid thing too. It's just, it's just it's a fighting game that I absolutely fell in love with back when it came out around two thousand and it is still magical to me, and I'm so happy to have this modern release of it that I can easily play now.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Thank you, like Minadi, Lucy James, you put up here Farewell North. I have no idea what this is.
Speaker 6: It is a little in the game about grief where you play as a dog and you are you go up to some Scottish islands with your owner who has recently lost their mum and everything in the color palette is blue and gray, and sometimes she gets really stricken by her own grief and can't continue, so you have to, as a dog like help her out and solve little environmental puzzles and basically bring joy and color back. And as she's on this mission to kind of release her mum's ashes. Very like it's very I don't know, just like a very soothing but also very Yeah, it's it's a big game by grief, and so it's like, yeah, I don't know, be in the right head space for it, I would say, but it's very nice and he plays a dog and it's.
Speaker 5: I don't immediately I don't mean to immediately go into a silly place with this, but I like, I'm thinking about a thing about Code Grandma, where Dan Reiker it has to spread my ashes in Disneyland at like specific places, and like it's also a stealth game because you had to get past secure it's on the snook Cay. Like we all have stupid ideas for video games, right, like usually like that doesn't actually make sense.
Speaker 1: I think this is the best I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Someone cut this out of the podcast and send it to John Drake right now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Grandma, when someone is trying to secretly spread ashes at Disney World, in case you're wondering.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, isn't that funny? Very thing they have to shut down.
Speaker 5: Rise because they have to clean the ashes because it's not sanitary.
Speaker 1: It's like, Grandma, in.
Speaker 2: That instance, do you like empty the vacuum first and then suck up the ashes. And then do you give the ashes back to the person?
Speaker 1: I think, I think you may waiver. You're right, you lost and see, yeah, you lost your rights to your grandma's ashes once you jump it on the tea kettle teapot ride or I wouldn't do it anyone to do it all because it's spins.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, what does.
Speaker 1: He spread ashes? That's what you're going for.
Speaker 6: If you really hate someone, you can put them in It's a small world.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like that song. It's a world of laughter, all right.
Speaker 2: You've been playing Planet Coaster to planet can talk about the video game.
Speaker 5: I got to do a preview event for this where I played this on parsek, which isn't a super ideal way to play a menu game, right, but still I was having fun though. The whole thing with Planet Coaster too, at least the big thing is water parks. You can build water parks, so you can build kind of hybrid coaster and water parks. You can do fun things like have a roller coaster loop, go through part of your water parks, slide and things like that. Any I think that's just tickling me, especially since water parks kind of inherently have that like fun you know, tiki summer vibe a lot of the time. So just designing that stuff feels relaxing and like I'm on vacation.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like you can even like make the outline of your pool that you can maybe set up like one big upper platform that has four different slides coming down it and they're all kind of interweaving, you know. Played a couple hours and then gets super deep into it. But just that basic idea planet coaster, which was probably the best thing park simulator ever in terms of like making rides and all that other sim stuff, you know, managing the economics and your staff and all that other stuff, and just adding this water park business to it seems great.
Speaker 2: Very excited, lovely lovely. I appreciate the restraint mic and switching over to the topic at hand. It really felt like you were fighting a war within yourself, just like you've been doing in World of Warcraft, the war within.
Speaker 1: I wanted to bring this up.
Speaker 5: Because I'm just leveling through it and it's one of the most enjoyable leveling experiences I've had in a world of what makes it's.
Speaker 3: Just leveling in World Warcraft enjoyable as opposed to not enjoyable.
Speaker 1: So World warcut.
Speaker 5: Usually struggles with story, right, that is usually its problem. That's where it could kind of be a mess. A lot of the times that culminated and the bad expansion shadow Lands, where we went to the Afterlife and it turns out the Afterlife is still a place where you fight level fifty five bears and things like that. It's kind of just stupid and depressing. And this was doing a good job of folding in recognizable characters and actually giving them meaningful story arcs. That is progressing things forward. Part of it is just what zones are you in? Are these places interesting? Kind of the big one I was in is this big underground cave place where all these kind of dwarf robot people live and also coballs and they're like they love candles and there's like a problem with the cobals. So everything was just very interesting. You know, the combat is very snappy and fast paced World Warcrafts, so going around fighting things was good. It's just paced very well and honestly, like you know, a couple months ago found Fancy fourteen's expansion came out, and I generally like found fanacy fourteen more than World Warcraft. I do think fourteen released kind of a week expansion. I think World of Warcraft has released a very good one. Now there's been some complaints of people who are further along with me about this new feature Delves, which is kind of this hard solo content. They've been tuning that and adjusting it, having really followed up on it, but there's been some complints online about that. I think kind of with just like the vibe of the expansion, everybody seems to be enjoying, and I'm enjoying it a lot. So I'm pretty happy with the war within so far, and I'm excited to continue progressing through it.
Speaker 2: Last game we have to talk about here is very important, and I don't mean to alarm anyone. I know that I speak about a lot of alarming behavior all the time, folks. I don't actually have a gambling problem. I don't have a wead problem or substance abuse problem, but I do have a problem with Pokemon God damn it both. Some more regionals with this past weekend, and holy smokes, folks, I dig the format. The VGC formats where we kicked the legend that we defenestrate the legendaries out the goddamn window. Who the fuck needs them? Because ladies and gentlemen, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but people have found the little Freak strategy something that I broke the case wide open and last gen sword and shield. No, was that the last one's sword and shield. The Sinino Minchino strategy where you can take down any and everything has applied in folks, what has what have we found out about Pokemon family is most important? The thing that will take down a pseudo legendary from Gen one, will take down Dragon Knight is mousehold, a group of four mice sticking together. That's right, folks. Congrats on winning your first regionals. Buddy. This is all to say, who the fuck is this? No?
Speaker 4: Sorry, it was a phone.
Speaker 1: I thought I was.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I said something super bad that I needed. Company's calling the Pokemon they should call me. God damn it. You want a commentator, you want a color commentator for one of these regionals. Hit up your boy. I will freak the funk out. I will be the Moro Ronalo of Pokemon. Please give me this chance. Goddamn it.
Speaker 1: If you won't let me compete in regionals.
Speaker 2: Because I have to with so many goddamn points and plays strategically proper, let.
Speaker 1: Me commentate over they've God damn it.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna shoot hot. I'm sorry anyway. This is all to say, Uh, the Pokemon Gym is being renovated. We're gonna recruit Sean to help run the gym. I'm telling him this now.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I didn't ask him about this, to talk to him about this, Chopper, No, because Yo, we got we gotta go to regionals because it's gonna be in Anaheim, and then it's gonna be in San Francisco. We have.
Speaker 6: This could be Pokemon, it could be high school musical.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, better on it. Yes, that's the only good thing golf courses are for.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then then I learned, I apparently what we're talking I don't know what we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about all.
Speaker 2: Then I learned that friend of the website, Jenny Nicholson, is also into Pokemon. So I'm like, all right, dog, you be Sean. We gotta go to regionals. We gotta win or have some type of showing.
Speaker 1: But also Pokemon Company you.
Speaker 2: Want a commentator. I won't do it pro bono. I'll do it for like a sandwich, pay for accommodations or somethingshake hot talk.
Speaker 1: In a handshake, baby, that's what I'll work for.
Speaker 2: Just let me do it anyway, mousehold great fun competitive Pokemon. Never been a better time than right now, folks, am I okay, no, Jeff Grub news.
Speaker 1: I'm more conte.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I can't go for this Pokemon crap something. Oh god, it's not working right.
Speaker 1: It's all breaking.
Speaker 2: It's also great to see Guard hump back in like the top usage charts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't stop saying that. I think I was just talking to my children in bed last night.
Speaker 3: They were like, hey, all right, you gonna know it's time for sleep, but you got to hear some important news.
Speaker 2: Guard Chomp is back, Grub real quick. Last Pokemon thing today for today. I swear I hope the Gimmicks will grow up in a world where we will never see in cineroor in the top usage charts again. To have in Cinero dominating.
Speaker 8: That you're imagining there six of the top eight teams, that's insane. We need imagine, we need an answer to cineraor please, I said, let's just put.
Speaker 1: Them down, all right, just kill that, kill them? Uh news new leak suggests, Okay, well, all right, last guess what do you guys think the name of the switch two is going to.
Speaker 6: Be well looked at the.
Speaker 1: Switch too.
Speaker 5: If your name for the switch could also be a name for a hypothetical pro model for the switch, it's a bad name and it's not going to be the name you didn't it.
Speaker 1: Leak suggests.
Speaker 3: The system is in full production with retail boxes that have a big number two on the side, not poop, but the big to the the the you know, the integer on the side, with workers expected to and they're making each workers making one thousand per day. These are where these leaks are coming from. The console's rumor to be slightly larger than its predecessor, with a smaller bezel, Black and white Joycon controllers also expected to have better battery life. AI features Nvidia DLSS support and a dual screen design. Media Sorry, thanks that people have talked about this is not like that's not I mean by dual screens design with the TV like there might be support for that, but these are like things that people have speculated on recently and not necessarily coming from the side of the box, Like this is just like the list of features that people have mentioned before for the switch to. The things that that did come from the apparently from this leak is slightly larger, smaller bezel, black and white, joy cons big two on the box. Yeah, a switch to is probably I mean, at this point, Nintendo has done a lot of like, hey, what is Apple kind of doing? We'll put ee in here somewhere, so yes, I and it's like, well, now Apple just kind of calls her stuff like Max Promax, and then there's always a number to indicate that this is the new phone. I'm not surprised that the den was just like, you know what, let's just go with the number that seems.
Speaker 1: Forget this time.
Speaker 5: You know, like this form factor might be their thing for a while, Like there could very easily be a world where there is a switch three, so you may as well just get on that numbering train.
Speaker 2: Now what if it's just called the two though?
Speaker 1: The two? I mean I want to hate it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, you know, because they have a console with the Wii and then one called the number two, Like someone.
Speaker 5: Taint couldn't be the headlines when it sells out everywhere, children are upset that they didn't hit the it stole Christmas.
Speaker 3: There it is, Yes, it is. Switch to is probably something we will hear about sooner rather than later. His thing is in full production now, and probably we'll do something here soon. May Switch two's out there somewhere right, Yeah, and uh there, you know there was that reporting a couple of weeks ago that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Nintendo is like filming the commercial for this thing, or filming like the maybe.
Speaker 2: The first trailer. I hope that the person they're featuring in these trailers is actor extraordinary Italian extraordinaire Stanley Tucci. Oh yeah, and then like they'll flash the take good, they'll just flash the two on screen and then he'll just like look at the camera and smirk and.
Speaker 1: Like are the Beji still alive?
Speaker 3: They could say that their song that the deuce there's only one left?
Speaker 1: I think, is the two gonna be Roman numerals.
Speaker 5: It's gonna look like the joy CON's like snapping into.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's just a it's actually just the check the Arabic number too.
Speaker 2: You can't see that, That's what I say.
Speaker 5: Cut to check the jan first and then they By the way, one of my favorite things ever is when you like ask, like, stupid people, do you think they should they should teach the rated Yeah, the Arabic. They're like, no, I know that rules old honey basically invent in math. Yeah, we'll see this thing probably could pop up in a video here the next couple of weeks or it's a wild Yeah, we've been We've been waiting for this shoe to drop for so long. The fact that like it's in mid air now and it's approaching the ground right, it's gonna crash.
Speaker 2: We have to ask I need answers here, price assumptions.
Speaker 6: Three fifty four.
Speaker 4: That sounds five hundred.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's a world where it's less than four hundred these days now, Like the place Station five pro has shocked me so much.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, way, it's less than four hundred anymore. Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Could see it being five hundred now, the grub said it.
Speaker 6: I don't want to put that energy out in the world.
Speaker 1: I know it's kind of our manifesting. I know by saying that, we're also kind of making them aware of the fact that they could probably get away with it. So, yeah, you're listened to West, we're in the tendol jill right, don't Yeah, they don't listening, they're invalid.
Speaker 2: Four twenty four to twenty do it at four twenty just yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think between four or five hundred.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be supress if it's like four forty nine ninety nine or something like that. Four hundred okay, yeah, we'll see If it was four hundred, I feel like we're getting away with something and that's probably what they want us do.
Speaker 4: What was the switch at launch? Was it two fifty three hundred, three hundred and the O lead is still three hundred right, three fifty three fifty.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, increase the price to sell you the O lead screen? Right right?
Speaker 4: We'll still do again.
Speaker 1: Yep, absolutely, because we have like.
Speaker 5: We finally got like those new switch bundles have been waiting for, and it's just still bundled with Mario Card eight Deluxe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't even make it a more exciting bundle anymore.
Speaker 3: Australia got the Mario Wonder bundle, but not a cool we get. I think we have different ma Get like bundles with maybe two games.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I think the bundle is only three hundred in stead of three fifty. Like with the game that they still would kind of charge you most of the price of the game for these bundles, and they stopped doing that.
Speaker 1: I think is the difference now. But yeah, I mean with with no price decrease on the olet at three fifty, the next thing is going to be more than that, So they're going to charge four hundred for it. It is always coming in as much as an old Yeah, it'll be more than a noelet, all right.
Speaker 3: Astrobot had a solid commercial start in the US, according to research firm Sircana. Mattpis Caitel kind of came out and helped alleviate some concerns Sony's PlayStation five exclusive. Astrobot had a successful launch week, ranking second in unit sales in the US and becoming the week's best selling accessory. The controller did specifically, games industry dop is Head Christring had previously reported a solid UK launch for Astrobot, with the first week sales twenty one percent higher than Retching and clink Rift aparts debut in twenty twenty one. That's the number that only twenty one percent higher, But I mean, how do you guys feel about that? That seems like I.
Speaker 1: Can say, doing better than retical no matter.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know there's more places five is out there and whatnot, but yeah, you know it's yeah, there were a lots were doing out there. Winters of the Kingdom watched out, but it still didn't really like immediately outpace the Breath of the Wild or anything like that. Yeah, it's just hard to tell because like solid that you want that to mean solid, but sometimes we're in a world where things need to overperform to matter a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the time. That's a little bit. It's not the worry.
Speaker 3: Definitely not overperforming. I asked Mattis Kittel, does this mean it's everything's gonna be okay?
Speaker 1: I was kind of joking. He answered, He's like, well, okay and not okay subjective and all.
Speaker 3: But for what it is, I think it's off to a good start, not like a oh my god, this changes everything start, and not not a look what they've done to my boys.
Speaker 1: Start. It's fine, a fine start.
Speaker 6: It's fine, but no, hang on, I mean, team of sixty five, I know, but also.
Speaker 1: Like, once we put it all in the context.
Speaker 6: Yeah, within context. So the fact that the yen has been.
Speaker 1: Yes, and and that that's this is and that's all true. It's just like, I think what I was looking for here, what I was really like hoping to dream, daring to dream, is that this would be the kind of game that could sort of come in and reset what people expect.
Speaker 3: From games and what these companies think they need to deliver. So we aren't waiting an entire generation to get the next naughty Dog game. Obviously Naughty Dog will keep doing their thing, but some of these other studios might be freed up if this game really overperforms to do more stuff like tim of Soby, And I don't know if that this is going to change that.
Speaker 5: Narrative that It's just hard because there's a whole generation of PlayStation fans that, for the most part, have a very specific idea of what a PlayStation studios game is.
Speaker 1: In this, you know, in a lot of ways, isn't that.
Speaker 5: But I'm sure a lot of them are jumping onto Astrobot and having a good time. There's just so many barriers about what it means to have, you know, be a wider hit and you know it's a game that is supposed to appeal to kids, and how much how many kids are playing a lot of PlayStation five these days, Right, It's one reason why I kind of criticize both PlayStation and Xbox maybe dropping the ball a bit and kind of leaving behind that demographic because it is an important one. But you know, the bright side, because it is such a diffriendly game, this game will probably get a bigger holiday boost than other PlayStation titles.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a lot of people. I think it's gonna do very well on this in Christmas. Yeah, and the reviews will kind of have that word of mouth.
Speaker 1: It will help it carry it through the holiday. So I'm not worried about things.
Speaker 2: For those people criticizing the game for not being their stereotypical PlayStation game. When you think about and put on paper, this is the most PlayStation game. It is the most criticism. It's got all those triple as that you desire. Yeah, think about it. Look inside your hearts. You hear the bow in there and everything.
Speaker 1: It's all right.
Speaker 3: First details on EA's new Battlefield revealed, including the modern setting that they're going to return to. Electronic Arts revealed a bunch of details The game will return to the modern setting that was similar to Battlefield three and four, so not like the near future.
Speaker 1: Like twenty forty two was.
Speaker 3: Even it will also be ditching the one hundred and twenty eight player matches and the specialist system that kind of got away from the class based system that the series was no for. They're going back to class based, they're going back to sixty four player battles, and they're just focused on trying to get this one right because they're like, Hey, this is, you know, super important to us. And Vince Sampella is the one answering all these questions and making these statements. He has taken over Battlefield after twenty forty two didn't perform the way they wanted it to.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I'm having a hard time getting excited about a Battlefield these days. I don't know about you all same.
Speaker 4: I never I was never done.
Speaker 3: I know you're a big fan. Yeah, I tried to like Battlefield a few times. I have had some good times Battlefield. It's never been for me though.
Speaker 2: It's too much chaos for me.
Speaker 4: It's smart to go back to basics, though.
Speaker 5: I think here right, and I understand the desire to kind of switch things up a lot, but at this point, like it has been a long time since Battlefield for it came out, right, it seems like a long time anyways, So definitely doing one more in that mold.
Speaker 1: I think that's going to make sounds.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to resonate with people another Bad Company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think are far removed now from that to ever happen.
Speaker 1: I think I will remove on ago.
Speaker 2: I think we're removed enough where it'll feel like a fresh idea to a whole new audience.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think if they do the like I've heard that they were working on a Battlefield Bad Company remaster once Vince sam Pelic sort of like started getting more involved and he's like, let's actually put that to aside because we're gonna do that. Let's do it like huge, let's really.
Speaker 1: Bring it back. So they kind of have that back behind a break glass in case of emergency.
Speaker 3: But I think if they do like a really solid remaster slash remake of Bad Company, that could set that up for the future of like, Okay, now this is a whole new avenue for these games going forward again. But they did that with Dead Space and that didn't work out either. I mean, even though that game did fine, they're not going to make more dead Space.
Speaker 5: So remind me people liked Battlefield one the World War One.
Speaker 3: Yes, that one's I think I'm one right now is still the most frequently played, which it has the most players.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Skate is officially launching into early access next year. Skate and Playtest has been in play test for over a year, will release finally early access for everybody next year.
Speaker 1: Full Circle.
Speaker 3: The developer provided limited information about their early access release, such as platforms, but interested players can sign up on skate Insider for more information. I think this is probably a good idea for this game, especially with the kind of game they're trying to make with Skate here, where it's going to be a hangout, collaborative sort of game, where it's like, Okay, we're gonna get eighteen people in here, and one of these players is just going to start building obstacles in up skate park in front of all these other players, and everyone else could take turns doing tricks off of it. I think that's a cool hangout idea, but there's probably a lot of like headaches and what does that actually look and feel like that early access will.
Speaker 2: Help solve right, Yeah, that's a part of skate that I don't quite care for. I would just love to find lines with a crew and just like try hit a rail a bunch of times or just jump off a bunch of things in that like break bones mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just run around like in a Yeah what is that just a hanawling?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh right, that's another name for the goods right, yes, Oh, let's see.
Speaker 5: Man, I felt bad that, like I just never played skate. I should get interested. And you know what really got me interested in the skating video game world this week was just Tony Hawk being like, yeah, we're talking with Activision again and really helping something manifests over there.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which Tony Hawk claims he is talking to Activision again, Tony Hawks pro Skater is celebrating its twenty fifth anniversary this year, and Tony Hawk has hinted at anniversary plans. All cavealed that he is in discussions with Activision regarding the franchise and that something special was in the work for fans is how he phrased it. That could mean anything. People like who are trying to be a little bit less optimistic. Are saying maybe it's just like a re release of the soundtracks or something like that.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm getting my hopes up. Tonyaks pro Skater one plus two was the best selling Tony Hawk game. They should make another one because I bet it could do well as well.
Speaker 4: And three makes so much sense, Like I really hope it's that.
Speaker 5: I mean three four makes sense first, and then Thug one and two, Thug two, three or four makes it's like slightly less of a slim duck than one and two because four does switch up the formula so much and you're kind of having no it's still good. I'm just saying, like one and two they were able to just kind of put all those levels and make it feel like one game in a way, that'll be a little it's gonna be a little bit more awkward in a three and four package.
Speaker 4: They should still do it. It would be more celebrated.
Speaker 5: It's a reason why they and the Project eight.
Speaker 6: Which was which was the one that kind of like bomb.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the peripheral one. You know, like, I don't know, maybe they're gonna be like, let's just make a new one. Let's just use that Tony one and two end gene Al though that was like Carrie's Visions. Who's now a Blizzard company, So I don't know, maybe it's not them making anymore. But uh, you know, First Scare five was an absolute disaster, but maybe it is time to do a new game and just kind of look at that remake and make one of those, but with new levels one.
Speaker 4: If they just did three would be incredible.
Speaker 1: If it was just three, that's my favorite ones.
Speaker 6: What about Tony Hawk's soundtrack, like uh that we were when we were young festival, but just for bands who are on the Tony Hawk soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go to that, like we would all go right, yeah.
Speaker 6: Golder, just Superman on repeat.
Speaker 1: I'll buy my first vape.
Speaker 6: When I went back to the U, Well, hang on, you guys went to the UK too, You would have seen it. Were you surprised at how many people of vape?
Speaker 5: A lot?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Like I I was out the other day and I was with people who were too drunk, and like one guy lost his vape and he was like very mad at but I was like, that's my vape.
Speaker 1: This one like the one other girl coup is like he's had that vape for three years. I just wanted to.
Speaker 5: Be like, oh, okay, cool, you're Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh that's a real tough problem.
Speaker 5: But it's got a lot of emotional attachment to Vague completely on his own.
Speaker 1: I don't feel bad.
Speaker 6: So they banned. They banned flavored vapes in San Francisco. So you just never see anyone.
Speaker 1: Vape, favorite rapper to flavor vapes.
Speaker 6: Okay, enough and so yeah, like God, going back to the UK, I was so surprised at how many people vapest.
Speaker 1: That was a ton of it.
Speaker 5: You're right, I guess I didn't even I mean, there's a lot of people who vape in Youngstown, Ohio. Also did be clear, so it didn't completely shock me.
Speaker 2: I've is this a big thing in the UK? Lucy people doing two? Did that ever make it?
Speaker 1: Sure? Zen Zin?
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: So these are like the pouches, the nicotine pouches that has become a very popular thing in the last couple of years, especially like apparently among finance bros.
Speaker 1: That there's anything to do about it. That went very viral a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm like, uh, Tucker Carlson was like they don't want you doing this because it raises your testosterone. And then like in the middle of a video, sure I saw put four pouches in his gums or whatever. I'm like, dude, you do not seem like the bastion of testosterone over here.
Speaker 6: But sorry, I'm familiar when people do that in the UK. Definitely do like little laughing.
Speaker 1: Gas like Noxio galaxy gas.
Speaker 4: You can just buy.
Speaker 2: Those over Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think legally, well, is this not just nitrous oxide or what is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dentist gimmick, right, that sounds safe. Whip its very unsafe tooth that yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Bungee is reportedly considering a forty dollars price tag for Marathon. If you don't remember, that was the price of both hell Divers too oh and Concord. Oh yeah, so uh, I don't who knows what the right answer here is.
Speaker 1: This is going to be a big expensive game. It will they will have to make money on it. But boy, I don't know if this is the answer either.
Speaker 5: It's like you want to think, well, it's Bungee's next game, there's gonna be so much inherent interest. And then then I remember when like Valve made their first game in forever. It was Artifact and if bombed big and a lot of people forget that game even existed. So there's no sure things in this industry, that's for sure. And it seems like it seems like these days, unfortunately, so many people are disconditioned when it comes to online multiplayer shooters that they don't have to pay for them. And there's a lot of ones that they are playing right now and not pay for that they enjoy a lot. That's just a very, very hard ask and you can get away with it. We saw hell divers to do it, but it's rare. It's a difficult proposition, and you know, look, I think that Concord had more problems than costing forty dollars. Right, There's a lot of things going on there. But still I think this can't be a final decision. They must be modeling this one over a lot.
Speaker 3: Still, Yeah, I think even if it's just like, let's try something a little different, So does it look like the same playbook every time? Even that feels like, Okay, they put more consideration into this. Then here's another live service game for Sony. It's forty dollars again, because that's what we do kind of want to seem like there's like a living, breathing person behind the wheel that company and just charging forty dollars again would not indicate that to me. That said, you know, free to play is dominating shooters like across the board and has been for like, that's not a news splash. That's been the case for many years now. We just got tone talking about Battlefield, Like, you guys think the next battlefield is that a seventy dollars game.
Speaker 5: There's a sacond door or something, but there might be a free to play battle Royal moos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the war Zone thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's probably that's probably the answer for them.
Speaker 3: For Marathon, they don't have that same luxury, that same luxury they already have, Like Destiny is full like free to play now, right, Destiny too, so that's their free to play one.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Steam launch to families allowing user gamers to share their games. I really like this because I do have multiple Steam decks in my house now and it works very well except for if you were trying to play the same game at the same time.
Speaker 1: There are ways around that.
Speaker 3: If you start it up airplane offline. Yeah, it's whatever. The reality here is I'm not going to be doing that. What I will be doing is sharing my library with my kids. And now when they want to play something at the same time as me, it no longer kicks me off of my game or I kick them off of their game. We can play two different games at the same time.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And that's that's very nice. I think this is this is probably what most of these companies should go for. I would like a little bit more freedom to be like, it's a multiplayer game, you want to play it all in your different systems at the same time and go play with your like, you know, your cousins across the you know, in the other state.
Speaker 1: I don't want to have to buy three copies of a game just to play multiplayer. But I get why they are kind of drawing the line there. Anything Is this anything you guys would ever use?
Speaker 4: I definitely do use it a lot. We've got a couple of Steam decks here, and like you know, there are little tricks you have to do. Like Bianca and I have both been playing Wild Bastards constantly, frequently, like at the same time, and you just have to airplane mode. It yep, that's just kind of how that works. But that's everything else works perfectly fine, you know, yep.
Speaker 1: It's uh.
Speaker 3: And this is a I've been using this for a few months now in the betas branch esteem but now it's going to be off for everybody, So go ahead and take advantage of that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then let's see here I used the same headline there. What is the story?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Uh, this should the headline for this. Whoever's doing the headline should be let's talk about PlayStation six already. Yeah, Sony Interactive Entertainment remains committed to consoles as the core of its business, despite increasing efforts to expand into PC and mobile gaming markets. So Niho the yeah Hidioki Nish you know who is one of the co CEOs of Sony Interactive Entertainment, came out and.
Speaker 1: Like said this thing. I'm like, well, why do you need to clarify that.
Speaker 3: I think we all just assumed PlayStation consoles was going to be the future of the business. I think what they're really saying here is we are going to keep growing heavily into PC and mobile a lot, and that does not mean PlayStation the console is going to go away. But I don't think that they think the future is necessarily consoles. It's just like they're present and they're going to continue that momentum forward and they're looking for growth elsewhere. But there's definite gonna be a PlayStation six. I don't know you guys think there will be a PlayStation seven or eight, because I think it will be.
Speaker 6: We will all be in the cloud at that point.
Speaker 1: Sure we will. The consoles won't be.
Speaker 5: I'll be in a cloud, yes, locking dead, Yeah, it won't need you anymore.
Speaker 2: So then it will go back into your pod.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, I'll be It'll be started by.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Matrix is getting put into cinemas again for the twenty fifth anniversary, MAB.
Speaker 1: Would it be?
Speaker 5: It would be nice if we were just batteries just laying in our pods. Would I would super.
Speaker 4: Stay in the matrix if that was the case, This team team stay in the Matrix. What you're doing out there?
Speaker 6: But would you would you know, you would stay the Matrix, but you wouldn't know that it's the Matrix.
Speaker 4: I A yeah, And if anyone tried to explain to me about the real world, I'd be like I just would absolutely rejected in my brain. That's weird, that's not true.
Speaker 5: We have weird sweaty raves there, like you have to say, you get you can chased.
Speaker 6: By a little robot sperm thing. No, I'm not interested in that, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Those pattered clothes look really cozy though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, uh, just right. It is weird that he eould has to clarify this. And yeah, there's gonna be a PlayStation seven. I bet there'll be a PlayStation eight. But it is like a thing like man twenty years from now. Gosh, things changed a lot in the last twenty years in terms of what's been going on with with consoles and everything else. There's already a stagnation problem with them in some ways, and some of that is maybe not super material. How much is that actually bot of people? I don't know, but it is going to continue to be a problem. How different is the PlayStation six gonna feel from a PlayStation five, which does in a lot of ways, doesn't feel that different from a PlayStation four, you know, I don't know. I don't know exactly what the future looks like, but maybe at some point twenty thirty years. I don't know, it's not you know box you plug into your TV with an HDMI port.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think what this really just says to me is while I wasn't thinking about like, well, they're going to be a PlayStation six, it seems like they're thinking about a world where maybe there wouldn't be So they're preparing for a bunch of different contingency plans. Not that they're they're activating those contingency plans. They're just like, no, this is the future of our business still, but mobile PC that's where we're growing. And you know, they kind of have to tell their investors places where they're growing. So that's part of this conversation as well. Now, the other thing, the other reason to talk about PlayStation six is there was a report, separate from what the co CEO was saying publicly, This is a report that PlayStation was going to maybe work with Intel or maybe broad Comm instead of AMD for the chip base for the next system. They actually ended up settling settling once again on AMD because of backward compatibility being such a huge importance to them. Can imagine all those games that people have purchased, they want to carry those forward to keep people in the ecosystem that's driving that decision.
Speaker 1: But to speak to your.
Speaker 3: Point, Mike, sounds like the PlayStation six is going to be a lot like the PlayStation five, which was a lot like the PlayStation four.
Speaker 1: So good news for backward compatibility. But I don't know. It does feel like maybe consoles are stagnating a little bit.
Speaker 7: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels boring, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: But uh, I don't know. As long as the games continue to be good.
Speaker 2: PlayStation y'all act with enough hubris already just add something weird to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they did. The dual sense was clearly the thing this.
Speaker 5: Time handled Oh yeah yeah, like the orange and purple orange, the.
Speaker 2: Levels, an astrobot where you have to use one of the power ups to pull something up.
Speaker 1: How hard?
Speaker 2: Just add that to the box.
Speaker 6: How do you move a PlayStation five?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: How do how do you move it from?
Speaker 1: Like you just bear put on like late text gloves. You have to touch that.
Speaker 6: Weird like say your moving house. How do you and you threw away the PS five box?
Speaker 4: The box always keep the box inserts all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That box is so flimsy environments and why are you keeping the box good to just collect them. I kept my box.
Speaker 4: I have historically always kept them to move them because I moved them constantly. Okay, and yeah, it's just the safest way you keep the inserts, keep the bags, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, you're talking. When you see the inserts, you mean like the phone.
Speaker 4: The things that are like they fit the shape of the console.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, gotcha?
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have enough space to keep boxes. Yeah, I'm trying to have one.
Speaker 5: I have mine underlip that I have my astro boxing chore box, and it's like, I like this box and I think I just need to throw it away.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I can't look like this.
Speaker 6: People are selling the PS five box for thirty dollars on the box.
Speaker 3: The boxes will maintain, they will retain their value over years, That's definitely true. They'll get like you could sell a box, an empty box for a Nintendo of sixty four, probably for like sixty bucks. Right now, I'm like, ah, that space that's taking up over the course of twenty years is not worth sixty dollars to me.
Speaker 1: It's kind of what I saw.
Speaker 6: You can buy a special carrying case to the PS five for forty bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get Pelican case or something. But about the value of my All right, I checked the thing in the back seat and just whatever, let it roll around. Let's back there with the kids.
Speaker 4: I did eyeball the PS five, even the like newer slim one than I have when we were going to packs because astrobot code just came in and I was like, do I try to pack this thing? And it's that seems like a risky proposition.
Speaker 6: Jinx Monson, who's in Chicago, like a famous very famous drag queen, uh takes PS five with them every where they go.
Speaker 1: Wow, like a lot of space. Uh that does for the news. I'm handling the show back over to you, Jonathan Ochoa.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. I'm gonna need to take another quick breaky break, to just take a power nap, and then we'll get back with some emails right after this, and we're back with electronic bell.
Speaker 1: Emails.
Speaker 2: BombCast bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails too. You can send an email about any and everything, whether you want to have a question about a game, something that's been bugging you perhaps, or whatever I I feel like. Next week I'm going to start another segment, a sub segment within the email segment, which is the best newsletter we've been signed up for because you hooligan's at home won't stop. I keep thinking that I have an emergency, but no, someone has just signed me up for yet another fishing newsletter.
Speaker 1: We can do a tier list of newsletters that were signed up to. I'd like that.
Speaker 2: God Like, I'm gonna scroll through some right now. Someone treats us like their own personal Twitter. I enjoy that. I'm glad that you're back in posting.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's cool. That's actually smarting to do that. Yeah, tween, I wish I should do that.
Speaker 2: Folks, we could visit Dollywood for two days for the price.
Speaker 1: Of one day of the year from forward.
Speaker 2: So I let's go to Dollywood. Yeah, we could go to farms dot com. Uh, you know about the new green equipment. It takes the center stage during an auction. Oh wow, it's shoot Green. This is a Disney blog that I feel like is just maybe in cohoots with Mike. But anyway, we're gonna read the real emails, the emails that you the folks at home right in about first email is A is a complaint, folks, not about any of us. Don't worry. No one ever complains about us. No, no one has ever done that. No one has ever in a comment speaking negatively.
Speaker 4: I complained about Mike. I saw people say that I did pronounce ponko correctly on the Germany Traveloge and Mike and Bailey were like, oh, I can't believe you said ponko, And it turned out I was one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 5: All right, Okay, look, first off, like you've It's not like you freaking like looked into it and found out how they pronounced it in Japan.
Speaker 1: Sinks.
Speaker 5: Okay, great, so that's how they say it in Japan. I look, I've never heard anybody and this isn't me, This isn't an English moment. I have never heard anyone say ponko.
Speaker 4: How do you say?
Speaker 2: You say it?
Speaker 1: Jeff? How do you say it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: If I was looking at I would have said panco? Wait?
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Ponco crumbs again? The outside is Ponco crumbs, which is how I ordered it and how I've always said it. I've made stuff with Ponco crumbs before. And mister shep over here by not. He was like, oh, what an idiot? Dan thinks it's Podca was like, yeah, Dan is an idiot about this. Everyone thought I was an idiot.
Speaker 1: I was right.
Speaker 6: I've never said that word out loud.
Speaker 3: I don't think yeah, I think that's really Actually the answer to that question is I've never thought about that word enough to say it in my life.
Speaker 4: I watched a.
Speaker 1: Lot of food YouTube. Okay, I just never heard ponko before you got YouTube that what language was the food YouTube that you were watching? In English?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Patrick from Brighton writes in, Hey bombsters, writing in from the UK, if you'll want a five pro with such luxuries as a disk drive and the stupid little bit of plastic, they'll let you stand it up right. It will apparently cost US consumers eight hundred and seven ninety nine six ninety nine for the console, seventy nine ninety nine for the disk drive, twenty nine dollars for the stand. It would cost me eight hundred and twenty nine euro. That is pounds pounds, pounds pounds, I don't know currency.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, no, no, it's you know we've left right.
Speaker 2: Right, right right, so we would never Euro.
Speaker 1: You never use euro.
Speaker 6: No, I never use euro.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: That is one thousand dollars and seventy one thousand and seventy six dollars and fifty one cents. I try to come up with a more elegant way to ask this, but what the actual fuck yours stick? Your sticker shook? Patrick?
Speaker 4: I mean you can just move to like Lis, you moved to America. It's not that hard, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sam K would say yes.
Speaker 6: Do you know I just found on a lawyer.
Speaker 4: You and Damn and Daniel desire. It seems like the biggest pain in the ass ever. Was it more or less than the price of a play station five pro?
Speaker 6: More? Multiple times?
Speaker 1: Figure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, it's yeah. The UK is getting like the Cosey Lives. Do you know that? That's what we call it, Cosey lives costo.
Speaker 1: Costing cost of living.
Speaker 6: Because he lives. Yeah, it's expensive. Like I went home just before packs after games Calm and I was like Jesus Christ, I you know, sad, sad.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sad, sad, but it's too much.
Speaker 1: It's too much. But I think a lot of people are still going to pay for it pro oh yeah yeah, but people are going to buy.
Speaker 3: It still and so this is just what the prices are going to be. They might, you know, people we've talked about the PS six could be seven hundred dollars, could be six hundred. Still they like, they might try to find ways, but it's not gonna be less than six hundred.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 3: And really I have I have a hard time seeing it being less than the PS five Pro. So I don't think it'll be less than seven hundred all things considered, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: So this is just them trying to get more out of these systems, and really what choice they have left because they got to put so.
Speaker 3: Much hardware in there so that you can begin to see a difference in these games, because otherwise, you know, they were showing stuff off between the PS five and the PS five.
Speaker 1: Pro, and they were the exact same games.
Speaker 3: They just sometimes ran at a better frame rates sometimes and they're well, and this one has better image quality, and no one could see.
Speaker 1: It without them zooming in. So they have to put a lot more stuff in there, and that means they're going to have to cost more to get people excited, and you have to get excited to spend this money in the first place. It's like this vicious cycle.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm just kind of getting used to this being the new norm.
Speaker 2: Speaking about the new norm, divorce is dominating the email inbox. Actually this comes from Mitchell. What's up, Duders, I've been listening since two thousand and eight. Hey. Thanks. Anyway, my parents got divorced because the law vikings to Norse by Northwest on the PS one is really fucking hard.
Speaker 5: Yea, The full truth and you need to laugh at your parents' story is oldest time.
Speaker 2: The full truth is only slightly more complicated than that. It's simultaneously one of my earliest gaming memories and one of my earliest memories of my parents having a blowout argument, and one of my earliest memories period with twenty five plus years of hindsight, this is very funny to me. Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that is pretty funny. Yeah, I call you Mitch. Mitch.
Speaker 5: I wonder is that, like, are you able to play that game? Have you ever gone back to lots of vikings too or is it too hard because of the whole you know, causing your parents to get divorce thing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go try to play this with Steph and see if we're strong enough, we're strong dangerous apparently, go for it. But I believe in us. I believe in our love.
Speaker 2: We didn't have a theme for D week because I guess we're rolling down the alphabet. It's not gonna be divorce. Fos don't want divorce week.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things we could do. There's nothing wrong with it. I still love each other.
Speaker 5: Guys, three three divorced parents versus you two, so we're winning great divorce.
Speaker 1: You do out number me fair enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, alright, sorry that my parents are still together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, well we got we got two Christmases.
Speaker 5: And oh yeah, yeah, I get mine. Mine happened like after high school, so I was already I think it was like.
Speaker 6: Three months old, so it was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was four years old. I remember ship. It's easy.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, it's definitely harder for me to take video of me.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, really good timing on that one, though.
Speaker 1: I know I'm a comedic genius.
Speaker 2: Here, Bob, you'll get two Christmases and two of every holiday if you want. We'll just do it anyway, all right. Next email comes from Kyle from Virginia. Hello, Bombers at my work. We have a small little Starbucks like coffee shop. The coffee shop has an espresso machine that they are getting rid of because it's quote unquote broken. No one involved with the coffee shop has any idea what's wrong with it. It would be worth my time to take that broken espresso machine and try to get it working for use at home. Thanks for all you do. I greatly appreciate all of your content and you always seem to bring me joy. Kyle from Virginia. Kyle, don't listen to these two. Don't do it. It is a fool's errand is because it is a commercial espresso machine that is not equipped to work. And the home place you would need to plummet to your seat directly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, so you have to have a full like like water it, yes.
Speaker 3: Like a dishwasher, like just replace your dishwasher with the fucking espresso.
Speaker 1: Machine, Kyle.
Speaker 2: Your house is not equipped to supply that much water on a constant basis. That's why home espresso machines are different than regular commercial espresso machines. Now, I wanted to flip that bad boy and sell sell it to another coffee shop. That is a thing you should do not saying that I have done that and may have nickel and dimed a mom and pop coffee shop when they were in need.
Speaker 1: But yes, you man, I love toxic Jan.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, you know scumbag Jan had a lot of time on his hands.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Maybe you acquired a commercial espresso machine from a lovely old lady that decided to not charge you because she thought you were very charming, and then you sold it to a bomb and pop coffee shop. That that's how I got my top loader in the ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too, Yeah, I recently, I was like, I did the exact same lady just gave it.
Speaker 6: What did you say, your toploaded in the one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, toplad.
Speaker 1: Entertainment system, I said.
Speaker 6: So I got toploaded in the ass.
Speaker 1: No, I got that would be bottom loaded. Come on, what are you what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Jesus? Well, no, I guess the top would Oh yeah top.
Speaker 6: Okay, child will say.
Speaker 1: That happened, Yes, thank you? Okay the old lady? Yes, deeply into pegging, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we made this pivot as a website, but here we are proudly.
Speaker 1: How many more letters do we get the pe pe Wait, everybody.
Speaker 2: All right, well okay, next email comes from Sean from Denver, Colorado. What's up, crew, So, with the recent release of Marvel Versus Capcom two Arcade Classics and the upcoming Arcade Fighting Collection two got me to wonder if you could take any characters out of any game genre and do it in a tag battle match versus Capcom Marvel versus Capcom style. Who's your team? Who you're gonna save the world with? Thanks Shawn from Denver, Colorado.
Speaker 5: Blasto and mister Mosquito.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, incredible Crisis Guy and Blasto.
Speaker 1: Blast that's really good. Kirky Masterson and Tiger Woods Pickman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a hundred hundreds of pickmen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, like a rat what is the like swarm of rats called rat a rat king of pimen.
Speaker 6: But but the rat king means that they're all tied together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got a rat king of piman right here. Look at them, they're all tied together.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see like the pickman versus all the little serve bots now very similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a rat king of pickmen, a rat king of rabbits, a rat king of minions, and beetlejuice. Okay, yep, yep, that is my team. Uh, hey, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice. A lot of people don't like it.
Speaker 6: I think, hey, you just said it three times.
Speaker 5: I wish I like that. I wish I still felt joy in my heart from movies.
Speaker 1: But it did. It did very little for.
Speaker 6: Again everyone, Matrix is coming back in theaters for the twenty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 1: It's gonna say it had.
Speaker 5: To bother you too, where like they didn't want Beetle Juice to be in the movie. For Also, he just literally said I have to go to the bathroom and walked away from the scene.
Speaker 2: I thought it was funny.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't funny. There's a lady going around trying to kill him. You start to get him out of the scene. I'm sorry, I really.
Speaker 2: Like you know what.
Speaker 1: That's it. A lot of people are good in the movie. The writing is terrible.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I actually I liked dead Pool Wolverine. I thought that was a lot of fun. So that does very Recently.
Speaker 2: I did not like that Pool and Wolverine, despite being a marble free.
Speaker 1: I cried at La La Land the other night.
Speaker 2: Huh moved by white people saving and preserving jazz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, listen a little god mostly like those that character is like such a dip ship for that stuff, but the movie does know it at a certain point. I liked how they showed that the last flashbackup, like here's what life could have been, and it's clear that they both would have chosen it if they really had the opportunity to.
Speaker 5: There are there's a scene in law where like he's like the guy like sort out enjoyed like some new like fusion jazz band thing, and like he's like it's like the point is like the Two Cares show, like, oh wow, can you believe how I sought out for this garbage? And I'll say that they're like, I think this sounds pretty good.
Speaker 1: Work an legend.
Speaker 5: It's fine, that's kind of fun. I don't see what the problem with this is. But oh I am very excited about Megalopolis.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, did you hear the a the Amazon AI staff?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, okay, So they for this movie. Apparently they were working on some AI tech at Amazon so that audience members could ask Adam Driver a question, because there's a point where he talks to the audience in the movie. And so when they were doing like the film festivals. They had a person in real life three D space talk to Adam Driver, and then they tried to do it so that people in the audience could do it with AI, and then Amazon canned the whole team.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 6: Think of what they took from us.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I think it's still gonna be completely bad ship. Yeah, should not wait?
Speaker 1: Alright not next email?
Speaker 2: Uh comes from Alison in Alabama. Hey, love y'all. Quick question for a theoretical five hundred dollars Would you rather be really really itchy for thirty minutes or really really hot for forty five minutes? Both actions would leave no lasting injuries or wounds, i e. Cuts, sunburns, dehydration, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I like the thing what's hot is like, there's also the fear. It's like, oh, this is gonna kill me. So if I that wasn't there, like, oh, if I don't worry about passing out or something, I guess I could be really hot for forty five minutest.
Speaker 6: I hate.
Speaker 2: I hate being I hate it too. That's a fun sound clip some seated James.
Speaker 6: I Oh my god, no, because sometimes, like I get it. It's just a weird patch here on my upper arm. Every so often I get a really severe itch that like hurts, and I'll have to be like ah and yeah, I couldn't deal with that for thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Also, like when you're itchy, there is like that kind of like relief, like feel good moment when you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if it doesn't go away, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I know there's no lasting damage, but you can like it's yourself so bad that you scratch yourself so bad that you like start to watch yourself raw, get in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've scratched myself for thirty minutes, so I think I could do it already.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm believing your your capability to scratch yourself.
Speaker 6: Like where are you itchy though? Are you itchy all over over?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're gonna be hot all over that'd be hot. Yeah, I've go with hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'd be uncomfortable but not the worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, forty five minutes feels like a long time, but it would be a long time.
Speaker 6: But that's the thing though, No, because I go to the spa, right, and I say in a steam room, because that's the thing. Is it humid? If it's you.
Speaker 3: Maybe hot, they just said hot, but it's gonna be uncomfortable hot no matter what.
Speaker 1: I assume.
Speaker 5: It's like a like a sun beating down on you in an open field and a really hot day, kind of hot.
Speaker 1: Like I had a bit.
Speaker 5: I went to some kids soccer games, some of the nephews and nieces of Saturday, and like they just played this big, unshaded field and you know, it was a pretty hot day. You just kind of have to sit out there and just kind of take it for a while. It's pretty rough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. I like wrestle Mania when it was here in Santa Claara. I baked for more than forty five.
Speaker 4: I got a sunburn on my eyeballs.
Speaker 2: What too?
Speaker 4: Yeah. I just like remember, like like an hour after it got dark, I was like, why my eyes so itchy? What's going on? And I was like, oh, I was just like staring and like the sun was coming down and reflecting off like a metal thing too. And I think I burned my eyeballs.
Speaker 6: You can, Yeah, you can really badly sunburn your eye lids.
Speaker 1: Which who.
Speaker 2: Last couple of emails. This one comes from Mattias from Sweden. Aloha BombCast. Here are some random thoughts and questions that have spawned in my brain due to me listening to you. Did Lucy sleep on an opportunity when she didn't name her hypothetical game publisher Lucy James Juicy Games for Fantasy Critic League. When Grubb says a foreign name or word predominantly in Japanese, it makes me think of when Brad Pitt's character Aldo Raine speaks what he claims to be Italian in the two thousand and eight Quarantine nor Lami in Glorious Bastards. I hope you. I hope you also will henceforth. Also, should there be a show where Jeff and Mitch coasting lude games on Thursday called Minati's Thursdays grubbling out best regards Mattias from Sweden?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, We're We're gonna beat. It is the name of the feature, you know what.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna say. I still don't understand what a Fantasy Critic League is, and I just I never remember to log in back last doll. Thank goodness you're here from me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lucy, the bad news you I think you are if you asked so, if you lose you have to play the.
Speaker 1: Worst game on anyone's list. Where it's right.
Speaker 3: Now is you have a few slots you gotta picture. I think it would be the Skull and Bones.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 4: Who's projected to win by a large margin right now?
Speaker 1: Well, that that does projections, don't I think it's Nikki.
Speaker 4: I think it's your.
Speaker 5: Gap is closing already since last time with oh yeah, you had a pretty good day with some two big hits an empty Slotstone Fantasy Critic Thought Games.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, recent hits A Dan hit very hard with UFO fifty and frost Punk two and Astronaut and yeah with an Astropod.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I got good place for Punky Squire. But you're too scared me there for a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah that you actually that's actually a really good score for that game.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: Well, and god you have a paper Mario A thousand.
Speaker 3: Your door as well, Dan eighty nine, Yeah a good get. Yeah, that's I think Dan's kind of probably hasn't locked up.
Speaker 4: But so you're all gonna been mowah when I win. Right, that's how this works. Call of duty can be risky. Call of duty sometimes gets negative points. Now it seems like people are high on this one, so it'll be probably going to be fine.
Speaker 3: Actually, the reality for me if to win Mario Luigi Brothership has to be like very good, and then nev and Microsoft Flight Simular twenty twenty four also have to both be like.
Speaker 1: Nineties to have a shot.
Speaker 5: I need Being to the Hallower to come out this year, and I need Indy and Jones' The Great Circle to maybe overdoor, like I.
Speaker 6: Need Hollow Stock song. Okay, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely last two emails of the show. This one comes from Nikolai from Australia. Hey, BombCast crew, I've just completed my tour of the US. I don't know if you know this, but the fast food in America is not so good and seems to have zero seasoning. Raisin, Kenes, Wendy's and Popeyes probably take the top spots. But this are doing a lot of the work. Your KFC is so much worse than Australia. It feels like you guys are missing out on the secret herbs and spices. Do you guys like overseas food or does it have too much going on for you guys?
Speaker 1: Okay, now to be clear.
Speaker 5: I haven't been to Australia, but in Europe the fast food definitely less seasoned than in America. Definitely less salt going on in the Germany McDonald's than in the one backhime.
Speaker 4: Mike and I also were in London for like twenty four hours and had both KFC and McDonald's in London, and KFC had the Kansas Barbecue tenders, which like, okay, I got to see what the hell Germany thinks Kansas barbecue is and they were fine. But yeah, there's not enough seasoning in salt on stuff and flavor in the European ones I've been too.
Speaker 3: And this is like America like is nothing but super savory, well flavored food if you go anywhere like outside.
Speaker 1: Of these fast food places. But fast food is like very you're safe for the most party.
Speaker 5: It's most nominal freezing canes. Specifically, they don't put enough salt on their tenders.
Speaker 1: Sauce. The sauce is doing all of the heavy lifting there, that's true, but it's a very good sauce.
Speaker 4: Texas, that's good.
Speaker 1: Popeyes Popeye isn't out of seasoning for you.
Speaker 2: Top spot is what they said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, pop is incredible.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah, the the gravy in KFC in the UK is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, I don't think I got any It came up as a sauce and that weird to be out. For some reason, I don't want to think of gravy as a sauce, even though it is. It's like clip should be a separate thing.
Speaker 4: That clip of you eating a lindoor chocolate at the chocolate factory and the and the travelog and you've been like, oh, this is what I imagine fruit to be. Like, wait, we have a completely weird like you think you might into an apple and then there's like a bunch of goo comes out.
Speaker 5: A lot of water gets released. It doesn't that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we know. Yeah, but if you've bitten to me, I would goosh.
Speaker 4: Like the tidal wave of liquid coming It's like, no, it's juicy grape.
Speaker 5: It's like a lot of water in there and it kind of like explodes in your mouth. And I hate that. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't like that's his whole thing is. He doesn't like the the how watery, the good juice. Yeah, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Kind of wet. What about raisins.
Speaker 5: Are I'll eat a raisin like, I don't love it, but I can eat a raisin yet. Dry fruits are definitely way better than raw ones.
Speaker 4: For strawberries, like.
Speaker 5: I know, strawberries aren't quite as wet other things. No, but I don't want a strawberry bananas.
Speaker 2: Are you okay with bananas?
Speaker 1: No, but they're not as wet as there was.
Speaker 4: But so I'm not.
Speaker 5: Not really very wet, more fibery, fibrous.
Speaker 1: This is making linden or starchy litter. Chocolates are awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, look on the look on those. I know that I'm just kind of weird and I want don't like chocolate that much. Into don't like that liquid explosion no matter what. I didn't like gushers as a kid. I just don't like liquid centers in things. It's kind of weird to meats gross dry centers. Only only the dryest centers from my parched centers.
Speaker 4: Chats us Dan's food takes walks so Mike's food taste could run. It is so weird to not being the weirdest person on a podcast.
Speaker 1: I am that is insane.
Speaker 5: No, I am absolutely not weirder that Dan, Why is it weird that the German chocolate factory doesn't talk about the lake?
Speaker 4: I didn't know the chocolate factory was implicit Yeah, complicitly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can't say that word anymore. Guys, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Goes in the complicit bucket? Sorry? All right?
Speaker 2: Last email of the show. Jesus H. Christ. Uh. Since we got really into Space Marine, a lot of folks have written in about Space Spice Marie Lore and this comes from Jamie Ireland. How is it going? Bomb Crew? During your unprofessional Friday's playthrough of Space Marine two, Dan came up with an idea of for a quiz where players get up me something is the name of the Spice Marine chapter from the Warhammer forty k universe or a pro wrestling stable on the independent scene. So here it came up with one. I made it a little bit more challenging by including wrestling stables from around the world, not just from American indies. All right, first one, you guys ready, sure, Yeah, let's do it, all right. I'm not keeping score, you keep score for yourselves. Black Templars, Warhammer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say Warhammer.
Speaker 2: Like Warhammer you're correct. That is from Space Marines, Blood Warriors.
Speaker 5: Or Wrestling Wrestling Stable Warmmer wrestling from Dragon Gate.
Speaker 1: Oh jeff, you hear that.
Speaker 5: Damn mister, I know everything about wrestling, about World War two wrestling.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know anything about anything other outside of American wrestling on the record about Oh.
Speaker 1: That's right, I forgot he's racist.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna work that way.
Speaker 3: Mike, Mike's hot because thirty five to twenty seven, Mike is currently weirder in the most recent pole.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I always lose poles.
Speaker 3: Because previously Dan got by far Dan was the weirder one the last time we did this is it.
Speaker 5: That's really what threw people over the fact that I don't like things with wet centers like everyone everyone else in the world is allowed to say. It's I'm a texture person, but I don't like wet, weird, watery food and I'm a freak.
Speaker 1: Now, what's the next one?
Speaker 5: Jent, Golden Storm Riders, Warhammer. I think pro wrestling. That sounds like some new japan ship right there.
Speaker 1: That's so wordy it's hard to say. I think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with wrestling, Okay, what if I just say all of them moving forward, it as like a spice Marite. Yeah yeah, okay, okay, uh, this is in fact wrestling for the Okay. Next one is Order of the.
Speaker 4: Neo Solar Temple, that Hammer, war Hammer.
Speaker 2: Warmmer Wrestling, and Chakara.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Okay, Leader of the Damned Warhammer.
Speaker 6: For all of these, because they all.
Speaker 1: Could, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go wrestling.
Speaker 2: It is in fact Warhammer. Hey, okay, this one I heard about Sisters of Battles Wrestling, Space Marine Alley.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've got any of these, right, Raven God Warhammer.
Speaker 1: That is a wrestling stable that specifically predicts the wrestler.
Speaker 2: Raven that's his flock. Come on now now, now he's got the guard. Okay, it is in fact the Space Marines. The next one is Magical Sugar Rabbits Wrestling. I'm going with Warhammer just to say it is wrestling from Tokyo Joshi Pro.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This one Death Hawks war.
Speaker 6: Oh it sounds like but it could be wrested wrestling.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with wrestling. It is space I think I'm winning, by the way, all right.
Speaker 2: Next one is Disciples of the New Church.
Speaker 4: That is wrestling.
Speaker 5: That's Warhammer. I don't think you would say church wrestling.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: It is wrestling. That's the person I heard. Yeah, the n w A and t NA. Next one is Arion Champions Warhammer.
Speaker 4: I don't go with the Warhammer, Warhammer wrestling, Warhammer, okay.
Speaker 2: Next one is Contra Unit slang wrestling, Yes, major League wrestling. Next one is Nights of Thunder, war Hammer, Warhammer Wrestling, Warhammer Dead Final Stretch here, Folks Psycho Circus.
Speaker 1: That's a kiss for.
Speaker 5: That's one of the Barks and Marvels's capcom too.
Speaker 4: There was the Kiss team in wrestlers. I'll say wrestling.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be wrestling. Yeah. I don't think there'd be circuses in warm wrestling.
Speaker 2: It'd be really fucked up circuses though. Uh. It is wrestling from Triple A Final four here, Doom Lee Juddon.
Speaker 1: Could be.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with wrestling, Warhammer, Warhammer.
Speaker 1: Wow. Both legions have been Warhammer, and I was wrong each time.
Speaker 4: Vultures Squad Warammer.
Speaker 1: Isn't there a Ravens squad already? War Hammer Wrestling wrestling.
Speaker 2: It is wrestling from ring of Honor, oh owich and then Nemo Sirs.
Speaker 3: Warhammer, Resident Evil okay, wrestling wrestling uh uh, I'll go with Warhammer.
Speaker 2: With that it is Space Marines okay. And final one, thank you Jamie I from Ireland for putting this all together. The final uh Faction or Warhammer is United Empire Wrestling.
Speaker 1: Wrestling wrestling, Yeah, wrestling.
Speaker 2: It is wrestling from New Japan. Yeah right, yes, yes, yes, thank you everyone, And congratulations whoever the heck won that quiz that was?
Speaker 1: That was tough. That was actually really it's fine. That worked better. I thought it would.
Speaker 4: They weren't from four companies I know, so I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Uh. And that about does it for emails this week? What have we got going on? We got Game mess Mornings popping off. We've for the most part, returned to a regular week as far as I know. Have a jojo I think we have a JoJo's from Jeff Jeff's from last week. That is up on the website if you missed it getting posted. It is up on the site now. Gameless Mornings for the rest of the week. Voicemail Dump Truck Blight Club continuing on Mikey, how are your eyes.
Speaker 5: They're feeling a little dry. I might need to do a lot of blinking tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Again, continues to deliver.
Speaker 1: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: We will have a We're switching it up on Friday, folks. We're going to do games mornings and then BCR and then UPF. It turns out it might be a little bit more fun to end the week with unprofessional Fridays versus a podcast. We'll be talking about more games on Friday, Thursday or Wednesday. We're gonna try and do a grub bag. We've been meaning to do a little bit of catch up playing some games that we've been talking about on the website. Grub I may have to talk to you about Thursday because I totally forgot. I gotta go.
Speaker 1: So on Thursday, is gonna face me in Marvel. We're gonna stucking me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: I got ladies with hats and they're ready to fight.
Speaker 1: Also this week, uh, the Little pamp Ever.
Speaker 2: Also this week, the Cologne, Germany travelog video is up. Please check it out, Please watch it again. I'm gonna ask you to just leave a comment, Just leave a comment and do a thumbs up, just just just that.
Speaker 4: A'go correct Mikey on the Ponco thing.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not a lot of loan words have different pronunciations here than they did in their origin countries.
Speaker 2: And folks, what do we learn today? We've learned that Mike Mananti is the biggest fan of the movie here.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: We learned that Lucy James is big on dad Pilot Instagram. We learned that maybe Jeff Grubb and Dan Record might be a little too funny in the Dudy. We also learned that Dan beat it last pause for Mike. We learned that Garth Chomp is back, that there's a big two on that god dang box from Nintendo. We also learned about the intricacies and the intimacies of the meat Bridge and about the gooch that stole Christmas fantastic. I'm not gonna name the podcast that today. I cannot, It's no possible way to do that. We also learned about liquid explosions and how much they bother Mike Manatti and how much that is tied to fruit.
Speaker 5: That's It's the water World stunt show in Universal Studios, Hollwood.
Speaker 1: Those are great liquid explosions.
Speaker 2: Thank you for clarifying that, Mike Rowaddy, Sean Grab.
Speaker 4: Those are great liquid explosions.
Speaker 2: Please, those are great liquid explosions. There's a lot of soundbites from today. Share your favorite soundbites with us on the internet, folks, because we'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant BombCast. I've been Jan, he's been Jeff, he's been Mike, he's been Dan. She's been losing you at home. I've been doing great talk Amont Company. I'm still talking to you, color commentator. Do it.
Speaker 1: What are you scared of? Imagine a braid? Imagine this to me.
Speaker 8: Going like, Holy God, damn and son are I'm colladerating that whole time.
Speaker 1: That's all this God.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant BombCast.
Speaker 1: I love you, Wow.