Speaker 1: It is six oh five here at Kentucky Anda's Morning News Coffee and Company with you here on News Radio eight forty whas Nick Coffee.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 1: The full crew is here today. The company Manageohn all In alongside Scott. That's Jerreedle'll be back with another sports update coming up in about twenty minutes. And you just heard the beautiful broadcast pipes of the one and only Joe Lincoln, who was filling in for John Shannon, who is enjoying some vacation. So we're with you here until nine o'clock, getting you a set for a Monday, getting the week started. And we were spoiled yesterday with a unexpected day where it didn't get up to ninety degrees. And I say unexpected because I mean the one and only Matt Melosovitch told me that it was a surprise, and he knows what he's talking about much more than I do. And the heat will return today, but we've got some cooler temperatures coming your way later this week, which will be good not only for you know, I mean, I can't speak for anybody but myself, but I'm certainly a little bit over. I'm well over the heat, to be honest with you. But also, we've got high school football starting this week here in Kentucky, Ina, and that's always exciting, and it's not on that you get to this time of the year and they may have to delay start times of game. I'm sorry, Yeah, delay start times of games because of the humidity and the heat index and all that. But it sounds like we don't have to worry about that when it comes to this weekend. Now, what you may have to worry about today is some some closures that could cause you some some delays on getting where you need to be. So the Young Center, they're getting the roof upgraded, and I don't know why that became news last week, but it did, and I look, it's a big deal, I suppose, But the real big deal from it is not just that there's going to be a new roof, which, by the way, nobody sees the roof of the UM Center.
Speaker 3: Am I am?
Speaker 1: I picking on the youm Center here, John, because like, I love the UM Center. It's a beautiful NBA type arena that my favorite basketball team plays in, and a lot of great events come to Louisville. But there was a lot of a lot of coverage of a new roof being put on the UM Center, and I'm thinking nobody can even see the roof, Like we wouldn't know that if the roof got replaced every day, unless, of course we noticed the work. That maybe there was some strategy here is getting that out of the way to where when they tell us that this roof replacement roof upgrade is going to create some lane closures, maybe maybe that was maybe there was a method there, like okay, we're kind of warning them that the new roof might come with some potential issues along the way. I don't it just seemed odd that became.
Speaker 2: Of course, anytime there's lane closures and people don't know the reason. If you're somebody like myself, all your wardering is like what is the point of all this extra construction?
Speaker 1: So I get it, and yes I'm with you. Anytime I'm inconvenienced and I'm delayed because of something, I can't change it, but I have a unrealistic demand to know.
Speaker 3: What caused it.
Speaker 1: Like this is awful to say, but whenever I'm in traffic and I just assume that it's because of a wreck, an accident something like that, not construction, and I end up getting through traffic and riding you know, it's no longer an issue, and all lanes are open and we're moving along. I need that pay often know what caused me the delay, and often times I don't get it. And sometimes I feel like a real a real jerk, because I'll end up seeing that it's somebody in a minor fender bender. And then I'll see somebody I mean this, this, This hasn't happened to me in a while, but I'm sure others have had the same situation where somebody just their car broke down in the middle lane of an interstate and like that has caused a huge issue, and there's nothing they can do other than wait for assistance to arrive and help them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And usually as mad as I am for being delayed, once I get up to said situation, if I do see it, then I'm like, Okay, well I was inconvenienced slightly, but man, their days a lot worse than mine.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, I'm terrified. Imagine if you had like children in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, yeah, yeah, I've I've been fortunate to not have a situation like that, but it can happen for no rhyme or reason. And you know, people's cars just have issues where they they they break down, and to have that happen, like, let's just say you're in stop and go traffic because of the hustle and bustle of rush hour, and then all of a sudden, your car comes to a stop and then it just doesn't go and then I mean, I can't imagine the anxiety that I would have just knowing one that, like, oh what am I going to do? But also all these people behind me are gonna hate me. But you know you can't, you can't do it. I mean, it happens. It happens. So anyways, this the um Center celebrating the fifteenth anniversary and getting some big upgrades and one of them is the roof. But it could cause some headaches for the downtown commuters because a large crane is needed to complete the reconstruction of the roof. So to make room, sections of South third Street between River Road and Main Street will be temporarily closed starting today through December. So the parking garage entrances at both guld House Hotel and the UM Center are going to be accessible and the closures are going to be lifted during all major arena events to avoid traffic chaos for fans. So again, this is going to be some work in progress. When it comes to events taking place at the M Center, they will open it up, of course, to keep it being a complete mess. Now, additional closures may come up as this project continues, but if so, they'll be out in front. I would imagine to announce in advance so people can make can make adjustments.
Speaker 3: So there you go. All right.
Speaker 1: We have a story here in Kentucky that, of course has gotten some national attention, and it is about a bitter X who's been charged with felony criminal mischief for damaging her ex boyfriend's vehicle. And I'll read the details, and I can't be the only one that just all right, what did this guy do? Like this can't just be your typical Hey, we should take a break, we should see other people, because this woman clearly is she's bitter in a way that most aren't. But it's also led to her becoming a viral story because of what she did. We'll talk about it. Part of it includes pouring glitter into the air vents of her ex boyfriend's vehicle, which that's.
Speaker 3: Personal right, it's personal.
Speaker 1: All right, quick update on traving a weather coming your way right here on news radio eight forty WHS. Good Monday morning, Kentucky. And it is Kentucky. And is morning news here coffee and company with you on news radio eight forty WHA. So a Kentucky woman has found herself behind bars. This is Madison County, Kentucky. I believe that's just is that I know it's closer to Lexington than it is Louisville. That's one of the places in the state that I can't quite okay, meaning I can't think of exactly where it is within the state. But nonetheless it is in Kentucky. And this story, of course, has gone national to an extent.
Speaker 3: But she is.
Speaker 1: She's behind bars after an unusual and destructive act of revenge that she left her ex boyfriend's car total meaning it is damaged beyond repair. The woman's name is Stephanie Carlquist, and the charges fell any criminal mischief and on two different occasions, July sixth and July twentieth, she damaged her boyfriend ex boyfriend's vehicle by doing these things. She put salt into the engine, she put glitter into the air vents, she slashed the tires, she damaged and really destroyed the windshield and rearview mirror, and she also damaged and smashed the radio screen. So the estimated damages are twelve thousand. It's more than twelve thousand dollars, so that car is actually it's a total loss.
Speaker 3: It's totaled.
Speaker 1: And court documents say that she admitted to the acts in messages, writing quote, the only thing I did was put glitter in the air vents and hurt the windshield.
Speaker 3: Oh and the tire.
Speaker 1: So she is being held at and maybe she's bonded out since this story became news, but she actually has an arraignment scheduled for today. And I'm just dying to know. Is this more of a she just doesn't do breakups well? Or did this guy did he do something that led her to become I guess a version of herself, potentially just because of how bitter she is about about said breakup. And it's not uncommon. In fact, I have found myself at times on TikTok seeing a video where someone is either videoing the person in the act or or I guess videoing the person in the act that they know, meaning a boyfriend or a girl and more often, I mean I don't I don't have any numbers to say who does this? More women or men, But the videos I've seen, it's more men videoing their girlfriends or their ex damaging their property just to document it. I don't see it the other way around that often. But because on TikTok, just how the algorithm works, Like once I watch one of those, then they feed me more, and I have learned I kind of can't.
Speaker 3: I can't turn away. It's like a car wreck.
Speaker 1: Seeing somebody do something knowing they're committing a crime, knowing they're being videoed, and not having any care in the world that they'll likely end up having to pay some consequences for that. But I mean there's one that that this guy was on the back falcony of his apartment and he did not know I guess the woman. But she showed up and looked around and just keyed up a car all the way around, and I mean she got caught. And not only is that potentially going to be a civil thing where you know, you got to pay for the damages, but you also again could be prosecuted with criminal mischief and whatnot.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe she thinks it's worth it, depending upon what in fact happened in this relationship. But only she would be able to answer that. Glitter in the air vents, that just seems personal, Like you turn on the car and you just get blasted with glitter to the face. I mean that just that's odd. I don't know what would make you think to do that. But again, window damaged, completely smashed tires, slashed, salt in the engine, glitter in the air vents. So anyways, let's get an update of traving the weather. Also, we've got an update of sports coming up here from Scott right.
Speaker 3: Here on news Radio eight forty.
Speaker 1: Whas so far, so good for the Kentucky State Fair the opening weekend, despite some real brutal heat, did not keep many from making it out to the fair grounds. In fact, it looks like the crowds were still were still. I mean, I don't think they were impacted at all by the heat. So that's really not that surprising, I suppose, because you can get into areas and cool off if you're at the fair grounds. But man, some of the humidity that we've had lately, it's got me thinking, if I don't have to leave the house, I'm not going to do it. But if there's one thing I may leave the house for, regardless of conditions outside, it might be the State Fair, because that's just how much I love the State Fair. So yeah, they said that the opening weekend a big success. They had indoor and outdoor attractions that brought a lot of people out there. So the fair is awesome. I love it everything about it, and it sounds like so far. The hot food items are the jumbo hot dogs, which I guess those are a little different than your typical hot dogs. Maybe they've unveiled a bigger hot dog than what you typically get. But pickle pizza and hot honey pepperoni pizza and a chicken bacon waffle sandwich, and of course the donut burger. That just I think of the Fair when I think of the donut burger. If you, I'm assuming you've never had the donut burger, you no.
Speaker 3: Would never.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would ever have the desire to eat a donut burger.
Speaker 1: Ye, I don't need it, right Like I know people say, trust me, it sounds weird, but you would be surprised how good it is, I believe you.
Speaker 3: I just I don't need it. Right.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna have a burger, I'll just use a bun because I know that I like that.
Speaker 2: It goes along with things like deep fried Oreos. Yeah, just eat Oreo.
Speaker 1: And it's not that I'm some health not trust me, that's not the case at all. But there's certain foods that if I just think about what it would feel like as that hits my body like my arteries. When I think of the donut burger, just have a rich two donuts with a huge burger between it. Just like that's a little much for me. Now I'm a sucker for a good funnel cake. Yeah, oh that's not good for either. That's fair food though, right man. That's that's that's right right in the wheelhouse of what you just consider a fair event type of food. And well, I've not had any of this at the fair just yet, because i haven't gone, and I'm itching. I may leave here after the show and just go and walk around by myself because I'm jealous of all those that have been able to make it out thus far. But hot honey Pepperoni pizza that has now become a menu item at a lot of pizza places, and I don't know who thought of it, but I want to thank them because it's delicious. I've had different pizza places here in town that have it, and I would imagine the hot honey pizza at the Fair is really good now. Chicken bacon waffle sandwich another item that I'm sure is popular, and I get while people would like it, I just I don't need it. It's just it doesn't you know, it's a little much for me. I'm very I no longer have the palette of a toddler like I used to, as far as just you know, chicken fingers, chicken nuggets and a burger plane like I. You know, I realized my children order similar to what I've ordered the way I've ordered food until my thirties. I'm a little diver. I mean, I'm not exotic. I'm not trying any wild stuff. But there's also certain things I just know that I I don't like, certain foods don't like.
Speaker 3: For example, the bacon.
Speaker 1: Cheeseburger really is as far as I'll go as far as just like you know, I wouldn't even say like getting crazy. But there's certain items that are exclusively good that don't need to be together. And I think donuts are great. Why do we need to put a hamburger in between it? And again, do what you want to knock yourself out. Clearly it's a popular item that many people enjoy at the fair every year. It's just for me, like I can enjoy those things separately. Man talk about having fomo fear of missing out for those that don't know what that is. Last night, Aaron Tipping, Sammy kershawt.
Speaker 3: Hollin Ray right up your wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: It was the first time in this change for me where I've made the move from afternoon drive to early morning drive, where the show starts at five am, and I've got to I've got to be up really early, especially compared to what I used to have to get up when I used to have to get up. So I wanted to go, and I could have gone. My wife, she is great, but she knew that she'd been away for a weekend at a concert, and I'm sure she didn't want to, but she wanted to me to be able to go, and she was gonna get somebody to watch the kids. But I just I made the responsible decision that said I better not, because I mean we're talking Aaron Tip and Sammy Kershaw. I don't know what kind of night I would have had that would have been wise for this early start to get this show started, because I may think, Okay, you're gonna go enjoy the concert for an hour, have a couple of beers, and then Nick Coffee turns into Rick Coffee, where I've become really just the drunk version of myself that has been retired for the most part. I mean, he's not reappeared in a while, and he doesn't need to. I've kind of, you know nowadays, that doesn't even sound fun to me. But what got me to say no, I'm not going to go Two things. One, I knew that if I was there, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much because I would have been thinking about, oh man, I gotta get up at three thirty in the morning. And that's really what I've learned is that Sunday's just become those kind of days to where I don't do much of anything, or at least I try not.
Speaker 3: To, because like I know that that wake up call.
Speaker 1: Is gonna come early, and also usually I don't really have interest because you know, I'm now into the routine to where I get up every day and do this and I love it. Wouldn't change anything about it. But also this same crew that TRUO, I guess they're touring together. They're going to be at Renfro Valley out in Rockcastle County in October, and my wife and I are going to try to get out there to see them, and and that's a great venue too, so I'll be able to see them again. And for those who are curious why I'm a weirdo for a nineties country and I guess I'm not alone because it sounds like they drew a big crowd last night. And I'm telling you there's become like a there's because of these guys are older and they're not as in your face with social media because a lot of them probably don't even know how to use it. Because we're talking about, you know, artists in their sixties and sometimes seventies. That's just different than how music is consumed now to where like I can see why it's appealing to people who grew up on it. And I'm certainly one of those people who loves nineties country. So if you went last night. I hope you had a good time. I'm very jealous that I missed out, but sounds like a lot of people had a good time also. Real quick on the fair, they were reminding folks about the chaperone policy. Anyone under the age of eighteen must be with an adult twenty one or old or after six pm on weekdays and at all times on Fridays and Saturdays. So keep that in mind. You can't just drop your kiddos off without somebody being there to chaperone them at certain times, so just keep that in mind. All right, we got another update coming your way on the roadways. We'll also get an update on the forecast from Matt Melosavich. As we move forward here on a Monday morning on Kentucky and it's morning News Coffee in Company with you on News Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 3: Had a boy, Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: IM not sure if anybody else was requesting Aaron Tippin before seven o'clock in the morning, but I'll take it. And he played it just because he's thinking to me, Thank you.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 1: All Right, it is six forty eight here a Kentucky and his morning News Coffee and Company with you on news radio eight forty whas if you and your partner, your significant other, if you gossip together, there is studies that tell you that your relationship is stronger than those that don't gossip with each other. I don't know if I could say that my wife and I gossip because we don't really have anything to gossip about.
Speaker 3: But when we do end.
Speaker 1: Up having the rare date night, you know, time away from the kids, or just when we're having some time together when the kids have fallen asleep and we're watching shows, or just you know, just having some us time. And I don't mean like in you know, an intimate way. I mean just you know, whenever we actually can hit pause on the chaotic life of having two young children and just you know, just hang out and converse. I wouldn't call it gossip, but maybe it is a level of gossip to where put it this way, We're no longer like in we don't run in like social circles and have a big social life because we just don't. We we're parents and that consumes a lot of our time. And I wouldn't change it.
Speaker 3: For the world.
Speaker 1: And when I think gossip, I think of like school, So I don't really know how we would gossip about stuff, but like she'll tell me stuff about her work, her work day and just what's going on, and I kind of feel like that's some type of gossip and I'm like, I guess an out for her to express. That says here that University of California Riverside researchers track seventy eight couples using a portable listening device. On average, couple spent about thirty eight minutes a day gossiping, with twenty nine minutes of that with their partner. Those who gossip more frequently reported higher levels of happiness and relationships satisfaction. Gossiping may help couples feel like they're on the same team, building trust, intimacy, and connectedness. I mean, I guess I just have a little bit of a disconnect as far as what level of gossip are we talking about here? Like I don't maybe I don't have a good feel for what actually what is considered to be gossiping. Because if you asked me, do you and your wife gossip? I would say no, Like, what will we gossip about? It's got to be like you sharing stories about Maybe you gossip about friends that you have. But to me, gossips like rumor stuff. How do you define gossip?
Speaker 2: I mean, as an adult, I feel like it's mostly workplace drama type thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gossip to me seems like very very seems childish. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: But get I get the point, Like if you have a healthier relationship with your significant other because of it, you get that vent session out of the way. I'm sure you feel a lot better after you go through your said gossip session.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this is so when it comes to just examples the type of gossip is it's not like mean spirited takedowns. It's much more like light commentary about friends, coworkers and acquaintances. Oh we do that all the time. Uh so Yeah, maybe that's one of the reasons why I would consider our relationship to be strong, because like if we if we go out put it this way, like when we go in like a group setting with friends and all their kids, it's not like it's personal. And again, it's not mean spirited, but I guess it's considered gossip when we're like, oh wow, man, they really need to get that in check because their kids terrible. I mean, it's not personal, it's not mean, wouldn't say it to them to their face directly, but like, I guess that's considered gossip, and I'll admit we at times do that, So yeah, I guess I fall in line there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think the word gossip. I think of middle school. That's what I think of.
Speaker 1: All Right, we've got an update of trafficking weather coming your way. We'll tell you how the roadways are looking here on this Monday morning. Scott's back on another sports update here soon right here on news Radio eight forty WHS