Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Hey, good evening, Chris Maryland from O Kelly if I'm six forty anytime on demand of the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Phoch, good to.
Speaker 2: See you, you too, man, Thanks, Buddy, Robert, good to see it's been so long.
Speaker 3: Have you aged horribly?
Speaker 1: How are you looking?
Speaker 2: I have not aged well, No, no, no, time has not been kind to me, not at all. Although hey, fun fact, I think you and I here to spend a few more days together in August because I think MO has some some vacation time built up.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, yeah, oh that's right. He does have a vacation coming up. We get those.
Speaker 4: No, he gets those, he gets he gets tawala, my man.
Speaker 3: How are you doing? Man? Hey brother, I woke up this morning. I'm fantastic, good, free, upright and ambulatory. Man. Complain right, yes, absolutely, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a that's a great point that you make, is that sometimes we complain about the things that we don't really take stock of the blessings that we do have. Right, And and we'll talk a little bit later on about what's going on in Texas and of course, as we were talking with Mark Thompson the last segment, anybody that's been through the wildfire disasters here locally.
Speaker 3: Of course that's the most recent one that we think of. You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's times like that that make us put perspective.
Speaker 3: On anything else that's going on. You know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I have a bad day at work and I sometimes I have to just kick kind of kick myself and go yeah, but you know what, you got a job. You know, you got to go to work today. You weren't worried about are the bills going to be paid?
Speaker 3: Right? Because you got that job, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I love that. I love that you said that. You know, you got up this morning. That's uh, I mean that's half the battle. So good for you. Been watching what's going on.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the raid through MacArthur Park was odd to see, you know, the the.
Speaker 2: Sort of procession of ice agents that were going through MacArthur Park and uh, horses and somebody. I didn't see it, but did somebody? Was there a tank in there too? We had armored vehicles or whatever.
Speaker 3: I thought. Man, we can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody imagined that when when people were talking about Trump and he was running for office and he says we're gonna build a wall to pour them all, I think a lot of people thought, all right, we're gonna clean up illegal immigration. And we kept hearing all this rhetoric about Biden's open border policy, and there was no open border policy.
Speaker 3: There never was.
Speaker 2: We still have a border, it was still being patrolled. We didn't we didn't fire CBP, nothing like that. But the complaint was that we were granting asylum requests to anybody that asked, right, and so people were freaked out because they basically said, people who are trying to come across our border have figured out how to play our system. And then the political speech turned into open border policy.
Speaker 3: It's not an open border policy.
Speaker 2: It's just that somebody figured out how do I get across the bord or without having to sneak across and they and they figured that out. So now what we're doing is we're saying, forget it, we're gonna deport everybody.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people were behind this. Right.
Speaker 2: Trump got elected U for the second time based on his immigration talk. I mean, there's this It really comes down to a couple of things. The guy's a business owner, and people say, oh, he's gonna be good for the economy and uh. And then they said, well he's gonna he's gonna take care of all this illegal immigration. Okay, so now we're seeing it, and people at the time went, you know, it's gonna look a little weird when you've got armed agents that are taking children out of the country.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna play very well.
Speaker 2: I made mention a year ago about how we we freaked out over Elian Gonzalez.
Speaker 3: Remember that back in the nineties, guys, remember.
Speaker 2: When, uh when, when we were we had to go get Elian Gonzalez, a Cuban guy who came here right and and Janet Reno caught all kinds of grief for uh, these armed agents. And there was the photo that became incredibly famous. And you haven't seen this if you were, if maybe you were too young you didn't see, or if you don't remember it simply being that one and it's basically an armed agent who's holding a very large weapon of war in the face of this I think he was like eight years old at the time, and we went, oh my gosh, and we exploded and I thought, this is not going to fly in America. We are not going to be cool with this when it starts happening and mass and.
Speaker 3: We kind of are.
Speaker 2: Although what we saw at MacArthur Park was I think it was one step beyond what anybody imagined. And what really hit home is when I saw somebody make mention of God, imagine if Biden had done anything close to that. I mean, you heard people talking about Byron excuse me, they talked about Biden the tyrant, Biden, and then it was Biden the incompetent and Biden the mastermind, Biden the idiot. He's somehow both. But just imagine if the Biden administration had militarized public parks in red dates. Imagine the blowback. Imagine what would have gone on on Fox News, on Newsmax, and oh yeah, they would have lost their minds. And yet we go, well, you know, that's that's what we voted for here, Well, we voted to get rid of illegal immigrants, and b this is this is what it's going to look like. Even Joe Rogan said, I don't think people imagine this. This is exactly what we were told was going to happen. And then it happens and people are stunned by it. So aside from the spectacle, aside from the imagery, there are, aside from the human side, the individuals who are dealing with, you know, where's my loved one or the loved one who goes, how am I going to see my kids again? These are obviously very very personal, very dramatic issues, but we also have an economic impact on this. California is feeling that now we are being singled out because we're a blue state, because we've got sanctuary sanctuary cities, and because it's really popular for GOP politicians to poke at California and New York. Right, we've seen that a good jillion times before. But the real world implications are this, it's starting to have an effect on the economy. Specifically, it's starting to have an effect right here at home where we're trying to rebuild from the wildfires. In fact, Katla was talking about how it's slowing things down.
Speaker 5: Realtor Brock Harris says, seems like this of immigration enforcement operations in the LA area are impacting rebuilding efforts in Altadena following January's wildfire. He describes federal agents recently visiting a job site of one of his developer clients.
Speaker 6: The ice agents visited looking for a particular person who wasn't on the job site, who wasn't at work that day. The next day, half the crew didn't show up to spook to come whoo.
Speaker 3: Half the crew didn't show up? How do you get the house built?
Speaker 2: To work?
Speaker 5: And Harris says he's seeing the impact on local construction more broadly.
Speaker 6: Job sites camouflaging themselves, pulling dumpsters in from the street, taking construction fences, hiding borda potties. Whether or not it's true, they feel like these places might be targets and it's making the workers less likely to come to work.
Speaker 5: Another woman who lost her house in the Eton fire tells us she's seeing an impact on her Alta Dina rebuild, too, telling us by phone that ahead of immigration raids in SoCal, twelve workers would come to her job daily. These days it's three or four.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, when hammers start swinging, we're not getting the houses we need rebuilt in Altadena.
Speaker 5: LA County Supervisor Catherine Barger, who represents this unincorporated area, tells us in a statement some Alta Dina constituents have shared that ice raids are slowing down their construction work. It's disappointing to hear this and another compelling reason why Congress needs to sponsor legislation that actually legitimizes and allows people to work.
Speaker 3: That's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: We know that's not going to happen because the administration for a while said, oh, well, you know we're gonna we're not going to prioritize construction, agriculture, all the jobs that we think of as being more stereotypical for people who are here without documents. But the Agriculture Secretary, Brooke Rollins, has now said that millions of adult medicaid participants are facing stricter work requirements under this new GOP, big beautiful bill, and they can replace the foreign farm workers that are being deported or I guess construction workers.
Speaker 3: So don't worry if your.
Speaker 2: House is not being built fast enough Alta Dina, because one legged Grandma is coming to the rescue. Rollin said, there will be no amnesty. Mass deportations are continuing, but in a strategic way, we will move the workforce toward automation and one hundred percent American participation.
Speaker 3: There is a difference between.
Speaker 2: Being able bodied and being able bodied for any job, and I think there's a big disconnect.
Speaker 3: I've often thought about this. Guys, can we just be straight here for a minute.
Speaker 2: Our jobs are pretty great, right, I mean, if God forbid, we were in a traffic accident we lost a leg, we could still do radio.
Speaker 3: Am I right? Well?
Speaker 4: Also, who wants to tell Brooke Rollins that nearly half the jobs in the United States don't offer health coverage, which is why those people need Medicaid.
Speaker 2: Well, what she's saying is, yeah, but now you can work and you get me your Medicaid. But the thing is is the point is they're already working. I think many of them are. Yeah, and that oh I sw what you mean? They are working and so but they don't have insurance, which is why they've got the supplement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great point, great point, Mark so so.
Speaker 2: But my I guess my question is how does someone who has a disability, who may be able to do office work, for instance, how does that person go to the fields to do agriculture work.
Speaker 3: They don't. They don't, I don't. If they have thought about this, that's that's not weird.
Speaker 2: Now now they don't know because I think I think what you're doing is you're just tapping into anger. And it's people who are upset and they go, well, uh, immigran it took mere job. And so they go, well, if we just got rid of the immigrants, that i'd have my job back. Okay, well, why don't you go do that job? Then why don't you go? You know, want work construction? Well I can't because I've got this other problem. Okay, well then who's gonna build the house?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: So you're you guys are right, there's we're not thinking it through, not thinking it through at all. Speaking of not thinking things through, there was a bill that passed a while back that said we have to demand more from our police officers. However, there were unintended consequences when that bill passed, and now there are concerns over what's gonna happen. Uh if we don't have enough officers. I'll tell you what the latest effort is to increase recruitment. That is next on Chris merrill In from O Kelly. Then I if I am six forty relive everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Webb you're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Moo Kelly Show, Chris merrill In from Moth Tonight k if I more stimulating talk and you can listen anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Okay, a few years back, do you remember there was a time, and I'm old enough to remember this, there was a time that we had some what we would call unrest in America. Do you guys recall this? And this came on the heels of George Floyd being killed at the hands of police officers, and we had an awful lot of people nationwide, and this kind of flew under the radar, but I do remember a few headlines about this. We had a few incidences where people were protesting police, and then we had this call to defund the police, which was the worst political.
Speaker 3: I guess tagline ever. It fizzled.
Speaker 2: It did not work, because the truth is, nobody wants to get rid of the police. You got a few anarchists who do, but for the most part, nobody wants to get rid of the police. What generally people wanted was police reform. They wanted a ability right. That was the big thing, accountability and they wanted to take a look at things like what do they call it qualified immunity, and they and they wanted to make sure that a light was shown on bad officers. Now, I've always said that body cams are an equalizer. Body cams protect good people from bad cops, and they protect bad They protect good cops from bad lawyers. Right, So with when you've got bodycam footage, it's another layer of evidence. And so CHP actually has now said they're going to equip all of their officers with body cameras. I didn't realize that just three years ago only three percent of California Highway Control officers had cameras, which that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Well now they say it's happening.
Speaker 2: So they've got about a third of them right now, and now seventy six hundred CHP officers are gonna start wearing body cameras. I think this is great. This This is really h officer's ability to counter whatever the you know, the TikTok is that's showing them behaving badly. Right, then they can you have you have totality, you have context around things. And when those cameras get shut off or they don't get turned on quite right, and there have been stories about this happening. It raises new questions and it puts a spotlight on that officer's behavior, and I think that's important too. So we want transparency. I love the body camps in California. After the murder of George Floyd, and again, I don't know if you recall this, there was a there were problems, we had some we had some people who were very upset about this.
Speaker 3: There were some there's some protests about.
Speaker 2: It, and California said, we need to make sure that we've got the best of the best wearing the badge. And so there was a law that was put forward that would say that all officers in California had to have a bachelor's degree. That law was later modified a little bit and it was said, Okay, officers have to be at least twenty one years old, and we're going to create a program for higher education requirements.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the reason they set a bachelor's degree is that stats show that if you have higher educated officers, you have fewer the questionable incidents and you have higher performing officers on the street. So Assembly Member Jackie Irwin, who's from Thousand Oaks, is proposing a new bill which would establish education standards based on recommendations that were made in light of this bill from twenty twenty. Some law enforcement and criminal justice reform advocates don't like it. The reason they don't like it is that her bill says you have to have an associates or a bachelor's degree, but there are.
Speaker 3: Exceptions, and.
Speaker 2: Within some of these exceptions that others are proposing as well, would be simply an equivalent, all right, So you could have your associates degree in modern policing your bachelor's degree in modern policing, and or you could have exemptions if you, for instance, have four years of military or four years of working as an officer with an out of state law enforcement agency. So somebody is living in Denver and they moved to southern California, then they could join the police force if they had four years with the Denver ped People are saying, wait a minute, Wait a minute, what's the point in having requirements if you're going to create these loopholes. So that's one of the issues that people are having. Another issue that people are having, and I think this is a very practical one, is hold on, you're putting these requirements on here professional policing certificates or associate's degrees or bachelor's degrees or whatever it might be. And when you do that, it decreases the pool of people that we can hire. In fact, what they found in the past is when they put requirements on applicants, they found that the number of applicants was cut in half. Robert Luna, the LA Sheriff, wrote a letter about this very thing, and he said that the sheriff's office once required all applicants to have a bachelor's degree, but the requirement was short lived because the office on immediate decline and applicants by about fifty percent. So what we've done now is we're saying, oh, we can't have high standards because then we won't find enough people. All right, So how do you find the right people and maintain the standards If you're running any other business and I'm not talking about the government, I'm not talking about law enforcement. If you're running any other business. Let's say that you work in the tech sector or you work in nursing for instance. All right, you're going to have certain requirements that are necessary, certain educational standards. You don't want somebody coming in as a programmer who doesn't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: They don't. We don't need to teach somebody how the mouse works. Okay.
Speaker 2: We expect that there's a certain level of education that somebody's gonna have. If you're a nurse, we expect that you're gonna have a certain amount of education and a nursing license. But with that comes some perks. And so when you've got a group that was screaming defund the police, and that same group is saying and for the people that are gonna be cops, you have to have these high standards. All right, what's the trade off? Because if you are requiring a professional degree, you're gonna have to pay professional wages. You're gonna have to have upward mobility within that job. If I have an MBA in order to get my job as middle management, I'm not getting an MBA so that I can be a middle manager the rest of my life. I'm getting an MBA so that I can be a middle manager and work my way up the ladder. If you're requiring a professional degree from peace officers, you're not gonna be able to continue to pay them ninety thousand dollars a year. You're gonna have to step up the amount of money that you're paying those officers. So do you want a decreased number of applicants. Obviously you don't. You want to have a broad pool of applicants. But you also want to have the best applicants possible. Here's what we know in any other job. If you want the best, you're gonna have to pay for the best. You're not gonna be able to require a professional degree but not raise that incentive for being an officer without seeing the applications drop off. It doesn't work like that. So you want the best, you gotta.
Speaker 3: Pay him like they're the best.
Speaker 2: One thing that we are seeing in southern California, and it's following a trend nationwide, has got to be music to the ears of law enforcement. And I'll tell you what that is here just a moment. It's Chris Merril KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 3: In from O Kelly.
Speaker 1: Tonight you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Forty gonname it Chris Merrily in from O Kelly, KFI AM six forty more stimulating talk. You can listen anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was just listening to our promo there about the moist line. I got in trouble at my real job today. So somebody brought in brownies and they asked how they were, and I said, and this is no joke, it was like the best brownie I've ever had. It was amazing, And I said, it is so moist it just falls apart in my fingers. And I had one of the girls in the office got mad at me for saying.
Speaker 3: The word moist. Women hate that word. I know they do.
Speaker 4: That's such a weird word to hate, especially since that was a compliment towards the baked good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're just like, I don't like to hear moist. Please don't ever say that again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also she's the person in the office nobody likes. So I'm not gonna sweat it too much. Okay, Well, to be.
Speaker 3: Careful because that person can still go to HR.
Speaker 2: You're like, he said moist. That is just very offensive to me. Like, I don't need that phone call, you know, I don't need HR to go. You can't use the word moist anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hate that. Hey, I got good news. Los Angeles is seeing fewer murders this year. We're down twenty percent.
Speaker 7: Yay, yay.
Speaker 2: We're on pace to see our best year since the nineteen sixties. Good job on not being so murdery people, Well done all the way around. The decrease mirrors a national trend, which some experts attribute to the COVID nineteen pandemic. Some people believe the pandemic and the lockdowns upended the routines and activities for many, So I guess they got more murdery and then a society closer to its pre tent pandemic form. Excuse me, homicide levels have dropped. I don't know what it is about the pandemic that was making us achilli. You know, when it first came out, crime generally dropped across the board.
Speaker 3: Nobody was leaving the house.
Speaker 2: It was like, listen, I could go do my gang activity, but I don't want to get sick.
Speaker 3: Right. But then we started getting.
Speaker 2: Bored with following the rules and trying to flatten the curve, and we said, ugh, these drugs aren't going to sell themsels So we went back onto the street and we started selling drugs and then killing people. According to the co founder of ah Datalytics, Jeff Ashery says, we're seeing really not just declines, but large declines, and across the board declines. I mean it's everywhere and here we are. We're looking at nineteen sixties level of murder. And I should point out this is raw numbers, not just percentages. So killings are way down. We're down to one hundred and sixteen through the first half of the year, one hundred sixteen murders and that means I think fewer than one a day.
Speaker 3: Good job. Really, last year.
Speaker 2: We were at almost one hundred and sixty people murdered by the end of June, so fewer people. But again, our population now versus the nineteen sixties is much greater, which means that our rate is even lower. So that's great, right, that's really fantastic, So good job on not killing people. One of the issues though, is that if you do go all murdering, you're probably not going to get caught. Yeah, got about a fifty to fifty chance if you if you murder somebody, about a fifty to fifty chance of getting busted. Well should I should modify that. Well, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Half of America's murderers, they say, get away with it. That's the headline. Half of America's murderers.
Speaker 2: Get away with the killing, which seems somewhat bizarre. I thought I had audio on this. I guess I don't. Oh, yes I do. Why didn't I open this up? That's a good question. Wait to go, Meryl.
Speaker 8: More people are getting away with murder, based on shocking figures published by The New York Times. According to the report, the homicide clearance rate, a metric used by the FBI to assess how many murders cops solve, was nearly fifty eight percent in twenty twenty three. That makes the US among the worst at solving murders.
Speaker 3: What why? Germany and are we just better at committee murder.
Speaker 8: Comparison consistently clears well over ninety percent of its homicide cases.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 8: Retired NYPD police officer Jillian Snyder has done her own research and puts the rate of unsolved.
Speaker 2: Kill Yeah, she did her own research. She watched some YouTube videos. That's how you do your own research nowadays.
Speaker 8: Puts the rate of unsolved killings in the United States between fifty one and fifty two percent. Most of the victims in that count young black and Latino men.
Speaker 9: Which is mind boggling because fifty years ago, agencies for solving upwards of ninety percent.
Speaker 8: Experts say there are a number of reasons why cases go cold.
Speaker 2: Okay, like like we don't care about the victims because they're people of color.
Speaker 3: Now, all that can't be true.
Speaker 8: More guns, more violence. A murder by a firearm is harder to solve. Gang related crimes are also difficult to crack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do they not have so many gangs in Germany?
Speaker 3: I mean I can think of one that they had, but it's been a while.
Speaker 8: Add to that a lack of resources and staffing issues.
Speaker 9: There's no way to think that a detective or investigator can take on ten to fifteen new serious violent crimes or homicides every month. That's way too much to be able to dedicate the time and the resources to a proper investigation.
Speaker 2: You know, I watch I watch a lot of TV, and my wife loves to watch true crime, but I think she's studying and what I what I realize is that each one of these crimes. I don't know if you guys ever watched like forty eight hours or whatever, right where they've we got to get a lead or else this case, you know, the chances of it going cold, double or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by not by force, but by just walking by. Yeah, I know what you mean. You know what I'm saying. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so I'm sitting there and I'm like, oh my goodness, I'm going to watch the show with my wife, and then and I realize they get a crime dropped in their lap, and it's not like it's not like, Okay, well, uh, we've got this murderer solve.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll have this wrapped up by dinner time so we can tackle another one tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I mean they're juggling a dozen murders at once, so that sucks.
Speaker 8: Distrust between cops and the communities they serve is another obstacle to solving crimes.
Speaker 9: There are times that people don't want to work with the police. They might have had a bad encounter, or they might have known someone that had a bad encounter.
Speaker 2: I think this comes back to why you're seeing people of color and communities of color are affected by unsolved murders more than other places because they're skeptical of cops. I wonder why, what could have possibly happened throughout history that would make them skeptical.
Speaker 9: But the police cannot effectively do their job and they can't get justice or victims without community support.
Speaker 7: Now, there are some potential solutions to help combat violent crime. Law enforcement and researchers suggest increased resources, more detectives, inner agency cooperation, and also the use of modern technology.
Speaker 2: Okay, modern thing. AI is going to fix the crime for us. Okay, good, We've got AI will fix everything. So tired of hearing about AI. I'm such a fuddy duddy. Am I the only one that's just going I just got to get to retirement before I have to learn everything about AI?
Speaker 4: You have to.
Speaker 3: I think Mark's pants tightened up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, AI is going to learn for you.
Speaker 3: You don't have to do anything, I hope.
Speaker 2: So I'm just imagining when the Internet came about from my parents and they were in their mid forties, and I'm just thinking, you know, my parents were very forward thinking.
Speaker 3: That was that was pretty great.
Speaker 2: But I also knew a lot of people who were in their forties and fifties the Internet came along and they went, I don't this is completely foreign to me. This is It's like learning a whole new language. Liked, how much do I have to understand this before I get to retirement. I'm just like, I just got to get to retirement before I have to let chat GPT take over everything.
Speaker 3: Those are the same people who still use the post office. That's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll just mail it in. No, no, no, no, I mean I'm very bad. I'm great with the Internet. That's great everything that was cool in the nineties and the two thousands, Like I.
Speaker 3: Was into it.
Speaker 2: I can tear apart a computer and put it together in ten minutes. I mean, I'm all there. But if you asked me to create prompts to make chat GPT make your job simpler, It's like, I have.
Speaker 3: No idea how I'm gonna do this, no clue.
Speaker 10: It is so crazy how easy it is though, really to literally like if you need to draft and I've had to draft documents to the staff that are work at the school, and just you just type in, say need to draft policy on tardiness, okay, and it just literally will write it out for you. Put in a few and they may ask you for some details. Yeah, and you provide that necessary information and Bam, You've got a legally hr qualified document in front of you.
Speaker 3: That I could do right that.
Speaker 2: I'm comfortable of that if you said, hey, can you write I need a document? Can you have a chat GPT help you with that? Yeah, that's cool. I can do that. But it's for instance, you saw it. I don't want to take you too far behind the scenes. But our show rundown, for instance, I have a very specific way I like to have my show run down.
Speaker 3: And I have tried in the past to say.
Speaker 2: Give me the top fifteen stories affecting the majority of people in Southern California, and it's like, okay, people in Southern California care about and it will give me something from November of last year, or it'll say, you know, it'll be like Jerry Brown is really working on that bullet train, and it's like, come on, you know. And so I don't think that it's necessarily going to work for me right now. Maybe that's my frustration that anything I've tried to do with it, I run into a brick wall and I go, this is not accurate information. It's not current information. It's certainly not in a format that I want.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you should go with your gut on this, Chris, And let me just cite exhibit A here and I'll rest my case. Apparently Elon Musk's Grock AI went full Nazi yesterday and called it to all that mecha Hitler and had to be shut off. So maybe a little skepticism about the AI he mark that goes Hitler, I am not. What I'm saying is that goes into the person and or people behind the design.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Like, if you have someone who is pro Hitler putting in the information, you're going to get mecha Hitler spitting back.
Speaker 3: Out at you.
Speaker 4: Oh, one little sighile and now everybody is pro Hitler.
Speaker 2: Cat GPT, can you give me an image of a proper salute and it goes out the yeah, all right, oh man, mecha hit Oh I hadn't seen this before. In addition to the responses about Hitler, Groc also referred to Israel as that klingy x still whining about the Holocaust and called itself mecha Hitler. Embracing my inner mecha Hitler is the only way. One Grock response read uncensored truth bombs overwoke lobotomies. If that saves the world count me in. Let's keep the brigade at Bay. Okay, Well, gra just plug right into Elon's head, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Maybe pump the brakes on the AI. Yeah, all right, boy.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see what the platform is for the New America Party. That'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Oh. I can't wait for it to write up the entire basis for that.
Speaker 2: California is saying no way to the White House because the White House says stop letting dudes play women's sports.
Speaker 3: It seems like its a little more complicated than that. That's next. Chris Merril AM six forty Live Everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. In from O Kelly Tonight.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Chris Marriland from O Kelly Tonight, KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: More stimulating talk listen anytime on demand on the iHeart Radio app. We've got the Twall and I are just talking about AI off the air here, and we've got another story coming up at about an hour a little bit after nine o'clock, we'll discuss chat GPT psychosis. There's some people who are using chat Toula was just talking about how much time it can save you if you know how to use it. But some people are using it as more of a conversation piece and it's making them nuts, like really terrifyingly crazy, involuntary type commitment sort of thing.
Speaker 3: So that's coming up here at nine o'clock. Did want to make mention of this.
Speaker 2: President Trump repeatedly threatening to withhold federal funding from California if we don't cooperate with a number of his initiatives, including changing the way that we treat trans athletes. Katla with the story.
Speaker 11: President Trump's Secretary of Education Linda McMahon is threatening more legal action after California refused to ban transgender athletes from school sports. McMahon said on X Today that state leaders will be hearing from US Attorney General Pam Bondi. The California Department of Education said Monday that it refused the Trump administration's demands to revoke policies on transgender inclusion and apologize to cisgender female athletes. The California legislature passed a law back in twenty to thirteen that allows student athletes to play on teams that match their gender identity. The Trump administration claims that violates federal anti discrimination law and is threatening to withhold federal funding.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, California, there's an easy way around this. You just say that you did create a policy, and you put it on Pambondi's desk right next to the Epstein files, and she should be able to find that they're right there.
Speaker 3: Ah, thank you, see what I did.
Speaker 2: We'll talk more about the Epstein files or the non files coming up here after eight o'clock. But while you've got the administration saying we're going to withhold funding, not going gonna do crap this, we're going to withhold funding nonsense. I'm so tired of this argument about how we're going to withhold funding. We're gonna hold tax dollars hostage. The federal government isn't gonna hold tax dollars hostage any more than we can hold our tax dollars from going to the federal government.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be nice if we could.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be great if California, who pays in more than any other state, could simply say, you know what, we're not gonna send our money to the federal government and Screw Kentucky and forget West Virginia, and sorry, Texas, you're on your own. These are all states that take more than they pay in. Wouldn't it be great if we could do that.
Speaker 1: We can't.
Speaker 3: And the federal government also.
Speaker 2: Isn't gonna be able to say we've decided we're not gonna allow this or that or the other thing.
Speaker 3: This is how.
Speaker 2: This is why when Lenna McMahon says, you're gonna hear from Pam Bondi, the Attorney General, that's how it's done. It's not about threats of withholding moneys. And I know the administration's tried to do this in a few different aspects, but we end up suing the administration.
Speaker 3: Saying you can't withhold our money.
Speaker 2: And the administration says, no, we're gonna do it if there is a legal dispute over state law versus federal law. That's what the courts are for, right And look, the administration has packed the court to their favor already, so they shouldn't be afraid of filing these lawsuits. In the meantime, they are suing California over our transgender athlete policies.
Speaker 3: California is refusing to comply.
Speaker 2: We're gonna sue back, and it's going to work itself out. In the meantime, it'll be interesting to see which politicians who are running for president continue to moderate on the issue.
Speaker 3: I wonder who I could be talking about. Huh.
Speaker 2: Chris Marland from Okelly KFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: App KS five and KOST HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 3: More stimulating talk