Speaker 1: Let's get into the minasorta goodbye. Now let's start with this one. Aaron in Plymouth is talking about Lo Choi Can Chow Main. Now, now we talked about this. It was the most random thing ever that came up that I don't think they even make it anymore. But Aaron, I think erin is probably closest to my age. I'm not really sure. He says. Last week you spoke about Lo Choi can Chow Maine. You said the bottom can was for the chow main and the top part was for the crispy noodles. As of once advid consumer of that very product, I can assure you that your memories are incorrect. The top can contain the meaty gravy beef or chicken, and the bottom held the vegetables. They were kept separate so the vegetables wouldn't get soggy. The crispy noodles were sold separately in a blue plastic bag. Bone appetite, Aaron in Plymouth, My memory is completely different. But you know what, Sometimes your memory it is so certain of something, but you're wrong. And I'll tell you a quick story. So I've thought about getting a rowing machine and Susan said, we used to have a rowing machine and you never used it and we gave it away. I said, no, we did not, and she said no we did. I said, well, describe it. She's like, well, I don't know. It's a rowing machine. I said, they'd have a screen on it. She said, yeah, it had like a you know, a timer and whatever. When she's like, I don't know, fifteen is years ago, I said, I don't think so. And I said I'm going to text Allison and Carson to see if they remember it being in the house. Within seconds, they both wrote back and said, yeah, yeah, we had a rowing machine. Yeah, I have zero memory. And I was certain that she was making this up in her mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So sometimes, don't you think we get these false memories?
Speaker 3: Well, I think in general, because that's the whole thing about like the Mandela effect, is that you think you have this idea of something, but then everybody else also had that same idea of something, so I believe in it for sure.
Speaker 1: Like the Sinbad movie that never took place right, or.
Speaker 2: The Berenstein Bears instead of the Bears, Stain Bears, and blah blah blah. There's like a list of all.
Speaker 1: The different ones that of all the things we think we remember, I.
Speaker 3: Swear five guys was five guys and fries. It's not called five guys and fries. But I swore that really name. And I remember telling somebody that like, oh, yeah, it's five guys, but it's actually five guys and fries. And they just don't want to put the entire name on the sign, and they're like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Okay, b dubs. Buffalo Wild Wings used to be called Buffalo Wild Wings and weck and wack look it up. Weck is I think kind of a roll. And then they took the name out of it because it started I think in Columbus, Ohio as like a little mom and pop shop. Does it say Buffalo Wild Wings and wec Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Says a rich Yeah, Buffalo wild wings. And we named b W three. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why it's called b W three because there were three w's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Buffalo wild wings.
Speaker 2: What the heck does weck mean?
Speaker 1: I think it's a bread, but I don't think that that sounds very good with wings. No, I don't know. I don't know what wing is.
Speaker 3: Beef The weck in the original title refers to beef on a weck, a sandwich originally served at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Interesting it is bread, You're right?
Speaker 1: Uh, all right, let's try another one. Hey, y'all Before anything else, I want to say quick thank you. I was reflecting on my last year in therapy the other day and I realized just how much your show has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life, including one of the darkest periods oppression. I've a depression I've ever experienced. Last year, my life was full of darkness, and there were days when it felt like getting out of bed was impossible. But listening to you all made me feel a little less alone. Wow. You gave me something to laugh at when I didn't think I had it in me, and something worth waking up for every day, and I'll always be grateful for that. So truly, thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you do. It means more than you know. I so love here that yeah, because you know, I mean, I think most people that listen they appreciate laugh at our show, but I don't think we change most people's lives. But that was really I'm so happy that we could have made you feel better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm glad you're looking. It's looking up for you. You're doing great now.
Speaker 1: Because this email is dangerously sentimental, let's pivot to the ridiculous. If you had to commit a crime, but it had to be ridiculous and non felonious, what would it be personally? I'd love to sneak onto a cruise ship blend in and see how long I could get away with it. I don't really have anything. Off the top of my head. I like your idea. It'd be fun to go to the Mall of America and see if I could hide overnight while they closed. You know what I mean. Yes, to like hide somewhere down in nick universe behind a shrub or behind something see ible.
Speaker 3: Don't to do that in like a grocery store so I can eat stuff while i'm there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, now that's illegal because you're actually you know, you're actually right.
Speaker 2: It's a crime.
Speaker 1: It is. It's a crime. You're right, Okay, and I forget about that one. Yeah, anything come from mind, Jenny.
Speaker 4: I would probably go somewhere where you're not allowed to to take a souvenir home, like the Black Sand beaches in Hawaii, or like do something where like you're not allowed to enter that area and enter it, you know what I mean, not like a dangerous not in a dangerous way, not like go to the Grand Canyon and walk past a boundary to get a selfie, but like go somewhere where it's like prohibited to enter, but you got a better view of something.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, that would be cool.
Speaker 3: Because so I went and visited the Washington DC when I was nine or something, and we got to go on a tour of the White House. And you can't tour the White House anymore after nine to eleven. And it was like literally the same year as nine to eleven, just earlier, and we got to tour the White House.
Speaker 2: It was really dope, but now you can't.
Speaker 3: So it would really cool to go places that you're not supposed to go and look around.
Speaker 1: H Okay, if you'd swap lives with one of the other hosts on the show for a day, who are you choosing and why? And if the answer isn't at least a little petty, I'll be disappointed. I'd be Jenny. So I could find out what it's like to have everybody stare at me and look at me desirously, so I'd probably choose Jenny.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I was going to say Jenny as well, just so I could know what it's like to have big boobs and a good button a pretty face.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you do have a pretty face, well, thank.
Speaker 2: You, but I want to have Jenny's face.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Jenny.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm like in between, honestly, in between you two, either Bailey or Dave. I feel like I'd want to do Dave, though, because Dave has a lot more money than me, and just the thought of being able to go on Amazon and order something to not feel like shit about it, because I feel like I probably don't have the money for whatever weird thing I just ordered.
Speaker 1: That'd be nice, you know, Okay interesting? And there's one more. What's the weirdest, most unhinged thing a listener has ever sent you? And please tell me it's not this email for me, there's no question. Back in the nineties, I want to say, a woman sent naked pictures polaroids of herself, wow, wearing a Santa hat. And she was, you know, moderately attractive, probably twenty five or so years old. Didn't know her didn't know who she was, never had heard of her, and I think she might have been a missing a piece upstairs. But she sent like, you know, not vulgar disgusting, but naked pictures polaroids. No, she was like kind of posing, smiling, and she must have a remote on her polaroid or something. And she sent them to me in a Manila envelope and I didn't know what to do with them, so I kept them for a while, like what do I do with these? And then finally I said what am I keeping these four? And I threw them away. So but that's the first one that comes to mind anybody else I have one.
Speaker 4: But also like it's strange, but it was also the best thing. Someone sent me the skin tag kit that I used to get my skin tag off about a year ago. Oh, they just randomly sent it in the mail, didn't have a note attached to it or anything. So they sent it to the station and I was like, well, this is weird, and I gave it a try. My skin tag is no longer. And I did find that person as they commented on my Instagram like reel of it, was like, oh I'm happy you got it, And I was like, man, I know who said this to me, but thank you and it works and.
Speaker 2: So it was great nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, she goes, thanks again for the laughs, the chaos and making my morning to my life feel a little brighter. Y'all are the real MVPs much love your mom, and then she says, JK love Kaylee, Kaylee, that was such a nice email. I'm so happy to hear about that one. Uka. Hello Morning show crew from Katie. Dave was recently talking about advertising and sponsorship. Have you ever had a sponsorship go wrong? If so, how was it resolved? No? I mean not that I can think of. I mean, there was one advertisement we did for a product called drives Scribe. Somebody look in the app store and see if drives Scribe is still a thing. It was basically, it was an app on your phone that you would have your kids drive with and it would tell them if they were speeding, suddenly stopping where they were, and it basically kept track of your teenage driver. Is it still there?
Speaker 2: I mean it's available on Amazon, which.
Speaker 1: I'm not seen it in the app store though, Okay, interesting and I wouldn't say it it didn't go well, I mean anything went wrong. I just remember that they were disappointed because they didn't get any results from it, and for whatever reason, people just weren't ready for an app that lets you follow your kids around. And if they're still in business, I'm not I'd be surprised because it's just you know, we always do a good job. We always try, but that particular product, I wouldn't say it didn't went wrong. It just wasn't that effective, Okay. And part two of the same email Sarah's I'm also wondering if I can get a birthday shout out to my wonderful cousin Sonny. Her birthday is on Sunday, February ninth. We were both avid listeners in Minnesota. Goodbye podcast and love talking about the show together.
Speaker 2: Birthday, Sonny, Thanks.
Speaker 1: For all you guys do. That is from Katie. And then this email came in on Friday afternoon, but we just now saw it today, so hopefully she'll hear the belated happy birthday shout out. Let's see if there is another one. Hold on, here we go. Last Friday, you were talking about waking up the middle of the night as a newly pregnant mom of a two and a half year old I love waking up in the middle of the night for a quick little snack. It helps prevent my morning sickness if I eat every few hours. It's the only time I get to myself lately. Haha. Actually just found out I'm pregnant less than two weeks ago. So very people know. Very few people know, and it's such a hard secret to keep. That's why we're not saying their name. Thanks for the entertainment. Every day am I driving to work to two daycare pickup. You guys are my favorite. You know, I'd love hearing that. That never gets old. If you ever see us somewhere and you come up and say, you know, I'm sure you hear this all the time, but I've been listening to the show for years. It's like I can never hear it enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like burritos. I'll never say that was my last burrito. I don't need another one, no, you know, because you know, a couple of days later, I'll be like, you know, what sounds good a burrito? Yeah, So you might think that we get tired of hearing we love the show, but it's like a.
Speaker 3: Burrito, No, And even I mean, I'm New so I have not as much of a fan base. But I like it when people walk up to me and they say I've been listening to the show forever, and I go same, me too, and then we go back and forth.
Speaker 2: But it's so nice, Like I got.
Speaker 3: I went to see Greece at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater on Friday and I had two people walk up to me to talk to me. And I also went to go see Burlesque on Saturday night and had three people come up.
Speaker 1: And talk to me that don't know you. I mean, they only know you from the show, really, but I don't even get that kind of action.
Speaker 2: It just well that's because you don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's a very good point.
Speaker 3: But like it was so nice because, especially at Green I was just kind of standing alone while my friend was talking to all of her friends because she knew everybody in the show, and so I was just kind of do to do. So it's nice to have somebody walk up and talk to me about the show because then I can talk about something I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I meet people. I like meeting people.
Speaker 1: Well that's cool. Yeah, all right, at least one more. Let's do this one, please, don't say my name. I was listening to your podcast after getting home from a vacation in Florida. My husband and I talked about moving to Florida for years, but we never did. Now we have small kids. After our recent vacation, we still really want to move to Florida, but we feel conflicted because now we have kids. Dave, I know you move from Colorado, and I know Falon's not on the show anymore, but she moved from Indiana. What are your guys thoughts, opinions, things to consider. We've consistently talked about moving to Florida since we first landed there. I'm so worried we'll regret not making the move someday. But also I feel scared to move away from family and have our kids miss out on living close to family. I'd love a sticker. I'll attach my address. We'll send you one, no problem. Been listening to you guys for years and love you all. PS Dave. When I was scared to fly after the recent crashes, I kept reminding myself of what you say about how less common plane crashes are today. It's very true. I'm gonna ask you, Jenny, you kind of walked in from the bathroom or wherever you might have been, and she's saying, when you moved to a new city like you did, was it hard and what are some thoughts, opinions things to consider?
Speaker 4: It is hard, But I feel like I'm not a great example because I moved during college when every single person was trying to make friends. So I was already in an environment where it was easy to meet people who are also trying to meet people. Okay, I guess just from other friends moving to different cities, I feel like a lot of people met their friendships through work. A lot of times, some people joined, you know, some kind of activity that they liked. I joke about kickball, But like, I do have friends who moved to different cities and joined kickball teams and they like got a lot of friends from that. So I think it just depends on like, you know, look for, like your interests. We talked last week about joining like Facebook groups where they like, I don't know, they do, like hiking or whatever it is, and you can meet people through that, and some.
Speaker 1: People are just better at it than others. I mean, I have a friend that moved from here to Colorado and she joined a single women's friend group and they would meet and go to lunch and I was like, how awkward would that be? But she loved it. Yeah, and she thrives in that kind of thing. For me, my connection to people was work, So I made friends at work. I mean like when I moved here, I was friends with Pat Eberts and some other people that worked on the show. Back then. The first time I moved away, I was twenty one. I moved to Las Vegas from Colorado, and I didn't know anybody in Las Vegas, but the news guy Bob became my friend, and then I made some more friends out there. So I made my friends through work. I never ever, ever once considered the awfulness of being away from my family. But looking back, I moved away at twenty one years old, and the only time I saw my family ever again was a couple of times a year for a couple of days. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And my mom moved from Ohio to Minnesota, and same thing, Like we only ever saw my grandparents like once a summer and then if they came out to see us. And I'm sure that was really hard for my mom. But like, if you think you're gonna regret not going. Yeah, go while your kids are little, because if you wait and go when they're like in you know, fifth tenth grade or whatever, then they're gonna be like, well, I'm not moving. I have friends here, I have a life here. So if you're gonna go, go now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think that, you know, we regret the things we didn't do rather than the things we did do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I will tell you though, that Beth and her kids, you know, they live in North Carolina. We never see each other. Yeah, we never do. And I don't know those kids very well at all. They're getting older, and you know, I told her, it's like you're always invited up here, come up anytime, send the kids up, send one at a time, send two at a time, whatever. But you know, but we're it's sad because we're not close. So an answer to your question, I would say, keep that in mind because that will definitely affect the whole thing. And thank you. I'm not going to say the name because you asked me not to, but I will definitely send you a staff writer sticker. That is it for the Minnesota Goodbye, Thank you for listening. Send your emails for tomorrow's Minnesota Goodbye. Would it be cool to be like, oh my god, this is my email on the Minnesota Goodbye. That'd be super cool. Ryan Show at KDWB dot com is the address.