Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one oh three point one in Austin or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, thanks for being with us. It's the JB and Sandy Show. You can find us on Instagram at JB Sandy at X. Gained another another follower on TikTok as we edge our way towards that magical number of fifty followers for brand new on TikTok. By the way, brand brand new on TikTok, We've kep TikTok. We've conceded to the Chinese Communist Party and we're allowing the.
Speaker 3: Down.
Speaker 2: See how we've been the knee to the Chinese and letting them see all the stuff now. TikTok is also at JB Sandy at X. Give us a follow there. When we get to fifty, we'll do a TikTok Live and I don't know what we're gonna do, but we're going to do something everyone. No one else is really doing anything on TikTok live either, so we might we'll joined the party.
Speaker 3: My name's Sandy, This is JB. Hello, and Tricia's here too.
Speaker 2: Hi, friends text us as well at seven three seven three zero one ninety six one hundred. We do have a chance for you to whin a thousand bucks coming up later on the show at nine o'clock. But Tricia, tell everybody about that cookie that you saw at Haley's Cakes and Cookies up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Haley Cakes and Cookies, they are the I love them because number one, their cookies are delicious, but also sometimes they put like inappropriate, definitely funny things on cookies.
Speaker 3: So tell me what you think about this one.
Speaker 4: Treat yourself like I thirty five and never stop working on yourself, no matter how inconvenient it is for everybody else.
Speaker 3: They squeeze that all on a cookie. They squeeze it all on a cookie. Boy, that's the truth about I thirty five. It's never going to be done. Yeah, never, No. This So Haley's given old Tiff a run for mine. Huh oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's been around for a while doing it, and.
Speaker 5: She's Schiff's treat's been around what twenty plus years?
Speaker 3: Maybe? Yeah? Different style, this is a different, different style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you know, TIFFs does the really good sugar and chocolate chip and snicker noodle warm cookie with the milk delivered to wherever.
Speaker 3: But Haley does like big.
Speaker 2: Sugar cookies with funny sayings, or sugar cookies that are shaped.
Speaker 4: Like a taco are decorated different drawings and stuff, funny sayings.
Speaker 2: They're on twenty to twenty two, just before six twenty like River Place.
Speaker 3: That's their north location.
Speaker 4: They have one on South Lamart right by Snooze, the Amazing Brunch Place. And then they have a location in Houston as well. So she's getting bigger and bigger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Haley's growing up, didn't she? Her stuff is good. Yeah, I got once. I had a home run JB.
Speaker 2: Once for Mother's Day, Hailey was selling these do it yourself sugar cookie kits, like create the cookies and then all the frostings and all that stuff where you can decorate them yourself.
Speaker 3: And I gave it Theutrica. She and Landry just went to town. That's a good gift.
Speaker 4: It's a great gift because it has the bags and the tips, and the icing's already mixed up and the cookies are already baked. You know what I mean, anything that you would need, you just sit down and do it. And one time Landry and I took a cookie decorating class at Haley Cake and Kits and Cookies.
Speaker 6: I know pretty good at it now. That was up their South one, right mm hmm on Lamar. It was just a big giant kitchen and a bunch of people that want to learn how to decorate cookies.
Speaker 4: It was a big, huge room with a bunch of tables that I think, where is where everybody sat to decorate like orders and stuff.
Speaker 3: Where there are any men in the class.
Speaker 4: No, not a single man in the class, not a single one.
Speaker 3: Does not surprise me.
Speaker 4: It's harder than it looks, you guys. She makes it looks so easy on her videos.
Speaker 3: It is not that easy.
Speaker 4: It's just like when I thought I could do a Bob Ross painting based on his instructions, it looked nothing like the Bob Ross painting.
Speaker 2: It's funny those things like cookie decorating. And we have a friend that makes soap okay, and her Instagram account is huge of her just making soap, you know, and cutting it into squares and all kinds of stuff and gets millions of views of her with their little homemade hippie soap.
Speaker 5: I switched to homemade hippie soap a few years ago, did you really, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just trying to eliminate anything with chemicals in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's just a lot of things you encounter in your life that you can change and tweak.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I get hippie soap now, But does the hippie soap make you not stink like a hippie?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It Actually they put some natural oils and stuff in it that have a nice scent to them.
Speaker 3: I kind of like it. It works on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know how like your typical like forever, we all just I don't want to name any brands or but you just used whatever and it actually smelled more like.
Speaker 3: A perfume because of the chemicals. Yeah, these smell more like essential oil and stuff like lavender is a really popular one. Yeah, I'm telling you it's good stuff. What happened to me when you tried to use natural deodorant? What happened? Did it not work? Was that not you?
Speaker 5: Am?
Speaker 3: I thinking of somebody else?
Speaker 4: You were like I tried one of these natural deodorants and look at my pits, and you're like it totally didn't work, sweaty and smell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just one of them. I mean, you got to get the right one.
Speaker 5: I'd made that switch to why we're getting off track here, but I switched to to one without aluminum, more of a natural one. You will sweat a lot at first, and then it adjusts, you know what.
Speaker 2: You know what I switched to just to go back like old school style is the straight edge razor.
Speaker 4: Really, Oh my god, I walk into just blood splattered all over the bathroom.
Speaker 2: If you did that, although I would like to have one of those those it looks like a coffee cup with the shaving cream dish and then you do it that way.
Speaker 3: That'd be kind of fun. Just go old school on that.
Speaker 2: Coming up on the show today, I did something to yesterday that I've been in Austin for thirty years and it's been there the entire time I've been there, never done it, and did it yesterday and had an absolute blast. We'll tell you about that just a little bit. And Trista's got the story we love coming up.
Speaker 3: What do you have? All right?
Speaker 4: I have all the information you need to know before Willie's Fourth of July picnic here in Austin on Friday.
Speaker 2: Trisa's got the story we love in just a moment, everything you need to know about Willie Nelson's Fourth of July picnic, which is happening in Austin this year.
Speaker 3: That's just a moment away.
Speaker 2: But speaking of the fourth of July, can we can we as a country come together and agree on something? And that is, although incredibly entertaining, the hot dog eating contest is disgusting on a ESPN, Can we can we agree it's disgusting, Still enjoy it? And you know it's about American as you can get just gorging yourself on things.
Speaker 3: But it's gross, isn't it. The grosses, the dunking, the bread and the water. It's funny. It's gross, but it's funny.
Speaker 5: For the last eight years, I was working on a cycling podcast and I would work with this Belgian guy, right, and.
Speaker 3: I showed him that once. I couldn't believe it because because it.
Speaker 5: Always happens on July fourth, that's that's Tour de France time, right, And he was like, wait, I don't understand what they And I told him how many they eat, like it's what's the record? Sixty something, sixty seven something like that. He goes, this is not possible, It's not possible. That's just disgusting and not possible. I was like, showed, I showed him because this is America. Man.
Speaker 2: The European mind just can't comprehend it, right, They just really gross?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And and Joey Chestnut is back this year. I just did a quick ban.
Speaker 5: He was banned because he did a like a plant based hot dog endorsement or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then Nathan's realized they don't have eating contest without the greatest of all.
Speaker 3: It doesn't really count, right, Champion.
Speaker 2: Contestants can dunk the hot dog buns in water or other beverages to aid and swallowing deconstruction rule.
Speaker 3: Here's the deconstruction rule.
Speaker 2: Contestants can separate the hot dog from the bun or eat them together. Vomiting during the competition results in disqualification. In case of a tie, a five hot dog bun eatoff is held to determine the winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah and eat off.
Speaker 2: No utensils are allowed personally, dogs and buns are count in eighths.
Speaker 5: So does anyone even come close to him? He's kind of like just trying to beat his own records.
Speaker 2: Right, He's Joey, He's just truly competing against himself.
Speaker 4: Like his only competition was Kobyashi, Right, and Kobyashi's out because something horrible happened to his stomach.
Speaker 3: I mean it, but he saw that coming. It's brilliant marketing.
Speaker 5: If I if I'm going through the grocery store and I'm I'm picking up some hot dogs for Fourth of July and I see Nathan's there.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm getting. I'm get them. I'd get them for that reason alone. Yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 2: But by point being, we can all agree it's disgusting, right, Yeah, yeah, it's just cross his stories.
Speaker 3: We law from the Lesterhold Studio. Here's Tricia Delicia all Right.
Speaker 4: Fourth of July is on Friday, and Willie Nelson's iconic Fourth of July picnic and fireworks display is making its return to Texas.
Speaker 3: Did you guys realize it was a New Jersey last year? I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, that doesn't seem right when it's not in Texas. So it's back this year. It's setting up shop at the Germania Insurance Amphitheater out at the Circuit of the Americas. This has been going on since nineteen seventy three, so basically almost as long as I have been alive. Some of the people who are playing, and these are all people every year that Willy.
Speaker 3: Hand picks himself. You don't say no if Willy invites you, not at all.
Speaker 4: Willie Nelson family, so I assume that's his son and other people who always play with them, Bob Dylan, the Abet Brothers, the Mavericks of course, Asleep at the Wheel. And then somebody named Tammy Neilson. Is it bad that I don't know who Tammy Nielsen is.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know any Nelson.
Speaker 4: Nope, it's Nielsen rolled up under Nelson family. I think if it was Nelsie Tammy Nielsen. So yeah, doors open at three o'clock, tickets start at seventy seven dollars and seventy cents. Not bad, Okay, show kicks off at four, and then you need to look up a circuit of the America's Park parking rules, stuff like that, alternate transportation options.
Speaker 3: But I think it's going to be a good show. And I'm just glad it's back in Texas. Everything feels right again. My daughter's going.
Speaker 5: She is so excited, and she she got bought tickets with a friend or two and didn't realize that Bob Dylan was playing and Avett Brothers.
Speaker 3: She's so excited. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really, she's done with Bob Dylan. She's twenty three and she's cool with Bob Dylan.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, with the biopic coming out, I think it's very relevant and introducing a lot of young people to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, the same thing happened with Queen for a lot of young people. But yeah, samething's going to happen with Springsteen when that comes right.
Speaker 4: Have you seen that trailer JB of Jeremy Ellen White singing is Springsteen. It's unbelievable. It sounds exactly like him. He does all the singing, Oh wow, like Schalome did with Dylan.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But Jimmy, you were never a huge Springsteen fan? Were you?
Speaker 5: My saxophone? It's I have hey, I admire respect. Everybody listened to Born in the USA Times. It's a great record. But when they break off into saxophone Jam, I'm like, I know he passed away, but I'm sure they throw somebody else in there.
Speaker 3: It's his nephew.
Speaker 4: It's his nephew who replaced him playing the saxophone he played on Why can't nephew's nephew Clarence's nephew is playing Clarence's saxophone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to always get kind of tuned out on the record of when I was listening to it. Anytime Bruce said let him hear it, big man, I'm like, Oh, here comes Clarence.
Speaker 3: Clarence. Why Clarence with his saxophone killed it?
Speaker 5: Every time there was a time and a place for saxophone, like in Excess did it? Well, there's a few bands out there, but most of them kind of dropped it.
Speaker 2: Bands with saxophones for five hundred Alex Kenny G just didn't. Is that a saxophone that Kenny G played all THEO?
Speaker 5: No, I know he he was an.
Speaker 3: Obo guy or something like Clarnet Obo.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but I'm just now I'm now for sure thinking the bands with.
Speaker 3: Saxophone, I know it's it's just bugs me. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Now he played just different soprano, alto tenor sax Maybe he just had a modified win It didn't look like a saxophone, but yeah, that's what he played.
Speaker 3: Minute work could get away with it. But that was the eighties. Yeah, Dave Matthews band had a saxophone. In it. I was never a big Dave Matthews band. Yeah. Either it was big and like the SKA sound. Yeah.
Speaker 5: If you remember the specials like No Doubt would Do It Madness, that was a time they all moved on, they all got away from it.
Speaker 3: Not Bruce, earth Wind and Fire. They had a saxophone player in there. I remember arth Wind and Fire.
Speaker 2: A lot of the funk and soul bands they had to have a Sacker saxophone for that. So but I think the most iconic and recognizable saxophone and modern rock and roll is the Big Man Clarence Clements.
Speaker 3: Have fun.
Speaker 2: If you're heading out the Willie's picnic, I would, uh, you know, I'd recommend sunscreen if you're going just oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Recommend sunscreen and check out there what you Cannot bring it in list, because I feel like it's longer than what you can bring in.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what.
Speaker 2: Else are great and they're super cheap and they keep the heat off of you. As I got it, I think it's a quick silver one of those big stupid straw hats. It's it's enormous, But man, did they make a big difference. And they're like, oh yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: On the lake.
Speaker 5: I'm on the lake all the time. Yeah, and Big Straw is awesome. Yeah, Hoka makes one too. I think our Hookah or hookah or something like that. It's a fishing brand. I can't remember, but yeah, Hemlock is on if you can get it in time a couple, if you can get it delivered. I think it might be on Amazon, So grab that before your head.
Speaker 3: Not the Wheellies. So that is the story we love.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, I did something that I've wanted to do in Austin for a long long time. It's been here forever. I've never done it, but yesterday my daughter, lantricianized daughter and I Landry went and did it. We'll tell you what that is. Coming up next to Austin's eighties station one O three point one