Speaker 1: Ah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Fred Rrogan, Jonas Nachen today for Rodney on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Well, it was tight last night, at least for a while. Well actually it was tight for a long while, and when it was all said and done, the Dodgers prevailed. Now, so Heo Tani tripled in the ballgame. I think the fans and Anaheim pretty much acknowledged his presence and were happy to see him. Jonas, what would you.
Speaker 1: Say, Yeah, I would think so. And look, it was kind of the feedback that we got yesterday when we talked to people who are Angels fans and they were just saying, look, we're going to celebrate the guy. We had a guy call in say we like going out to the ballpark and it's still fun no matter what. And it's more of a representation of where the organization is at, where the ownership is at, and less of Otani leaving. So it feels like maybe there were some booze. I didn't hear any in seeing him walk up to the plate and how he was celebrated, especially in that first of bat, but it seemed like everyone was really I think he's a really good guy, really well liked by everybody who comes in contact with him, and I think there's also this element of respect where it's like, even if you're still bitter and still pissy about it, you do kind of recognize, Yeah, but we're never gonna see this again in baseball, Like, this is a special player doing special things. So appreciate it while we can. And I think that's one thing that baseball fans do. They celebrate greatness, and they really do put a premium on special feats. And the guys in the middle of trying to go fifty to fifty for the first time ever, so maybe they're just excited to see that as opposed to the awful baseball they watched all year.
Speaker 2: All right, So what did you think of the Angels tribute?
Speaker 1: I mean, it was better than nothing, you know, they put together. I did see there was like a little bit of a like a montage video that was thrown together. I don't know if that was played in the ballpark, but I did see it. It was on like TikTok or someplace like that. It looked more like something you would get for a high school yearbook. To be honest with you, little nickel and Dime if you ask me not maybe not so surprising. And then they had a tribute on the video board. Some people stood up, you know, gave him that standing ovation, celebrated him. I mean, you made it seem like he was gonna get nothing. They were gonna boom out of the building.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't say they were gonna boom out of the building. But yesterday, when the Angels were asked, they said there was nothing planned. I loved change.
Speaker 1: But you made it seem like they were going to be selling decoy dartboards. You know, when when people walked into the stadium, like the first eight thousand people that walk into the stadium like that. O'll show you the difference between the two fan bases. When the Dodgers do a bobblehead night, it's the first forty thousand. When the Angels do a decoy dartboard night, it's the first eight thousand, because they're figuring there's no way in hell eight thousand people are showing up here. But they showed up. They celebrated him, and you know, he had a triple. They had a little bit of hope, and the next thing, you know, the guy that people forget was all in the conversation for Best Player in Baseball also plays with the Dodgers, and he comes up big in a moment where he felt a little bit disrespected by the Angels.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, the Dodgers struggled at the plate. The game goes into extra innings. Ron Washington has a decision to make, and he said, all right, we're o tod he's not beating us. First base is open. We'll just walk him there you go. We're not letting him beat us, not in this ballpark, not with all these Dodger fans here, not letting him pour salt in the wound. I'm gonna make a baseball decision right here and right now. We're gonna put him on. All right. Well, you couldn't argue sure it was a savage move because every Dodger fan in that place wanted to see him hitt in that situation. But Ron Washington is a savage. He doesn't care. He'll go for it. Yeah, that's true, and he made the decision. Okay, Well, now what you've done is you've pretty much ticked off Mookie Bets because I don't know what time in his career where someone has been walked ahead of him, so then you'll get to face him an MVP. So he walks up there and goes, okay, well that's how you want to play. You have no respect for me. You'd rather see me hit than Otani. All Right, I'll hit and he did out of the park and that was that.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: It could not have gone worse for Ron Washington and the Angels in that scenario.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, what really are your options? All right? If you pitched O'tani and you know he hits a gapper or goes, you know, hits a home run, then you know, all of a sudden, it's how could you do this? And knowing the moment, knowing the situation, he would have gotten the Dave Roberts treatment. And I think that he made the best baseball decision in that moment to where he just looked at the percentages, he looked at what the situation was and just said, okay, I'm going to trust that in this matchup, it makes the most sense to go ahead and pitch to Mooki Betts as opposed to Otani, which tells you how great Otani is, because if the better option is to pitch to Mookie Betts, who is a first ballot Hall of Famer who is one of the better players in baseball, even though he's been up and down this year because of the injury and all that, If that's a better option than pitching, to show Aotani, that's the type of great play we're seeing from Otani, And how great of a player is that Mooki's a better option. Like no other place in baseball is Like where else in baseball is outside of maybe the Yankees this year with Aaron Judge, Like where else is Mookie Betts the second best player on a lineup like it doesn't exist, and the Dodgers have it, Which is why I've been confident this entire time. Look, I know last year was last year in the postseason with that lineup, those two guys, especially if Mookie's healthy, they're going to be fine in the playoffs. You want everything thrown in and everybody fired. I get that. That's the way you want to play this game, Fred, not me. That team's won in the World Series. Exhibit A, b C. Go all the way through. Z it all played out last night at Angel Stadium.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we have Mooki talking after the game about oh Tony being walked to get to him, and that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't happen often, so I kind of kind of blackout.
Speaker 1: I just knew, uh, you know, they walk show to get to me, and I was just like, all right, I mean that's kind of what you want. But you know, unfortunately it went well.
Speaker 2: It's kind of what you want. I mean, all right, if that's kind of what you want.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you're going to get it. It's like Denzel and training Day, how you want a dog close casket? Like, okay, is that we're playing this game. I mean, it's just awesome, Like to think about this, like this lineup and the fact that we're getting these three guys down on the stretch and into the postseason at the top of the lineup. That's fun.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That's a really, really good the good way to start the game for the Dodgers and apparently a good way to end it to based on last night, so.
Speaker 2: You know, extra and they start with a man on second base. I know Adam hates that rule. I absolutely love it. I think they should put it in the playoffs as well. Geez, I think get anything to shake it up makes it better.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: Fred, You're out of your damn mind. It may be a necessity to make games go faster during the regular season and to not wear out bullpens in the playoffs. You want that gimmick ghost runner on second?
Speaker 1: You think that's a good idea? Do you want? Do you want shootouts in hockey after the first five minutes? Or do you want overtime hockey in the playoffs?
Speaker 5: Come no, I cred do you like baseball? Because that's not Baseball's not baseball? Fred you no, no, no, no, to be the purest not like that rule.
Speaker 2: I love that rule. You know how I always thought they should end ties.
Speaker 1: How's it?
Speaker 2: And I'm dead serious. Everybody laughed at me. Home run Derby? Okay, home run Derby, all right, but that's how home run Derby.
Speaker 5: And make the pictures have to hit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 1: I mean that would be great.
Speaker 5: Rock and Jock from MTV.
Speaker 1: What are we doing for head?
Speaker 2: I think that would be the best.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, this sounds like somebody who's had to cover enough sporting events to where your thought is not what's best for the sport, it's what's going to get me out of the stadium, quicker, That's what it sounds.
Speaker 5: Like, AKA, you don't want to watch anymore.
Speaker 2: No, my thought is what's best for me the fan?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: No, you what will be the most exciting thing for me the fan?
Speaker 1: And No, your thought is what's going to get this live shot done quickest so I can get over to uh whatever place has got ribs for seventy five percent off?
Speaker 2: Like, come on, if I knew where that place was, I would have gone all the time seventy off. No, I really think it's exciting. I like the ghost Runner. I think it makes the game more exciting.
Speaker 5: How do you think they handle that when it comes to stats? Is that just does the picture get counted for that? Or a era? Does the hitter get an RBI there when the guy was already on second?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: What are we doing? Fred? That stuff is not baseball. Baseball is a game of anticipation. That is the point of it. If you don't like that, you don't like baseball.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, Adam. Do they still wear leather helmets in the NFL?
Speaker 1: Great point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's totally to a safety issue.
Speaker 1: That's a great.
Speaker 5: Parallel, Fred. No, things evolve like equivalency. It's not the same thing. It is some rules are better robots calling balls and strikes. That would be great. This is different. This is not baseball. If you like baseball, why do you want less of it?
Speaker 2: Not a question of less of it, it's a question it is you want the game over. No, what you want in any sport is a sense of urgency. Well, that run around second base all of a sudden, there's a sense of urgency. It makes it more exciting.
Speaker 5: The runner that didn't earn getting to second.
Speaker 2: Base, yeah he did, he got there. He walked over.
Speaker 1: Big time.
Speaker 5: Fred, he still got there. Man, they are athletes, I forgot right.
Speaker 2: So I don't think we need to belabor it because I think most people would agree with me that the x RA inning rule does work.
Speaker 5: Yes, nobody that wants that in the playoffs read but you nobody?
Speaker 2: You know? Of hands? All right? Show a hand? See I see three that went up? Immediately? They want it like me? They do. I saw a show of hands? Or is Vick would say, a show hey of hands? Listen, Adam, they're referring to you.
Speaker 5: As well, Fred, Those also don't count, all right? Those hands aren't up?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Fine? Uh? Oh, by the way, were you at the game last night? Did you experience the Anaheim game last night? If you did, you didnt give us a call A six seventeen.
Speaker 1: You were asking me like, why the hell would I go to that game? You know what it would take to get to get from Thousand Oaks to Anaheim.
Speaker 2: They're gonna slept down there? Are you kidding me? No? But if you did go, if you went to the game, love to hear your experience. What the crowd was like? To me, watching seem more Dodger than Angel fans. I know the game was sold out. Jonash we talked about that yesterday. You know, what would the crowd be like forty four and change. I'm seeing I think their biggest crowd of the season. Here's what's interesting and show how Otani certainly helps in one regard. So the Dodgers four years, not the Yankees. The Dodgers were the top road draw in baseball. Not the Yankees. The Dodgers, so when the Dodgers went into another city, those teams would have their highest attendance per game. They were the top road draw in baseball. Now you add Otani to that list and they are far and away the top road draw. That means Cincinnati wants the Dodgers to come in because they'll be close to a sellout instead of drawing eighteen thousand, and Cincinnati would have drawn close to a sellout even without Otani if the Dodgers were in town, because they are the top road draw So now Otana used to play for the Angels, and when Otani played for the Angels, they were the fifth highest drawing team on the road, right, so the Dodgers would be ahead of them, the Yankees, probably the cub somebody else in the Angels. Otani no longer plays for them, and they are the worst drawing road team in baseball. So if Pittsburgh draws eight thousand a game, when the Angels come to town, they'll draw seven. Just the loss of Otani hurt the Angel brand nationally because he was the brand, and losing him like they did really was devastating, just devastating.
Speaker 1: And it does feel like is well, and you know, maybe Patrick O'Neill can touch on this a little more, but even sort of the like even sort of like the aura of like Mike Trout that's kind of lost it. And I know he's been banged up and I get all that, but it's almost like that's not even enough to really get people to want to get excited about the team. And that's another guy who was in the conversation for best player in baseball for years and really, like it is kind of interesting when you factor it in like this, like you could make the argument, depending on the season, Mike Trout or Mookie Betts is the best player in baseball correct, And both of those players have both been overshadowed by show Heyo Tani when he's gotten there, which is like wild to think about that. He's been on two teams that have had the best quote unquote player in the league, and show Heyo Tani has just completely overwhelmed all the coverage, all the conversation when it comes to those two franchises, and even with Mike Trout is just not the same as it was. And I think a lot of that has to do with injuries, but there's also a but you once had Otani and now what's left over? And what's left over? As you've touched on, you know, the lowest road attendance in Major League Baseball this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really frustrating for him, but you know, they did it themselves.
Speaker 1: I have like a quick, fun little game for you. Okay, So the Dodgers are the best road team as far as attendance goes in Major League Baseball? Can you name the rest of the top five? Like, if you had to do? We have any game show music, like impromptu game show music we can throw on for this?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: I want to see how good you are at this, Fred, because this this feels like something that would be right in your wheelhouse. Okay, set up there on a tee. We're talking best road attendance in Major League Baseball this year. This is the MLB Attendance Report according to ESPN, So hopefully we can talk about this without direct TV shutting it off. So what was you what would be your guest? The top five? After the Dodgers are won? Who do you got? Two through five?
Speaker 2: H and no specific order? Yankees they are three, Cobs they are twelve. Cubs are twelve? All right? Red Socks.
Speaker 5: No hmmm, um, gotta be Rockies.
Speaker 2: There's gotta be eight.
Speaker 1: What took you so long?
Speaker 5: Sacramento as M.
Speaker 2: I don't have two. I don't even have two nails.
Speaker 1: No, the Yankees are three. There's one team just ahead of the Yankees.
Speaker 2: And it wouldn't be your wouldn't be the Cobs.
Speaker 1: No, not all Giants. Well, the Giants are five, which surprised me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now I'm I need two.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've got the Dodgers at one, you got the Yankees at three, you got the Giants at five. You need two and four. Okay, I'll give you a hint. They're both. They're both from the same division in the n L.
Speaker 2: Cardinals, no Braves.
Speaker 1: Braves are four, not Mets, No.
Speaker 2: Phillies.
Speaker 1: The Phillies are two. There it is, Yeah, I mean if you just look at it like this, though again star power, like the Phillies have studs on that team, Bryce Harper, another player in the conversation for best player in the league. So like, if you just look at it on the surface, like traditional fan bases, you go, okay, well maybe the Phillies wouldn't You wouldn't think of that, And then you think about all the talent they've got there the Braves. I think Adam made the point. You know there's a lot of Braves fans. They travel well, they were on the superstation for years, Like a lot of people grew up watching the Braves. Same with the Cubs, like a lot of people grew up with WGN watch the Cubs, so they've got fan bases, international brands. But star power does help. Star power does attract. So if you can get Phillies Dodgers in an NLCS, I mean tell me people wouldn't be thrilled with that. I mean probably a lot more thrilled than if you get the diem Backs. No disrespect to your serpientes in an NLCS.
Speaker 2: Again, there you have the whole list. Yes, who's last? Give me the last five?
Speaker 1: Oakland Angels are last Angels? Oakland Angels, Royals at twenty nine, Mariners at twenty eight, White Sox at twenty seven. I can't believe the White Sox aren't thirty one. And then the Cleveland Guardians and I almost said the former name, which probably would have gotten me fired there at twenty six. So Cleveland, Chicago and the Al Seattle, Kansas City, and the Angels. That's your bottom five the road attendance in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: But last night the Big A was sold out. All right, if you were at the game last night, we want you to call and want to hear from you. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. What was the experience like? By the way, what team were you rooting for? You could have been rooting for the Angels, But what was it like to be there in that that stadium last night? Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Now a word from Jacob. If you were recently injured in an accident but have not called our friend Jacob yet, what are you waiting for? Not taking action may cost your money? What does that mean. Let's say you were injured in a car accident a few months ago. You thought the pain in your back would go away, so you never went to see a doctor. But now a few months later, it's getting worse each week. Here's your problem. Because it's been a few months since the accident, much more difficult to prove that your back pain was caused by that accident. Therefore, you'll probably have to pay for this yourself. Why would you do that? Don't put yourself in that situation. If you're injured in an accident, called Jacob immediately. He'll get you to the doctor. No money out of pocket. You can physically recover and not have to pay for it yourself. Consultation's free. You can have it face to face, or Jacob's team can come to you, or you can go to Jacob's office. When you call an attorney, you want one who was respected. You call Jacob. He's the real deal. And remember the consultation is free. Called Jacob at eight four four to twenty four Jacob eight four four twenty four Jacob, or visit called Jacob dot com A six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Let's hear it. You were there, We want to hear your experience, what it was like. Did you encounter any problems? We'll take your calls next. Let's go Jonas knots in for Rodney today. All right, dodg your fans or angel fans, if you did you encounter any problems? Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. And let's go to Anaheim and start with Edgar Edgar, thanks for holding during the break.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Hey, how you doing, sir?
Speaker 2: Doing fine? Edgar? By the way, when you call, wait a minute, Edgar, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. When you call, we're both great and happy to take your call.
Speaker 1: Oh hold on a second, hold on, don't speak for me.
Speaker 2: How are you? Jonas?
Speaker 1: How you doing, Edgar, I'm great. How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing great. I'm just a little nervous to be on that here.
Speaker 2: All right, don't be nervous. Just go ahead, Edgar, go ahead.
Speaker 7: But okay, So so last night's game, Okay, so we're sitting in the top deck. Incredible when Otani came up, like everyone started chanting MVP, MVP, MVP. And you can just send the adrenaline, you can. You can just feel the emotion of Dodger fans, like I truly believe a stadium packed with so many fans and all the adrenaline and and you know, everybody loud. I cannot see anyone beating the Dodgers. I can just see it. It's too talented. On TV. It's totally different than being there when you're when you're there, you can just you can just send the emotions. They're just they're just better. Like Otani is a freaking monster. I thought about clothes. I didn't realizee he's that big. I was so freaking big.
Speaker 2: Edgar, Thanks, thanks for calling. That's the thing. But you know what, Edgar makes a valid point. That's the thing you don't understand if you've never seen him in person. He's freaking big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the words of Edgar, Yeah, he's a big dude.
Speaker 2: He's a giant.
Speaker 1: Like you see him next to like some guy like example booky bets you see him next to MOOKI bets Like wait what, Like he's like he's a big guy. And for him to be able to do what he does, like at that size, stealing fifty like getting fifty stoolen bases in a year, it's like, come on, dude, like what are we talking about here? He's a freak show, Like we've never seen it before.
Speaker 2: And Edgar made another valid point. I don't think we've ever had one of our listeners say this. It's one thing to see it on TV. It's quite different to be there and feel it and experience it and look at those guys and go you can't beat them.
Speaker 1: And now I don't know if this is confirmed as a last Night's game, but I know that this happened. I think it was a few weeks ago where apparently they didn't have any Wi Fi at the stadium, which seems a little bit suspect on the reporting there, But that isn't a report that came from somebody who sent a tweet into us.
Speaker 2: Where an Anaheim or Dodger Stadium, and.
Speaker 1: I'm at a stadium that there was no uh no ability to get on Wi Fi. Apparently that's uh I mean, look, you know you gotta cut, you gotta save money where you gotta save money.
Speaker 2: Well, they had to hire more people because they had more fans there last night, so they had to cut somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point, Like I just got rid of the Wi Fi. Like what would have been if not the Wi Fi? Maybe the lights like that had just gone past a certain point, you know, like you get the like the the I know Edison will send us notification and be like, hey, so these are peak hours, Like whatever you do, don't run the AC during these hours because those are peak hours. It's gonna be like two times to cost. Like apparently like maybe an Anaheim, you know, Artie Moreno's like, all right, listen, we got to get this game. I know we're going to extras, but can we speed this up, like groove something in there for mookie bets so we can get out of here. Because I don't want to pay peak hours on electricity after like eleven o'clock at night. So maybe there's that.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, like Joe Joe in La Joe, were you there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, I want to be nice and Fred, you're a great sports cast, but sportscasts do not know what the hell are talking about when it comes to things like you're talking about and Adam was talking about. And I agree with Adam one hundred and the one thing that they need to change it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, thank you, Joe. We're not talking about that. We're talking about if you were at the game last night. Were you at the game last night? Joe?
Speaker 6: I told Adam that what.
Speaker 2: Did you tell Adam?
Speaker 6: I told him I agreed with him?
Speaker 2: And then Joe, Joe, stop, stop Joe. I don't care if you agreed with Adam. Were you at the game.
Speaker 5: Last night Friday, wasn't there?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Think about Joe. Joe's gone, Adam, what are you doing? Joe's done?
Speaker 5: If that guy agreed with Fred's argument, would Joe Adam?
Speaker 1: I would not have talked to him.
Speaker 2: We're talking about people who were at the game last night, not Joe talking about extra innings.
Speaker 1: Adam had a ringer, No, Adam look it wasn't a plant.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it was because he told you what he wanted to talk about.
Speaker 5: It just turned out he disagreed with you.
Speaker 1: Fred.
Speaker 2: No, thank you for listening. Joe. You can call back when we talk about.
Speaker 1: By the way, Fred, can I have your back here? I think you know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go on longer? Go ahead? No, that's how we do it.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you, like I got your back here.
Speaker 2: You know, thank you?
Speaker 1: You go, we go. It's like backdraft.
Speaker 2: Is that horse?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Your bull eye axe?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, thank you? Uh ax. Anyway, if you were at the game last night, that's who we're talking to now at a six six ninety seven, five seventy. Adam, don't do that. Don't do that? What are you doing? What was that? Adam?
Speaker 5: It was funny, is what it was. Fred, One bad Joe was got to kill you. Oh my goodness. This guy was going.
Speaker 1: You should have heard him off the air.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: I've never had to dump someone off the air before. That's how loud he was. By the way, you know the best part about that. This is the problem with you sportscasters. You don't know what the hell you're talking. You're right, we're weather men pretending to be sports casters. I've never seen a sporting event. No, I had no clue, that's my fair Like I dared on Fox Sports Radio to point out how weird this situation was between the Browns and Deshaun Watson, who I call massage Watson. And you should see some of the stuff that I've gotten in my inbox. Oh my god, Like if he was white, you wouldn't be saying this if he would, Like, I mean, we're calling homophobic slurs, racial slurs, like I've gotten it all all because you dared to have a different opinion, Like, so, Fred, how dare you have a different opinion than Joe, because then you're gonna have to hear about it when he calls in. Yeah, it's not the subject.
Speaker 2: And he, by the way, he's more than welcome to call in when we discuss that. Now, let's see if Craig wants to talk about what we're talking about. Craig, thank you for holding go ahead ahead.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Fred, I appreciate you. You're still my hero Rogan's heroes. As there was a kid I was at the game yesterday. It was probably sixty forty Dodgers, but it sounded like ninety ten. The Angel sounds are still mad over not being able to retain Otani having bad ownership. The only highlight of the game where the Angels was the pitcher throwing hundred and five point five miles. For other than that, it was all Dodgers. We took over that stadium. We made them under ten who their daddy is? And that's did fred. I love you guys, keep on rocking.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, thanks crag. We know who their daddy is now. By the way, I actually thought that pitch was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't believe it, but yeah, sure, what do you.
Speaker 2: Mean you'll believe it? Why don't you believe it?
Speaker 1: Because I mean one hundred and five miles an hour? Yeah, like okay, like one five point five okay, So when somebody throws out one hundred miles an hour, you believe that. It's like, like we've have we ever seen? Is that the that's the fastest pitch ever recorded? Correct?
Speaker 2: I think the second fastest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're all this. Chapman in twenty sixteen had one oh five point seven. This was one oh five point five last night yeah, it's on pitch up X. Now it's not just like a random speed gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, don't kill my dream here. I refuse to believe that, all right. I think I think they're grooving it there to try and get people excited. They wanted to steer the conversation away from oh yeah, well, so what if we lost you know, one of the better pitchers in baseball and like the best hitter. We got a guy who throws one oh five, oh fucking and another ballpark. You know, he's throwing like Greg Maddox. We're talking like like high eighties tops.
Speaker 2: Todd Long Beach, were you there last night?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, it's an honor to talk to the great Jonas Knox and and you I guess you too, Fred, you know.
Speaker 2: What you know what? See now you're doing it too.
Speaker 1: I did what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: You're doing it too, Todd. All right, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was there last night, and I was over the weekend. I was in seam both places, I would say, for the high high majority of the time they supported Otani. Even when he came out warmed up the place went crazy. Only a sad, pathetic owner like Artie Moreno could screw that up and not allow the stadium to just explode welcoming him back. There was nothing Jonas you said earlier, was it on TV or not? It was on TV, it was not in the stadium. They did nothing for him. He's a disaster, even like Todd.
Speaker 2: Todd, Todd, Todd, Todd, did you get there at the very beginning? Are you sure they did absolutely nothing?
Speaker 6: Brad?
Speaker 4: Are you listening to me?
Speaker 2: I'm listening, But I can't believe you would say it was on TV. But they didn't do anything in this story.
Speaker 1: What I saw look like a video package presented on TV. I think they just if I'm not mistaken, Todd, they just had the like his thank you to show hey Otani, welcome back on the scoreboard. Correct.
Speaker 4: All they said was this guy used to work here. That's what it sounds.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know, funny.
Speaker 1: What'd you expect?
Speaker 2: It's funny? But were you surprised they didn't do anything? Todd?
Speaker 4: Not surprised, only because anybody's been around here, have been a baseball fan fifty years. The Angels are a I won't say what they are. They're a disaster. So no surprise, no friend.
Speaker 2: All right, surprise, all right there, Todd, this guy used to work here. That is pretty funny. You would think you would get a little more than that.
Speaker 1: That was pretty fun It was just like from what I saw on I think the first person to post that I think was vass A and it was just on the video board. They just put his credentials up, MVP here, Rookie of the Year, you know, silver Slugger, like all the other awards that he had gotten, and just like a welcome back to Shoeo Tani. And then they panned over to the crowd and you saw p people standing up and giving him a standing ovation. That were all looked to be a lot of Angels fans and they were out numbered, but they did show up to show respect and show support. And it's just it's got to be it's got to be really, really frustrating, Like it's got to be really frustrated to be an Angels fan right now.
Speaker 5: Not to be somewhat fair to the Angels, I guess during the Freeway Series and Spring Training they did a video tribute. How should they have to do it again? During the REA they.
Speaker 2: Do Adam, yeah, they do spring Training? Who cares?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's like a record, it's like a winner or loss. It doesn't count towards the regular season. Whatever thing in spring spring training shouldn't count.
Speaker 2: And given the gear he's having, even if they really blew it all out in spring training when it didn't matter, given the year he's having, they couldn't.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers, what would they care about that? It only makes them look worse to celebrate him.
Speaker 2: No, I know, but they should.
Speaker 5: So the Angels should do it again.
Speaker 2: The angel should do it again for their fans.
Speaker 5: There are point more attention to the fact that sho Heotani left us.
Speaker 2: Well, you let him leave. And by the way, anybody we've got a couple more calls. Did anybody going to the team store and still see if they're selling Otani jerseys?
Speaker 1: I hope they are.
Speaker 5: I got a call from someone she didn't want to come on air. She tried to get on yesterday. She said they have three different sho Hey Otani jerseys that are still being sold.
Speaker 1: There at full price or are we looking at a discount?
Speaker 5: It sounded like full price?
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you know what, like they get done Like at a certain point you do sort of admire the balls on the organization and moreno being able to go this direction. I mean, we can't afford Wi Fi in the stadium. But you know what, get your ass down to the team shop and right past the Mike Witz starting lineup action figure, there's sho Heo Tani full price jerseys. It's brilliant, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Josh and Pico Rivera. Josh, thank you for holding No you were there last night, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was miss you on the challenge. Anyway, I was at the game yesterday and I know that I have to agree with the other caller. That was about six you know, about about sixties forty sixty five, thirty five, you know, a numbered by the Dodger fans, and they showed a lot of a lot of support for the Dodgers. I don't know, but when the first time that Otani came up, there were some booze I remember there and then yeah, there was some booze the first time only when he came up there and the Dodger fans quickly responded by cheering louder I'll do the Angel fans, but that did boo. But it was electrifying to be there. I've always wanted to go to Freeway Series, and I wasn't disappointed that the Angels had their own up until the tenth ending yep, you know, and then locking it up in a two two tie all the way down. But I would say Angels have a weakness. They got to get some bet relief pictures. They really do.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you that, Josh, that's not the only weakness. They got to get some better relief pictures. They got to get a lot of bed.
Speaker 3: J I think I got a good bit better much.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling, by the way, so like everybody's getting it from the callers today.
Speaker 2: Fair, all right, okay, all right, let's do well, let's do lou in the OC to wrap it up. Well, thanks for holding go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was there last night. I've been a big Dodger fan for years, and i'd say seventy five twenty five Dodger fans. The cap of Blues were everywhere. But I have to tell you, and you can't tell on TV when Mookie hit that ball out on the tent. That's one of the largest stadiums I've been in. I've been doing a lot of Dodger games, but I'm telling you, they just consumed the stadium when he hit it out, and you would never thought it was an Angel home game. It was unbelievable. So I feel bad for the Angel fans. My dad was an Angel fan. I'd like to see the Angels be competitive, but just not in the cards right now. So you got to feel bad for them, right, So Nical, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Lou, appreciate it all right, So look, it was what it was. I go at it again tonight.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're worse than the A's.
Speaker 2: In attendance attendant, like.
Speaker 1: Like like record wise, they're worse than the A's and the A's didn't even know where they're playing.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I haven't even looked at that. Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they're like the A's are three and a half games better.
Speaker 2: Than the Angels. Yes, well that's that's humiliating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like that that is I didn't even realize that.
Speaker 1: My God, Like I didn't, I you know, didn't even think about that until I like we brought up and I just kind of took a glance at the Al West and I go, oh, God, like they're they're way worse than I thought. Like it's just you know, but I think it's kind of getting drowned out with the fact that the White Sox are so historically bad that there's no like that. People aren't even paying attention to the fact that there's other awful teams, like the Angels are the next team to be eliminated from the playoffs that Miami Colorado and the White Sox have already been eliminated, the Angels are next on the list. It's terrible, Like they're awful, all right.
Speaker 2: We got to talk about that when we come back, and you see, my theory will now apply to the Angels as well. I have a theory. I've discussed it. Everybody seems to think it's a bad idea, but I think it's a brilliant idea, and I think fans think it's a brilliant idea, and it will apply to the Jonas knoxon today. For Rodney, that was a stunning revelation because, like, the White Socks are horrific. They're an embarrassment to the game. You could call them a laughing stock, but it's so sad you can't even laugh.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's uh, like you know, it's real. I mean, it really is Chicago's sports though, Like for those that aren't familiar, Like, all you've got is hope that the Bears are good and Angel Reese and I don't think the team I don't even know what they call, like the Chicago Like what are they called?
Speaker 2: Like are they the Fire?
Speaker 1: I don't know, the Chicago the Chicago Deep Dish or something like that. Whatever they are, whenever they are, they're terrible too. So that's it. That's all you got in Chicago and Blackhawks. Black Hawks, Yeah, I don't think they're very good either.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal. When you look at a White Sox and I guess although the Angels aren't as bad, they're bad. I have this theory. I've shared it in the past, and let me tell you what should happen. First of all, anybody that pays ten cents to go see the White Sox, you spent ten cents too much, jeez, you have wasted your money. Teams have an obligation to their fan base to give them a reason to root and to cheer, because really, what sports are it's about hope, we hope we can win. And you're investing your your emotional capital and your money when you go to the ballpark, when you support a team. This is the only place where if you don't get a return on your investment, you continue to invest. So if you root for a bad team, that is your emotional currency. If you're rooting for a bad team year in and year out, and we have to remove the players from the equation because if teams are really bad, it's not the players, it's the organization. Well, these guys are a bunch of bumps. Well they're probably not, and if you put them on another team they might be pretty good. But in this group, with these people, in this organization, they stink, all right. If that doesn't mean they're bad players, that's just the situation, the environment. So if you're investing your emotional capital and currency into something where you don't get a return on investment, you should stop investing. So what does that mean? That means if you are an Angel fan, and what Jonah said is startling and embarrassing, they're worse than the Oakland A's. That's the Mendoza line. Anybody below they're terrible and the Oakland A's are the bottom of the barrel. If you're worse than the A's, then you are awful, awful. And if that's the case, and I said this many times. If I'm the White Sox next year, whatever ticket prices cost this year are now half price. I don't care what seat you bought. If it was one hundred dollars to sit behind home plate, those seats are now fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: By the way, you want to hear something even better? Oh, this is brilliant. Okay, So the White Socks are at the Angels for a three game series starting Monday, September sixteenth. All right, you can get into a game, Like how how much would you say, lowest ticket to get into Angel Stadium for White Sox Angels coming up September sixteenth at the Big.
Speaker 2: A seventy five cents?
Speaker 1: Okay, Like what I'm like, be like a real guess ten bucks. Try two dollars read two dollars fees included, and you can sit in the outfield to watch some scintillating bottom four baseball between the Angels and the White Sox coming up in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Just that.
Speaker 1: But here's the guy made the point yesterday, and we touched on a little bit earlier where you said, you know, I like I still like going to the ballpark, Like the White Sox are still getting on average a little over eighteen thousand fans a game. And I know, compared to what the Dodgers do at Dodger Stadium and all that, it's you know, that's peanuts. But it's still eighteen thousand people on average that are willingly going to a White Sox game every time they played home.
Speaker 2: Why But I think.
Speaker 1: It there's just something about people like going to the stadium, like they like it's why. Look, Dodger Stadium has always been great and people love it, but when you started to add different features to it, it took it got to another level. The first time I saw what they did in the outfield, I was like, okay, like this is a different look. And I think stadium and parks around baseball it would behoove them to throw some things in there because it is more of a family atmosphere than it is going to some other place. It's a more comfortable watch and I think for a lot of people they just look at it as like it's a night out, Like you want to go see a movie? How much is a movie right now? Like if you already go see a move was like thirteen fourteen bucks to go see a movie like you go thirteen fourteen dollars By the time you get popcorn, a couple of drinks, and some snacks. What are you looking at for two people in a movie like sixty bucks seventy bucks? Maybe, like you can do better than that by taking a family for probably to an Angel's White Sox game and get in for like a dollar eighty. Like they're like, these are dollar tree prices that you can get into a baseball game. Why wouldn't you go? I mean, now, parking, that's a whole nother discussion. If you can get there without having to pay for parking, that works. But I think people just like the atmosphere going to the stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I hear you. I disagree.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I disagree. Here's what I think should happen in Chicago now, and it's kind of an extension of my philosophy, but I'm going to institute it today, White Sox, if you bought money the minute we were eliminated in this I do believe all tickets go to half price, but this year, the minute they were mathematically eliminated, we're refunding everybody every cent for the remaining games and we'll open the gates and people can come in free and watch this crap. Come on in. We're not even charging a dollar. Yeah, yeah, no, I'm telling you that's what I would do. Angels the minute they're eliminated. The minute they're eliminated.
Speaker 5: Fred there was one I think Arena football team that did just that. If we don't make the playoffs, you get a refund on the season. I want to say it was like the Arizona Rattlers or something like that.
Speaker 1: Is that Antonio Brown's team that he ran into the ground. Yeah, they're no longer around, but that may have contributed as well.
Speaker 2: They should do it. I mean, I am sick of people taking advantage. In Chicago, the owner wants to build a brand new stadium and he wants money.
Speaker 1: You're not telling it. You're not taking advantage. Like you have options. You don't have to go to the game.
Speaker 2: You can go to Here's why, because psychologically you have that that tie to the team. Hey, if you don't have any tie of the Angels, how about this. How about nobody's an Angel fan and they sell tickets for ten bucks apiece anywhere in the stadium. Go out and have a night at the ballpark. That's great, but you're paying these guys, so you've got to make a living and to do that, you have to charge these prices. And your no return on your investment is a fan none, there's no return. Look, and please don't tell me. I go to the ballpark and I love it really really well. If you go to the ballpark just to go, that's one thing. If you go to the ballpark as a fan of the team, then you're being mislead.
Speaker 1: You're you're not a fan of waterfalls. I love waterfalls, Okay, Like they've got one in the outfield, Like you're not a fan of you know, let me all right, you're not a fan of this stuff? I mean you mean to tell me, like what about like everything's all bigger is better, you know what? Like that that trend that was going on where people were in the big baseball hats. Okay, the Angels invented that. They got two of them outside the stadium when you walk in. Okay, Like they're innovators. They've got a waterfall. And if you're big into freeways as a backdrop, they got that too. What is it like the fifty seven or whatever's behind. Yeah, okay, so they got the fifty seven. So if you're a big fan of the fifty seven freeway, you can see that as well too. Like, they're a worse situation, and I got news for you. I'd rather go to a baseball game and watch bad baseball then go to some crummy movie where people are overacting and I got to deal with a bunch of zeros that stand up and clap when they roll the credits at the end. Like, I don't want to deal with that. Just send me out to a ball game. I want a beer, I want a dog. I want some bad baseball. And if you don't like the results, just start gambling with somebody next to you. Until California legalizes the sports betting, you got options, and.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, make every ticket twenty five bucks. And if I want to see a waterfall, I go to Niagara Falls. I'm not going to end, so do it.
Speaker 1: Like the bleachers for the Dodgers back in the day, thirty dollars all you can eat? Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they're also all you could drink at one point and that quickly changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they realized, oh I think that one ended pretty fast. A yeah, they said, oh boy, this is not going well for us here.
Speaker 2: They tried. I'll give them that. You don't agree with me that the minute you're eliminade now all ticket should be cut.
Speaker 1: It's not my problem, it's I'm sorry. It's like people that ask for their money back when they go see a movie. Like the people that ask for their money back and say, well, you know, I don't. I don't. Like when when Floyd Mayweather Manipaccio had their fight, there are people that wanted their money back. They like took it to court because they got charged one hundred dollars for the fight. And then afterwards it turned out that Manipaccio had a shoulder injury like tours rotator cuff and you know, like numbed it up the best he could and then by the time the fourth round came around, he had nothing left. And people found that out were like, well, I want my money back. It's like, well, hold on a second, Like that's not how this works. Like you pay for something, there's no guarantees you're going to get the result. You like, you pay for it to your point for hope, and you hope that you're going to get a good entertaining event, and then all of a sudden you're looking at what's happening in the event, you go, I don't like the results. I want to go get my money back, like kiss my ass. I'm sorry. This is what happens. You get what you pay for, all right, and maybe the result isn't what you like, but go out and find something to enjoy. The problem is you swim in the negative waters too much. And all I'm doing is out there playing Marco Polo with like six or seven Angels fans, Kevin Figures being one of them, and little Allie as we're in the fountain looking at the fifty seven, going you know what, forget about the fact that they're worse in the a's just take this all in right up until Monster Jam returns.
Speaker 2: You know, I think you could just kind of could tell a boulevard and look at the five. If you're into freeways, you wouldn't even have to spend money to do.
Speaker 1: By the way, an Angel game is a lot cheaper than Disneyland. If anybody who's ever been recently, Oh did you hear the story about