Speaker 1: There we go week. Oh come on, come all, come all, get good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I know, ladies and gentlemen, pee.
Speaker 2: Rod right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we weren't gonna forget that guy. Two weeks in a row. Good morning, everybody. Rod Ryan Show check it in Throwback Thursday. Got some cool songs for you to vote on this morning. Winning song will be played at nine point thirty. Where do you vote the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com Hammer and Hank. Huge morning for him. He's going for whin number five, fresh out of mad Head to Head Challenge. As he get into the hall today, we'll see Marty Greg Galveston. I'll be partying down there in a couple of weeks. I want you to come down on that Saturday, February twenty second. Come party with me. Get on the float, get on balcony, get on the tickets, Come on, just come party with me. I've got passes for you in homeroom on the fun Fact Flashback Read my lips eight twenty. Holly Garza is gonna be joining us in studio. She's gonna take on the Chile for Papa Roach Rise against Tickets. Yeah, it's one, two, four, five, maybe our sixth week now with a listener coming into play. It's been really, really fun. She can't wait for her to be in studio with us. Buzz Best tickets on to the show. World Radio Day. Happy Gallantine's Day, and uh wow, it's cold eye today of fifty three. The weather has changed considerably. It's much cooler outside. You're gonna need a jacket. Thanks Aunt, Sue. Good Morning, Alex Water Houston's headline Morning Ride, Morning Home Room.
Speaker 3: A federal judge rule yesterday that President Trump's plan to get federal workers to resign can continue. Judge Georgia O'Toole rule that labor union's lacked the legal standing to challenge the president's deferred resignation plan. The program offered r employees eight months of pay and benefits in exchange for voluntary resignations, aiming to reduce the federal workforce. The unions say that they are looking at further actions and pointed out that the judge's ruling did not deal with the legality of the program. Push Republicans introduced a budget plan yesterday that included trillions intact and spending cuts to support President Trump's domestic agenda. The plan would reduce federal spending by one point five trillion dollars. The plan could also put social programs like medicaid on the chopping block. Senate Republicans also said that they're working on a similar but more narrow plan focusing on border security and defense. They expect to try and get that bill passed by the end of the month. Happy Gallantine's Day, ladies.
Speaker 1: So you don't know about Galentine's Day.
Speaker 3: It's just like Valentine's Day, but only for girls and their friends. A Pole asked women to name the top things they look for in friends. Sixty percent of them said that their common interests were their biggest thing when they looked for a friend. Twenty eight percent said a similar sense if humor is the number one thing that they look for bile four percent wanted a fun, loving attitude, and then two percent wanted intellectual friends, and another two percent wanted religious beliefs. Just came from parks and rec Yes, Amy Pohler, A polar would do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gallentine's Day. Okay, have fun, girls, have fun, go have meat. Girls things.
Speaker 3: Nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was one story ahead. My bad.
Speaker 3: If you ask somebody to name the most watched Saturday Night live sketched on YouTube, they'd probably say more cow Bell, but they would be wrong, and that wasn't actually even in the top ten. Porn Teacher with Amy Schumer was the number one most watched video or sketch on YouTube with one hundred and six million views.
Speaker 1: Number two because the word porn is in it. Yeah, I guess that's probably you know what I mean. It's like for a search on YouTube the word porn. There's no way that's the most popular funniest bit. Ever, it's not the funniest either. All you're doing here is the list of the most most watched most watched on YouTube. Okay, and Black Jeopardy with Tom Hanks was eighty three million, So number one was one hundred and six. Number two is eighty three million. That's a huge drop off. Yeah, put the word porn inorn. That's probably not bad.
Speaker 3: Some other ones I thought were pretty funny were the Star Wars Undercover Boss with Adam Driver from a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: That was really funny.
Speaker 3: Just there were three different Jeopardies, Black Jeopardy, Celebrity Jeopardy, and then the SNL forty Celebrity Jeopardy with Jim Carrey and Ally Baldwin.
Speaker 1: Those were also on there.
Speaker 3: And then Your Your Girl Melissa McCarthy the Shawn Spiser press conference that that was really funny.
Speaker 1: I had forty one million. That was number ten.
Speaker 3: Nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class in twenty twenty five were announced yesterday. They include Oasis, Soundgarden, The White Stripes, Bad Company, and The Black Crows and Namies also included Mariah Carey, Outcast, Billy Idol, Cindi Lauper, and Chubby Checker, who had been trying to get in for a while. The class of twenty twenty five is going to be announced in April. The induction ceremony is going to take place next fall in LA. That is what's going on House's headline, All right.
Speaker 1: What you got over here? In sports?
Speaker 3: Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Suns one nineteen to one eleven. Tari Easan had twenty five points to the night to lead the team in scoring. They're gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna host Steph Curry and the Warriors at the Toyota Center. Rockets are two and a half point favorites heading into that one. Tip Off will be at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In baseball, astros, pitchers and catchers officially report to spring training today down in West Palm Beach, Florida, and some other baseball news. Now, former astro Alex Bregman has signed it to a three year, one hundred and twenty million dollar deal with the Red Sox, so after nine years in Houston, he's moving on. Also in hockey news, just because we can throw that in there, Team USA plays their first game in the Four Nations face Off tonight. That's the equivalent of the NHL All Star Game, except we don't get NHL players in the Olympics anymore, so they're doing it at the All Star break. They're gonna face Finland tonight. That'll start at seven o'clock. You can watch it on ESPN. That is what's going on in sports all.
Speaker 1: Right, here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now. First phone call, Yeah, we're here. We'd love to get you on. What do you want to talk about? How do you want to get us started? On that first phone call? Today? Seven one, three, two, two, nine four five, the most interactive show on the radio. Oh yeah, today we'll prove it for sure. Oh yeah, ninety four or five the bots, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Inky thisss is always a great way to get things started. Four hours of pain. It won't be so painful. It's just gonna be a little cold. I think it's beyond Chili. I think it's cold outside. The chances of rain are low, which is great. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy. The high today will be around fifty three. Let me see what it's doing outside right now, Needa Jackie, Guys, it's forty four. All right, I guess it's not that bad. Forty four. It's pretty cold. Cread to what we've been having, didn't we have eighties? Last week?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: The record was last week?
Speaker 5: Records all day, last.
Speaker 1: Every day was a record, right warm? Temperatures forty four outside right now, it's throwback Thursday. Well what do you do for that? Well, you vote, You vote, Your voice is needed, Your vote is needed. Chili's got that for you on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Okay, on our blog page, you vote for what song you want played. At nine point thirty today, I am already kind of off and running on Facebook. Today is National Radio Day. I don't if it's National Radio Day or World Radio Day. It's one of those. It's one of those. It's radio Day. And I'm not like giving away anything. I just want a pick of what you listen to the rod Ryan Show on a lot of you listening to us on your phones with the iHeart app with that new design, right, but he's loving it. But yeah, old school radios and stuff like that in the shop. Maybe I'd like to see some pictures. I am asking you to drop some pictures of how you listen to us this morning on our Facebook page age. Now, as far as what's going on in the air, it doesn't get any bigger. Hammer and Hank going for win number five. He's a five time Hall of Famer. He said he is going to love the sound of being a six time Hall of Famer. Marty Graud Galveston. I've got this awesome package to give away for Marty Grad Galveston, to come party with me February twenty second. That's riding on my float and all that stuff that's coming to you in homeroom. Of course, I want to have homeroom people on the float reading my lips. Chili is taking on Holly Garza. She applied online, she was picked. She's the chosen one today. That all happens at eight twenty. What happens before that, Well, I need you to send me word suggestions. You have to email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com. It's now time for the first phone call of the day. Jim. He's gonna get the first phone call today. Hey Jim, good morning. How are you? I am going? How would you like to get it started today? I will tell you how much I miss live radio. Why are you missing live radio? I mean, you're you're live on the radio right now. But I have to listen to you on iHeart Radio. Where are you? I am in Houlton, New York.
Speaker 6: You're pumping your home state.
Speaker 1: Stop stop that, Jim, don't even listen. Alex doesn't need any of that that. We just know the facts, okay, But you're you're listening to us on iHeartRadio. It's the app. Thank you very much. I appreciate everybody with the Long Distance Love. It's live. I mean there's just a little delay, but it is live radio. Oh you don't know, I don't know what don't I know? Jim, tell me.
Speaker 6: They hashed they hack your program.
Speaker 1: They're hacking it? How Yeah, they hack they insert some music of their own. Well, yeah, okay, I see what you're saying. Yeah, there is a different what you're listening to us talking like, do you know that you're gonna be on You're on the iHeart app right now talking to me. Oh yeah, okay. But and then there's a there's a there's a bit of a delay. But you're right, I see what you're saying. You're not getting the same music that we're playing, and they insert there's different commercials, there's different everything. It's in a whole new stream. But the but but the radio portion of all the stuff that we're doing and you being a part of the show today. Thank you. That's on the app though, is a hack to it. You just push push a stop button and push play again and it picks you back up. Oh I didn't know that, okay. And then you know what some people are saying that they much. They prefer the the video stream, So that's on Facebook right now, that's on YouTube as well, so some people like to they prefer to follow along that way, So it's just more options. Think about this years ago, Jim, you being in New York, you could have never heard this show, you know, because we're not a nationally syndicated radio show. But now with the app, you can hear us. And I'm so glad you are listening. Jim, thank you well. Actually I was introduced to you down in two thousand and seven, was loving in Houston. So great dude, that you're still part of the family. Jim, Jim Bow, have an awesome day. We have your weather today. I'm sure you're a little cooler than us, so let me take a short break. I want to see your radios. I want to see your radios on our Facebook page. This morning, pet us up at rod Ryan's show on the flip got a w rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the Fresh Out event. Head to head Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five US Welcome back everybody now. I was the interactive show on the radio, Rod Ryan's show here on ninety four to five the buzz. Good to have you in home room. I hope somebody is just sitting there getting themselves all psyched up and ready to take on Hammer and Hank. So he's trying to get into the Hall of Fame today. Forty four degrees outside, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, mostly claudy. The hide today will be fifty three. Hi, Alex, Hello, Rod trending. Alex Bregman is trending.
Speaker 3: He agreed to a three year, one hundred and twenty million dollar deal with the Boston Red Sox yesterday. After nine years in Houston, he's heading out. Joanne Fabrics is also trending. They are closing five hundred of their eight hundred nationwide stories.
Speaker 1: That's actually the number one trending thing I see over. I see that too, number one. Did not realize that many people were fabric buyers. I see j C. Penny is also being talked about. I saw that as well. I didn't want to overload that with just jac Penny and Joeann's. I didn't know how many people here. I think I've been to a Joanne Fabric, but I've definitely been to j C. Penny. I've walked through j C. Pennies. I don't we lust and I bought anything to Jason Penny we shopped at when we shopped there when we were kids, for sure. And then Landy Wilson is trending.
Speaker 3: She got engaged to her longtime boyfriend Duck Hodges, the former NFL player, and she showed her ring off on social media. I don't think she got engaged yesterday, but she finally announced the engagement YEP yesterday, headlining the.
Speaker 1: Looking at Girls blog PAGs today, and that's what's trending on night p by the buzz. So fellas, if you were looking to make your move, you waited too long. You missed it. Landy off the market.
Speaker 6: Good morning, everybody. This is Hammer and Hank, five time Hall of Famer, still holding Sorry Rod, we needed three questions on that one, but still taking out that fresh fish. Making me your fresh out of bed head to head four day champion Join me on thick Thursday. I'm gonna love the sound of being a six time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Bitches, Luke Bryan, I couldn't come up the name yesterday. She sounds like Luke Bryan, the same guy Stony l Luke Stoney, Luke Bryan. Perfect, Yeah, Luke Bryan. He's the guy that's like on American Idol. That's exactly who Hammer and Hank sounds like seven to one to three. Wondever Hank can sing? He could be like an I want way to find out Luke Brian like a tribute Hank Brian Man the seven one three two one two five nine four five if you want to take him on.
Speaker 5: Hey, we don't need your attitude.
Speaker 1: We have one of our own. The rod Ryan Show on ninety five, The Bus ninety four five, The Buzz Offspring, Self Esteem, rod Ryan's Show on a Throwback Thursday, Fixed the Graham Thursday, You kidding me? Links and guests is getting some activity already. Thank you, homeroom. And I'm asking you to drop a picture of your radio this morning, even if you know it's cool, not even if I just want to be all inclusive. If you're listening to us, you know your phone is a radio now too. You know it's hard to take a picture of your phone. If you take a picture with your phone. I know people they've dropped some screencaps. Here you go, they've dropped some of those. It's World Radio Day and I'm asking to see what you listen to us on. That's on our Facebook page at rod Ryan's Show, just for me, just for funsies. Forty four degrees. That's not funsies, that's Coldzi's forty four outside Right now, today's I'll be fifty three low chances of rain.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners, all right, hammered Hank good lorning. You like the sound of being a six time Hall of Famer, do you I do? Yeah, I would too. If I was sitting on five, I'd like to move up to six. Who wouldn't six Timers club? This guy says he played last year. It's just Matt ma'a just Matt, not ma No, this is just Matt, just Matt. Hey, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, welcome back. You're not the man, You're just Matt. But you've had some success on this show as well. You've been in the Hall of Fame. Uh yeah, one time, one time, one time Hall of Famer. Well that's all it takes dude. Uh, you know your guy over here is a couple questions away from getting back into the Hall of Fame. You're gonna stuff him. Oh, we're gonna give it a shot. Okay, Chili, put Holy Canolis to the winner. Today a two and fifty dollars Living Spaces promo card the perfect time to elevate your home at the Living Spaces President's Day event. You can say big on a variety of designs. You'll be kidding me. It's a huge prize. Boys. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What a lineup we have for this game? Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I really need you listening. I feel like a close one here. What floor is superstitiously scipped? Matt? Lava? What did he say, Alex Lava? He said lava? No hammer and Hank. What floor is superstitiously skipped in most tall buildings? Thirteen floor sometimes called the lava floor? Do we have a pully bone situation? It's never called He was thinking of the kids game The floor is lava? Yeah, yeah, I've played that before. I burnt my foot on that game before. Matt, you got in their laser quick though. Ready to do that again, Matt, Oh yeah, let's do it again, but get it right. Question number two, Hank, Matt, what Purple Dinosaur loved us in the nighties? That was a die dead on tie Matt and Hammer and Hank, Hey, stop that, don't do that again using my questions? What is the question? What purple Dinosaur loved us in the nineties? Barney? I think they both knew where we were going with that one. Next question, shout out your day before the other. Dude, what part of the body does a pediatrist work on? Who you got?
Speaker 6: Hank?
Speaker 1: Show me? Hey, just Matt, dude, you were great today. Oh man, it's always a pleasure. Dude, you were Look you were great today.
Speaker 5: Thank you? That good game.
Speaker 1: It was a really really good game. Just Matt. I want you back on this game, all right, thirty days you're on the clock, Yes, sir man listen every day. Hammer and Hank, thank you, Matt, Hammer and Hank. Six time Hall of Famer. That's impressive, dude, thank you. That's really really impressive. And I liked that he made you work for it. I don't want anybody I did too. I don't want anybody waltzed in there. Come on, come on, that was a good game. Those mats, those mats are good, okay, bro and a two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces promo cards. What dude, it's all yours man, and then the other four days of great prizes. Congratulations man, hang on for me. Thank you, Ryan shows ninety four five the Bus, Sublime and stick Figure, feel like that. Good morning, Rob Ryan's shown nice subvibe for homeroom this morning. Thank you for being up, dark, cold, and early with us. What he got forty four forty four outside our hopes are only going to get up to about fifty three with mostly cloudy skies. Hall of Famer number two for twenty twenty five, fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge, here's your current champion. I want you to think Luke Bryan. I want you to picture Luke Bryan in your head when you're listening to this.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 6: This is six time Hall of Famer Hammer and Hank, and it was no easy task to get here right up until the last game. But does it feel good to be back in the hall? You bet your ass and I'm gonna say it now. I'm going to be the one to watch in that tournament of Champions. So join me at the end of the year. I'm not playing on taking it all bitches.
Speaker 1: Here's our guy. I need some fresh fish tomorrow, brand new players. Mac guy. I mean it, dude, you get back on this game. He's good, he's good. Where's the other where's the Matt, Matt, Matt? Where's that guy? Yeah? He checks in, he sends me stuff on email. He's out there. He just struggles and then he, you know, blames it on Chili and I back it up. I'm like, oh yeah, Chili hayes soon. That's why you're not playing Marty Grog Galveston. I got some great stuff for you. But first, it's the funk that to the day.
Speaker 7: We make you look smart in front of your body's fu to the day.
Speaker 1: Happy World Radio day. Hal back at your brother, Rodney. I'm a big fan of the radio. I've always been a big fan of the radio. Listen to it as a kid, listen to my favorite DJs. I used to listen to the school closings in the morning. First thing I ever bought with my paper route, which was really my first job. I was in sixth grade. I took all my Christmas tips and I bought a boombox. Bought a radio with a cassette in the middle with the two speakers. Yeah, that was the first thing I ever bought. I'm radio very nice, all right. So I because it's World Radio Day, I became an official holiday in twenty twelve, I thought i'd bring you some radio facts. I hope you're not bored by these. The first commercial radio broadcast was over one hundred years ago. It happened on November second, nineteen twenty. The first radio station went live. Now there are over fifteen thousand radio stations in the US alone. A poll a few years ago ranked radio as the eleventh most important invention of old time.
Speaker 5: That is f.
Speaker 1: Whoa. Top three vote getters were electricity, phones and vaccines. Radio just missed the top dead. Sorry, that's my radio voice. Most of you are listening to us in your cars in the morning. Thank you. The Model T came out in nineteen oh eight. Cars didn't get radios until the nineteen thirties. It cost an extra one hundred and thirty dollars to get a radio in your car. In nineteen thirty, dum the car. It's two thousand, three hundred dollars in today's money. Just drive around like it's silence. Thug is so bad, Yeah, dude, yeah, the conversation. One of the big, one of the big initiatives right now with World Radio Day this year is to keep the AM radio in the car and to keep the radio in the car. There's some listen to the rockets, a listen to the astro, yeah, I mean talk radio, and then keeping the FM radio that. Yeah. They just they want to get rid of the radio in the car. And it's like, guys, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: I think that's It's a lot of facts. Just so you know. One more, here's a bonus one the call letters for radio stations. So this radio station is KTBZ. We are on the west side of the Mississippi. On the east side of the Mississippi, you get the w's in New York, and then most stations in Canada start with a C. I just had to throw that at now. Of course, you got a fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 7: We make you look smart and everybody, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for your radio pictures on our Facebook page right now. How are you listening to us? Your phone counts? Your phone is a radio. Alex is rolling his eyes, he knows mu schpiel on that Marty Grogg Galveston, the Big Boy's gonna be down there on Saturday, February twenty second. That's that's me. You and a guest get to ride on my float VIP viewing of the Brent Michael's performance Balcony Passes drink tickets? Are you kidding me? Check out Marty Grog Galveston for all this information. But if you want in and be treated like a king and a queen, or a king or a queen, that you are. Who does all the voice work of Woody and everything except the Toy Story movies? He handles the video games, the dolls, the TV specials, everything else. Who does all the voice work of Woody outside of the actual Toy Story movies? Seven, one, three, two and two, five, nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. How'd you like those radio facts? Were they? I love it? They were boring? No? They weren't? Were they a little boring?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, that's good. How did you? How did we do? How did we do on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 4: Whether it was a mixed down Wall Street that that was down two hundred and twenty five points. Kick off this morning a forty four thousand and three sixty eight NASDAC up six points to nineteen thousand, six hundred and forty nine Benchmartin. Your treasury is trading at four point five to nine percent in an oil stands at seventy dollars forty three cents a barrel to the most actors, the big studs Boeing, Apple and Coca Cola, the big duds Amazon, Home Depot and Caterpillar. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Producer Price Index for January right now, futures apparently on the upside. Hang on to this be a pousit opening right You're on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: I mad here, this is Highland Man needs your director with Ramon James Porter for the rock Ryans. So from Raymon James on sand flip that m gusts and don't forget to always rock out their stock out mail I.
Speaker 8: Means expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those are Raymon James and associates. Thank come Ember nac AS, IBC, IART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Your m programs are educational and informational services on the studs and duds are based on movement.
Speaker 1: As reported by Young Finance ninety four or five. Bus Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Well well well sure, back says Dimitri's on the phone here. Hello, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey, Dmitri, how are you? I thought maybe it was the Big d Dmitri. We have a couple. We have a couple Dmitries listening. How are you today?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: How are you great? Just turn on that radio just a little bit, okay, all right, National Radio Day. I love that you're listening to the radio. But who does the voice of Woody and everything except the actual toy story movies. We know Tom Hanks is the voice of Woody. Who does all the video games, dolls, TV specials and everything else.
Speaker 10: Jim Hanks, Yes, his brother, you win, dude. Awesome that's my Marty gram Music.
Speaker 1: You are now the owner of all this VIP stuff for Martin Graud Galveston. Dude, you and a guest You're gonna ride on my flow VIP viewing of the Brett Michael's performance Balcony Passes drink tickets. Dude, you're partying, Hi oh Man. Thank you Next Saturday, February twenty second, dude, can't wait to crack a few with you. Thanks for being at home. Room you rule, Ay Alexa Play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio ninety four point five The Bus Station from iHeartRadio, The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, Wake Out the Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Lovely the Band, It's Throwback Thursday. We got to talk about maybe doing some song clips very soon. I want to get an update on the voting. I'm over here, I'm looking at all your radio pictures. I'm asking for those on Facebook this morning, and then I'm not spending enough time getting my words together. We're gonna play Read My Lips at eight twenty and we have Holly Garza coming down listener. Holly Garza family member Holly Garza coming down to play the Chile today, So send me those words and I will start working on getting those together for the game. It's about forty four degrees outside High fifty three today. Alex has Houston's headlines for a Morning Rode Morning Home Room.
Speaker 3: A federal judge ruled yesterday that President Trump's plan to get federal workers to resign can continue. Judge Georgia O'Toole ruled that labor unions lacked the legal standing to challenge the President's deferred resignation plan. The program offered federal employees eight months of pay and benefits in exchange for voluntary resignations, aiming to reduce the federal workforce. Unions say that they are looking for further actions and pointed out that the judges ruling did not deal with the legality of the program. A high school student is being charged with evidence tampering and connection with the shooting death of a sixteen year old girl, but police still haven't determined who shot her. Hailey Toledo was found dead in the passenger seat of a car on Golfbank Road Tuesday morning. Her mother says the seventeen year old or the sixteen year old boyfriend who's seventeen years old was driving the car, and police say an unidentified twenty year old man and an eighteen year old high school student named Lewis Tehata we're in the backseat. Tejada was the one that was charge tampering after HPD claimed that his story conflicted with witness statements. Tahata has been released on jail on a fifteen thousand dollars bond.
Speaker 1: Police say the investigation is still ongoing.
Speaker 3: For the first time in forty two years, America's best selling vehicle is not the Ford F one fifty. Toyota RAB four has officially dethroned it. Yeah, for more than four decades, the F one fifty was the number one sold car in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've done miss list for every year that I've been on the radio. I've never not known it to be the F one fifties.
Speaker 3: So Toyota sold more than four hundred and seventy five thousand RAB fours last year, while Ford sold just a measly four hundred and sixty one thousand F one fifties. The rest of the top ten included things like the Honda CRV, which was in third. Tesla's Model Y came in fourth. The Chevy Silver Rotto rounded out the top five. Then you get the Toyota Camera. The Corolla and the Honda Civic were other popular on they were in the top ten.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. I know there's a ton of them here, but when I go other places, I don't see Tesla's. I had no idea Tesla was that high on the list. I would not have put Tesla anywhere in the top five at all. Crazy all those horrible drivers we learned yesterday that not my list, guys. That was Nerd Wallet or something else.
Speaker 3: The Highwood Reporter put together a list of must watch rom coms for Valentine's Day in case you want to get in the Valentine's Day spirit. Number one on the list was You've Got Mail, followed by Ten Things I Hate About You and Sleepless in Seattle. Then number five on the list was Crazy Rich Asians, When Harry met Sally was sixth, Had to Lose a Guy in Ten Days came in seventh, and then Ranny at the top ten was Love Actually, which is a Christmas movie so weird.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if this song is in one of those movies. Butter Patrick Swayze's She's Like the Wind is maybe the greatest rom com song, And if it was not used in a movie, it's tragic. Yeah, I would imagine it's been used in some but it's gotta be you. They haven't seen each other for a long time and they finally see each other and they're in New York and he grabs flowers out of some stranger's hand and handsome to her. I feel like wedding singers should have been on this list, just a fool to believe by a minute, Like.
Speaker 3: Wedding singer's been on TV a bunch with a lot of the Valentine's theme stuff that I see on like E I want to say, but like I felt like that belonging to the top ten, But I guess not.
Speaker 1: I can't. Like I've seen a million Patrick swayzey movies. I've always been amazed at this song Roadhouse. Yeah. But the voice, the voice doesn't match up his face. Oh no, not at all. The singing voice doesn't match his talking voice at all. It seems like they like faked it. But I saw him singing. There's clips of him singing it. Live. It's just it's weird to say, what is this voice coming out of that face that I love? Yeah? That is that is kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Post Malone is generating some buzz after naz and that he's gonna be releasing a Nirvana covers album with Travis Barker. It will feature fourteen songs that post he originally performed during a Pandemic era live stream back in twenty twenty. In addition to playing the drums on the tracks, twenty two is, Travis Barker will also be producing the album. The album's set to be released for Record Store Day on April twelfth.
Speaker 1: You're gonna check this one out, yeah for sure?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Sports, all right, Well, the Astros pitchers and catchers officially report to spring training today down in West Palm Beach, Florida, Florida. So they'll be just getting some long tosses in for a week until the rest of the team shows up and some.
Speaker 1: Other baseball news.
Speaker 3: Now, former Astro Alex Bergman signed it three year, one hundred and twenty million dollars deal with the Red Sox. I'm a Yankees fan, so I will not wish him the best of luck, but Oh yeah, we had two championships in the nine years he was with the Astros.
Speaker 1: So what a run. But now he's a big rival. Yeah he is. In basketball.
Speaker 3: Rocket's gotta win. Last night they beat the Suns one nineteen to one eleven. Tari Even had twenty five points of the night to leave the team in scoring. Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight as they host Steph Curry and the Warriors at the Toyota Center Tip Office at seven.
Speaker 1: You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. We're not done with sports.
Speaker 3: Some hockey news come on because it's our country, all right?
Speaker 1: Do you like him? Eric? Are you patriot? I love America? Yeah, exactly, say in America, you're actually a Canadian.
Speaker 3: Last night, American USA plays their first game in the Four Nations face Off Tonight. The Four Nations face Off is taking place at the NHL All Star Game. They don't have the Olympics don't allow the pros to play, so now you get best on Best hockey. And the US is gonna face Finland in their first game tonight. That'll start at seven o'clock. You can watch it on ESPN it's hockey, guys, check it out. Root for your country unless you're not a patriot. All right, that's all I gotta say. But that's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: I have my hockey and Shenan against T shirt. I okay, all right in the spirit, let us go.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The.
Speaker 8: Rod Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, The.
Speaker 1: Bush ninety four five, the Bus, Good Morning, Rod, Ryan's Show, Chemicals between us. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from Home room, thank you. We love our home rumors, but I love you in the seventh spot too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, wait you waki, hands off that snake, keep it on, keep it on forty four, Keep your hands on your snakies and cupcakes. Keep it warm forty four. Out there. The best we're gonna do today is around fifty three ten percent chance of reign with mostly cloudy skies. That's what I have on tap for. It's the best I can do. Sorry, I'm not in charge of that. I'm not in charge of much. I'm not in charge. I don't what am I in charge? Ah, I'm kind of in charge of the guys that are gonna be out on the roadside tomorrow. I definitely I was a little in charge of that this year. Blame me if those dudes all turn out to be turns. It's all that applied. I mean that was everybody that well know. We had about fifty guys apply. Tomorrow is the mile of meat. Twenty dudes will make up the miracle mile Westheimer near Guestheimer inbound to the gallery of your guest your guestner, thank you. No Westheimer near Guestner inbound. So you know what side the dudes are going to be on. Twenty dudes. I saw the T shirts arrived, thinking deb and everybody over at b MP, who got us those shirts. I got an email today, Chili. I don't know how alarmed I should be, but.
Speaker 9: I got it. You should be alarmed.
Speaker 1: I was appreciative. It wasn't like a no call, no show. The guy just said, he goes Rod, I'm sorry, I can't make it there in the morning. I'm gonna be there in the nighttime, but you're gonna have to put somebody in my spot. Did you see that.
Speaker 9: He only sent it to you. I didn't get that email.
Speaker 1: Do you have the one that I sent you, Jack asked.
Speaker 9: When I'm looking at it this morning, I'm looking for them and I.
Speaker 1: Get my email. Okay, I know what is now do you see it? Yeah? Yeah, listen before you say anything, so I know this. This, this ruffles your feathers. The guy let us know ahead of time. I know it's last minute. Yeah, but he but he let us know. He's not leaving us hanging.
Speaker 9: No, it's understandable.
Speaker 1: So do we have alternates.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go through the list, Okay, and then I'm gonna hopefully find an alternate that can that can replace him.
Speaker 11: Not love.
Speaker 9: Uh, We're gonna have to call in favors.
Speaker 1: I know there's more dudes. Yeah, that applied.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just time sensitive. If they can be there in the morning from work, that's the issue.
Speaker 1: All right, She'll he's gonna be contact in one of you. I got a I got a rare opening in the mile of meat. I appreciate that guy letting us know that he's not going to make it. There's nothing worse than a no show. U can't have that happening tomorrow at all. So tomorrow, Alex, you're on the roadside. And then Teresa is doing one in one Teresa Teresa rock Face, missus Rock. She's doing the morning show with us, and she half sounds excited. She actually full on sounds excited about doing it, probably because I'm not here listen. When I asked her, I said, Hey, would you ever dream of getting up early and coming into in the morning show with us? She's like, yeah, now this was with a couple of beers in us. Yeah. So then I said to follow up email and I'm like, hey, do you remember us talking about you coming in to do the morning show and doing my l of meat? She goes, yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'm like, okay, so I thought it was just kind of a beer yeah, but then it turned into a yeah yeah, and then we went kind yeah yeah, way better than beer. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. So she's excited and I'm excited. Everyone knows that Teresa used to be on this show. That's pre Tessa, pre Dinah if Testa, If Testa did five, Dina did about seven twelve years last time she was on the show. In a minute, that's gonna be awesome. That is gonna be awesome. So that's just another fun thing that I'm looking forward to. So Chilly's got his work cut out for him. He's going to be looking on getting a replacement for the dude that dropped quickly just because I got to clean up my mess here in box. I'm like Chili, I do, look at my inbox. Lindy said, Rod, you're gonna get a ton of emails. The song She's like the Wind was in Patrick Swayze's movie Dirty Dancing. Okay, I would playing the song and I said, I don't even know if this has been in a rom com rom com, but it should be the greatest rom com song of all time. Well, yeah, it was in his movie, so yeah, okay, that makes sense. I did I think once upon a time I knew, right, I knew that. Yeah, Dirty Dancing is a rom com. That's what you're doing. They're dancing very dirtily. Chili has a link up the top rom Coms of all time that's on links and guests keep sending me your word suggestions for read my lips. Holly Garza is gonna come in and play against Chili. Tamp down the wiener words? Can you tamp down? Now? Someone's gonna send me Now, someone's going to send an email to me. They're gonna say, hey, Ron, you should use wiener word. I'm not. I'm I'm telling you to dial back the wiener stuff. I dave. I know you give them the regular words you and normally give. It's like that mean with all those hot dogs flying at that chick's face, That's that's what it's like with Holly coming in here. It's like, guys, easy on the wieners. So some of your word suggestions. Let's do song clips coming up. I'm gonna give away now Wolf tickets coming up. Stay with us. Everything's coming up, rock and alternative.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Here we go, all right, Welcome back everybody. Rob Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. We're gonna go through some song clips coming up in about five minutes. We'll get some song clips on. We'll get you updated on where everything's at with what you're voting on this morning. Fix the Gram Thursday. That's usually trending. We'll find out with Alex in a second. Mostly clouding today, ten percent chance of rain, high of fifty three, still mid forties outside right now, Well, there he is. Why don't I just ask him? Well, buddy, what's uh trending. Oh you were right. Dixtagram Thursday is trending.
Speaker 3: Caitlin Sadie is our six three a m feature of the day submitted by an anonymous listener. I guess his wife the girlfriend did not or he did not want them to find.
Speaker 1: Out to prove I approve, I approve this. I'm gonna go look right now.
Speaker 3: Check it out with Welcome the Shroud Ryan showpages the buzz dot Com. Also trending is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They released the nominees to the class of twenty thirty five yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oasis Do they get in this time? Huh? You think Oasis is getting in?
Speaker 3: Soundgarden, White Stripes, Mariah Carey, Outcast, Cindy Lauper and the Black Crows. You just got Joy Division and Chubby Checker was the big name that had been trying to get in for a while.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty good looking class going in.
Speaker 3: You know, do they have Is it like the NFL where they only have a certain amount they get in or can they just let whoever they.
Speaker 1: Wanted this time? They don't have a certain amount. It's the amount of percentage of the vote, right, Yeah, so I would think four or five of those will go in. Oasis goes in. I don't I don't think that's a I don't think that's a guarantee. I don't think it's a guarantee. I mean, I don't think some guarantee about Hall of Fame people getting in lately. But yeah, no, I would like Soundgarden, I would like I think Black Crows, I think they're worthy. Carry's gonna get in the fact that people are looking at Chubby Chucker is. I think everybody thought he was in there. He's responsible for a song called the Twist, and then he was brilliant the following year. He came out with a Twist Part two. Let's twist again, like we did last summer. Let's twist again. He didn't do it did last summer? He should have two summers ago. He should do that again. Let's twist again like we did two summers. Yearly, like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited to see who's gonna get into this. They'ren announce the class in April, and then J C. Penny we talked about a little bit, Joeyanne Fabrics and j C.
Speaker 1: Penny. They're just closing stores left and right, here.
Speaker 3: I'm sure a lot of you guys and gals walked through the mall or walked to get to the rest of.
Speaker 1: Them all through a J. C. Penny at some point in your life. It's my fault. It is my fault the reason the book Brick and Mortars going away. I never went into Joann Fabrics. I just never went anyally.
Speaker 3: I wasn't ever really in the market for a lot of fabrics except for.
Speaker 1: Darn By your another yarn coming in Texas. Okay, like the mom season, I mean listen larger season. I like a good hobby lobby and I and I like a Michael's. So it's not that I don't want to be around some crafty things. Yeah, I did. The fabric I just never I don't think I ever was in one unless my mom dragged me into one.
Speaker 3: You know'd shear the sheephould get my wool and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Here comes the sheep shearing words for reading my lips. Yeah, thanks? So can we give away something here? I got yao Wolf radio tave passes. It's a pair of passes meow Wolf radio tape. They say it's a great Valentines date night. They're open through February twenty. First visit meowwolf dot com for more info. I'll take calder number ten seven, one, three, two two five. Can we get some song clips going after this, please, and we'll talk about what's what these people are voting on for Throwback Thursday, Ryan, all right, there we go ninety four five the buzz Link, what eighty two and I miss you, Rob Ryan Shump mostly cloudy Skies for your sixth the Gram Thursday. I finally did go take a look spreading myself a little Finn this morning. I like what I saw. I be not well. I'm trying to like get so you know, we're trying to get these songs ready to go. I'm looking at your radio pictures that you're dropping, you know what you're voting on, and then trying to curate the words for reading my Lips. I mean, boo hoo radio boy on World Radio Day. I'm overworked over here, Okay, I'm overworked. I love it. It's going by fast. Keep sending me your word suggestions. I can't wait to meet Holly Garza. She's coming in to play Chile. Read my Lips should be here hopefully around eight o'clock. Do a little trash talking and then get them playing each other. Now Wolf tickets on the chopping block right now. Good morning, Good morning, Hello, who's this it's Dan Wilson. Well, Dan, you are my tenth caller. Happy World Radio day, my friend. I'm going to give you a Barolf Radio tave. I'm going to give you some tickets. Everyone else needs to go to miowwolf dot com to get the information and get your tickets. Dan, have a good time, bro, Thanks man, appreciate it. I appreciate you, dude. I got Garbage Special, Dishwala, counting Blue Cars, Marilyn Manson's Tainted Love. What are you thinking for throwback today, Dan, Let's go with Manson. Manson's getting Manson's killing it all right?
Speaker 2: Thank you Dan.
Speaker 12: No, I'm cats.
Speaker 1: I'm a guy that walks around but works at this radio station that thinks that every time Garbage is in they win. I think they have a lot, but not every time. I feel like when they're in it's a lock. There's some weird love of the band Garbage here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been one of the more successful throwback bands we've.
Speaker 1: Used, going back back back to nineteen ninety eight. This is Garbage that's Shell of the Boos. Sorry, that was my World radio band. Not in first place, dude, Garbage is in second place, sixteen percent of the vote. This song was all right, here's the song that what he meets gott he can't wait to meet her really calls the stir back in nineteen ninety five World Radio Day, Yeah, says, God's a check in this song. This song was massive. This is Dishwalla and Counting Blue Cars. Definitely was in some movies. This is in last place. Steep playing the winner. You know this is gonna happen close. Dude, all right, he said, y yeah, the song God every comes with that line because I'd really like to meet her.
Speaker 13: Wow, wild Wild stuff in nineteen ninety five, alright, all right, it's playing Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Marilyn Manson his cover of Tainted Love, which the cover that the song Tainted Love that we all know. Turns out that was a cover. It's a cover of a cover. Everybody, Marilyn Manson, I did love seventy percent of the votes right now. Yeah, it's a crime scene. It's a crime scene with those other songs. I think once you heard it, though, once you realize that Garbage was in there, and then you realize how huge that Dishwalla song is. I think things will move around a little.
Speaker 11: Bit, Wait a little bit, feel got got so.
Speaker 1: Way. Marilyn Madson really put his own take on that song, didn't he go? Yeah? I think with the fact that he's on Buzzfest and that seems to be one of the one of the more exciting parts of that lineup. For good he did this cover too. It's good it's in first place. The winning song will be played at nine thirty. I need you to vote on World Radio Day on the world Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 8: You're listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Goodbonning rod Ryan's Show, Red Hot Child, Red Hot Chili per Sorry, Red Hot Chili Peppers at around the World, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Throwback Thursday, A bunch of people voting. Marilyn Manson still in first place, but a bunch of people did go in there and vote. When we do the song clips and talk a little bit about the songs, it does kind of reignite people to get out there and do some voting. Manson sixty two percent of the vote with his cover of Tainted Love, twenty three percent for Dishwalla now in second place, fourteen percent for Garbage. Again me walking around thinking garbage always wins. Now they're in last place.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Email came in late last night, of course, I got my brother from another mother. Chili involved said, do we got to drop out? Got to drop out on our mile of meat or we're down a cutlet of meat. I said, Chili, don't get upset, don't get mad. This is much better than not showing up. Upon hearing that, I got an email from Sean said, Rod, just so you know, I did apply. My boss said I could have the morning off with last minute notice. If you need me, I'm your guy. I sent that over to chilling Love Chilli. Did you get that one? We got a guy that says he wants to step in.
Speaker 9: Ah, yes, sir, I got that email.
Speaker 1: What about that dude? Huh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he came in and saved us.
Speaker 1: Is he a lock?
Speaker 5: Now he's a locked?
Speaker 9: He's already ready contacted him and embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I should have picked him, and I should have picked him right out of the gate. He's a good guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, everything happens for a reason, so you know what it was meant for him to be.
Speaker 1: So Sean's my favorite guy.
Speaker 9: Now, Yeah, we're drinking a beer tomorrow, coming in day before Sean stepping in last minute.
Speaker 1: I don't have his uh, I don't have his deats in front of me. But believe me, six one. There's a lot of six footers in there. Don't get me wrong. I got some short kings in there. But maybe that's why I didn't pick him because I had enough six footers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but he's six to one.
Speaker 1: I feel like the dudes are tall this year. Yeah, that might have been the reason why he wasn't in there because I had enough tall guys. Again, Sean could be like the best dude in the world, and his six to one might have killed him. I don't know. I don't know where he fell short, but I can tell you right now, I'll be putting a big spotlight on him tomorrow, Alex Sean. I don't know what number he's going to be yet, but he'll be out there running around with all the other cutlets of meat. I'm West tim or near Guessner.
Speaker 9: I can tell you it doesn't matter when number he is his number one in my heart now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, number one. Save him a whole bit over here. Yeah, and then a lot of you are telling me that you're excited to hear Teresa on the show tomorrow. That's a lock, that is a stony, LaRue cold lock that she is going to be on with us. And I think I backtracked it. And it's been over twelve years. Yeah, it's been in a long time, twelve or thirteen years three presidential administration. Jimmy Carter was the president the last time she was on this morning show. Thought, okay, yeah, Teresa is doing the morning show tomorrow morning to help us out because Alex will be on the road side. Chili will be there what he does, taking all the calls of the women checking out the dudes on the roadside. So yeah, tomorrow's looking like it's going to be a really really fun show. Okay, thank you, Chilly, and thank you Sean.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Oh that's nice, that's nice, ninety four or five The Buzz Papa Roach and leave a light on Good Morning rod Ryan Show, celebrating World Radio Day by as I do every day. Thank you, thanking you for listening making this show number one. Sorry, get a little carried away on World Radio Day, Alex Hie as your dad, I'm feeling extra silly. Well, just because I'm loving all the pictures I asked this morning. My ask first thing was on World Radio Day, show me what you're listening to the show on. And you know a lot of you have taken the time to show me a screencap. You're listening to us on the app in your car. All of that. There's just a couple of old school radios that just you know how much I love that. Josh kut Kutaya. You know, I'm nailing that name. On Monday is his like one remote work day. And he's got an old radio with the knobs and the dial and the clock face that's in it, and the fabric over the speaker in the wooden box and I mean awesome pre boom box. This is like family radio. I have one that I got from my grandpa that looks similar to this that I listened to when I was a kid. And that's what he said, it's still going every Monday. That's the one that he listens to us on when he and then he said, you know he's listening to the app on the other days. But yeah, thank you guys, I really do. I love seeing the shop radios, so two those are my favorites. When you know, some dolt broke the antenna off it sixteen years ago and you'd stuck a wire hanger in it and s been that way ever since. Love that most of Claude. Today's episode chance of rain high at fifty three, mid forties off there right now. Alex has Houston headlines goodporting everyone.
Speaker 3: A federal judge ruled yesterday the President Donald Trump's plan to get federal workers to resign can continue. Judge Joe or Judge Georgia Tool ruled that labor unions lacked the legal standing to challenge the President's deferred resignation plan. The program offered federal employees eight months of pay and benefits in exchange for voluntary resignations, aiming to reduce the federal workforce. The union say that they are still looking at further actions and pointed out that the judge's ruling didn't deal with the legality of the program. Has Republicans introduced a budget plan yesterday that included trillions in tax and spending cuts to support President Trump's domestic agenda. The plan would reduce federal spending by one point five trillion dollars. The plan could also put social programs like medicaid on the chopping block.
Speaker 1: Center.
Speaker 3: Republicans also said that they were working on a similar, but more narrow plan focusing on border security and defense. They expect to try and get that bill passed by the end of the month.
Speaker 1: Let's do something fun here. Yeah, Happy Gallantine's Day, ladies. Should we let them hear? Yeah?
Speaker 3: If you don't know what Galentine's Day is, let's let Leslie know his planet.
Speaker 1: What's Gallantine's Day? Oh, it's only the best day of the year. Every February thirteenth.
Speaker 6: My lady friends and I leave her husbands and her boyfriends at home and we just come.
Speaker 7: And kick it.
Speaker 1: Breatnas style. Ladies celebrating ladies.
Speaker 6: It's like Lila Fair minus the angst, plus for tatas.
Speaker 1: For tatas to do some good. Nice Gallantine's Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So celebrate your gals, gals. Paul asked women to name the top things that they look for in friends, since that's what you used to be celebrating today. Sixty percent of women's surveyed said that they look for common interests when they're finding friends, while twenty eight percent said that similar senses of humor is the number one thing that they look for. Four percent say they want a friend with a fun, loving attitude, and then two percent of people said they want intellectual friends nerds, and another two percent said that they look for a friend based on religious beliefs.
Speaker 1: The girls, this is the girls.
Speaker 3: Girls are saying, not not fellas. Fellas not included in this. But we did find out yesterday that fellas do want their their own version of Gallantine's Day.
Speaker 1: What percentage of girls want to be with a girl that's good looking but not as good looking as them? One hundred percent? One hundred percent of women? All right, Happy Gallantinees Daypayvalentine's Day.
Speaker 3: You ask somebody to name the most watched Saturday night live sketch on YouTube cowbals more cowbo, you'd probably think that.
Speaker 1: Or I've seen other lists where they said the funniest one of all time was I live in a van down by the river. Isn't that like a ball time with Chris Farley? But I think what you're looking at here, so this is YouTube like watches of the sketches.
Speaker 3: This is not like you could go on on I think Peacock is with NBC's streams their stuff on. You can watch clips from Peacock, you watch clips on Instagram, you can watch clips on other stuff.
Speaker 1: This does not count.
Speaker 3: This is just the views specifically from YouTube of these sketches.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna be newer sketches a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you would think to the old ones, youd think people would go back and watch them to show people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like David S.
Speaker 3: Pumpkins has like a million views alone from me every October.
Speaker 1: I watched David S. Pumpkins every every day. But I don't know that Melissa McCarthy you said she was in at number ten ten. She was spis press conference where she's moving around on the podium Sean Spicer's press conference. It was so unbelievably funny. I don't know that it's got a lasting thing, like we're in the fifty years of Saturday Night Live if it's an all time skit. But at the time, forty one million views, everybody was watching it over and over again. We were laughing our balls off at that thing you're talking about it.
Speaker 3: Number one is Porn Teacher with Amy Schumer that has one hundred and six million views. You did point make a good point that it says porn in the name, and that's what people might be searching.
Speaker 1: It's not even close to being one of the funniest skips of all time. That's number one, one hundred and six.
Speaker 3: Well, because it's got Amy Schumer one hundred and six million views. Number two eighty three million views. It was Black Jeopardy with Tom Hanks. Then number three was Harry Potter HERMIONI Growth with Lindsay Lohan. I don't even remember that had seventy seven million. Some other notable ones like I remember the Star Wars Undercover Boss with Adam Driver that had sixty seven million views, and then a bunch of the Jeopardy ones kind of ended up in there. Then the New Disney Movie One with Dwayne the Rock Johnson that was forty three million.
Speaker 1: That was ninth.
Speaker 3: But yeah, go, I just want to watch some clips now, That's what I'm gonna go do after the show's over.
Speaker 1: Tony Chilly's got that link up. Can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty five were announced yesterday. They included Oasis, Soundgarden, The White Stripes, Bad Company, and The Black Crows. The nominees also included acts like Mariah Carey, Outcast, Billie Idol, Cindy Lauper, and Chubby Checker. PLAST of twenty twenty five is going to be announced in April, with the induction ceremony being next fall in LA.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines. Okay, I think Bregman is the headline. Well, there's a co headline, but it's all based as.
Speaker 3: First yes, and they are reporting to your pitchers and catchers reportting to spring training today in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 3: Not an astro anymore now. Former astro Alex Bregman did sign a three year deal where the one hundred and twenty million dollars with the Red Sox, so he will be headed up north after nine years in age Town and two championships. Thank you for your service, Alex Bregman. Worst of luck going forward though with the Red Sox and basketball Rockets. Got to win last night. They beat the Suns one nineteen to one eleven Tary Easan had twenty five points the night to lead the team in scoring. They'll be back in action tonight to host Steph Curry and the Warriors of.
Speaker 1: This Hoeyota Center.
Speaker 3: Right now, they're two and a half point favorites heading into that one tip opposit at seven, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And that's all that's going on in Sports psych We're talking hockey, guys, hockey news. Team USA is gonna play their first game in the Four Nations Face Up tonight. If you don't know what the Four Nations Face Up is, the NHL has replaced the All Star.
Speaker 1: Game seven games in two weeks.
Speaker 3: You got USA, Canada, Sweden, and Finland and they're playing a round robin tournament. The top two teams after that are gonna play for the win for the championship and then they'll all get money.
Speaker 1: It's best on best hockey.
Speaker 3: The Olympics don't let the pros play anymore, so this is basically Olympic quality hockey with the pros.
Speaker 1: Are are like the Detroit Red Wings.
Speaker 3: Captain Dylan Larkin absolutely said he's on our fourth line because we're that stacked it's it's super fun to watch. I watched the Canada Sweden game last night, went to overtime.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: No Russia, No Russia, because I think they disputes and you know what they're doing over there, So punishing for that, I would included Russia.
Speaker 1: Russia.
Speaker 3: I probably is this the third amount, third most amount of players in the NHL. We can't play in this tar not No, he can't. WOWI can Vladimir Tarasenko. A bunch of those other egoshe stick candle, bunch of those guys can't play. All the egors. All the egors are out. But you guys are gonna face Finland tonight. That'll start at seven o'clock. You can watch it on ESPN.
Speaker 1: Check it out. It's hockey. It's awesome. That's what's going on in sports. He's trying Kids.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show, Good.
Speaker 1: Boss, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's breaking Benjamin and the Diary of Jane half White part of the show, Day No. Five.
Speaker 14: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's forty three. It's going the wrong way. Yeah, that's what it says. Yeah, it's forty three outside fifty three will be the high today, mostly cloudy with low chances of rain. Now Alex, bundle up. Tomorrow is mile of Meat. I got a nice sweat gloves, sweato weather, so wait, sweta weather got up, We got jacket. We are back at full strength with our twenty cutlets of meat that are gonna be on the road side Mile of Meat tomorrow. Ladies, It's on you now and it will be on you. You need to follow my mantra this year. Get involved. I've been saying it. I've been saying it a lot goes with everything. It goes with voting for Throwback Thursday, sending me word suggestions, sending me emails, calling into the show, any of that stuff. My mantra all year has been get involved. This doesn't work, ladies, if you don't go drive by and see the cutlets of meat tomorrow that are going to be out on the roadside. Of course, Alex will be out there off the market. Sorry, girls. I mean I get that question every year. Ho ho, who's that He's off the market, guys, Okay, very off the market for years. Yeah yeah, but twenty guys will be there. You're gonna drive by. I got the shirt here. Thank you deb from BMP. I got the shirts. Guys will be numbered. You're gonna call in. I'm gonna get some help from Teresa. Oh boy, she's gonna be on the show tomorrow. She's gonna do the show, which we've said the first time in like twelve years. She's going to be on the show with us. And she knows how to do this. We did this for years. She was on the show from She knows how to do this. She was probably there for the inception of the Mile of Meat. I don't know. I'm sure she'll have some of those tales to tell. But I need you to go check out the dudes. They're going to be on West Timer near Gessner tomorrow morning. Scope out the dudes. Call us. Try to convince us why we should give that dude up to you. The big party, the meeting, the Mile of Meat, the culmination of everything that we do in the morning, will happen at Cactus Cove. Now, this is the party that everybody's invited to. But the twenty dudes will come back, the gals that we hook them up with, and they will meet each other for the very first time. I'll bring them up on stage, they'll get a little love Street blonde. We'll say hi, and then they'll go off and meet each other and we'll play some games and we'll have a good time. It is one of the more fun things, one of the funnest things we do of the entire year. Yeah, this party on Friday. Nice cut out.
Speaker 3: Wait, if you are one of the cutlets of meat, please don't bring booze out there tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Just don't. It doesn't go well, Yeah, it's a it's a marathon, not a sprint. Is absolutely Oh where did that come from? Chili? What what happened? That's summer happening. Chill. He's got somebody in the chili bowl over well well well, well, well, uh Chili? Are you busy? Can can you talk to a second? Do you have a man?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's listening. I don't got hitdphones, but she got mine so you can talk to her.
Speaker 1: So are you Holly Garza? Yes, I let me get rid of Chili's music. You don't want.
Speaker 3: Dads, Oh yeah, your music, Chili.
Speaker 1: You don't want Chili's music. What do you say, don't worry about it? When I said don't worry about what I said?
Speaker 9: Hey, hold on, let me start reading your lips.
Speaker 1: How are you doing great? How are you feeling about playing? I mean you got You're sitting right next to the man. You have to play him and read my lips. Don't get off friendly with him, or you don't get don't get off friendly with him. Okay, I need a killer when you come in here. Okay, okay, any preparations for playing read my lips? Do you practice? Do you No? I'm literally just walking into this. You're just walking in Ye? You love losing? Oh No, he's going down, He's going down. Have you heard that ridiculous song that they listen to in their ears? Yes? Okay, that's the one thing that I asked Chili to send everybody that comes into play that song is It's not that I don't like Mastodon, it's just, you know, it's it's it's a lot, it's a lot blaring in your ears. So I don't like to shock people with that. That's the one thing I need you to do is listen to that song just so you're not completely freaked out at this dude screaming in your ears. And then you got to deal with me screaming in your ears and Chili and Alex screaming in your ears. All right, well, listen, I'm excited for you, Holly. It's for Papa Roach Rise against Tickets. Oh and uh, you heard the guy won last week and Chili's been beat before by a listener, So a chick has not won a chick listener that came off the streets. Which you are off the streets. I don't know what you're like in the sheets, but you're off the streets. You have to you have to get a win today. Okay, okay, all right, all right, let's Holly everybody. She'll be joining us in studio. Chili's intimidating when you're right next to him, not to me, cuddly bear. All right, well, we're gonna we're gonna get Holly and Chili in the room with us, and uh, we're gonna play. Read my lips. One last scan of all my emails. If you've got some great words to suggest for the game, I'll take a look at them. Email me directly. Rod at the Buzz dot coms, Rock Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show. Poor about the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Mostly cloudy today. Ten percent chance of rain, highs of around fifty three. Bunch of people here in the studio, but I'm focused on Alex right now because I would like to find out what's trending. Well, Rod, I'll tell you exactly what's trending. Please.
Speaker 3: First up is Gallentine's Da Happy Galentine's Day to all the ladies.
Speaker 2: It is now.
Speaker 3: I didn't where all the ladies celebrate their friends, their gal pals.
Speaker 1: Are you doing them a solid? Or is it really trending? It is trending. Is this one of those things on Google trends? Just one of those j C.
Speaker 3: Penny and Joe Anne's fabrics, which you've already covered, one of those testa trending things where it's like, you know, because I would do past the gravy every single time. By the way, episode up, now go check that out.
Speaker 1: Devlin Duck Hodge is trending.
Speaker 3: He is Laney Wilson's now fiance, former longtime boyfriend, former NFL player. But when she announced their engagement, I guess they got engaged earlier, but she posted about it yesterday, and so everybody's like, who the hell is this guy?
Speaker 1: I wanted to date? Laney? She must have known she was getting that ring. I saw a couple of interviews with her and she was like not blasting him, but like she hed better do something sooner. I wouldn't be the one that gets down on one today. Hot accident. Yeah, I can't do something said, I don't know. Probably wasn't anything that was actually pretty good. That kind of turned me out now.
Speaker 3: And then also trending Four Nations. This is actually trending.
Speaker 1: I will show it to you on Twitter. But the Four.
Speaker 3: Nations face Off launched yesterday. It's the NHL's substitute for the All Star Game. Canada beat Sweden in the opening game, four to three in overtime. The US plays Finland tonight in their first game in the tournament.
Speaker 1: As a trending a nightify the buzz. I'll allow it. I did not, I'll allow it. Make it up. It's Trending's time to read my lips. Who the hell is Holly? Hi? Holly, Hello, how are you? How are you? I'm worried about you. I asked if you practiced and didn't. You're like, no, just coming in here. I think you have all the confidence in the world. Chili has played Chili.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't even practice for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Allen Iverson, you're talking about practice. Yeah, she didn't even practice.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know she she thinks she's going to wait. So we're just going to see what happens.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: These guys always say I always ask way too late? Are you a professional lip reader? Okay? Because I'm still waiting for someone to come in. I do know someone. We know Wendy. Wendy yell. Yeah, she can't play. We know our friend Wendy. She can't play. She's she's a professional lipreator. She would lose. No, she wouldn't.
Speaker 5: That's what she does.
Speaker 1: Did I talk to her all the time? You're talking with your hand over your mind. Continue to reading my book? All right? Well that's Chili, that's Holly Gars and Holly are you from from Northern Spring? Okay? Well, good to have you on this morning. Should I take a call in case you don't win to give away these tickets? No, like you're going are you? Are you a lock to win these tickets today? Are you beating Chili? Yes, I'm beating him. You're beating him.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, you see that a little crack in her voice?
Speaker 3: Okay, who's on the phone, Matthew.
Speaker 1: Matthew, how are you today? I'm doing good, Holly says, I'm wasting my time. She says she's going to win the tickets. If the worst happens and for some reason she doesn't win, you're going to get the popa Roach Rise Against tickets March twentieth at the Toyota Center. Okay, only if what she says is not going to happen. She says, she's winning these tickets. Matthew, So I'm just gonna put you and throw you off to the side, forget that you're in there. But there's a chance. Okay, bro, I'll take a chance. All right, I'm gonna go through my words. You hang right in there, Matthew. All right, it's chili, It's Holly Garza going head to head. Read my lips. Is next The Rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 5: Four, five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz that's Lincoln Park and Lost Rod Ryan's Show. Just chit chatting over here with Holly Garza. Who is you have a seven year old and a one year old. Okay, let me make sure I got you on here. Okay, So welcome in. Thank you for having me do we ask, now, this is the sixth week. I think that we've had a listener come in, family member, you know, come in and play. She gets to choose whether she wants to go first or second. How does this work?
Speaker 7: Chilling?
Speaker 9: We'll let her go, oh, chicken pick. She wants to go first.
Speaker 5: Our sandleman think, I mean, I'm a gentlemen.
Speaker 1: What do you want to do?
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: She wants to kind of see the whole thing go down that you're going again exactly, I read my lips.
Speaker 9: More pressure on her than it's on me.
Speaker 1: I don't think you were prepared for her to say go first.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go first.
Speaker 9: See I got I got mind control over her.
Speaker 1: Don't believe him for a second. That sounds exactly like someone that didn't want to go first. I first, where's your headphones? They're over here. That's that's how I knew that he didn't know he was going to go first. He put the headphones by you. Well, I was nice. I was saying, nice, move.
Speaker 9: Holly, I like to play mind games.
Speaker 1: You know, classic, classic misdirection. He just assumed she was going to go first.
Speaker 9: Oh, look the volume's not it's going to his limit. It's not loud enough for me. It looks like I'll win.
Speaker 1: So I explained to Holly a little bit, and go, you know, people are sending me words all morning long. And then I picked what I feel are the best ones, and then I shuffle them and then I shall flow him. And I got it down to seven. I probably I started with about fifteen twenty words here, and then these are I think are the best ones. This is what we're gonna use today.
Speaker 9: Why are you showing her the words?
Speaker 1: Worry about it? Okay? And then I said, when you look at me, try it to laugh. I don't know. For some reason, Shelley laughs when he sees my face, So don't do that. I don't like how against us Rod is whenever we have listeners. Oh, I am one hundred percent rooting for Holly. There's no question. Okay, there is I stand on now. There is no question that I'm rooting for her. Okay, first word, you're keeping time? I am twenty seconds. He starts, So, Holly, he starts timing. As soon as I say the word, he starts timing. He'll do the same with you. Okay, All right, here we go. Todd sent this one in thumbs up.
Speaker 9: He looks so manly holding that word like that.
Speaker 1: Here we go, hold on, let me oh focus, Here we go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Balloon bone butter both balloon, bone, balloon, balloon, balloon, balloon bone, Kendrick.
Speaker 5: Lamar balloon balloon.
Speaker 1: Is he just going through the eagle? You deserve to get down wrong because of your dumb eagles gasses. I think that I don't like that we talked about a new mile high club balloon bone bone. Uh why is carpt todd? Probably because they're boning in the balloon. Oh okay, I'm gonna go to a Alex. I don't want to be an. I'm gonna be a sea back to see, back to see. Here we go. Okay, that's nothing. There you go. You always you only have to get two now.
Speaker 9: I was giving our hope so she can think that she can win, you know, building her up again to chop her down.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Kevin sent this one in. I was interested in this this week. Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 15: Bald pill both meats, bald pill, ma, beer bald pill, bald holy me bald pill, ball's.
Speaker 14: Deep bald pill something beer bald pill, holly Holly, Did.
Speaker 1: I say balls deep? Did I not? I don't think I that was the closest to like the answer that he got the bald pill. Oh, the bald pill's gonna in a bald pill if they have one that works. That's what he said. There was Roger. It's not mine.
Speaker 9: I mean, I give my d's and my l's, come choose classic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a joke in there somewhere that I'm gonna refrain because we have a guest. We have a guest in the studio. I'm not going to make call the words good. I'm not gonna go for the low hanging fruit. All right, say good? Sierra sent this one in here we go thumbs up, thumbs up. He's got none so far, by the way.
Speaker 16: Okay, meat pimp, meat, pimp, piss pimp meat, pimp meat, pimp meat, blimp meat, pimp me a d please, meat, pimp meat pimp time.
Speaker 1: I like he's got nothing, U piss test. Come on, man, you had it, he said both words, but not together. At one point you said meat and another time you said limp pimp, meet blimp something pimp. I thought he had him. He said meat blimp. He got figured out meat blimp. He just didn't hold on that. He didn't hold on that. Holly, Oh, you do is get one? We're going to overtime. No, we're not. Somebody not get anything on this entire year. I think we are not going to overtime. As soon as she gets one, the game is over. Now you're setting her up. Uh, family member listener, Holly Garza is now masta don in the headphones blaring in her ears. It's a complete distraction, and it completely locked. He wipes out my voice. She can't, she can't hear.
Speaker 9: That's why I couldn't guess any of the words.
Speaker 1: Okay, him, you weren't pronouncing him right? Your your brother right there is the meat pimp. Hey, I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I don't like that name.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. You're king meat salesman. Twenty seconds on the clock. Please all right? Thumbs up? She said, yes, Nicole Senttherson. Plastic baby, plastic baby. What that was easy?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 12: Do that?
Speaker 5: That set up?
Speaker 1: That set up that aust classics, that's set up wit whoa You saw me shuffles, You saw me shuffle swinner. You won't time at all. Plastic baby, not your best showing, buddy. It was a setup, set up. I thought he gave the listener the easier words to last week. Yeah, okay, so you're the Eagles and you're Kansas City. That was an ass whompin' you know what. I'm glad the Bills loves you know. Oh geez. Second, now, hey, Matthew, Wait a minute, did he hang out? Matthew. I'm sad, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 5: I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: We don't need you, Matthew. And she said it. She goes, Rod, you're wasting your time getting Matthew on the phone. I'm gonna beat the Chile. She didn't practice, no nothing. She just got the job done. And that's exactly what needed to happen here. So we got ourselves a winner. And her name is Holly Garza. She's going to the Hopper Roach Rise Against Show March twentieth at the Toyota Center. This is like at the end of the Ferris Bueller movie, Matthew, go home. It's over. Matthew, it's over, Go home, Holly, great job, great job, Damn Rod Ryan show nine the buzz okay ninety four or five, the buzz squeeze her say it ain't so, Holly Garza with an ass whooping of the Chile and read my lips. She needed one word to walk away with those tickets. David, along with a couple of others, I get emails like Rod when when you have leftover words, can't you share with everybody, like what the words were, just so we can see, you know, whether or not they were easy or they were hard. You know, I always have it in my mind like Okay, I'm gonna reuse these, and I put them away and I never reuse them because you guys do such a good job. She got plastic baby right. Nicole m sent that in Valerie. Next up was going to be she didn't need these. Lava floor was that this morning? Yeah? I guessed, uh, head to head there was a lava instead of elevator's right. Lava floor was talked out today bead boob, I guess that's a Marty gra thing. Heather sent it in a lot of chicks and then James, I know sometimes you say that the rhyming words aren't real helpful. It was going to be grape vape. It was going to be the overtime word. But I mean again, it was chilly we didn't need overtime. We didn't need we needed one. One word for the ass kicking today. Great job. I mean, I guess until we get a full time co host in here, we're gonna keep this listener thing happening. But it's fun. I mean, I don't know, you guys are the ones that have to play because you mean to us every time a listener comes in the studio. But the listeners, it's week seven, very biased against us, and it makes us feel like you are the enemy. Three wins for the listeners against you, guys that are both kind of professionals.
Speaker 14: Both.
Speaker 1: Maybe I expect more out of you guys. We need a little support. We're getting that, all right, awesome job today, very very I can't wait to go back and watch that on you podcast, the Game Right Podcast in the next hour. Oh that's perfect, all right.
Speaker 8: I want to go back and listen to Ho Ho's Alternative and Home at the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Oliver Tree, let me down, rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. I prompt, Well, let me just look, I got we have some time. We're a little early today. How'd that happen. Oh don't how that? Why are we so early?
Speaker 2: Just?
Speaker 1: I think we're efficient. This is a very efficient show. Because Holly Garza needed one word to a you don't need to be me about it. I'm just saying it's a ready. We're running a little early, so I've got time to check in on your throwback Thursday votes. Marilyn Manson leading with one and ninety eight votes. That's good for fifty two percent. Three hundred and twenty eight votes for Dishwalla. Counting blue Cars, that's twenty eight percent, two hundred and seven votes for Garbage Special eighteen percent. Marilyn Manson got a commanding lead, much like Colleyguards. She won by one.
Speaker 5: That's all she needed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was not a commanding It was a one point win. If you think about it, one score game.
Speaker 1: It was like when one high school is just killing the other high school and it's like a mercy, like, okay, enough, we're done. That's all she needed was one word. You're gonna get Chili locked in. He's just gonna be a stone cold killer. Now let's go. We're in the forties, guys, it's like forty three degrees outside our best hope is to get up to fifty three. What are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: A federal judge ruled yesterday that President Donald Trump's planning to forget federal workers to resign can continue. Judge Georgia Tool ruled that labor unions lack the legal standing to challenge the President's deferred resignation plan. The program offered federal employees eight months of pay and benefits in exchange for voluntary resignations, aiming to reduce the federal workforce. Unions say that they are still looking at further actions that they can pursue, and pointed out that the judges ruling did not deal with the legality of the program. A high school student is being charged with evidence tampering in connection with the shooting death of a sixteen year old girl, but police still have not identified who shot her. Hailey Toledo was found dead in the passenger seat of a car on Gulf Bank Road Tuesday morning. Her mother says that her seventeen year old boyfriend was driving the car, and police say an unidentified twenty year old man and eighteen year old high school student, Louis Tejada.
Speaker 1: We're in the backseat.
Speaker 3: Tahada was the one that was charged with tampering after HPD claimed that his story conflicted with witness statements to Hada has been released from jail on a fifteen thousand dollars bond, and police stated that the investigation is still ongoing.
Speaker 1: Brutal.
Speaker 3: On some lighter news, for the first time in forty two years, a Merrika's best selling vehicle is not befored F one five, Toyota's RAB four has dethrowned it. Toyota sold more than four hundred and seventy five thousand RAB fors last year, while Ford sold a measly four hundred and sixty one thousand F one fifties. I always thought that the Camri and the Corolla were like the most popular cars.
Speaker 1: I feel like I see them out there. My wife drives a Corolla, so rock rolla Corolla. Yeah. Corolla was just the seventh most popular car, and the Camera came in at six.
Speaker 3: The Hanna CRV was number three, Tesla's Model Y was four and rapped bring up the top five was the Chevy Silverado fifteen hundred. Another popular one I noticed in there was the Honda Civic that I've seen a lot of those in the road, but that was number nine.
Speaker 1: Either one of these could have been a news story today in your headlines. That horseback rider that got clotheslined by the highway side. I watched that many times. Holy cow, is that person? Okay? I don't think he's posted. If he's not or she, I don't know. If I don't know if you guys have seen the clip yet. It's headlining three things you must see today. Guyna horse is a trail rider. Yeah, it's the annual Pony Express where they deliver invitations to the state officials. We used cars next time, guys to the Houston Rodeo and he got completely brutally clotheslined by a highway sign. Somebody just happened to be driving. He had a police escort and everything snake up on him. He ran right into it. Yeah. Does anybody know how that guy's doing? Is he texting and riding? He hit really hard. I don't know. He definitely wasn't on his phone. The other thing I sent to our famous named listener, Scott Wiland, Huh, he comes out to all of our events. Last time I saw him, think it was a twentieth anniversary. Him and his wife. He does a lot of fishing in I think Galveston Bay and he's in a kayak and he catches some big fish. Yeah, there's a guy fishing in a kayak in New Zealand a great white shark. I'm not making this up either. I'm not like over selling it. This great white shark starts stalking him for eight minutes. This great white shark, the same size as his kayak, is just kind of cruising around his kayak. And then he's like trying to throw things to distract him, and the shark is just trailing him behind. Knows what he's doing. You see both fins out of the water. Just look at a movie. Both of those things could have been in the news today. It's three things you must see. Did at attack him?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 1: No, he got out? Okay, not so great if you ask me. I just want to know, is that guy on the pony is he okay? Holy Collie hit thathing hard. I feel like you lose your riding privileges after that, though. Maybe all right?
Speaker 3: Rom coms, right, yeah, The Hollywood Reporter put together a list of must watch rom coms for Valentine's Day. He's trying to set the mood, maybe watch a little silly Valentine's Day themed comedy. Number one on the list was You've Got Mail, followed by Ten Things I Hate About You and Sleepless in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Nowhere on this list was The Wedding Singer, and that's been on TV.
Speaker 3: I think every single day when I get home, I try and put it on something in the background, and it's always on. I think, E and they're unning Valentine's Day themed movies. Wedding Singer is a funny movie and it should be on the top ten.
Speaker 1: It's not some other movies.
Speaker 3: To All the Boys I've Loved Before or number four. Crazy Rich Asians came in at five. When Harry Met Sally was number six, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days is seven, and then Love actually rounded out the top ten.
Speaker 1: Christmas even though it's a Christmas movie. Yeah, got a good movie. It seems like anything with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore should be on the list. Just go with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, fifty First Dates should have been on. There should have been a ton of other ones with Adam Sandler. You're right, they could have been perfect rom comes for that. But you can go check this out. Is this got a blog page? It does does have a block page. We go check it out and then maybe make a little playlist. So what you're gonna watch tomorrow after you're back from mildmedick?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Is this one post Malone during the pandemic did that live stream in doing Nirvana songs?
Speaker 3: I am not one hundred percent sure what this is specifically from, but this is him covering Nirvana, and I'm playing that because post Malone is generating some buzz now after announcing he's going to release a all Nirvana covers album with Travis Barker, this is him doing all apologies though the album's gonna feature fourteen songs that post he originally performed during a pandemic era live stream back in twenty twenty. Probably what this is from my guess, but I'm sure he's played like Nirvana other times in addition to playing drums and the tracks when he two is Travis Barker is also going to be helping out with the production of the album. The album's gonna be released for Record Store Day on April twelfth.
Speaker 1: He should do a secret track, like a bonus track. Yeah, and he covers this Oh dude, how can you not? You can't touch this? This is Patrick Swayze. Nobody needs she could do it. No, if anybody could his postage and then shaboozi, you let Patrick Swayze have this. I will not allow a cover of the song The sways Man. Nobody touches Patrick Swayze. No, it's in the corner. Well, it's in sports though.
Speaker 3: Disaster's pictures and catchers officially report to spring training today down in West Palm Beach, Florida. So what you're gonna start and seeing from sports reporters, you're ready for chain link fence photos where they're very blurry pictures and they're just.
Speaker 1: Like baseball's back.
Speaker 3: Tony Fournheiser on party in the interruption would always be like, hey, and this is the sicklicol nature of sports. The Super Bowl happens, and then pitchers and catchers report. I always remember that from part of the interruption, but in some.
Speaker 1: Other baseball news.
Speaker 3: Now, former astro Alex Bregman signed a three year, one hundred and twenty million dollar deal with the Red Sox. Won two titles with the Strows in his nine years here in Houston. Since being drafted number two overall back in twenty fifteen, and now worst of luck to him because he's on arrival. In basketball, Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Suns one nineteen to one eleven. Tarry Easton had twenty five points on the night to lead the team in scoring. Rock Ups to be back in action tonight. They're gonna host Steph Curry and the Warriors at the Toyota Center. They're two and a half point favorites heading into that one. Tip offs at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And in some hockey news, Team USA is gonna play their first game in the Four Nations Faceoff Tournament tonight. They'll take on Finland. That'll start at seven o'clock and you can watch it on ESPN. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Are they using this at all during the hockey tournament? The US hasn't played yet.
Speaker 3: We banned Canada from using it because it's He's American, so they probably should play it too much.
Speaker 1: When they score a goal. And this is what git that would really hype people up the chair. She's like a puck through the Pipes.
Speaker 5: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. See there, Welcome to the nine o'clock hour. Marilyn Manson is still in the lead in your Throwback Thursday. Today, winning song will be played at nine thirty six the Gram Thursday. Looking at girls blog page, all of that stuff. The music blog page today. The headline is the rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees, which I don't know when you hear the songs you know exactly who it is or no, obviously check do you know that I did?
Speaker 3: I did a rock and Roll Hall of Fame or a rock and roll history class in college one time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Chevy Checker was like one of the first guys, Chevy Checker, Fats Domino, A bunch of guys like that.
Speaker 1: They like the first lessons that we learned. Have you put those two names together. I'll do it for you right now. Do you want to have your Fats Domino Chevy Checker, think about it, fast games. Fats Domino came first, the guy I don't remember Chubby Checker's real name, but he did like some kind of a Fats Domino kind of impersonation a little bit, and then they jokingly said, you're not Fats Domino, but why don't you be Chevy Chubby Checker. I like that even more. It's not the Fats Domino, So you're still in class. Why are you saying sleep in that class?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 1: Chubby's still with us, Still Chubby. Chubb's eighty three years old. Okay, he's been living off his two hits, the Twist and then the other one, Let's Twist again like we did last summer, like he had a follow up to this. Put the guy in there. He's alive. I don't care that he only had two songs. Put him in. He's rocking a Canadian tuxedo and his wikipedia Oh is he yeah, denim On Denham. Put him in. He's he's from Philadelphia.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Keep him out. He's eighty three years old. Put him in there. This is not the first time that Soundgarden has been nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I try to separate myself from being a super fan and like, what was their impact on the music? And I just don't think you can deny Like, okay, Nirvana's in Okay, Pearl jams in. But how can you deny the impact of the Flannel four that came out of Seattle, the Seattle area at that time. But I just feel there's music snobs that will say we already took care of that with the two bands that are in and Soundgarden is older than those bands. Yeah, it's Flannel four. That's not one. They come on, you gotta get all four it, I think so, I do. I think so. The other one in the Flannel four would be Allison James obviously, maybe not so obvious, Mariah Carey, who people are worried about her a little bit. I got a video of her walking around like one hundred and ten year old lady. Oh it's not Christmas, she's in season. She's in her fifties. I think she looks fantastic. I'm not just saying that she looks amazing. She's wearing high heels and she's walking about as slow as a woman could walk on the stage as she's singing. Now, she's never been known as a dancer. She has people carry her on stage a lot of times. Yeah, yeah, because she doesn't want to move and she wasn't like an ass shaker or anything like that. So it's not like she's doing a huge departure of what she's kind of known for. But it's just people are saying it, Hey, should we be worried about Mariah Carey, Mariah Carey, Oasis, Soundgarden, White Stripe, Cyndi Lauper. They've all been nominees before and not made it in You said you thought Oasis was a lock. I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 3: Obviously, my Hall of Fame reading is off with the NFL last week and now this, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize it was their first time. It wasn't their first time getting nominated twenty five years. I thought they were a first ballot twenty five years from their first album release. Is the rock and Roll Hall of Fame an international rock and roll Hall of Fame? Because if it is, can they tell you the story of rock and roll without Oasis?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree with you. I agree with you. They were much bigger everywhere else. They were big here in the States, but they were bigger everywhere else. So you have a bunch of bands that fall into that. They were huge in the world and maybe not so huge here. Queen was not that big here. Queen was a world band. It's hard to think that now, because we all know Queen, we all love Queen, but Queen never had. America was not a great market for Queen. It really wasn't. So Oasis gets in if they consider how globally huge they are. How do you not consider that it's not the American Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. There's no that's again, we just don't know these things. We don't know. These Hall of Fame voters are just like I hate them so over this time. Look at me. I get to tell you whether or not you're in Gatekeeper. How has Bad Company never been? They've been eligible forever. You have to be twenty five years removed from your debut CD. I bet you Bad Company has been eligible for twenty years. I bet you they've been eligible forever. Also a first time nominee, the Black Crows, They've been eligible for a long time as well. Bad Company, Black Crows, Joe Cocker, Billy Idol. Outcast. Outcast is twenty five years. Outcast needs to get in. Outcast is so good. I was listening to Outcast yesterday, twenty five years from the first release of Outcast, that's insane. The van Fish not my cup of tea, but they're huge. He's in over some of the other ones right there.
Speaker 11: Many This is.
Speaker 1: The first time Chubby Checker has he's a first time nominee. But the Black Crows are bad company. Wow, all right, I don't know. I used to get upset over this. I try not to get too upset anymore. Class in twenty twenty five will be announced in April. Induction ceremony will take place in the fall Out in Los Angeles. Who gets in? Okay? I think Chubby Checker gets in because he's still alive. You're like, rob, what does that mean? Don't worry about it something? Yeah, because the voters do dumb stuff like that. Who Mariah Carey gets in? I think so too. That would have been one of the I think. I think it looks It makes them look cool to put Cyndy Lapper in. I don't think she deserves it makes them look cool. She'll be in. She'll go in stealing stealing somebody else's space.
Speaker 3: Boutcast, I think Outcasts needs to go in Andre three thousand alone. What they've done for like hip hop music, I think just it's you can't tell the story of music without outcasts. If you're going through wrap, outcast has absolutely got its own section.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they're eligible. I mean, just for the for the time, for the playlist.
Speaker 3: Cadillac Music came about nineteen ninety six, was made nineteen nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Soundgarden gets in. Soundgarden gets in. How do you not let Oasis in? Oasis needs to go in. Tom Morello has a huge voice now in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and him he was in Audio Slave with the guy, Yeah, Soundgarden gets in.
Speaker 3: I thinky Soundgarden gets in. Yeah, they deserve to be in. It should have already been in.
Speaker 1: All right, well, this is on the music blog page and so much more. Guys, go get some cash.
Speaker 5: Rock and alternative to the Rod.
Speaker 8: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM. The buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we're back. I hope you're going up to that one thousand dollars alternative income. We got one more week of it. I think I keep saying that it is coming back next week, though that I do know. So you're listening for that keyword at ten after the hour. We started at nine to ten. Jeremy Picks it up at ten ten, eleven, ten, go all the way to Teresa at five ten you listened to the keyword, then you entered it at the buzz dot com. Well, Crystal's mad. Crystal's mad. Crystal is not happy my comments. It happens. I make comments. Sometimes people don't agree. You're wrong. But Crystal says, Rod, what are he's talking about? Sidney Laufer definitely deserves to be in the rock and roll Hall of She's got so many hits and albums. Girls Just want to have Fun is still played everywhere to this day. She deserves it way more than Outcast Crystal False. I've seen Cindy Lauper live in concert. Time after time is one of my favorite songs. I wouldn't even mind if you guys wanted to stick around after Torn Club and we spend a little time with this, I'd be okay. I'd I'd be okay with that, Like Splinter off in a sub group after Torn Club, I do. This is one of my favorite songs. I looked it up. Outcast twenty five million albums sold, Cindy Lauper worldwide, fifty million albums. I had no idea. I had no idea I know her first album was her biggest, and I know that she continued to put out music. I didn't know she sold fifty million copies. I don't think she means as much to music as outcasting.
Speaker 3: That's how I judge it. But again, my Hall of Fame meters off. I'm going to say it now.
Speaker 1: I did say that she would go in.
Speaker 3: Can you tell a story of music without Cyndi Lauper?
Speaker 1: Yes? Can you tell the hit the story of music without outcasts? Because when you get into the hip hop category, outcast had a big part it.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: She might already be in the WWE Hall of Fame, which I think she is. Cindy Apple, Yeah, oh my god, the rock and wrestling thing she invented it. Okay, it was her her manager. I didn't know she got in the Hall of Fame because Captain lewel Bano with us with those rubber bands in his cheeks. You kidding me? Yeah, I bet you.
Speaker 5: She's in.
Speaker 1: So was President Trump? Yeah, I knew that. I think it's head shaved. I think Cydney Lauper's in the WWE Hall of Fame. So is that enough Hall of Fames for her? People are saying some are saying Kid's als online ninety four five the muzz All right, let's go. What do you got about today's al?
Speaker 3: Is called chronograph, and you will be shown a picture from sometime in his a lot of time, Like I saw one. It was a it looked like a man in Japan and he was like a look like Japanese time square. I don't know what it's called, but you have to guess the year. You have a sliding scale from nineteen hundred to two thousand and twenty four. Didn't go under this year, I guess. But then you will see the photo, Like right now, I'm looking at a picture. It looks like a bunch of guys in a black and white photo on what looks like a model T and they looked like it just got done hunting. I guess nineteen forty three. I was off by ten years. Nineteen thirty three was when this was taken. So I get ten points. You get points based on how close you are. You try and do five and see what your total score is. Obviously you want the lower score. The lower your score, it means the closer you were.
Speaker 1: So go check it out.
Speaker 3: See if you can figure out when all These puzzos are taken at throld Pavish rod Ryan showpage.
Speaker 1: The Buzz dot Com sounded like an eighties rock band, you said, came out around the same time as Girls want to have fun. Girls just want to have fun. The hit single from Man in Japan, Man in Japan, Yeah, sounds like an eighties ban Yeah. Man, I would walk a thousand mile Man in Japan. All right, guys, get your last minute votes in through first.
Speaker 14: Show, the.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, popa roach, even if it kills me. Christina's writing and not Miss Christina. I'm Chilis Miss Christina. But Christina says that, Hey, my nephew would like to join your offshoot Time After Time Club. This is where we stick around after Torn Club and then it's like, hey, little Time After Time Club. You know, whatever left over the donuts and the orange drink, we'll mop that up and we'll listen to this. It's been his favorite song since he was about three. He'll be turning nine next month. Okay, so it's me and the nine year old. We're gonna splinter off after Torn Club and U I got someone that wants to join time after time club with me. All right, all right, she goes into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I did say whatever thing I said. I did say, she'll probably go in rock and roll Hall. Yeah, well yeah maybe or not. Yeah, she'll go in. Okay, that makes sense. Remember the last time she came here, she played the Toyota Center, and I thought that was weird too. Yeah, I thought that. I thought it was weird that she was headlining. I thought she needed like help, like a like a co headliner for that. Apparently she didn't. Fifty million albums. All the rock and Roll Hall of Fame stuff is on the music blog page. Today, let's talk about music that we play here on the Rod Ryan Show Club Garbage Special, Dead Last. It doesn't win every time, Alex. Only seventeen percent of people wanted to hear it. Dishwala counting blue cars twenty eight percent of the vote. Buzzfest co headliner Marilyn Manson gets almost fifty five percent of the vote this morning. Yeah, it was it was an ass whoopings today. Come on, it's go Back Thursday. Whatever the hell that is. Here's your Throwback Thursday winner. On ninety four five, the bush.
Speaker 11: Feelot away. I got to get away from the pain. You tried the mad love shall s.
Speaker 2: S go o, well.
Speaker 1: Love my life, I said time. I can't say that.
Speaker 3: Once I wan ll ma now.
Speaker 1: I n from the Let's say from me to gell give me. I want the milk take my tails, and that's not.
Speaker 5: Taking love.
Speaker 11: Say love now, I know I've got sure no way out, got suer get away.
Speaker 1: I don't want more from me.
Speaker 11: You make pies so wide because that us pray say once I ran you know.
Speaker 7: You know I was run from hell.
Speaker 1: Y say from me? Will thank my t s and that's not.
Speaker 16: Love.
Speaker 1: Say no side please I.
Speaker 6: Place You're so.
Speaker 1: Now got my sayings.
Speaker 12: S dab says loved says Saints Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Marilyn manson his cover of tained Love. I don't remember if he did that or not when he opened up for five Finger Death Punch, I don't think he did. I don't He did Sweet Dreams, that's for sure in his line, that's a staple in his set. But I don't think he did Tainted Love because I kind of forgot that he did that as a cover song. Well, this is what people think is the original Tainted Love by the band's Soft Cell. You've heard this before, honey got this is a cover job Gloria Jones, old Gloria Jones. I had no idea.
Speaker 11: Get away from to pay your job into the hob.
Speaker 1: I think this is the original. I knew it's an old song, like it's this might be early sixties.
Speaker 11: I like this very.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I mean Soft Cell really made it their own. Yeah, they really made it their own. And then you could tell Marilyn Manson was influenced more by this version than Naked Darker than the Gloria Jones versions for sure. Yeah, there you go, a little uh throw back Thursday knowledge for you. I think some of you knew that. Well. I wanted to talk a little bit about tomorrow. We had a guy that dropped out of the Mile of Meat and he was kind enough to send me an email last night and said, listen, I know you're gonna be upset, and I wasn't. I wasn't upset. I was happy that he took the time to email me and say, dude, last minute thing. I can't get out of work. I can't be a part of the mile of meat, and I love the fact that he got back to me, so I sent that over to Chile. We had talked about it earlier on the show. Today there was a guy that applied that had not been contacted and said, well, dude, I applied and I never heard back from you guys. He said, my boss already told me he'll get me off of work. Boom, plug and play. That's our guy. Now, that's our guy now, Chili. I haven't looked at every single email that has come in today, but are we solid? We have our twenty dudes. I didn't see anyone else that seemed a little shaky. Everyone else seemed to be pretty pumped up that they were going to be able to be on the Miracle Mile tomorrow, Westheimer, They'll be the boys will be lined up by seven. Well, you think about it, it's dark in the morning. We always want to start at six, but it's pitch black. Yeah, guy's usually lined up about six forty five. How we look at Chili.
Speaker 9: We're good. We got twenty.
Speaker 1: You feel good? Huh, well so far?
Speaker 9: I mean a lot can change from here to the No tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Fine, Yeah, we're good. We're good. We're gonna be just fine. And we found a spot for that guy that sent me that email on New Year's Day. Right, he's in, Yes, he's in.
Speaker 9: You know what, it was a confusion. We had already saved him a spot, and I told you we only need nineteen. Yeah, some reason. I never I was so worried. We're doing all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I never once contacted him until he contacted us.
Speaker 1: And he knew that there's always a long standing tradition on this show when it comes to the mile of Meat, because we're not talking when we come back after Christmas break, we're not talking mile to meat talking about what we did or what's going on in the new year.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he sent an email on New Year's Day he said, brother, Rod, this is my year. I want to be I want to I want to be the first guy that contacts you. Do you still put that first inquiry automatically in? And I said, absolutely, dude. So I'm so glad that he got in. So he'll be another favorite of mine tomorrow. I have my favorites, don't worry about it. But this guy that stepped up today, Yeah, I'm gonna make sure we put a big spotlight on him. Tomorrow. Okay, I'm going to reserve the hottest chick in the world for him because that's awesome that he came through Clutch today already worked it out with his boss and everything, that he's going to be out there tomorrow. All right, Alex, you're out there on Westheimer tomorrow right there by guests before Guestner and this is inbound. So coming into the galleria, swing on by and Chillie. It's me, you and Teresa tomorrow.
Speaker 9: It's a party, man, right, And you know the cool thing is I've been talking to Teresa and then she's like exciting, She's like pump, she's ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was on the show so long ago. We said it was over twelve years that none of you guys like worked with her on this show. Now you know, like you guys some of you, you know, had Dinah and everybody worked with Tessa, and then somebody had Phyllis and then somebody had you know what I mean, Like you guys hadn't worked with her.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, both days. I've always known her and talked to her, but I never work with her. So now I'm excited and kay, wait, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be fun. She wants to do. She wants to do the rec checks. I said, we can get Christina Cruz if you don't want to worry about that. She's like, no, I'll do the rec checks. She'd like. She wants to like jump in and note about it. She wants to do all the stuff, which is awesome. So that's Tomorrow's gonna be really, really fun.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm really looking forward to it. Know the show is coming up tomorrow. I'll be asking Teresa come up with a question. Yeah, she used to do it. She did it for years. Buzzfest tickets. I'm gonna give away alex Is coming up with the questions. Now, alex Is gonna ask you about something that was covered today on the show. To join us to party with Us Saturday, March twenty fourth, to see Marilyn Manson and a bunch of other great, great bands. So sit tight for the question after this. Ninety four and five to Bus Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, throw Back Thursday, fixed the Graham Thursday. My goodness, we should have spent some more time on that. That was your number one link today. Weatherwise, it's just been kind of cold out there. We haven't had to deal with rain, but we are still in the forties, sitting on a pair of buzzfust tickets we just got. We just primed the pump listening to Marilyn Manson. He's co headlining with Chavelle Saturday May twenty fourth up at the Woodlands. Now I have a pair of tickets to give to you before we get out of here today, Alex, for the last time this week, I'm asking you, Oh yeah, what is today's no the show question? What holiday is today?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sure, well I don't need that yet. Sorry, that was me that sold Eddie Fingers over here. Sorry, what is today's holiday? What holiday is today? Seven? One three, two one two five nine four five? Looking for uh, we'll start with Coller tent with the correct answer. Now hit that button, Chubby Fingers wrong. Alternative ninety four five.
Speaker 7: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan's show, that's ever lasted? What it's like and that's gonna musically cap us off here? Okay, her chilly outside. You guys probably already have been out there, so you know, grab a little jackets, layer up a little bit. Today it's in the forties, so yeah, layer up, mostly cloudy The best we're gonna see today is fifty three. All right, it's ninety fifty six. Let's go please now time four. I know this show on ninety four five the.
Speaker 15: Bus La la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 9: Good morning Jessica.
Speaker 1: Hi Jessica, how are you good? How are you do so great? Did you have to leave the house today?
Speaker 5: Are all?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: It's gold out there, you know?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did, I did. I had to drop off my daughter is wearna chart and then.
Speaker 9: I came right back in.
Speaker 1: But it's been instance a little jacket. You needed a jacket today? Yeah, it's gold out there. Okay, Jessica. Let's say we get you some tickets here. Alex, do you have a question for Jessica? What holiday is today? Careful? I believe it's Gallantine Day?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Were you trying to trip her up?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I was, because it's it's like World Radio Day. But it's not really a holiday on high It's just a day that was celebrated Gallantine's Day. I heard that too, Jessica. Congratulations, he tried to trip you up. Buzzfeesh tickets are yours Saturday, May twenty fourth. We're giving you a pair. Awesome, thank you so much. I want to see Mari at a Mansent th real. Yeah, you're gonna love it. You're gonna love it. Yeah, thankful for me. Great job today. Oh I haven't heard this. This is R E M Radio Free Europe. God, I've heard this in forever. It is World Radio Day, so it counts.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We gotta go. Thank you guys for celebrating World Radio Day with us. And if you're out there celebrating Gallantine's Day, I hope you have a great Gallantine's Day. Sure, go ahead. Hank had a huge morning. He became the second Hall of Famer fresh out of bed head to head challenge we play every morning, get six to twenty. Oh, we're going fishing tomorrow. I'm excited about that. We're going fishing tomorrow. You're gonna be a little busy, You're gonna be out of studio, so I'm to it. Still, who knows. I think Teresa's gonna be having like flashbacks on all some of these weird things all morning long. We need some fresh fish for the fresh out of bed head to head and you heard me correct. Teresa is gonna be doing the morning show. We just had thirteen years down. I got here in twenty twelve. Teresa was before thirteen years. Since Teresa's been on this morning, We've been doing this show a long time. How great was Holly Garza, I'll let you take that away. How great was she today? She was cool as she came in, as cool as she came in. I'm not gonna bab out with my friend Chili. Holly, you did great. She won the read my lips this morning, and three listeners have won, and three listeners have lost. Well, well, well, well all right, Holly, thank you so much for coming in. Thank you to all the throwback Thursday voters. Marilyn Manson won by landslide. Kind of like Holly and On and the Mile of Meat guys, we get to meet them tomorrow. Tomorrow they're gonna be out on the road side. I know you guys, you dalls are doing your Gallentine's Day today. Leave a little something in the tank for tomorrow morning. You don't show up, I will lose it. The only way this promotion works is if you get off your ass like I Jessica just all she did was drive the kid to school today. But you got to get out there. You have to get involved with us, and you have to go out and see the meat. We are doing all of the work. You literally just have to drive by and pick The guys will be out there in their numbered shirts. You tell me you called the radio station seven one, three, two five, and Teresa and I will work like we did thirteen years ago, and we'll figure out what gal would be perfect for what guy you got to show? Yeah, so my let meet tomorrow. It's one of the funnest shows we do all year. It's a lot of work, but it's it's worth it. It's really really fun. A new episode of Past the Gravy went up cause it's so busy today Brand News. Did you fellas get into recap in the Super Bowl? Getting ready for Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: We did a mock draft of rappers to kick off Mock Draft Season.
Speaker 1: All kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Check it out available on the World Finished Rid Ryan showpage wherever else you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Also check it out on YouTube anywhere else you get podcasts. All right, thank you guys for allowing us to play on the radio every day. It makes me think about it because it's World Radio Day. But love each and every one of you, and I hope you feel that love every day that we're on the air. At some point, I hope you've hurt me. Just thank you guys from the bottom of my heart to allow us to do this every day. It really is. It's so much fun and I love doing these fun things. And tomorrow is gonna be absolutely awesome. And have to have Teresa here after thirteen years in the air. Yeah, Like, I don't even think it's gonna be weird. I'm just I'm ready for it.
Speaker 3: I'm just done it for so many years, you know, Like yeah, like it's just it'll be like riding bike.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, we got some work to do here behind the scenes to get ready for tomorrow's big show. And then don't forget tomorrow night. We're gonna ask you all to come and join us for the party out at Cactus Cod. Jeremy is up next. He's got the non stuff noon or pick your tickets at the one o'clock in the one o'clock hour, and I don't worry. We'll get squared away on the Alternative Income he's ready to go at ten ten for you. All right, we're on a twenty hour break. Do not miss anything tomorrow. It's gonna be if you and fun man am F Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.