Speaker 1: Go for the green with stay and play packages at the award winning Dancing Rabbit Golf Club. You'll love the comfort and convenience of the newly renovated Dancing Rabbit Inn. Beautiful single or double rooms and suites available. Or bring your group and stay at our elegant clubhouse room, golf and dine packages starting at one hundred and thirty nine dollars. Book today called eight sixty six four four Pearl or online at Pearl Riverresort dot com. It's kay to Pearl River Resort.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairshild's the Right Side radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative field then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of My Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own. And I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now, You can get up to eighty percent off of all my Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride no space in between Midnight and Ride and remember enter the promo code m D Night r id and say big while getting the best night's sleep you've ever had. This show is a part of the Midnight Right Network.
Speaker 3: He have the sam what's your name? Has the time of his had a statue? Every started shaking off and who will fly Tennis gonna.
Speaker 2: Be he win you him out the freedom starting a feel.
Speaker 3: And it'll be who like the whole man rule his nain and down.
Speaker 2: Broughtie courtesy and wire.
Speaker 3: And liberals be worn.
Speaker 4: Your viewpoints will be subjected to straight scrutiny.
Speaker 3: You're listening to roadside radio.
Speaker 2: It's like my eyes to be blown wild.
Speaker 4: We have come together here because the American people deserve better from those to whom they entrust, our nation's highest officers.
Speaker 3: We stand united and are resolved.
Speaker 4: To do something about it, which whether we like it or not spelled Judy, you and I have a Rendezvous with Destiny.
Speaker 3: You tuned in to right Side Radio.
Speaker 2: Alright, you have found it. It is the Right Side Radio Show, recording this episode on Thursday October the twenty third, twenty twenty five. I'm your host, Jack Fairchilds, and as always we ask that you like and subscribe to the Right Side Radio Show. Remember we're on all the major podcatchers out there. We're on Apple Podcast, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Spreaker, Amazon Music, and so many more. So make sure that you're subscribed to your favorite podcatcher so that way whenever The Right Side comes on, you won't miss a single episode. Of course, before I get to our guest today, I want to announce that the new episode of Chris McDaniels America will record this Sunday at two pm. So make sure that you mark your calendars and you go ahead and catch the latest episode. And don't worry if you miss it. Somehow, if you're unable to watch at the time that we are recording, you will be able to go back and watch it on Chris McDaniel's Facebook page, on the Midnight Rides Facebook page, on the Midnight Rides YouTube page. Even though we broadcast live it's still up there, so you can always go back and check it out. And while you're at it, if you haven't already subscribed to the Midnight Rides YouTube page, do that today as well. Again, that's supposed to be recording live at two pm October twenty sixth, which is this Sunday, So we look forward to having that popping up this Sunday. Always a good time with Chris. Now, I've got a guest on today, and this is a guest is a good friend of mine for almost twenty years. His name is Adam Dice. Adam is a decorated US Air Force veteran and educator, and now he's a published author because he has written a new book called Faithful Leadership Lessons of How and Why to Lead as a Christian. He says that this is a compelling resource for Christians seeking to understand and live out their leadership purposes with faith and integrity. And I think it's one of those things that's important these days to talk about. So that's part of the reason why I asked Adam to come on the show this week. And let's let's talk about his book. Let's talk about what motivated him to write this book in the first place, so I look forward to sitting here in just a few minutes and talking with Adam about this book. All right, guys, I burst off. I want to welcome you, Adam, to the Right Side Radio show. I know you've been listening pretty much as long as you and I have been friends, which is almost twenty years at this point. But this is your first appearance on the Right Side, So welcome to the Right Side.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, and you're correcting that, and it has been a long time, and it's everybody as good as they come there, Jack, I appreciate your time and having me own this that there.
Speaker 2: Well, Adam, you know I talked about when I introduced you that you're a decorated US Air Force veteran. Tell me, tell me a little bit about you know, your service to this country, you know what it meant to you, And just tell me what led you to join the military, let alone the Air Force.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair question. I did it backwards as compared to how most people probably do it. You entered right out of high school. In high school, I was involved in a JRTC program and I took a liking to it. For lack of better terms, but I accepted some scholarships elsewhere. I went on to college straight out of high school, and later in life, I got in. By that time, I already had begun my career in coaching and as an educator, and I realized I was getting a little older and I was not going to be getting any younger. So I always had that desire to serve, and I realized at that point. I believe I was twenty six years old when I decided to enter, and I entered the Mississippi Air National Guard, because if I waited much longer than that, it would have been a little harder to joint, from my perspective, but a little harder to assimilate. Marriage, children, All those things can happen, obviously, in those things are blessings, but you don't want to just go join an additional organization that's going to be very time consuming. When you have all those things, it's better to if you're going to do it, go ahead and do it. And it's it's an honor to serve. But ultimately, I just wanted to serve my country. And there were some benefits too. For example, I wanted to go back to school and continue my education. And the Montgomery GI Bill and the post nine eleven GI Bill were certainly incentives to do so, but it was a strong desire to serve which led me there initially.
Speaker 2: Adam, now you're an educator a baseball coach, so you're a high school baseball coach. You also teach your classes. Tell me, tell me what called you to education.
Speaker 3: Well, I grew up in a home where both my parents were educators, and they were the first in their family to go to college. So they instilled in me the values of education and making your own path in life and working hard for what you have and coming from very humble means. They kind of showed me the ropes there, so to speak, and that's kind of what set my direction for the most part and planning to see for for the early go. But there were courses that I always found interesting that I wouldn't mind teaching that are a hobby of sorts to mine, and that and the umbrella of social studies, whether it's American history or US government or even economics. I'd rather enjoyed those pretty much my whole life, and that will be something I could take pleasure in doing for a career. And on the coaching side. I grew up playing sports. Baseball was my favorite as the one that has always been my favorite hobby anything associated with it, even if it's cutting a baseball field, or watching a baseball game or playing in a baseball game. So I thought there could be a lot of competitive energy there, and I also thought that there would be a good way to impact kids moving forward now I had looking back, there were several teacher mentors that really helped me out along the way, but anybody who played high school sports, in my opinion, some of their greatest influences were their coaches. So I understood my father was a coach. I understood that the impact, whether it's positive or negative, that a coach can have, and I thought it would be a good platform to try to bear positive impact for others, to pay it back all the incentives and the good things and the lessons I got from it. I thought that I was do that for a living as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and it's important too, because you're right about a coach's influence on their students, the athletes playing under them, making a asting memory. Because I can still name off several of the coaches I played for when I was younger, and some I can name off with nothing but positivity, and there some that I name off and it's like, yeah, I'm not sure about that one. I hoping that you're on the on the plus side when it comes to the impact you're making those kids.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, me too. And that's that's certainly the intent. And I put forth a lot of effort and very cognizant of that. And that is absolutely the reason I went into the career field. To create opportunities, positive opportunities for kids that maybe I didn't have or that maybe could have them, but maybe they can get additional opportunities or better opportunities. That was a driving factor as to why I wanted to go into it. But as you just said said, looking back on it, you can name very positive coaches. They pop in your mind. They probably popping your mind quicker than say your english or maths teacher does.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: With with a number of memories and how deeply they're seated in the air and your brain and your experiences and your recollection of the things you gained from it. Because you're so involved. When you're an athlete, you're so engaged, it matters so much to you. So those same good lessons that that English teacher can offer. It certainly bring a little louder because you're an athlete. They stick with you a little longer in my experience, But whether they were positive or negative, there's still a lot of stuff that can be beneficial to a kid. I've say back myself of positive impacts like you can that matter a lot, But I can also think back to some negative circumstances that I also learned from that I also won't forget. Both of those things, no matter the type, have given direction to my path and I'm grateful for it.
Speaker 2: You know, Adam, You've always been politically motivated because you're someone who's helped us on multiple campaigns for Chris McDaniel. You're someone who I know, back back at twenty years ago when we first met, would sit down and have political conversations with me. How important is it to pass along or to explain what it means to be a conservative, especially when you've got all these outside forces that are trying to tell the youth that conservatism is something that is not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it is significant. The reason I am so engaged and intrigued to show interest in politics, and I have for a long time, as you just stated, is not necessarily because it is politics, but it is because I am a patriotic person by nature. I have a son of principles and ideals and beliefs, and those ideals and beliefs are upheld more so by one side than the other. So not for the sake of lobbying for this party or that party or this canad or that candidate, necessarily, not for that per se, but more so to stand up for my principles and the fabric of my country that I loved, that I swore notes to Pertatie's constitution. That is what truly matters to me. And it just so happens that politically speaking, one side tends to satisfy those internal demands I have that satisfy my expectations, and that's acide that I align with. So it is those things are the reason that politics is interesting to me, and they are. It is interesting, but not for the sake of seeing who could collect the most folks, but who's gonna who's gonna stand for the same principles high standings.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and that takes time to get to vet candidates. Uh, Because again, for for some of us that it gets harder as we get older, because we become more jaded, we don't believe in the system the way that we may have when we were younger, and our trust of politicians has worn dangerously.
Speaker 3: Then yes, that's correct. Uh. Fortunately, though one of the courses I teach in the K twelve seting currently is American government. We spend a fair amount of time of the Constitution, and I do allow for diverse thoughts. I certainly allow for that in the lectures, and I'm a fan of the Socratic method too, and I allow feedback students, and I don't think that everything I think is the only correct way necessarily, I certainly have ears to hear opposing opinions. However, it is a platform where I can teach the abcs of the government, its functions, how it works, and not necessarily a lobby for my principles. I do try to remain as neutral as I can, but my lessons are guided by those same principles. So it's a good platform by which I can appropriately make the case that the way things can sometimes be a little too far to the office side of my principles may not be correct. Let's consider the alternatives here and lay them.
Speaker 2: Out absolutely, And I think that's an important thing because no matter how deep rooted we are in our political philosophy, it's always important to know what the other side things and believes. It's not because you think you're going to be swayed by what they believe, but if you're going to have a counter argument to it, you have to know their side and their positions, or else, how do you make an argument that they're wrong or that their positions aren't going to lead us to the prosperity that we're hoping for unless you actually know them.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely correct, and you have to respect the diverse of the opposite opinion enough to actually ask the question first, hear them out, and explain your side, and if both heads are leveled. Take Charlie Kirk for example, Okay, you say this, he did such a fantastic job for the conservative movement. But what he was really really good at, one of the very many things he was phenomenal at, was he would allow he would ask the question, then he would in his segment prove me wrong, very famous segment, and then he would allow them to say whatever they wanted to, and that he would give his sight of it any retort he would have for rebuttal and typically those people who are lobbying against it. It seemed to me in many cases, if not most, they were lobbying because it's what they have heard, is what they have been indoctrinated with. It wasn't necessarily what they believe. Frankly, they didn't have a belief system at all. They were doing a making a very trendy argument, which is fine. People were entitled to make trendy arguments. They're entitled to have opinions opposite of mine. But if both sides can play on a level field, you state why you think what you think, and I state why I think what I think in neither and both of us be willing to concede if warranted. It is my opinion that the conservative way of doing things more often than that, we'll come out on top as being more logical, more foundational. Well, conservatives safer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're one hundred percent accurate. The conservative point of view is the more logical the too. A lot of liberalism is pure emotion and reaction, and we've seen a lot of times, especially those of us who have lived our own experiences, when we make choices based more on emotion. That's when we typically get ourselves in trouble, and that's that's always been a large portion of my issue when it comes to liberal ideas, because they sound good when they're trying to sell you. It's stuff like who doesn't want to feed the world. But then when you start asking questions like how are we going to pay for it, how are we going to do this, what do we do here, what do we do there, you start to understand that logically it's it's not going to work out. Plus, being somebody that's for a smaller government, a government that is not controlling, you can't side on the side of a group that's trying to say that we need to expand government to take care of folks. Because there was a time at them back in the day when the churches stepped up to help these people in need. Now it seems like everybody's just waiting for Uncle Sam to come and start giving them a handout. It's not the same as it was when I was younger. I dare say when you were younger, because and I'm not saying churches aren't involved, but they're not involved at the level that they were when I was younger.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. A couple of responses here off of what you just said, if I may, in the Charlie Kirk debates, that we were just reverencing and you just use a buzzword. I believe it was three times as you were explaining all that, which I agree with all of it. But logical was the words you used when you compare that to some of these debates, and that both people are on even ground and there's a legitimate conversation on both sides willing to concede the conservatives and usually end up on top because their arguments are more logical, is my opinion. I still I still hold hold to that. I still believe that to be true. However, you do see debates on television and elsewhere out in the community, one on one with personally yourself on occasion when you're getting into such a debate and both sides aren't that way, and it's just a spewing of what they've heard or what they've been indoctrinated with or whatever. It's trendy. As I just stated, okay, there's no logic there, and you cannot speak logic to the illological. Uh if if if someone is not willing to think logically. The logical argument will not win. That that is something that I that I have noticed. But yes, I agree that the churches, uh dating back some time ago, had had a really big role and they were very, very involved. And one could argue that the church community is probably not as involved. But playing devil's advocate here, one might also argue that churches are equally as involved as they always has been per capital by percentage, but they're being overtaken by a larger percentage of people who are no longer engaged in the church.
Speaker 2: And that's fair. That's a fair point, you know. And I think part of the reason because we've seen a really a religion of government swoop in because they're even though they don't look at government as a deity or something, they still look to government to fix their problems instead of a savior. Or they are looking at a savior. The savior is whatever politician they hope to elect.
Speaker 3: Yes case endpoint. To support what you just say, years ago people would expect or look to or hope that a church community would be there in time of need. Is what the trend has been, it seems over the number of years decades is a trend away from church by government, where government can now be the big helping hand and it's become so commonplace. And the people that are being helped it does not matter whether from a church or a nonprofit organization or a government. Their issue is they need the help. Perhaps, so does it really matter to whom. However, they are going to acknowledge who it is that is trying to help them, and they just want the help, and they are willing to surrender in pockets anyway, in my opinion, they are willing to surrender those freedoms for that help. Because the bigger the government can become, the more helpful it can be to someone. Sure, the bigger the government becomes, the more power it has. Thus, the less freedom that is being helped have to help themselves is a cyclical, it's a spiral, and it's not trending in a positive direction in the case of freedom.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And before we get into talking about your book, you brought up Charlie Kirk, you know, and rest his soul. I mean, he died doing the very thing that he loved, and he died for freedom of speech. Unfortunately, because the person that shot him obviously wanted his voice silenced. And it's insane to me that we live in a time where one side that preaches tolerance but is the most untolerant group imaginable, and that's the modern American Liberal, because they're the ones, several of them, that celebrated the assassination of Charlie Kirk. Now I have to ask you, Adam, you know where were you when you got the news that Charlie Kirk had been shot and let alone that he had lost his life, and what was your initial thoughts when you heard.
Speaker 3: I can tell you precisely where I was and exactly what I was doing, because there have been just a handful of incidences or occurrences in my lifetime, or I can do that so in my head, I suppose I've never really thought of it this way, but his assassination was one of the biggest moments in my lifetime because there are a lot of big, important things that happened. I can't remember where I was or anything like that, but I remember where I was with Katrina may Lampond. I remember what I was doing. I remember, even though I was much younger in life, exactly where I was sitting, the desk I was sitting in when nine to eleven occurred, when the first tower got struggled. I can tell you that specifically fast forward to that an event not directly related with me. I can recall no such situation where I can tell you exactly where I was, what I was doing until Charlie Kirk situation assassination. I was in the third base dugout at the school that I currently work out, trying to repair a wall, and the assistant coach approached me that says, you're not gonna believe this, and he told me the news, and he's correct. I didn't believe it. It was that evening I confirmed that it was in fact true.
Speaker 2: I was right there with because I got a text from somebody and it showed video. Now the video wasn't the graphic one we'd get later, and my first thought was is this real or is this AI? Because you, sadly, with all the AI videos were getting, we have to question that. And then the close up able that I hope most people didn't have to see. I saw it, and of course that one was the graphic one, and that was also the video where you realized Charlie probably wasn't gonna make it.
Speaker 3: When I saw the same thing not long after, I learned of the news and I did not know exactly what I was about to see, but he said, you're not gonna believe it, and he was correct. I didn't believe it. And then not long after that, he said, no, it really happened. To look, and he handed me his phone and I looked. I didn't know exactly what I was gonna see. Maybe it was an article, maybe it was a report from Fox News, but it was the video footage. And when I saw the video footage, my heart sank a little bit. I was disturbed a little bit, but I was also in denial a little bit, hoping that it was Ai. Not because it was Charlie Kirk, but because of the tragedy of the event, it could have been someone that was not a mainstream celebrity. That is a terrible thing to witness, but also my immediate thought right after that, hoping it was a I parshally in denial. Was it If that is indeed legitimate video footage that I just witnessed, it was my dolt. I'm not a medical doctor. It was my thault that he was not going to make it, judged by the wound that I saw and the immediate reaction of the wounds. Yeah, it did not look promising if it were indeed truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but of course as a Christian you believe in miracles, and that's why until you got the the unfortunate news, you had faith that he might pull through.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's that's the magic I think of our faith that people don't think about that we can see some of the most unimaginable things and hopeless things, but still understand that if God's will is to counteract that we can we can still see a surprise at the end. And that brings me to your new book, which is Faithful Leadership Lessons of How and Why to Lead as a Christian.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know.
Speaker 2: So faith Faith obviously just from the title right there is extremely important to you.
Speaker 3: It is it is to me as well. I went with that title. It's a pretty genaric title, but I wanted I had a couple of titles in mind, but I went with that title because, uh, faithful. The word faith is very significant to me. To me, Uh, you have different categories. I suppose people who profess to be a Christian, or that believes they are a Christian, or that are a Christian uh and some people UH times might assume that the fact that they go to church makes them right with God. Some people have religion, but maybe they're lacking in the faith department. The two things are in the same family, but they're not the same thing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, and Adam, tell me, tell me what drove you to because again, I've known you for a long time. I've never once until you sent me the link to your book, never once heard you even talk about considering trying to write a book. What inspired you to write this book?
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't know that about me, because it never has been my attention to write one. And I do not have any intentions of being an author by a profession. I believe that I have been blessed with a job, a career thus far that has given me a platform to a positive change, and I work hard at that every day. So this is not a replacement of that however several years ago. Now I'm one of those people I just described. I've always been an air quotes here Christian right. I grew up in the church. I am a believer, I am saved by God's grace, but like everyone else, I'm also a sinner. I'm falling. I am. My flesh overcomes me more so than my faith more times, and that's something I will work on until I die. As long as God gives me a gift of life, I'll continue to work on that. I do not believe that I could ever be perfect, nor do I believe in anyone else can be. I believe in one example of perfection, and he left a model for us to follow. Us our job to through his will and for the purposes of advancing His kingdom, which is the reason for this life and all the gifts we have in it, and everything in this life is a gift, even if it's at first, but we are to use those gifts to advance His kingdom. The book tells us that we were making it for his purpose, not ours. So several years ago, though I'd always been a Christian and still I am a Christian, I begin to mature in my faith, if I can say it that way now. I believe that people naturally mature with age and experience, and as you grow older, you become a little less childish, a little more mature. And I'm certain that my maturity over time, I'm still maturity. I hope what is attributed to natural maturity, sure, but my faith maturity has gained some ground too, and there's a lot more ground to gain. But in that process several years back, I started to understand what gifts are and what opportunities are, and I realized that everything in this life is a gift. And I am a very educated person. I do not profess to be a theologian, a Rhodes scholar of any sword. There were many classes I struggled in, but I was able to stay the course and accumulate the number of degrees, ultimately earning a terminal one some years ago. So I saw those things as gifts, not just to put me in my civilian career path or military career path for that matter, either, but as gifts of experiences. And with those experiences, with all the classes and courses I had to go through over all the years. Not that I think I'm a wonderful writer, but I did learn to write a little bit. That is a gift. I had, thoughts formed, Those are gifts I was able to study, and I'm begin to study God's word for all the time, and the understanding and the questions I had, all of those things were gifts. So I learned that it was my responsibility to use those gifts, not for me not to get a little pay raise at my job, but to apply all those gifts to advance His kingdom for his purpose. And I avoided it. I avoided. I first had thoughts of writing a book some two or three years back, and I avoided it. And I wrote about this a bit in the book. I hid it from myself and justified it falsely to myself with I'm not a writer, I'm inadequate. Who am I to write? Okay? And then I would justify with, well, I'm really busy. I don't have time, and I do keep very long hours. If I did do it because of my hours, it probably wouldn't be very good. No one would read it. All these false things. That's how I justified not doing it. I procrastinated a kid for I ran from it. And then one day I realized that those thoughts can come from one of two origins, two points of origins, one is God and one is the enemy. And those thoughts were certainly we're not from God. And I begin to think I really should do this, I need to make a point to do it. Yet I still ran and then there was a series of events throughout my life, which which are detailed in the book, and I won't disclose all of them here this evening, but there's a series of events that explained that the answer to that very question that led me to a situation where I, all of a sudden had plenty of time to do what he intended me to do, what I was supposed to be doing. I can draw from all the experience that He had allowed me to have heading up to that point, I could use those gifts. I had time to use those gifts. All of a sudden, I had other experiences that created the time that I now had to use those gifts, and I could draw from those experiences and what I took from them scripturally, what lessons I learned, Biblical lessons I learned from those experiences. And that's tell those stories so that other people can learn what I had learned, and perhaps do so in a fashion that I did not, do so in a fashion where they don't have to endure what I endured. And those things are in the book. So, all of a sudden I found myself where I didn't really care about credibility. I have plenty of time and whether it was convenient or inconvenient, I was going to do what I believe I was supposed to do. I believe that all the events in the book led me to this book. This book was the reason they happened. Not because the book's great, but because the messages in this book, if they find their hands to one person who can gain impact from that, and a ceed be planted and they can move to Christ, it has served as purpose, even for only one person. I believe everything leading up to this point in my life, whether there was education, learning how to write a little bit, negative experience, I went through, positive experiences I learned from were all for a purpose, and the purpose was to advance His kingdom. And this was my way to use my gifts that He gave me to advances kingdom to fulfill that purpose.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And of course, if I counted correctly, and you can tell me if I didn't, you had. You have nine chapters in this book.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's correct.
Speaker 2: You start off with the gift of leadership. Tell us a little bit about what people can expect in that first chapter.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure, the first three or four chapter percent a book are gonna be a bit short. There is some brevity there. They are fairly clinical and might seem a little dry, but this is not a how to book, and as a book on poles, it starts to get into some personal stories and the lessons I took from them, but I had to send the table to bring the correct impact for the personal stories later. So I went over some concepts in the first couple of chapters, the first one being primarily about defining what leadership is and the one of the big take there. There is a personal story in there too that happened between a player and I some years ago. Uh and it's there was a moral to be to be learned there, and it was around the eerly burguson worm story, the old adage that everybody probably knows and about it. It's about perception. So the moral of the eerly Burgus worm, I asked the player one time, so went about the early bird getting the worm. I was talking to him about leadership, and he was a leader on the team. He did not necessarily want to be the leader because he as actually was a couple of players over time that I could bind into one character. He but it was the same story. He was just wanting to be one of the guys. He was one of our better players. He had a natural following. Everybody did as he did. But he just wanted to play. And there's nothing wrong with that. But I pointed out to him one day that we need to work on his leadership skills as coach. I don't want to be the team captain because to him, team captain is a title that would incur more responsibility. It would take away from his ability to just play the game. The game he played so well, and that's what he wanted to do. And I wanted to play the game well too. Frankly, we were better if he did. But I trusted him to be a leader, and he didn't really trust himself, or he didn't want to be bothered with responsibility for probably a litany of reasons. So he was in denial about that. And I asked him if he had ever heard the early bird getting the Worm story. He said he had. I asked him to explain what he meant what it meant. He said something to the effect of go and rise a day, get to the ball park early a conquer the day, reap its rewards. I said, yep, well, there is an assumption in your understanding of that moral. I said, that moral is probably correct. I said, but there's always two sides to every coin. I said, things in life are a matter of perception. They looked at me with a confused look about him. He said, what are you talking about? What is that story has to do with me being a leader? I said, what if you're the worm, the early worm gets eaten, Maybe the early bird gets the worm. The moral is not that you're the bird. You assume you're the bird. And who are you to dictate which you are the bird or the worm? Sometimes we can't. We're not in a position to accept our gifts. You have a gift to naturally lead. You don't get to choose whether you're the bird or the worm. The reason you are the leader, whether you realize it or not, whether you want to be or not, because whatever you do, whatever demeanor you have, how you carry up, how you carry yourself in a practice or a game, you have a following. Whether you wanted to follow you or not, Whether you realize or follow you or not is irrelevant. You can't always pick which one you are, So alter your perspective here a little bit. Acknowledge you have a following. He did and he embraced that, and we have one of the better seasons across my entire coaching career that season because they were going to follow him. And that's the scary thing about leadership. That's the underlying point of that chapter. The scary thing about leadership is you're following your masses are going to follow someone. If that's someone is a toxic leader, a negative leader, not very good, apathetic, selfish, any of those negative things, the team will surely follow. But if he is made aware that he has a following and he cares about his teammates, then he will try to fulfill that role. Well. He will try to even if just having a bad day at school or he's not feeling well, He's going to do the things necessary to make himself a bitter ballplayer. Everybody else is gonna follow suit. So that's the nuts and bolts of chapter one, and that kind of set the table to open up the book, just addressing the concept of leadership and talking about the scary side and the risk of who the leader might be.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and you pretty much go through a lot of that in the first three chapters, because the second chapter is lead Yourself, and then the next chapter after that is build your leadership structure. So you take pretty much those first three chapters to talk about not just you know, being a leader, but how to develop yourself as a leader.
Speaker 3: Correct that, that's correct, that that is the foundational theme, just to begin the book before we get into the personal stories. That was intended to give them as as much impact as they can once they got there. So that was me laying the foundation. Now Chapter two and chapter three are a little different in their own right, obviously, or they would have been loved in there with chapter one. But in chapter two, lead Yourself, there's an example of an airline stewardess and all the safety devices, and I'll let I'll let readers who feel like reading it read the story and get the examples. And so for the sake of brevity, I make the point in chapter two that you cannot give someone something you do not first have. So before you can lead anyone to Christ, you yourself must first must first have Christ. You must know who Christ is. You must be engaged with him, you must have a relationship with Him before you can consistently and effectively lead to others to Him. Just like on flight, you got to put your ostia mask on first before you render aid to anyone else in need. If you don't and you pass out and low oustin, you're useless. You cannot give someone something that you don't first have. That's the point of chapter two. Chapter three. The underlying point goes into surrounding yourself with leadership structure. And I use biblicals exactly in every chapter of multiple in every chapter. But one I used here was Jesus assembling his leadership structure, and that serves as a model for us that sometimes I address it. Sometimes it makes sense for us to hire our second in command or our lieutenants first, and then we go seek the subordinate leaders of the lower tier leaders that will help us move an organization forward. Whether it's a company, a congregation, a high school baseball team, it doesn't matter, is irrelevant, or whether it was the disciples. Jesus did not do it that way. He first assembled the twelve, and from the twelve organically he allowed them three of them the cream to rise, so to speak, and three of those became as close as confidence. So I go into that a little bit in chapter three, and I also put a non biblical example in there of the football dynasty of University of Alabama. Now, I myself and not necessarily an Alabama fan, but I respect what I Bama's football has been for the past couple of decades and the job that Coach Saban had done. He surrounded himself with the appropriate personnel, and those appropriate very good at what they did. Assistant coaches and coordinators would leave there was a caresel. It's not because things were bad, but they were so good while working under Coach Saban and Alabama that it created other opportunities for them. He was a good football coach, one might argue, in my opinion, one might argue one of the greatest of all times, an argument worth happing, certainly. But was Alabama such a good football team because he was a good football coach? Or was it because he was so well versed and surrounding himself with the correct type of people, with building the leadership structure which one made the football team year in and year out consistently and good. So that's the point of chapter three.
Speaker 2: Your next chapter, you get into the non negotiables, you know, tell us a little bit and I don't Again, I don't want you to give away the book because we want people to buy it, but tell us a little bit about what the non negotiables are and what they mean in order for you to develop yourself into this type of leader.
Speaker 3: Okay, so non negotiables. The punchlines of that chapter is that if you are a person of principles, your principles, and you are a Christian, your principles are likely derived from your faith. Okay, you are a person of faith and you are a person that has principles, that's probably where they came from. And throughout the Bible there's a lot of biblical examples there where people were challenged, whether it was Rahab or Daniel, to obey the law of the land, or their president or their governor, or their balls at work, whatever the case may be, in such a way that would vile their principal and sincerely held religious beliefs, their faith. Okay. So the Bible tells us through some examples throughout that chapter that there are certain things that should be non negotiable, and those things are based on principle, which is based on faith. God's will is non negotiable. All other things can be negotiated, but not that. So that actually tells a personal story that is centered and I won't give it away, but it's centered around my time in the military and the mandate for the COVID nineteen vaccination. But that is one of the big stories in that chapter that I experienced personally and I made a decision and it turned out in a certain way, and all that people read about that they care too. But no matter how the decision, no matter which decision I made, and no matter how it did turn out, there were valuable lessons that I took from it. I wrote about all those lessons because it's not the story of the COVID vaccine, military mandate or what side of the fence I stood on. That that's not the point of the book, none of the stories of the point. The book is not a storybook to tell you about my life. I just use some examples of life experience that I had to drive a bigger, more important point. And those are the points that I believe that I am supposed to demonstrate to others. I'm supposed to point out to others that will advance God's kingdom. So what I took from them spiritually, I wrote.
Speaker 2: About absolutely, you know, And I think that personal experiences the best writers you know, and since I've gotten back into writing, as I've changed careers into journalism, the best columns that myself or any of my co workers that I've read that I've written usually come from a personal experience. They just seem to be more engaging. Maybe it's because we care a little bit more when we're sharing our own personal account. I don't know what it is, but it seems like whether it's myself, Jim Sigelski, Josh Gurray Nichols, Kevin Lindsey, whichever one of us is writing the column, the ones that dive a little bit into that personal story just they seem to hit a little bit harder. So I think that that's you're on the right track. It's not a vanity thing like some might would crink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you whole heartily. It goes back to our very beginning of this conversation about the difference and the impact a teacher getting wield and a coach. If you're an athlete, you have more skin of the game. It matters personally to you how well you perform, perhaps not saying is right or wrong, perhaps more so than how well you do on a daily assignment. It matters to it sticks with you longer. So yes, those personal experiences they cut deeper sometimes or they're more rewarding at times. But no matter positive or negative, the more personal, the more engaged you are. That's human nature.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Your next chapter you get into you are what you constantly do, which, without without having read the chapter, that speaks to me because that's one hundredercent accurate that if you're constantly doing negative things, it's going to lead you down a negative path. By the opposite point, if you're constantly doing positive things, it's going to lead you towards a positive path. And I think that that's that's an important message to tell me a little bit about this chapter.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's a number of little stories and there too illustrates this point. But the point b you are what you consistently do. An example that I did give throughout the chapter was that if a studio who fails a tiss it's called a failure. That wouldn't necessarily be true because that student failed a single test. There could be a number of reasons why that occurred. Maybe they were unprepared, maybe it was a pop quiz, maybe they didn't study, maybe their house burned down, the night before. Maybe they are issues within the home, maybe something else more important to that test that's said on that given day. But you could be an otherwise good student and fell a test. Just because you failed something doesn't make you a failure. It does not. Baseball, if you're a guy that gets to play a role off the bench and you've had I don't know ten abs and you've only been able to manage one base hit, does that the fact that you got a hit make you a hitter. It does not. It means you got a number of abs and you got a base hit. So there are occurrences in life that cannot define us. People will make mistakes, but if you consistently make the same mistake, then you're beginning to define yourself. If you consistently show up late to word call in sick and you're really not sick, leave early, are low performing it word, then over a period of time you could incur the title of being lazy, and that will be accurate description. But just because you show up late once on occasion, does it mean you're lazy? No, it does not. There could be a number of variables there, and there's a parallel to the spiritual side of that too. If you go to church on occasion, does it make you a Christian? You can call yourself that, But what is your faith like? Not your religion? I bring that into question. If you are actively seeking and engaging God, but you only do it occasionally, does it mean you have a wonderful relationship with Him? Not necessarily. But if you do it consistently behave like a child of his, then you you are his child. That is the overall point of that chapter.
Speaker 2: Next next chapter is titled those you are? Explain that one to us? Whose you are? I'm sorry I looked at it wrong.
Speaker 3: Whose you are? Yeah? Okay, So people spend a lot of time and I was certainly guilty of this and still am to a large degree, trying to establish myself as who I am. I'm this guy, I have a nice car, I'm very materialistic. I'm gonna work because I believe that that gives me value. Okay. The point of that chapter is it really doesn't matter who you are. It only matters whose you are. That's the underlying point I believe that chapter points out, and there's a lot of people examples there, that all other things are folly. This life is temporary, everything in it must be temporary. We assume that winning a state championship in baseball is the ultimate prize, and it is because this is the terminal thing that you can do in a season. I get that. I'm not taking away from that at all. If you're a high school baseball coach like myself, that is what you're striving for. If you're just showing up to have fun or win some games or win as many as you can, you're not striving hard enough. You're not doing what I believe you should be doing. You should be trying to reach and win the state championship. But everything in this life is is not the ultimate reward. Now, we assume that that's the ultimate reward because to do that you have to put in so much work, as so much time and develop your skills. You pay a very high price to do that, and we associate price with value. We assume that one hundred thousand dollars car is more valuable as a motor transportation than a twenty thousand dollars car. It may cost more money, have more monetary value, but what is its objective from point A to point B? So is it really more valuable as a temporary commodity. There is no commodity on this side of death that outweighs eternity. So who you are, what you have, the price you will want to pay to achieve something is irrelevant. It's reckless. We should invest more time in whose we are. That should be our primary concern.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well said, and again I'm sure it's even better explained in the actual book too. Your next chapter, feed his Sheep, So that one just from a title of a chapter that you know that can go multiple directions, tell us, tell us what that chapter is. So that way are our listeners who are curious about the book get another teaser of another chapter.
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, it actually does go a couple of different directions. I open the chair with explaining the shepherd, his job and his tool of the trade, the iconic the symbolic staff with a hooked end on one end right, and I explained his applications. It could be used to balance them through travel terrain, to so as a weapon to defend off against predators that are trying to maybe take one of the sheep. So it can be used in a very positive light, but it can also be a tool when necessary to do the job in a more uncomfortable way. Case in point, to keep sheep in line and traveling in the correct the region that the shepherd would have him travel. He could take the pointed end and point. He could take the hooked in and save them from a ravine or a crack they have fought into a ravine they otherwise might drown in. He could pull them out of danger. He can poke them and inflict pain to get them to behave obey and follow him. So their symbolism there was with the shepherd being God. Okay, it's our job, and we are the sheep. It's our job to follow God. But I then pivot and go a different direction. And there's a lot more detail to it in the boot, and I'll leave that to the readers, but it ultimately pivots and I point out who the sheep are. Jesus in the Bible said three times feed my sheep. In a single conversation, a question, an answer, and then Jesus said, in response to the answer to his question, feed my sheep. Asked another question, asked the question if you ask the second question, got a second answer, then gave a second command, feed my sheep. That happened three times, and it was due. You love me, was the question. The answer was, Lord, you know I love you. He said, we'll feed my sheep. In other words, if you love me, feed my sheep, lead my flock, tend my flock. The shepherds job is to lead the sheep. It's the job of the sheep to follow. But it's also in leading the sheep, protecting the sheep, feeding the sheep, giving the sheep everything they actually do need. And that is the safety of Christ as mortals, as shepherds ourselves. Each of us could be a shepherd, and each of us are a sheep. I do make that point. But notice when Jesus get the command to feed my sheep. This is one of the points I make of the chapter. There was no argument from the mortal shepherd. Wait a minute, these are my sheep. No, no, no, it was yes, yes, yes, God. There was no argument, even though he was a shepherd, even though he was in their charge. Say it, say the shepherd's a high school baseball coach and the players of the sheep, well, that's his team, right, the coaches team to a degree, yes, But it's much bigger than that. There's an internal factor here. They're not really that coach of sheep, So perhaps he should invest some time in doing what matters eternally and feed his sheep. They're not just baseball players, they're children of God.
Speaker 2: Your next chapter is use your hook again. That's another one that when you read it you're like, Okay, where are we going here? So give us kind of an overview of this chapter.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the previous chapter I illustrated about the staff, the shepherd's staff, and the hooked in the next chapter goes a little bit more in detail into the applications of your tool, that example, the shepherd's staff. The book is a book on leadership based leadership. So you've got to figure out as a leader what your hook is. Now, it's easy. I gave an example as a high school baseball coach. Is easy. The game itself can be your hook. Okay, you can use it for positive reinforcement, neative reinforcement. Case in point, if you have an issue you have to deal with the coach. Will's authority like the shepherd to use his hook the game, and he could ben you a player to get the proper response out of the player. He could give a player a non start. He can put punitive running before the player, and the player will comply because ultimately, what the player really wants, no matter what the issue was, is to play ball. Otherwise he wouldn't be a baseball player. Otherwise he wouldn't put for so much energy, effort in time. That's what he truly wants. And the coaches and as that authority, he can use his hook as a shepherd would use a staff. So if you're leading a company, their incentives you can use on the company level that you can use to affect change. Now that was an example from baseball, but we as Christians, there are many things in our lives, these gifts that God has given us that we can leverage to advance His kingdom. And that's ultimately the hook.
Speaker 2: I'm referring to your last chapter, the humility of His will not yours.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 2: I think you can you can kind of get a feel for where you're going with that one from the title. So give us give us your final overview of this final chapter.
Speaker 3: Yes, so, humility is a hard lesson to learn, and I gave a true story of an experience that I had in which I learned that. And there's this I don't go into too much detail on to that story itself, because the book is not about that story. It's not about anything that happened. But I had to tell the story so that I can make the larger point. God's servants are to be humble, and you will be humble if you're one of his children. And there's a variety of ways you can learn that. It could be hard sometimes, but it's required, it's necessary, Okay. So it is wise to humble yourself before God and authentically and sincerely seek his will. Try to discern what that is, and try to advance his kingdom, because if you're a sheep astray, he has ways of humbling you and bringing you back into the fold. That's a very dense chapter, and the everything in the book leads to that chapter. So I don't want to speak on too much detail of that chapter.
Speaker 2: You want to get to the chapter. You want him to build to the the climax as it will, I get it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, how hard was it, Adam to to find a publisher? You know, after after you go through everything, you get this written, how hard was it to find a publisher? And tell us about the Christian Faith publishing company that you you got to publish the book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that kind of goes back to, uh, taking a leap of faith and something I was avoid in doing, and all the lies I told myself to avoid doing it ultimately led to trying to write this book, putting forth my best effort, and that kind of rolls into I'm going to find out this is God's will or not, you know. So I put forth a lot of time and effort, and I wrote a manuscript, and I sought the advice of my pastor actually who's written a number of books and his experience with how that goes. But I am no theologian. The first two sentences in the book is I am no saint. I am a sinner. Got that right out of the way. I am not a man of cloth, so to speak. I do not have a degree in theology. I was fearful, and this is one of the lies I told myself. I don't want to say anything that's biblically incorrect. I was fearful of doing that. I sincerely was. So I looped him, my pastor, and asked him those questions about how can I put this out for a polishing company to consider it? And he kind of told me how it wins, and I didn't reach out to him initially for that purpose. I reached out to him to ensure that everything I was writing was doctrinally accurate, because I do not even inadvertally want to mislead anybody. So he came back to me said that it was sound. In fact, he even wrote the forward for the book, and for that I am very grateful. I do not name any of the characters in the book in my personal stories, not one, because I don't want the book to be about those stories, or those characters, or even myself. But the stories were necessary to drive home the bigger point, and I wanted to make sure that spirit and scripturally all was accurate and not miss league anyone. I looped him in and he was able to give me some pointers of what step I need to do next if it's going to be considered, and sure enough, I went online. I put it out there, followed his destructions. Long story short, and the first company that came back to me almost immediately was Christian Faith Publishing. They were excited to publish it, and I was excited to partner with them, So I'm grateful for that. Yet another blessing from God.
Speaker 2: Where can my listeners want to pick up a copy of this book? Tell them the different places that they can purchase a copy.
Speaker 3: Okay, it can be picked up on Christian Faith Publishing dot com as the polishing company that has the rights to it, of course, but also it's available with Barnes and Noble. There are some Bricking Motor stores that will be carrying it now. It was recently published though, so I'm not sure what the row outdates on that would be in the Brick and Moor stores. But it is available with Barnesannoble dot com. It's available on Amazon dot com. It's available on Google Play and a variety of other sources online.
Speaker 2: It's available on Apple as well, because I saw that early today. So, yeah, you've gotten an iPhone and you've got the Apple store right there, it's really easy for you to go and grab it. If you've got a Google based phone, as he said, you can go grab it from there. So is there an audiobook version or has that been discussed in the future.
Speaker 3: There have been discussions about it, but at this time though, sir, the book is available in two formats. It's available on ebook and it's only nine ninety nine on e book, so you can get that right there on your device, or you can actually get the physical paperback copy, and that's fourteen ninety five, I believe is a asking price on all the retailers online right now. And the book is a it's a thin book, but it's a deep book, if I can say it that way, in a number of ways. But it is what I would say, a quick read. I would encourage anybody who's thinking about reading it though it's a thin book one hundred pages or less. Yeah, it's a quick read, but don't rush through it, don't rifle through it. It was written for a purpose. Give yourself a little time. It's not going to take long if you're interested reading it. It's a thin book, but don't miss the depth For the lack of thickness. There's a lot of good stuff in there that can be a ceed being planned, which is the purpose of the book for someone out there, Or it could be maybe someone who has who can experience a little more growth in their faith in what they currently have, or maybe they're struggling with something, or maybe they're going through something very similar to one of the many stories in those pages, and they can have a reference points and they can see where I found the answers, that I found the direction with the Bible through God's word itself. All those things are pointed out as a roadmap.
Speaker 2: This sounds like the intent behind the book is not to be a one and done read. This is a book that you're hoping that people can once they've read through it, they can go back to. Like you said, if they have an experience similar to one of the ones you write about about, they'll be able to go back in the book and read how you dealt with it and maybe find some guidance. So this is not intended to be a one and done book.
Speaker 3: Correct, correct, This book is not intended for entertainment. This book is intended as a reference point to help help not being me or my opinions. But where I found it, how I handle the situation is a word you just used. Yes, sure that's in there, but how I mishandled situations is in there too, And no matter if positive or negative, there are things that I gained from it scripturally, that I learned from that that I got to experience growth in and perhaps other people can experience that same growth. At the end, at the end of the day. It was written strictly to advance God's kingdom, to help people in their plight, to strengthen people, even if they're in a good situation right now. But yeah, it's it's it's intended to be something of a reference, not intended to be entertaining necessarily, though there are parts of it that I would argue are quite entertaining. This is a book politics. We talked about politics earlier. Okay, Everything political is on pendulum, and some years we we swing very conservative as a nation, and some years we swing back towards being more liberal. But we tend to operate somewhere in the middle. Your spiritual life is the same way. There are times when one might feel or at least within me. I know there are seasons in life where I feel very close to God. I'm engaged, I'm connected, and there are other seasons where I am drifting away from Him. Not because I'm necessarily misbehaving, I'm just not as connected. The pendulum will continue to swing, and I challenge anyone that if you buy this book and you read it, put it, put it away for a while, and when as that pendulum swings, when you're feeling very close to God. Go through it again. See if you don't experience a little more gross, a little more connectivity, and you're in. You're in. You're a good season of life. Or put it down and when that pendulum swings the opposite direction and you're going through some struggles and adversities, go through the book again and see what there is to gain from that side of the coin. Because just like the Early Bird and the Worm story of the book, everything is a matter of perspective, and there's always more way to learn the same lesson more than one way.
Speaker 2: Adam, do you think that the country needs a spiritual revival, because I know I do, and I've talked about it multiple times that a lot of this division that we see, we can maybe find something better if this nation, at its core went back to Christ.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. The Bible is pretty clear about this. He is the beginning and the end. The nation, like our lives, is temporary. At some point, this will all be over. God is going to return, He's going to come back. All nations will fall. So yeah, it's temporary. So why waste our time on temporary things when we as a nation should be more focused on eternal things. Like Christ, like a saving relationship with the Messiah. Focus on the Son of Man and all these temporary things, it is my opinion, will take care of themselves. I've never seen a family broken up while praying at the altar. I've never seen someone murdered while praying at the altar, nor have I heard of it. Yes, evil exists, Yes, things that sure could happen, but if they do, that's God's will. Figure out. We need to spend more time figuring out what his will is, what is intent is, and what things can we do on an individual level, as at a small community level, at a national and even a global level. What things should we be doing to try to understand with our limited capabilities, what exactly is this will? What should I do? What is it that you require of me God, and pursue it. Yeah, just like back to government, we're entitled to these enabled rights, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You're not entitled to happiness, You're not entitled necessarily understand this will, but you're entitled to pursue it. And I believe that if we do, we focus on the bigger things, the eternal, eternal things, than these moral temporary things will fall into place.
Speaker 2: I really do, absolutely, And to your point at a definitely not saying don't pay attention to politics, because he himself understands how important it is to be engaged in the political process. But all you're saying is is if we're rooted in Christ, even when the bad happens, we're gonna be Okay, Yes.
Speaker 3: Take it revisiting Charlie Kirk a tragedy, and yes I do believe in miracles. And yes I did pray in the wake of that, almost immediately after, as soon as I learned that it was in fact true, I did go to the Lord in prayer in private automatically. I did not pray for a miracle, though I do believe in miracles. But I also believe that God's will is being done. If it is his will that that would be a horrible example that he would miraculously recover from. Then it had a point. If it was his will that Charlie Kirk would be with him in heaven that day, there was a point. Yes, it was a mortal tragedy. Yes it was evil, no question about it. But evil exists. Yes, but God conquers all. He's the only one that has conquered death. The Bible tells us not to worry about things, all these things in the world of temporary their minor, not even to worry about death, because he's meant to the world, He's conquered the world, and he's even conquered death. Let's pay more attention to that. Let's embrace that it is His will be done. Whether we like it or not, just like in my final chapter, whether we understand it or not, whether we think we're deserving of these things or not, completely irrelevant. They're all temporary, but they're all happy for a reason, whether it's Charlie Kirk or the events in my last chapter in my book, there is a reason there. Don't let these things occur and fail to gain the reason, or at least fail to pursue what you can understand from God's reasoning, it's about the pursuit of God's will, just as it is the pursuit of our happiness as Americans. You know, to understand those things ryan and titled to be purely happy, but we're certainly entitled and expected to pursue them.
Speaker 2: You know, you you brought up Charlie Kirk again, and I think that's a perfect example of where a tragedy has sparked something good. Because I'm sure you've read the reports of an uptick in folks searching out Christianity. I'm sure you've read the reports of an uptick of college campuses starting Turning Point USA organizations, high schools starting organization, starting groups with the organization that Charlie founded. So we're seeing a true horrible action lead us towards a positive path. And I think that's that's yeah, I mean, it's it's it's clear that was.
Speaker 3: The reason it happened. To me that if it happened, it happened for a Reason's got a reason and is in control. So if he would allow such a tragedy to happen, albeit tragic, sad, and I wish it didn't happen. I wish, I wish that weren't the event that led to this, But it did happen. Now what is the result? You have his will being done in the aftermath of that, we needed to turn back towards him. We are straying sheep as a nation. And the shepherd will use his staff, sometimes in a loving, carrying, kind, gentle way. Other times he can use it more forcibly and unpleasant ways. Perhaps this was an unpleasant example that led to a redirection of the flock.
Speaker 2: You know, Adam, your you know last question here? You know you're married with three children. Yes, tell me what you hope one day when your kids are old enough to open up this book, what do you hope they find?
Speaker 3: Well? I tried to leave a nice little segment for them in the acknowledgments the book, as well as my wife. And if they open that book and they read it later in life and maybe when I'm gone from this world and onto the next, they will have my opinions on things. They will have my thoughts on things. But they'll also be able to see my belief and my fate and the little lessons I took from it like any other person who might read it. I hope that's something that they can gain from it and benefit from. Certainly, they'll always know what Dad thought, no matter if I'm here or not. But I give them a little direction in the acknowledgments. I thank God for each of them. I tell them that I count myself blessed for having the opportunity to be the husband of my wife and the father of my three children that I've been so blessed with, and I tell them also in the very next sense I believe it is that as long as their mother and I are on this earth, they can always seek us out, whether we're at odds or not. For God, that's help, assistance, whether there's a prodigal son situation or not. We're always going to be here so long as we are here. But the ultimate point is we're not gonna be here forever. We two are temporary, but what is everlasting is God. So sure, there's no problem with seeking us out. But the big point that I want them to take away is we're not the answer. There is an answer, and I'm telling you who it is. Seek him more so than you seek me.
Speaker 2: Amen, brother, Look how old are your kids now?
Speaker 3: My daughter is eleven, my son is eight, and we were blessed with a new born not very long ago. She's about to be seven months old.
Speaker 2: That's probably why I thought you only had two till I read the press release. Congratulations, Adam, I didn't realize y'all had had the third one.
Speaker 3: Here's a little mechanism of faith right here. As I wrote this book, the beginning stages, the publishing process takes months and months and months. It did not take me that long to write the book. But as I was writing it, our third child, Olivia had not yet into this world. We were expecting her on the way, and as a leap of faith, I went on the head and wrote her name in the book, hoping prayerfully that God would allow her to make it here safely and and be healthy. And he certainly did. That was a little bit of a God wink, a little bit of a prayer request written in a publication to God, if you will, uh that let's let's pretty please, it's my prayers you allowed us to continue to happen. Thank you for the blessing thus far. If not, your will is being done. But that was me basically asking, can this the rest of this pregnancy go well? You know, can we have a good birth and everything be okay? Because there wasn't. There was a time in our in our lives where we went through several miscarriages, We had a hard time. We were told weren't gonna have kids, and that was God's will. We both had a lot of learning and growing to do in that in that season, and uh, the maturity thing over time, and in our faith, we both experience that now we have kids, we were blessing that way. God knows better than we know. Maybe we weren't prepared earlier in life, and maybe we're a little more equipped now. But whether we're very well equipped or not well equipped, we know who is equipped and we could point them to him. We're at that place in our lives now, and now that we are, I believe our reward is we're being blessed in this way.
Speaker 2: You know, that's that's a miracle in itself. Being told that you're not going to have kids and then fast forward you've got three kids. That's that's that's a miracle in itself. And it just shows you something right there, Adam, Uh, it does. Of course I look forward to I think we need to have you back on again real soon, and next time I'll get you good and fired up about politics instead. But I really appreciate you coming on tonight and sharing the story behind the book and giving our listeners kind of a preview before they go out and purchase the book. Before I let you go, remind our listeners again where they can buy this book.
Speaker 3: It's available online at Barnes Andnoble dot com. It can be balled on Google Play, Amazon dot com. It's available also through Apple, and I certainly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you today. A big fan of the Right Side Show, I've been listening to it for a long time, as you stated earlier in the conversation, So thank you so much for the opportunity, and to anyone who might be looking for something along these lines in the book, please consider picking it up. I did not write this book for money. I wrote it for the reasons illustrated in the book and discussed a little bit here this evening, And in fact, I don't really make a whole lot of money off of this at all. In fact, I declined making a significant investment that would give me significant exposure through some of these companies, these firms that push books out to all the retailers nationwide and around the globe. I declined that it is my belief. I'm not in it for money. I'm not in it so my name can be out there. It was written with a righteous intent, and I hope that Gods will someone can benefit from it and his kingdom can be advanced. And I don't need to make a lot of money off of that. But if you're willing to buy one, that's great. Do so not to help me out, but do so to maybe help yourself out, or recommend it to someone else after you read it that they could be helped out. And if you think it can be helpful, if it helps you, I would encourage and request that any potential readers who end up reading this book and find it to be as I just described it, I would I would appreciate a grassroots situation. If you like it, posted about it on social media, let people know about it. I am not seeking fame for this at all, and I am not going through a major firm, So if you like it, spread it. I do believe that God's gonna put it in the hands of who needs to have it, but maybe you could be a tool that amplifies that, So consider doing that if you like it absolutely.
Speaker 2: Adam, thank you again for being on the show this week. We look forward to having you back on it here it will.
Speaker 3: Date I look forward to it very much. Thank you for your time, and thank you audience for giving me your attention as well.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, well that was fun catching up with Adam Dice if you want to check out the book again. The name of the book is Faithful Leadership Lessons of How and Why to lead as a Christian. Pick up the book at Amazon dot com, Barnesynobles dot com, Google Store, Apple Store. You can find that book there. Look at him. If you guys, decided that you want to do an audio book, I know somebody with a good voice and his own recording studio. Look, we can talk anyway. Guys, thank y'all so much for listening to the Right Side radio show this week. We'll see you again real soon, and don't forget Sunday at two pm we will be recording live the new episode of Chris McDaniels America, so be sure to check that out as well. Guys, this has been the right on radio show. I'm your host, Jack Fairchilds and thank y'all so much for listening. Check out the podcast Missing Link Jones County. It is a podcast that reveals information gathered by Investigator bad Windom of the Jones County Sheriff Department. These cases will be discussed or based on Wyndham's own investigations and knowledge of each case. So join host Josh Guru Nichols and Jack Fairchilds as they discuss these cases bi weekly with investigator Wendom. This show is brought to you by the Laurel Leader Call and it is on all the major podcatchers such as iTunes, I Heart Radio, Spotify, Spreaker on Music, So like and subscribe to the podcast Today.
Speaker 1: Go for the Green with stay and play packages at the award winning Dancing Rabbit Golf Club. You'll love the comfort and convenience of the newly renovated Dancing Rabbit Inn. Beautiful single or double rooms and suites available, Or bring your group and stay at our elegant clubhouse, room, golf and dine packages starting at one hundred and thirty nine dollars. Book today called eight sixty six four four Pearl or online at Pearl River Resort dot com.
Speaker 3: Escape to Pearl River Resort.
Speaker 2: The Midnight Ride the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniels, America, God and Country, The Right Side Rate Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out The Midnight Ride today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairchild's The Right Side radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative fill then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of mind Pillow, Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own, and I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride no space in between midnight and Ride and remember enter the promo code m I D N I G H t R I D E and save big while getting the best night's sleep you've ever had.
Speaker 1: When you were ready to double down, dive in, try for a show and not look back less, roll into Pearl River Rezori from tea times to table games, water slides by day, slots by night. Savor the flavors, fuel the file, win big Let's roll into Pearl River Resort. Must be twenty one or older to play kambling problem called one eight hundred Kimbler