Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program. Wor's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. This month is Alzheimer's and Brain Health Awareness Month, and everybody wants to prevent Alzheimer's and improve their brain health. And it starts from your language. So what you don't want to say is I want to prevent Alzheimer's. Because when you say the word in the universe, in manifestent to reality, what you say becomes the truth. So instead of saying I want to prevent Alzheimer's, you should say I want to improve my memory. Instead of saying I don't want to get COVID nineteen, you say I want to boost my immune system. Instead of saying I don't want to get diabetes. You say I want to maintain proper glucose levels instead of saying I don't want to have insomnia. You say I want to improve my sleep. You don't want to say, oh, I don't want to get weak. You say I want to get stronger. The words you use are everything. So start saying I want to improve my memory. I want to improve my vision. I want to improve my posture. But if you say, uh, I can't read this. My eyes are getting bad, I guess it's just old age. Yep, your eyes are gonna get bad. But if you say I want to improve my vision, I'm gonna do eye exercise and strengthen them. I'm gonna make sure I get my Vitamin D and make sure the sunlight touches the back my retina through my pupil. So I'm not gonna wear glasses or contact lenses or sunglasses to block the sun from entering my eye. I'm gonna get brock string exercises. You know, if you have that attitude I'm gonna improve my vision, then your vision will improve again. Don't say I don't want to get Alzheimer's. Say I'm gonna prove my memory. I'm gonna learn new things. I'm going to play new games. I'm going to challenge myself. I'm gonna do memory exercises so you you know, you improve your brain functions. Say I'm gonna exercise my brain. We're gonna get more blood flow, more oxygen, more monochondrien more nad more atp all the stuff that your brain needs. Right, And it's that dopamine, that serotonin, those endorphins, that oxytocin, that neure epidephyrine. We need these neurotransmitters. They help us function at higher levels. So it starts with your language. I don't want to prove my memory. I want to improve my vision. I want to improve my posture. I want to get stronger. I wanna get more energy. I want to get good, better sleep. Stop saying, ah, I gotta get rid of this pain, gotta get rid of my headaches, gotta wear my glasses because I'm getting older. My vision. I oh, I'm losing my memory because I'm now entering the next decade of my life. No, stop saying these negative things and start saying these positive things. And I don't care what part of your life we're talking about. So if we're talking about your health, start talking healthy. Same thing goes with money. You don't want to say, oh, I can't afford this it's too expensive your brain. Here's that. So I taught my kids to never say, oh, it's too expensive, I can't afford it. What they're trained to say is, how can I afford to pay for this?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 3: Right? So they want, you know, whatever it is. They want, ay, a new toy, new lego, set, a new jersey of their favorite soccer player. I don't care what it is. Right, So they say, oh, I want this Lego. It's twenty dollars. I don't want them to say, oh, I don't have twenty dollars. I want them to say, hey, dad, how can I make twenty dollars so I can buy this lego? What's the solution? We got to be solution oriented. How can I improve my memory? How can I get that extra twenty dollars? And maybe I'll be kind. I'll say, okay, you know, go outside wash my car and I'll pay you twenty dollars. Then we could buy the lego for you. Right, so he can earn it. There's always a way where there's a will, there's a way. You want more money, you can make more money. You want to prove your memory, you can improve your memory. You want to improve your vision. You can improve your vision. I want to get better posture, can improve your posture. I've had a patient grow three inches because his posture was poor and he was all compressed, and they asked him, I said, what's your health wish And he said, I want to grow back the three inches that I lost. And we did it. It took three years. He was eighty one years old, and by the time of his eighty fourth birthday he grew three inches back. We improved your posture, We decompressed his spine, got him to hold his chin up, got him to bring his shoulders back, got him to exercise reach for the ceiling, did some manual traction, some decompressive therapy, posture exercises, manipulation of the joints, spinal adjustments, and it took about an inch a year. But don't let anyone limit your health. Don't let anyone say, oh, your memory just gets worse with age. It's a lie. Don't believe the lie. Oh my vision gets worse with age. Lies. They're all lies. Oh I get more aches and pains because I'm getting older. Don't believe it. Believe me when I tell you you can improve your memory as you get older. But you gotta do the work. Your memory's not gonna get better by watching Netflix every night. I promise you that it will get worse. The more you're on that computer, the more you're on your cell phone, the more you're watching TV, the more you're listening to the news, the worse your brain will get. If you unplug, you start exercising, start stimulating your brain, Start eating healthier, start going to bed a little earlier, Start drinking more water. Stop being a little more happier, a little bit more charitable, a little bit more helpful, a little bit more contribution to the world. If you do all the right things, your brain will improve in function as you get older. But you gotta do the work. There's no pill. If you're waiting around for some Alzheimer's pill, it ain't happening, Just like they'll never be a cure for cancer. Right. They've been doing chemo and radiation for decades and decades and decades. It hasn't changed. Right, people have been in this heart medication, high blood pressure medication for decades and decades and decades, stating drugs for decades and decades and decades, diabetes medication for decades and decades and decades this stuff doesn't work. We have more people with cholesterol, men's, high blood pressure, mes diabetes mess than ever before, and yet we have more people with diabetes and heart disease. We have more people doing cancer and radiation than ever before, and we have more cancer than ever before. If that was the solution, we'd start having less cancer. It's so obvious that these modern medical solutions aren't working. We're the sickest country in the world. We have the most hospitals, the most doctors, the most pharmaceutical companies, the most people, are the most medicine, and we're the sickest country. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Change the way we're doing things if we want better results, If you do the same thing over and over expecting different results, that's insanity. Don't do it. Start doing something new to get new results. If you keep doing your old habits and expect a different result, that is a big problem. All right, So you gotta think a little outside the box and say, Okay, you know what, maybe all this medicine I'm taking isn't my solution. What if I could get off my statin drugs, because guess what a side effect of statin drugs? Dementia? That's memory loss. Statin drugs are the drugs they give you if you have high cholesterol and it causes dementia and joint pain. So if you have some memory problems and some joint pains and you're on cholesterol medication, guess what could be a side effect of the medication you're taking. But the good news is, as long as you exercise, eat healthy, get good rest, take care of your autonomic nervous system, your cholesterol levels can be normal. Now. It used to be that cholesterol needed to be three hundred for them to give you medication. Then they lowered it to two fifty. Then they lowered it to two hundred, so now you can get on medication super early. However, cholesterol is actually good for you. The body's amazing glucose is good for you. Cholesterol is good for you. Fat and triglycerides are good for you. But they just have to be done properly right, So we want to have good fat, good cholesterol. Then our bodies will function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At, kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, caplan or visit kaplandc dot com for more. Information function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to booshe your brain. Power this month Is alzheimer's And Brain Health Awareness. Month so we want to improve our brain function and Prevent. Alzheimer's Right who doesn't want to do? That and lots of people ask me if you could give me one word of advice to help improve my memory and Prevent alzheimer's and. Dementia what would that?
Speaker 3: Be and my answer is, novelty new. Things there's nothing more important to improve your brain, function to prevent Dimension alzheimer's than. Novelty you have to do new things every single day of your, life something. New so co think about it right, Now have you done anything new today that you've never done? Before so people, think, OH i read a lot that WAY i won't get. Dementia well guess what you've read. Before that's not. New and they, say, oh through the crossword puzzle every, Day well guess what you've done it every. Day it's not. New Oh i'm gonna count at my job And i'm always working these worksheets and excel and adding stuff and using my. Brain, yeah it's not. New think about. It your job is the. Same you eat the same, foods you go to the same, places you see the same, people you do the same. Activities that is a recipe for dementia And. Alzheimer's you have to do new. Things you have to meet new, people you have to go to new, places you must take on new, hobbies you must learn new. SKILLS i cannot stress this. Enough if you want to Prevent. Alzheimer's the key word is. Novelty every day you do something new that you've never done. Before it doesn't have to be a. Lot so, Yeah i've never learned A korean word, before and then you just look, up how do you say hello In? Korean, right that's something. New i've never played pick a, ball play pickle. Ball do something. New i've never tried. Sudoku play. Sudoku do something. New go to a new. Place it doesn't have to be. Far. YEH i never went to the, POLCONOS i never went to the cat skills meet new, people join new, groups be part of a new, club and maybe you could do something, good like for. Charity, okay let me volunteer at a place That i've never been. To that's something. New and you, know if you get to the point where it's, okay it's eight o'clock at, night he, Realized oh, CRAP i didn't do anything new. Today all, Right, yeah take off your left shoe and Whistle dixie as you walk back for backwards ten. Feet, okay you've never done that. Before it's just something, new all. Right you know when people come to my, office every time they, come we do Something New so we force people to do new things for their. Brains that's why it come to. Me we have offices In New, Jersey New. York we do Virtual SO i got thousands and thousands of brain exercises that you've never done before in your entire. Life it's going to strengthen your brain through a process called, neuroplasticity to improve your memory and Prevent alzheimer's in. Dementia just like you could go to the gym and, EXERCISE i am like a physical, therapist but for the. Brain so instead of teaching you how to do bicep curls and, Squats i'm teaching you how to improve your, memory how to get better, sleep how to improve your, energy how to reduce your, anxiety how to help you to. Focus, right these are brain based. ISSUES i. MEAN i was speaking to a patient today whose child had. Autism it's Like i've tried, everything AND i, said, well autism comes from your. Brain have you done any brain therapy with a functional neurologist who specializes in. Neuroplasticity. Nope but they think they've done, Everything and what's? Everything, Oh i've done, Medicine i've done, Supplements i've done. Chiropractic i've done accupuying, Soure i've done, Herbalists i've done natural, Paths i've done, Reiki i've done, Surgeries i've done electrical. Stimulations i've tried. Everything, yes but you haven't treated the. Brain that's why you need an expert in the. Brain and that's WHAT i. Am a brain. Expert i've seen over a hundred thousand, patients been doing this for twenty five. Years ALL i know is, neuroplasticity how to rewire the brain to improve. Function and everyone has a, brain whether you're a young child with, autism a teenager with, anxiety twenty year old with troubles with, focus a thirty year old with, depression a four year old with headaches and, dizziness fifty year old with, memory sixty year old With, parkinson's seventy year old with a. STROKE i don't care how old you. Are if you have a, brain we can help. You but we must figure out where the problem is coming. From and maybe it Is, hey you're not doing enough novelty that will affect your. Memory maybe you have a sedentary lifestyle that will affect your. Memory maybe you have a poor, diet do you know that diabetes is one of the major causes Of, alzheimer's so much in, fact that The Mayo clinic is changing the name Of alzheimer's disease to diabetes type three because it's a combination of diabetes type one and diabetes type. Two diabetes type one juvenile onset diabetes is an autoimmune, disease and that's the body attacking. Itself to reverse autoimmune, disease you, must number, one eliminate all the autoimmune. Foods i'm gonna give you the top ones right. Now number one is, Dairy number two is. Grains number three is, corn number four, soy number five, coffee and number six it's. Alcohol those are the big. Six that's for diabetes type, one which is autoimmune. Disease so we gotta avoid those six. Foods, plus we need to calm down an overactive sympathetic nervous system by increasing activation of the parasympathetic nervous. System one way to increase activation in the parasympathetic nervous system is. Gargling you could goggle really intensely for thirty, seconds three times a. Day it stimulates what's called your vagus, nerve which will increase your parasympathetic nervous system and increase your sympathetic nervous, system calming down your overactive, brain relaxing the overactive immune. System so you gotta dor brain. Rehab it's called neuroplasticity plus dietary. Changes that's for diabetes type one autoimmune. Disease diabetes type, two which is adult onset diabetes that comes from sedentary. Lifestyle comes from poor. Nutrition lots of, carbs, bread, pasta, rice, potato, cereal, oatmeal, crackers, toasts, muffins, croissants, candy, sugar, soda, lemonade iced, tea. Juices, right these are all going to increase diabetes type. Two, YEAH i WRIT i said. Juices don't think juicing is healthy for. You juicing takes out all the healthy stuff and leads you all the. Sugar the best way to juice is to take all the scraps from the juice and pour out the juice and then eat the. Scraps that's the only WAY i would. Juice, Right but if you want to get rid of, diabetes you got to follow the twenty. Rule never sit for more than twenty minutes. Straight every twenty minutes you get up for twenty, seconds walk twenty, feet move your body twenty jumping, jacks twenty sit, up twenty push, ups twenty sit, ups twenty, squads twenty. LUNGES i don't care what type of movement it, is but just move your body for twenty seconds every twenty. Minutes so we want for diabetes type, two good healthy, diet get rid of the century, Lifestyle increase exercise at least three days a week for twenty. Minutes then you also got to go to bed, early and you got to reduce your stress. Levels that will help with diabetes type, one diabetes type, two and then prevent diabetes type three Aka alzheimer's. Disease so have to rewire the. Brain just like you can make your muscles, stronger you can make your brain. Stronger it's called, neuroplasticity creating new, connections new, synapses so your brain performs at the highest levels so you can function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan more when we come back from the.
Speaker 2: Break if you want to improve your brain, function help with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches brain, fog weight, loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for. You don't mis boost your brain power with Doctor Eric kaplan and you will learn, natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such As, Alzheimer's, parkinson's, stroke, aunts add, concussion autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines four posture, PAIN, tbi skin and digestive. Problems Doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health, conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky. Surgeries to contact The Doctor, kamplin you can call his team at TWO o one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot.
Speaker 3: Com function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power this month Is alzheimer's And brain Health Awareness. Month we want to strengthen the brain to Prevent. Alzheimer's alzheimer's disease takes about forty years to, progress so you might get a concussion at thirty years of, age and The alzheimer's doesn't show up till you're. Seventy interesting how that. Works people think their memory just, start, oh the past few years is just starting getting. Bad, no it takes forty. Years alzheimer's comes from these beta amyloid, plaques which are like this glue to your brain that decreases the. Signals so we got to clean up that. Brain you have these glial, cells which are the nurses of the cells that when you sleep clean out your brain. Cells so sleep is very important for your brain. Health and you also don't want to have food in your system when you go to, sleep so you want to make sure there's four hours between your last meal and. Bedtime so in the ideal, world you're done with dinner at six pm and bedtimes at ten. Pm the most important hours for sleep are the hours before. Midnight so if you sleep from twelve to, seven that is a lot more unhealthy and you're gonna be at more risk For alzheimer's. Disease versus someone who sleeps from ten to, five they're both sleeping seven, hours but the ten to five those seven hours are when the sun is down and the sky is. Darkest those are called your. Circadium. Rhythms when it's, dark that's when you. Sleep if you wait till midnight one, o'clock two o'clock to go to, bed it's been dark for so, long so by ten o'clock it's. Dark now you should be in. Bed NO, tv no, computer no cell. Phone so not only do you not want to eat past six, o'clock you don't want any electronics past six. O'clock these electronics are smart devices have a blue, light and the blue light increases. Cortisol cortisol is the stress, hormone and eating also increases. Cortisol so if you're eating eight o'clock at, night you're WATCHING, tv you're scrolling through your, phone or you're on your computer, iPad guess, What you're gonna increase Cortisol when your cortosol is. Increased now your, melatonin which helps you to, sleep is going to be, decreased and you're not gonna be a sound sleeping and be a light sleeping and wake. Up you're gonna wake up. Energize you're gonna wake up all, groggy wanted to press the snooze. Alarm so it's very important that you get good, sleep and the best way to get good sleep is to make sure you at least do ten minutes outside sunrise and sunset without any glasses or, hat look towards the sun so you can get those rays going into your eyes without contact, lenses without, sunglass is without you, know your reading glasses or your vision, glasses so nothing covering your, eyes all, Right so that is going to help with your brain function because when we get good sleep and the glial cells clean up the bad brain cells and these plaques and these things that interrupt the, signals now our brains are better. Connected they have more, synapses more more, transmitters more stem cell, production more Mitochondrial so sleep is very important for the cleansing of your. Brain not only is sleep important for the cleansing of your gut so you can digest the, food absorb the. Nutrients not only is it good for your heart to get good circulation and blood flow and you, know filter out the bad stuff in your. Blood not all as you good for your lungs to get rid of bad stuff in your. Lungs so when you, sleep that's when you. Detox so when you get rid of bad, stuff that's when you wake. Up you want to pee right, away pee out the bad. Stuff you want to, poop have a good bowel movement every morning when you wake. Up if your system is cleansing like it's supposed, to and that's what we. Need our bodies amazing at, cleansing whether it's through a, pee through a, poop through the, period blood through your boogers and your, nose through your, phlegm and your, lungs through your, earwax through your, tears and your, eyes through your sweat in your. Armpits we have these ways to, detox but the systems need to be working. Properly and if we're always putting bad stuff in our, bodies we can't. Detox that's why when people quit coffee they get, headaches they feel really. Bad you, know they got, fatigue they got, headaches they get, cranky. Irritability it's because they're detoxing from the bad. Stuff when people quit, alcohol they feel really. Bad when people drug, addicts when they, quit they go through. Torture if you quit, sugar you're gonna feel bad in the. Beginning if you quit something that's, good then nothing's gonna happen to you because you don't have to. Detox H if you quit, broccoli nothing's gonna happen if you quit eating apples for a, month there's no headache or rebound because it's. Healthy so if you feel bad when you don't have a certain food or, drink that means it's not good for. You if you need that cup of coffee or you get a, headache that's really. Bad if you need that, drug that's really. Bad if you need that glass of wine after every, meal that's. Bad, Right so we don't want to depend on any drug or alcohol or sugar or. Caffeine. Right your body can get healthier on its. Own your body doesn't need caffeine or sugar for, energy so you shouldn't have to get a cup of coffee in the morning for. Energy and like we, said if you want to reverse any autoimmune disease like diabetes type one or hashimotos or siliac disease or lupis OR, ms multiple sclerosis or fibromyalgia or IBS yes or chogrins R, ra these are all autoimmune. Diseases PSORIASIS x, amount it's all from autoimmune. Disease you gotta get rid of, coffee you gotta get rid of, dairy gotta get rid of the, grains the, corn the, soy the. Alcohol you. Have any autoimmune disease very very, important and all autoimmune disease is the body attacking. Itself so we gotta get rid of any foods or drinks that are gonna trigger the immune. Response gotta calm down the nervous. System another good way to calm down the nervous system is cold water on your. Face you're, overheated you're. Overactive weve gotta cool you. Down every morning when you wake, up cold water on your, face every, evening right before, bed cold water on your. Face and the big challenge is at the end of your, shower go cold. Water let it go on your face for thirty. Seconds and you just got to do that three times a. Day that'll regulate your overactive nervous. System another good way to calm down the nervous system is a good breathing exercise where you inhale for four, seconds hold your breath for, seven and exhale for. Eight and you want to do diaframatic. Breathing when you, inhale push your diaphragm down and. Out when you, exhale it comes up and. In and if you can do it outside even, better if you want to do it. Inside get some oxygen producing, plants snake, plants spider, plants money, plants alovera plant and have them all hang out. Together that produces more. Oxygen plants are social just like humans are, social, right and that's very good for your. Brain is to be social and meet new. People and don't think social media is being. Social that should be called anti social media because the more you use, that the less actually face to face interaction you. Get so you gotta unplug and meet people in, person not just comment on their. Page all, Right so we got to make sure that you are interactive with, people you, know, friends, FAMILY i don't care who it, is but just be around. People join some clubs or groups or, meetups or you, know a book club or a selling, class or go to the local community, college you, know start you know whatever it. Is you, know take a dance. Class you. Know there's so many ways to meet new people and do new. Things you, know we're especially around here in the you, Know New York city metropolitan. Area it's like so many, people there's you know, whatever there is likey million people within like thirty miles Of New York. City it's pretty. Crazy there's like so many people you, know AND i know a lot of people might not be one for, You but it's better to have a few good people that are quality and you know a bunch of unquality. People. Right it's not about the, quantity it's about the. Quality but the more social you, are the better your brain, functions so you're more likely to Get alzheimer's in. Dementia if you're in. Isolation people go crazy in. Isolation that's literally the biggest punishment you could ever. Have people in jail would rather sleep next to a murderer and a rapist than be in solitary. Confinement it's that bad for your, brain and you go. Insane we are social. Beings we need to, interact and don't be fooled into thinking being on the internet is actually being social with. People text, messaging, emails commenting. Likes those aren't social. Interactions all, Right if you have, to if you're in a different, state do like A WhatsApp or FaceTime where you can actually see the, people, right rather than just texting. Them do a video chat where you can see people, Smile you can see their facial, expressions, right you can hear their voice and their. Tone it's very, important all, right very important for your. Health that's why so many people died FROM. Covid it was the social. Isolation, say don't go visit grandma and. Grandpa you'll kill. Them that's. Bs not visiting them will kill. Them, obviously if you're, sick yes you don't visit. Grandparents but if you're, sick you don't visit. Anybody but if you're, healthy you better visit your. Grandparents it's good for them and it's good for. You they did research that showed the grandparents and grandkids that spend more time together both. Benefit the grandparents live longer and the grandkids are healthier and. Happier so that is very important. Advice spend time with your grandparents with your. Grandkids that way you'll function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power don't Miss boost your brain power with Doctor Eric kamplin Every saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain. Function you can improve, memory, focus, energy, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that Doctor caplan will be sharing with his audience join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same. Time listen to boost your brain. Power if you want to function, better feel, better and enjoy the quality of life you, deserve called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email Info, at kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation With, doctor caplan or visit kaplandc dot com for. More information, function better, feel better and live a. Better life this Is Doctor, eric caplan and you're listening to boost your.
Speaker 3: Brain power this Month is Alzheimer's and Brain Health, awareness month and everybody wants to improve their. Brain function who wants to have a? Bad brain the problem is people just aren't taught how to keep their. Brain. Healthy right we're all taught, growing up brush your teeth. Every day we're all taught eat your fruits. And veggies we're all taught you gotta. Drink water we're all taught you gotta go to bed early and get. Good sleep we're all taught these, positive, habits, exercise, meditation right but nobody teaches you how to improve your. Brain function so it's a. New concept people understand going to, the gym but they don't understand exercising. The brain but if we really think, about it there's literally nothing more important than your. Brain function so why don't you exercise? Your brain just like you brush your teeth every day and you flaws and, you rains and, you shower and you drink your water and you try and get good rest and eat some fruits. And veggies how come you don't exercise your brain? Every day how come you don't challenge? Your brain maybe you should start challenging. Your brain start by memorizing people's. Phone numbers start by remembering. People's names i'm sick of, people, SAYING oh i always forget. People's names put. Some effort if you don't want to forget, their names you have to put effort. Into it so when you, meet someone you gotta go before you meet them, and say, All right i'm gonna do whatever it takes tom by this. Person's name i'm gonna say their name ten. Times over i'm gonna make up. A story i'm gonna make up. A rhyme i'm gonna associate with somebody no or a song OR a tv show or an athlete or. AN artist i don't care what, it is but have. That intention you're gonna remember. That name have an intention you're gonna remember that, phone number even if you have to read it one. Hundred times have that intention to remember, the address not just put it IN. Your gps.
Speaker 1: Use.
Speaker 3: Your brain remember, phone numbers, remember names. Remember addresses challenge yourself when you go to the, grocery store memorize your list of twenty items that you need. To buy. Challenge yourself and, You know i'm gonna remember these five People that i'm gonna meet at this, party today And then i'm gonna come up till them later and tell them, their names and they're gonna. Be pressed i'm, gonna remember, you know my friend's phone number that they just, gave me And then i'm gonna come back to them, and, say oh this is your. Phone number but how did you? Know that because people don't remember people's. Phone numbers you got to be the. One percent you want to be the ninety. Nine percent you end up, with cancer, Heart, disease, alzheimer's, Diabetes obesity you end up in a wheelchair with, a diaper in a. Nursing home that's a typical route for A. Typical american you want to be? Like them or do you want to be the one who's on, no medication, completely independent, no cane, no walker. No diaper where, you volunteer, you're helping, you're working, you're driving. You're independent how good would? That feel not only is it good, for you but it's good for. Your family why do you want to burden your family with the stress of them having to take care. Of you. That's selfish so start taking care of your brain and your body so that you can help, other people not so they have to. HELP you i don't want you, to, SAY oh i only. Live once i'm gonna drink my coffee and drink my beer and eat. My, sugar no because you guess who's gonna take care of you, your sibling or, your parents or, your kids or your spouse or, maybe nobody and then, you're stuck miserable. And depressed don't depend on. Anybody else don't depend on medicare to take care of. Your health insurance does not make. You healthy medicine does not make. You healthy hospital visits do not make. You healthy doctors do not make. You healthy you have to make. You healthy you have to. Do it it's all up. To you there's no magic pill that. Cures anything there's no magic pill to. Cure cancer there's no magic pill to, cure diabetes or heart Disease, or alzheimer's no. Such thing every single health condition. Needs work there's never been a cure for any condition in the history. Of, medicine yeah, you know in, an emergency we got the best doctors in, the world. Best surgeons they're gonna put. You together, you know you get bit by, a snake they're gonna give you the. Anti venom you're having, a stroke you're gonna go to. The hospital they're gonna clear you out with some. Blood thinner you break, your leg they're gonna put it together so you can. Walk, again so, emergency situations we got the best doctors in. The world but for chronic condition the ones that kill, almost, everybody cancer, heart, disease, Diabetes, obesity alzheimer's these are the ones that. Kill people not the freak accidents those. Are rare the, chronic conditions those. Are, common now don't wait that forty years To the. Alzheimer's developed you got to. Do prevention an ounce of prevention is worth a pound. Of cure but what are you gonna do to figure out if you're susceptible to any brain Dysfunction or alzheimer's. Or, dementia well what we gotta do is proper, neurologic testing and we're gonna give a, few gifts three, different. Tests right the first test is called A q eeg, brain mapping and this measures your, alpha waves, your beta, your theta, your delta and based on the location of the abnormal, brain wave it's gonna tell do you have short term, memory loss long term? Memory loss do you have working, memory problems sequential, memory, problems reading, Comprehension memory so it literally breaks. Everything down it's a really. Cool test it's also gonna tell us do you have insomnia or, sleep deprivation. Energy problems it's also gonna tell us if you have depression. Or anxiety it's also gonna tell us you have difficulty with, executive, functions, motivation planning, shifting, tasks punctuality understanding consequences of, the, future focus not. Getting distracted it's gonna pick this. All up it even tells us do you have heavy? Metal poisoning have you had, a concussion do you have, a pathogen, your neurotransmitter is your, dopamine off is your. Neuroeper neepronoff it'll even analyze if you have a, thyroid problem if you have, intestinal inflammation if you have brain inflammation in your, white matter if you have, balanced problems. Visual problems it literally upt all the different. Brain disorders it's normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people, to call text, or email you could get this test for only twenty. One dollars we're gonna leave the number in. A minute the second test is CALLED a vng OR a vog, video oculography and it measures your eye movements fast eye movements and slow eye movements into the left and to, the right and up and down in a light and dark and with head turns. And spins so it measures all these different, eye movements and based on the different, eye movements we can analyze the different areas of. The brain, you know a fast eye movement tests your, frontal cortex and a slow one test your parietal and these optokinetics test, your cerebellum and the pupil response checks your. Brain stems so there's a lot of different eye exercises and examinations that could dictate how our brain. Is functioning and it's gonna tell us which part of the brains are OVERAPT and i would create insomnia, or anxiety or worry or anger or AGGRESSION or adhd or the mind's racing and you got one hundred thoughts per minute and you can't, stop worrying and, you know you get nervous and, you panic and. Everything's overactive but it will also tell us if there's underactive areas you, have fatigue, low energy, poor memory, low motivation, always late, always depressed. Never happy it'll tell us which areas, are underactive and you might. Not both you might have one area that's underactive and one area. That's Overactive and i'll tell us is that the right brain we need to work on the left brain is that the brain stem is at. The cerebellum THAT'S why i LOVE this, vng test. All right this test is also normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people, to call text, or email you could get that test for only twenty one dollars. As well and the the third test is called a one On one and that's with Me where i'll go OVER. Your qEEG i'll go over your. Brain mapping i'll go OVER any MRIs or cat SCANS or x rays. You've had if you have, blood work, your analysis, Stool sample i'll check. It Off plus i'll do my. Own evaluation i'll check out, your posture. Your alignment i'll check out. Your memory i'll check out, your coordination. Your gait i'll check out, your muscles, your bones. Your nerves i'll listen to your lung and your heart and, your Gut and i'll check out your oxygen and. Your pulse and a full physical and neurological evaluation takes about forty. Five minutes it's normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people, to call text, or email you could get this test for only twenty, One dollars and you could do all three if you want one on one, with ME, a qEEG, brain mapping AND a vng for only twenty one. Dollars each the phone number to call or text is six four six two two one six seven, three eight and the email is Info at kaplinbrainobody. Dot com and again you could call text six four six two two one six seven, three eight or you can email Info at kaplinbrainobody. Dot com if you want, more information go to our website caplindc. Dot com if you want to buy, my book It's called boosh Of, brain Power a guide to improving your memory. And focus you can Get. On amazon just when you spell, brain power spell it with. One word if you're on, social media you can join our Group. On facebook It's Called caplin Brain. And body you could look at our YouTube Videos caplin Brain. And body we had over one hundred educational videos about how to improve your. Brain function if You're, on instagram We're At Caplin, brain Body and TikTok we're At Doctor. Eric kaplan i'm also a. Newspaper columnist if you want to subscribe To The, passac press you can get my weekly articles on how to improve your. Brain health and if you want to listen to the, old shows just go on the website of the radio or go into the. Old archives just put in boost Your brain power With Doctor eric kaplan and you can listen to all my old shows so you can, function better feel better and live a. Better life this Is Doctor, eric kaplan and you just listen to boost your.
Speaker 2: Brain power if you want to improve your, brain function help, with, memory, focus, sleep digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision headaches, brain fog, weight loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show. For you don't mis boost your brain power With Doctor eric kaplan and you will, learn, natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems Such, As alzheimer's, parkinson's, stroke autism, add concussion, autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo migraines four, POSTURE, pain tbi skin and. Digestive Problems doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and, health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and. Risky surgeries to Contact, doctor kaplan you could call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc. Dot com the preceding was a. Paid program war's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed the preceding was a.
Speaker 1: Paid podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed