Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Deep Blue Sea the podcast. I am Mark, slave to the rhythm half Myer.
Speaker 2: And I am Jay I was one of them, and I am Jay Good hunting Cluet. Welcome you Board Deeply the podcast. On this show, we've been to the entire Deepest Trilogy, scene by scene. We're doing it again, but not today. Today we're continuing our year of Reptiles and our Anaconda franchise with Anaconda four Anaconda's Trail of Blood. What is Anaconda's Trailer Blood. It's a direct sequel picks up at the end of from where Anaconda three whatever that was called Offspring left off with the scientist who Peter Rainsner p Trainsta played by Zoltan. He has collected the serum, the samples of at the end of three. He's doing experiments. Don't worry, he's not around much longer. He gets immediately taken out a big state. Yeah, he's doing He's doing experiments with the blood orchid serum that makes at least makes anacondas a lot bigger and regenerative and a lot angrier. Spaky tails. No spaky tails in this film. The spiky tail mutation no more, and now they're just they're more regenerative. Now they have Wolverine clause. Yeah, yeah, he's two one thousand is a lot more accurate than Wolverine. So it's all being funded by John Rey Stadiums. Peter Block. He sends mister Eugene one one million, isn't it million?
Speaker 1: I sung fifty million into the project.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, But he pays mister Eugene one to go and kill, go and kill Peter rains there and also Amanda Crystal Allan if he comes across her. So he's after the after the because he's got some research and he thinks that Peter's gone on to some of the other backer So Eugene's after Peter amandas after the serum. Also tagging you Along is a group of people out doing a dig who are just going to get stuck in the middle of it. And then one random kid out on his own and a couple of cops and a lot of people and a lot of people in this one had a bug bite and at least one big snake chasing them all and eating most of them. It is directed by David Olson. So I written with David Olson directed by Donny font Leroy and came out in two thousand and nine and is better than the third one. I like this film with a great deal. I had a lot of fun with.
Speaker 1: It, way better than the first film. And Okay, I think I have a few reasons why there were some attempts at costume design. In the costume I think this movie probably was funded by big cargo pants. I'm just putting that there. Two, there's an actual stunt on a car. Two stunt men are hanging from the back of a land rover ladder. It's going twenty miles an hour, but they attempted a stunt. Three there's some good wide shots of make eating people, which when they happened, I think I wrote in all caps holy, like best moment of franchise, like this is it's really good. I wrote best moment in films. The biggest reason why this movie is better is because there's no David Hasselhoff.
Speaker 2: No overpowering yeah presence.
Speaker 1: He didn't care in that movie. He is so loosey, goosey, and he you could tell he didn't give any any cares about that movie and he made it right listen. And also there's not as many walking scenes in this movie. It takes place in the Carpathian mountains and there's just woods in Romania, and they shot in a shed they probably just found. But that Lindon Ashby is good. He actually tries. So they dropped Hasselhoff. They added Lyndon Ashby and he makes this movie better. Christa Allen she's good. She's just running around. Crystal Allen is just running around. It's it's way better. Now. Can you see the cameraman as there there's a lab scene and you can see the cameraman in the reflection of a metal table and they didn't care about it at all. There's like a ladder fall where she falls two steps down. But yeah, like six hours man.
Speaker 3: And it still this movie is way This a vast improvement over the second one.
Speaker 2: For me, the improvement is is the white there's one wide shot sequence in the middle that. Yeah, that for me is the highlight of the film. I don't know if that's a bit you were talking about. We're just I I love this scene, a good, great scene, just because my I thought it was gonna a problem. There were just so many disparate groups where often often there are some walking scenes also just some kind of like sitting down talking scenes where not a lot is happening, and we just keep on cutting from one group to another, and the groups will often split up into more groups, and I was like, this is a problem. But then when three of those groups meet plus the snake in this clearing, I was like, great, was this all added up to one people over there with a snake chasing them. Other people are over there running towards the snake, and these other people are just us just watching, just seeing what's.
Speaker 1: Going to play out.
Speaker 2: And I loved that sequence.
Speaker 1: That's a good sequence and it makes sense. It works. Also, the henchmen or mister Eugene and some of his lackeys, they're way better than the henchmen in Ana Conda three Jure there there's a guy who wears a sleeveless shirt over a shirt which doesn't make much sense to me. Yeah, but at least but at least him and his partner wearing cargo pants and outfits that fit, which was not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're better than the kind of hunter henchmen in Film of Colors and the both of us is Python, where there's just like, I don't know if you've if you've seen that one. There's just a team of American people who are clearly not American and don't think very American. They're clearly Romanian. One of them is like dressed in an American flag and arrives at a like a Mustang. There's a stetson on. They called him text and he starts talking. He's clearly Romanian. And there's one who's trying to be Vinnie Jones in Gone to Sixty Seconds, like being silent the whole time and then talking at the end, but he doesn't do a single thing in the whole film. He's just kind of there, and then he's eating. At some point it's like, but you've built this guy up to be this like silent sniper. He's dead. Okay, great, So these guys are better than that. These guys do stuff. And there's one bit where one of them falls over and another one that laughs at him. They're being chased by a snake. One guy trips and they goes like, ah, you tripped, and so the guy trip shoots the other guy yes, and then runs away and the guy gets shot and gets like, yeah, great.
Speaker 1: Life is hard. Guys have stuff to do. I love that life is hard. Huh. Life is hard. Huh. Like they smacked off each other, Jay, Yeah, it was fun. And also this movie. I think the filmmakers had a sense of humor on this one. In the third one, no one cared, there's no it's it's a it's it's the worst one we've ever covered. But in this one, they come across this archaeological dig. They actually have holes in the ground that look like they're perfect rectangles. So whoever did the digging did a good job, or they just found someone doing it. They just dug it up. But in the pit there's a bunch of bloody bodies. But then since it's an archaeological dig, there's three giant bones just laying in there with the people, and it's so stupid, like why would that bone be right there? But it's funny too. I just think the filmmakers at least had a gag there. Maybe I'm giving them more credit, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I I like to think somebody had fun in the production team.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there is a yelling at each other in a shed scene, though, which really when Scott this is okay everybody, So there's too many there's not in a lot of locations, but there's also way too many locations and there's too many people. But there's this lab. These people go in a lab with these two henchmen. A snake comes in, and then there's this couple. Instead of booking it away from the snake, they run into a shed that's twenty feet away from the house and then they sleep in there, and we cut to the morning where doctor mant Haze played by Crystal Allen's walking back and forth with her best thinking face, like think, think, think. This dude wakes up Daddy Midwinter played Scott, and he right off the base like what.
Speaker 3: Do you got?
Speaker 1: And they just start yelling at each other in this shed and they're just like what's playing? What's planing? And she's like I'm thinking, I'm thinking, And yeah, that's a horrifying scene because they just kick off hot and that's.
Speaker 2: The morning after. Like there there were a couple of goons who are like keeping them so secially hostage. They're following them to go and find the serum, and at one point they like have made a discovery under the floorboards in the room, h and they're trying to keep it a secret, and so the goons like barge in and Scott just kisses her as a distracts like a distraction, and the goons are like, at least somebody's having fun, and then they shut the door on even to it, and I was like, that is a wild decision to make for people that you're supposed to be keeping guard on. But also as the film establishing this is like a romantic couple, is that what we're supposed to go with, hey, because that's like the trope. You know, they kiss because they need to for disress reasons, and eventually they fall in love. But the next scene is them yetting each other and then later Scott dies like you treat.
Speaker 1: When Scott dies in another nice little shot, Crystal Allen almost acts too much. She's she seems legit heartbroken. I was like, that's too much acting acting, Crystal, Like, that's too You put way too much care into this scene because she seems distraught over Scott dying. She like gives it her all of that scene and it made me like the movie more because someone trotting. Okay, a few of the actors tried in this movie, like Lynda Ashby I love him Immortal Kombat and he's just very personal. I like him on screen. It's a very odd relationship in this movie with a young woman who gets a bit by a bug and then they cut her neck.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's Jackson. There's a called father. I don't. I mean, there's there's a twenty six year rang difference.
Speaker 1: I guess, well.
Speaker 2: That's more than I was expecting. And yeah, she gets bitten.
Speaker 1: And he's a teacher probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unclear anyone's role in this team other than like it seems to be led either by Jackson or Scott depending on the scene. And but that's and then everyone else is just kind of there. One of them has a brother who is like part of this is like the B team coming to try and find what happened to the A team is Sunshine that happened to choras one And they go and like this guy's brother was on icoras one and they get that reference.
Speaker 1: And then they find the world. Sure they're just naked and standing in front of the sun, like, no.
Speaker 2: You're fine, just a great name and yeah. So he's like looking for his brother and they get there and the whole team's dead and my brother's dead and then so he then runs at the he can get and then the brothers not to be alive and then dies not long after. That's one arm. He's one of that just gets shot for being put out of his misery. And it's a real like what was all this for you? You've given this guy a little bit of backstory and this guy who just needs to be in the film a little bit of backstory. It's just way over complicated. But I didn't. I had fun with it. I enjoyed the nonsense.
Speaker 1: You know why you bring in all these Romanian actors is because cheap. Yeah, you have Lynda Nashby. You get him out of there in four days, right, because you got to do party pretem hotels. You know you probably need a driver for him.
Speaker 2: John Reys Davies a day and a half. It's two locations if that.
Speaker 1: You know, get him out. Shoot. They probably brought him in for this whole thing in four days, so get him in, get him out. Lynn and Ashby they're like, he costs some money, we had to bring him in three days. Just come out here for four days. You're out. Crystal Allen, she actually does a lot of heavy lifting, but this is like one of her first roles, so she wasn't too known, too well known, and then you just throw in a bunch of randos to beef out the rest of the scenes so that you don't have to pay the core like they probably don't have to travel, like they might be local hires. So it's I don't know, financially speaking, if you have no money, I guess it makes sense to bring in these people. But you know, I think this movie's better too because they didn't have to worry about Hasselhoff and his big old budget. I bet he paid a lot of money. And once they got rid of him, they're like, hey, we can we can do a couple of cool shots. We can do a wide shot, we can do a chase scene, we can do actually.
Speaker 2: Something good, seven more characters.
Speaker 1: We have someone who cares. We can spend ten minutes on a bug bite.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but we will. We can, we have and we did.
Speaker 1: So, all right everybody. Lynn and Ashby and his assistant twenty six year old age difference. They keep it a secret, but then like, we don't have to keep it a secret, and they're smooching and she goes ow something bit my neck and they're like, oh no. And then next day. She's like, oh, just in a lot of pain. And then someone comes in. They cut her neck open and bleed her.
Speaker 2: They bleed her, yeah, and it's quite bloody. It looks quite painful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they dig into her neck and she's like ah, and then the rest of the film she's just wandering around like lives so but the bug never comes back. Yeah, it's not like anaconda with the bug in the throat or the the scuba gear. Just a bug bite, just a b.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't really like nothing. She's just kind of incapacitated for a little bit. She's just like you now have to stay at base camp with other lady to look after you whilst the men go to mission. Okay, they're like, we need to.
Speaker 1: Beef out this movie in ninety minutes. Guys, we gotta fill this two hour sci fi slot. What do we got?
Speaker 2: I just found out that the brothers I'll talk about played by the Day actors.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah that's what I was.
Speaker 2: Andrew played Roland dan Patrick, so good, well done.
Speaker 1: I was very confused when he came out with one arm. Yeah, wait a minute, what's happened? Yeah, it's yeah. They're probably like, what's cheap bug bite ten minutes. You can fill it out.
Speaker 2: Don't need to show the bug, don't show the bite, just needs to show lady facing his by the fig ah.
Speaker 1: A little bit of blood, special effects which cost them money, and then you got this sprits her down with Evy on every take and then you're that's it. Some rock, sweet sweat ten minutes of this film.
Speaker 2: Jake, Yeah, a lot of it. A lot of there are scenes dedicated to it. Bite from a bug we never see.
Speaker 1: To a character whose role is quite nebulous, you don't really know. It fills in some gap love entry a student. She survives, she lives, Like there's a lot of people who survive. Yeah, before five people survive, but four people survive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like there's one of the earliest scenes yeah, yeah, because Amanda, Alex Jackson, and Heather other ones to survive. Spoiler. But yeah, there's a scene early on when there's this new guy Alex sends to you who's just like he's just in the woods. He's just there. He's like supposed to be on a dig. Well, I don't think that's the dig that everyone else is on. He's just there, supposed to be on some other kind of dig right, just hiking, but he's heading he's like an archaeology student, so he's there to do a dig of some kind and he's just hiking in the woods. He stumbles upon Amanda and these two. She says that puts his he puts his hands up as I'm underrest, and she's like, don't worry. The cops that will hang on, which like it's yeah, okay, and so that they are like a gang now a crew. And then they end up going finding the serum and the underground serum dungeon, and the snake attacks and takes out. We assume both of the cops they have both been killed, and we hear screams, but no one of them secretly is the is the battle guy in the film ntil the end. He comes back at the end and it dies immediately. That's this film loves just keeping people around and then killing him after like little minor scenes. And I had a good time.
Speaker 1: But some of them are decent actors, though it's on some of these movies they do they try this humor thing where they're snarky and they just can't act and then they just it's just a joke. But the characters in this film played it pretty straight, and I respected that it wasn't as winky wink as a hasslehoff over here and also okay, vacilly. He gets hired by Crystal Allen doctor Amanda Hayes to be her security, but then it turns out that he's working for Peter J. D. Murdoch.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, he is, No, he's Murdoch's a competitor. What I think. I think he's like a rival medical I thought I read.
Speaker 1: It as because he says in the thing that Murdoch paid them to take watch her. Did I am I making this up? How people the super ru and he doesn't even know a super Maybe.
Speaker 2: How I understood it was that the city was a competitor for for Murdoch, and he had gone undercover to like be to be a guard for I'm Andrew had gone to the cops and like, I need some help. There's this drunk thing going on. I want to cops had been like gone to Vasili and like I've got a plan for you. There's this serum that you can sell for money. And so the city and actual cop had been protecting Amanda pretended Comanda to follow her to go and find the serum. Whether they they didn't get take it and set it on the black market or as on the non black market, I guess. But then they also got in league with mister.
Speaker 1: Eugene who's hired by J. D. Murdoch.
Speaker 2: Hired by Murdoch for a million million dollars. He then went to kill Peter. And also he says, like a million dollars, that's a lot to kill one guy, is it really? That was like, no, he's he thinks that's been he's been paid too much to kill a man. A million dollars is too much to kill a man, as I would know, that's quite a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Notice, so all hit people on the planet if you listen to this episode. According to John Wick, the director said, like one percent of the population are part of that guild. So that's millions of people, right, Jay, That's yeah, that's millions of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like tens of million.
Speaker 1: For many people, all right, So there's got to be one of them listening to our show. If someone goes, like, hey, kill someone for twenty k, all right, I mean it's cheap, but it's honest. If someone goes three mil for the head of Larry the satellite guy. Right, that doesn't seem right. Don't trust it, you know what I mean, Like, there's got to be a catch Jay.
Speaker 2: That's when I say, any podcast has one percent of the world as listeners, is the best podcast, is the most listened to podcast in the world.
Speaker 1: Listen to our show. But if there's millions of them, one percent of tens of millions is still pretty good.
Speaker 2: That would be one percent of one percent. That would be We're still look rounds of thousands of people.
Speaker 1: We're top of the film history charts. So it's good shore. But yeah, so just don't listen, y'all. If it sounds too good, Yeah, don't do it. But yes, okay. So, so Eugene double crosses Murdoch.
Speaker 2: Yes, to work with Vasili to then try and kill Murdoch. But Jackson shows up and shoots Facilly and like grapples Eugene and ends up they're dying as well. Eugene dies, Yeah, you know, Eugene doesn't die. He like chases them. Yeah, he ends up the back of the car. Yeah. And then but he gets a great death with the granites.
Speaker 1: But he catches There's some teamwork between doctor Amanda Hayes and Jackson Jackson Jackson Jackson. But yeah, so I thought it was a triple cross because I thought Vasily was working for Amanda, but then Vasilli starts working but then facility Facilly secretly working for Murdoch, but then he betrays Murdoch by working with Eugene. I'm like, how deep does this double triple quadruple cross go?
Speaker 2: I mean that could be the case. I know it could have been, and he could have been preparing to once they had serum to shoot Eugene and double cross him as well, So I who knows.
Speaker 1: But to be fair, Jay, this is a movie where someone goes, I thought I saw something. I'm hearing things, and you're like, wait, I thought I saw something. I'm hearing things like this. The dialogue isn't great, Jay.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeahs slime, I I kind of love it. Every time we get whenever we get a someone has a flashback to something that just happened. That's always something I don't madads that she also has a dream sequence which is going over the most horrific deaths from the previous song.
Speaker 1: So also great, what about the photographs of Peter and Amanda too? There's one a Peter that was taken from the movie. And then there's one of doctor Amanda had sitting at a like a microscope looking at the camera, like who took these photos? And how they print them so fast?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that being said.
Speaker 2: There's two Pizzas in this film. The shouldn't be two Peters, Like murder Johndrewsavi is called Peter, and the scientists who took the serre at the end of the last film was called Peter. There's so many names.
Speaker 1: Take a different name at least the clothes fit.
Speaker 2: That's I'm supposed to credit. I've ever heard one. They closed.
Speaker 1: The christ Doctor Amanda Hayes, she actually looks like she has a battle outfit for one of these movies. That would be that that might work in a more expensive theatric release film they tried. And then a couple of these. Lyndon Ashby has a good little outfit. The ladies, they look like they're probably in like two thousand and three, but two thousand and nine, Like those are kind of random, Like those aren't great outits for archaeological digs, not that I've ever been on one, but maybe they didn't want all cargo pants for everybody.
Speaker 2: So this is something we've up against with Deep C two is the costuming. So I said, the costuming and Anacond four is better than in Deep C two, which we'll be talking about again soon because like you know, we had that hideous plastic yellow tie that the lawyer has and mister Calhoun's doc sorry her genes a real awkward fit. Yeah, so we'll get into that soon again. That's like a defining memory I have is the clothes from dec. Two not being good.
Speaker 1: This one tried, this one tried the outfit. The shirts work, they aren't too baggy every there. I was, actually, this is really odd, but I was actually really impressed with some of it. Maybe it's comparative, like I compared it to three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: It's I was like, hey, those look like maybe they're tailored or someone bought three pairs and gave it like hey here try this, Like oh, it actually looks pretty good. All right, I guess we'll do that. That was the conversations I've had a weird conversation with myself, but yeah, it's yeah, it was nice. It was just nice watching some So in the third one, No one tries, Hasselhoff doesn't try. Nobody tries. It's it's a really embarrassing endeavor.
Speaker 2: Four.
Speaker 1: I think some people tried, and that's enough for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm happy they tried and they made a fun film. Like there's so many these films. Well, I'm just kind of willing it to end, just to get through it. I was having a good time with this month. I was this on holiday, I was on vacation. I didn't think I was gonna have any good signal, but I did. My wife having a nap and I watched and I go on the trailer blood on vacation and I didn't. It was not the worst part of my vacation, which was a risk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you live on you live life on the edge, Jay did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure. The worst part was my dog's rolling in too many cow pats. It was an awful part of the vacation. A deer pooped in my driveway today, sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then oh man, I opened up my grill the other day to cook. There's a rat mouse living in there.
Speaker 2: Well, a bunch of mouse living under our sink.
Speaker 1: So I had to take everything out, clean it, put on full blast twenty minutes, sanitize it because there's just rat poop everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yep, I have done that three times. We've had a mouse. I don't think it's the same one, but we keep on getting mice under our sink. We would get one and I clean it on out. I cat. We catch the mouse humanly and I can release it in the woods and then come back and another one. It's a different mouse. I took a picture of each time. The second one did the same thing, and we now have a third one and I can't be bothered anymore. We're going to do some renovations next year, which will sort out where this mouse is coming from. But until then, there's too many places that could be coming from. We came back from vacation and our ceiling had collapsed in our We've got an underground portion of our house, just the ceilings. Wow, it's fine, you don't want to cry, right, we're planning on renovating it. It's just the builders can't do it till next year. So we're just gonna not have that room for a year. And that's fine.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's helping you out. You don't have to get there and all down.
Speaker 2: It's a downstairs extension toilet room and it collapsed on top of the toilet. No, so like it could have been a lot worse. I could have been using it.
Speaker 1: You had a flood down there.
Speaker 2: You're also bad. Time for you sometimes time for you get my Sure, my wife who was terrified of snakes, who will not go into a room that a snake has ever been in. You feel the presence, like if she if she knows a snake has been there, she won't. Like when we were looking at houses years ago, she wouldn't go into it if she found out. We went into the lounge and there was a tank in there, and she was in that tank and it was a terrible It was fine if it had been a snake, then we would never have looked at the rest of the house. It's just off the cuts. She will not move into a house where she knows people have had a snake. Fair enough, it could still be there. You don't know. Sure, Snake, Go Snake. That's a film.
Speaker 1: Super mm hm.
Speaker 2: I want to see ghost Snake now. I want to see ghost Snake. We had Ghost Shark with a good snake. Is it just about a snake skins? It's that's like a pop at a snake skin around the film.
Speaker 1: There's something wrong with the snake.
Speaker 2: There's something wrong with a snake. It's dead, it's undead.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but there's just something wrong with the snake. I'm picturing Christian Slater saying this just over and over again.
Speaker 2: It's got unfinished business.
Speaker 1: I think this snake has some unfinished business. There's something wrong with it.
Speaker 2: You don't sound enough like Nicholson.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm trying to do Slater. Is that I'm not doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine, but he like he is Norber, he sounds like Nicholson. You can't do Norbert's.
Speaker 1: Impersonation of Christian Slater is incredible.
Speaker 2: At least said no.
Speaker 1: No, We did a hard ranging episode where he's just like Slater the whole time.
Speaker 2: It's really great. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I know what Jay, No regrets for this one. No regrets for this.
Speaker 2: I think it should have been called Trail of Serum, trailer blood. I get it, it's the blood or kid, but what they're doing is looking for serum the whole time. Uh, And it's like trailer of blood. That's a different film. That's something else.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That bothered me. You see, usually leaving his sunglasses went for a business meeting. I hated him straight away, so soon.
Speaker 1: He works twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: J always there. Just there's a driving sequence with using walking talking between the cars that irritated me for I don't know why. I just why are they doing this? And then they get stuck by a tree. There's a fallen tree, and they're like, oh, I guess we'll walk in. I reckon, they probably do. They not drive around. There's muddy. Yeah, that they just leave their cars in the middle of the road and take all their gear and just leave the cars. You know what.
Speaker 1: Though It works though, because they get the car later they do. Yes, Yeah, there's some story there. Someone in the script wrote there's cars there stuck on one side, but there's cars on the other side. I'm like, oh, yes.
Speaker 2: And when Jackson gets to the base camp and there's dead bodies there, he then runs back to the rest of the group and he says, so like to Scott, there's dead people there, and Scott insists they keep going back to the camp where everyone's dead. When they get there, all the bodies are gone, and he's like, well, I reckon. Some of them died and the rest of them are carrying their bodies downhill. How that's a hmmm, it's a theory, I guess. But then then get to the But then they get to the dig and that's where all the bodies are. So did the snake take all the bodies downhill and eat him?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Got do that.
Speaker 1: Scott's kind of a bozo.
Speaker 2: When he became like a main character, I was like, why is this? This guy should have died like three seams ago. Where is he still? Is he still here? Romantic lead?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When he gets hot in that in that she shed, I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you ask me, Scott. He becomes a lead. And then Alex, who was established as like the our audience surrogate character early on, just gets forgotten about and sure that again at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah you much.
Speaker 2: There are just slightly too many characters. I think they could have amalgamated some of them, Like when Amanda knocks her up out and Alex goes to help and his well, he leaves it. He does to get help, but his phone and his keys just falls so neatly out of his pocket as he runs away, and he runs and he finds his car gets in No keys can't start it, So like sleeps there next day, leaves the car runs away. Seconds later, Amanda has woken up and arrives out of the car, which with the keys in the phone is so convenient, So like, well, how does she even know which direction to run in?
Speaker 1: She just picked?
Speaker 2: She just started running a direction it happened to be where the car was. And then it's just the two of them running or driving in directions with the snake chasing either of them, and Amanda is doing a drive by shooting on the snake.
Speaker 1: She shoots the guy about twenty times.
Speaker 2: Yeahs, it's a city film.
Speaker 1: I liked it. And then Wendy. Yeah, Wendy didn't need to be there.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what he was doing running away and getting shot by the black guys, that's what when he was doing.
Speaker 1: Wendy works though. Man, she's in the show called Adella one hundred and fifty eight episodes. She's another one for fifty six episodes.
Speaker 2: That's Anka ANDRONI and Andron make that money. Sure, Yeah, it's a city film. It's better than Anaconda three. Where's it compared an anacon to two? Anacondo's to you?
Speaker 1: Anaconda twos is kind of boring. It's just like, uh, there's no joy in it. It's it's a handsome production. I think they everyone who worked on it made a technically polished film. The actors are fine, but no one really there's no there's no personality to it. Like the first Anaconda has personality. The second film is just a technically polished, boring fine movie. The third ones is garbage. So yeah, I would brank for it too. I would go one four three No, one four two three.
Speaker 2: I agree, yeah for the reason stated Yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: Two is just kind of boring. But it looks good and that messnary guy. I still think about his quote sometimes and laugh from the.
Speaker 2: Movie, very intense guy. Yeah there's no fun, no, yeah, yeah, But then but then Hasselhoff was trying to be too much fun, so you gotta, yeah, you gotta play, play it to thread the needle.
Speaker 1: He didn't care though, Like there's so Parker Posey in Blade Trinity. She's off the change, like she's just that movie's really I have no idea what you take a franchise away from Wesley Snipes and just add so he's a guy who doesn't talk, and then you add in a woman who doesn't talk and listens to headphones and then a motormouth guy. It's the craziest idea, like in that movie Parker Posey's just out of her mind. But she does it in a way that's good, Like she is interesting. She like even John Voight and Anaconda. He he understands the assignment, even John Boyton Megalopolis, like he kind of understands how to be. But Hasselhoff just did not care. That's the problem, Like, does that make sense? He just did not he didn't care or try.
Speaker 2: Absolutely still annoy Yeah, as it should, and it will forever. You'll never let this one and it will forever. It will forever, this says, you'll you know.
Speaker 1: It's crazy though. This has a it's a two point nine and a kind of three years a two point eight. So that makes me happy. And it has a better tomato meter storch, so that makes me happy. Is this movie good?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is it better than the one before it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, absolutely, it's better than one before that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uneven franchised Jay very much so.
Speaker 2: And this isn't where it ends. I mean it kind of is. But also there is Anaconda versus Lake Placid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta get to the ground.
Speaker 2: We will I don't. I don't know whether which we should do the other like Placid films as well, I don't know if I want to. And I didn't like the first one.
Speaker 1: Lindon Ashby was an eighty eight episodes of teen Wolf.
Speaker 2: Well who wasn't honestly, I mean.
Speaker 1: I was a swim coach in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go. I didn't even watch it.
Speaker 1: I like Lyndon Ashby though I love him in Moral on that. I think he's perfect in that movie. So my big thing is the nineteen ninety five one. Any of them, Oh man, it's cheeky and it's fun, and the final fight's actually really good. The people say the fights aren't great, but they brought in some of the best people from like Hong Kong and around the world to work on it. They shot on location. Paul W. S Anderson's smart from like Christopher Lambert. He was only supposed to shoot the studio stuff, and they're like, well, you don't have to come to location. He's like, screwed, I'll come with you, guys. So he just went over there and shot for free. And he's just cheeky in it. And then they didn't have enough money for a crew party at the end, so he just paid for a hole.
Speaker 2: Hey you have nice.
Speaker 1: It's a good movie. It's a fun movie. It's the the best comic book no video game adaptation ever.
Speaker 2: Ah Okay, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: Also, if you watch Mortal Kombat too, it's fun. Man, Carl Urban's having the time of his life in a good way.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I should I watch the first one first man, like that tournament. I remember you, you're being on I listened to you on out Now with our episode and you start talking about it and then you pivot and like, we watched this film and then after that we don't watch The Flight Attendant Kady Quoco, and yeah, it's a.
Speaker 1: Pretty good and well, there's nothing to talk about about the first Mortal Combat. Nothing nothing to talk about. So that's why that's why I think, just skip it, go to the second Okay, done or j you're gonna you're gonna like it. It's very silly, okay. And the Flight Attendant, I mean, the first season was really good. The second. The second season was a little bit of a stretch, but I like spending time with those people in that World.
Speaker 2: It's one of these shows that my wife started watching without me and carried on and I was like, Okay, fine, I don't need to watch everything.
Speaker 1: I think that Kalle is just printing checks TV shows, commercials. Respect she has.
Speaker 2: She done a film's have most deep seadjacent film. That's fine.
Speaker 1: Swim fan two.
Speaker 2: Still swim In, still a fan of.
Speaker 1: She did Hot Pop, Cougar Club, Ali, Cat Strike, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Road Chip Ye Virtue, not nks Man from.
Speaker 2: Toronto, Rats go to Paris the movie Why Him?
Speaker 1: She's in Shark Knight. She's not in Shark Knight? Was she cast in Shark Knight? And then yeah, the official Shark Knight three? They're saying that she's in it. It's not that's not true. She dressed up like a shark, a baby shark.
Speaker 2: Uh. Okay. She was in Quicksand No Escape. That's Quicksand No Escape. A hard working architect is pulled into intrigue when his wife hires a private destcator investigator to make sure he's just working late. The private I sees an opportunity to frame him for a murder instead, Double Sutherland Tim matheson Felicity halfman.
Speaker 1: Wait, she's in a Harley Quinn season two, episode three, trapped and she does voice work with Lake Bell.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I don't think we can count that.
Speaker 1: Wait, King Shark isn't it? So there it is Harley Quinn season two, episode three, and King Shark pops.
Speaker 2: Up Katie Kirker is most DeepC does and project, sure, there we did it. We did it good and just checking because maybe no, I don't think there's anything it does. And it's a show that definitely jumped the sharp.
Speaker 1: See Someone Couch and it made billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: It did, And to be fair, I've watched every episode. So some actors just haven't reached that point in the career where they're in sharp movies. But kaytie, we believe in you. You can get And so listener say this is your first listening to the show. Every time we cover a new film, because this is deeply See the podcast, I go through and work out how deep all the actually takes place at how blue are the on screen is, and how much it takes place at sea. Deeply See is, of course, on average, approximately fourteen and a half meters of forty seven and a half feet deep, about thirty one percent blue, and eighty nine percent of it takes place at sea. Mark, do you think Anaconda's trailer blood is deeper, bluer and more at sea than deeply se No, of course not. It's it never goes on the ground. They're never at sea. Oh sorry, it does go on the ground in like the Serum dungeon. I counted that as being like a couple of floors down, but that's about it. So it works out its yeah, by Canada's ground level. I'm not going, yeah, the mountains were like relevant. I think I facted that anyone did Cliffhanger because that's that was like relevant. If they were at level, that would be fine. Exactly. So this works out being point six four meters or just over two feet up in the air, which means it's slightly higher than Shark to Puss, slightly lower than an attack of the meth Gator. Blueness not not at all. One point six eight percent blue, so bluer than die Hard to less blue than the Strangest. Chapter two, another film heavily set in the woods and never at sea. Not a single second see either, represent along with like half the films we covered, maybe maybe this year repedile films not at sea. Who knew thematically? Question question?
Speaker 1: So, all right, Mexico City or Denver, mile high cities, XO cities a little higher than that, you wouldn't count, like you wouldn't count the hot So if you're in Mexico City, the elevation is high, but you're not counting anything until you're like in the second story of a building or you are walking up.
Speaker 2: The Yes, it is an inconsistent system.
Speaker 1: I agree, And no, that makes sense because it just makes sense. Like Mexico City, you don't want to add an elevation would be a nightmare.
Speaker 2: And there's there's some some films where we just don't know where they're set. What do I do take an average of all land? Un't like, Yeah, some films I don't know. It's just odd. And then I just do what I do what I can and you do you do great, And I think that's going to have to do.
Speaker 1: I think you know.
Speaker 2: That's going to happen. We're looking more for the deep, the deeper films, rather than the higher films. So it's when the films like underwater, underground, and deep, that's when I pay more attention to it when we're just up in the air and when we're right on land. That's not that's not what this podcast is.
Speaker 1: Fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's fairly arbitrary.
Speaker 1: I just want to clarify because I got I got World Cup on the brain. In the first game, you're going to be in Mexico City.
Speaker 2: I see that's taka.
Speaker 1: No, it's not thematically deep bluer or they're not lost. None of these characters are humans.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, agreat these.
Speaker 1: Aren't these these aren't people. No, even though the cargo pants fit better, there's still not people.
Speaker 2: Agreed. Great, well, that I think will do it for Anaconda's Trail of Blood mark, do you have any any plugs?
Speaker 1: This flew by flew by? This is this is good.
Speaker 2: We can keep going if you want, if you have if you have more notes.
Speaker 1: No, I'm done. I won't spend more time with this movie. Well, yeah, a good movie. If you go to good Chase Roynolds page. I got a bunch of fun stuff coming a bunch of like three things coming up there, two things, and then another thing, and then I got more rotten tomato stuff coming up. So just and then Moviess and flicks. You know what, leave a review too, guys and are people snakes?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: No matter what elevation you live at, write a review, please great.
Speaker 2: My sight is life as this film dot com. You can follow this show o over social media at deep Blue, seapod dot email us deep spot at gmail dot com. Next week Market's Happening. It's finally happening. Next week is deep Water. It's it's been out for ages, but I finally it's finally coming out in the UK. I'm getting it now. I'm going to see this film. We're going to talk about it next week, and I can't wait because I've already had to for so long. Rennie Harlan's deep Water, his second shock film. He's back on the water. We're gonna talk about it next Week's come back for that. But as four Aniconda's Trail of Blood.
Speaker 1: I have been Jake Lewis, you gotta listen to the song Finally It's happened to me from the ninety ninety song before you watch Deepwater. J I feel like that's appropriate before you watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll do who sings? I'm aware of the song? Who sings that song?
Speaker 1: What's the Finally song nineteen BC Peniston Yep, Okay, finally, that's sure, it's happening.
Speaker 2: I just cannot hide it. So come back next week and to hey see how thematically the relevant that song is when we talk about deep water.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: I have been Jake, Jake Lewis, Mark Halfmeyer, will deeply see you next week.
Speaker 1: Sign ou