Speaker 1: Hi. My name is Tom Welling.
Speaker 2: I played Clark Kent on Smallville and you are listening to Always Hold On to Smallville.
Speaker 3: Welcome Always Onto Smallville. In this podcast, we talk about each in every episode of the Young Superman Show. And we're from two thousand and one to twenty eleven on the WB and the CW. I'm your host, Zach Moore, and we're back with mail Bag number.
Speaker 1: Thirteen, Part one, Part one. You heard him, You Love Him.
Speaker 4: We're joined by Lance Laster from Always Ald on the Arrow and Nick Ryan Macdoze.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be a mail bag without Nick. Welcome back, Nick.
Speaker 2: It's god to be back.
Speaker 1: It's glad to be back.
Speaker 5: Indeed, it's a fresh episode today.
Speaker 1: Oh right.
Speaker 3: We have emails, messages, podcast reviews, correspondence, we have him here and we're gonna read them out for you. And it's a really enjoyable Uh.
Speaker 1: I was enjoying this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Nick, how are you on watching Smallville?
Speaker 5: My favorite question, it's the it's every single time it comes up and nowhere it hasn't changed since the last time we've asked that question.
Speaker 1: You haven't watched since two thousand and four. So what you're telling me no, to be fair, the first happened to Kloe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the first couple of seasons I did rewatch, But since then I have felt fall enough.
Speaker 1: Are you more of a marvel you guy?
Speaker 2: These days?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Neither. It's just whatever is on and it's entertaining these days.
Speaker 1: It's fair. I feel the same way about politics. Let's move on. So let's go to.
Speaker 3: Our first message. We have a five star Apple podcast review. I guess I'm gonna call it Apple Podcasts giving in not iTunes. Anybody hasn't been iTunes in years. I can't even open my old iTunes libraries anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I spent so much time like curating that stuff and making it just right, and like with the album art, so it looked a certain way, and now all that effort is gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the files are still there, the folders, but it's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I completely switch over streaming at one point. I use YouTube music. I'm not even a Spotify.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not a physical media person. What happens to you?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: Know? The Internet? What do you do?
Speaker 2: I have downloaded playlists?
Speaker 4: They allow you to do that.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's true. Spotify, let you gentle on, yeah too.
Speaker 4: Just gotta pay you gotta pay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So let's read our first five star Apple Podcasts review from Josh Ems titled awesome podcast. I love how they talk about the show. I have never read any Superman comics, so it is fun to hear their insight.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks, Josh.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we've encouraged you to pick up some Superman combooks. If if not, that maybe Smallville season eleven.
Speaker 4: Alrighty The next is a five star review on Apple Podcasts from Rocky eleven title I found some new podcast friends. Found this podcast the rewatching small Ble on Hulu in August of twenty twenty three. I started in season seven since that was where I was in my rewatch. I love the banter between the guest host and Zach. I love that we all don't agree on different aspects of the show, but all love the show overall. Keep up the good work because we still have a season and a half to go.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks, Rocky, I believe it. We have some emails from you as well. Down the road here we'll get to you. So thank you for that five star review. I think we're sitting at a four point nine. Okay, right now, nice, we have two hundred something reviews.
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: Is that a lot?
Speaker 2: I think that's a lot. That's a lot. I think that's enough to make changes on a rotten tomake. Keep saying that, but you forget it.
Speaker 3: You go figure it out for me and I'll do it all right, so I can start review bombing stuff.
Speaker 2: There you go. I don't think it would be bombing if it's true.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing, right, view bombing works both ways, where it's like, oh man, I really want this to do well, so I'm going to give it one hundred percent. Oh I really hate this. I'm going to give it zero percent. People don't don't tell me that doesn't happen on both sides, right, But no, I keep it.
Speaker 1: I keep it a one hundred right, Yes, that's what the was it? Right? That is?
Speaker 4: That is the phrase?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Anyway, But I think when now we've moved on to standing on business is the newer one.
Speaker 2: No cap no cap that's been around for a while.
Speaker 3: It's a wild time, right, Well again, thanks Rocky and uh leading off with to Apple Podcasts review here. As Nick always tells me, either every time he sees me or every time we do one of these, it.
Speaker 1: Might be on an off microphone.
Speaker 3: Apparently, if you have a certain amount of reviews somewhere and you're consistent enough of your publication, you can become an official certified reviewer on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 2: And I'm probably gonna still bring it up even after.
Speaker 3: Well, guys done so overwritten, Like I fundamentally disagree with what that website represents and what it has done for criticism of film, but I would gladly be a certified Sure.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I want you to take the next one.
Speaker 5: Nick. Yeah, and we got an email here from our Corey Moore.
Speaker 1: Our Corey Moore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our we know Corey Moore very well. It's a friend, the legend.
Speaker 1: No relation.
Speaker 5: His emails chyled happy New Year twenty two, twenty four, long time, no message. When it comes to sports, I'm very superstitious. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Right, superstitious not on the ball to look, do not know any more of the lecture.
Speaker 2: I just know the superstitious.
Speaker 1: But who's saying that song? Oh man, that was softball?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it.
Speaker 1: I'm just okay, oh well this is it? Okay.
Speaker 3: He wears sunglasses. You got a fifty to fifty shot. Don't say the wrong one.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say it because I don't I don't want to be wrong.
Speaker 1: It was Ray Charles. Let's keep going, Okay, I had it right in my head so serious, right, No, No, that was Stevie Wonder. That was Stevieee. That was a test and you failed. All right, rafter a great star.
Speaker 5: Anyways, he goes on, you know what I'm talking about, right, For example, if you play a great game about basketball, then you wear the same shorts next time, or coming off the baseball field, never stepping on the foul line, chalk, etc. Early on in our fantasy football league, my team devoted to cad Or Raid was three to three on the early season. Around that time, I was gonna message you, but I was in the stretch of a two game winning streak. I thought, surely don't call me. Surely I've won back to back games because I forgot to message Zach this weekend. So I decided not to message you until I lost the game. Ridiculous, right, Well, little did I know my team would go on a ten game winning streak and lead the league. So I'm now just sending you a message because it's official. I've lost one game away from the super Bowl. My ten game winning streak is over, and my heart is ripped out and stepped on by none other than Lance. Oh Lance, whyde be the land? He is now in the super Bowl against keV. Great job you guys, and I can't wait to see who wins.
Speaker 1: Who did win? Lance?
Speaker 2: keV?
Speaker 1: I was rooting for you, I was on record.
Speaker 2: I appreciate keV. I'm I was rooting for you, but I wasn't on record. He continues.
Speaker 5: Great job on your season nine reviews, and I've listened to them all. That was pretty cool that you had Jeff Johns as a guest. No, not the Jeff Johns from the Recruit episode, but the comic book writer up up in the way more ten game winning streaks.
Speaker 2: Ps. Lance, is my lex luthor now? Or am I his Lex luthor? Haha?
Speaker 4: Well we are both double l's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh?
Speaker 1: Would you just realize that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did excellent.
Speaker 1: You never realized his name was a double level four?
Speaker 2: No, I actually did. Well, I know his name, and actually.
Speaker 3: It's a bit I just want everybody to realize that we'll come in here and say, Nick, want you say some really silly stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make funny wrong and I would be laugh.
Speaker 5: This is all just no, I've always known your name, but I just never thought about ll huh like yeah.
Speaker 3: That's all our best friends, all right? Well thank you Corey. Yes, keV one Fantasy football always son football last season and uh Wellance got second place?
Speaker 4: Do you need the solid number two if you're not fresh to last?
Speaker 1: That's what I heard.
Speaker 3: I would know because I think I was last Fantasy. All right, So we have a Spotify comment from Maya Dean on episode nine seven. Candor personally enjoyed Sorry like a week behind, just got on this episode, and I'm really loving the season so far. I enjoyed knowing more about Jirel and his hardship.
Speaker 1: Was Zod? I love Zod this season?
Speaker 3: Yes, that was the big flashback episode to cryptommy a little backstory With than this, Joel and Zod get fleshed out Zod's motivations a bit. You know, he had a wife and son who died and wanted he wanted Drew to clone his son and Dreel and do it. So so he holds that against Joerel. So that that's that's really cool wrinkle for this version of n and Girel for Zod to kind of hold that against Joel's son, and I really like to Odd was a great villain. He's to me, he's the best non lex Nonlinel villain of the show. So when you ever watched these nine dick, you'll enjoy it. Yeah, so thank you for that comment.
Speaker 4: Yep. Oh, we have another Spotify comment here. This is from Panther Benjamin uh titled Superman Special number twenty five Superman Legacy Casting Part.
Speaker 1: Three academic called Superman Legacy. That was episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, loving all the content y'all made number two on my podcast Spotify rap beating out Talkville interestingly enough our spent list thing while i'm five star podcasts.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks Panther Benjamin. Yeah, I often listen to podcasts when I'm doing the artwork, so I get that. I feel that we probably beat out talk Field because our episodes are three times as long.
Speaker 1: There's that. That's probably that's a good reasonably.
Speaker 5: All right, And now we have another Apple podcast five star are from a fan of Zach titled Great Insight Love hearing the clearly passionate fans speak on timeless hero and classic show. Zach's a great podcast host.
Speaker 1: Well thanks a fan of Zach, I wonder I know who this is? Actually?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, was it you? Was it you?
Speaker 3: You know, asking for a friend shout out to us or not?
Speaker 2: That's who?
Speaker 1: That is? So nice? All right?
Speaker 3: So hey, here's our email from from from Rocky Tomlin has promised. Email says, always hold on to Superman and Lois.
Speaker 1: Oh look at that? Look at that?
Speaker 3: Hello happy twenty twenty four, Still twenty twenty four, as its recording.
Speaker 1: Could mean anything.
Speaker 3: I'm enjoying your podcast on Superman on Lois mainly because since you were watching it as it happens, you can't spoil the finale every episode.
Speaker 1: Surplay.
Speaker 3: I also like that I can actually watch ahead because I just started last month. You can watch a few episodes a week and then listen to the podcast having more knowledge than you allow me to really enjoy your speculation about the show and whether you're wrong or right, or if they use our com book knowledge against us. It's a common phrase that I mentioned when it comes to these CW shows. It's like time traveling in a way to me, because I know you've watched the whole show now up until season four, which as of this email, had just started filming. Now, the main reason I'm emailing I just started watching season three, and in the podcast, I'm only to the season two finale, so I'm devastated by the recast of Jonathan Kent. Now, my wife and son watch General Hospital. Every once in a while, they will temporarily recast someone who is sick or had something come up, but we get the original actor back, or they do recast permanently, like the character Franco on General Hospital with James Franco, but then change to a different actor but it is still Franco. I haven't seen on a big budget primetime showlie this, especially when the actors all had great chemistry for two seasons. Now they have this new actor looks different and doesn't have the same screen chemistry with everyone so far.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It seems like they could have just written him off, like you definitely want them to do.
Speaker 1: With the Sophie Watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the best part of that show. Although when you are binge watching all of them together, the Sophie Watch really isn't that big of a deal. But I do enjoy it. On the podcast, so do we now? The next part is just for me? In season one, Talroad definitely destroyed the console and Crystal in the Fortress. Also, its location was no longer secret, neither was the Desert Fortress, so it definitely makes sense that he had to make a new one. Another thing from season two when they flashed back to Talroad meaning Ilana in the bar on the Bizarro inverse world, Kyle is playing pool the square pool balls, so if you're paying attention to the pool game, you blink and you miss him. I don't even know if they will ever go back there, because I'm only one episode in the season three, so we will see again. Love the show. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Rocky from Texas Well, thanks Rocky in the Hospital. It's funny mentioned that because my mom watched that when I was a kid, so therefore I watched a lot of it through osmosis, and yes, I remember like when somebody would change. It's like the character Jason is now being played by Sue, and so I'm like, oh, well that guy's gone.
Speaker 4: You know, Well you know who they haven't changed, Steve.
Speaker 1: He's on General Hospital.
Speaker 2: Believe, So yeah, that's still going.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the opera's work.
Speaker 3: Man, Days of our lives, they're just gone forever, hundreds and thousands of episodes, five five a week, forever. Yeah, I you know, I I really liked the first Johnathan Kin. I think that character, that actor was one of the highlights of the first two seasons. I was like, whenever they recast them, I'm like, really, you can't write off a character like that. It's a twin brother and there's two. I mean, like, you can't do like. I don't know how else they would have gone about it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, and apparently, you know, whatever was going on in the actors's personal life, he seems to figure it out and he's still he's I've seen him be friends again with the cast and all that. So if they had any issues, they've kind of ironed the mouths, the least publicly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's good to see. So so that's what you hate, don't like, Oh man, what really happened? There is people mad at each other's some rift there. I think the new guy is really good. I mean, I guess there's two ways to do it right. You could try to, like cast someone who looks exactly like him and has him like, hey, act exactly like this guy, or can say, let's just capture the energy of what this character she means. You know, I think, I mean, they're very different, but I like them.
Speaker 1: I like them both.
Speaker 4: I did too, And it is a shame of that first act because I really liked him too. I got to meet him when I.
Speaker 1: You had a picture with the twins, I did the O G Twins.
Speaker 4: So uh. And then when they when they rec Like the funny thing is like I found out about the recasting stuff like a month after.
Speaker 3: That takes you a lot more viable now, it sure is. Sure, that's that's the tradition of Superman shows. They're always recasting people. Even in the Eventure of Superman, the nineteen fifty show with George Reaves, the recast Littles Lane.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Then and the super Boys show they recast super Boy and likes Luthor, you know. And then in Lewis and Clark they recast Jimmy Olsen and Small Bold. They never really recast her by They like the whole plastic surgery wants the Morgan edge and that was like, that's a guest start. Like the main characters ever had to be recast. I don't know what they would have done in season ten if micro Rosmom didn't come back. They might have actually just had to do it just to like, well, we have to resolve, we have to resolve the Starry now they did. I mean, they did have Kinsey Gray play Lex and the season ten premiere. Yeah, but that's a little again, that's like, all right, we're working towards Lex. He's a he's an old clone, guys. But uh, anyway, I'll have to say no, I I really he mentions how I really like that character. First, I was like, it was probably morgana edge just using your compag knowledge against you again like you said earlier, but turned out to be one of the best characters. I love Uncle tow and I hope he comes back for season four. I don't want to look up if he's there or not, because I'm gonna be disappointed when inevitably to find out, No, he's not gonna back. But I guess he did go off to that bizarre worth at the end of he that's where he is, so we get at least you can say that's where he went instead of being like, uh, where is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, are you are you watching Shumane Lowis?
Speaker 5: No, no, but actually should this This particular email heads me interested.
Speaker 2: It has me peaked good. So it's all in season four now, or it's about it's.
Speaker 3: About to be season four later this year, okay, and it's the final season.
Speaker 2: Because I was like, oh, they did all of that in the first season, as.
Speaker 1: He clearly says, their second season.
Speaker 5: No, no, I knew what happened the first season, but I was just saying that a lot more happened in the second one.
Speaker 1: It's a really good show. Do you have Max?
Speaker 2: I do not. I don't have any streaming things, right except for YouTube.
Speaker 3: Although you were just talking about how you're like mister streamer.
Speaker 4: That was music.
Speaker 2: That was music.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it's on Max. Okay, it's also on physical media, but you're against that, as I understand it.
Speaker 5: I don't have anything that can play well, I guess my P five. But you have one of those, so I guess I could go that route, or I just find a friend with Max.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if you look around here you might find a friend with Max.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, we will talk later.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thanks again for that email. Rocket I'm glad you're enjoining. I always want to Superman low It's it's one of our favorite projects here as well, and looking forward to season four. Only ten more episodes. That's right, I know Sarah's really excited. There's only ten more.
Speaker 4: Next, we have an email from Ken Crowley Junior. What's up Kenny, So listener feedback. Always hold on to Smallville. Hello, Zach and friends. I've been catching up on the past episodes of the podcast, but now caught up been rewatching my favorite episodes of Smallville and the DCTV aerover shows like Superman and Lois and Supergirl. By the way, WB Home Entertainment still needs Superman season three on Blu ray disc right now that hopefully, now that the writer and actor strikes are over with, we can get the past seasons of TV shows on Blu ray disc and DVD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is out now.
Speaker 3: I own it on there is nice as I support physical media.
Speaker 2: There it is, I probably should.
Speaker 4: Here are my final thoughts on the DCEU DC Extended Universe film.
Speaker 1: You're the perfec person. We don't plan this at all. This is it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: From twenty thirteen to twenty twenty three. Keep in mind I have yet to see Aquaman in the Lost Kingdom yet, getting it on four k U h D Blue ray disc in.
Speaker 1: March Tiscal Media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the DCU had a ton of good concepts and ideas, but ultimately it just did not work out as well as it could have been, and it was wasted potential. Sure, we got some great films like Wonder Woman, aquamanages Am, plus Zack Snyder's Cut Up Justice Leag.
Speaker 1: Those are my top four, So I agree with you through ranking. They're kiddy not necessarily that order, but I agree with that. There is my top four, my mount Rushmore if you will. Oh did you see EU? But yours too? I think? Is it.
Speaker 4: Of those films?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any of these whilps?
Speaker 2: I've seen the first three, I still have not.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the Snyder cut.
Speaker 5: I have not seen the Snyder cut. Remember I told you. I think we talked about this before. Somebody somebody can email and say that, but h I The version that my friends wanted me to watch was the black and white version, and we were a watch it online on Discord and I just fell asleep.
Speaker 1: Watching it as Jack watching online on Discord.
Speaker 5: All right, that's what they wanted to do that night. It was probably already one o'clock and I fell asleep.
Speaker 4: Just hilarious.
Speaker 2: AFK guy in a different channel.
Speaker 4: Look, I've even seen it in black and white.
Speaker 1: You watched it in black and white? Yeah, well look at you?
Speaker 3: All right, welcome aboard. I watched them black and white once too, and I was like, well, this doesn't need to be black and white.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I think that's what drew me away. It is like, this doesn't have to be black and white, but I have to get around to watching it. Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 4: Anyway. So plus Zack snyders cut in the Justice League, but for me as a whole good try, but needed to be great. Compare that to the cw DC TV era verse, which felt more like those early DC Silver age and Bronze age, plus the New fifty two comic books. The TV it felt like those the TV show's flaws and all did so much better than the DCEU on the big screen. Can I get an amen?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: Overall because the darker tone the DCEU, aside from the three films, just did not do it for me. It fell way below the DCAU and the DCTV Aero Verse, and I don't plan on revisiting the films anytime soon. Also, the DCEU felt more like the New fifty two comics, which were a hit and miss for me, and I just did not like the way they handled Henry Cavill Superman and the DCEU w B would not let him be Superman, be Superman, be the character and it showed plus not having him enough. As Clark Kent, I find your podcast, guys, very entertaining and I love it every week. Keep up the super amazing work, guys. We're all part of the same team and always hold on the small Ville Sincerely, longtime DCTV Smallville and Superman fan Kenny Crowle Junior from Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, that's You're the perfect person to read that email.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: That's great, so well, thanks Kenny. Yeah, and I like the DCU more than Lance. Yes, but I do agree with those being the top four films. And Nick, what did you think about the dc Are you glad it's over?
Speaker 1: Are you sad?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of indifferent.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed the movies that I watched just for like entertainment purposes. Uh, but it didn't really feel as cohesive that it should be.
Speaker 2: But we'll see what the.
Speaker 1: New diplomatic answer. It's okay to have some real opinions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, Unfortunately I don't have opinions. That's how I am a very middle around fence guy. I mean, if anything, Adam with the Rock with the Rock, Oh yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: What did you think?
Speaker 2: I really liked it?
Speaker 5: I know, yeah, I completely forgot about that movie though.
Speaker 4: Actually there there lies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, there lies a problem. I've completely forgotten me.
Speaker 1: It is one of the most generic, forgetable mid movies of all time. But I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: It was enjoyable. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a great post credit scene, didn't.
Speaker 4: Let's all right, poor man man, poor guy.
Speaker 1: Al Right, Well, thanks kidding. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: All right, And now we got an Apple podcast review five stars by bisc Underscore L nine nine one two. It's a legends review. Great job, love listening, he said, the three of you doing this review.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think this is Eddie Bissell, who's one of our listeners, and awesome it's been on the show as well, and I think he said, well, he's talking about the episode Legends when I had Jeff Johnson. So it's me and Jeff Johns and my friend John Brody who was making Yeah, John really coming through making these connections. Now connect us with Sam Whitber, now, connect us with Jeff Johns for friends with all that now and that was that was really fun. Jeff Johns is my favorite comic writer, so it was really fun talking to him about that episode. And he's going to be back for Booster this season. It all goes well, schedules allowed. He's a busy guy, but yeah, we're gonna make it work in our schedules if we can. So uh yeah, that was that was a lot of fun. And that was, you know, part two of a two party he worked on. This will just when he's back for Booster, just be that just one that one episode. Yeah, he's a nice split society and Legends into two is just to have more content really because that's absolutely just do you know absolute justice small absolute justice?
Speaker 2: Nick not off the top of my head?
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't think.
Speaker 2: So you're asking me.
Speaker 1: Why you asked questions you.
Speaker 3: Send me anyway, Thanks Eddie uh for that five star Apple Podcast review. All right, have an email from Brandon Litele our of our new stats guys. Got three stats guys. I've got Corey Moore dare to win a and Brandon.
Speaker 4: Litele appreciate you have an analytics department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's we got Moneyball working over here. Analytics departments. Anyway, it goes.
Speaker 3: Always Hold on to Heroes is the title. Hey, Zach, I think it's funny how none of your guests have ever really watched past season two of Heroes.
Speaker 1: False?
Speaker 3: Well, I have you have? Really the only two If they've watch it, it all like you. I suck with it through all four seasons. Even though let's call it interesting direction they took a postseason two despite the baffling character in writing decisions they made, I still think Heroes is a really interesting take on the superhero genre. Every other different take relies heavily on evil Superman looking at you, the boys in Invincible, and it's gotten pretty stale.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: You may not really want to go do Heroes once Always on the smuvel is finished, But even if nobody listens, I'll be there to the whole rod. I enjoy that show and to be excited to hear your thoughts on it, so you can just rest assured you'll have at least one listener. Thanks again for all the content you've put out, Brandon litele.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I have joked about always on Heroes eight from day one, from the jump around here, because remember when I started the podcast Heroes, it had been relatively recently ended and Heroes Reborn was coming. Now there's been talk of a further continuation and I'm like, well, if they do that, I have to do it.
Speaker 2: And we don't have any celebrities doing rewatch.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's true. As soon as I started, it's gonna be uh my little how I've never been able to Mile Damilia and Aiden Panetary.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll we'll continued to always along the Heroes when we are another round here.
Speaker 1: So thanks Brandon.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, we have an email from Gretchen Clements. Hello from a new fan.
Speaker 2: Hi, Zach.
Speaker 4: My name is Gretchen. I've been binging always holding on a small bill and I felt compelled to write in after I listened to your episode on tune where you and Lance both said that you didn't know anybody named Gretchen Tragic. You also said that's a good name for a dead girl. I'll ignore that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Gretchen, I forget the context of that.
Speaker 2: David side as well.
Speaker 4: That was also a long time he Look, you're reading.
Speaker 1: This one again. We don't plan this all work out.
Speaker 4: But Gretchen, you'll be happy to know that I sat next to a pretty bad ass trombone player named Gretchen for about two and a half years. So you are now this second person name Gretchen that I know. Um, please d meet you. Continuing, I just started listening to your podcast a few weeks ago, and I'm so sorry I didn't start sooner. I remember hearing about it a few years back, but I had my doubts about the quality of a fan made show. I was so wrong. I've been listening to Talkville since it began, and I find it sort of enjoyable in its own way. But my not having an actual fan on the show, I feel they miss out on so much. That frustration led me to finally listen to your show, and I really love it. It's been great hearing you guys lovingly pick on all the silly little things about the show. You guys get it. Thank you one last thing, if you are ever in southwest Missouri. I recommend checking out this little Superman Museum ice cream parlor. I discovered it's called Carterville, population eighteen fifty five. I guess you could say it's a small vill I visited it there last year and got a drink called a Kryptonian Delight. I don't think they used real meteor rocks, though, because I didn't get any powers afterward or put on a chilling chiad outfit. Thanks again for making great a great show. Hopefully I will be caught up before you start the final season. Gretchen, not the one in the talent bathroom.
Speaker 3: It showed that. Not the one in the talent bathroom. All very goodson.
Speaker 1: I have read that episode in a while back.
Speaker 3: I haven't listened. I haven't really listened to that one. I should obviously. You know, we do so many of these, and you forget what you say, and they're always fun to revisit, and sometimes it's like, oh yeah, sometimes I feel like I could have said that yesterday, And sometimes it's like, wow, yeah, what you've been talking about. So you also include a couple of pictures in your email.
Speaker 1: I'll post that and our and our social media kryptonite delight is that drink?
Speaker 3: You know, the reference to the caterade from from devoted, So that's the where the cheerleading outfit joke comes from or not I can any powers, but no, I'll check out that that though, that that town and the Superman museum. Always gonna look out for a good Superman museum and get some ice cream.
Speaker 5: Eighteen fifty five is small, right, that's right. How how many kids was in our high school?
Speaker 1: About more than that more than that, right, two thousand at least at least.
Speaker 4: Right, because my graduating class was six eighty six, right, I think.
Speaker 3: Was about six hundred as well, So there you go, twenty five hundred, three thousand kids probably then do.
Speaker 1: The match that small town the h yeah, I mean small was like population. You know, you're driving a smallville.
Speaker 3: You know you're driving a small on the show people, And this is the big signs like population is like forty thousand, like forty thousands, like Sureland.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, climb at the top of the windmills downtown Houston, right exactly, just like our watchtow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks again for that Emailgrention.
Speaker 2: That was great, all right, now we have an email from Jan Rollings a passionate defense of season eight, and I said my passionate defense of season.
Speaker 1: Six Boilers Munich.
Speaker 5: So you haven't seen I'm sure I'll not remember any of this when I watch it, Zach. This is Jan Rollings. First off, I wanted to thank you for this awesome podcast. I just I covered this in the fall of last year and have been listening to it ever since. I haven't listened to every episode, but I've been hopping around randomly. I've been doing the same with the show proper, so I usually listen to your coverage for whatever batch of episodes I just binged. It's been so fun to listen to you talk about the show, Superman in general and everything else. It's also gotten me hook on digging for Kryptonite and all Stars super Fan.
Speaker 2: Shout out to our friends over there. Yeah, loved the little web of Superman shows.
Speaker 1: Y'all have no I love those two shows.
Speaker 3: All those guys do those shows of Anthony, Rob and Allen. Shout out to them, and yeah, I rebroadcast their posts because I love their shows and forward to them and Eddieah. If you were looking for other Superman content, definitely I recommend those two shows.
Speaker 5: So I was listening to some season eight coverage and I noticed that you seem to have season five really high and pretty down on Season eight second half, which drags the whole season down and in your overall rankings. As someone who loves season eight, I wanted to pin a passionate defense. Season five has obvious strengths, but as I rewatched several episodes from it last week, I found myself skipping large chunks of several episodes. I think the Clark Lawana drama is especially insufferable that season, and I think Clark himself becomes incredibly frustrating throughout season five. He's so whiny and passive. Several episodes Looking at You, Mercy and Hypnotic barely focus on him at all, and there's a huge chunk of season where he's not involved in the Brainiac plot whatsoever. This really hampers the season for me. Wellings brings charm where he can, but Clark's kind of a bummer. This gets even worse in season seven.
Speaker 1: I don't argue with you there, where Clark is.
Speaker 5: Almost a non entity while Brainiac, Veritas, Lionel, and Lex are all playing these fourth dimensional chess games about a guy who spends time looking MOPy in a bar. I find myself yelling at my TV for him to take some control over his life. Than that season it drives me insane compared to season eight, where Clark is absolutely on point. The writer's cleverly retcon season seven and honestly most of the college dropout years as this long depression existential crisis that Clark fell into after his dad died. I doubt that was the intention. Alan Miles probably just didn't want to take Clark too far, and we're thinking of ways to extend the show as well to keep it getting renewed, but it was a clever piece of writing. Clark in season eight is so good. He's proactive, strong willed, a good leader, funny, is invested in protecting complete strangers and not just as friends and family, and actually starts holding himself and the others to a strong moral code. He's no longer upon of the other characters, but is actually playing a chess game himself. See his brilliant manipulation of Oliver and Injustice. Yes, season eight falls apart plot wise at the end, but those weaker storylines are so much easier for me to swah. I have a protagonist that I can one hundred percent get behind and root for. Take Injustice again. This episode embodies some of Smallville's worst tendencies. It's awkwardly written around cast absences. It offers a pretty crappy payoff to what was a cool setup. This is our Injustice League, sure, Butcher's three Superman rogues that I love it very much feels like it's patting out the final stretch of the season. But I found this episode was incredibly enjoyable on this watch because Clark is so damn competent. He's rightfully holding Allian test for task, how moral and violent they've been acting. He puts together a truly smart and clever plant to save Davis and get rid of Doomsday. He manages to save Plastique and Parasite from getting suicide squatted.
Speaker 2: He truly feels.
Speaker 5: Like he's become Superman by this point, and I'd hold this episode's portrayal of Clark over all of Superman's DCEU appearances as a superior version and even without a costume, even when he's out of line in season eight, like giving Chloe's list of Metea or infected patients to the cops, or almost leaving his life in Metropolis behind to run away with Lana. It feels more reasonable. In the case of the former, he had just seen a dozen people get brutally killed and was desperate to stop more murders, and in the latter he is much more self aware and is berating himself for falling to the same traps by the start of the following episode. So while I can agree with your frustrations on Doomsday as a finale, I think season eight deserves some real credit for truly revitalizing the show and for salvaging wellings Clark. I also think season six is a little better than you gave it credit for, again thanks to Clark's acting a little more proactive there. But this emails already getting way too long. Anyways, what do you think Have I swayed you at all? Am I silly for your giving crappy writing just because this is my Superman. Love the show and can't wait to listen to more episodes.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks, jan, I hear you, But I would say, you know the phrase, it's not how you start.
Speaker 1: It's how you finish.
Speaker 3: That's season eight for you. Because that the first ass Season eight great everything you're seeing proactive Clark. The Daily Planet Vibe had going on being being a active because you've been so passive in those college drop out of years. But then the Bride is a great season finale, right, but then unfortunately there's there's twelve more episodes in season eight and all this kind of nonsense happens. But Clark Clark is good in there. Chloe is the one that has the real problem in season in season eight. So yeah, I mean season eight, it's it's a bottom middle tier for the seasons for me. If that it's great, you have so many seasons as small but you can say stuff like that. Yeah, Season six is still probably the worst season Justice League being its fools gold because they leave and then we have fake pregnancy and alexan a wedding and although Fans is pretty fun season finale, so there is that. Phantom is better than Arctic, but season seven has stuff like Descent Apocalypse, Traveler Partos, Travelers better than Fracture. You know, he's got Supergirl in it. Season six, I mean he's got Justice and what else? So what's the great it was.
Speaker 1: From season six? Lances other than Justice Justice. Yeah, what about slow era?
Speaker 2: Definitely not slow era.
Speaker 3: There is merit to be had in every season. I do feel interesting about Clark's Clark's characterization despite all the plot's happening around him, definitely good in season eight, way better than it was in Well. You talk season about season five, you know at the time. And I said this when I was on dog Field recently. At the time, if you asked me when the show was on, I'd say, oh, my favorite season, season five, giving all the stuff you always wanted. Then you kind of look back at it like, I don't know, man, Like Brainank's been gone for like eight episodes. They're doing a weird way to break up Clark and Lana, and they just lost other momentum after a hundredth episode because clearly they were like, oh, this is it and then they were told this is not it and they're like, oh, well, let's let's some things. But season five at the time, I mean, would you agree that you're watching it live with me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Would you think of you favorite season as time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And that probably held him till I started this podcast.
Speaker 2: What about you, Nick, I don't think I ever made it.
Speaker 1: Season five, well, season four is pretty rough, so I don't blame you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now what show we talked about here? Hero or Small?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that a tracking thing? Like for every.
Speaker 3: Superhero show, every show period? I mean season fours are hard season most most Superman shows to make past season before?
Speaker 2: What's the season four of Community?
Speaker 1: Though? That was the gas like here, we don't talk about here.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: You don't breath large one in the community. Yeah, look at you, Look at you.
Speaker 3: See he knows things. I knew he would do that and set him up for a wink. We give Nick a hard time on here. We have a good laugh again. We've all been friends for years and probably like you hate this guy. No, we don't bring him on here to be the fool. We're here having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, definitely.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks to you. I know, very well thought out email. You always send some very detailed messages and it's always appreciated.
Speaker 5: And actually this is probably getting me to you won me over for season eight, but I have never watched it.
Speaker 3: Just stop at the mid season finale midas. It's got an incredible sequence in a song too. That's the song all right? Have an email from Maurice titled awesome podcast. How's it going, Zach Lance and family Family Nick like Olive Garden because when you're here your family. I just started watching season seven and listen to your podcast of the same season and episode three fears you all reference whisper when Clark goes blind when he uses heat vision on the kryptonite versus when Carra uses it in this episode. If you all remember when Clark tried to destroy the crypt Nite, a piece of jewelry refracted the kryptonite back to Clark's eyes and blinded him. So that's why he went.
Speaker 2: It's not playing guys, it just happens.
Speaker 3: That's incredible serendipitous. Uh and Karen didn't. However, the show does a horrible job with Clark's powers when he's around the kryptonite. The krypt Knite doesn't instantly take away his power, so he should still be able to use powers and get away from the kryptonite. This is Is this another mental block like his flight? By the way, when did Bizarro come back and Clark leave? They never made the transition in the show, did they. One day he was hugging Laana and we saw Clark was with the Bizarro and Clark was in the fortress in an icicle. What's up with that? Let me answer that before. That's a big twist in the in the in the Midseas finale, season seven, I think the timing was just really perfect for Bizarrow, I guess because Clark going for the fortress to Zarrell Drew got mad at him and froz him there. It was apparently according to I think in the Companions they talk about this, the plan was like he was just gonna keep him there for like one hundred year until all his friends and family died, which is really messed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But then Bizarro showed up and Droll's like, all right, Clark, you got a call the most defeat the finals to him, my son. So he let him go. But then Bizarrow had escaped from like Mars or something. In my head canon's because Zorel made the eclipse, and then you know, all that's just go look it up. But you all listen to the podcast. But then Bizarre just came back and was like, well, I guess Clark's not here. I guess I'll just take over his life. Even Brainyc's like, you don't think he's gonna be upset when he sees you playing house with his girlfriend or there. I'll tell you what Season seven, brainiact is better than season seven season five of I think yea ultimately, because he's just more interesting that we has to be moly deplative and and he's there. I just feel like jameson Marshers is like he's not there for like the middle of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're over the portal for ZN which is the last time I quite that all the time. For some reason.
Speaker 3: It's just that that's that delivery that lives in my head went free, so that that's what happened there. Bizarre just got really lucky inconvenient with with taking over Clark's life. He goes on to say, also, I think a lot of should have really died before she revealed herself to Clark. I felt that Clark was beginning to move on, but she had to come back and screw everything up. So far, I'm loving you guys's commentary on this season. I also liked the roundtables for the Snyder cut of Justice League. Mister Lance I agreed that the first two seasons of Arrow were the best. I didn't hate season three, but I thought it was decent. I stopped watching Arrow after that, but right back up when the series was on Netflix. Excuse the long email. Catch later, Maurice. By the way, I did leave a five star rating on iTunes, but I'm under a different alias.
Speaker 1: Remember that show. We thanks Mark do iTunes.
Speaker 3: I also still in my heart to call it iTunes some good points there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't think you should have died in like season six, but I think she should have died in Reckoning anything that should have switched those deaths, because we're all expecting Jonathan to die, right, because that's kind of like this one of the rights of pastors are trouperman and most of the interpretations, So if he died first, you're like, oh, well, yeah, that's what happened. And then when he undoes it, you're like, oh, wait a minute, what's gonna happen now? And then Lana dies and then she becomes the Gwinn Stacey and like and again that the trope of like, you know, killing off the love interest to propel the hero to the next you know, propel the hero to his next journey sort of thing. That is a trope and I'm not I'm not saying I don't like Little Hope she died. I was like, they literally had nothing to do with his character after the middle of season five. I really liked him at the very beginning season five where he was powerless and they had a great thing going on. But look what what does what happens to Lana after Reckoning? After Hunt this episode, her and Clark break up in a real weird, messy way. Uh, Lex gets with her. Uh, he fakes a pregnancy. She marries Lex Luthor. She captures Lionel in a bear trap and the cabin in the woods. Right, she goes on some revenge rampage. The Clark has to stop her kill Lex. Then she gets kryptonite powers. Oh I'm sorry. She gets possessed by Brainiac and then get goes in, goes in off the grid, breaks up the Clerk with a Dear John video only douse. Christian Kirk went to go make the Street Friday movie comes back. Derail season eight gets a subdermal kryptonite super suit, so she physically can't be with Clark, and that's how they break them up. Spoiler's nick, Yeah, that is so wild, just to hear that, Does they get you excited to watch the novel?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 3: So that is why I say, maybe she just killed her off? Well right, people be upset about it, Yes, but then you finally forced you to move on from Lata. They just they just really dropped the wall with him moving on from wat the show. I guess never thought it would have to do it, But you're ranning tin, you're running ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if toun Leu took off and that's what they were hoping for and then she wouldn't be able to do shows?
Speaker 3: Well, she would contractedly obvieiated to come back from five episodes because of the writers strike.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, because she didn't.
Speaker 3: She didn't come back when all the other actors did, so they got her for season eight. So yeah, I agree with you there. Thanks for the email, Laurie's yes all right.
Speaker 4: Next we have an email from mister Brandon Lytel again titled X Files. Hey, is that you talk about the X Files a decent bit on your podcast And I had a lot of friends when I was younger that really liked it, so I decided to try it out for the first time. I think it's a really interesting show, but I can't help but look at it through the small lens of Smallville. Do you ever watch X Files and think to yourself that this is an alternate universe of Smallville where the media Shower happened, but Clark never came to Earth. All the alien technology and mutations is just basically the FBI dealing with the freaks of the week because Superman isn't around to fix the problems.
Speaker 2: Just some food for thought, Brandon Letel.
Speaker 3: Brandon, I've never thought that, but it's an interesting thought experiment. I think there's a lot of DNA between Smallville and The X Files, all the actors, the locations they film that up in Canada, that the music Mark Snow did the music on the X Files and the music on the first half of Smallville.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean that's part.
Speaker 3: Of the part of the appeal, is all that kind of you know, sci fi supernatural stuff going on. And I'm sure there's some Elseworld's column book where you could have something like this, because imagine what if the hell is be your rights and all these mutations and there's no Superman around.
Speaker 1: That would be the worst.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but hey, do you like the X Files and I'm sure you've If you've heard me mention The X Files, you've heard me mentioning French. And I highly recommend French as well. And it's got the Dragon at Atlanta.
Speaker 4: It sure does, has a bunch of people in.
Speaker 3: It, and yeah, the Dragon, the Duchess of Wales making Markle yeah in two episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: It's so weird because they were like in the beginning of season two in Fringe, they're like, have this new character and like, you know, like, oh, okay, Megan Markle's gonna be on the show. This is before she was who she was, right, and then they just completely drop her after two episodes and like for no explanation.
Speaker 1: It'd be like if it'd be like.
Speaker 3: What they did with Kat grant On that lost the Clark a little bit, right anyway, So yeah, I highly recommend French. I described Fringe as The X Files, but half as long, and it's just alternate universes instead of aliens.
Speaker 1: So what do you watch French? Nick?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, another show.
Speaker 5: You watch and I didn't complete Okay, but I just want a fan And it's funny because uh, I can't think of the scientist's name, the old guy because Walter Bishop, Yes, Walter Bishop.
Speaker 1: Steward of Gondor, Yes.
Speaker 4: And the tomato eating.
Speaker 2: That You're so creepy, That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's like I started to seeing him everywhere after the show, and I kept pointing out, Oh, he's the guy for Fringe, and everyone's like, what's Fringe?
Speaker 1: That's rough.
Speaker 3: He was also on DC's Lege of Tomorrow Ya, playing John Noble. Yeah, that show's wacky, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, John Nobles.
Speaker 3: He also voiced Brainiac in the Superman unbount in the animated film.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That movie wasn't that great, though, wasn't lance. That's not that Yeah, it's disappointing because it was based off the Gary Frank Jeff John's run Brainiac and they didn't draw it anything like that. But Matthew Bumer got to voice Superman, which is cool because he was always in the running to play Superman. He was in the running with Cavil and Ralph for all those years and he only got to play Superman in live action in the Japanese car commercials. Oh yeah, oh, but then you got the voice Superman in that. So anyways, all that to say, I recommend Fringe, and yes, so we haven't watched the x Fols. I'd be curious if someone like starting it now what they feel about the x Foles because I grew up watching it as a kid and it's very nineties. If you watch that from scratch today, I don't know if audiences today would respond as well to.
Speaker 2: It, right, yeah, because it's probably things that you could be related. So why is it taken for ever of them to download this thing?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 3: I mean we live in this like it's a different era now with the Internet and all that stuff that the conspiracy era and all that. If it is lost to shine because like it's oh veras huh as a certain vibe to it these days. But I love the Xfols and I really love the revival. The x Wells came back for a couple of seasons. Oh yeah, that's right, Seasons ten, which was not that good, and Season elevel which was really good. And you know, I recommend the x Foles. So thanks Brendan.
Speaker 5: All right, Now, we got an email from Rocky Tomlin always hold on to a real cast photo, Hello, Zach. In two thousand and four, my wife got made this cast photo online, and though I have always loved it, I have no idea if it's real. I've included a pick of the sign photo by the whole Cast based on your knowledge. Do you think they really signed it? I know for sure. Tom doesn't like doing stuff like this.
Speaker 2: Just curious. Thank you Rocky from the East Texas well.
Speaker 3: Thanks Rocky, And we'll post this picture as well on our social media. And I looked at it, and I mean, I guess, like I'll be like, if you got if you got it in two thousand and four good year. I mean it might have been it might have been like a charity thing or something.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 3: Having the whole cast sign it and know it might have been the height of the smallest popularity was in maybe doing promotional things like if you told me like you got it in like two thousand and like thirteen, I'm like, that's probably fake, Tom Wallis Tom. But I mean it looked as I mean, I've seen their signatures, I have their signatures.
Speaker 1: Like it looks legit to me. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I can't give you that sticker of authenticity if that's what you're looking for, but I would I would hang it up on my wall and feel confident that that's that's really the whole cast signature's there all right. Next emails from Brandon Lytel, This one titled missed Opportunity, Hey, Zach and guess that's y'all.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: As you're nearing the end of your covers of Small bl I was wondering, what do you think the biggest missed opportunity of the series was. I think Whitney being killed off was a mistake. I think instead of having Lana, Chloe, and Pete all have powers in Louis Flexana, Whitney should have developed powers. He had Alana's necklace in a war zone, which is full ground for power development, and then he and Clark could have become friends who team up with Lana and not understanding how Clark could be opening with her ex and not her, And then Whitney could have later retired from hero work because it's not his calling like it is Clark's, and Ilana could have gotten back together and deway, thus removing them from the show. Curious on your thoughts, and thanks again for a great show, Brandon Lytele.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I think.
Speaker 3: There's definitely one hundred things that could have done with that character. I like what they did, but then you think about like man like he's the whole like, hey, watch off to my girl, I'm gone, and then he dies. Yeah, you never like quote unquote Winny comes home. That's not winning, that's Tina Grare. So they never let's it. I mean there's a certain like real life rowdness to that, Like, yeah, this guy went off to warn he died, but then like I don't know that he would be a character who because Himclark went on this journey in season one together, you know where like he went from like you know, bully and jealousy and all that to like, hey, like they kind of like, you know, I've hit a weird ear at the end.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, something like some guys became bros through.
Speaker 3: All their experiences together. Like they're not being best friends or anything, just scial respect. It's a hair standing stay away from my girl. If I tell you that, she wouldn't be my girl. Hey logan, stay away with my girl.
Speaker 4: So but now in the comics they're on the reasons appropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember when that came out that their rooms connected, I was like, oh, that was very interesting.
Speaker 1: That's meant it very progressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with Whitney, he's not a character. I mean, he's a vined for the show, right, if anything, like they should have Uh, there are comic book characters in Small, but like Kenny Braverman, yes, right, you could have made him one of these cast members or something like that. But I think with with the with the characters they created on their own, you're like, well, they're probably gonna die, right, because I mean we all kind of knew line was gonna die. I mean the comics like that killed his parents, but we all kind of figured that was gonna happen. And then Cholee were like, well, they teased her having a bad end forever, but then Alison Mack stayed around.
Speaker 1: They're like, well she's.
Speaker 3: Gonna stay and everybody else is gone, we should probably keep it around. So they they changed her ending about four times on the show.
Speaker 4: And Allison changed her other end so.
Speaker 3: Much for her happy ending. So that's a that's a reference to season four Small, you know the dunk tank episode Nick that one time.
Speaker 1: So much?
Speaker 2: That was the song I was singing in my head too so much?
Speaker 1: Okay this time anyway, that was that long ago.
Speaker 2: It was, Yes, it was.
Speaker 3: So well let's what you thinking about Whitney here, He's.
Speaker 4: Not like, I don't think that was. That wouldn't be my biggest missed opportunity. I actually like Brandon's Brandon's idea here. My biggest missed opportunity honestly is just the mishandling of of Lana, Like she should have been off the show earlier, like you were saying earlier, just so that way we wouldn't have had to wait so long for Lois, who was on the show while Anna was still the main character to finally become Lois, because she spent what four seasons just kind of screwing around before being Lois Lane.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the thing, but the show didn't have to. Chloe's one of the problems a lot of there, Yeah, because Chloe was doing all the things young Loew's Lane should be doing. Yes, Wna is not only in the way because it wouldn't want Clark.
Speaker 4: The way in the way of Clark right, well.
Speaker 1: I would want him to get at her with Lewis in like season five.
Speaker 4: No, well he could have just you know, he could have not been with.
Speaker 1: Somebody you know.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Lana was definitely holding him back, and I think I think my biggest misopportunity is with Lana. It would be like them actually breaking up becoming mature dolls. Hey, we're not right for each other.
Speaker 4: Because I think, yeah, that was one like like when in Bride, right, Like that's like I thought that there was like an understanding between the two.
Speaker 3: Like maybe Clark king just to talk about it, like perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had like an adult, mature conversation about the status of their relationship and their association, and they both were just like, this is probably not gonna work. It's great to see you. Right, It's a little awkward, I have to admit, but it's great to see you. This is you know, let's just get through this wedding and you know, we'll just you know, we'll be we'll be done with it. We'll go our separate ways. That's what they should have done, but they didn't.
Speaker 1: Yep, w my biggest misopportunity. Do you have anything?
Speaker 2: I didn't make it that far, so.
Speaker 1: Spoilers spoilers.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Uh other email from Brandon This is about Warrior. Hello zacting guests. Hey, yeah, I just listened to your coverage for Warrior and you may have missed something. The writers didn't for yet where the talent was. Chloe obviously just appropriated some more of that queen money, which she's known to do, and build an exact replica of the talent apartment inside the Watchtop Tower. Plot hole filled thanks Brandon.
Speaker 3: So the Brandon is referring to is an episode Warrior. They're in the talent apartment, which is in small Ble, which where all the main characters live at one point or another in their lives and employees. They are talking to the guy who's Warrior Angel and then he's the whole like Aladdin, do you trust me?
Speaker 4: Thing?
Speaker 3: And they go fly out the window. It's really adorable stuff. I was really shipping those two. I mean, he's a twel year old kids, so it's problematic, but it's a big situation, a big situation. So then then they fly out the window, and then then the background played is Metropolis. It's like somebody forgot. Someone thought, well, surely these people don't live in Smallville, but they forgot they do. And it's it's kind of funny that now you could say, oh, they just super split over there, know, somebody forgot where they were.
Speaker 1: So that's it.
Speaker 3: That's a Brandon's referring to and I find that pretty amusing, so good, good, good, good call that. Also, yeah, Chloe was stealing Oliver Queen's money, fling it to thinking kryptonite to fight the panton the Candorians, right.
Speaker 1: I think, or something like that anyway, smoke lebble stuff.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: All right, we have an email from doctor Michael Christopher Cardiff. It's titled the Psychology. Sorry again that I'm so far behind. Believe me, you are not someone coming from somebody who has experienced I'm very far behind. I've just listened to Crypto from season four, Way behind love the whole section on emotional connection to dogs and stories about dogs. I'm with you on that. My dog George is sitting on my feet while writing this. His name's after George Bailey, but from It's a Wonderful Life, George George Bailey.
Speaker 1: I'm Murray Merry Christmas movie Those Pals.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it's a great film, right, just sho this is this is before the internet. We just shouted out before the remives. You just shout out things you know from things Potter, Potter, Potter, You've seen it. It's a wonderful life.
Speaker 5: It was always one of those background movies in the back and whenever I was at a party or something like that during Christmas.
Speaker 1: You didn't. You didn't make it a point to sit down.
Speaker 5: And watch it, watch it, watch it, watch a proper I feel like I should just can somebody just make a list of movies and things that I need to watch?
Speaker 1: You need you need it, like you need an America list.
Speaker 4: You need a list like Captain America.
Speaker 1: The Internet so helpful.
Speaker 2: Yes, there you go, really helped me catch up.
Speaker 3: You know, you know the cops in Wonderful Life they're named Burt and Ernie.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that based off burd and Early or Burt and Early?
Speaker 1: I assume that.
Speaker 3: I assume Jan Hinson was a fan because it came out before that nineteen forty nine.
Speaker 4: I think so it was a George R. Martin, who's who has characters of House Tully or like Oscar Bert Ernie, like really Rover.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hilarious, okay, and he continues, bizarrely, I was interested as a film. Through an episode of Batman, the animated series, Robin compared Batman to George Bailey and that way they both don't understand the value that they've had on their had to their talents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, so Batman had not seen that film. He's like, have a good pested title, which I think is always stuck with me. Yeah, because it's like, yeah, like no, not for me.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: You've used the term sociopath again in this episode. A lot of people use that term about antisocial traits and behavior that shows a lack of conscience. So I get it. It is a very outdated term now, maybe thirty years since it's been used. Incredible literature about psychopathy. This isn't a dig, but reminded me that if you ever feel like a psychological angle on a review of an episode would be fun, maybe I can help. That's my background, Michael Rosenbaug mentioned in an episode of Inside of You Shows, So that gave me an idea.
Speaker 2: I guess love the podcast regardless. It keeps me company while walking. George best wishes Mike.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks, Mike, I appreciate that medical insight. Well, we'll have to find an excuse for us to talk sometime on the podcast. We'll work you out here because that'd be fast. That'd be fascinating discussion about this stuffrom that perspective. But yeah, that that again, love that your dog is named George from Its Wonderful Life.
Speaker 1: That is a great movie.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you hopefully you enjoyed our shouting out lines. This is a doctor here, I feel, No, that's a great that's a great film. And yeah, sociopaths, psycho But these are all I mean, we as we evolve as society. Obviously, there are terms that people used to say all the time that we don't say anymore, and perhaps that's when we should just kind of phase out.
Speaker 1: And I know, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people use it interchangeably. I mean, my use of these terms comes from my observing in a pop culture and how it's been used there, and so I just kind of repeat, repeat it, you know what. So, yeah, no, there are differences between sociopass, psychopath, et cetera.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well we'll be in touch.
Speaker 3: Like an email from Brandon Lytle titled turbulence, Hey, Zach, and guess I thought it was pretty interesting conceit that Clerk couldn't fly to the mental block of being afraid of heights. However, I don't think the writers crwly use that for Park literally jumps out of a plane, doesn't seem like he's afraid eyes anymore. Just wondering what you thought about that. Brandon Litel a good point. Actually made this point myself when I was originally on Talkville, and Tom agreed with me. He was like, he had to reach his higher, higher consciousness man, And I was like, that's deep. He's like, well, I didn't know that then.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Turbulence is an episode of season eight that I remembered zero about except for one thing, and it was Clark Shop. I think it was like, look, it was a like what are you gonna do with situation?
Speaker 1: Right? You know what option?
Speaker 3: And he isn't vulnerable. I wonder like, so what did you do? Like did he just curl up in like a round test and they hit the ground like a crater?
Speaker 1: They got it? I don't know. Maybe he didn't land on his feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I haven't seen that episode, but even if there still would be.
Speaker 3: We don't see him land by the way, you know.
Speaker 1: The budget for that. But lived, Yeah, she was fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's some force magic.
Speaker 1: Then. Well.
Speaker 3: The thing with Superman is when he can fly, he control his his speed and that's why he can catch people.
Speaker 1: And they don't like break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you can't fly, you're all at the same gravity, you know, So huh. I don't know that's that's that's a good point there, But I that would have would that have cured your fear? I maybe would have cured your fear of heights exposure therapy, right, Yeah, I'll have to talk to Mike about that, doctor Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, thanks for that, Thanks to that question. That's an interesting question, Brandon, but I you have to go with that otherwise wise Clark not flying.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 4: Another one from Brandon. This one's Persuasion. Uh hey, Zach, just listen to your coverage of Persuasion, which I agree is a fun episode. I do agree that they unified undefined effects of Gemstone kryptonite are a bit of a letdown. And wonder what your thoughts are on the idea of having them used pink kryptonite for the Valentine's episode instead. It would have been a quite unique, quite different episode, but I think it could have been a fun just for a one off rad it.
Speaker 1: So that's screat me if I'm wrong. What does pink kryptonite too, It's a great question.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it changes your sexual orientation. Somebody looked that up as we're talking.
Speaker 4: Pink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is live because there was a story in the early two thousands where he super Meg is exposed to pink kryptonite, and they did a lot of tropes now frowned upon tropes of those sorts of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the pink kryptonite is a type of cryptonite that seemingly turns Kryptonians gay, according to the Superman fandom Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, so I definitely see why they didn't use that. We've evolved as a society people, Okay, so what else to say about that. I'm glad they did not use pink krypton on Smallville, I think, and I never read that issue, but from what I heard from it, it was like all of the bad tropes you can think of that happened was, oh he's gay now, right, Yeah, those happen, right, and it's like, hmm, well, let's not do that. And I hope that pink Kryptie does not appear in any other iterationis forman or they just change what it means. They've changed what the meaning A lot of these colors do so many times they can easily change that to make it more acceptable, socially acceptable these.
Speaker 2: Days, because that's and not offensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, so no, but the gymstone kryptonite, that was the kind of that it was you know something about you. It's undefied, as I said, undefined because like his eyes would glow and something with somebody would do something that the asked for.
Speaker 1: But like does he have to say a specific word? Is it magic? Is it?
Speaker 3: They should have made a kryptonite basically, like I should have just made it some magic potion. And I don't like magic and Superman mixing like that, honestly, but in this case, there's no science to this magic. So why how do you make because this woman has like spark like sparkles, would you do some industrial thing that's gonna grind down alien rock into this is corey and small than Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I love that episode.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's the better of the two Valentins the episodes because there's Crimson and there's persuasion. But it's season nine, which automatically gives it a lake up over season six is Crimson if you ask me, So there you go. Thanks for the email, Brandon.
Speaker 5: All Right, we have an email from Brittany Hawkins titled fan Mail. I started listening to you guys two years ago. I usually binge through Smallville every two years, but I thought it would be fun to switch it up and listen through a podcast instead. At the time, you had already finished seventh seasons, so I assumed by the time I got through your posted episodes you would reach season ten. I really underestimated how much I would enjoy your podcast and race through it. Having to wait each week for you to release an episode was painful. Your podcast is so good. I'm in my thirties and I was watching the last seasons of Smallville in high school, so I have such fond memories of the show. You really get the heart of the show, and I love getting to hear your conversations.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: That being said, I have to correct you about something really important.
Speaker 2: Season eight is excellent.
Speaker 1: Season four. Everyone I didn't like Firm was like, dude, that's my favorite season.
Speaker 5: How do you all not see this? You guys love to say small Ville is a blueprint, Yet how do you not see Smallville ran so so that you Netflix could fly.
Speaker 2: I've not seen you.
Speaker 5: Have you watched you I actually watched the first three or four seasons.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's been that many seasons of you. Yeah, there.
Speaker 5: It surprisingly goes that far. You'd think that it would stop at certain points, but it's pretty crazy. A crazy white boy ripping and running through the city's bearing bodies, a dumb blonde falling for as Bs every time he insists he's such a good guy, the charm turning up to one hundred every time he's about to get caught, even though you can still see the crazy leaking out of behind his eyes. That is TV Gold and Smallville did it first. Also, finally getting to see Clark deal with his emotions and Lois and being a boss is so great. It was everything we were waiting for. Oh and I know you love Chloe, but she has always been jealous and a terrible character, so it was nice to see her true colors finally coming out in season eight. You also miss something in the episode where Oliver confessed his love for Lois on the fake dating show, and later on Clark kissed Lois. I always interpreted that as the moment Clark finally manned up. He saw what it could be like for another man, and not just any man, but a billionaire Greek demigod hashtag shirtless Oliver to swoop in and get the woman that he loved. So he decided to step up, and Tess was so great she stole the show. And the wedding was such an epic episode. I know you don't like the ending with Davis having Jimmy, and you felt like it came out of nowhere in a way.
Speaker 2: It was shocking.
Speaker 5: But I've always thought Davis was freaking crazy for a long time. He was so manipulative and threatening. He seemed dangerous, and not just because he was doomsday, but because he enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that way, because I liked it because I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that just so you know, good to.
Speaker 2: Do, because I want to do and I liked it.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that when you had the interview with Sam Whitwer, lols that bump though that.
Speaker 1: He mentioned what was funny about.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: I need to know, Brittany, let me know what's so funny.
Speaker 2: About his bumpkin that he mentioned.
Speaker 5: Davis was probably really messed up. I completely agree with him. You all need to rewatch season eight and given another chance with fresh eyes, enjoy the romance and the winks to the camera and except Chloe has always been such a pick me and Davis is clearly crazy for the jump, and I think you will enjoy the show more. I swear I wouldn't write to you guys, but now that I've started, I feel like I have so much to say. I don't want this to be overly long. The podcast was my first attempt at enjoying this form of media. I always thought podcasts were weird and boring, but I feel like I'm getting to be a part of a friendship around something that is a treasured memory. I know it's probably a lot of work, but your podcast brings a lot of people joy.
Speaker 3: Brittany Hawkins, Well, thanks, Brittany, And yeah, yeah, that's that's that's the goal, right doing the podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's about talking about Sophie love.
Speaker 3: It's also you know, being able to talk to each other and having to stay on, you know, and re revisit something that we love together. But also you know, bring shorting people because I've been on the other side of that listening to other podcasts. Yeah, and so like you put that back into the world because anyway you're you're picking up, we're putting down, Like that's that's the goal. So there, really, Warren's my heart to see that the reaction. Yeah, being part of a friendship and a treasured memory, that's that's a great way to put it. And I mean, yeah, as you heard in real time, I might stock on Chloe kind of hit hit hit the bottom during season eight, and I guess maybe, much like when with Lana and Lex, maybe they should just make Chloe full villain or something, because like because her and Clark are kind of odds and season nine a little bit, but then it kind of like all it's all fine, Like, no Chloe, everything bad that happened with Davis and Jimmy's because of you. So I don't think she really ever owned up to that. That's funny you mentioned that the taco samuelver. I think he made some good points like it Davis was already screwed up like that, that's true. But I do want to know why you laughed at the well set the bump. Yeah, please let us know. And you said you feel like you have so much to say, Please keep writing in love, your thoughts, love your takes and everything. Defending a defending season eight of It's apparently that's that's the thing now people do.
Speaker 2: It's sounding good.
Speaker 3: Season eight is the new season four, But no, I really want to know why you laughed at them.
Speaker 1: Please don't be a stranger. Keep writing in.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for that message. Brittany, all right, I have an email from Joah heern titled Mercy opera selection, Hi Zach because anybody responded with info but the opera Lionel was listening to on the car in the episode Mercy. Of course I'm years behind, since I've only been listening for about a year. Anyway, I reached out to Matthew Rocap, but I'm not sure that I reached him at an address he's currently replying to. I've not heard any update, either in a mailblike episode or subsequent Roca episode. I can imagine that he's very busy. Comes from the opera Eugene Onogen. I am interested in making a YouTube video showing a stipet by Sniper comparison of the episode to Tatiana's letter scene from Eugene Onnogen by Peter Shukowski, who's actually the name of my faceplan handle.
Speaker 4: So obviously I'm a big fan I am too, He's one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: Any advice on one equipment I would need illegal things I need to be aware of. I know it would not be money maker, just a challenge to see if I could do it. I'm not a big YouTube contributor. Once I added lyrics to a karaoke track for Modern Major General uploaded the video. If you're not worried about copyright and don't monetize, then you should be okay. Just put a disclaimer in there like this is just for entertainment purposes and you might get a seasoned assist at some point and then just take it down and then you'll be fine. Yeah, So do what you want to do.
Speaker 1: Just be where.
Speaker 3: It's a really money world out of there when it comes to that sort of thing, especially when dire with YouTube because they have algorithms that go seek out type of writing material.
Speaker 1: But that'd be fine and it's Farroka.
Speaker 3: I'll make sure that I tell him because he'll be back in season tens, don't worry, So I'll make sure that I tell him that we have identified the song that Lionel was listening to in that episode. Really enjoy your discussions, Tall Pill has some fascinating details by people who were there and sometimes can't even remember what they did. But the perspective of you and your guests somehow are even more riveting. I make sure to listen to both shows. Thank you, Joe, Well, thanks Joe. I appreciate that. And I think Gretchen had a similar sentiment early on, and it's like, hey, listen to Talkvielle, and then I'll listen to you, and here's your fun. And you know, I appreciate that. I mean, they they exist in a different lane than we do. Right, we were fans. We living well, you and I do.
Speaker 1: Nick doesn't see we.
Speaker 3: Eat, sleep and breathe this stuff. Yes, all right, we were in it. It was a job to those guys. But they have they have a unique perspective because they were there, right, And they are the guys, right, they are the Ris Clark and likes doing a show.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of fun laughing about certain things they say can do, and I will continue to do so. But I think we both can occupy.
Speaker 1: We don't. We don't overlap, that's for sure. That's right.
Speaker 3: You get totally different flavor here from there. So thanks so much, Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I also just you know, it's it's cool to know another Tchaikowski fan out there. That's really cool.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next up, we have an Apple podcast five star review from j Toler Patrick.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Krypton Report Tyler Patrick.
Speaker 4: Uh title is always hold on to good Stuff. This podcast has been a great time. Zach and his guests have a love and passion for the series and lots of If you have the smallest love for the show, then you'll enjoy the podcast.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks Tyler. Tyler has been a guest since season one. Love Tyler's good guy and I always love having as part of the show and thanks to their view man, I appreciate it. So you've heard him in a lot of episodes and you'll hear him again before it's all, Before it's all said and done here, I'm always on the Smallville.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tyler.
Speaker 5: And we have a Facebook messenger message from Jeff McConn Good Evening. Started listening after hearing you on Talkville. Love the banter with the co host. Thanks for entertaining me.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks Jeff, thanks for the message, and he yes, I've been on talk Field a couple of times now. It's great for me to be on there just for myself, just as the excitement to be talking with Tom and Michael and another great berg being on theres, people find out about my show. So I've got a lot of messages like that since I've been on, and Jeff's one of them. So I really appreciate you finding us, following me over here and still listening, and I hope to keep entertaining you.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Thank you so much. Spotify.
Speaker 3: Comment on our Superman Special Number twenty seven Superman Legacy Casting News Part five by Joskrit Singh and Jaskrit says, Bro, you're really gonna make me pay for three or three point one to come on the pot and defend the gun verse.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the best way.
Speaker 1: That's how it works.
Speaker 3: Look, we just call it how we see it. You know, I'm looking forward to a trailer for Superman twenty five. Yeah, and perhaps I know as soon as they play some John Willames music, I'll.
Speaker 1: Be like, yeah, give it a chance. But I think we're just kind of exhausted. Yeah, by all the it's been exhausting.
Speaker 3: Being a DC fan and it's always is, Yeah, it really is. And look, well, like we love the Batman we said as many times, we're kind of we're hoping that Superman twenty five will be for Superman with the Batman.
Speaker 1: Was for Batman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that remains to be seen. And yeah, we've seen casting announcements and set pictures and and one official photo and that's what we have to base things off of right now. And that's and we're telling you how we feel about it. And uh, and hey, we'll see you on three three point one, Jess. We'll have a good discussion about it that when when the trailer comes out. Now, Lance and I, of course we'll.
Speaker 1: Do an emergency podcast ye have to. But then obviously we'll have a round table about our own.
Speaker 3: Third three point one. So stick around to the end of the podcast to hear about how.
Speaker 1: To join our patreons.
Speaker 3: But Bay go to patreon dot com slash always momble with one s. I'll just tell you now we need you.
Speaker 1: We need you.
Speaker 3: If you want to hear this podcast continue, we need you.
Speaker 1: I need you, So thanks for that, Jess.
Speaker 4: Yes, next, we have a Facebook message from clip Haynes. Dude, the day of the week thing you hound on is ridiculous. I have to stop listening and then come back to the pod. Uh pod later. Uh, just so I can reboot my brain from your lack of understanding of how a week's worth of activities are wrapped up into a one hour episode. You base things off of your experience, but your experience in life is extremely limited. Open your mind, stop making a substance based on you, and just talk about the episodes. Holy crap. I like the podcast, but dude, you on the show more than rosenbaumb does. That is a incorrect Oh, before you start analyzing me, I'm a twenty one year retired wolf fighter, Been there, done that, and have the T shirt. I've been to four continents, seeing some stuff up close that most hope they never see, and have an IQ of one twenty. But thanks for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well you're welcome clip.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I have a good time up there. Times in what day is that? That is on my favorite?
Speaker 4: A lot of people do it.
Speaker 1: It's fun running gags of the show.
Speaker 3: Weir here to have fun talking about the show, and I feel like, you know what when things when?
Speaker 1: When? Apparently they got up at.
Speaker 3: Four am to achieve all the things they achieve that day, and they were in the same clothes through all these activities, I'm gonna have a good laugh about it because you know, I mean, this is part it was part of the fun. You seem to enjoy the show. Yeah, so, and thank you for your service.
Speaker 2: Clip.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But hey, don't be stranger. I hope we don't drive it too crazy with those things we do.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we're gonna have fun.
Speaker 3: That is one particular segment that I really that's one of my favorite things. What time is it a day?
Speaker 1: Is a game.
Speaker 3: I didn't set out to do it, but watching the show, analyzing like we do, taking the notes, I'm like, wait a minute, all this stuff happened and it's not even lunchtime.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So we're just having a good time with it. So that's the way it is. And hope you continue to enjoy the podcast.
Speaker 5: Clip all right, now, we have an email from Leif loving the podcast.
Speaker 2: Zach.
Speaker 5: Hey, I just wanted to reach out and let you know I'm loving the podcast. I've listened to most of the first two seasons in the past few weeks. Like you, I was a day one fan of the show. I'd stuck with it for all ten seasons. That includes two or three seasons where the only option was to pirate it because we didn't get a CW affiliate right away after the WBUPN merger.
Speaker 2: I forgot that happened. I actually host a pod recapping the show, Gossip Girl Non Judging Breakfast pod.
Speaker 3: Keep up the good work, all right, thanks leave. I you know I've never watched Cotch the Girl as Blake Lanley was on.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, yes?
Speaker 5: And the guy from you right No am I thinking of the wrong show.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've heard about you as well. I just have never watched it.
Speaker 3: Well, it seemed interesting, yeah, but there's somebody's out there It's like, oh, that seems interesting.
Speaker 1: But I mean there's so many of those. But yeah, thanks leif.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I understand the whole pirting thing because when I when I have my VCR would work back in the day in season one or so, I have to go seacot episodes from non traditional means.
Speaker 1: So I understand.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we have got to a point that we often do during these mailbags. My friends and I think we need to put a pin in it for now and come back next week to record the second half. Yes, so that concludes Mailbag thirteen Part one.
Speaker 1: WHOA Part one But Lance. I.
Speaker 3: People want to find you out the online work, and they find you.
Speaker 4: They can find me at sir Lance last on all of my social medias, and they can find me talking about all the things that make Arrow always hold on though, Erro. And you can find me and keV on Twitter at Do Not Fail Our Pod.
Speaker 1: All right, Nick, what about you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: And you guys can find me on Twitter at Nick Ryan or on Instagram at Nick Ryan dot jpg.
Speaker 3: All right, well yeah, that's uh, it's great to have so many. You know, when we first started these, it was like, well, also, we wait a long time, you know when back in season one, I've read these kind of during the show, but you know, but but that was, you know, the recording schedule and all these things. I enjoyed kind of doing this dedicated episodes. But they get they get really.
Speaker 2: Long, they do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's it's it's we really appreciate all your messages and your emails and your feedback and your views and means a lot to us. We would obviously still do it if we got no feedback, but getting the feedback we do gives us joy so and it gives us an you still a hang out together and read these together and see it's become a tradition. And I don't hope you guys enjoyed it as much as we do. And yes, we'll be back next week, guys, a week from now, Yeah, not just right after this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same bad time, same bat channel. Will our heroes finish all the emails in time? Will they make it to dinner before it's time to record? Even more?
Speaker 2: Find out next time. Always hold on to Small.
Speaker 3: Of It, Always Hold on to Smallville is part of the Always Hold on To network of podcasts and brought to you by listeners like you, Chris fe Cavante, Chillis, Joey Deenberg, d J dowinna Isaiah Goodrich, Corey Moore, Nathan Ropatcher, Ative Shekh, Thomas Navin, John Curcio, Andrew Parker, Madame Rouge, Markidz Foppin, Patricia Carrillo, Michael Hartford, Jim Crawford, Casey Vash, Macon Rich, Ruory Humphrey, Alex Hamilton, Matt Douglas, Daniel Curiel, James b Onyx, Travis Hole, Tanner, Stipe, Nathan McKenzie, Steve Rodgers, Molly Ficarella, James Lee, Joe Michael Jason Davis, Patrick Bravo, Jacob Stevenhart, Donna Bias, Tay Tay Merril Smith, John Bob, Darren, Kirsht, Dylan di Antonio, Nake Crime, Bagdoza, Eddie Bissell, Jim Thomas, Clunk, KNT, Nicholas Fansler, John Long, Ruth and Cruz, Travis Kill, Mike Thomas, Tina b Nicholas Cosso, Jared Gibbs, Anthony Anderson, jas And mcgilly, Keith Falls, Robe O'Connor, James Hart, Anthony Desciato, Crystal Cross, Jake c John Schweitzer, Karen Kumar, and Lorenzo Valdez. Thank you so much to all these patrons, and you too can become a patron at going to Patreon dot com, slash Always Maulville with one S.
Speaker 1: Hope to see you there.
Speaker 3: Always Solong to Smallville's theme music is by Lance Laster and our podcast art is by Tom Gurky. You can follow us on Twitter at always Maulville with one S. You can find us on Facebook at always hold on to Smallville, and you can send us an email at always Maulville at gmail dot com. Once again with one S, thanks for listening,