Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, man ka ninem god.
Speaker 3: Wait, can's free?
Speaker 4: Many Connell keeping Election Day? Well, welcome, well done. Two Tuesday Election Day. It is almost Jova, almost Ova. Grant Smith here with me, Mandy Connall, Well he Grant's over there and I'm over here, and Grant, are you excited? Are you excited that this is almost over?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I cannot wait.
Speaker 5: Even though it sounds like we're not going to know results until Friday. I've done my part, and uh, I'm just going to try and avoid it as much as possible.
Speaker 4: In the next couple of days. I will tell you that something happened today for me that has never happened before. For I got a text message from a friend of mine, used to live here, now lives in Florida. He sent me a picture of his ballot and he wrote me in for president. So, Grant, I got an actual vote for president and I didn't even campaign. Hey, that's pretty cool. I thought it was very cool. Now, if I could just you know, get a few more than I could actually get a you know, an electoral College vote.
Speaker 6: That would be neat, that would be super neat.
Speaker 4: I think everybody, I don't know anybody unless they are getting paid to campaign for something that is not looking just for the end of this day, Like, can we just fast forward?
Speaker 6: Can we just get to the end of this day?
Speaker 4: Today? I'm going to spend a little bit of time telling you guys why it's going to be okay no matter who wins.
Speaker 6: And I know that's not what you want to hear, but.
Speaker 4: The reality is is that no matter who wins today or next week, or whenever they find get the election totals, the United States of America is going to be okay. And I just said this on Ross's show. If you don't believe me, when was the last time you saw our alleged president Joe Biden. He's stumbling through campaign appearances. He's an absolute disaster. Does anyone believe that that man is running the country?
Speaker 6: Of course he isn't.
Speaker 4: There's a bureaucracy that runs the country. And if Kamala Harris wins, will have more of the same bureaucracy and it'll suck and things will be more expensive because she doesn't know where inflation comes from.
Speaker 6: But the world will go on if Donald Trump wins.
Speaker 4: The bureaucracy will work every second of every day to stop everything that Donald Trump wants to do, as they did the last time hashtag resistance.
Speaker 6: I don't want to seem flippant about it. I really don't.
Speaker 4: I do think that it matters who wins, but it's not going to be the end of the world. So all of this, like all of this hand ringing and all of these I have a story on the blog to wait. I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me just I'm gonna do two things. Grant, may I have my audio for just a second. I just wanna I want to talk about this little bit of togetherness that came out of the view recently from one of my favorites, and that favorite was in giant sarcastic font Joy Bahar. I just want to listen to the kind of togetherness coming out of the view to really give you an idea of how this.
Speaker 6: Day is gonna go.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know. I wouldn't even let him give me a hi Heimlich maneuver. Yeah, that's how little I would I feel about people.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: She's talking about a magazine right now. I got it. Tell Mega man, I'm not sleeping with you, know. So Joey Bayhart says she would not allow let a MAGA supporter give her the Heimlich maneuver. So what I learned from this, ladies and gentlemen, is if you see joy Bayhart choking, don't do anything. See togetherness. Joyce said that's what she wanted, togetherness. So today we're going to look for more ways to find togetherness. You guys can't see me, but I'm actually interlocking my fingers over my head. My friend Jessica, who's one of our vice presidents here, she said, she was we have this giant glass wall now behind us in the studio, and she said she walked behind me and I was gesticulating so wildly. She was trying to take a picture, but she didn't.
Speaker 6: Never phone with me.
Speaker 4: I was just locking my hands together over my head. Togetherness, togetherness, people, We got to figure out how to be more together like now. We can all start by agreeing that we should go to mandy'sblog dot com every day to experience the togetherness.
Speaker 6: Go to Mandy's blog.
Speaker 4: Look for the headline that says eleven five twenty four blog thank god it's almost over. Yes, that is the actual title of this blog. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 6: Okay, go ahead, grant new over.
Speaker 8: A youth with some in office, half of American all with ships and clipmas, and say that's going to press plant.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 6: I'm the block.
Speaker 4: Need help with your ballot? We're election days always like this. Thomas Fry is on to talk about the future. What to do on election day. We really don't know if our voting system is secure. Yes, Big ALA's gone. Never mind the nice things I said about Sarah parody, the real.
Speaker 6: Toll of cannabis.
Speaker 4: Stop feeling stressed about the election. TGI Fridays filed for bankruptcy. Heidi Klum is the age discrimination warrior. We need want cheap tickets for the winter park, Express wind phones help people who are grieving. What voting in a rigged election is really like the subtle signs of colon cancer, milk, cookies and lego for ninety grand a year. Some big names are coming to Ballerina next year. British kids try on Halloween candy. What have you stopped buying because it's too expensive? The fastest way to get to Oh wait a minute, that's not supposed to never mind, the fastest way to get dementia. Elon Musk was on Joe Rogan how porn went maga to take that gold medal in boxing.
Speaker 6: Back Am I Racist?
Speaker 4: Is a documentary smash Top ten things to by at.
Speaker 6: Costco this November.
Speaker 4: Lily Tang Williams may go to the House and I'll let Scott Jennings have the last word on the election. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com, and I want to stop at the bottom because I'm sure there are those of you in this listening audience who remember when I had Lily Tang Williams on the show. She is a Chinese immigrant who is passionate about liberty, and she is running.
Speaker 6: In New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: She moved from Colorado to New Hampshire, where their state motto is live free or die. But they lean Democratic, which doesn't make any sense to me, but whatever, go New Hampshire, do whatever you're gonna do. So Lily moved to New Hampshire a few years ago and she's now running in a house district that is leaning very much towards the Democrat who is married to Jake Sullivan, who was on Obama's National security team. She just had a debate with this woman, and oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, she went scorched to earth on this woman. And it is a thing to see. I'm rooting so hard for Lily. She's got an uphill battle. But we'll see what happens. Maybe enough people in New Hampshire saw this and we're like, you know what, She's right, because she is. If you need help with your ballot today, you can always go and find my voter guide. I have been very gratified to hear from many of my listeners and my friends that they used my voter guide and they appreciated the simplicity with which I presented the issues. And so if you're looking for just simple explanations of stuff that would be in my voter guide, I linked to it right there on the blog. But you can always just google Bandy Connell voter Guide and it will come up.
Speaker 6: Okay, So you have two options there.
Speaker 4: I prefer you go to the blog so I get credit for the web traffic, but whatever, do whatever you want to do. So a couple of things. Thomas fry Our futurist is coming on. And what's funny is I never talk about politics with Thomas because we talk about the future, right, We just talk about cool technology and all this stuff that's happening. And so today he's got a column about whether robots will replace children. And it's weird that he sent that column out because I've been thinking about this. Birth rates around the world have plummeted, and I fear and I don't you know, I don't have hard data on what I'm about to say, so this is wild speculation on my part. But we do know that the COVID vaccines had an impact on women's cycles. Many many, many, thousands and thousands and thousands of women of childbearing age said their cycles were disrupted because of the COVID or after the COVID vaccine. They can't say because, but they can say after. And I'm afraid we have damaged our fertility across the world with vaccines. I don't know, but birth rates are way down, and you guys, we have to have enough warm bodies.
Speaker 6: To do the things that make the country run.
Speaker 4: But then I started thinking, wait a minute, we're on the verge of a robot revolution, like terminator aside. Okay, skynet aside. We're on the version of having robots that will be capable of doing so many jobs, from caring for our elderly patients, taking care of babies. Although I would not I don't know if I would allow robots to take care of my baby.
Speaker 6: I'm not there yet.
Speaker 4: I mean, I barely allow a human to take care of my baby, so I don't know if I'm ready to go robot taking care of the baby. I mean, you never know. But we're gonna talk to Thomas about that. And he said, well, maybe we could talk about robots deciding.
Speaker 6: Elections in the future.
Speaker 4: And I thought to myself, honestly, like, could they be much worse than what we've got, which is an emotional group of people voting on things that shouldn't be emotional. So it's an interesting proposition.
Speaker 6: Mandy, what do you mean big al is gone?
Speaker 4: I got a lot of emails about this yesterday, and I figured I would just address it. Alfred v Ka and Michael Cooper were part of the country wide layoffs, and they were not performance related. They just happen in this industry. As a matter of fact. In my blog, it even says, this is why you need to follow me on social media, because if I'm not here someday, that's how you're gonna be able to find me. Back in the day, Grit, back when I started in radio, if you got fired, there was no way to find your host again. But now social media makes it so you can keep in touch. So yeah, so I you know, I talked to Alfred yesterday. He's in a good headspace and just going to do some traveling and whatnot. So thank you for all of you who are now texting and saying that the blog or that you use the voter guide.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: This one said Jesus Mandy talk about tinfoil hat, vaccines are sterilizing us. That's not what I said. We know it is a medical fact that women of childbearing age who had the COVID vaccine, tens of thousands of them, had changes to their menstrual cycle. That is not speculation. That's not tenfoil hat. That is a thing that happened, and I am concerned that in the future it is going to lead to some kind of fertility issues. I did not say it was sterilizing us. But if you look at birth rates right now, they're down all over not all over the world, because in third world countries people still multiply, like you know, crazy, because a lot of their maybe their.
Speaker 6: Children, aren't going to survive.
Speaker 4: I mean, think about it back in eighteen hundred, right, and I'm just choosing a year. It could be any year back in time that's not now. But in eighteen hundred, people would have seven to ten kids, but only like six of them would survive to adulthood.
Speaker 6: So you kind of had to head.
Speaker 4: Your bet and you needed to have somebody, you.
Speaker 6: Know, work in the farm. You need to have warm.
Speaker 4: Bodies that could do labor and chores around the house to help help things go.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I am concerned.
Speaker 4: Again I said, I don't have any data that is hard data on this, but I'm concerned that that is a problem. Cycles change, not fertility. Hey, dumbass, those things are connected.
Speaker 6: I've had far too.
Speaker 4: Many friends have infertility issues to act like I don't know what I'm talking about here, and you do text her. Those things are very connected, and irregular period makes it much harder to get pregnant. They are very very connected. But thanks for playing, sir, Thanks for mansplaining menstrual cycles to me, sir, thanks so much. Can't imagine why women would be annoyed by that. Thanks for playing good gravy. This says it's due to the cost of having a kid, maybe in the United States, but not around the world. And when I say fertility is down in the around the world, I'm not exaggerating to the point where some nations are very, very very including ours, are very close. We might be below the replacement rate right now. So you know what this guy is now further, man's playing menstrual cycle. So I might just go. You know what I'm gonna do, Grant, I'm gonna block them. Cross and I were just talking about this, like we don't know. Goodbye. We try, both us and I try not to block people, like I try to use the text line as a democratized thing.
Speaker 6: You know, I want to hear from you guys.
Speaker 4: But when you just become annoying and relentless and never stop texting and then you start texting crap. I'm just to the point now where I'm just gonna block you.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 4: It'll make my life better. I've tried to be a giver, Grant. I've tried to remain like, here's your soapbox, Texter, but if you have used the soapbox, we're gonna throw you out of the town square.
Speaker 6: So there you go, Mandy.
Speaker 4: First world countries also tend to put careers over kids now, especially for women. That is absolutely right, And unfortunately a lot of those women are buying into the lie that hey, you.
Speaker 6: Know what, just freeze your eggs.
Speaker 4: Just freeze your eggs, and then later when you decide you want to have kids, you can just go and use those eggs that you frozen and you can have a baby. Except they don't say IVF doesn't work every time IVF doesn't work. I don't know what the percentage of successful IVF implantations are at this point. What is the success rate of IVF.
Speaker 6: Let's see here, real quick.
Speaker 4: Fifty percent, fifty percent, it's successful fifty percent, And that's a single healthy embryo has a successful pregnancy rate greater than fifty percent, just barely over fifty percent. Now, if you're in the other fifty percent and IVF doesn't work for you, you're now forty years old with absolutely no prospects of being able to have a child. And I cannot tell you how many friends I have personally who bought into the lie you can have a baby anytime. They look at halle Berry who had a baby when she was like forty five, and they're like, look at that halle Berry.
Speaker 6: Had a baby.
Speaker 4: I'm like, do you look like halle Berry. No, that's because you're not halle Berry. So there's a lot of women who found out too late that it's a lie. It's just a lie that you can absolutely have a baby on your schedule. So anyway, Mandy, you want to stay in an echo chamber. You don't like people to challenge your views. Well, I just read that text message, so I guess not text. I read text messages that disagree with me all the time. But when you spend three hours of the show relentlessly texting me nonsense over and over and over again, I don't have to put up with that. I mean, would you What would you do, Texter if you got a neighbor who disagreed with something about the way you were doing your yard, and all day at your job, they were sending text message after sex text message telling you how stupid you were, or telling you were you wrong, or telling you that you're an idiot, or tell you that your nipples are too large? Which of these things would be okay with you? Because I get all of that on the text line, all of it, every bit of it. So any of those things are okay with you. Just because I'm on the radio doesn't mean that you have the right to be abusive anyway. So there you go, Mandy, h I called the Denver Clerk and Recorder Office early to clarify in the Wait a minute, Okay, when you send two text messages in a row, they don't come in order. That's the other thing. Let's have text message one oh one. Don't be a dill hole. Don't text over and over and over again and being a dill hole. And if you have two things to text, you either have to put them in one giant text or you got to text really fast because there's a bunch of other text messages that come in between you. So there you go, Mandy. I love your opinions and I love how you take other people's opinions at the same time.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much. Appreciate that. Appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Mandy, my hairdresser, who had not had a period in years and did not get the jab started having her period again right after her clients receive the JAB. We've seen lots of info on shedding, and she was very susceptible, giving that she spends time touching her clients' heads and is in very close proximity for thirty plus minutes. So there you go, there you go. Boom, Mandy, You're freaking awesome. Funny how it feels like all the naysayers are out today? Yeah, yeah, Mandy, My fifty one year old daughter in law had a beautiful daughter last year via IVF. She's in the fifty percent, she's in the fifty percent, But what about the other fifty percent? And by the way, having a baby at fifty one sounds honestly like the worst possible thing that could ever happen to someone. I had my baby at forty. Having babies is a young person's game, really, really, really a young person's game.
Speaker 6: Anyway, all right, you.
Speaker 4: Guys, we've got stuff to talk about. But I want to talk about something that's not on the blog because I heard Ross talking about it and I think it's a great topic. And honestly, I'm so burned out the election stuff. I don't want to continue having that conversation. I just don't, so let's talk about this instead. Apparently all of these ferrets that have been released across the West have in order to control the prairie dog population. There are thousands of these ferrets have all descended from seven ferrets that were captured in Wyoming or Montana. I can't remember years ago, So every ferret in the West, in the wild is descended from these seven ferrets. Got me to thinking, if we had to repopulate the earth starting at zero, which two humans should we use to repopulate the earth? And why this is your question. I'm gonna let you think on it and then grant you know what. I'm feeling crazy. Let's open up the phone lines. Let's do it. I'm gonna stop reading text messages. I'm gonna start taking phone calls. How about that. We'll do all that next. You know what, have you ever missed an email and then you realize after you miss it, you were like, oh, that was a bad one to miss it. Hang on, I got to finish sitting this email. Oh God, that's so disappointing. Anyway, moving on, I've got stuff to talk about and I want to hear from you. I'm tired of text messages today. So I'm asking a very simple, stupid question. And yes, I realized it's a stupid hypothetical question along the lines of, you know, Batman versus Superman kind of stuff, monoy, personal favorites, what if.
Speaker 6: My color blue was your color red? Grant? What if what if my red was your purple?
Speaker 4: And it just was confusing. We're all seeing different things differently.
Speaker 5: This sounds like someone who partook in some medicinal marijuana.
Speaker 6: Yeah I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, not no gonna anyway, So I want you to know three O three seven one three eighty five eighty five. That's three O three seven one three eighty five eighty five. I'd like to know the answer to this very simple question. Earlier, Ross was talking about a story about the reintroduction of blackfooted ferrets, and the interesting part of the story was is that they have cloned a blackfooted ferret and it is an adult and it just had babies. There was some question about whether or not cloned animals would be able to reproduce, and now we know they can. But in that conversation he also mentioned that there are thousands of ferrets that have been released in the West in order to control the prairie dog population because apparently ferrets eat baby prairie dogs, and so it keeps the population under control of the natural way. Yet all of these thousands of ferrets are all descended from the same seven ferrets that were captured many years ago, so all of them have the same genetic makeup. There's no genetic what's the word I'm looking for. There's no genetic. What's the word I'm looking for. I can't think of it right now. Were you at diversity?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Genetic diversity in this population? And I thought it was really interesting. And I thought, look, if we had to repopulate the Earth, or even better, say we're going to populate a colony on Mars, right, and we can only send two people to Mars that they would be responsible for repopulating or populating Mars. I mean, you'd have to add in some people or would be weird and inbred and whatever. But who would be the two people and they have to be alive. Now, I had a couple of people ask me for some clarifications. Who would be the two people that you would want to use their genetics to repopulate the earth. Now, in the case of a woman that is outside of childbearing age, we'll just we'll grandfather them in. Because men can have babies. I mean, I think look up and see when Charlie Chaplin's last child was born.
Speaker 6: I want to say he was like eighty when he.
Speaker 4: Had his last child. Well, he didn't have the last child, but he helped produce the last child. So men can, you know, reproduce for a very long time.
Speaker 6: But I'm curious.
Speaker 4: I know who, I'd say, what seventy three years oldly at.
Speaker 6: Eight he followed a child? Like you guys, is that fear of the kid?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: I think the Rolling Stones all have small children and they're like eighty. I just don't think that's fair of the kid. Robert de Niro seventy nine. Yeah, he just had a baby with his girlfriend, and let's just be let's be real. In my mind, those women are doing a money grab. I know you love him and everything, but do you really want to have it? It's like, I don't know, it would be like having a child with someone that you knew had a you know, a disease that was going to kill them quickly. I mean, I guess you could do that anyway, because you wanted to have a child with that person and have a little part of them. I you know, maybe I'll give these women some slack, just a little bit, just a teeny tiny bit. Jessica has called in on something else. You can call in on that.
Speaker 6: Three oh three. Do you guys remember how to work your phones?
Speaker 4: You open up the phone icon on your cell phone and then you dial. There's numbers that will pop up and you just style three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five, and then you'll hear a ringing noise and then you'll hear grant pick it up, and then you tell them what you want. It's I'll bring you back to the phone. It's fine, uh, Jessica. What is happening in your world?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 10: Mandy, I'm hoping that you were your voter or some of your listeners can give some clarity. A Rarea put out your real on Facebook today saying it's all about voting and registration for students and down in Denver, and on several times I said, all you need is your student ided that's it. And the Denver Clark and re Carder Paul Lopez is on there with the same information, and that concerns me. So I call the Denver Clark three Quarters office, who transfers me to Elections, to try and take me back. And then after a couple back and forth, I'm told that all they really need is their idea that they should they should have a proof of address. And I said, well, the information you have on social media contradicts that. Do you think you guys do qualified? And they basically blew me off. And then I asked, how do you know with a student ID if the person is even legally allowed to vote? And they didn't have an answer for that. So to get at a area with you know, a whole bunch of the student vote, and you know, yay, I'm glad the student voting. I just want to make sure that we're concerned with election integrity and I don't know how Denver's doing that given the information that they're telling these students.
Speaker 4: You know what, that would just be on brand at this point for Democrats running elections. And I hate to say it like that, and I'm sure that there are Democrats doing an incredible job following the rules and the la but right now, I think this election cycle, more than any has shown us that aren't quote, gold standard elections are an illusion from Jennet Griswold's blatant and absolute incompetence to everything that has happened after that. I mean, it's just it's not surprising. And of course they want students to vote. Who are students going to vote for? Kamala Harris and all of the democratic stuff that they want to yes vote for. So yeah, I'm sure they're looking the other way. I'm sure there's going to be students that are not legally allowed to vote. They're going to cast a ballot today that's going to be counted, and there's really nothing we can do about it.
Speaker 10: But Jessica, give a metro in the area. I think there'll be a lot of that.
Speaker 4: To be honest, Yeah, I would say you might be right there, And Jessica, I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I just don't think there's anything we can do about it, especially if the Clerk's office was cavalier about whether or not they were getting that information out.
Speaker 10: Yeah, both the Clerk's office and the Secretary of State office just didn't even want to didn't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know what, maybe we'll follow up after the election and see what we can find out.
Speaker 6: But you know, calling today isn't going to do anything great. All right, all.
Speaker 4: Right, thanks Jessica, I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Three O three seven one.
Speaker 4: Three eighty five eighty five. That is an interesting story. We'll follow up on. But hopefully this caller wants to talk about repopulating the earth with really smart people.
Speaker 6: By the way, if.
Speaker 4: You're sending them on text, I'm not going to read the text messages out loud. I am only talking to callers right now, the special people that still know how to work the phone. No one's calling with my answer, Sherry, you're on, you're on, Kowa, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: I was at the courthouse yesterday in Denver for the case against the Secretary of State and Sherry.
Speaker 4: What you're talking Wait what you're talking about? In case people don't know, are you associated with the Libertarian Party?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Well let me let me explain real quick people that did not hear about this. The Libertarian Party is actually suing jannat Griswold because they have concerns about the security of the voting machines, because their experts have said that with the passwords that were leaked online for three months could be used to affect voting security. And as far as I know, has the judge ruled on that yet, I have.
Speaker 9: Not heard anything. I've been kind of waiting, although we all kind of had a feeling we knew which way it was going to go. Yeah, so I yeah, it's just too hard gone. I mean, her team, literal literally, her team of attorneys just wear around in circles, especially over the plaintiffs witnesses. Oh really had a very good witness Oh yeah, just tuck circles around them. You know, got a lot of objection sustained. Of course, it was just like a It was like being in a fight with five people against one.
Speaker 6: I can imagine.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, I've reached out, I have, I got the emails. I'm going to have somebody from the Libertarian Party on. I figured we gin them on tomorrow. I don't think anything is going to happen to change this election. I'm kind of with you that this judge is like, there's no way I'm going to demand a handcount in all of these counties. I just don't see this judge having the bravery to do it. Although I think and there's certainly enough evidence to suggest that is what should happen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, basically, they wrote the Secretary of State Attorneys pointed out, well, nothing nessarious occurred from the leaked biof passwords.
Speaker 4: But did they also say that they couldn't tell if anything nefarious had happened exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they couldn't say one way or the other.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, that was their point, Cherry.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna reach out to the folks from the Libertarian Party, so hopefully we'll have an update tomorrow.
Speaker 6: But I don't think anything changes. I think you're right about that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all right, it was frustrating, and I'm glad I got so all right, I'm glad you went too.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the phone call. We're going to take a quick time out. We got people calling with their names about repopulating the work earth. I will talk about text messages in the next hour for those of you who just don't want to talk, Okay, just letting you know I just missed phone calls, miss talking to people. I'll be right back. Who needs to repopulate the world? What do you got for me?
Speaker 12: Jay?
Speaker 13: Randy?
Speaker 4: Hello from your favorite retired police officer now living in Las Vegas.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: I'm headed there tomorrow as a matter of fact, going to go see my mom. I'll be broadcasting from the Vegas studios, which I'm kind of excited about. That's exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just down there.
Speaker 13: But anyway, back to my original I would pickl so I full have your answer, and then I would go with Condoleeza Rice for the other half.
Speaker 4: See. I like that, I like Kandy, I like Elon, both super smart people. I like the fact that you would begin the New World Order with mixed race people. So maybe all of these sort of issues that we have with tribalism and culture and stuff like that would sort of fall by the wayside. I think that is an excellent combination, and we could do a lot worse.
Speaker 2: That's true, we could.
Speaker 13: So I sent you a EMO.
Speaker 6: Have a great day, all right, man, have a good one.
Speaker 4: And Crystal, uh, Crystal, you're on KOA.
Speaker 6: What's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Hip?
Speaker 13: So the color thing, so if in our eyes we have cones which help us see colors, right now, my blue color code could end up being you're yellow and you're thinking that the blue yellow you see is blue. So there is a way that it actually could be going on.
Speaker 4: So wait a minute, you're telling me all the stoner conversations from college or at it.
Speaker 6: It can be Oh god, you just wrecked my world.
Speaker 4: Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 4: I mean because it would all be consistent in the sense that we're calling the same color green, but what we're actually seeing as green could be totally different. That's that's what that's an actual thing now.
Speaker 13: It actually yes, but it's more like royal blue to you, could be more like a regular blue to me. So would you just different shades of colors? Not necessarily that drastic, but yes, it actually happens, all.
Speaker 4: Right, you just blew my mind, Crystal, Thanks for that.
Speaker 6: Appreciates you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, dude, dude, I like the fact that Grant has the bong sound effect ready to go, like right out of the chuote like bam, let's go.
Speaker 6: What's wrong with white people? Ask this person. I'm just saying, I I you know, I guess if they were all white.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess we could do that too, just trying to be a little inclusive. I didn't even think about the race thing until somebody said Condelli's Rice, because I think she's brilliant. I would love to have her on the show to just talk about football. She's part of the ownership group for the Broncos. I know many people don't know that, but I would love to have a conversation with her. I have a tremendous amount of admiration for her. Just at admiration. It's a nice thing to feel, Mandy. On the subject of election integrity, you might find this funny. When I lived in Massachusetts, there was no ID requirement for state and federal elections. You just walked up told an election worker your address. But for town meetings municipal level, you had to show official ID just to get into the auditorium.
Speaker 6: Few people ever saw the irony of that.
Speaker 4: I do want to point out to our caller who called earlier, a different.
Speaker 6: Texter, before I could even google.
Speaker 4: She called and was concerned the students were being allowed to vote with just their student ID. In Colorado, there are a lot of different forms of ID that are available. You can find them on the Secretary of State's office. One of them is a valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado, as defined in Section twenty three Dash three point one dash one oh two five crs, so they can vote with just a student ID.
Speaker 6: So we don't need to worry about that. We're going to get Oh, we.
Speaker 4: Got all kinds of people calling on all kinds of stuff. Okay, David goes to the top of the list when we get back. His combination of how to repopulate the earth has to be one of the most entertaining that I could ever imagine.
Speaker 6: We'll do that next.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and John Kola ninety four one FM.
Speaker 11: Got way the nicety there.
Speaker 2: Andy Connell, Keithing sad Babe.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers. No.
Speaker 7: The architect of the future, the future is now.
Speaker 2: It's futurist Thomas Frye.
Speaker 4: At futurists speaker dot com if you'd like him to come speak to your organization. I do want to give a little payoff for those people who waited David who was on hold with his two people to repopulate the earth. I'm just going to tell you who they were, because it was too funny not to, he said Chris Christy and Simone Biles. I don't know the thinking behind that, but it made me laugh out loud. So thank you David for that. And we'll talk about that a little bit later. But Thomas is on today to talk about robots, and you've been you've been deep in the robot rabbit hole for a little while. What is uh, what have you been seeing in the world of robe Thomas?
Speaker 3: Well, they're going to start evolving very quickly here.
Speaker 8: I think we're going to start seeing robots with capabilities we never imagined. But I recently wrote this column just titled will robots replace the children that we're not having?
Speaker 3: Replace the kids we're not having? And it's interesting.
Speaker 8: Because there's benefits to having robots around it. I mean, as soon as we ironically, as soon as we have robots that can change a dirty diaper, it'll make it much easier to actually have kids. So maybe robots will actually increase the population rather than decrease it.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's going to be Because I got to tell you, as a mom, like the thought of handing over my little baby to a robot just does not drive with me. Right now that that just does not what kind of what kind of curve are we looking at for robot acceptance? Now you're talking about development, right, and I think some of the stuff is happening in robot development is fascinating, really really fascinating. But when you're talking about a new mom, especially of second mom, like second kid, the mom will be like, take the baby, it's fine, But first time moms, I mean, what is that curve going to be looking like before we all just accept that we have a robot made that is in our house, or a robot taking care of our babies, or a robot taking care of our older people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to have robots that we're comfortable around.
Speaker 8: We have to have ones that have a soft touch that we can have interactive conversations with that they feel much more human than anything that we exist today.
Speaker 3: We still have a long ways to go up.
Speaker 8: And so there'll be many iterations of evolution on the robot world before we get to that point. Yeah, I think that having a robot that can walk to your kids to school, that can actually go out and play with the kids, I think people are going to love that. And interestingly enough, you know, people are worried about too much screen time for the kids today, Well, they might be worried about too much robot time with the kids in the future.
Speaker 4: I would think that that would be concerning to some parents. I think other parents would be grateful that they don't have to deal with that anymore. But you know some parents who are very involved. I think my questions would more be along the lines of, if my child asks my robot nanny, we'll call it robot nanny, Okay, a question, a philosophical question. As little children do they ask you these questions throughout their childhood, all of these really deep, meaningful questions. How do I program the sort of response that I would want my robot to give? For instance, I lean conservative politically, liberty and freedom are very important to me. How do I, as a parent ensure that my robot will reinforce those values that I'm trying to instill in my kid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're not going to have little switches that say Republican or Democratic on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 8: This this role I think these robots, I think will evolve around the conversations that are currently being had around for the family. I don't think that there's any hardcore way of programming the robot. But I think that they will be very adaptive and understand what what the conversations are that are taking place currently and how to actually feed on that. I see robots becoming much more human like over the coming years, and to the to the point where where they actually are hybrid and actually flesh bots that are we actually have human like flesh that grows on the outside of these things, and so the touch that they have is going to be actually real human touch. And of course there's going to be all kinds of ups and downs with.
Speaker 3: A lot of a lot of weirdness that goes lining with this.
Speaker 4: But okay, you just took me right to Star Trek next Generation and Data. Okay, Data was a robot, but he always looked like his skin had had been grown in a lab to me. So I mean, is that what you're talking about where they look humanoid but they actually have a robot in our core?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we will see how this all takes place.
Speaker 8: And and there's there's lots of people that have talked about downloading their their personnel, their their their essence of.
Speaker 3: Who they are into the Internet to live forever.
Speaker 8: But talking about downloading it into a robot that actually has physical capabilities, so you can live forever as a robot.
Speaker 3: That's a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 8: And so that opens up another wide area of discussion that we're currently not prepared to have.
Speaker 4: Well, it would be my look that only the irritating, annoying people who text me relentlessly every day would find a way to download their consciousness into a robot so they would never die. It would only be the annoying people, right that would do that. It wouldn't be the people we actually wanted to do that. It would just be people that are irritating and whatnot. So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I am, on the one end.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited about the future of what robots can do and what they can accomplish and how game changing they can be. And I guess the evolution of not just the robots, but also how we interact with the robots is going to be a much slower process, so we'll have time to adapt, you know. I mean, it's been kind of funny to me to see how quickly people adapted to self driving cars in San Francisco, where they're willing to get into a waygo that has no driver and go ahead and let it take them around San Francisco. I would have thought that would have been a much longer curve, but it's not. People seem willing to just like, let's do this. Is that surprising at all? I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was reading some of the projections on humanoid robots and how quickly this these things will grow, and how many people are going to buy these things?
Speaker 3: And projections are by two and thirty five.
Speaker 8: One projection list that we'd have one and a half million robots out there.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: And another projection.
Speaker 8: That was by two thousand and forty was that we would have a billion of them out there. And so somewhere in the middle I think is the real number.
Speaker 3: And so how popular will these things be? Well, it depends on all their.
Speaker 8: Capabilities and how.
Speaker 3: Easy they are to work with and get along with.
Speaker 8: And certainly if they can take a lot of the workload off of us, that will they'll make it much more valuable in our own minds.
Speaker 3: So I see. I mean, if a robot.
Speaker 8: Can take care of our kids and take care of the dogs and clean up the house for us, if they can wash our dishes, well, we still need dishwashers.
Speaker 3: If they can cook our.
Speaker 8: Food for us, well, we still need we still be inclined to go out to restaurants, or we'll be more inclined to eat dinner at home and engage and bring our friends over. And how long will it be before a robot comedian is funnier than human comedians or talk show.
Speaker 4: Host I mean, I mean everybody likes to think, well, my job's not replaceable, but realistically we're very quickly moving to an arena where AI. There are radio stations right now that have fully AI DJs, and it's not as well recepted, I think, as they would have liked, because people are a little turned off by that, I guess. But ultimately, I mean, are we all replaceable? Are there any Are there any fields where it would be safe to say I could not be replaced because I don't see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually hard to.
Speaker 8: So some of the areas that I don't know how we'd replaces.
Speaker 3: A robot will not start a business and will not know.
Speaker 8: How to take risks if there's no human involved. I don't think a robot will be able to open a bank account. Robots don't need clothing, they don't need food. There's lots of needs that they don't have, So we still need humans to generate our economy, but they can replace a lot of the workload that we would normally have, so it's hard to actually harse us out into yess the work. And now that won't work because we're going to figure out new ways to do things right robots that we never mentioned.
Speaker 4: Somebody just asked this question. I think it's kind of interesting. If a robot is a witness to a crime in the house, how would this impact the accused and their rights? I mean, I'm assuming that they have the capability of at least a limited time playback that they could access, and they might be an actual video tape of.
Speaker 6: What just happened.
Speaker 4: I mean, that would have to be sorted out because I want my robot recording everything that happens in my house.
Speaker 3: Could your robot get subpoena in court?
Speaker 4: That's kind of I think what they're asking, like, what do you know? Do you could the video be subpoena? Yes, but could the robot testify?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know if that would be I don't know if I'm on a jury and a robot sits there and says this is what happened. Because they can't swear on a bible. I mean they could, but does it really mean anything?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 4: I mean, what's the ethical standards that robots have?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What does a robot bible look like?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Exactly, exactly, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that we're going to all kinds of legal issues that we never anticipated as well, having robot intruders. A robot breaks into my house, Oh gosh, fault is it?
Speaker 4: I mean it would have to be the people that program the robots to break into your house.
Speaker 6: I didn't even think about that, Thomas.
Speaker 4: That's a whole new worry because a robot could kick in your door, come in, overpower you physically, and you can't do anything to fight back against a robot. And then what are you going to identify? Yeah, robot came in my house, I'll give you a description. You know, they all look the same kind of thing. That's a little bit scary as well. So, I mean it's going to be as soon as criminals get robots. What are criminals going to do with robots?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So I was thinking, if you want to buy groceries.
Speaker 3: Should probably want your robot to go to the grocery.
Speaker 8: Store and buy them for you, right, pick them up and bring them home, But you don't want to give the robot access to your main bank account.
Speaker 3: So would you set up a separate bank account for your robot?
Speaker 6: I would?
Speaker 4: I mean I would because I have had situations where someone else was doing my shopping for me, and I set up a separate bank account just for them, and.
Speaker 6: That was a human.
Speaker 4: I'm not giving a human access to my bank account, you know what I mean. I mean my husband, yes, but not a general person, So that would make sense. I mean yeah, I mean you just give them their own little bank card.
Speaker 8: So then if somebody decides to hijack robot and steal their money, what does that look like?
Speaker 3: Then? Who's going there's all these what if scenario?
Speaker 4: It was gonna say, how do you hijack a robot? Are you talking about hacking in or standing there holding you know, a gun at a robot saying give me all your money or I'm gonna I'm gonna.
Speaker 8: Shoot you, Yeah, something like that. And should a robot be allowed to defend itself? And to what extent should it be able to disable the person that's trying to harm it.
Speaker 4: I say yes, because ultimately, if a robot is there to serve and protect you, then they should be able to defend themselves, but only in a defensive posture, meaning they could block someone from hitting them. They could neutralize someone by you know, putting them in a hold, a robot hold, so they can't move or do anything while they're simultaneously calling the police on their little imaginary headset that I just gave them inside their robot heads. I mean, yeah, but it's the most challenging thing for me is that I know that the military is working on making robot soldiers, and how do you program a robot to kill certain people but not others? And what's to prevent someone from hacking into that set of robots and turning them on you. That's this kind of stuff that I think about, Thomas.
Speaker 3: Right, there's a downside all of this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if your robot suddenly calls the police to come in and intervene, it would actually be a police bot that shows up.
Speaker 3: That takes over.
Speaker 8: And so how does a police spot then take care of this person that's giving problems?
Speaker 3: Does that police spot have more leeway in dealing with criminals.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's it raises all kinds of interesting questions.
Speaker 3: Should they be allowed to use me, be allowed to use tear gas?
Speaker 4: In theory, you would think that, like, let's talk about RoboCop here for a second, not the movie, but an actual RoboCop that we're building in my mind here, you could make that robot pretty impenetrable. Like right now, when a police officer engages with a criminal in a physical way, there's a good chance that cop could also get hurt. But if you had a robot cop that could then sort of disable that person by holding them down or getting them still because of their superior strength and they're they're in their unlikelihood of getting hurt, I think that we'd be all like, Yeah, if that robot grabbed you and held you and then you hurt yourself because you're fighting, that's your own.
Speaker 6: Fault, you know what I mean. I mean, I think we'd be willing.
Speaker 4: To give them a little leeway because they can actually get closer to the criminals than actual police officers can.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if we had a situation where somebody actually died in the hands of a robot, what kind of feedback would happen. Then what kind of backlash would occurs?
Speaker 3: Another George Floyd situation.
Speaker 8: Where we have overpowering robots that are demanding too much of our people. It raises these ethical questions we've just not had discussions about yet.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is all Virgin territory.
Speaker 6: And isn't the ethics kind of the hardest part of this whole thing?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 8: It is. Is there a regulations that should be in place? I think so, but we don't know enough about these things yet to know what the regulation should be.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of my texters are giving you some variation of this. Has anyone ever seen the movie Terminator or Mandy? I've seen I Robot and Ex Machina. I'm good on the robots. But ultimately, you know, we we've been scared of things in the past. We used to think lightning was the gods that were angry, right, So as we as our knowledge has evolved, as we become as we've traveled in space, we're less likely to believe that, you know, we're gonna have the kind of aliens are going to come down and kill us on Independence Day. So I think as this stuff starts to roll out, because it starts with a rumba, it starts with a robotic law.
Speaker 6: One of my neighbors has one of these.
Speaker 4: It doesn't start with fully humanyed robots living in our houses full time with skin that was grown in a lab.
Speaker 6: That's not how it gets started.
Speaker 4: So perhaps that will make the adoption a little bit easier. But somebody did ask this, Thomas, and I think this is an interesting question. They said, what happens when the government hacks my robot and can see inside my house?
Speaker 6: Could you, in theory, tell your robot if.
Speaker 4: Anyone tries to change your programming or program you to spy on me.
Speaker 6: I need you to let me know right away.
Speaker 4: Would that work with something that simple, in something that is constructed to work within a framework, an ethical framework that has to be created. With something like that works, say, look, if anybody's.
Speaker 6: Trying to inspire on me, I need you to tell me.
Speaker 8: I think one of the core pieces of every one of these robots is they need to be the guardian of your privacy. They need to be your protector, that they're watching out for you more than anybody else's interests.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 8: If we don't have that, then I don't think that I don't think they're going to sell many of these robots. But if the robot is actually working for you, if it's doing everything you wanted to do, then you can rely on it. It's trustworthy, something that you can count on to help you every day, then it becomes super valuable and.
Speaker 4: It would become I would think I would envision this as being robots becoming a part of the family, at least in the United States of America. In some other cultures where they still have servants and things of that nature, perhaps they would be treated like a servant. But I could see Americans bringing these robots in and having them become an extended part of their family.
Speaker 6: Don't you think, Yeah.
Speaker 8: These robots should be your buddy bot. They should be your best friend, and you always wish you had something that can actually finish your sentences for you and knows what you're going to be saying next that you have all these good conversations with. I think that's the kind of robot people want, and I think the people that are designing robots are going to go on that path and try to figure out, oh, yeah, this is narrow spectrum of things that everybody wants let's try to include all of that into this robot.
Speaker 4: Thomas Ry is our futurist. You can find him at futurist speaker dot com, Thomas Great Conversation and al Lie Awake at night waiting for the robot Uprising. Thanks so much for that. All Right, all right, I have a good day. We will be right back.
Speaker 6: Mandy.
Speaker 4: Watch Woody Allen's Sleeper for a peek into living with robots. Grant is in for a rod today. Have you ever seen the Sleeper by Woody Allen? No, have you ever really watched Woody Allen movie? Because your age your age group only knows Woody Allen for being creepy and marrying his stepdaughter.
Speaker 5: Right, that's the only thing other than your former producer Dave Lower.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, his older movies are absolutely phenomenal. I mean some of my favorite movies are old Woody Allen movies. The Purple Rose of Cairo, Sleeper is a fantastic movie. Zelig is another one. You've got to watch some of those older movies, and they're all extremely different.
Speaker 6: I mean they have the kind of minshe you know.
Speaker 4: New York jew kind of movies like Annie Hall where New York is as much a character as anything else. But his older work is really incredible, just really really incredible. And Sleeper such a good movie, so dumb and so good at the same time. Do you know the spaceship house up on the mountain up there? Yeah, I think that's in Sleeper? Oh? Really, maybe is that?
Speaker 6: Let me know what Colorado House? Sleeper, Let's see if that's it.
Speaker 4: Sculptured House, also known as the Sleeper House, is the house in Genesee. It was featured prominently in the nineteen seventy three comedy Sleeper by Woody Allen. And that's where the Orgasmatron is. And I'm just gonna let you watch the movie to see what that's all about. Yeah, like what, Yeah, Oh, it's so funny. It's so, so, so funny. But yeah, that would be a fun way to sort of introduce yourself to robots.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: A couple of things that I want to get to. I have a column on the blog today that I just really liked. I follow this substack called the Liberal Patriot, and the liberal patriot is people.
Speaker 6: On the left who have a very.
Speaker 4: Clear, a very clear vision from the left, and the only way I can describe it is. They're really great at having a sort of a third party vision. They write very interesting critiques of the left, and they often talk more about the left and what needs to happen on the left than they do the right, because these are leftists that write these columns, but they're not like crazy wackadoodle hardcore lefties that are out there, and they're very good. And they wrote a column called Election Day to do List, and the first one is remember to thank your local poll workers and election officials. That should be so easy, and then they go on to talk about steer clear of partisan propaganda. I've been telling you that for the last week. Anything that happens in the seven days before the election, just turn it off. Turn it off because it's probably a lie. Find a few trustworthy voices on social media and other sites to follow for confirmed information, actual vote results, and honest analysis.
Speaker 6: Now, can we talk about tonight for a moment.
Speaker 4: Tonight, we have a great team for our election coverage starting at six pm. Ryan Dueling's going to be in, Ben Albright's going to be in during election coverage. I hate doing election coverage. I'm going to be perfectly honest because results are usually only updated every half hour, so you end up sitting here twiddling your thumbs for a really long time. That being said, I do think we're going to get pretty quickly the information about the initiatives and the amendments and all of those propositions.
Speaker 6: I think those are going to come in pretty quick.
Speaker 4: So if you want to listen up for a while, hear what's happening in the state of Colorado, and then I have a suggestion for you, And it's going to sound really counterintuitive, but do what I do. Go to bed at your normal time because you staying up until midnight one o'clock two am waiting for these election results is not going to change them. So I will be on the show tonight. I'm going to be broadcasting from my house, probably in my jammis. I don't know, maybe you won't know either. I'll sound clothed, fully clothed. But then I go to bed at a reasonable hour because we're not gonna I mean, unless it is a landslide in either direction, we're probably not going to know the presidential results tonight. Now, if it's a landslide in either direction, then then that would be fine. And is anybody else hoping for a landslide. I'm hoping for a landslide in either direction. Let me clarify that I don't want Kamil a Heers to win. But if she wins, please God, don't let it be close. Please God, let it be a landslide so we don't have to hear about cheating and lying and all.
Speaker 6: Of that stuff.
Speaker 4: But if it's a landslide for Trump, oh my goodness, you guys, some of the people in the media, if it's a landslide for Trump, like, we're gonna need to check on them tomorrow and make sure that they're not suicidal. Because I made the terrible choice yesterday of turning on MSNBC for like ten minutes. These people genuinely believe that they are fighting Hitler, that if they don't convince their people to vote Democratic, then on Wednesday or Thursday of this week, all women are going to be required to report to work wearing their handmade Tales costumes. I don't even have one. For the record, I'm gonna have to go out and buy one. Ooh, grant business idea. Let's make handmaid Tale costumes if all women are.
Speaker 6: Going to need them.
Speaker 4: I think we've got that may be a big money maker. Let me think you think we're gonna make some money off of that.
Speaker 6: You know what, why not?
Speaker 4: If I'm look, if the country's going to go on a toilet, I want to find out how to make.
Speaker 6: As much money as possible. We'll exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm okay, I can get on board with that exactly. So yeah, I mean I could only stand it for like six or seven minutes, and then I was like, I can't watch this. I read an article. I didn't put it on the blog because it wasn't that interesting, but it was sort of interesting and that this person, and I think it was in the Free Press, went and talked to a bunch of undecided voters who had previously been what they call politically homeless their independence. They may be socially liberal but very conservative fiscally. And they were asking these people who they were voting for. And what was interesting was everybody that was voting for Kamala Harris essentially was I can't vote for Trump, I'm voting for her. The people that said I'm voting for Trump said, I'm voting for Trump because I'm worried about the border. I don't want unfettered immigration. I need to work on inflation. We've got to bring prices down. There were very specific reasons for voting for Trump, and not specific reasons other than not Trump for voting for Kamala Harris. Now is that enough? Is that enough to bring people out? I don't know.
Speaker 6: We shall see. Ross made a good point earlier.
Speaker 4: Do not get married to the early returns because depending on how states count the ballots some state some states count the mail in ballots early, right before the regular Some states cannot start counting those until late. So depending on who shows up with the polls who in their ballot, that can shift dramatically, especially in swing state. So if you go to bed tonight at nine o'clock and Republicans are taking anything, don't get married to that.
Speaker 6: You could wake up in the morning and.
Speaker 4: It could just be that the ballots that were finally counted came from Democratic strongholds and now they've taken the lead. So don't get too caught up in the early returns. Don't get too celebratory in the early returns.
Speaker 2: Just do what I.
Speaker 4: Did, Watch as long as you want, and then go to bed, and when you wake up, maybe in the morning, we'll have a new president. But guess what, regardless of who it is, the United States.
Speaker 6: Of America will survive.
Speaker 4: That I am certain of, and I'm really not certain of anything else in this election, Mandy, I'm hoping for a Grover Cleveland repeat.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 6: How much do you know about Grover Cleveland?
Speaker 4: Almost nothing? Two time president of the United States of America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he did have a good mustache. Interesting guy.
Speaker 4: I've read a little bit about Grover Cleveland because he was a money hawk.
Speaker 6: He was a Democrat, but he.
Speaker 4: Didn't like a lot of things that the Democrats were doing at the time, and he was defeated by h B. Bo Bo Bah William Henry Harrison Benjamin Harrison excuse me wrong, Harrison, and then got back into office four years later because Harrison got into office and did all these dumb things that hurt the money supply and he was re elected.
Speaker 6: So yeah. By the way, the eighteen ninety.
Speaker 4: Two election was, according to Cleveland biographer Alan Nevins, the cleanest, quietest, and most creditable in the memory of the post war generation. That was because Harrison's wife was dying of tuberculosis.
Speaker 6: Harrison did not campaign at all, so listen to this.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine this happening now? Grant, listen to this. Following Carolyn Harrison's death on October twenty fifth, to weeks before the national election, Cleveland and all of the other candidates stopped campaigning, thus making election day a somber and quiet event for the whole country as well as the candidates. Wow, people had respects.
Speaker 6: Yeah, can you imagine?
Speaker 4: What is that? I mean, gosh, they actually felt bad for the guy when his wife died.
Speaker 5: You know, that does kind of remind me of the moment and the VP debate when Tim Waltz was talking about his kid being in the school shooting and Jajie Vance actually took a moment to be human and be like, wow, I never knew that.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to hear about Yeah. Yeah, yeah, it turns out that wasn't quite true, but whatever was right the delement of it. Yeah, no, I get what you were saying. I mean, the Jdvans Tim Wall's debate was full of so much I agree with you. You know, it was almost shocking, shocking, So thanks Texter. I'm now going to go read the book on Grover Cleveland that has been taunting me for my bookshelf for about four years. I believe Davey Intrepid gave it to me, so I'll go back and check that out. I had no idea, Mandy, I still love this. When I die, I want to be buried in Chicago so I can still vote there.
Speaker 7: You go.
Speaker 4: Uh, not sure if you know this, But I can't get koa on iHeart pl up your iHeart app. Grant see if we're working, sometimes you have to close the app and start over. It just gets kind of buggy sometimes, Hi, man, dagget to listen to you every once in a while.
Speaker 6: I'm out and about during the middle of the day.
Speaker 4: But grew up democratic lean more towards the middle and into the right on certain things, but I'm also left on some things. What you just sent the past seen minutes to the past ten minutes is perfect.
Speaker 6: Do your normal things. We will all survive this.
Speaker 4: There needs to be more voices for the people in the middle of the bell curve, not the extreme voices you hear on the right and the left. I I that is a sentiment that I agree with so wholeheartedly, but I'm hopeless about it actually happening. Because if you look on social media. Social media is exacerbated, and it's not social media's fault. This is a human nature thing that is simply found a new vehicle to be awful. Right. If you want to see people who are successful in political social media, they are the flamethrowers. They're the ones putting out content that is designed to make people angry, that is designed.
Speaker 6: To fire people up. They love to argue, they love to go back and.
Speaker 4: Forth, and all of those clicks and views and likes and whatever, they're all monetizable. And that is we've now monetized bad behavior. You know, before, when I was a kid, if you acted the fool, you wouldn't make any money because you were acting the full. Now people act the full professionally, and they're making money hand over fist. You know, any person in this country that thinks that we are somehow going to get a handle on rampant pornography, you need to understand there are people on OnlyFans making eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: Dollars or more a month.
Speaker 5: I can't remember who it was, but I was reading about this musician the other day who quit making music and is only selling beat pictures and making ten times as much more money.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: By the way, the iHeart app working just fine.
Speaker 6: Yep, it's going to be okay.
Speaker 4: Coming from someone who can afford groceries, yes, I can afford groceries. But I'm here to tell you that, first of all, economic issues are cyclical. That is just a fact. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. I have been the bug. I have been the windshield. The windshield is better, by the way. But what I'm saying is all of these people who view this election as some kind of existential crisis are wrong. They are wrong. I believe in the people of the United States of America. I believe in us. We're gonna be fine. It's all gonna be okay when we get back. I've got I'm gonna do the two minute drill today because i got a lot of stuff on the blog, but I've also got some really interesting stuff, including speaking of porn.
Speaker 6: Porn has gone full maga. I'll explain next.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 7: No, it's Mandy Connell Mandy Ton on Kola AM ninety one FM.
Speaker 11: So goday can the ninety's through three Mandy Connell keeping sad thing.
Speaker 2: The two minute drill at two.
Speaker 7: Hey, we're going too minute warrants, repping fires, stories of the day that we don't have more time.
Speaker 2: For play mark triple one. Let's call this will take longer than two minutes.
Speaker 3: Are are you?
Speaker 2: Here's Mandy Condles All right, my friends.
Speaker 4: Christian Toto has a fantastic column about the Daily Wires movie with Matt Walsh called Ami Racist. This little documentary earned north of twelve million dollars in its theatrical debut. The only fact based film Bears that scored higher in nineteen twenty fourteen, was about Bears. Now, what this proofs, according to Christian's column, is that conservatives.
Speaker 6: Do not need Hollywood.
Speaker 4: The Daily Wire went outside the structure of Hollywood to make Ami racist, and they continue to make it as it is still available by subscribers on the Daily Wire dot com.
Speaker 6: Now you have to understand some of.
Speaker 4: The biggest documentary makers in the world are only making one hundred and eight thousand dollars. That's from Rob Reiner on God and Country, an anti Trump film. Now here's the other thing. How did they promote Ami racist? They didn't go on the Tonight Show or the Late Night with Seth Myers. They went on The Megan Kelly Show, the Joe Rogan Experience. Rogan actually said it was one of the best comedies he's ever seen. This is good news because we know that the capture of the Democratic the Democratic Party of Hollywood is absolutely complete. Just look at all the people that were at all the p Diddies parties and are now endorsing Kamala Harris. Their decision making is suspect. I'm just saying, great column by Christian You should read it on the blog today. Hey, Grant, remember that Algerian boxer that we were told we weren't allowed to question whether or not he should be in the ring with women. Yes, and because we were told that he is a woman and he has woman parts and we need to shut up the transphobe. But the reality is Algerian boxer Iman Khalif is not a woman.
Speaker 6: A medical report revealed.
Speaker 4: That Khalif has testicles and a micro penis and guess what xy chromosomes? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it gets even better. Apparently there's a condition called five alpha reductaste deficiency, a disorder of sexual development that is only found in biological males. And if you guess that this boxer has that condition, you guessed right now. What's interesting about this to me is that this person should not have been boxing against women in the first place. And I want to know what the IOC is going to do now that we know that this person was a bio logical male competing against women. We must stop the madness in women's sports before someone gets killed boxing an.
Speaker 6: Algerian guy in the ring.
Speaker 4: It too so a thirty one year old woman who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer decided to talk about it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: The headline here is a little I think, kind of dumb. This thirty one year old woman shared the subtle signs that she had colon cancer. Guys and gals, if you consistently see blood in your stool, something is wrong. Go see your doctor.
Speaker 6: The darker the blood, the worse it is.
Speaker 4: If it's bright red blood, it could be from something as simple as a hemorrhoid. But if it is dark blood, it is coming out of your body, and that is a serious, serious sign that you need to go to the doctor. She said. Over the last three years, she was experiencing digestive issues that she thought were due to ibs, but then she started to have really high anxiety and felt really really tired. But it was the blood in the stool that finally made her go to the doctor, where she found out she has colon cancer. Colon cancer has been seen in younger and younger people on a regular basis. If you have a family history of colon cancer, or you have any of the signs of colon cancer, don't let a doctor tell you it's nothing. Get a colonoscomy and find out for yourself.
Speaker 2: The drill it too great.
Speaker 4: You ever done the winter Park ski train? I know you love to go up there and skiing, not half park, but I think I'm going to this here. Well, you can buy cheap tickets right now there as low as nineteen dollars and they are running I think five days a week and service starts on service begin.
Speaker 6: That can't be right.
Speaker 4: The service will begin five days a week on Thursday, January nights twenty twenty five. That's not right.
Speaker 6: That is a that is not the right date. It starts before that.
Speaker 4: There's expanded holiday service during the Christmas holiday, service continues to March thirty first.
Speaker 6: Depending on when you want to go. You can buy.
Speaker 4: Tickets for as low as nineteen dollars. The train leaves from Denver at seven am and gets to the resort about nine and leaves winter Park at four thirty to return to Denver at six forty.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 4: All the info on the blog except for the right start day, which I don't think I have.
Speaker 2: Rill it too, guys.
Speaker 4: I just want to give big ups to Heidi Klume. Heidi Club is the ageist warrior all women needed.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: Granted we don't look like Heidi Klume.
Speaker 4: I don't have any illusions, but at fifty five, I look remotely as good as Heidi Klume looks. But Heidi Klume likes to show her body off. She likes to go out and skippy outfit. She likes to go out topless, not like in public, but like on beaches and stuff. And she says, look, I'm not shy about my femininity. I love dressing up where I have my cleavage, showing, wearing mini skirts, high heels, gorgeous stockings. But that doesn't mean I want to go home with you. She continued, sharing that it's just her personality. Why not I want to have fun and show my body. But I do have boundaries, as do all women. It should be okay to wear a miniskirt if you're fifty one, if you look good in a mini skirt when you're fifty one. Now, Grant, I'm gonna save my last story on the two minute drill to the other side because we're out of time and I want to talk about this one. I'm not gonna say you can go ahead and bring the music down and hit the little last what whistles whatever that last thing is. I don't know what that thing is in there. Another restaurant chain is filed for bankruptcy. Grant, you're young and enthusiastic, you out and do things. When was the last time you set foot in a TGI Friday's.
Speaker 5: I poof, maybe like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 6: Well, it's your fault. They did serve bankruptcy the TGI Friday's.
Speaker 4: Out of all of those genres of restaurants, probably my least favorite. We were an Applebee's family. Well, can I just say, And then, honestly, I'm glad you brought up Applebee's because when I saw this story about TGIF and we're gonna get into this a little bit more after the break. When I saw it, I thought, well, they got to get a country singer to make a song about them, because I genuinely believe that fancy like Applebee's. Yes, I think fancy like Applebee's help that chain recover because they were They were like on the on the ropes Applebee's were, and then all of a sudden, fancy like Applebee's comes out and everybody's like, you know what, I'm going to Applebee's. When people ask me where I'm from, I always say, have you ever heard the song fancy like Applebee's. That's where I'm from. Those are my people with the squeaky cooler in the back of the truck, Those are my people. You know.
Speaker 6: They don't even really sell.
Speaker 4: Those squeaky coolers anymore.
Speaker 6: You have to buy cardboard coolers.
Speaker 13: What is that?
Speaker 4: What is a cardboard cooler.
Speaker 6: Supposed to accomplish?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that just melt?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Apparently they figured something out. I've never I'm not I am y the styrofoam squeaky coolers. I haven't seen those in forever. They're bad for the environment. Grant they're bad for the environment. They're good at beer cool exactly, and they float. So if you're tubing down a river, you got a styrofoam cooler, it just floats right down the river with you. But if you've got a a cardboard cooler, what is that? The three little pigs trying to come up with a way to keep their beer cold.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: We're going to continue the devastating story of the TGI Friday bankruptcy right after this, We're going to get to.
Speaker 6: The TJA Friday's story.
Speaker 4: But I just saw something on the break that I have.
Speaker 6: To share with you.
Speaker 4: So someone went in and grabbed a bunch of clips of CNN and MSNBC panelists, and they took ai and replaced every mention of our democracy with our bureaucracy.
Speaker 6: And you've just got to hear this, great, Can I have my computer?
Speaker 4: Thank you? If the Democrats fail, it might be the end of American bureaucracy.
Speaker 8: Now, our bureaucracy really is in fundamental peril. The foundations of American bureaucracy under attack.
Speaker 4: They want to destroy our bureaucracy. We are at bureaucracy and danger.
Speaker 12: We're watching an election where people are on the ballot openly advocating the end of bureaucracy. That's what Republicans are doing, attacking bureaucracy, attempting to destroy bureaucracy, and they're doing it with glee.
Speaker 15: This is the end of bureaucracy in America.
Speaker 8: When will America stop sleepwalking towards the end of bureaucracy.
Speaker 4: It's Democrats versus as Bill Crystal says, the end of bureaucracy.
Speaker 5: We are essentially, as Neil put it, one vote away from the end of bureaucracy as we know it.
Speaker 8: I think our bureaucracy and the stability of that bureaucracy is really the thing on the ballot and really so important.
Speaker 4: That my friends is so accurate it's scary. I would love to vote for the end of the bureaucracy, wouldn't you?
Speaker 6: By the way, that put that on my Twitter feed.
Speaker 4: If you follow me on Twitter at Mandy Connell, and remember my conversation from earlier, always follow your favorite talk shows on social media just in case we're not here one day. I'm just saying TGI Fridays has filed for bankruptcy protection. It's looking for ways to ensure the long term viability of the casual dining brand. He's already closed a bunch of branches. And they said, look, the primary driver of our challenges resulted from COVID nineteen and our capital structure.
Speaker 6: And here's the thing.
Speaker 4: We've got red Lobster in reorganization right now. We got a lot of big restaurant chains really in trouble right now. And I'm here to say, does anybody else still miss Bennigans? Did you ever even go to a Benigans? Were they still a thing when you were young?
Speaker 2: Grant?
Speaker 6: Did you have the experience where.
Speaker 4: The server walks up to your table and drops the thirty pound menu in front of you.
Speaker 6: Yes, we are now flipping through the pages.
Speaker 4: It did not survive in our hometown. Oh God, I miss Bennigans. It was so good. No matter what anybody was in the mood for it, they had it at Bennigans.
Speaker 6: And they were the ones that made.
Speaker 4: The Monte Cristo sandwich famous. Hey, let's make a club sandwich and then batter it and deep fry it, cut it into four pieces, and serve it with ways Mary jam Yes, please, we used to order that as an appetizer for four of us. Everybody got a square.
Speaker 6: You can't eat the whole thing.
Speaker 4: If you ate a whole money, Cristo, you literally stood up, had a heart attack and died right there. Nobody. I just I miss it. I want it back. I heard Steak and Ale was coming back too. I loved Steak and Ale when I was young. It was oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Steak and Ale.
Speaker 6: They all had a vibe grant.
Speaker 4: It was like they always had a big fireplace that always had a fire and I lived in Florida. They had a fireplace. It was magic. They had their fireplace and everything was kind of dark, and they had like those pewter mugs that you could.
Speaker 6: Get beer in.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: It was very ah huzzah kind of place, and the food was really good, and it was just nice enough so that like you could go there on a date and you would tell your friends like, oh my god, it took me to Steak and Ale. Wow. Yes, yeah, I mean in college when a date was, hey, let's go to free beer Thursday, like that was like a big deal. So some of these restaurant chains I have so much fondness for. And I heard Denny's is in trouble. That doesn't surprise me. O. My hammy remains one of the greatest breakfast sandwiches ever created in the restaurant industry. Moon's Over, My Moon's Over, My Hammi ham and cheese, grilled cheese with scrambled eggs in it. Right, Yeah, perfect. There's never been a better breakfast sandwich in the history of breakfast sandwiches for real. And now Danny's is in trouble. But you know here's the thing. I don't really drink anymore, So why am I going to go to Denny's. Yeah? I mean the only time we ever went was it like two am in Orlando. There was a Denny's right near our house and at about two thirty the joint was jumping, and I mean two thirty am, not two thirty pm, and.
Speaker 6: It was like wild.
Speaker 4: The club opened up.
Speaker 6: And everybody ended up at Denny's. It was oh so good, so so good.
Speaker 12: So good.
Speaker 4: Mandy. I may have died three or four times after eating the money Crystal on my twenties. No, you can have it in your twenties when you're still young and vigorous. Once you hit thirty, that hard atacks coming exactly. Death by Chocolate, the best dessert ever At Bennigan's first date with the wife was at ben Against back in the nineties. They had all day Happy Hour two. I'm being reminded of all this stuff from our texters. I'm not the only one I loved Bennigans. So anyway, we shall see. Bubble thirty three in the Springs has an outstanding Monte Cristo. Huh, all of you maniacs saying you ate the whole thing the Monte Cristo, Like.
Speaker 6: How are you even still alive right now? Golly, it was.
Speaker 4: So good ben agin'st pretzel, bun ham and cheese. It was all so good. Bring it back. Bring it back, everybody, just bring it back.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: When I get back, I want to talk about a couple of things. One, you need to go see the blog today. I realize I haven't really talked about the election. I'll explain why when I get back. Andy, who just texted me the email of Benegans dot com. And I just found out that there is a Bennigan's about a six hour drive away, and I will be making a field trip. Luckily, my sister lives down in Amarillo, Texas, and there's one just outside of Amarillo, and I'm going they've got the Monte Cristo. They got Death by Chocolate. Maybe we should be like, do you think we should we should rent a bus, Grant, we should do like a.
Speaker 6: Full day venture. I'll drive where we get.
Speaker 4: No, we're gonna get a bus because that way we can all have one of those Bennigans cocktails, you know what I mean. And we'll just take a six hour road trip to go down to Vanagins and then we'll just come right back by morning Bennigans by me. Well done.
Speaker 6: I was a good one, Grant. That was a really, really really good one.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about election stress for the last segment of the show.
Speaker 6: During the show.
Speaker 4: Today, I've gotten text messages from friends across the country, from across the political spectrum, and.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: My friends on left are are far more like freaking out. Just um about to have a panic attack, Please don't. Seventy seven percent of US adults are feeling anxious about the direction the country has headed. Sixty nine percent are worried about the election that According to a new survey from the American Psychological Association, this year has been even more polarizing the previous years. As we spend more and more time using smartphones and social media. Most of that anxiety, and this is the point I want you to remember, comes from the unknown.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: One of the things that I'm very good at, and this is uh kind of my natural disposition, and it's a stoic position. Now, if you have not studied stoicism with any real uh, you know, enthusiasm, for me, it breaks down to one simple principle, pretty much like you can just pretty much stoic your way through this, and that is, if you can't control it, don't worry about it. I've already done my part. I cast my ballot. I made sure that my friends and family voted.
Speaker 6: That's all I can do. Whoever wins or loses at.
Speaker 4: This point is completely out of my hands. It's a very liberating way to look at it.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 4: So I was not kidding when I said tonight, I'm gonna go bed. I'm gonna go to bed about the same time I always go to bed, nine thirty ten. Because we won't know the president, and we're not gonna know them probably I don't even know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Depends on how quickly these democratic cities can get their act together and actually count ballots. In a timely fashion like the Republican cities can. I'm throwing shade there because it's deserved. But I can't control who wins. I can't control anything about it. I can sit on the radio and tell you guys what I think can urge you to vote the way I want you to vote, and I don't.
Speaker 6: Even really do that.
Speaker 4: I just try to present the issues and why I think one way makes more sense than the other. But ultimately my e go does not lead me to believe that I am more effective than I am, because I honestly believe. I honestly believe no matter who wins, whether it's Kamala Harris, whether it's Donald Trump, we're.
Speaker 6: Going to be okay.
Speaker 4: And let me tell you why if it's Kamala Harris and Republicans keep the House or at least have a large enough presence in the House and the Senate to stop any really dumb ass ideas that she has. I don't think that even Democrats think that Kamala Harris will be in charge if she is president. And on the other side, if you're worried about Trump getting elected and running roughshod over all of our norms, the left wing capture of the bureaucracy of Washington, d C will never allow that to happen. If Trump wins, I fully expect Democrats to begin their new resistance movement. I'm sure they will gin up a whole bunch of new fake accusations, although they don't have the Clinton campaign to help them without this time. And I'm sure we're gonna see more gridlock going forward. And guys, gals, gridlock is good for the American people. Gridlock where no team has an overarching majority is good for the American people. So don't stress about it. Stop feeling anxious about it. We're gonna be okay tomorrow. When we get in your tomorrow morning, I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get ready for work. We're gonna talk about the results of all the ballot initiatives. Here's the kicker about this whole conversation, the ballot initiatives that we voted on. No matter where you are, there are so many ballot initiatives. All of those are far more consequential in your life than who is president of the United States. We should not be this invested in who the president is. What we've allowed the federal government to get so powerful that we believe, rightfully so that who is leading the federal government is critically important to our lives. Now, how's it gonna make a difference in our daily lives. I'm interested to see if the economic team around Donald Trump can get him to shy away from embracing some of the stuff that he's talking about that I think is going to be very detrimental to the economy. Unfortunately, I'm left. I don't see many people that are going to work on lowering spending.
Speaker 6: But currently.
Speaker 4: We're spending out of control like drunken monkeys no matter who's in charge. Do any of you Trump supporters, like hardcores I heard Trump supporters, do you still believe that he cares about the deficit?
Speaker 6: Because in twenty sixteen, when I.
Speaker 4: Sat here and said, Donald Trump does not care about the deficit and he will blow it up. And I've been a deficit hawk my entire adult life. I got that from my dad, because my dad spent a lot of time explaining to me why deficit spending is bad, not just now, but even worse in the future. And he was right. And I had Trump supporters say, oh, he's gonna tame the he's going to bring the dead under control. And there was literally nothing that the man said that would lead me to that conclusion. So in terms of our government spending, I don't think it's six of one, half dozen of another between these two candidates. So tomorrow morning, when you wake up and you go to get your kids ready, or you get ready to go to work and you get in your car, who is president isn't going to affect any of that. The ballot initiatives you're voting on that's going to have a far greater impact on people here in this state. So you know, we're gonna watch those. I think all of those will have those results tonight, most of them. There might be a few outliers that are really close. Let's stop stressing about this because you can't change it. You can't fix it. You can participate, and you should. I have a great column on the blog from the Free Press today, and if you haven't subscribed to the Free Press yet, you really should.
Speaker 6: They're doing great journalism.
Speaker 4: But this particular column was written by a woman who grew up in Russia. She just became an American citizen, so she gets to vote in her first election as a US citizen, and I want you to read you what she said, not the whole thing because it's long, just a little snippet she said. I won't pretend to be thrilled about the candidates in this race. Neither Kamala Harris nor Donald Trump inspire particular enthusiasm as me as the next leader of the free world. But as anyone who's lived under an autocratic regime can tell you, there's a world of difference between a poor choice and none at all. Americans who complain about how long it takes after the election to determine the winner should try learning the results.
Speaker 6: Before reaching the voting booth.
Speaker 4: The fact that no one genuinely knows the next occupant of the White House until after the ballots are counted is a marvel of the American system. It means, on the most fundamental level, that those ballots and the voices behind them still count. Some may contend that those ballots only count in a handful of swing states, and then in deep blue states like New York, where I live. A typical ballot holds as much power to change the outcome as it would in Moscow. But a predictable outcome does not mean a predetermined one. New York stays blue because most New Yorkers vote blue, not because the results are decided by others. And that's the point. An obvious as it is underappreciated. The purpose of voting is not only, or perhaps even primarily, to get your preferred candidate into office. It's about the functioning of the system itself. We must participate. The system isn't perfect. I'm hoping that this entire debacle with Jennie Griswold is going to take us to a place where we can have conversations about real election integrity and real vote security. We have a story in Keenan had it earlier in his news about an adult daycare center where ballots were suspiciously returned where the signatures did not match the person casting the ballot, and now the DA is investigating. The only way to ensure, to the best of our ability, there's always going to be people who want to cheat. But the only way we can ensure the prevention of mass cheating is in person voting with photo ID. That's it. That's the only way we can do it. Great, when was the last time you signed a document other than your ballot?
Speaker 5: It's been a long time, because everything that you sign now is all electronics.
Speaker 4: Thank you, So how long is it before none of our signatures really matched the one on file with our voter registration. I signed it this year and I was like, I have no idea if that's my signature. I had no idea it is mine. Doesn't even look like a signature. It looks like somebody's pen ran out of ink and we're using It's just outdated, it's archaic, it's it's not good. It is not good at all. So maybe the debacle will be something positive. And now I'm going to leave you guys with a story that I think a vast majority of you will be able to enjoy because you are not paying ninety thousand dollars a year to send your kid to Georgetown. If you are, I'm going to advise you to just turn off the radio right now. Thank you for coming and staying with us on the show. But if you hear what your children are going to be taught for ninety thousand dollars a year, you may actually drive your car into a ditch. I don't want you to do that, So just turn off the station. If you're paying for Georgetown right now Georgetown students who traditionally have often gone to great things, great roles.
Speaker 6: It's an Ivy League school. It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: The McCourt School of Public Policy, where many diplomats and policymakers have been molded, is well if they're doing something special. In an email to mccurt students, Jacqueline Clevenger, the school's director of student Engagement, introduce the school's post election self care Suite in recognition of these stressful times, She wrote, all m clark community members are welcome to gather in the third floor Commons to take a much needed break, joining us for mindfulness activities.
Speaker 6: And snacks throughout the day.
Speaker 4: Now, if you want the agenda, here you go at ten am. All of these are an hour long. By the way, At ten am there will be tea, cocoa and self care. Eleven am they're going to open up the Legos station where you can play with legos to get over yourself as you spend eighty nine thousand dollars a year to go to college. At twelve pm there's healthy treats and healthy habits. One pm coloring and mindfulness exercise, two pm milk and cookies. Four PM, more legos and more coloring, and at five PM snacks and.
Speaker 6: Self guided meditation.
Speaker 4: I burst out laughing when I saw this today, but then it crystallized. I've been trying to write a book for a really long time, and I figured it out today.
Speaker 6: I'm writing a book called gen X Rules Tips.
Speaker 4: For the Next Generation, because this is horsecrap. If you are so disturbed by who won and who lost that you need milk and cookies and legos and coloring, you don't need to be in college.
Speaker 6: You need to be in kindergarten.
Speaker 4: This is what passes. And apparently see you SeeU election. Let me see if that pops up. There's another story about the CU election. They're doing similar things for the students at CEU, and it's like, come on, guys, come on, how are you supposed to go and do hard things. How are you supposed to go in and meet with a boss who is going to rip you to shreds for your performance when you deserve it and still function the rest of the day. How are you going to make difficult decisions that are going to impact your family, impact your your children when you can't even get over an election without tea Coco and self care. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of self care, right, I'm a big fan of people making sure that they're in a good mental headspace. But what we've done with our just insane focus on mental illness is we've made every challenge on mental disorder. We've made everything that pops up into something that needs therapy, when in reality, sometimes you just got to suck it up, Buttercup, put on your big girl panties and go about your day. Ryan Edwards walked in on that one. I wasn't talking to you per se, Ryan, because I picture you more as a brief person, not a big girl panty type thing.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: Just saying for the record, I don't think Ryan wears women's underwear much.
Speaker 15: I mean, that's not one of those things that I would knock until I tried.
Speaker 6: But I mean, you know, nice work if you can get it kind of thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean listen, you know, like I said, it doesn't sound like something that would be interesting to.
Speaker 4: Me, But like I said, you know, hey tweet their own. I guess when you were in college at CSU, how much time did you spend engaging in legos and coloring and milk and cookies after an election to make you feel better, Ryan, because that's what's happening at Georgetown. I saw that earlier. Thousand dollars a year, I saw that earlier today. That's dumb, stupid, idiotic. Yes, all of those things. Listen, I don't like grand a year.
Speaker 15: All right, you're on a roll here, so I'm just gonna I'm just like.
Speaker 4: Cookies, Ryan, Yeah, like you can get milk and cookies a lot cheaper than ninety grand a year.
Speaker 12: Come on, are you saying you don't like milk and cookies? Are you an anti milkok cookies person?
Speaker 4: I love milk and cookies and as a matter of fact, sometimes I have them at my house for free. Okay, but I don't pay ninety grand a year to have my kids coddled like this is ridiculous. Oh my President Loss, we're going to douse some coloring to get through it. What are they going to take the crayon and just all over the page because get their rage? Out rage?
Speaker 6: Coloring? Is that a thing should be?
Speaker 4: It probably is?
Speaker 15: And if not, it's a million dollar idea on your part.
Speaker 4: You know what, We're already get to market. We're grant and I are already working on a company to make handmade sale outfits in case Trump wins, because we're obviously all the women are gonna have to wear them.
Speaker 6: So I just want to get ahead of that.
Speaker 4: Oh, we want to get ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I'm sick of this election. I'm over it that part.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm with you.
Speaker 12: I don't know, we're on the same page and everything, but I will say I'm on the page of being done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're all done.
Speaker 4: But now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its guy World.
Speaker 6: Of the Day. What is our dad joke at the day?
Speaker 4: Please, Dad joke of the day.
Speaker 5: With some snow coming to the mile house, what happens when a snowman throws a tantrum?
Speaker 4: Where's that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He has a melt pound.
Speaker 6: That's a good one. Yeah, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: I like that. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: Today's word of the day, please.
Speaker 4: Word of the day.
Speaker 5: Seephology? What seaphology? P S E P H O l O G Y. It is a noun god, I can't remember what p S is? The synonym for think about what's happening today? That's my elections?
Speaker 4: Correct? But I did not get that for rottery tickets. Yeah, there you go. Today's trivia question. I don't know the answer, but I'm kind of interested in finding out. What is the angle of the tilt in degrees of the leaning tower of pizza in Italy? But we're all.
Speaker 6: I'm going to eighteen degrees? Eighteen degrees?
Speaker 4: I was more like thirty something. Yeah, we're taking like thirty five.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Let's see.
Speaker 4: Oh god, ours would have already fallen over these days. It's approximately three point ninety nine degrees. It used to lean, more of its stabilization work has been done to correct it, and some of the tilts center.
Speaker 15: Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm thinking from the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're all wrong, though very wrong, wrong for a different reason, but still wrong. Nonetheless, Well, let's get wrong about something else.
Speaker 5: All right, let's se jeopardy category for today, Outside the house. Outside the house, you put out this sign of hospitality, A funny one.
Speaker 15: It is a welcome matt Wow, yeah hot today.
Speaker 4: Next one. Sailors have been known to use these to sleep in, but.
Speaker 6: More familiar water hammocks.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: One one.
Speaker 5: The USPS asked that you put this container six to hand.
Speaker 6: What's the mailbox?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 5: Like the knights who say I just.
Speaker 4: Hire this from my yard. Perhaps a mountain lore? What a shrubbery?
Speaker 6: Have you done this category? No, that's from uh, that's from the search for the Holy Grail.
Speaker 4: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, last one, some loans have access risers leading down to these tanks that treat wastewaters.
Speaker 6: Manny, what's the septic tank?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: There you go. A little bit.
Speaker 6: Coming up one.
Speaker 4: We got a billion things to get to a few hours.
Speaker 12: To hit the ground run. It's a very big day in our country. Obviously, I recommend you don't talk about it.
Speaker 6: That's what I just did for three hours.
Speaker 15: Well, I was going to talk about the NFL trade deadline.
Speaker 6: That is perfect, excellent. I see what you did there.
Speaker 4: You fooled me. Look at you, Look at you. You're not about the Fanti's comment, and you fooled me like that. I just weird to walk in. I you know, the Browning trade. I was a little surprised by that.
Speaker 12: No, I see that was one of those that had been rumored for a couple of weeks. His his snap count had really kind of gone down, and.
Speaker 6: I didn't know he's going to be a Yeah, he.
Speaker 12: Was the final year, so they they drafted him and Jonathan Cooper in the same draft and he was a third rounder, and then Jonathan Cooper was the seventh rounder. Jonathan Cooper's outperformed him, so he got a four year extension, and Baron Browning got traded for a sixth round.
Speaker 6: Because player though, I mean he's you know, he had.
Speaker 12: Goal players and and then you just started to make those difficult decisions.
Speaker 4: But I think this was one of those.
Speaker 12: They were going to get nothing for him in free agency, and they they drafted a guy and Jonah Elson is already producing for them. This is more snaps for the young players.
Speaker 15: So rumored to Yeah, two o'clock is it?
Speaker 4: It wrapped? There, We're done.
Speaker 15: They made no other moves, and this is the this is the roster, this is the team.
Speaker 12: But they're get some guys back this week from I R and I feel like, again, we'll see what they do.
Speaker 4: They got the Chiefs this week, so it's tough. I'm already I gonna I tell people this all the time, like I am so as a Broncos fan, so happy with the way things are going.
Speaker 6: Are they perfect?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: But I feel like we've got the right work. Every week you see better things, you know what I mean. You see somebody perform at a higher level. You see a play that did work last week work this week.
Speaker 6: All in all, I'm good as a Broncos fan.
Speaker 4: And I know we gotta go, but very quickly.
Speaker 12: So that was interesting because that was a lot of the reaction after a thirty one point loss.
Speaker 4: A lot of Broncos fans called.
Speaker 12: In the Broncos React run for six hours yep, and said that exact same thing.
Speaker 4: The direction they're going. Yeah, it's it's all about the whole season. It's not about one game. All right, we'll turn it over to Kaoe Sports. We'll be back tomorrow and guess what. Tomorrow, the sun will rise, just as it does every day. We won't see it because it's gonna be snowing, but it'll be there, trust me,