Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: And the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing With John Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 1: Now are you gonna go on the coach at eight o'clock tonight? Sits down and let's put it in.
Speaker 2: Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock in downtown Vancouver. We're the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in posts. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek One. Quinn Taylor's here as well. How are you good?
Speaker 1: Old Quinn? Couldn't be better? This is it? Today's the last show?
Speaker 3: Yes, season five? It is season five of Donnie and Dully. It comes to it for today. Well we've had five segments. Yeah, that's April fifth, twenty twenty one was our first show, and then we took a summer break and then all right went on from there.
Speaker 1: Good point, good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm calling it season five all right anyway, So can't thank you enough, folks for helping us out with our show. I want to say this before we get into some canuckt news or connuckt conversation. At the very least, we get all sorts of emails and text into our Delaney's Okay, tiring Langley and all the grove inbox, and a lot of them are really long. And then people go on and on and they respond to our show. We don't always respond to them. We you know, we don't always respond back. We read them all though, folks, and we can't We can't thank you enough. And that includes Wayne and new Westy wrote us a big email yesterday. He was a graduate of Capitol Hill Elementary where I ended up going ron that Ice guy, Steven Victoria and so many other people. We hear you. You read your emails and text. We don't always get back to you, but we certainly appreciate it. It's an important part of our show, Okay. As part of today's show, along with Kadock Conversation, among other things. I'm gonna talk about the Blue Jays too. They're hot. We're gonna run a best of segment usually has a lot to do with things that you say, so that'll be. We were finished that, Ryan, you got that all edited, ready to go to go.
Speaker 4: I produced the film. Oh it is, it is ready to go. I'm good and I hate to say it, but it is. It's predominantly things that Dolly Wall messed up. I searched high and low, and I also I didn't cut by everybody knows that I didn't cut my Holloway Rolberg mess up. When I had that, I didn't clip that for some reason. So I don't have that to put in there.
Speaker 1: But it's still Alloway.
Speaker 3: Yeah yah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You're convinced that Holloway and Broburd we're still taking part in the oilers post.
Speaker 1: Is slowly losing my mind.
Speaker 3: If I had done that, it would be in this I probably clip wreck it would it would be first clip. Also throughout the year. You know, there's if you fold our show going way back to the ten forty down with the moge and I can't remember if I did this with David Pratt when somebody says something interesting, a phrase or a word that's really interesting. We think I say that. We say to people that there could be a band name. So we're gonna run our band name list.
Speaker 1: From this season. Bad names coming out.
Speaker 3: Well, no, we're not gonna do like going back five seasons. I mean that would be a long list.
Speaker 4: We also have photos, a lot of photos. You want to do one right now? It's right, okay, So.
Speaker 1: You guys are in charge of that.
Speaker 4: We got a lot. The first one this came in the other day. This is burying the Whack. I don't know if you got this or not, Rick, but you got the info.
Speaker 1: I got it here. It's unbelievable. No, no, hold on, hold on, you got it from What's just another place for Ryan to put a pin in his world map, bringing the D and D message to the tiny mystery island in Vanuda in South Pacific. Most anthropologists agree that Vanuda canniball killing was his recent as nineteen sixty nine, two years after Lisa won the Cup Great Summer Burying the Whack. So he I have no idea how to follow that up Banuda.
Speaker 3: He's in Venuda in the South Pacific. I'm focusing more on the the cannibal aspect.
Speaker 1: Is he in hot water there?
Speaker 3: Or is that hot water? What's a couldren they're making a soup.
Speaker 1: Get out of there, barrier, it's hot, get out of there.
Speaker 4: But he is right, that would be a new pin on the world map. Yeah, we just if we had a world map that we could stick with.
Speaker 3: Also, the subject we haven't tackled on this show, Yeah, the South Pacific nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, apparently not that long ago, No kidding, burying the wax, well on that cheery note, love burying the whack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, Barry, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Great, we appreciate appreciate it. So thanks to Berry. Okay, moving on, we've got other pictures as the speaking of cannibalism, moving on, we've got other pictures.
Speaker 1: Yes, we lost the show. Yeah, we're gonna sprinkle them in. We got a time again. I'm not so sure what we do to follow that up, but let's go here. Development camp continues for the Vancouver Canucks. Yeah, their prospects absolutely so. Yesterday the prospects, some of whom have been with the team, have taken part in the development camp before all six draft picks. The Canucks made of last week are taking part in this development camp. They got to do a very Vancouver thing yesterday, rick climb the Grouse grind. Look at this. I've never done this, person, I know you have, but I I boy these guys. It was a hot day and look at them, I think they're feeling it. What is in now and forty minutes to get up and down? Well, that's the appach time. And there are people who do it in under thirty minutes, as a matter of fact. And I believe the record for times in a day was recently broken by somebody twenty one times in a day. But did you notice the And look, this is when I was younger and in better shape. Some of them are running like that right at the start. And that's the biggest mistake you could make, ye unless you are just in yeah, because you're gonna blow. You're gonna you're gonna lose your legs. You're gonna lose your legs very very quickly. Quinn told me the Sadeen Twins started ten minutes behind all the kids. Yeah, and still beat them, still beat them. How amazing is that? You can see them there, but they're right there in the corner of the side.
Speaker 3: They're laughing.
Speaker 1: They beat everybody, They beat everybody.
Speaker 3: And we're also in front that Michael Samuelson also did the grind.
Speaker 1: Michael Samuelson was up there, the good guy, that guy, the Canucks development director guy.
Speaker 3: But look at this former knuck.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing this. This is this is too much.
Speaker 3: I have to say this that I haven't done it for a while. That the all they've done building up the steps is pretty impressive, because before it was more of a free for all. It was more raw. And you'd often talked about this the other day. Sometimes, you know, you take on this step, you kick a rock and it would go down and maybe get in someone's way.
Speaker 1: This is too much. I can't do this. I've done the stairs. They come on Wreck Beach the same thing. He's too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you didn't have clothing on.
Speaker 1: The clothes hot. But I'm taught the stairs a wrec Beach are incredibly hard, raw, Donnie, to get up and down. I went in the eighties, not not recently, but anyways, were you naked?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 1: I was why you asking that? But anyways, it was wreck Beach. That's one I'm telling you. The stairs a Wrec Beach. I told Cory Hurst once was he with you? He texted me he said, where do I get a good workout? And I said, go up and down the stairs a Wrec Beach. I'm talking when the grouse grown. He was in the Ubc area. He texted me Correy Hurst, he said, where should I get a workout? I said, go to Wrec Beach? Stairs, up and down, You'll get your heart. What were you doing there?
Speaker 3: Were you? Were you there? Like?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna get into why I went to Rec Beach. It was in the eighties. The boys we all went hopped in the ampolla went down. What's a big deal? Are you weird if you get back to the cannibal story?
Speaker 4: Are you weird if you stay clothed at Reck Beach? It's okay, Well, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not the expert he is. I'm not. That's a stop. The boys that we went in the eighties, it was not a big deal.
Speaker 3: No, you're just gonna check out something you heard out.
Speaker 1: A lot a lot of it. You go in the left there there's a bunch of rocks. You sit on top of the rocks, you watch the water. But of what Rocks.
Speaker 4: Isn't there big stairs at the at one of the white Rock beaches too, like a really big I don't know, I don't know, Crescent Beach, big stairwell from the top.
Speaker 1: Down to the beach. Yeah, yeah, you're right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Stairs in Vancouver, the shows hitting you low, really going out with bed. Yeah. And so development Camp continues today and with that in mind, Kevin Woodley from NHL dot Com in Goal Magazine he's been checking out the goaltenders at Development Camp. Going to join us just after eleven o'clock. Meanwhile, we want to get to these Thatcher Demcal clips if we can, absolutely from TSN Radio ten fifty. But before we do that, he did an interview yesterday and as you know, the most important thing for the Knucks to do in order to sell their product, it's for them to do. And Rutherford did the same thing yesterday on Sports That Radio in Toronto. Do interviews with media outlets based in the east, based in Toronto, not here. That's how you promote your and not here and usual but apparently effective. Christian Devorak, you have some news when it comes to Christian Vorak and the Canucks pursuit of him. Which didn't work out.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, Don, I'm starting to get you know, the Canucks really went after Christian Deborak hard. Some say they offered three years four million per season. Isn't it amazing, Don that they were willing to give Divorak four million? But they weren't willing to give Pi a suit or form. But he ends up with Philly. He ends up in Philly. But their number one target for Centerman was Michael Granlin, but the price was too hot. The agent had said it's gonna cost seven. These guys Canucks couldn't do seven. I think they might have gone to six. But I do believe in my heart Granlin won Devorac two. Then they shifted to Besser. That's why, That's what I believe.
Speaker 3: At another position, would Suitor be three on that list? Because I'm looking at Devorax and and they points last year he was demoted to the bottom cigare or the fourth line. His numbers aren't as good as suitors, so why would you pursue him uh over over Suitor? Although I believe there are connections, like Garland played with him, and he's an American player. Despite what you might think of his name, that that there's there's people in the organization who know him.
Speaker 1: They never showed the love to ps that I think, despite reports, I got the feeling the Canucks had a huge problem going to four million done. I don't think they ever went to four I don't care what reports say. There was no serious talks with Suitor in the last few weeks. Nothing. I'm just taking they had to move a body to get Suitor, and you know they've been moved trying to move Joshua. Yeah, they after the after the extent I asked, they didn't have to move a body to make an offer to Divorak for four million, but they had to move a body to make an offer, uh, to Suitor. That's what I believe. His camp was told that we got to move some money out. But they just never made a serious offer for Suitor. Don You'd have to ask them why.
Speaker 3: Several times during the season last year and just watching the games that you would hear Canucks conduct types like Rick Hackett saying he's not the fastest guy in the world. He say the same thing about Brockbster, with all due respect Brockbster coursse returning to the Cannucks or organization somewhat surprisingly, but how many of those guys do you want in your forward group? Maybe that maybe that was part of it. I'm not I'm not sure to quote to.
Speaker 1: Joshua, Well, he's a guy that I think is out there. And so what the Canuck's going to do now, don They're going to spend the summer try to make a trade for a centerment. They got to move some money off the roster. Do you move a Hoglander? Do you move a Joshua? What do you move? Who do you move? They got to move somebody to get a centerment because right now it looks like this Peterson, Heatel, Ratu and Blueger.
Speaker 3: That's nobody from Abbotsford. Nobody well rat to Yes, he was injured during the play. Iff, Donnie, that's not a great up the middle. Do you remember when the Canucks had Petterson, Miller and Horvat they were one of the strongest team teams up the middle of the ice. Right now they need to get better up the middle, and right now I think they will try this summer to get better. Okay, we're running out of time here, have we've got time for these demco clips? Okay, well, we'll save it for later. Thatcher Jemko yesterday on TSN Radio ten fifties. He's got a new trainer in Kolowna and that's made a big difference for him. We want to get thatcher or let you hear Thatcher talking about that. Here's what's coming up on the show. So DTMZ is it just me again? We have a best of segment. This is our final show before we take our summer break. Band names all of that I mentioned. Kevin Woodley ingal Magazine, NHL dot Com. He's going to join us just after eleven o'clock. He knows a lot about Alexey Medvedev, who's at that development country pick, second round pick by the Canucks last week in Los Angeles. Big Rye Twitter guy coming up later this hour, and up neck Nathan Rourke taking first team snaps. The majority of the first team snaps out in Surrey as the Lions get ready to take on the powerful Alouettes on Saturday. Farhand is going to join us next to talk about not just the Lions, but the Canucks, et cetera. Farhand next. Thanks so much for tuning in, folks, Thanks so much for your support. All year. Donny Dolly the Team.
Speaker 6: Check Donnie and Dolly the Team is supported by Abelauntions dot ca a closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a.
Speaker 1: Timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca. That's sales at Abla Auctions dot ca.
Speaker 1: Love golf but hate the rain? Hideout Golf is now open. Located in the Sands Hotel on Davy Street. Hideout Golf as your new go to golf simulator bar, perfect for everything from casual rounds to competitive plays.
Speaker 3: Hideout Golf has an exclusive offer for Donnie and Dolly listeners get twenty five percent off simulator time for your first booking.
Speaker 1: Just use the.
Speaker 3: Promo code Dad DA D twenty five. That's Dad Dad twenty five. Ready to d up your next night out?
Speaker 1: Book now? I have a Hideout Golf dots eight.
Speaker 3: One thousand and one steps in white Rock. By the way, we've had several people white Rock with submissions. Ryan was wondering about these steps in the white Rock area. You know what, that's the That's the first time I've heard of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a white Rock I know. I heard there's somewhere you can go for stair steps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the Grouse, like the Grouse grind. It is Thursday, our final show of this particular Donnie and Dolly season, and all today's guests are brought to you by then cludes Faarhands standing by brought to you by the Bayside ocean Front Resort. Looking for a midweek escape close to home, BC residents say fifteen percent on weekday stays at the Bayside ocean Front Resort in Parksville. Book now at Bayside Resort at Parksville dot com. Lions in Montreal one and three Lions in Montreal against the three and one Aloettes on Saturday. Farhandology joins us now from TSN to talk about that.
Speaker 7: How are you, sir, good fellows? Are you not even working Friday? Like you couldn't even finish the week? Is that the deal?
Speaker 3: I'll have?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: That we worked as stat on Monday. Yeah, so this is in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, yeah, very clever, very well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what, I know you'd do the same thing, buddy, veteran move, veteran.
Speaker 7: Man getting I am getting on a flight tomorrow and yeah, I'll be gone for about nine days. But you know, if you guys had a show next week, I would I would do your show from there, right like.
Speaker 3: So yeah, globe trotting forehand, Hey, listen, farhand, Nathan Rourke here, were here, he's taking the majority of first team snaps for the Lions. Are we going to see him play on Saturday in Montreal?
Speaker 8: I think so. You know, my gut tells me yes.
Speaker 7: But today's practice really matters because if you'd asked me this at the same time last week, I would have said the same thing, because he took the first two days of practice last week, right, and then Thursday all of a sudden rolled around and then he didn't do anything in practice.
Speaker 8: So we'll see what happens this afternoon.
Speaker 7: But as long as he's taking reps and continues to, you know, trend in this direction as opposed to last.
Speaker 8: Week where he was here and then kind of like that. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 7: I think that's the plan, that's the hope, and it's it's time the lines need a big time.
Speaker 3: Well exactly and farhand our understanding is that Jeremiah ma Soli is injured as well, has been hurt. So we gonna see Chase Bryce if Nathan Rurk can't go.
Speaker 8: I believe you are.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I think and I'm not sure how much of this is an injury versus the level of soreness. You know, I don't know that there was a moment in that last game where there was an obvious injury.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 7: I'm sure there's a lot going into this at this moment, you know, for Jeremiah Soli, so you know, for the club as they kind of you know, make their decisions in that regard as well. So I think that it would be Chase Bryce, and you know, I think they've seen what they needed to see from asolely for two games, and I think the club needs to know what it hasn't Chased Bryce, right because I know they really liked his progression from year one to year two. I'm not sure what the progression has been from two to three, but you know, they kind of need to make an evaluation here or potentially move on. Right, So I think, yeah, he's getting the reps this week. You know, he probably is getting round a third of the reps and then if Nathan's not available, Yeah, I think Chase is going to be the first call, and I think he probably should have come in earlier in the last game.
Speaker 3: Okay, and Frian, you've talked about this before, this player before, you're very high on. He's from Washington State, went to Portland State University. But Aloettes quarterback Davis Alexander, who seems like the real.
Speaker 7: Thing, the stud he's really good. He was my mop pick to start the season. I don't think he's gonna play this week, right, We'll see what happens for them and practice that I haven't I even looked at the reports, but I know that he hasn't done much the last couple of days due to that hamstring, and they've got to buy next week, so I think they might be looking at taking a bit of a cautious approach.
Speaker 8: Again. We'll see what today looked like for them, but I.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't be surprised if it was McLeod Bethel Thompson again against the Lions. But when you talk about Alexander, like, this guy has a lot of the same trace Nathan does. Right, He's got a strong arm, extremely mobile, processors of the game really well, you know, has a level of moxy and confidence. I think the league wants more players like this in it, and he's great. He'll be great for that franchise, but he'll be a player we're talking about in the CFL for a long time.
Speaker 1: All right, far and big day for the Canucks. Bessard, Dempko, Garland all come back. You know, they're bringing the band back. But the great thing about these three guys is they all wanted to be back. You know, a lot of UFAs told their agents Vancouver's not on my list. I don't want to go to Vancouver. But here you got three American guys who said, hey, we want to be back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think that's a good sign for the reason that the outlined. But there's gonna be some people that say, what's this core done right? And I know there were people in the building last year that felt the same thing. Right, Like this cours had a long sample size. They haven't shown us they can get over the hump. What are we doing right, like, why are we spinning our wheels and kind of doing this again? So I know part of this is I think somewhat reactionary, quite frankly, because of what they had to deal with in the week or weeks leading up to it, where you know, the point that you made that a lot of people are saying, yeah, Vancouver's not on the list. It kind of forces you to pivot a bit as an organization, right and Okay, maybe we do need to get this group back. And I think the Quinn Hughes part of it is also a factor, you know, So you can look at it a lot of different ways and I'll see, We'll see how it plays out, right. I mean, I think Connor Garland and brought Besser a good signings. Bescher took a bit of a discount even though he got the additional term. And you know, even a guy like Garland, right like in the new capit world, that contract is going to age.
Speaker 8: Well, but you know, Demco, we're going to kind of hold in our breath.
Speaker 7: So I know that he took a bit of a risk on term, but the Connections took a pretty significant risk in terms of dollars, So you know, they're tied to him for the next four years at a pretty good number for a goaltender that at eight point five should be a heavy workload guy. But we know that if that your Demko is a heavy workload guy, he's not going to stay healthy. And if he's a heavy workload guy, then you're overpaying Lincoln. And so you know, they are kind of dancing a bit of a dance there as far as the goaltending position is concerned. But again, like if if this core hasn't done anything for this many years, you know, is it a good thing? But then the other side of it is if other people don't want to come here, then maybe this is, you know better, the devil, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, they're still they're not done. They need a centerman because they're going to have to spend the next few weeks before training Kemp looking for someone and they're going to have to offset somebody from the current roster to bring somebody else in. Like, I don't think they're done. They have to improve that second light center spot.
Speaker 7: Sure, and you're right, but okay, so let's do what speculated and let's say they move on from a guy like Dakota Joshua or Teddy Blueger or both. You know, with those contracts, that's still only five million dollars.
Speaker 8: In cap space that you're clearing out right.
Speaker 7: So that's not enough to go out and get that guy from a cap perspective, let alone an asset perspective.
Speaker 8: So you know, again, like if they.
Speaker 7: Thought they were going to get Besterer back at this number, do they go out and get Evander Kaine?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Like, some of it just doesn't seem like it's been overly well thought out or planned. It just seems reactionary, and now all of a sudden you're completely up against it. Cap wise, there's no easy possibilities on who you want to move because if you want to get a legitimate second line center, that guy's probably making seven eight million dollars right at the minimum. So like, you know, you're gonna have to cleart a lot of salary to make that work. So if it was difficult before, I don't know that it just got any easier.
Speaker 3: Now, do you mind telling us where you're headed for your Yeah, exactly for your summer.
Speaker 7: You know, we're going back what's not necessarily a summer vacation, but my son is we've had a few Ivy League schools that have reached out that are interested in him football wise, So we are headed back there to go to a bunch of camps and and and campus visits. So we're going to Harvard and Yale and Brown and Princeton and Dartmouth and a bunch of these places. So it'll be like one day in, get to the next spot, next day in get to the next spot. So a bit of a work trip for him. But my wife and daughter are coming, so a bit of vacation for them too.
Speaker 3: He's fourth on the Alliance depth chart, isn't he Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 8: No, they just they just brought in a guy that was They just brought in Garrett. I forget him back. So he's fourth, so maybe maybe he's fifth.
Speaker 3: We'll see all the best to you and your family farhand. We can't and this is our last show of the year. We can't thank you enough for helping us out each and every week.
Speaker 7: Hey, I love doing this show. You guys are the best. Henderson's adequate. Quinn is an upgrade.
Speaker 8: And I'm actually speaking of the Taylor family.
Speaker 7: Your lovely wife Lisa reached out. So we're going when I get back. We're going to connect. You might be invited.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I appreciate hearing that.
Speaker 1: Secondhand, thanks for this farhand.
Speaker 8: Hey, get Lisa and I go back farther than you and Lisa.
Speaker 3: Go, well a lon of second you're responsible for us being married.
Speaker 1: Whoa, there you go.
Speaker 8: I'm proud of it. Yeah, I am proud of it. It's like my only matchmaking excursion and I did it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what she was thinking.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for that, and thanks for this and everything.
Speaker 8: Have a great summer.
Speaker 3: Boys, appreciate Farhand Logy TSN Harvard. It's long. It's a long story, but maybe one day we'll tell it. Okay, we have so much to get to. Best of We're gonna have run some video piece regarding our best moments or your best moments of the last Anion Dolly season band names, DTMC. There's a whole bunch to get to. Pictures, pitch pictures as well. You have a lot pole question, wadling dog pole question. We have a deal with that. That's next, Donnie Delly, the team, it's on check.
Speaker 1: The Bayside Resort is a booutique luxury resort like no other nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, This beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering an uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, ocean front restaurant, lounge, high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, the Bayside ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any time of the year. It's called two five zero, two four eight eight triple three and book your state today. Waddling Dog poll question.
Speaker 3: Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Dog, where you can enjoy twenty caps twenty screens for the CANUCKSI and UFC.
Speaker 1: Come sit and stay at the Dog today. Rick Quinn, Get her Up. The Wattling Dog pup poll question Quinn, get her up, get her up, Let's go. After the moves over the past ten days, do you believe the Canucks will return to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So you said it, Rick Beach.
Speaker 1: Yes or no? Sixty two sixty three percent say yes, they'll get back to the playoffs. Well that's a high number. Thirty eight percent say no, eleven hundred votes. Already, they had ninety points last year. So they basically minus suitor ad Kine hole at center. They haven't replaced Miller, goaltending, great defense, great, they should get ninety points again. Done, They're gonna have Troublestill.
Speaker 3: Didn't make the fluck get them into the playoffs last year. Now, I will say this, though you have said that it was a great season last year.
Speaker 1: Was it standing? Was it sixty points? Was it seventy? Were they ata high? Were they San Jose? Were they Chicago? Ninety points is ninety points. It's a pretty damn good number to reach.
Speaker 3: On See, I've given up on the rebuild now. I know, I go back and fat it's just not gonna happen. And I just think of what they've done over the last week and a half, given the fact that the rebuild is never gonna happen with this management grew.
Speaker 1: Never ever, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: And for them to miss the playoffs by six points, I think they're a better team. I think that the turmoil seems to be gone. They seem to be a harmonious group given what the players have, players returning for God's sake, Nobody would have guessed that, and people talking about how well they all all get along. Six points, and I think the division might be a little bit weaker. It could happen.
Speaker 1: And here's the other one. Well, the only problem is Martyr's in your division now, So I mean they're gonna be damn good.
Speaker 3: Its Petro Angelo though, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Good point. But do you think Besser and Garland would have signed for a combined thirteen years don if you think they were going into a rebuild. There's no way. There's no way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And we've talked about this so much that the player clearly are more focused on what happened in twenty three, twenty four versus last year when it was such an unusual situation with the Miller Pederson dynamic, Miller Andson, the people who extended, the players who extended are more focused on that year. They think even without Miller, these are the real Canucks. We'll see, you've got a photo you wanted to show.
Speaker 1: This is Keith from Sydney via Poco. I used to run into Donny at the Lumberland near Brettwood off low Heed years ago. Look at this. One of these pictures is Barbados after visiting and purchasing a couple of Mount Gay Rum products. If you boys are ever on the island, I'll crack one open. Very nice bottles there, Mount Gay Reserve cask rum, good stuff. There. Where's the other picture?
Speaker 3: Where's the name of the gentleman again?
Speaker 1: This is Keith from Sydney via a Poco and the other thing.
Speaker 3: I remember him from Lumberland and low Highway.
Speaker 1: That's it. He just said, I used to run into Donnie at the Lumberland near Brentwood off low Heed.
Speaker 3: Yeah remember Lumberland. Yeah, remember Lumberland. Are you kidding you?
Speaker 1: It was when you were back in the day. It was our home depot Corona. I love Lumberland. It was great, Donnie. Lumberland was great back in the eighties. The other picture, by the way, was from Antiga and Barbuda. Anyways, all the best ever Barbados, Barnot's Arctiga and Barbuda, not Barbados. Keith from Sydney via Poco.
Speaker 3: What is it, Quinn.
Speaker 1: What does it say that Quentin read it? It says the other picture is from Antigua and Barbuda, not Barbados.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, well we'll work on that folks. What what what other photo have you got?
Speaker 1: Uh, it's just Barbuda. It's Barbuda right there, you go. Okay, I was fro Barbuda.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I didn't know how to pronounce it.
Speaker 1: I don't know where it is, Tiga, Caribbean, somewhere Caribbean. Yeah, that's it. Thanks a lot. Keith from Sydney via Poco.
Speaker 3: Okay, I wanted to run a clip here, a Thatcher down. He was on tsn RA ten fifty in Toronto, Toronto yesterday, the Overdrive show, and he came across really really well, really really well, and you know, he's very well spoken, so it's not really a big surprise. But let's run this first clip here, if you don't mind, Derek, this is Thatcher Demko kind of echoing what Connor Garland had to say, Brockbasser had to say, other members of the Canucks had to say about this group staying together minus JT. Miller of course. But this is thatture on his confidence in a group that well, as you've found out of the past several days, his confidence in a group that's sticking.
Speaker 9: Around, I think ultimately, you know, it comes down to our guys in the room. And obviously our our locker room went through some stuff last year and the media took hold of it, and you know, I think the outside narrative kind of turned out pretty negative at the end of the year. But you know, we kind of had a meeting with our leadership group and it really was up to us to say, hey, are we going to stick around? And you know, I think having these guys come back, it shows the league, It shows the media that we are all in and things aren't as bad as they seemed last year for us, and you know, we're two years out from winning our division. I think last year we were probably just a handful of points shy for missing the playoffs. So, you know, getting the game back together and having guys stick around, I think proves that that we're really excited to run it back and improve to kind of the media and in the outside world that things aren't as bad as they seem in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Okay, other than mentioning the media and it is in Vancouver. That was pretty impressive, saying the same types of things that Garland said, saying the same types of thing that things that Besser have said in the wake of their signings. That this team gets along, that was important for them to stay together, that they love Vancouver, that they have respect for the organization, and if Thatcher Demko feels the.
Speaker 1: Same way, Donnie. The fact these guys have not won a ton in Vancouver and they told their agents get the deal done Vancouver, very impressive.
Speaker 3: Okay. So Thatcher went on to deal with the subject that everybody wants to know about when it comes to his career, and that's his health. Okay, So it's taken a turn for the positive. As you would expect, he hasn't played for a while, but it's taken a turn for the positive. Here's Thatcher adempco on hit. We all know about the Poplatias and other injuries, but here's a Thatcher on his health and a new trainer that he has in Colonna.
Speaker 9: The injury stuff. For me, I think he really started to take effect probably, you know, twelve thirteen months ago. You know, before that, I had it as in a caliber season, so you know, I don't feel like I'm that far off from doing that again. And so it's really you know, like I mentioned, I had been in contact with this bio mechanics specialist guy that's that truly helped shape my my programming for my summer kind of brought in some new ideologies and things like that, and you know, I feel really good, you know, coming out of last year healthy, finally able to have you know, kind of a more normal summer as far as that goes without having to deal with all the rehab and stuff that I did last summer. Is you know, it's great for my body, it's great for my mind and first and foremost as well. So yeah, I mean things are going in a great direction for me. I feel good, I feel happy and and obviously excited to be back in Vancouver next year. The injury stuff, for the injury.
Speaker 3: Stuff for it's the end of the clip there. That's a Thatcher damp co. Kevin Woodley's going to join us later and he mentioned I believe the name of the trainer, Adam Francelli. I believe it up up the Klona. He deals with biomechanics and how they relate to the goaltending position. In the sport of hockeyen Thatcher's employed him, Vassilevski has used him in Tampa Bay, so that seems to be a positive. I always say this when it comes to injuries. The thing that's scary with Thatcher dimp coo and I feel that the same way when it comes I'll get around to explaining this, but Ryan Gould in the Vancouver Away Caps, when you don't really see an incident and they just they just collapse or they go to the sidelines or the bench in the case occasion of hockey, and frequently I explained that something's wrong, and those are always the ones that end up caused lu Like with Ryan Gold, he just went down and all of a sudden he's gone for the big chunk of the season.
Speaker 1: And there are other examples of that throughout the world of sports.
Speaker 3: But you know, you don't really you didn't really see anything real real example of like a big collision with Dempko. But he's had those problems for a long time. Pretty positive right now though.
Speaker 1: It is he's working out as Jordan Newman, his agent told us, Yester done, he's working out. Everything's good there. But the Populatis was a freaking nature injury, like just one out.
Speaker 3: Of a million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was such bad life.
Speaker 3: I talk about Ryan Gold. There was more of a soccer injury than a hockey injury.
Speaker 1: The populatius was a freaking it was just such bad luck for Dempko and the Canucks. It should just doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Well, the fact nobody ever heard of that word before.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it just just tells me you have as Yeah, I mean, now you know you have one, but I mean we didn't know we.
Speaker 3: Had one before. I've never had an issue. We didn't know what a poplotius was. Okay, more from Thatcher Dempko. This is clip three Derek uh This is on him signing and some people were surprised by the term. The term makes sense, maybe not the money, but the term certainly makes sense for the Canucks given his health history. This is a Thatcher on signing a three year deal and his loyalty to the Canucks.
Speaker 9: I would sign twenty years in Vancouver if I could have. You know, I've always wanted to be there my whole career. You know, I'm a guy that I think there's a bit of a dying breed and the guys that get drafted somewhere and like, you know, kind of want to see it through no matter what what adversity hits. And yeah, so, I mean I would have signed for a longer time. I know the team's in a position that, you know, maybe a little bit uncertainty with like you said, my health last year. But we felt confident that I was going to be able to get back to the position that I wasn't two years ago. And at the end of the day, if I got to sign three and then get the end of that one and sign another one, and then so be it. You know, I think my priority was just getting something done and making sure that I get more years in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: He likes to Cannucks, she likes the city Vancouver. And you heard the quote right at the top. It's being bandied about all over social media. If he could sign for twenty years in Vancouver, he would. That's pretty impressive, Donnie.
Speaker 1: He should have said that clip to Connuck Vans and Connuck Media. It shouldn't have been in Toronto, but we'll take it. I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was then a Toronto radio station TS in ten fifty, but we aired it and people get the idea okay, more, well, we'll think is coming up. But before we do that, and a reminder, we're going to run our best of segment and get to band names on our last show of this particular season. But first July ninth, Able Auctions our title sponsor, we'll sell over one hundred thousand square feet of flooring, over five hundred police recovered items, including bikes and tools, and over a quarter million dollars of patio furniture, including over one hundred fire tables and three hundred patio chairs. Oh there's something for every home of this flooring police recovered in patio auction. To buy your laminate flooring or patio heater, go to able Auctions dot ca A to get your commercial or retail inventory sold at auction. Email Sales Able Auctions dot ca A, b l E Auctions dot c A. Kevin Woodley at the top of the hour, up next big ride the Twitter guy Donnie and tell you the team.
Speaker 1: It's on check. Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management for finding a tenant to collect rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks that birds Nest property as a call today six oh four two six to zero double nine, double five, or visit Birdsnest Properties dot call.
Speaker 3: Remind me when we get to the is it just me segment? Sheldon from Surrey as a beauty I don't want to We have a lot of subficions today. I don't want to a toime. I don't want to forget about that.
Speaker 1: We have a time, big Ryan. So I'm assuming it's something that agrees with you. Grab the Twitter guy.
Speaker 3: No, actually the exact opposite.
Speaker 1: Really, and you're going to read it.
Speaker 3: It's not about agreeing, it's about ripping into.
Speaker 1: All right by grab the Twitter Guard.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by Surrey Mitsubishi check any vast selection of new and used vehicles, exceptional card care and customer service. Visit them and one three eight to two zero one o Fourth Avenue in Surrey are online at Suri Mitsubishi dot CA. And I do want to say quickly something that you guys would echo as well and Derek in the last break if you saw it going to break ran our thank you board to all of our sponsors that make our show possible like Suri, Mitsubishi, b side Abel, The list goes on and on, Whistler, everyone that's done that through the season, all of our seasons, but especially this past season.
Speaker 1: We can't thank them enough. Serge number one. It's the only way.
Speaker 4: We get to do what we do, and we truly appreciate every single one of them, big, small, in the middle, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate it. Are the most important people.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely also important people fans of this program. You guys have mentioned a lot of photos that we have. This is our maybe our number one fan.
Speaker 1: More so Marine and Victoria, Marine and Bob big fans of the show. And when Besser signed, Marine said this to me, and no one is happier than Brock Besser signing. Then Marine, look at that beautiful, beautiful picture. You can't see the best are on television signing. There's a big picture in the in the far corner of Besser signing. She was watching another program at the top.
Speaker 4: I've strategically cut that out, but uh, I will say Marine and Bob. They're the ones remember remember Brand Canyon. They remember they did the Texas trip at then they went to Dallas and Kanyon. Donnie and Dolly Gear. This is two of my favorites. I think they went overseas and then with Donny Dollig Gear. So thank you, Uh Marine and Bob in Victoria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we appreciate that. Kate.
Speaker 10: One other photo I want to get in in this segment. This is another one of doll Dolly Wall has got a lot of good cass. This is my neighbor, Kelly Uh. He is the regional manager for Sketchers in Western Canada. Donnie Big, good.
Speaker 1: Guy, big guy. He gave me a new pair of shoes last week right here, right here. When I wear these, I feel like I'm walking on air. They are no stop. I don't feel the pavement. It's just there's off, cushy and they.
Speaker 3: Next time you go to wreck beach, shoe them.
Speaker 1: I'm not my house. My wreck beach days are over. That was the eighties. Oh thank God for that. Do you think I'm gonna go now my fifties? Who goes in their fifties? Direct? Stop it? No, I don't go in the fifties. Listen, let me get back to Kelly. He's got shoes for you and Ryan coming. He's ordered them and they're coming, and I'm gonna tell you right now, I'll drop them off to you guys. But Sketchers, I'll tell you that these shoes are oh.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're the easy slide in you.
Speaker 1: No laces, You don't have to do the laces.
Speaker 3: I for years have set up my shoes to the point where I could just slip in my feet, you know, like maybe you just loosen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a great idea. But that's not good for the back you slide in, no lacis.
Speaker 4: It's good for laziness though, No way, not your back, the back of the shoe, like you wreck the back of your shoe.
Speaker 1: Sketchers has figured that out. Yes, they've built the shoes that way.
Speaker 3: My foot goes in at the perfect angle.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure Kelly, good guy, my neighbor, he's coming over in a week. We're gonna have some fun, all right.
Speaker 3: Shoes that crown you taking him in.
Speaker 1: The wreck beach? No, thank you.
Speaker 4: So this is another thing we've got to get into here. This is unbelievable work from our good pal. He's done it every year. This is from Tristan and North Vancouver. Okay, Tristan has sent us the recap of Dolly Wall's good guys from this past season.
Speaker 1: This year, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: He decided to do it as if they were engraved on the Stanley Cup. So he says, for the fourth year in a row, I can pile the list of everyone Rick has called a good guy, pal, kid, et cetera, but have excluded things like a good actor. Okay, there's nearly four hundred names he's kept track of, including my mom, good guy, my dad, my brother, shirtless guys. He also apparently at one point called Rob Ford.
Speaker 1: So look at Barry Beck there, Donnie and I Hey, Bird's nest chickens. Look at Barry Beck. I see Arthur Griffiths good guy. Yeah, I see. Uh. There's a Bob from Victoria, Billy Joel Uh, Burt Reynolds, Burt Reynolds, Hey, Ernie Punch McLean Right at the bottom left, Ernie Punch and Barry Beck, New West Ruins, Queen's Park, Corey Hart. Where's Cory Hart?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Sunglasses at night? Was there a better song in the eighties? Upper left upper left where Cory Hart left sunglasses at night, Donny I wear my Jack is a good guy. Check is a good guy the company. Hey, we're not doing this without Check. Thank goodness for Checked Chiefs. Wagner had As was a good actor. You know, Donkey were being a good guy.
Speaker 4: Donkey Donkey is one of our submissions. Darcy Roda loved Darcy Roada Beach to Darcy Roode. I loved Darcy Roada is Uh. Farhand is on here.
Speaker 1: Don't know how he got on there. Ian Cole is on here. Uh.
Speaker 3: Glenn Ringdall, Gary Vulk, Glenn Ringdall, b C Howky our prummy VC Sports Hall of Fame, Yeah, ring.
Speaker 1: Doll, Jeremy Dodd our our our title sponsor.
Speaker 4: And look at you've ripped him a lot lately. John mckeche, John mcke you've ripped him a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm I grew up with mckeechee, Pascal and hul Hand in the eighties and down.
Speaker 4: You know it are good pals. Hars Sunder and Joe f. They're both on here, Howard Stern.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe F's on there anymore.
Speaker 4: Mike tan F moj there's I mean, it just goes on and kids in Abbotsford.
Speaker 1: Everyone's a good guy. Mike Benaviti's Mike Bullard, Mike Bullert. He wasn't good, he was a great which one? Yeah, junior eight junior b players. I have a ton of respect for those guys. Don't not Ryan, and don't you knows that it's unbelievable. And if you want to go through the whole last time, pull in Kamloops. People in Kelowna, Colona is a great place. People in Kamloops. N W S Sy's six, Patris Greco, Quentin Tarantino, Hey, great movies. Parker outcos he's on here? Where where the guys on the third row down? That's quinnch Buddy, That Queen's funny. Noah Juilson, Paul Chapman, Quin Taylor right there bottom left, Rick Talckett, I love talket, I love talket Hey Rix neighbor Kelly, the shoe guy right there, The shoe guy right.
Speaker 11: There, ricktime So Anytyronning goes on and on.
Speaker 1: Rod Stewart, some guys have all the Rod Stewart. I don't know if you go one dude.
Speaker 4: He performed at Glastonbury The Big Festival on Sunday. Oh my god, he's running around the stage.
Speaker 1: His voice sounds as good as ever. I couldn't believe he didn't.
Speaker 3: Steal all the headlines Inston.
Speaker 4: I know he didn't know he didn't, but it was unbelievable. Anyway, Thank you a ton to Tristan, to North Vancouver. I mean, the dedication here is unbelievable. If you've missed any of these, I'm gonna post it on the Donnie and Dolly Twitter and Blue Sky accounts if you want to check them out, and you can go through the entire list you because it's just it's unbelievable. Thomas Drantz is listened as a good guy. That's a bit surprising, some would say, but he's on your so there you go.
Speaker 1: Uh. Okay.
Speaker 4: Up next is our good pal Kevin Woodley from in Goal magazine to Break Though. Okay, we're gonna run down our funny clips that I've put together. This is just our second half funny clips, because we already did one at Christmas.
Speaker 1: Which was our first half.
Speaker 4: So this is the second, the second half of this season funny clips of Donnie and Dolly again. Up next on the other side, it's Kevin Woodley from NHL dot com and in Goal Magazine it's Donny Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 1: How about the chocolate chip cookie that's the best of time?
Speaker 3: Come on, you know what's a great You gonna rip chocolate chip chocolate chip cookies?
Speaker 1: Ohmeal, raise it underrated? You really are? He's you have to be over at least the agent who raisin cookies. Okay, give me your you know cookie of today. Go. The light is shining. You can't see the third Cardrick?
Speaker 3: What's that around? If you can't deal.
Speaker 1: Flory rookie card? Which where are left? Yeah? This one? Get them both out of here and get players that our team. Guys, stop going to games empty seats, bring change. Porno Dave and uh uh uh Pomo port Moody, Port Moody. And it says pomo anyways, you said, no, I screwed up. It looks like Porno Dave. But it's Pomo Dave. Why don't you just write port port Moody. But listen, he's got a good dab. Why don't you you say it correctly? They invited the national media into their backyard for a big ass barbecue, and this is why it's drama. Donny what Donny?
Speaker 3: What barbecue? I missed it?
Speaker 1: When you they when you make available you're top what barbecue?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 1: Well, you'll let me explain when you make two top six centers available in a Canadian market, Let me good to this up to your barbecue. You are inviting the national media into your backyard for a big ass barbecue. And that's what are you talking about? What you were just ripping off the No my go hold on right? You got you.
Speaker 3: Got like the friendly giant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your head looked huge. Then what do you got? Ah? Oh no, we I was gonna I was going to read this one. I was gonna read the ride, the music. So we that what you said was was pretty.
Speaker 3: Much a bang on elliots.
Speaker 1: Peterson the defenseman on ice today, Tyler Myers on ice, demp go have practice? Uh so he's getting closer, but not there yet. Done. He don't expect Dempco to play this weekend?
Speaker 3: Did you say Forbert Therey as well as as well?
Speaker 1: He took that hand in that pocket, He took the puck in the hand and Calgary done. Quebec politician and former NHL the That was way too quick.
Speaker 3: So you don't think.
Speaker 1: There's ever been a story about a former a cannuct that became a politician in Quebec. You know what, I don't think there ever has been. I and I interviewed him. Sorry, I interviewed in Reco. Did you have that banana in your head? I keep my bananas. I would like that anyways, listen, I interviewed in Ricot Jacobin. We'll make that part of the Rubber Brothers logo. I interviewed in Ricoch Chacony. I remember him there. Now that's not flat. That's the car he moved. Flurry out of the shot. It's worse now that what The third car is the one behind the puck? Move that one too? Now? How don't see anything this one? Yeah no, but you gotta put off. Okay, that's what I'm done. I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 1: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email at Checkmedia dot C Thursday and All of our guests today brought to you by the Bayside Oceanfront, a Resort. Those guests include Kevin Woodley standing by looking for a midweek escape close to home. BC residents say fifteen percent on weekdays stays at the Bayside Oceanfront Resort in Parksville. Relaxed by the ocean, enjoy great dining, golf nearby, and unwine with Island Hospitality. Book now at Bayside Resort at Parksville dot com. We're joined now by Kevin Woodley from in Goal magazine and NHL dot com, goaltending guru Goaltenders in the news for the nanchor of Canucks these days. Kevin, thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 8: I'm good.
Speaker 12: I hear it might be the last guest of the year. So is that a going on on a high note or set in the bar low for next season?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Lo, Well, it's a high note if you're the last guest of the year. It's a low note. If you're the last guest, period. We'll find out over the sun. Just so you know, Kevin, But we thank you for doing this. Your opinion of the Cannuck's ability to nail down Thatcher Demko on a three year extension.
Speaker 13: Kevin, I mean in locks in their goaltending. The term mitigates some of the risk obviously with the injury history. You know, at the end of the day, that's part of this equation, right. I happen to be maybe a little bit bigger of a believer than than others in terms of, you know, whether he can get back to being the guy he was two years ago. I saw Jim Rutherford the other day on on Toronto radio station talk about his work with you know a trainer who I believe to be Adam Francilia up in Colowna. This is a guy that Andre Bassilevski sought out last summer when he was coming off the back surgery to work with, and you saw the bounce back he had this year. So I think as the year one on this season, it became pretty clear that we weren't going to get a chance to see the best of Thatcher unless he had an offseason to sort of reset himself in sounds like he's doing all that work. Listen, if you get him even at forty five to fifty games at the level he played two years ago and having Lancing and should allow you to have a chance to do that. Then this is a good contract if, as Rutherford himself said, if if the injuries come back, then you're looking at an LTIR situation and you hope that the depth you're building up through the draft picks of the last couple of years is ready to help fill.
Speaker 12: In if we get to that eventuality.
Speaker 13: But I do believe, and I mean he's being paid like one of the best in the league, and I believe the talent is there to be one of the best in the league.
Speaker 12: It's just a matter of making it through a season healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you touched on it there, but given his health history, what's a smart workload for Thatcher Damco and Kevin Lancing.
Speaker 13: It, I mean it's probably close to a split, right, Like that's you know, and I'm sure you know that both goalies might bristle at that, I guess, right like Kevin Lankinn didn't sign here to be a backup. Thatcher Demko probably wants to prove that he can play more than that. But I think if you look at the Vesna Trophy finalist season, like when they mitigated his minutes everything was fine. The injury didn't occur until they played him at a sixty five game pace coming out of the All Star break. Someone inexplicably to be honest with you, and so keeping it around that forty five game range. And listen, every goalie wants to play every game, and I do find and we've seen teams go to this in recent years. A straight back and forth is the next best thing. You want to be in there every game because you know you're going back in. You don't worry a bad performance might leave you on the bench for a while. There's a rhythm and a timing to playing regularly. Well, what's the next best thing from every game? It's every other game. And we've seen teams use that successfully where it becomes an issue or potentially an issue. And this is a problem the Canucks would happily have is in the playoffs because one of two things happened. Tue teams go away from the back and forth because they just want to have a guy, and coaches tend to be like, well, if you don't have if you got too, it means you don't have one. Like we fall back into that stereotype, so they want to run a guy out there. Well, the problem is, if you've only played every second game all season, asking him to play every second night for three months or two and a half months, that's a pretty big ask. And so we've seen teams in the past go away from the back and forth and then when the one guy starts to wear down, then they go back to the other guy. But he hasn't played in two weeks. So it'd be interesting to see how they roll this out during the regular season. And like I said, it's a problem they'd love to have. But if you do go back and forth, and you do split it evenly, you know, it creates an interesting dynamic heading into the postseason, and one that I think few teams have managed to figure out so far.
Speaker 1: Kevin, imagine you are Archer Sea Loves. You just took the major league team, their farm team to the Calder Cup championship MVB Golden. It looks like you're on your way out. Uh, they're gonna have to move them this summer and probably get a late round pick. Kevin, But boy, oh boy, he had a great Calder Cup and now he's looking at you know, out of town.
Speaker 13: Now, well, I mean, listen, I said this during the Calder Cup run. It wasn't just about rebuilding the faith in the organization. It was about opening eyes around the league. Right, that's what you're trying to do as a twenty four year old goaltender. You know that cleared waivers and was in the American Hockey League in the first place, right coming into this season with expectations of establishing himself as a full time NHLer. It didn't happen, but good for him to get on that run, and I think there were some things that.
Speaker 12: You learn from that run.
Speaker 13: I talked to goalie coaches around the league a little bit, and a couple of them pointed out that they don't think it's a coincidence that his best hockey has come at the World Championships where he plays regularly in the playoffs last year for the Vancouver Canucks, where he got the job and ran with it and was in there every second night during a playoff run in the Calder Cup. Because like even in the American Hockey League, his numbers in the regular season over the course of five seasons, and I would argue that one hundred and ten games over five seasons is doing its service to his development in terms of not finding him enough minutes.
Speaker 12: So far in his career.
Speaker 13: But it's not until you get to the playoffs where he's playing every second night that he has that success. And so maybe part of this is this is what happens when you allow him to run with it. But the challenge will be that's not going to be the role he gets in the NHL, and so I know there's a real fear that if you don't trade him, and you're right, Rick, the return would probably be a late round pick. I would point to Daniel Tarasov, who's a higher regarded prospect, getting a fifth rounder from Florida, another in Clark draft pick from the Columbus Blue Jackets getting a fifth rounder from Florida. That's kind of what you're looking at. So if your alternative is that or risk losing him on waivers for nothing, I do think their depth chart is such that they don't mind that moving on from him, But I don't know that it's a slam donkey lose him on waivers. Everybody, like everybody makes that assumption, But the reality is if you claim him, you have to keep him in the National Hockey League. Typically we don't see those claims unless they think a team won't claim him back if they send him down.
Speaker 12: Maybe that's the case with Archer, So we'll see. I would guess.
Speaker 13: Based on the commentary so far they take, they take an asset in exchange. This is why you build up a depth chart. This is why you don't wait three years before drafting goalies. You draft an Alexei Medvedev's You've got Ty young coming, You've got Tolapilo who's signed here. You've got Aku coscin Vuo coming out of Harvard and turning pro this season.
Speaker 3: You need to.
Speaker 13: Continually have a plan, be an option coming up and pushing from the miners so that you don't get left holding the bag and looking for options in free agency, especially now when there seem to be so few.
Speaker 1: Boy, this kid Alexi Medvedev, just talking to people in Ontario. What a great draft pick. I mean, one guy in Ontario told me, just a great human being. This kid, he came over when he's fourteen to Toronto to start his you know, hockey dream in Canada. Just big, tall kid, it's got to fill out, still quick feet. What do you like about him?
Speaker 13: You mentioned the feat and ran into Marco Turanius, the Canucks goal attending coach who has You know, there's a guy with roots in Russia. He's finished, but he coached in the KHL. He knows all about Russian goaltenders as does There might be nobody nobody in the world with more connections to goaltending overseas, in Russian in particular than in Clark. And so they understand the foundations that Medvedev talked about after being drafted, that skating, that old school tretchiak, no pucks on the ice, no shooters, just skating foundations that they build into their goaltenders in Russia at an early age before adding technique later. Now, Medvedev getting the technique here is a bonus because it's more North American style, which fits the North American game. So he kind of fits that mold. And this is why we've seen so many Russian goaltenders have success over here because of those foundations in movement and skating, and as the game becomes so dynamic east west, you have to be able to move. You have to be able to move not just from your skates, standing up from your knees and the thing that jumped out to Taranneus watching Medvedev after that first day here on Monday at development camp. The comparison he made in terms of his ability on his edges and his ability to access edges with power from his knees and have still, you know, even at end range of movements, still have explosive pushes. The comparison he made was andre Vassilevski, which is, hey, listen, let's not get carried away here. Obviously a pretty high target, but not a bad first impression to make if you're Alexi Medvedev on your new goaltendant coach, the person you know. They talked about Ian Clark in the role he played in this draft pick in success rate from draft to National Hockey League is over seventy percent. So that's there's the value there. There's how you build up a depth chart. We talked about Columbus trading Daniel Tarasov. That's a guy he picked too. Like there's still how many years later after leaving the Blue Jackets still have guys in the system that are coming up that he was drafted, and so building that pipeline is important. That it looks like Medvedev has the potential and we'll see. But as the potential with the size, with the tools, with the skills to maybe pass other guys down the road, whether it's young, whether it's costin kinvuoh and and be a higher ceiling option.
Speaker 12: We'll see.
Speaker 13: But at the end of the day, having that depth chart and having options each and every year coming up, pushing up the guys ahead of them, that's a good thing for the Vancouver Canucks is what most most teams need.
Speaker 12: And again, if.
Speaker 13: Guys aren't going to get the free agency because they all resigned with their team, this is going to be a crucial element for teams to have that baked in and built in into their organization moving forward.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Marco Turennis and earlier Ian Clark, and it's a bit muddled for us here, and I think for the fans out there, Kevin, what's that? And Ian has been with the organization for so long in two different terms, what's the division of work there?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, I think after the last year, you know, taking the director title away when he wanted to move away from the goalie coaching. Physically, I believe he's a scout now right, so he's doing suting and you know, Todd Harvey made it clear that he played a role in this pick, which doesn't surprise me. If you have an asset like that, why wouldn't you use it again? Given that success rate? So there seems to be for whatever friction there is between Ian and the organization, clearly at least they're using.
Speaker 12: Him in that regard.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 13: And that's how you end up with a guy like Alexei Medvedev and, like I said, a depth chart that will probably serve them well now for the next four or five years, regardless of whether Ian continues with his contract or gets a director offer.
Speaker 12: From another team.
Speaker 13: And we'll have to see if that happens, because, like I just said, there's a track record there. I don't know why you wouldn't want that in your organization, especially again, as things shift and teams continue to just resign their own guys, why wouldn't you want that baked in? And yet around the league, and this is where the Canucks is are credit around the league, nobody wants to pay for it. Like typically teams will not spend We've seen directors of goaltending and other organizations. Ian wasn't the first, but what they're willing to pay for it is often less than a goalie coach, So.
Speaker 12: It would be really curious to see.
Speaker 13: Uh if teams want to maintain that status quo, if anybody's willing to come pay top dollar and get in.
Speaker 12: And Clark to make him their director.
Speaker 13: I know what I do, but I'm biased, right like I I've always maintained and open about my bias. There In is the guy that introduced me to goaltending during as you said, Donnie, his first stint with the Vancouver Canus.
Speaker 3: Kevin, there's a reason you're our final guest this season because we wanted to end with the bang. We can't thank you enough, not just for this hit, but all the hits you do with us throughout the hockey season. Can't thank you enough.
Speaker 12: It's my pleasure.
Speaker 13: If I knew it was the final guy, I would have brought out a nice Hawaiian shirt for Rick.
Speaker 12: Apologies there.
Speaker 13: It just means that Rick's gonna have to actually take me golfing one of these summers.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that, Kevin, have a great summer.
Speaker 3: Take care, guys, Kevin WOODLEYNHL dot Com in Goal Magazine. Okay, we're gonna take a break a little behind here.
Speaker 1: Pull question.
Speaker 3: Wadling Dog poll question will updated next. Donnie Dillar the team want.
Speaker 6: Check Donnie and Dollie. The team is supported by able Auctions dot CA. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 1: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca. A that's sales at a b l E Auctions dot CA. Wadling Dog poll question. We can't thank the Wadling Doog enough for jumping aboard with our show. Who's the one of Victory his favorite pubs The Dog where you can enjoy twenty taps, twenty screens. Yea home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today.
Speaker 1: Ryan get her up the Wadling Dog pop poll questioning. It is very simple. After the moves over the past ten days, do you believe the Canucks can make the playoffs next year? And look at this, sixty three percent say yes, a lot of positivity in the air. Thirty seven percent say no though, fourteen hundred almost fifteen hundred votes, so a lot of people are thinking postseason back next year.
Speaker 3: And development camp continues for the Canucks this week very quickly bow and Byram right before we get the band names.
Speaker 1: His situation is coming to a close here soon because his agent might file for arbitrations soon and if he does, then he can't get an offer sheet. But it looks like the Saint Louis Blues are trying really hard to get bow and Byrum this morning dawn. So keeping on the Cranbrook Native, former Vancouver Giant, Boon and Birom.
Speaker 3: And they did some business with Pugh Sitter earlier this week. Okay, as you know, throughout the year, somebody will say something here, a little phrase or a word. We think that's a bad name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this goes back to our days.
Speaker 3: At ten forty and at the end of every year, at the end of every season, if you want to call it that broadcasting season, we release our band names. Derek, you got the list here? Do we have some appropriate music at all?
Speaker 1: Ryan?
Speaker 3: There you go? Okay, here we go. How many pages is, by the way, Derek three? Okay, cadaver groin.
Speaker 1: What was that about?
Speaker 4: What I really need to start keeping a running? Yeah, cadaver, I remember saying cadaver.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but growing that's heavy metal for sure. A Cookie of Today.
Speaker 4: You just heard that in the clip that was in the Best.
Speaker 3: Of Okay, Hammed staved and brake, kind of like Peter Paula Mari. Yeah, slapgate. That would be Will Smith.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, that wasn't this year.
Speaker 3: No, but we might have called maybe slapgate talking about it. Soup of Yesterday, anti Mustard, early Kim what was that?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Something about Kardashian sam a lamp right, Swedish coach. Negative zero. Well, that's good week. That's that's your winner.
Speaker 1: I think it was earlier this week. It was earlier this week. Negative zero.
Speaker 3: Another page there. Antenna era, the antenna era of televisions, which I'm sure we brought up.
Speaker 1: This is the winner.
Speaker 3: This next one that I don't know, Yes, is that going to sell albums?
Speaker 1: Pocket of Dullness?
Speaker 3: Pocket of Dullness?
Speaker 1: I like that, tend to noon on Jack Pocket of Dullness.
Speaker 3: It might work it's so bad. It's good anti Dawn pretty much every texture. We have another sprong situation that happened at Wreck Beach up bing the E K the K where'd the A come from? Joel Erickson maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh Joel Ericson?
Speaker 3: Ok?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah better?
Speaker 3: Would better? Would the actual hulk?
Speaker 1: That bad one.
Speaker 3: Hand?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the winner. It's like Shannon's podcast. That's Rod. That's Rod. Also pretty good.
Speaker 3: Cheese, Fatigue River, the Nile, Mister boy Band, Wild Finished, Koivu. That's gotta be one of yours, Mika Kou, Pogie and Johnson. Not bad felma UMAs.
Speaker 1: That was kill Bill, kill Bill, Yeah, kill Bill she started kill Bill.
Speaker 3: Well, not that name, but close enough. Sma Thermon. Of course, matt Head.
Speaker 1: That's good side of the Tourso.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: Somebody in this room is dealing with the interesting side of the torso at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your kid, Oh yeah, exactly, yeah, Sunburn.
Speaker 3: Paysinger Stone, Rusty Stobs, the Monkey Species, Dawn and Day. I'm going on hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Hand Pocket of Dullness. Man is on one hundred percent hand would win. I like the Pocket of Dullness. The heck is underrate.
Speaker 11: Heck, yeah, oh, one hundred percent. Hand. Anything with hand or meat in it is usually pretty good. Yeah, fish often works.
Speaker 1: Okay, very nice.
Speaker 3: We're basically entertaining ourselves right now pretty much. I know people are watching this girl. What the hell are they talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know what it all started for us at sports page band names. There was a band that came through town and it played at the town Pump and the name of the band was Chocolate Bunnies from Hell Wow. And we just thought it was the greatest thing in the world. And from that point on we started, you know, band names, Chocolate Bunnies from Hell. I don't know. I thought it was a great to great band name.
Speaker 5: What was the one Oh, there's a band as a squirrel one a one year, there's a band coming to the p and e oh there, yeah, Raymond, Rainbow Kitten Surprise this man, I remember we talked about the lineup. Yeah, and Rainbow Kitten Surprise got a lot, yeah, a lot of pub.
Speaker 1: When they were announced.
Speaker 3: Tragically, hip is a great name.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know that came from a Monkey's episode. Really, that's what it came for. Mike Nesmith said it on a Monkey's episode and Gordon the boys liked it so much they made it a band name business pastime.
Speaker 1: That's that's my that's that's for me to go.
Speaker 3: You know every time we do a show this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get texts every day from Magic Cuts. They gotta stop sending me text two to three a day and it's starting to piss me off. Hit stop. I called him and I said, she said, you got an appointment. I said no, I said, you gotta stop sending me text.
Speaker 3: You gave them your number.
Speaker 1: You've got to reply with stop I did. I said stop every day. I just got one from Magic Cuts and they're pissing me off every day, two to three a day.
Speaker 3: You should get a reminder about parking.
Speaker 1: I should get a free haircut after all these texts. Anyways, where was that?
Speaker 3: Well you signed up? That's the problem.
Speaker 1: I gave her my number.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I shouldn't say, just politely say you know what, I'm good?
Speaker 1: Opt out?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you go to Magic Cuts once in a while? I go Barbara to Barbara to Barbara, what no mad name for? I go work it down for next year. I go with there's no lineup. If I go to a barber and I see a lineup both, I'm out of there. I am not waiting forty minutes to get my hair.
Speaker 3: I have the best barber in the world. Oh, Sabrina, he does it out of her house.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's amazing. I wouldn't mind that. If I see a lineup, I'm gone use great clips. You check in online, you see how much time, then you can wait. I'm not I told you technology. I don't like it. I'm we know. I'm an old school guy.
Speaker 3: If I I saaking a parking ticket.
Speaker 1: Barbara to Barbara, I'll go to five barbers before I find no lineup. Five barbers another man.
Speaker 4: All that time driving around for barbers, that's what I just waited, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sit and wait for a haircut.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If you're in the mall and you see that, you know a busy barber. Yeah going there.
Speaker 1: No. If there's six guys sitting at a barber shop before me, that's fifty other names. That's fifty minutes. Tommy guns, I'm out of there. Tommy gun guns been to expensive. But man, oh and listen, I want to get ris by. Okay, So let's and some of the Barber sheets. Now. Oh yeah, well Tommy you you recall, can we get the business done? If we don't get this Risbot story, I'm all because you'll never held over a DTMZ story. Barbara to Barbara Barber. Now looking for a gift for a sportsman, how about an addition to your man cave. Pastime Sports the place to visit. Check out the largest selection of sports member billy autographed items, trading cards and collectible games of Western Canada. Four locations, Langley, Metrotown, Guildford Mall and look at this Capital anam all in North Fan. If you can't miss them in store, you can shop their massive collection online. That Pastime Sports dots eight.
Speaker 4: We are getting people saying, Barbara to Barbara to Barbara has to be a band name. Maybe Derek started up all right, So cards of the Day. I decided to pick your two buddies, both of you. These are good pals of yours. Nick Capela are on the left, which is Dolly Wall's good pal. And nobody has a twinkle in Taylor's eye more than Cook McClain.
Speaker 1: So that's the side. That's the two cards. That's gold tender connects your two buddies there the best defensive lineman the lines history Canadian SFU. Good guy Bernard, you ran into him into the mall lately recently at garden Works. At Garden Works, you guys talk Nick Kepler, my favorite BC line of all time.
Speaker 3: Love them.
Speaker 1: We're good Yep.
Speaker 3: Thetmg nex Donny and telling the team on check. Love the crack of a baseball bat or the smell of hot dogs. The Vancouver Canadians have you covered.
Speaker 1: Come enjoy a Vancouver summer tradition with three foot hot dogs, sushi races, fireworks and blue Jay prospects, all at the iconic Rogers Field and not Bailey Stadium.
Speaker 3: Visit Canadians Baseball dot com to get your tickets into tails on all the summer fun the Seas have to offer.
Speaker 1: That's Canadians Baseball dot Com. Come for the fun and stay for the baseball. Yeah, it's eleven thirty three on a Thursday morning. It is Donny Dowley on Check TV. Now time for DTMZ to you by the world famous Wistlan Golf Club, coache Big l out There, Great track, Great Track.
Speaker 3: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Designster golf Club, reminding golfers that tea times can be booked online for any time during twenty twenty five. Get your tea times locked in now at wistergolf dot com. Austin, Texas. Last week, Rick Yeah, a slick talking, cowboy hat wearing robot named Jake the Risbot. This is a robot Buddy Wow, stunned locals and the internet with its athletic proficiency and ability to converse a third line center for the Caducks. The child sized AI powered robot was captured on video during a night on the town all around Austin. Jake is four feet tall, seventy seven pounds, cost sixteen thousand dollars, and Jake has no problems handing out compliments.
Speaker 14: Hey, my name is Jake, but perhaps better known as Riz. It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you is bot.
Speaker 14: Yo g That white baseball cabin straight banging, and that logo sheeting you keep it so homely, my homie. That beard's cold and that mustache is Are you look clean? Nephew?
Speaker 1: Gee?
Speaker 14: That black smart watch is straight iced down and that white he's banging. You got that clean drip locked down? You got that boss energy g and you rocking.
Speaker 1: It with style. Props to you.
Speaker 14: You're a solid boss for real.
Speaker 3: Oh creepy, And but people laughing and don't they know that he's going to probably be taking over whatever job they have. That's about a week. That's the worry impression. The man who owns and operates Jacob unidentified, was alongside his machine in Austin, eager to show off his latest gadget. Wasn't bothered when Jake's battery started to die. I tell people maybe you'd be able to see Jake faint crazy Crazy Birthdays July third, our final show of the year or this season, folks, July third, six birthdays line set at six lots of confidence from heavy Metal Diane's Trophy Shop and Casino located in Beautiful the Midgee, Minnesota, and we thank Diane for her support rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Here we go, all right.
Speaker 3: Canadian defenseman drafted in round five by the Caduction ninety two and Quin Taylor joining us for this scored twenty three goals for the Caduction ninety eight ninety nine Defenseman created to Tampa in one in the depot. Yes, very good. Buffalo Sabers Senior advisor from Finland, GM of the Blue Jackets from twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Oh Temple Kaklina Cocklina, that's good.
Speaker 3: Left wing left winger from Minnesota, Captain of the Islanders since twenty eight Lee, Swedish winger played six NHL seasons in the eighties, all with Calgary This is the eighties. Scored fifty goals for the Flames in eighty seven eighty eight, helped the Flames win the Stanley Cup in eighty line.
Speaker 1: Remember of the all named hock and Loop, Hack and lube.
Speaker 4: Wow, famous famous ten forty clip involving be.
Speaker 1: Back in that name.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is this is unbelievable. Hockey Hall of Fame finished. Right winger scored seventy six goals teams Slani That team move. Sixty three year old actor born in Syracuse. Star of eight Mission Impossible film. Wow you like your mission music?
Speaker 1: Who doesn't know miss that Mission Impossible? Come on, Jerry maguire, of course, Yeah, that's where you were. You know.
Speaker 3: His best movie was I thought and some people will say top Gun.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, but I know where you're gonna go.
Speaker 3: Born in the fourth of July. It was tremendous in it.
Speaker 1: What did you think was there? Was the director?
Speaker 3: You like Coubrick, Oh Eyes, White Shot? That was good?
Speaker 1: Do you see and you ever saw a lot of people didn't like it, Quinn bang on good Good Call. That was a good movie. No, I haven't seen it. All right, we're good.
Speaker 3: Yep, thanks for that, Quinn, who's also helping us producing today Huey Lewis. Meanwhile, as we get ready for is it just me? Huey Lewis one of your favorites? Oh you list in the News turn seventy five Sunday and he and the News are going to play us out.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you don't have the title? What is this? Back to the future?
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, I don't have it.
Speaker 1: Just play something off sports sports. Power of Love was power of Love on that Power of Love. Power was a great song.
Speaker 3: Power of Love was from Back to the Future.
Speaker 1: So was that on a sport? Go for it? Yeah, that's a great song.
Speaker 3: This is Huey Lewis and the News Power of Love on check eighties music that's hotter than legwarmers on a BC Thursday morning.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: It's next?
Speaker 1: It's June rbr Days at Surrey Mitsubishi slide into the twenty twenty five Mitsubishi RBR SUV. Bolt styling, sporty handling and tech that keeps you ahead.
Speaker 3: Right now, drive away in the RBR SUV for just one fifty two bi weekly plus taxes at feast plus. Get up the fifteen hundred dollars extra for your trade in this month.
Speaker 1: Only fun to drive, easy to own. But this deal ends soon. Visit them at thirteen eight twenty one oh fourth Avenue and Surrey. You're online at Surrey Mitsubishi dot CA.
Speaker 3: All right, is it just me? A little bonus cannuct coverage as well during this segment? But first photos.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna go tubing the Tickton Channel Yesterday Stu and So Surrey with his family. The sports page hat saved my head from a nasty burn. Look at this Stu and South Surrey at the pen Ticton Channel yesterday. Sports page had on looking like a million bucks? What a great photo? How relax does that do? Huh? Cool?
Speaker 3: I never I've never done that. I've been driven by it a million times. Yeah, looks pretty cool? Yeah? What else?
Speaker 1: Very nice pick. We're gonna go overseas to Japan. Wrapping the d and d at the actual support of Brewery Beer Garden overseas.
Speaker 3: I think it's ripping Reppin rather.
Speaker 1: I said reppin Sapporo, Japan. From left to right, Rob, Mark Colin and lastly Courtney Todd. Look at this, great guys, Donny and Dolly hats Sipporo Brewery, Beer Garden and SUPPORTO Japan.
Speaker 3: Getting excited right Well, I.
Speaker 1: Hate bananas during the break. I do it every time. Anyways, Hey, Courtney Todd, thanks for that photo in Supporo, Japan.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Todd? All right? Is it just me? But do we not have a significant moment to show you? The video is not great here I'll agree to this, but significantly it's.
Speaker 1: Braiden Coots is scored.
Speaker 3: Roll it here Development camp scrimmage. It got picked up late, so but there's Braiden Coots scoring a goal in a scrimmage at Canucks Development.
Speaker 1: Canucks first round pick a really really good centerman out of Seattle with the Thunderbirds Downey. This guy's the youngest captain in the Western Hockey League. Excellent. Picked by the Canucks at fifteenth overall, right hand or wearing number eighty.
Speaker 3: I would say that's a significant moment.
Speaker 1: Come on, you don't think people.
Speaker 3: Want to see that.
Speaker 1: When Trevor Linnon got here and scored his first goal at camp in eighty nine, fans win nuts. There you go, people are interested in the Canucks. That is just in.
Speaker 3: I should also mention that Port Moody's Parker Elkos has also scored a goal at that development camp scrimmage.
Speaker 1: What do you got for? Is it just me? Jumping from barber barber? Is grounds for losing your man card? Find a barber and stick with him for life. I still drive to Towason for my barber, Hey Connor and Abbey goes to tow Wasson for his barber.
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Or does Check not have all summer to figure out a way to air AHL Canucks games? Also?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 14: Or?
Speaker 3: Is is Quinn going to be the D and D Canucks reporter next season? And this is unsigned? But I believe our company did consider this is from that's from west Bank Eric, by the way, or did consider doing AHL games?
Speaker 1: This is? This costs involved, like we talked about, right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what I'm going to miss? More over the summer Rick screwing up names or don bringing up some story or reference from the nineteen thirties? Whoa Sheldon? It?
Speaker 3: Sorry Sheldon? And that was the one I want to I read the start of the show. That's that's very good. Shots a lot he watches though it is it just me? From Scotty in Vancouver. I'm one hundred percent with Donnie. Oatmeal Raisin is the best. Yet I can't stand raisins on their own goal figure, he says, Happy summer. That's Scotti in Vancouver. That's from our best of reel Oatmeal Raisin, speaking of things to the nineteen thirties, the best cookie? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Or is Donnie right about Kamloo's being like Spain? Look up Johnson Lake just north of Kamlos. By the way, Ryan salmon Arm does have nice water. Jordan is salmon Arm.
Speaker 3: Put that in your pipe? Has spoke it?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great text, Go go because I'm a little behind here.
Speaker 1: Uh how is this? How is this the season finale? My summer workdays will absolutely drag without D and D Eric and News have a great summer.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell so many submissions today. This is from curling Guy in the whack. Is it just me or Sam Bennett the bizarro Mitch Marner. Bennett's regular season career, his career best is fifty one points, but he's a playoff monster. Which guy would you rather have on your team? Curling guy in the whack? Yeah, that's a great submission with Sam Bennett. I think it was one hundred and twenty players something like that that finished ahead of them, ahead of him in the National Hockey League in points. But look what he did. What it's a consomp with trophy Martin. Might help get you to the playoffs, but once you're there, you want Bennett.
Speaker 1: Clutch Bennett is Why have the Canucks soured on Joshua That's a really good question. He's available out there right now, Donny, and I wonder if they use him this summer to get a center. And you talked about a hip problem, Well, the second half of the season he had a lingering hip issue.
Speaker 3: Is it just me on signed? But I bet Rick had his binoculars when he went to.
Speaker 1: Rect No, you don't go to Wreck Beach? Do people still go there?
Speaker 3: I don't know, No, I mean probably yes. I mean why wouldn't they?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you mean why would they? What's the fact, did they get rid of the beach?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: What's the fascination with it? I went? Why did you go there? I went in the eighties. You're curious, dumb kid. Fine, we were teenagers. Postman Friend is just me.
Speaker 3: But the only stare is Dolly does at Wreck Beach are stairs with his eyes again for Postman Friend.
Speaker 1: It's a great workout. I'm not making fun of the worst staring at people. Donnie going up and down the stairs of Wreck Beach is a damn hard workout. Go try it. It's hard. Good Guy John and Kim Yum Yum go Mate Donuts in New West. She chief Swagger from Hell's Kitchen. Hell, did you just say, listen to me? That's my buddy Beach to Yum yum My buddy John my one of my best friends. He owns Young Gourmet Donuts in New West. Go see Johnny in the New West Great Donuts.
Speaker 3: Is it just me from Doctor Dougie? But I didn't see Stu McNish on The Good Guy A list for people who don't know. Stu is in charge of our of Obois Studios in downtown Vancouver, where we doe this show, not in Victoria where check is located. But our apologies to Stu. He's looking at me right now, the evil eye.
Speaker 1: Oh there's Stu right there. Yeah, yeah, let's get him a plug. Just oh boy, studios, we come here. It's a little bit cool. He's got to fix the air condition. It's ridiculous. It's minus forty.
Speaker 3: He's headed to the Wrect Beach.
Speaker 1: No, he's not justin and East Van. As much as I'd like to have thatch your dempko signed for twenty years, I'm reminded of Rick deep Pietro's anchor contract fifteen with the Islanders. They're still paying them, by the way, I think, I think he still gets money from the Island.
Speaker 3: I've never seen I remember seeing Rick d Pietro live. I've never seen a goaltender who skated as well as him, just handling the whole bit. Stopping it might have been a bit of an issue, But I guess the Canucks can thank the Islanders for that decision because it because that meant they got rid of long ago bingo and off he went to Florida and he was able to come to Vancouver years later. That's a greunny the way things work out. Uh, Double Dion on bead Street. Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: I went down to coaches, I coaches Corner, YouTube rabbit Hole last night, pure comfort food. Nobody loved the game more than Don Cherry or his hard on his sleeve every Saturday night. Never apologized for his pride in being Canadian, and shame on the people at Rogers because that Canadian pride is one of the reasons why Don Cherry got let go.
Speaker 1: If you ask me, absolutely, and we grew up with Cherry in the seventies and eighties. Ninety one years old, I believe that he was must must watch TV.
Speaker 3: But thanks to Double Dion. Okay, a break and then we'll wrap We'll wrap up the show, the week and the season of D and D. Next, Donnie Della the Team One. Jack The Waddling Dog Pop has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's.
Speaker 1: Favorite water holes.
Speaker 3: With twenty TVs, twenty local and domestic taps, and over two hundred seats, The Waddling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop, with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry terminal, there are countless reasons to come, sit and stay at the Waddling Dog DoD Pole.
Speaker 1: All right, Ryan, get her up the Watling Dog pop Pole question. It is, after the movies that Canucks made in the past ten days, going to make the playoffs next year? Sixty three percent say yes, but you know what, forty thirty seven percent say no. Fifteen hundred votes already.
Speaker 3: I thought it would be the other way around. But it's been a pretty good to two weeks positive for the Vancouver Canucks. Snuck fans are highlighted by that Braiden Coots gold.
Speaker 1: Yes, Braiden Coot's a great draft pick by the Canucks. You're gonna love this guy.
Speaker 3: Down the road photos you anymore?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: A quick Happy Birthday to a Jordan big fan of the show. Turning thirty today. Remember thirty. I don't remember thirty. You remember thirty.
Speaker 3: Winter long ago and especially although to Sarah going through some tough.
Speaker 1: Times with the dog. Okay, so Ryan, where are we going? This is Boundary Bay? Yeah, okay. So this is Robin Poco with his better half Sylvana Sandy, the beautiful lab. Look. I love labs. I love labs and beloved D and D bucket hat and Boundary Bay on Canada Day. Look at that beautiful water there, Robin Poco looking good, the whole nine yards and the beautiful lab Sandy. And another picture final one here Ricky Buzz Kingman. He's a big fan of Cap. Bought at Waddling Dog. You know he's out at the farm right there. I love farms, good hard work of people on every farm everywhere you go, Buzz k Kingman. But Cap bought at Waddling Dog. Yeah.
Speaker 4: A couple of things quickly when it comes to king When it comes to our merch, and Buzz mentioned it there. You can buy our Donnie Dolly merch at the Wattling Dog Pub, the Bayside resort that's on the island, also online at the link right there, which you can find on Twitter account and at the BC Sports Hall of Fame. So if you want to grab some D and D mercher of the summer, you can and those are the locations.
Speaker 3: Also BC Sports All Fame in BC Place.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, very quickly. News just breaking moments ago. The biggest free agent remaining, Nick Eithers, is heading to Carolina. According to Elly Freeman, no details yet on the contract of what that's gonna look like, but he looks like he's going to uh, the Carolina Hurricanes.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Yep, they need them and they need some punch. Well they needed a center, but they get Nick. Nick heelers and Washington was also in the fight for him.
Speaker 1: Trade Meandre Miller big trader this week for that's right? Oh yeah, they got him to Hurricanes.
Speaker 3: U s, Nick? Is it just well they lost Brent Burns, right us?
Speaker 1: Nick? Is it just me?
Speaker 3: But because today's your last day, the Canucks will make a big transaction tomorrow, new s.
Speaker 1: Nick, You are bang on, bang on. Even a robot moves faster than Peterson. Dwight. Dwight taking a shot at Peterson. That's a good one. That's a good submission.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how much tell me I have left. How much time one minute before music? One minute before music, so like ninety seconds? Okay, I think that's the yum yum donus one here?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's my buddy Johnny.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, this is unsigned?
Speaker 9: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: But you guys make a great point. The Devorrex signing was the NHL's biggest overpay so far career thirty point guy no goals gets five point four milk one year deal from the Flyers. Did talkt have him in Arizona?
Speaker 1: Yes he did, right, Yes he did. And Garland played well, knows the player well, he knows. That's a big reason why he went to Philly. Was Rick Talckett take that today?
Speaker 3: They've got room one year deal. I guess it makes sense, and there's competition.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have to worry about Check canceling your show. If they're smart, they will do even more of it. And you guys deserve a pay raise. Can you send that over to Rob over Victoria. That's our boss, Rob, and thank you to Check Donnie. They saved us and when ten forty went down, absolutely great BC Born company. We don't have to put up with Toronto crap.
Speaker 3: Okay, except for interviews stations. So there's that. Enough of our complaining again, folks. We can't thank you enough for our support and that goes for our great clients as well well. One last time this season will be off of Ryan, Derek, Quinn Rick. Everybody here at Oh Boy, check I've done you have to date the will sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.