Speaker 1: All right, welcome everybody. We're back with my good buddy David Patrick Harry, who is now doctor David Patrick Harry. Don't you dare fail to leave out that PhD. He's got the ability to write dissertations, he can do surgeries. He's a doctor now he can do it all. Just kidding. Congratulations, doctor d Thanks brother.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. You know, it's been in a long time in the making, and I remember talking to you back in like twenty twenty one twenty two about and I changed my dissertation topic so I had to basically restart after doing all the research to start on one which is actually going to tie with today's stream because the initially I was going to do one on the history of psychedelic mysticism, which then got changed to transhumanism. So finally glad to be done with that and pretty anxious to finally get that published and have an actual physical book to sell and go along with some of my research and work. So I appreciate the congratulations and thanks for having me on to it. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I caught the debate that you guys had as your sort of panel debate with your Gnostic dude, And I was just realizing how like it seems like gnostics and cult leaders like they all kind of drift in the domain of looking more and more like Manson. They all kind of like take they do a Manson vibe and aesthetic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was convince it's that, you know, the whole Rigman role that Jesus was a mushroom, which comes out of John Marco Allegro's book. It's like the Sacred Mushrooms.
Speaker 1: When you said that, I was going to ask you about Allegro. But we'll get to that here in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Yeah, well I'll save it from when we get to it then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well before we get to before we get to all that. So, uh, you know, you've had a pretty wild, uh exciting journey. I mean you had, you know, time that you spent overseas. You were in China for a long time. Did you get into a lot of like did you study kind of Eastern Eastern philosophy during that period in your life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh, during my undergrad so I grew up kind of like conservative Methodist, and I remember I took a Bible course at my university during undergrad and it was by a critical scholar who wasn't Christian, and so I was introduced like the multiple multiple authorship theory of the Gospels and the syncretism between the Epic of Gilgamesh and just totally annihilated this naive methodist Christianity I grew up with. And so I took another course on intro to world religions and became really interested in Daoism, Buddhism specifically, but also also Hinduism and just Eastern mysticism generally speaking. And so I did to study abroad trips to southern China at Sunyat, sin junk Shandashue and Guangzhou, and that was really eye opening because Chinese culture is not the antiquated Confucian Dallas blend that most people think. I mean, they're very pragmatic, like capitalist oriented people, so they are not very much interested in some of that ancient history that I liked. But yeah, I spent two summers there and was really interested in the Eastern mysts. At that time. I was like getting into Alan Watts and that type of stuff and thinking that this perennial spirituality somehow led to like ultimate universal truth. So yeah, that was a go ahead, No.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I was just trying to refrain, rushed myself on. I know you spent time over there, and I remember you saying that when you came back, you know, you realized, like this wasn't really the the mysticism that I expected it to be. The Chinese people weren't really that into it that you said. They were very pragmatic and basically kind of a pretty much just capitalist for the most part, I guess, but uh, how and then you and then you kind of got more into focusing academically on writing originally on shrooms or you said you changed the original thesis. What did it change from?
Speaker 2: So? Uh that was during undergrad and I finished the capstone project was on theories of magic. So I was interested in the ways in which some of the founders of the field of religious studies began to categor categorize the difference between magic and religion and science. That was a you know, uh, Frasier and Taylor and those types of guys, those early sociologists Durkheim. And during my master's degree, which was at the University of Illinois, I was deeply embedded into the psychoonot psychedelic mysticism worldview, Terence McKinnon, Timothy Leary, Robert Anton Wilson, you know, all those same characters. And during the master's program, I worked with an early Christian scholar and focused on really gnosticism and hermeticism during the time of the kind of the first three hundred years of Christianity and looking at that cultural malu And then there was a Native American scholar doctor treat at the University of Illinois, and with him I did a research project on like psychedelic shamanism, and at that time I was completely convinced of this sort of perennial, hermetic, magical, psychedelic worldview. But that my time there, especially working with the early Christian scholar, is that he told me one time he spent like a whole year, year and a half writing an article, and I was asking him about it during office hours. He's like, yeah, I essentially write this. There's one other scholar in Europe then they study the exact same thing, and he spends all this time to write articles, and essentially it's just a handful of other academics around the world that are even engaging in that conversation. And I realized damn that your whole career is just doing research for like three or four other people to actually interpret and understand. I thought, Man, I don't want to do any historical scholarship. It seems kind of boring. And so when I applied for the PhD program, initially I got accepted to study people who are spiritual but not religious and why they appropriate certain symbols. So anybody who's familiar with the rise of the nuns inne that's not in u n Those are people that when they fill out a Pew Research Center like religious demographic in the United States, they fill out the very bottom selection, which is none of the above, and that incorporates atheists, agnostics, but mostly people who are spiritual not religious, which is like eighty five percent of that cohort. So the majority of the people who are nuns people who identify as I'm spiritual but I'm not religious. And I think it was twenty eighteen that that non category became the and they differentiate Protestant from Catholicism, but it became the like thirty eight percent, like the biggest single demographic in the Pew Research Center, And so it was a kind of a hot topic that's why I got accepted for it. And during that period I actually read this book right here of the Psychedelic Gospels, which is going to come up in our conversation. And actually doctor Jerry Brown was on my PhD committee. So the people that were on my PhD committee had to a you know, very different They weren't Orthodox Christians, they had different interpretations of stuff. But what his research did was basically show that these frescoes that arrive really from the late nine hundreds and into the very early thirteen hundreds depicted like this weird mushroom relationship with Christ and people during that time really began to argue, based on John Marco Legro and tying all this stuff, well, look, this is evidence that Christianity used magic mushrooms. And at that time I had a previous YouTube channel promoting psychedelics and so I thought, oh, that's great. Well, even as a psychoanod when I read the book and then did a research paper on that topic, I came to the conclusion that this really wasn't connected with historical Christianity. I wasn't even a Christian at the time. What it was tied to was the resurgence of a gnostic heresy that came from the East and entered into southern France, the Cathars, the Albagensians, and so where they were finding a lot of this evidence, be it in Germany and France, northern Italy and even places in Turkey. There were always around these sort of gnostic heresies. So I wrote a paper not arguing that it was the historical Eucharist, but actually there were Gnostic practices, and that led to another research paper I wrote trying to look at gnostic sects like the Carpocrations and the Borbarites, who were actually engaging in explicit psychedelic and deberating use for these magical gnostic initiation purposes. So from there I thought, man, I bet because I was familiar with at least Eastern Orthodoxy having icons. I thought, man with all those icons, because when you look at some of the evidence here it is sort of iconographic if you will, Like this is in this right here is the depiction of Adam and Eve at the bottom of the Jesse tree in Hildesheim, Germany, and clearly they're pulling these little white balls off and eating them, which again was insinuated by the author and other people have looked at it at some type of psychedelic aminitemiscaria use. So I thought, man, I wonder if Eastern Orthodoxy he's gonna have all this stuff. So I took a PhD Course on the history and theology of the Orthodox Church, and that didn't and so I was ingratiated to Orthodoxy from that. Definitely didn't find any of the mushrooms I found in these cathar frescoes, but became aware of the worldview in the paradigm.
Speaker 1: I thought, wow, that let me ask you a question. Hold on, say, let me ask your question. So, just for my own interest in research, I remember encountering this idea, probably probably around twenty ten eleven twelve was the first time I heard this idea, maybe a little bit early, maybe two thousand and seven or eight, And I think it was like the early early phases of like the Joe Rogan remember when Joe Rogan started out and he was doing podcasts on his couch and and I remember them discussing this, you know, el John Lagro's book, And so first question is is a Legro the first one to pause of this theory or this other book that you're talking about and second question, are they actually looking at frescoes that actually have mushrooms or are they interpreting the frescoes to be mushrooms? And they and but they're actually you said they're fresco So how much of this, how much of is bullshit? How much of it's reels want to try to say.
Speaker 2: Sure so John marcro Alegro's book, The Sacred Mushroom of the Cross is first he worked on the Dead Sea Scrolls. He was one of the scholars, and he was an expert in Semitic languages and Samrian and stuff like that. Well, apparently there was some type of problem he had with some of the other scholars because they weren't presenting all the translations and stuff they had found. So he wrote this book arguing, based on linguistics and etymology, that Christianity emerges from a mushroom fertility cold, that Jesus Christ was not a historical person, that the name Jesus actually came from a Samerian word for semen dripping mushroom, and that this was the sort of origins, and that because of the dogmatization of Christianity and the institutional forming of it, that they cleansed the inebriating Eucharist and made it essentially a sober symbol as opposed to what the or the early Christians or some of the ancient period that they are engaging with. So that has been totally debunked at this point. That book is only regurgitated by the psychedelic psychle Nott culture. There. I double checked today just looking at like Academia, I cannot find a single linguist, a single classicist, and these are atheist scholars, these aren't Christians or a single religious studies scholar that that still argues that John Marco Alegro's book has any validity to it.
Speaker 1: I did, and I knew he was actually eventually sort of kicked out of academia because he had some other weird theories that he tried to push beyond just the mushroom thing. But that guy that you guys had on the stream, he was saying, Christ is the the mushroom is the flesh of Christ, or Christ is the flesh of God. Is that an allegro idea?
Speaker 2: That is an allegro idea. Yeah, and that and and and it's not I mean gnostics were doing that. So we know for the fact that carp Create and the Barbarites and some of these other groups they were claiming the same thing. Now, gnosticism is kind of a dubious term because there's totally there's so many different schools in the ancient period, and they're competing with each other. So the Valentinians and the o Fights or the Barbarites, these they're not friendly per se. They're actually competing for a sort of dominance on the Gnostic interpretation. So those things were occurring. They were using aneebriating substances and claiming this was like the flesh of the gods, which is actually the title of one of McKinnon's books, The Food of the Gods, which is getting back to psilocyphin much that.
Speaker 1: One I've read. Now, when you were showing those pictures, were you saying those were like frescoes and reliefs that were Catharai reliefs that had mushrooms or they're.
Speaker 2: All in the area, yeah, where the cathars were, and so like some of the so this like this one right here, this is the famous one in Plane Crault, France. This is the depiction of Adam and Eve and it clearly looks like some type of a mushroom fresco. Now, the Plaine Krault Chapel, if you look into it, was actually created by the Knights Hospitallers, which according to at least my theory, is that many of these crusading groups, including the Knights Templars, kind of rediscovered these ancient gnostic heresies when they got to the Holy Land and they brought them back. So this like Plane Coral Chapel was built by the hospitalers and it has this really weird fresco. Now, no, it's not used anymore, but this fresco you can actually still go visit. Now, another church in France depicts like this is the entrance of Christ, like his entry into Jerusalem, and you can see all these guys holding what appeared to be these red mushrooms and like once extending one out to Christ. And then if you follow that chapel around, you'll see here is this one is the purification of Isaiah's lips, where it looks like God's handing out a sort of mushroom cap. And then if you follow the chapel around at the top, then it gets to the towers of Jerusalem and these guys look like they're cutting down mushrooms. And then at the very last depiction in the chapel is the Last Supper, and of course you see these same mushrooms then cut up and placed on the table here. So regarding how much of it is fake or how much of it is just pure interpretation, and how much is their actual evidence, I would argue for some of these churches, I mean, it's hard to come to a different conclusion. Now, some of this other stuff, you know, like the Great Canterbury Salter is used to argue like the creation of plants right here is fun guy. Now I've actually looked into that and the way that they're presented as fun guy is actually used in different iconography, and it's not trying to depict mushrooms. It's just a sort of esthetic. But the Hildesheim Chapel, as I was talking to you about this one, right here on the front doors Bishop Bernard who was head of that parish in Germany, hild his Heim, Germany, the metal doors going into the church actually have anatomically correct psilocybin mushrooms of that area in Germany. So I think some of it is legitimate that something was going on in the historical period. Of all this evidence, some of it I think is dubious interpretation, claiming, oh, that's a mushroom right there, but it's all within, you know, we can't I can't find any evidence before like the late nine hundreds, which is right around the time where these nostic groups. You know, during the Byzantine period they hated gnostics and so if you were in like say Anatolia proper, you were either forced to recant your heresy and convert or you had to get kicked out of the empire. And so tons of these nostic groups actually begin to move towards Armenia, and so you get like the tone Drachians and the Polisians, and then from there eventually they they moved to Bulgaria, where you get the Bogomills, and it's believed that the Cathars are a form of the Boga mills that moved in further into Western Europe. So the way I look at as the historical progression is, you know, around the Mediterranean area northern Africa ancient period, and then it moves eastward and then eventually, through more persecution, it moves westward and ends in south southern France, southern Germany and northern Italy that type of area. And then during the Pope Innocent the Third you have the beginning of the Inquisition and the killing of the Albergensians for these heresies, and also the leaders of the Knights Templars, which eventually then go up to Scotland where Robert the Bruce accepts all these Knights Templars and according to their own legends, they are the founders of the Scottish Freemasonry, and that they then institute these ancient gnostic rituals into Scottish Freemasonry. And that's also echoed by Albert Pike. So that's not me just making a theory. That's what these people actually claim. And I have this Book of Chemically Stone, which is by PD Newman, who is a Freemason and is claiming the exact same thing that freemakes Newery is actually based off these ancient gnostic and nebriating rituals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for those that are interested in the medieval heresies, there's a really well known scholarly text by Malcolm Lambert that some years back I read, and I took a whole bunch of notes on it. If you want a full sort of three hour walk through of that. You can find that on my channel. It's called Medieval Heresies. And then we go through the Boggle Mails. We go through the history of the Cathariye all the way up to the Waldensians, and how that Gnostic trend actually ends up influencing a lot of Protestantism. But let's rewind a little bit, go back to the time of those many, many Gnostic sects that we were talking about. I remember reading some years ago Aaronaeus is against Heresies, and in the first few hundred pages he details dozens and dozens and dozens of varying Gnostic sects, all kind of competing, like you noted, and he does mention several of them, at least a few that can recall. I remember one of them is a guy named Marcus, and Marcus had his own cult, and he was a ritual magician, and he was utilizing some form of consciousness altering, inebriating substance, and Internets talks about this, and when Jamie, now we're on a journey to Las Vegas last year, on our own little esoteric journey to Vegas. We read on the way there, on the way back the Cambridge Companion to Western mysticism and esoterism. And this isn't I'm not trying to like stump you or quiz you or anything. I just want to get your take on something that I had not really seen before, which kind of seems like it would be obvious and it's right up your alley. But the person that wrote the first chapter on the Ancient Mysteries goes into great detail discussing the the Elusinian mysteries and the Greek esoteric cults maybe a little bit prior to Gnostic era, the Mythra cult, and what the conclusion that this person came to was that most likely in the Elusinian mysteries, and you might take you may have a different view. I'm not sure, but that's what I want to ask you about it. They argue. This person argues that it's a death and resurrection journey of the soul sort of ritual that goes on when you're given the Kaikion, which is a hallucinogenic drink, and then you sort of go through the demeter persephone underworld resurrection sort of rituals. And I think there's even like a crazy dance involved, just wanted to know if you if you came across anything like that, or what do you think of the kaikion.
Speaker 2: No, I actually think that there is some legitimacy to the kekion theory. And so what you're referring to, the book that founded this is called The Road to eleusis unveiling the secret of the mysteries, and so our Gordon Wawson, who will probably come up, he's famous for actually re if you want to say, rediscovering, but at least popularizing psilocybin mushrooms. In nineteen fifty seven he wrote an article in Life magazine. He did this shamanistic retreat with Maria Sabina and he wrote about it. And this was kind of the first time, at least in the modern period in the West where there's explicit discussion about these psychedelic mushrooms. He sends those mushrooms then to Albert Hoffman, who is the synthesizer of LSD in nineteen thirty eight, has his famous bicycle day April was it nineteenth? Nineteen forty three, where he accidentally consumes it and then rides his bicycle home. And then Karl A. P Ruck, who's a classicist who all of his work is trying to validate even Christianity. His thing is trying to validate the legitimacy of psychedelic use in all this ancient period. He uses his skills as a classics collar to do so. So this book argues that based on pottery that they found that the kikkion is some type of ergot fungus. So ergot is a fungus that grows on barley and ryegrain, and it's common in again across Greece and where the Alasinian mysteries took place. And as you said, it's that's where they talk about persephones. Quest it's about persephones, death and rebirth, going to Haitiites and coming back. It's believed that anybody who is a who's who in the ancient period participated in these mysteries and they were taken into some type of enclosed almost like a theater space yah they would consume the beverage, they would be revealed the mysteries, and then hours later they would leave and then they would be initiated into this ancient mystery. I actually think that there's something legitimate about about that. And ergot in ergamine, which is found in some of those potteries is a precursor to LSD. So Albert Hoffman, who synthesizes the psilocybin mushrooms from Maria sabina by way of our Gordon Wawson and discovered LSD about twenty over twenty years previously, they start synthesizing various forms of ergamine and come to the conclusion that in a lab at least they could construct an LSD like beverage through this. And so it's believed that they don't know the exact process, but somehow they would allow this ergot and they would mix it with probably wine, and then some measure that we don't exactly know, they're able to take out the toxins because there's actually quite a few toxins in the fungus, and then you could consume this beverage and get, you know, initiate inebriated through this and get initiated into the mystery. So I actually think that there's something there. Now I don't support some of the larger conclusions that these scholars have made, but I think it's the best explanation for what was going on in eleusis because it was some type of beverage, and I think that at least through some of the chemistry that they've done, that's that's probably most likely of what they actually well.
Speaker 1: Probably you're tripping balls. They take you sort of underneath the temple or something, and then it's that the book describes it as like then they bring you out. The climax of the ritual is sort of like a light comes on and then you see like the goddess you see isis or something, Yeah, or persephone. But it's funny you say that, because yeah, I just looked in the footnote of disguised paper and first footnote is R. Gordon Wasson Albert Hoffman, the very book that you cited at the bottom is right, So yeah, you're absolutely right that that's where they're pulling from. Did you a little side note did you know or did you come across anything pointing out that according to John Marx and his book on the history of mk Ultra, that it was Gordon Wasson was funded by the Macy Foundation, and then that was kind of a original sort of m k ultraca project.
Speaker 2: There are some I've looked into the R. Gordon Watson connection. He was clearly funded by some of the major moguls at the time, and of course he was working for JP. Yeah, which makes it very again, very strange that this high level banker working for JP Morgan just so got contacted and told to go to this place and meet this shamanis in Mexico and then him and his wife Valentina go and participate and then kind of make it now known to the first time in the Western world about these ancient psychedelic mysteries through through shamanic practices. I do think that there's something something behind the funding, and they traveled all over the world. I mean, his big thing was trying to solve the Soma mystery, which is one of the gods in the rig Veda, and Soma is mentioned over a hundred times. It is a god that you consume. It strengthens you, it illuminates you, it gives you courage. Again potentially a connection even back with the berserkers in Europe who took mushrooms because they felt like they were strengthened, they had courage and they could go fight in battle. But our Gordon Wawson, along with Timothy Leary, I mean Timothy Leary also made a comment that he was you know, you got to pick teams like the Yankees or the or the Dodgers, and he chose the CIA and so so there is some real interesting, potentially nefarious connections with an mk ultra. By the way, this is the interesting thing to your point. His article, our Gordon Wawson's article about Maria Sabinez in nineteen fifty seven, and we know that the mk ultra project began in nineteen fifty six. So hmm, interesting little timeline there that mk Ultra begins a year before our Gordon Wawson goes to Mexico and makes all this stuff famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Do we know if there are any other if we go further back, is there any evidence of you know, if we go back to like Babylon or Egypt, is there evidence in those ancient cultures of something like a consciousness altering initiation?
Speaker 2: Certainly their scholarship arguing for that. There's different different plants, you know, cannabis, hayoma, progomenharmla iminio, mascaria, psilocybin, mushrooms, There's all these different plants that people have speculated. I've seen multiple scholars argue that ancient Egypt was participating in some of these inebriating rituals. I would assume Babylon is noted. They're occult and magical orientation and ritualistic framework for those practices. I would absolutely imagine they were the earliest historical evidence that we have really comes out of the Indian subcontinent, as I said, through the rig Veda, and this whole Soma thing, and so soma which in Persian is known as hayoma, which hayome is also another inebriating substance. After you know, hundreds of years pass by and Soma it develops and in my estimation, my argument is it then is incorporated into these Mithraic rights. And so Mithra is not a huge he's in the rig Veda, but he's not a huge figure. And we really don't get these devotional cults until later. But Haoma wine drinking, like these these inebriating wine beverages, we know that that was being taken place during these Mythraic rituals. I've looked at evidence from some scholars arguing that also orgiastic activity, which is typically associated with like collective groups anebriating experiences, they participate and this was true for the Manicheans. So we have descriptions from China that the Manicheans went all the way to China and they said they're constantly consuming mushrooms, they're debatrous, filthy people, they don't shower enough, and that they participate in these weird sexual practices. This is according to Chinese sources.
Speaker 1: So there was Chinese. There was hippies back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Chinese where yeah, they're like these Manichaeans are.
Speaker 1: Filthy, Manichey and Hippi trying to get the ancient Chinese to go to Grateful Dead concerts.
Speaker 2: Pretty much pretty much. And so there's an article that I found, and this is the is the only scholar that I've seen make this connection. His name's Robert Bedrosian. He's an Armenian scholar, and he actually has a paper where he argues that Armenia is the key to solving the Soma mystery. And I have not seen anybody but him, and I haven't even seen other scholars pick up this article. But he argues that Armenia, being in that Caucus region before it converted to Christianity, was actually the mountains in Armenia were a fertile place for growing these amineomuscarita, these red and white mushrooms that could be used ritualistically. He claims that the mithraic rituals and some of the ancient mythology, the pre Christian pagan mythology of Armenia was deeply embedded within these psychedelic cults, these mythic these mythraic cults and rituals, and he claims he's got evidence, and he writes about this in his article that the Persian elite, the Zoroastrians, were actually purchasing massive amounts of these mushrooms from Armenia to have for these ritualistic purposes, and that you know, some of the elites of the Zoroastrian Persian society would could consume these in a ritualistic manner every year, and that they were purchasing these from Armenia. And then he claims in his article that he's found the continuation of the preservation of these mushrooms all the way up to towards the end of the twentieth century in Armenia. We already just mentioned that Armenia is an interesting place because that becomes a hotbed for some of these gnostic heresies during the Byzantine period because the Buzinest teams weren't having it, so you either had a converter you're getting kicked out. And a lot of them went there. And it's that cultural malu that then goes and infuses it within the Bogomils in Bulgaria. So I think there's actually something really there that Armenia is the sort of historical key that unlocks the Soma mystery that so many people have been trying to say what it is. Terence McKinnon believed it was like the psilocybin mushrooms. Our Gordon Watson argued that it was the aminy to mascaria mushroom. Others have argued it's actually cannabis. Others argue it's pugamen harmla or hayoma. So we really don't know what it is. But according to Robert Bedrosian, he he claims that it is psilocybin eminy myscari mushrooms and that when the Mithraic cult was at its height in Armenia, that this infused their culture and that they were actually providing these mushrooms and these rituals for the Persian elite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one thing, just a little bit of a shift of focus I noticed as I read through this text from the Cambridge Companion on all the esotery stuff, whether it's the ancient inebriating ritual cults, or whether it's the Gnostics, or whether it's even Greek philosophy at times. And then if you fast forward all the way up to modern resicrution mysteries, or if you go all the way up into Gerjeff and Blovatsky, there was a commonality in this book that I didn't expect, which was that the tendency in Western Hermeticism, even the Middle Ages, with some of the weirdos like Jacob Boem and Gertrude the Great, some of these so called mystics in the Historyonic, crazy Roman Catholic sphere, they end up in the same revelation, which is that the meaning and the answer of all the mysteries is you are your own God.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: And I'm not joking. That's like common throughout this book. It wasn't something I don't think that the author's planned. I just think that as they worked through these different traditions, there's this underlying tendency to basically come to the revelation that you're your own God. You determine your own reality. Even when we get into krawl, Young Kraljung just basically thinks as a gnostic sort of platonic figure, projecting your subconscious is projecting your external reality. You're creating your own reality. Is that a feature that you see as well? Did you come across this kind of stuff and does that maybe lead us into the transhumanist side of things?
Speaker 2: I would certainly say what you picked up on that thread is absolutely the case. After the ancient period, I would argue, at least from my reading of some of the Ancients, I mean even some of these gnostic groups, they were on a path of deification. From their perspective, I think they would be submissive to say that they're not God or equate themselves in nature to God. But especially after the Renaissance, so much of everything that you mentioned once we get Renaissance humanism and the Zohar, the capitalistic text of Judaism that gets written in the thirteenth century in Spain, and that's during the me A Caliphate where they allowed the Jewish mystics, the Cabalistic mystics, the Sufis, and then these Christian mystics to actually form what I would argue becomes the Zohar, and that's where you get Giovanni Piccadella Marendola and what they call Christian Kabbalah, and it sort of re reinterprets man and his relationship to God, and that then becomes I would say, the foundation for the Rosicrucians vice shop in the Illuminati, eventually the speculative freemasonry that emerges. So the worship of oneself, I think, is tied with this sort of general tendency as we move closer to modernity and especially post the Enlightenment. Yeah, that's exactly. Every single psychedelic teacher or author that I've read believes that you're on a process to realize of your unity with collective consciousness or collective divinity, something abstract like that. That's the case with everyone that I've come across. So I would say that's sort of this residue of Renaissance humanism mixing, mixing with the Hermeticism and the Cabbalism and all these occult theories that emerge. So you got Paracelsus, you know, he was this very famous alchemist. He's the inventor of Laudanum, and so getting high on opium was part of his part of his magical process. We know Henry Cornelius Agrippa, like a lot of these major magicians.
Speaker 1: I've got up empress also that are on the shelf. I was gonna get those out. But what would you say, sort of the the the underlying feature of the Renaissance era magicians in Italy and other places in Europe, and then the rise of Rosicritianism is this focus inward towards a man himself. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's tied with a millinery and expectation. I think Yakima Fiore's dispensational tripartite understanding of history. I mean that's going to connect with actually my research on transhumanism. But that millenarian ethos that somehow were like moving towards collective utopia. I mean, that's what the ro Secrutions were. And you can't fully understand that Malu without understanding the impact of the Protestant Reformation and that these Protestants in the North were seeking some sort of legitimacy against the Catholic Church. And that's why I always say the sixteenth century is like one of the most magical centuries in European history. And it's during this period where you get these rosicrution confessios and the Vishop and the Illuminati, John d all these different figures, Paracelsus, Grippa, all these different people are during the sixteenth century, and so Protestantism when you look at somebody like Frederick the elector Palatine, he was trying to incorporate cabalistic hermeticism and the re secrution ethos with a form of Protestantism. I mean, this is what is ended at the first Battle of the Thirty Years War when he's defeated at the Battle of White Mountain. So that whole Ethos was tied with like this Protestant Christianity, which is less sacramental, combining with like the sacramentality of ritualistic magic. We're going to create this brotherhood, this utopian king.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of the early first generation Rosicrucians were Lutherans, and they were in the spheres of the Lutheran Church. I think Johann Andre who is believed to be one of the compilers of the you know, Rosicrucian Manifesto or whatever was a famous Lutheran. Other famous Lutherans were also in that sphere. Sometimes people sort of make the assumption that Luther's Cross, you know, the famous Luther Rose, just happens to also be a Rosicritian, simple right. I don't know that Luther himself was into Rosism. I think you predated that a little bit. However, there is evidence that Luther was influenced by the Theologia Germanica, which is another one of these mystical texts that tends to focus on sort of what you get in some of these medieval Latin, Roman Catholic mystical texts is basically, the union with God is so intense, and it's almost because of absolute divine simplicity and other kind of weird esoteric ideas well. If I become one with God truly, then I am God. And so in other words, because there's no essence interdistinction, there's an uncreated grace. They don't maintain the creator creature distinction. Absolute divine simplicity if you don't believe in creative grace, requires that you become the essence of God. So you become God. And you actually see that in the chapter in this text, for example, on Jacob Boheme and on Gertrude Bell, both of whom tended to say that basically, in the mystical Union, you actually become God. So they're they're throwing out sort of you know, needed theological nuances here and basically just sort of falling into a kind of apotheosis, which I know you've talked a lot about on your channel and probably in your thesis, where man just becomes his own God, not by grace but by his own will, knowledge, gnosis, tech, etc. All these are different pathways to become your own God. One book, I I'm curious if you've got a chance to look at or ever heard about what's Michael Hoffman has a book called a Cult Renaissance Church of Rome. Have you heard of that?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: It's really good. It's right up your alley. I mean, even though Hoffman ended up, I think he's still a trad cat or something. But as Orthodox we would actually pretty much agree with his critique of the Renaissance era papacy because he's basically just arguing that as a trad cat, he's trying to make sense of Rome and what happened, and he basically ends up reading all the way back into the Renaissance papacy and saying here's where things take a noticeable change. Even though Hoffmann doesn't know a whole lot about the first thousand years of Christianity, he's accurate, I think in pinpointing the turn towards the esoteric in the Medici Renaissance era papacy, which is definitely what happened, and hence why they promoted and love they love the idea of magic, Christian cabalah, etcetera. That was all super popular at that time, and I think that's part of the influence and trek of Western civilization, at least Europe in the second millennium, the papal Europe.
Speaker 2: Right, And to your point about this the absolute divine simplicity being a type of presuppositional framework for this form of mysticism. It, I mean, all of this magical stuff is tied with neoplatonism, and so this privileging of monism is essential. And then once you incorporate inebriating substances, now people can go from a rational articulation of neo platonic values and monism to in a phenomenological experiential union with like divinity or something. And I think though both those together are a huge catalyst. I mean, Terrence McKinnon is famous for saying, you know, psychedelics dissolved boundaries. Yeah, I would agree with him. That's exactly what they do. That's not necessarily a great thing for him. This is how we dissolve the the you know, the deleterious framework of history, so we can return back to the archaic goddess. Uh and I we can talk about the archaic revival. I think actually, given the trends in culture with the LGBTQ and and the whole Skittles community and what they're doing, it kind of does feel like we're returning back to a pre Christian period and that you know, Marshall mccluban's theories about the the you know, the global village and how digital technology was going to actually take us from the literate man back to a primitive style culture. It's like, Wow, I think there's some validity there because it feels like that's where we're going, is that people are becoming less literate, more impulsive, and since becoming more iconic.
Speaker 1: To savages people on the savages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think all those things are working together.
Speaker 1: So here's a question. I have something I've wondered about. I had several brad classes where we talked about Elizabethan Renaissance era alchemy. We focus on you know, John Don, Ben Johnson, Edmund Spencer, a lot of these you know, Shakespearean era writers and poets, and a lot of them were obsessed with Esotero's and a lot of people don't know that. But what I've never really heard about. We know about this possibility of maybe something going on in terms of the Renaissance Middle Ages era with Templars and Pico della Mirandola and these characters, and maybe they experienced something to do with shrooms and drugs. Is there any evidence after this period? We don't hear about drugs or substances for so many centuries until more recently. So I'm just curious, like, do we have evidence of like experimentation in British Empire. I mean, we know about opium being you know, used as war against you know, China, and British Empire uses opium war to syops and whatnot. What about are any of these is Elzabethan poets experimenting? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what during the Elizabethian era, Opium was certainly one that was going around and potentially cannabis and hashish. We know for a fact, multiple scholars have documented that hashish used for quote unquote mystical purposes was already present in Spain by the thirteenth century, by the time the Zohar was written, and that all these practices, all these practices actually moved from Syria, Egypt, across northern Africa and then entered into Spain. So we know for a fact that before the re conquista of Spain people were using hashish and ritualistic practices due to Islamic Sufis. Actually either is this.
Speaker 1: From the Hashimites, the Hashashen the assassins.
Speaker 2: It's tied with that, and obviously it's people question whether the Nazari Ismaili's were they really high on hashish when they committed these assassinations. It's a debated topic. But what is a fact is that cultural that the culture Malu that the Hashashins come from were actually using these practices, and that you can literally trace the Sufi use of hashish and then certain communities actually saying okay, no more of that, and then it just continues to move eventually across northern Africa, where in Morocco we have cases in the twelfth century where we people go and are saying, yeah, the Muslims are literally consuming hashish before they enter in the mosque and getting high and then going to the mosque for various ceremonies. When the rika Quista happens, they try to stamp all this hashishi use out, but be it with geodonno Bruno, for example, it speculated that he was actually high on hashish when he came up with his the belief that all the stars were actually sons. And so by the time that in France in particular was very infatuated with the Oriental and so by the time the English, I forget the englishman's name that wrote One thousand and one Nights, but by the time that was written, and especially into the Victorian era, people were absolutely experimenting with cannabis and hishish and it was very popular, specifically in France, and that's where you get people, you know, poets and stuff in the English period going down to Paris.
Speaker 1: I like some of the Irish and you know, famous British poets were you know taken opium and stuff like that. But that was the only thing I really ever.
Speaker 2: Heard, and it came from this belief that from again, the book the One thousand and one Nights was actually incredibly influential in Europe for the normalization and consumption of Haiesh in the belief that it actually elevated you to these ancient spiritual beliefs and truth to some sort. And that's what people, famous poets were actually traveling to France during that period to engage in these pract these practices believing that the Oriental was able to preserve something that Christianity tried to stomp out. Again, we just talked about the Rican Quista, and they were not in favor of these practices. So by the time just before the Victorian era, they were like, oh, well, now we have these practices back, just like the Orientals had, and now we're not tainted by you know, the Catholic Church can't control everything we do anymore. And so then you start getting into the eighteen hundreds and the experimentation with nitrous oxide and anesthetics becomes a huge thing for people to engage for mystical spiritual purposes. I mean, this is you know, by the time of William James. So this is late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds William James. That's his first experiment. So the whole book on his belief on definition of religion, it has to do with his nitrous oxide experiences and arguing that the getting inebriated actually again for them, allows you to bypass the rational mind so that you can then engage or interact with the sort of spiritual I guess you could say super rational or irrational entities. So you can literally trace even though our Gordon Wawson in nineteen fifty seven really makes psilocybin mushrooms come onto the stage for the first time, all before that Western Europe was engaging in opium use, laudanum, drinking various form of anesthetics, nitrous oxide and then hashish. So those things were absolutely being used from the Renaissance forward. You can find evidence of that throughout Western Europe.
Speaker 1: And of course, you know, we know that Afghanistan is a region cashmere region, very important going back to ancient times for poppies for opium, so that and that's an ancient thing too, And there's a whole there's a whole book on this called a visible Empire. That's really good from Golden Fitztrail, where you know they kind of theorized that for a long time, empires and kingdoms have sought to really try to control that region, not just because it's the gateway to Eurasia, but also because of this you know magical poppy that grows there that you know can be used for these for these rituals and whatnot. We got we're gonna super push ahead.
Speaker 2: Push comes from from that Central Asian area where all that stuff grows, and it's believed by scholars that's actually how the Indians got it. So you know, spoking ganja in the Indian context, like that whole tradition comes from their proximity too to cat Cush in that Central Asian area. And then they've incorporated into their Hindu practice, so now you can find various practices and spiritual men that that's literally all that they do is they get high and then do these meditations or perform yoga all day. So, yeah, that region is incredibly important in regards to opium and marijuana or cannabis used. That's where that stuff really comes from.
Speaker 1: Jarhead Orthodox ten dollars says this is a great topic. Can people like Joe Rogan and his guests stop trying to convince everybody the early Christians were on shrooms and then icons are all shrooms because there's a cow in the icon. Yeah, it's kind of funny. I didn't even realize until that guy was on with you guys that I heard the cows somehow. Oh, because cow's poop, that that means that there's That was the dumbest argument I've ever heard. But I mean, that is that just a I mean, are they just like making up stuff? Like where does this idea that because there's a cow it means I mean, are there even hallucinogenic mushrooms that grow in the Middle East? Maybe they are, And I just don't know, but it seems like a climate maybe that wouldn't foster this. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I I mean, I'm not sure I would. I wouldn't be surprised, given again, my understanding of Hinduism. If you know, some people think it's an astrological thing of why they don't eat.
Speaker 1: Not Hinduism. I'm talking about the the like Middle East, Israel, Palestine, like that region that area is is there a growth of a mushroom or hallucinogenic. I mean, I know there's not a pot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't have payout. I am not sure. I know they have like the Acacia bush. Like, that's the argument from actually Rick Strassman. He's the he's the the d MT researcher that really was behind the Spirit Molecule documentary of Joe Rogan. It's all based on this book. And in this book they put them on IV drips of d MT. And in this book he claims that the Acacia bush has d MT and if you could distill it in the proper way, that these people could be inebriated. He makes the argument which I've never ever seen another scholar actually try to validate that the burning bush, what he calls the myth of the burning bush with Moses, was actually in Acacia bush and that he was getting high on d MT in front of that burning bush. And that's where this whole thing comes from.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I was gonna say, I mean, the rest of these things, it seems like they have to be imported. You know, maybe they were. I remember some druggy Gnosticish person at one time trying to argue that, you know, when the Israelites are in the desert and they wake up and the the mana is there. Oh, the mana must be you know, shrooms or something. And I'm like, I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be mushrooms in the desert. That doesn't seem like a thing that would grow in the desert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the desert, I doubt there's I Again, according to some of the these guys find the most minuscule amounts of anything that's psychoactive and then and then create a theory of how this could be ritualistically used in some manner in regards to psilocybin, Obviously it grows out of cow dung, so I could see potentially. But again with the Alasinian mysteries, that's in the Mediterranean, and that just has to do with a fungus. And so if the Alasinian mystery in the Kokon is some sort of ergoamine fungus, well maybe there's something going on around that period or those areas. I wouldn't be surprised. But I do not know of any specific psychoactive substance that is indicative or exclusive to that region.
Speaker 1: What about this has kind of changed the focus a little bit because of something that pops in my head. A lot is a lot of the Russo Finnish Nordic stories and tales have this sort of father mushroom father. It's not Father Christmas, but he's like, I don't know, like ice Claus, like snow Claus version of Santa. There's actually, I forget the Russian name for like father snow time whatever he is. But there's like an older pagan version of like you know what I'm talking about, Like yeah, and then sometimes in the Russo Finish sort of pagan traditions, this is linked to mushrooms at times.
Speaker 2: Have you heard this, yeah, the uh it's kind of it's kind of like the John Marco Legro where this is it's blown out of proportion where people argue that Christian Christmas is rooted within this pagan amitito muscaria mushroom ritual. But at least from what we actually do know regarding that argument is that these these Eskimo people that lived closer towards the North Pole and the Siberia, that they do practice a form of shamanism, and that they do ingest amity and muscaria mushrooms, and that they do pluck these things and that they drink the urine of reindeer because it filters. So the amity muscary mushroom is actually toxic, has muskemol in it, and so you have to let it sit and dry for an extensive period of time before it can be consumed or you'll get really sick. This's why they say it's a toxic mushroom. You can kill you. Well, if you just eat it when it's wet, it can kill you. And so they have to let this thing dry or another mechanism is allow the reindeers, which we do know that reindeers do eat this particular mushroom, and then you drink their urine, which we know that they did. And so there's an argument that the mythology of Santa Claus flying around on a sleigh behind reindeer dressed in red and white is tied with this sort of ritualistic use of the aminimscaria mushroom. They claim that the reasons we put presents under the Christmas tree is because these mushrooms grow under coniferous trees, and that they're like the gifts that the gods have given the people. And then they take the presence and they set them on the tree so that they can dry in the sun, and that the reindeers consume them, and because the reindeers can get high along with the people, that they fly the world together, and that Santa Claus is like shaman Clause or something like that. Certainly those practices do exist. But once you then try to say that's the origin of Christmas, like, that's just an an achronistic ahistorical argument. It just doesn't hold up to then then argue, which they do, is that the entirety of Christian Christmas is a solar ritual that's tied with these pagan practices that is reincorporated into the birth of God, which is really due to the death and rebirth of the people that ate the Aminymuscary mushrooms. So regards to the grand narrative, there's no historical evidence for that. In regards to the specific use of the Siberian Eskimo native peoples, yes, but then to take what those people did and then say, look at Christmas, it's all that. No, that's not a strong argument at all.
Speaker 1: What I was trying to remember the name I couldn't think of is he's called dead Moreause, and that's that's the Russian pagan name for Father Frost or Grandfather Frost. And if you look at him, it's funny because he looks kind of like the way he's drawn and the way they make him up, he kind of looks like a pagan version of like Bishop Nicholas. He's like, he's an interesting character, but it reminds me too of there's a really funny kind of classic episode of Mystery Science Theater called Jack Frost and then riff tracks the more recent instantiation. They redid the old Mystery Science Theater version. It's a nineteen sixty four movie that they kind of riff on and make fun of. It's really right up this alley because they basically take a bunch of the Russo Finnish pagan myths and tales and they put it into this really weird, trippy movie with Father Frost and with Father Mushroom, all these weird sort of pagan characters. Everybody should watch it because it ties in perfectly what we're talking about. I'm gonna put in the checks. I actually found it on YouTube, but every time we talk about this, I think of Father Frost, and it makes me think of this movie because in the movie, before Father Frost arrives, you have to have this encounter with with Father Mushroom, who's this little weird, sort of trippy dude out in the He's a little trickster deity who exists as a gnome in the forest. And this is again a combination of a bunch of the mythology from that region. But Thomas trezier Be can remember what's up? Man. Guys want to support the stream, you can do so by using super chats or stream labs. The stream labs link is penned. And remember, guys, stream labs does not take a cut. So if you would like to support the stream, and I will give a portion of this to uh.
Speaker 2: Doctor, I appreciate you have me on. You don't need to what's that You don't need to split it, man, Just I appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys, if you want to also, I've got in the in the show description. We'll begin into this here in a second, but doctor Patrick Garry has also set up Logos Academy, so I'll go ahead and give you guys that link right there. It's also in the show description. And this is going to be kind of his sort of private tutoring approach to what the way he's going to do education. I think this is the future of education. As you guys know, I offer a course on philosophy through Richard Grosse's outlet as well autonomy or a marketplace. That's in the show description too. You can get my philosophy course. We'll talk about that in a minute. But a Panini says for five pounds, ritual abuse and mind control The Manipulation of Attachment is a book by ort Epstein, Joseph Schwartz, and Rachel Schwartz. Okay, we'll have to check out that book. This kind of Actually, I think this is the book that Jamie, my wife has, I think she has that book. Me and Eugene five dollars. Let's go fellas. Rachel Wilson sends twenty bucks. Thank you so much. Rachel Wilson, appreciate that. She says, Number one, c K, what's up to one of our growing black audience members, as you guys know, identify as a black man, and that's bringing more and more.
Speaker 2: You're huge in that community.
Speaker 1: I am growing. I'm gonna be like the I'm gonna be basically the next Tyler Perry when I do some stand up for the black people in the black community. Thank you, c K appreciate that Harvest five dollars. Somehow I came across this channel in the last week or two. I'm still trying to figure out what it is, but I'm here. Well, we do all kinds of stuff, so that might be what's throwing you for a loop. So sometimes I do comedic streams. Sometimes I do very focused geopolitical streams. Sometimes we do interviews, like with the great doctor David Patrick Harry. Sometimes we just you know, joke around. It's all over the place. We do it all here. But thank you for being with us Harvest chairs for twenty sex, which is some shitty currency that ends up being about thirty cents, But thank you for that. Dph are you let me preface this with I don't know if he is, but I am familiar. Of course, we had a bad interaction with this individual some years back, and I think this person has ended up in Mormonism. But Kotail, are you familiar with Jan Irvin and gnostic media claims? And he was one of the characters that was on those early Joe Rogan podcasts when Joe was first talking about alegro and all.
Speaker 2: That I am familiar with. Jan I've never interacted or engaged with him. From my understanding, he was big into the psychedelic stuff, and then he was like big into calling out the intelligence agencies behind mckinna and Leary. And then last I was aware he like changed all of his stuff to like logos media and was Christian.
Speaker 1: He's Mormon.
Speaker 2: He's Mormon now, okay, so yeah, I really don't follow that guy. He was. He actually wrote a book that's mentioned in this one, The Psychedelic Gospels, where he tried to argue for this eucharistic mushroom theory within Christianity. So unfortunately, his book for him, unfortunately was never touted in no academic actually used it or cited. Even Jerry Brown says that the research and it's very dubious, and that is him literally interpreting anything that he could pull in regards to mushroom or psychedelics, trying to argue that this is the origin of Christianity.
Speaker 1: Hush Tone says, for five dollars, we all know that you're honorary black because you always show up later than your life. Trams are set for well The explanation for that is that Jay Dier time just also happened to coincide with Black people time, and so we actually linked up on being late, and we decided that we're all one people. Bro jet for five bucks, we need David Patrick carry on Sam Tripoli's tenfoil hat. That would be an interesting conversation. I know Sam likes to go out there in the weeds in terms of the psychedelic speculations, So maybe I don't know if Cotel would you be interesting going on some of the comedian streams. Yeah, absolutely, help me to suggest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, Okay, I'll.
Speaker 1: See if Tripley is interested. Seamus twenty dollars says, have you ever thought about consulting for Orthodox or Roman Catholics on the issue related to converting pagans and occultis? Both churches have seen their exorcism ministries grow, and they say that the growth of occultism is an issue. I'll answer this and then I'll let Cotail answer. I don't really know that the priests need consultation from myself. I wouldn't call myself an expert on the occult. I've read a lot about the occult, written some books on it in terms of Hollywood and symbolism. But I don't really think typically for catechisis anything like that's really necessary. Maybe just more so, perhaps awareness that occult traditions are growing and becoming more popular. We probably will need more and more exorcisms as time goes by. But in the Orthodox Church, exorcisms are typically just part of baptism. They're not. It's not like this special ritual like in the Roman Catholic world, the Latin rite of exorcism and all this kind of stuff. It's a little more hollywoodized. Cotel, what do you think about consulting Roman Catholics on occultism.
Speaker 2: I think that's a dubious idea. And really, for catechisis the only thing that an Orthodox priest needs to make aware of to a Catechuman is that occultism and the effectiveness of actual occult rituals is real. And I get people that are Catechumans and they ask me that quite well, what do you think about magic? And it's like, well, our paradigm said that this stuff is actually real. You don't need to learn about it. And especially I wouldn't recommend anybody until you're brought into the church and really understand and gain a fronom of Orthodoxy, because I've talked with a handful of guys that had like one foot still in this occult match spiritual world and then one foot in the Orthodoxy, and Orthodoxy for them is very like a rational argumentation. And then I talk with them and lo and behold. You know, six months goes by and the asceticism and the spirituality of Orthodoxy isn't as appealing as being able to still take drugs and do all this other stuff. So I think for anybody getting in the church, just focus on Orthodoxy and once you're in, if you want to, then go back and look at the history of this stuff. Feel free.
Speaker 1: John of San Francisco since twenty five dollars says, thank you for this all this help. You've helped me learn a lot and sent me kept me sane at my work. God bless Yeah, a lot of people listen at work, and I'm glad that it helps keep you guys sane. That's good to know. Ellie's W's became a member for three months. Welcome Ellie. Guys. Be sure and check the member section over here, and of course also have the member section at the website, it's largely the same material, but of course I haven't been able to move everything from the website over here on YouTube because we've only been remonetized for a few months now on YouTube. But anything new, of course goes into the members section on YouTube as well. And yes, overall it is pretty much the same material, but the full archive is available at the website. Feels for days five pounds, we evolve from monkeys. They was eating magic poopoo peepe mushrooms. Also, Father Frost is a Communist version of Santa I think Father Frost is way pre communism. He's an older pagan version. But perhaps the Soviets did utilize Father Frost as some sort of way to kind of war against the Saint Nicholas or something in the church. But communists, interestingly, they tended to socialists, and communists have tended, at least in the terms of the party, to be anti drugs. Isn't that what you find to be the case?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hardcore communists tend to be kind of anti drugs because that could give you some pernicious ideas that are anti communists. They can't control that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it seems like, you know, I'm pretty sure the Soviet Party didn't want, you know, drugs going on on a larger scale, but maybe early Bolsheviks were super party oriented, and then you know, I don't know. I don't know the whole history of exactly how they viewed drugs, but I would think that my guess would be there.
Speaker 2: I think alcohol, alcohol was definitely warmly welcome, but I don't know if any at least me personally. I don't know of anything regarding inebriate substances and communism. Typically, from my understanding, the Bolsheviks were not interested in allowing people to get anebriated. You could drink as much alcohol as you want, they didn't care about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dance Commodore two hundred and fifty rons. I love David Patrick carry Also, thank you for your comedy Jay the only place where I laugh and get educated at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's kind of what we've always wanted to do, was, you know, synthesize both of those both of those things. Have it be edutainment infotainment, and have it be you know, funny and fun at the same time. Let's see, we've got some more super chats. Cholo Mechicano ten dollars. When are we gonna slaughter some of those sacred cows and make hamburgers? Yeah, I mean I've always wondered. I can't prove this, but I've always wondered if India's worship of the cow was somehow related to like the ancient you know, you know an erin when Moses goes up on the mountain and they're worshiping the calf the god of Egypt, Like maybe Egypt bequeathed this you know, deity in some some way to India. Maybe India was reverencing the deity earlier and it somehow got into Egypt. Do you know much about that? Any theories on that?
Speaker 2: Uh No, there, I mean the theories regarding the veneration of the calf. Some believe it has to do with an after the zodiac, that these practices originated in that it may have been a veneration of was it aries which one's the ball no Taurus during some like the Taurus period. Again, this is kind of in the wheelhouse of the Graham Hancock like looking at the maderial time and the zodiacs and trying to figure out mythology and stuff. Like that. Some people argue that's where this stuff comes from. Others have argued, like the gnostic guy that was on my open panel, that this has to do with psilocybin, mushrooms, with cow dung. Potentially, it's kind of an unsolved mystery as what is the actual reason why cows are so highly venerated within Hinduism Because at least historically, at least like in the rig Veda period, that wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: Let's see, we got jets and five bucks and says, no, we wade those. Excuse me, bust down, Jubilee. Okay, Joe one dollar. Let's give doctor Dph some flowers. How much do you guys love and watch dph? Jay? I watched pretty much. I would say ninety percent of dph's streams I end up watching. Let's see John Jason Cassell. Wow, he sends a hundred bucks. Thanks man. I appreciate that. He says, hello, gentlemen, I'm a new Orthodox, But I am wrong? Am I wrong to assume that people that claim to have spiritual awakenings and finding God are suffering from pre list? Well, we don't know. I think time usually tells you know whether that person was having a real experience. I think it's possible that even a bad drug trip could spur a person on to go to church or to seek God. I mean, that's possible. I just think that time is the ultimate sort of determiner, because if a person isn't really serious or interested in it, and they have some sort of ecstatic drug experience, that tends to fade and then people move on to other things. But will ask doctor David Patrick Carrey, to what degree in your life did hallucin engens indirectly maybe point you in the direction of Christianity in God, or maybe it didn't, And do you think these things can potentially be ways where people accidentally wake up to real Christianity or something.
Speaker 2: So Obviously, because of my background, I've dealt with a lot of Orthodox converts that come from the sort of psychoonot area, and there are a handful of cases in which people had some type of mystical encounter that changed their direction and orientation. I had something similar. I would never say that taking psychedelics like brings you closer to God, because I also had a lot of weird things that I thought were going to come true that never did. I mean Terence McKinnon his time wave zero theory. He thought that like time machines were going to be invented, or the apocalypse of some sort of the end of history was in the year two thousand and I think this is consistent with like these weird fabrications you get when you go into altered psychoanatic space and then you're totally convinced because of the phenomenological experience that something is getting ready to occur, and then it never does. For me personally, it was actually after I did that PhD course on Orthodoxy, history and theology, and I began watching some Josiah Trenham videos that summer, and Jay actually told you that it was the first video I watched of yours. Now I'm blanking on the title, but it was on logos and theories of numbers or something of that. I forget exactly what the title was, but I clicked on your video and you were talking about sort of the paradigm and really doing a kind of presuppositional approach to philosophy and theology. And I was still psychedelic, but I really liked this paradigm of Orthodoxy. But again, I'm a non believer. I'm not interested in joining a man made institution, and that just kind of wore on me. Towards that last semester that I took, I did a high dose LS the trip in my apartment in Berkeley, California, and at the end of it, I had this quote unquote epiphany that all these things I liked about psychedelic spirituality or the New Age, be it fractal mathematics, sacred geometry, psymatics, the unity of peoples, that actually all this stuff is reinterpreted and properly expressed within Christianity regarding logos metaphysics, and that's where your video on numbers like actually influenced this realization later. But loving your neighbor as yourself as opposed that we're all one, like this sylopsism of psychedelics is properly interpreted. Is that, no, you love your neighbor as yourself, but actually you're just think peoples. And so I had this quote unquote epiphany. And it was that night in twenty eighteen that I began to pray for the first time since again that I lost my naive Methodist faith. And then I was convinced that I was John Cyril for those who don't know. He's a famous analytic philosopher, arguably the most famous still living. And he was fired from Berkeley, California when I was there, and I and as as he was fired. That next semester, I did a chorus on person in Neuroscience where he presented his Chinese room thought experiment, which kind of debunks the functionalist definition of AI Syndian intelligence and stuff like that. But he talked a little bit about being fired and how he again he asked like some woman who was like almost fifty years old out to dinner and he was in his seventies, and yeah, he's probably the biggest, one of the biggest figures at Berkeley. Well they fired him for that, for sexual harassment. And so I'm sitting there in Berkeley with him also being an instructor now at the Dominican School because he can't teach at Berkeley.
Speaker 1: You're also a straight white male who's going to get fired for as you know exactly. I mean, that's what they do. Like I think, I mean, you know this, but like when I decided that I didn't want to be in academia, I wanted to get a PhD. And all that you know, I was in grad school, and I was like, okay, I realize it's very much a click. And you know, these feminists, these radical liberals, like they don't want anyone like us in the in that sphere.
Speaker 2: No, no, and I and that was very palpable being in the Bay Area. And so after that experience, I decided, holy shit, I got to do something because I cannot depend on working for a university. And that's actually what eventually led to me creating Church of the Eternal Logos Is I thought. And I had this pro psychedelic channel, but my whole again as that journey from Orthodoxy and then you and Josiah, Father Josiah, and then eventually now in my heart feeling like Christianity is the truth. I didn't want to keep making all that content promoting Terrence McKinnon and Timothy Leary. So I thought, man, the only option for me is to create a new YouTube channel. And so I my my mom got diagnosed with an illness at that time, and I was kind of going through a crisis. I needed to decide if I was going to stay in Berkeley to finish my dissertation and use their resources or just do it remotely, and so I went. The last time I took quote unquote psychedelics, I did an ayahuasca ceremony and Joshua tree. And this is before becoming Orthodox. But during this whole transitional phase and during that experience, I had done a lot of psychedelics, but I never had the experience I had during this ayahuasca ceremony, where I consumed the eyewasking why who's done these things? Again, don't do it. I'm not advising any of this stuff. I'm just sharing you what my journey and my experience was consumed it. I got people around me at this ceremony, this female shaman, the shaman is is, She's singing songs and doing her ekeros and all this stuff. I got people crawling around the floor acting like jaguars, and I'm not feeling anything. So I asked for another cup, and I asked for another cup. I do three cups of ayahuasca. The trip comes on, and the realization I had was if we're going to be judged, which almost every religious mythology has some type of judgment after death, well it only makes sense of God took on human form, and so I became fully convinced in my heart that Jesus Christ was a historical person and it was God incarnate. And then the second realization was, if I want to be like Christ, it's time for me to build something and stop consuming consuming drugs, consuming the ideas of McKenna, consuming culture. And I felt compelled to create Church with Eternal Logos. So that was in July of two thousand nineteen, and then in August of twenty nineteen, I launched Church of Eternal Logos, and in September twenty nineteen, I move home from Berkeley and try to begin finishing all my PhD stuff while starting the new YouTube channel where I'm no longer doing what I'm doing. I'm producing my own content and I'm trying to present it from the lens of Orthodoxy. And so once I moved back to Indiana in September twenty nineteen, that's when I got became a catechumen in the Orthodox Church and never done that since. So did psychedelics lead me to Christ? Not really? If anything, I almost felt convicted when I got into those spaces the last two times I did it, one reaffirming Christianity is actually fulfilling the things that I believe to be true. And then the second one, it was time for me to start my own business and actually become a man. And if Christ was you know, if he built things, if he was a carpenter, it was time for me to begin to build something. And the iron the irony of that experience is that the ayahuasca stopped and this, you know, and people said, oh, that's because you were doing too much drugs. Man, your serotonin levels were no we this had been a long long period before I'd done psychedelics before this. I'm very aware of how all that stuff worked. We even did like the spiritual fasting before the ceremony, but it shut down like there was no trip at all. I was completely sober. The shaman was surprised. She couldn't believe it because I was telling her, look, I'm not feeling it anymore, and she's like, you just had three cups, like I can't. I'm not going to give you any more. And then there's a second night. There's in the second night, it just didn't work. And so to me that was God telling me, look, you got to stop doing this stuff. And to me, it was almost like a mystical experience in the sense that the drugs didn't work, because that had never ever happened before. So did Christ meet me in that state? Potentially? I think he can meet people anywhere. Do psychedelics take you towards Christ? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say it reminds me of you know, you and I both have been on your Mate Tooms's channel and podcasts, and you know, we did some pretty in depth interviews with him, and you know, there was a period where he was really interested in Orthodoxy and Christianity and it was because he says he had had this really dark sort of demonic trip and he was seeing you know, demonic entities and stuff like that, and you know, and then he ended up for whatever reason. I'm not knocking the dude, it's just you know, he ended up just not continuing in the direction of Christianity. So you know, even when you have these sort of bad trips or intense experiences and you think you're seeing spiritual realities or you're experiencing demons, I'm not saying or not. I'm just saying, like, these trips kind of I would take them with a grain of salt, as I guess what I'm trying to say in terms of drug trips. I've had bad trips. My first trip was a really bad trip. It didn't immediately make me, you know, go to church or seek out Christianity maybe a year or two later because of a bad trip and sort of I guess I would say in my situation, it did kind of wake me up to spiritual realities, but I wasn't moving the direction of Christianity after it. Maybe it did make me start asking some questions that I maybe wouldn't have asked before doing LSD, but I definitely wouldn't attribute conversion to drugs. Panos, what's up? Panosis? For five dollars? Congratulations on the PhD. Cotel, you guys should consider a collaboration with doctor Nathan Jacobs. Know he's buddies with FDA. I'm just not yet. I haven't met him, we haven't spoken. I'm sure he's a cool dude. I think the conversations that you guys would have would be beefy. What are your recommendations for people outside of academia in terms of something to look into to say, sharp informed and constantly learning. I'm sure Kotel would recommend his course which is linked Logos Academy, which is linked in the show description. Why don't you go ahead and tell us a little bit about that, because I do want to get back into some more of the topics. I want to talk about Esslin Institute. You know, you've recommended a lot of books over the years, uh, and one of those that I got was this history of Esselin that you recommended. Most of the books that you mentioned on these topics, I do end up buying this one. Maybe is not for people trying to stay up on top of things. Just just a book that I that I heard you mentioned that I wanted to get, but.
Speaker 2: I would argue it's the it's the bet now. It's written by doctor Jeffrey Kripele who runs a gnostic Esoteria mystical institute out of Rice. It's kind of one of the only programs in the US like it. There's a few in Europe where you can get like a PhD. And Eric Davis, who's a famous author. He was like the last one to interview Terence McKenna. He just got a PhD from Rice under doctor Kreipel. Jeffrey Kriipel was asked by Michael Murphy, the founder of the Esslin Institute, to write the sort of ultimate historical overview. And so if you're an academic like Jay or myself, it's a useful book. Not that you agree with like how the author is presenting it, but it's really useful in seeing the historical trajectory and narrative of that institute.
Speaker 1: Are you going to take your thesis and put it into something readable or like, what's what is there a book? Maybe there was a different book that you would recommend that's like the best overview of like hallucinogens and spirituality and what do you think?
Speaker 2: I have not found a great overview of Most of the work that gets into psychedelics is almost always written by somebody who so it's very biased most of the stuff, and even amongst the scholars, because in academia most people don't engage with this stuff unless they're like closely associated with the practices of it. Almost every PhD that's involved with psychedelic studies is themselves a psychoonot. So my plan is to eventually write some type of book, be it about one hundred and fifty to one hundred pages, it's for an average reader on a literal historical overview of these substances and their relationship to mysticism and how it then emerges in the twentieth century and kind of take you up to the twenty first century. It's really just a historical overview. I do plan on doing that. I have a paper titled Technologies of Transcendence that I wrote during the PhD program that I want to rework and expand on for that, and it's basically arguing that drugs are form of technology for mystical transcendence. I'm not arguing in favor of them. I'm just and then I just document from the ancient period. The paper only goes up to Alistair Crowley, but adding a whole another chapter, a whole couple sections on the twentieth century. Yeah, that's something that I want to do, and I'll probably make that turn that into a course for the Logos Academy. Eventually you're muted. I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Tell us about Logos Academy. I'm looking at it over here the link long form lectures Private Breakdown's Philosophical Training. What are you envisioning here? Is there a course already up? I see you've got already eighty six Members's the what's the overall plan? Here?
Speaker 2: So the idea is this is a men's community. So I'm sorry women out there, this is for men and it's a male only space. And the idea of the Logos Academy obviously I've you know, I don't run a church, but my YouTube channels called Church of the Eternal Logos. It's just a theological perspective from Logo on various topics, and Logos Academy is trying to basically build an environment for men, young men, but most of the people in there already like established men where we can talk about and discuss anything, and I can then utilize my academic or educational skills for that community specifically. So the first thing that we're going to do, I mean right now, what we have is I have all my exclusive members content and part two streams that I actually have to think Jay for because he's the one that gave me the idea, and then we actually need to think Jamie because she's the one that gave him the idea. But all those streams that I've done, those are over on the Logos Academy now much more accessible and easily to access. The goal is for to take the dissertation, which is very very academic. This is not a mass reader. This is like three hundred pages of DNSE academic intellectual history on the relationship of technology from really the medieval period, and it's tied with millenarianism and how transhumanism. I make the argument actually emerges out of a Christian ethos beginning with John Scoto's Irregina. He was one of the court philosophers for the Carolingian Empire right in the middle of the eight hundreds, and he was a neil Platonist. He was an Irish Neil Platonist, and he developed this idea that the mechanical arts because during the Carolingian era there was referred to as the Carolingian Renaissance, where like the plow and the watermill and these things emerge as technologies that allowed labor to be easier. And of course during that period you have the rise of the Benedictines of the Ara at Lebora, tying a sort of spirituality with work. And I argue that John Scott's Iregina then presented that technology was going to redeem all the lost attributes of Adam. So Adam was a perfect spiritual person and what everything he lost to become the rupted man. Technology was going to redeem in us. And then I trace that concept and the dispositions towards technology through people like you of Saint Victor Roger Bacon. And this gets tied with Yakima Fiore's Millenarianism, where he believed this Third Age, the Age of the Holy Spirit. Sacraments were no longer important, the priesthood was no longer Essentially, it's a form of Protestantism because it was the Age of Holy Men. As long as you were virtuous and spiritual, the Holy Spirit would inform you. And this was going to be a utopian age. It was kind of a millinery and disposition. Well that literally informs somebody like Francis Bacon when he writes The New Atlantis where he develops a new understanding of science and he does away with the Aristotilian understanding of categories and logic. Not that he's against that stuff, but he presents a new utilitarian form of science, that science and knowledge is all about practical utility. And I traced that into then the founding of the Royal Society, the founding of speculative Freemasonry, and the rise of the engineer. You get people like Henry Saint Simone and Augusta Kompt where now you have this positivist scientific philosophy which is still millenarian. And then I tie that with America being the city on the Hill, and that many people theologians, whether it be John Edwards moving forward, believe that America was going to be the millenary and kingdom. And so that dissertation traces that idea into then contemporary transhumanism as a form of post secular deification Orthodox theosis. And then I demonstrate how both of these are basically two competing narratives coming out of the Christian world regarding deification. One is pre modern the Orthodox theosis, which maintains the old metaphysical order and essentially Aristotelian categories and all this stuff. Where the new one is coming out of this historical thread where technology and existential pursuits are going to lead us towards you topia, and that orthodox he views transhumanism in its own eschological terms related to the Antichrist.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, we both you and I both covered in our videos the Peter Teal interview, where Teal seems to seems to sort of take Christianity as this allegory for technological transhumanism and immortality. That's kind of my reading of that weird interview, and he mentioned what was a Renee Garard I've not read. I have the book, somebody recommended it, but I have never gotten to it yet. So I'm assuming that he just sort of takes the Christianity in this sort of a symbolic way, kind of a Jordan Peterson style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah. And so to wrap up that whole dissertation, that is basically an orthodox Christian critique of transhumanism utilizing the methodology of intellectual history. That's what that is, and my goal is to have that published by the end of August. So the Logos Academy that is a separate project obviously tied related to it, and that may turn into courses. But the first thing we're going to do in the Logos Academy we have bi monthly meetings where we have free form conversations and then we just had one last night, and the members want to do like topic themed two hour conversation, So maybe I post an article or something and then if people want to read it, you don't have to read it, but you can then join the meeting and we can talk about things like a classroom setting. And then we have a fitness group that kind of holds people accountable for fitness, diet, spiritual life, and then career or life goals. And so those are the three meetings we do every month, and my goal is to create The first course will be a history on the logos, beginning with the pre Socratics, people like Heraclitis and this idea of logos, moving into eventually the Gospel of John and the ending of the Neoplatonic academies, and that will be tied with My goal is to create an ebook related to that, and then another course on the history of metaphysics essentially from the Midia Evil period to the postmodern turn in the twentieth century, and that is the kind of continuation of the same conversation. And then I want to build out a course that is going to go into deeper to regards to that ebook. So those are kind of the two big projects that we talked about last night in the group that I want to try to get done by the end of this year. So by the end of twenty twenty five, there should be two full courses on the history of logos the history of metaphysics, tied with ebooks that are kind of introductions to those topics, and then Part two streams exclusive videos all my show notes or study guides are available for the group, and then of course our three meetings each month, plus sometimes Q and a's. So that's kind of what we do at the group, and it's kind of themed like an ancient academy. I mean we want I mean last night, some of the guys are like professional powerlifters, and it's an interesting amalgamation of different guys and it's just a place for us to come to get other as you know, adults, as men, and be able to learn and discuss things that you really can't with other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good to reclaim men's spaces. That's such a neglected thing given you know, the dominance of feminism in our era. I want to remind you guys that I will be speaking to the third annual Ludwell Orthodox Fellowship Conference in Stafford, Virginia. This is outside of d C, so if you're in the DC region, this is September sixth, twenty twenty five. I will be speaking there along with Metropolitan Jonah Jim Jatras, our good buddy, Buck Johnson, our good friend Proto Decon, doctor Patrick, Father Turbo, and some other priests and people I'm not familiar with. I'm sure they're all great people I'm just not familiar with, and of course Rebecca that runs Dissident Media. It's going to be a great conference Saturday, September sixth, twenty twenty five, Stafford, Virginia, and you can get the tickets in the link in the show description in the link right there. We'll also be having a upcoming conference here in Florida. Again. This will be our second conference at my church here in Florida. The first conference that we did on Iconography with Father Deacon and Father Vladimir was a big hit. We had a lot of a lot of fun. We had a nice crowd. So we're going to have an even bigger conference, bigger crowd this year. This year's focus, I don't have the ticket page up. It will be in November, just let you guys know. So we do have plenty of time. But the theme this year will be Athens in Jerusalem. So we're going to be contrasting these two approaches to reality to society civilization. One of course focusing on human reasoning and philosophy, and of course Jerusalem focusing on the person of Christ, the Messiah and divine revelations. So what is the relationship. Is it an antipropy, is it an antithesis as Tratolian said, What have Athens to do with Jerusalem? Or is there a possibility of overlap or or what that will be? The focus will also be getting into aesthetics. Of course, by the Vladimir lectures on art history. He's an art history teacher. He focuses on the techniques and styles of the Renaissance masters and how they put certain structures and geometric patterns and forms into their works, and that also of course influences later Russian art styles. Dance commodore, no way we did that one textas became a member shout out to textas Jonathan Britton two dollars. This is a kind of a complicated question. Basically, he asks what is the Orthodox Church's idea on THC, CBD, silo, cybin, et cetera. In short, I will answer it as saying that I think that anything can be medicinal, because every thing that exists God created and created it good. But any of those things could also be conceivably abused. This is a great question though, that I'm gonna ask a Cotel. I'll ask doctor dph is it are there any potential medicinal usages for mushrooms and these kinds of things. I know we have this maps thing going, which is I think Soros funded. And I'm not talking about minor attracted persons. I'm talking about a different things. The thing that has to do with like studying hallucinogens. I would say, like I knew a guy who was a severe alcoholic. He was a good friend of mine from high school. He ended up dying a couple of years ago, one of my good friends, and I would say, like, in his case, he's at such an advanced state of extreme alcohol addiction that I don't think some extreme measure, like perhaps some program that might have utilized this to to help him break free of extreme alcoholic addiction. Maybe in some of these extreme cases, something like that could work. But doctor David Patrick Harry, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I agree with you? It's that that's the always the response whenever I do a stream on psychedelics, people in the chat go, well, what about the John Hopkins research and the point is that these things are nuanced, and so has psilocybin or MBMA shown signs of effectiveness regarding PTSD or severe forms of addiction even I begain, Yeah, they have. Well I thought you just told me that these things are spiritually you know, problematic. Why Well, clearly it's helping people. Well, as I would argue, is that they do dissolve boundaries. And if you have a boundary due to post traumatic stress disorder that you're constantly reliving, you're constantly moving through every single time, every time a firework goes off. That Yeah, it has shown that if you get into these altered states and you sort of kind of dissolve these boundaries and have a phenomenological experience where you're able to sort of move beyond them when you become sober, you're not as throttled with that same stress and that trauma. So are they beneficial in that way? Yeah? I could see how somebody who's in extreme mental anguish due to trauma that this might be beneficial. Same thing with potential CBD use. I mean, obviously that's not anee grating THHC. You know, everybody points to glaucoma or appetite suppression for people that are cancer patients. Yeah, I could see how that could be beneficial. At the same time, every time you alter your consciousness, you open yourself up to spiritual warfare. I mean, as orthodox, we're being inundated with thoughts that aren't entirely are all the time. When you dissolve the ability of self awareness and even recognize things that are infiltrating your mind, you are way more susceptible to believing and falling victim to prelast than ever before. So they are spiritually dangerous, even if there are potential medical applications in certain circumstances. But just because there are potential benefits doesn't mean that that should be a free pass for your own consumption or use because you're self medicating. If you have a really strong tide to these things and you find it hard to give them up, well there's probably a deeper problem there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see. Pano says again five dollars. Thank you guys. Listening to you guys talk about this. I'm reminded about the horrors of narcissistic abuse, where the victims are made to doubt their perceptions of reality. Would you say that these substances destroy the gnomic will. I would say that any addiction or any mind altering substance could conceivably maybe not destroy the will, but enslave the will. M what do you think?
Speaker 2: No, I totally agree. I mean anybody who smoked weed. I had a bad habit through my twenties, smoked every single day. Once you get sober, despite what a pothead will tell you that, well, it helps me be creative, it help it helps me come up with ideas. If you're sober, you have a stronger drive for work, to accomplish things, to achieve goals. That yeah, absolutely, it makes you apathetic to some degree. And so if you're sober and living a healthy life, I promise you the quality of your work and the desire to actually accomplish something, and your testosterone is going to go up. Marijuana is a female plant. It lowers It's been shown to lower your testosterone.
Speaker 1: I might have missed this super chat. A couple of days ago. Jeff cast five dollars. American Eagle releases an ad that isn't super gay, and people complain neat.
Speaker 2: Me and Eugene.
Speaker 1: I think we read that one. Let's see here here we go storm the cat ten dollars. My dad's friend and other friends have encountered witches in the woods. They were standing in a circle, and there they had drawn in the mud a circle, and there was a Ouiji board, and they were moving in unnatural ways, and supposedly one of them levitated, well, I would just stay away from the witches. J Mal thirty dollars. Why would Kraljung think Christianity rose out of a mythri cult? Do you think Jordan Peterson believes that? Well? Um, I mean probably in the case of kral Young, who I've read a decent amount of kral Young, I think he probably was just looking for alternative explanations and why he's settled on this one or that one. Who knows? I think probably out of just pride and academic, you know, arrogance. And I would say maybe in Jordan Peterson's case, I don't know if he thinks Christianity is mithra or not, but he just still, you know, can't he can't bite the bullet on Christianity in Toto. So what do you think.
Speaker 2: The phenomenon first launched off? I think there's a video on my old YouTube channel before I became christian I posted a video from Jordan Peterson essentially spouting the you know this mushroom type theory related to Christianity, So I can find it on my old YouTube channel. I can find it download.
Speaker 1: So you're saying Peterson has in the past endorsed this type of an allegro theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some type. I mean, it's been a while since I watched it, but it was tied with the connection between mushrooms and Christianity and essentially was promoting the benefits of this sort of inebriating spirituality to enlighten oneself. And he refers to the John Hopkins research and stuff like that, but pulls basically from everybody that we've already discussed presently about this sort of general theme of how Christianity may be tied with inebriating substances. But maybe his opinion has changed. I just remember downloading that and posting it like twenty seventeen, and it was when he became popular. He had like tons of videos already on his YouTube channel, and it was an old video that I found on there. At the time, I was into psychedelics and I thought, oh, wow, Peterson, he knows what's going on. But now it makes you think his gnostisism and his unwillingness actually identify as Christian. It's like, Okay, maybe he's actually still in that camp.
Speaker 1: Santo's Bnacci is an insane person. I don't know what people in the chat like, I don't know. You put this topic in and and it just attracts like the most ridiculous people in the jet. No, we don't deal with insane people over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember.
Speaker 1: We went through on my channels quite a bit of Jordan Peterson's Personality lectures, and in those there's a significant, maybe an entire lecture on Christianity and the Trinity and the person of Christ. And basically it was just Zeitgeist level stuff that like Isis and Horace and Mary's Isis and Jesus is the Son of Raw. It was like Zeitgeist level stuff. So maybe he's still sort of hung up in that mindset. I remember the when you debate a z Zec in twenty nineteen or twenty twenty. You know, Jesus isn't divine, but he's like this, he's like a symbol for suffering and overcoming or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's like the the Adam Kadman of the astrological cycle. So I remember Santos stuff. It's all tied with this astrology. It's a mixture of like Jordan Maxwell and you know a lot of this like New age spirituality. So I haven't I haven't seen or heard of Santos in a while. I'm not sure what what he what he does, but his spirituality is a gnostic illuministic framework where Christ is an archetype for who you're supposed to become, and all the religions are pointing towards this perennial truth, and that the zodiac is the the sort of ultimate rubric to understand medicine and healing and and the passing of seasons, time history, all these different things. So it is.
Speaker 1: We get I appreciate you guys being so supportive. It's a good sign when we can't move along because there's so many super chats. Appreciate that you guys are being the beloved pay piggies that we appreciate. Involving double monkey twenty dollars, I spoke to Charismatic. He said that God sent him a dream about his knee surgery. He looked for a doctor who agreed that he needed knee surgery. However, the surgery didn't work. I asked him how he knew the dream wasn't from the devil, and he didn't say anything. Yeah, it's I mean, that's why in the Orthodox Church we just don't focus and pay attention to this kind of stuff because everybody in the charismatic world, and the Roman Tholicism, by the way, has accepted charismaticism holds from the papacy down. It just leads to everybody being diluted, and they follow their dreams and their visions, which, as Jeremiah says, are from their hearts and not from God. So exactly, any thoughts on dreams and visions, And I mean, I think psychedelics are a big part of prelest too, Like they give you this like you think you're seeing these great insights, and it's like, nah, dude, like the seven ten year old staring at a candy wrapper realizing that reality is all one is not some great mystical insight.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I agree. I think you know, just be cautious at dreams. I've seen too many people, even Orthodox Christians, try to make like ultimate conclusions from a dream. Obviously, we know the prophet Daniel was able to interpret dreams, so dreams do have some significance. But who are you. You're not the prophet Daniel. You know your ability to interpret the you know, the walking dog headed entity that you encountered in your you don't know what that means, so just stop.
Speaker 1: I think also, like probably Deacon says, like if if if you were given dreams from God, from the spirit or something like that, like you would be interpreting this in the context of your spiritual father kind of helping you in guiding you, and He's gonna not let you be diluted or fall into some you know, prelust, So it would be in the context of the church. It wouldn't be you know, I don't know, like I mean, for example, Sam Schamun, Sam Chomun's whole ethos is a bunch of dreams and visions and nonsense and orbs flying around his room. All that's pre last No. One five dollars. You should investigate all the people who claim to see visions of Christ and angels during the time of Joseph Smith. This is a very odd part of history. I think. In the in the case of Joseph Smith at number one. He's just a con man. I mean it's impossible. It's possible that he saw some sort of angelic entity claiming to be Moron I or he just understood the power of uh you know, of the con and just claiming to have seen visions. Any comments on Joseph.
Speaker 2: Smith, I totally agree. I mean Joseph Smith, Yeah, I mean, that's a mixture. His dad was deeply interested in the occult. I mean, I would argue Mormonism is the mixture of Western Asotericism, Protestant Christianity, and Freemasonry. It's kind of the formation, the foundation of what Mormonism is. So you know, yeah, anybody who believes are that, or believes in the revelations of Joseph Smith has problems with their critical reasoning skills exactly.
Speaker 1: Maximus Pike seven pounds, Thank you, gentlemen, Thank you, Maximus. Appreciate that. A panini two pounds. Jay, they're euros, not pounds. Excuse me, that's a euro nine a pound whatever. That to me, it's all fake. They're all fake, unless it's bitcoin. It might be spirit led. Paul, ten dollars. Do you have any thoughts on Zoroastrianism and the claims that it influenced Christianity, or any videos about Orthodoxy debunking this. Well, I'll say that that's something that was very popular in like older one hundred year old scholarship, like late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds. I don't know that that's that popular anymore in academian scholarship, and you'll learn, I think, if you get deep into academic stuff, that a lot of these things are fads, right, So academia has fads, and they'll say things like, oh, early Christianity is influenced from Zoroastrianism, and this is really popular in that you're nineteen hundred, and then by nineteen seventy nobody believes this anymore. So I don't think that's really happening in academia anymore. But I don't keep up with academia because it's a bunch of nonsense anyway. So any thoughts on Zoroastrianism, doctor David Patrick here.
Speaker 2: I mean outside of it being an early monotheistic faith. No, I've seen the arguments on Zorastrianism influencing Christianity, but the very different paradigms the presuppositions are different. You know, people, I think the word concept fallacy is problematic because maybe there are similar things that are meant, but they're interpreted by those traditions very differently. So outside of Zoroastrianism being an early form of monotheism at a period in which it wasn't prevalent, I think it's historically significant for that it allowed for more literate culture in Persia, allowed for a little bit more cultural cohesion compared to the myth rhythm of previous times. But no, there's not a there's not a huge correlation between the same thing, like as you said with the Zeitgeist, I mean, the whole thing with Christ being another form of Mithra or Apollo or sole invictus. I mean, yeah, that was cool in the early two thousands, but that's just not taken seriously anymore.
Speaker 1: Let's see the last super chet here that I see, and then we'll get back to the some of the books and the text here. Yeah, Kubi and Yapper type one dollar Doctor David Patrick Curry, you should do a drama stream after this? What's love? I love the drama streams. By the way, what's the next drama stream?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Whenever something I think I get enough interesting news that comes up, But I mean, right now, I don't know what the big drama is to do, but yeah, those are fun. I just kind of go with.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently the only big drama is that Sydney Sweeney wore blue jeans and reference genetics and that's somehow, you know, the third Reich or something.
Speaker 2: So that's the Well, then Arby's just did a commercial and some US company just did a commercial, both kind of playing off the same theme. So that is a little cultural drama because we're seeing even major corporations like RB's, American Eagle and whatever that smoothie place was that the white guy did, that's all kind of saying the same thing. So it feels like there's kind of a cultural shift in some way that's going on.
Speaker 1: Jeff coasts five dollars. Yes, I've answered this question many times, not being a douchebag. It's come up a lot. Have you seen the people that claim that Yahweh was a storm god then he became the god of the Bible. Yeah, so basically there's a great I don't usually recommend this person, but Weemland Craig does have one good book that's called Creation x Nilo, where he shows that the way that God has presented in just the Torah shows that he is not at all like the surrounding ancient Near Eastern deities that encompassed the nation of Israel, and he lists I think about ten different distinctives that set that God off. Furthermore, within the text itself, Baal is a storm god, and that is not Yahweh. One reason that very low IQ low tier people think this is because the word by all can mean something generic, like just a lord. And so you might call you know, Jesus lord, you might call Satan lord, you might call something you know, Elohem is another one of these terms that can just be a generic word for a deity. And so very stupid people who don't know about language and how word concept felacies work, they will think that that word always refers to the same thing. So if you have an Old Testament statement of Lord in one sense section referring to you know, Yahweh in another section where the Lord of the Canaanites right byal or whatever, they'll think it's the same reference. It's just a generic term like lord. Lord can be You could call Satan lord. You could call Jesus lord. It's a very very simple grammar mistake. Harvest two dollars. Is this a Christian YouTube channel? We're both Orthodox Christians. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the icons kind of give it away.
Speaker 1: Unbound. Five dollars, Jay, I thank you for everything. Can you explain the jays Analysis membership and what a subscriber gets. It's very simp simple, very boomer friendly. You just when you subscribe, you just go to the one single tab called member tab, and everything is under the members tab. There's no going all around. You just have one tab where there's the part one of the part two. Very boomer friendly. That's it. You get access to all of the interviews and talks that I've done for the last i'd say ten years. I think Jay's Analysis is about ten years in terms of the archives. Okay, so let's we'll get another super red Fox. Ten dollars Jay, Doctor dph. What is the subtle way that spiritual warfare manifests in our cult culture and how does orthodox practices like prayer and fasting equip you to counter the influences? Well, I would just say that, you know, really fasting and that kind of stuff is only a useful tool in terms of helping us to maintain and keep self control. Fasting itself doesn't do like we don't pay God with fasting. God doesn't benefit from us not eating. It's really just a way for us to discipline ourselves, to attain to and maintain self control and the means of grace, like prayer and especially you know, the Eucharist. That's the way in which we obtain the actual ontological power to not fall prey to the cultural influences, the demonic influences. And that's because we're participating in the uncreated grace and life and love of God through the sacraments and prayer and so forth. That's what I would say, Cotel, Do you have anything to add to that.
Speaker 2: I mean, basically what you said, I would add that prayer, fasting, the Eucharist, participating in the sacraments. This helps give you spiritual discernment, allows the Holy Spirit to be present within you. If you have more discernment, you're going to be able to navigate, whether it be propaganda, internal thoughts people you encounter much easier. So basically, what Jay said, the practice is the spiritual practice of Orthodoxy allow you to be a carrier of the Holy Spirit and have more discernment regarding the things that are happening. That's how you navigate and offend yourself against it.
Speaker 1: Jacob Kaba ten dollars. I was watching doctor David Patrick Carey's talks on Saint Paizios and the prophecies. What are your opinions on in times and the prophecies and could they be used by elites or are they more guided by God's will? Well, I mean, this is an area that I don't really delve into. I don't know a whole lot about it, so I don't have a positive or negative opinion. I know that Cotail spend a lot more time in this domain than I have, so I would say that when the end times come, will know. I don't think we have to worry too much about it. I'm not saying that people can't study, you know, the prophecies, the elders and whatnot. They absolutely can. That's up to you and what you know, what you get into, what you find interesting. It's possible that elites could fake prophecies, there could be forgeries, or any of these things are possible. I don't have any evidence necessarily of that, but it is definitely within the realm of possibility. Are they more guided by God's will? I think holy men absolutely are are more guided by God's will, But I would I would. My take on this would just be that I think that divine revelation as a public binding thing ceased. That doesn't mean that there aren't and clairvoyant people in the church, but I don't think you can like bind everybody to these private revelations. That's my understanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. I would agree, and also say that I've done a lot of streams regarding looking at some of the eschological visions of various saints and elders, and if this stuff gives you anxiety, like, that's not the point. And really these aren't these aren't timelines for history. And as that Jay said, these are private revelations among some holy men. Some of them are very insightful, and it appear based on a third party, that they've been fulfilled, that they've come true. But really, if you read this stuff, uh in St. Piecios included was that these are just signs to be aware of. Uh. Saint Piacio's was big on the encroachment of technocracy and ecumenism, and that these are signs that every orthodox Christian needs to be aware of because they are going to move towards uh the new Babylonian kingdom, you know, the kingdom of the Antichrist. Does that mean I mean that you know something he said in the nineteen eighties. You need to be like searching the news every day and concerned and trying to pinpoint like no spiritual discernment, participating in the sacraments of the church, and then just hearing what the saints and elders have to say and looking for signs when they emerge. That's the point of it.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this because I overlooked this question. Red Fox originally said. The first line in his super chat was doctor or David Patrick Harriet, what are the subtle ways that spiritual warfare manifests and culture that we don't notice?
Speaker 2: I would say, obviously your imagination. That's the one that I talk with guys the most about is they get weird thoughts, and everybody's had the experience. You know, maybe you're on a tall building and you kind of walk towards the edge and all of a sudden you get a thought like to jump like to just kill yourself. We would believe that that's not you thinking, that that is a suggestion, that's low giz me, that's a suggestion from a demon or the evil one, and that these are the subtleties that are occurring every day. But also those subtleties can emerge through the music you listen to, through propaganda, through if you're believing news or mainstream news like these are another ways in which subtle subversion can take place. And you just have to believe a lie to move in the wrong direction. And that's the whole point of the sort of subtle spiritual warfare. I want to say one last thing on the eschatology thing is this stuff isn't for everybody. I know people love to hear about in time for the apocalypse, But the whole point is just to get this stuff available with what I work with with the Escaton Vigil in English. A lot of this stuff. Almost everything we've translated has been either in Russian, Serbian, Romanian or Greek, and they've never been in English. So our goal is just to try to get this stuff in English. And if you're wanting to participate in a community of men that are aware of these things and can interpret them in a way that doesn't cause anxiety and stress, which is absolutely not the purpose of any of it. Then you can join the Logos Academy because the Escaton Vigil, the founder of that, he's in our group. And if you sign up today tomorrow, the price is going to go up. I told for the first week it was a founding members price, So right now if you join, your price will be locked in for twenty five dollars a month. Again, that includes three meetings a month, all the exclusive content, and then the courses that I'm going to build out. So my estimation it's a great value compared to what other people are doing with the amount of time that I'm putting in with actual Zoom meetings, because as Jay knows, those are actually very time intensive and it takes you away from doing other work. So but if that's the kind of community you want to be in, where if you have a question Jacob on stuff like this, like we actually have guys that are reading this stuff and are not consumed by anxiety about it and can talk to you in a very rational and well tempered way.
Speaker 1: Spirit led Palfi dollars, do you have blessings to debate so that I can send crazy people to Please do not send crazy people to me. I mean, I don't think that you need a blessing to do a debate. I mean I think that the more that you move into trying to teach people, uh you know, spiritual life stuff and to try to be like a spiritual father or something like that, you need that that blessing. But I think everything that we do, you know, people know who our priests are, we know they know, you know where we go, what we're up to. You don't have to get your priests or your bishop's blessing for everything that you do. It really and also kind of depends on the context of what you're doing it, Like you know, uh, you know doctor Cotel, you calling you doctor doctor David Patrick, Harry and I we both went on whatever and debated kind of crazy feminist.
Speaker 2: Chicks that'll either we don't need we don't have to call.
Speaker 1: The bishop that you know, see if we can debate some crazy chick on whatever podcast. But but no, please don't send crazy people my way. Please don't tennis racket eleven dollars and forty one cents. That guys, thank you. For the stream. Bless God, bless you both. David. I'm sorry, brother, I wanted to say something hurtful in your stream. You are great well. I think we're both men here. I don't think your word. Your words are not going to hurt us. We're rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of us and sticks to you, so our feelings are not hurt. We're big boys. Let me see him. Make sure I'm not missing a super chat here. Okay, let me ask you about the Esslin Institute because you recommended this book. I have read some of it by Jeffrey Krippall. It is a very enlightening and I think the thing that really first stuck out to me that made me want to get it as I was sort of flipping through it was the chapter Sex with Angels, the Non Local Mind UFOs, and the end to Ordinary History, where we talk about this figure of Russell targ the Cia psychic spy who became a mystic. Once I see that, I'm enthralled. Esalin seems to me to be the sort of the boomer think tank that births almost It's sort of the the brains behind the sixties counterculture revolution and it even gets into this out there sort of alien and CIA stuff. What about Essline? What about this book? And how does Esslin play into your thesis when it comes to hallucinogens and transhumanism?
Speaker 2: So, I mean Eslin is the foundation of what's called the human potential movement, and whether you're talking about transhumanism or psychedelic mysticism, the human potential movement is essential to both of those. And the belief is that we're capable of way more than we're actually presenting now, and that these are sort of spiritually latent abilities and stuff.
Speaker 1: By the way, By the way, I'm sorry, let me just at one point, I don't I don't forget this human potential thing, because Jamie asked me about this last night. She said, who's Norman Vincent Peel? People don't know that Norman Vincent Peel is the father of positive thinking, and I'm assuming that also is going to tie into what you're saying with Esslin, And don't forget that positive thinking is also what influenced people like Robert Schuler the first big megachurch Crystal Cathedral stuff, to take Christianity and turned it into a positive thinking with a cult with a Christian Veneer.
Speaker 2: And that's the official Christianity according to the White House right now? The was it Paula White?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is she part of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, And that's how I know that Trump is because Trump was a big Peel fan, and he's all into positive thinking. That's part of his rhetoric is that he always wants to rhetorically display something in the way in which he wants it to be. He's very convinced that this positive thinking and the law of affirmation and the way you the words, Hey.
Speaker 1: Dude, I manifest that stuff. I just manifested. I want it and I'm manifested.
Speaker 2: Bro. Yeah. Well, and that's why Paula White was his personal pastor. I mean, she's one of these prosperity Gospels, but she's all positive thinking. And that's why Trump latched onto hers, because she basically validated his secular law of attraction into a form of Protestant Zionis Christianity. So regarding the Human Potential movement in Eslin, though, Esslin is a fascinating little piece of history that most people, as the average person, has never even heard of. But this was really the think tank, I mean, in nineteen sixty three, so just you know, everybody knows the nineteen sixties counterculture, but it's nineteen sixty three that Leary gets fired from Harvard because ram Das was having a gay relationship with an undergraduate student. Rams, yeah, exactly, So they get fired from Harvard. So from sixty to sixty three is the early Harvard research on psilocybin. Sixty three is also then when the Esslin Institute begins to have people like Aldus Huxley come and present his sort of perennial philosophy, and so you know, sixty seven is the Summer of Love, sixty nine is Woodstock, and so that gives you a little bit of a timeframe. And so through the sixties, the Esslin Institute is where the people of the counterculture, you know, essentially, and Krypel talks about that, it's a it's a who's who. I mean, everybody who goes there basically as a PhD. So this isn't like the average, you know, run of the mill kind of person. This is an institute dedicated to advancing humanity to its like ultimate endpoint and its capabilities. So they're using gestalt therapy, they're using psychedelics, they're using tantric forms of yoga, anything in regards to the elevation you know, of personal consciousness is being used there. There's a famous story that you probably read of Hunter Thompson actually being pissed because they have there's like a natural spa there at Esslin, and even in the early six these gay men would go there and Hunter s Thompson, who was not fan of homosexual he was part of the counterculture, and he was actually hired by Michael Murphy to be the sort of security guard for the premises and allowed him to stay there while he worked on some of the different stuff. He actually went out there to confront four gay men who were frolicking with each other in the bath and actually got beat up by them, and he never returned to Eslin again.
Speaker 1: No, I did not know that we have. Jamie and I took a road trip some years back when we were first dating, and we did drive up Big Sir, and we drove past it, but we didn't go to it.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful the area, I mean.
Speaker 1: It is gory, Yeah, Big Sir is awesome.
Speaker 2: I mean you literally look out there's whales, dolphins. I mean it is like an ideal scenic Yeah, it's perfect, yeah place, and it's built on the ruins of a Native American.
Speaker 1: I don't know, well, this becomes I mean, it becomes a hub right of the counter culture. You've got Deepak Chopra, You've got like all of these sort of big counterculture figures at some point have gone and done lectures and seminars at Esslin.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Abraham Maslow, I mean for his his hierarchy of values again, that's all that was tied with the Human Potential Movement because they're trying to get the you know, what do people need, which then kinds ties with socialist ideas. While they need they need food and shelter, they need education, we need to provide all these things so that each individual.
Speaker 1: That was also part of M culture too. Maslow was part of M cultra. The Human Potential Movement was studied in mcultra too. In fact, they even put that into military studies where they were experimenting on certain troops and certain special operations divisions where they tried to inculcate them with like extreme forms of positive thinking to see if it could like alter how well they performed in battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so the Esslin Institute, to your point, I mean we're talking like a skinner and his behaviorism, like he went there to give lectures. This this whole thing was about advancing and acquiring like supernatural abilities. And this gets tied with quantum physics. You know, Russell Targ he's like a remote viewer and they have this research. So one of the interest things about Esslin is that during the Cold War, somehow they had permission by the CIA to be involved with other mystics in Russia. Now we were told, you know, there was no communication between Russian and America.
Speaker 1: Wearing a sky spies. Mark Hackert is a good essay on Russian psychic spies called sy Spies.
Speaker 2: And there's a whole section in that book talking about how somehow, you know, they were they were able to take trips government sanctioned to Russia, Russians coming to Esslin, and that they performed some remote viewing experiment where one of the mystics in Russia was able to hold some object, it was like a toy elephant or something, and that one of the remote viewers at Esslin could then tap into his awareness and they accurately described the thing that they were holding. And so Russell Target is one of these individuals that really big and promoting remote viewing and access to these supernatural abilities.
Speaker 1: Well, this is like verging on like X Men levels, you know, stranger things, you know, super kid type stuff that they were evolving these like latent powers.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, Well Krepel has a famous article talking about superheroes and comics and how this was actually the again that forties, fifties, sixties culture of science fiction was absolutely influencing what they thought they were doing at the Eslin Institute, and it was literally to create these supernatural humans through psychological process against stalt therapy, different things like that to raise conscious.
Speaker 1: Oh, if you've seen that Brian De Palmer movie called The Fury, you should watch that. We did a SIOP cinema, the SYP cinema guys and I we did an analysis of We called it MK Kids, which was the idea of like movies that dealt with gifted children evolving to have these sort of X men abilities. Three come to mind, one of which is from nineteen seventy eight, and it's like Brian De Palmer's version of the Exorcist. But it's actually worth watching because I mean it's there's some crazy like Cia intelligence type stuff in there, Like it begins with Michael Douglass in Israel faking a T E R R O R attack on like an Israeli beach from Palestinians. It's it's very bizarre, and then it turns into this whole big intelligence drama where they're experimenting on his son because his son has these sort of latent telekinesis abilities, so it turns into it like a total sort of MP Ultra style thing. There's also The Stephen King Fire started with Drew Barrymore, which is about children developing these things being studied by secret government projects telekinesis and whatnot. And then there is The New Mutants with Anya Taylor Joy, where uh, it's a backstory to The X Men, where it's like they're putting these children in this like secret school, which is kind of what Professor Ax is doing, but in that case it's more explicitly that trauma based mind control is believed to spur on and cause these psychic abilities, which is something that does come up in this literature. So I'm not trying to get off into the weeds, but there's actually quite a few movies that touch on this theme, right I.
Speaker 2: Mean we did a whole stream on Project Stargate. Oh ye, good point, exactly well documented CIA funding project on again really research we talked about. This research coming out of Eslin is what influences in the CIA in the eighties developing Project Stargate, which is ironically the same name of the new AI project that Trump just oh right, right, So yeah, there a lot of interesting connections in Eslin was essentially the intellectual catalyst for all this stuff. This isn't I mean, you can go as a regular person's very expensive, but as Crypel talks about in that book, I mean almost if you go in, you know, on a regular day, almost everybody there's an academic or some type of professional. This is kind of an elite place for elite people that are interested in these projects. And eventually, you know, by the eighties you get somebody like Terence McKinnon who becomes a resident lecturer there, and so you know, by the eighties and into the nineties, psychedelics and psychedelics being something that can liberate you from the historical constraints of man is part and parcel of the Esslin Institute, and where it connects with transhumanism is by the nineties, Leary is kind of given up on being the psychedelic LSD guru. He writes a book like Your Brain Is God, where he's arguing that computers are the new LSD and that transhumanism is the future, and that everything that happened in the sixties and seventies that he was a part of, he's saying is going to be fulfilled through through technology and computer and AI.
Speaker 1: Did you ever there's a great documentary that's pretty famous. It's called The Unibomber, the Net and mk Ultra or something like that. Have you seen that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You got to see that because they actually go and interview people at Esslin Institute, and they they even get into stuff like the Vienna the positivists of the Vienna Circle and how it all ties into LSD and the It's it's a really good documentary. I'll try to dig that up and find that you should definitely watch. Everybody audius to watch that too, And everybody should watch the movies that we just mentioned, including The Fury. They're they're all very relevant to what we're talking about and demonstrate I think that this is this is all real, This is not conspiracy stuff. This's actually very legitimately, Like I'm not saying the Telekinese's powers are real. I'm just saying that they really do study and are interested in this, and it's infected the society so far as to like literally be the origins indirectly of as he pointed out, the Prospect Gospel all coming out of positive thinking. New thought, I think is one of this too, is a new thought part of that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, So anything else you want to tell us about this, and then maybe we can tie it into you know, transhumanism and anything else you want to say about your your thesis here, because this is all this is how we got in the modern world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is how we got to the modern world. And I mean, I don't have much more to say about Eslam. We kind of hit it. I mean, unless you want to get into minutia that maybe some of the people would be interested in. But generally speaking, I mean, Eslin's just an important spot. I mean, when you start talking about like Alan Watts and his Asian studies, I forget exactly what it was, the American study of Asian culture or something in San Francisco. All this stuff is spawned out of the Esslin Institute, which was closely tied with Stanford University, which Stanford University is, and it's closely tied. And this is the conduit of how all this stuff is connected. And when you read the history of Eslin, you see that the government was not interested in shutting all this stuff down, you know, the way that it's present as the counter culture, right, they're fighting against the man. But even in Kreipel's book, which is celebrated by the founder of the Eslin Institute, it clearly shows that the government was retarded.
Speaker 1: I hate that narrative so much. Just like the CIA, the Foundations, the Thing tanks, the military, the Pentagon bankers, they're all putting zillions of dollars into those exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: And just like you you pointed out about maps, Maps is now the academically respected study of like psychedelics. So if you are an academic, you're going to be affiliated with this group and publish your research and association with them. And again that is all tied back to the Eslin Institute, which as you said, is tied with Soros funding and globaliss initiatives and all that different stuff. Because it's fundamentally perennialus. So the thing about Eslin that they don't accept is if you to say one religion is absolutely.
Speaker 1: True, the way the truth life John fourteen six. Right, that's the only thing that you can't see kick out.
Speaker 2: But if you're interested in perennialism, which is the basis of that entire project, you're warmly welcomed and they don't care where you come from or what you're into.
Speaker 1: I would add too, people overlook that Crowley is also the father of the modern drug counterculture, right because Croley wrote his drug Diary way before even Huxley was doing stuff, and Huxley would go and do that. They would go to orgies and drug parties together, him and Crowley, and so doctor Richard Spence theorizes that Huxley got the idea for drug experimentation, which is what would become in k Ultra, through reading Croley's drug Diary. And remember that Crowley was of course an asset for British intelligence, so these things always overlap, and this is decades before the existence of Esslin.
Speaker 2: And even tied with that general history is Jack Parsons, who was a member of the Hermitic Golden Downs with Alis Da Crowley. They have of falling out because Parsons was more radical than Crowley was here according to Crowley. And a little tidbit about l Ron Hubbard, founder of science uh Scientology is they he he documented an attempt that Jack Parsons had to give birth to the Antichrist, in which him Babylon Work committed, yeah, participate in a sexual ritual with Jack Parson's girlfriend at the time, which ended with l Ron Hubbard being ashamed of himself because he's watching Jack Parson masturbade.
Speaker 1: Well. Also in Craig Heimbinger's book, he even alleges that Parsons was sleeping with his mom because in one of the Suckybius rituals he believed that you know, I n c E. S. T. Was was required for that.
Speaker 2: They're into weird stuff.
Speaker 1: Red Fox ten dollars d. Do you remember what the military study was called? If you're referring to the one that I mentioned about, uh like black ops and positive Thinking, It's it's from a one book that was published I think by an Australian guy, and I did a podcast on this because this is a really obscure, hard to find book and if you go to my rock fin I don't. I think it's it's probably for members too, but it's like at Rocktin. It is something like MK Ultra in Australia because people don't even know that M culture wasn't just in America and Canada, it was actually at universities all over the world. And uh, I mean it's a lot. There needs to be like new research done on this because I didn't even realize that like Carl Jung and you and Cameron were they were at they were at Bergoldsey in Switzerland doing experiments and people don't even talk about or know this.
Speaker 2: Well, the Sandoz lab where Albert Hoffman created LSD was also.
Speaker 1: In Switchland, exactly exactly, and some guy wrote this book. I'll have to I found it just randomly on like a message board somewhere. I don't even remember the name of it. I'll have to dig it up. But he wrote a book about the history of M culture projects in Australia basically, so there was all this research that was done, even supposedly that serial killer who was doing sleep studies and basically killed dozens of people at a psychiatric and instead he's a famous He's most famous serial killer in Australia. That was actually part of mkultr. He was studying putting people to sleep to the point of death and then bringing them back so like they're when their heart rate would go all the way down to death, and then bringing them back to see what he could figure out. I mean, but he was actually just a serial killer. He's getting off on doing it. I forget that guy's named doctor Henry something. But that's all basically all of it. Australia is a bunch of m kults stuff is all it is. But I did not remember the name of the book. I'd have to dig it up, but it is in my archive under m Cultra stuff. You could find it in there. And in that talk I referenced the book random Name two dollars. Mister Mythos did an excellent video on stargate. I don't mister Mythos, but I will say that doctor David Patrick Harry and I did a really good talk on stargates, so I would say, check out ours. I don't know this other dude. A penny two euros. What is your SBD? What does that sound for? We don't know what that means? Death culture ten dollars, what do you guys take on intentional communities? What are your thoughts, if you have any, it would be get to develop social capital for Orthodox You know, this does exist to a degree amongst Orthodox there are people who are almost experimenting but attempting to create Orthodox only communities sort of outside of town. And I mean I think that that's probably there a wise approach in terms of this country sort of going downhill. I don't think that would be a problem. But I think when you talk about intentional communities with like yoga chicks and you know, man bun dudes doing you know, meditation, that's probably not going to work out too well. So what do you think about intentional communities?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think long term it's it's probably a good idea. We talk about this in some of our group meetings about in an ideal world, it'd be nice if there were hubs of Orthodox all across the United States that theoretically Orthodox Christians could travel and stop from community to community. Obviously, there's one kind of already growing and exists outside Saint Anthony's in Arizona. I mean, they basically have their own neighborhood. So I think if if people were able to actually organize. That's the difficult part. I think. First we need to begin with some type of some type of document that can demonstrate all the Orthodox business owners. So if you live in upstate New York and there's an Orthodox guy that follows Jay and he's a plumber, go hire him. We need to create some type of economic incentive first of all, which we're so disconnected, we're so small in the United States. It's kind of hard. But you know, one of the ideas I had a place like Mississippi. There's like old towns that have like one hundred to two hundred people that used to be thousands of people live there, and so they have like an infrastructure old, kind of decrepit. But theoretically, imagine like one hundred Orthodox families move into a town that has infrastructure like that and begins to rejuvenate it, and then we can elect our own mayor and we could kind of build our own local government with something that already exists. But again, making that happen logistically is just pretty difficult. But if you know people that are interested have the same values, yeah, absolutely, we need more of community and we need places where people can actually have reassurance with each other and their neighbor.
Speaker 1: Big iron Fi dollars Jay, Doctor David Patrick carry, there's an arrative that early Christians use psychedelics. I doubt it was ever accepted. Do you think this is credible? Well, you must have missed the first hour, because we covered all that in the first hour. And no, we don't believe that. A Panini says SBD means squat, bench deadlift. So doctor David, what is your SBD? Silent but deadly.
Speaker 2: I don't do any maxing right now, so everything I'm doing is like eight to fifteen reps, so squats, a couple forty five's on each side, same with bench, and probably three plates and a twenty five on deadlift stuff like that. But I'm not a powerlifter, so I really don't do any maxing out and try to find the max amount of weight.
Speaker 1: I can lift. Yeah, Also, I would say, I mean, this is just my opinion, but there are some issues like for example, ro Coorus had some issues with the monasteries in Arizona, and when Laity go or confession or they go to the monasteries, think they thinking that they're being like super pious, and then they get advice that monastics give to other monastics. There have been multiple problems with this. Yes, so it may not be the best idea to try if you're gonna set up an intentional community to necessarily think that we have to move next to a monastery. And I mean, I'm not saying you can't, but I'm just saying that may not be like the ideal situation. But that's because I'm in rocorps and there's certain issues with that. Bon Jovi nineteen twelve, fifty dollars and says nothing, Well, thank you so much. Appreciate that, sir Jeff cost Us. I'm sorry about the Galway storm gut question. You don't have to apologize. That's just a question that you know. We have answered that. I appreciate you answering it in different ways, detail ways. Keep up the good word. Yeah, I would just say riad A creation x Nilo by William Lane Craig, even though I don't typically recommend William Lane Craig. But okay, so guys, don't want to remind you to. I have a show sponsor, which is chalk dot comchoq dot com, the best in supplementation. You've got Oshawa Ganda for mental focus. You've got the Tonkatilie for boosting testosterone, You've got the Chad mode for pre workout. All those great products over at chalk dot com choq dot com. Also to remind you guys that next up, I'm halfway through Siphadin almost is excellent book, the Bitcoin Standard. The first half of the book covers the history of money. I didn't even realize that you're basically getting an entire history lesson on money. Of course, he is coming from the Austrian school of economics largely, which is I would say about eighty to ninety percent correct. I have some reservations about Austrian economics, but overall it's definitely way better than socialist or Keynesian economics, of which the first half is a great critique. The second half then gets into the value proposition for bitcoin as a currency, so we're gonna be covering that next maybe tomorrow. We'll see when I'm ready to do a part one, So be sure and come on over and listen to our defense a bigcoin. I'm gonna be dealing with all the objections. I've heard them all a million times for the last nine years. I'm sure all of you and the audience are going to have all the same thought objections, so go ahead and bring it. I'm ready. Let's get into Siphidine's book. And then of course we have a doctor David Patrick. Harry's channel is linked to be sure and follow him, and he is in the show description and his logos academy. Do you have any other issues, any other things on your mind you want to get? By the way, who remind everybody? The last time that Cotel and I did is stream. It was one of my favorites because he brought me on to talk about British intelligence and Islam. I love talking about espionage and spy stuff, probably more than anything else. Well, I said that it's equal up there with I mean, obviously I talk about theology, but I'm saying like, other than the theological stuff, I like to talk about the spy stuff and I like to do the comedic stuff. So that's up there. So be sure and check out our stream on British intelligence and Islam. That was a fascinating topic. Kotol, What is on your mind? What are you doing next? What should we be looking for?
Speaker 2: I mean the big thing that I'm doing next is as I mentioned earlier, is trying to get this dissertation published, and so some of the stuff, as I kind of gave an overview, I don't want to repeat myself, but if you're interested in a detailed and then again, this is very academic take on comparing Orthodox deification theosis and how this has kind of been bastardized and how we got to a point in which transhumanism is actually competing with other Christian sentiments. And so there there is like the Christian Transhumanist Association. It's actually I think headquartered in Tennessee, maybe around Nashville.
Speaker 1: Even though so that's in our neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's and it's not it's not really super influential, but they are very outspoken and they try to they try to corporate like Saint Maximus the Confessor and Orthodox Saints as like oh look again, they're not Orthodox. It's a very progressive form of Christianity. It's non denominational. But they are constantly appealing to Orthodox theosis as being the continuity and strand that transhumanists is emerging from. And so the dissertation, like, if you're interested in theories of mine, we're talking about functionalism and what is the metaphysics of a transhumanist paradigm, and these various groups that are explicitly religious in they're transhumanism. You know, there's the Alcore Life Extension Center in Scottsdale, Arizona, this where they're doing cryonic freezing and stuff like that. And the head philosopher of transhumanism is Max Moore. He's an atheist guy who actually has an article that I quote in the dissertation called in Praise of the Devil where he appeals to Satan. He argues, not an ontologically real figure, but a perfect archetype to rebel against this constraining system of Christian morality, and Christian it's almost like a Nietzschean thing, like the Christian slave morality. So that transhumanism can actually elevate us to the promise that Lucifer, the true inspiration of human liberation, can move us towards. And so that dissertation, like I said, it's going to be a book titled Return to Babylon From Adam to Antichrist is the kind of working title that I got. I'm trying to come up with a book cover right now. And so we haven't fully landed on one that's perfect. But the general theme I was thinking, and anybody has advised, feel free to reach out to me, was something like an apocalyptic dystopian wasteland where a Darwinian evolution of man actually begins with like fallen atom and leads to the transhumanist Antichrist, and behind them is like an Orthodox Byzantine church or something, and it's not affected by the detritus and all the debris of the dystopian scene behind it, because there's not really again the academic title so long and verbose that it it's not catchy. So I came up with return to Babylon from Adam to Antichrist, and I hope that's something of that theme. Again, we haven't landed on something. I've been trying to use AI and stuff to get a template, and then my thumbnail guy who is going to help actually create the actual book cover, so it's not just AI generated. But I hope, as I said, to have that out by August. And so I launched the Logos Academy. That was the big one after the whatever podcast, is trying to launch the community, get all the content up there again. If you joined today, it's it's the last day. To get the founding member price, which is just twenty five dollars, and if you purchase for the full year, it's two fifty. So you get two months free and you get a free week. So if you sign up, you automatically get a free week trial. So if you get on there and you like.
Speaker 1: Get free weed, yeah, free weed, it sounds lot. Free week. That was a joke.
Speaker 2: Free week. Yeah. So you get on there and you're like, yeah, this deep h is full of shit, he doesn't you know? Okay, you can leave and not spend any your money. I would assume if you spend your time and you actually engage with the guys in the community, you're going to appreciate it and find it worth your value. I mean, this is gonna My goal is once we have three four courses, you know, the price to be a member is going to continually to go up. So if that's something you're interested in, and so, as I said, trying to get some ebooks out. So by the end of the year, my goal is to have one academic book, which I know is not going to be a popular seller, a couple general books for regular people, tied with courses on the on the Academy. But then I was speaking with and I mentioned, actually, Rachel thought this was a great idea. Is I was thinking about writing a book for an eighteen year old mail because you look at like Relo Tomolo, he's got the rational mail or you know, a lot of the people in the manosphere are these online contents. I think Ruslan has his own book. They're very general books for the average reader, yea. And so everything that I've written is not for the average reader, and it's not going to be popular. It's very academic. So I thought for something more popular oriented, is I was going to do it write a book called The Crisis of Man, and I want to start on this by the end of the year and basically bring an eighteen year old male who knows nothing up to speed on the state of the world, so central banking, federal reserve, Fiat currency, the meaning crisis, the death of God, you know, the history of philosophy, how we get to the post modern turn, the death of masculinity, the destruction of a nuclear families, all this different stuff that we're dealing with in culture, and write it not so much for somebody who has a background knowledge in this stuff, but assuming an eighteen year old guy knows absolutely nothing to have like a one hundred and fifty one hundred and seventy five page book that kind of brings them up to speed. And then the conclusion is orthodoxy. But it's not going to be marketed as an orthodox book. It's just going to demonstrate everything that we're dealing with again, the crisis of man, why orthodoxy is the ultimate solution. So my goal is that will be a general reader, a physical copy book, and I hope to have that done by like next summer. So that's kind of the big things on the agenda. And of course creating streams so you know, church eternal logos, that's always gonna kind of be the same thing. And then I have an old YouTube channel that we mentioned, the one on Psychedelics that I've kind of rebranded as doctor David Patrick Harry, and I think that's gonna be more of like whatever's the popular topic people are talking about. Do like video reviews. I mean you look at like the Daily Wires level of content. It's really just commentary on things that the people are doing.
Speaker 1: I watched it one hour of Ben Shapiro, and I was just sick because I've never watched it, and it's like, basically he just watches a clip and then tells you what was in the clip that you just watched, And I'm like, well, why are people paying for this? I don't understand, literally, what's the value in this is so lame?
Speaker 2: Basically the Daily Wire, Yeah, p.
Speaker 1: Man two dollars. Is there an Elamite Islamistan, Mason, Persian caa connection? I don't know. It's a lot of things strung together. I think the CIA definitely has an interest in Shia Islam and Iran and in that sense Persia. I don't know about all that other stuff though. V Scott two dollars. Is the site something that women can eventually join or only men?
Speaker 2: It's only for men right now. So last night we had our first group meeting and it was overwhelmingly supported by all the men that no women can join our meetings. It's just an all male space. It's for male formation, and we got guys that are very successful, like mature men, and so the goal is to get young guys, established men together and then talk about and learn about a variety of different things. So no, no women are allowed. Unfortunately, I'm sure there's women only spaces, but the logos against.
Speaker 1: It's a woman. It's a black woman only space over here on my channel. So all of you ladies, especially black ladies, You're all welcome over here on my channel, even though co Tell doesn't want you. I do, right, I'm like Lady Liberty over here. I got that torch. Bring me all of your sullen masses and your black ladies over here on my channel. I'm just kidding. You look mad? Is that making you? You look like you're mad. We've been making jokes on my channel for a while now that like there's only like nine percent female audience of my channel in terms of the demographics, but I keep saying, like black people popping up in the comments. So I'm thinking, like maybe I just have like nine percent black girl audience. But I'm just joking. I'm just joking, you know. I think we need more all male spaces. It doesn't even exist anymore. And that like feminist will like sue you if you try to create that kind of stuff on a big scale, Like if you try to create a business, you know, like a cigar bar that's only for you know, guys, and then you'll get feminists it'll sue you. It's it's just insane. V Scott says to