Speaker 1: This is the other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: Running a strange program, y'all.
Speaker 1: With Walter Sterling.
Speaker 2: Lost in stays.
Speaker 1: Nature Nature.
Speaker 2: Now I work for a very unusual company in that it's owned by John and Margot Katsimatitas pronounced Katsimatitas, as Margo taught me in no uncertain terms, it's Katsimatitas. She was very clear. In fact, I'd have to say that Margot is very clear about everything, just everything. And the best thing, well, they're many best things, but among the best fringe benefits is the Red Apple Audio Networks has the most stunning breakroom in American media. There are many companies that feed you. They'll make a deal with hot and crusty, and they'll have a nice buffet twenty four hours a day because they don't want you to go outside. But the Catsimatids are grossers at root, and therefore they understand our dietary requirements better than most. Everything in the breakroom is a snack, a truly great snack. There's nothing really healthy in there. I didn't say damaging, but it's. For example, there's every type of eminem ever made, Every type of eminem you could ever want is in there mixed with every other type of mix that you could imagine, and then she upped it, she leveled up, and she started stocking tasty cakes, tasty cake products Philadelphia. If you know about tasty cakes, you know what I'm talking about, free array of tasty cake products. And therefore I consider myself a lifer. Now there's Dave Scott, a known Canadian. Are there wildfires near you, Dave.
Speaker 3: Well, the biggest wildfire that is said to me, by about twenty eight miles is about the size of about one hundred and twenty thousand football fields right now, so it is pretty big, and it continues to roar. I apologize that my voice is a little hoarse, but we've had twenty four hours a really heavy forest fire smoke here, and you know, it just doesn't taste good.
Speaker 2: Walt, No, we've suffered in the northern part of the northern part of the lower forty eight. We have suffered with that smoke very very often through the month of July and August. It burns, It makes it difficult to speak, makes it difficult to breathe, and there's nothing that we can do.
Speaker 3: Well. If Canada would learn how to put them out rather than just have a bunch of bureaucracy fires burning, we might be able to actually save that air quality a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Now, let's review what the benefit is to the Canadian bureaucracy to have wildfires. What is the benefit Number one?
Speaker 3: Employment? Number two, pushing a climate change effort politically. Number three, it makes a lot of companies money. Number four it's and I told you so to jack up prices on everything, which means more tax dollars because the companies like giving an example, when the fire first hit in a town south of me called Clinton, British Columbia, was evacuated, they bumped diesel prices up to two dollars and sixty three point nine cents a leader, which is about eleven dollars. Again Allen, Wow, wow, yeah, wow yeah.
Speaker 2: Now what about these college students? How are they involved?
Speaker 3: Well, if you look at the firefighters, they're all over town. They're heroes in our in our estimation, because I mean, putting your life on the line when you've got a you know, one thousand plus degree fire burning just ahead of you, you know, they are heroes. But the big thing about them is if you look at their age, they're all college student ages. I guess when they go back to school after Labor.
Speaker 2: Day, right, and what happens then?
Speaker 3: Usually the majority of fires have been put out.
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing? Why does it happen every year?
Speaker 3: I'm going to use the word stupidity. I talked to someone yesterday whose husband is working on the fires, and there's a lot of standing around. We there's a lot of crews who could be out working putting out the fire, but they're waiting for orders. A lot of the fire crews. Like when we burned up here in twenty seventeen, we had fire trucks from all over the province of British Columbia coming to help, from the Vancouver area, from Vancouver Island, you know, volunteer firefighters. They were coming out because our town was very close to burning down, and up here we don't see that this year, we don't see it. I mean a helicopter looked. A helicopter carries a bag that could there's two different sized bags I believe they use. One can hold four hundred gallons of water. One can use a hold six hundred gallons of water. Yes, they can refill anywhere, but what damage are they really doing? To the fire, right, I mean by the time they by the time they drop, fly back, grab another bucket.
Speaker 2: Right, it's like a tease. Absolutely, yeah, there's no there's no impact on that. So are these Union fire crews? Is that why they're standing around just watching?
Speaker 3: I don't think they're Union fire crews. But what's happened over the time is they've created contracts with these companies who hire people to fight forest fires. And you know, back in the day, like a lot of the old timers in my town one hundred mile House, British Columbia, you know when there was a forest fire, when you live in a forestry community like I do. Back then, there's a few things that would happen. Number One, we weren't spraying round up or glycophates on the forest to kill bugs that kill evasive species. We weren't doing that. Number Two, we were also having crews go in and thin out the dead fall that has If you go in any forest, you see dead fall. They would clear out those trees. Okay, those dead fall trees. How do you think we always had firewood? Dry firewood? You know, when you go camping, you stop at the gas station, you pick up you know, a couple bags of firewood. Well, that's because it was deadfall. We had people doing that. Now there's nobody doing that. Number three is with these government contracts going on. Back in the day, there was no government contract, so the loggers would get in there. They would bulldoze in the area of trees, cut down a bunch of trees to create a fire line so that way the fire couldn't burn past that line. Now we don't do that. We wait and wait and we see. So this big fire that's south to me, they didn't get a crew on it for five days. For the first five days that was able to burn. And they're like, oh, it's not going to come over the ridge of the mountains. And guess what it did. It came over the ridge of the mountains, putting a community in potential peril. And that's where it gets ridiculous. These people are standing down. You have people in Vancouver, the majority of them have never lived in a rural community with a logging background, and here they are making decisions for people who know how to put out the fires but aren't allowed to because they don't have a government contract.
Speaker 2: So we're not going to see an end to these far as far as ruining our lives in North America at least till the end of August.
Speaker 3: Well that's my prediction, all right, that's my prediction.
Speaker 2: They've Scott, the host of Spaced Out radio broadcaster journalist updates on UAP's UFOs and mysteries.
Speaker 3: Mister Scott, we had a hat trick of bad news in the UFO world. Yeah. Number one, the speech that everybody was talking about that Donald Trump today was going to be making a speech on UFOs.
Speaker 2: Guess what, Walter, I didn't hear any speech at UFOs.
Speaker 3: No, there was none, There was none. It was all hype and no action once again. So that's disappointment number one. Disappointment number two comes from Time magazine, who actually put a UFO on the cover basically said that, hey, we need to start taking this story a little bit more seriously, which is great because Time magazine is massive. But the reporter who wrote on this story was a little bit late to the party because everything in this extremely long article, although eloquently written, was from nine years ago. The news that broke nine years ago that the New York Times article on the UFOs basically came out. He was talking about the original videos that came out in twenty seventeen, the tic TAC, the Go Faster, the gimbal videos, talking about all these interactions with UFOs, the same people who have said the exact same things for nine years in a row. Highly disappointed there was nothing updated on that. And this is a problem for the UFO world because every time we seem to take a couple of steps forward, something major happens, whether it's doctor Phil, whether it's Joe Rogan, whether it's Time magazine, that goes right back to the beginning of nine years ago, and we're all sitting there saying, what does this do to help move the subject forward? Have you not been paying attention as a journalist on what is happening today and not nine years ago? So that was disappointment number two for the hat trick. Over the UK, the British Parliament said the Ministry of Defense will no longer be looking into the UFO phenomena. According to them, there is no they're there and so they're not going to be wasting time and resources.
Speaker 2: Who who said they're not going to be wasting time on this? What organization was this?
Speaker 3: The British government?
Speaker 2: The UK government Oh they're done. The British government is done with this.
Speaker 3: They're done, got it, They're done.
Speaker 2: It's good to know.
Speaker 3: This isn't surprising though, because Commonwealth countries, okay, and way back in the day when you guys were one, I mean before you had your little treason to act there on July fourth, Yeah, seventeen seventy six.
Speaker 2: We were wrong, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know. One thing Commonwealth countries are very good at, Canada included, is they are very good at the old adage, if we don't talk about it, it doesn't exist. So basically what's happening within the UK now is they are pushing UFOs back under the rug. Nobody wants to deal with it. They don't want to waste their time and resources on it, and they're which basically signals they're not giving up their secrets, they are not giving up their story. And that could be very telling for what happens in North America here coming up, because, like I said, a lot of people were expecting Donald Trump to give that UFO speech today. It didn't happen, and this is what the result is. Maybe, as I've said previously on this program, that maybe just maybe this is the goal in the endgame. Overall, keep it to what happened nine years ago, and that way nobody asked questions about today, and that way it's easier to throw the secrets back under the rug, so nobody knows what's going on.
Speaker 2: How do I find you online?
Speaker 3: Easy? Space Outradio dot Com is my website. You can download my show, spaced out Radio for free on every major podcast network including Spotify, iTunes, and iHeartRadio, and of course YouTube at spaced out Radio.
Speaker 4: Thebans in space, Space Space, the other side of the.
Speaker 1: Space, Space Space.
Speaker 5: Why I grew up playing hockey, You know, I played all the way up to Junior double A.
Speaker 1: I worked in the trades.
Speaker 5: I was an elevator mechanic for twelve years. Drive a Subaru outback like they made a whole gay body forgot to turn it on.
Speaker 3: You are listening to the biggest all night show in American radio, the other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: A vital a vital news story coming up in just seconds, and you and I are going to share inspired by Lesbians in Space because originally the title of that feature, which got lost in the ozone was Lesbians in Space who wear sports bras. That was the original title. Now why was that? Because research shows that did this hour there are only three things that people want to hear about lesbians, outer space stories, and sports. I have no interest in sports, but I respect your tastes. And then I said, well, what if we combined all of those three elements, of three powerful elements into one, and we have lesbians in space who wear sports bras. Tonight, you and I are going to discuss an amazing story about sports spras. In new cycling cheat scandal, sportspras were introduced into a cycling competition and the result was cheating, cheating. The other side of Midnight Red Apple Audio Networks with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 1: The other side of midnight with Walter Sterling. It's the other side of midnight with Walter Sterling, the.
Speaker 5: Other side of midnight, the right side of midnight.
Speaker 2: Walter Sterle is on the air up, bend down the down on.
Speaker 5: Powerful, powerful stations with fifty kilowat.
Speaker 2: Smile, Yeah, midnight misfits A no that Walter is always right.
Speaker 1: It's the the.
Speaker 3: Other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: Hello. By the way, my phone screen or computer has decided this is a good time for it to do its security update. Therefore, I have a blank screen, but nothing to worry about, because I have a more important story. You ready. Cycling's newest performance enhancer isn't a syringe, but a sports bra. Accusations of padded bras that can give women's Tour de France competitors and aerodynamic advantage are flying through the cycling world. Dutch News, of course, the Dutch The Dutch news outlet has said several complaints have been filed this year about female cyclists allegedly exploiting their breast size by faking a larger cup to use more padding in their bras during time trials. A professor of aerodynamics at the University of Scotland concluded in a study that a rounder chest has an advantage as it helps reduce aerodynamic drag through cheat chest faring. Chest faring chest firing is an object that is placed inside a jersey or skin suit to reduce aerodynamic drag and smooth airflow around the body. This is a scandal. You and I have discussed the power of sports bras for many years. The power of sports bras lesbians in space who wear sportspras in the mind of most men. The first time we heard the phrase SPORTSPRA. We viewed it as a viable competition. The amount of competing that you have done to get into bras of any type is fairly remarkable and greatly uncredited. Finally, it was labeled properly. There are sports bras, but it's not about you getting into her bra with consent. It's about women wearing a special type of bra when they participate in sports. I don't know what those spras are that they wear in the WNBA. I believe they're overdone. I believe there's too much bra involved in the WNBA. But now in cycling competition, the bigger the bra, the better. The bigger the chest, the better. It helps them aerodynamically win cycle races. How much would this help them win if they go from an A to a D? Are they guaranteed to win? Yes, you're guaranteed to win. But are they guaranteed to win if they go from an A to a D? I think it's a fair question. But that's the big news in the world of cycling. Now, what if they decided to resolve this? How have they decided to resolve this? Let's see this very important piece of sports reporting. In complaints made to the u u S, I don't know what that is. In complaints made to the official people, let's see padded brought. Oh oh, oh, here's a job for you. In complaints made to the UCI, teams want female padded brought inspectors to come in and check the riders in a closed tent to ensure that that they are not hiding anything in their bras or under their arrow clothing. The Tour de France has long dealt with cheating controversy, long dealt with blood doping, having previously infiltrated the cycling world. The Tour de France Femmes, which started August first, runs through August ninth. They want to have inspectors in a tent by the starting lines to make sure that their bras are not overwhelming, that their bras are not rigging the results. And yet, in every other aspect of life, a woman's bra does rig the results, doesn't it in every other aspect of life? Job interviews, Oh no, no, we're equal, dating, jealousy, competing with other women for god knows what. But now the only honest place that this is going to be dealt with, is in the Tour de Fron cycling competition women's cycling competition, where they actually want to have inspectors in a tent to review this. I know you want that job. There's no reason you can't have that job. I'm Walter Sterling. Lets you and I talk at eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Eight hundred eighty four eight nine two two two. You heard this terrible story about Perez Hilton, right, Perez Hilton is this online video gossip columnist, and for a long time I didn't understand what that was. Well, it turns out Perez Hilton is a guy, and Perez Hilton is a is a gossip columnist so on sort of a TMZ scale, reports on celebrities, makes videos reporting on it. I always thought that he was a little nuts, starting with his nom de plume. I'm speaking French now that we're worried about the Tour de France. Well, anyway, he's a guy, Paris Hilton, and Perez Hilton is a guy who has four children. He has four children and in the house. Those four children were in the house when Perez Hilton decided to knife himself. And this week he knifed himself. Fortunately there were enough paramedics nearby, enough cops nearby that were able to get there in time to get him to a hospital. I don't know what the result is, but I do know that I can't imagine anything more selfish. Suicide is selfish, but suicide with your kids in the house whole different level. There are no words for doing that to a child. Can you imagine doing that to a child? Of course you can't. It's because you're a decent human being. It's about thirty minutes past the hour Walter Sterling on the air in Chicago on the Great wg N.
Speaker 5: While for Sterling, the biggest all night show in American race, you and.
Speaker 2: I get to talk about Tartaria. Tartaria was a country that existed primarily in Central Asia, and it was on every map in eighteen hundred. Every map in eighteen hundred there was Tartaria about the size of China, and by nineteen hundred it had disappeared, not through any edict, not through a war, not through legislation. It just started to disappear. And part of the reasons started to disappear is through much of Tartaria there were violent weather events, including mud floods. Mud ran down the streets like a river, thick, horrible mud, burying buildings up up to the second floor, killing people because it came through fast, destroying city. After the elites of the day went to those cities and bought up as much of the land as they possibly could for penny an acre. There was very little paperwork, very little official selling. They just went in and took it, and in the process they wanted to get some things changed. One of the traits of Tartaria around the world, outposts and the country was that Tartarians had developed a way to capture electricity energy power from the ether, from the air, and through lay lines in the earth. Well, this was magnificent, This was incredible, and we're gonna learn about some of this, how the free electricity worked, and what happened to it.
Speaker 4: In seventeen ninety three, the French government renamed multiple major cities simultaneously. But the French government in seventeen ninety three is a committee of men meeting in Paris in the middle of a civil war in a country without railways, sending dispatches by horse. I want to start with a date September one, eighteen fifty nine. That's the date they give you. The date the sky turned red over North America, over Europe, over Australia. The date telegraph operators reported their equipment sparking and firing without any power source. The date that auroras, those ghostly ribbons of light typically confined to the Arctic Circle, were spotted over Cuba, over the Bahamas, over the mountains of Columbia, and the flatlands of Queensland. The official explanation is elegant, almost suspiciously so. A British astronomer named Richard Carrington was observing the Sun through a telescope at his private observatory in Redhill, Surrey. He witnessed, he claims, a blinding white flash erupting from the solar surface, a coronal mass ejection of unprecedented scale, charged particles, billions of tons of magnetized plasma hurtling toward Earth at millions of miles per hour. They arrived in approximately seventeen hours. They struck Earth's magnetosphere. The magnetosphere in turn induced electrical currents in every conductive material on the planet's surface. That's the story. It's clean, it's scientific. It's been repeated in textbooks since roughly the turn of the twentieth century. But the deeper I looked, and I mean really looked past the textbook summaries and the Wikipedia entries and the reassuring diagrams of solar wind, the more a different picture began to emerge. Because here's the thing about the official explanation. It explains the lights in the sky beautifully, It explains the disrupted telegraph lines. It gives us a mechanism, a cause, a reassuring framework from the world of physics. What it doesn't explain, what it can't explain, and what nobody seems to want to talk about, is everything else that was happening on the ground in eighteen fifty nine. What emerged is not a picture of a random natural event absorbed by a primitive technological world, but a picture of a world that was, in some ways far less primitive than we've been taught to believe, a world with energy infrastructure built into its very architecture, a world that may have been running on something we don't have a name for anymore, And a world that, after September eighteen fifty nine, started systematically removing the evidence. What if the sun was just the cover story let's start with what we know, or rather, let's start with what we're told we know. The Carrington event is described even today as the law lar just geomagnetic storm in recorded history. Carrington, himself, a wealthy English amateur, was sketching sunspots through his telescope when he observed a brilliant white flash. Less than eighteen hours later, the storm arrived. Telegraph systems across Europe and North America failed simultaneously. Some caught fire, some reportedly continued to operate even after operators disconnected the batteries, drawing current directly from the charged atmosphere itself. That last detail. Hold on to that detail, because here's the question no one seems to ask. Why were the telegraphs the only systems that responded to this surge of atmospheric energy. Think about that for a moment. We're told the atmosphere was so electrically charged that metal wires strung between poles, copper lines, rudimentary insulations, simple circuits were not only disrupted, but were powered energized by the geomagnetic event to the point of autonomous function.
Speaker 3: And yet.
Speaker 4: Look at the rooftops of virtually every major city on Earth in the mid nineteenth century. Look at what was up there. Metal rods, spires, ornate copper tip lightning conductors, elaborate finials on public buildings, on churches, on train stations, on grand hotels, on government buildings, on academic institutions. These structures were everywhere. They were identical in their basic configuration, across cities that had no reason to coordinate their architectural choices. Paris, London, Saint Petersburg, New York, Chicago, Buenos Aires, Bombay, Shanghai. The same motif, the same vertical metal element, the same connection to the sky. This raises a simple but critical question, what exactly were all those rods and spires for? The official answer is lightning protection. Benjamin Franklin. The lightning rod protection from electrical storm, simple, elegant, rational, and for a single copper spike above a barn in rural Pennsylvania. I might accept that. But the deeper I went, the more the lightning explanation started to collapse.
Speaker 2: You know what he's talking about. That on the farmhouses, the barns, the cathedrals, the churches built before nineteen hundred, built before nineteen twenty, they had lightning rods about every twenty feet along the roofline of these buildings, on top of the spires of these buildings, and we were told those were lightning rods, except there's still lightning and those rods are not put on new buildings. They in fact were not lightning rods. What they did was capture ether, captured energy from space, captured energy from the ground, sent it through an elaborate series of copper tubing in these homes. In the walls of these homes homes, the copper would heat up. That's how the homes were heated. And then they gathered in what looked like a fireplace to you and me, but it was not a fireplace. It was a gathering point for this energy that could then be redistributed through the house for hot water, for cooking, for heat. That's what it was. Because if you were to look at those fireplaces in these mansions built in eighteen ten, eighteen fifty, eighteen seventy five, if you don't look in those fireplaces, what would you see. You would see no carbon residue, You would see no carbon residue, you would see nothing that indicated that wood had been burned in there, nothing in there that would indicate that coal had been burned in there, because it wasn't. Instead, it was a gathering point. Remember those fireplaces had big thick, heavy iron plates on the front and the back, the front and the back, those are capacitors. Those gathered the energy, aided in the redistribution of the energy, helped turn it into heat. Those heated up turned it into heat, hot water energy. Now why don't we have those? It worked fine, they worked really well. In fact, there's nothing draftier or lousier than a home that has to be heated with wood, with carbon, with coal. It is a terrible way to do it. That isn't how those mansions were heated. That isn't how the Vanderbilt mansion in New York City was heated. It was heated with ether, It was heated with ley Line energy, heated with the copper wires, the copper tubing through the walls. We've had plumbers on this show who talk about how they, when working with old homes, would tear open the walls around those fireplaces, and that's what they found. They found a tremendous amount of copper tubing, not for plumbing, but for heat, not for hot water, not for traditional plumbing. But for the plumbing of heat. I believe that one of the weirdest things about our energy today always struck me as odd, Like what really, if you have trouble with your gas line, who do you call? You call a plumber? Why do I call a plumber to fix gas? When you install a new stove, a new range that's gas powered, you call a plumber. What I thought they just dealt with water. Well, no, what they dealt with and what they were trained with for two hundred years, was how to deal with copper tubing and how do we get gas from the gas company copper tubing. Plumbers have two hundred and fifty years of experience in dealing with that copper tubing when it's relative to heat and energy. But it started with the ethernet. It started not the ethernet, with the ether from the air. Until nineteen hundred, ether was on the periodic table. Ether was on the periodic table, and then around nineteen hundred it disappeared, disappeared from the periodic table. All of this is amazing, But why did this happen? Why did it happen? It happened because the elites did not want it to continue. Why didn't the elites wanted to to not continue. Well, we'll talk about that coming up in just seconds. You have a cut in there called Grand Canyon. I want you to look for the cut in there called Grand Canyon or something canyon. Would you do that? I wish I could call a number, but that's just impossible. I'm Walter Sterling. This is the other side of Night the mystery we also wanted to discuss. We'll get back to the mystery of Ether, but we also want to discuss the incredible mystery of the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 5: Today, I am at the north rim of the Grand Canyon. I'm here because somebody sent me an article for this person claims this is an underground base. But I'm just as curious as everyone else. At least maybe we can solve one mystery of the Grand Canyon. That's why I came out here to see what we can find. If it really is an ancient underground alien base, we know where this thing is. Hello, I'm Jeff at the Track Planner.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 5: I am at the north rim of the Grand Canyon trying to solve a mystery. I'm here because somebody sent me an article from unilad Am I saying that right. So what is unilad. Unilad is a website that is a major youth platform for breaking news and relatable viral content. Unilad is based in the UK, and I think they have offices in New York. Just by visiting Unilad's website, you can see how they creatively market their titles and pictures to grab attention and get clicks like this article that was sent to me. So what does this unilad article say? The article starts out with this an ancient doorway spotted in the Grand Canyon using Google Earth as conspiracy theorists convinced it's a sign that aliens are real. Here is bona fide proof that aliens exist, and they've been leaving behind doorways carved into the very ground itself. As for what lies beneath the mysterious door, we don't know, but we can have a lot of fun speculating, and we sure did have fun speculating Mongolians, Chinese, Egyptian, you know. Temple entrance a secret stairway, a temple sponsored by the Smithsonian underground alien base, Romans building fords here. The article doesn't talk about specifically where the entrance is, but it's actually right here in your point Imperial just below it. This person claims on UNILAD this is an alien base, and so obviously that caught my attention. I came all the way out here to find out for myself, because these people don't post themselves hiking to these places, and there's no answers. There never will be answers for a lot of this stuff because most of it's just so remote. But this one we can actually see use binoculars, and unfortunately Keny's the drone on National Parkland. But at least maybe we can solve one mystery of the Grand Canyon. So let's go. Before setting out, I wondered how I would get there. The terrain looks steep and likely inaccessible. Consulting a map, I plotted a route that would allow me to hike to a vantage point directly across from the entrance. From there, I plan to use binoculars to get a closer look. I live pretty close to the Grand Canyon, so it was easy for me to make a day trip out of this mystery. So I'm here at the guard station to the north Rim entrance station. Can't wait, I'm getting closer. So we're gonna see what all this weird stuff is. Is it aliens?
Speaker 2: Is it some portal to the universe?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out soon.
Speaker 5: Enough messing around, it was time to figure out where that secret ancient Egyptian alien entrance was located. So supposedly that entrance is right below me, so I'm gonna circle around and get a view of it from this other side.
Speaker 4: By the economic logic of extraction, exposure is destruction. The hope he Elders who declined to discuss the tunnels in the years before and after nineteen oh nine were not protecting a secret for its own sake. They were protecting an archive, a physical record placed in the most inaccessible terrain in North America, maintained by a tradition of silence that had for centuries successfully kept it intact. In the spring of nineteen o nine, an explorer floating through the Grand Canyon noticed something that should not have been there. It was not the cave that caught his attention. The canyon contains thousands of caves. It was the iron, more than a thousand feet above the Colorado River, fixed into the cliff face itself. Was what he later described as an iron fitted entrance in a place where no entrance should have existed at all. The climb took hours. What waited at the top kept people arguing for more than a century. According to the report published weeks later, the passage behind the door led into an underground complex containing copper weapons, sealed grain stores, carved chambers, and human remains, unlike anything the explorer had expected to find in Arizona. The strange part is not that the story was printed. The strange part is that after nineteen oh nine, almost everything connected to it seemed to vanish, except the newspaper that printed it. The expedition records vanished, the artifacts vanished, the follow up investigation vanished. Only the canyon remained, and, according to Hopi traditions recorded long before the newspaper story existed, some places beneath the canyon were left sealed for a reason. Tonight we're looking at the iron Door, the explorers who opened it, and the question that has followed the Grand Canyon ever since. What exactly did they wake up in nineteen o nine. Oh By the spring of nineteen oh eight, ge Kincaid had already spent months alone on the Colorado River. His assignment was simple enough on paper. Follow the river record the terrain document anything useful for future surveys. The problem with the Grand Canon is that it does not behave like paper distances lie. Cliffs that look climbable from the river become walls when you reach them. Shadows hide entire ledge systems for most of the day. There are places inside the canyon where two people can stand less than a mile apart and never know the other exists. Kincaid understood this better than most men of his time, because he was seeing the canyon from the only angle that mattered from the water, According to the Arizona gazettea count somewhere in the Marble Canyon section. He noticed an unusual discolouration high above the river on the north wall. Not a cave opening, not from below at least. What caught his attention was the way the morning light reflected from the cliff. The surface appeared smoother than the surrounding rock, as though part of the wall had once been cut rather than broken from the river. It looked unnatural enough to justify a closer look. That decision changed the direction of the entire expedition. He secured the boat and started climbing. The newspaper account estimated the entrance sat roughly fourteen hundred feet above the Colorado River. Anyone familiar with the Grand Canyon immediately understands what that means. This was not hiking, This was not scrambling. This was exposure loose rock, narrow ledges, sections where one mistake would send a climber all the way back to the river floor. Even today, with modern equipment and established climbing routes, sections of the north Wall remained dangerous enough that rescue teams regularly refused recovery operations until conditions improve. Kincaid was making the ascent alone in nineteen oh eight. Hours later he reached the opening, and, according to the account, the first thing he saw was the reason this story survived at all. The entrance did not look natural. The gazette described it as fitted with iron, not an iron gate, not a wooden door, reinforced with metal. Iron worked directly into the entrance itself, as though whoever used the site had wanted to strengthen, protect, or possibly seal whatever lay behind it. That detail changes the entire story. A cave is geology, an iron doorway is intention. An iron doorway means tools, metal working, planning, labour. It means somebody reached this cliff before Kincaid did and expected somebody else to arrive after them. That is not how caves happen. That is how entrances happen, and entrances imply occupants. Kincaid entered with a lantern, expecting a chamber. Instead, he found a passage extending deep into the canyon wall itself. The floor was level, the ceiling remained high enough to walk comfortably. The air was dry still. Older explorers often described ancient caves by smell before sight, because sealed spaces carry their own atmosphere. This place apparently did not smell abandoned. It smelled preserved. As he moved deeper, side chambers began appearing at regular intervals along the corridor, not random hollows, rooms placed where rooms should be placed if somebody had planned them. By the time Kincaid reached the first major chamber, he had already stopped thinking like a surveyor. Because surveyors mapped landscapes, they do not expect to find architecture hidden inside them. And somewhere in the darkness ahead of him sat the object that convinced him this discovery was bigger than anything he could investigate alone, not gold, not treasure, something much more dangerous than treasure. Evidence enough evidence that his next decision was not whether to continue exploring, It was whether to leave the canyon and tell someone what he had found. The first chamber looked exactly like what Kincaid expected to find in a cave system, bare stone, dust, natural walls shaped by water and time. Then he stepped into the second chamber, and the expedition stopped being geology. According to the Arizona Gazette, a count the walls inside the complex did not follow the irregular patterns normally found in limestone caves. The corners were too deliberate. The passageways met each other at angles that suggested planning rather than erosion. Some chambers appeared to have been placed at regular intervals along the main corridor, as though the entire complex had been designed before the first section was ever excavated. Kincaid later described a layout as extending far deeper into the cliff than he had expected possible. The main passage reportedly continued hundreds of feet into the canyon wall. Smaller rooms opened on both side sides. Some were empty, others were not. The first objects he reportedly encountered were storage vessels, large jars, some sealed, some broken, several still containing what appeared to be remnants of grain preserved by the dry air of the canyon interior. That detail alone creates problems. Storage implies planning. Planning implies permanence. Nobody builds food storage for a temporary shelter fourteen hundred feet above a river unless they expect people to remain there for a very long time. Further inside came tools, copper implements, blades, points, objects whose exact purpose Kincaid apparently could not identify. The important detail was not what they were. The important detail was where they were. This was Arizona inside the ground canyon in nineteen oh nine. Nobody expected to discover worked metal hidden inside an inaccessible underground complex in the American Southwest. The find was strange enough that Kincaid reportedly contacted the Smithsonian almost immediately after returning from the expedition. Then came the objects that transformed the story from unusual archaeology into something much larger. Metal tablets, thin sheets bearing symbols that Kincaid could not read and could not compare with any writing system familiar to him. The Gazette a Count never published the symbols, no drawings survive, no photographs were ever released. The entire existence of the tablets rests on the testimony of the men who allegedly saw them.
Speaker 1: The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 5: Talking.
Speaker 2: Wel the Other Side of Midnight Terry in New Jersey, Welcome to the Other Side of Midnight. Hello Terry.
Speaker 6: Walter. Your show is magnifico and in the Latin term magnificous, unbelievable show.
Speaker 2: Are you on a speaker? Are you on a speaker? Terry? Oh no, I am not doing a speaker. Now you sound like you're not on a speaker. You shifted quickly.
Speaker 6: Well to the other show is fabulous. Also, when they built houses maybe seventy five years ago, one hundred years ago, they weren't really putting the right They weren't really doing insulation. I would say one hundred years ago they probably infancy was you know, insulation, And then after World War Two they started catching on with insulation, but they were very skimpy and cheap on the insulation, and that's it, just because because oil and coal and wood was all cheap back then, and they figured people could buy much as they want and they'll make money. And then when we had the oil embargoes and the oil prices of the nineteen seventies, then you saw the oil prices go through the roof. I know there are people in the audience who drove cars back then, heated their houses, and they felt that pinch during the seventies. And I just feel that they just turned the Middle East oil producers into multi billionaires and they know they could play with us. Like I ran I really doesn't care that they are navy's in the bottom of the ocean, because after the war is over, the oil will flow and they'll buy a new navy from the Soviets like they did the last time, and now the Chinese will help them out. So they couldn't care less if you put their air force, you ground it permanently. They're gonna buy planes and jets from Soviet from Soviet Russia and from China too. They're going to be supplied, so as that oil flows, they become multi trillionaires again. And I'm just fascinated by your show, because the other night I heard you mentioned Darky killed get Ellen. She's the only one who ever interviewed Jack Ruby. She did it twice. She interviewed him, and she did let onto people say that she was going to break the Kennedy case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we covered that when she said that, you know she went to bed, and yes, she went to bed and didn't wake up.
Speaker 6: Weeks weeks she got the same treatment. I believe both of them were helped along the lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe both of them were murdered. Thank you very much for the call. I appreciate it. Walter Sterling at eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. The show is the Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks