Speaker 1: Hey, guys, we are back with Oh fuck, no, we're not. What is this live stream? I'm not live streaming my word?
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, Oh what's the live stream?
Speaker 3: Now? We're completely old here we are?
Speaker 1: No, no, all right, I'll just cut that out. But I don't know for some reason, I think they just hit the fucking thing. But but we are recording anyway. Okay, good, So three two to one. Hey, folks, you are here with Mike and AJ and Everything is a Bitch Episode twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been on it for a while. Everything is a bitch.
Speaker 1: A good number. That's a good AJ number, twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven ain't bad. It's odd, but I like it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's who was a good twenty seven in our youth? Anybody were that number? Twenty seven? Was that Robinson Cano?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think he wore twenty four, didn't he? Yah? I think it was. Uh, there was a guy I really liked in the nineties, or maybe it was earlier. It was earlier eighties. That was a center fielder for them. Oh, let me sink not not Mickey.
Speaker 3: Uh you mean base Oh you're talking baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically Yankee Yankee that wore twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm getting in the twenty seven death you know, the death club of everybody who died at twenty seven years old. Uh, you know, Jim Morris, an Amy whine House, Jim Morris and Brian Jones, Kurt Cobain, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Henri Cobain and Morrison and Hendricks were all twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Colbain, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Amy one Ounce, Robert Johnson who I forget who he is, Johnas Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix and others.
Speaker 1: Died in twenty Joplin too. There are others who any of those people who, if they have lived, would have had the biggest career.
Speaker 2: I would like to say I think Jim Morrison, because on top of music, he was very politically astute.
Speaker 3: Let's say I don't. I mean, that's a tough question.
Speaker 1: Kurt Cobain, I gotta go Cobain, you think it? Yeah, well, I mean that. I mean I think they only released three albums, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: You mean it would have been one went farward with more fame with their music. Oh yeah, then it's Cobain for sure. And how many albums that Janas Shopplin pumped out.
Speaker 1: But you don't know, but I think people would have got tired of that.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, she's an acquired taste. But yeah, Kurt Cobain, he had a lot more to give. And let's not forget his coach, his co bandmate, Dave Grohl was brilliant. And I broke that story of him cheating on his wife, and oh my god, that was a crazy one. And I haven't you know that? That destroyed me with Adam Carolla.
Speaker 3: Do you know that?
Speaker 1: Oh it was, It took.
Speaker 3: It took a hit because.
Speaker 2: Many years ago, when I was close with Adam and his wife, Lynette, Lynette very flirty.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, you'd feel like, can this happen? I'm not gonna do this. I like Adam, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: She told me at one point that they were doing a marriage counseling and the counselor who was with them also repped Dave Grohl and his wife. And then this counselor told her that Dave girl treated and his wife is pissed off, and so she gave me the story.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I can't believe a doctor said this to it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that either, and I went and said, that's such an ethical breach.
Speaker 3: It's horrible. And I was just out of COVID, I was in the hospital.
Speaker 2: I wanted to give my audience a great story, and as a result, it wasn't pleasing to Adam.
Speaker 3: You know, and I think, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I think I'm amazed. I'm amazed at that. I have to tell you it had been four years. I hadn't been back to la in four years until I went last week.
Speaker 3: Nothing's changed.
Speaker 1: Oh no, dude, everything is changed. Everything. So it's like my safe, family friendly, everybody loves each other neighborhood to local Lake is.
Speaker 3: So h that's a great neighborhood. By the way, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it was, but it.
Speaker 3: Borders some creepy neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: Well here's here's one of the things that's going on is because it's Teluca Lake's broken up, and you have a portion that's North Hollywood and a portion that's Burbank. The portion that's North Hollywood is actually the nicer portion of Toulucal Lake, except you get police response from North Hollywood. So virtually every house in the area has been robbed at least once. Oh my god, recently and Andy had to hire twenty four to seven security. They've got twenty four seven security outside their house.
Speaker 2: Folks, you show me, this is the neighborhood where we go to for Halloween and Christmas to see the house decorations and the people who lived there.
Speaker 3: Are many people work in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Who do the special effects on a movie, Rick Baker, Like, it's an event to go to this neighborhood, and you're telling me they're getting robbed.
Speaker 1: Like this, like crazy. So Andy showed me a video the other night. It's actually mighty v His wife showed me a video of the house across the way from them.
Speaker 3: I know it.
Speaker 1: Getting the two guys walking out of the house with a safe that's like five feet by five feet in broad daylight, just wheeling the safe out of the house and putting it in the back of a truck in the middle of the day. That's how reason these people.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, I remember going to your house five years ago and the landscapers and whoever was working in the area, like they gave you a look like do you belong here?
Speaker 3: Are you like one of the people.
Speaker 2: And I didn't mind, because it's a good neighborhood, great homes, But I can't believe it's it's become this kind of bullshit which every other neighborhood in California is suffering from.
Speaker 1: Ways used to sleep with the doors open. I mean it was. It was one of those you know, just walk into any one of five neighbors houses just uh pull a beer out of their fridge. No, it's uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know who lives across from Andy, but these thieves watch social media. They've gotten very smart about how to rob a home.
Speaker 1: Social or there, or they're actually monitoring directly the neighborhood and seeing who's gone at what time day, or who owns what cars and if the car's not there, Yeah, no, there, there's a sophistication of them. Plus they all have those jammers, so they jam the Wi Fi, which jams the video cameras and so now the guys with the safety didn't do that, but a lot of times they're doing that. And and so they haven't caught anybody, and they haven't caught anybody according to uh uh to them, they haven't caught a single single grieve.
Speaker 2: And all the people, all the athletes in the Hills have been robbed because they've been very skilled at finding out. Obviously, when athletes are away, it's an away game. He's in Europe, you know. And and you know, when you have a house that has ten bedrooms and twelve bathrooms, you're probably not gonna lock every.
Speaker 3: Window or door. You know, you get a little lazy.
Speaker 2: And that's enough for someone to come in and destroy your you know, just take all your shit.
Speaker 3: It's replaced them all.
Speaker 1: But it's horrifying, you know, it's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: All the years I was there, I went to uh, I'm talking about about Andy Garcia. Guys, the I went to lots of games with Laker games with Andy and and and sat in his seats with him. He is the greatest.
Speaker 3: He is such a regular guy.
Speaker 1: He totally is. So we we go and I'm thinking we're going to be in Andy's regular seats, and we go into the private club they have there to get a drink before the game, and some big wig with the Lakers I don't remember the guy's name comes up to Andy and just says, hey, now, they were playing the Pelicans, so it's a shitty game. So I imagine tickets are pretty loose for this game. But he hands Andy to court side seats, so I get to sit courtside at the Laker game. Obviously, I've never done that and would never do that on my own. But one of the one of the things that was so cool about doing that is even from Andy's other seats, which are only four rows above the above the floor, they're right there. They're great seats, right, but you're far far enough away in those that you can't tell what's being said. We were right there, so I heard every single bit of dialogue between the players and the refs, and I mean every single foul call in the game gets arguing.
Speaker 3: It's brutal.
Speaker 1: Following every single foul call in the game, the word fuck is used at least twenty twenty times. It's you know, they're calling ref's motherfuckers, they're you know, you know.
Speaker 2: I got floor seats back in the nineties because being a journalist, and I also was friends with the guy who owned Morton Steakhouse. He had floor seats, and I watched Michael Jordan and.
Speaker 3: Elijah Wan and mourning and ewing the Greatest Era.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, you hear things on the floor. I mean people have no idea how how players like this is this guy right who's he was the coach of the Heat, who's her coach?
Speaker 1: But the point, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that's Joe, that's the Italian black guy. This guy Duku does it well. He's Joe Moore, I forget his name, the Celtic coach.
Speaker 2: He's very straight laced and the hardcore marine type of guy. Butku goes at Lebron like soft bitch, you soft motherfucker. Like he's talking ship to players. Could you imagine Red hour Back and Red Holtzman doing that. He's given ship and they're like fuck you and they go back and forth. But back in the day, pat Riley got a lot of hate from opposing teams.
Speaker 3: I mean they hated pat Riley. They talked shit about him cheating on his wife.
Speaker 2: I heard everything with those four seats, man, it was brutal.
Speaker 1: Players on the other team would yell ship at Riley about cheating on as well.
Speaker 2: I broke the story that Pat Rally and Cindy Crufford shot up for a weekend in Miami.
Speaker 3: Oh really, Oh yeah, yeah, Pat was having all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know all about it. I know the cigarettes he smoked Benson and Hedges. I mean, I was on pat Riley and yeah, I was very entrenched in the nick Ernie Grunfeld era. They loved me the whole thing. But yeah, pat Riley, they treated him like he was an NBA star the other players. He was a star, and he was huge. He wasn't another coach. He was a big time star getting the same kind of chicks that these guys were getting. And they gave him ship on the floor.
Speaker 3: Man, I was great, It was great.
Speaker 1: The guy that hired me into the radio business, guy the name of Bob McCurdy, who he's done. Yeah, passed away, passed away a few years ago. And but Bob was the leading scorer in the nation for the University of Richmond in nineteen seventy four seventy five the Richmond Spidery scored thirty something points a game.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: He was an All American Tory's Achilles tendon. After he got drafted by the Bulls and never never made it in the NBA, but he worshiped Riley. And Riley wrote a book I'm gonna say where like nineteen ninety one, ninety two three, you know, the Knicks are ascendant, but they're not. They make the finals in ninety four. This is before then. But Riley writes a book called The Winner Within, and McCurdy takes a company wide meeting we're doing and thematically changes the whole thing into The Winner Within and makes in terms of the women are like, what the fuck are we doing? Whatever? Let Bob go. He loves Riley. You know, he's wearing those same kind of collars Riley wore and everything. And I didn't know this, but he had been engaged in a letter writing campaign to Riley, so he would he would send McCurdy had read voraciously, so every time he would read something that he thought was valuable in business, he would he would scan it and then he would download it onto like a word doc. And then whenever he wrote lots of letters and and lots of inspirational stuff to the team, our sales team, and he would pull stuff back out of out of there and uh, and he wrote. He had this pamphlet that he wrote that was called Everything that You Learned in the Training Program, and just page after page of little quotes and snippets and stuff. And so he's got this letter writing campaign going on with Riley and and he comes to me one day and he says, Riley called, And I said, Riley called, pat Riley called you. Well, his assistant call, Okay, what is this and saying this, and said that he likes my ship and he's sending me some of his ship too. Bob was Bob was sending him ship like you're sending him quotes and coaching ideas and all those kind of Bob was totally into inspiration and meeting different coaches, and he was really close with uh uh oh my god, u C. L A. John Wooden would go see Wooden every time he came out to l A and all of this stuff. And so Bob was sending Riley lots of stuff. And he said, he's sending me some of his ship too, but I'm going He was going to his his wife was ex wife was from Carmel, Indiana. He was going to Indiana for Thanksgiving, but wanted me to grab the package when it came from Riley and send it on to him in Indiana. I said, no problem, Bob. And I'd only pulled like a hundred practical jokes on him in his career, and so he had no reason to suspect that I would fuck with him at all, right, idiot. But so so I go to his assistant Danielle, and I say, okay, Danny, when you get this package, bring it to me and I'll figure out what we're gonna do to fuck with Bob. Right, So the joke should have been the package itself, which is I get this thing, I open it and there's a it's like a postcard type thing that you open up and it says pat Riley whatever his title, Director of Basketball Operations, New York next Senate. He just says, dear Bob, thanks for your interest, Pat And then and then there's a copy of The Winner within his book that he's signed. That's it. That's all he has sent to back to Bob. And there's no telling how much stuff Bob is sent to him over time. Right, So I'm like, this ought to be the joke, but I can't. I can't let it stand as the joke. So I'm thinking, Okay, what shit would Bob have sent that rout? So I know he would have sent him his pamphlet on what we taught you in the training program. So and I know he's going to recognize my handwriting so I get somebody else that he's not that I know he wouldn't recognize, and I go page by page through that training program thing and just rip apart all of Bob's philosophy. So, no, Bob, this is no way to motivate a team. You've you've lost sight of You've lost the team at this point. This is illogical. It just rips everything, every one of McCurry's philosophies. It just rips the shit. Right, Wait, that's not the worst. So so this postcard that that he signed, the literally the four words thanks for your interest, Pat, I take and I open it up and I put it over a copy machine. Remember we're dealing with early nineties technology, and by copying it, I've now got my own clean sheet of pat Riley stationary. Right. Okay, So, dear Bob, thank you for your interest in my teachings and the teachings of the next. However, Madison Square Garden Attorneys tell me your use, your use of our copyrighted material violates blah blah blah blah blah. Please cease and desist immediately any use of my materials.
Speaker 3: Pat.
Speaker 1: Now, So, now here's Bobby's in Indiana and He's waiting for me to send him this package from his idol, pat Riley. He can't imagine what it's going to be. It's gonna be all these letters. Right's going to send them, plays formations. Oh who knows what Riley's gonna send? And instead what he's going to get is his own book torn apart and his own philosophies destroyed, and a letter threatening to sue him. I send the ship. I send the ship on to Indiana.
Speaker 3: Oh God.
Speaker 1: So we get back the next week from We get back the next week from uh from Thanksgiving break, and I'm like, biting my I can't go in yet. I can't go in yet. I gotta wait. It's got to be inconspicuous. I wait till they towards the end of the day and I go in his office and I'm like, hey, what what what Riley send you? He looks up at me and he goes that motherfucker like, idiot, you bought it. He bought the entire he bought it book line and sinker.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of you weren't in this class, but it was a speech class with missus Cummer, the worst name. I don't know how we didn't destroy what that name. Me and Chico were in it. And there was a thing where we all did a speech whatever. We had Carl Anderson in our class, who was the big kid you guys don't know. We used to call him Huie. He was like six foot years old, I know, but he was uncircumcised. We used to give him shit in the locker room. Rocket man.
Speaker 3: It was terrible.
Speaker 1: So you know, I love I loved him by the way, A sweet guy, sweet.
Speaker 3: Kid, and he just you know.
Speaker 2: So we all handed in our opinions about someone's speech in front of the room, and you collected the people's papers and read them out. Most people are like, this is so great. It really made me think differently. Blah blah blah. And we took call in this his paper and changed it into the worst things.
Speaker 3: Do you think because you cried I gave a shit about your speech, you are an awful and missus Cummers reading us out loud.
Speaker 2: And she finally said he ain't Chico And we spent the next month outside on our desks in the hallway, not allowed in the room. But it was just this poor call Anderson was so sweet, and we made it out there he is such a bastard with.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the I think we were in this class together, the idiot social studies teacher was it Schultz. I think his name was mister Schultz.
Speaker 2: Now we had a we had a we had a guy that was nasty.
Speaker 3: Mister there was an ass name. What the fuck for? On me?
Speaker 2: It wasn't Maybe it was a tough guy.
Speaker 1: I figured out early on in this in this class, I thought you were part of this. And maybe it'll ring well, maybe when I tell my story, I may ring about I knew that this guy. You just looked at the way he lived his life. He was disheveled. He came in with shirts that were stained every day. He smelled of alcohol. I knew the guy. I knew the guy was grading everything based upon what he thought of each student and how long you know, if it was a paper that you're supposed to turn in, how long it was or whatever else. Right, So I'm in my mind, this is you, but I guess it's someone else. So I tell somebody I thought it was you. Maybe it was Kenny, somebody that I'm going to prove that this guy doesn't even read the freaking papers, Okay, And he goes, Okay, what are you gonna do? I go watch. So we had some paper due on like Thomas Jefferson or something. I did a page on Jefferson that I wrote five more pages out that were that were about Godzilla, King Kong, all kinds of just stupidity, just filling pages with it. And I was not even I wasn't the slightest, slightest bit nervous that I was going to get caught. I was completely confident that I was just gonna get an a because the guy wasn't even gonna see Agavino and maybe look first page and see a couple of things about Jefferson. He'd never get to Godzilla. Of course, not we get him back. Typically, this guy took him like two weeks before you get your freaking papers back. But I'd forgotten even what I did. And we get the papers back in class, and of course again an ah, I forgot about the Godzilla paper, and I look in and there's Godzilla and him.
Speaker 2: No, Chico did this, he actually, Oh god, he sent in the lyrics of a song and made it seem like a report.
Speaker 3: I forget with Chicago or whatever.
Speaker 1: The fuck man Saturday in the Park report.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and mister Thompson, who was a crazy old teacher, loved it to the point where he would tell class if you all could write like Chico, or tell me maybe it was so and you know what and what Chico did. We would take mister Thompson's great book, that little green book that everybody's great, and Chico would go to the page where the next you know paper was gonna be great and give himself a ninety and mister Thompson would go, h Timmy, I didn't get your report.
Speaker 3: He go, yeah, you did, Romeo and Julie. He gave me a ninety and he checked this book. Oh yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. They had no idea what.
Speaker 4: They would Mister Miller, mister Miller, we used to put the papers for Chico to cheat at the desk, and he was like, Tim Owens gets every answer right, you should study like Tim.
Speaker 1: It was such a I don't remember, Miller, you.
Speaker 2: Don't remember mister Miller was He was next to mister Merrow, member, mister Merrow with the big rubber bands.
Speaker 3: He'd shake in the answer the rubber band.
Speaker 1: I remember Merrow and.
Speaker 2: Schultz because Schultz was always called into the lunch room to quiet us down because he could yell like a wild fucking Irish German guy.
Speaker 1: So you do remember the guy I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Schultz.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it was a nut. It was a tough teacher. I didn't have him, but I remember him.
Speaker 1: It was Shiffer.
Speaker 3: Shiffer to no Shiffer.
Speaker 1: That's the guy that you were thinking of. Schiffer. Schiffer taught to biology or science. He was a science teacher. Was he's good. He was good. He was tough. He was a good teacher.
Speaker 2: Though I had Kaplin, he was mid. Kaplain was milder. Schiffer was tough. But mister Merrill, I mean nowadays, mister Merrow would have this surgical tubing and he would shoot girls in the ass with it, the good looking guys. For me, could you imagine what we went through. I mean we used to snap, not you. Chico was snapping bras and I did it out of you know, Okay, I'll do it because you're doing it.
Speaker 3: I hate it doing it.
Speaker 2: But like Regina Lecky got a bra snapped all these chicks. It was so bad what we did to women and girls back then.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we got I don't know how we got on this tande. I was talking about California.
Speaker 3: But oh yeah, he didn't chan you said it. It didn't change totally.
Speaker 1: I mean, the whole neighborhood is different. Crime everywhere. It's people that I'm talking to all talking about the same thing getting out of there for sale signs and a bunch of houses. I mean, it's, uh, they've they've destroyed so much. I tried to get by the way. I tried to get up over in the Palisades, and like it's plopped off everywhere. You can't you can't get there.
Speaker 2: It's I drove close as I can to it. It's it's like a it's a movie. It's just no one can understand that. It's absolute destruction, end of everything. I don't know what these people do. Why would they stay in California?
Speaker 1: Well know how they do. The Army Corps of Engineers is in there, and uh they are. I mean they're just dealing with all the rubble and but trying to begin to think about new infrastructure to support building. I mean, they're probably twenty five years away from from there being families in there in those streets. Again, it is forget it.
Speaker 3: That we lost.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's one of the most beautiful neighborhoods, absolutely, and it's gone. And it's like, you know, and Gavin Newsom has this podcast. I know what he's trying to do. He's trying to turn over a new leaf and be more accepting of the right blah blah blah. But it shouldn't take three months to remove rubble from your fucking driveway. It shouldn't take that long. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: If I own a home.
Speaker 2: Out there, first of all, I don't know what I would do. How do you buy a new home, fix the old home, pay the mortgage for a home you don't even live in anymore? Mike, It's insane. How would people not going bankrupt?
Speaker 3: You still own mortgage on your home that's burnt down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, looks, I'm sure people are not. Everybody that lived in that area is rich.
Speaker 3: A lot of them were house rich, retired nursing, the teachers. Yeah no, they weren't. They weren't uber wealthy at all. They got in there when the time was right. And uh, you know, but you tell me nothing is everything has changed.
Speaker 2: See where I'm from in California, where I live That's the way it's always been. People pissed off, people confused, what's going on. We're getting robbed. My car got broken into, you know, a three weeks ago, just somebody walked down the street, didn't do anything but opened the door.
Speaker 3: The alarm went off, and my family took care of it.
Speaker 2: But this ship is everywhere in California. It's California is awful, it's all. Los Angeles is awful.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's California period. I think the Bay areas worse than La is. Yeah, at this point, but I mean, what a what a what a shame, what a tremendous, tremendous how.
Speaker 3: Exciting it was to come to come there back in the day it could come there from. Wasn't it a great feeling? Wow?
Speaker 1: So beautiful And it was such a great place to raise a family in the early two thousands. I mean, that was such a great neighborhood.
Speaker 3: It is done.
Speaker 1: They've killed it.
Speaker 3: You gotta go to Nashville or horrible Florida whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: I I'd love to be in Florida. I don't. I got my kids saying I don't want it'll happen.
Speaker 1: It'll happen. I know, it's just all right, we gotta get off of this. Dennis de Menas is dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were talking about this, I mean I want Yeah, we all watched Dennis de Menas when we didn't go to school, we were sick or pretended to be sick.
Speaker 3: Wasn't your favorite show, Dennis de Menas.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I loved it. Yeah, I loved it because he was, you know, completely every episode fucking around with that idiot neighbor. I mean it was all about the ship he would pull on the neighborhood, mister Baxter or could the actor who is the no I know Jane North was Dennis. But who was the the neighbor in un menace.
Speaker 3: The neighbor Herbert Anderson, Billy Booth. Though he's young, Joseph.
Speaker 1: Kerns, mister Wilson, mister George, mister George Wilson. That's Joseph Kerns.
Speaker 3: Joseph. I know his face. He's been he was in a lot of ship back in his day.
Speaker 1: Well, he's the he's the guy who's constantly trying. He's like the like doctor Bellows was in I Dream a Genie, Right, it's the same kind of thing. Where he's always trying to catch Dennis de Menaz doing something wrong, and in the end he only makes himself look like an idiot with whatever happened. In fact, now that I'm saying it, I dream a Genie is just an adaptation from Dennis de Menace because.
Speaker 2: Of course the Honeymooners are is the same thing as Kenan Queen's, like they always copy each other.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's all the show was. And so you love seeing this kid just you know, play forty chests around this idiot neighbor was you know, snooty and in everybody else's business instead of you know, mining his own right.
Speaker 3: But you know, when you think.
Speaker 2: About our childhood, and I think most of us saw these shows because we were we didn't go to school, or were sick whatever, I don't know, Like it was just when people say, let us make America great again, I think we're thinking of those days, the Dennis the Menace, the Donald Reid's the Father Knows Best, which obviously isn't appealing to black people at all, right, But for us, it's like, oh, it's just a nice time in America. We weren't scared, We had our parents around us we loved or fed, but black.
Speaker 3: Folks do not think of that era as oh, that was the greatest thing.
Speaker 1: Well see, they had an adaptation of VT had Darnell the Motherfucker, which was which was just a copy of Dennis.
Speaker 3: The Menace went too far. You can't you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Darnell the Motherfucker didn't didn't get a lot of publicity.
Speaker 3: But a great show.
Speaker 1: Darnell was great. Who played Darnell. I'm trying to remember who played darn I think it was Eddie Griffin. It might have been Eddie.
Speaker 3: Greatest, completely angry and mean. But you know, the older I get, I see these I listened to people, and.
Speaker 2: You know who our best philosophers are, Mark Twain's are are are comics.
Speaker 3: They really are. And I'm so proud to be a part of the podcasting community.
Speaker 2: Even though there's a ton of comics who have gigantic shows, they are really sending out the word to people in America.
Speaker 3: Really like, just listen to podcasts, fu TV.
Speaker 2: Comics are leading the way in terms of how we should interact with each other and not worry about this and let that slide.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? It really is like Bill Burr as much as I don't like him, he's a Mark Twain, you know, so is Dave Chappelle. I love, I mind first being driven by his black militant wife, if you ask me.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why I don't want to stand.
Speaker 2: You know, he's changed, He's changed. But yeah, Chappelle, and you know Joe Rogan, I've.
Speaker 1: Never seen Shoals is hysterical. I mean a lot of these guys are.
Speaker 3: Shoals came out to me. It came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: And he's really good. Uh what's his name? What the stupid last name? It's Italian but it's hard to pronounce.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know you guy's great, very dry, not dirty. Yeah, snl twice. And there's a lot of great comics.
Speaker 1: And I think the scales who you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm not Nate Bargatzi.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I don't. I don't get him.
Speaker 2: Really very dry and not dirty, but he hit hits the spot. Sebastian Maniscalco hits our Italian bone.
Speaker 3: He's the best. But it's just I'm so happy that comics are now the people like I'm friends with Jay Moore.
Speaker 1: Who has been a great, very funny guy.
Speaker 3: Fucking great guy who went down to drug addiction and drinking.
Speaker 2: He finally cleaned his ass up and he's back on his podcast now after like two thousand days of being away.
Speaker 3: And you know, he's just very smart and astute and funny. And I mean that's what we need. We need people like that.
Speaker 1: Well and and cancel culture got took a bunch of them and scared everybody else into zipping their lip. And you know, we went through a five year stint where there wasn't such a thing as comedy. It's it's crazy. Who's Who's your your all time favorite comic comic? Yeah, like if you didn't see stand up from anybody from any era.
Speaker 2: I think I laughed the most with Eddie Murphy. And I'm not taking away from Chappelle because he makes me think. Carlin was the first album I picked up and listened to. George Carlin. Steve Martin was another album we had, But I think Eddie Murphy really made me go goalistic when he talked about you know, all different things, especially the Italian and the Rocky movies and Eddie, Eddie was Eddie was such a superstar with this with the leather suit.
Speaker 1: I mean he was a movie. Yeah, yeah, I mean this was a movie.
Speaker 2: And I met I met him when I was first divorced in ninety ninety one, going to nightclubs in Long Island, and he had his brother, Charlie and a few bodyguards and he had like a leopard skin whether suit on.
Speaker 3: It was like, fuck, Eddie Murphy's here. To me, he was the ship.
Speaker 2: And the fact that he's not going to stand up, it's so weird to me because he was so great at it. But I'd put him up there as my top, my tippy top guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's definitely right there. I'd love Dennis Miller. Dennis Miller, I love him in his heyday. I mean he could he could go on a rant. It could, It could last, you know, five minutes, fifteen sub references, and just I mean he'd stop you didn't you bet? You know, you couldn't stop laughing because you'll be wrapping one laugh into the next, into the next.
Speaker 3: And he would get personal.
Speaker 2: I know, Dennis, and I told his story on the podcast that many years ago when he had his HBO show, he made fun of me in his monologue because I had my show and I was in the Zeitgeist, and he made fun of me for not getting hair plugs.
Speaker 3: And I looked at my friend and I said could I said to my friend, do you understand what's going on? He's making fun of me on his show. We were flipped out.
Speaker 2: And then I got to do his podcast twenty five years later, and he was so great to me. And then when I was going through my my, my me, my Lola and the separation, you know, called me every few days Dennis fucking Miller did.
Speaker 1: He really never told me that.
Speaker 3: Check on me, how you doing? You know? He would give me advice.
Speaker 2: And Andrew Dice Clay was another one who would think those guys would say, okay, you all.
Speaker 3: Right, what do you need? What can I do? You know what I mean? But Miller great, What a fucking great dude, great dude. We were the fact that he's not making comedy anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's doing much of much of it. He is doing the pot again because I know he's not.
Speaker 3: He's not, and it's just he split. He told me, I don't want to gamble. I say the wrong thing. I'm canceled. I don't want This is like four years ago, and he just split.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think he was was in Santa Barbara. I think he moved to Santa Barbara.
Speaker 3: Oh, he sold his house for fucking forty million dollars.
Speaker 2: He's doing fun and him and his wife went to India for like three months.
Speaker 3: I mean, Dennis Miller is having a ball. He made all the money he could with real estate.
Speaker 2: God bless him, but no, he wants no caught of being somebody who comments on society, doesn't.
Speaker 1: I loved it when he convinced I don't know. I guess it was Rune Ralich. I don't know who it was that he sold on putting him in the Monday night football booth. But I love I loved him on Monday night foot. I mean, people didn't didn't know what the hell is he doing there? But I thought it was great. And was it only one season or we get a couple of seas?
Speaker 3: I think it was one. But you know what kind of a closer you have to be to convince them you need me in that booth? What a move? It was great.
Speaker 2: Dennis Miller's got a sense of humor that's so brilliant that you know, he's like a Norm McDonald. You know, there's some guys you just have to let talk and listen to and you go, goddamn, I would never come up with that show.
Speaker 3: Jesus brilliant.
Speaker 1: Bring did a video release. It was Dennis Miller Live from Washington. Oh, I think that Eddie Murphy Raw those are just you and they hold up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you watch them now and you're you're still laughing just as hard as you left whatever thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: There's a reason I you know.
Speaker 2: I told Bill Maher a few weeks ago I saw a comedy special and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, let me know what you think.
Speaker 2: I said, Bill, when you're on to me, you and Dennis Miller are the Sinatra and Dean Martin of my era, the way you can dissect and just get into this the bullshit about a problem and make a joke about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many people write for Dennis. I know Bill's got writers. But you know, that's the whole thing about comics. We don't even know.
Speaker 2: What they're saying is from them or they're writers. But Bill and Dennis sell it to a degree that no other comics really do. They really commit to the joke and oh my god, they kill me I listened to Bill and Chris Cuomo on his latest podcast.
Speaker 1: I've seen clips of it. Have you, uh? Have you traded messages with him since he was saw Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, typical Bill is going to be like, you know, he's not going to admit but oh, he really got to me. But he did say, like he said in the press, I don't agree with everything he's done, but there's some shit he's done that I think is great. And if you listen to the podcast, he told Cuomo the fact that you know Trump gave that picture to the Middle Eastern guy and said something happens to one of our guys on this.
Speaker 3: You know that you know he goes, I fucking love that I love.
Speaker 2: And you know, the point is that Bill Maher has gotten to the point where he finally understands why a lot of US men are behind Trump, because he says things like they're not after you, They're after me. I'm between you and disaster. I'm the guy like we want that kind of a shepherd in the world most of us do. We want an alpha male.
Speaker 3: And if you think of all the guys in Washington who cowtown and Trump because why because he smells like a fucking powerful motherfucker.
Speaker 2: You know, if he says I'll fucking bomb your house, I'll kill you, I'll do this. I mean, that gets a response from people. And I love that Bill Maher has come to that understanding that I understand why people are behind him.
Speaker 3: That's all I wanted. I want people to understand and not think there we're nuts.
Speaker 1: Look, it's it's relentless. It's it's Kenny Wood at age fifteen. That's that's what it is. It is is look at him yesterday with the Dodger thing. To get up there and go, yeah, there are a couple of other senators here, but I don't like them, so we're not gonna say just boom. He's fucking around with Matt Matt. Max Munsey shakes his hand and says, wow, you know you're tough guy. Lots of muscle there. When I shake centators congressman's hands, there's nothing but musch there. I love he just it's all it's pure testosterone and just there's a guy that's done nothing to give people ship forever, looks over the top and there's a lot of things that I have that I have trouble with. But he is who he is. There's no apologies for being who he is. He's if anything consistent, it's not. You know, he ain't gonna change for anybody. You gotta get. You gotta kind of admire that no he is.
Speaker 2: You know, the history books will be gone, but the history books will talk about Trump fifty years from now and go, this was a whole different thing in America. This guy came out of no from TV and rule the country. He might even get a third term. It's insane.
Speaker 3: But I remember when I was dating the girl who dated both of us, and she would swear to me after I calmed down because I couldn't take that she fucked him, and she would tell me, you guys are so much alike. You have no idea. He's funny, he's crazy, he's nuts, he's this. And I would go like, I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: And you know what, here we are thirty years later, and I completely understand what she meant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was talking in that private bar below Crypto Dot whatever it's called now instead of Staples and uh uh, And I was talking to Billy Bush, who I knew a little bit because our kids, Our kids went to school for a while and Billy's got a Billy's got a new podcast. Oh yeah, that's uh, I think it's an He was maligned, he got he got fucking murdered for the Trump thing.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: You know you're it's NBC, that's your number one show. The guy says that, you know, there's a hot mike with well what anybody else in his shoes done the same thing that he did or didn't do, and uh, you know, the guy got got annihilated for it.
Speaker 3: But he's a wife left him right then they go through a hood of it.
Speaker 1: She did but or but well, let me tell you he's rebounded because because he he was with a nine point seven in the bar that we uh we talked to, uh talked to. In fact, she took a picture of him and me and me and Andy. It's the there's a private club in in uh that you go that that they've redone because I used to go to it with Andy all the time and it was a tiny little thing. Now it's this huge thing that brought a great food spread, I mean's and we hung around. We hung around and there, in fact I did I got him to sit for fifteen fifteen minutes worth of Sandusky with me. He was blown away. Really, he had no idea And I sent him a bunch of stuff yesterday because I'm I wanted to have Ziggler h on his on the show and uh so I haven't heard that from him yet, but hopefully.
Speaker 3: To get Jay Moore on that I gotta get. I gotta go to the Crypto Club after the show, after the game.
Speaker 1: As Jay a season he's a season ticket married. He married gen Bus. Jye Moore is married to Genie Buss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I did his body when Okay, about six years ago, my podcast just launched and I reached out to him because I'm a fan and my father.
Speaker 1: Was f I kind of remember that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did it. He loved me.
Speaker 2: And as I'm going up the elevator in this condo and Marina del Ray, there's Genie Buss. I know every star, so everybody, I'm like, oh, Jeanie Buss fuck. And we go to the same apartment. She takes his three dogs to babysit because Jay was going somewhere, and I said, is that.
Speaker 3: Is that your girl? Are you a Genie Bus?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, but no one, no one knows, So I do this so many years ago, and they finally married a year or so ago.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jay was fucked up on different.
Speaker 2: Kind of drugs and mostly at a van and he's clean and Jeannie is, uh, she's the best.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they're together. They lived there and that's his wife.
Speaker 1: She married Bob Sugars. He Uh, he had a kid at the same preschool with I think it was Ja with my older son, and so we really didn't get to know each other, but we'd see each other and talk a little bit. But he was a great, really funny.
Speaker 3: That's a funny fucking guy. He's so good.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a New Jersey guy. He's a regular fucking dude and he got and look at you know, he's got a great career.
Speaker 1: But he we should do his show now, I went.
Speaker 3: We're talking. We're back in contact because for a while, you know, I know, Addics, he was gone. It was no getting to him. And now he's back. He started his podcast again.
Speaker 2: He's getting his comic friends on and he's talking about what it was like to go through his ship. And now you know, I'll get on the show eventually, we'll do something together. But yeah, he went through some hell. He's so honest about addiction.
Speaker 3: He's so I just wrote him this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, that the ship you say, you don't know how much that helps people, Like just ad meeting you will always high in every movie, every sketch of asset, like just to going back how far like high in Jerry Maguire High.
Speaker 3: He quit drinking in the nineties, so I don't think he was hard for Jerry Maguire.
Speaker 1: He's like our age, isn't he Yeah around there a little a.
Speaker 3: Couple of years younger, but he he was, you know, made movies and he's.
Speaker 2: Very like honest about I know when I get a movie roll, who Hollywood thinks I am?
Speaker 3: Like I started to see the riding on the wall.
Speaker 2: If you look at my MDB, there's a big gap of when I was hot on the bottom of the A list or top of the B and now I'm voicing a parrot.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't change my life. He's really good at that ship.
Speaker 1: It's a popular parrot. Though, what parent voice did he do?
Speaker 2: Actually, him and Buddy Hackett, which is why we got along because my father was best friends with Buddy Hackett in high school and that's why him, and I struck with a.
Speaker 3: Friendship because Buddy was like his father.
Speaker 2: And you know Buddy Hackett's elephant on his lawn on well, he used to live in Sunset Boulevard was called al my father's name.
Speaker 3: He loved my father. So Jay was like, I got to know more about this and we got together. But yeah, he was very high, but I didn't I knew back then he was a Genie buss and I didn't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: But oh, yeah, that's you can probably get you in that bar.
Speaker 3: And he said he did not know about Lebron and then Anthony adb and trade.
Speaker 2: He said, I had no idea. I would never have done that trade. They was done behind Jay Moore's back, just so you know, businesses.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't have taken Luca for Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: Hey at the time, he thought like I don't want to get rid of a you know, he just didn't think it was the right thing.
Speaker 1: By the way, I got nothing better than hearing Luca in his Slovenian voice yelling motherfucker at the refs and everything the other night. It's very, very very funny to hear.
Speaker 3: Did you see Lebron fall? Too many times? And sake me.
Speaker 1: In fact, one of the times he fell was right by us.
Speaker 3: So ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And he and Andy are somewhat front I mean, you might remember that he came to the game that night my son played against Bronni and everything else, and Andy was over with Lebron most of the time. So they know each other well enough. And so there were a couple of times during the game because Lebron when he was come out of the game would come sit at the end of the bench, which was literally like ten feet from where I was, and so they're making eye contact and and everything.
Speaker 3: But those are flops, man, those flops are awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't do one of those where he stayed on the ground for a long time during during during this game. You didn't need to they were playing the Pelicans. He didn't have to do anything like that. Bid and Zion didn't play, and c J. McCom didn't play. I mean, they had nobody. But but it's so you know that that's it's so awesome to have a great friend like that who has access to this stuff, who loves to share it with you. Because to me, I'm in heaven going there just sitting in one of those seats watching how the inner sanctum of you know, Hollywood behaves at this stuff and in that bar, that's all it is is all of those people and energy.
Speaker 2: You don't have the energy for that anymore. Could you even have the energy to intermingle with all the people at the bar and you do that thing we did at thirty five years old, I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what when you went Andy is kind of like, uh, you know, he's he's so respect He's one of these guys where now And I've known him long enough to where I was with him when he was doing this to other people. But now it's like they have to come by and hey, not paon is the wrong thing, but it's it's hey, Andy's here, I need to stop by and say hi. And so you had this rotation of people coming through, and you know he just got land Man next season. So Andy's and Landman no way. Yeah, Well you see him in the you see him in the finale of season one.
Speaker 3: I don't really remember when.
Speaker 1: So they foreshadow it first in the first episode where where uh Billy Bob gets the bag put over his head and they and uh, the cartels got him. Well, he's so he's the car, he's the head of the cartel's the.
Speaker 3: To tell Sheridan family Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yes. So we were talking about and that's a perfect big you know, Andy's essentially a political but he's conservative by nature, but he's not but he doesn't get involved in anything. And so, you know, I always thought if if he found his way to share it in that they would be that that that would be a great match.
Speaker 2: And we went out with Andy and he told us a story about he was in Russia and they wanted to Putin wanted to meet him, and Andy was like, I don't even know if I want to do that. Yeah, he was doing a movie or something and word came out that Vladimir Putin wants to meet Sure, you're in Russia, and Andy was like, I don't think I want to do it. This is like probably five years ago. He just didn't want to be anywhere near that whole political thing and Russia and this and that.
Speaker 3: But he turned it down. I never forgot that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's I mean, he's pretty selective about you know, what he does and what he doesn't do, but he you know, shared enough about how hard it is there, especially for young people. Now, what the hell do you break in with? You know, next week it's it'll be Avengers seven and some Disney transadaptation of something else. I mean, there's just there's nobody makes motion pictures now. He's trying to get one made now, which I read the screenplay of A. I loved it. It's a it's a it's a police story, but it it's this guy who mentally is is stuck in the nineteen forties because of a traumatic event, but yet he's living. He's living today, so he's he's solving crimes using his nineteen forties skill set. Its very cool. I think like film noir kind of kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I's going to give that fifteen million to make it?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's the point. Doesn't need doesn't need that kind of money. You know, it'll be a low budget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a producer himself. Unfortunately most of these people do their own movies.
Speaker 1: Well, he's done this before you. I mean you raised the Cuban movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was great as the trumpet player.
Speaker 1: He did that one. He did Hu City Island, which I love is Love City Island. Those are you know, those were pretty low budget independent films that. Yeah, I mean that's what you do now if you're him that and if you know, uh, somebody uh you know, is making a mob movie, he's a go to somebody's if somebody's doing something where they need a drug lord, he's a go to. Yeah, he's it's great niche operates in and yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Well for him, it's worked brilliantly and he's a great actor, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But you know, I got lumped into that whole thing and my mid career with just the AJ just well, we hired you for this role.
Speaker 3: What am I going to just be?
Speaker 2: You be the guy you are, you know, whether you're calling fights for a female and an a league or you're in this movie for two seeds. Just just do your AJ thing And you go, oh, I can do that. But then you get spit out. And Andy's been great and negotiating this, you go, well, okay, I didn't my I did AJ, Like what else can I do? But he's been He's taken that direction from very very important people and made a ton of money out of it. But it's just weird when they just want you to be yourself.
Speaker 1: Look, he's such a great human being that I he He's able to really connect with people up and down. There's no one in that town that has a bad word to say about him, because you could never say a bad word about him. He's so non Hollywood Hollywood. There is a guy that I'm telling you I was in any number of situations over the years with him where if he wanted to be with another it was it was constantly around him with people and not a chance. This guy is his family with a capital F, and that's all that matters to him. Everything else he does, he does for his family. And I mean I love him and respect him to to Death's he's the greatest, But he's you know, you can't, No, there just aren't a lot. There aren't a lot of God think about There's never been a controversy about him ever, because there's because there's nothing controversial.
Speaker 3: Was five years in, I mean at least forty years in. You can't find a bed, I know.
Speaker 1: And so Andy's six years older than me, so so you know he's and he turns is April twelve, his birthday, so he turned sixty nine, So at.
Speaker 3: Least forty something years maybe fifty demanding on when he started. That's not easy. That's not easy to do.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see that what the first one was. I think it might be.
Speaker 3: I just remember Godfather three, that hair and the way he was so handsome and he was.
Speaker 1: Sonny son Untouchables is the movie that Yeah, no, no, no, that's what I meant. That's what That's the movie where people fell in love with That's what I meant.
Speaker 3: That hair.
Speaker 2: He just was such a nice kid, and he was gonna help Sean Connery and it just like we fell in love. And then a Godfather with the hair, and this is my cousin. Oh my god, your Sonny's son. You're already written in to the Lord, we love you.
Speaker 1: And he got written in a lot of a lot of great movies.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, do you not understand The Godfather?
Speaker 2: When when Sonny Corleone, during the first scene in the wedding is banging that girl upstairs against the wall, that's his mother.
Speaker 3: That's how That's how Andrew see.
Speaker 2: His character was made Right there, Sonny's banging that girl against the door while his wife is going, come out, where are you going? And she's breaking about as big as cock is. He's banging his chick and that's Andy's character. That's that's Italian lore, your Gold Forever.
Speaker 1: That was his only nomination, and he's made a lot of great movies, but that was his nominees won a Grammy or maybe a few several Grammys.
Speaker 3: I think Sandoval. Sandoval is the name of the guy that the trumpet player.
Speaker 1: I know, he's a chow is a guy he uh that he modeled a lot. Yeah, idolized as a musician, but he still plays. He to me, he's got a gig coming up. He plays a different jazz clubs in Hollywood all the time, gets his band together and just goes out, no plays for a night or two and loves.
Speaker 2: People don't understand. And I'm not going to stick up for every celebrity in Hollywood, but a lot of these guys are so fucking creative outside of acting.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're in bands, Yeah they do this and that.
Speaker 2: There are so many multi talented creative people who we just think are just actors.
Speaker 3: No, they got a lot of they got the hands and everything, and many's no different.
Speaker 2: The fact that he can you know, uh, what's his name, Jared Leto or so many have bands and they played a thousands of people.
Speaker 3: Johnny Depp, I mean, you know, just.
Speaker 1: Sit at the piano all night and play. And no, he's he's incredibly talented, but he's also ah, not a guy that seeks attention. He's a modest he's a foreigner. I mean he's now a grandfather and loving that in a in a huge way. I just think you know a ton of him personally. And you know, our kids, Our kids grew up together, and we coached to Luca Baseball together and I mean so many, so many great memory of doing that.
Speaker 2: And that's that's what guys like that want more than anything. They don't want you to know about their films. They love that we coach the same team and.
Speaker 3: Our kids did this and the Home Run story, and we're all the same fucking people. We're just you know, some of us are lucky enough to get in show biz and make a bunch of money. Great, but inherently we just want our kids to have fun and be good dads.
Speaker 1: And you know just what I do.
Speaker 3: My kids don't know, Like my kids have no idea where the money comes from. Have your kids, dad, like, what do you do? Like how do we afford this? And that they don't.
Speaker 2: Even kids don't care, do they care? Yours are a little older, so maybe they're asking.
Speaker 1: When they get older, they they do, they have more curiosity about it. So, uh, my kids both you know, want to know and do know and understand. When they were growing up, they really didn't. And we were we were like on the very bottom of the economic ladder of our friend group there into Local Lake because you had really well because there were a lot of people there with a lot of money and uh uh so we had a fairly modest house for that neighborhood and uh, you know, nobody cared. I mean, we were just all friends. And uh you know, there were just a bunch of boys born at the same time in that neighborhood that so happened to be born to some pretty famous people, and so we all ended up mixing together. And you know, thankfully we had a great group. Nobody had a nobody had an ego. None of the Hollywood guys from that neighborhood were No they're all they're all great guy, every single one of them. I can't I can't tell you of one that uh that wouldn't you know a great guy that you know, didn't remember your name. That didn't you know I played golf with all of them over the year. I mean it, uh no, very down, very down to earth.
Speaker 2: I remember, you know when I coached a little league and I had you know, Michael Sure who created wrote for SNL and wrote The Office and Parks and Wreck created those shows. And this guy is Brooklyn nine to nine forget how wealthy. And his wife is Regis Philipps's daughter, like wealth everywhere. And one of my kid's fathers was Chris, you know, christer Big and I loved Chris from New York.
Speaker 3: We knew each other for years and wasn't a tick at all.
Speaker 2: It's a totally great parent who wanted the kids to win. And we went undefeated that year, and he threw a party for all of us. But then I get to the party and it's just don't even try to say if you're not liberal. It was like you're no longer invited. I mean, like Chris absolutely stopped talking to me, and he would go the huddle with his phone and you know, just like so entrenched in his son.
Speaker 3: And me and Aju coaching me, will listen to me. You talked to him and then we go to the party, and there was some.
Speaker 2: You know, Bartender's day hearted and the Trump name came up in twenty fifteen and it was like, oh, okay, you're not invited anymore to parties.
Speaker 3: It was just over.
Speaker 1: So I really like a person like, Yeah, I think most of our stuff was like nobody gave a shit about politics in our neighborhood until twenty sixteen. Yeah, and that was that was like the line in the sand of when you found out where people stood, because all of a sudden, Trump came out of nowhere one and everybody was crying in the streets. But you know the year that's I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't Hollywood people, you know, everybody in Hollywood was.
Speaker 1: But I had Roy Disney up the block, who I Love Boy four and Roy Roy had a Trump sign on one side of his yard and his wife had a hild sign that that was one of the great ones. If they did obviously you could guess that marriage did not last. But that's about as much as I saw the of the politicking there at the time. But but but we really didn't. My kids grew up there not having any idea anybody's political affiliation. It's just a shame that now, you know, they still have those stupid signs some of the house.
Speaker 3: My daughter haints Trump. My daughter can't stand him, and I'm like, can I even try to explain? I can't just let it go over ten years. I'll get in to it later.
Speaker 2: You can't stand him because she was brought up in a school and districts and people and teachers, and he's a group.
Speaker 3: He's a rapist of all the things that you think.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's not the doctrination that goes on is And look, I never saw it while it was happening. I learned about it all pretty much retro.
Speaker 3: And uh, how do you do with it?
Speaker 2: You got you got your kids in college. They're not being indoctrinated. Do you get any reports back for them.
Speaker 1: Or well, first of all, my logos TCU. It is a an a political place in uh in Fort Worth, Texas, and there are a lot more conservatives on that campus than there are Uh. You know what's happened in the last Trump has changed the young male demographic. The young male demographic on college campuses is very pro Trump at this point. I know it's very pro Trump, and it's one of the reasons why you don't have all of these harmonious dating couples in colleges when the white girls are all libs, the white guys are all conservatives, and there's you know, there's not a good, a great mesh there.
Speaker 3: Right, So they're not being and it's a shame. But I think it it's changing.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe after all these years of my life, I can't believe Trump is the character that's changing this.
Speaker 3: But I do see a difference in young men and young boys about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think he's changed stuff, but I but I think he is much as powerful as he's changed things. The Democrat politicians are the biggest bunch of idiots who are one hundred percent full of shit, so that if you're somebody like me who doesn't have an affinity for Trump, you you just sit there in the middle of the field as a neutral participant, trying to understand the character of these people. And you see an entire party full of candidates who literally have no convictions, that there is nothing they believe in except winning and power. That's all they believe in, and so they've lost. It's not that Trump has stolen everybody, it's that they've lost people right because of what they've exposed about themselves.
Speaker 3: It's it's horrible. How do you how do you just go, No, was he really shot?
Speaker 2: It could have been the thing reflected off the thing, like you're not even going to give him that that he was almost assassinated.
Speaker 1: Here's here's here's here's just just crazy ripped from the headlines. One one thing. This this stupid situation in Dallas, Frisco, Texas where this uh, this high school football player gets gets shot. The Austin Metcalf.
Speaker 5: Start right, and you know Carmelo with a K Anthony, Well, one hundred and eighty eight thousand dollars gets raised on GoFundMe for Carmelo Anthony, your people posting fake content trying to say that that it was Metcalf, that that un fucking believable. I listen, it's that kind of stuff that just makes it impossible to because it's look, it's the same ship that happened to Sandusky, where it's it's winning at all costs.
Speaker 1: So the the ends justify the means. We believe we're right about this and this and this, and because we believe that we'll we'll do anything there are no rules, so forget about it. Integrity be damn it, will do anything and uh and that's what's lost them a ton of people. I mean, I'm sinner, I'm right.
Speaker 3: Forget I know, and I'll tell you there was a moment and I'm you know, I'm grown.
Speaker 2: There was a moment back and right before Trump ran where I was not really sure, believe it or not, where I would go.
Speaker 3: I would never vote for Hillary, but I wasn't really sure. And we went to Tony.
Speaker 2: Boscher's house and we all sat in the back called the old football team, and everybody was and somebody brought.
Speaker 3: Up who we're voting for.
Speaker 2: I mean, every boy in the backyard, football, basketball, baseball, tough guys, fireman, cops all said Trump.
Speaker 3: And I remember going, you know, what the fuck am I thinking, like.
Speaker 2: These I'm from this, I'm from these people. Why don't I just have the same attitude. It's gotta be Trump, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like it just became.
Speaker 2: It became a thing about there's a working class, tough, fucking people who understand life and tough times, and this is who they think is gonna rescue us. And they sold me that night, I was on the fence.
Speaker 1: It sounds well, And that's the that's that's the big awareness. I mean, for years, as in la I was.
Speaker 3: Detached for twenty something years.
Speaker 1: But also for years, blue collar America voted Democrat. Those all of those people a decade prior you would expect to have voted up Democrats.
Speaker 2: Clinton was great under Clinton. Now we've made a lot of money under Clinton in New York.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: The coalitions are completely different now. And it's one of the things, you know, it's it's crazy again all the lies that get told. But but the lies of the left throwing out this oligarchy bullshit and that everything is for the billionaires.
Speaker 6: The billionaires are all fucking dam Perhaps, I think the policies that are coming down consistently are all about lifting the middle.
Speaker 1: Class back up in this country. It's the eighty eight percent of what was lost in paper value from the stock market over the last two weeks, eighty eight percent of it was the top ten percent, one hundred percent of it was the top forty percent. Sixty percent of the people in this country don't have a dime in the stock market. They're living check paycheck to paycheck to paycheck, trying to cover rent, trying to cover interest on credit cards and everything. I don't know. This is who this guy is speaking to. This is this is who he gives a shit about.
Speaker 2: This is this is why I was always behind him, because I picture myself as a typical regular guy.
Speaker 3: I didn't do everything right, trying to hustle my way through life. Blah blah blah. I don't know the stock market. I never learned it. I don't got money in it. Like, who can I lean to look toward? Listen to? You find someone who taps into your same sense of I'm the guy that's gonna help you.
Speaker 2: These people are full of shit, and you just start to believe it, and I think it's you know, I don't know how long it's gonna last.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I know that he's in some problems right now with the tariffs, but if you understand how tariffs work, he's actually he's actually in a good spot. It's gonna be tough for a little bit, but if it all works out the way he says, it'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Look, my my only my only fear of seventy it's so new. My only fear with what's going on is I I bought you and.
Speaker 3: Assets you have. You guys like you got money everywhere, So for you, it's way different than.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about eggs and guess you know I'm talking about I rais retirement.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I don't, I don't, I don't. I don't look at that. I don't touch that. It's not it's not a focal point. And there's probably less there than you imagine, is there. That's not That's not what I'm looking at. I'm looking at a situation in this country where we for at least three decades, went with a strategy of allowing the rich to get richer and richer and richer and believing that the government will that it's the role of government to take care of they have nots. And what with that created is a system where no one on the bottom, if you will, thinks they can get ahead, and so crime proliferates the taking advantage of the system. So they were all they were taken for granted by the Democrats that they would just always vote for them and uh and that you know, they would just continue to overspend from government to provide whatever different program you want to look at to UH, to to try and take care of people that are lower middle to bottom. Where what this guy is doing, and it's what we would all do as parents, is no, I'm not going to give you something that that sustains a shitty life for you. I'm going to give you the opportunity to achieve the things in life that you can achieve if you put in the work. I'm going to give you the opportunity. I'm going to live up to what King said. I'm going to give you the opportunity to take advantage of the American dream possibilities. But it's on you, it's on me, it's on you. You got to lift yourself up by your own boots. So if we can bring manufacturing jobs back, that would be you know, it's going to take time, but if we could, that's fabulous. The unions are supporting you, aw supporting him. Other unions come around supporting because this is the biggest collective action to try and help the middle class, lower middle class lift themselves up. Policies to help them lift themselves up. That's really what you got here. But losing six trillion of paper value out of the stock market when eighty eight percent of it comes from the top ten percent it didn't matter to anybody.
Speaker 3: It doesn't. It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't matter to anybody.
Speaker 3: We don't care to hear that. It doesn't mean anything to us.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean But if you tell me eggs or a dollar more, that means something to people like me.
Speaker 3: It's just a different thing.
Speaker 1: But what can't happen, though, is you can't inflation. You can't you can't hit another inflationary cycle. You can't have interest rates stay high. This has to be the start of the opposite of that. And if that happens, then Trump's legacy is going to be something way beyond what anybody ever pictured it would be because if he solves that problem for this country, and he brings manufacturing back to the US, and he brings the middle class back, and the economy is strong in the then then forget it. He will he will be the greatest president in history. If that happens, you've got to.
Speaker 2: Put him on rushmore at that point, I mean, if all these things come true, you gotta put them at the view.
Speaker 3: Just have his face on the view every day. Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you can, but I'm uh, I'm I'm rooting for him. But hey, good, good catching up, good doing, and everything is a bitch. Thanks for listening, folks, and we'll talk back at you next week, alrighty