Speaker 1: News Dump. Oh looks like Mac came a rollin', rollin' rollin' into this dump. What up, Mac Durst?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey buddy, Hey pal. It's funny that you just made that reference, because, uh, look at the headlines.
Speaker 1: All right. Coming up this week on news Dump, we have weekend box office number Daphne Keene she to give up her spleen gambits, a live question mark, keep Brollin' Brolin' Brolin Kingpins feeling swampy. This isn't where Batman parked his car. Somehow, Gandalf returned an alien Star Wars Shared Universe, Steve Harvey's here, no abortions for Jurassic World, and Jim Gary stars in the Parent Trap. But before we get to those headlines, News Dump. So Mac, I am having a lovely weekend, a lovely Saturday with the family. We are running errands. We go to home goods. I'm a Maxinista. I'm with my four year old son. He says, Daddy, I want to see the Halloween decorations, as one does, so I say yes and we walk over there. We're looking at all the Halloween decorations and I reach over and pick up a bust of what I assume they're calling sexy Frankenstein. And this motherfucker looks.
Speaker 2: Just like me sitting image.
Speaker 1: It is insane. I was flabbergasted. I'm looking around the store and I'm like, am I some kind of a fucking joke to you people? Am I a clown? This is literally Homer discovering the fish bulb in the Simpsons or a Lane finding the mannequin. I didn't know what to do. I'm like, have they been tracking me as I've been coming into these stores? And then they made this off of my likeness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got to sue someone. I don't know who you're supposed to sue, but you should sue someone.
Speaker 1: Who do I talk to Dwyer?
Speaker 2: It looks exactly like you, except you're You're like dark green, but it's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean they try and snatch it up a little bit. They're you know, I have a mustache. They curl it a little bit, they put the big fake glasses on me, but it's the exact same haircut, is like the same bone structure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you. You do your best to be a cartoon character, and finally there it is. You've you've become, it's become. It's come full circle. You are a cartoon character.
Speaker 1: And this also comes less than a week after I click on a video on YouTube of like, you know, fun things from the nineties, and I click on it and the host of that video looks exactly like me too. Am I not unique?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And you know what, when we started this podcast, I didn't have a mustache, and now I do, so maybe I'm slowly becoming you as well.
Speaker 1: It's the world shaping into a bunch of goose GOOSDMP MAC Weekend box Office Back at the top is Deadpool and Wolverine twenty million bucks this past week and they have won five of their six weeks. I believe it was the Hollywood Reporter who had on Friday they're like Deadpool and Wolverine projected to win box office again because of general lack of trying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's been not the best year in movies, and we've really seen that these last couple.
Speaker 1: So we called that ahead of time, though, we said as soon as this movie came out, where like Alien Romulus might do something for a week, But we had already gotten Inside Out two, we had already gotten Twisters so they gave everything at the beginning of the summer, and August has pretty much has been a wasteland.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you look at my letterboxed, I think I have Dune Part two in Deadpool and Wolverine like clearly as the top two. Yeah, pretty decent gap, and then a bunch of really good movies, solid movies, but there's a staunch drop off after that. There's been a lot of bad movies this year.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a slightly different one. I go Dune to bit of a drop off, Deadpool, Wolverine bit of a drop off, and then everything else. I also just saw I just saw on the cock the Bike Riders, and I'll tell you what I was not prepared for how silly it was. And I mean that in the best way possible. I had really.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed that a couple of weeks ago. How good it was.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell me how silly it was, though.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, yeah you get Jody Comer's accent. And then also Tom Hardy and Austin Butler are like really acting it up in a stilly way.
Speaker 1: But also the reasons like why Hardy formed the biking and like the people that are in the biking. It's like it's just like a bunch of people that were just bored and they just wanted to hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's maybe how things were. I mean, it's based on a true story. It's funny though, Like you have Michael Shannon's in that movie for like, he's great, too awesome.
Speaker 1: Michael Shannon And I know we say a lot about Jesse Plemons making plemonade in and also I don't know what his name doesn't rhyme with anything, So about this conversation.
Speaker 2: And you we went to the same school.
Speaker 1: If you can think of something for Michael Shannon, we'll we'll give him a nod. It either needs to be a literation or rhyme or we're not going to do it. Sure, Sure, let's get back to the bok. The box office Alien Romulus at eleven million bucks, the Ronald Reagan biopic that has Scott Stapp as Frank Sinatra, that made ten million dollars. That was a big surprise. I think forecasted it was under eight. So that did better than expected. Twisters and it ends with us around nine and a half. And all of these movies are looking to be bumped down this week when Beatlejuice. Beatlejuice hits theaters and that is projected to make over one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's mind blowing, honestly, as as two people who really like Beatle Juice. You love Beetlejuice. I don't know what went on that this is tracking so well and people are wanting to see this, But apparently it's to make over one hundred million at the box office this weekend and goo. The early scores are out seventy eight percent on roddy t's of sixty three on Metacritics, so the critics are generally liking it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I've seen for the most part, just like the headlines, I don't really want to read too much into it, but a lot of it is just like it captures some of the magic.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep. So it strikes me based on those two things that this is probably gonna be like eighty percent of the original.
Speaker 1: News dem Daphnei Keane told Empire magazine that she would like to play X twenty three for the rest of her life. She wants to come back to the MCU as the character. Would you right now? Lock her up to a lifetime contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think what a lifetime contract would like would look like in terms of film contracts. And first of all, it's possible. What if she just traded her spleen, you know, Daphne kys.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, we're gonna try this out. I know that this is like five minutes after, but we're gonna start writing headlines reach other and then I'll like, I'll read when Mac writes them, Mack will read when I write them. And that was the first time that we had done that. That's why I was giggling. I wasn't laughing at my own jokes.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So let's let's how old is she, like twenty one, like eighteen to twenty one, and she's in that range.
Speaker 1: She's an attitudes anywhere from eighteen to thirty.
Speaker 2: So let's say a lifetime contract is like those bullshit lifetime supply things, so not really a lifetime contract. Let's say it's forty years. Let's say forty years, and she has to do uh, twenty movies in forty years. That probably would it be like two hundred and fifty million. I was her five hundred million.
Speaker 1: I would tell her, don't do that. That's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Every Marvel movie would be so and so and X twenty three.
Speaker 1: I also do love her as the character, and I do love that character, so I mean, give it to us again. But if I'm her, I'm not sign a lifetime contract.
Speaker 2: It's tough to even really wrap your mind around that news. Damn.
Speaker 1: Speaking of coming back to the MCU, could we see Gambit once again? We got a deleted scene from Deadpool and Wolverine that technically was in the movie. It was on one of the TVA screens in the post credit, but it is Gambit at the end of that compound fight, looking up and seeing marvel sparkle circles.
Speaker 2: I am the Gambit. I don't know if we'll ever see him again, and we talked about this a couple of times now. I don't think we should see him again. I think what we got was absolutely perfect, and I don't think there's ever I don't think we need a Gambit solo movie. I just don't think we need it.
Speaker 1: No, I would like an X Men movie. I don't even I'm not sure if I want him in that X Men movie. I also saw some people on social media being like, hey, you should do Marvel Disney plus like forty five minutes shorts for all of these characters from dead Pool and Wolverine. And I think it's important to know when to stop. And that comes from a podcast that should have stopped years ago.
Speaker 2: I mean seriously, though, part of the magic of that character in that cameo is that it's contained right there, and it will lose some of the mystique. That's some of then that's an x man some of the or actually there was a Reddit threat an Aurora. Isn't that Storm's name hypothesizing? Yeah, that Gambit was actually a mystique because his eyes glue at the end, you dummies, They glue because the sparkle circle was bouncing off his eyes.
Speaker 1: Also, we spoke about this, we need someone with a more slender face, like someone that someone that if you were making a bust of Frankenstein, you would like make their face like, ah, if they want to reach out to me, I could be Gambit.
Speaker 2: I am the goombit the.
Speaker 1: News dump. Oh we got a lantern. Via Jeff Schneider, he said that Josh Brolin has reportedly been offered a role of hal Jordan v rol Of how Jordan in the DCU Lantern series, Mac does that gets you titulated?
Speaker 2: So the only Green Lanterns I know are Hal Jordan and John Stewart, And I don't know much about Green Lantern lore. I don't remember a single thing from that fucking Ryan Reynolds movie. So basically my only real like Green Lantern knowledge is the animated stuff from twenty years ago. But it does seem that Brolan might be a little too old for this role. However, I do know that he's gonna be. I think he ushers in John Stewart in DCU comic Lore. So this is almost like, I guess, for lack of a better term, like a Batman beyond this type of situation where you have the older Batman, younger Batman, older younger Lantern. Josh Brolin's great, so short cast him in everything, but he is maybe a little old.
Speaker 1: But also, do you want him in another superhero movie? Another? I mean, he's already played villain Thanos and anti hero Cable. Do you want him in another.
Speaker 2: Was gonna play a good guy?
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: You gotta finish it, no, I so I it is it is I guess a little fatigue there. But also like I do think James Gunn isn't concerned about what the what the prior roles were for these for these actors. And like I mean, if Robert Donney Jr. Can play Doctor Doom, Josh Brolin can.
Speaker 1: Play are you just gonna start doing that with every single role now? Just saying if Robert Downey Jr. Could do this, why couldn't this person do this?
Speaker 2: If Robert Donney Jr. Can play Doctor Doom, Jim Carrey can play two characters in Sonic three.
Speaker 1: I'd argue he couldn't play one character in Sonic But now we're just splitting a little blue quill hairs news. Uh. Speaking of going between worlds, another possible MCU DCEU double dip, Vincent Denafrio said that he has always wanted to play swamp bang h.
Speaker 2: I am notoriously not the biggest fan of his Kingpin swamp Thing. You could get anyone. You don't need to get a big name guy to do it. But I suppose this is what we're doing these days. I don't know. I guess if he watched to play swamp Thing, sure he might be the only person that watched to play swamp Thing.
Speaker 1: According to the TLDR Comic Book Club, it was either Doc or Friar. I respect one of those guys more than the other. But one of those guys said, this is perfect casting.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So that does that does give us a little bit of hope there if that, if this does come to.
Speaker 1: I just can't think back to which one told us this one.
Speaker 2: So how big of a role does swamp Thing play in the DCU though? Like, is he that important?
Speaker 1: I would imagine that he would play a pretty big role in a swamp thing uh television show or movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with you on that bold statement.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you on that statement. Oh, it's an environment thing like fern Gully Sure news damp Oh Mac. I'm so sorry about this, but they have answered the question that we have been asking ever since finding out the news. Batman the Batman, Robert Pattinson Batinson will not be in the HBO Penguin series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good and bad. I'm glad they told us beforehand, so we weren't sitting around for six or eight episodes waiting.
Speaker 1: I wish they said everything. Could he be in it? Like every week they're like, he might be in this one.
Speaker 2: And I do get from a you know, quote unquote film and storytelling thing here because Patten said said, Matt's films are through the lens of the Batman. So you're high up looking down on the city with Oz the penguin, you're in the city streets, you're in the it's a different experience. And I fully fundamentally get that that just really like this has to be of the highest quality fit for me to really want to watch this show.
Speaker 1: It's HBO.
Speaker 2: It almost feels like every time we're talking about this show, it's like one it's another detriment for the show. But we'll see now.
Speaker 1: I'm super stoked, and he was damp Ian McKellen is gonna return as Gandalf.
Speaker 2: This is stunning. I didn't First of all, I didn't know they were making more Lord of the Rings live action movies. They're developing Lord of the Rings to hunt for Gollum, and they have asked McKellen to return as Gandalf, and that is interesting. I'm I'm I'm here for it. I just don't know is the appetite for these movies still there.
Speaker 1: I'm also not making a joke here. I think he's still rehabbing an injury that he suffered a while ago.
Speaker 2: Simmons as old he is.
Speaker 1: I'm not man like I'm being. I don't know physically if he's able to do any of this stuff anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I don't know. He is fucking old, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: News DAP Brilliant gro Gou s Gordony Weaver confirms that she will star in The Mandalorian in Grogu. I got to meet Grogu for the first time the other day. This is cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty intrigued. We all love Sigourney Weaver. She's obviously been great in the Avatar movies, which sort of gives you, you know, I guess, encouragement that she's going to do great in this new sci fi role. She's It's just that's been her her career. I'm really intrigued because we don't know much or anything really about this movie, what the actual plot of the movie is going to be, because you know, it's felony led. It's filony flushing this out, maybe concluding the story of the Mandalorian Grogu, but you know he's also going to tie it into something to explain something in the Star Wars you know of our so well that that'll be interesting.
Speaker 1: Now, this is revisionist history. But I feel like the easier movie, or the better movie that they could have done is after Luke Skywalker took Grogu. This could have been a movie of the Mandalorian trying to be out on his own and then he needs to go and get Grogu again, and then they're back together by the end of the movie. But they did that in a season of another show.
Speaker 2: I wonder, you know it. I wonder for those who viewed the Mandalorian binge style, like how disappointed they were when Grogu got reunited with Din that quickly, Like it.
Speaker 1: Just I was. I hated it.
Speaker 2: All we wanted was was some more Jedi training type of stuff and to separate Dinn and Grogu for a little bit longer to really hammer that home. And its just it felt like a panic decision because everyone loves the little green guy, so we got to get him back in the mix as quick as possible. It just it felt lazy, is what it felt like.
Speaker 1: And I'm not like the rest of you Star Wars super fans I'm a cool guy. I don't overy to stuff that still pisses me off, like a waste what a waste news damp.
Speaker 2: Act?
Speaker 1: Did we talk this into existence? Did? Did we make this happen? A Steve Harvey biopic is in the works?
Speaker 2: What what story are they going to tell here? I don't I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I'm not watching this movie unless it's written by Kat Williams.
Speaker 2: I watched Steve Harvey to start it too.
Speaker 1: But it has to be written by Kat. I want to.
Speaker 2: Dage Steve Harvey, try to play like a seventeen year old Steve Harvey with his fucking shitty ass frumpness.
Speaker 1: Well, we just I just did the Steve Harvey clip that we put on social media. I'm pretty sure it went viral. And one of the clips that I did is I'm always very turned off by the family feud having Steve Harvey ask questions about himself during the You know, I asked one hundred people and they all want to know about Steve Harvey. But the question was if they made a Steve Harvey movie about Steve Harvey where Steve Harvey couldn't star in the movie, who would be starring as Steve Harvey. He shoved in one hundred Steve Harvey's Yes, I'm in with you. I want Steve Harvey because I also want them to put the flat top wig on him.
Speaker 2: And if it's not Steve Harvey, give me Michael B. Jordan as Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: You know who actually does a great Steve Harvey, Chance the Rapper.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: In an episode of SNL they had him doing Steve Harvey. Of course, Keenan always does Steve Harvey. Make this as satirical as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, make it like the Pharrell bio pick. Give me give me a Lego movie.
Speaker 1: That'd be a good flat top news. Damn got some news on the new Jurassic World movie. It is going to be called Rebirth. It'll be set five years after Dominion. Most of the dinosaurs have died. That's what we've all asked for. We want them released and then we want to see them die. Some have lived, though, and it looks like who has this as the source? Who is this? Uh? Vietnam Shine? Yeah, my time to shine. This guy always puts out rumors on social media that the three primary dinos in the world. I guess they'll be out there trying to catch these som bitches. Is the UH Massasaurus, Thesaurus and the Quatsa Corsius.
Speaker 2: That was pretty excited to hear you say that. The third one, I would say, quittes a coat coatless quotes a coatless coatless.
Speaker 1: Whether they lose their jacket at the bar?
Speaker 2: Which one is that? Is?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Is that? Which one's the flying one?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I know that the Mosasaurus is the underwater fella. I also do like that we have by land, by air, and by sea with the UH. With these three dinosaurs, I'm not sure I'm gonna say the Quatsus Cardias that is the pterodactyl looking motherfucker. And then the why not just call them the spinosaurus is call them spinosaurus? What is this? Yeah, he's gotta spine.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they got Scarjoe maherschel Ali to sign up for this.
Speaker 1: That must want to hear me. I say money, money is the answer.
Speaker 2: I don't listen. We're big Drassic Park guys. I'm one of the bigger Jurassic World fans there is on the planet, and I don't want this. I don't need this. I don't know who's asking for this.
Speaker 1: Do you think the final act of the movie, like the final scene is going to be you know, they're all having a real difficult time, they're about to get eaten, and then out of nowhere, the Tyrannosaurus will return.
Speaker 2: Somehow, Tyrannosaur return.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't get excited about these movies anymore. I keep getting done. I keep seeing trailers every time for when they have a new movie, and I'm like, you know what, this one's gonna be good, and then it ends up not being good.
Speaker 2: You know what they needed to do and it's too late to do it now? Is Jurassic World but a quiet place? The medium there that that would have been an awesome Jurassic Park movie, and it's it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: And also, don't do a bug movie this time. We don't need bugs in this one. Sure he was down. And finally we got a trailer for Sonic three. We got our first look at Shadow, who will be playing or played by Keanu Reeves, who also just turned sixty. He looks great, unbelievable. Yeah, Shadow, So I don't know anything about these characters. Shadow has guns, is that what?
Speaker 2: I think Shadow has tech? I don't think his guns, but he has some. He's like he's like a supercharged Sonic with tech. I think he's like a genetically.
Speaker 1: He's a clone, right, I don't know if he's.
Speaker 2: A clone or not. I don't really I don't know much either, But he's basically a souped up Sonic with some tech on top of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so me knowing anything about these characters is like I'm reading through an article and just picking up certain words. Is he created by Robotnik's dad?
Speaker 2: Oh maybe that maybe might be the connection here. I don't I don't remember he's I think he might have crashed land on Earth or something and they've kept him on ice. I don't know. I'm not sure. I am. So the second Sonic movie I thought was a lot better than the first, and this one, this one introducing even more characters and being more video gamey or comic booky, however you want to call it. Less less with the human stuff is promising. I just want to have a nice little fun popcorn movie for this.
Speaker 1: E Yeah no, no, So, like I don't really understand beyond Sonic entails what's going on, But if you're gonna do the fun video game stuff that they had midway through the second one on, I'll watch this. I'll have some fun with it.
Speaker 2: And of course Goo. In this trailer we get Jim Carrey playing Robotnik and also his own father.
Speaker 1: It looks like yeah, and this is right after Jim Carrey so that he was retiring from acting. So he's like psych twice not not not?
Speaker 2: Do you think they signed him to a lifetime contract.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm gonna die evenge as soon. Anyways, I might as well do a lifetime.
Speaker 2: He's just doing these for fun because there's no one on set that's gonna tell him what to do.
Speaker 1: And then he just no one is telling him what to do. He is allowed to do. He can Jim carry it up as much as he can.
Speaker 2: Just imagine coming out of the trailer, like eating a muffin and they're like, Jim, it doesn't call for a muffin in this scene. He goes, I don't care.
Speaker 1: No. They go, Jim, no muffet in the scene, and he goes, hurry, that's what Jim carry would do. Just let him start talking out of his butt again. Why not?
Speaker 2: He always he's always a better. It's a great episode of Curb. One of the characters can only act good while she's eating food in a scene.
Speaker 1: There was, there was There was one day I got a real good laugh at work. Someone said, oh, so and so called, but they were talking out of their ass, and I'm like, like Jim Carrey. It took a second for everyone to catch on. Yeah, but then one person laughed and everyone laughed. It was a real highlight of my work life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they talk about that every day now. I remember that time. Goom minutus laugh.
Speaker 1: What's he up to now? Is he dead? No, he signed a lifetime con He's just.
Speaker 2: In that closet, always doing that podcast.
Speaker 1: It's not a closet anymore. I'm in a real fucking podcast studio. Now, I got lights, I have a camera.
Speaker 2: There's no more puppets around you.
Speaker 1: No, they took the puppets away from me. They don't want me around the puppets anymore.
Speaker 2: No, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But to be fair, no one does anything with the puppets. Let me have the puppets.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything to be done with the puppets.
Speaker 1: And then I was told they were like, hey, you know, these puppets are inexpensive. You could probably get Mac and Goo puppets, and I'm like, Mac would not want that, No, sure would. Mac would not like that. We used our funds on puppets are limited podcasting funds on puppets. You did what you bought these magic beans news damp all right. At the end of the week, check us out for Beetlejuice. Beetle Juice. Hopefully I will have.
Speaker 2: Fun, agreed. I would also like to have fun.
Speaker 1: That's real all I want in this movie. I'm not I'm not going into this like it might have been ig again and I'm we're not here to pile on iggin again. But they said something along the lines of like this this movie goes for, you know, the Burton esthetic over having a heart, And I'm like, that's the fucking point of this movie. Stop asking for movies to have heart. Yeah, I don't need movie does it need heart?
Speaker 2: I don't need an emotional story at the core of Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice. I just want more fun in the afterlife.
Speaker 1: That's all I want. And that's that looks like what we're getting. We're getting.
Speaker 2: Willem Dafoe and like to review it through that Lands is so dumb because going into that movie you didn't expect it to have heart, So why would you include that in your review?
Speaker 1: Does the original movie? I guess it has a little bit of heart at the end with Lydia.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I kinda. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like, come then you wanna go?
Speaker 2: I was one of the best. I think it was. I don't remember if it was Stuart Scott or that did Jake the loone? They like, come man, you want to alone?
Speaker 1: That's gotta be Chris Berman. We should just do Let's let's do a Chris Berman pod soon we can do. I would say top that's a good one. I would say top ten bermanisms, but there's there's too many, and like even just off the top of my head, Albert Winnie the pooholz CCE, I was taking Sabathia.
Speaker 2: I used to love watching the Highlights Sunday Night with Chris Burman.
Speaker 1: And I know that you don't love this game, but NFL two K five had a feature in the game where Chris Berman did highlights. What a fucking great idea.
Speaker 2: That is a great idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe when he dies we'll, we'll, we'll do something with that. Did I just jinx him?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's an all time great, an all time great broadcaster, by the way, that's for sure. Yeah, So check us out at the end of the week, News down