Speaker 1: And Hi, how are you welcome? Welcome to the Big Podcast. Is Thursday. Today is the second day of October, year of our Lord, twenty twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan. So a fairly busy day to day. We've got I know, I know, I know, I know, I know. I can't keep talking about the shutdown. And it's their fault. It's not my fault, it's their fault. And so that's what the politicians are pointing the finger at each other. We'll dig into it. It's getting to be there's actually some focus on that I think makes more sense. We'll talk a little bit about it today being Thursday. Tomorrow is the first Friday of the month, and we're not going to get the jobs report out, but we've got some information about the state of the labor market in our country. Tragedy in Manchester, England on Yam Kapor today is the holiest day of the Jewish calendar, and mad man drove his car into a crowd that was assembled for at one of the synagogues in Manchester in the suburbs. There two dead, four injured. Drove into the crowd then got out of the car. And remember England doesn't you know, they're very tight on guns. So what did he do. He started he had a big long knife and started stabbing anybody and everybody he could stab. So violence is not just here sadly in the US.
Speaker 2: So uh oh.
Speaker 1: And speaking of violence, the mayor of Memphis, we've got some comments from him, We've got some comments from Portland. We've got some comments about the guy running for mayor, yes or on Mondani in New York City. But I want, I want to start with something that I just I thought. I thought i'd start with this so I can get you kind of thinking about it, and that is have you heard about Kamala Harris's book tour. I'm telling you her book sales are to the moon. She is doing great. I mean, I don't know how to say it any better, but I mean this is she's she's and she's on a tour. But so far, Simon and said that her book One hundred seven Days, about her campaign. Simon and Schuster said that as of the first week of it being on sale, they have sold three hundred and fifty thousand copies. Now to make the New York Times Best Selling List, you have to sell at least twenty five thousand. She is in one week already sold three hundred and fifty thousand copies of her book one hundred and seven days. It puts it on track to be this year's top selling memoir. Only three people have exceeded that in modern history. That would be Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, and Prince Harry in that the last time they got anywhere near that that was back in twenty twenty three. So it's a great seller, I'll tell you that. And it's all about her trip down politics Lane during the campaign for president in twenty twenty four. So some of the Democrats not not all that thrilled with this. Josh Shapiro, the governor of Pennsylvania. She trashes him, saying something to the effect of he would not do well as a vice president because he would try to push to be number one. She talked about Pete Buddha Judge. She liked Pete Budha Judge, but he was gay, and I thought, wait a minute, I thought, you when it came to hiring you, don't dare say I'm not hiring you because you're gay. That's illegal. But she said, oh no, I didn't want to hire him. To be the number two because he's gay and Newsom this is a this is a crackup. So she finds out that Joe finally said okay, okay, okay, I'm throwing the talent. I'm gonna not run. And so she got on the phone and started calling good for her, but but you know, Dillon for dollars she was. She called all the major Democrats she could think of and said, support me, support me, support me. I want you, I want your endorsement. And she called all these people, and she called Gavin Newsom and he did not return to that answer and did not return her call. He sent her a text message one word hiking. So no, he wasn't going to return her call. And so she didn't like that, and so she put that in her book. But anyway, the question is, is she throwing Democrats under the bus because she's just thick of politics and that's it, this is her swan song.
Speaker 3: Or is she.
Speaker 1: Doing this to push them out of the way because you know that they're all going to be on the same debate stage. You know they are come twenty twenty seven when they're running for twenty twenty eight, when they're running for president, next time around. So I'm looking at this and I'm thinking she's going to look at these book sales and she's going to translate that to I've got a lot of support. The people love me, they really love me. Why then I'm going to run. And she's a terrible candidate, just terrible. First time she ran, she was the first one to drop out because nobody gave her the time of day. And then she got into the word salad thing, which but Joe Biden needed a black female to be his running mate, and I think there's another whole story there about how he selected her. But in any case, the part of the book that probably gets the most attention is where she threw Joe Biden under the bus, and she said that she wrote that, in hindsight, refraining from pushing him to drop out of the presidential race earlier was reckless. So she threw the whold armed party and said, how dare how did you not get him out sooner? And then on the view she said, this is just last week. She said, it's a good relationship with Joe, and it's the relationshipship that's based on mutual respect, having been in the trenches together in admiration and it's sincere, so who knows how she really feels about all. Listen, I'm sure the book publisher, Simon and Schuster, like any good book editor, is gonna want juicy stuff in there to get the book to sell.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: It's selling really well, all right, So that's this part of it. Now she's on this book tour. There are fifteen cities that she is going to. It's just started. I looked at some of the tickets for these for the for the tour. Now, first of all, she's going to make a lot of money from this this book if she's already sold three hundred and fifty thousand, and that's just the first week, so she's going to make a lot of money off of that. Good for her. But the tickets are all over the map, depends upon what city you're in. I was looking in Houston, the tickets are one hundred and seventy two dollars, and you think that's something. In San Francisco, where she used to live, four hundred dollars for a ticket, one ticket to go to see her on her book tour Atlanta. The way the book tour is she she has somebody sit on stage with her and basically ask her pre arranged questions. Atlanta four hundred and two dollars for a ticket in oh and they have it. They have no that was that's in the that's in the nosebleed seats, nine hundred and seventy three dollars in Atlanta for a ticket, six hundred seventy six dollars for a ticket in d C for the cheap seats. Then they go up to Asia as one thousand, four hundred seventy nine dollars for a ticket in DC, Chicago one thousand, one hundred and sixty two dollars for a ticket, and in Partland, we'll get to Portland. In Portland one thousand, two hundred and thirty five dollars. So the lady is doing really well. She's making a lot of money. She's going to feel like a star that these uh, these book tours are going I'm going to guess they're going to sell out. And so she'll make a lot of money and she'll have big crowds that will be applauding for her, and she will have pre arranged questions that she will be answering. I I don't know she was this was where did I get this from? Let me see if I can find this. Oh, it came from TikTok. She's all over TikTok. Let me let me play this for you. It's it's classic Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: I have had the experience many people have had or will have had this experience of walking into her room and being the only one that looks like you or has had your life experience. And my request of you is that when you walk in that room, you walk in that room chin up and shoulders back, knowing that we are all in that room with you, and you are not alone, and you carry the voice of so many people who are proud that you are in that room, and expect your voice to be strong.
Speaker 5: I'm all the way. Let's give a warm welcome for Vice President Connor.
Speaker 1: Has Yeah, there you go, give a big hat noe. Listen. I'm not criticizing the lady. I actually think it's amazing success. But that little thing she did didn't that For those of you that are old enough, and for those of you that are not, you'll have to look it up. There was a skit on Saturday Night Live that was deep thought by Jack Handley. Jack Handy I think it was and it was just nonsense like that just said nothing. But man, she is selling books and she's selling out and not stadiums but theaters. So I don't know, is she well. I'll tell you what this says to me. This says that she is more likely than not to run for president in twenty twenty eight. I think this will absolutely solidify it. The question is, are these people buying her books and showing up at her events, especially the book buying, because they're curious or they're giving them to friends? What I In any case, I thought i'd start with a little look back on Kamala Harris. So she's doing just fine. Yeah she is. God bless the lady. The meantime, back to the world of government. We yes day two of the shutdown. I think it's becoming I'm focusing in on the gripe is about this. The Democrats say the Republicans are cutting off healthcare for millions of people, and the Republicans are saying no. During COVID, the Biden administration decided to subsidize Obamacare premiums for people that otherwise could not affect them. They were laid off, lost their jobs. It was COVID country was shut down. So the Biden administration threw trillions of dollars into premiums to help pay the premiums for Obamacare. And that's what in the big beautiful bill that was signed on the fourth of July of this year. That's what the Republicans took out and said that mean was supposed to be temporary for during the COVID era. COVID is pretty much over, so let's take that back out. And that's the one and a half trillion dollars that the Democrats said, no, no, no, you got to leave it in there. We got to spend that money. And the Republicans are saying no. So I think that's what it's coming down to. Mary Catherine Ham, she always has a good succinct view of the world in DC. That's what she has to say about that.
Speaker 6: No. I mean, bless their hearts. They can try to change the definition of clean if they want to, but it's not real. It's obviously true that the House passed a clean continuing resolution, which would have funded the government at current levels for seven weeks. It went to the Senate. The Senate had the chance to pass it with a couple of Democrats peeling off, and those Democrats decided not to because their desire is to dirty up a clean continuing resolution with over a trillion dollars in quote unquote healthcare spending. That is, these expanded Obamacare subsidies from the COVID era. Like many things from the COVID era, the price was high and the results very low. These subsidies go to basically covering the fact that Obamacare's promises were not real and that premiums keep going up, and that they need to say, oh, we've got more people covered. So what do they do. They throw a bunch of money at the problem. They increase cost costs for everybody else, and premiums go up more. They allow fraudulent and non income verified and non citizen status verified people to enroll, to double enroll. These are bad practices. This makes the problem worse. But they are very excited about spending money, and they're very excited about covering up the fact that Obamacare didn't do what they promised it would do, so they want to do it with your money. And Republicans are like.
Speaker 2: No, yeah.
Speaker 1: Republicans are saying, no, we took that out of the of the federal spending back in the big beautiful bill, and so now the question becomes, what are some key dates going forward? So we're day two into this, there's a couple of them. One of them is the employees. Federal employees got paid at the end of September Sepcember thirtieth, So what was that. That was two days ago and they got their paycheck and then they're supposed to have another one coming October fifteenth. So if they don't have the thing settled by October fifteenth, there's going to be a whole bunch of federal employees. They're going to be very unhappy about the fact that they don't get their paycheck. Another part of this is, and we'll get into this, but the unemployment reports are based upon one particular week of the month. They don't that's why they're able to give it out on the first Friday of the month. They're not going to do it this time. But the next reportable week is the week of October seventeenth, So the seventeenth is going to be critical for getting data for the FED, for you name it. So the middle of the month is when some of this might actually not go over to well. Scott Bestn't the Treasury secretary. He was talking about this this morning.
Speaker 3: What they are asking for. They're asking for one point five trillion increase in spending, and let's just go back, that would be almost as big as the ill fated IRA, which caused the worst inflation in half a century. So they want to put this inflationary impulse into President Trump's already strong economy. The economy is growing at three point eight percent. We don't need one point five trillion pumped in. The Democrats seem to love inflation.
Speaker 1: He used a little angular the IRA. That was the Inflation Reduction Act, which was a poorly worded bill, but it spent trillions of dollars. That's what he was referring to. Austin Goolsby, the president of Chicago FED, always a level headed guy. He has these thoughts about the shut.
Speaker 7: On the economy. It sort of depends how long it lasts and how widespread it is. You know, it's every shutdown. It's kind of like they say of dysfunctional families. You know, every shutdown is different. But if you look in the past, the overall impact from shorter and narrower shutdowns, they have a human impact on the people directly affected, but their impact on the overall economy is not as big it was, partly because the federal workforce is a little less than two percent of workers, so and it's not all federal workers. So I think the immediate impact is going to be felt most directly by folks who who have their pay frozen. And until the shutdown adds, it's certainly not convenient for the FED trying to sort out interest rates. Though I'm not meaning to make light. We're we're not the We're not the biggest sufferers from this, but we fly blind. Like Mohammad al Aarian said at the Chicago FED, we have developed recently Chicago Fed Labor Market indicators that take eleven different pieces of information, some from the private sector, some from these official statistics to get a real time forecast of what the unemployment rate is going to be. If we don't get the official unemployment rate, we're going to go off of what the data we have. We released it today. It suggests that the unemployment rate was unchanged for this month from last month. Get steady, you know, I think it's it indicates some steadiness in the labor market, and I think the underlying economy is still growing pretty solidly.
Speaker 1: So his ndswer is, like a lot of people, it makes sense. Depends on how long this lasts, but it doesn't have a big impact on the economy, at least short term. So another question is are Democrats starting to buzz in the back rooms about the fact that maybe there's some way to make a deal with the Republican Shelley more Capudo, she's a Republican senator from West Virginia. She thinks there's some movement behind scenes, behind the scenes with the Democrats.
Speaker 5: They're looking for a way. They're still obviously very much invested in having this tide to the premium support discussion, but at the same time they realize how damaging a government shutdown is to the federal workers, to anybody who needs services or troops, etc. And so I think they are trying to find a way out, and I think they've been led by Senator Schumer into a place that's almost an impossibility to get a satisfactory result for them. So I'm hoping they see the only way to negotiate and begin to talk about the things they want to talk about is to reopen the government, and then everything's back on the table, including appropriations. No, I have no buyer's remorse on the One Big Beautiful Bill, and I'm not going to relabel it either. I'm going to keep calling it the one Big Beautiful Bill because of what it does for working families, taxes, businesses, the certainty that it brings. On the other hand, in terms of healthcare, I think this covid era expansion that the Democrats put into effect needs to be rained back in. There's a lot of fraud and abuse in here, in terms of people double signing up, people who don't even know that they have plans and their you know, the insurance companies are getting paid for them. They don't even access the benefit. We've uncovered a lot of that. That's where the discussion needs to begin. This will not go through with a full extension of life as it is if if we get to the point where we're actually negotiating on this. But here's the kicker for me. How easy is it to reopen the government. It's a simple seven week reopen. Then we get to the discussions, because the best way to solve a lot of these problems is a regular appropriations process where we're setting priorities we're shutting down programs creating new ones that might serve better. This is the direction we should be going, rather than arguing on whose fault is this and why is this happening? We know why it's happening. Chuck Schumer and the Democrats have decided to shut the government down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Republicans keep mentioning Schumer, and the reason for it is the Democrats are so unhappy with Schumer. The last time he cave and did something to work a long waiting he just went along with working out a deal with the Republicans and the Democrats excoriated him. How dare he do that? So he is gunshy about trying to work in any way possible with Republicans. And there's a lot of Democrats that they do not like Donald Trump so much that he better not try and do anything that makes him look like he's working with Donald Trump. So this could be a while because those feelings are deep and Schumer knows it.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Also in the world of politics is the mayor's race in New York City and Zoron, ma'am Donnie is the guy to beat at this point. He was on the view yesterday and was asked about the fact that he used to say defund the police, but he has walked that back lately, but he was asked about it anyway. Here's his answer.
Speaker 8: Back in twenty twenty, you called for defunding the police, something you've since walked back. How can New Yorkers trust you and not not be concerned that consultants are getting in your ear to get you elected, but you still hold all of those possessions.
Speaker 2: Well, they can rest assured that it isn't consultants. And I think this is another part of to be a young person looking to lead, is also to leave the opening for growth and understand.
Speaker 8: And can I ask, have you formally apologized to the NYPD?
Speaker 2: These are conversations that I'm having individually with officers, and I've appreciated that because it's through those conversations with rank and file officers that I've learned more about the difficulties of this job.
Speaker 1: So what kind of answer was that? It sounds kind of like a Kamala Harrow's answer. He said nothing. Karl Rov I think also agrees with me on it. Well, it was a non answer, and look, go to his website, go to his plan. There is no effort in there to say we need increased police presence. In fact, he has a Department of Community Safety, and number one thing that it's going to do is expand mental health programs. It's going to have outreach workers in one hundred subway stops, and then we're going to increase the number of transit assistants to quote assist New Yorkers.
Speaker 9: On their journey. And then we're going to have violence interrupters, whatever that is. And then this statement, this is in his platform, jails are not places where people can receive from a mental health can recover from a mental health crisis. So what are we going to do. We're going to do he says, We're going to have one hundred and eight million dollar increase and spending on homeless shelters so that when the mentally ill homeless can be moved out of the jails and moved into safe housing. There is no comment whatsoever about law and order and safety and making certain the New Yorkers are safe from violence, random violence on the streets. Instead, it's a mishmash of do good or mental health blah blah blah blah blah, help New Yorkers on their way with transit ambassadors, whatever the heck. That is taken by the fact that the US Conference of Mayors, which is nonpartisan, but let's face it, most big city mayors or Democrats, had in July report in which they said, we don't want the National Guard, but we do want increased federal assistance on major crimes, on tracing guns and so forth. So their attitude was not, hey, we're out here, not concerned about it. In fact, they said the juvenile crime, violent juvenile crime is a serious or very serious problem. I think it was like seventy percent or eighty percent of the mayor said that. And then I was also taken by the fact that, despite their saying certain things and doing other things, the governors of Maryland, Illinois, and Massachusetts have formed statewide efforts to in essence, surge state resources, law enforcement resources to communities that are having a particularly tough problem with violence. And they're sending state police and backup assistance and sophisticated equipment and crime detection and so forth to these areas that are hit hard by crime. And take the mayor of San Francis, let's talk about a liberal city. They have a new mayor got sworn in, he said we're going to stop these open homeless encampments, We're going to crack down on crime, and his popularity in July, the last poll that was done was seventy three percent in a city that has been traditionally very soft on crime with soft on crime mayors. So that's good news.
Speaker 1: Big city mayors are realizing they got a crime problem. And whether they do it as citizens and whether they do it for political points is for you to judge at the battle box. The problem with what Karl mentioned, I want to go back to this business about mental health. The mental health facilities are basically closed and nobody gets mental health for more than seventy two hours before they have to be released. Insurance companies won't pay for anything more than that. So it's a nationwide problem. And you talk to anybody, any sheriff in this country, they will tell you that the mental health institutions are their jail. That's where there's a lot of mental illness and they're turning people out of jails. And the rest is the problems that you and I see in violence. So speaking of violence, speaking of cities, the President has said that he's going to send national Guard to Memphis, which, by just about any whole measure, you name it, Memphis has by far the highest crime rates, violence, you name it. It's a problem. So the question was to mister mayor in Memphis, his name is Lee Harris. Has he seen the National Guard and isn't making any difference.
Speaker 10: I don't know that we've seen a tangible impact yet, but there are hundreds of law enforcement agencies on the ground here, and you know, we want to cooperate. We want to be supportive of domestic civilian law enforcement agencies, the DEA, the FBI, the TBA, the Tennessee hiw I Patrol, and so forth. I think the problem is the presence of the National Guard. There have been to National Guard sidings, not much. We don't think the National Guard is here in full force yet, but we do have some concerns about the National Guard coming to town because you know, that'll put us all at risk for a variety of reasons. This all started with Donald Trump going on another cable show and promising to send the military, the National Guard, or whoever else he wants to Memphis and Shelby County, to Tennessee communities and to occupy it and so I mean that started a chaos in our community that raised a whole lot of anxiety. After that, the President had a second press conference where he also talked big and calls more chaos in our community. Our governor stood stood by as all this was happening, which was a serious disappointment for many of us. And then from there we haven't had much communication. We've had recently one press conference from the governor, but we don't know how many of these National Guard assets are coming to town. We don't know where they will stationed. The governor said he doesn't know whether or not they'll be carrying arms or not. He said they might be carrying arms, but they might not. And so that's not the kind of transparency that we need when we're talking about something that shouldn't happen in America. Well, I'm not sure it makes any difference over the long term. And the reason why we're at the top of those lists is because we've had a investment from both state and federal partners. So the FBI office under the Biden administration was pulled out of Memphis, the TBI Crime Lab under the governor of Bill Lee administration was pulled out of mephis. The gun violence Intervention funds was cut by President Trump, and right now we're facing a real severe strain in terms of economic opportunity. And we had Pam Bondi. She came to town yesterday and she was about twenty minutes from a town called Stanton, Tennessee, which has been was on their eyes for a moment before inauguration date. And now that town is really in jeopardy of losing the largest development project that our state is ever ever announced. We just had an announcement the same days she was there that companies were pulling out and this is largely because of their separate strategy on tariffs. And so we need the economic opportunity we need. We need a real conversation about guns because the proliferation of guns is a direct consequence of state official action to spread the gospel, so called gospel around guns and communities like ours. And so we've got guns on street corners and in cars and they end up in the criminal stream and that is what is you know, that's that's a major negative impact on our residents. I can only be I think we all should be very very fearful. I mean, just because we are fearful of what may come in America as it is changing dramatically before our eyes. That doesn't stop us from being able to take action, to stand up and resist. And so yeah, I see Donald Trump using the military and unlawful ways to target Venezuelans. I see him making big promises to occupy more cities and you know, very actual American ways and ways that are I guess the Tennessee Constitution, and I am fearful of what he meant do next. But that doesn't mean we can't speak out, that we can't challenge it, that we can't choose a hide. And when I say sides, I'm not talking about partisan size, just talking about the American traditions, the traditions that we all celebrate. It's the freedoms that we all enjoy prior to inauguration Day. I want to go back to that, and that's going to require all of us to do something.
Speaker 1: I found his thoughts fascinating. He talked about you hear this a lot. We need to have conversations about the crime. No, now, you can talk about it if you want, But I mean, this is not about sitting down and having a cup of tea and having a conversation about the fact that the guy in front of you wants to hit you over the ad and steal all your money. And he kept repeating that he was fearful of Donald Trump and what's the National Guard and all he's fearful of the wrong things. What about the fact he is the highest crime rate in the nation in Memphis, Tennessee. He has the highest violent crime rate. In addition, I mean just about anything you want to look at regarding violence and crime, number one is Memphis, Tennessee. And he is he's the term he's fearful of Donald Trump and the National Guard and he wants to have a conversation with somebody about it. So that's that's the lack of leadership that you get in a city. And what is the result. You've got criminals basically running that town. And another city that has just been the capital of violence in Antifa and rioting is Portland, Oregon. It just doesn't stop. They have apparently had one hundred nights of rioting by Antifa. So there was a young lady who I don't know if she's a real journalist. She called herself a journalist, No way. She was beat up by some of the Antifa people as she was trying to cover their demonstrations and riots last night.
Speaker 11: Last night, I got assaulted and I immediately ran to a Portland police officer and said, this is my assault suspect. Three officers just standing there watching me try to hunt down this suspect. And imagine my anger when I go online after doing all of that about an hour ago, and I see Portland Police put out a BOLO asking for the public's help and identifying my assault suspect. The Trump administration needs to start treating Antifa like isis the terrorists that they are and put an end to them here for good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. BOLO is police talk for be on the lookout for. And apparently she thought that she pointed out her assailant and they said they were looking for the assailant. Tiffany Smiley, she was a Senate candidate from the state of Washington. She lives in southern part of the state of Washington, in other words, just outside Portland, and she's familiar with what's going on in that particularity.
Speaker 12: There's a lot of people that feel that way, and unfortunately this has been This is nothing new, It's been going on for a very long time, for years, and what we are seeing, you know, with these Antifa riots in Portland, it's domestic terrorism, plain and simple. They are using intimidation, they're using violence to overthrow our laws and in our peaceful governance. So what we saw there, they're attacking ICE agents, they're dosing ICE agents, They're putting their photos online with their addresses and their phone numbers. They're violently assaulting journalists like what we just saw with Katie, and it has to stop. I think we have to ask a question, is this what decades of failed Democrat leadership gets us? Is this the result of it? And I'm happy to see President Trump sort of pushing back and calling out Antifa and designating them as a domestic terrorist group. That is exactly what they are.
Speaker 1: So Portland, I've remembered it from many years ago. It was a beautiful city, but then they got into this weird era. In fact, they literally had like a city slogan, stay Weird. And what it's done is they there's the people in Portland, our guests think it's cool that they have all of this violence in Antifa showing up every night. Noah Rothman from National Review sees that from Afar.
Speaker 13: She's correct. There's a constituency that not only is so comfortable with this, it seems to regard it as sort of a quaint feature of the Portland urban seen that a certain amount of rioting and violence is not only acceptable, but it suggests that we're all flourishing and the identities that we've chosen for ourselves. You know, you had this in many ways. The riots of twenty twenty, which Mayor Jenny Durkham called the Summer of Love, never stopped, and we've just become accustomed to them. We really don't even see them in national news.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 13: We had the No King's protests, for example, June fifteenth, which were by a marsh peaceful everywhere except in really in Portland, where rioters and black block outfits made a makeshift battering ram and barged their way into an ice facility. Nobody heard about that because it's commonplace. It happens all the time, and there's a certain level of unacceptability that needs to be inculcated in a culture. There was one dialogue liaison officer, a dialogue liaison officer with a Heatlan PD who said issued a memo in May twenty twenty five to everybody saying, listen, we don't want to be the bad guys. Imagine thinking that, Imagine thinking that our biggest threat is that we're going to be perceived as menacing, a hostile to the angry mob that's assaulting our citizens. That's a culture problem.
Speaker 1: Well, the city leaders of Portland seem to have adopted that culture problem. They really have. It's bizarre, and like Noah was saying, they have. Just the fact that the Portland Police Department has a dialogue Leisan Officer in and of itself, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the dialogue Leoisan Officer said they don't want to be the bad guys. Well, the police are not bad guys. They are your friend. They are to round up people that commit crimes against other citizens. Portland's has turned out to be exactly what they said, stay weird, I had family. I have family in the Portland area and they're not weird. And what about normal people that live there, They're just I don't know what they're what they're going to do. I really don't. So today shut down continues. The focus is on the temporary COVID subsidies or Obamacare. Obamacare is not working. It did not achieve what they thought was all this wonderful medical care for everybody in the country. They wanted national healthcare and they never got it, Thank goodness. The mayor of Memphis is afraid of Donald Trump. Not the crime. Portland is just weird culture. And Ma'm donnie is leading in the New York City race and he truly is a socialist. And more than socialism has never worked anywhere has been tried in the world, not for the average citizen, that's for sure. So that's it for today. Let me get the Wall Street numbers in because because the market just keeps marching higher, it wasn't anything to write home about. But the we're setting records every single day. To Dow today up seventy eight now at forty six thouy five nineteen, SMP up just four points to a new record high. NASDAC up eighty eight points. Believe that's a new record high. Gold was down seventeen dollars to thirty eight eighty and the price of oil falling again, down over a dollar to sixty dollars now for one barrel of oil. Thank you for stopping by. We are going to be back again tomorrow and I hope to see you there