Speaker 1: Let's introduce who we have here. President and CEO Stan Caston is here. President of Baseball Ops Andrew Friedman, Executive VP, General manager Brandon Gomes is here. Manager Dave Roberts is here, and the rest of the Los Angeles Dodgers are here, and it's time to present the Commissioner's Trophy. Commissioner, all you on behalf of all of us in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: I want to congratulate the World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. It's not my pleasure and honor to present.
Speaker 1: This trophy to the President the Dodgers, Stan casting Well, we were just talking, Sam. That was a wild ride. What was it like watching this whole postseason and especially this series.
Speaker 3: I mean it was tense every night, every game until the very last out.
Speaker 4: But I tell you what, I know why they call it the.
Speaker 3: World Series, because this is the best feeling in the world.
Speaker 1: Raise that up and enjoy us. Stand congratulations. Let's bring on Andrew Friedman here. And Andrew, you know, the depth of this team was really tested this whole postseason, right, all the injuries you dealt with two during the regular season. The most gratifying thing for you about this whole organization and this team is what I.
Speaker 2: Gotta tell you. The number of fingerprints all over this win from our scouting departments, player development analysts. There's just a number of people who contributed to add to this group, this special group of players that not only competed the way they did, they prepared and what Blake Trying and Walker Bueher did to finish this game out is incredible.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Dave Roberts. Huh, Dave, when you wanted a twenty twenty, you didn't get your parade because of the COVID situation. Well, you said you wanted a parade. You're gonna get your parade. How does that sound?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who wants a parade?
Speaker 3: Bertie? I'm just so first and foremost, I thank god. I think my players they're families, the coaching staff, training staff, ownership, scouting, player development. As Andrew said, the fingerprints on Dodger Nation. This trophy belongs to everybody, Dave.
Speaker 1: This team's so resilient, obviously the incredible winning game one. You're down five to nothing in this game. How unbelievable was it to watch your guys keep fighting back?
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable, you know, We had a great season, went to a lot of adversity, A lot of people counted us out, but every single one of these guys and a lot of people that aren't here with us on this stage made it. Im back, and these guys believed in one another. Even when we were down five nothing, they persevered, kept fighting, and now we're world champion.
Speaker 1: Here you are, Dave. One last one about this game, specifically, big moment. There were so many. But you go out to the mound in the eighth and you talk to Blake trying it and you leave him in the game. Tell us about that conversation and why you left him in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, I just wanted to look in Blake's eyes. Blake's our guy, Blake's been our guy. I just wanted to slow the game down a little bit. I looked in his eyes. I said, how you feeling? How much more you got? He said? I wanted? I trusted him?
Speaker 1: World Champs? How does that sound, Dave?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: My World Champions.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got one more thing to do. Come on over here, Freddie. This is the Willie Mays Most Valuable Player Ward, presented by Chevrolet. Freddie Freeman, It's all yours. After everything that you've gone through this year. How special is this? This whole thing, winning at all the MVP to you?
Speaker 4: This is this is everything.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be here without this. Of everybody in these shirts tonight. It's been a grind these last three months, but this organization, Stan Andrew Brandon, Doced, my teammates, my family, it's it's been it's been a lot, and this is this is it right here?
Speaker 5: Not this that one, that one. That's what it's about. That's what it's about. Freddy, you were in Yeah, there you go. How does she feel?
Speaker 4: She feels good every spring training. This is our goal and for it to come true with this group of guys, I couldn't ask for a better year.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, Freddy you were you were on a heater man. You tied a world series record with twelve MVP. Twelve RBIs in this series, every time you step to the plate, we feel like you were gonna do something big and you did. What was it like to be in that zone?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Twelve RBIs That means there's a lot of my teammates on base. Heck of a job by everyone in this series. Uh, just I'm glad I was able to get hot at the right time.
Speaker 1: All right, tonight, tell us how you did it. You're down five nothing after Mookie Bets beats that single out in the infield, right, you come up, tell me what you're thinking there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think we are all saying it the first three endings. Let's just get one, just chip away. We can do this when once, uh, there's a couple of mistakes that happened, and when you got to capitalize. I gave us some extra outs and we were able to do that. Mooki putting in play, hustling down line, getting the hit Tao big two run double.
Speaker 1: Tide the game.
Speaker 4: I think we got to get Dacas Flowers ending in a third and he and he covered that in that game with our bullpen. Our bullpen did an incredible job. This is this is awesome.
Speaker 1: This is Freddie Freeman, MVP World Series Champion. Ladies and gentlemen, Ladies and gentlemen, you're world champion Los Angeles does Or's everyone, let's hear it for him.