Speaker 1: All right, so thank you? Wouldie appreciate that? Well, it's green, the color green. Speaking of colors, I am buying my wife a new car. I've already purchased it for her.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now we've been together for thirty two years, and this is the she said this the other night, she goes, you know, this is the first time I've ever gotten a different vehicle that I haven't seen until I receive it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's pretty scary too, Okay, So why because, I mean, you're the one driving that car every single day. You're gonna want certain specific things in that car, and so to just fully trust someone else, I mean, if you're paying for it, that's cool, I'll take it, But there are there are little things I don't want.
Speaker 1: Just to reset, I am the one who makes all the money, that's right. She makes no money, and you run the household. Well she runs, she does every other thing, but I make all the money that enables her to fulfill her dream of running the household, her dream job. Yes, yes, yep, So I am very that this is like a perfect storm, this scenario. So, first of all, prosper Ford is our partner and they're awesome, So they make mine cars super easy. So I went out to prosper Ford on Friday night and all this happened is my wife has recently been hinting that she may like a different vehicle. Okay, so she had a Ford Bronco Sport, you know, the smaller one. Yeah, And she was like, you know, and she's she is the like I could give my wife a thousand dollars and say go on a shopping spree, treat yourself. She'd come back with a thousand dollars. She doesn't spend money in herself ever for any reason. Like she is very frugal, smart with her money.
Speaker 2: I'm the exact opposite. I bought one.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars with this thousand dollars. Yeah. Yeah, And so you know, if she I was like, if she even hints that she wants something, I'm like, oh my god, this is great. It's a chance for me to get her something. Because she doesn't ever ask for anything, she doesn't want anything. Very careful with money, so I'm like, this is great opportunity. She's acting like she might like to switch out of that Broncos Sport into something else. So over the holidays, I guess a rat or a squirrel got under the hood when we were snowed in and it bit through some of the wires. Okay, And so she had this alarm going off in the car, you know, this light flashing. So she took it into Prosper for their service departments. Incredible, and they immediately were like, yeah, it looks like a rodent maybe in the freeze got under your hood. And so she goes, hey, Prosper word is great. I took my car over there. Here's what it's going to cost to get it fixed. And I was like, okay, great, yeah, just tell them to do it. She goes, or maybe now is a good time to not fix it and trade it in okay, And I go, oh, really, well what do you want? She goes, well, just you know, I've always liked Broncos. So the bigger Bronco John Elway. Yeah, so she used to date John Elway. Ye.
Speaker 2: No, So I'm like, okay to teeth.
Speaker 1: So I went up there, called stew I went up there and I just met Really what I wanted to find out is where is the deal. I'm deal centric, so I don't I'm not looking for a color or a type or anything. Where's the best deal is it to lease, is it to buy?
Speaker 2: Is it to go? Used like, what do you recommend?
Speaker 1: And so they walked me through the process and they I was like, what does she care about in a car? And I'm like this, this, this and this and this. What does she not care about? She's not gonna go mudding up a mountain side. She just needs some four wheel drive thing or whatever now yet.
Speaker 2: And so we were figuring.
Speaker 1: Out, you know, through a process of elimination what And so he's like, Okay, this is the one, I think.
Speaker 2: And so I call my wife like is there a particular color you care about? She goes no.
Speaker 1: I go okay, so you just want a Bronco and she goes, whatever the best deal is. I'm like okay, so like me speaking your lovelingue, yes, And so I was like, get some sausage ready, that's my love language. And so we ended up getting a black one. Okay, so it's a black Bronco and uh, I was like, okay, I you know, I'm in this. It's kind of like a a if you are addicted to shoes. I'm addicted to custom rims and wheels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be all black right, those are shoes. Those are shoes for a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I need some expensive air Force one my Bronco.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think cars look way better with custom rims and tires. And so I'm like, okay, we're going to do a lease. So I'll roll it into the lease. You guys help me pick out some tires and wheels. And I'm like, I'm like, honey, do you want me to make it look tough. She's like, yeah, put whatever you recommend. I love you know, because I put those wheels on her last car. She's like, sure, whatever you want to do. I'm like okay. So I start going through that process and I had them put a different grill on the front of the car too. Oh yeah, nice and looking for a deal. So they were so they were just yeah, so they were so and I did get an incredible deal. Yeah, Like, I'm super stoked about this vehicle for her. You had to put that grin and so she hadn't seen it yet. Oh and he's gonna get it today at five Okay, And I realized if I had purchased this car for me, it's exactly what I would have gotten.
Speaker 2: So she's gonna be driving an Aldi next week. Bronco. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's I'm actually nervous now because i know she's gonna love it. But I'm like, this looks like it was made for me. I'm excited about the new TV show we're pitching the MTV called Pit My Wife's Ride.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be a huge success.
Speaker 1: Anyways, this is our seventh car that the Ben and Skin Show has purchased from Pross.
Speaker 2: They've only been open for two years.
Speaker 1: Dude, we have a set really unlofty or unreachable goals for the future. They're gonna be like six months goes by. So you guys have bought a car, right, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Our whole ad campaign is us buying cars? Join us. We're selling to ourselves.
Speaker 1: But when I get uh, when I get get the car later, I'll get her reaction and maybe I'll record it and we'll play it again on the show next weekend. I will post pictures of this vehicle to see if everybody thinks I did a good.
Speaker 2: Job popping it out. Yeah, I'll get her in the pictures for you, dude.
Speaker 1: Sounds badass, right, Yeah, It's gonna be cool. Yeah, but I did forget to do one thing. Set to play the intro.
Speaker 4: Some time boies.
Speaker 1: Right now, you're ready, ready, right right ready, trying to do one time quick?
Speaker 4: QUI ef it with I show.
Speaker 2: You're gonna ruling it, except you are similar.
Speaker 4: Wee pursuing it, hollowed out shaw shank through the sewer, kid, Now what chilling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a go status. How we're starting to get craddic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit two end zone out, prink it up beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on hang out with a friend, rocking in on the radio, my home boys.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's time to this.
Speaker 1: Oh baby baby goky scene all the radio. So I started watching this new show called It's New to Me. Christina recommended it. It's called Fallout. I think seventeen Emmy nominations, right, yes, And I'm happy to say I.
Speaker 2: Finished it last night. Okay, that's how good it is. So I've binge watched it all in two nights. Is it one season? One season? Okay? And they were like an hour and a half long. Episodes. Yeah there there. I put a lot of work in to get this done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So last night I got home and I'm like, Okay, the MAVs are playing. I'm gonna go support skin. I want to watch him on the pregame show. He'll be doing a halftime show and a postgame show.
Speaker 2: Can of eight. Bro, it's on Channel eight, and I'm looking with Delicas.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, uh, let me go support him and look, I want to keep up with the mask. But this is an automatic loss. They lost by one point to Minnesota. They had seven guys out against Minnesota. It's the second night of a back to back against the best team in the NBA, arguably on the road, second night of back to back. I imagine Kyrie, is he gonna play like he's had a bad back. He's gonna play it back to back like they're gonna they lost to heartbreak. I'm like, there's no way they win this game. But here's what I'm gonna do. I'm just gonna tune in and watch it till they're losing orun til they've blown it, and then I'm gonna I can't watch it anymore. Once they get down fifteen. How are they gonna make that up? Yeah, I'm like, I'm just gonna watch it until it's over. Yeah, even if that's in the first quarter, I get it. So I'm like, oh, they're hanging in. Okay, because you didn't have confidence that Omax would have thirteen in the first half and set a record for free throws his personal record against the best team in the world in the first twenty four minutes. Yes, coming off the bench because they started Kesler Edwards. That didn't give you the confidence that you needed to be.
Speaker 2: The dumber one.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, uh, okay, yeah, Kessler Edwards is playing a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Okay, this is not good. But they're hanging in. They're in. It's one point game at halftime.
Speaker 1: Whe it's pretty close at halftime, and I'm like, okay, I'll probably get to fall out here. Midway through the third, I'm like, no, okay, we're going in the fourth. It's still close. And I'm like, what they.
Speaker 2: Won this game? How in the f did the Mavericks win this game? Did you watch it? Christina? I didn't get I had it on in the background.
Speaker 1: What a hater?
Speaker 3: I heard you talking on? There was like, oh, hey, Skin's on Channel eight, that's cool.
Speaker 2: What a hater.
Speaker 1: She didn't watch the Great mav game, dude, so as that game was going down. And so there's been all these games during the last since Luca got hurt and all these other injuries, there's been all these games. There's really only one game that they weren't in it, and it was the second Denver game when Kyrie came back and just couldn't buy a basket. And so all these other games they've been in it, and you're like, oh, okay, if we can just do this, do this, and then those things don't happen. Now, there's been a few games that they were great. They were great in the Lakers game. Obviously they took care of business against the Thunder when the Thunder didn't have Shay. But things would go wrong, like a good example that Minnesota game. They did everything right except in the fourth quarter, Like they gave up four second chance points through three quarters and then gave up eight in the fourth, and it's like there's just no margin for air when you're down all these guys. You have to play perfect, right, And so things would happen in the game where I'd be like, oh no, is that the tipping point is that? And they And part of the thing that happened is shay Gilges Alexander played it's got to be the worst quarter of basketball he's played in three years, and the third quarter where he just could not buy a bucket. He was missing layups right, And so there was and so the Mavericks had control going into the third despite turnover that drove me crazy. At the end of the quarter, they had control. And then I'm thinking that it was about eight minutes to go.
Speaker 2: They're up ten.
Speaker 1: They're up ten, and Spencer Dinwiddie makes about as perfect a pass as you could throw, and poor Kessler Edwards blows a layup all right, like it's a layup. And when it happened, I turned to Dana and I go, I feel so bad for that kid, because I think something bad's about to happen. And the thunder went on a five zero run in about thirty seconds. Kid called a time out, he took Edwards out, and then they came back and Oklahoma City had the momentum. And that's just one of those things that happens, like when you're running up hill, you can't have something, and I just felt so bad for the kid because the kids played great, and I'll be And then Gafford got his fifth foul, and I'll be damn if they didn't just fight through it. And the moment that you felt like, oh my god, they're gonna win this game. Gafford had his fifth foul. So Max he's playing center. I don't know, there's like three minutes to go. Maybe I can't remember the exact time. Maxi fights like hell for an offensive rebound, knocks it out to Dinwiddy, runs to the corner. Dinwidy throws it to him and he swishes a three, his only bucket of the game, and then they get a stop it. On the next play, Spencer Dinwiddie, who played his best game in since the last time he was a Maverick a couple of years ago, had a Tomahawk dunk in traffic and it was a five point swing, and you went, I'll be damn.
Speaker 2: They're gonna win this game, aren't they? Holy Yes?
Speaker 1: And then even still, what about that play Caruso just dropped the ball with three seconds to go and he had a layup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was a great win.
Speaker 1: Uh And and it's it's a it's a glorious win because you guys realize the Thunder have only lost on the second night of back to backs twice, both times to the Mavericks. They have only lost three games in that building, two of them to the Mavericks. They had a twelve game home winning streak that the Mavericks snap since the last time the Mavericks beat him in that building. Was we spent this time on poor spacing, Ben talking about rivalries. Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that really starts turning something into a rival Yeah, and the Thunder has to be They've got to be scratching their heads, going, how are we losing to the Mavericks when they're missing most of their guys? Yeah, MAVs are beating him without Luca and lou Dort is the dirtiest player in the NBA. He punched Gafford or kind of grabbed him in the sack. Yeah, it was a weird thing. He got tossed out of the game, like that is a dirty, dirty player, and that is a dirty lou Dort play.
Speaker 2: That's just how he rolls. But I think that was a big moment.
Speaker 1: I'm huge thing, you know, but you look at PJ. I agree with you. I thought that should have been his twentieth rebound. Yeah, and I'm starting to reevaluate PJ. Going, Man do I have I don't have a high enough ceiling on how good he is, Like he is so freaking good, Like maybe he's better than I even imagined. That was just a Dinwoody was awesome, PJ was awesome, Kai was awesome, and Maxie and Grimes had big moments and Gafford did his thing.
Speaker 2: But man, it was a win I never expected in a million years.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the day that we traded for Gafford and PJ And we're doing all that coverage and you said, so is PJ their third best player? And I was like, yeah, by default, I think he is, But I wasn't sure because you just don't know. When you're watching a guy play in a crappy situation. He may look better than he is, he may look worse than he really is. And the thing about PJ is he is committed to being part of a winning team and doing whatever it takes. So if he's got to go get twenty and twenty, he'll do that. If he has to cover the best player. He'll do that. If you need me to get ten points and three blocks and two steeles tonight, I'll do that.
Speaker 2: He is a winning.
Speaker 1: Player, no doubt. And it's awesome, no doubt. He had me wondering, can this guy be an all start somebody? Obviously the roster's two loaded, but I mean be hard. But he's he's that he that's what he looked. He looked like one of the best players in the NBA last night. He did He was AZM Right there.
Speaker 4: You have it.
Speaker 1: A little MAVs recap for you. Coming up next in the weekly weekday Update strip Mall, Steve joins us. We talk about Spirit Airlines, we talk about beef sticks, and we talk about Americans losing interest in sex.
Speaker 2: Well, that's coming your way next