Speaker 1: The Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine The Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: All Right, the Bulldog continues his vacation, will pinch it for him all week? Sports page sponsor This morning Taco Bob.
Speaker 1: You know it, dude, This Sunday gonna be out of Johnny's Other Side noon to two this Sunday, Man, It's part of j R R. Summer Rock. We're doing a big a bunch of Sundays. We're going to be out at different places doing Sunday Fundays. Check it out. How about this Metallica tickets That's not all though, also a turntable and Metallica vinyl to give away. Johnny's other side. We're playing corn hole, having a good time starting noon on Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's on Michigan Street in Orlando. All right, let's begin with NBA playoff from last night. Tyrese Haliburton who leads the Pacers to Game four win other now at three to one over the Knicks. The final from Indianapolis won twenty one Nicks Pacers one thirty. Halliburton was just He's insane on fire. Triple double thirty two points, fifteen assists, twelve rebounds, not committing a turnover before.
Speaker 1: The first half. He was almost at a triple double, which is just crazy.
Speaker 2: Just uh yeah, a phenomenal performance in this series. With them up three to one, now things are really looking good for the Pacers and we'll see how it goes. You gotta play them all, you gotta play them all. Tonight Western Conference Finals continue Minnesota at Oklahoma City a tip off at eight thirty. OKC up three to one, hoping to close out Minnesota, yays, evening.
Speaker 1: Good as the Pacers have been playing. A Knicks fan, I know you're saying Nicks and six and all that stuff, but okay, see he's gonna take this whole thing. Nix and six. That's what they're saying, Knicks fan. Oh yeah, that's their little saying it's Nixon six. Well we're taking it. Good luck now, bud Well is that it's not is mathematically possible, but they were saying it yesterday. Hockey Playoffs, Edmonton Oilers win Game four. They're now up three to one on the Dallas Stars in the Western Conference Finals. Final score last night was for to one from Edmonton. The forty year old veteran Corey Perry getting it done for Edmonton last night as they look to close out Dallas in the next game. Eastern Conference Finals continue tonight. Will it be the night for the Florida Panthers, Taco Bob. They're at Carolina for Game five from Raleigh, eight o'clock. The puck drops. Panthers lead the series three to one. Let's hope. So, let's hope they can do it. I told you I'll guarantee you, okay. See, but Panthers, I can't. I can't guarantee okay. Talking with his guarantees is forty.
Speaker 2: That's it your league baseball from yesterday, not a good day for the in state teams. The Rays fall at home to Minnesota for two. Their series will continue today. The Marlins are out on the West Coast against San Diego. They lose eight to six. They will go again today as well. Busy week for Orlando City. They've got two matches. They've got one tonight and then they've got another on Saturday. This evening they are on the road in Atlanta to face Atlanta United FC, and then on Saturday they'll be back here in Orlando to host the Chicago Fire seven point thirty on a Saturday evening at the Purple Palace.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they keep it going. Man, they've been playing some good ball.
Speaker 2: Will anybody be surprised at this news? The w NBA unable to verify hateful fan comments in the investigation about the claims from Reese saying, you know, she was the victim of racist uh, you know, rhetoric from the fans there.
Speaker 1: If the rest didn't hear it, the fans didn't hear it.
Speaker 2: And the NBA is saying the same thing. They went in and said, look during the Indiana Chicago game in Indianapolis, they've gone in. They've investigated the report of racist fan behavior in the vicinity of the court during the Chicago Sky Indiana Fever game. League said that based on information gathered, including relevant to the fans, team, arena staff, as well as audio and video records of the game, nothing to substantiate the claims that were made. So can we move on.
Speaker 1: From that at this point? I hope for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, she she got an injury. She's gonna be out for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck with the ratings. W NBA. I hate saying it, but that that girls would draw in those ratings. Man, she's doing wonders for that league.
Speaker 2: Former NBA stars Sean Kemp he pleaded guilty to an assault charge yesterday for shooting at two men inside a vehicle in a Washington State mall parking lot. This stemming from a robbery at his cannabis business. Him tracking down his phone that was in the vehicle used to rob the place. He got an interaction this from a while back. Shots were fired. Kemp was charged and he agreed to plead guilty to an assault charge and kind of settle this whole thing here. So that has been an interesting situation that has now played out. How about this Taco college football playoff? The SEC meetings are going on in Destin this week and SEC Commissioner Greg Sank is supporting the talks of a playoff format that would involve it's called five plus eleven. The five power conference champions would be granted burst into the playoffs, plus eleven at large teams to make the tournament to bring it to sixteen rather than twelve. That's what they're proposing.
Speaker 1: Figure something, Mountain, stick to it. It's back and forth and bids.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, you know, the receding situation which they're gonna you know, work with this year, with the current twelve team situation. I think that may let's let's see how that works out first before looking to expand or change this any further.
Speaker 1: Just personal opinion.
Speaker 2: And in one final note here is is Aaron Rodgers going to play football in the National Football League this year? Terry Bradshaw, of course, the former Steelers quarterback at you know, Fox NFL Sunday co host, had some interesting things to say yesterday. He's not real thrilled with this back and forth courtship that continues between his former team and Aaron Rodgers. Listen to this quote. He says, that's a joke. That to me is just a joke. What are you gonna do? Bring him in for one year? Are you kidding me? That guy needs to stay in California, go somewhere and chew on bark and whisper to the gods out there.
Speaker 1: I know Bradshaw is like totally, you know, Oh, I'm gonna be as wild as I can in his older years, you know, with this show and everything, and I love that. I think he's funny as hell, But do you think he should play or not?
Speaker 2: Who Aaron Rodgers, Yeah, I think Bradshaw's right. If Rogers plays, it's gonna be to use a football term. I hail Mary for one more season, and I just I don't know if Pittsburgh or any team for that matter, really is gonna take that option.
Speaker 1: All Right, I could see him. I have a feeling he's gonna play, and but he they say that he's waiting until after you know, all the preseason stuff. We'll see.
Speaker 2: We'll see, all right. That'll do it for your sports page this morning
Speaker 1: On demand to download the iHeartRadio app