Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Oh my gosh, okay, I just pulled it up. Is that Jackie your Shadow?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 4: Yeah too.
Speaker 1: We got two significant cracks. That's a hole on the left. That's a crack on the right. But we don't know what's going on with the third egg. If that was the egg that we saw previously that had the pip, because it's underneath the belly, the belly of either a Shadow or Jackie there. But we've got two. We knew it yesterday. We saw a crack turned into a hole this morning, and then we heard from our people in the know that once one egg shows the pip that it kind of sends a message to the other eggs, Hey, you got to come out too, And that seems to be what's going on. Jackie and Shadow are both perched on the nest right now. Both Mom and Dad are there. We've got two crack slash holes in the eggs, folks, two eggs that look like they're getting ready to enter the world the hatchlings.
Speaker 5: And I believe that's Jackie sitting on top of the egg.
Speaker 1: That is Jackie on top of the egg. Jackie is bigger than Shadow. The female is bigger than the male.
Speaker 4: Here. Wow, this is exciting guys.
Speaker 1: Now, we have heard that it takes three to five days for the eggs to hatch once the pip has happened. But I feel like I feel like they're fast tracking this thing. I feel like these these these birds want out, and I think it's gonna happen, and I think it's gonna happen soon.
Speaker 4: But you know, hope. In one hand, it's time for a swamp lot, which.
Speaker 1: Means I'm an a liar and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 4: The other side never quits.
Speaker 6: So what I'm not going anywhere So that.
Speaker 2: Now you drain the squad.
Speaker 4: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 7: You know, Mrvans have always been going at residents, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 1: Wonder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 5: Why have the people voted for you?
Speaker 4: With masswap watch, They're all.
Speaker 1: Counternoed, what do they say doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, that's insanity. Yeah, that was kind of the way my line of thinking about what happened in the Oval Office between President Trump and Ukrainian President Zelensky went down on Friday. In the moment, I thought, oh my gosh, this is so embarrassing. It's a shouting match in the Oval Office. As a president of the United States, You've got to know better. You know, you can't yell and cut somebody off. And then you've got JD. Fance demanding thanks, and you look silly, and this is all a mess, and gosh, there's no decorum in the Oval Office. And that was my feeling in the moment, And it was embarrassing, and it did not need to happen that way.
Speaker 4: It really did not.
Speaker 1: That said, My dad used to have this same and it becomes more apple as you move through life, but I remember him saying this when I was very young.
Speaker 4: You have to play the game.
Speaker 1: Play the game, and that basically means that you're going to come across things, jobs.
Speaker 4: People that are difficult.
Speaker 1: People you'd rather not deal with, people that don't think the way. You do jobs that are awful or they're just not right for you, but you gotta go because they pay the bills. Right, play the game, and that's kind of what Zelenski failed to do when he went to the Oval office. Expecting Trump to act differently is insanity, isn't it. We know who this guy is. We know that he likes winners. We know that he likes to be the biggest bully on the playground. And that's just how he does his business. He told him again on Friday in the Oval Office. It's my job, I'm paraphrasing, it's the deals. That's what I do. I'm a hard deal maker.
Speaker 4: This is how I.
Speaker 1: Come to the negotiating table. This is how I approach things. And it's with a sledgehammer that we know that about him. So you've kind of got to play the game. You've got to realize who you're dealing with and the bluster that you're going to be dealing with, and Zelensky kind of played into it. Now, is it fair to put the onus on Zelensky? No, probably not, But you've got to play the.
Speaker 4: Game in this situation.
Speaker 1: You've got to know that the key to Trump's heart is through praise, and as sad as that may be, that's the game we're playing here, folks. And when Zelenski went into the Oval office and failed to say thank you, the United States is so great, You're such a major power, and we're so lucky to have you on our side. Had he gone in there with that preface, in front of all the cameras, I think it would have been a very different meeting. But that wasn't the game that was played, and the fireworks were the ensuing result. Now, Senator Lindsay Graham has called on Zelensky to consider resigning. Now, Senator Graham is saying this openly. Now, behind closed doors, there are reports that Lindsey Graham is telling people at the Capitol Trump efed up and he effed up big. So sometimes what you're hearing publicly from people is not just is not what they're saying behind closed doors.
Speaker 4: But you already knew.
Speaker 1: That Trump will be giving an address to a joint session of Congress. He said today on social media. Tomorrow night will be big. I will tell it like it is. Now, keep in mind the backdrop of this address is Trump using a flurry of executive orders to really say I don't need you Congress is what you're kind of doing. You're kind of thumbing your nose at Congress saying I'm going to do what I want to do, whether you like it or you're not, And where's my pen? And that's kind of the way that Trump has been doing business since he got his second chance in office. The address is scheduled for tomorrow at six pm our time. I'm assuming we will take it here. It's not officially termed the State of the Union. That's an address reserve for subsequent years. But this is what usually is an opportunity to the president to outline his key priorities. This is going to be broadcast live on major networks. You're gonna have the top congressional leaders, You're gonna have the cabinet there, the Supreme Court justices will be in attendance, the whole pomp and circumstance, the full nine.
Speaker 4: So it'll be interesting to see how he treats this.
Speaker 1: Will he be the reserve president that he had kind of tiptoed into this second this second term in office, or will it be the brash, beat you over the head Trump that we saw on Friday in the Oval Office, maybe a little bit of both, who knows. But all eyes will be on Capitol Hill on Washington tomorrow as Trump addresses that joint session of Congress, and we will take you there live right here on KFI. Coming up next an update. Yes, we will keep an eye on the eagles. Don't worry, are you kidding? Any action on those eggs, any cracks or holes, we will tell you about it right here first on Gary and don't worry. You can continue your work day. I just watched the clip of Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal recreated recreating the moment from when Harry met Sally when he says, when you're an Oscar winner, you want the moment to last.
Speaker 3: And it just.
Speaker 4: Something about those two such a nice moment in time.
Speaker 1: Billy Crystal hosting the Oscars was probably my peak favorite Oscar memories.
Speaker 4: Like it's a series of years in the early next.
Speaker 8: There's nobody better, There has been nobody better than Billy Crystal.
Speaker 4: I love that you're that emphatic. I feel the same every year.
Speaker 8: I say, why can't we have Billy Crystal back? Why why, why won't he do it?
Speaker 1: He's like a secure He's like a warm blanket. But also everyone loves Billy Crystal. I mean he doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, and he just strikes such a nice chord. Just watching that clip is a twenty second clip and Meg Ryan and they still got it, they still have the chemistry they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I enjoyed that too, although well I won't say no. Go ahead, well no, you and I talked about off the year, so I'm not going to be a hater.
Speaker 4: I don't remember what it was. Well, her face just like oh right, right right, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what, Sometimes beautiful women they want to stay beautiful, and unfortunately they do too much. She could have, she could have not touched a thing for the rest of her days and looked just as beautiful and cute. And she does have the beautiful cute thing going on as well that she will always have. But it makes me sad more than anything. You didn't need to touch anything. You don't need to touch anything, but we are.
Speaker 8: We're under so much pressure, and especially actresses, as you know they get older, they're under so much pressure. But I mean, so many of them are so beautiful.
Speaker 4: Just you don't need to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad that there's an anti filler movement working its way through Hollywood, where I think there were people who did too much when it comes to putting fillers and their cheeks and their lips, and it was making some people look older than they were. You know, you'd see somebody who was putting using fillers twenty five or thirty and they looked forty five, and you think this isn't the right way. Puffy is not always a not always the answer. Okay, So Gene Hackman and his wife, the mystery continues. Authorities now believe they can rule out carbon monoxide as a possible cause of death. This is something we told you right away when we reported to this to you on Friday morning, that police, fire, even the gas company had come out to this property in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and said there's no signs of a carbon monoxide leak. The house was built, I think in two thousand. Gene Hackman was ninety five, wife was sixty five, and they both tested negative for carbon monoxide. They believe that Gene Hackman died on February seventeenth, nine days before he and his wife were discovered dead.
Speaker 4: That was the date of the last recorded event.
Speaker 1: On Gene Hackman's pacemaker, so that is believed to have been Gene Hackman's last day of life. Unclear of when Betsy died. Now, remember Betsy was found in a bathroom, slumped on the ground, bottle of pills, open pills billed out around the body. One of their dogs found in a crate. We don't know if the door was open or closed in a nearby closet.
Speaker 4: Dead. Gene Hackman found dead.
Speaker 1: They thought he fell sunglasses near his body, like he was putting him on or something of that nature. They believed that he had fallen, which made them think about carbon monoxide.
Speaker 4: I guess at first.
Speaker 1: Full autopsy results and talks tests are still pending. This could take weeks, but no obvious signs of how they died, and the investigators saying that this was suspicious enough to warrant a thorough search and investigation.
Speaker 4: Three months could be at least three months.
Speaker 1: You'd think they could put a rush order in on it, right, Hey, it's Gene Hackman. We got Morgan Freeman to do the in memoriam. Come on, let's put a speed order on this. They have expedited some tests carbon monoxide being one of them.
Speaker 4: You know, if that came back.
Speaker 1: Positive, then you could put a bow on it and it's a shutcase. In a search of the couple's home, they found two cell phones. They found thyroid medication and blood pressure medication, thy linnel, a twenty twenty five monthly planner, and health records. He was in the mudroom. That's where he was found. Now, some people say that the mudroom is colder, and in certain places there are things called a mudroom and for people that haven't left la and that it's colder, and that may have kept the body. Because remember, her hands showed signs of mummification. His did not, so they thought initially that she may have been dead longer, although the mommification of the hands and feet can take place within a few days to about a week after a body expires. We don't know what the prescription bottle was found, was that the blood pressure medication. Was that just she was going in to take her daily thyroid or blood pressure medication and she fell and died. Very odd for somebody who's sixty five to drop dead like that, And what are the odds that your husband had just dropped dead and that you didn't know it. Did she find him and then go take a bunch of pills because she was so distraught? How did the dog died? Did the dog die after she died from malnourishment? You'd think as dog owners responsible dog owners. They have three of them, and everyone around them says they are responsible dog owners. That you wouldn't do that if you were to off yourself because you're so distraught about your husband dying, you'd make allowances for all the dogs to be okay, you would think, you.
Speaker 8: Know what, Shannon, What I don't understand is if they were deceased for that amount of time, how did the other two dogs survive?
Speaker 4: Number one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Because they're not being fed.
Speaker 8: And also, I mean, as you said, this is Gene Hackman. They don't have a housekeeper or a live in or somebody there. I mean, what is it an eight thousand square but how something like that? There's nobody there, nobody, nobody found them for all these days.
Speaker 1: The only answer I can give to you for that or some people are very private. And she was much younger. She could have been the caretaker in this home. He's ninety five, she's only sixty five, so she could have been handling all of this, and because they were private, there's one picture of them in the past year out and about. It seems like they did keep to themselves. It was a caretaker. I don't know if it's a grounds care carekeeper, a caretaker excuse me, grounds caretaker, or a housemaid or somebody that was the one who came in and found the bodies. It was somebody who reported to the house at least on some sort of a routine basis, whether it's every couple weeks to clean or do the grounds cleaning or something of that nature. Don't know, but I think it's perfectly understandable that she took care of things around the house being so much younger, and she may have been his caretaker as well. I mean, people when they get to be that age get real honorie sometimes when it comes to having other people in their space and taking care of them.
Speaker 4: So that's the only thing I can think of.
Speaker 1: My question, Debra, is where the kids got three adult children? I know that the wife is a year younger than the I believe the oldest child, but they're all in their their fifties and sixties. The children, where are they in the past two weeks or is that normal that they wouldn't talk to their dad in two weeks?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah, I was wondering that too.
Speaker 8: I mean, were they strange or did they did they just not have a great relationship.
Speaker 4: There's just so many Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, in adding to that question is the fact that the family, the kids came out at least one or maybe more came out right away. The bodies weren't even picked up from the home, and the family was already saying carbon monoxide poisoning. Now, how the hell do you know that? You know, I was at my mom's house for a week. This sounds this is an awful hypothetical. But if she was found today, I wouldn't say, oh, it must be carbon monoxide poisoning, despite the fact I was just there two days ago, Right, I would have no idea. You're not at the home, you're not with the person, you don't know what's going on. Why you would jump to that conclusion and publicize that right away? To me sent up a red flag.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought that was I thought that was weird too, unless they just felt as we all did. Okay, it sounds it just sounds like carbon monoxide. But you would think they would have had some other information, you know, that we did not get for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Or if it was purposeful carbon monoxide, that's usually pretty obvious that that was on purpose as well.
Speaker 4: So I guess we will.
Speaker 1: Just have to wait for the results of those tests coming up. Do chores turn you on? Let me rephrase, does your spouse during chores turn you on? Do you look at them with a nicer kind of outlook when they have taken care of the laundry or taken out the trash, or done something, or taken the dog out?
Speaker 4: Or do you just make your dog suffer? Like kean?
Speaker 1: It just kidding, they have a staring contest in their house. Who's going to take the dog out? I don't think that that is rare. I think that probably happens with a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Let us know.
Speaker 1: Using the top back feature on the higher Radio app, we'll get into the study that says half of Americans say chores done by somebody else turns them on. Stories we are falling for you today. A large storm system set to bring blizzard conditions possible tornadoes to different parts of the country that are not us this week. Today, the storm is in the rockies the Southwest. Severe weather will break out in the south starting tonight into tomorrow morning, damning wins with the chance of yes tornadoes from Dallas to Oklahoma City. Tariffs on Mexico and Canada go into effect tomorrow. Last week, in a truth social post, Trump said illegal drugs continue to pour across the border. He called a very high and unacceptable levels. So we will see what happens with any sort of negotiations before those kick in tomorrow. I know the President of Mexico has said, we are in constant contact with all of the people in Washington that we can that have a pipeline to Trump to figure out how to make some sort of agreement before this happens. Both Canada and Mexico have promised to boost security, but apparently it has not been to the level that the administration wants to see. Pope Francis, we will get an update coming up after Deba's news at the top of the hour. You've heard about his progress listening to KFI news. He's taken another turn. He suffered two episodes of acute respiratory failure. It's really hard to hear. Every tourney's taking isn't it. We don't even know this man. We're hearing about all of the things. On Friday it was he's tooken on vomit. Now we were hearing about these acute respiratory failures. He's receiving ventilation at this point, before it was mechanical ventilation had been removed. Now the ventilation's backed. We don't know back. We don't know if he's intubated or what's going on. But we will stay on top of the pope's condition with as respectfully as possible.
Speaker 4: We'll leave out the vomit. How about that?
Speaker 1: More than half of Americans say they are turned on when.
Speaker 4: Their partner does chores.
Speaker 1: This is a survey studying the link between home cleanliness and romance. Vast majority of people admit an untidy home could be a deal breaker. The most alluring chore at all? Overall, what do you think the most alluring chore is taking out the trash, taking out the dog, grocery, shopping, or some mopping the floor, washing the windows.
Speaker 4: It is doing the dishes. Doing the dishes is up there. I learned this watching Love is Blind. Interesting.
Speaker 1: There was a couple in the pods and where they were having these great relationship conversations over.
Speaker 4: Do you mind cooking or would you rather?
Speaker 1: Do you like to cook? Or do you like to do the dishes? Was the major conversation topic. And the guy in the pod said, Oh, I don't mind doing the dishes, and it was like he said he cured cancer.
Speaker 4: She was like, oh, my gosh, you don't mind doing the Oh you are the one for me.
Speaker 1: And it was this whole breakthrough and their relationship that he would do the dishes, and I thought, Wow, this is proof that this show should not exist like that, Like she's writing it down in her little journal like he does the dishes, circling it, putting a star next to it.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking, is that really that big of a deal. And then I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: About her cooking, because we all know people cook, Like I would prefer people not to cook if they are gonna make a freaking mess and not do dishes as they go. It's a difference of person, isn't it. I am a do dishes as I go. Cooker, I will. And unless you're cooking like Thanksgiving dinner, you're cooking for ten twelve people. If you're cooking for the two of you, or for the four of you, what have you? I'm a do as you go dish doer. I don't cook, and then it's a and then it's a freaking World War two, you know, emergency room in there.
Speaker 4: That's not what it looks like. I like to clean as I go.
Speaker 5: I'm the exact opposite to see. I'm just a mess. I think I use five different forks for the same like dish to try. Uh, I have no contamination, like I'm washing my hands every six seconds, like I have five different ladles.
Speaker 4: You're touching the chicken and then you're touching the water nozzle.
Speaker 5: It it's I don't know. I'm a mess. And then I have to leave it for my husbands a And then it's not a turn on him doing the dishes, because as soon as I'm done, I just walk away. And then it's like you are.
Speaker 4: A monster, a horrible person. That is awful.
Speaker 5: I am, like, I love cleaning, but I also hate it at the same time. But I'd rather somebody else do it than me. So I guess just him cleaning is my entire turn on, because I don't like doing it myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, especially when you create the mess and that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel bad now, I'm I'm instructed to do dishes on the weekends.
Speaker 4: You see, you're okay with them sitting.
Speaker 5: I mean he does it during the weekday, okayh I have to do him during the week.
Speaker 1: Because there's a whole thing with couples of are you okay with the dishes sitting like overnight or are you a dishes need to be done right away?
Speaker 5: Person Ideally, I would like dishes to be in the dishwasher at the end of the night. Yeah, So then that way, whatever we use throughout the day is sure put away and done by the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're not going to get a divorce over him leaving something in the sank.
Speaker 4: Though, No, no, no, no, I'm still I'm not getting over the mess that you make.
Speaker 5: I don't know, like it's like I'm a ship and I know looking in the kitchen like that's probably more normal.
Speaker 1: I'm the serial killer, I'm sure in this situation of like I have to clean as I go, And probably people that actually make good food and are normal chefs, they do the same thing that you do. They just they're focused on what they're creating and their food and they don't want to deal with any of that crap.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. So what is the chore that turns you on?
Speaker 1: We have your answers from the talkback feature there on that iHeartRadio app, so we'll find out what you had to say. Well we come back. I love I love it when the chores are done. I love it when anything is done around the house. I like it when my husband does things around the house that I didn't even know doing. You know, like if I came home and he's like, yeah, I fixed that electrical issue we were having it even if he did nothing. If you told me he did that, I'd be like, that's awesome that you did something.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go sit on the couch for four hours.
Speaker 5: See I'm I'm the one that can build and fix things. And let me get in there and okay, do the electrical stuff like I love doing that.
Speaker 4: But get your ass in the kitchen and clean honey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm that person.
Speaker 4: I'll take care of the wiring. Okay.
Speaker 1: More than half of Americans say they're turned on when their partner does chores. We asked you which partner does the chores? What chores are we talking about?
Speaker 9: And do you agree good morning, like Gary and Shannon. Oh my god, I'm so glad that you've asked this. I recently started in a relationship and I had to leave because it was opening day at baseball for my kids, and I was telling my new partners like, hey, I trust you just locked the door on your way out.
Speaker 4: I have to go.
Speaker 9: I got home after a busy, long day with the kids, and oh my goodness, you would never believe it. Dishes were done, floor was swept, laundry was folded, things were put away. He cleaned my house while I was gone.
Speaker 4: I was squeez hey, Shannon.
Speaker 10: And the thing that's a turn on with the chores is if they're done without asking. If I come out into the kitchen after doing something in the bedroom and he's finishing up the dishes, that is awesome.
Speaker 4: Hush, Shannon.
Speaker 11: So I was listening to you guys talk about chores being an afrodisiac. It's not chores, like I kind of expect my husband to help me around the house. He lives here too. But the thing that really gets me as an afridisiac, in my opinion, when a man can fix something. I watch my husband fix a thing, and I'm like, hey you, let's go.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 7: Good morning, ladies. I have to tell you I am the luckiest woman on the face of earth. I'm a total lazy butt. And on the weekends, my husband and who is a busy body, will wake up and the longer I stay in bed sleeping in the cleaner my house is when I wake up the horning what and it's a super turn on.
Speaker 4: Love you Bob.
Speaker 10: For me, it's when my husband changes out the.
Speaker 4: HVAC filter. Oh yeah, I can claim that, ladder.
Speaker 10: Hi, Shannon, thank you.
Speaker 2: Somebody you know I've been married forty five years to my wife and we pretty much share all the chores. Everything seems to get done. We don't have to ask or play any games. The one thing is, though, that she is only four foot ten and I do everything four foot eleven and not And that's kind of kind of okay to me. But anyways, love your show, Thanks Shan.
Speaker 6: Good morning Shannon. As far as chores go for a guy, I'm an exception to the rule. I guess when the kids were young, I did all the laundry, did all the shopping because I enjoyed doing it. Even this past week, on the hot day, so got the area of rubs out of the house, vacuumed them up real good in the patio, got my carpet shampoo out, cleaned them up real good and stuff. I love doing stuff like that. I guess I worked hard for what I have and I appreciate doing this stuff myself, but I love it definitely.
Speaker 4: When she's scribbing in tubs, I'm running, Shannon.
Speaker 7: My favorite chore that my husband does, I saar is having dinner ready when I get on some work.
Speaker 2: I really love that.
Speaker 6: Oh I went into Greg longtime listener, that whole congo out chores that doesn't work in my house.
Speaker 2: That just makes it worse.
Speaker 10: I'd rather be yelled.
Speaker 3: At and have a bad situation because.
Speaker 2: I didn't do something than to belittle because I did it wrong trying to help out.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I love you guys.
Speaker 4: Bangs.
Speaker 3: So if I take the Clox wipes into my bathroom which is also the guest bathroom, and wipe down the tub, the toilets, We've got two sinks, hit the sinks, clean the shower glass a little bit, do a quick mop of the floor, I'm pretty much guaranteed some Sunday night wrestling. If you know what I mean, unless, of course, I managed to blow it sometimes Sundays so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chlorox wipes. Those will do a lot more than you think they'll do. I never thought that an HVAC could be sexy and scrubbing the tub also getting you there that those were great.
Speaker 4: Thank you everybody. That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: And I think the takeaway is a happy wife is a clean clean house.
Speaker 4: I don't know scrubbing the tub.
Speaker 1: All right, Coming up next, we will talk about what's happening, get you caught up on it and everything. Everyone is talking about, clean tubs and update on the Pope, sex workers, get a thank you at the oscars all they're not connected.
Speaker 4: We'll do it right here, Gary and Shannon. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 1: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app